PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Gantz 359 Discussion/360 Prediction Thread

GAT-X252
February 22, 2012, 07:56 AM
Raw is out, you can get it here (http://www.mediafire.com/?42knakavjahk09c)

102jayday
March 06, 2012, 10:13 AM
Cherry sees Sakata, so he must be at the limit of dying if he uses more. So Sakata will prob convince him to live on. It kinda reminds me of narutos father appearing during the pain arc lol. Whats Nishi doing? Joining the gantz robots?

Shion Izumi
March 06, 2012, 11:38 AM
Might be far fetched but maybe the Ziabatsu brought back every single Gantzer. They might have full access to the balls since they did just randomly spawn like 100 ultra mechs, which was confirmed is the strongest weapon in the arsenal. If they can spawn 100 point weapons than they should be able to spawn dead Gantzers from the memory bank.

Ruhina
March 06, 2012, 12:34 PM
Cherry doesn't have anything to live for now, he's pretty much the sacrifical lamb waiting for slaughter. What Sakata might encourage him to do is hang around long enough to make that final heroic sacrifice. I can't see him returning from this mission.

I'm more concerned that Nishi is getting teleported to the battle. Is he taking the place of some goon who's dead or is he just going to pop up there with his standard suit? Poor Takeshi who'll be alone for a while without a functioning suit.

Also to above poster. If they really are reviving everyone, doesn't it mean that Reika will also be revived? Lol at the mood whiplash when they just buried her and she pops up saying: "Hey guys! 'Sup?" (then Kei will immediately wrestle to the ground and make sweet sweet lovin' to her).

BrazilianGantzer
March 06, 2012, 02:22 PM
Might be far fetched but maybe the Ziabatsu brought back every single Gantzer. They might have full access to the balls since they did just randomly spawn like 100 ultra mechs, which was confirmed is the strongest weapon in the arsenal. If they can spawn 100 point weapons than they should be able to spawn dead Gantzers from the memory bank.

I don't think it was that many mechs...Plus, they said "largest" weapon, not "strongest". That's a big difference (Oka's mech x Oka's Suit).
But I don't think it would be impossible that they would resurrect every Gantzer. It would be awesome to see some old characters again. Although if they brought Reika back it would be a kick in the nuts for us after the last two chapters! hahahhaa

Edit - I should have read Ruhina's post beforehand! :derp

Shion Izumi
March 06, 2012, 03:55 PM
Cherry doesn't have anything to live for now, he's pretty much the sacrifical lamb waiting for slaughter. What Sakata might encourage him to do is hang around long enough to make that final heroic sacrifice. I can't see him returning from this mission.

I'm more concerned that Nishi is getting teleported to the battle. Is he taking the place of some goon who's dead or is he just going to pop up there with his standard suit? Poor Takeshi who'll be alone for a while without a functioning suit.

Also to above poster. If they really are reviving everyone, doesn't it mean that Reika will also be revived? Lol at the mood whiplash when they just buried her and she pops up saying: "Hey guys! 'Sup?" (then Kei will immediately wrestle to the ground and make sweet sweet lovin' to her).

Well its either they revive everyone or Cherry is just hallucinating. If its the real Sakata than it will be funny if Kei's team is running around and see Reika and all the dead Gantzers in a group. Reika will only remember up to the last transfer point so she would not even know she died so when Kei2 sees the new revived Reika he will love her even more. I can actually see that play out.

GAT-X252
March 06, 2012, 04:45 PM
Guys i think you forgot this:

http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/329/9

BrazilianGantzer
March 06, 2012, 07:04 PM
So maybe Cherry is just going batshit insane...
Damn, I wish they'd bring back everybody.

GAT-X252
March 06, 2012, 07:25 PM
Or maybe a part Sakata is somehow living inside Cherry's mind.

Damn, maybe Sakata's soul or whatever is still around thanks to his powers...like a Jedi.

Draculoid
March 06, 2012, 08:10 PM
Wow sounds like a really interesting chapter! Lots of cool action and things set up for next time, excited to see what Nishi is gonna do (doubt it would just be the same as everyone else) and Sakata. Also cool action with the robots and psychic powers through the robots.

kliff2004
March 06, 2012, 09:26 PM
Guys i think you forgot this:

http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/329/9

ummmmmmmmm yeah.

If everyones forgotten.

Cherry fuckin lost his mind.

Sorry, sakata more than likely is not alive.

But i was curious if the advanced suits and mech could be used to channel Cherry's power.

Evidently that happened. That makes me very happy ^__^

102jayday
March 07, 2012, 01:05 AM
I can't believe how Cherry ditches the machines use and uses his esp to destroy two robots lol.
Yeah well these powers were sakata and sakata awoke Cherrys so it would be like his brain will power went into there too as a defense to stop cherry from overusing and die.

Sakata only gave Cherry powers because he wanted him to live and not kill himself so he prob thought if he wasn't around anymore THIS could happen.

Enn
March 07, 2012, 04:49 AM
Damn, maybe Sakata's soul or whatever is still around thanks to his powers...like a Jedi.

Lol.

Anyway, Cherry has long been overusing his psychic powers; it's no wonder if he dies sometime soon. However, Sakata's appearance in most-likely-Cherry's hallucination can be the single chance for Cherry to consider survival.

Shion Izumi
March 07, 2012, 10:38 AM
If Cherry is going to die anytime soon I hope this is what happens.

The Gantzers for some reason can't reach the compression tower and Cherry just "Hara Kiri's" and makes himself explode destroying the entire ship. That would be the most satisfying and bad ass death in the manga and would make Cherry look like an absolute boss. If he just gets killed by a fodder alien it will be very lame.

kliff2004
March 07, 2012, 11:14 AM

The Gantzers for some reason can't reach the compression tower and Cherry just "Hara Kiri's" and makes himself explode destroying the entire ship. That would be the most satisfying and bad ass death in the manga and would make Cherry look like an absolute boss. If he just gets killed by a fodder alien it will be very lame.

Is that how you would describe reika's death? getting killed by a Fodder alien?

I'd be all for Cherri doing something incredible.

He is by far one of my favorite characters outside of izumi.

And as much as I love kei, its usually the side characters that are more interesting than the main. Kei is only my fave when he's saving tai.

Ruhina
March 07, 2012, 12:55 PM
Holy schmack!

1) Why did Cherry forcibly eject himself from the G-suit? I would have died to be in one.

2) He's obviously hallucinating about Sakata, so he could still be in the suit, although rather insane.

3) Nishi got his own war mech it seems. He must either be the most ignorant/axe-crazy kid in Japan or the most entusiastic suicider ever.

Edit: I just contradicted myself in point 1 and 3, lol, shoot me if you ever meet me in the Gantz game folks... :P

RDN-567
March 07, 2012, 04:27 PM
i dont really like mechas, but this chapter was awesome! mostly for cherry's rage again.
thats how a fight should be like, in gantz at the end. progresive.

could it be that cherry has lost his consciousness, thats why he's portrayed as he falls out of the hard suit like a ghost through a wall..?

Coolperson1145
March 08, 2012, 12:07 AM
I got to be honest, when Sakata was shown at the end I thought "...HOLY SHIT!" Thinking that him and some others got revived somehow. Then I remembered how someone has been speaking to Cherry multiple chapters ago. It may just be a vision, but I really hope this gives Cherry a fantastic finale. I do wish he would be one of the few survivors in the end, but sadly that might not be the case. I liked this unique twist for Gantz, it's been forever since I've seen from Nishi and Cherry.

Speaking of Nishi, I can see he found a way to teleport, but I hope that him and Takeshi get some action very soon.

yeheybox
March 08, 2012, 01:41 AM
This chapter told us how unsecured gantz System is.... BTW Gantzers are Epic....

BrazilianGantzer
March 08, 2012, 05:32 AM

Somehow,I doubt Cherry will die killing himself for the greater good. From what I`ve seen of him, he's more likely to be determined to stay alive as long as possible to kill as many aliens as he can. I don't think he will kill himself, no matter how many aliens he can take with him. I think he will be the type to always believe he can kill more alive than he could be killing himself.

kliff2004
March 08, 2012, 10:08 AM
This is what I love about gantz. The crazy equality regardless of the sizes differences.

The gantz technologies puts the humans on equal ground with these aliens, and I'm pretty sure they did not see this coming.

At first I had wished that cherri had fought that alien instead of reika, cause it would have been cool to see a pshycic battle.

But this was a thousand times more satisfying.

The second I saw Cherri in that mech suit, I was fucking praying that it would amplify his powers.

And it did ^_^

And yeah......sakata's dead. Dont be silly people.

Shion Izumi
March 08, 2012, 10:38 AM
Cherry is the man. He even seems more powerful than Testuo esp with the mech and suit. Him going on a rampage with his powers a few chapters back has been the best part of this arc. Very satisfying to have him dish out brutal deaths to these giants. LOL I wouldn't mind a 20 page chapter of nothing but Cherry tearing through there entire race.

warbandit66
March 08, 2012, 11:50 AM
Cherry is the man. He even seems more powerful than Testuo esp with the mech and suit.

More powerful than Tetsuo? I'm sure this has to be gross hyperbole (unless you're talking exclusively about the anime Tetsuo). I really need to read this chapter because the way Cherry's being described sounds awesome.

M-Hario
March 08, 2012, 11:53 AM
Chapter is out enjoy it.

http://mangatopia.net/main/2012/03/engantz-0359/

Thanks to PotatoBaron for the raw and mote for the great translation!

kliff2004
March 08, 2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah something is fishy with this issue.

At first I thought that cherri was exiting the suit normally.

but it looks like he "phased" through it.

Cant phathom what that could mean.

But I have to say, the animation in this issue was A+

I haven't been able to say that for a while.

9tails23
March 08, 2012, 01:02 PM
will you back off itachi and let sasuke, I mean sakurai complete his goal of destroying everyone

kliff2004
March 08, 2012, 02:21 PM
will you back off itachi and let sasuke, I mean sakurai complete his goal of destroying everyone

Well that was a trainwreck of a joke.

I kinda get what your saying, except for the fact that itach doesn't give two shits about talking to sasuke.

We have no idea what the hell sakata is gonna say.

If anything, remember, he gave cherri his powers for the sole purpose of killing people that bullied him. Thats nothing like itachi and sasule.

Mrlazsa
March 08, 2012, 03:41 PM
cherry power is (litteraly) mind-blowing :)
nishi seems kinda imprudent entering the war but maybe since he managed to enter the system he can control even his regeneration

Shinsatsu
March 08, 2012, 03:43 PM
What an awesome chapter. Mass destruction and Machine fights :D
And I hope Cherry isn't hallucinating!

kliff2004
March 08, 2012, 05:14 PM
cherry power is (litteraly) mind-blowing :)
nishi seems kinda imprudent entering the war but maybe since he managed to enter the system he can control even his regeneration

Im calling it right now.

Nishi is probably going to get fucked over

He specifically stated he is gonna fight by "remote control"

Im gonna guess that gantz transported him into something that will have a twist to it, and not be what nishi wanted.

Next issues gonna have a huge fuckin pannel of Nishi floating around inside a Hot air ballon >_______________________>

warbandit66
March 08, 2012, 05:15 PM
Even I as the self proclaimed No.1 Sakata fan can accept that the probability that Sakurai is not hallucinating is 1% at best. Methinks a lot of the hope that Sakata is actually back is coming from Izumi fans.

xenternameherex
March 08, 2012, 05:45 PM
Although Cherry might just be crazy I'm going to be so many different levels of pissed and happy if everyone is revived.

BrazilianGantzer
March 08, 2012, 06:05 PM
Although Cherry might just be crazy I'm going to be so many different levels of pissed and happy if everyone is revived.

Question is, if everybody has indeed been revived, why would they be revived right into the head of battle?
And why would Sakata be acting so calm, cool and collected? Seems strange. I'm guessing Cherry's hallucinating, after all

xi0
March 08, 2012, 07:52 PM
If Sakurai isn't hallucinating and Sakata really was revived, then that doesn't necessarily mean Reika would be as well since she died so recently.

Cherry falling out of the suit was weird. I sort of took it as Sakata's doing, but if he isn't really there then is he controlling Cherry still somehow?

Charlie
March 08, 2012, 08:09 PM
If Sakurai isn't hallucinating and Sakata really was revived, then that doesn't necessarily mean Reika would be as well since she died so recently.

Cherry falling out of the suit was weird. I sort of took it as Sakata's doing, but if he isn't really there then is he controlling Cherry still somehow?

I'm thinking that when Sakata parted or awoke Cherry's powers, he imparted something of himself in Cherry's mind.
Sort of like a fail-safe to help Cherry out. I don't think he's really been revived.

Shinsatsu
March 08, 2012, 08:36 PM
Well, if Nishi is able to control the teleportation process and maybe the healing thing too... Reviving others might be possible too. And what's the point of keeping all those people in Gantz memory unless they were recruited for something like what's happening now.

Even if Sakata is just a hallucination, I think that Gantz Database of dead Gantzers will have to serve a purpose. I mean, if Gantz was created to defeat Aliens, then why keep all those experienced people dead, knowing that they can be revived by the system and fight for humanity? Especially in this kind of hopeless and messed up situation?

kliff2004
March 08, 2012, 08:58 PM
Well, if Nishi is able to control the teleportation process and maybe the healing thing too... Reviving others might be possible too. And what's the point of keeping all those people in Gantz memory unless they were recruited for something like what's happening now.

Even if Sakata is just a hallucination, I think that Gantz Database of dead Gantzers will have to serve a purpose. I mean, if Gantz was created to defeat Aliens, then why keep all those experienced people dead, knowing that they can be revived by the system and fight for humanity? Especially in this kind of hopeless and messed up situation?

well thats assuming none of this costs any resources.

Bringing people back always seemed to me like a motivational option.

Keep fighting hard for us, and you can have your friends back.

Your thinking to rationally. And anyone thats read gantz should be well aware of the fact that whomever is in charge, doesn't give a shit about using logic or reason to fight there battles.

I'm more curious why everyone keeps ignoring the fact that Cherri was just listening to his dead girlfriend speak to him.

Yeah, lets keep ignoring that fact and just assume sakata was revived because NOW the leaders decided to be rational.

we will see in two weeks.

March 08, 2012, 09:20 PM
All i can say it that............. Go Cherry. :)

Cherry and Sakata will butcher all of them like puny animals.... hahahahahahahhahahahhahahahagaggahahaha :D

Sakata maybe did not die as maybe he was not shown dying or dead.

Damura
March 08, 2012, 10:12 PM
So Kurono has full control of the mech now? He shouldn't have the ability to charge into an enemy robot if the mechs are programmed to march together toward the tower.

Judau Ashta
March 08, 2012, 10:20 PM
Aliens suck at rock em sock em.

could it be that cherry has lost his consciousness, thats why he's portrayed as he falls out of the hard suit like a ghost through a wall..?

That's what I'm thinking.

SK-Hao
March 08, 2012, 10:53 PM
Aliens suck at rock em sock em.

Yea with earlier gantz i diddnt ecpect giant robot fights but i guess it was inevitable.
Cherry is doing great though, killing as many aliens as possible is just what i like to see.

xi0
March 08, 2012, 10:56 PM
well thats assuming none of this costs any resources.

Bringing people back always seemed to me like a motivational option.

Keep fighting hard for us, and you can have your friends back.

Your thinking to rationally. And anyone thats read gantz should be well aware of the fact that whomever is in charge, doesn't give a shit about using logic or reason to fight there battles.

I'm more curious why everyone keeps ignoring the fact that Cherri was just listening to his dead girlfriend speak to him.

Yeah, lets keep ignoring that fact and just assume sakata was revived because NOW the leaders decided to be rational.

we will see in two weeks.

You mean when he was carrying her? I think he was talking to the Sakata in his head, assuming he's a creation of his mind.

KetchikanAKGantzer
March 09, 2012, 01:28 AM
what happened to Sakata left hand in the last page :S?

http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/359/20

xi0
March 09, 2012, 01:52 AM
what happened to Sakata left hand in the last page :S?

http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/359/20

Probably just awkward/lazy art. It isn't the first time Oku's done this.

fcToho
March 09, 2012, 05:13 AM
Man, Gantz is surely slow as hell... Is it even slower than Hajime no Ippo? Dont know...

Since the alien invasion or maybe a little bit later (after the first fight of the gantzers against the giant aliens?) it's so going downhill in my opinion. :-_-
It's a little sad and I really don't know where the story is going with this kind of pace.

I don't want to offend anyone, who is enjoying the manga at the moment, it's just what I feel for myself. To that extent, that I really don't know if I keep on reading. :-/

Mrlazsa
March 09, 2012, 08:17 AM
Man, Gantz is surely slow as hell... Is it even slower than Hajime no Ippo? Dont know...

Since the alien invasion or maybe a little bit later (after the first fight of the gantzers against the giant aliens?) it's so going downhill in my opinion. :-_-
It's a little sad and I really don't know where the story is going with this kind of pace.

I don't want to offend anyone, who is enjoying the manga at the moment, it's just what I feel for myself. To that extent, that I really don't know if I keep on reading. :-/

i agree with you, sometimes i fell kinda lost reading these last chapters, and to think i was so amused by this apocalyptic battle between men and aliens...i hope nishi can change this "stall"

Shinsatsu
March 09, 2012, 08:19 AM
i agree with you, sometimes i fell kinda lost reading these last chapters, and to think i was so amused by this apocalyptic battle between men and aliens...i hope nishi can change this "stall"
You would've felt the same during earlier fights. It's always good to read the whole thing without waiting ages between each chapter and the one that follows.
I'm sure you're all planning on re-reading this arc once it's over. Believe me, it'll feel way more compact.

Mrlazsa
March 09, 2012, 08:36 AM
yeah i was thinking to do it cause i' ve been reading the single chapters many times and i felt this sense of slowness, maybe is given by the desperation for the way things are going, i mean the in first chapter of this arc i really felt like their were fighting for the sake of the earth :)

York
March 09, 2012, 01:12 PM
Liked this chapter more than the last few. It's good to see Nishi and Cherry on the move.

And Sakata? :zomg
Wasn't expecting that, but gonna have to agree with those saying it's either a near death hallucination, or Sakata left a part of himself in Cherry's head when he gave him his power.

Im gonna guess that gantz transported him into something that will have a twist to it, and not be what nishi wanted.

Next issues gonna have a huge fuckin pannel of Nishi floating around inside a Hot air ballon >_______________________>
Inadvertently back on the frontlines? Heh, With Gantz man dead I guess the Big Whigs are the bonafide trolls of the series.

Cru
March 09, 2012, 02:34 PM
I love dumbass, he's probably my favorite character.

He didn't want to be rezzed. However, I wouldn't discount the possibility that he's alive again from the hackers -- especially if Nishi could hack himself into battle, and the familiar Gantz could be hacked to send those monsters -- It doesn't seem like too far of a stretch to imagine someone reviving the dead. Maybe even with some filter like every dead player that's ever gotten to 100 points. :allthe

Something about the way Cherry fell out of the suit though... It reminds me of Ichigo using the badge to pop out of his body. Cherry may be using some kind of astral projection.

GAT-X252
March 09, 2012, 07:19 PM
Sakata is using that haircut from the Oni Alien mission hahaha i love it. Brings me memories from back then, when i gave a damn about the main characters.

Like i said before, i think Sakata left something of him on Sakurai's mind, someone has been talking to him since he killed those giant officers and considering their powers i wouldn't be surprised if Sakata has trascended physical form. Although, Sakurai could be hallucinating too...

xi0
March 09, 2012, 07:21 PM
Sakata is using that haircut from the Oni Alien mission hahaha i love it. Brings me memories from back then, when i gave a damn about the main characters.

Like i said before, i think Sakata left something of him on Sakurai's mind, someone has been talking to him since he killed those giant officers and considering their powers i wouldn't be surprised if Sakata has trascended physical form. Although, Sakurai could be hallucinating too...

Or he could be on the verge of death. Why float out of the suit then? Astral projection? Maybe...I don't really know to be honest.

requiem46
March 10, 2012, 07:40 AM
he's most likely an hallucination, but I'm glad sakata is back for a moment. That being said, I think that his appearance means sakurai is going to die pretty soon (which isn't surprising considering he has become an avatar of death without any other purpose and the fact that he would most likely sacrifice himself to destroy the aliens).

And well, they already killed Reika off in a pretty lame fashion (offscreen fight, yay), so the window for main characters to go out of the picture seems to be open

Shinsatsu
March 10, 2012, 09:18 AM
Or he could be on the verge of death. Why float out of the suit then? Astral projection? Maybe...I don't really know to be honest.
He used his mind powers way too much... It's normal for him to leave the suit if he's having a massive headache... that's a normal human reaction. I bet everyone removes earphones and stuff when their head hurts because they think it's the reason behind the pain.

GAT-X252
March 10, 2012, 11:20 AM

I thought it was somekind of Out-of-body experience (Unless Oku forgot to draw Sakurai opening his hard suit and leaving it). It's not really that weird considering how powerful Sakurai is right now.

To be honest i don't think this is an hallucination, i think Sakata survived thanks to his powers and now he is somekind of Ghost like Obi Wan Kenobi, either that or he is living inside Sakurai's mind. He probably used his abilities to take Sakurai out of the Hard Suit...i wouldn't be surprised if time has freezed.

I think he came to tell Sakurai to calm the fu** down.

BTW i love that bear.

SK-Hao
March 10, 2012, 06:39 PM
Think you're on to something with the OBE (out of body experiecne) but I think it fits more closely with an NDE (near death experience). Cherry did just rip up 2 huge mechs it must have used a lot of energy.

Enn
March 10, 2012, 10:00 PM
Something about the way Cherry fell out of the suit though... It reminds me of Ichigo using the badge to pop out of his body. Cherry may be using some kind of astral projection.

I'd like to stick with Cherry just getting out of the mech suit.

Anyway, I am wondering how Nishi will contribute (and poor Takeshi, being left behind).

EliteBeatAgents
March 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
"sup cherry"

I don't know why I laughed so hard.

BrazilianGantzer
March 12, 2012, 04:52 PM
I thought it was somekind of Out-of-body experience (Unless Oku forgot to draw Sakurai opening his hard suit and leaving it). It's not really that weird considering how powerful Sakurai is right now.

To be honest i don't think this is an hallucination, i think Sakata survived thanks to his powers and now he is somekind of Ghost like Obi Wan Kenobi, either that or he is living inside Sakurai's mind. He probably used his abilities to take Sakurai out of the Hard Suit...i wouldn't be surprised if time has freezed.

I think he came to tell Sakurai to calm the fu** down.

BTW i love that bear.

If Sakurai survived, how could he avoid coming back to the Gantz room after the Nuri mission and completely avoid the Italy Mission? Before that, they still had the bombs in their heads. Also seems weird that he would just abandon Cherry for all the time since the Nuri mission...

GAT-X252
March 12, 2012, 08:31 PM
If Sakurai survived, how could he avoid coming back to the Gantz room after the Nuri mission and completely avoid the Italy Mission? Before that, they still had the bombs in their heads. Also seems weird that he would just abandon Cherry for all the time since the Nuri mission...

Sakurai didn't avoid the Italy mission, last time i checked he fought in...oh, you were talking about Sakata? :cheez

i think Sakata survived thanks to his powers and now he is somekind of Ghost like Obi Wan Kenobi

He is dead, but his soul/mind remains in the land of the living...that's my theory anyway. Why appear now and not before? Sakurai is about to collapse in any moment, dead girlfriend + excesive use of his powers might be too much for the teenager.

I don't want to get too deep on this since it's just a theory, it could be anything really...

xi0
March 13, 2012, 02:51 AM
He used his mind powers way too much... It's normal for him to leave the suit if he's having a massive headache... that's a normal human reaction. I bet everyone removes earphones and stuff when their head hurts because they think it's the reason behind the pain.

And you do that by floating through the suit instead of stepping out of it? :blink

BrazilianGantzer
March 13, 2012, 04:05 AM
Sakurai didn't avoid the Italy mission, last time i checked he fought in...oh, you were talking about Sakata? :cheez

Well that sure was sloppy of me! hahahahhaha Just comes to show how long it's been since I've talked about Sakata! :derp

Damura
March 13, 2012, 09:30 AM
And you do that by floating through the suit instead of stepping out of it? :blink

I float in and out of my clothes all the time.

Masterpice
March 14, 2012, 02:14 PM
Is this manga published weekly? Cause I just read it up to the 359 episode and I'm bored.

Charlie
March 14, 2012, 06:05 PM
Is this manga published weekly? Cause I just read it up to the 359 episode and I'm bored.

It's usually out bi weekly unless other-wise stated.

princelucian
March 15, 2012, 06:20 AM
Great fan of this manga, i think Cherry will die in the next charapter, i hope Reika my favourite character in gantz will be revived, at least at the end, it will be so sad if she ends like this, i hope for her real happy ending, as for the characters of this manga,how will it last? until december ? so we have only 20 charapter left at best
I'm writing a little fan manga on reika's past until shr got killed in shinjiku , 60 pg here the First 22, nothing special i hope you enjoy
http://uploading.com/files/1b17c46m/reika%2Bpubished.rar/

Damura
March 15, 2012, 01:00 PM
The manga's not about to end any time soon. I would be extremely surprised if it ended in December...

Supposing that it will end in December... then this mech attack on the tower must be the beginning of the end of things. There just isn't enough time to adequately end the story at this point. Unless everyone dies very quickly, very soon.

Should the story end with the defeat of the giants I would expect at least the rest of this year and 2013 to wrap things up. I hope it continues a bit beyond the giants. There's so many things that have barely been touched upon so far.

GAT-X252
March 15, 2012, 01:55 PM
I think this battle is going to end with the destruction of the mothership. Kurono1 is probably going to die fighting with the giant hero (then kurono2 kills the giant), Nishi brings down the tower, the ship is evacuated and then it blows up.

The giants are left defenseless against the gantz teams so they are a problem no more, and then the final arc about the german group/religion starts.

Otaku400
March 15, 2012, 06:23 PM
I think the Giant Arc is the last Arc.
Oku said that Gantz end this Year.
And I think too Gantz end this Year.

SK-Hao
March 15, 2012, 10:11 PM
Great fan of this manga, i think Cherry will die in the next charapter, i hope Reika my favourite character in gantz will be revived, at least at the end, it will be so sad if she ends like this, i hope for her real happy ending, as for the characters of this manga,how will it last? until december ? so we have only 20 charapter left at best

Now that Reika is dead :sad characters are probably going to start dying one by one, more alien forces will show up (obviously blondie alien). The fight is about to intensify with a lot of casualties on both sides. But i hope were in for more than 20 chapters.

Damura
March 15, 2012, 10:41 PM
I guess destroying the motherships is a nice little way of finishing most of the giants off. Most will die. Or ought to. And all their equipment will be crushed with it.

Right now that leaves everybody in danger. Unless they get a transfer I don't see how all of them will get away. And what about Tae? Likely to be left behind unless Fra or whatever the fuck her name was takes her straight to the exit, right now!

Enn
March 16, 2012, 04:10 AM
The giants are left defenseless against the gantz teams so they are a problem no more, and then the final arc about the german group/religion starts.

I'd like more of that as well. What will happen to Gantz after its purpose is achieved? The German group/Sebastian can even be a bigger enemy, considering how they created and controlled Gantz, supposing that the aliens get defeated; this can also be applied to Gantz team hackers.

Ruhina
March 16, 2012, 01:03 PM
I wonder if the same type of attack is being held in all the other world-ships around the world. The Zaibatsu guys are obviously crazy and wants to take over the world, but they could also be coordinating a globe-wise counter attack.

Let's just hope the NYC-team didn't miss something, that causing those reactors to blow up doesn't cause something like a giant nuclear explosion or something.

Damura
March 16, 2012, 07:27 PM
Each country seems to be responsible for their own defense. We know for certain that regular Gantzers are leading the fight in the US. Izumi/Nishi also alluded to the fact that other countries were ready to step up as well. Tokyo has to be the most clumsy rescue mission ever.

princelucian
March 17, 2012, 03:26 AM
I had the bad feeling that this manga we'll end open without explaining anything and without showing a good ending for each character
however i hope in some conclusion that has some sense.
if this manga is going to end this year: 2 charapter in a mounth we are in march right: 2*9=18, 18*20= less than 400 pg, i dont think it we''l be enought, reika killed off screen , he is running out of time and pages
I want reika and the old man revived!!!!

Damura
March 17, 2012, 06:53 AM
Wonder what he'll do after this anyway. Maybe more porn.

kliff2004
March 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
Unfortunately his vision of gantz failed miserably.

He wanted to make a manga that could made into an blockbuster style Hollywood movie.

instead, what we got was 2 pieces of shit movies.

He failed so fucking hard with his dream, i wouldn't be suprised if gantz finished in an extremely unsatisfying way.

This series I think had the potential to be one of the best manga's ever made with amazing opportunities for anime spin-offs that don't have to suck, and movies that should have been the best made action alien movies ever.

But it didnt. got a shitty anime spin off that ended with a shitty filler ending, and two worthless movies. I'm pretty sure the second gantz movie ended the same way the anime ended, with kurono getting hit by that fuckin train for some reason.

Oh oku, how you've let us down.

Dont fuck the ending up please ^_^

playerdude
March 17, 2012, 04:02 PM
Unfortunately his vision of gantz failed miserably.

He wanted to make a manga that could made into an blockbuster style Hollywood movie.

instead, what we got was 2 pieces of shit movies.

He failed so fucking hard with his dream, i wouldn't be suprised if gantz finished in an extremely unsatisfying way.

This series I think had the potential to be one of the best manga's ever made with amazing opportunities for anime spin-offs that don't have to suck, and movies that should have been the best made action alien movies ever.

But it didnt. got a shitty anime spin off that ended with a shitty filler ending, and two worthless movies. I'm pretty sure the second gantz movie ended the same way the anime ended, with kurono getting hit by that fuckin train for some reason.

Oh oku, how you've let us down.

Dont fuck the ending up please ^_^
why bash on the movies when you haven't seen them? i may not have liked the ending of the 2nd movie but i still wouldn't bash it. Oku didn't even get to direct it. and the anime wasn't shitty in my opinion, the only thing that was shitty about it was the filler ending and that was it.
but i agree, Oku better not give us a shitty ending to the manga.

EliteBeatAgents
March 18, 2012, 12:25 PM
why bash on the movies when you haven't seen them? i may not have liked the ending of the 2nd movie but i still wouldn't bash it. Oku didn't even get to direct it. and the anime wasn't shitty in my opinion, the only thing that was shitty about it was the filler ending and that was it.
but i agree, Oku better not give us a shitty ending to the manga.

Can't really say he hasn't seen the movie, since he never said he did. The anime was decent, I wish madhouse did the animation, and the direction. Also, knowing Oku, gantz will end on a bad note seeing how there's so much we don't really know.

kliff2004
March 18, 2012, 07:38 PM
Can't really say he hasn't seen the movie, since he never said he did. The anime was decent, I wish madhouse did the animation, and the direction. Also, knowing Oku, gantz will end on a bad note seeing how there's so much we don't really know.

I saw them, the first was fine, but didn't live up to the standards I set for it, nor was I happy with how things were changed. The tanaka fight was a massive let down, and so was the buddah temple fight.

The second one I literally couldn't finish, and just skipped around it and saw that the ending was taken from the animeish.

You can like them but I just expected wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more. Just like I expected wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more from the anime.

The manga hasn't let me down at all, and I do enjoy this final arc, I just pray he doesn't ruin it by adhering to this dead line.

Damura
March 18, 2012, 09:32 PM
They really dropped the ball on those movies somehow. It was so remarkably bad given the source material. How hard can it be to write a decent script? They were free to copy/paste huge chunks of the manga, and still they fuck it up.

kliff2004
March 19, 2012, 02:15 PM
Alright, i was re-reading the latest issue of gantz, and I noticed something that i just passed over.

http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/359/13

What exactly is happening on this page and the next?

At first I had assumed that Cherry was looking at the growing flash of the cannon being fired at him, but when I re-checked, its clear that some form of light is taking shape before cherry's eyes and exploding taking up his entire field of vision.

And then the following page shows the buildings around him exploding.

Really, I have no idea what that means, but I get the feeling that instead of Cherry getting weaker and closer to death, it almost seems like the opposite.

That maybe his powers fully matured and that might have been what that white light was.

Damura
March 20, 2012, 12:56 AM
Those lights are shots from the cannons on that robot. You can see it firing a second in the background.

I have two interpretations of what happened next. Either the robot just plain missed and the shots hit the buildings behind him, or Cherry deflected them with his power, as he's done a few times before.

kliff2004
March 20, 2012, 08:09 PM
Those lights are shots from the cannons on that robot. You can see it firing a second in the background.

I have two interpretations of what happened next. Either the robot just plain missed and the shots hit the buildings behind him, or Cherry deflected them with his power, as he's done a few times before.

ahhh I see.

that would explain why his nose was bleeding then.

He most likely used his powers to deflect both shots.