PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 278 Discussion/ 279 Predictions

ghostexiled
March 30, 2012, 05:29 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

•Sasuke•
April 06, 2012, 08:07 AM
ft 278 10 pics

http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=47951505

http://thumbnails45.imagebam.com/18355/d4470a183542175.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d4470a183542175) http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/18355/7b6db5183542204.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/7b6db5183542204) http://thumbnails70.imagebam.com/18355/a15608183542217.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a15608183542217)

Ifrit
April 06, 2012, 11:53 AM
I really want to click the link, but I don't want 10 pages I want the whole thing xDDD

Elfman Vs BACCHUS is gonna be something good I'm sure, so I'll wait :s

I hope I can see it today tho, not an early Saturday.

It's killing me tho what made Natsu that angry ? ahhhhhh

Atobe the king
April 06, 2012, 12:45 PM
Looks interesting...loving all the color pages

Krono
April 06, 2012, 12:45 PM
It's killing me tho what made Natsu that angry ? ahhhhhh

Well, it's clearly one of the first pages of the chapter, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the end of last chapter and waking up in a room that should have Polyusca, Wendy, and Charle, and only smell of Fairy Tail members, only to find that Polyuca, Wendy, and Charle are missing and there is the scent of a stranger in the room. He's probably in the middle of following the scents at a run before they can fade/disperse, and that guy tried to get in his way.

Narosian
April 06, 2012, 12:47 PM
Can't read japanese or anything but based on the the pictures it seems like elfman wins.

REN KOUEN
April 06, 2012, 01:40 PM
i was hoping this chapter would come out today while i was at work :(

Gats
April 06, 2012, 01:44 PM
Chapter out on mangastream.

Atobe the king
April 06, 2012, 01:44 PM
Rest assured lol
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/64578484/1

sarutobi_sensei
April 06, 2012, 01:56 PM
Not a bad chapter, seems like they really want Lucy for their plan to succeed.

Elfman Won :D Oh GOD! YES!

FT is now officially on the loose!

Ifrit
April 06, 2012, 02:00 PM
You deserve it Elfman way to go. Didn't want him to be a punching bag tho, but he got trashed in S-class arc. He surely deserve this win.

Is Lucy the key for what that guy is planning. Not sure if I care about this.

I hope to see Mira and Laxus in action soon. hopefully to see Mira going one on one with Sabertooth girl.

I vote Good.

-Ken-
April 06, 2012, 02:05 PM
Nice one Elfman! You really are a man! This is awesome. Finally another win for him. It's a good win, too, in my opinion.

On the other hand... Better grab a glove knuckle, Bacchus. You'll need it from now on. lol.

jacke12
April 06, 2012, 02:06 PM
Wow Elfman became really powerfull and before he could only use beast arm and he can use many full take over they look really cool.

Ifrit
April 06, 2012, 02:12 PM
hahahaha...Any1 noticed the grab on Freed from Evergreen I just did now....It looks like she is choking him...

From the injuries Elfman took. I bet he will be replaced by Wendy now.

Impossibility
April 06, 2012, 02:21 PM
Bacchus' magic was awfully simple, even if it would be effective against a lot of mages. Elfman used good strategy, and strong will, to overcome him. But to be honest, Bacchus would appear to be at a disadvantage against quite a few mages (Juvia, Gajeel, Natsu, Laxus, Erza). Kind of annoyed about Bacchus' build-up, when he didn't really do much.

And Lucy appears to be a target for kidnapping once again. Curious if it has to do with her personally, or if any powerful stellar spirit mage would do.

Atobe the king
April 06, 2012, 02:26 PM
Good chapter, elfman nets FT the first real win lol. I knew it was Lucy they wanted...and i wonder if RT is semi legit if it's the Knights who are pushing for this conflict to hide their own plans.

Marche
April 06, 2012, 02:27 PM
In the next chapter I believe that we will see what the knight wanted, his gateway to the darkness.
I believe that this is the opposite of this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/258/13, and perhaps will be thanks to this secret of Fairy Tail that the plan of the knight will be stopped.

Ifrit
April 06, 2012, 02:29 PM
Bacchus' magic was awfully simple, even if it would be effective against a lot of mages. Elfman used good strategy, and strong will, to overcome him. But to be honest, Bacchus would appear to be at a disadvantage against quite a few mages (Juvia, Gajeel, Natsu, Laxus, Erza). Kind of annoyed about Bacchus' build-up, when he didn't really do much.

And Lucy appears to be a target for kidnapping once again. Curious if it has to do with her personally, or if any powerful stellar spirit mage would do.

I think we should go with the "strength of stellar spirit mages" one thing for sure is Lucy really strong. I bet she will over come a lot of mages in Fairy Tail when she reach their Level.

I believe what Lucy was singing in Charlie dream is whats gonna activate that thing "I wish to have a clue what it is". From that dream it looked like Lucy was inside the castle make me wonder if she gonna get through this easily. (I'm sure she won't die)

THM Nindo
April 06, 2012, 02:32 PM
Nice chapter, although I was kinda disappointed in Bacchus as he really didn't show any kind of power that could match Erza's.
Still, I'm happy that Elfman won, and he seems to be a lot stronger than before, being able to do multiple complete take-down.

I wonder why they need Lucy that much...
It might have to do with her singing in the vision, somehow...

REN KOUEN
April 06, 2012, 03:08 PM

yea there are some major flaws for bacchus even though he is powerful i am glad elfman won

i think lucy is someone very special in the magical world, like either the reincarnation of someone historic (like how zeref is legendary only on the good side)

or something to that effect

i voted epic just because of the manga's i read

this was easily the best chapter to be released this week!!!

it made my day

shuha27
April 06, 2012, 03:08 PM
Interesting chapter! Finally, fairy tail had a win. Really hope to see Laxus and Mirajane in a fight. I think Mirajane is most likely going to fight Erza because they had a rivalry when they were younger. It seems like Bacchus talked about Lucy when he said something about the fruit ripening. He is most likely talking about her stellar spirit magic growing.

zelllogan
April 06, 2012, 03:10 PM
Bacchus was just unlucky. His fighting style is interesting but the flaws are obvious. He is exactly like rock lee from Naruto. Against guys with good defense &/or guys who can attack from distance, he is at huge disadvantage.

But still, now, you have to explain to me how can someone fail when only his hands are hurt when the opponent is badly wounded everywhere :D.

wooticus
April 06, 2012, 03:34 PM
I actually think that bacchus fighting style is really interesting. it gives quattro cerberus a mage with a very special power and makes it perfectly clear why he is something like erza's rival. In a 1on1 fight she just can't hit him and her defense might not be strong enough for him. But it's clear that he might not be too good against for example Natsu who'll just set anything on fire..

Happy to see another extended chapter next week! And the main plot of this arc begins to form now. I really think the importance of stellar spirit mage's has something to do with layla's disappearance when the dragon's vanished.

And some other random point about zeref&mavis:
what if she really gave her life in order to seal zeref on fairy tail's holy island. she bounded her spirit so that he can't escape. Since he was freed she is also free to go and move away from the island.. i would love to see her having a major part in a fight against zeref. For example like buying the dragon slayers some time by showing us what fairy glitter really is about

exacta
April 06, 2012, 03:39 PM
Don't be too hard on Bacachus. He had Elfman outmatched in hand-to-hand combat but the problem was Lizardman makes it so Elfman takes less damage and Bacchus has to inflict damage upon himself in order to attack Elfman....basically it was kind of like a pokemon battle lol.I would expect Bacchus to beat Natsu in a match if Natsu didn't get some kind of friendship powerup. Elfman was awesome though. Never thought Elfman could do other Take Overs aside from the one he showed when he fought Sol and Evergreen. That was really smart of Elfman. Finally he got to do something badass. I'm happy because his magic was always one of the coolest IMO.

Heleos
April 06, 2012, 04:19 PM
Yay Elfman! It's nice to see some of the fodder character finally getting a chance to shine and prove their importance to Fairy Tail. I wonder what other kinds of takeovers Elfman has mastered in the time the rest of the Fairy Tail gang was off and partying with the Stellar Spirits.
Now that Wendy's back though, I suspect she'll be replacing him in the following matches, and maybe she'll have a chance to show off that magic she received from Porlyusica! (Although she probably hasn't had the opportunity to learn it yet, it'll certainly be of significance in the future).

Franklyn D. Kieran
April 06, 2012, 04:24 PM
Don't be too hard on Bacachus. He had Elfman outmatched in hand-to-hand combat but the problem was Lizardman makes it so Elfman takes less damage and Bacchus has to inflict damage upon himself in order to attack Elfman....basically it was kind of like a pokemon battle lol.I would expect Bacchus to beat Natsu in a match if Natsu didn't get some kind of friendship powerup. Elfman was awesome though. Never thought Elfman could do other Take Overs aside from the one he showed when he fought Sol and Evergreen. That was really smart of Elfman. Finally he got to do something badass. I'm happy because his magic was always one of the coolest IMO.

I agree with this, Elfman deserved a moment like this after all! I also thought of it a bit like a Pokemon battle too haha, the mechanics of it anyways. I'm glad to see one of the so called weaker members of the Tenrou group use his smarts to become strong.

Ah everybody who thinks Lucy is the key to some kind of awesome power could be right here... I wonder if Mashima decided to make her a bit like Ellie form Rave and give her some kind of secret super power even she doesn't know about. It could be something her mother Layla passed down to her? Or maybe even the present her Dad left her along with that letter? I'm excited to find out.

That picture of the little chick Momon I think haha was pretty cute, and I liked the cover page too. Also It looks like Mashima is drawing a thirty page manga related to the movie. I wonder if it's similar to the Volume 0 of One Piece that Oda drew for the 10th One Piece movie.

IIBICKSII
April 06, 2012, 04:42 PM
Elfman just got some man points lol, the lucy thing has me wandering... even if she is captured i dont think the knights will accomplish what they want cause she doesn't have every spirit...

kakashidad
April 06, 2012, 04:57 PM
I liked this chapter alot.The reaction of kana and evergreen along with Gray was something..lol.Once Elfman
was given the win..and was that a tear in his eye or just sweat?Anyways i've no complaints with how the
victory was obtained.A clash of wills seemed to be where it was heading anyway.

So can anyone tell me if Porlyusica was supposed to be taken so easily by those assailant?I thought she was
the other grandine?And been a friend of Makarov,assumed she'd have some strnght even if she's old,lol.

Natsu getting to ease his frustration with what little combat he just got,was pleasing.But enough about that
for a minute...Baachus was the equivant o a S class,right?Eflman in just 3 months has reached his level and he
was not s-class..don't get me wrong,i don't have a problem with this.I'm wondering if his beast mode suprized
even ezra(and she should of seen it before).Then Gajeel improvement and Laxus is gonna be figgin awesome!
Let alone what Ezra and natzu dem,have to show.

So Wendy can now tag back in as Elfman replacement..yes?It's funny how those knights are trying to play Raven
tail as well as Fairy Tail.It can't end well for them.But i thought wendy was the oringnal target.It turns out to be
lucy.Just how special is that girl?and why do they want her stellar magic?

Did i say this was a great issue? i meant epic,lol.Laters.

ILikeSleeping
April 06, 2012, 05:04 PM
Well i gotta say, congratulations Elfman. Just when the fight seemed hopeless, he really pulled through. That was great thinking there to counter Bacchus. Whattaboss. Looking forward to see what other fights come.

Today's Good Friday so i didn't have school. I ended up anticipating this chapter the entire day with nothing to really keep my mind off of it. The chapter itself was good. And the movie screens at the front look good too. It's been so long since Fairy Tail has had good animation imo. Here's to hoping for a great first Fairy Tail movie.

The chapter left on an ominous note. Something bad is going to happen real soon, can't wait (sounded kind of weird). Can't wait till next Friday. Mashima is really dishing these out what with another extended front color chapter coming next week, it really shows how much effort he puts into his work.

And LMAO at Quattro Puppy, i cracked up when i read that.

Uriel
April 06, 2012, 05:18 PM
Was I the only one not interested at all with Elfman? I mean, the battle was good and all (Elfman has always some good beast as well) but I found it not NEARLY as epic as the previous battles we had seen from Fairy Tail. Aside of Grey, of course.

Anyway, Lucy. I doubt she's a reincarnation of anything, since She was referred as "The Stellar Spirit Mage" which is an indicative that her magic is what makes her particularly special. Let's not forget also that She's the Mage who has the more number of Zodiac Keys in the whole world.

Kauia
April 06, 2012, 07:21 PM
Its either there's really something special about Lucy's magic as a stellar mage that they need. Remember, Lucy did receive a gift from her father which just might be another zodiac key.http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c257/18.html

Who knows, Alkadeos might have the last key. They might need Lucy to summon all the spirits at the same time for the eclipse plan. Maybe its related to Layla after all, he described lucy as "mature seeds can bear fruits" in http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c271/21.html.

I love the chapter I think it's epic. Elfman really did great. I love the look on Evergreen's face especially while she had Freed in an arm lock. So cute. I was a little bit sad the fight didn't last that long. It would've been great if it was longer. The changes in Fairy tail is amazing. I can't wait to see how the others will do in their fight. like Erza, Mirajane, Laxus especially the showdown between the dragon slayers of the two guilds.

I get the feeling that Wendy won't take over Elfman but Lucy. Chances are, she's kidnapped and Wendy'll take over for her. Euther way, there is a big percentage that fairytail might not really win the tournament but'll bet their honor or reputation back. Maybe the tournament itself will be halted because of what Alkadeos has planned.

I feel like this arc will be epic. There's Raven tail, Sabertooth, and Alkadeos.

Freid
April 06, 2012, 08:38 PM
Bacchus was just unlucky. His fighting style is interesting but the flaws are obvious. He is exactly like rock lee from Naruto. Against guys with good defense &/or guys who can attack from distance, he is at huge disadvantage.

I thought his fighting style is also incredibly similar to Neji Hyuuga's.

Hanging-chop fist = Gentle fist.
Bacchus focuses magical power in the palm of his hands while Neji focuses chakra in the palm of his hands.
The stance is even almost identicle.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/freid1/erzabub.pnghttp://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/freid1/bucchusbub.png

lucy heartfilia
April 06, 2012, 09:32 PM
im very happy because elfman won first ten point for fairy tail
and i impressive for his takeover .... lizardman

I think people want to steal Lucy until Leila forced to do something ..... Like dragons return from hiding

but its amazing

zeref wants natsu to kill himself and now wants lucy to advance its own goals

Kuzumikun
April 06, 2012, 09:51 PM
Love that Elfman won, but me being biased again lol Lucy's part in this chapter got me INTERESTED! Maybe they need Lucy for her magic (as others said) because it has been 7 years and all we know is that Stellar Spirit Mages can be nearly extinct and they need them to summon a special stellar spirit. All in all it was a epic chapter so i rated "E" for epic :]

ghostexiled
April 06, 2012, 10:36 PM
Pretty good chapter! It's nice to see Elfman be able to change into other forms now.

He deserved the win... but a bit of me thinks that Bacchus maybe gave that win away a bit easier than he would have if he was more serious about the fight.

I think from the beginning Bacchus has some kinda interest in FT and never really was going to go full out on them... more like test them to see if they were what they use to be 7 years ago.

Remember that the knights wanting Lucy means that Zeref wants Lucy... since they are supposedly working with/for Zeref.

Newkerzy
April 07, 2012, 12:01 AM

But still, now, you have to explain to me how can someone fail when only his hands are hurt when the opponent is badly wounded everywhere :D.

He probably used up too much of his magic just to take him down. And moreover, the fact that he attained really bad physical injuries also decreased his endurance even further.

I thought his fighting style is also incredibly similar to Neji Hyuuga's.

Hanging-chop fist = Gentle fist.
Bacchus focuses magical power in the palm of his hands while Neji focuses chakra in the palm of his hands.
The stance is even almost identicle.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/freid1/erzabub.pnghttp://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/freid1/bucchusbub.png

In other words, he's a mix of Lee and Neji.

Jorge D. Dragon
April 07, 2012, 04:19 AM
I don't even know what to say. I hoped that his manga couldn't go any worse after Nakama Power-up during Tenroujima Arc... but no it actually could.
Seriously how could this happen? Bacchus was shown to be Elza's equal before timeskip. And now he looked at least Luxus equal (as he was when he fought Natsu and Gajeel) or even stronger. And Elfman managed to win against this guy?
I can understand that he has his own fandom and many people like him, but still we should be serious. It was just an asspull. If the guy tied with Elza several times before timeskip... well, I do believe that Elfman shouldn't be that tough as to stand his incredible punches.

Kurohitsugi
April 07, 2012, 04:56 AM
I don't even know what to say. I hoped that his manga couldn't go any worse after Nakama Power-up during Tenroujima Arc... but no it actually could.
Seriously how could this happen? Bacchus was shown to be Elza's equal before timeskip. And now he looked at least Luxus equal (as he was when he fought Natsu and Gajeel) or even stronger. And Elfman managed to win against this guy?
I can understand that he has his own fandom and many people like him, but still we should be serious. It was just an asspull. If the guy tied with Elza several times before timeskip... well, I do believe that Elfman shouldn't be that tough as to stand his incredible punches.

Bad match-up is a good excuse. And secondly, like in the real-life sports, sometimes underdogs can win against the favourites, especially if their motivation is higher than that of their opponents. It's normal to see it in a FT tournament too. No need to make it a big deal.

Tkae
April 07, 2012, 07:32 AM
Great chapter. Elfman really needed this win especially after his underwhelming performance during the S-Class exam. Even though he couldn't touch Bacchus and was pretty much a punching bag during the whole fight, his unwavering resolve and determination was the difference. A true man indeed.

Quatro Puppy? :derp That's a hilarious pun. Cerberus in Greek and Roman mythology, is a multi-headed hound (dog) (usually three-headed), so Quatro Cerberus = four-headed hound), except it will be a puppy now.

I hope Mirajane steps up for Fairy Tail B next round and yay, first solid points to Fairy Tail A (10 points).

lucy heartfilia
April 07, 2012, 07:49 AM
We were lucky that Natsu has a good Olfactory ...Otherwise, they've killed (wendy and the others)

When the kidnappers Understood they are not Lucy .... They had no choice other than to kill them.:chair

NightLite
April 07, 2012, 09:09 AM
I'm pretty sure Lucy's purpose in this won't be to summon a spirit.. It was made clear just a few chapters ago that celestial magic is more then summoning spirits. There was really no purpose in having Lucy cast a failed Uranometria aside from reminding us that she was capable of more then just summoning spirits with celestail magic. Not to mention the name of what she is going to be forced to do... Eclipse Plan, clearly celestial in nature.

Another thought is that Lucy using the failed Uranometria is exactly why she has become targetted.

Elfman fight was epic :) as far as I know winning through an overpowering defense is a fairly original method for Shonen fight scenes, glad to see Fairytail break the mold a little.

Edit:
I know I posted the above and still stand by it but.. the new anime opening contains a quite a few spoilers. I don't know how many are tied to fillers, but there was one thing I can't look past.

A gaint key

liductan
April 07, 2012, 09:16 AM
Thank you! Finally someone outside of fairy tail's main cast won a fight! This is what I been waiting for, I just Knew Elfman was going to win, and he DESERVED it!
I am really starting to like where this arc is going, keep up the good mashima!

Uriel
April 07, 2012, 09:28 AM
The giant key is probably part of the filler arc, so I doesn't count for this particular arc.

Regret
April 07, 2012, 12:27 PM
I get what you mean. I think what bothers me about this is that Bacchus set a new low for S-class mages by being the least diverse one we've ever seen. Erza was put into the same situation when she went up against Juvia and as we might expect from an S-class Erza changed her tactics to work on that type of opponent. Laxus proved not only to have a diverse aresenal of attacks for Mystogan, Erza, and Natsu, but he also had the speed and defense to handle or counter anything they threw at him. Mystogan seemed to have undefined possibilities for his tactics and even Mirajane seem to able to fight close range, long range, and use elemental magic.

The alcohol seemed like it would be his change in style but it turned out to be more of the same style. How Bacchus never faced an opponent that couldn't be touched is beyond me, but as we saw when Juvia switched guilds, this only proves that classes are different between guilds. Given the quality of the other members of his guild I guess it isn't that surprising.

I can't help but feel like the who rivalry aspect was over played mostly on our part. Seeing as how Erza managed to pull out a win against people like Ikaruga and Azuma I don't think she would actually lose to Bacchus if she were serious. I'd rather him win this way than to someone prove to be a better hand to hand combatant.

I am happy that someone like Elfman won for once. He finally learned something from all the beat downs he has received and found a way to use it to his advantage. I hope Mira has the same result since she hasn't been able to go all out in ages.

crimsonlink310
April 07, 2012, 05:25 PM
Happy for Elfman's win. He deserved it for training so hard and winning even though he was outmatched in everything except defense and endurance.

Natsu saving Wendy and co was good and I bet he will keep careful watch over Lucy. Of course the kidnapping is going to happen regardless. I just hope the tournament gets farther in before it is forced to cancel.

XEL
April 07, 2012, 08:34 PM

I actually liked this win. I, too, was fed up with the plot hole and friendship bullcrap we kept getting thrown at us, but this isn't in the same league, exactly.
Say you have a lit match, and a lighter. The match will no longer burn after a few seconds. The match, however, is more synonymous with infinite fire (when compared to the match). Now say the match is some fodder Mage and Bacchus is the lighter. Yes, he is much "stronger," but now let's say Elfman is water. It doesn't exactly matter how strong that lighter is, as the water will put out the fire.

In other words, Elfman used his brain, will, and had a little help in luck, but it was a good win, nonetheless.

hoeru
April 07, 2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah, it's absolutely impossible that Elfman -proposed S-Class mage- would overcome Bachus. Bad chapter! The worst!!!! No wait! Mashima actually repeated Elfman's win over Sol - one of the five TOP members of Phantom Lord. Back then Mashima made Elfman "suddenly" control his Take Over magic to save Mira (Ch.55), and now he made Elfman not only control a different Take Over, no: Elfman now is smart at battle tactics!

Quit complaining already, please.

llamapie
April 07, 2012, 11:50 PM
Ya I actually liked the chapter. Elfman will always fight at his best when its for the respect of his loved ones. That was simply the best possible defense against Bacchus. And it was one Bacchus probably dreaded going up against. Bacchus may be a higher class mage but Elfman had the perfect counter for him.

Ifrit
April 08, 2012, 04:58 PM
I hope that this dude is trying to open the Gates to Zeref World, and Zeref world is the Dragons World. The key to open it is Lucy, because the one who closed the gate was her mother perhaps. I hope it will be something like that, which give us the start of the long waited Dragons Arc.

If you think about it Lucy mother disappeared the same day Dragons did, because she closed the gate for the Dragons world. Maybe not sure :neutral

THM Nindo
April 08, 2012, 07:33 PM
I hope that this dude is trying to open the Gates to Zeref World, and Zeref world is the Dragons World. The key to open it is Lucy, because the one who closed the gate was her mother perhaps. I hope it will be something like that, which give us the start of the long waited Dragons Arc.

If you think about it Lucy mother disappeared the same day Dragons did, because she closed the gate for the Dragons world. Maybe not sure :neutral

Yeah, I think that would make sense.
I always had a feeling that Layla had something to do with the dragon disappearing, since it seems she disappear at the same time.

Did we have a confirmation of her actual death?
Or did she just vanished like the dragons?

kkck
April 08, 2012, 08:45 PM
Finally fairy tail got a break lol. Nice win for elfman, very much in the style of fairy tail. Quatro Puppies is not going to be happy about it, they might even be specially angry with bachus for taking such a random bet and imposing it on his team. I can't imagine elfman conceding to the bet if he had lost though, I cannot fathom a universe where he or his sisters would concede to an orgy with a drunkard. I am reasonably sure nice old mira would rather kill the both of them before actually going through with that.

Bachus magic is fairly interesting though. Sure it is simple but the fact that something so simple can be used to such a degree solely due to martial arts mastery is remarkable in a mage. I do wonder how his magic would fair against others though, hopefully we get to see more.

Another thing which I have been thinking for a while now is whether elfman and the others actually got double magic from urtear as the A team or they got to where they are solely through training. There is no reason for gerard to not have boosted their magic, after all he is a member of their team and they seem to trust him. In particular, elfman winning against bachus without such a boost would not make a whole lot of sense IMO. I doubt a seven year gap really is something that can be made up for with 3 months of training, and in elfman's case he would have required to match and surpass the likes of erza before her boost...

Now, as for the whole kidnapping thing it seems lucy is going to play an specially important part this arc and her magic is the key to the whole thing. I wonder why her in particular though. Aren't there other spirit mages? Of course, the actual number of mages in fiore and the world is supposed to be relatively small and among them a particular type of mage would be even weirder (only 10% of the population are mages apparently) so perhaps lucy is indeed a extremely rare type of mage. Now, perhaps the more likely scenario is that they are actually planning on using several spirit mages and have begun capturing them. If the military is after them then perhaps they already got to angel so it should not shock us to see her again soon enough.

Now, what could be the eclipse plan? The first thing that came to my mind was to see if there was any mythological creature in particular related to an eclipse (solar or otherwise). Only thing I found was that they used to believe the sun was eaten by a monster or dragon ate the sun during an eclipse. Perhaps the eclipse plan is directly related to the dragons then? Perhaps they plan on using stellar spirit magic to bound dragons in a similar fashion to stellar spirits? It would be a colossal military asset if they could pull it off to say the least... Of course, trying to find clues in actual mythology is hard to say the least. We have solar and lunar eclipses and researching the stuff related to both in greek mythology can be tiring.

Aikidoka
April 08, 2012, 10:20 PM
Did anyone else find it funny that Elfman -- Fairy Tail's resident punching bag -- won by being a punching bag?

MONKEYS
April 09, 2012, 08:41 AM
Did anyone else find it funny that Elfman -- Fairy Tail's resident punching bag -- won by being a punching bag?

Makes sense, doesn't it? He just embraced his true nature :)
Still, I really like the way he won. He embraced a completely different strategy, not just the punch them until they fall one.

Wow, I didn't think of that at all, that's a great theory. Who knows, maybe this arc will be quite big in terms of the overall plot.

Raven tail are really confusing. I mean, sure, they're assholes, but they seem legitimate (apart from cheating). To be honest, I still think they're evil, and only entered the competition for the money. I also think Ivan has interest in the Lacryma inside Laxus, perhaps that will be another arc.

matzik1212
April 09, 2012, 02:42 PM
Liked the chapter very much!

I'm really impressed by Elfman . I wasn't expecting too much from him honestly but he proved he's capable in times of need :thumbs (even as a punching bag :lmao) And Bacchus losing :blink ...sure didn't see that coming . It seems Mashima sensei likes to mess up with our heads . I mean making Gray, Lucy and Natsu lose but letting Elfman win was strange :shifty

But oh well , all's well that ends well . In the end FT got 10 points ...finally :^_^ What really made me excited was the ending . So they want to kidnap Lucy so they framed RT as the culprits . That's really low but well it's not like those RT are saints so it doesn't really matter to me . I'm starting to like how this tournament is developing . Lucy is the center stage and i like that . Stellar mages deserve better attention dammit :yelling :p

Narosian
April 09, 2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I think that would make sense.
I always had a feeling that Layla had something to do with the dragon disappearing, since it seems she disappear at the same time.

Did we have a confirmation of her actual death?
Or did she just vanished like the dragons?

Don't know the chapter the fairy tail wiki says she died of some illness.

Kauia
April 09, 2012, 06:47 PM
Don't know the chapter the fairy tail wiki says she died of some illness.

I looked up wiki. The only thing I saw on Wiki about Layla was she retired from work due to some unknown illness. It didn't say she died because of it. Plus I don't remember any chapter speaking about Layla's death. Everything about Layla is practically shadowed in mystery. All we know is she used to be a celestial spirit wizard. She retired from the said work. She knows one magic since she talked about it to Lucy. She's spoken highly of by spirits. They respect her. From what I know, anything concerning her death has never been tackled.

Shiro Tsuki
April 10, 2012, 04:50 AM
Meh Lucy is always special...:D
Plus she has almost every 'rare' zodiac keys!
Not so rare if you ask me! -_-
Makes me wonder if any other spirit wizard can even beat her? 0_o

You guys discussed every possible theory about the k-napping...
But before she gets kidnapped again - I'd really want her to fight and win...
Gray and Juvia as well...

THM Nindo
April 10, 2012, 07:26 AM
Meh Lucy is always special...:D
Plus she has almost every 'rare' zodiac keys!
Not so rare if you ask me! -_-
Makes me wonder if any other spirit wizard can even beat her? 0_o

You guys discussed every possible theory about the k-napping...
But before she gets kidnapped again - I'd really want her to fight and win...
Gray and Juvia as well...

Yeah, she's just missing Pisces and Libra.
And I'm pretty sure that she got another one for her last birthday (the small gift from her father).

Meaning that she probably have 11/12 zodiack signs!!

But, I doubt they are the strongest of them all, or the rarest...
Their might be some Platinum keys that are even more rare...

Maybe those would be the Chinese Zodiack signs... Dog, Snake, Rat, etc...
Who knows...

And there's always the Spirit King!
I wonder if he can be put under contract as well... :tem

Sumpner
April 10, 2012, 08:50 AM
In regards to Porlyusica, someone said that she should be able to handle herself considering she is the Grandine from Edolas. It could be that she can’t use Magic at all if that is the case, as no human had the ability to use magic from Edolas, all the Parallel versions couldn’t use it.

Did like the Elfman win, thought it was well worked. It was a perfect counter and I liked the typical, aaaahhh Elfman lost…no wait Bacchus felll over, so Elfman wins…Yay!

Think the Lucy has to be something to do with his mother, I really liked where he was going with Ellie during Rave Master, so he might re-use certain elements, it did have potential. What though I can not say, doubt it will be to do with the Dragons, but you never know. If I remember correctly, didn’t Layla die the same year the dragons all disappeared, I might be wrong, but that is a hell of a big coincidence for it to not be linked in some way. I always saw this as more of an end game, but I have no idea what Mashima has planned.

If I had to predict something, it would be that next chapter we will see more of Natsu, hopefully shed some more light on what those guys are up to. Would also like to see Laxus vs someone, we haven’t seen him fight for a while and he had a very short part in the fight against Hades.

We’ll see…only 5 more days.

Krang
April 10, 2012, 12:56 PM
Im curious to know what exactly that dark guild member did to stop Lucy's magic.

Kauia
April 10, 2012, 04:56 PM
Lucy's spell---do you think it was the same way that happened in Wendy's case? When she was attack, Porlyusica also said it was also due to magic defeciency.

hoeru
April 10, 2012, 08:59 PM
Im curious to know what exactly that dark guild member did to stop Lucy's magic.

I can't help thinking of Aria's "Metsu" which he used to drain Makarov's and later Natsu's magical power.

THM Nindo
April 13, 2012, 11:26 AM
Hmmm...
Is there no chapter this week?! :s

Kauia
April 13, 2012, 04:05 PM
There is, some raws are already out. Its in the new thread.