PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 339 Discussion [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2

Gold Knight
January 19, 2007, 06:48 AM
The latest chapter of Naruto is finally out! If you go here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13907.0) you will be able to find every thing that you need.

Also here is the link where the prediction thread and the discussion threads change: End of Predictions, start of Discussion (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13485.msg298328#msg298328)

Enjoy!

:amuse

Raseru
January 19, 2007, 06:53 AM
Lol, I didn't mind the quality, as long as I have my Naruto chapter...

Prediction-wise: Things look grim for Hidan. Even he looked like it was the end for him. Next chapter, we'll get to see Futon: Rasengan in all it's glory!

Thank you so much The Touch for the long-awaited RAW

mars0103
January 19, 2007, 06:53 AM
plz say thats is the last of hidan (2 down 8 to go)

razor
January 19, 2007, 07:19 AM
hidan =>the weakest akatsuki members(no others jutsu than the voodoo jutsu:).
my next prediction:-

hidan dead
kakuzu dead
the all head back to kanoha while akatsuki leader getting more angry because they lost two more members.so he send another akatsuki(new one,yeah!)to settle with kanoha.
make the plan(to conqueror world) faster because the more they wait,the more members will die(hhahaha
sorry......but all is my prediction) :)

Rokudaime Hokage
January 19, 2007, 07:45 AM
The next chapter will be only Yamato and Kakashi talking...and Godaime remembering about seeing Narutos 50% Jutsu...
a little fighting between Naruto and Kakuzu but no Futon: Rasengan untill 340 or 350 ? or even 400... I'm so disappointed about not seeing any Futon: Rasengan.

okyatoks
January 19, 2007, 08:04 AM
It seems Hidan would live... just like Deidara survived from the attacks of Naruto...
I think we might see more fights between Shika and Hidan, plus we'll see the true power of Hidan... a lot more chapters will be spent here as Sai and Sakura will be joining the fray...

Maybe, there will be glimpses of Naruto's fight with Kakuzo...

:scry .... (I wish 339 is already here...) :scry

TechnoMagus
January 19, 2007, 08:08 AM
well its safe to say that smoke from from explosion clears and naruto will have produced shadow clones and sakura and sai reach shikamaru.

for the next chapter, i still want hidan's head surviving and squirming with his mouth plastered by an explosive tag to be dragged by pakkun back to the kakuzu fight and eventual interrogation by ibiki.

laughing@you
January 19, 2007, 08:23 AM
Prediction thread people keep it clean.

I see Naruto owning kakuzu in an excellent battle. Kishimoto will show us what 50% of the jutsu can do!!

Sai and sakura will find shikamaru covering the hole he made. Shikamaru will turn around and yell don't just stand there help me is a pretty big hole!!! He starts cursing why did made such a big hole!!! I just want to stare at the clouds!!! LOL!!

sh0jin
January 19, 2007, 08:23 AM
If hidan is dead and kakuzo gets killed where does the storyline progress to? Kakuzo has to die or else they will be a pattern when fighting the akatsuki, one dies the other loses a limb or gains an injruy and runs. All i can remember why the konoha team were after the akatsuki was because of the attack on the fire temple. Ok fine, the team kills the bad guys but where now. The only leads i see is the "king piece" that asuma told shika about, or the bald scarred guy that ibiki is interrogating whom might have some useful information. But how will that be important to finding and saving sasuke? Maybe i'm underrating the whole "king piece" but how dramatic could it be?
Its a given that within the next few chapters, naruto is going to training to 100 capacity and that some sort of politics will occur within the background with the senpais and hokage.

Yondaime Uzumaki
January 19, 2007, 08:24 AM
I predict that we will see a whole new naruto when he goes up against kakuzu. I also think he should fight by himself to show some type of growth because so far we haven't seen as much growth as we had hoped for.

mrgodai
January 19, 2007, 08:40 AM
Prediction:

Amazing fight between Naruto, Yamato, and Kakuzu,
Kakuzu still manage to kick some serious butt

we'll see hidan live even after blown to pieces.

Shika drops him into the hole, and the shadows inside the hole binds Hidan as if they were alive (bc ancestral land)

shika buries Hidan alive for eternity.

razor
January 19, 2007, 08:46 AM
I really agree with okyatoks.the reason why sai and sakura come to help shika because hidan surely not dead yet and a real power of hidan will appear.yeah!!.hidan will show himself that his real body is not that body.or something like that.So,hidan will show us a true power of akatsuki(Percentage=80%)

Orange Sharingan
January 19, 2007, 08:48 AM
I think Naruto will handle Kakuzu by himself. This'll be Naruto's triumphant moment. He'll be Konoha's new "Sasuke"; the guy that all his peers want to fight because he demonstrated true power. Just look at the fierceness in his eyes.

Donils
January 19, 2007, 09:05 AM
Hidan is finished. Kishimoto can't make that anymore final.

Naruto will handle Kakuzu and hold his own at first.

Shika passes out and Sai flies him back to Konoha. Sakura heads back to Naruto.

When he sees Sakura arrive back, Kakuzu will realize that Hidan just got pwned and get really angry. We still haven't seen that temper of Kakuzu's yet.

Things look bad for Konoha as Kakuzu is kicking ass. End of chapter.

Orange Sharingan
January 19, 2007, 09:10 AM
Nah. Kakuzu is going by down. Naruto has this one.
If Kakazu throws on a rage, Naruto will counter it with his no-tailed form.

Felcis
January 19, 2007, 09:50 AM
I agree with Donil, Hidan is finished. It would be just too disappointing and stupid if he would "survive" even THAT! It doesn´t mean that he is weak, it´s just that is enemy (Shika) knew too well about his abilities and made great preperations.

I think Sakura and Sai are just going to help Shika, because otherwise it would be too easy for the team to beat Kakuzu...7vs1 is just too much and would make the fight too chaotic. :blink

About the next chapter....I guess it will be more of a talking chapter...not much figting and no dramatic situations. The real battle will begin in 340 or so.

Dice
January 19, 2007, 10:48 AM
My prediction:
There will be some flashbacks (Naruto's training) and much talking in the next chapter and maybe the fight between Kakuzu and the others will start. But I hope Naruto isn't able to kill im all alone. Mhh and maybe we'll see a strange head in a certain hole yelling and swearing....

playbychris
January 19, 2007, 11:05 AM
Well i think that Hidan will survive by transforming into something.(it would be too lame if he only has the cursing ability so he has to survive and then show a new jutsu or summnoning)

Koen
January 19, 2007, 11:13 AM
I think we will see a bit of shika after the fight with hidan and sakura and sai arriving. Will we see naruto fighting kakuzu, maybe a bit but I hope naruto has learned something new. I am expecting something from that genius.

ANBU4U
January 19, 2007, 12:21 PM
Its somewhat annoying that the first thing the all new Naruto does is make Shadow Clones....

My prediction....more shadow clones...and more shadowclones....and more shadowclones. Until one of them gets lucky.

Maybe some wind.

HisshouBuraiKen
January 19, 2007, 12:26 PM
I predict Sakura and Sai help Shikamaru fill in the hole :P

And that Hidan will be nothing but a head missing part of its jaw, and all it can do is roll around and make gurgling screams.

bennibb
January 19, 2007, 12:31 PM
Dont know if this is posted. But the Akatsuki ring seems to be special. Orochimaru changed body to escape it it seems. Same with Deidara and Sasori.
So, my point.
If Hidan is trapped forever, I guess that Akatsuki can track the ring somehow. So Kakuzu is dead (i think and hope). Hidan burried, but rescued from his members (who I think would easily escape the Nara clan protecting the forrest)

Im not so sure if this is a good prediction, but its something to think about. The ring part atleast

ShadowStrike
January 19, 2007, 12:42 PM
Sai and Sakura aren't sent to help Shikamaru for nothing. Probably I think Sai might somehow save Shikamaru to give a better impression of himself. Sakura has had her moment so I think she's just gonna heal or talk about some weak spot. Hidan will play his last card next issue!

Meanwhile, Kakashi and Yamato see how strong Naruto has become. Chouji's job as a defensive guy is probably done. Ino has done nothing useful but switching with a bird body so we might see something from her. If Yamato fights Kakuzu, it will be like the 1st Hokage vs the Akatsuki. Next: Kage bushin no jutsu!

crazytaichi
January 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
Yup, Hidan isn't coming back after getting blown into tiny pieces. But wouldn't you think Kukazu would've clued in who "Naruto" was since he was warned of "running into" him. I sense this next fight will drag on for at least 3+ chapters.

Toad Sage
January 19, 2007, 12:44 PM
A lot has been posted on the significance of the rings over in the Akatsuki section of mangahelpers, both in the mega convo and some specific threads Bennibb.

I predict Hidan is not finished yet! My feeling is two battles are going to run in parallel. I base my prediction on the iron laws of television-nothing is done without a purpose. So, applied to this situation, we see Sakura and Sai heading off to aid Shikamaru. My TV predictability guide book tells me they wouldn't be heading there unless the author felt they would be needed. I think Shikamaru has simply pushed Hidan to the point where he must pull out all the stops in order to win, similar to what Sassori did in the battle against Chio and Sakura. Otherwise Sakura and Sai would arrive only to realize they have to turn around and help Naruto, and from a story telling point of view, I don't think that is likely.

I also predict Naruto is going to own for a chapter or two. I don't think Kakuzu is going to be a push over, but it's been a LONG building up to Naruto's big moment in action. I think we may finally be ready to see what Naruto can really do, especially after that "I'll handle it from here remark" from Naruto. Some brave words when you consider who his opponent is.

Natan
January 19, 2007, 12:46 PM
Its somewhat annoying that the first thing the all new Naruto does is make Shadow Clones....

well maybe this time he will really use them, because the kage bushin that he did so far are like paper dolls, such good jutsu so misused, it's almost a sin.

theshizzle
January 19, 2007, 01:04 PM
Shika will roll up a cigarette with the pieces left of Hidan and smoke it and become evil. I have a feeling the Akatsuki will recruit a member from konohagure

llamapie
January 19, 2007, 01:14 PM
Well we learn that Naruto hasnt mastered the technique from the translations released and that he simply is strong enough as is to deal with kaku.. What an awesome chapter though.. Hidan is dead, we see that conventional means to harm him but dont kill him. That many explosive tags will leave nothing of his body and his head is doomed to stay in that hole. The akatsuki won't bother rescuing someone who cant beat a Chounin but they may wish to retrieve that ring he does have, which is why theyre so hell bent on killing oro and why theyre stuck with 8 members. Then again the rings could just be symbols, but honestly who here after that dramatic ending with asuma showing up and Shika tossing the ciggarette wouldn't think hidan is dead? He has to be.

As for the next chapter. Sakura and Sai show up amazed that shika was able to beat him and simply pick him up and go back to watch Naruto finish off kakuzu.

Shika will roll up a cigarette with the pieces left of Hidan and smoke it and become evil. I have a feeling the Akatsuki will recruit a member from konohagure

Lmao.. all I can say. ANyways We do know that Hidan feals pain, so maybe shika will get Akamaru to knaw on his head a bit.

USC Trojans
January 19, 2007, 01:32 PM
While the battle between Shika and Hidan is over (there's no way Kishi can justify Hidan not dying again), I think we'll see Hidan again in the next chapter...whether its Sai and Sakura coming just in time to see Hidan's chunky bits, or a cut scene later on with Zetsu going to Hidan's hole to collect the ring. Either way, we'll see Hidan one last time for closure.

As for Kakuzu's battle, I think Naruto will prep Fuuton Rasengan, but since the setup time is so slow, Kakuzu will strike first, and Yamato and Kakashi are forced to try to distract him. After a bit of maneuvering, they set it up perfectly for Naruto to deal a blow to one of Kakuzu's hearts.

Right before impact, it cuts back to Shikamaru, Sakura, and Sai river dancing on top of Hidan's grave. Chapter ends.

hansg
January 19, 2007, 01:57 PM
yea i certainly agree with the rest who said hidan's gone for good.

hopefully we'll see naruto do some awesome things with his kage bushin (which he hasn't been doing). I dunno, maybe use it differently or something. ORRRRR make each of the kage bushins he create do a rasengan? :p

I expect a introduction to kakuzu and naruto's fight next chapter, all that after a few frames of shika doing whatever he has to do with what's left of hidan. The End.

juUnior
January 19, 2007, 02:02 PM
I agree with evryone on the aspect of Hidan and his death.. If he will surivive that (i mean action which happend with Shika, his talking with Asuma and that whole superb secene with cigarettes) it will be the most pathetic fro Kishi :x So i think his dead, and looking on that next chapter will be better action on Kakuzu vs Naruto and Yamato mostly, i think. That's all.

TechnoMagus
January 19, 2007, 02:03 PM
I predict Sakura and Sai help Shikamaru fill in the hole :P

And that Hidan will be nothing but a head missing part of its jaw, and all it can do is roll around and make gurgling screams.

modifying and elaborating my earlier pred...

finally an ally with hidan's head surviving...thanks hissou...although for me i have the jaw intact, with Hidan screaming incentives and about losing the ring (thanks for reminding me folks). Shika really gets irritated and stuffs a lighted cigarette into Hidan's mouth (thank again for the cigarette idea...) before plastering with another explosive tag which forces Hidan to swallow the cig. Shika then threatens to blow his remaining body part.

Shika takes care of the hole, the body remnants and the ring. When backup comes, he urges everyone to leave since nobody should be there and asking pakkun to drag Hidan's head since "it's too troublesome." I really want Hidan to go this way 'coz he's really annoying and this ending suits his character very much. That explosion is too lame for me :smile-big.

With Naruto, after generating his clones and some chit-chat I really hope to see some "BASIC" wind manipulation fighting (which he learned he could already use while fighting when cutting the waterfall--why is everyone so hyped with the fuuton: rasengan?) which I want to hear animated with lightsaber sound effects :smile-big.

Loginus
January 19, 2007, 02:21 PM
i think Naruto's new technique will be an sword which can grow and bend

ikuroi
January 19, 2007, 02:36 PM
Why I know that Sakura and Sai was the one who got send there,

1. Sakura will heal Shikamaru

2. Sai will figure out Hidans jutsu, and "steal" or start using it himself... remember his book, where he uses each foes jutsu for himself... got say something about his skills.

kyubisharingan
January 19, 2007, 03:02 PM
i predict next chapter we see naruto kicking Kakuzu's ass. He sure dose look like he can beat him..

ANBU4U
January 19, 2007, 03:48 PM
Why I know that Sakura and Sai was the one who got send there,

1. Sakura will heal Shikamaru

2. Sai will figure out Hidans jutsu, and "steal" or start using it himself... remember his book, where he uses each foes jutsu for himself... got say something about his skills.

Why would Sakura do that? He's not hurt. In fact unless im mistaken he doesnt have a scratch on him. The blood on his face wasnt his.....Kakashi protected him from all of Kakuzu's attacks unless I missed something he's just running a bit low on chakra. WHich Sakura cant help him with...unless hse has soildger pills. She should save her chakra for healing someones whos actually injured.....or fighting....but I doubt either she or Sai will do so much as one Jutsu.

macchonk
January 19, 2007, 04:23 PM
u know what..... I'm thinking that naruto might has a super speed move...
something like he can switch body with his kage bunshin..... just likes YONDAIME HOKAGE...
i don't think yondaimes training to combine rasengan and wind nature gain nothing....
at least i believe YONDAIME gain something like naruto...
if im not mistaken at kakashi gaiden... one of YONDAIMEs pupil.. say something like "body switch technique" witch is so fast.... that make ppl call him yellow flash... and i believe it's related with kage bunshin..... i hope naruto have that move also... it would be so cooollll....[br]Posted on: January 19, 2007, 04:10:45 PM_________________________________________________i mean "body flicker technique"....
and beside... I' curious....
what is narutos 2nd nature...
i mean.... just like Asuma sensei... he has wind nature and fire nature...
and most of the ppl has 2 nature...
i'm curious what is his 2nd nature........

GPZrag
January 19, 2007, 04:28 PM
u know what..... I'm thinking that naruto might has a super speed move...
something like he can switch body with his kage bunshin..... just likes YONDAIME HOKAGE...
i don't think yondaimes training to combine rasengan and wind nature gain nothing....
at least i believe YONDAIME gain something like naruto...
if im not mistaken at kakashi gaiden... one of YONDAIMEs pupil.. say something like "body switch technique" witch is so fast.... that make ppl call him yellow flash... and i believe it's related with kage bunshin..... i hope naruto have that move also... it would be so cooollll....[br]Posted on: January 19, 2007, 04:10:45 PM_________________________________________________i mean "body flicker technique"....
and beside... I' curious....
what is narutos 2nd nature...
i mean.... just like Asuma sensei... he has wind nature and fire nature...
and most of the ppl has 2 nature...
i'm curious what is his 2nd nature........

naaaaaaaaaaa everybody has only 1 afinity however it doesnt mean you can't master another element besides yours that's why kakashi has lightining, water, doton so far...

grim jao
January 19, 2007, 04:48 PM
there is no way hidan is dead without kishi giving us his back story my prediction hidan survives because of zetsu or another akatsuki member or he finnally unleashes a new power

someguyudontknow
January 19, 2007, 05:08 PM
Hidan is not dead! Shika means to trap Hidan in that forest for all eternity. =) Naruto looks like he was going to whoop some ass, and I predict he will. Finally we'll see Naruto with some power, he needs to have a clear victory! not a "close call". He seems to keep having only those kind of battles, where anyone could've been the victor and he just luckily has the "most" determination.

Poisok
January 19, 2007, 05:12 PM
My prediction is that we will mainly see the fight between Naruto and Kakuzu. I hope Naruto shows us some of what he learned with Jiraya in the first place, cause if you come to think of it, we haven't seen much yet. I also hope that Sai get's more action, but I'm not shure this will happen in the next chapter.

Toad Sage
January 19, 2007, 05:41 PM
I want to add to my prediction Aznhotbod's idea that Sakura and Sai arriving on consecrated Naru territory will somehow mess up the containment process and allow Hidan an opportunity to escape.

bennibb
January 19, 2007, 05:49 PM
Wel, as I said before (with the rings and all). I beleve that Hidan survives. Unless they figure out his Immortality hes gonna be found by Akautsuki. IF hes dead for real, then I beleve Kakuzu is gonna make it. Hiding a heart or something. My prediction stand (even if that didnt come down on my earlyer post) that atleast 1 survives. And this time its Naruto's time to to kill a member (while Sakura is away). Next time Sasuke has to show those whos boss :blink

One of them gonna tell Deidara or confirm her warning to the next idiots that tries to go against Naruto and his friends

sozo91
January 19, 2007, 06:38 PM
q

I see Naruto owning kakuzu in an excellent battle. Kishimoto will show us what 50% of the jutsu can do!!

When Yamato said that Naruto was completely different from before, I believe that this meant that naruto wasn't simply just trying to apply full Rasengan and a full Futon. Rather, I believe that from number one suprise ninja, Naruto will apply his own variations of the technique. Why would Yamato be in utter amazement otherwise? Plus, next chapter will probably be a recollection of Naruto's training. After all, we have no idea what happened except that a giant hole was created.

When Naruto said that he could take on Kakazu, this meant two things: he is impulsive or he is confident. If he was impulsive like he was in the past, he would have clearly see some emotions of foolishness and a blatant carefree attitude. However, this was not the case. This means that Naruto knows and is absolutely certain that Kakazu will die

Naruto saw that Kakashi was incredibly hurt from Kakazu. If Kakazu can beat Kakashi and if Naruto can probably fight on par or better with Kakazu, this means that Naruto probably surpassed Kakashi in skill level. Other than probably Tsunade and Jirarya, Naruto will then probably be the third best ninja in the village. This is all assumptions, however, and is highly improbable.

Uchiha Slayer
January 19, 2007, 06:43 PM
Damnnnn...I have never seen naruto look so confident. He really looks like he want get rid of those akutsuki members.

My prediction is:

SAY GOODBYE TO HIDAN AND HELLO TO NARUTO...

macchonk
January 19, 2007, 06:44 PM
lol... if hidan still alive... i feel bad for Asuma.....
i mean..... loll... his trying to act cool. when shika about to kill hidan....
is that mean Asuma's shadow need to show up again... saying.... uh. good luck shika..
it though hidan was dead... so i was show myself up... acting cool...
LOL!!!!!!

DarkManSharingan32
January 19, 2007, 06:46 PM
I am hoping Kishimoto isn't developing new ways to waste characters...
So, Sakura and Sai will arrive to a recovering Shikamaru (who should be nearly spent from Chakra use).
We may see a hint of Zetsu at the end of the chapter... but who knows. (He BETTER show up, and force Sai and Sakura to team up...Zetsu gets what he needs then retreats.)
---

This chapter will be mostly about Naruto.
Mainly showcasing his new style, Naruto will launch a good assalt on Kakuzu. But don't think that will last for long. We know that Naruto is only about 50% through his jutsu (which means in the last hours or so...Naruto hasnt advanced the level of his Kazengan.) Which means that Naruto will eventually hit a wall...and that will allow Kakuzu to gain a bit of an advantage.

Sentou Ryoku
January 19, 2007, 07:26 PM
The last time this many Konoha nins together was way back during the 1st chuunin exam. Hopefully Akatsuki backup arrives and a slim chance for Ino & Chouji to do something. That, or Naruto hogs the spotlight til they all get back to Konohagakure.

ikuroi
January 19, 2007, 07:40 PM
Is it just me who remembers the whole shougi thing, that the knight piece would be "lost" if he took either the bishop or the rook out. Another thing, the explosion was huge, don't expect Shika not to be hurt by it.

So Sakura will have to heal him.

atal
January 19, 2007, 08:47 PM
Shikamaru checkmate the moron of hidad lol like i predict. AND the moster of kakuzu haaaaa\let Naruto show his truly power beleve!! Remember the true story of this manga is the relationship of the Naruto team and the dream they want realize

godofthesunn
January 19, 2007, 09:03 PM
I predict that we change scenes and go back to konoha for a recap... jk .. Actually I'm hoping to see the end of this fight. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that hidan will never be of anymore use to akutsuki. Since shikamaru blew his body to peices all that will reamain is a something close to a skeleton, Maybe. Then the grass akustsuki guy will come along and take the ring back from his finger but leave him be since kazaku will be dead and no longer able to heal him, Kazaku will undoubtedly die in the next few chapters, or maybe a new twist will be introduced,

dmac
January 19, 2007, 09:50 PM
since it seems that hidan's head will be buried in the hole, wat if zetsu finds him and digs him up and they get a new body for him and shika will PAY!!

Hunter_zaz
January 19, 2007, 10:44 PM
Possibility why Sai is sent there is so that after all battles are resolved. Sai reports to the roots old man and they goes and digs up the head to ... interogate? use to fight for him? etc . I did find it weird how after it showed Sakura and Sai going there, Shikamaru seems to have such a convincing victory. But the Asuma memories... Kishimoto probably just wants to show some of Naruto's skills. As there is Yamato sauing big things and stuff. If N aruto wins, can he say he has surpassed Kakashi.

cinamax
January 19, 2007, 11:00 PM
Hi. Great site. First time poster. I will try to predict and entertain.

Hidan is obviously done for. When Captain A.'s ghost shows up it says this is over. However, Zetsu will show up as usual. Hidan will think Zetsu found him trapped in the underground shadows to save him, but instead Zetsu takes Hidan's ring and say goodbye sucker. Hidan's head is then trapped forever until maybe some idiot ambu root member digs him up on old man's request and then Hidan will take over the ambu root member's body with a jutsu from his head.

Kakuzu is again underestimating the leaf nins. He does not heed Akatsuki leader's advise, which is not to underestimate. Kakuzu will die here similar to the pattern before the tougher Akatsuki nin dies and the leader selects a new member. Once they show all their crafts in manga the villian dies. Kakuzu fight might drag a bit, but he'll ultimately be defeated by Yamato restraining his power with wood jutsu while Naruto lauches his ultimate attack. Kakuzu moves too fast to take a death hit so he has to be restricted somehow.

There ya go I hope it was a fun read.

crialix
January 20, 2007, 12:34 AM
haha just my idea, if kakuzu takes hindan's heart then kakuzu will become immortal
anyway, my prediction goes, hidan is blown up to pieces n trapped in the hole forever,
zetsu shows up, confront the group but only takes the ring and leave,
naruto fight kakuzu, interesting match n get his butt kicked but saved by yamato
yamato n the rest play support role

phoenixz
January 20, 2007, 12:47 AM
hmmmm wut happen if hidan's head is chop in half? or if his head is burn to ashes?!?!? muhahaha

Hunter_zaz
January 20, 2007, 02:00 AM
Shikamaru spent time digging a hole for a reason! If it was the be all and end all for Hidan defo period, why did they do the whole thing? Was Asuma in it? Would you like to share your grave with the person who killed you. Maybe, itll be like that simpsons: itchy and scratchy episode. tiny tiny pieces. Then Shikamaru inhales. Hidan with shadow skills as well vs Sai and Sakura. Was he that pretty to begin with? He probably chose a good looking body. Maybe his skill requires someone to perform the ritual of killing him. It will be like. Aha you planned ahead to dig a hole, but I had planned to have this ritual happen when there is no hope left. Kinda like Captain Ginew of DBZ fame.

darkstar7
January 20, 2007, 03:21 AM
Is it just me who remembers the whole shougi thing, that the knight piece would be "lost" if he took either the bishop or the rook out. Another thing, the explosion was huge, don't expect Shika not to be hurt by it.

good call there, but wouldn't it be a stupid scenario for shika to stand there all cool, get the spiritual talk from asuma, take a drag of his cigarette, flick it all cool like...and then be an idiot who's caught in the blast he created?
i agree shika will have some healing to do, but not from his own blast (if he can think 200 steps ahead, it'd be pretty pathetic for that to happen to him...BUT FUNNY!!!)
shika will be licking his wounds for a while just from fighting with hidan

anyway, a lotta people have been sayin that hidan's not dead (because if he was, it'd be useless for kishi to write in sai and sakura going to aid him)

what i think is that hidan IS dead (see all previous posts regarding the dramatic asuma avenged spirit moment),
but sai and sakura going to backup shika STILL has a purpose!

as ikuroi said about the shogi (i have NO idea if that even still applies at this point) the king sits behind the rook, which was hidan.

why i'm excited is assuming that the enemy king refers to the AK leader, i think he may show up next chapter (not to fight but to have some kind of brief verbal/physical exchange with shika, sai, and sakura).

this way, 1) the shougi theme is finally completed
2) sai and sakura have their purpose
3) hidan really IS dead (or immobilized forever) and
4) the whole asuma spirit moment is not completely cheapened

Toad Sage
January 20, 2007, 03:52 AM
Yah, that Asuma appearance is super important. I regret my initial predictions (Hidan living) after thinking of it more carefully.

Koen
January 20, 2007, 04:30 AM
okay, hidan is not dead but the hole he is falling in will be a dark sheadow hole where he will never escape from unless someone from the outside will help (think we will see that progress of that hole locking hidan in the next chapter). Kakuzu will start to fight with naruto (but that will be the end of the chapter).

Someone is watching all this - zetsu

bax
January 20, 2007, 05:22 AM
One thing for sure, the next chapter, I'm itching to see what happened to Kakuzu. I mean, Kakuzu is still cursed by Hidan, so, if Hidan is blown up, will Kakuzu too? If not, it may proof that Hidan's curse is based on time limit.

Bleh my bad...Totally forgot about that ceremonial ring.. Thanx for reminding me >.>

And most of the chapter will focus on Naruto. Hidan's blowing up looks like a cliffhanger to me. Kakuzu will gain the upper hand for the first part, but not for long. And Yamato would probably remind Kakuzu on his fight against Shodai. Maybe a page of two flashbacks on the fight.

thejackass98
January 20, 2007, 06:16 AM
One thing for sure, the next chapter, I'm itching to see what happened to Kakuzu. I mean, Kakuzu is still cursed by Hidan, so, if Hidan is blown up, will Kakuzu too? If not, it may proof that Hidan's curse is based on time limit.

And most of the chapter will focus on Naruto. Hidan's blowing up looks like a cliffhanger to me. Kakuzu will gain the upper hand for the first part, but not for long. And Yamato would probably remind Kakuzu on his fight against Shodai. Maybe a page of two flashbacks on the fight.
even though kakuzu is still cursed by hidan it will not have any effect since he is not in his circle thing

prediction: we will mostly see a naruto fight begin and posibly see what he might have learned from the futon rasengan training other than the jutsu itself

BRIONICMAN
January 20, 2007, 06:18 AM

The curse only applies when hidan is in that ceremonial circle.

Hunter_zaz
January 20, 2007, 06:24 AM
With shadow clones, I can see maybe in a circle around an enmey and using wind affinity to cause a tornado/hurricane.

Omi
January 20, 2007, 07:59 AM
When was the last time Naruto showed this level of confidence? Fighting Gaara. We will see Naruto show us a small part of what he is capable of (huge chakra reserves + useful jutsus = something I can't even imagine ... I'm beginning to see/fear what Kabuto saw before the preliminary rounds of the Chuunin exam).

I say Naruto doesn't use Fuuton Rasengan anymore in this battle and trounces Kakuzu (possibly showing us his ability to manipulate more elements -- he does have the advantage of a 999 member research team even if he is focused on something else).

ophidial
January 20, 2007, 08:34 AM
The curse only applies when hidan is in that ceremonial circle.

also notice that he isn't in skeletal mode....
anyways imo hidan ain't dead, but his entire body is probably
destroyed with no possible way of repairing it.

bloodrage
January 20, 2007, 09:19 AM
since it seems that hidan's head will be buried in the hole, wat if zetsu finds him and digs him up and they get a new body for him and shika will PAY!!

if kazuz dies there is no one to stitch it back on for him

Yondaime Uzumaki
January 20, 2007, 10:37 AM
I see Naruto handing out some fresh ass-whippings. If he knows kakashi isn't strong enough to beat kakuzu and still wants to fight by himself that obviously means he thinks he's stronger than kakashi (without the kyuubi). I also think we'll see some Fuuton jutsus' because Kakashi told Naruto that after he cut the waterfall he would be able to use it in battle.

grim jao
January 20, 2007, 12:47 PM
im predicting we see hidans history like his life flashing before him nad then he decides he wont die and goes all out and then escapes to shikamarus surprise *prays for this cause if kishi doesnt give hidan background then i will be throughly pissed*

King
January 20, 2007, 12:51 PM
hrm... I think Hidan may be a goner, but remember how in one of the previous episodes, he keeps saying, I hope someone does "kill" me, or whatnot. And there is the fact that Hidan's moves don't really seem like jutsu - they don't have chakra associations or anything... which makes me think that Hidan really does draw his power from a supernatural being... who I'm thinking might show up to fight Shikimaru, Sai and Sakura after Hidan gets incapacitated... or maybe that's too corny, I don't know.

soiramx
January 20, 2007, 01:03 PM
It has been built quite nicely with Kakuzu disrespecting Naruto though being warned by Deidara. Naruto is gonna whip some Akatsuki ass in the next chapter(s).We might see a bit of Yamato related (shodai) but i think Nauto is gonna shine here.

One more thing,
they need a good kick in the manga story now that part 2 in anime starts to get the people back through reputation. This might have been the reason for Kishi to stretch this arch a bit more i.e many complaints, this could have been shown in one episode... n stuff. He gets a good timing now. This is just speculation though... :amuse

bennibb
January 20, 2007, 02:02 PM
If Hidan lives or hes tale is not over. Then hes gonna say to Shika that "I told you so jashin sama watches over me" or something like that. It would be wierd if all those episodes with Pray to the gods talk from Hidan was just talk. That may wery wel be a sign as strong as Asumas spirit.

kangster113
January 20, 2007, 02:35 PM
obviously hidan is not dead. Hidan won't die but im 90 % sure that kakuzu will get killed by naruto or 10 % sure that he'll live and go back to the akatsuki and tell them that the 9 tailed boy is stronger than anyone else.

eyeshild21
January 20, 2007, 03:06 PM
next chapter kakuzu will learn that hidan was terminated.And we will see the power of rasengan.Tsunade said that if naruto didn't complete his jutsu in 24 hours ,she send another team to back up.

So this means Tsunade saw the huge hole or sth,and decided that this is also enough to beat kakuzu.

darkstar7
January 20, 2007, 03:11 PM
obviously hidan is not dead. Hidan won't die but im 90 % sure that kakuzu will get killed by naruto or 10 % sure that he'll live and go back to the akatsuki and tell them that the 9 tailed boy is stronger than anyone else.

good prediction about kakuzu living to tell the rest of akatsuki about "the 9 tailed boy"!

i'm more than 10% sure that'll happen, because there needs to be something to tie this arc to the next one where i assume konoha will be dealing with the rest of akatsuki

but cmon give it up about hidan XD! ok, so maybe he's not 'dead' dead because of the

immortality thing but he's at least incapacitated and buried forever by shika....so really what's

the difference? he might as well be as far as i'm concerned

yira_heerai
January 20, 2007, 03:25 PM
I kind of want to see this happen, though I doubt it will:

Naruto: *rasegan powa!*
Kakuzu: *pwn'd*
Everyone else: :o Dude...
Naruto: Oh yeah, I'm awesome! *celebratory jigg*
Zetsu: *ends celebratory jigg by coming out of the ground and grabbing Naruto* Yoink! *flee*
Everyone else: :blink Dude...
Kakashi: Ah, (censored)

:Haha

tupacamaru
January 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
Well judging from the way kishi drew the sequence of hidan dying ( Asuma apparition, etc...) one may pretty well asume that hidan is gone for good.
Saying that, it's naruto time. So we are going to see some improvement from naruto ( I guess something similar to when Goku returned from the training with god and started the martial arts world contest).

The point is, will the words of kakashi "you might even surpass me" come true even without the kazengan being complete. Or will it be just a showoff of naruto but at a reasonable level of skill.

Sarenji
January 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
I think Naruto's face is not one of confidence, but one of determination. He wants to beat the Akatsuki and finally surprass his sensei (and get back Sasuke, on top of that). He wants to be Hokage one day. And it all starts with this guy.

Now, with that said, this battle is likely to still be hard. I really want to see Naruto + Yamato battle Kakuzu.

troublemaker
January 20, 2007, 05:03 PM
pls dont compare naruto with dbz ...

i think in next chapter we will see naruto fight kazuzu and all will be suprised by narutos strengh , even kazuzu. they will be like :o omg naruto owns

diegocfq
January 20, 2007, 05:56 PM
I think that kakuzu will get to know that Yamato has shodai hokage cells and will try to steal his heart and then Naruto is gonna stop him without needing any jutsu, and then kakuzu will use his true power or will use the 2 futon and katon masks to flee

sozo91
January 20, 2007, 05:59 PM
Some Predictions about the impending fight:

Naruto is a Toad Master.
These pictures prove it: http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume1.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume5.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume8.jpg

All these pictures reveal that Naruto has the scroll and is influenced by toads. Therefore it is likely that he will use toad summoning in his fight against kakazu. After all, what happened in 2.5 years with the Toad Sage. Just possibly, he may do this: http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=NarutoGamakichi.475.png.

Proof that Naruto is a Toad Summoner...
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/712/naruto35covervj1.jpg
What is he reading? Scrolls. You can always assume that these are just regular old scrolls for general knowledge, but why is the summoning scroll in the picture?

Second: There is no doubt that either Kakazu and Hidan will die in this volume. If you notice the cover picture of the volume, Hidan and Kakazu are both pictured, well obviously. http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naruto36000yl7.jpg

Now, where else are villains portrayed in the cover of the volume? Notice the word VILLAINS. http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume4.jpg Way back.... (Did they live?)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume31.jpg (Although Zetsu and Dadori lives, Sasori dies)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume24.jpg (All five die)

Therefore, without a doubt, at least one member dies, probably Hidan (Big explosion.... How do you live through that?). I think both die however.

Super Angillis
January 20, 2007, 08:22 PM
The way Shikamaru beat Hidan convinces me he isn't dead per say, but that it really doesn't matter. If you just a bunch of chunks of flesh, wether or not they rot isn't going to matter much. Even if he head is intact, I don't think he's getting out of that hole. I think Zetsu will show up and take the ring, and when Hidan asks for help, tell him that he screwed up too badly and is out of the akatsuki. Then if Kishi is really mean, Zetsu might eat what's left of Hidan. The thing I wonder is just how long are they going to keep replacing Akasuki members.

I doubt that Kukazu vs Naruto will only be one chapter. I predict at least 2.

Sending away Sakura and Sai does serve a story pourpose even if Shikamaru doesn't need help. It removes them from the Hidan fight.

genji
January 20, 2007, 11:43 PM
i'd make simple predictions...

- hidan will make his trump card which let go off his immortality but saves his ass
- sai and sakura would join the battle and hidan gets killed
- naruto will kill the last 2 heart (futon: rasengan)
- kakuzu use his ace and surprised all

DouVerdugo
January 21, 2007, 12:09 AM
Hidan told Shikamaru that if he believed in Jashin, he might have saved him from his near death situation. I'm guessing that Hidan is saved by Jashin... Somehow. The King is behind Hidan too so...

Elsewhere, Naruto kicks Kakuzu's ass.

1nfamous
January 21, 2007, 12:36 AM
we might see Shikamaru kill hidan next chap and then chap after hidan dies is Naruto beatin the shyt out of Kakuzu

shachi
January 21, 2007, 12:57 AM
I predict most of 339 will deal exclusively with naruto vs. kakuzu.

The chapter will end with some indication of Hidan's survival.

In the first fight(ch 322 or 323 i think), Asuma's Fire Ash thing only managed to burn part of Hidan's cloak. I'm not sure if the exploding tags will do anything except rob Hidan of his clothing. Nevertheless, Shikamaru witnessed this, so he may be anticipating another round after his trap.

I also wonder if Asuma's ghost may have been a hallucination. If so, perhaps Shikamaru is under some sort of genjutsu.

Kishimoto is using some kind of horror motif to shape Hidan's character. We've seen him turn into the grim reaper, feed on blood like dracula, so I would not be surprised if he claws his away out of his grave like a zombie.

darkstar7
January 21, 2007, 01:43 AM
I predict most of 339 will deal exclusively with naruto vs. kakuzu.

The chapter will end with some indication of Hidan's survival.

In the first fight(ch 322 or 323 i think), Asuma's Fire Ash thing only managed to burn part of Hidan's cloak. I'm not sure if the exploding tags will do anything except rob Hidan of his clothing. Nevertheless, Shikamaru witnessed this, so he may be anticipating another round after his trap.

I also wonder if Asuma's ghost may have been a hallucination. If so, perhaps Shikamaru is under some sort of genjutsu.

Kishimoto is using some kind of horror motif to shape Hidan's character. We've seen him turn into the grim reaper, feed on blood like dracula, so I would not be surprised if he claws his away out of his grave like a zombie.

nice first post! genjutsu is a far better justification for hidan's survival than the whole "sai and sakura going to help

shikamaru must mean hidan is alive" argument.

i mean remember when temari & kankurou were going to go rescue gaara (after temari had returned from konoha and kankurou was recovering from sasori's poison)?

what did they end up doing really? nothin! team naruto had already finished the job (just like shikamaru will have done once sai and sakura reach him)

well, i'm not trying to say that sai and sakura were sent for nothing, but it's definitely not to foreshadow that hidan is still gonna keep fighting. something else will happen!

well anways - i really like that genjutsu idea, but it would be SO friggin sad if that's what that entire dramatic asuma moment really was!

donkeyhigh
January 21, 2007, 05:49 AM
These two chapters were made in order to show us Shikamarus strenght, the strengt of the mind.
There is no way in hell Shidan will be able to counter anything any more. He is nullified. There will be no more twists and turns about Shidan, Shikamaru owned him, he crushed him, and that is all.

Can't you people see the symbolism surrounding each fight? Shikamaru fought to avenge his teacher and friend, that's why he did it alone, that's why he did it his own way, and that is why he won.
He used every single piece of information he got when Asuma fought Shidan last time, and threw it right back at him!

Shidan is done for, he is over.

It would be stupid of Kishimoto to let Shidan be kept in the story as a threat, he should give Shikamaru and Team-10 their win.

Konkun
January 21, 2007, 09:17 AM
Some Predictions about the impending fight:

Naruto is a Toad Master.
These pictures prove it: http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume1.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume5.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume8.jpg

All these pictures reveal that Naruto has the scroll and is influenced by toads. Therefore it is likely that he will use toad summoning in his fight against kakazu. After all, what happened in 2.5 years with the Toad Sage. Just possibly, he may do this: http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=NarutoGamakichi.475.png.

Proof that Naruto is a Toad Summoner...
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/712/naruto35covervj1.jpg
What is he reading? Scrolls. You can always assume that these are just regular old scrolls for general knowledge, but why is the summoning scroll in the picture?

Second: There is no doubt that either Kakazu and Hidan will die in this volume. If you notice the cover picture of the volume, Hidan and Kakazu are both pictured, well obviously. http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naruto36000yl7.jpg

Now, where else are villains portrayed in the cover of the volume? Notice the word VILLAINS. http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume4.jpg Way back.... (Did they live?)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume31.jpg (Although Zetsu and Dadori lives, Sasori dies)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/glasskatana/volume24.jpg (All five die)

Therefore, without a doubt, at least one member dies, probably Hidan (Big explosion.... How do you live through that?). I think both die however.

Narutos money pouch is also a Toad =]

dimska
January 21, 2007, 11:01 AM

I think it would be a very tragic but yet awesome moment:
Imagine Hidan yelling
"Ha! I fuc*ed you bad this time! And you really thought your dumb sensei would come to say goodbye!
Who's the retard now!"
while Shikamaru realizes that he was caught in Hidan genjutsu and that he's about to be skewered by Hidan who just made a fool of dead Asuma and him.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6272/178247994f69e667d8cm8cg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Yeah, that'd be a great sight!

rokudaime-sama2
January 21, 2007, 11:44 AM
339 prediction ...

holy shit!

http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4207/355349247uh.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7421/710325505ko.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5807/228045806lh.jpg

GreeN Beast of Konoha
January 21, 2007, 11:58 AM
i think the next chapter will be better then this! 338 was soo boring -.-! i have waited 3 or 2 weeks for 338 ! and then -.- [br]Posted on: January 21, 2007, 11:56:54 AM_________________________________________________

339 prediction ...

holy shit!

your right man HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

CTS
January 21, 2007, 12:09 PM
rokudaime-sama2 your my hero

dimska
January 21, 2007, 12:13 PM
Compare the third image's center drawing to page 13 of chap 293...

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/2449/v33ch293ukpage139es.png (http://imageshack.us)

edit: You can even see the bird

diegocfq
January 21, 2007, 12:40 PM
sozo91, I don't think the covers have to do with a certain villain dying because not all of them died, I think that the covers shows the villains because there will be a confrontation or some of them will appear. Another thing is that we already know that naruto is a Toad summoner because when he fought Gaara he summoned Gama Bunta, but there is no proof that he already is a Toad Master, because he didn't summon any frog yet in this new arc. And besides that, Naruto already used frog things before he trained with Jiraya (his pajamas were tadpole themed and his wallet was a frog-like wallet).
Although I disagree with most of what you said, I do agree that Hidan is not a great threat anymore. If he survives he will be fooled and fooled until Sai and Sakura come and smash him into pieces or he's gonna try to flee, otherwise he is dead for good...

EDIT: Hey guys, please don't post these things around here, even if it is not the true spoiler, there is place to post this kind of thing.

darkstar7
January 21, 2007, 01:35 PM
339 prediction ...

holy shit!

best friggin prediction i've ever seen!!!

and about that one frog cover....is that gamakichi or gamabunta?

if it's gamakichi after 2.5 years i think that's one helluva clue that naruto will resort to summoning him.

however, i predict that he'll do it in some future fight and not this one with kakuzu

mainly because i hope it turns out like those pics!!!

dfcarolinaguy
January 21, 2007, 02:02 PM
I predict naruto is going to kill Kakuzu this chapter by doing the body flicker

GPZrag
January 21, 2007, 02:29 PM
sozo91, I don't think the covers have to do with a certain villain dying because not all of them died, I think that the covers shows the villains because there will be a confrontation or some of them will appear. Another thing is that we already know that naruto is a Toad summoner because when he fought Gaara he summoned Gama Bunta, but there is no proof that he already is a Toad Master, because he didn't summon any frog yet in this new arc. And besides that, Naruto already used frog things before he trained with Jiraya (his pajamas were tadpole themed and his wallet was a frog-like wallet).
Although I disagree with most of what you said, I do agree that Hidan is not a great threat anymore. If he survives he will be fooled and fooled until Sai and Sakura come and smash him into pieces or he's gonna try to flee, otherwise he is dead for good...

EDIT: Hey guys, please don't post these things around here, even if it is not the true spoiler, there is place to post this kind of thing.

whats a TOAD MASTER..? x_x... uhhmm about summoning i will say that you dun need trainning to "summon" cause its about seals and that's all but you do need trainning for control the "chakra release" whenever you make the summon and i think naruto has enough chakra control to release whatever amount of chakra he likes :)...

I predict naruto is going to kill Kakuzu this chapter by doing the body flicker

where did that come from..? o.O... well and i predict that naruto will show us something cool and new, don't know what but its going to be impresive otherwise it will suck :)...

mrcongojack
January 21, 2007, 02:41 PM
I predict that Hidan has been blown up into a bazillion pieces by the 100 or so fire tags attached to him and is pretty much out of commission. Naruto will fight Kakuzu and take out a heart or two. The end.

diegocfq
January 21, 2007, 02:45 PM
GPZrag, go to page 6 and you will see his post, I understood that saying toad master he meant to say that he was more like Jiraya who is capable to choose which frog to summon using his precise control of chakra...

someguyudontknow
January 21, 2007, 04:06 PM
339 prediction ...

holy shit!

Holy Shit in deed! did Naruto get faster?! It seemed as if Ino didn't even notice the other clones or something? I hope this prediction comes true!

dmac
January 21, 2007, 05:05 PM
if this prediction is true and hopefully it is, it seems as though in sai's and sakura's expression that the wind rasengan didnt connect and kakuzu slipped through it with either speed, a jutsu, or a clone

hermallorn
January 21, 2007, 05:31 PM
why in hell do some people want hidan to still have some hiden tricks? He is immortal, he has a killer move that only need a scratch to kill, he is as fast as kakashi ... I know he could be as strong in taijutsu as chuck norris and casey ryback, have machine guns like rambo, summons death gods, be able to reunit himslef like terminator 2 and spit thermonuclear bombs but then why in hell would he need akatsuki to dominate the world! He was strong enough to kill anyone at the first encounter no reason to train further....

My prediction? no real prediction but naruto has better really kick ass this time...

CheckMate
January 21, 2007, 06:28 PM
[color=brown]Okay this ones are fake. I checked it and you can find all the panels in the last chapters. Also look at the fuuton panel. Kakuzus wires are cut off at the right side and the fuuton rasengan drawing doenst fit the rest. Also too high quality and the chapter isnt even printed yet and its the wrong language.

~des

kheopz
January 21, 2007, 06:47 PM
it's in french which is a notorious country when it comes to manga ... No like here where we sweet to get them. It's pretty real to me as it follows up nicely with what Shika did to Hidan.. Also this also means that Naruto vs Kakazu won't last as he underestimates Naruto and he is in for a hell of a surpise. Yamato woudn't have let Naruto fight is alone if he didn't know Naruto's real strenght. That is why Kakashi asked about how his new jutsu being done..Training wiht 200 clones everyday to lear the moft difficult Jutsu obviously got you stronger and faster as well. That was the whole point of the training as well learning a New jutsu but also getting stronger. I'm not surprise that an early print f 339 is out.

toin7
January 21, 2007, 07:35 PM
Please read the previous posts. These are FAKE. They are frames from previous chapters photoshopped together with a few things added. Considering the current chapter, 338, comes out officially in japan this week, 339 can't even be printed yet unless somehow someone managed to break into kishi's office or whatever and stole preliminary sketches of the next chapter. Also, we don't even have a LQ scan of 338, how can there possibly be a HQ scan of 339? All we have is a SLQ scan of 338.

kunai-knight
January 21, 2007, 09:01 PM
Also, we don't even have a LQ scan of 338, how can there possibly be a HQ scan of 339? All we have is a SLQ scan of 338.

QFFT :amuse

Saifi
January 21, 2007, 09:44 PM
even if its fake i think it makes for a great prediction and props to whoever made it :")

GPZrag
January 21, 2007, 09:47 PM
Please read the previous posts. These are FAKE. They are frames from previous chapters photoshopped together with a few things added. Considering the current chapter, 338, comes out officially in japan this week, 339 can't even be printed yet unless somehow someone managed to break into kishi's office or whatever and stole preliminary sketches of the next chapter. Also, we don't even have a LQ scan of 338, how can there possibly be a HQ scan of 339? All we have is a SLQ scan of 338.

ohhhhhhhh! c'mon! it was obvius from the beginning that those pictures were fake... amd it looks more like a fanart... did somebody actually believe those pictures..? T_T...

Saifi
January 21, 2007, 09:52 PM
^ lol , well itd be nice if they did become real

Paran
January 22, 2007, 03:14 AM
The ending is a bit unusual. If it were so, then Deidara would easily defeat Hidan. I don't know - I'd expect Hidan to be a lot faster and stronger than Shika. I guess in a sense Hidan has been relying on Kakuzu a bit to bail him out when he gets hurt, but what did he do before he met Kakuzu? I guess we'll find out.

We should see some really kick a$$ axn between Naruto and Kakuzu - can't wait!

Rokudaime Hokage
January 22, 2007, 05:25 AM
I think Akatsuki only took Hidan in because he was a pretty good fighter against strong shinobi but a ass strong against the Bijuus.

If you think of it...Bijuus are huge, so its easy cheesy to hit them...just a little blood and Hidan finishes of a Bijuu. Other then that Akatsuki would not need him.

_ATMA
January 22, 2007, 06:19 AM
i think here in the next chapter or two were going to see kokazu get his ass handed to him by naruto hes going to bail and say hes going to claim his bounty on naruto and the others, as concerning for hidan i think were going to see him barly manage to pull out of it him being blown to bits and leaveing his head intact, after that zetsu is going to find a half dead hidan at the bottom of the hole hes going to drag hidan's ass back to AL his head is going to get sowed onto a new body that hidan is going to get stolen

dj_threat
January 22, 2007, 08:14 AM
well my prediction for 339 naruto manga is

1. hidan is dead
2 we would see a more matured and new fighting style from naruto

caco
January 22, 2007, 09:57 AM
well my prediction for 339 naruto manga is

1. hidan is dead
2 we would see a more matured and new fighting style from naruto

i dont think hidan is dead yet but I agree with you about a cool Naruto fighting kakuzo

CheckMate
January 22, 2007, 10:06 AM
One thing concerns me.. if Hidan is dead, then Sakura and Sai just come and pick him up. Not a very hard job to do

eorenmh
January 22, 2007, 10:11 AM
i think :
- hidan actually is just a spirit (soul), so when his body's blown, his soul occupies shikas body. Shika tries to struggle, but he lost bcause he's exhausted.
- sai and sakura come only to see "fake" Shika, and they bring him back to kakashi and the others.
- ino see something weird on shika's soul (ino has jutsu correlates with soul, so she could "see" souls), and then she "fight" with hidan's soul within shika's body.
- naruto has a goooood fight with kakuzu, and he kicks his ass . . . ya-ha!

that's what i thought . . . . . . .

noblue4u
January 22, 2007, 03:54 PM
Well, one thing is for sure. With Hidan more or less out of the way, the next chapter is going to be primarily "a whole new Naruto."

And by the by.... SHIKAMARU IS AWESOME.

Good day.

dmac
January 22, 2007, 03:58 PM
naruto better have a new matured fighting style because im tired of seeing the main kage bunshin and fighting with no plan so he better come correct or thats his ass

laughing@you
January 22, 2007, 04:13 PM
After reading Yume's scanlation and taking into consideration naruto's eyes. I would say Hidan is pretty much over.

Next chapter will be all about naruto. I want to see naruto faster than the sharingan can follow. Kakashi won't be able to follow naruto's movement. I predict that we will see naruto with good control over kiuby's chakra moving faster than anyone there. And when kakuzu maneges to get some tentacles of this on naruto, they get cutt.

Yes i'm probably a dreamer!!! :P

hrseber
January 22, 2007, 04:41 PM
I love Naruto and freaking hate it (and him) at the same time.... they keep talking about him being mature .... the only time I ever saw him mature was when he fought Neji... that's it... that was the only time he actually improved his abilities without going kyuubi crazy and not doing a damn thing....

Even after 2.5 years of training with Jiraiya he couldn't even take down Deidra well and barely scratched orochimaru... I'm not going off topic because I'm sick and tired of him never owning anyone.. and the rest of them talking about how powerful he has gotten or how different his fighting style is.... 50 million dollar bet he does kage no bunshin when he starts off and does nothing new... I'm an avid One Piece fan and love Luffy because of the same characterisitics he has with Naruto (and I started reading One Piece after I read Naruto) and I can't understand why Naruto is so much more loved especially with all the BS we have to go through with him. ... never any definite growth again except for the neji fight... he just goes into berserker mode...

Anyway, if he actually doesn't grow up, I'm going to be bail on this manga cause Shikamaru is 10 times the ninja that naruto is and I don't think Naruto would ever have a chance against someone who actually thinks....and his moves are powerful yes, but what good are super powerful moves if everyone can dodge them.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just pissed at loving a character so much and having him dissapoint me time after time.. I want a god damn one hit KO from naruto ONCE IN THIS FREAKING SERIES... if anyone reads one piece remember what Luffy did (enough said)

ANBU4U
January 22, 2007, 05:37 PM
One thing concerns me.. if Hidan is dead, then Sakura and Sai just come and pick him up. Not a very hard job to do

Kishi just needed to wittle the group down Kakuzu. They wont have anything to do once they reach Shika....I doubt. Maybe some convo arouns the lines of "!!!" or a "King" convo.

Shika's not even hurt for sakura to heal him.[br]Posted on: January 22, 2007, 05:31:12 PM_________________________________________________

I love Naruto and freaking hate it (and him) at the same time.... they keep talking about him being mature .... the only time I ever saw him mature was when he fought Neji... that's it... that was the only time he actually improved his abilities without going kyuubi crazy and not doing a damn thing....

Even after 2.5 years of training with Jiraiya he couldn't even take down Deidra well and barely scratched orochimaru... I'm not going off topic because I'm sick and tired of him never owning anyone.. and the rest of them talking about how powerful he has gotten or how different his fighting style is.... 50 million dollar bet he does kage no bunshin when he starts off and does nothing new... I'm an avid One Piece fan and love Luffy because of the same characterisitics he has with Naruto (and I started reading One Piece after I read Naruto) and I can't understand why Naruto is so much more loved especially with all the BS we have to go through with him. ... never any definite growth again except for the neji fight... he just goes into berserker mode...

Anyway, if he actually doesn't grow up, I'm going to be bail on this manga cause Shikamaru is 10 times the ninja that naruto is and I don't think Naruto would ever have a chance against someone who actually thinks....and his moves are powerful yes, but what good are super powerful moves if everyone can dodge them.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just pissed at loving a character so much and having him dissapoint me time after time.. I want a god damn one hit KO from naruto ONCE IN THIS FREAKING SERIES... if anyone reads one piece remember what Luffy did (enough said)

QFT

Actually..I may like One Piece Better now.........it just keeps getting better. and there's NOTHING not to like about Luffy. Naruto just....well you said it. Its now or never for him.

Reui
January 22, 2007, 07:12 PM
I Think were gonna see a huge improvement in Naruto, remember the Tree Walking Training? Sasuke went from a guy that couldnt even lay a scratch on Zabuza's Clones to a guy who destroyed all of them without even hesitation. Naruto's Chakra training here is 10x that so id assume naruto's growth from just the training will be insane, and what Yamato said at the beginning of the fight leads me to believe this is true. Maybe he'll do some Frog Summons like Jiraiya did vs Itachi/Kisame or something to make us think his Arsenal of jutus's will increase beyond 3.

dmac
January 22, 2007, 07:44 PM
I Think were gonna see a huge improvement in Naruto, remember the Tree Walking Training? Sasuke went from a guy that couldnt even lay a scratch on Zabuza's Clones to a guy who destroyed all of them without even hesitation. Naruto's Chakra training here is 10x that so id assume naruto's growth from just the training will be insane, and what Yamato said at the beginning of the fight leads me to believe this is true. Maybe he'll do some Frog Summons like Jiraiya did vs Itachi/Kisame or something to make us think his Arsenal of jutus's will increase beyond 3.

i hope you'r right because i believe everyone here is sick of seeing the same jutsu from naruto and hopefully he will use two new super jutsu's including "that" jutsu that he learned from jiraiya to shock all of us

Nasuke
January 22, 2007, 08:16 PM
Dunno if this point was raised, but why are we assuming that Asuma is dead? When Itachi and Kisame were supposedly dead, they werent their real bodies. After Asuma died, the shinobo automatically covered his body; making everybody think he was dead. If you carefully look at pic 12 in ch338, ull see Hidan is slightly surprised at Shikamaru. This could be because Asuma REALLY was behind him. I think this would make for an interesting development. Whats making me believe in my argument even more is that we've never seen Kishimoto use someone's imagination of a dead person. Furthermore, Asuma's history before he straightened out is still unclear so perhaps this theory turns out to be right, his history will become clearer.

Anyways for my prediction: (the standard one)
A fight between Kakuzu and Naruto fancasing Naruto's development.

taniquetil
January 22, 2007, 08:32 PM
Yes, there is a reason that Naruto 'couldn't even take down Deidara', he's an S-class ninja, same as Orochi, Itachi, Kakuzu etc. Even Naruto + Kakashi together with the SPace-Time Vortex Mangekyou Sharingan couldn't kill him.

Naruto's growth was shown during manga #2 of Shippuden when he and Sakura manage to complete the bell training with Kakashi.

Also, Naruto DID almost kill Orochimaru. He ripped him in half once. He even used his 4-tail chakra beam to break through Triple Roshomon and still damage Orochimaru. Oro said that if he takes a hit from Naruto's technique, he's dead for sure.

aznhotbod
January 22, 2007, 08:38 PM
Asuma is dead. how did he get behind Shikamaru and not shock the crap out of him (shika)? the whole ambushing/studying about Hidan was to avenge for his death. If Asuma is not dead, i think it's completely ridiculous.
Naruto's initial growth is when he got the bell, but that was more about his mental growth. Now we are about to see his physical growth, not only beserking into 4 tail mode.

Raine_Joybringer
January 22, 2007, 09:49 PM
Asuma is dead. how did he get behind Shikamaru and not shock the crap out of him (shika)?

It was metaphorical. You know, a "memory" where the person remembers the dead one as a kind of ghost still watching over them.

Bartserk
January 22, 2007, 10:11 PM
Guys, I think you're missing something. The training was not about Futon: Rasengan, the training was about combining nature manipulation and shape manipulation successfully. I think that Futon: Rasengan is already mastered, the proof is that we saw Naruto using it. What is just 50% complete is the ability of Naruto to combine shape and nature. We already said it in another topic, if the ultimate tech that will make Naruto surpass the fourth is a stupid ball that cuts, then this manga is seriously screwed. The rasengan is just a small application of it, though perhaps it's the easier to use for Naruto 'cause he's been using Rasengan for so much time.

I predict that in next chapter Naruto will fight alone as the other watch, and he will use that uber suprising skillz we loved so much and we don't see since the chuunin exam because Kishimoto thought that a Dragonballish touch would make the series better. I think he'll be losing for most of the chapter, and then in the last two pages he will do something utterly spectacular, like perhaps split Kakuzu in half from the back with a Wind Slasher, cutting one of his hearts in the process. Perhaps in other chapters we will see what did the baldie leak to Ibiki and how do Naruto or Yamato use this intelligence report.

PS - If Hidan is alive after that Asuma-in-the-smoke crap in the last chapter, I will be seriously pissed. I don't care about Kakuzu coming back alive to Akatsuki, but if Hidan has survived after that Mortal Kombat Fatailty, the series will lose all the credibility it had gained with Shikamaru's awesome fight.

PPS -

And what about the fight versus Gaara? I think that's the most awesome Naruto we've seen so far ;p

Oh, and by the way, anyone who has read it knows that One Piece is by far much more fun and interesting than Naruto, but this is not the proper topic to say it :\

CheckMate
January 22, 2007, 10:18 PM
Asuma is dead. how did he get behind Shikamaru and not shock the crap out of him (shika)? the whole ambushing/studying about Hidan was to avenge for his death. If Asuma is not dead, i think it's completely ridiculous.

It's just like his spirit, and or uhm..ghost.

You must have known it if you really READ Naruto chapter 338

Toad Sage
January 23, 2007, 12:10 AM
Please stay on topic and predict/discuss Naruto. What I mean by that is not laud One Piece here, it's a great manga, but I fail to see its alleged superiority being at all relevant to the ongoings of chapter 339.

aznhotbod
January 23, 2007, 03:02 AM
i read ch 338 and i thought it was his spirit/memory whatever, not Asuma personally. the other poster was talkin about the possibility of Asuma being not dead, which is bordering definitely wrong. besides, its about time another good significant protagonist dies.

full_metel_ff
January 23, 2007, 04:24 AM
naruto has done what like a million days training since he started to imprive the rasengan (each clone is just like another naruto ) so i think he will just own now he will be fast strong and just never run out of chacra

VeNoM87
January 23, 2007, 05:53 AM
I just noticed that Naruto has his kyuubi eyes out on page 006.. i don't know if that means that he'll use some of the power or just because he's a bit pissed. But he looks kinda calm under it, so who knows.

For the fact if asuma is really dead or not, who knows. Maybe Asuma himself is a really really important person which they just want to stay low for a while. Though i think he really is dead.

I think Naruto has finally improved though and that he will show us that in the next chapter \o/

makumbaum
January 23, 2007, 06:43 AM
I don't thik Hidan nor Kakuzu this weak to lost now. I think they'll get a hard fight along some chapters. Be prepared. Those Akatsuki member's aren't as simple part of history as we think - specially Hidan. Only one person can't fight properly with him! And those guys doesn't seem to be dumb. Kakuzu is smart. Remember that he made some hints about Shikamaru during last battle with Asuma.

And about Rasengan... I think that Fuuton Rasengan is complete, but it's not a kind of jutsu that we could call an "original jutsu". Maybe Fuuton Rasengan is one of the steps that Naruto will master to make his own jutsu. It doesn't make sense to have kaze chakra and do not use other techs - only rasengan!

ultrazai
January 23, 2007, 07:15 AM
Hidan is out ( ok i have to admit that h eisnt dead but he wont ever come out of the hole) He must be dead because shikamarus target in this mission was to kill him and he did it in a way he set up as plan B ( i think plan a was cutting off his head and take it to tsunade and i think this would even be worse than being blown to pieces)
Hidan even said himself while fighting the niibi ( the big fire cat with two tails ) that his attacks are the worst in akatski ( in case of speed and aim) and dont underestimate his imortality and his curse they were both awesome if u dont know his abilities and i think so far he killed everyone who fought againat him ( without akatski members counting in)

so my prediction hidan's out!!!
as for kakuzu and naruto the fight will show naruto who learned to control his chakra and its nature.
i remember how he fought gaara with taiju kage bunshin and kicked gaaras (almost shukaku) ass so i hope to see an improved version of that. The combat will start with some testing but then naruto will take out 1or even two hearths with one strike.
kakuzu will be frightened and tries to escape but then yamto will wood him and anruto will finish him off ( 339-two hearts gone 340-kakuzu down)

Sayumi
January 23, 2007, 10:24 AM
The combat will start with some testing but then naruto will take out 1or even two hearths with one strike.
kakuzu will be frightened and tries to escape but then yamto will wood him and anruto will finish him off ( 339-two hearts gone 340-kakuzu down)

Yeah, I like that theory, except the Yamato part. I wanna see only Naruto fighting in these next chapters without any help from the others, even if it is just a little, and especially not usuing to kyuubi for a change...

bloodrage
January 23, 2007, 10:35 AM
so everyone is saying hindan isn't dead, if hindan isn't dead after having a hundred or so explosive tags stuck to him, it's going to far. plus if kazkuz dies there is no one to sow hindan's head back on, or anybody in akatskui that loses body parts. so they all will have to fight very serious from now. on so as not to get injured cause it is kazkuz who does all that stuff, with his his strings.

so i figure kazkuz is going to escape before naruto can land finishing blow and hindan is a goner.

macchonk
January 23, 2007, 11:02 AM
lol.... it so funny for me to know that some ppl actually think that Asuma is still alive...
if he's alive.. than who is the guy that burried last time at konoha?
and about futon rasengan... out of the fact it will be so strong...
maybe futon rasengan is somekind of rasengan.. which is can be thrown away to ur opponent... and then naruto could control it by using his cakra..
and i still predict that naruto might has "the body flicker" after all his training....
just like YONDAIME...
u see yondaime try so hard to combine his nature cakra with the rasengan....
i don't think he gain nothing from it...
at least i think "body flicker" is one of the result from training....
beside YONDAIME known as one of the genius ninja.... and we can't forget about the fact
that most of ppl predict naruto is yondaimes son..
is that's true... then naruto has a possibility to gain alot of jutsu which is similiar with yondaimes jutsu and even greater...... look forward for it...

sahugani
January 23, 2007, 11:30 AM
Hidan's dead and/or gone for good. this chapter will focus on Naruto vs. Kakuzu. Naruto will hold off on using fuuton rasengan till the end so he can blow Kakuzu to pieces. Naruto will focus more on Kage Bunshin, taijutsu, and direct wind manipulation as he proves to Kakuzu that he's a threat. there may also be a flashback to the training from Yamato. we may also get a bit of interaction between Kakuzu and Yamato cause of the whole shodai thing. I think at some point Ino and/or Chouji will attempt to help but either be told or realize themselves that they are useless.

for what i REALLY want (but probably wont get)...i want Zetsu to come claim Hidan's ring and fight Sakura and Sai a bit before fleeing. the reason i want this is cause it would lead to the use of a tracking ninja team. i've been hoping for Zetsu to fight team Kurenai for a long time

Uzumaki--
January 23, 2007, 12:00 PM
Here is a thought, what if the naruto fighting Kakazu now is a shadow clone, along with yamato... what about that?.. and what if the real ones are acually trying to master the kaze rasangan right now as the shadow clone fights Kakazu?..

tof
January 23, 2007, 12:06 PM
Kakazu already shown that he's quite clever. First, he must see what his opponents are capable of then he'll take actions. I personally think that the fight won't be in his favor and thus he will try to sneak out. This is when we will see the mature naruto. In the previous battle, Naruto let deidi fly away, i think this time he will not be fooled and will kill kakazu.

noblue4u
January 23, 2007, 12:26 PM
What is the deal with those of you who think Asuma is still alive? That whole scene with Asuma's "ghost" or whatever was simply to show Shikamaru's closure over his teacher's death!

Anyway, to make this a valid post, I need a prediction. Let's see...

PREDICTION:
Even though it might not happen any time particularly soon, that picture of Naruto sitting atop an older Gamakichi freaked me out in the best possible way... I hope that sometime Naruto will bust out some mad toad-magic skills.

Also, I figure that with all of the rather intense training our boy Naruto has gone through over the past few weeks, he has mastered chakra molding, control, and elemental control and his stamina has increased several times over. In other words, he may not be finished with the wind-rasengan, but he'll bust out some amazing wind jutsus... Maybe instead of using a clone to change direction in midair, he'll use a burst of wind, eh? EH?

Eh.

Yondaime Uzumaki
January 23, 2007, 01:02 PM
I predict that Naruto will use one of Yondaime's techniques(other than the rasengan). I know there are a lot of ppl sayin that because they like Yondaime's techniques but even though I like his techniques too but I came up with this prediction for a completely different reason. I think this will happen because they both went through similar training and they are similar people, nothing more and nothing less. I think some of the techniques that Yondaime had were directly related to the training he did. Remember that he did not use Shadow Clones, so how long did his shape/element manipulation last and with Naruto's shadow clones how many years does his training total. Yondaime died(maybe) young, so since jiriaya doesn't know the Yondaime's techniques (except for the rasengan) how long did he have to train by himself between wars, missions, and training kakashi/obito/Rin. In other words, I think the same training Naruto is doing is the same training that helped Yondaime develop his techniques. Just a thought. What's your opinion?

Kyuubi685
January 23, 2007, 01:08 PM
now let's see, hidan is dead? probably not...but we'll see about that

as for this chapter, we'll get to see naruto fighting against kakuzu using his new fighting style? and the fuuton: rasengan. i kinda do wish that naruto learned a ton of techniques from jiraiya since up to now, we've only seen him advance into 4 tail kyuubi, oodama rasengan and his skill with his kage bushins have gotten better. otherwise, nothing new besides the fuuton rasengan.

we might get a scene with zetsu finding the remains of hidan's body and sakura will probably have to heal shikamaru since he was so close to the explosion.

oh and in the end, Naruto or Kakuzu is going to full something cool out

yep, that's it

Toad Sage
January 23, 2007, 01:57 PM
Just as an aside, it's a shame that Kishimoto has historically used kagebunshin as canon fodder in a battle while Naruto figures out his strategy. The jutsu was listed as a forbidden A-rank at the very begining of the story, as it should be, for if you think about it, it would be an extremely powerful ability used correctly. Anyway, it looks like we'll be seeing some bunshin next issue, as even I am able to recognize the good old hand seals for that jutsu (and it's what we see as we leave Naruto in 338).

qwan3356
January 23, 2007, 02:10 PM

i agree that we will see what 50% of the jutsu can do, and probably Naruto mixing his Wind element with more jutsus and fighting style.(hopefully)

laughing@you
January 23, 2007, 02:14 PM
i agree that we will see what 50% of the jutsu can do, and probably Naruto mixing his Wind element with more jutsus and fighting style.(hopefully)

Mixing the elements with more jutsus would be little of a stretch. I think that would be to much of a leap in power.

But it would be awesome!!!

aziboxe
January 23, 2007, 02:59 PM
hm.. well, his eyes turned kyuubi-ish... not too sure what he's going to do. And a new jutsu wouldn't really make naruto "completely different" if the naruto just uses it like rasengan. So, maybe it has something to do with naruto being able to control/use kyuubi... (god, i hope not : (....

yemsta
January 23, 2007, 04:07 PM
GOd the predictions this week are great.

Prediction number 1: Hidan is gone for good there is no coming back and is it me or did I see some weird looking animals (kinda look like reindeer) shoot a scary look to hidan when shikamaru said that he and his clan wont allow it.

Prediciton number 2: No fuuton rasengan next chapter, naruto is going to use some clever bushin action I think this because at the end of the last issue he performed the hand seals. He may use a combination of clones and high speed movement due to wind bursts to produce some fantastic taijustsu. The likeliness of him doing one of Yodiame's techniques is slim since this chapter is about naruto's own strength and all that.

Prediction number 3: for some reason I can see naruto using one of the techniques he learnt from jiraiya here. After shocking everyone (including kakuzu) with some nice taijutsu and clone action he will say something like "I guess I have to use it" then perform something crazy.

Does kakuzu know naruto's name at this point, I know it sounds weird but remember deidra telling kakuz and hidan about naruto. I think at some point that will be shown here.

Thats all :D

mehwuvsu
January 23, 2007, 05:34 PM
non-serious prediction but would be cool if it happened:
the explosion from the tags sends hidan's head flying into the sky.
while naruto and kakuzu are staring each other down, the head falls down and nails kakuzu in the head knocking him out.
naruto and co. are confused.
hidan tries to bounce his head over and bite naruto's ankles.
naruto kicks the head, sending it far into the forest and does the futon ( how do you spell that ? ) rasengan on the knocked out kakuzu and bam! end of chapter.

glasskatana
January 23, 2007, 08:43 PM
A reminder to everyone. If you've seen the spoilers, please refrain from mentioning them or making predictions based off of them in this thread. You should probably make predictions in the spoiler discussion thread if you've seen them. There are people who do not want to be spoiled.

This is a spoiler free thread and spoilers will be deleted.

GPZrag
January 23, 2007, 08:46 PM
A reminder to everyone. If you've seen the spoilers, please refrain from mentioning them or making predictions based off of them in this thread. You should probably make predictions in the spoiler discussion thread if you've seen them. There are people who do not want to be spoiled.

This is a spoiler free thread and spoilers will be deleted.

where di you see spoilers, was not those pics before proven fake? just asking dun be mad >_<... :)

There are currently confirmed spoilers in the spoiler section. ~ Glasskatana

thanks and srry for my ignorance :o

January 24, 2007, 08:02 AM
My predict:
Sakura/Sai hears the explosion and hurries to Shika. They make it to clearing only to see Shika in front of cloud of smoke from tags. Shika turns to them and say "You're late I already dealt with him" Smoke cleares and Sakura shouts to Shikamaru "Behind you!"
Then we switch to Naruto vs Kakuzu. Naruto summons his shadow clones and they demonstrates us a nice taijutsu. Meanwhile Original and two others charges his Wind Rasengan. Chapter ends with Naruto holding fully charget Kazengan flyung toward Kakuzu to land a blow.

I really see Hidan to survive the explosion by transforming into grimmier reaper (some kind of Avatar of Jashin) and give Shika/Sakura/Sai some hard time. I really wished to see Team Kurenaifight him, but probably their prey would be next Akatsuki (I like the ide of pursuit for escaped Hidan/Kakuzu with tracking team). And it was a glitch or when Naruto forms shadow clone hand seal, his eye pupils went vertical?

jlee1
January 24, 2007, 08:06 AM
thanks for the spoiler.

Donils
January 24, 2007, 08:19 AM
I really see Hidan to survive the explosion by transforming into grimmier reaper (some kind of Avatar of Jashin) and give Shika/Sakura/Sai some hard time.

If Hidan survives the explosion intact then he is the most powerful, lamest, and cheapest character in Naruto. Might as well just turn him into a god and kill everyone. But he won't and the Hidan fight is over. Kishi has more sense.

I think the chapter will be 75% Naruto and 25% Shika explaining to Sai and Sakura what he did before they head back to see Naruto's big moment.

sh0jin
January 24, 2007, 08:26 AM
GOd the predictions this week are great.

Prediction number 1: Hidan is gone for good there is no coming back and is it me or did I see some weird looking animals (kinda look like reindeer) shoot a scary look to hidan when shikamaru said that he and his clan wont allow it.

lol. I can imagine the deers saying "Just you wait pretty boy, bambi going f*$% you up good."

VeNoM87
January 24, 2007, 09:11 AM
I really see Hidan to survive the explosion by transforming into grimmier reaper (some kind of Avatar of Jashin) and give Shika/Sakura/Sai some hard time.

I doubt that something like that is going to happen (read don't want to). Hidan is hanging in mid-air surrounded by explosive tags above a big hole... I don't think shikamaru's actual plan is to destroy Hidan but to make him fall in the cave and be buried by sand so he can never get out. Immortality might be fun and all, but it'll be murder if you are stuck in the ground forever, which prolly is even worse then death. And i doubt the Jashin religion has something like, allmighty sandsucking power.

mitterand
January 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
prediction: kakuzu will try to escape to the 2 tails... and the gang will follow him or something... i somehow see this chapter leading naruto and the gang going to rescue the two tails bcz remember thats where hidan and kakuzu were headed earlier until shika+company trapped them

sangai
January 24, 2007, 01:02 PM
um the two tales is dead...or else they wouldn't be there. remember maybe like 5 chapters ago, "about time thats over, ive been standing still for 3 days. ima really let loose"

the 3 tails and 2 tails are dead.

Dice
January 24, 2007, 07:37 PM
Mhh I can't agree with all people, which are hoping that Naruto is able to easily kill Kakuzu. Because if he's able to do it, he has surpassed Kakashi in a few days kagebunshintraining and if he has surpassed Kakashi this quickly how long will it take to surpass Jiraiya, Orochimaru, AL....? Don't get me wrong. I really hope that Naruto has matured but I don't want him to kill Kakuzu alone because of the reasons described above.

Maybe we'll get some of Hidan's background, I mean he shouldnt be any danger but his head might still be able sto speak. For example he (or his head^^) could think of previous battles, where nobody was able to take him down this far and complaining that he's still alive (and he might say something like "omg do you know how this hurts" while looking at his blown up body.
I think that would be funny, but I posted my real prediction earlier......Can't wait for the newone^^

bloodrage
January 24, 2007, 07:44 PM
Mhh I can't agree with all people, which are hoping that Naruto is able to easily kill Kakuzu. Because if he's able to do it, he has surpassed Kakashi in a few days kagebunshintraining and if he has surpassed Kakashi this quickly how long will it take to surpass Jiraiya, Orochimaru, AL....? Don't get me wrong. I really hope that Naruto has matured but I don't want him to kill Kakuzu alone because of the reasons described above.

Maybe we'll get some of Hidan's background, I mean he shouldnt be any danger but his head might still be able sto speak. For example he (or his head^^) could think of previous battles, where nobody was able to take him down this far and complaining that he's still alive (and he might say something like "omg do you know how this hurts" while looking at his blown up body.
I think that would be funny, but I posted my real prediction earlier......Can't wait for the newone^^

no matter how much you wish for it not to happen it will.

atal
January 24, 2007, 08:37 PM
exploxion bummm finaly hedan head rip of the body. Sakura and sai arrived Sai use his chakra and perform the raket ball jutsu the he and sakura play tenis with hedans head and shikamaru saw that patetic players. Naruto ant company destroy the two kakuzo head its only time lol. sorry but the logic in the 2 battles is that the the narutos team and shikamarus beat the bad boy.

diegocfq
January 24, 2007, 09:01 PM
I hope Kakuzu is not defeated. Didn't see enough battle experience of him yet (hey he fought the man who created knoha and didn't learnt much?), or his rage mode which he talked about with the man who bought Chiriku's body from him...

I predict that Naruto alone will take one heart and then kakuzu will get in the 'right mood', then after a gruesome battle with many characters involved he will probably retreat, leaving hidan there to teach him a lesson for being too blunt, too fanatic and too slow...

Edit: One thing that bothers me is why Kakuzu didn't remember that Shikamaru was that bright from the fight that they killed Asuma. I mean, in that fight Shikamaru is more like a leader than Asuma himself and he showed his skills as a strategist being able to figure out a way to cut off hidan's head really quickly.
I think they could have killed Shikamaru, especially kakuzu, but oh well they suffer from the villain's disease that forces them to play with the hero till the hero kills them =P

Shirogitsune
January 24, 2007, 11:19 PM
Edit: One thing that bothers me is why Kakuzu didn't remember that Shikamaru was that bright from the fight that they killed Asuma. I mean, in that fight Shikamaru is more like a leader than Asuma himself and he showed his skills as a strategist being able to figure out a way to cut off hidan's head really quickly.
I think they could have killed Shikamaru, especially kakuzu, but oh well they suffer from the villain's disease that forces them to play with the hero till the hero kills them =P

Well, from my understanding it's not that Kakuzu forgot that Shikimaru was that smart but either overestimated Hidan or underestimated Shikimaru. Then again, how could Kakuzu have known that Shikimaru had set up the bomb tags before hand?

And that's my take on it.

removed spoilers ~ Glasskatana

glasskatana
January 24, 2007, 11:59 PM
DO NOT POST ABOUT THE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!!!

There will be NO more warnings.

GeninX
January 25, 2007, 01:07 AM
For Chapter 339, I believe that Hidan is not out of the game yet. Also, as for Kakazu, he's going to kick Naruto around. I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just his 5 hearts feature, and Hidan's immortality. Remember when Hidan killed Asuma and the backup came? Hidan was in a raging mode, and it appeared that Hidan was going to do another technique. I believe thats whats going on. Also, I believe that Kakazu is another test for our little hero Naruto. Naruto is wind charmed, but Kakazu has fire manipulation. This is where we are going to see a bit of the Nature Manipulation strategies.
Least thats my prediction. Can't wait for 339.

razor
January 25, 2007, 09:26 AM
Hidan,is not going to die yet.why hidan still in big mouth when he said even he blown into pieces,he still can fight?he must had something else.don't worry,i just post something from chapter 338.not spoiler.

Remus
January 25, 2007, 11:20 AM
Hidan,is not going to die yet.why hidan still in big mouth when he said even he blown into pieces,he still can fight?he must had something else.don't worry,i just post something from chapter 338.not spoiler.

Well seems you didnt got what Shikamaru said either eh ? Its been said before. Hidan is NOT intended to be killed anyway. He is supposed to be imprisoned forever without a chance of getting out of the hole since Shikamarus clan is watching the forest.

Ayah
January 25, 2007, 11:31 AM
NO AGONY POSTS PLEASE!!!

The RAW will come out, and this isn't as bad as last week's when we all had to wait for weeks. I'm locking this thread for now

WinterLion
January 25, 2007, 11:09 PM
I'll unlock this thread now, but make sure to stay on topic and no spamming. Also, no spoilers. If you've seen the spoilers, you'll probably be better off in the spoiler discussion thread.

An Agony thread has been created here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13883.0).

The same rules as last week apply:

And as much as I hate cracking down on people, we've had too many disruptions lately and the staff is quite frankly tired of it. So this also counts as a final warning for everybody here.

Anybody who spams anywhere other than the agony thread over the long wait for the next chapter will get an automatic one-day ban.
Anybody who acts like a buffoon to others will get an automatic three-day ban, meaning you'll have to wait even longer for the chapter.
Anybody who spoils others on the next chapter will get an automatic week ban! Stay in the Spoiler section if you want to talk about the chapter revelations.

No, we won't even warn you. We'll just do it. Period. No second chances. So behave.

Ayah
January 26, 2007, 08:26 AM
The RAW is out! Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13907.0). This will also mark the start of our discussion. Talk away, but be on-topic.

DarkManSharingan32
January 26, 2007, 08:43 AM
I must say, although i don't know the details due to the lack of translation...
I am reaaaaallllyyyyyyy dissapointed in the form of the Kazengan. It reminds me of a rip-off from his younger brother's creation...Shin-Zero, from Satan 666.

Don't get me wrong, it is probably going to be badass... but i don't know if i can get over this.

Rokudaime Hokage
January 26, 2007, 09:01 AM
Wow, I have to say that I enjoyed the chapter... Seeing the spoiler was a real letdown because of the Destructo Disc Naruto does BUT apart from that this chapter was somehow really cool...
I liked how it was explained that Naruto used his KB to test the enemy's strength... I also liked the stuff with Kakashi seeing Yondaime in Naruto...
But what impressed me most was the artwork... Naruto's face shows such determination and methodicalness....just great
Destructo Disc... i can only hope that it will have a cooler effect than just that shurriken...

SnailBeast
January 26, 2007, 09:02 AM
damn! that camshots again!
I wanna translation.

CupofDice
January 26, 2007, 09:02 AM
There is something of a translation in the spoiler pics area.

Yeah same here about Jio's boomerang thingy, though I have no problem with it. Too bad the spoiler translation was true. That Shikamaru part was just unnecessary and we learnt absolutely nothing about Hidan's ability. Plus no fighting whatsoever to lead to the rasenshruiken. Two clones getting their a** kicked doesn't cut it (even if Naruto learnt something from it for once). I was expecting more fighting and Kakuza not just standing around like a b****, but Naruto having to protect Ino and Chouji or something like that. Kakashi's Fourth comparison felt outta of place (we get it Kishi) and everything felt repetitive (more dark looks from Shika???). Hopefully the next chapter will be better, but this is probably the worst chapter for me since Naruto got electrocuted by Sasuke. :(

Edit- Alright the chapter is a good bit better after reading the full translation, but my complaints are still valid. :smile-big

enlightened monkey
January 26, 2007, 09:50 AM
Well, Kakashi got his a** handed to him by Kakuzu with the same speed, in a situation that would have meant that he'd be killed (having his hearts rip out) whereas Naruto has the ability to use his bunshins to gain info off the same situation. Also, I have a little idea for the "rasenshuriken" that may come true, may not, who knows:
What if that jutsu were to fly at Kakuzu.....he fires out a "fire manipulation" attack but that attack just wraps with the wind of the shuriken and remains flying at Kakuzu, with huge cutting force and fire now attached to it.....it's like, it takes away any incoming attack and likewise is an almost unstoppable force coming for Kakuzu.....
Anyways, the whole Shika thing's a little pointless, yeah. I'd have much preferred to see a full chapter of Naruto's fight but I suppose that's why patience is a virtue. Still. It's good to know that at least Kakashi and Yamato have faith enough in Naruto to let him fight on his own. Remember -- the kid can now at least summon weapons, frogs, has chuunin-like speed.....he's not out just yet. And the new jutsu, to go along with regular rasengan/oodama, may just make him a killer.

Med_stud
January 26, 2007, 09:55 AM
I predict that my prediction will be wrong. hahha

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that at least one of the akasuki, Kakuzu, will live and bring the news or naruto's rasen shuiruken back to the leader, but mostly fights between naruto & kakuzu.

Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki
January 26, 2007, 09:58 AM
I don't know what drug Kishimoto is on right now, but he should quit it about right NOW.

The battle between Hidan and Shikamaru is now the worst handled battle in the whole series. There was absolutely NO REASON WHATSOEVER to have this battle be a walkover. There are hundreds of ways to write the battle in such a way as to maintain atleast a degree of tension, but Hidan was written to be a complete and utter idiot. He did not succeed even ONE SINGLE THING. This WAS a flawless victory and it was completely IDIOTIC. This chapter gets 4/10 only for Naruto vs Kakuzu.

Ijen
January 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
I just wonder about Hidan... that doesnt seem like a completely 'final' ending for him, to me. I'm thinking Zetsu could still retrieve his bits and then, who knows? They could have a go at re-building him, perhaps using different parts to turn him into some kind of gross chimera. Perhaps they'd just gather his head to hear what it has to say (although he's such loud dumbass that they'd probably throw it away after a while). But yeah... I dont find the 'guarded by the Nara clan for eternity' story too convincing.

MasterOdin
January 26, 2007, 10:04 AM
I couldn't help but smile at the end of the chapter. I actually like the character of Naruto and it was enjoyable to see some progression from him.

full_metel_ff
January 26, 2007, 10:09 AM
havent seen it yet still downloading but been hanging out for this all week

Slashout
January 26, 2007, 10:12 AM
This chapter is totally awesome !
I really loved it. Everything is great in it, so much that if felt a little short.

ps: are spoiler allowed in this thread? Like if I want to discuss new power and stuff?

saeid1984
January 26, 2007, 10:15 AM
you can talk about everything now that the chapter is actually out.

full_metel_ff
January 26, 2007, 10:16 AM
ok read it and now hate that i have to wait another week to see another chapter.. aaaaaaaaaaa thus is life

saeid1984
January 26, 2007, 10:18 AM
i really like the way naruto uses his kagebunshins now. Adds more depth to his fighting style.

ShadowStrike
January 26, 2007, 10:23 AM
hmm... hidan isn't dead

Slashout
January 26, 2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah the new jutsu is awesome. I was a little scared that it would be lame at the begining. But it looks totally awesome and it's only half finished.

Now I am wondering what will happen at Shikaramu's end? I mean Sakura and Sai went to back him up... for what? There has to be a purpose. I only hope that hiddan will not be back right away, with full strengh and all, cause he used another super awesome jutsu that he happened to have in stock or something.

poopoomaru
January 26, 2007, 10:35 AM
hmmm it looks like instead of making the randomly spinning chakra inside the rasengan be wind elemented, he made the outer shell meant to contain the spinning chakra wind elemented. Which I suppose is alot more stable. I am guessing on impact that rasengan shuriken will both ultimately slice and then also explode.

woof
January 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
the jutsu is freaking awesome :D loved this chapter i too had to smile at the end of this one naruto has truely become great :)

Donils
January 26, 2007, 10:43 AM
hmm... hidan isn't dead

He's finished. In manga terms, he's as good as dead.

arslan
January 26, 2007, 10:49 AM
i personally think the chapter was not that bad. hidan being buried means he is out of the story for now. one thing i am confused about is naruto's slitted eyes. i thought he wasn't going to ask for kyuubi's help any more :amuse. what are the eyes supposed to mean then. i think next chapter will be exciting. :)

aznhotbod
January 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
looks like Hidan will live another day to tell the story; most likely rescued by Zetsu...

a little disappointed at Fuuton RasenSHuriken... exactly how many clones does he need to form this? 4?? wow.

Aldrich
January 26, 2007, 10:54 AM
I don't know what drug Kishimoto is on right now, but he should quit it about right NOW.

The battle between Hidan and Shikamaru is now the worst handled battle in the whole series. There was absolutely NO REASON WHATSOEVER to have this battle be a walkover. There are hundreds of ways to write the battle in such a way as to maintain atleast a degree of tension, but Hidan was written to be a complete and utter idiot. He did not succeed even ONE SINGLE THING. This WAS a flawless victory and it was completely IDIOTIC. This chapter gets 4/10 only for Naruto vs Kakuzu.

Who cares about Hidan not achieving anything? Better have a flawless victory for Shikamaru than an excruciating 50 chapters long fight like Sakura & Granny vs Sasori.

And there was a reason for this battle to be a walkover; Hidan is a retard, Shikamaru is a genius, and it was revenge time for Shika. Congrats Kishi, you handled it well. Now Naruto just has to destroy Knuckles the echidna with his new jutsu and it'll be perfect.

arslan
January 26, 2007, 10:55 AM
i think naruto needs two clones for the jutsu. he kept one for protection against an attack i suppose. and the 4th one is naruto himself, not a clone.

mtofu
January 26, 2007, 11:13 AM
i think hidan should have been burned. it's a waste to just bury him like that. Or shikamaru could have lopped off his jaw, burned his ear and eyes and taken the rest of his head back to town and trap him in some kind of scroll.

i'm interested in seeing kakuzu's temper as well. i hope there is a clever fight rather than naruto just "earning" his victory through relentless attacking from an endless pit of chakra.

Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki
January 26, 2007, 11:15 AM
Who cares about Hidan not achieving anything? Better have a flawless victory for Shikamaru than an excruciating 50 chapters long fight like Sakura & Granny vs Sasori.

That battle was at most ten chapters. Hidan has already had over that amount, afaik.

And there was a reason for this battle to be a walkover; Hidan is a retard, Shikamaru is a genius, and it was revenge time for Shika.

Do you expect Sasuke vs Itachi to be a walkover in Sasuke's favour? It's revenge, right? Hahahaha

Congrats Kishi, you handled it well.

No. Then again, i'm not entirely sure I can objectively judge it until a few more chapters have gone by. It is possible that we're looking at another Deidara incident.

TechnoMagus
January 26, 2007, 11:22 AM
was looking forward to pakkun dragging hidan's head to show to kakuzu and on to konoha to be interrogated by ibiki. oh well....but pakkun can still dig his head right? nahhh, won't happen. unless this is another feint like sasori being impaled into the wall with that saucer seal thingie. maybe another body part did not fell into the pit and plunges right through shikamaru.

btw, where's the akatsuki ring?

when naruto said he needs at least 3 clones, i sure hope he's not gonna use them to hold down kakuzu for his new jutsu like the fight with kabuto.

now, i'll be looking forward to the yondaime/naruto frame in fan art and people's avatars/sigs here at MH. hell, maybe even as an entry to the coloring contest?

Sailori
January 26, 2007, 11:40 AM
When was the last time i felt this feeling after reading Naruto? I was just shivering when this big-mouthed octopussy was fearing Naruto after just complaining about that he is already beaten up. About Shikamaru's fight i have only one thing to say. It was one of the best fights in my opinion. There was no unnecesary moves by Shikamaru. Everything was thought up just like Shikamaru always do. If someone want to see some show-off jutsus and mindless speeching then we have everybody else to show them, but that's what makes Naruto (as a manga) so damn good. Kishimoto have some hell of a brain to think all this stuff up and make it so addicting story.

One of them, Kakuzu or Hidan will be escaping. Is it only Hidan's head carried by ants or Zetsu (again) sneaking and spying he's mates. Or Kakuzu running in a heartattack. Akatsuki have to receive some information about this battle so which one is it.

Thanks again to the best RAW supplier, The Touch and the translators.

PS. It's always hard to make first appearance

Aldrich
January 26, 2007, 11:54 AM
That battle was at most ten chapters. Hidan has already had over that amount, afaik.

Hidan vs Shikamaru lasted 5 chapters against 11 for Sakura/Sasori.

Do you expect Sasuke vs Itachi to be a walkover in Sasuke's favour? It's revenge, right? Hahahaha

Itachi isn't a complete moron though, nor Sasuke is a genius. Not to mention Itachi has been hyped since day one as one of the strongest characters in the series. While Hidan...

No. He handled it like an idiot. Then again, i'm not entirely sure I can objectively judge it until a few more chapters have gone by. It is possible that we're looking at another Deidara incident.

It was just a terrible matchup for Hidan, he met his polar opposite who had a grudge against him and got his ass properly handed to him on a silver plate. It was well brought by Kishimoto, now stop whining.

vnaruto
January 26, 2007, 12:09 PM
Hidan is done, id be surprised if they bring him back out of the hole, if anything the akatsuki saves him somehow after the fight is done. Probably that guy who's a plant with byakugan-ish eyes!

Kakuzo is going to get crazy and go all out with naruto countering with his new kage bunshin and fuuton rasengan jutsus. I'm guessing it will be a fight that we cant imagine as it usually is.

Yeah i like that fact that naruto himself is getting alot better and not just because of his kyuubi which we all know can be suppressed by sasuke, so im thinking its a good thing when sasuke goes lvl 2 or maybe 3!! and naruto has nothing but bunshins!

kadoman
January 26, 2007, 12:11 PM
Tone it down guys. Discuss the chapter without being impolite to one another.

So, Hidan's gone, at long last. I don't miss him. He was all right as baddies go. Mainly, he was just cuckoo and not much else. What I like about baddies such as Oro is that for all his madness, there is some method in it. Hidan was simple minded, easily bothered and I grew tired of him. Same for Kakuzu (but got to admit, he is one of Kishi's creepier designs). Ack!

No surprises where Naruto's concerned, but good to see him finally getting smarter and I LOVE that image of Yondy towering above him. That's going to be a great one for our colourists (I hope!). Can't wait for next chapter! :D

enzomars
January 26, 2007, 12:15 PM
was looking forward to pakkun dragging hidan's head to show to kakuzu and on to konoha to be interrogated by ibiki. oh well....but pakkun can still dig his head right? nahhh, won't happen. unless this is another feint like sasori being impaled into the wall with that saucer seal thingie. maybe another body part did not fell into the pit and plunges right through shikamaru.

btw, where's the akatsuki ring?

when naruto said he needs at least 3 clones, i sure hope he's not gonna use them to hold down kakuzu for his new jutsu like the fight with kabuto.

now, i'll be looking forward to the yondaime/naruto frame in fan art and people's avatars/sigs here at MH. hell, maybe even as an entry to the coloring contest?

Maan i love your sense of humor. From the first to the last sentence.
Lol doh!

vnaruto
January 26, 2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah i really liked both the new akatsuki characters hidan was cool at first but i think kakuzo is alot cooler especially after we find that hes fought the first hokage i dont think its going to be a walkthrough for naruto ...we're in for a long fight..........

After this i think its about time they introduced the rest of the akatsuki members cause konoha has obviously become somewhat of a threat to them.... also orochimaru has to step into the light with sasuke cause it would be ideal for them as well .......

darkstar7
January 26, 2007, 12:19 PM
A lotta people are saying that hidan didn't do anything in this fight, but are they forgetting that he had his moment

in the spotlight when he KILLED ASUMA?! i think hidan did more than enough over the course of this arc, so the ending

to hidan in this chapter was quite satisfying to me.

vnaruto
January 26, 2007, 12:21 PM
ok this is a general question that i havent seen anyone talk about cant sasuke really kick naruto's ass now because he can stop the kyuubi? i dont know what naruto is going to come up with to fight sasuke now

Toad Sage
January 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
I was an shocked by Naruto's clone strategy. Naruto using his Fuuton: rasengan in this chapter was as obvious as Hidan being buried alive by Shikamaru, yet Kishimoto felt including some clone reconnaissance for Naruto to determine, "oh wait, I should use the Fuuton: rasengan" was the most I've ever seen him do to drag out content. I'm afraid for the future of this fight if Kishimoto is doing more obvious stuff to create the illusion of greater things. For example, Shikamaru's genius plan wasn't really all that genius, since besides the deus ex machina moment where it so happens they are in Shikamaru's ancestoral forest, most of the events in that battle were predetermined by the audience. That to me isn't very genius, especially since what happened wasn't that creative (in my opinion.)

Everyone here agreed that seeing Naruto actually kick some ass was going to be important, but seeing two clones just get killed and accomplishing nothing else is the way practically every Naruto battle has begun in the past. I thought Yamato's remark that we were going to see an entirely new Naruto was going to more than the old Naruto with Kakashi thinking, "jeez, he's actually thinking this time." Not only that, but I really have to question what those clones learned by getting killed by walking up to Kakuzu-that walking up to Kakuzu is dangerous? I think Naruto-and everyone else with functioning eyes-could have learned that without using their clones to their "full potential."

Over all I think it was a good chapter, but for God's sake Kishimoto needs to get on with it. I'm really starting to think these aren't clever writing tricks on his part but rather blatant attempts to stall. There is nothing wrong with Naruto being able to fight a little. Kishimoto's unwillingness to allow this to happen almost seems more psychological in nature than a part of how the story is meant to develop. Just let Naruto attack successfully, whether it's a clone or not, jeez!

PS: Would it kill him either just to explain his relationship with Yondaime? He's been hinting at it for 339 chapters. There is such a thing as building up a point too much. I think if we just knew that Naruto is obviously Yondaime's child, moment's like Kakashi comparing Naruto to Yondaime would be more enriched. I know we're supposed to believe Naruto has no special lineage or advantages and wins solely by his good nature, but that's all going to change once we learn the truth. Might as well just say it now.

kadoman
January 26, 2007, 12:51 PM
Over all I think it was a good chapter, but for God's sake Kishimoto needs to get on with it. I'm really starting to think these aren't clever writing tricks on his part but rather blatant attempts to stall.|

Although I don't agree with all of your post, this, I do agree with. I've been moaning for ages now about the blatant stalling tactics...are the powers-that-be stringing out Naruto for all its worth? Or are they stalling for story ideas? It seems that way. It is frustrating. And I know people will tell me to 'have patience' but you'd have to have the patience of a saint to endure this much foreshadowing and stalling. I still liked the chapter overall.

There is nothing wrong with Naruto being able to fight a little. Kishimoto's unwillingness to allow this to happen almost seems more psychological in nature than a part of how the story is meant to develop. Just let Naruto attack successfully, whether it's a clone or not, jeez!

I think you've raised an interesting point. Kishi certainly does seem to be almost obsessed with making Naruto the underdog, or at least, the underrated one - to the point where he's become a parody of himself (just my opinion). As soon as his clones went charging forth, I just laughed and thought, oh, no...here we go again! Was I supposed to have that reaction? I realise we've yet to see how the attack pans out, but as a starting point, it certainly didnt' break any new ground. On the plus side, he IS getting smarter, which is a relief.

PS: Would it kill him either just to explain his relationship with Yondaime? He's been hinting at it for 339 chapters.

Hmm...tough one. On the one hand, I agree, the whole Yondy thing is bloody obvious and why the heck doens't he get on with revealing the truth but on the other, perhaps that truth really does serve a higher purpose - perhaps that truth has to wait for the right time to come out in order for the future story to make sense (did that make any sense?) :D

MagnaTurban
January 26, 2007, 12:58 PM
I thought this chapter was actually quite well executed. I guess i'm the only one who liked Hidan though, i half expected him to get out of that trap and the fight to go on, hell i was rooting for that.

Speaking of fights, kakuzu is doing MUCH better than Hidan, which is to be expected. However, i have a feeling that he won't die just yet, he's probably gonna get by with a BIG scar.

Finall i just want to say that i love the way kishimoto-san did the ending, absolutely fantastic (but i still hate him for the rough cliff hanger lol).

Anyway, thats my take on the chapter; take it or leave it.

rayywang
January 26, 2007, 01:32 PM
It's good to see Naruto a little more mature - with that look of determination ... not rashly jumping in with "brute force" 1000s of kage bunshin.

I see him in transition from boy to manhood. Still has that Sasuke friend / enemy issue to deal with, which will mature him even more ...

HisshouBuraiKen
January 26, 2007, 01:46 PM
I liked Hidan too, but that was it for him. You don't survive two fights with Shikamaru if you show him all your abilities in the first one.

I feel a bit bad for Ino, but it's pretty clear she's become a medical ninja / scout and not a fighter. Chouji, on the other hand, should have at least squished one of those masks when he hit 'em with the Mega Palm Thrust.

As others have said, I'm glad to see Naruto actually fighting intelligently instead of just charging in with no real plan in mind. Things could go either way for Kakuzu at this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see Naruto and Yamato take him down, but since Shikamaru's wrapped his fight up, he, Sakura and Sai will probably return to the fight faster than Yamato and Kakashi expected.

Failure
January 26, 2007, 01:51 PM
I think the key to Naruto getting smarter thing was the training with kage bunshins, it sped his mental development. So maybe a few more years of that and he'll be.. not stupid

Hidan's defeat was pretty obvious, he only had like 2 abilities

DeCarlo
January 26, 2007, 02:10 PM
I think the clones were to test his re-action speed to fighting multiple people. He saw that if there are three people attacking him from different angles at once theres an opening in one of them. We havent seen how he controls this jutsu and this could play into his attack pattern. Kishi may be stalling but he did show naruto's ability to gather information without injury to himself (like normally) or revealing that, at will, he could create countless amounts of clones. Combine this with the prior naruto who is one of the best at adapting to his enemy. We can say that Naruto is truly badass now.

USC Trojans
January 26, 2007, 02:15 PM
Shikamaru defeats an Akatsuki member by himself......wow. Does anyone remember back when he was a slacker during the chuunin exams...hiding in the bushes? Its amazing to see how far he has come since then.

Anyone else disappointed in Ino? She's been pretty much a cheerleader during the entire fight. It seems like other than the ability to switch bodies with animals, she hasn't improved much.

Naruto using kage bunshins as simulation for the fight is genius. Although I don't know why this point is brought up this late in the series as we've seen Naruto use tajuu kage bunshin many times. Against Gaara, Kimimaro, Neji.....he's always had his bunshins lead the attack and (poof) away. How come he never seemed to gain knowledge on his enemies back then?

And if using kage bunshins is so resourceful, how come more ninjas don't use it? I'm sure even just one or two kage bunshins could already help them gain a bit of knowledge.

Despite my ramblings, this was actually a great chapter and this manga never ceases to surprise me :amuse

The Flash
January 26, 2007, 02:45 PM
USC Trojans.

Naurto uses his body not his brain. In this case he is using his brain now.

Thats why i said, Naruto can be invisble. He can let the clones do all the work and best of all get the experience.

I also believe the one whos holding the rasengan is the clones as well. (Remember he made three kage Bunshins - one to release chakra, one for spatial chakra, and one for the wind chakra).

And the best part naruto is going to watch and see what happens.

All of this is all new (meaning using kage bunshin at a higher degree), which is nice to see naruto doing.

This is going to be incredible, cant wait for next chapter.[br]Posted on: January 26, 2007, 02:18:44 PM_________________________________________________Also Whats up with Naruto's Eyes (second last page).. He isnt in kyuubi form, and the eyes cry out kyuubii.

I was looking at chapter 337, and i dont see the eye shape the same as this one...

weird?

kyubisharingan
January 26, 2007, 02:46 PM
GREAT chapter. man, naruto is really getting smarter...and stronger. i cant wait for the next chapter

crakbaby23
January 26, 2007, 02:48 PM
any1 else think that rasenshuriken would make a kickass spinning shield ? lol anyway we were promoised a unique jutsu and we got it, even if some dont like it, its still rather unique for naruto considering now he is most likely a medium to long range fighter now...beside its only 50% complete if that, we still have no idea if it will change shape or have a new effect....till next week!

ihearthinata
January 26, 2007, 02:56 PM
so i wonder if Hidan will die if you smash his brains in...
do you think he can regenerate his body?

great issue.. but like USC said, it's kind of weird that now all of a sudden the KB allows Naruto to be smart.
if we always thought it was because he was always headstrong and never thought of it, then i would think that Naruto would have gotten a lot stronger from battling everyone..

also, Kakashi should have mentioned this to Naruto a long time ago once he knew he mastered it and he is his senpai

CopyNinjaKakashi
January 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
I think the difference for Naruto's use of KB is similar to the differences between hearing and listening. Originally, he would use them and never gain any info from in a sense (hearing). Now, he uses the KB and learns from them by "listening" (they disappear and he gains their knowledge).

I really enjoyed this chapter. Naruto's development is nice. Nice wrap up of Shikamaru and Hidan.

This may be off topic but I am going to throw it out there. Seems some people think the RasenShuriken is a med- to long-range jutsu. It's possible, but Naruto has never thrown the Rasengan before, so I don't think the addition of wind chakra alone will make it a projectile. I always thought that since it was made of chakra it could never go too far from the body. I may be wrong, but I can't recall if anyone has used chakra itself in some form as a projectile. Just a little something I was curious about. The name (RasenShuriken) can mean that it is thrown and I am just wrong, or that it is called that because of it's shape.

Back to grading.

Elldar
January 26, 2007, 03:29 PM
Reason why he never realized the KB function, is because he always fought head-on, however it is possible he realized with his body, he used KB during the summoning technique for waste some chakra (hmm, never read that part of the manga just the anime).
and the reason why Kakshi didn' tell him was the fact Kakashi hundred 100% sure of Naruto's capacity to handle the training ( due to the mental overload ), and Jiraiya took care of naruto shortly after it was certain.
However Jiraiyas training was to fight him straight on and learning the basics of a ninja, that's why his improvement was that great. And Sasuke who had good base trained with Sharingan with Orochimaru.
_------------------------------------

still believe Shikamaru a bit easily. But it seem the 1 week writing time has it toll on the story (Naruto got worse after Chunnin-exam), the one with the sharpest tool, will win. Naruto must be splitting the chakra togheter and rubbed it togheter real good because it makes a noice.
Simulation, Naruto picks up things fast. Everytime he got scolded in the past he never repeated the mistake.
Hmm, I hope that Naruto doesn't flip out completely there is a limit to everything and if Naruto get a hell of alot stronger it will spoil the manga, honestly.

Just a wondering, from last chapter, when Tsunade comes back from Konoha she talks with Shika father "antlers-horn from that area is good for medicine"( close enough I assume).
That area is that forest but is the reindeers the protectors?

Kakuzu might get a little stressed now since he seen Fuuton: Rasengan Shuriken. Seemed to be afraid of the havoc it could make. I don't believe that "shuriken" is made for tossing. I presume it can't fly that fast, which would make it useless mid- longrange. So throwing no. not from 15 metres. Releasing it at a direction maybe.

darkstar7
January 26, 2007, 03:33 PM
I think the difference for Naruto's use of KB is similar to the differences between hearing and listening. Originally, he would use them and never gain any info from in a sense (hearing). Now, he uses the KB and learns from them by "listening" (they disappear and he gains their knowledge).

I really enjoyed this chapter. Naruto's development is nice. Nice wrap up of Shikamaru and Hidan.

This may be off topic but I am going to throw it out there. Seems some people think the RasenShuriken is a med- to long-range jutsu. It's possible, but Naruto has never thrown the Rasengan before, so I don't think the addition of wind chakra alone will make it a projectile. I always thought that since it was made of chakra it could never go too far from the body. I may be wrong, but I can't recall if anyone has used chakra itself in some form as a projectile. Just a little something I was curious about. The name (RasenShuriken) can mean that it is thrown and I am just wrong, or that it is called that because of it's shape.

Back to grading.

very good point about the dynamics of chakra if naruto had an object (or weapon) like asuma, which he can 'charge' with chakra and then throw that has been shown to work, but the thing is that it's just pure chakra naruto's workin with...so it's kinda confusing.

knowing what we know about rasengan and how it's always been used by naruto, i think you're right about it being called 'shuriken' because of it's appearance and not how it will be used.

Raijatsu
January 26, 2007, 03:38 PM
poor Hidan! :3
this new jutsu I wonder how it works a simple shuriken wouldn't hit Kakuzo that easily. But Naruto doesn't use complikated jutsus..... I think this one will be very interesting

HisshouBuraiKen
January 26, 2007, 03:43 PM
Anyone else disappointed in Ino? She's been pretty much a cheerleader during the entire fight. It seems like other than the ability to switch bodies with animals, she hasn't improved much.

I'm not. Like I said, it's pretty obvious that she's a skilled medical ninja if she's been dispatched twice to go up against Akatsuki (even if the second time was her going by herself). She's moved into a new role for the time being.

shachi
January 26, 2007, 03:51 PM
Man, I'm so disappointed in Hidan. Shikamaru has totally neutralized him. There is a chance that Hidan may have some sort of trick up his sleeve, but that chance looks pretty slim right now. If Hidan's post-victory ritual, as seen in previous chapters, has any kind of significance, I hope it comes into play. The fact that sai & sakura are en route is kind of a tease, too. Damn you, Kishimoto.

Raijatsu
January 26, 2007, 03:55 PM
They'll get there and then hidan comes back as a giant demon ^^
no. They'll simply meet with Shikamaru and sakura will note How much he has changes from the boy with an envy for clouds to this great Shinobi.

yira_heerai
January 26, 2007, 03:56 PM
knowing what we know about rasengan and how it's always been used by naruto, i think you're right about it being called 'shuriken' because of it's appearance and not how it will be used.

Well, in this chapter Kakashi also threw his own Rasegan into Naruto's -in the flashback anyway. Naruto may have learnt how to throw it through that sort of training. A shaky theory, but it is one nonetheless.

Also, the close up of Naruto's face? LOVED IT. Determination mixed with anger and hints of Kyuubi. Guh. Kishi knows how to hit a fangirl's buttons I swear. :drool

I'm actually kind of disappointed in Shikamaru. It's like he's basically saying "You're a loser. I'm the one cranking out the punishments, fool." Revenge does not suit him at all. Hopefully his attitude won't stay this way. I'm really hoping it doesn't. :s

kunai-knight
January 26, 2007, 04:54 PM
Are you kidding me? THese days its shikamaru's attitude thats been driving the manga forward lol imho anyway lol I dont think this will be his attitude forever though.

And i realized that even though hidan is still alive, i'm not too upset with it. He's like in pieces underground though isnt he?

USC Trojans
January 26, 2007, 05:08 PM
And i realized that even though hidan is still alive, i'm not too upset with it. He's like in pieces underground though isnt he?

What a crappy way to spend the rest of eternity....body blown apart...the pain...the pressure of the rocks. And there Hidan is, wide awake, knowing that he'll be in this situation for a looong long time.

Sarenji
January 26, 2007, 05:17 PM
This might be interesting. We saw Shikamaru, the genius, beat Hidan, the utter idiot.

Now there's Kakuzu and Naruto...

Who was Kakuzu compared to? Shikamaru. And what is Naruto's popular description? The idiot. (Though that image is disappearing and he's getting slightly smarter now!)

We'll see whether brawn trumps over brains this time.

Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki
January 26, 2007, 05:28 PM
What a crappy way to spend the rest of eternity....body blown apart...the pain...the pressure of the rocks. And there Hidan is, wide awake, knowing that he'll be in this situation for a looong long time.

Shikamaru has become the most ruthless person in the manga. I'm not necessarily sure i like it either. He's actually WORSE than Sasori. Sasori did not condemn someone to eternal pain.

poopoomaru
January 26, 2007, 06:13 PM
Shikamaru has become the most ruthless person in the manga. I'm not necessarily sure i like it either. He's actually WORSE than Sasori. Sasori did not condemn someone to eternal pain.

The man is immortal what do you want him to do?

I gotta say I wasnt expecting naruto's new jutsu to be a shuriken, so I am guessing it will be reminescent of Krillin's destructo disc ( only know the american name for it) , and I am guessing the chewy Rasengan core will blow up the shuriken on impact.

And so from Naruto's eyes I am guessing that means that he has complete control of the Kyuubi right? he can use the kyuubi's chakra effectively and not go down the path to the tailed forms.

Toad Sage
January 26, 2007, 06:16 PM
Yah I see your point Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki. I was questioning why so many people seemed disappointed by Hidan surviving, as if being condemned to the hell he's been condemned to is preferable to death. I'm not sure what others think, but the mere thought of being trapped alive forever (ala a lot of sixties "brain in a jar" kind of horrors) has to me been one of the scariest fates conceivable.

Shikamaru being able to inflict this upon an enemy to me is tremendous, much more important in 339 than Naruto figuring out that he was going to use the jutsu he's been creating for twenty chapters (lol, I can't believe they even printed that stuff). Perhaps Shikamaru's decisions will have some reprocussions in the coming chapters, as it will be hard for Konohoa to overlook his decisions if Kishimoto wants to make it an issue in the story.

SPAMU
January 26, 2007, 06:21 PM
Ugh. This chapter.... I don't know what to say, but: could kishimoto possibly cram anymore cliches into 17 pages? The whole enemy-waiting-on-the-sidelines after the appearance of the hero to allow time for a debriefing? The stereotypical one-slash-ends-all sword fight with a delayed reaction between Naruto and Kakashi? And the powerful foe saying something like, "I've gotta dodge it or I'm toast!" (omg, deebeezee, anyone?). I mean, otherwise, the delineation was fine... just the presentation was so hackneyed.

dfcarolinaguy
January 26, 2007, 06:27 PM
Well hidan kinda immortal, soooo you have to something to get rid of him, and shikamura method is the best way

tupacamaru
January 26, 2007, 06:30 PM
Ugh. This chapter.... I don't know what to say, but: could kishimoto possibly cram anymore cliches into 17 pages? The whole enemy-waiting-on-the-sidelines after the appearance of the hero to allow time for a debriefing? The stereotypical one-slash-ends-all sword fight with a delayed reaction between Naruto and Kakashi? And the powerful foe saying something like, "I've gotta dodge it or I'm toast!" (omg, deebeezee, anyone?). I mean, otherwise, the delineation was fine... just the presentation was so hackneyed.

yeah, it's true all the cliche thingie, but people like them... I would say japanese style if you will

aznhotbod
January 26, 2007, 06:56 PM
well, its feasible and many people mentioned that Zetsu could potentially scout him out and either rescue him or get the ring (simply leaving him there for failing or being such a wuss). I would like to have Hidan come back, that is if Kakuzu gets killed by Naruto. It'll be like Sasori getting killed being the stronger of the two while Deidara survived

Raseru
January 26, 2007, 07:10 PM
I liked this chapter and all, (especially Shika's attitude) but what bugs me is why would Kakashi smash his own weaker Rasengan into Naruto's element enhanced one knowing that he wouldn't win? Meh, I guess he had a good reason for it.

Kazeken, Itari
January 26, 2007, 07:11 PM
This new technique to me might be a prelude to what we might see down the line. I think it might be one of two techniques he's trying to master. The Fuuton: Rasengan Shuriken is basically his Rasengan with wind chakra. The technique that caused a crater in the ground could possibly be the Fuuton: Odama Rasengan Shuriken maybe? Plus, In one of the many filler espisodes, there was a scene of Naruto firing off multiple Rasengan to power a boat. Imagine him being able to fire off multiple Rasengan Shurikens. That would help a lot in batting Sasuke's speed advantage. A spinning wind shuriken that probably gonna be hella fast, it is wind after all. Sorry if anyone has mention this already.

And that's my two cents.

Raseru
January 26, 2007, 07:18 PM
This new technique to me might be a prelude to what we might see down the line. I think it might be one of two techniques he's trying to master. The Fuuton: Rasengan Shuriken is basically his Rasengan with wind chakra. The technique that caused a crater in the ground could possibly be the Fuuton: Odama Rasengan Shuriken maybe? Plus, In one of the many filler espisodes, there was a scene of Naruto firing off multiple Rasengan to power a boat. Imagine him being able to fire off multiple Rasengan Shurikens. That would help a lot in batting Sasuke's speed advantage. A spinning wind shuriken that probably gonna be hella fast, it is wind after all. Sorry if anyone has mention this already.

And that's my two cents.

You've gotta remember that the fillers are full of crap... and that they made Rasengan a weak jutsu... but anyway, that point you've got could be right (and cool). And they WOULD be really fast...

Hemostrat
January 26, 2007, 07:41 PM
*too lazy to read previous posts* Anyone a bit sad that Kakuzu just kinda stood still and didn't do anything? Of course, that could also show how fast the Kazengan is made...

Oh, and this also prooves Naruto now has made more then one Fuuton jutsu out of the Rasengan. In chapter 337 he only says "Fuuton: Rasengan!" and now RasenShuriken like in this chapter.

Shouji
January 26, 2007, 07:59 PM
why eveyhing has to be rasengan in the middle???
naruto need some nwe jutsus :P

godofthesunn
January 26, 2007, 08:10 PM
your right we need some new jutus's, but even still some of his improvs are good,... I really want to see him learn the flash technique of youndaime. that way he could easily get close to anyone and end the fight...

boyakist4649
January 26, 2007, 08:43 PM
it was finally good to see Naruto actually being presented like the main character of the story. It also seems like he may have accelerated his "battle tactics" knowledge with his use of kage-bunshins.

As for some people being upset with Shikamaru being a bit vengeful, I guess I keep in mind that his mentor was "cursed" and then killed before his eyes. I was a tad bit disappointed with how it all seems to end - it seems like Kishimoto-sensei's creative juices may be somewhat drying. I seemed to be more surprised at Shikamaru's tactics before Part Two.

deepu
January 26, 2007, 08:51 PM
Wonders what did Yamato exactly mean when he said Naruto only got 50% of progress...(back in 338)

Wind_NiN
January 26, 2007, 09:03 PM
Wow, if that jutsu's only 50% complete and has that much amount of power, just imagine it when it's complete.
It will look like a hurricane but with the power of a blender! (though I hope it won't chop, it may be bloody :-()

diegocfq
January 26, 2007, 09:42 PM
I hope that Zetsu finds Hidan and eat him =P

Yeah 339 wasn't that awesome, this thing, Kishimoto always toys with our expectations =P

My prediction is that Naruto will be able to hit Kakuzu with the info he got from the kage bunshins, but that will not kill kakuzu, although I think it will take out two hearts at once, and then Kakuzu will use his true power or will flee.

I was thinking now, when kakuzu didnt have all these hearts what he used to fight? Just his own element jutsus and that wires? I think he has a nasty trick to show us yet, the trick he used to defeat the most powerful opponents, after all in the flashbacks it only shows him extracting the hearts...

deathshadow25
January 26, 2007, 10:47 PM
I hope that Zetsu finds Hidan and eat him =P

Yeah 339 wasn't that awesome, this thing, Kishimoto always toys with our expectations =P

My prediction is that Naruto will be able to hit Kakuzu with the info he got from the kage bunshins, but that will not kill kakuzu, although I think it will take out two hearts at once, and then Kakuzu will use his true power or will flee.

I was thinking now, when kakuzu didnt have all these hearts what he used to fight? Just his own element jutsus and that wires? I think he has a nasty trick to show us yet, the trick he used to defeat the most powerful opponents, after all in the flashbacks it only shows him extracting the hearts...

I think the contrary that chapter is a cool chapter because his attack was soo cool, it was almost worth it reading all those training chapters this summer (I said almost) despite kishi having Krillins destructo disk planted in his head and using it subconciously as Naruto's attaack, I think it looks cool. it even gives naruto room to complete it o further it ( 70 %, 90% etc) even though it might get little tedious if he does that too often.

Substance
January 27, 2007, 12:30 AM
LOL @ Naruto's destructo disc
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/ZeroUVP4/destructorasenganxd4.jpg

another1
January 27, 2007, 01:31 AM
On page 11, center panel on the left side. Is it me or is Natuto reaching for something?http://www.chikusho.net/mangafc/339_pages/11.jpg

Woohoo! First post!

poopoomaru
January 27, 2007, 01:47 AM
LOL @ Naruto's destructo disc
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/ZeroUVP4/destructorasenganxd4.jpg

lol I totally called that on pg 16 of this thread! lol

Wonders what did Yamato exactly mean when he said Naruto only got 50% of progress...(back in 338)

Well because it is not total immersion into what COULD be done with the jutsu. I think that this Rasengan shuriken is just something NAruto realized he could make any effective weapon as he tried to make the full fuuton rasengan.

Rasengan in its basic form has two different things going on,rapidly randomly spinning chakra, and a chakra outer shell to contain it. What Naruto has done so far (as it looks from the pics) is lay a third layer of wind chakra around the chakra shell. This mirrors truly how he achieved the fuuton rasengan , all three layers of chakra are completely separate and done by a different clone. This shuriken rasengan is simply when a great deal of wind chakra is wrapped the rasengan around in the shape of a shuriken. While this is doubtlessly much more powerful then the ordinary rasengan , it does not however utilize a complete combination of Nature and shape manipulation , rather very advanced forms of both stacked on top of each other. Because of the open-ended ness of this kind of thing we will probably see a few more forms possibly , with at least one more ultimate form.