PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 279 Discussion/ 280 Predictions

ghostexiled
April 06, 2012, 10:29 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

Naruto Sennin87
April 13, 2012, 09:11 AM
FAIRY TAIL 279 RAW OUT (http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=47951505#lastpost)

Ifrit
April 13, 2012, 09:45 AM
I see Mira !!!

Wow, talk about fanservice.... :hearts

That gate. I hope my theory come true. Its portal where you can go to the Dragons World, and it was closed by Layla. I have to wait and read what was said.

Mirajane :yourock

FrostyMouse
April 13, 2012, 09:54 AM
Not really what I'd have wanted out of this chapter, but Mashima does love his fanservice... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

I wonder if that door is where Zeref sleeps/rests. It probably can't be Acnologia's resting place, as dragons can't shapeshift in FT, and people would've seen Acnologia coming through the city.

Krono
April 13, 2012, 10:05 AM
I wonder if that door is where Zeref sleeps/rests. It probably can't be Acnologia's resting place, as dragons can't shapeshift in FT, and people would've seen Acnologia coming through the city.

Who says that dragons can't shapeshift in Fairy Tail?

Newkerzy
April 13, 2012, 10:05 AM
That gate looks pretty much to be the opposite of FT's Lumen Etoile. I'm getting the feeling that only Mavis, Makarov and Lucy can open and close it.

liductan
April 13, 2012, 10:21 AM
Fanservice !!! That's all,really annoying but I should be used to it by now...

Ruki92x
April 13, 2012, 10:30 AM
FANSERVICE 100% haha
and that door.. what is behind it. gah i am going crazyy
an epic chapter

Krono
April 13, 2012, 10:31 AM
FANSERVICE 100% haha

You do realize that we've got about 16 pages out of 28, right?

BlackHair
April 13, 2012, 10:32 AM
Not that I have anything against fanservice in particular, but I hate them if they slow down the pace. Those big ass panels dedicated for the sole purpose of fanservice are too much imo. Mashima should do it occasionally like Oda.

Edit:

Oda doesn't do fan service "occasionally" - this is plain wrong [..]
It seems we have a different understanding in fan service, not to mention u missed my point entirely. U see female characters running in bikinis is hardly fanservice for me, if they are not focused in the panels. Nami and Boa are totally different, Oda kept them mostly unfocused and light, and I don't recall any fanservice with the mermaids. But to begin with he hardly does any close up angle shots as Mashima, nor does he invest as much panels as him.

Now this is offtopic, I won't go any more than this. But there is a clear difference in Odas fanservice and Mashimas. Just to be clear once again, my problem is the pace (mostly).

hoeru
April 13, 2012, 11:29 AM
Oda doesn't do fan service "occasionally" - this is plain wrong: Nami wears the bikini top for about two years now. When she was off the manga, Oda always had one female character to replace her for fan service purpose (Hancock and Sadi for example). And in the Fishman Island arc, almost all mermaids were actually swimming around bottomless.

It's great to have a fan service battle, apparently before the real one starts (is that the new Satan Soul?). "Shelly Brandy vs. Mirajane Strauss" is just a perfect occasion for this. Both are beauties who were prominent in the Weekly Sorcerer, weren't they?

Krono
April 13, 2012, 12:40 PM
It's great to have a fan service battle, apparently before the real one starts (is that the new Satan Soul?). "Shelly Brandy vs. Mirajane Strauss" is just a perfect occasion for this. Both are beauties who were prominent in the Weekly Sorcerer, weren't they?

Actually it's Jenny, that Blue Pegasus chick that was doing announcing on Day 1. Apparently she's been swapped out for one of the Blue Pegasus members.

hoeru
April 13, 2012, 12:48 PM
Ah, okay & thanks. I just skimmed through the pics in order not to be spoiled too much. Seemy like I got my eyes on the wrong parts then... ^_^

MyuuMyuu
April 13, 2012, 02:03 PM
why are we even speaking about One Piece here? ..O_o i don't get it.

halfcrzy
April 13, 2012, 02:47 PM
Wow. i actuallly LoL'd, but cmon a whole chapter on that?? i was hoping for more!

REN KOUEN
April 13, 2012, 03:19 PM
ahhh yes i was also hoping for a bit more...

still cant wait for the translations ........

Krono
April 13, 2012, 03:21 PM
Just to be clear once again, my problem is the pace (mostly).

I'm not sure why your concerned about the pace being slowed down. As it stands, Mashima's one of the faster paced shounen authors out there. Having some humorous fanservice pad out an otherwise curb stomp fight is not going to slow things down in an extra long chapter.

Wow. i actuallly LoL'd, but cmon a whole chapter on that?? i was hoping for more!

Let me repeat myself:

You do realize that we've got about 16 pages out of 28, right?

And since that apparently isn't enough, let me further point out that the page were the two girl's fight is being announced is page 20. The page with Mirajane's new take over is page 30. So Jenny in her battle outfit is page 29. Page 21 may or may not be fanservice though I kind of bet against it. So this fanservice battle consists of pages 22-28 at the most. So what you're complaining about and calling "the whole chapter" is 6 pages out of a 28 page chapter.

REN KOUEN
April 13, 2012, 03:35 PM
either way i am still hoping to read a good chapter

i never just judge it 100% from the raws

Ifrit
April 13, 2012, 05:22 PM
ah...well...tired of waiting I'm gonna go to sleep. Only if the one that translate stop looking at the bikini pictures of this chapter. Then we could have seen it today :P

:teehee

REN KOUEN
April 13, 2012, 06:59 PM
ah...well...tired of waiting I'm gonna go to sleep. Only if the one that translate stop looking at the bikini pictures of this chapter. Then we could have seen it today :P

:teehee
:)

yes they would get more translations done using both hands instead of being occupied with one of them lol

Uriel
April 13, 2012, 07:54 PM
Hum, interesting chapter it seems. Now I'm eager to know more about Lumen Etoile, Mavis and why Gildarts went out travelling after seeing it.

Atobe the king
April 13, 2012, 11:27 PM
Mangastream tweeted that they were working on it so hopefully soon.

I dont mind fanservice and i agree FTs pace is really fast as is so i dont mind lol. I Looked at the pics after reading this thread and expected much worst haha. Liked the color spread but why was erzas head on lucys body...

Edit - despite his typically fast plots i feel like this arc and the last one are dragging...maybe its because i bulk caught up with the series up to tenro

hoeru
April 13, 2012, 11:27 PM
The chapter's still not out, and so I take a closer look on the images... Mira's and Jenny's costume changes basically are Requip magic, aren't they? I don't see any cabana or such. :/ And Jenny wears some battle armor... The design reminds me on Ulltear's one but without the clocks. I hope we can see more of her powers, even though I want Mira to win. And if I understand this right, one of the Raijinshuu is replacing Elfman instead of Wendy?

why are we even speaking about One Piece here? ..O_o i don't get it.

Because someone started to compare with invalid claims like Oda using fan service "occasionally" and "reason" that Mashima should do it like him. Can't stand this at all, sry.

First it's again the Oda vs. Mashima bullcrap discussion (in general Artist vs. Artist) which wastes a lot of time and space and serves nothing but the personal satisfaction to read stories of the "better artist".

As second reason: Manga readers start to complain about ero fan service just because some bikini girls do some poses. Such things have always been part of manga, so it's so darn annoying to have such posts everytime (while muscular guys being topless or showing their six-pack on unbuttoned shirts stay uncommented - which are also ero fan service ...)

And thirdly: Fairy Tail is a commercially published story, and it's successful. Deal with it being - what you call - "dragged"!

Epic_Rider
April 13, 2012, 11:46 PM
You speak the truth, hoeru. So much damn truth.

I understand that some people don't like fanservice for reasons best understood by themselves, but seriously there has always been fanservice in Fairy Tail, and the's no point in going on about something totally normal for this manga.

Atobe the king
April 13, 2012, 11:55 PM
its out !
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/10775321/1

frozen18ice
April 14, 2012, 12:31 AM
my suspicion was right the last gift that lucy received from his dad was the last remaining zodiac key for the 12 zodiac and they need the stellar king to form the 13th spot in the gate, im guessing the reason why lucy is crying because they forced her to use the keys for the gate and her friends are the power source yet it will be stopped because of levy and the book that she got from the stellar realm will save them from full destruction from being used in the gate because it was lucy life in exchanged for the stellar king saving her

liductan
April 14, 2012, 12:49 AM
For a second there, I was foolish enough to think that jenny would be a match for mirajane. Of course, I wanted more than this but only well, an easy victory is something fairy tail needs...I 'm really liking the fact that other characters are fighting....

Netero
April 14, 2012, 02:01 AM
Thanks Hiro for this great fan service. Dat Mirajane :hurr

Edelheld
April 14, 2012, 02:36 AM
1) Best fan service part for me was Elza on the first page.
2) And for me Jenny was better on the costume competition (don't kill me, please).
3) So it's settled for me that Ichiya is a pharmacist, his potions are not magical ones but are chemical drugs with its "aftershock".
4) If someone like me was too distracted with swimsuits to see it, the gates on the last page have 12 small holes(for stellar spirits) and 1 big(for Lucy or Stellar King).

MONKEYS
April 14, 2012, 03:22 AM
I've seen fan service before, but that was ridiculous.

Anyway, let's put that behind us. I'm not really digging the underlying plot, frankly, the tournament is much cooler in my opinion, ah well. Who knows, maybe they'll let the tournament finish before they start their plan, that would be good.

Yay, girl from Sabertooth is battling next week, and she's up against either the leader of Mermaid heel (I hope so), or the weird hooded girl.
I seriously hope Mermaid heel's leader has some good strength, and was only delayed in the big 3d maze because her teammates are so crap (apart from Risley). Still, it'll probably be a one-hit KO, much like Orga with War cry.

I also wonder who's going to be in the tag battle, I'm personally thinking Natsu and Erza will be it for FT A, or Gray and Natsu, but I feel as if Gray still has to get back at Rufus. I would say Nulpting too, but I don't think the teams have more than one battle between them, and FT A already had Flare vs Lucy.

On the note of Flare, methinks she's going to really screw up her competition event, which will allow the other teams to catch up with RT.

Newkerzy
April 14, 2012, 03:53 AM
Am I the only one thinking that we'll see Gajeel trying to contact Ivan again per Makarov's orders?? I'm thinking Jellal will smell the kidnapping incident fishy since there's this secret plot going on. Makarov would then order Gajeel to get information out of Ivan, while Jellal & Makarov watches the meeting through Meredy's magic. If it's confirmed Ivan has nothing to do with the kidnapping, Jellal would then make his move with Ultear.

Ifrit
April 14, 2012, 03:54 AM
4) If someone like me was too distracted with swimsuits to see it, the gates on the last page have 12 small holes(for stellar spirits) and 1 big(for Lucy or Stellar King).

Not really, but first thing I noticed its the same symbols crafted on Lucy gift from her father, and lucy still doesn't have the 12 keys more like 10 right ?

Lets say her father sent her a new golden one. There is still one missing. Maybe they already have it.

mmm..one question please. I need help.

Who is KAGURA & YUKINO ? :s

MechR
April 14, 2012, 04:39 AM
mmm..one question please. I need help.

Who is KAGURA & YUKINO ? :s
As MONKEYS mentioned, those should be the girl from Sabertooth, and Mermaid Heel's team leader. (Dunno which is which though.) All the other teams have fought for the day, and those two are the only unnamed members left on their respective teams (assuming Mermaid Heel's hooded girl is Millianna).

Gats
April 14, 2012, 04:48 AM
After seeing Mira's "final form" and her hellish eye, I can't wait to see the moment when she'll be pissed off for a real battle.

crimsonlink310
April 14, 2012, 05:19 AM
Hiro knows how to draw the female body lol. I personally liked Jenny as fanservice better since the angles of her poses were better.

As for the chapter, its a nice set up for the next chapter. By day 3 everyone on each team should have gone at least once in an event. I just seriously hope that the Tournament makes it to day 5 and then Lucy gets kidnapped or whatever happens to her.

BTW does anyone get the feeling the evil knight dude behind the plan is kinda incompetent? I mean he messed up the Erza vs Bacchis match-up and I dunno, overall he looks like a mook to me.

diavolo
April 14, 2012, 06:50 AM
great chapter!!
I agree with edelheld with his thinking about the door
the door has 12 little holes and one big + they request for the stellar spirit mage(who has almost the whole set of keys btw...) maybe the door leads to the spirit world or to the dragons' one...

Impossibility
April 14, 2012, 06:56 AM
I was initially seriously annoyed by the chapter, but the appearance of Mirajane's Satan Soul made me somewhat less perturbed. Mirajane is one of the most exciting combatants in the manga, and so I feel as though it's kind of a waste to have her engage in beauty contests. At least Charle seems to have realised that Lucy's potential kidnappers were way too incompetent to be the work of Raven Tail.

BTW does anyone get the feeling the evil knight dude behind the plan is kinda incompetent? I mean he messed up the Erza vs Bacchis match-up and I dunno, overall he looks like a mook to me.

I completely agree. He cannot be the mastermind of this plot, he is clearly ineffective and his competency level seems to be somewhat low. Maybe we'll get to see someone with a little intellect as the arc continues.

THM Nindo
April 14, 2012, 09:40 AM
Well, that's a bummer... Now we know that they will fail.
It was stated that they needed to kill Lucy to open the gate, and we already know that she won't die... :(

That's what I hate about plot-shield stuff like that...
It kinda ruins the drama and the suspense...

Anyway... I also think that the gate is a passageway to the Spirit World, although I don't know what they intend to do with it.
Maybe they want to force a contract with the Spirit King himself...

And we are pretty sure now that it has nothing to do with the Dragons or Layla disappearing, since they said they were working on it since 7 years ago, not 14 years ago.
Since it's 7 years ago, it might have something to do with all the events that happened before (Jellal, Zeref, etc).

exacta
April 14, 2012, 09:43 AM
This chapter SUCKED. What a lame battle....if you could even call it that. Mashima is such a perv to dedicate an entire chapter to whatever you want to call this. At least Mira's form looked cool and we got to see the dark gate. But wow. What a waste of a 28 page chapter.

BlackHair
April 14, 2012, 09:54 AM
I see so the fight ended with the double spread. My worries were for nothing. I made the right choice by not peeking more clearly at the raw. Thus Im positively surprised to learn the fight ended in a single chapter. But stil many pages felt unnecessary. Pretty average chapter for FT.

I'm not sure why your concerned about the pace being slowed down. As it stands, Mashima's one of the faster paced shounen authors out there. Having some humorous fanservice pad out an otherwise curb stomp fight is not going to slow things down in an extra long chapter. Mashima tends to end his fights within 2 chapters, I rly like him for that. In fact I believe this is best feature I see in FT. Thus Mashima has more time developing stories and character. However I have to disagree, his main plot pace is rather average to slow. Its just the fights which are "fast" paced.

As to fanservice, while I understand it was also meant for comedy, I wish the panels and pages to be used for more relevant matters. But I guess it is matter of viewpoint. I consider in a shounen manga fighting scenes and character development more relevant than fanservice. Im sure ppl with different preference will disagree with me. I don't mind fanservice at all, I just don't see the point if they are focused for several panels if not even pages.

Because someone started to compare with invalid claims like Oda using fan service "occasionally" and "reason" that Mashima should do it like him. Can't stand this at all, sry.

First it's again the Oda vs. Mashima bullcrap discussion (in general Artist vs. Artist) which wastes a lot of time and space and serves nothing but the personal satisfaction to read stories of the "better artist".

As second reason: Manga readers start to complain about ero fan service just because some bikini girls do some poses. Such things have always been part of manga, so it's so darn annoying to have such posts everytime (while muscular guys being topless or showing their six-pack on unbuttoned shirts stay uncommented - which are also ero fan service ...)

And thirdly: Fairy Tail is a commercially published story, and it's successful. Deal with it being - what you call - "dragged"!
Not only Im disrespectfully referred as "someone" but also my arguments are called "invalid" simply because you disagree with them. Further I don't think you got my point, which rly had nothing to do with OP. I merely used Oda to illustrate my thoughts in the most simplest way. I had no other intention besides that, much less in a manga vs manga discussion. Now I will not address ur three points in the spoiler tags, because they are off.

Krono (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/76246-Fairy-Tail-279-Discussion-280-Predictions?p=2853725#post2853725) for instance disagreed with me, but shared his viewpoint without treating me disrespectfully. Here you are even calling my arguments annoying. Now if I walk down the street filled with annoying dog shits, I will just avoid instead of wasting my time with them, so why are you addressing my annoying posts? I wasn't the only one displeased with fanservice, so why just me? Its not that I was bashing Mashima. Is it because I chopped down ur poor arguments in the Ace vs Magellan thread? Is it still about that? Im just trying to figure you out.

I cant stand self-absorbed, narrow minded ppl like you, who can't acknowledge other ppls opinion and preferences and put ur own opinion above others. This is a fourm, a community of ppl with different tastes. Its only natural that there will be ppl who you will disagree, if u can't deal with it then why are u even here?

I tried to be civil as possible, if my post still gets deleted, I just hope u read it before it does.

Marche
April 14, 2012, 11:02 AM
After Elfman winner the mood of Fairy Tail team A is really high.
The chapter is funny, and thanks to Bixlow the pair between Elfman-Evergreen became more canon.
Anyways seem that thanks to Fried’s runes the sickbay will be protected, while as says Erza says since now they will move at least in a pair, if not even in a majority number.

Charle noticed that is strange, the fact that Raven Tail changed their method of capture, but the others think this came for the rules of the tournament.
Anyways I believe that at the end of this second day (or perhaps after the third), Charle will have another vision and after that she will tell everything to the others, so they could understood that something is wrong. (I will write in detail about the gateway of darkness in my next post, where I will write only about it).

It’s surprising that Charle howl so much for Mira, this is really against her character, even in the truth she does it just for not thinks about Lucy’s vision.

Instead of a battle we have a swimsuit contest.
It’s good for fanservice but I actually wanted to see a real fight of Mira, but perhaps Mashima keep her for the next days.
Beside is really by Mira’s character to evade the fight.

Anyways Jenny replaced Ichiya. I really want to know if Ichiya could participate to the tournament or considering that he was replaced he is out from the tournament.
Anyways before of this chapter I thought that Mira would have fight Risley from Mermaid Hell while Erza and Natsu would fight Ichiya and the one who wears the rabbit costumes, but now I am not so sure about this.

Anyways after this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/279/10 I believe that Mira has more boobs, but in this Jenny in this pose seem hottest.
Here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/279/11 even if a little bit is better Mira.
In swimming uniform-bikini transformation is better Jenny, while in bondage cotumes is better Mira.
Then Jenny’s tries to win with a trick, for gaining the victory after knowing what thype of girls the judges wanted, but unfortunately she chooses her battle, for this reason Mira attacks her and win.
With this new form of battle is better Jenny, because Mira really sucks in this form, but in her normal/standard battle form Mira would outclassed Jenny in beauty.
Anyways from what Erza says seem that Mira had already that form.
Sincerely I don’t think that it’s so strange, because in fact even Lisanna has several transformation magic, beside even without counting the form showed in this chapter, Mira had already shown that had different forms, for example when she transformed in Wakaba’s wife or Happy face in http://www.mangareader.net/135-7222-8/fairy-tail/chapter-107.html.
Beside that she had not a real occasion for show this form.
In fact against Fried her transformation was unconscious, while against Evergreen-Elfman would be too much using this form, while against Azuma she barely could hold her normal form.

Anyways I must say that in this new form Mira seem really Hades, in fact you compare this pics http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/279/18 to these http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/247/8 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/4.
Anyways seem that who proposed the bet at the end lose.
Anyways I believe that we will see Jenny’s naked in one of the first pages, at least I hope so.

Really good the exchange of words between Luxus and Gerard, while in the same frame Lluvia is really beautiful.
Speaking of Gerard he returned to see the match, perhaps for what Erza says at the beginning of the match, for the rules of the tournament.

For the next chapter “Kagura vs Yukino”.
We already know 3 names of Mermaid Hell.
In fact the two who participated to the contest are Beth and Risley, while Arania is the one who fought the first day.
If we assume that the woman with the hood is Milliana, then the only who remains is the leader, counting that it’s unlikely that Mermaid Hell will use a reserve, because otherwise this would means that in 3 of the 4 battles of the second day there was at least one reserve.

Anyways seem that the leader would fight the girl of Sabertooth.

I believe that the name Yukino is more suited to the girl of Sabertooth, while Kagura is more suited to the leader of Mermaid Hell.

Anyways I must say that I don’t like this fight, because both of them got my interest when they appeared.
In fact before of the beginning the tournament in oder of preference the one who got my interest were:
1) Flare (After Lucy’s fight my interest in her has almost completely disappeared, I am only interest about her past).
2) Mermaid Leader.
3) The rabbit of Blue Pegasus.
4) Girl of Sabertooth.
5) Shellia.

Regarding the result I bet on a draw, so no one of the character would be damaged, at least not too much damaged.
But if someone would win I hope in the Mermaid Hell’s Leader.
I believe because if the leader of the Mermaid Hell would lose, the guild would lose almost all her chance to get some victory.
Beside if the girl of Sabertooth would lose, I would like to see Sting face.
But in the truth I don’t think that she would lose, because otherwise Raven Tail after 2 days would have already a margin of 16 points from the one who are in second place, beside it’s unlikely that Sabertooth would take 0 points in the second day, for that reason I believe that will end in a draw.

Anyways the Mermaid Hell’s leader appearance is similar to Urtear, but she has also something that resemble me Erza.

Kaiten
April 14, 2012, 12:42 PM
Everyone's point of view is valid, let's all calm down a little and get back to discussing the chapter. No more name calling or angry comments please, okay :)

-Ken-
April 14, 2012, 01:23 PM
Meh, boring fight, but it passed for just because it's Mira XD. My favorite female in Fairy Tail.

So she doesn't used the strongest satan soul against Azuma? Interesting. Did she just learned it during 3 months training or something?

hoeru
April 14, 2012, 01:26 PM
After Elfman winner the mood of Fairy Tail team A is really high.
The chapter is funny, and thanks to Bixlow the pair between Elfman-Evergreen became more canon.

Yeah, I guess their tactic to defeat Mirajane ('http://www.mangareader.net/135-58359-8/fairy-tail/chapter-208.html') is totally backfiring on them. I'm calling that Mira's nightmare will come true. :D

It’s surprising that Charle howl so much for Mira, this is really against her character, even in the truth she does it just for not thinks about Lucy’s vision.
I think she's unsure about her visions 'cause of what happened at Tenrou. Since, in the end, they did turn out half as bad, didn't they? To me it seems natural for her to shake free from bad feeling for not killing the mood. She's smart enough. (And before flaming starts again: This paragraph is on-topic and solely about the current Fairy Tail chapter.)

Anyways before of this chapter I thought that Mira would have fight Risley from Mermaid Hell while Erza and Natsu would fight Ichiya and the one who wears the rabbit costumes, but now I am not so sure about this.

I was actually assuming that neither Elsa nor Natsu would take part in the battle extra rounds.

Anyways from what Erza says seem that Mira had already that form.
Sincerely I don’t think that it’s so strange, because in fact even Lisanna has several transformation magic, beside even without counting the form showed in this chapter, Mira had already shown that had different forms, for example when she transformed in Wakaba’s wife or Happy face in http://www.mangareader.net/135-7222-8/fairy-tail/chapter-107.html.
Beside that she had not a real occasion for show this form.

Hm, but Take Over is a different magic than the transformation Mira used to convert into Wakaba's wife... I think there was some kind of "Lesson special" where Mirajane teaches Natsu, Lucy and Happy about transformation magic to create a copy image of another person.

The Strauss siblings are Take Over mages but each of them is specialized in Animal Soul (Lisanna), Beast Soul (Elfman) and Satan Soul (Mirajane) - and each of the Souls has different types and also can only transform a mage's body partially.

Anyways I believe that we will see Jenny’s naked in one of the first pages, at least I hope so.
Unfortunately, Mira nor Jenny have been decided on the naked pose, so I think Mashima would troll us by only showing her back... :P

Skyguardian
April 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
*Stops nosebleed*

Sooooo What a fight huh? So intense...

*starts bleeding again*

Damn it... How should I comment on the chapter like that?

llamapie
April 14, 2012, 07:56 PM
Awesome chapter is awesome. Who cares if nothing moved forward in the story?

Like seriously.
My review consists of this:
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/hash/d5/a9/d5a9f73edd6cc76a5f15f9acde89ff41.jpg

This manga is the king of teases. I swear.

REN KOUEN
April 14, 2012, 08:59 PM
it seems like arcadius or whatever may be doing something behind the kings back...

its gonna be interesting to see how they kidnap lucy now that ft is waiting on it to happen

Ifrit
April 14, 2012, 10:39 PM
It was stated that they needed to kill Lucy to open the gate, and we already know that she won't die... :(

I don't think they need Lucy as a sacrifice more like. They gonna drain her magic power to open the Gate. Like summoning the 12 golden spirits same time. Which she kinda did before (Not all), but most of her spirits when she saved Leon...There is a possibility a mage could die when his magic power get drained, but Makarov survived from this, and recently also Wendy....

Maybe her magic power has nothing to do with it, and Lucy will simply remember a song her mother used to sing to her when she was young, and this is why Charlie said Lucy looked like she is singing something...maybe the lyrics of this song is needed to open the gate.

So keeps your hopes up. I think they will succeed in opening the gate.

protomelvin
April 14, 2012, 11:02 PM
I don't think they need Lucy as a sacrifice more like. They gonna drain her magic power to open the Gate. Like summoning the 12 golden spirits same time. Which she kinda did before (Not all), but most of her spirits when she saved Leon...There is a possibility a mage could die when his magic power get drained, but Makarov survived from this, and recently also Wendy....

Maybe her magic power has nothing to do with it, and Lucy will simply remember a song her mother used to sing to her when she was young, and this is why Charlie said Lucy looked like she is singing something...maybe the lyrics of this song is needed to open the gate.

So keeps your hopes up. I think they will succeed in opening the gate.

Hmm, I think that guy specifically states that one girl's life was a cheap price to pay or something along those lines. I'm pretty sure they intend to sacrifice her.

REN KOUEN
April 14, 2012, 11:26 PM
it probably has something to do with her forcing the gate open so they can steal power or get some powerful.spirit from the spirit world, but this type of gate opening is too much for.the stellar spirit mage to survive

crimsonlink310
April 15, 2012, 03:49 AM
It was stated that they needed to kill Lucy to open the gate, and we already know that she won't die...

That's what I hate about plot-shield stuff like that...
It kinda ruins the drama and the suspense...

Who says that someone else can't be sacrificed in place of Lucy? Or that the plan will even fail? Levy was the one narrating back a few chapter. So it could be that team Natsu and team Gajeel from the tournament might end up getting sucked into wherever the gate leads to. Then again the castle was collapsing and Lucy was crying her eyes out while singing.

Just because the villain ultimately fails at the end doesn't mean you have to ruin it for yourself by assuming you know how things will work out.

Otherwise all manga series would be boring to read.

Uriel
April 15, 2012, 07:03 AM
Average chapter. The gate was the thing. And I'm not against fanservice, but took many pages. I guess Mashima had to fill the rest to avoid showing more of the things to come. Doesn't matter to me, anyway, so I just skipped these pages until the armored suits. Which looks so damn cool. I applaud Mashima because the designs are always so perfectly drawn.

And I think they will open the gate, for sure. But I'm certain that they THINK the Stellar Spirit has to die when in reality what happens is something else. Probably Lucy will be saved or revived by the Zodiac King.
...And let me say this now: This gate opens the world of the spirits. All of them. Yes, like the kind of the ones who died. The king surely lost someone, Arcadias probably wants to open it to bring something to Zeref or something like that.

So she doesn't used the strongest satan soul against Azuma? Interesting. Did she just learned it during 3 months training or something?
Erza knew it, so it's very likely that it was previous than the timeskip.
She probably didn't have enough magic power back then.

hoeru
April 15, 2012, 08:20 AM
And I'm not against fanservice, but took many pages. I guess Mashima had to fill the rest to avoid showing more of the things to come.
Sure, but that was the second chapter with more than 20P in a row to promote the FT movie. Last week were fan service of martial arts, this week was fan service of posing bikini girls. ^_^

The plot itself wasn't actually slower than last week - not that I wouldn't be running out of patience, too... But I think that the battles of day 2 won't be disrupted. When the night comes, Arcadios/Raven Tail might try and snatch Lucy - but I'm actually expecting Acnologia to appear and attack Crocus rather than Lucy actually being sacrificed. But in fact, Charle's teaser was too random for any prediction ...