PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 277 Discussion/ 278 Predictions

ghostexiled
March 23, 2012, 06:21 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

FrostyMouse
March 30, 2012, 09:05 AM
Chapter 277: http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v31/c277/1.html

The MS link: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/36406104/1

Newkerzy
March 30, 2012, 09:09 AM
Nice!! I like how Bacchus versus Elfman is playing out. It's pretty obvious Bacchus goading Elfman to be serious and what better way than to put his sisters on the line. And funny how we were both wrong and right about today's matchups.

Skyguardian
March 30, 2012, 09:12 AM
He REALLY wants us to hate Raven Tail...
And sure... I do.

Comedy was good. A transitional chapter... okay. I don't mind.
Can't wait for next week though!

Darjaille
March 30, 2012, 09:12 AM
Lol, it's not Erza in the end :P

I'm just going to say that if Elfman wins, I'm going to be pissed. Erza is someone on whole another level, and this guy got stronger in the 7 years, not only Elfman during those 3 months. I just really hope he doesn't pull of a man/nakama win, when Lucy and Jellal lost.

From what Charle said, it sounds like Lucy turned bad in her vision and destroyed the whole city or something. :plot

27 pages next week :spaz

REN KOUEN
March 30, 2012, 09:23 AM
elfman is gonna whup that mofo

sorry i think bacchus had the edge until he brought up elfman's sisters, i dont see any way elfman loses this fight "as a man" lol

but the fight between the snake guy from RT and the dog guy from LS was kind of dissapointing, i would rather see someone like leon from LS take on that bastard, that would have been epic

i am interested in what was said by natsu at the end of the chapter about the smell of someone unfamiliar in the room....i wonder if someone in FT has been kidnapped and one of the people in the room is a clone/imposter or something.....
natsu's nose is almost NEVER wrong

Uriel
March 30, 2012, 09:35 AM
Elfman is not weak either, it should be interesting anyway. And now I thank the translator of MS to post here before to point that thing out.
And don't you think that the king looks kinda like Ichiya? And I'm calling it now, that bodyguard is Ivan.

Impossibility
March 30, 2012, 09:38 AM
Interested in seeing what Bacchus can do. But after the comment on Elfman's sisters, I've got to give the upcoming battle to him. He is going to go wild, probably similar to Mirajane's displays.

I've got to admit to finding Raven Tail unlikable, but also not at all interesting.

k-dom
March 30, 2012, 09:48 AM
OK the first half can be forgotten it was just ridiculous, but the twist on the second half was nice.

THM Nindo
March 30, 2012, 09:49 AM
Wow... saying such things about his sisters, Elfman is going to go wild on him!
I can't wait to see it.

He might even manage to win that fight!! :tem

REN KOUEN
March 30, 2012, 09:54 AM
Elfman is not weak either, it should be interesting anyway. And now I thank the translator of MS to post here before to point that thing out.
And don't you think that the king looks kinda like Ichiya? And I'm calling it now, that bodyguard is Ivan.

when did the translator post here?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

OK the first half can be forgotten it was just ridiculous, but the twist on the second half was nice.

i agree, the chapter began slow but ended epic, this seems to be a commond trend with FT

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Interested in seeing what Bacchus can do. But after the comment on Elfman's sisters, I've got to give the upcoming battle to him. He is going to go wild, probably similar to Mirajane's displays.

I've got to admit to finding Raven Tail unlikable, but also not at all interesting.

i find it interesting that flare is being beaten, and god knows what else goes on behind the scenes in RT
they are truly an evil guild

syx
March 30, 2012, 10:09 AM
The fight between Kurohebi and Toby was boring. But it was good that the fight ended in a few pages, since I don't like both of them.
And lol @ Arcadias being trolled like us, nice move from Mashima!

I hope the fight between Bacchus and Elfman turns out to be very interesting. In my opinion Bacchus doesn't appear like he would lose to Elfman.
But seriously, after what he said about Elfmans sisters, how could anyone lose after that? Elfman probably can win this by pulling out a spirit who never gives up. Powerwise I assume Bacchus is stronger. 27 pages next Chapter, I'm looking forward!

I totally agree with you, I couldn't care less about Raven Tail. Unlike other villains they seem to be too typical.

fcToho
March 30, 2012, 10:25 AM

Yeah, it's the same for me. I really like Sabretooth, Leon, Jura (new design ftw), Bacchus.
But Raven Tail... :-/ They are a bit lame. :cookiestare

I'm looking forward to Elfman going all out. Bacchus is a good guy, he just wanted to have a real battle.
I could be satisfied with both Elfman or Bacchus win (or draw). It just has to be explained a bit. For example Bacchus could still be a bit too drunk and Elfman summons all his might.

As I said sometimes ago, I hope the transformation magic becomes more versatile. Not just the demon transformation.

-Ken-
March 30, 2012, 10:29 AM
Man. If anything, this tournament is just a gather of jerk. I'm not sure if he's joking to get Elfman serious or not, but this of thing shouldn't be said as a joke.

Beat him up! Elfman!

Atobe the king
March 30, 2012, 10:34 AM
Am i the only one bothered by obvious domestic abuse in raven tail being played for drama :< ? Something about a male character beating on a female like that bugs me...but anyway...

27 pages next chapter...hope its a good one...this arc feels like its moving at a snails pace to me for some reason,and after what bacchus said...elfman better not lose.

REN KOUEN
March 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
Am i the only one bothered by obvious domestic abuse in raven tail being played for drama :< ? Something about a male character beating on a female like that bugs me...but anyway...

27 pages next chapter...hope its a good one...this arc feels like its moving at a snails pace to me for some reason,and after what bacchus said...elfman better not lose.
yea just like the same raven tail that beat the piss out of little 11 year old wendy just before the tournament

those guys at RT have no class or ethics man, they are scum

wooticus
March 30, 2012, 11:00 AM
the first half of this chapter was.. nothing but slapstick. i can imagine this mimicry magic will be important later in this arc. but that hound guy? just forget him. i wonder what happened to wendy als polyushka.. were they abducted? the role of wendy in this arc is really myterious. first the stuff about the new attacks, then she's knocked out off screen. now nearly healthy again she's away again. is she training those new attacks? Well. We'lll see. A new scent must mean some completely new chapter because Natsu should have smelled all those guy's who are in the tournament.

And well. Elfman will lose. What's with that bacchus / erza rivalry? He can't seriously compete with her if he loses against elfman. maybe he lets him win. don't know.. But obviously this is: give elfman a fight so you can take in wendy again. I'm just getting bored of this. Another arc starting with fairy tail + fairy tail friends getting ther ass kicked all over. And in 10 weeks we will be at the point were fairy tail suddenly kicks the ass out of everybody else around...
At the moment i just wish that someone of FT contestants get's replaced by mavis for a day and she just shows them how to kick ass.

Gats
March 30, 2012, 11:10 AM
The first half of this chapter was random. Too ridiculous to laugh about, actually.

The second part confirms what the translator told us about the discussion between the knight and the king. Things start to be a bit more interesting with Natsu. I hope that Elfman will make a big show. I'm not sure if the drunk guy was serious or was just taunting his opponent to be serious or too upset. He seems to be the type of guy who would taunt anyway.

MONKEYS
March 30, 2012, 11:23 AM
And lol @ Arcadias being trolled like us, nice move from Mashima!

Is it just me, or does it seem like Arcadias actually planned that, and is only pretending to have made a mistake? I say this because, after the king said he wanted Erza, Arcadias got a bit weird, and then a shadow covered his eyes.
In my experience in reading manga, that either means they're thinking something evil, they're embarrassed, or the author just wants to hide their thoughts.
As for why he'd do it: He probably wants to limit the points for Fairy Tail. Put Elfman in a high ranking match where he's likely to lose, and put Erza up against some fodder that would lose to any other member of FT. As opposed to putting Erza up against the hardcore stuff, and possibly having her win, then having Elfman win his match with the fodder.
Okay, it's not a particularly well fleshed-out theory, but it's something to think about.

Also, it's kind of a shame that Bacchus has played out his role in the tournament, as each participant can only be in one battle (pretty much certain), and one event (not quite certain). And after this Quatro Cerberus will go back to being a fodder guild again.

I think it will be a draw, to be honest. A draw with Elfman very much on the ropes (although I'm hoping for some Take over rage!).

I hope the leader of Mermaid Heel is similar in skill to Bacchus, or that they have someone who is.

Raicrune
March 30, 2012, 11:33 AM
And well. Elfman will lose. What's with that bacchus / erza rivalry? He can't seriously compete with her if he loses against elfman. maybe he lets him win. don't know..

Give Elfman a chance man we can see how much Elfman is improved after his training. I mean Erza could have been on par but i bet Erza is much stronger now. They just dont know yet. I really want Elfman to win. To me this bacchus is just another fodder anyways.

Oh and there is a panel which says "There's no contest here Bacchus overweling victory is a given" With this, i think the opposite will happen.

Anyways it was a great chapter actually. especially the second half. Charlie is stupid for not telling Lucy about her dream. I mean it happened to her once.. She should know better!

Ifrit
March 30, 2012, 11:36 AM
Mashima still building more hate toward Raven Tail. I kinda feel sorry for Flare. I believe Lucy know why she was beaten like that.

Natsu smelling something weird...dude go back to sleep...starting to hate his forced character -_-

From the name of Black Snake...WTF did he use exactly ??? maybe it has something with this is not my real name.....

Finally : Elfman Vs Bacchus = Draw

a win for Elfman (as much as I want that to happen) it will mean he's not just as strong as Erza but stronger, because Bacchus had like 7 years of growing strength. But if he did win it will be because of the promise he made to Wendy that would be his powerup not because of what was said from Bacchus

for Elfman to lose I don't want that, because its one of the good characters not given attention, and this is his chance to prove he's one of the worthy mages of Fairy Tail.

27 pages: I hope the first 7 pages won't be let us fill you up with all that happened so far. :P

looking forward for next week. GOOOOO Elfman !!!

REN KOUEN
March 30, 2012, 12:02 PM
Mashima still building more hate toward Raven Tail. I kinda feel sorry for Flare. I believe Lucy know why she was beaten like that.

Natsu smelling something weird...dude go back to sleep...starting to hate his forced character -_-

From the name of Black Snake...WTF did he use exactly ??? maybe it has something with this is not my real name.....

Finally : Elfman Vs Bacchus = Draw

a win for Elfman (as much as I want that to happen) it will mean he's not just as strong as Erza but stronger, because Bacchus had like 7 years of growing strength. But if he did win it will be because of the promise he made to Wendy that would be his powerup not because of what was said from Bacchus

for Elfman to lose I don't want that, because its one of the good character not giving attention, and this is his chance to prove he's one of the worthy mages of Fairy Tail.

27 pages: I hope the first 7 pages won't be let us fill you up with all that happened so far. :P

looking forward for next week. GOOOOO Elfman !!!

you know the more i think about it the more i think elfman will actually win, especially since people in the crowd are already calling the match for bacchus like elfman has no chance.... this seems like an obvious setup to "surprise" us with an elfman underdog victory

Atobe the king
March 30, 2012, 01:11 PM
@Ifrit Forced character?

McNuss
March 30, 2012, 01:25 PM
Physically, Elfman is stronger than Erza. As Bachus seems to be a physical fighter as well, Elfman has better chances against him than Erza. Which doen't mean Elfman is stronger than Erza.

Ifrit
March 30, 2012, 02:12 PM
@Ifrit Forced character?

He is the lead character the Hero. He's everywhere and gonna deliver the final blow every time, so in the end I get bored watching him fight. Beside Laxus hates Natsu, so I hate Natsu hehehe

remember in Phantom Arc. it wasn't Natsu who beat Jose. I just wish he gives the others more screen time. Which he is doing in this Arc and this is why this arc will never suck for me no matter what he did.

Basically I'm skipping any page with Erza, Natsu, Lucy, and Gray....I've seen enough from those.

Atobe the king
March 30, 2012, 02:15 PM
Laxus....i don't think he hates natsu lol...that I'm sure about. Laxus is so reserved now that i've taken a liking to him because of it.

LoS
March 30, 2012, 02:21 PM
It really is a shame, this manga has not been humorous, surprising, or interesting lately.

Toby being dumb, who cares. The raven guy being an ass, not a surprise. Tearing the sock not really a sad moment, or anger inducing moment.

Elfman vs Bacchus, not a surprise, and the mistake wasn't very funny either.

Oh well, hopefully Mashima can draw some interesting fight scenes I guess.

The equivalent of a popcorn flick, low expectations just there to watch the action and explosions.

kkck
March 30, 2012, 02:29 PM
Interesting chapter to say the least. I expect a few things from now on though.

The first is that I expect elfman to reveal through a flashback that everyone in fairy tail went through urtear's double magic process. Basically, elfman will also have a significantly higher amount of magic. Its not like it makes sense for gerard to be a part of FT's team and not do such a thing for everyone there. Then he will likely reveal a new beast form IMO. He is someone who uses beasts he absorbs to fight, the best way for him to grow stronger is to capture powerful beasts and use their powers. It would be interesting if he can at some point take that magic to the next level and actually combine different critters and combine different abilities though. I wonder how much will mashima trash FT until they get a win though, any more losing and any sort of comeback would seem highly unlikely and perhaps even go borderline trolling. I do have an honest expectation that raven tail will be discovered for what it is and the points FT lost due to their cheating will be given to them (say, lucy's points from her fight with flare).

Edelheld
March 30, 2012, 02:31 PM
I like Kurohebi, he's cool. And I'd be pissed off too to know that the biggest secret of that dogboy is that he is mentally challenged =/
Hmm, why people react so badly on Bacchus' words? He just wants to play Monopoly with them, you pervs :teehee
And don't even try to make me believe that you wouldn't want to see some hot MiraXLisa sis-on-sis hardcore action, I know you do :3c

exacta
March 30, 2012, 02:57 PM
That Kurohebi vs Toby thing may have been the dumbest thing I've ever read ever.......I'm sorry, but tearing up someones sock does NOT make anyone look badass or evil. Mashima should've just kept it comical.....trying to turn something like that into something serious could never work. I'm just going to pretend that didn't happen.

Bacchus vs Elfman should be cool.Fiinally Elfman will get to do something badass......or get his ass handed to him again.:facepalm Wow female abuse and obnoxious perversion in the same chapter. Yeah, ya know, for kids....

Marche
March 30, 2012, 03:10 PM
I believe that Natsu refers to Lucy, I believe that in someway he forgot Lucy's scent.

ImLik3SprAnOnymOuS
March 30, 2012, 03:25 PM
My prediction is that Bacchus is gonna pwn Elfman and in the end Elfman will say some shit about BEING A MAN and nakama plot attack.

But still cool chapter i liked how the guy from Raven tail helped the dog guy and then ripped his sock :D:D:D

crimsonlink310
March 30, 2012, 05:28 PM
I don't think Bacchus will win the match against Elfman. Cerberus has 12 points while FT A has 2 points. But even with the point difference, I think that Elfman can beat Bacchus even if it ends with him being severely injured.

Catbeard
March 30, 2012, 09:47 PM
If any of you have sisters...
You know Elfman won't lose.

That is all.

THM Nindo
March 31, 2012, 12:21 AM
I believe that Natsu refers to Lucy, I believe that in someway he forgot Lucy's scent.

Interesting theory... but why would he suddenly forget about her scent?

frozen18ice
March 31, 2012, 12:56 AM
natsu did not smell lucy but smell somebody else in the room that is not there, im hoping charlie and wendy and pokuska are somewhere else and not in trouble again it wold suck if wendy gets abused a second time

Ifrit
March 31, 2012, 02:44 AM
natsu did not smell lucy but smell somebody else in the room that is not there, im hoping charlie and wendy and pokuska are somewhere else and not in trouble again it wold suck if wendy gets abused a second time

She said Wendy is almost recovered, so I don't think they are in trouble or kidnapped, more likely she is helping Wendy to master her new skills.

About the weird scent. That guy keep saying that its almost done or ripen, I believe that what Natsu is smelling, and by the end of this tournament it will gather enough power ( magic ) to activate, and it will be the start of a new Arc.

Kauia
March 31, 2012, 05:01 AM
I think the big trouble will actually start with what Natsu smell. I wonder where those three are. They disappeared like they weren't there at all. I don't think Wendy was kidnapped seeing as there was no sign of struggle. If there was, Natsu would've woken up.

Charle sounds as if she saw more than what the fragments she saw. Those two fragments might be occur but I don't think Lucy is going to cause the destruction of Mercurius.

The arc I think, is about what Jellal in the previous chapters, mentioned about; the strange things going under the arena. The tournament probably is like a cover-up to what's there. Maybe there's something Zeref or Dragon related incident. Either way, this arc and the tournament will probably change people's views about Fairy tail.

Although the plot is like weeks away. I'm already excited.

As stated with the next chapters fight, Its a fight between Elfman and Bacchus. Its possible that the fight might not end in the next chapter. For a long time I was disappointed in Elfman's character. Next chapter may just change Elfman's reputation. I wonder how different Elfman is now. I don't plan on hoping too much that Elfman wins. It's either a draw, a win, an interruption or possibly Elfman being defeated for a good reason.

MONKEYS
March 31, 2012, 06:57 AM
About the weird scent. That guy keep saying that its almost done or ripen, I believe that what Natsu is smelling, and by the end of this tournament it will gather enough power ( magic ) to activate, and it will be the start of a new Arc.

Hmm, could be, maybe someone else working for the enemy. From the way Natsu put it, it could be someone new the tournament area, or just someone Natsu hasn't personally met (and smelled)
I really hope Wendy hasn't been kidnapped, that would be lame (I don't really mind about Polyrusica). I actually want to see this tournament play out, although I doubt it will happen.

Prediction: Bacchus will fall asleep from intoxication, giving Elfman the match

Kauia
March 31, 2012, 07:19 AM
Hmm, could be, maybe someone else working for the enemy. From the way Natsu put it, it could be someone new the tournament area, or just someone Natsu hasn't personally met (and smelled)
I really hope Wendy hasn't been kidnapped, that would be lame (I don't really mind about Polyrusica). I actually want to see this tournament play out, although I doubt it will happen.

I don't think Wendy could be kidnapped. Although its possible that Natsu slept through all that racket, I don't think whoever may have done that without a struggle from the two. The room was all clean and nothing was out of place. Why bother cleaning when FT could find out what happened?

BUT. The fact that there's no sign of the three is odd.

As for the tournament, I'm not placing that much hope since rather than the tournament the real event would start about what's going on under the arena. The whole tournament has been lets say... peaceful. Its akin to the S-class test in the last arc.

I don't think Bacchus would be defeated because of his intoxication. He seemed to be the type that may possibly stronger when drunk.

Aikidoka
March 31, 2012, 07:40 AM
Wow female abuse and obnoxious perversion in the same chapter. Yeah, ya know, for kids....

Haha, yeah, I find it funny too that Mashima insists that FT is more kid friendly than Rave Master despite the above plus the copious amounts of fanservice.

I disagree that what he did with Kurohebi vs. Toby was over the top though, I'm pretty sure it was meant to be comical. Something a bit cartoonish to balance out how despicable RT really is.

Ifrit
March 31, 2012, 08:11 AM

OMG...hahahaha...I wish to see that happen. now that will be funny, but honestly it would be a great way to give Elfman a victory and in the same time save Bacchus face from getting a defeat.

I don't think what RT mage did to Toby is bad. I mean come on that guy is an idiot I would have done much more if I were Kurohebi

Marche
March 31, 2012, 04:07 PM
In the first pages there is not much to write, except that Charle keep silent about her premonition.

Kurohebi vs Tobi:
We know that Kurohebi is not his real name, it’s only a nickname.
Kurohebi can copy the magic of other mages, just like Gemini.

But in the truth I don’t believe that he can does it by touching, but thanks to his eyes http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/277/9.
In fact even if it was off panel, I believe that Kurohebi has copied Tobi’s magic and so he hitted Tobi whit his new claws.
But perhaps other than thanks to her magic he can do even thanks to his clothes.

Anyways I believe that this power is really suited for Kurohebi, because just as the snakes can change skin, he can change his magic, even he can’t transform his body like Gemini.

I believe that he can use Max power because Ivan surely would have know what type of magic have Fairy Tail’s mages, he could have show it to him.
But there is also the possibility that the little evil demons that stole Wendy’s power could have stolen (but perhaps I should say copied) even her memories, if so after it he could have show it to Kurohebi.

About the socks.
We already know that Tobi was stupid, in fact he lose against Natsu because Natsu tricked him, he made Tobi touch himself with his own claws.
I really liked the reaction of Fairy Tail team A after that Tobi find out his sock.

I really liked the look of Kurohebi while he smash Tobi’s sock.
Erza seem really pissed off, seem that she wanted to go on the battlefield and punish Kurohebi, but Gray stops her.
If so perhaps at the fifth day Erza will defeat Kurohebi, also if after that I believe that she will be defeated by Bacchus.

After that as the commentator says the whole stadium remains silent, the only who laugh are Raven Tail mages, even in the truth only Flare and Narupuding laugh.

Bacchus vs Elfman:
I really hoped that the revenge for Cana could be one of the reason for this fight, so I really like that Cana was shown.

From what we saw seem that the king is a midget, in the truth we had already a hint of this, in this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/275/9, even if in the truth I must say that I thought that the throne was too big, not that was the king too small.

Anyways I was sure that the king wanted Erza but that the knight would have picked Elfman.
The face that the knight made in second frame of page 17 is priceless, it is too hilarious.

After that Bacchus made the proposal Mira did not react, she is in only worried for Elfman while Lisanna is in shocked.
Anyways Elfman at the beginning was scared of Bacchus, but after the proposal his fear has gone, in exchange there is only rage.

In fact every brother would became angry after hearing something like this, and Elfman even more counting that for two years he lived thought he had killed his sister, so this time he will surely protect them.

Regarding the battle I believe that at least will endure for two chapter.
I believe that the battle will end as a draw, in fact some draw must happened.

But to the tell the truth I don’t believe that both of them will still be able do fight, in fact I think this will be the opposite, that no one of them will be able to continue the fight.

I believe this because if Elfman will lose Fairy Tail team A would not be able to win the tournament, because after 2 days they would have only 2 points.

But just as I don’t think that Elfman will lose I don’t even think that he will win.
In fact Bacchus was already at Erza’s level 7 years ago, and now after 7 years he is surely stronger than her.

Anyways I have two idea of how the match can end in a draw:
1) Elfman will be utterly destroyed by Bacchus, but even so he will endure for 30 minutes so the match will end in a draw.
In this case Elfman will stand thanks to his pride and his love of the two sister.

2) Same for the first point, with the only difference that at the end Elfman will fall on the ground.
But fortunately for him at almost the same time even Bacchus will fall on the ground, so the match will end in a draw.
Bacchus will fall because he would have drunk too much.

In fact after chapter 275 I thought that more alcohol Bacchus would have drunk more stronger he would become.
But just as I even said in a post in the topic for chapter 276 I changed by mind after this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/276/6.

3) Perhaps Elfman, and not only him but even Luxus, Gazille and Mira just as was for Natsu’s group could be helped by Urtear, she could unlock their second source, the second container.
If so their power up would be really huge because they not only took their power up, but they even trained themselves for 3 whole months.

If so he could have enough magical power for changer his take over, his take over could became like that of Mira.
In fact if I remember well the difference between the take over (excluding the power of the take over, Mira’s takeover is the strongest, then there is that of Elfman and the weakest is that of Lisanna) is the magical power that is required for used it.
But I am not sure if I remember well, so I ask if someone can confirm it.

SlayerKisame
March 31, 2012, 09:15 PM
It really is a shame, this manga has not been humorous, surprising, or interesting lately.

Toby being dumb, who cares. The raven guy being an ass, not a surprise. Tearing the sock not really a sad moment, or anger inducing moment.

The equivalent of a popcorn flick, low expectations just there to watch the action and explosions.

I thought it was a good transitional chapter. You can't have every chapter with explosions and action, we need some buildup. And Mashima always throws in silly parts, actually, I don't think I'd appreciate the manga as much if all the silliness was stripped away.

The Elfman-Bacchus fight should be very interesting. I say this because it Mashima can make the fight interesting and actually let Elfman win on some whim, or he can use that character buildup from the previous chapters and let Bacchus destroy him, which is the predictable option.

ca12nag3
April 01, 2012, 09:12 AM

In japan there is no Erza or Elfman...

エルザ and エルフマン so the mistake itself is funny...

Marche
April 01, 2012, 11:02 AM
I believe that the other scent that Natsu smell is it by Lucy.
In fact she was in the room at the beginning of the chapter.
And it is surely Lucy, because in fact she was not with the other at the announcement of the fight between Tobi and Kurohebi, in fact in the second frame of this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/277/5 we can see clearly that she was running to reach them, to see the fight.

I believe this this because I don’t think that other people could enter in that room.
In fact the member of Raven Tail were watching the match between Kurohebi and Tobi, while the evil knight was with the king.
Beside that knight has not interesent in Wendy and Charle, at least for now, because he did not know that Charle can see the future and that she had a vision that can jeopardize the outcome of his plan.

Except for Raven Tail for the one that I said above I think that only Ivan or the black little evil of Raven Tail that attacked Wendy before of the tournament could kidnap them.

In the truth I don’t think that Wendy, Charle and Porlyusica have been kidnapped, counting that at the beginning of the chapter Porlyusica says to Lucy that Wendy was almost recovered I believe that after Wendy awakened the three of them went in another place where thanks to Porlyusica help Wendy will be able to mastered the two spell that Grandine left to her.
Perhaps they will came back just in time to participate at the fifth day of the tournament.

About this two new spell I have two ideas.
One could make her able to fly, counting that she is the dragonslayer of the sky, but in the truth this spell would be useless counting that she has already Charle for this.
The other could be a spell that could make her able to clear the air, to remove the pollution.
In this case both her attacks power and defense power would increase.
But perhaps this spell could be used only for her attacks, perhaps will be the second spell that could increase her healing power.

Anyways if as I believe the smell that Natsu does not know is that of Lucy, if for some reason he forget Lucy’s scent, I don’t think that this his made by the white-knight.

If this will be the case there is the possibility that he will met Lucy, and that he will not remember her, while the other member could remember her, and in someway Natsu could regain her memories.

If this will happened, Charle could says her premonition to the other and in someway the plan of the knight will be stopped (obviously if Charle will return in time).

But there is even the possibility that later, in the next chapters even the other member of the guild, and the audience could forgot her.
If this will happened Lucy could disapper, she could be sucked by the earth and she could reappear immediately after the the destruction of the king palace.

If this will happened she could be accused of having destroyed the king palace, so her only solutions would be that of ran away as a fugitive (this could happened even if my theory about the fact that Lucy will be forgotten will be wrong).

But probably after her reappearance the other Fairy Tail wizard and even the other people could regain her memories.
If this will be the case perhaps all the guild could be accused, if this will happened the guild mght be disbanded, and the member could join other guild

Obviously Lucy will not be able do join other guild of the light, and perhaps even Natsu and Erza will not enter in other guild, in fact the 3 of them coud join Crimoire Sorciere, they could help them in their searching for Zerff.

This could even explain why Levy in the Charle’s vision would have write a letter to Lucy, because Lucy and Levy were in different place.

But in the truth I believe that this time Charle’s vision will not happened.
In fact in the last arc, I believe that Charle’s vision had the only purpose to add curiosity about the arc.
I think that Charle’s vision will not happened because I think that Fairy Tail with the help of Gerard, Urtear and Meldy will be able to stop the evil plan of the knight.

In fact I believe that would be useless having someone that can see the future and not able to change it, just like happened in the last arc or even in Edolas arc (in fact even if Shagotte saw that the islands in the sky where the Exceed lived would fall on the ground she was not able to prevent that this occurs).
I believe that the plan of the knight will be stopped even because there are Mavis (which already detected a malicious force http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/267/17, even if perhaps the force that was feeling was by Raven Tail) and Urtear, Meldy and Gerard (which the they already know about the misteroius force).

So if my theory about Lucy will be wrong I believe that Charle afer the end of each days (at least of the first four days) of the tournament will have a vison.
Every visions will contain some new particulars, and thanks to this they will understood the evil plan of the knight, and they will be able to stop it (I wrote they because I believe that Charle will tell about the visions even the others, not only just to Porlyusica).

But if my theory will be correct there is the possibility that Natsu (and after him even the others) will regain her memory back before that Mercury’s palace would occur.

I would be really happy if Natsu will remember Lucy thanks to Flare.
In fact Flare could hate so much Lucy that she will not be able to forgot her.
If this will happened she could ask to Natsu and the other where is Lucy.
After this question Natsu will remember Lucy, perhaps even thanks to his scarf.
In fact he could detect Lucy’s scent in the scarf, in fact Lucy touched several time Natsu’s scarf, and so Natsu will reagain his memories and after that he could even find Lucy herself.

If this will happened there is the possibility that Flare will be expelled by Raven Tail guild, and then she could join Fairy Tail or at least Crime Sorciere.

There is even the possibility that Lucy will not be accused of the destruction of the palace, but perhaps even she could save the king (perhaps Gemini will make a tunnel or a hole on the ground and there she will put the king while the palace will fall).

REN KOUEN
April 02, 2012, 08:55 AM
I believe that the other scent that Natsu smell is it by Lucy.
In fact she was in the room at the beginning of the chapter.
And it is surely Lucy, because in fact she was not with the other at the announcement of the fight between Tobi and Kurohebi, in fact in the second frame of this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/277/5 we can see clearly that she was running to reach them, to see the fight.

I believe this this because I don’t think that other people could enter in that room.
In fact the member of Raven Tail were watching the match between Kurohebi and Tobi, while the evil knight was with the king.
Beside that knight has not interesent in Wendy and Charle, at least for now, because he did not know that Charle can see the future and that she had a vision that can jeopardize the outcome of his plan.

Except for Raven Tail for the one that I said above I think that only Ivan or the black little evil of Raven Tail that attacked Wendy before of the tournament could kidnap them.

In the truth I don’t think that Wendy, Charle and Porlyusica have been kidnapped, counting that at the beginning of the chapter Porlyusica says to Lucy that Wendy was almost recovered I believe that after Wendy awakened the three of them went in another place where thanks to Porlyusica help Wendy will be able to mastered the two spell that Grandine left to her.
Perhaps they will came back just in time to participate at the fifth day of the tournament.

About this two new spell I have two ideas.
One could make her able to fly, counting that she is the dragonslayer of the sky, but in the truth this spell would be useless counting that she has already Charle for this.
The other could be a spell that could make her able to clear the air, to remove the pollution.
In this case both her attacks power and defense power would increase.
But perhaps this spell could be used only for her attacks, perhaps will be the second spell that could increase her healing power.

Anyways if as I believe the smell that Natsu does not know is that of Lucy, if for some reason he forget Lucy’s scent, I don’t think that this his made by the white-knight.

If this will be the case there is the possibility that he will met Lucy, and that he will not remember her, while the other member could remember her, and in someway Natsu could regain her memories.

If this will happened, Charle could says her premonition to the other and in someway the plan of the knight will be stopped (obviously if Charle will return in time).

But there is even the possibility that later, in the next chapters even the other member of the guild, and the audience could forgot her.
If this will happened Lucy could disapper, she could be sucked by the earth and she could reappear immediately after the the destruction of the king palace.

If this will happened she could be accused of having destroyed the king palace, so her only solutions would be that of ran away as a fugitive (this could happened even if my theory about the fact that Lucy will be forgotten will be wrong).

But probably after her reappearance the other Fairy Tail wizard and even the other people could regain her memories.
If this will be the case perhaps all the guild could be accused, if this will happened the guild mght be disbanded, and the member could join other guild

Obviously Lucy will not be able do join other guild of the light, and perhaps even Natsu and Erza will not enter in other guild, in fact the 3 of them coud join Crimoire Sorciere, they could help them in their searching for Zerff.

This could even explain why Levy in the Charle’s vision would have write a letter to Lucy, because Lucy and Levy were in different place.

But in the truth I believe that this time Charle’s vision will not happened.
In fact in the last arc, I believe that Charle’s vision had the only purpose to add curiosity about the arc.
I think that Charle’s vision will not happened because I think that Fairy Tail with the help of Gerard, Urtear and Meldy will be able to stop the evil plan of the knight.

In fact I believe that would be useless having someone that can see the future and not able to change it, just like happened in the last arc or even in Edolas arc (in fact even if Shagotte saw that the islands in the sky where the Exceed lived would fall on the ground she was not able to prevent that this occurs).
I believe that the plan of the knight will be stopped even because there are Mavis (which already detected a malicious force http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/267/17, even if perhaps the force that was feeling was by Raven Tail) and Urtear, Meldy and Gerard (which the they already know about the misteroius force).

So if my theory about Lucy will be wrong I believe that Charle afer the end of each days (at least of the first four days) of the tournament will have a vison.
Every visions will contain some new particulars, and thanks to this they will understood the evil plan of the knight, and they will be able to stop it (I wrote they because I believe that Charle will tell about the visions even the others, not only just to Porlyusica).

But if my theory will be correct there is the possibility that Natsu (and after him even the others) will regain her memory back before that Mercury’s palace would occur.

I would be really happy if Natsu will remember Lucy thanks to Flare.
In fact Flare could hate so much Lucy that she will not be able to forgot her.
If this will happened she could ask to Natsu and the other where is Lucy.
After this question Natsu will remember Lucy, perhaps even thanks to his scarf.
In fact he could detect Lucy’s scent in the scarf, in fact Lucy touched several time Natsu’s scarf, and so Natsu will reagain his memories and after that he could even find Lucy herself.

If this will happened there is the possibility that Flare will be expelled by Raven Tail guild, and then she could join Fairy Tail or at least Crime Sorciere.

There is even the possibility that Lucy will not be accused of the destruction of the palace, but perhaps even she could save the king (perhaps Gemini will make a tunnel or a hole on the ground and there she will put the king while the palace will fall).

great post, i never put that much thought in to it, but you could very well be on to something

either way its a great job by mashima to keep us guessing and the suspense is building more each chapter

sabret00the
April 02, 2012, 02:01 PM
This arc is really going to drag on isn't it.

REN KOUEN
April 02, 2012, 03:41 PM
This arc is really going to drag on isn't it.

not sure what you dont like about it because this is an awesome arc so far, plenty of fighting, several new mages and guilds

it is a tad predictable and some of the new mages are a big dissapointment, but overall this seems to be a good arc to me, and the longer it goes on the longer fairy tail manga goes on

mup
April 03, 2012, 02:20 AM
will that how it is at first than it get fast when they get nakama power up and we get the lectures of why they are good and not them