PDA

View Full Version : Complete [Webtoon] Can't See Can't Hear But Love by NastyCat

k-dom
March 13, 2012, 09:54 AM
Can't See Can't Hear But Love

Demographics: Seongin (Seinen)
Genre: Slice of life, Romance
Publishing Status: Complete (Scanlation in progress)
Writer: Nasty Cat
Artist: Nasty Cat
manga updates (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=73707)
Daum raws (http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/nosee#11)

http://www.mangaupdates.com/image/i121630.png
(http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=73707)
About the Story
A love story between a blind man and a deaf woman.

Personal Note: This is the webcomic Nasty cat wrote between Trace and Trace 1.5, but you would never guessed that if nobody tells you. The art and subject are completely different from Trace, so even if you didn't like his former work, don't hesitate to take a look to this lovely love story.

Because that's what this webcomic is about, a slice of life love story between a blind man and a deaf woman. How did a famous manhwaga become blind ? How did they met each other ? Why are they so happy now despite their handicaps ?
Honestly that was love at first read for me.

phio_chan
August 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
Now I can say, this series is a love at first sight for me too.

This is one of the reasons why I like manhwa and how it adapts real life issues into a work of art. Not that manga doesn't, probably my fault too for not being able to find one. :P

First time reading it, it was such an ironic but lovely story. The blind husband and deaf wife, although their lives are full of imperfection, can still live in harmony with each other. As I read more we see the story behind each, why they end up the way the are, and how they meet and grow into who they are today. Very inspirational. I'm still at the beginning, very far, but I'll enjoy this trip. I'm sure of it.

Thanks for your amazing recommendation, k-dom. :thumbs

k-dom
August 20, 2012, 07:36 AM
Oh it's nice you found it. I think this webtoon should deserve more appreciation since it is really great, but romance webtoons are not the favorite genre in this section :-(
I don't know where you are right now but every chapter is always a nice read. Lot's of emotion and compassion but just the right amount (Though I cried a lot...)
Now that I have read a bit more, I see more connection in the art and storytelling with Trace but it's not really a problem since the plot are completely different.

phio_chan
August 25, 2012, 09:40 AM
I'm now at the latest chapter, chapter 45. ;)

Yes, it is unfortunate than romance, slice-of-life manhwa are not so popular. This series actually sends out great message to the readers about having faith in life and keep fighting for it no matter how hard it is. Even this disabled family can, and happily in top of it. Surely it is not impossible in real life. Realistic, I may say.

These last few chapters about the dog makes me just... I don't know, kind of touched? To know that the dog can feel that, and to see that even the dog's story is being told, and how everything is connected to each other, haha~ Such a dog. If even dogs think like that of their owners... Wow.

k-dom
August 26, 2012, 04:32 PM
Yes for some reasons (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/72745-One-Page-recommendation?p=2993986&viewfull=1#post2993986) I reread the first chapters and it's funny to see the dog out of breath now that we know the reason. This part was really touching indeed, I wonder if we will have the story of the cat one day too :-)

Speaking of romance webtoons, have you tried My heart is beating (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=50160) ? It's really great too and not to long.

I haven't, will try it out when I can. ;)

---------- Post added August 26, 2012 at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was August 25, 2012 at 03:13 PM ----------

Dong-seong, it's not the grannys who need you, it's a poor sad girl.
Did I say I love this guy ?

phio_chan
August 28, 2012, 10:28 AM
I will really enjoy if one day this annoying female assistant fall in love with Dong Seog.

Dong Seog is such a guy with big heart. His story made me so sad, and even more when I look at how he risks everything in his life to return his mistakes and help as many people as he can. He himself is in trouble, and yet... That's so motivating.

This whole story is so motivating.

Have I told you I love this series? :hurr

k-dom
September 16, 2012, 04:17 PM
Yes you must convince the other girls of the shojo section to read it. I'm pretty sure some of them will like it too
i couldn't resist watching a few raws and I can't wait to read the second next chapter. Dong seong face looks hilarious

---------- Post added September 16, 2012 at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was August 28, 2012 at 03:51 PM ----------

After Silver Spoon, what is this week where everyone ends up falling at the end of the chapter ?!?

Poor Dong Seog, it won't be easy to progress at this pace :-)

phio_chan
September 20, 2012, 02:21 AM
The ending made me worried. What happened? For a while there I thought he may get his vision back, really. :oh

Poor Dong Seong indeed, but he doesn't seem to be the type to quickly give up. I wish him all the best, and may he keep that assistant far from our main couple! :asa

Akainu
October 07, 2012, 05:09 PM
this chapter is such a horrible, horrible tease. so well executed, even with the doctors latin :rofl but still a horrible tease T_T

k-dom
October 08, 2012, 08:52 AM
Ending a chapter this way should be forbidden by law :-)

And I don't understand why people hate Mr president. He is so extreme in his arrogance that he makes a very funny character

phio_chan
October 09, 2012, 07:03 AM
Agreed. I probably should've expected it to be that bad... but I couldn't help to raise my scrolling speed just to get to the end and saw THAT. How upsetting, :-_-

But well, I can guess, more or less. Seems to be not a good news, probably terminal illness like cancer or tumor or something like that... Sori... :s

Akainu
October 14, 2012, 05:42 PM
:crying...:scry
this is just too much. the president must have hired/bribed the doctor or something. (reminds me a bit of sao :derp) in any case, I do hope he gets a check up from another doc :s

k-dom
October 15, 2012, 03:59 AM
Yes I'm not sure I like the drama path it is taking. I liked the cheerful chapters better and would like a happy ending.
But once again the visual effects were great. That is one aspect of this web-comic I really like so far

Akainu
October 15, 2012, 04:17 PM
yup, that one time when he 'transformes' was just brilliant. guess it's time to honour that poor guy

ukimix
October 17, 2012, 12:06 AM
Hi there ;-)

Yes, it would be horrible with a tragic end.

Tori has to have a past and it hasn't been told yet. It just can't end with out telling us about her.

---------- Post added October 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was October 16, 2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

Welcome to this part of mangahelpers ukimix. I'm glad you enjoyed Can't see, can't here too (as you can see above, all the signature credit go to Akainu and phio_chan :-)
We have a small thread for the web comic here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/75769-Webtoon-Can-t-See-Can-t-Hear-But-Love-by-NastyCat). Nastycat is indeed certainly a nickname, he is more famous for his other webcomic Trace. It's a supernatural serie, good but with a not so good end. Can't se, can't here has a chapter translated every weeky (on Sunday evening French time). The serie is already finished so you can be spoiled if you want to :-) and there is only 1 scanlator (only few series have several)
If you like web-comic, the most popular ones are Tower of god and Noblesse ( both have a forum). Personally, I also really like the works of the author Ha Il-kwon (http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=9712)

I'm a bit confused :confused: . Is Can't see can't hear already finished? Batoto says is ongoing...

I hope this nasty cat author doesn't like tragic ends.

Ohhh! Yes, cat's stoy hasn't been told neither. It wouldn't be fair with that tender cat.

k-dom
October 17, 2012, 12:33 AM
It's complete but translation is ongoing. Batoto wants its status to be the translation one contrary to here. There are around 80 chapter in total.

phio_chan
October 17, 2012, 04:17 AM
The last sentence breaks my heart. :mono

It's sad that things turn out this way. As someone who comes from medical field I'd love to know what exactly happened, LOL~ Either way, I wish we won't have so short with the story since there seems to be still quite a lot to share, especially about the rivals.

ukimix
October 18, 2012, 10:15 AM
Akainu must be right, the president should have to hire that Doctor. A sudden terminal illness doesn't fit well with the whole plot, even more if the author appeal to handicap condition to create this lovely love story... I mean, in the beginning, this nice love story is developed out of handicapped human condition, and then a terminal illness is used to kill one of the lovers???? It would be stupid, ... like if the message would be that illness or/and handicap condition triumph over love and joy.

Instead of it, a doctor hired to provoke some kind of crisis or chaos does fit with the whole plot. ... I hope so! http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com/forums/images/graemlins/default/pray.gif

k-dom
October 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
I hope the president is not clever enough for such a plan. I don't want him to be that evil. Even if a lot of fans dislike him, I find him funny.
Maybe love will make a miracle. Argh it's hard not to go see the raw. I try to restrain myself with only one or two chapters :-)

ukimix
October 21, 2012, 08:47 PM
I don't know where to get the raw, neither I want to know... so don't tell me. ;-)

---------- Post added October 21, 2012 at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was October 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM ----------

"....THAT CAN'T BE... i WON'T DIE.."

... MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU :yoda

...uggg, with this pace, now the idea of wanting to watch the raw just got another meaning.

ukimix
November 21, 2012, 09:47 PM
Ey guys! I wanted to tell you that I'm doing the translation of this manhwa into spanish. Here the link to my first chapter: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/142585/cant-see-cant-hear-but-love_ch16_by_bajo-el-puente-ee-scans..

I'm so happy with this work. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/71394/2487824-5871d1310653240-celebrating-sikh-smiley-art-mai-harinder-tears-of-joy-smileys_super.jpg snif snif...!

phio_chan
December 01, 2012, 03:42 AM
Oh, god, now the plot is getting slow and turning in a way I dislike. -_-;

I believe that ultimately the couple will be reunited, but I don't think I can stand to see them being separated because of forces around them. It's so sad. But I'm looking forward to how they will tackle it over.

Guess we all need to prepare for a sad ending. :(

ukimix
December 02, 2012, 06:31 PM
Guess we all need to prepare for a sad ending. :(

Sori is so lovely. You can feel how her character is very appreciated by the author, Nastycat. I would bet it's not going to be a sad ending. I bet for a happy ending.

In terms of plot development I find difficult to find a solution to Yung-yeom (the manhwa assistant). Mr President is a very nice character, since, given that love is not buyable, with him you only can ask: where is he going to end?

---------- Post added December 02, 2012 at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was December 01, 2012 at 10:29 AM ----------

My impresion of this chapter (60)...

1. Sori giving her hand to Mr President and making a deal with him.... poor President. He doesn't know what he gets... ... just in the lion's den.
2. The only real danger for Sori and Geun is Geun's terminal disease.
3. Geun desappearing?? .. ... Nnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

phio_chan
December 07, 2012, 11:39 PM
Disappearance. That makes things even more complicated. Sori and his assistant-whose-name-I-can-never-remember (Yun Jeong, was it?) will go around searching for him, the president will eventually tag along too, and big possibility that they will find out about his illness when they find him. Nothing's easy for all of them, eh?

I also don't want to believe that the doctor is hired by the president. I mean.. He is evil in terms of Sori maybe, but to go that far telling someone that he's gonna die is an evil action at another level, IMO, and rather scary. The president didn't seem... too intelligent to go that far. :PPP

Aw, it's ending soon. Kind of worried...

Akainu
December 08, 2012, 05:47 AM
I also don't want to believe that the doctor is hired by the president. I mean.. He is evil in terms of Sori maybe, but to go that far telling someone that he's gonna die is an evil action at another level, IMO, and rather scary. The president didn't seem... too intelligent to go that far. :PPP

That part about the evil president (who probably has honest feelings, but just acts like a sore loser) hiring the doctor is somewhat more and more improbable. I mean, spitting blood like he did can't be possibly caused by a drug he got during the examination over an extended period of time?
So, it really looks like it's going to be a sad ending at the moment :(

ukimix
December 09, 2012, 10:11 PM
Poor guy who tries to be brave enough to make that call and then.... rrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rofl!!

ukimix
February 17, 2013, 06:28 PM
I'm a patient guy, but this story is starting to become a bit anoying.

Why not to tell Sori the true. Honesty, respect and love rhyme each other. What Geun is doing is not believable; it seems more as if the story is becoming a poor quality soap opera. Even if he is going to die, a proper death for him would be with Sori and his mom right at his side. I can give it credit right now, and Mr President's try to gift Sori is the only thing nice among the last chapters.

phio_chan
February 19, 2013, 07:01 AM
I'm a patient guy, but this story is starting to become a bit anoying.

Why not to tell Sori the true. Honesty, respect and love rhyme each other. What Geun is doing is not believable; it seems more as if the story is becoming a poor quality soap opera. Even if he is going to die, a proper death for him would be with Sori and his mom right at his side. I can give it credit right now, and Mr President's try to gift Sori is the only thing nice among the last chapters.

I share your feelings that the story dragged on a bit, but I don't know, I'd probably do the same thing if I were in his place. Maybe I won't truly understand the guilty of making someone taking care for me for my whole life if I'm blind, but that's probably what Geun Soo feels and that he doesn't want to bother Sori even more. He's scared of dying and scared to let people know that he's dying, so he runs away. Quite a natural defense mechanism, if you ask me, no matter how annoying it is. ^^;

The president's gift is so cute, the dress is so pretty. LOL at their quarrel and LOL at the secretary. She's such a character to call her boss a retard. :lmao

ukimix
February 19, 2013, 10:40 AM
I share your feelings that the story dragged on a bit, but I don't know, I'd probably do the same thing if I were in his place. Maybe I won't truly understand the guilty of making someone taking care for me for my whole life if I'm blind, but that's probably what Geun Soo feels and that he doesn't want to bother Sori even more. He's scared of dying and scared to let people know that he's dying, so he runs away. Quite a natural defense mechanism, if you ask me, no matter how annoying it is. ^^;

The president's gift is so cute, the dress is so pretty. LOL at their quarrel and LOL at the secretary. She's such a character to call her boss a retard. :lmao

Ok, but, tell me, suppose you are Sori: what would you think of what Geum is doing?

phio_chan
February 20, 2013, 09:01 AM
Ok, but, tell me, suppose you are Sori: what would you think of what Geum is doing?

If I were Sori, I'd definitely feel hurt and sad because he didn't trust me enough to tell everything that happened to him. :nod

I get your point. Especially if we look at it from Sori's point of view who has been fighting hard for Geun Soo. It's just not fair. As much as I dislike Geun Soo for doing that to Sori, it is part of his character. Ever since he turned blind he got even more introvert, secluded, or something like that, until he could open up to Sori. Blindness was one turning point in his life, news of him dying is another one. So he repeated the same habit. That's me guessing. :P

ukimix
February 20, 2013, 04:22 PM
If I were Sori, I'd definitely feel hurt and sad because he didn't trust me enough to tell everything that happened to him. :nod

I get your point. Especially if we look at it from Sori's point of view who has been fighting hard for Geun Soo. It's just not fair. As much as I dislike Geun Soo for doing that to Sori, it is part of his character. Ever since he turned blind he got even more introvert, secluded, or something like that, until he could open up to Sori. Blindness was one turning point in his life, news of him dying is another one. So he repeated the same habit. That's me guessing. :P

Yes, after all, it's a love story. Not the story of a child that decide to be protected for the women of his life. Notice that he's been selfish, he's driven by his pain, and he is ignoring the feelings of his woman. Pretty much like an adolescent that hasn't grown enought.

In his case, love should be a force as strong as to change the way he lives his live, a force that releases him from the fears and makes him free. But now, it seems he needs to learn a lesson about living the live against all adversity... again.

Akainu
June 01, 2013, 03:22 AM
not sure if chapter 70 is the perfect ending before the story is ruined or if it gives a completly false idea :notsure

either way, I'm pondering about "reading" the remaining chapters without translation. it's been quite some time since the last one came out after all :/

ukimix
June 22, 2013, 10:03 PM
Bad news about the scans of last chapters. As you know I have translated some chapters into Spanish. My partners from the fansub contacted robocup, the Korean-English translator, some weeks ago to ask him for the last English chapters. Well, he won't translated the last chapters, since Nastycat has changed the view format from free to view to pay per view and he won't be able to pay for each chapter.

phio_chan
July 04, 2013, 10:24 AM
Bad news about the scans of last chapters. As you know I have translated some chapters into Spanish. My partners from the fansub contacted robocup, the Korean-English translator, some weeks ago to ask him for the last English chapters. Well, he won't translated the last chapters, since Nastycat has changed the view format from free to view to pay per view and he won't be able to pay for each chapter.

I have just seen this. It's a very sad news! Why did he decide to do that for the last chapters... I guess it's to invite readers to pay, then. Too bad. I hope one day we'll be able to see the end. *sigh*

ukimix
July 04, 2013, 11:26 AM
I have just seen this. It's a very sad news! Why did he decide to do that for the last chapters... I guess it's to invite readers to pay, then. Too bad. I hope one day we'll be able to see the end. *sigh*

Don't you guys know a korean translator? He he/she writes the script, my group would make the scanlation work.

MiyamotoMusashi
July 04, 2013, 03:41 PM

Yeah, i saw that. I had been waiting for a new chapter for a while now but since nothing came, i thought to peek into the raws and at least get a gist of the ending but at that point, it was already blocked.

phio_chan
July 06, 2013, 09:48 AM
Don't you guys know a korean translator? He he/she writes the script, my group would make the scanlation work.

I think the problem is not who wants to translate, but who wants to help pay so we can see the raws to work on. Unfortunately I can't help financially. :(

ukimix
July 06, 2013, 10:05 AM
I think the problem is not who wants to translate, but who wants to help pay so we can see the raws to work on. Unfortunately I can't help financially. :(

Ah yes. Sorry, I forgot to make clear what I think. I honestly don’t understand what Robocup says. Because raw chapter is perfectly visible to me and to everyone in the planet. So what does he mean with ‘pay per view’? Because if he would have to pay for posting English scans, I wouldn’t call it ‘pay per view’.

Besides of it, the guy also dropped Living with One Leg, from the same author, but he has told us that he’s planning on keep this project with another group…. :huh: Something is wrong in what he says. (We have complete scans of Trace from the same author, then why just Can't see and not the other manhwas??)

Now, someone who speaks Korean could, as a first step, confirm if there is some kind of regulation on the use of Can’t see raws for posting English scans, and if that’s not the case, he/she could help us with the script of 4 chapters or so, which is the only ones that left to be translated.

phio_chan
July 06, 2013, 10:11 AM
Ah yes. Sorry, I forgot to make clear what I think. I honestly don’t understand what Robocup says. Because raw chapter is perfectly visible to me and to everyone in the planet. So what does he mean with ‘pay per view’? Because if he would have to pay for posting English scans, I wouldn’t call it ‘pay per view’.

Besides of it, the guy also dropped Living with One Leg, from the same author, but he has told us that he’s planning on keep this project with another group…. :huh: Something is wrong in what he says. (We have complete scans of Trace from the same author, then why just Can't see and not the other manhwas??)

Now, someone who speaks Korean could, as a first step, confirm if there is some kind of regulation on the use of Can’t see raws for posting English scans, and if that’s not the case, he/she could help us with the script of 4 chapters or so, which is the only ones that left to be translated.

Checking the place where it's published (http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/nosee#11), chapter 71 and 72 are free to view, but chapter 73 is not. MangaUpdates says this series ends in 80 chapters, but Daum only has 73 chapters. Perhaps the translator is frustrated knowing that he can't even take a look of the final chapter despite translating this far, haha.

ukimix
July 06, 2013, 10:14 AM
Checking the place where it's published (http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/nosee#11), chapter 71 and 72 are free to view, but chapter 73 is not. MangaUpdates says this series ends in 80 chapters, but Daum only has 73 chapters. Perhaps the translator is frustrated knowing that he can't even take a look of the final chapter despite translating this far, haha.

Ok, I hadn't made the comparison with mangaupdates. I will take that as an explanation of what happened. What a shame!

Now I think the author or naver were really nasty on charging the view of the last chapters. How curious, just when the English scanlation was about to end. (The manhwa is from 2010).

ukimix
August 29, 2013, 09:16 PM
Good news: it seems someone is making good use of his money. 4 new Chapters available on the batoto: http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/cant-see-cant-hear-but-love-r3308

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Wow, four chapters read. Now, let's pray together:

"Dear God, give this nice translator (Christine (http://holdmyfeels.tumblr.com/)) enough health, time and money to post the last chapters of this story, and please may Daun and Nastycat not want to stop her in her charitable actions.... Amen"

Akainu
August 30, 2013, 03:58 PM
:gwah, such a nice person, too bad she doesn't seem to post here.
also...
:scry it's getting so intense, I can't imagine it could be wrapped up properly in so few chapters

ukimix
September 18, 2013, 03:42 PM
New chapter: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/195504/cant-see-cant-hear-but-love_ch75_by_holdmyfeels

It's ending well for sonny and Yunjeon, it should have to end well for the protagonists...

phio_chan
September 19, 2013, 10:12 AM
Wow, finally. I admit I've almost forgotten what chapter 70 was about. :oh Took me few seconds to remember what it had. :oh

God, my face turned blank, lol. Honestly as I read the chapters I was preparing for a sad ending. I was surprised the author did that twist to even Yun Jeong, as if he had wanted to give sad ending for everyone... But he turned it back. So a small hope came to me, but judging at the condition of Geun Soo it seemed impossible. I can only wish that they can meet for one last time.

Now I'm feeling so sad. :(

ukimix
September 19, 2013, 10:35 AM
Wow, finally. I admit I've almost forgotten what chapter 70 was about. :oh Took me few seconds to remember what it had. :oh

God, my face turned blank, lol. Honestly as I read the chapters I was preparing for a sad ending. I was surprised the author did that twist to even Yun Jeong, as if he had wanted to give sad ending for everyone... But he turned it back. So a small hope came to me, but judging at the condition of Geun Soo it seemed impossible. I can only wish that they can meet for one last time.

Now I'm feeling so sad. :(Yunjeon saying: "I failed again" on her suicide try was funny. The good new was the paramedic guy making his confession to her. After a suicide try, many things can change, and I suppose the paramedic guy has a chance now.

I wonder how it ends for the main trio, the 'villain' included.

phio_chan
September 19, 2013, 11:05 AM
Yunjeon saying: "I failed again" on her suicide try was funny. The good new was the paramedic guy making his confession to her. After a suicide try, many things can change, and I suppose the paramedic guy has a chance now.

I wonder how it ends for the main trio, the 'villain' included.

I think so too. Poor paramedic, he dedicated his life for others' happiness but it's so hard reaching his own. I hope for a better turn after this.

As for the 'villain'... He looked like he was mentally hurt, and it would take time to return to normal... If what he was before was really normal, lol. I just hope he won't hurt So Ri or Geun Soo.