PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 275 Discussion / 276 Predictions

xi0
March 09, 2012, 06:31 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

fcToho
March 16, 2012, 08:17 AM
Chapter is out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/85709231/1

Drunken Boxing it is? Again, I really like the character design, but sadly it was a transition chapter. Was ok for me.

And of course he had to take this trophy... :verily

Darjaille
March 16, 2012, 09:16 AM
Jesus, I believed Juvia's wild imagination scene for a moment... ufffff :lmao:lmao It kinda scared me XDDDD

Elfman is supposed to fight on par (if not win yet, but wth for how long will they keep losing? I guess Natsu and Erza will win, because it's them) with someone of Erza's level +7 years? Ehh... The 2nd container has to be awesome then, bigger power up than I anticipated.

Lucy~ I love Fairy Tail for the comedy, the freshness and "kindness" of the manga, but Lucy's storyline is the only one I'm eagerly waiting for. I wonder if the song she's singing is the thing that protects people/something, or she's making the palace fall. Is the song an incantation of a spell?

A transitional chapter, but liked ^^

exacta
March 16, 2012, 09:19 AM
Could've done without the first half of the chapter, Second half was good though.......I'm gonna be honest though, this whole stand-in mage for Quatro Cerberus who uses a drunken fist fighting style smells alot like Yu Yu Hakusho's Dark Tournament. Alot.

Ifrit
March 16, 2012, 09:28 AM
It's good to see Quatro Cerberus having a strong mage. Poor Elfman....or poor Mira not sure. I wonder if he can set an example of a strong character on Natsu for a change.

Again not interested in Lucy thing, but I don't think it's a bad thing I think she will save everyone or something like that. Another strong spell...maybe.

Elfman is supposed to fight on par (if not win yet, but wth for how long will they keep losing? I guess Natsu and Erza will win, because it's them)

I was hoping things will be different this Arc, but again spot light to the same people :facepalm

Vote: Regular

Mrlazsa
March 16, 2012, 09:31 AM
so the king has nothing to do with the mysterious dark magical force, he is the object of the conspiracy...simply loved bacchus btw :)
anyway i don't think the king was talking of elfman, it sounded more like erza

Darjaille
March 16, 2012, 09:32 AM
It's good to see Quatro Cerberus having a strong mage. Poor Elfman....or poor Mira not sure. I wonder if he can set an example of a strong character on Natsu for a change.

Again not interested in Lucy thing, but I don't think it's a bad thing I think she will save everyone or something like that. Another strong spell...maybe.

I was hoping things will be different this Arc, but again spot light to the same people :facepalm

Vote: Regular

Oh........ I didn't think for a moment and forgot there's also Mira. I guess it'll be her then, makes sense since Erza=Mira thing since their childhood and stuff.

Yes, I'm not hyped up for Natsu or Erza's matches, but so far I'm good with the arc, because both Lucy and Mystogan were great in their fights. So the fights were really good.. of course the outcomes... but well, whatever >_<

FrostyMouse
March 16, 2012, 09:44 AM
It was a break chapter, but it wasn't bad. I sort of liked it in a way.

Lucy singing in the midst of the chaos has promise, more promise than I gave the Charle premonition.

REN KOUEN
March 16, 2012, 09:47 AM
good chapter, i love the juvia paranoia jealousy vision :)

cant wait for next weeks chapter, no way in hell erza will lose to that chump

Ero-Sanji
March 16, 2012, 10:25 AM
The character design, name and history of Bacchus was awesome. However, whomever gets to fight him might be a disappointment to that character if it's Elfman. If it's Elfman then he will most definitely lose again, if it's Mira then we might have an amazing fight in the near future.

wooticus
March 16, 2012, 11:00 AM
i also think the king meant mirajane. or even erza. She is actually also transforming - only her armor but well. Guess it could also mean her.

But i see no way that this king means elfman. Mirajane was a star and widely famous - nobody knows elfman.

Chapter was ok, i also liked the imagination scene of juvia. And actually i really wonder what gildarts would do if he was around :D

LnDRash
March 16, 2012, 11:15 AM
LOL @Juvias imagination.

I completely fell for it and thought "omg... Lucy and Gray...!? wtf is going on here all out of a sudden??" then I change to the next page and suddenly I'am more like "Ah... so thats how it is... of course, makes a lot more sense!"

Seriously, I just love it when Mashima fools his readers like that xD

JunKisaragi
March 16, 2012, 11:20 AM
Good chapter. Definitely looking forward to Charle's vision coming true. It must have something to do with that "One Magic" Hades/Purehito and the rest of Grimoire Heart were talking about, and that Lucy happened to have heard of from her mom.

I also got fooled by Juvia's delusions of Gray and Lucy and laughed when Lucy particularly thought "and that was long too...". Haha!

Regarding the next match, I think it'll be either Erza or Mirajane.

Ifrit
March 16, 2012, 11:53 AM
Next Chapter: I think 2 members participate from each team 1 to drive and 1 to attack maybe "Chariot" I think it won't take 2 chapters unless Mashima wants it to be long. I hope the fights after this event "Chariot" will be better.

Natsu & Lucy from Team A

Gajeel & Mira from Team B

Battles : Laxus Vs Orga

Erza Vs BACCHUS / After Krono helps xD

Krono
March 16, 2012, 12:07 PM
Erza re-equip or change armors-weapons she doesn't use Transformation Magic. like Elfman, Lisanna and Mirajane. Its definitely 60% Mira 40% Elfman

Because he wants team natsu to win, so there will be no more loses for Team A.

It should probably be noted at this point that Dragonfly Scans has the king's line as "The one who knows how to re-equip (http://dragonflyscans.org/manga/fairy_tail/275/11.html)" either MS, or DFS is playing fast a loose with the translation.

Ifrit
March 16, 2012, 12:13 PM
It should probably be noted at this point that Dragonfly Scans has the king's line as "The one who knows how to re-equip (http://dragonflyscans.org/manga/fairy_tail/275/11.html)" either MS, or DFS is playing fast a loose with the translation.

aha..Thank you that makes it clear now. not just the re-equip also he's trying to remember the name "Er..Er...Erza :)

I just read the chapter from the Link you post. Translation is much better. Thank you again a lot of things make sense now.

fcToho
March 16, 2012, 12:27 PM
Hadn't you said this I would have thought it would be Mira. Because Elfman is just too weak (but I like him too :amuse). It would have made sense in a way to show that Mira is as strong or stronger than Erza. And I would have enjoyed it more...

I just have to admit that I find Erza's battles boring as hell. :-_- She has the right equipment anyway~
But I also hope that Mira and Elfman won't use the same transformation over and over and have a wider collection.

Bacchus design/concept is really cool (I don't know Yu Yu Hakusho), hopefully he doesn't put up a lame fight. And sadly I think we will never see him again after the tournament(arc).

Shadow Limiter
March 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
Poor Kana, everyone here seems to forget about her.

It is sad day for her, not only she lost in a drinking competitions but she lost her top to a drunk man.

As for the song which Lucy might be singing, i have a feeling it would end up being something she learned from her mother.

exacta
March 16, 2012, 12:34 PM
I also noticed in the mangareader version that the King was trying to pronounce the name of the person he was referring to and said "Er...Er..." so I'm pretty sure he was trying to say Erza, plus Bacchus and Erza already have a rivalry. It's refreshing that someone from Quatro Cerberus is as powerful as Erza, they looked pretty weak in the first round.

And yeah, I fell for Juvia's imagination too lol.

waychanger
March 16, 2012, 01:41 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/423714_10101105407471373_1200756_63135656_826660502_n.jpg
Good morning. This is waychanger, the Mangastream translator for Fairy Tail. Thank you for reading our releases; I hope you enjoy them. I personally enjoy reading the responses and discussion on the many different forums out there following our releases. Usually I just lurk, but occasionally I do respond to translation-related issues. I am posting this on several different forums.

I would like to make two comments regarding some of the discussion in this thread, as the same issues have been showing up on different forums.

First, regarding what the king says about the FT member that "transforms." I am aware of DF's translation, and I assert that our translation is (more) accurate. The relevant panel from the raw is above. The king uses the term 変身 (henshin), which means "to change" or "to transform" and I have translated it as such. By contrast, Erza's re-equipment magic is /always/ referred to as 換装 (hensou, literally, to change clothing/outfits, this is usually translated as re-equip). I think the distinction here is important, and given that I felt that equating the two terms in this panel was taking a rather significant liberty with the translation, the translation is as it is. Of course, the king (who appears to be not the sharpest tool in the shed) probably is referring to Erza (my personal interpretation), but a case could be made for Elfman (or one of his siblings as well). More on Elfman in my next paragraph.

Second, regarding the "Er... / Er..." lines. In Japanese, the king is actually saying エル/エル, which phonetically is Eru/Eru. I think he is spelling out a name - however, it is not /for certain/ Erza. I have to point out that there is no "L" sound in Japanese, so Erza is actually spelled out Eruza (エルザ) and Elfman is spelled out Erufuman (エルフマン). Eru can be the start of /either/ name. The king does not specify a gender when he refers to the FT member (he says 奴, which is often male, but could be a crude reference to a person of either gender). So, while in fact I personally agree with the majority of you who feel that he is spelling out Erza, it actually COULD be Elfman (although obviously I feel like the encounter between Erza and Bacchus in the chapter makes it pretty clear it's Erza). Fortunately, the way that I've translated it is intentionally vague (as some of you pointed out, he could just be stammering), but a future chapter will prove some of us correct and some of us wrong. Discussion and speculation is part of the fun of reading manga, no?

I hope this was helpful. I hope you enjoy the chapters to come!

Kuzumikun
March 16, 2012, 01:43 PM
I'm 70% Erza and 30% sure Mira besides he says Er...Er...(Erza[unless that's how he thinks]). The ending scene was crazy! (Of course Lucy being my favorite character). According to the side margins it says Mercurius is where the king lives. So what was Lucy doing there is the question. As I thought before Lucy loosing her memory can be a possibility since Lucy is in the collapsing castle (and why else would Levy be writing to her about events that Lucy knew about?).

Gats
March 16, 2012, 02:12 PM
A good break chapter overall.

I was stupid enough to fall for the GrayxLucy trap... Mashima and his Game of Trolls. :rofl

I'm not hyped by the new character. Drunken style can be awesome but I don't really like his physical shape and outfit. Hopefully I'll change my mind once the battle will start.

matzik1212
March 16, 2012, 02:24 PM
A good chapter this week as well!
I enjoyed seeing FT happily celebrating even though they lost so pathetically ...they are FT mages after all , they know how to enjoy even though they are on the losing side :XD
Bacchus seems an interesting fellow (can't believe Kana lost in a drinking match :blink , she was so funny fainted there :) ) and we know that he was on par with Erza . The problem here is if Erza is on par with him now 'cause we have to consider that for the Tenrou island group time stood still for 7y so i'm wondering if that little training they undergone with Jellal's help was enough :s
About the ending , hmm i think that maybe Lucy is crying 'cause something happened to Levi . We know she is also involved in Charle's vision so this is my only idea for now . And as for the culprit i think that the Knight Squadron chief is involved in that incident with the destruction of the castle . I wonder who's he's working with and what is he referring to when he mentioned "that will be complete" ;)

Darjaille
March 16, 2012, 02:35 PM
Actually, when Bacchus challenged Kana, I was so sure he's going to lose and that will be the start of their love story :XD
I still see the potential :plot

Kauia
March 16, 2012, 06:21 PM
The last page really pumps me up since Lucy's my favorite character. I'm pretty sure its Lucy. since she was wearing those clothes in chapter 259.

BUT. I doubt it if Charle's premonition has anything with Lucy being in the castle or her singing causing it to be destroyed. Usually Charle's vision were more like bits and pieces that'll happen. They're not directly linked to the main issue of what's happening. They are more like parts of what is happening like with Lucy's hand or Natsu crying in the previous arc. In the previous arc what Charle fortold didn't tell anything about Makarov being badly injured, dragon or Purehito. They're more like random pieces happening but doesn't tell that much.

That scene of Lucy and Gray had me almost had me fooled. It had me bewildered since it crossed my mind it was so out of the blue and unfairytail like.

crimsonlink310
March 16, 2012, 08:09 PM
lol This chapter was pure humor. Lots of ship teasing too. I like Bacchus a lot, stealing Cana's top takes mega balls but then again, he might not know that Gildarts is Cana's father lol.

Favorite part of the chapter was when everyone was cheering and Mashima drew EVERYONE! That takes a lot of skill so props to him. I also liked how Natsu was holding Lucy in that panel.

Looking forward to the 2nd day of the tournament. We will probably get the DS vs DS match by the 4th day. Hopefully its Gajeel vs Sting or Rouge.

fcToho
March 16, 2012, 09:17 PM
I like Bacchus a lot, stealing Cana's top takes mega balls but then again, he might not know that Gildarts is Cana's father lol.

Don't know why so many (fairy tail characters included) fear Gildarts anger. I'm sure he would understand.
I bet this ol' lady-killer himself has done it a dozen times :party

Xguard
March 16, 2012, 09:34 PM
I really BELIEVE the King means ERZA. Because in the past when Lucy came to the fairy tail guild, almost everyone forgot the image of S rank fighter MiraJane. And now it's already passed for 7 YEARS! So no one can refer to MaraJane as an exciting fighter.
And with Elfman he's is not the famous one. He's only the replacement, and not S rank. Why does anyone can refer him as the interesting fighting match. Plus this transition chapter have much thing to do with Erza vs Bucchus, so I believe this match will be take place.

PS, what a pity Kana >//<. What a bastard Bucchus! WHY...WHY...Why you do this!! WHY...WHY....WHY YOU TOOK ONLY THE TOP PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5555+

shuha27
March 16, 2012, 10:37 PM
I doubt it if Charle's premonition has anything with Lucy being in the castle or her singing causing it to be destroyed. Usually Charle's vision were more like bits and pieces that'll happen. They're not directly linked to the main issue of what's happening. They are more like parts of what is happening like with Lucy's hand or Natsu crying in the previous arc. In the previous arc what Charle fortold didn't tell anything about Makarov being badly injured, dragon or Purehito. They're more like random pieces happening but doesn't tell that much.

You maybe right but this time Charle said she saw Lucy inside the Mercurius and in her surroundings it sorta looks like something is collapsing so this time I think her predicition is the real deal. Then again it's Mashima and he loves trolling his fans but I still believe Lucy will have a huge impact on this arc.

Atobe the king
March 17, 2012, 12:09 AM
Really fun for a transition chapter....Kana got owned...tbh i forgot about her lol. Glad nothing gets these guys down.

Idk but...I'm loving Laxus new demanor...and there was some Natsu X Lucy vibes i was getting...kinda cute. Mashima is really good at transition chapters

MONKEYS
March 17, 2012, 02:35 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/423714_10101105407471373_1200756_63135656_826660502_n.jpg
Good morning. This is waychanger, the Mangastream translator for Fairy Tail.

So, this is what a god sounds like :)

Anyway, chapter wise, I thought it was good (I'm still pretty annoyed about the last one...).
It seems fairly obvious that Bacchus and Erza are going to fight. I foresee Erza winning, or a draw occurring. I'd probably lean more towards Erza winning though, after her nakama power kicks in.

Still, it would be interesting in the event of Elfman or Mira fighting instead. Still, I see that as unlikely, Erza seems to be the only one who turns things around in the manga (out of those three).

Natsu will probably be involved in the non-battle event, and will kick ass (hopefully).

Arcadias is a strange one. I'm thinking he may be involved with Raven tail, seeing as every dark guild in Fairy tail is interested in Zeref, and he is also. On that note, I wonder where Zeref is now, as well as Rustyrose and Kain Hikaru (Rustyrose was pretty awesome, probably my third favourite of the GH, after Azuma and Bluenote).

Hopefully there will be some action in next weeks chapter.

KOrto
March 17, 2012, 05:25 AM
HS

Did annyone notice this :

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120316152947/fairytail/images/thumb/a/a5/275_-_Lucy_in_Carla%27s_vision.jpg/287px-275_-_Lucy_in_Carla%27s_vision.jpg

Look closely :

the hairstyle
the clothes

And now look at this picture/GIF (frome FT the movie who will be released in august)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvtf1iCGhi1r4ivxqo1_500.gif

Zeltrax
March 17, 2012, 06:11 AM
I'm quite sure lucy wore that clothing before this chapter.
About this chapter, it was pretty funny and good as always, mashima does chapters like this brilliantly
Bacchu is an interesting guy and I hope he lasts long :p and wow, that prize...:drool but eh, excessive fanservice again mashima.

Lucy and Gray scene had me wondering if it was a fake lucy :teehee
So this is fairy tail, the guild who always have fun! Guess I wasn't expecting them to be down either.

Did anyone notice that the king seems to be quite the funny guy? and I'm really expecting him to be someone totally unexpected.
He just sound like one grown up kid or something.

KOrto
March 17, 2012, 06:43 AM
I'm quite sure lucy wore that clothing before this chapter.

Indeed during three chapters,she wore that clothing !

this scene of destruction and lucy crying remind me the teaser of the new movie

Uriel
March 17, 2012, 06:59 AM
For a moment I thought the guy was yet another mage of Fairy Tail to be introduced and my reaction was bad. Thank gawd He is from Quatro Cerberus.
I mean...Drunk Fighting Style? Where is the magic in it?

And the Lucy+Gray thing...Mashima has gotten really good at trolling. The damn bastard ¬¬

Thanks waychanger for the clarification, now the chapter makes more sense.

Finally, I always follow Lucy's storytelling as the best thing of this manga. I really like that premonition of Charlie, I wonder if that song would be either to prevent the event or to cause it.
That song will be also related with the gift She received from his dad?

Could've done without the first half of the chapter, Second half was good though.......I'm gonna be honest though, this whole stand-in mage for Quatro Cerberus who uses a drunken fist fighting style smells alot like Yu Yu Hakusho's Dark Tournament. Alot.
Everyone bases their work on Togashi <3

Newkerzy
March 17, 2012, 08:14 AM
Good morning. This is waychanger, the Mangastream translator for Fairy Tail. Thank you for reading our releases; I hope you enjoy them. I personally enjoy reading the responses and discussion on the many different forums out there following our releases. Usually I just lurk, but occasionally I do respond to translation-related issues. I am posting this on several different forums.

I would like to make two comments regarding some of the discussion in this thread, as the same issues have been showing up on different forums.

First, regarding what the king says about the FT member that "transforms." I am aware of DF's translation, and I assert that our translation is (more) accurate. The relevant panel from the raw is above. The king uses the term 変身 (henshin), which means "to change" or "to transform" and I have translated it as such. By contrast, Erza's re-equipment magic is /always/ referred to as 換装 (hensou, literally, to change clothing/outfits, this is usually translated as re-equip). I think the distinction here is important, and given that I felt that equating the two terms in this panel was taking a rather significant liberty with the translation, the translation is as it is. Of course, the king (who appears to be not the sharpest tool in the shed) probably is referring to Erza (my personal interpretation), but a case could be made for Elfman (or one of his siblings as well). More on Elfman in my next paragraph.

Second, regarding the "Er... / Er..." lines. In Japanese, the king is actually saying エル/エル, which phonetically is Eru/Eru. I think he is spelling out a name - however, it is not /for certain/ Erza. I have to point out that there is no "L" sound in Japanese, so Erza is actually spelled out Eruza (エルザ) and Elfman is spelled out Erufuman (エルフマン). Eru can be the start of /either/ name. The king does not specify a gender when he refers to the FT member (he says 奴, which is often male, but could be a crude reference to a person of either gender). So, while in fact I personally agree with the majority of you who feel that he is spelling out Erza, it actually COULD be Elfman (although obviously I feel like the encounter between Erza and Bacchus in the chapter makes it pretty clear it's Erza). Fortunately, the way that I've translated it is intentionally vague (as some of you pointed out, he could just be stammering), but a future chapter will prove some of us correct and some of us wrong. Discussion and speculation is part of the fun of reading manga, no?

I hope this was helpful. I hope you enjoy the chapters to come!

While you're at it, there's something else I'd like to ask. Particularly the last page.

Charle said Lucy was "singing" something. But if I'm correct, there are two kanjis that have the same furigana/romaji but two different meanings. In this case, "utau" One Kanji translates as singing, but the other translates as "declare". Are you absolutely sure it's the former? if so, would you explain the differences?

ajith_sakthi
March 17, 2012, 10:53 PM
I think the next fight would be between Elfman and Bacchus since the emperor wanted to keep the best for latest. Going by that statement, Erza and Mirajane are pretty famous and would be rated as top 2 in Fairy tail B. So that leaves Elfman and Natsu. Natsu being a dragon slayer is also pretty powerful, so the emperor might be referring to Elfman here.
Also the sound of Er... indicates it might be Elfman or Erza.
I would like it if its Elfman. Since it will be testing of raw power so it will be an interesting match.

MechR
March 17, 2012, 11:20 PM
Elfman is supposed to fight on par (if not win yet, but wth for how long will they keep losing? I guess Natsu and Erza will win, because it's them) with someone of Erza's level +7 years? Ehh... The 2nd container has to be awesome then, bigger power up than I anticipated.
Elfman didn't get the Second Origin powerup anyway, just 3 months of actual training. I'm still betting he gets picked for the fight, but yeah, it's hard to see how he can stand a chance.

Poor Kana, everyone here seems to forget about her.

It is sad day for her, not only she lost in a drinking competitions but she lost her top to a drunk man.
Indeed. Now there's nothing she doesn't fail at :gwah

I mean...Drunk Fighting Style? Where is the magic in it?
Yeah, it makes me wonder what his actual magic is.

Ifrit
March 18, 2012, 12:03 AM
Yeah, it makes me wonder what his actual magic is.

Whatever its gonna be. It can't suck more than Hair and Tears magic....

REN KOUEN
March 18, 2012, 03:03 AM
i agree with ifirit

the majority of the new mages introduced this arc have been a dissapointment

Jorge D. Dragon
March 19, 2012, 06:55 AM
The chapter was ok. It's really interesting to see in action the guy who was on par with Elza all the time.:) It would be interesting to see them fighting against each other. Hope we'll get to see Natsu and Gajeel fighting against other two Dragonslayers sooner.:)
About the premonition... Well, nothing new. We guessed that something will happen and big all-out battle will break out. It's interesting to see who is the big baddy behind the scenes. Hope it isn't just Ivan as I believe that it would be more interesting if he had some strong allies, cause there are tons of guilds and mages present at the Tournament.

matzik1212
March 19, 2012, 10:42 AM
Actually i personally am only interested in the other 2 dragon slayer from Sabertooth , Sting and Rogue . Oh and also in Bacchus 'cause being on pair with Erza means he's gotta be good :XD Oh and he KOed Kana in drinking :amuse
RT was a big disappointment for me , they are only lowlifes , cheaters so not interested :-_-

liductan
March 19, 2012, 03:59 PM
Well, I think it's obvious, that it will be Erza....I'm going 100%, there were context clues in this chapter, that made it very obvious....

Forsaken6
March 20, 2012, 06:09 AM
I was trying to connect the last page in chapter 274 and Charle's premonition...so
Lucy will die?
Levy McGarded seems to dedicate the story to someone who's no more alive
and we see in Charle's premonition Lucy involved in a big trouble...:gwah
what do ou think about it?

PS
Sorry for my bad english...

Darjaille
March 20, 2012, 06:33 AM
I was trying to connect the last page in chapter 274 and Charle's premonition...so
Lucy will die?
Levy McGarded seems to dedicate the story to someone who's no more alive
and we see in Charle's premonition Lucy involved in a big trouble...:gwah
what do ou think about it?

PS
Sorry for my bad english...

Even if it can seem so (I don't really know what to make out of it), in the end the premonitions never work out. She won't die DIE.

-----------------
And sorry about before, yes Elfman was training, no Ultear power up >_<

REN KOUEN
March 20, 2012, 09:51 AM
The chapter was ok. It's really interesting to see in action the guy who was on par with Elza all the time.:) It would be interesting to see them fighting against each other. Hope we'll get to see Natsu and Gajeel fighting against other two Dragonslayers sooner.:)
About the premonition... Well, nothing new. We guessed that something will happen and big all-out battle will break out. It's interesting to see who is the big baddy behind the scenes. Hope it isn't just Ivan as I believe that it would be more interesting if he had some strong allies, cause there are tons of guilds and mages present at the Tournament.
i agree that i am interested in this bacchus guy, but i dont want it to lead to an entire chapter of flashbacks, hopefully any flashbacks will be kept brief and to the point and not hog up a large portion of the chapter

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Well, I think it's obvious, that it will be Erza....I'm going 100%, there were context clues in this chapter, that made it very obvious....

yes and something tells me that there is something special to be revealed about lucy, and her mother in this chapter, they are no normal mages in my opinion we will find out alot more about lucy after this arc

Marche
March 20, 2012, 03:31 PM
Regarding the title of the next chapter:
I believe that the title for the next chapter, “chariot”, refers to what will happened on the second contest.
From this chapter seem that in the next contest will participate Natsu and Gajeel http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/275/3.
I believe that “chariot” refers to the title of the next contest,
The English is not my home language, so I was helped by Google translator.
From the translation I believe that this mean a vehicle.

I after some research on the internet I have found the definition in English of chariot.
I believe that in our case the best definition is this “a light, two-wheeled vehicle for one person, usually drawn by two horses and driven from a standing position, used in ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, etc., in warfare, racing, hunting, etc”.

In fact I believe that the contest will be a race using some vehicles.
Obviously there will not be any animals to tow the partecipants, I believe that they will use their own magic, just like happened here http://www.mangareader.net/135-7127-15/fairy-tail/chapter-12.html (perhaps will be the same vehicles).

Before of this chapter I thought on the contest the match between Fairy Tail team A and Fairy Tail team B would follow one of these two scenarios http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/268/4 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/270/8.
But to tell the truth right now I believe that these could be a mix of this.
In fact I believe that we will have “Gazille - Natsu” and “Luxus – Lucy”, but then we will have “Mira – Erza”, while Gerard and Elfman will not participate in any contest (obviously if there will not a contest that will include two partecipants for each team).

Natsu could participate on the contest because perhaps the hint, the word key will be vague, from it Natsu and the other will not be realize that will be involved some vehicles (perhaps the word key will be “race”).

But there is also the possibility that he will be caused by Gazille or more probability by Sting.

If this will happened I believe that Natsu will be in the last place, he will not be able to even start.
In fact I believe that he will be with Gray in the tag team battle against Sting and Rufus, and they will win.

In fact I was sure that this would happened since the end of the first contest (I was sure that Lucy would have lose, also if I hoped in a different way and that Natsu would have participate in the second contest and end in the last place).

While for Gazille I believe that he will took a good place, in fact also if I don’t believe that he will not take the first place (I believe that first will be Sting), I believe that he will took the second or at least third place.

I believe this because I don’t think we will have only a race, I believe that the mages could use their own magic for stop or at least slow down the other partecipants, and I believe that Gajeel magic could be really useful, he could use his swords, the one who used against Fairy Tail building http://www.mangareader.net/135-7162-2/fairy-tail/chapter-47.html.

Bucchus and the king:
I believe that Bacchus is truly interesting, I really like that he fight with the drunk-syle, I believe that his fight will be similar to that of Rock Lee against Kimmimaro in Naruto or like that of Chu in Yu Yu Hasakusho.

From the conversation between the king and the squadron chief seem that the king wants that one between Erza or Eflman will fight Bacchus.
Also if perhaps the king wanted Erza I believe that he will fight Elfman.

In fact both of them use brutal strength, they did not use weapons or spirit.
I believe that the result of the battles between Bucchus and Elfman will depend from the result of the contest.
In fact if Natsu will participate to the second contest and will end in 8th place I don’t think that Elfman will lose, because I can’t see Fairy Tail team A have still 0 points even after the 2nd day.

For this I believe that this will end in a draw (I believe that there will be some draw in the battles), but perhaps Elfman could even win (if this will happened there will be the possibility that Bacchus will participate even in the contest).

If the battles will end in a draw Elfman could be satisfied from the result, because I believe that Bacchus is really a famous mages counting the fact that even the king himself knows who he is.
So this result in someway could prove to the crow/audience that Fairy Tail is not to week, could be the first step in this direction.
If Elfman will be satistifed by the result then he could give back his place to Wendy in the
fifth day of the tournament (also if in the truth after what has been said here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/267/6 I believe that will be 7th day, because I think that between the 4th and 5th day there will be two where there will not be anything, the partecipants would rest).

But if Elfman will not be satisfied from the result Wendy could take the place of Natsu or Gray.
In fact afer his win on Sting Natsu could be satisfied.
Instead Gray between his win of Rufus and Natsu’s victory on Sting, Gray could be attacked, defeated and badly injured by Sting himself.
If this will happened I hope that Lluvia will defeat Nelputing and perhaps even Sting for Gray.

I hope that Bacchus in the fifth day of the tournament could fight Erza, and defeat her utterly.

P.S: I was forgetting to write that I don’t think that Cana will participate to the contest in search of revenge against Bacchus, also if perhaps she will see the contest with the others, and perhaps her humiliation for Bacchus hand could give power/motivation to Elfman.
I believe this because in fact I think that Cana will get his revenge in antother drinking contest.
In fact just as was for the loss of Gerard and Lucy, Bacchus has cheated in fact Cana had drunk the whole day, while Bacchus was completely fine.

P.P.S: I was forgetting another thing, and that after this chapter (in the truth I already thought this) I believe that the king is not involved in the plan of that white knight, he did not know it.

I have other things to write but I will post in in another post if I will have enough time.