PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 274 Discussion / 275 Predictions

3c
March 02, 2012, 08:26 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

Ifrit
March 09, 2012, 06:03 AM
Chapter is OUT !!!!
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/24537635/1

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

ahhhh.....stop ur comedy for just a second will ya...don't ruin this...stupid..see you next week guys :-_-

Gats
March 09, 2012, 06:35 AM
The trolling isn't stopping. Awesome. :derp

I enjoyed the fight very much before the prank. Jellal can copy Mystogan's magic. :zomg

I think it's not that bad that we won't get to see Jellal biggest (?) move already.

Piling all this trolling about FT will end with some awesome victories and hype when shit gets real, don't worry.

Shader
March 09, 2012, 06:40 AM
Piling all this trolling about FT will end with some awesome victories and hype when shit gets real, don't worry.
Actualy in this conditions i think something gonna happen to the "winning" teams, one by one they will somehow "removed" from this games...and in the end "weaklings" (FT) gonna save the day and will become famouse again.

ocajavati
March 09, 2012, 06:40 AM
It's the usual stuff.

Everyone stronger than Natsu somehow losing, just so the protagonist can somehow pull off a miracle win.

It's really the same thing over and over again, not that I don't enjoy it.

Gats
March 09, 2012, 06:49 AM
It's the usual stuff.

Everyone stronger than Natsu somehow losing, just so the protagonist can somehow pull off a miracle win.

It's really the same thing over and over again, not that I don't enjoy it.

Well the thing is the opponents FT fought until now (aside Gray) were not stronger and FT is being trolled.
Can't say about Juria, we have yet to see the true potential of Jellal.

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

Actualy in this conditions i think something gonna happen to the "winning" teams, one by one they will somehow "removed" from this games...and in the end "weaklings" (FT) gonna save the day and will become famouse again.

Yeah I see something like that too. I just hope it won't be THAT simple, even if I would enjoy very much the moment when FT will shine when everybody else are failing.

sarutobi_sensei
March 09, 2012, 07:01 AM
I just love Mavis. She's like a super cute kid when she's not doing her scary faces xD Makarov's face was also epic xD

So is it safe to assume that Mystogan wouldn't be able to defeat Jura?

Haha Urtear was awesome XD Making Meredy use her magic to stop Jellal, tickling and all xD Other than that, Jellal would have defeated Jura with this attack. And it seems that Jura understood who he was. This is going to be interesting.

Now, what the hell will happen for Levy to be writing a letter for Lucy. Could something have happened to Lucy and the others? Again? Like another timeskip? Or them being sent to the past? But how would Levi stay in the future?

And Charle had another premonition, but what could it be?

Gah sometimes Mashima is a troll not even letting us see glimpses of what's about to happen.

lunacat
March 09, 2012, 08:01 AM
Mattaku :-_-
is Hiro intending to end all the future chapters (or should i say fights) in a silly way?
the only good thing about this chapter is the last page :D

Mrlazsa
March 09, 2012, 08:11 AM
my god i expected at least a two chapter fight...this is sad :-_-
at least we know we're going to see not only fairy tail fighting desperately to gain some points but also this mysterious dark power, that would probably be used by raven tail in order to kick fairy tail ass

goldb
March 09, 2012, 08:19 AM
I knew something trolly like that would end the fight :hmph Though I'm more curious about these future events and Charle's premonition, which we know involved Lucy and Levy.

Mrlazsa
March 09, 2012, 08:29 AM
i think the message was for lucy but written in charlie's mind because it was the only "thing levy" levy could write on to let lucy know she is the only one capable of stopping the imminent crysis

Ifrit
March 09, 2012, 08:37 AM
From last page the. I don't think we will get to see the end of it, and I'm not sure if anyone actually falling for the idea of Lucy going to die, because he's not going for that far, so last page isn't a big deal at all honestly.

I don't know how long we will wait. To see a fight like Jura Vs Jellal again in this manga. Because once the Dragon slayers start fighting each others the boredom will start. We seen enough from those fighting.

I agree the way the fights start was really promising except for Jellal copying Mysrogan magic. Since he never met the guy.....

FrostyMouse
March 09, 2012, 08:50 AM
I wasn't that surprised that we got some trolling. I mean, both Lucy and Jellal were the superior mages in their fights, but they lost due to outside interference.

Newkerzy
March 09, 2012, 09:19 AM
From last page the. I don't think we will get to see the end of it, and I'm not sure if anyone actually falling for the idea of Lucy going to die, because he's not going for that far, so last page isn't a big deal at all honestly.

I don't know how long we will wait. To see a fight like Jura Vs Jellal again in this manga. Because once the Dragon slayers start fighting each others the boredom will start. We seen enough from those fighting.

I agree the way the fights start was really promising except for Jellal copying Mysrogan magic. Since he never met the guy.....

Well, he has been keeping a close eye on FT, so I wouldn't put it past him to learn Mistgun's magic (and eventually learned who he is). And besides, I really liked Mistgun's magic, it really feels very "wizard-like". Orthodox, if I had to put in one word. So, Jellal using Mistgun's magic (as I expected him to) was a pleasant read.

And I kinda figured the ending would be that way since Ultear commented on him being reckless enough to blow his own cover, but it was still funny to see. Basically, awesome action and comedy packed into one chapter makes me give this chapter 8/10.

REN KOUEN
March 09, 2012, 09:34 AM
this thread was epic up until the end, it makes me sick that jellal had to lose (or ultear sabotaged him so that he would not expose himself) but it was a great fight up until that point

what an interesting twist for charle to have a premonition about lucy andy levy O_O

cant wait for next weeks chapter, hopefully we see another good fight

frozen18ice
March 09, 2012, 09:46 AM
love the trolling, ebil, so ebil, part of me wanted jellal to win but part of me was happy that his disguise was not broken from the whole magic tournament but only to jura that is a close friend to fairy tale, not raven tail or the magic council.

i like the twist at the end with charle being able to see what will happen so that fairy tail will get a heads up for whats to come, i like the fact that they are using levy this chapter and she wont have a background role, i can picture the effort that will show from the rest of the guild that was not lost in 7 year tenru island will do to protect levy team shadow gear in action i guess but they are stronger but i think it will still play with levy and gajeel love connection yet its better because its mixed with lucy and how important her story is in fairy tail,

Zephyr
March 09, 2012, 09:53 AM
I'm voting for Bad.

Don't misundertand me, I really love how the fight has been described by Hiro... but the end was kinda lame. Maybe it's fine that Jellal wasn't able to summon his best move, and judgin by Yura's expression, he'll be surely being beat so badly that even his mom cannot recognize him XD

By the way, I'm expecting a plot turnover, honestly it's goods that Fairy Tail must be not considerated as the winner from the beginning but damn... current situation is a mess!

benelori
March 09, 2012, 10:01 AM
I think this tournament is just to show off the different skills of the mages that we knew until now...to witness their evolution somewhat, to lay the basis for some rivalries maybe, or strong enmity...

I think in the end the tournament will be interrupted, and it will be the perfect occasion for Fairy Tail to show their skills...so in the end they will save the day, but they won't be the number 1 guild in Fiore...so there won't be any losers or people who will come out in disadvantage...win for everyone

So I'm just in for this ride, and I'm beginning to like all those ways the author thinks up to make FT lose...it's hilarious:p

Kuzumikun
March 09, 2012, 10:29 AM
Chapter was okay; but what makes me thinking is the ending page; if Lucy is at the games watching why would Levy need to explain it to her again? I'm thinking because Lucy will loose her memory (like Elie from Rave Masters). Thing is how would she lose her memory?

Darjaille
March 09, 2012, 10:37 AM
:rofl
:crying
:super

I can't really say how I feel about the chapter. I wanted Jellal to win so badly, but mainly I wanted to see him do something badass. The fight was short, but I loved his use of Mystogan's magic and also meteor, and we basically know that he's superior to Jura, like Lucy is to Flare.
It hurts to see him get trolled, but this time, for me it's different than Lucy vs Flare. I'm just glad that Jellal is not out of game yet and his identity wasn't revealed.

So mixed feelings, but it was quite funny, even tho Mavis has won the hilarity contest once again :lmao

About the premonition, I don't know. I don't know if something's going to happen to Lucy, or to Levi/rest of the guild and Lucy will save them. Or something O_o

In any case I hope Charle goes to tell Makarov/Lucy/Levi/everyone about what she saw >_>;

REN KOUEN
March 09, 2012, 10:37 AM
I think this tournament is just to show off the different skills of the mages that we knew until now...to witness their evolution somewhat, to lay the basis for some rivalries maybe, or strong enmity...

I think in the end the tournament will be interrupted, and it will be the perfect occasion for Fairy Tail to show their skills...so in the end they will save the day, but they won't be the number 1 guild in Fiore...so there won't be any losers or people who will come out in disadvantage...win for everyone

So I'm just in for this ride, and I'm beginning to like all those ways the author thinks up to make FT lose...it's hilarious:p
yea bene i said the same thing, i believe the tournament will wind up getting interruped and perhaps a combination of some of the noble fighters from the "good" guilds will stand up against the evil

should be an interesting development hopefully a few curveballs will be thrown at us because right now the outcome seems pretty predictable

Uranometria
March 09, 2012, 10:54 AM
Having read these chapters from the start of this tournament fairy tail members like gray, lucy and jellal lost to some sort of interference and I'm not doubting that fairy tail will end up saving this tournament or something. jellal did great....I wanted him to win sooo bad but we always get troll. From the beginning I knew lucy had some sort of involement with this tournament because during her fight that guy said the same thing about the fruit starting to ripen which i assumed he meant lucy and so Im guessing/assuming that raven tail could have probably killed lucy's father. Also, when lucy was doing her training with capricorn she mention something about the "the one magic which her mother said was loved" i think that involves lucy as well( just my gut feeling)and to finish i think this has to do with her mother too .

MyuuMyuu
March 09, 2012, 11:57 AM
So, Charle saw something about Levy Writing something to Lucy? Or is Levy the story-teller? No wait, theres been a story teller through the whole story, also before levy was introduced

Raicrune
March 09, 2012, 12:13 PM
That was a nice chapter! Wizard saint Jura and former wizard saint (siegrain)Jellal were great! So Lyon believes Jura is the strongest in fiore ha. Well if only Jellal's technique wasnt stopped.. well.. im glad it was.

I love how the writer somehow finds out a way to let the fairy tail lose and yet not making us dissapointed. Well done!

Uriel
March 09, 2012, 12:15 PM
I loved the fight. Note aside, I actually like the new design of Jura. He looks friggin awesome.
And I like the way things are coming out. So far every MAGE is realizing how powerful Fairy Tail really is. Regular People not, but who cares? Respect comes from equals.

A good chapter. The troll was...well, predictable. So I did not cared about this lost. I don't care by any lost as long as it's epic.

Aikidoka
March 09, 2012, 12:33 PM
Last page: "To my beloved Lucy, from Levy." I can't shake that mental image now...

Fight was a true tease, cut short before we could see anyone getting a true advantage. Kind of glad it ended like this -- that way Fairy Tail's first true victory can be won by someone who's an actual member and doesn't feel like Gerard fighting their battles, but at the same time Gerard doesn't lose his badassery because it was Urtear's fault. Also, awesome display from Jura, exactly what I was hoping for in a fight between two of the Ten.

Newkerzy
March 09, 2012, 01:05 PM
Last page: "To my beloved Lucy, from Levy." I can't shake that mental image now...

Fight was a true tease, cut short before we could see anyone getting a true advantage. Kind of glad it ended like this -- that way Fairy Tail's first true victory can be won by someone who's an actual member and doesn't feel like Gerard fighting their battles, but at the same time Gerard doesn't lose his badassery because it was Urtear's fault. Also, awesome display from Jura, exactly what I was hoping for in a fight between two of the Ten.

Agreed. I believe this fight is one of the highest quality fights in modern shonen history. Why?? despite it being flashy like most shonen, the back and forth counters in quick succession is what makes it stand out from the rest, whereas most shonen usually show one side clearly having the upper hand and whacking the opponent around like a rag doll. I give props to Mashima on this one.

Jorge D. Dragon
March 09, 2012, 01:16 PM
The chapter was interesting.
I liked how Gerard not only performed his own Meteor Magic, but also managed to copy Mystogan's illusion magic and well... that really speaks for his level as a mage. We can speak about raw power and powerful spells, but among mages we don't have that many who can actually perform different styles.
Of course as everyone mentioned the way Gerard lost was really hilarious and it was actually good. I do believe that it wasn't the place for Gerard to let everyone understand his true identity. Hope Jura won't let other mages know, what he understood, even though other mages might have understood it by now too.
Still the last spell that Gerard started to use... well it was totally badass.:)

So, looking at Charlie's face and those last words it looks like soon the best part will start.;)

Atobe the king
March 09, 2012, 01:26 PM
@Aikidoka I can't shake it either...

I was enjoying the fight...........then Ultear stepped in :(. I just want a normal tournament arc, i remember watching dragon ball thinking goku is going to win the first tournament.....then he didnt as a kid that shocked me. The tournament was full of surprises. But at this rate the only thing that can happen is FT save the day in a blaze of glory and get respect in Fiore again, nothing wrong with that but there was a bit more potential in this arc :(. Oh well, jellal <3

matzik1212
March 09, 2012, 01:31 PM
Well what can i say , it was a good chapter until i saw how it ended -_-; *sigh...*

Mavis is so cute lol , can't believe she (Mavis is a she right? ) needed to go to the bathroom. :amuse

Btw anyone upset seeing Jura 's arrogant face :-_- 'cause i sure am , i hated seeing his smug face but yeah i have to admit that he's really strong , his rock mountain technique was spectacular , loved everyone's reaction to that :XD . But Jellal was also awesome , dammit i would have wanted to see his star destruction technique :crying

I'm starting to get pissed at Mashima sensei for making FT lose so pathetically :darn . I mean i swear i wouldn't have been bothered if the ones who faced FT mages directly were exceptionally strong and won 'cause of that but beside Jura all the others were nothing extraordinary. This is so frustrating , well at least i laughed very much on this chapter seeing Ul's way of stopping Jellal (lol that was hilarious :XD)

The end of the chapter kinda worried me :s . What could be the deal with Lucy and Levy ? :blink

exacta
March 09, 2012, 01:57 PM
I liked this weeks chapter alot.....the fight was wrapped up in one chapter, and it was a pretty epic fight. I wonder if Jura could've handled Jellals spell, who knows. I kind of like the idea of a guild aside from Raven Tail and Sabertooth having mages that can compete with Fairy Tail. Also, Jellal's spell from what it seemed was totally overkill.......it probably would've blown his cover.

One thing I will say though is ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooo. I ain't falling for that shit again Mashima. Screw your premonitions Charla. In the end, it will always work out anyway.

kidopitz27
March 09, 2012, 01:58 PM
the fact that every awesome techs are being cancelled by either other people they don'y know (lucy's fight) or (this chapters fight) is a good thing maybe because FT will emerge the most powerful guild ever if Hiro showed FT's full tech if you see Lucy's tech even the raven tail are shaking and we know that Natsu's fight will be like this too either hes techs will get cancelled or someone from the outside will

Atobe the king
March 09, 2012, 03:12 PM
I ain't falling for that shit again Mashima. Screw your premonitions Charla. In the end, it will always work out anyway.

This, soooooo much lol.

wooticus
March 09, 2012, 04:15 PM
I reread the chapter and i think that with end of day 1 it's also the end of fairy tail's total failure. This honestly can't go on for more than one day i think. So we got Grey, Lucy, Juvia and Jellal losing hard.

Juvia and Grey were mentally unprepared. To be honest this has to be no surprise. They may have only thought of this tournament consisting of one-on-one fights. They've never been on that tournament and so they didn't know what to expect.
Lucy and Jellal just got trolled hard and lost by interference from the outside. So they were about to show Fairy Tail's potential.

But i think that Hiro Mashima picked those characters because they are the ones who can afford to lose a match hard, struggle and come out of it stronger.
If you think of Natsu and Erza those two are the major "asspull" characters of this manga. I wrote it in " " because many people called some of their wins "asspull". But that's not important, i only want to point out that those two are probably never lose a real fight.
Then there are gajeel and mirajane. Both of them were quite hyped when they were introduced. Gajeel lost quite hard against two nobodys in the last arc (Well the anime tries to make him look stronger by adding this non-canon fight in the last few episodes)
I really think they have to come out better in this tournament. Especially Mira. She's only a side character so she won't fight the big bosses but she is "the demon" and with lisanna being back and mira's disability to protect her sibling at tenrou island her fighting spirit might be back for sure. I'd really love her to rock soon. I fear it would be her fighting against elfman, or some trolling like a bikini contest. We'll find out sooner or later.

Then there is laxus. I don't know if he has anything to prove. He basically rescued the guild last chapter, now it's against his father sooner or later. But i don't know whether he will win some points or lose hard. Maybe something related to those new dragon slayers.

And Elfman? It would certainly be funny to see him compete with Ichiya. Men!

Jyten
March 09, 2012, 04:22 PM
Good chapter, but the trollin needs to stop at some point. I want a fair standard fight that doesn't end in complete BS. I'm betting this will be Erza's fight as usual, granted she'll win with Nakama power.....

I wish Hiro would give more looks at some of the less important chars...But I could live if Mavis used her magic. Like she destroys the whole tournament since FT is in last place. :)

Also, even if FT is/was the no.1 in Fiora...aren't there other guilds in other countries...you can go so many other places with this...

Also Atobe come back to us in JAC we miss you and darj come back too!

Ifrit
March 09, 2012, 11:32 PM
Chapter was okay; but what makes me thinking is the ending page; if Lucy is at the games watching why would Levy need to explain it to her again? I'm thinking because Lucy will loose her memory (like Elie from Rave Masters). Thing is how would she lose her memory?

If he made her lose her memory somehow. Then it could be Levy who wrote everything up until now, and Lucy is just reading it to remember. This is why she is telling the story.

But I hope he will link her mother to this event. at-least in this scenario we will know what happened to her mother, and it will be the beginning of the Dragons Arc. Since Lucy mom disappeared on the same day.

If there is any fights coming. I'm only excited for Gajeel , Mira. and Laxus fights. I believe he told us that the fights is random, so we will see Gray , and Lucy fighting again....

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

I wish Hiro would give more looks at some of the less important chars...

The only reason why I was excited for this Arc.
Starting with Jura Vs Jellal, but that was a big :epicfacepalm

MONKEYS
March 10, 2012, 12:25 AM

Yeah, same here. You know what they say about great minds... XP

Anyway, I'm very annoyed. After all that build-up, and a week of thinking that Jura was going to get a serious run for his money. I didn't really expect Jellal to win with anything short of a miracle, but I saw a draw as much more likely than a loss.

And then Mashima pulled "that" out. Seriously, Jellal better be some new level of pissed when he sees his guildmates again, or..... something! (I won't stop reading Fairy tail, it's too good for that).

And seriously, why couldn't Ultear just let him win, sure, he would have been exposed, and Fairy Tail B may have been disqualified, but everyone would have believed that Fairy Tail aren't completely useless, and then the momentum would have gained.

Of course, now it's all up to Natsu..... woo-hoo

Seriously, what's the point of so many characters regularly appearing if you don't use them! Fairy tail (the manga, not the guild) has the potential to be such a rich universe, if only Mashima delved deeper into the mechanics of magic, and the different types....

Ah well

Krono
March 10, 2012, 12:51 AM
And seriously, why couldn't Ultear just let him win, sure, he would have been exposed, and Fairy Tail B may have been disqualified, but everyone would have believed that Fairy Tail aren't completely useless, and then the momentum would have gained.

Jellal being exposed doesn't end with "Oh well, Fairy Tail B is disqualified for having a non-guild member on their team, but at least everyone now sees that Fairy Tail isn't completely useless."

For starters, it only reinforces the bad image of Fairy Tail as the only person to do well from their teams, was not actually part of the guild. More importantly, Jellal is not just some random dude helping Fairy Tail out. He's a wanted criminal running around free only because he broke out of prison after receiving a death sentence. Being found to have knowingly sheltered him gets both teams disqualified while the authorities investigate, Makarov at a minimum, and likely other guild members that knew who he was, imprisoned, and quite possibly the guild itself disbanded.

-Ken-
March 10, 2012, 01:13 AM
I wonder if Mistgun himself is actually weaker than Jura. That would make me a little sad.

ca12nag3
March 10, 2012, 05:32 AM
Jellal being exposed doesn't end with "Oh well, Fairy Tail B is disqualified for having a non-guild member on their team, but at least everyone now sees that Fairy Tail isn't completely useless."

For starters, it only reinforces the bad image of Fairy Tail as the only person to do well from their teams, was not actually part of the guild. More importantly, Jellal is not just some random dude helping Fairy Tail out. He's a wanted criminal running around free only because he broke out of prison after receiving a death sentence. Being found to have knowingly sheltered him gets both teams disqualified while the authorities investigate, Makarov at a minimum, and likely other guild members that knew who he was, imprisoned, and quite possibly the guild itself disbanded.

I 100% agree, on top of that this fight didnt serve to make Jelal look strong or weak or for the funny ending it got from Ultears interference. It shows Jelal would go to any lenghts to help Fairy Tail I mean Erza.

Also that Jura was and still is in the picture and a loyal friend of FT but still hold his own guild higher ofc. Once more Ultear shows up protecting Jelal against himself. And like Krono said protected the secret thus saving FT.

Lectro Volpi
March 10, 2012, 05:36 AM
One thing I will say though is ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooo. I ain't falling for that shit again Mashima. Screw your premonitions Charla. In the end, it will always work out anyway.

Now that you mention it, did CharleĀ“s last premonition in Tenrou Island came true?

ca12nag3
March 10, 2012, 06:42 AM
Now that you mention it, did CharleĀ“s last premonition in Tenrou Island came true?

It did, its just that the omg this is bad *look* on said character face when having *premonitions/sensing power lvls/seeing people through telepathy* makes it look like things will go wrong when in fact like Exacta said things will always work out anyways.

Actually Mashima holds true to the standard rule that you never forshadow people kicking the bucket. I know some stories it is forshadowed and there is a doomsday plotline here and there. But in general you dont spoiler it.
So if the premonitions served any storytelling purpose (i believe it doesnt do that all that much). Charle would at least have seen the deaths.

Hades died,Zancrow died, and Zeref took off. Those things were not shown in the premonition yet they are bad things really bad. Yet we saw someones hand (Lucys), a few cries here and there, and thats it.

So to me it serves as a *omg shit is gonna happen and people are gonna suffer* flag. But as far as the story goes it says little important things. At least no factual events that really matter.

senewe
March 10, 2012, 10:37 AM
Seriously guys these first two round were not really good for any under aged kids.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Krono wanted to say that Ultear went to college. And yeah a hot college cheerleader.

Xguard
March 10, 2012, 10:57 AM
About the diary, it's just because that Lucy did't not watch the match, so she record instead of her.

But I am very doubted about page 14 that is "I see... your true identity"
Is that Jura thought. That means he already knew who was really Mystogan!
And what about the others? Are there anyone else who already know?
Some bad guy will also recognize him and knew that he was investigating their actions.

Ifrit
March 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
Why do we assume that bad thing is going to happen to Lucy, why not Levy ?

I know when some1 is leaving he/she usually leave a letter for the person he/she care about right ? Levy also took the power up. He can't leave her out of this. Maybe her part will come when the games end and the real deal starts.

crimsonlink310
March 10, 2012, 07:04 PM
We did get confirmation that the event that Levy is talking about happens after the Tournament so I don't think there is a chance of interruption during the tournaments.

Fairy Tail Teams A&B need to make a strong comeback.

Lucy technically won and Jellal was simply unlucky with his opponent being the same calibur as him. So in the 2nd day I want Sabertooth to lose a battle or place low in the event because if they get first place again, there is no way mathematically that Sabertooth can lose 1st place even against Raven Tail assuming that RT doesn't win any events.

20 + 20= 40 points for ST if they win on the 2nd day. That is about 18 points and 20 points ahead of FT Teams A and B respectively if they win the events and matches in 2nd place and win their battles as well.

Current standings:

1. ST: 20 points
2. RT: 18 points
3. Lamia: 16
4. Pegasus: 14
5. Mermaid: 3
6. Cerberus: 2
7. FT B: 1
8. FT A: 0

2nd day prediction

1. ST: 28 points (lose battle & 2nd place in event)
2. RT: 26ish points (lose battle)
3. Lamia: ___ points (dunno)
4. Fairy Tail A or B: 21-20 points (wins event and battle)
5. Pegasus: 18? points (dunno, depends on the event and battle)
6. Mermaid: ___ (win battle and low in event?)
7. Cerberus: 2 points (lose both event and match)

MONKEYS
March 10, 2012, 10:14 PM

Hmm, indeed. I don't think I quite worded that correctly.
What I was meaning to say was that for a moment (being the duration of the battle), the audience would have seen Fairy Tail as competent. Sure, Jellal would have been exposed, and there would have been repercussions, but you can't really say that Fairy Tail would have been disqualified as a whole, and then persecuted for harbouring a criminal.

That wouldn't have been up to us to decide, it would hvae been up to Mashima. Heck, this chapter, after some awesome build-up, he had a guy lose a match by sensing chillis be eaten. EDIT: But yes, there is no doubt that Jellal would be on the run again.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that Fairy Tail isn't really on the straight and narrow path of logic, and also that the Jellal/Jura fight was so very underwhelming.

Anyway, I expect some Natsu rage will pull Fairy Tail back into the competition, followed by an Erza battle, probably with Sabretooth, to pull them back into the runnings.

exacta
March 11, 2012, 03:02 PM
Jellals a wanted criminal, he betrayed the Magic Council and built the R System, broke out of prison yada yada. Having someone like that on your team looks bad....there would definitely be trouble, not to mention they registered him as Mystogan when hes Jellal. They don't know Mystogan looks like Jellal so it would look even worse. And that spell was completely overkill look at that thing....I don't think there are many users out there that use Heavenly Magic, and Ultears a smart character, she wouldn't interfere if the spell wasn't really suspicious. Plus, Mashima likes his humor, and honestly I would never expect Jura vs Jellal to have humor in it.....Jellal and Urtear have never had any humorous moments, and it's so early in the tourny. I don't mind it. Fairy Tail will make a comeback. At least this way we'll want to see FT win rather than suffer a big loss like what many expected last arc. Jellal is one of the more powerful characters so it would've just made it all the more ridiculous if he got owned by some other mage only for that same mage to be beaten later by Natsu anyway.

The Jellal/Jura fight didn't need to be longer than it was in my opinion.....its the first set of fights for the tourney, theres 5 days left. And for a fight that was one chapter there was plenty of action and attacks. Also in the grand scheme of things it wasn't an important fight as far as the plot goes.....it was just something to entertain and hype Jellal/show off Jura. If Mashima dedicated a bunch of chapters to each fight this would drag on for too long and slow down the plot, which from what we've seen so far is going to develop the more the tourney progresses. Mermaid Heel and Quatro Cerberus are fodder.....it is what it is.

I feel bad for them to be honest. Blue Pegasus should have had more screen time during the Oracion Seis arc too, they almost feel like fodder...honestly when so many characters are involved its best to not drag the fights out. Its unfortunate, but Mashima creates alot of characters that he doesn't make much use of.

Uriel
March 11, 2012, 04:28 PM
So I am the only one who likes the battles so far? Am I alone?

crimsonlink310
March 11, 2012, 05:49 PM

I love the battles so far. Lucy vs Flare is one of my favorites FT fights right now. Jellal vs Jura is very cool as well. Very impressed with what Mashima did for their fight.

HaiSuShi
March 11, 2012, 06:17 PM

Me too.:zomg
The battle between Jura and Jellal was short, but intense. It was a good demonstration of magical prowess, like with Lucy's fight against Flare. I very much like what the Great Magic Games build up to be.

Also, if we take Levy's words into account: "Several Days after the Great Magic Games...", it seems that whatever happens, does take place after that. But it's also possible she somehow lost sight with Lucy and the others during the tournament and tries to contact her afterwards.

MONKEYS
March 11, 2012, 11:43 PM
Me too.:zomg

Also, if we take Levy's words into account: "Several Days after the Great Magic Games...", it seems that whatever happens, does take place after that. But it's also possible she somehow lost sight with Lucy and the others during the tournament and tries to contact her afterwards.

It would be funny if Natsu went on a rage spree and chased after Raven tail (who I assume would be exposed by then), taking team Natsu with him (or them following to make sure he's safe).

I really hope Fairy tail pulls it together tomorrow, I don't want them to lose, that would be lame. Hopefully everyone has a chance to redeem themselves later (Gray, Lucy, Juvia, and Jellal).

Anyone else hoping for some sort of street fight between guilds at night time?

Xguard
March 12, 2012, 07:57 AM
I don't think Fairy Tail will make a come back on this tournament.
I think it should be like they lose this tournament but discover and defeat some evil guys in the end. And gain the respect from the other guild.
So the following arc should be about doing some abnormal quest that seem like normal and cheap quest but involving the major event. Because Fairy Tail becomes infamous guild and the quest owner did't have many money so they hire some cheap guild. And after finished this arc, they will came back to rich and famous guild.

I just guess this nonsense scenario, skip this if you don't like. ><

REN KOUEN
March 12, 2012, 08:01 AM
I love the battles so far. Lucy vs Flare is one of my favorites FT fights right now. Jellal vs Jura is very cool as well. Very impressed with what Mashima did for their fight.

agree the fights have been epic, i just wish fairy tail didnt always play the "rocky" role of getting their teeth kicked in before storming back to win...

i just want to see erza or someone bitchslap someone

ocajavati
March 16, 2012, 04:35 AM
I'm still waiting for Lexus to come back around and stomp everyone alive.

:hip

This chapter was somewhat disappointing, but expected.

It does leave me wondering why they didn't just link it to Jura and knock him out instead.

Lozmaster
March 16, 2012, 06:06 AM
It does leave me wondering why they didn't just link it to Jura and knock him out instead.

Meredys spirit link magic only works between two people with an existing emotional connection, so she couldn't make one with Jura.

REN KOUEN
March 22, 2012, 02:17 PM
im about ready for fairy tail to at least win one competition, i know erza will go all out if she fights that bacchus guy, i wonder how strong he is....i wonder how much ultears increased magic capacity will help