PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 273 Discussion / 274 Predictions

3c
February 24, 2012, 09:16 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

sarutobi_sensei
March 02, 2012, 07:54 AM
Haha Natsu is becoming a big pervert xD

Oh lol, Orga was from Sabertooth... Didn't think of that...

Laxus has found yet another one to fight I believe :D

Jura vs Jellal? This is going to be awesome!

Next chapter will be crucial, at least, going by the title.

Skyguardian
March 02, 2012, 08:05 AM
Natsu was brilliant. XD Well at least we could see what he couldn't. :teehee

The fight was... short... very... short... But yeah I guess he'll fight Laxus sooner or later.

Jura vs. Gerard... That's going to be awesome for sure.
He will me a member of Fairy tail at the end of this arc... I bet on it...

Mrlazsa
March 02, 2012, 08:10 AM
black lightning...sure remindes me of god slayer magic. maybe there's a chance sabertooth uses lost magic

MONKEYS
March 02, 2012, 08:35 AM
Oh yeah! what a chapter. Everything was overshadowed by Jellal, even the namesake of the chapter (Orga). I just hope that this doesn't end in a draw, that would be the second worst thing to happen, apart from Jellal losing, but I really don't think that's going to happen.

Hopefully he'll pull off some last minute win, and inspire fairy tail.

I see potential for a truly epic battle here, one to (literally) shake up the stadium, and (not literally) the competition.

black lightning...sure remindes me of god slayer magic. maybe there's a chance sabertooth uses lost magic

Yeah, hopefully they'll go into more detail about the powers of the ST members, and maybe even details of the god slayer magic.

Or frankly, how one even learns Slayer magic (Dragon or God)

EDIT: I labelled this chapter as good because epic is reserved for the truly great chapters (hopefully the next few)

ocajavati
March 02, 2012, 08:44 AM
A match between two of the Ten Wizard Saints.

Shouldn't this be causing a cataclysm? :zomg

Darjaille
March 02, 2012, 08:50 AM
Natsu :teehee

And OMG YES Jellal's going to fight :blai:blai:blai

I'm totally hyped for the next chapter :zomg

I've also thought that his Black Lightning could be a Lightning form of God Slaying Magic.
I wasn't sure that Gajeel would fight one of those two DS, but yeah seems so.

ScottH87
March 02, 2012, 08:55 AM
There was nothing bad about this chapter, however there was nothing outstanding about it either.

It was good that he raced through the "lesser" matches. He showed us some of the other contestants magic and didnt take too long.

I had my money on this chapter being Ogra vs Laxus, but I guess that will come later, if it comes at all. I'm really starting to think that theres nothing evil about Sabretooth, and they'll end up helping Fairy Tail by the end of this arc.

Calling it now, Jellal will win his match, Somehow. Fairy Tail can't loose all there matches and I can't see Raven Tail interfering in a match that they have no stake in. They want to humiliate Fairy Tail, but they don't want anyone else too in the prosess.

wooticus
March 02, 2012, 09:41 AM
There was nothing bad about this chapter, however there was nothing outstanding about it either.

It was good that he raced through the "lesser" matches. He showed us some of the other contestants magic and didnt take too long.

I had my money on this chapter being Ogra vs Laxus, but I guess that will come later, if it comes at all. I'm really starting to think that theres nothing evil about Sabretooth, and they'll end up helping Fairy Tail by the end of this arc.

Calling it now, Jellal will win his match, Somehow. Fairy Tail can't loose all there matches and I can't see Raven Tail interfering in a match that they have no stake in. They want to humiliate Fairy Tail, but they don't want anyone else too in the prosess.

or it will be natsu vs orga and he will also eat the black lightning, calling back the black flames he ate from the other god slaying guy and turns 4x super dragon black&white lightning fire dragon slayer....

just kidding.

I really look forward to the next match. This match should be awesome and nobody should really lose this hard. I think Gellal will indeed win and this will make those other guys question whether he is truely mystogan.. because he might be on a too high lvl.
But i'm most curious about the way he will fight. I don't think he will user meteor magic. That would make him being gellal a bit.. obvious. There have to be people remembering his magic. But he can't really use mystogans magic either. We'll see. He had nearly 7 years to come up with something

Ifrit
March 02, 2012, 09:57 AM
Really Mashima Jellal Vs Jura...ok ..mmm... THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Who-ever wins. This match is going to be one of the best fights in Fairy Tail. I wonder what type of magic Gerard will use. I can't stop thinking if it was the real Mystogan in this fight how cool would it be to see his Magic.

On the other hand. Laxus beat that Sabertooth guy. There is no such thing as Black lightning ...Fairy Law his ass and get it over with.

I can't wait to vote Epic for next chapter so I voted for this one Epic :super

REN KOUEN
March 02, 2012, 10:02 AM
im hoping jellal's identity could be exposed coming up....he is still a fugitive afterall, and it would make for an interesting plot twist

i wonder if whoever that arcadias guy is working with and or zeref are drawing power from these matches or accumulating it somehow....

hossice
March 02, 2012, 11:00 AM
I just want to see Mira fight again seriously. I wonder who she'd be paired up to fight (if she fights)?

kkck
March 02, 2012, 11:01 AM
Very nice chapter, a lot going on now.

I did not quite expect sherry to be about to marry anyone lol. I actually was hoping for some friction between her and jubia, kinda like jubia getting a bit of her own medicine. Weird stuff lol.

The chapter actually made me want to see what ichiya is really capable off. He has received that level of praise from the first time he appeared however it is also true he keeps getting the fodder treatment. The one moment when we saw him doing something worthwhile was when he used his perfume to become muscular but other than that his magic has been mostly unseen. Maybe there is actually a chance that when really serious (strangely, more so than against oracion 6) he is actually full of win and whatever made rambo kick ass and avoid bullets headed straight for him. I guess his true capacity is actually something to look forward too.

I can't help but feel the rabbit guy is someone we do know though, I just don't know who. I wonder if there is a previous character or enemy that would actually make sense as a member of lamia scale. I guess it could be one of the tower of paradise guys or it could actually be some former enemy in disguise. Someone from grimmoire heart is unlikely to say the least, urtear would be weird (although technically possible). Erigor perhaps?

Ok, who else saw black lightning and just thought "thunder god slayer"? I think it makes perfect sense and it would add to laxus's sheer awesomeness when he defeats him. Perhaps he even heard of natsu's little feat of eating the god slayer flames to create a higher flame and laxus will end up resorting to a similar trick.

Thinking about it, there is something kinda weird about saber tooth. The DS guys obviously have lost magic. Orga seems to have thunder god slaying magic and the other guy's magic is strangely similar to rustyrose's imagination magic (except that he is using memory magic). Either mashima is ripping off his own previous characters or there is something going on with saber tooth. Dragon lachrima is supposed to be hard to get, let alone real DSs, perhaps they are the ones behind the magical presence gerard felt before.

As for Gerard, it is interesting to see him so fired up. Its as if he has always been a member of the guild. He did have 7 years to train, was a holy mage and should have gotten urtears magic boost, I don't think he should lose this battle given the circumstances. In terms of sheer amount of magic he should have the advantage.

Mrlazsa
March 02, 2012, 12:00 PM
Thinking about it, there is something kinda weird about saber tooth. The DS guys obviously have lost magic. Orga seems to have thunder god slaying magic and the other guy's magic is strangely similar to rustyrose's imagination magic (except that he is using memory magic). Either mashima is ripping off his own previous characters or there is something going on with saber tooth. Dragon lachrima is supposed to be hard to get, let alone real DSs, perhaps they are the ones behind the magical presence gerard felt before.

mashima is not a genius with characters, sometimes he gets too repetivie (think of how similar rave's characters are to fairy tail's characters)...anyway maybe sabertooth was able to come to lost magic like hades did, it is too soon to tell, we know nothing about this guild

REN KOUEN
March 02, 2012, 12:12 PM
mashima is not a genius with characters, sometimes he gets too repetivie (think of how similar rave's characters are to fairy tail's characters)...anyway maybe sabertooth was able to come to lost magic like hades did, it is too soon to tell, we know nothing about this guild

also in some longer manga series like this one looks to be shaping up to be, you see the repetitive similarities between some villains

i agree though it seems that sabertooth, much like grimore heart , is using a bunch of lost magic, and i wouldnt be surprised one bit if sabertooth was also related to the whole zeref thing

Mrlazsa
March 02, 2012, 12:17 PM
they are related for sure...i mean before tenrou island who ever heard of sabertooth??then zeref comes back back and suddenly...best guild in fiore! something stinks

Kurohitsugi
March 02, 2012, 01:18 PM
I also hope that this Orga is a Thunder God Slayer wizard because this is giving a feeling of continuity besides the obvious awesomeness of the magic.

Jellal vs Jura. It's gonna be a great battle. Jellal can't use his meteor magic though, that could betray his true identity. If I had to bet in this match I would choose the draw. It's the most fair result, the perfect balance, both fighters keep their coolness and both Fairy Tail B and Lamia keep themselves relatively close to the top spots.

matzik1212
March 02, 2012, 01:19 PM
Nice chapter!
But still i can't believe no other giuld sensed that RT cheated :blink This totally is a let down IMO .
Now about the matches from this chapter . I liked them especially Orga's battle and yeah here it is an opponent worthy of Laxus :cheez
I think in the end it will be a fight between the 2 of them just like Natsu and Zancrow's battle where it was fire vs. black fire . Now it will be Laxus who uses lightning magic and Orga who uses black lightning magic . I can't wait to see them clash :XD

About the battle between Jellal and Jura , hmm i'll personally go with Jellal of course :D I mean i trust in Jellal's powers and seeing how much he wishes to repay his mistakes towards FT makes me trust in his victory. :^_^ . Though i wonder what the name of the next chapter could refer to ;) ...bad omen , i hope Jellal won't have to retreat or something 'cause that would suck and besides i had enough with Lucy losing like that :-_-

Mashiro_Luna
March 02, 2012, 01:48 PM
Pretty good chapter, am I the only one who hopes Orga isn't a thunder god slayer? Really want to see more powerful mages that don't use Lost Magic. Anyway wish the fights were a little longer since it seems that the contestants only play one game and fight once so we may not see too much more of their magic. Curious as to what War Cry's tear magic was suppose to do too.

Also glad that Sherry and Ren got together, alays thought they were a cute couple. Again wish we had seen more of their magic but what are you going to do. Can't wait to see Ichiya at his full strength since always thought he could kick ass if he was serious.

Gerard vs Jura should be epic though I wish it was the real Mystogan. Jura was always interesting to me so glad we get to see him against someone that can kick ass too.

Gats
March 02, 2012, 02:03 PM
Good chapter, of course the build up for the next chapter is the highlight of this chapter.

Oh man, I hope Raven Tail won't mess around with this match.

liductan
March 02, 2012, 03:29 PM
Nice, chapter.. I'm excited, I wonder who win! Of course I want jellal to win, but he can't show all his powers...
This match should either be draw or victory for jellal...

kkck
March 02, 2012, 04:31 PM

Well, using similarly designed characters through manga is not that an unusual practice to say the least. Actually, most manga artists do so over and over again. In turn, it is rather weird that characters in the same manga have such similarities for no reason (think of rumiko takahashi, kubo, oda, togashi and so on....). I don't even think mashima is bad at making characters.

Ifrit
March 02, 2012, 04:35 PM
I don't think it will be a Draw. I think Jellal will win. I remember Jura referring to him self to be last rank in the top 10 if it comes to ranking about wizard saints title. The problem is Jellal can't show his face, and with this kind of battle he can't protect hims self from getting a hit. We seen Jura fights and we know for sure he's gonna lay some hits on Jellal.

Also I really agree with "lets hope Raven Tail don't interfere with this fight"

as for Mira opponent I think its gonna be the girl from Sabertooth.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Well, using similarly designed characters through manga is not that an unusual practice to say the least. Actually, most manga artists do so over and over again. In turn, it is rather weird that characters in the same manga have such similarities for no reason (think of rumiko takahashi, kubo, oda, togashi and so on....). I don't even think mashima is bad at making characters.

One does not simply say that Mashima is bad in creating characters.

Not after all the characters he created through this series !!!

Mrlazsa
March 02, 2012, 04:54 PM

you're right fary tail as an astonishing number of characters and that may cause similarities but the main characters are like the main characters of rave copied in another universe (sound like edolas :) )...
anyway we obviously can't criticise mashima, this manga is still great anc capable of building incredible expectation like for this next fight

ca12nag3
March 02, 2012, 04:58 PM
Its quite possible Jura finds out he is Jelal during the fight either by ability or w/e reason but will not reveal this. Got to remember that FT are Juras long allies and if Jelal sides with FT Jura will conclude there is a good reason for it.

So i dont think that Jelals cover will be blown yet. Maybe a more respectfull relation between the 2 will come from this.

mr.danly
March 02, 2012, 05:25 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15532287.jpg

HaiSuShi
March 02, 2012, 07:10 PM
I just remembered this page (http://www.mangareader.net/135-43818-4/fairy-tail/chapter-165.html) in Chapter 165.(bottom right panel)
Ren and Sherry have been foreshadowed way back then:cheez

Oh, and the chapter was awesome. Only thing I didn't understand: what the heck was the tear magic supposed to do?:blink

exacta
March 02, 2012, 07:15 PM
Chapter was uneventful until Jellal vs Jura was brought up. Mashima's sense of humor was really weird this chapter, and Orga's "fight" with War Cry was pretty boring. I would've liked to see War Cry actually do something(was interested in how "tears" was going to be a magic), then have it have no effect, then have Orga one-shot him. The title of the chapter couldn't have been more blunt. The way it was executed was boring...it's just cut to the next page and boom giant black lightning blast. Didn't really care about Ren's fight either.

Ifrit
March 02, 2012, 11:54 PM
I just remembered this page (http://www.mangareader.net/135-43818-4/fairy-tail/chapter-165.html) in Chapter 165.(bottom right panel)
Ren and Sherry have been foreshadowed way back then:cheez

Oh, and the chapter was awesome. Only thing I didn't understand: what the heck was the tear magic supposed to do?:blink

To make people petty him I suppose. He got what he deserved tho. Not sure why that Sabertooth Dragon Slayer said he like his magic.

@mr.danly that made my day :)

Newkerzy
March 03, 2012, 07:38 AM
I have a feeling that we may get some exposition on Gerard's power level and it being compared to Jura's. Jura said he was the weakest of the 10, but that was 7 years ago. So he may have gotten stronger and moved up in the rankings a bit. Hopefully Makarov can give us that exposition since he seems to be implied as the strongest (or second strongest, at least).

Marche
March 03, 2012, 08:16 AM
This chapter begins bad (I will write the detail below) but end really great, the exact opposite of the latest chapter (begins great but the end sucks).
But luckily for this time as the last chapter my judgment is influenced by the end of the chapter, for this the judment is surely positive, this chapter is good.

I really don’t care about the fact Natsu want to see Lucy in the shower, I think that this is a useless page.

Regarding the others fight I hoped that they would last for one whole chapter, so I am a bit disappointed by this.
In the truth for Ogra vs the fighter of Quatro Cerberus I liked that Ogra ended everything in an instant, just for show the power of Sabertooth, also if sincerely I hoped to see better Quatro Cerberus power, as the cry worked, if for example it would have been transformed in water.
In fact some comments, particularly of the 2 Exceed and the part after the match could not be made.
Anyways I believe that in the contest that he will partecipate there will be Luxus, or perhaps they will fight on the fifth day, but the best would be if both of it will happened.

Anyways perhaps we could see a little bit more of what Arania and the “War cry” are able to do in the contest that they will partecipate or at least the anime could have delayed this fights.

Now I will write about the fight between Arania and Ren of Blue Pegasus.
Arania is truly sexy, beside from the previous chapter I thought that she was the second in command of the guild.
Anyways Sherry made a cheer for Ren, this distracts him and Arania can attack him.
As is being hinted from her name and her clothes she create spider net, she is a creation magic, in someway she can manipulate the spider net as she pleased, just like Flare for her hair.
But after another encouragement of Sherry Ren create a whirpool of air and sweeps away Arania and defeat her.

I am disappointed that she lost, as I said I believe that she was the second stronger member of the guild, but if she would have lost, at least I hoped that she would have been badly injured.
What I don’t like is that Quatro Cerberus (but in the truth I don’t care about that guild) and Mermaid Hell seem just only fodder.
In fact if Gerard in someway would lose to Juura we would have already a huge gap between the various team.
In fact counting also what happened to the contest http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/270/20 from the first to the fourth place the gap would be only of 6 points, then from the fourth place and the fight the gap would be of 11 points, while the other would be only in 3 points.

In fact if Jura will win against Gerard we would have:
1) Sabertooth: 20 points.
2) Raven Tail: 18 points.
3) Lamia Scale: 16 points.
4) Blue Pegasus: 14 points.
5) Mermaid Hell: 3 points.
6) Quatro Cerberus: 2 ponts.
7) Fairy Tail team B: 1 points.
8) Fairy Tail team A: 0 points.

Regarding Sherry and Ren together there were some hints
http://www.mangareader.net/135-37341-11/fairy-tail/chapter-157.html
http://www.mangareader.net/135-37341-12/fairy-tail/chapter-157.html http://www.mangareader.net/135-43818-4/fairy-tail/chapter-165.html.
Another hint could be that when Leon declared her love to Lluvia, Sherry did not became angry.

To tell the truth I don’t like this, because apart from this pages Sherry seem to love Leon, also if he did not seem to love her.
I hoped also in the future a fight between Lluvia and Sherry.
Anyways I must say that I really don’t like Sherry’s new look, in fact before the time skip she was the hottest on the same level of Urtear (also Urtear lost some positions after the time skip, her part that I prefered was her face, particularly her lips, but now without lipstick she is not that great anymore).

Beside from the pics of chapter 165 that I posted seem that Ren was approaching Sherry, while in this chapter is being said the opposite.

Anyways after this chapter I have the bad feeling than perhaps Lluvia could fall in love of Leon.
I hope because I am wrong, because Lluvia character is made for Gray, particularly after what she said to Meldy in the last arc, where she clearly said that she loves Gray, that she in not only for fun.

Anyways I thought that she did not partecipate to the contest because Leon said to the guild the bet with Gray (in the truth Gray refused the bet), so she did not wanted to partecipate because she did not wanted to win, but on the same time she could not lose purposely, for this reason she decided to leave her places to her little cousin.
I also thought that was for this reason that her cousin said this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/268/5.
But perhaps she said it because she loves Leon, she replaced Sherry in her obsession with Leon.
If so I don’t like that Sherry is not part of the team, I think in fact that would have been great if Sherry would have replaced one of the two other members (Tobi and the other), and that she would have be the tag team of Lamia Scale together with her cousin.

Anyways I thought that she would have faced Lluvia in the battles, but I don’t think this will happened anymore, at least not in the first 4 days.
In fact as I said before in the topic “Farity Tail's grand magic tournement” I believe that at least one member of Fairy Tail will fight a member of each time.
I believe that Natsu and Gray will fight Sting and Rufus, while Mira and Luxus will fight the tag team of Raven Tail, I believe the leader and one of between Nelputing and the man who seem a mix between Midnight and Cobra.
I hope that Elfman would fight Quatro Cerbersu, while Gazille will fight the other dragon slaye, Rogue.
For that the only one who remain are Lluvia and Erza.
I hope that Lluvia counting the fact that she is a water woman will fight one of Mermaid Hell (counting the Mermaid are creatures that live in water).
Erza could fight Ichiya, but perhaps after this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/273/7 she will fight the rabbit headgear.
Perhaps that rabbit is one of the old friend of Erza, and perhaps when he will fight her he will reveal himself.
If the misterious girl in Mermaid Helll is really Milliana in the battle she could fight against Obra, then he will suck all of her power, this will made Fairy Tail more angry (only if Milliana will have the contest with Erza before of her battle, so her bond with Erza would have been revealed).

Anyways I will write about the fight between Jura and Geard in another post, if I will have enough time for it.

PeleFT
March 03, 2012, 05:41 PM
The chapter was pretty cool. However I hope to see more of Orga's power against Luxus or possibly see Natsu eat it (and then beat 'em to a pulp). The smiley rabbit guy in Blue Pegasus, he's real shady, as in like a trump card for Blue Pegasus. And yeah, I feel as though he's some one from a previous chapter (Kageyama?). Now that Jura and Jellal are going to fight, and that the next chapter is a bad omen, maybe a cataclysm might occur letting everyone notice who mystogan really is. And Raven Tail better not do any underhanded tactics!

Sollum
March 03, 2012, 06:09 PM
Natsu eating lighting in a special way... totally doable!

Next chapters name is Bad Omen... This does not look good.

Marche
March 04, 2012, 08:25 AM
In the last post I forget to say one thing.
I believe that the leader of Lamia Scale can controll the movements of the people http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/273/5, in a similar way as Shelly could did with the object or the stellar spirit.
Perhaps because she is better than Shelly, or perhaps because in someway what Hades believed was not completely wrong, that in someway in the world after Zereff awakening all the counter effect of the magic would have disappeared (in the truth he believed that this would have happened only for the "lost magic").
And perhaps it's for this reason that Urtear could open the second vassel whitin the body of the Fairy Tail's magic, also because it is inside the human body, so I truly can't consider it a thing.

Kazu-Sama
March 04, 2012, 09:25 AM
Here's a thought, Sabertooth seem closely linked to Zeref. Last time we saw Rustyrose he was still alive with Zeref. Rufus has similar magic to Rustyrose... Any chance the two are the same? It wouldn't be hard to change appearance with their magic and all...

Uriel
March 04, 2012, 09:38 AM
Rufus like Rustyrose? One magic comes from the imagination and the other from the memory. I can't think of two magics more divergent than those two. :/

Sabertooth is just a guild with strong magic users, they're not bad. They're badass.

Raicrune
March 04, 2012, 05:42 PM
Nice jellal vs Jura.. I think i know what will happen. This could go 3 ways.. Jellal beating Jura, Jura beating Jellal OR.. Jellal gets caught not being a fairytail member because he has no fairy tail mark. Which means.. another loss for fairy tails!

crimsonlink310
March 04, 2012, 11:53 PM
I would prefer if Sabertooth was simply a rival guide like the other guides excluding Raven Tail. FT already has enough problems with the royal army and RT going after them. So ST added to that wouldn't be the best idea.

Ifrit
March 05, 2012, 02:07 AM
Nice jellal vs Jura.. I think i know what will happen. This could go 3 ways.. Jellal beating Jura, Jura beating Jellal OR.. Jellal gets caught not being a fairytail member because he has no fairy tail mark. Which means.. another loss for fairy tails!

That could happen.

I think Mashima is looking for a way to put Wendy in this tournament, so she could replace Jellal with Fairy Tail B

Kurohitsugi
March 05, 2012, 04:27 AM

I believe that could happen during the final days of the Tournament since it doesn't affect only Jellal. Since this is a violation of the rules, Fairy Tail B will be kicked out of the Tournament with a disqualification leaving only Natsu's team competing for Fairy Tail. But I can see this happening in the last day, when I guess Saberthooth, Raven Tail and the two Fairy Tail groups being the only teams who have mathematical chances to win the Tournament. Fairy Tail B will be in a better spot to win this and their disqualification should be a serious blow to the guild's chances of winning the money the Tournament.

About Jellal vs Jura: As I have said, I am 99% sure that this match-up will be a draw. It's too early for Lamia Scale's strongest member to be defeated now and I don't see Jellal losing this either. I agree that the "Bad Omen" foreshadows problems for Jellal (probably having to do with the dark energy that surrounds the arena + his effort to keep his identity hidden) but I clearly see a draw cause 30 minutes are too few for a match-up like this to have a winner. ;)

lunacat
March 05, 2012, 12:42 PM
we're looking forward to the Jellal Vs Jura match, if Jellal wins, it means he's got some aces up his sleeve, if he loses, it means something's wrong or that Jura really is strong, if it's a draw, it'll be perfect, but like you said "kurohitsuji", the title "bad omen" indicates trouble.

ZERO PHOENIX
March 05, 2012, 12:58 PM
I'm not looking foward to this match with Gerard and the other guy. It's a given that Gerard is going to win. I'm more interested in learning what this dark phenomena is. I'd like to think that it's connected to Zeref but I doubt he'll show up again so soon. We will probably receive information about Zeref during this arc but I don't think he'll play a major role.

Marche
March 05, 2012, 03:47 PM
Now I will write what could happened in the next chapter:
The title of the next chapter is bad omen, so something bad, a disaster or a a danger could happened.
Anyways I really liked the end of the chapter, I truly liked that Gerard remembers (in the truth we see what they are doing at the present) Wendy, Gray, Lluvia and Lucy, and that he take it in whitin in his hearth.

For these pics and for what is written in the last page I believe that Geard will use his full power, also if he will risk to be detected.
I believe that we will see his true power, and that his feeling will be transmitted to all the other Fairy Tail’s magic and perhaps also to the audience.

I liked that Wendy embraces and takes holds tight to herself Charle, as if she wants to be protected, for obtained courage.
Gray is looking to the tournement alone while Lluvia is depressed in a room, she is alone.
While Lucy takes a shower while she is crying.

I believe in 3 scenarios:
1) Something bad happened, perhaps is something related to the the reason of this tournement, it’s about what has been said at the end of chapter 271.

2) Raven Tail will cheat, Obra could take absorb Gerard power.
I don’t think this will happened, also because they don’t know that Gerard is Mystogun, so they will probably believe that Jura will won anyways, without counting that someone could notice it.

Anyways if this will happened I don’t think that they will do in every fight of Fairy Tail, it’s really unlikely that Fairy Tail will lose in every battles.

Anyways I believe that if this will happened I believe that the one who will lose the battles for Raven Tail fault will take a good place on the contest and in the fifth day will take the revenge against their opponent, after that Obra will be defeated by Wendy.

If this will happened Gerard will not be discovered in this match.
Actually I really hope that we would have a fight between Gerard and Jura, but I thought they would have fight only in the fifth day, and eventually on the contest if Geard would partecipate it.

I must say that I thought that Gazille would have fight Rogue in one of the first 3 days, then he would be defeated completely, then he would have took the same power up of Natsu and the others thanks to Urtear, so in the fifth day he could take his revenge on Rogue.
Obviously he would not partecipate on the contest, and for the same reason also Rogue would have done the same thing, and he would be replaced by the girl in Sabertooth (in this chapter she is not with the other member of Sabertooth).

But right now I think that Gazille on the battle could fight another mages, that he would have faced Rogue in a contest (in that contest Rogue will go after only to Gazille), then he would take the power up from Urtear and at the fifth day he would have win anyways.

In this scenario the one who would not partecipate in the contest will be Gerard, while for Fairy Tail’s team A would be Elfman.
I believe in fact that in the contest Gazille will face Lucy, Luxus Natsu while Mira would face Erza, just like Lluvia faced Gray.
I believe this for this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/270/8.

3) There is the possibilities that the title refers to the draw, bad omen could means “bad luck”, because someone had bad luck, most likely the title will be refered to Jura, which was unlucky because he will fight with the only men in the whole tournement that has the change to beat him.

But in the truth I hope that this will not be the case, I hope that the title chapter will refers to the fact that at the end of the chapter his mask will came out and his identity will be revealed.
Anyways I believe that in someway he will not be disqualified (and whit him also the rest of the team, because they would have only 4 member for the guild).

I think this because this could go against the will of the knight that appeared in chapter 271, this could be slow down his plan.
Beside I think it’s too early for this also because Lluvia could not obtain her revenge.

I think that Gerard could say that he is not Gerard, perhaps he will say that he is Gerard’s twin, and then he could show Fairy Tail’s mark.
In the truth also from what said Mavis here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/268/9 I don’t think that he has the mark yet, but perhaps in someway Mavis could give him the mark, perhaps Mavis could give the mark simply touching the person (she will be able to do it because only who has the mark can see her, the other persons will not see him).
I think that the others will accept that version, in fact I believe that perhaps only in the fifth day his identity will be discovered, perhaps when Urtear and Meldy will show on the tournement.

But if this will be the case I hope that after the match, at the evening or at the night Makarov will confess the truth to the Blue Pegasus guild, Lamia Scale guild (for Lamia Scale only to the partecipants and Sherry too) and also to Yazima.
I hope that also Urtear and Meldy will be there, so there will be a confrontation between Gray, Leon and Urtear about Ur, and on the same time also between Gerard, Urtear and Yazima about the past.
I hope that these parts will be shown, that these will not be skip.
I hope that also Lamia Scale and Blue Pegasus (particularly Hibiki thanks to his magic) will help in the searching of the misterious force.

I hope if Sherry will be part on the riunion, we will know how she fell in love with Ren, but perhaps this will be revealed in her new profile as this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/273.

Then Leon could accept to shut up his mouth for the fact that Urtear is Ur’s daughter, or even for Lluvia (because so she wil have the opportunities to redeem herself), but I would be really happy if in exchange of it he will ask an appointment to Lluvia.
I hope this only if Gray and perhaps also Sherry’s little cousin (if she loves Leon) will spy them.

Lee-tyme7
March 05, 2012, 11:14 PM
At the beginning was Natsu planning to go peek on Lucy in the shower? lol That was too funny.

Jorge D. Dragon
March 07, 2012, 05:49 AM
The chapter wa ok.:)
I think it was given that Sabertooth's member with a Black Lightning will win. Sabertooth seems to be really the strongest Guild in Fiore for now. I can actually see them winning the Tournament, but the main fight will be between FT and RT. Also other Guilds might participate in this. Also Royal Guard might also be in this and team up with Raven Tail. Seems might look complicated in some way.
There might be multiple opponents in this Arc and also it might be that their actual goals might be a bit different.

About the next chapter... I can see it as a tie between Gerard and Jura or even Gerard might win as he was also one of the strongest magic users before timeskip and if I'm not mistaken he was also among the ten magic saints?

sabret00the
March 08, 2012, 08:15 AM
I only just realised how similar Sabertooth's logo is to the Thundercats' one.

http://i.imgur.com/yPtZh.jpg

Shadoguardian
March 08, 2012, 09:03 AM
My personal prediction for this arc:
A1. Fairy Tail wins the tournament, but causes so much damage that they have to give back the prize money to pay for the broken property;
A2. Fairy Tail destroy's the tournament after discovering the reason for the strange magic that Crime Sorcerie were talking about. Since they destroyed the tournament prior to the finals, they don't get the prize and no one reaally wins.
B. Makarov cries because they didn't get the cash prize.
C1. Kaby Melon (from the Daybreak Arc) makes an appearrance and donates the 20 million jewels he promised from before to Fairy Tail, after becoming rich from either copying and printing his dad's last book, or from writing his own books and selling them;
C2. The demon guys from Galuna island donates the 70 million jewels that Fairy Tail refused from before;
C3. Both Kaby and the demon guys from Galuna donate cash to Fairy Tail.

REN KOUEN
March 08, 2012, 05:03 PM
i am excited about this weeks chapter coming up, the clock is ticking...

i really hope we get to see a badass fight between jellal and jura, and hopefully we get to see some more of the suspicious action going on behind the scenes

Aikidoka
March 08, 2012, 06:29 PM
As psyched as I am about Gerard vs. Jura, I have my reservations. I might be alone in this but I feel like Gerard winning would be doing a disservice to Fairy Tail, of sorts. Sure, he's fighting for them and representing them in the tournament, but after all the losses that Fairy Tail suffered, IMO it should be up to one of their real members to redeem the guild...somehow it sort of feels like it isn't a "true" victory if someone who was an honorary FT member at best won their first match. Maybe it's just me.

Looking forward to tomorrow's chapter.

Xguard
March 08, 2012, 09:18 PM
I think unless Gerard loss, he may be exposed that he was fake member.
(even though real Mistogan has the same face as Gerard, but who will know. This one is surely fake.)

Ifrit
March 09, 2012, 02:51 AM
I don't think Fairy Tail can afford any more losses, and I hope Jellal will win this fight. Also I'm sure he will join Fairy Tail as Mystogan, so basically everyone will think that this is Mystogan, and only Fairy Tail members will know the secret.

fcToho
March 09, 2012, 03:53 AM
Also I'm sure he will join Fairy Tail as Mystogan, so basically everyone will think that this is Mystogan, and only Fairy Tail members will know the secret.

I never thought about that, but actually it would make sense. Only then the whole Mystogan/Gerard thing would have a real reason, as it would have been a way to have a secret wanted member with two identities. I think that would be somewhat original.