PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Ao no Exorcist Ch. 34 Discussion | Ch. 35 Prediction

earthforge
March 31, 2012, 04:58 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Ao no Exorcist. Chapter is out!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Looks like AnE got the cover:

Source: Goral (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/16389-Jump-SQ-%28Shueisha%29?p=2838314&viewfull=1#post2838314)
Credits: TSS

http://t.imgbox.com/aabV3z2n.jpg

candy
March 31, 2012, 05:03 PM
thanks earth!!! wow looking at kazue's drawing style now from when she first started its really changed a lot!!! lol yukio just give kuro a little taste!!!

Star Buster
April 02, 2012, 08:55 PM
CHINESE SCANS ARE OUT (http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1490692855)

earthforge
April 02, 2012, 10:42 PM
*comes back cranky after review session*

*sees raw is out*

"YAAAY~!" *prances to door and closes it, running back to laptop*

Yay HELICOPTERS! WHHEEEE!~

Oh Tatsuma and Torako, aww.

Mamushi SQUEEE!

The Shiemi and Rin moment is overflowing with adorable. Just GYAAAH! AWW.

*And then Renzou wrecks it. bastard.

WHOAHWHOAHWHOAH!

Holy SHIAT. Did not see that Mephisto and Shura stuff coming. TAKARA FORESHADOWING FINALLY. GODAMMIT.

Still - holy Batman. I smell a new ship~!

So, onto Rin and Yukio. Or rather, Rin blabbing while Yukio dozes. Looks like those plot threads are still heading toward the incinerator, with Yukio's issues and all. But it looks like Rin is readying himself to handle it. It is very adorable.

Did... did Juuzou just announce he was courting Mamushi? AAAWW~!

And the Kyoto tour. The kids more than deserved it.

Well, for a cooldown chapter, this one packed quite a punch.

shukketsumaru
April 02, 2012, 11:20 PM
GAAAAHHH!!! Someone translate to English right away!! The images, they are not enough to satisfy me!! Not even the last one where everyone is posing for a picture and Takara just doing the peace sign like it's natural. NOT ENOUGH!!! ~collapses from hyperventilation~

luna_wolf
April 03, 2012, 08:59 AM
CHAPTER IS OUT IN ENGLISH http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/34

BexXx
April 03, 2012, 09:11 AM
Chapter 34 is so Heartwaaaaarming!!! :zomg

earthforge
April 03, 2012, 10:16 AM
Poor Rin... the "forever friends" declaration. Well, he shouldn't worry, we all know Shiemi's definition of friend is... skewed?

Hm, info on Shura and pfffft... "That's a nice view" - we've officially heard this in two different contexts, and it's hilarious.

Whoa. So Mephisto has threatened Shura. Crap, she might be in danger of the dead mentor role. Hope not.

Shura is right about Rin. Though goddammit Yukio, they won't want the report immediately. He needs time off to recover after being mentally and physically kicked in the gut over and over. Result is he dozes off over his work. Bad idea. Rin's right (it kinda is slacking, to be so bad about work that you collapse on it). And he is picking up on Yukio's issues.

I like how Tatsuma's just providing support for Torako now, and how he said Bon doesn't need lullabies anymore. Very true. I like how Tatsuma is relieved to be finally moving on, and acknowledged Bon as his own man.

(Btw - I think Chief Bonze == Most High Priest.)

PFFFT. "Last night things just took it's course" and "you could think of marrying me as your punishment"... But yeah, I can see her being stripped of exorcist credentials (though I feel she really should be given some more lenience. She's inextricably tied to branch operations, and was manipulated by a guy who's throwing Yukio for a loop - which is hardly easy.) Bon said exactly what I said when Rin went "Kyoto towwaaa!" The Satan's son gag is funny. The alt volume 8 cover is great! Mamushi, Tatsuma, Juuzou, Karura, the IK (we can finally draw it, huzzah), and of course, Toudou.

Impossibility
April 03, 2012, 12:51 PM
Relaxed chapter. The interactions between Mephisto and Shura are interesting. We're reminded of the existence of Takara. I hope the next arc fills us in at least a bit on Takara, his history, abilities, and motivations.

NeeNeen
April 03, 2012, 01:50 PM
^^ We already had Shiro as the dead mentor. I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm sort of feeling sorry for Shura and Izumo though. Even Toudou got a cover before them. :/

BexXx
April 03, 2012, 05:35 PM
Heehee I love the way they're ripping the piss outa Rin now for being Satan's son, it really shows how they love him :^_^ plus it's real funny.

Oh plus i think Izumo and Shura have bigger storylines/past revelations coming so they'll get their covers in due course!

Googlez_kun
April 03, 2012, 08:15 PM
Haha,the scene with Shiemi and Rin was adorable and hilarious.Poor Rin got friendzoned,even though in Shiemi's eyes it was more like confessing her love for him,at least in a way.

Loved the whole chapter.

sakura_fai
April 03, 2012, 08:28 PM
lololol, Yuko's pose in front of the Kyoto Tower mascot... XD It's a cute chapter and it's nice to see how close the group's gotten, esp with Takara.

lol, he's there even though they don't know much about him....but he Takara must be an important official of some sorts, a ninja? Cause Shura mentioned Mephisto "letting" Takara in, which means he's not a normal student, and I doubt it's another True Cross officer...so what? XD

Mephisto was cold, but awesome. getting that Izaya feelin. XD

Yukio's a stereotypical Japanese workaholic remember? ;) But it was cool to see Rin in the onii-san role for a change. lol

:) I love how relaxed everyone was in the end, gave time for them to recover and bond, esp Rin and Yukio. ^_^

lol, so...what happened "last night" between Mamushi and Juuzou? XD

Weazul
April 03, 2012, 09:23 PM
Haha,the scene with Shiemi and Rin was adorable and hilarious.Poor Rin got friendzoned,even though in Shiemi's eyes it was more like confessing her love for him,at least in a way.

Loved the whole chapter.
when I read that part I kind of wondered... Shiemi is naive enough when it comes to interacting with people that it's possible the idea she could feel more than just friendship in regards to Rin (or anyone) may never have occurred to her...

earthforge
April 03, 2012, 10:02 PM
Obviously Mamushi and Juuzou, exhausted from their ordeal, let things took their course that evening... Considering Juuzou was asking Uwabami's permission, it was either to court or marry... Definitely they had that kind of night.

I'm still in shock over Mephisto's threat. Holy smokes.

when I read that part I kind of wondered... Shiemi is naive enough when it comes to interacting with people that it's possible the idea she could feel more than just friendship in regards to Rin (or anyone) may never have occurred to her...

Absolutely. I doubt she has any concept of being friendzoned, and even if she knew the word, doubt she'd understand it.

Weazul
April 03, 2012, 10:58 PM
Absolutely. I doubt she has any concept of being friendzoned, and even if she knew the word, doubt she'd understand it.
I always figured she's at least be awkward enough socially that she'd have trouble moving beyond friendship anytime soon and while she is still pretty naive and inexperienced when it comes to socializing and relationships and stuff she's made enough progress I've assumed she wouldn't be COMPLETELY clueless about that kind of thing. but it seems based on that scene any realization she does have that it could be more than friendship she feels is completely subconscious since while she's friendzoning him her reaction is more what you'd expect from someone who suddenly blurted "I really like you!"
(and I think that's just completely adorable, but poor Rin... especially getting that after his getting-kind-of-close-to-a-confession he said to her...)

Ig4kLone
April 04, 2012, 05:15 AM
Whoa, a cool down chapter. Love it ! The taking picture moment was hilarious.
Curious about Takara's story now, hope the next arc is about him. XD.

Memphisto's true color is finally out. Did not see that one coming. Memphisto FTW !!!
Anyway, kinda glad this arc is finally done. Really looking forward to the next arc..

Pyrenestrel
April 04, 2012, 06:30 AM
Wow, yes, what a great chapter! It worked well in it's role of 'fresh air', lol, after all those chapters filled with tension...

Takara is still as mysterious as ever, this chapter is just arousing a bit more our curiousity. Also on what Mephisto is planning.

I really loved all the funny parts like 'forever friends' and Shima making fun of Rin afterwards ^^ and it was nice to see nearly everyone too

Also all the bullying about the 'Satan's son', because now it isn't taboo for them anymore, they have fully accepted this part of Rin, they won't be scared of him now :)

earthforge
April 05, 2012, 02:54 AM
Mephisto hasn't revealed anything. He's just threatened Shura that, if she messes up the game before it comes to fruition, she might come to an early end. I'm just surprised he acted so outright vicious.

We might have a arc that is not directly related to the characters but serves as a means to reveal Takara, train Rin in the use of Kurikara, reveal more info about Gehenna, and move Yukio and Toudou's interactions forward (which seems inevitable, as long as Yukio does not come to terms with his problems.) It would be cool if we got some info on Mephisto in particular.

Found it funny that even Izumo is red from restrained laughter in spelling out letters, but Yukio is totally unmoved. Yay straightman characters!

MSofAofCOCA
April 05, 2012, 03:05 PM
Pretty glad this arc is over. I liked the beginning of it, but i felt like the fight with the demon was too long. Plus, i would really hate it if Yukio suddenly lost his marbles because of what what's-his-face said couple chapters back. I would like Yukio to remain a human-younger brother, thank you very much.
On that note, I really liked this chapter! It was really nice and cute! Mephisto's sudden threat was a curve ball, but it's really only a matter of time till we find out his plan, so it makes sense that he's a bit on edge. Curious about Takara though. He was mentioned this chapter by Shura, so i'm sure his side of the story is coming up. Personally, since Shura knows him/about him, i think that he is another spy from the church. different branch, maybe. hmmm....

But even though this was a very sweet chapter, i feel like it's the calm before the storm. And a good 99.9% percent of me is sure that the storm will start immediately next chapter. After all, Rin did break out....

earthforge
April 05, 2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah, the arc did drag on, largely because of the foreshadowing for Izumo and Renzou; Bon, Shiemi and Rin's big problems that needed to be solved individually; and the largest part, creating the scenario for Yukio and Toudou's interaction (approx 4 chapters, mostly with Toudou being a motormouth).

I would like Yukio to remain a human-younger brother, thank you very much.

But that whole eyes thing is throwing a monkeywrench in that...

but it's really only a matter of time till we find out his plan, so it makes sense that he's a bit on edge.

Curious. Why do you say this? I think Mephisto's plan is far from fruition, so it surprises me that he's worried.

Personally, since Shura knows him/about him, i think that he is another spy from the church. different branch, maybe. hmmm....

She knows him?

After all, Rin did break out....

It doesn't matter, with Yaozou and Uwabami's testimony and the destruction of the IK, Mephisto has all he needs to keep Rin in exorcist school.

Next arc issues will probably feature Takara and Shura, and Rin's new purpose.

luna_wolf
April 06, 2012, 08:10 PM
My main concern is what the church is going to do about rin.
for example if they decide to let him continue living, then will they put further restrictions on him. such as seals and bindings...or have i been reading to much fanfiction?XD
either way, if they want to constrict him. i hope Rin stands up for himself. i loved the bit in the chapter before this one where he implies that he wasn't himself with half of himself sealed away.

this chapter was really needed. it cleared the air and showed that, at least on the surface, all the characters haven't been severely phisicaly or mentaly damaged.
I'm directing this statement towards yukio most. I'm glad he was able to have fun with everyone. because he hasn't had his usual restrained composure for a couple of chapters.

Bwahahah! that SATAN picture at the end was priceless.

MSofAofCOCA
April 07, 2012, 11:06 AM
But that whole eyes thing is throwing a monkeywrench in that...

I realize that, but i still hope Yukio can pull through. I'd rather this be a red herring than it develop into something. Yukio has never been my favorite character, but I feel like I'm going to start downright hating him if he succumbs to Toudou predictions...

Curious. Why do you say this? I think Mephisto's plan is far from fruition, so it surprises me that he's worried.

Well, I'm not really sure how "soon" it will happen, my guess is we'll get more insight into his plan in a couple of chapters. Mephisto's revelation of his plan seems to possibly a climax, if not the climax, but the author has been dropping hints that Mephisto is up to something since some of the first few chapters. Now that Shura has confronted him and Mephisto has found it necessary to uh, lightly threaten Shura, I think it means he's nearing the stage in his plan that requires the most care, where he can no longer just ignore Shura's prodding. So yeah....

She knows him?
...I'm not sure that Shura knows Takara personally, but from what she said to Mephisto, she knows that Takara is not just a normal student (that seems to disappear during the important parts!!). She also knows that Mephisto knows that Takara is not just a random student. But although she knows that he is potentially like her, a spy within the class, she is more worried as to why Mephisto let them both in, (especially since they could pose as a threat to his own plans), rather than being worried who Takara actually is and who he is working for.

It doesn't matter, with Yaozou and Uwabami's testimony and the destruction of the IK, Mephisto has all he needs to keep Rin in exorcist school.

He does, and the testimonies will definitely help, but I feel like the church and especially August (ugh, don't remember how to spell his full name) will try their best to make everything difficult. Legally, the testimonies should be enough, but you never know what corners the church might cut just to get at Rin.

Jammin
April 10, 2012, 09:20 AM
The Mamushi/Juusou thing was absolutely hilarious.

In general though I share other people's feeling of relief that this arc is over though, it has not been a favorite of mine. It wasn't bad, there were lots of good character moments but it was not nearly Rin-centric enough for my tastes.

As for Yuiko. I am expecting him to spiral downward, but I've always kind of expected that since he doesn't seem to cope with his brothers successes well and sooner or later that's going to blow up; because Rin is going to keep succeeding.

Zeltrax
April 14, 2012, 05:25 AM
Such an adorable chapter, not really a great arc for me but still enjoyable.
Really like the whole friendship thing at the end considering the start of this arc :D
I wonder what Mephisto will proceed from now on and what exactly he is planning everything and how shura will counterattack, if at all.

Seems like Rin understood what Yukio is going with that "don't run away"? I see a deeper meaning in that.
I like Jammin's theory about one falling and another raising tho.
But for now,
Looking forward to the next arc.