PDA

View Full Version : Anime Bleach TV Anime Ending on March 27

TemplateR
February 23, 2012, 05:19 AM
A recent television program listing in Japan reports that the Bleach television anime series will end its run in TV Tokyo's 6:00 p.m. Tuesday timeslot on March 27. When a Twitter follower of Bleach animation director Hiroki Takagi sent him an image of the listings, Takagi responded by saying, "So quick. I was going to paste it… /(^o^)\"

Shueisha, the publisher of Tite Kubo's original manga, had already announced that the weekly Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden anime will premiere on TV Tokyo on Tuesday, April 3 at 6:00 p.m.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-23/bleach-tv-anime-ending-on-march-27

It´s about time to end this most-filler "Bleach". Thank you :worship

If Bleach-Anime is returning in the future, then plz make it a Anime-Reboot with more faithfullness to Manga like "Dragonball Z Kai" oder "Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood" !!!!

Mayumura
February 23, 2012, 06:58 AM
They will move it to other time.

TemplateR
February 23, 2012, 07:40 AM
They will move it to other time.

If "Bleach" is moving on an other time-slot, then the tv-magazin or the tiwtter of "Hiroki Takag" would tell us immediatly.
But either on the tv-magzine or on the Twitter from Bleach animation director "Hiroki Takagi" mentioned about moving Bleach to another time-slot.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Can somebody translate these articel for us ?

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/e67dde7163f35299684f7e2bcbddafd61329986147_full.jpg

Because someone said, that the articel said it'll be transferred into OVAS. Can anyone from the translator confirmed or disconfirmed it

Skyguardian
February 23, 2012, 07:45 AM
Has Studio Pierrot to much to do with screwing up Naruto now?

Jorge D. Dragon
February 23, 2012, 08:49 AM
It would be actually a pity if they'll end Bleach anime for now. Even though I don't like fillers that much, but still there is an option to make a good plot for some filler Arc or even two Arcs.
Because the problem that people have with a Bleach fillers is a bad plot mostly, not the actual quality.

Mayumura
February 23, 2012, 09:26 AM
If "Bleach" is moving on an other time-slot, then the tv-magazin or the tiwtter of "Hiroki Takag" would tell us immediatly.
But either on the tv-magzine or on the Twitter from Bleach animation director "Hiroki Takagi" mentioned about moving Bleach to another time-slot.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Can somebody translate these articel for us ?

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/e67dde7163f35299684f7e2bcbddafd61329986147_full.jpg

Because someone said, that the articel said it'll be transferred into OVAS. Can anyone from the translator confirmed or disconfirmed it

Then we will get ~ 1 year hiatus and then Bleach-TV2 like it was with Gintama.

matsemann08
February 23, 2012, 09:27 AM
Doesn't make any sense to cancel it because it's so close to the manga. Fillers are much more popular in Japan, all of the most watched Bleach and Naruto episodes are fillers.

susanoo13
February 23, 2012, 10:06 AM
So from this anouncement and another that was out not to long ago it means Pierrot is ending both Bleach and Beelzebub animes on April this year which means that Naruto will get a much higher budget since that's where all the money will go like it was in the first 102 episodes of it and maybe some Bleach animators will move to doing Naruto just like some animation directors were moved from Shippuuden to Bleach.

Although I do expect Bleach to be back in Oct. 2013-2014 and Pierrot to pick another series to have as an ongoing and I can already think of one which we just learned that get anime adaptation yet we don't know when...this is just a guess right now but what do you think the chances are of Pierrot animating Magi - the magical labirynth?

TemplateR
February 23, 2012, 10:10 AM
...this is just a guess right now but what do you think the chances are of Pierrot animating Magi - the magical labirynth?

No, plz not be my favorite Manga "Magi" !!!! Any other studio, but not Pierrot !!!!

Schabrak
February 23, 2012, 10:15 AM
Yes, yes, yes, yesssssssss!!!!!!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs)My prayer was heard and they stopped lobotomizing the watching experience. That's the way every single long running series should be handled, less filler more good animation and plot.

Zehahaha
February 23, 2012, 03:05 PM
Lemme tell you this : Bleach is gonna be FREAKIN AWESOME;
Remember this very well. The last episode is more of a proof that the anime team is gonna do some epic shit for the final arc of Bleach.

crimsonlink310
February 23, 2012, 07:03 PM
I'm kinda happy and sad at the same time. I'm happy that there will be a reboot for Bleach down the line when there is a bigger gap. Plus the remade episodes will have better animation in HD since the anime started in 2004.

I'm sad though about no Bleach each week. I'll end up rewatching Bleach from the beginning to deal with the sudden loss lol. As for its replacement, I hope something else replaces it because I read the manga version of Rock Lee's Spring time of youth and it was pretty bad IMO.

Too bad the Japanese public will probably like it a lot. Anyways can't wait to see how they are gonna end the series for now. Some of my favorite Japanese songs came from Bleach. Uverworld and Aquatimez are some of my favorite bands thanks to Bleach.

You will be missed Bleach, but I can't wait for you to come back.

Airget
February 23, 2012, 08:57 PM
With how this arc has been that's canon to the story I can see why it's ending here. I wouldn't be surprised if the slip in popularity came down to how the arc presented itself compared to the manga. The anime plays it off to much to turn the Fullbring into evil people. In the manga the Fullbring never did a single thing that put Ichigo's friend or family in harm ala summoning a hollow to attack Ichigo's sister or having a metal bar fall on Ichigo's friends. As well as the scene when Ichigo throws away his badge it made no sense, that's basically saying he didn't want his powers back but the reason he had kept the badge with him and by his side is because subconsciously he wanted to be able to protect his friends again. They decided to show it through seeing his friends in harm and being unable to do anything about it but there was no reason to do it in sucha manner.

The way Kubo set it up is how it should have been and overall the arc itself has turned into a mess because of it's inaccuracies. It just annoys me cause I was actually looking forward to seeing how this would play out in anime but I've only seen maybe 3 episodes and then stopped cause the inaccuracies just annoyed me. They added action where they was no need for it, the arc itself was to be played out in a psychological manner and it was pretty much tossed aside in favor of what they thought would bring in more fans.

Jaiden82
February 24, 2012, 10:56 AM
The anime will be back in another 2 to 3 years, I guarantee it.

REN KOUEN
February 24, 2012, 06:18 PM
this is shocking to me, i know people who cannot wait for the next episode EVERY WEEK, filler or not, this show is STILL highly anticipated

dont get me wrong in a perfect world, all anime would be filler free, but i would rather them continue the series as is, injecting a bit of filler here or there and finish it

than wait 2-3 years until this next arc is over then release it on OVAs or back on TV with a straight run of filler free episodes

because as is we can just skip the filler anyway if we choose.....

and i totally agree that both naruto and bleach would be awesome if they came out with a "dragaon ball kai" type series in the future that was a straight canon version of the anime, i would totally buy the box set of each and wouldnt download or stream that shit

meeedoooz
February 24, 2012, 11:08 PM
this arc will sure bring the anime back in a year or something ... they manged to take a DEAD boring arc to a new level of awesomeness ... every thing is perfect the pacing, directing, animating and even the music . loved every single episode :D . but maybe that's why they reached the manga :(

i'll be waiting for my second favorite long anime to come back to the same level of awesomeness ... and looking forward to those great directors working on Naruto Shippuuden :D

The Newbie.
February 24, 2012, 11:13 PM
About damn time. The anime has bastardized the action and completely destroyed any sort of characterization or character development by making out of place fillers.

Jaiden82
February 25, 2012, 12:07 AM
Ok guys it seems that the anime isn't ending after all its just moving from TV Tokyo to TV Osaka. A friend of mine another site found this little info for me.

Well according to Shoboi Calender http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491 Episode 367 will air on April 3rd at 6:30 on TV Osaka. Just click the "view more" button to see that its definitely airing on the 3rd.

And for those who are wondering of Shoboi Calender is legit, ANN lists it in their encyclopedia bibliography and other sites uses it to stay on top of when other anime will air.

TemplateR
February 25, 2012, 08:55 AM
Ok guys it seems that the anime isn't ending after all its just moving from TV Tokyo to TV Osaka. A friend of mine another site found this little info for me.

Well according to Shoboi Calender http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491 Episode 367 will air on April 3rd at 6:30 on TV Osaka. Just click the "view more" button to see that its definitely airing on the 3rd.

And for those who are wondering of Shoboi Calender is legit, ANN lists it in their encyclopedia bibliography and other sites uses it to stay on top of when other anime will air.

Not completely ruled out, but I would expect in such a case, that the TV program guide indicates the new time slot from the beginning and also that Hiroki Takagi this clarifies.
And Not, that we must wait 2-3 weeks for an announcement of moving "Bleach" to an other time-slot or tv-station.

Skyguardian
February 25, 2012, 10:24 AM
But why end it NOW? The perfect opportunity would've been after the defeat of Aizen. Why after the transitional arc?

exacta
February 25, 2012, 02:04 PM
But how can the Lost Shinigami Arac end by March 27th? Animes catching up, but its still 20 chapters behind. Plus the above post is right, a transitional arc is a really awkward time to end the anime......also, if filler is the reason for its cancellation, how in God's name is Naruto still on TV? And One Piece is pretty close too, they just move extremely slow, you'd figure they could just do that.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=280314
This rumor has been denied, but I don't know....

TemplateR
February 25, 2012, 03:30 PM
But how can the Lost Shinigami Arac end by March 27th? Animes catching up, but its still 20 chapters behind. Plus the above post is right, a transitional arc is a really awkward time to end the anime......also, if filler is the reason for its cancellation, how in God's name is Naruto still on TV? And One Piece is pretty close too, they just move extremely slow, you'd figure they could just do that.

Well, Naruto Filler´s fits better in the world of naruto-story-canon as the Fillers of "Bleach" duing the "The Arrancar"-Saga. Also the low ratings are one of the reason for the cancellation of Bleach.

mak123
February 25, 2012, 07:42 PM
March 06, 2012 – Bleach Episode 363
The Fierce Fight! Shinigami vs XCUTION!

March 13, 2012 – Bleach Episode 364
Desperate Struggle!? Byakuya’s Troubled Memories

March 20, 2012 – Bleach Episode 365
Ichigo vs. Ginjo! The Secret of the Substitute Badge

March 27, 2012 – Bleach Episode 366
Changing History, Unchanging Heart
Episode 361 ended with chapter 460. The arc ends at 480... How can they do 20 chapters in 5 episodes?They can't make 1 episode=4 chpatres... It's impossible :|

OtakuModeEngage
February 25, 2012, 10:37 PM
Okay, so I don't quite understand what the argument is, after all, the Bleach manga is on its LAST arc, so the anime is going to end soon regardless. All this means is that the anime will end ONE arc before the manga. This can easy be remedied with a small ova series. As for throwing in another filler, we all know Bleach fillers are the biggest load of shit anime can produce, they never fit in the time line of bleach, fail to supplement themselves between the brakes in arcs, and obliterate the established rules and facts of the Bleach universe. Not to mention they destroy the characteristics of the Bleach characters by making them do uncharacteristic actions. But well, we have no control over it anyways.

Schabrak
February 26, 2012, 01:44 AM
Episode 361 ended with chapter 460. The arc ends at 480... How can they do 20 chapters in 5 episodes?They can't make 1 episode=4 chpatres... It's impossible :|
For how long have you read Bleach to come to such a conjecture? Bleach, the king of stills and as little as possible plot development[hyperbole, before someone feels offended:P] can do that easily, it could make watching an episode something worthwhile and driving for once. I'm just hinting to the weakness of long running series and their usual chapter to episode conversion.

Darjaille
February 26, 2012, 06:19 AM
I'm actually sad that it is not ending, and no, not because it would mean less work P:
I don't watch fillers anyway, even though I know Bleach fillers tend to be at least half-decent. So for me, it'd be better if they took a break and came back later, either with reboot (can you imagine that:zomg) or with super-awesome last arc. We know that Bleach anime will always be catching up to manga quickly, and I'll be tired of 2years long fillers or filler arcs in the middle of canon arc. Because that's the only way for Bleach, since it has LONG arcs and less content in each chapter than other series.

crimsonlink310
February 26, 2012, 10:23 AM
Well, Naruto Filler´s fits better in the world of naruto-story-canon as the Fillers of "Bleach" duing the "The Arrancar"-Saga. Also the low ratings are one of the reason for the cancellation of Bleach.

Yes because Naruto should be struggling to get back his headband from some civilian pirates and hanging out with his friends on their missions to get war supplies fits perfectly into Naruto canon.

Anyways the inevitable continuation or remake will probably come in the last 2 years of Bleach's final arc like HXH. I just hope its a remake with just canon material even though I personally loved most Bleach fillers.

Hollow Ichigo vs Zangetsu is still one of the best filler fights ever.

mak123
February 26, 2012, 10:53 AM
So is it ending or is it just going to a new channel?

Schabrak
February 26, 2012, 02:21 PM
Nothing definite till now, just that it lost it's airing slot on TV.

That remake talk again, honestly for what? To waste two+ years on reproducing already available content instead of directly making the best out of the final arc? One can easily skip fillers, the 1:1 adaption, not so much. DBZ was riddled more with stills than filler and HxH only had 3/5 of the current chapters done. Would people want a Reborn remake too instead of a continuation?

TemplateR
February 26, 2012, 03:01 PM
Would people want a Reborn remake too instead of a continuation?

Well, Reborn-Anime isn´t really licensed in USA and Europe, which isn´t dubbed it until now. A Reborn-Remake would be a perfect opportunity to dubbed it from the beginning and with them new Fans^^

Anyway, for a Bleach Anime-Remake, I would only remake the episodes with 4:3 aspetio ratio and cutting the filler´s out. The rest of the episodes with 16:9 aspetio ratio is good and it doesn´t really need a remake ( only cutting the fillers out ).

Skyguardian
February 26, 2012, 03:18 PM
Nothing definite till now, just that it lost it's airing slot on TV.

That remake talk again, honestly for what? To waste two+ years on reproducing already available content instead of directly making the best out of the final arc? One can easily skip fillers, the 1:1 adaption, not so much. DBZ was riddled more with stills than filler and HxH only had 3/5 of the current chapters done. Would people want a Reborn remake too instead of a continuation?

For Reborn!, a continuation would be enough because it was not that long ago.
Remember HxH was 1999. That's close to 13 years.
I don't want Bleach to end because I enjoy the anime.
Instead they could've dropped Naruto.

TemplateR
February 26, 2012, 04:05 PM
Why remake, the quality of the real arcs is good, just release a second version with all fillers cut and you have a master piece.

With the mixture of 4:3 episodes and 16:9 episodes in the current "HD-World" ? Are you sure about your statement ?

Schabrak
February 26, 2012, 05:07 PM
For Reborn!, a continuation would be enough because it was not that long ago.
Remember HxH was 1999. That's close to 13 years.
I don't want Bleach to end because I enjoy the anime.
Instead they could've dropped Naruto.
Or end both. :P These statements will allways looks biased based on the sub-forum[Naruto, Bleach, OP, whatever].

It ended in '04, feels like it happened yesterday. haha Is being a dozen years old now a legitimate reason for a remake? Imo that's a shitty trend from the west and it's enough with HxH and DB Kai already. I will always state that a remake of anime is a waste, 'cause it takes away the chance for another adaption or original anime to shine.

Guys, why are you arguing about fillers in here? oO Yeath the intention to stop them or they themself may be a reason for the cancellation, but if they have good placement within the arcs, not so much.

mak123
February 27, 2012, 06:32 AM
Remakes should be done just for series like FMA, soul eater and the other monthly mangas that have a sh**ty anime :) BTW i doubt that they are dropping bleach... Fillers are always welcome in japan.

3c
February 27, 2012, 10:38 AM
Please take in mind that this is a thread about Bleach's anime ending (or not). Not a detailed discussion whether the plot in fillers are good or bad, or discussion about the filler arcs.

I can understand the arguments arguing for the positive side of Bleach's anime ending, but quite frankly they don't outweigh the negative sides that would affect the Bleach franchise, not to mention the manga specifically. An anime is directly tied to a series' exposure in Japan (and internationally), and thus its popularity. If the anime would end (which it's not), it would severely hurt Bleach's popularity even further. There's a reason why every series wants an anime adaption, because it functions as a safety net. It's a superb way of advertising the series and broadening its exposure, thus increasing the population's interest in the series. It's a win-win situation both for Shueisha and the respective anime studio. An anime attracts new viewers, many of whom later buy the manga as well, as well as opens up the possibility for heavy TV advertisement and further franchise development. When the anime makes the manga more popular, the manga in turn also attracts more viewers for the anime and thus makes it more popular. Having an anime basically equals "having made it" for a mangaka, as in the series having successfully taken roots and established its position in the market.

While Kubo has been established for years and the anime has been a long running one, ending it would be highly counterproductive both for the studio and manga, and would be bad business. It would quite frankly be a stupid move from a business point of view. Both the manga and anime would lose fans, the manga would make less money by being less popular, and the anime (if it returns later) would be starting on a level below its current level as it would have to build up to its previous popularity and position (although not from zero like new anime have to). Not to mention that fillers are usually (which applies to Naruto too) more popular in Japan than the actual canon episodes, so making fillers is actually a smart move from a business standpoint.

I agree... they stopped Naruto, took a break, and came back on with Naruto Shipuden. Why not come back with Bleach 2 after an extended brake?

I guess you missed out on the two years worth of fillers between Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. That's what Bleach should do to maintain a good business and at the same time increase the gap between the anime and manga more significantly.

Newkerzy
February 27, 2012, 11:14 AM
But the problem is, the overall quality of the series. Should they sacrifice quality over profits?? granted, the Japanese audience don't care that much about the quality, but are you sure that having two years worth of fillers (like Naruto) for Bleach is a good idea?? fillers may be fine and all for the Japanese, but if it drags out, it will eventually tank the ratings in Japan too, wouldn't it??

So, IMO instead of using two years worth of fillers, (which will eventually hurt the series rather than help it) taking a hiatus would be a good idea wouldn't it??

TemplateR
February 27, 2012, 11:21 AM
So, IMO instead of using two years worth of fillers, (which will eventually hurt the series rather than help it) taking a hiatus would be a good idea wouldn't it??

Well, the problem is that "Bleach" will be never get return after a long hiatus like "Hitman Reborn" does ( last Episode was in 2010 !!!! ).

Either ending the anime-series until the manga is done or 1-2 year shitty long filler.

hoeru
February 27, 2012, 09:13 PM
First, Kubo introduces the current manga arc as the final one, and now is the TV show cancelled/on hiatus ... Even though Bleach as manga will likely stay for years, I feel for Bleach fans, can't imagine if that happened to OP. I don't even want to speculate on why Bleach is stopped on TV - but I really really hope it's because they're as tired of filler arcs as I was when I stopped watching the show on Episode 229, and not because of the bad Jump rankings.

I thought of jumping in the comparison discussion, but typing this I'm overwriting it. Just don't open Pandora's Box of Flamewars. Just on a side note: Comparing a show from Toei with a show from Pierrot is like comparing a ghibli movie to one from gainax. Toei uses less visual effects, Pierrot more - so be it.

Darjaille
February 28, 2012, 05:36 AM
Please stay on topic, in-depth discussion about filler arcs till now can be done somewhere else o/

TemplateR
February 28, 2012, 06:58 AM
I have found something, but I don´t know if this about "Bleach". Can anyone translated it for us ?

http://pierrot.jp/jump/jump.gif

Source: http://pierrot.jp/jump/j00-03.html

Jammin
February 28, 2012, 05:44 PM
Wow, this is really surprising. Is there word out whether this is just until Kubo finishes out the series or is Pierrot hanging it up for good?

Either way it's especially odd considering that the Beelzebub anime is ending so close to the same time(they were both done by Studio Pierrot). That is a lot of big cancellations for one studio in a short time.

I've never been a huge fan of Studio Pierrot's work, but of all their projects I always thought Bleach was the one they did the best job with. It seems like that was where the best animation talent went and sometimes they even did a pretty good job. The filler arcs were bad, but filler arcs are almost always bad.

I suppose it would be too much to hope that Studio Pierrot would somehow lose the rights, so the anime could be finished in a year or so by a better studio. One arc of Bleach done by Bones would be so good. I mean, they made Soul Eater look like the best battle manga ever written and if you give them some of Kubo's fights it would be pure magic.

daman246
February 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
its gonna be cancel for various reasons.
1st Anime and manga are way to close to each other
2nd manga is on its last arc and producers dont want fillers to get in the way of the awesomeness
3rd Fillers are so damm trashy they decided to waited till the manga was at least 1-2years away from its animation counterpart

Bleach will return in 2-3years after the manga is on its last year
Trust me.
Theres no way they will cancel a Anime that makes this much money

Schabrak
February 28, 2012, 10:31 PM
That's what people thought about Reborn too, but we will likely never see it again aside from an OVA or so.

As someone mentioend before. It's more of an advertizment than anything else, I doubt DVD sales, if there are any, make that much money. And it's not like they had any scruples in the past with both Naruto and Bleach fillers, Pierot "King of Fillers". XD

NinjaStar
February 29, 2012, 01:19 AM
The anime shouldn't be canceled because of fillers, thats ludicrous. The filler arcs have been doing exactly what they supposed to be doing; keeping the anime from catching up to the manga. It is also amazingly entertaining. I don't see how naruto wouldn't get canceled for their filler(not that i want it to) considering they literally make up powers, personalty traits, and whole back stories for characters. Not to mention that the animation quality drops as well as the content. Bleach deserves some sort of prize for their anime. Its EPIC.

Jammin
February 29, 2012, 12:15 PM
Well I think there is another factor besides fillers that can diminish quality, and by extension DVD sales, and that is pacing.

The first part of Naruto for example averaged 2-3 chapters per episode. So that was 38-57 pages of script per episode. Naruto Shippuden cut that down to 1-2 per episode(only 19-38 pages of script) which caused Shippuden to drag considerably more. As I haven't watched Bleach recently I can't accurately say what their pacing was like but in the past it was fairly slow. Which leads to not-so-great stuff like the infamous...

http://youtu.be/K8v3Voeyd9I
And people wonder why so many have come to hate Orihime....

Of all the animation studio's Pierrot seems like the worst offender when it comes to that stuff. They try to patch it with filler, repeatedly loop combat animations, or drag out scenes where everybody is standing around to absurd lengths; but all of that stuff comes at the price of cutting into the overall quality of the series and makes less and less appealing as a DVD purchase.

OtakuModeEngage
February 29, 2012, 01:53 PM
The anime shouldn't be canceled because of fillers, thats ludicrous. The filler arcs have been doing exactly what they supposed to be doing; keeping the anime from catching up to the manga. It is also amazingly entertaining. I don't see how naruto wouldn't get canceled for their filler(not that i want it to) considering they literally make up powers, personalty traits, and whole back stories for characters. Not to mention that the animation quality drops as well as the content. Bleach deserves some sort of prize for their anime. Its EPIC.

I'm not saying Bleach should get canceled due to their fillers, and I highly doubt that's the reason. What I said is its better to give the anime a hiatus and let the manga develop, and then return when there is enough room to animate pure manga. That would be much better than throwing in fillers every ten to twenty episodes like they are now, thereby splitting up the anime.

Well I think there is another factor besides fillers that can diminish quality, and by extension DVD sales, and that is pacing.

The first part of Naruto for example averaged 2-3 chapters per episode. So that was 38-57 pages of script per episode. Naruto Shippuden cut that down to 1-2 per episode(only 19-38 pages of script) which caused Shippuden to drag considerably more. As I haven't watched Bleach recently I can't accurately say what their pacing was like but in the past it was fairly slow. Which leads to not-so-great stuff like the infamous...

http://youtu.be/K8v3Voeyd9I
And people wonder why so many have come to hate Orihime....

Of all the animation studio's Pierrot seems like the worst offender when it comes to that stuff. They try to patch it with filler, repeatedly loop combat animations, or drag out scenes where everybody is standing around to absurd lengths; but all of that stuff comes at the price of cutting into the overall quality of the series and makes less and less appealing as a DVD purchase.

Lol, that video was hilarious, but she only says Kurisaki-kun like seven times whereas the video mocking it last over 4 minutes and is therefore even more annoying. To some extent I understand why she was chanting his name, she was going into shock, but I agree it did not need to be extended that long. The Arrancar holding Ichigo's head would have crushed his scull by the time he reached down to break his arms, defiantly a classic case of over extension. But once again, if we pace the anime quickly, it won't be long before it quickly overtakes the manga, and we'll be stuck with fillers either way. After all, a extension to a scene is a low grade filler, but at least it keeps the story flowing, albeit, slow at times.

Jammin
February 29, 2012, 03:10 PM
@OtakuModeEngage
That video is spoofing it but I more meant the way the animators general tendency to use "Kurosaki-kun" to buy time in more than just that scene. Seven times in one scene is not as unusual as I wish it was. She does it to the point where it got to be like 50% of that character's dialogue. That voice actress must just roll her eyes when she gets her script.

Granted it is a balancing act, if you pace an anime quickly it's true it will overtake the manga but fillers aren't the only way of handling that. Sunrise for example went on temporary hiatus' for Gintama, which is in my opinion the best of the jump series to anime adaptations, when it caught up to it's manga.

I mean, wouldn't you rather have 24 great episodes of Bleach or Naruto a year than 52 mediocre ones?

And if they condensed the scripts stuff like the "Kurosaki-kun" thing wouldn't happen. Nor would those awkward fluff parts Pierrot animators have a habit of adding into fights.

http://youtu.be/CJd5WUCzREI
I should add that this is the Pierrot's Naruto animation team, obviously. The Bleach animation team, while they do add bits, to my knowledge has never done anything nearly this awful.

Schabrak
February 29, 2012, 06:44 PM
I love that kind of animation, it breaths life into the usual animation. Some of the best scenes of animations have a similar style to that Imo. Or are you just disappointed, because you are not familiar with this? A bit of exegeration wouldn't hurt for a lot of long running series.

OtakuModeEngage
February 29, 2012, 09:21 PM
Still, I can't help but to agree that a hiatus would raise the quality upon return.

Zeltrax
March 02, 2012, 08:18 PM
I personally think that ending it on march 27 would be better.
Simply because then we won't have pointless filler to milk the series and really, bleach is very close to the manga. Even when we get back to canon, be sure that we're gonna take a "break" and go to filler, just like arrancar arc, but this time might even be worse considering how kubo love his big panels.
Thing is bleach isn't made for one chapter to one episode pace and even three chapters to one episode can feel like a drag sometimes.
So it would be better for it to end now and then 4 to 5 years later
start up a new series, one that covers the final chapter of bleach.
In great animation and great pacing.

I don't get why people say that this arc isn't the right arc to end bleach. I know aizen arc might be a better place but this arc is too, since at the end of this arc, ichigo is back to being a sub-shinigami again and the series could end with him being "the protector of karahura town" forever, living in peace and fighting hollows infinitely like a superhero :p

Miyagi
March 03, 2012, 07:07 PM
I'm closing the thread for the time being since it still goes off-topic.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Ok, I moved all the off-topic posts. If you want to discuss Bleach fillers, please do so in this thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/33782-Bleach-Fillers-Killing-the-Story).

crimsonlink310
March 04, 2012, 11:26 PM
I just thought of the perfect solution. A repeat&reboot for the Bleach anime. Start all the way from episode 1 stating in April and skipping all the fillers. Add in some upscaling and fixing animation problems and we have our Bleach fix for about 5 years.

Fillers total is like 110 episodes or something. Plot is about 250 episodes. So thats about 4 years of distance between the manga and anime if they repeat&reboot the manga.

Also a lot of people would be more happy about the anime since many have complained about the fillers breaking into the middle of arcs.

Schabrak
March 05, 2012, 12:35 PM
And now that they have been released, there is no reason to remake them, when we can just chose to watch the "canon" episodes. DBZ was old, HxH was hardly finished by the time they got to the OVA. There is no or not much money for them to gain from the work they would have to invest, nor would it make it the anime much better aside from filtering out the fillers. With the way the last episodes are adapted, such a version could easily end within 3 to 3 1/2 years tough.

Don't know why the second part of Zeltrax's post was kept here, so it would be nice if a mod could move it to the other thread linked to by Miyagi. Thanks.

TemplateR
March 10, 2012, 08:10 AM
I have found some of the tweet replies by Animation director Hiroki Takagi, who agreed to schedule scan before.

Q:It is true that Bleach is going to finish in March forever??
Re: (https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/174748782204956672)bleach will be ended in March. I do not know whether bleach's end forever.

Q:out of curiosity this is because the rating of the anime on TV?
Re: (https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/174761553785135104)I do not know.

Re: (https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/175463563295596544)To foreign bleach fan. I am not obligated to reply to the question of a bleach. You should make the question into TV Tokyo or pierrot.

Q:Would you mind telling me if Bleach will continue broadcasting on other television networks than TV Tokyo?
Re: (https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/176546153813385216)Bleach will not continue broadcasting on other television networks.

Q:I'm sorry to ask, but is the Bleach anime ending to save money for animating the Final Arc later? It can't just end like that!
Re: (https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/176574153950887936)I do not know.

Q:Thank you for your answer. But at least, do you know the reason why it was cancelled? We fans do not know anything over here.
Re: (https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/176583483379027969)Sorry,You should make the question into TV Tokyo or pierrot.

Qh well thanks for the reply!! I hope for the best of Bleach!
Re:I hope too.

danzouismadara
March 11, 2012, 03:15 AM
I heard they are just switching it to a different channel and time

TemplateR
March 11, 2012, 05:08 AM
I heard they are just switching it to a different channel and time

No switching to a different channel and time, it´s a real cancellation.

Anyway, I have founde one pic:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0n9yutHcF1r8fnauo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1331487637&Signature=MV0RdNW14OIH0nALPjgWXbv9FXI%3D

Here are some summaries from an another posting:

- Episode 364 is about Byakuya vs. Tsukishima
- Episode 365 is about Ichigo & Ishida vs. Ginjou
- Episode 366 is about Ichigo’s new bankai going up against Ginjou’s hollow powers
- Next to 366’s episode title it also says "Last Episode".

EnvyOS
March 13, 2012, 03:39 AM
They'll probably take a year or so off. Until the new arc is finished.

mak123
March 13, 2012, 12:53 PM
What a pity... The arc is well done in the anime :(

TemplateR
March 13, 2012, 01:05 PM
They'll probably take a year or so off. Until the new arc is finished.

The current new manga arc will be more longer as the arrancar arc

Schabrak
March 13, 2012, 07:00 PM
What a pity... The arc is well done in the anime :(
Because it's done so well, using many chapters for a single episode, we should be happy about it ending for now, amassing lot's of content to make good filler-less episodes again.

espadaboyzz
March 14, 2012, 01:32 AM
So, it's confirm the anime will be cancelled? Wow, i cant imagine how to deal week after week without bleach anime because the feeling is different than reading manga for me. I prefer to see animated version of manga because i can hear the voice, song etc. I hope Naruto anime will save my boring after this... :)

exacta
March 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
If they ended up rebooting Bleach I would be so pissed.............why redo 250 episodes? Hell no, I wouldn't watch 250 episodes of the same stuff.....plus the Bleach anime always delivered on canon stuff. I would prefer they just start with the Quincy arc if they go back to Bleach, especially since its going to be such a long arc. I also hope that if this does happen they keep the soundtrack instead of discarding it like in Shippuden(the fact that they bring it back for their stupid flashback fillers is honestly just a slap to the face if anything lol). Bleach's soundtrack is freaking amazing.....

kazeofsilence
March 14, 2012, 05:08 PM
The anime isn't ending. It is just changing to a new channel and airing half an hour later.

Skyguardian
March 14, 2012, 05:37 PM
The anime isn't ending. It is just changing to a new channel and airing half an hour later.

It's NOT.
Please read the Thread...

TemplateR
March 14, 2012, 06:10 PM

as Skyguardian said, the Anime is going to end. It not changing to a new channel or airing-time >.>

espadaboyzz
March 15, 2012, 04:35 AM
as Skyguardian said, the Anime is going to end. It not changing to a new channel or airing-time >.>

So, it will be forever cancelled or will be back for final arc soon? It's like a bad dream Bleach anime will end so sudden :(

TemplateR
March 15, 2012, 05:46 AM
So, it will be forever cancelled or will be back for final arc soon? It's like a bad dream Bleach anime will end so sudden :(

We don´t know, also the animation director of Bleach-Anime doesn´t know. We must wair until Studio Pierrot give us an answer.

NinjaStar
March 16, 2012, 01:35 PM
Honestly the Anime was one of the reasons that i coming back to bleach when week after boring week horrible chapters were released. Kubo better start putting out works of gold otherwise this is gonna be a serious blow to his franchise...

TemplateR
March 16, 2012, 05:04 PM
WebNewtype: "Bleach" TV Series Ends at Episode 366

The online edition of Newtype Magazine, WebNewtype has just updated their online TV listings, confirming what has been previously reported but never confirmed: The TV series known as Bleach is ending at episode 366. The online listing lists episode 366 as "Final Episode":

365話 一護VS銀城! 代行証の秘密 (3/20)

最終話 変わりゆく歴史、変わらぬ心 (3/27)

While the show may get a rebranding and restart in the future after the manga has gotten further ahead, like Naruto Shippuden, the listing indicates this will indeed be the end of this series. WebNewtype usually does not mark series which are known to have split seasons, or are going on a known hiatus, as having final episodes between seasons.

How long do you guys think it will stay off the air? Will it come back in other forms such as movies?

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/03/16/webnewtype-bleach-tv-series-ends-at-episode-366

Now it is confirmed, that the Anime is going to end. So I hope the people, wo saying the Bleach Anime is moving to another channel or moving to other timeslot, doesn´t continue that !!!

Miyagi
March 16, 2012, 05:43 PM
Well, it's sad to see Bleach go but I guess it can't be helped. The anime is very close to the manga and there has to be at least two long seasons of fillers to open up the distance. It's kinda hard to find filler material which will fill in this time frame and not be too repetitive. I have no doubt that Bleach will be back once we're halfway through the final arc, the studio will certainly not ignore successful anime material in the long run.

Crude
March 16, 2012, 05:49 PM
Well this is a surprise. I was hesitant to think that the anime was actually ending, I just thought that it was changing its time slot. I'm a little sad seeing as I thought that the Bleach anime was the better version of the story. The manga may be better in the art department, but at least the anime has better pacing (as well as backgrounds lol). I hope the anime will come back one day like Inuyasha's did.

vizardichigo
March 19, 2012, 09:45 PM
This sucks pretty hard. Bleach is by far the best anime out there now and probably the best anime i have ever seen IMO anyway....It was always well paced, consistent, good music, good animation quality, great fights, good fillers etc etc..But i guess i understand...Even i would be fedup if they do a filler arc every 20 episodes...I just hope it comes back..Sigh

SHINOBI-03
March 20, 2012, 02:23 AM
I just thought of the perfect solution. A repeat&reboot for the Bleach anime. Start all the way from episode 1 stating in April and skipping all the fillers. Add in some upscaling and fixing animation problems and we have our Bleach fix for about 5 years.

And it shall be called Bleach: BanKAI. :derp

Sorry, they tried that with Dragon Ball Z and it didn't work as greatly as they thought it would.

sarutobi_sensei
March 20, 2012, 06:32 AM
I'm a little shocked that the anime will be ending now. They will probably continue it later in about 1/2 years or something. Just to give enough time for the manga to get ahead.

Though the animation was amazing these last couple episodes. The next one should be too.

I wouldn't mind fillers, but what could they do really? What could they put between the finish of the Representative Shinigami arc and the new arc? Nothing. Unless they decided to do school life arc or something and that would be ridiculous and would spend money that needs to be saved.

So, while sad, I'll faithfully wait for its return in the future.

Darjaille
March 20, 2012, 06:36 AM
I think reboot is a good idea. Having new manga chapters every week, and refreshing your memory in anime. I don't know if that's planned for bleach tho. It seems more like no than yes, I think there are anime that need reboot more (I guess Pierrot in Naruto is better adept, but that won't happen now, maybe some years after the manga's finished).
In any case, it'll come back.

sarutobi_sensei
March 20, 2012, 07:02 AM
I'm getting that people want a reboot of the anime, but, imo that will only happen years after the series is completely over. It's like DBZ and DBK. It took almost 20 years to make another series and even that one wasn't finished correctly. I'm guessing they'll do a continuation of DBK next year or the following.

But with Bleach? I dunno how many would react. Plus the anime and manga don't differ that much in terms of content... ok well there are some differences, but none so far off from the manga that deserves a new anime.

espadaboyzz
March 20, 2012, 07:34 AM
I hope Bleach Anime is temporarily break and come out with final arc soon. I want to hear/see my favorite character voices and animated action from them especially Captain Unohana in Bankai mode. It so frustrated rite now to handle every week without Bleach anime, perhaps manga will save the day. :)

Darjaille
March 20, 2012, 07:36 AM
I hope Bleach Anime is temporarily break and come out with final arc soon. I want to hear/see my favorite character voices and animated action from them especially Captain Unohana in Bankai mode. It so frustrated rite now to handle every week without Bleach anime, perhaps manga will save the day. :)

Don't forget the pace of Bleach. We'll have ~1-2 years long break IMO, but when the anime starts again, I don't think you'll have to wait longer to see the things you want to see animated than you'd if there were just fillers in between. They'll catch up and it won't take that long.

MyuuMyuu
March 21, 2012, 04:36 AM
They should have stopped the bleach anime when ichigo became hum
an. Then wait until the manga is finished, and make a part two.. sigh. I don't believe they will remake the bleach anime, its too long for that, but I hope they will do a final arc of bleach like they did with inuyasha..

But in the end, this might just be the end of bleach anime.. no one can say for sure if they'll ever continue it...

kkck
March 30, 2012, 02:56 PM
So why was the anime ultimately cancelled? Was it a ratings thing or was it something else? Or was it to avoid making yet another filler arc? Anyways, according to kubo he had about a decade worth of more bleach after the timeskip, if the anime had to keep going they would have been forced to make fillers pretty much every year at least and there would be basically be no continuity.

matzik1212
April 01, 2012, 08:57 AM
Wow i'm shocked :blink . I heard a rumor saying the anime will be stopped but i just hoped it won't be the case . I mean IMO it's stupid to stop it now when the manga is in its final arc . I'm guessing that after the manga progresses more or is about to be finished they will continue with the anime . Please let it be that way :crying

BASED Shinigami
April 09, 2012, 11:07 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to find more anime to watch every week :( this totally blows, but I don't think it's over yet.

p.s: I love DB Kai I hope they finish it sometime soon.

joshua019
April 30, 2012, 06:57 AM
final episode 366, so 303 too late!!

Schabrak
April 30, 2012, 11:24 AM
final episode 366, so 303 too late!!
Nice argumentation there. :/ You didn't have to watch it past the SS arc or even start the filler arcs.

Mayumura
May 09, 2012, 06:52 AM
So why was the anime ultimately cancelled? Was it a ratings thing or was it something else? Or was it to avoid making yet another filler arc? Anyways, according to kubo he had about a decade worth of more bleach after the timeskip, if the anime had to keep going they would have been forced to make fillers pretty much every year at least and there would be basically be no continuity.

Anime cancelled because they got not content in general. Filler arcs had bad ratings and nobody buy dvd with it.

Darjaille
May 09, 2012, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure "fillers got bad ratings" and "nobody bought DVDs" as fillers are (almost) more popular than canon anime parts (Japaneses :cookiehand). I think it's more of how slow Bleach is, it probably isn't very easy to make up a filler arc every few months. A while longer and we would start getting fillers about Ichigo traveling to moon, it's not easy to come up with a filler arc that will be at least a little bit real, interesting and won't clash with manga facts.

exacta
May 09, 2012, 10:24 AM
I'm getting that people want a reboot of the anime, but, imo that will only happen years after the series is completely over. It's like DBZ and DBK. It took almost 20 years to make another series and even that one wasn't finished correctly. I'm guessing they'll do a continuation of DBK next year or the following.

But with Bleach? I dunno how many would react. Plus the anime and manga don't differ that much in terms of content... ok well there are some differences, but none so far off from the manga that deserves a new anime.

Oh hell no......not a reboot. Bleach has been going on for waaaaaaaaay too long for a reboot when it hasn't even finished. It's not like Hunter X Hunter, which only went like 50-60 episodes(many of which were drawn out or had filler) then switched to OVAs for a bit and then got canceled only to reboot this year.....I really don't want to rewatch 479 chapters worth of content already seen when there's going to be a ton of new content that's going to kickass. Especially since they did such an amazing job on all the canon material for the most part, not to mention the voice actors voiced it for over 300 episodes, wouldn't want to watch the whole series over again with different voice acting.

The new arc is already amazing IMO. Best new arc that I'm currently reading. Who the hell would want to wait a few years so Bleach could restart from the beginning? Anyone who want's Bleach to reboot is out of their freaking mind lol.

Zeltrax
May 11, 2012, 12:17 AM
Not really. Given how kubo was drawing his chapters during the entire arrancar saga, the anime could finish
rebooting bleach in less than 100 episodes. No, I'm serious.
It's just the question of whether it is worth it or not, db kai was because it's..dragon ball and HxH because it was really old and the fanbase is huge.
Bleach would get a reboot if studio pierrot or another studio thinks its worth the investment but seeing how Bleach sales are falling, I don't think we'll see one anytime soon or at all.

So I'm more in the favor of a new OVA/series, more likely a short final series to end it. They have to do it seeing how much money Bleach can bring them
and why not?
Just..give it a few years, say maybe when this current arc reaches it's climax.