PDA

View Full Version : Fun Hunter x Hunter video game announced

Netero
March 28, 2012, 06:53 PM
We'll be getting a Hunter x Hunter video game this fall for the PSP. I doubt it's going to be anything special but I'll be importing it when it's released.

Source
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/28/hunter-x-hunter-game-coming-to-psp-this-fall/

Uriel
March 28, 2012, 08:10 PM
It's amazing how much we have lost faith about EVERYTHING that has the HxH name on it. I also have low expectations, but my inner gamer wants it to be a badass game.

TheAmericandream
March 28, 2012, 09:24 PM
Why has everyone lost faith? I'm curious. I still have very hopeful eyes. Cautious but hopeful.

Netero
March 28, 2012, 09:40 PM
I haven't lost faith it's just that I don't expect much from anime games lol. But I'm sure the game will be fun to play.

TheAmericandream
March 28, 2012, 10:26 PM
I think the new Naruto games are good, Jump Ultimate stars (which has Gon and Killua plus Kurapika, Kuroro as support attacks), and 2 or 3 of the dragonball games are quite enjoyable.

Netero
March 29, 2012, 12:01 AM
I enjoyed the Naruto storm games, and I've actually been playing Storm Generation and it's quite fun. As for an older anime game Dragon Ball: Legacy of Goku 2 and Buu's Fury for the GBA are still two of my all time favorites lol.

Uriel
March 29, 2012, 07:48 PM
Those are of my like as well, but I doubt we have something like that. If we do it would be SO FUCKING AWESOME. Sadly we know so little Nen users >_>

TheAmericandream
March 29, 2012, 08:19 PM
Um, if its coming out in fall. That would line up with Mid-Late Yorkshin episodes for the new series, boy do I NOT want an exclusively Hunter Exam game unless they do something really wild with it. Meaning we might get at least half the spiders in the game as playable. That'd be great. I am really hoping whatever the game it covers part of Yorkshin, but a Hunter Exam-Heaven's Arena game would be almost as satisfying. I guess it depends on the genre, for a fighting game I'd want Yorkshin since you could actually build a genre around that. But for action adventure, simply having the first 3 arcs could be really good too depending on how it plays.

You know a Mario Party styled 4 player Hunter Exam game would be really neat, but not for psp I guess. We have to think in terms of that. Still I am really happy I hope this means we get plenty more Hunter X Hunter games.

Vespertine
March 29, 2012, 10:44 PM
now i gotta buy a PSP?

oh man...

Kiba
March 30, 2012, 11:41 AM
I really asking me how the game will be and which arcs are in the game
and which characters are playable ofcourse

TheAmericandream
March 30, 2012, 04:17 PM
Wow, this looks like what I was afraid of, Gon punching generic mc Hunter Examinee. I hope we see more that actually impresses me. The models for Gon and Killua look pretty good for psp though.

Crude
March 30, 2012, 04:43 PM
Gon and Killua don't really look like their 2011 anime designs. They look more like the recent manga art. Anyway the game seems pretty bland (a boring beat em' up probably), though the graphics are pretty nice.

thatguy3331
March 30, 2012, 04:57 PM
I have no real problem with beat em ups, it looks hell more fun then some of the other stuff I've seen in HxH games, though a RPG-ish type game next time would be nice next time.

anyway have you guys seen the scowl they gave gon in the game? it looks like he friggin busted out of jail or something XD graphics are nice though

Crude
March 30, 2012, 07:19 PM
Both of them look like they're using Zetsu :D

futurefrog
March 30, 2012, 07:26 PM
Why is Gon doing Janken Rock on a random examinee? How does he have this ability if this game is about Hunter Exam???

MegamanX195
March 30, 2012, 09:58 PM
Why is Gon doing Janken Rock on a random examinee? How does he have this ability if this game is about Hunter Exam???

I'm pretty sure that's just the punch's effect. After all, this is a game.

futurefrog
March 30, 2012, 10:14 PM
Strange, it looks the same as the Janken Rock used in the G.I. OVAs. Like same colours and everything. Odd.

Akia999
March 30, 2012, 10:20 PM
I don't really care about the game(since I'm not a gamer) but somehow both Gon and Killua look much more older than they look in the current anime...
What about Kurapika and Leorio? Aren't they part of the game?

Kiba
March 31, 2012, 03:54 AM
I don't really care about the game(since I'm not a gamer) but somehow both Gon and Killua look much more older than they look in the current anime...
its just the first scan

and well the graphic looks pretty nice so far i have to say

futurefrog
March 31, 2012, 04:25 AM

It may be the angle the image is on that makes them look older? Or maybe the fact that they are '3D'? I dunno they look really wierd.

Kiba
April 02, 2012, 04:02 AM
official website of the game has been updated
-Link removed because its somehow not allowed to post it here-

i still cant believe this game will have that a good graphic (but i hope it would be awesome) because always when i played games with my psp the graphic sucked hard

Crude
April 02, 2012, 04:15 AM
Well it is a late PSP game, so the graphics will obviously be better than any old game for the platform.

MegamanX195
April 02, 2012, 05:29 PM
Anyone can translate the stuff on the website?

Tkae
April 07, 2012, 06:00 AM
I love Hunter x Hunter but if there's going to be a game based off of it, I would not expect much.

TheAmericandream
April 07, 2012, 02:42 PM
HxH is one of those series where it can be easy to mess it up as a video game. There are so many arcs, factors, and types of combat that take place, capturing the spirit of it in a game thats also fun to play seems difficult. I want to wait till reviews come out or I get a chance to play it before I make a final verdict. Still I have hope for the best in terms of future HxH games.