PDA

View Full Version : Did Ace Survive...

Liqiud
January 20, 2007, 07:41 PM
Ace put up a hella fight.. but got owned. The last panel was of his hat, implying that he lost. But did he hit the spike?

Tailsnake
January 20, 2007, 08:52 PM
I think it's about time OP had a death of character in the current time period.

OP_overlord
January 20, 2007, 09:05 PM
yeah but not ace he is too cool to die ever we still gota know about thatpaper and if hes dead then luffy just has some drawing paper for nami

i want anyother choice in the poll
"hopping for eth best" (indecisive and couldnt chose between dead or not)

Liqiud
January 20, 2007, 09:31 PM
Heh, that piece of paper has something to do with the pirates summit...

shii
January 20, 2007, 10:03 PM
I remember BB said something about the summit when he found Luffy in Jaya...

And if I'm not wrong, Ace said that piece of paper would make them meet again or something like that

- I think he is still alive >>"

fire breather
January 20, 2007, 10:25 PM
maybe it sends ace to luffy when ace is about to die since he did where it

OP_overlord
January 21, 2007, 01:05 AM
up that is what i think and sice there is no new choice on the poll ace is alive

Pevee
January 21, 2007, 01:11 AM
I want him to be alive, but something (that's me) tells me he's not. But he can be... We'll just have to endure the terrible week to see for ourselves.

jeffhmwong
January 21, 2007, 04:00 AM
I can gurandamntee Ace is still alive.
His character plays a too big of a part.

Think of it this way, if he dies, who can beat aokiji? No ONE..!!

sushi
January 21, 2007, 04:22 AM
ace is surely alive maybe been owned but still it's unknown actually
the hat may just be a symbol of death but i hope ace wont die
he needs to meet luffy

Luckas
January 22, 2007, 01:19 PM
Please read this rule (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13561.0). Luckas[br]Posted on: January 21, 2007, 01:05:18 PM_________________________________________________Topic unlocked. Luckas

king_crimson-
January 22, 2007, 02:13 PM
I want him to be alive, but something (that's me) tells me he's not. But he can be... We'll just have to endure the terrible week to see for ourselves.

totally agree....

I can gurandamntee Ace is still alive.
His character plays a too big of a part.

Think of it this way, if he dies, who can beat aokiji? No ONE..!!

his part IS big indeed: his death shall be the trigger for a global war :D

about aokiji: BB can beat him easily....ener also can...

Liqiud
January 22, 2007, 03:16 PM
if Ace actually IS dead then i'll be agitated. but oda might know that we think that ace isn't dead but think he thinks that ace will die because we think that he will due to us thinking he will because we think he won't so oda will keep him alive. perfectly rational explainiation to why said fire fist won't drive the spike. -- explanation courteously of Jack Sparrow

OP_overlord
January 22, 2007, 08:49 PM
that was a crazy explanation and idk what is scary you saying it or me knowing what you meant and that i agree Oda is just messing with us as he likes to

Liqiud
January 22, 2007, 10:20 PM
exactly, so he did what we thought he would do but he thought that we didn't think that he would do so he did it. savvy? ace is alive. at least i think that he is or the thought of what i think wouldn't be true now would it?

gao_dargon
January 22, 2007, 11:31 PM
i think he is alive, and just cuz his hat is on the ground does not mean he lost does it??? i have seen luffy picking up his hat of the ground alot of times after wining a fight, y do u asume ace got owned?

War
January 23, 2007, 02:09 AM
I voted Ace as 'alive' mainly because Ace is one of the protagonists and I think that Luffy will battle him later on. :)

sushi
January 23, 2007, 02:21 AM
yeah i totaly forgot bout luffy's hat

jeffhmwong
January 23, 2007, 06:58 AM
I guess he might have been sucked in by BB black hole...

War
January 23, 2007, 07:46 AM
I guess he might have been sucked in by BB black hole...

But that would mean certain death for Ace, unless BB wanted to keep Ace alive on purpose. I don't see why though.

OP_overlord
January 23, 2007, 09:52 PM
But that would mean certain death for Ace, unless BB wanted to keep Ace alive on purpose. I don't see why though.

BB might want to keep Ace alive so that he can use him as bait to find luffy instead of him searching for luffy luffy will search for him

sushi
January 24, 2007, 02:35 AM
saves his time for more training and gaining more control thus when luffy beats him luffy will get even stronger

War
January 24, 2007, 05:27 AM
BB might want to keep Ace alive so that he can use him as bait to find luffy instead of him searching for luffy luffy will search for him

That could be the case, but if BB sucked Ace into the blackhole, how would Luffy know about it? So far, I think that only the people from BB's crew know about his powers, since the people in the town would certainly be killed.

Unless... Luffy thought that BB had killed Ace, and wanted vengeance..

However, I think that's rather impossible as Luffy does not know where in the world BB is, and that they would have to follow the direction of the logpass thing.

sushi
January 26, 2007, 05:33 AM
firstly does luffy even know who BB really is??

gao_dargon
January 26, 2007, 07:34 AM
hahaha you know now that u mention it, i dont think luffy knows how bb is, but he wont care for that matter, he will only care for his brother (if what i said earlier were to be true), he will just get surprised and say somethin like *oo u r the one of the food fith right??? sugoooi* pointing at him and with his jaw on the floor then someone of the crew would tell him *he is the one that beat/killed/captured ace remember?* and he will be like *o true* and strart fighting

jeffhmwong
January 28, 2007, 03:19 AM
Who said Luffy does not know whos BB?

They meet in the tavern eating Pie....remember?

Chidoki
January 28, 2007, 03:25 AM
I still find it hard to believe only because nobody that is a major character really dies in One Piece for some reason because they seem to always be alive again at some point. The only people I'm sure that was shown dead would be from all the flashbacks. So even to see everyone from like something like CP9 all to survive all the way to a good guy character like Ace where I haven't noticed any good guys die yet (aside from the flashbacks) still makes me hard to believe he died only because of that reason.

Tiger D. Kasthuren
January 28, 2007, 03:45 AM
Of cource Ase is still alive. Oda never let anyone die.
Think about the guardian of Alabasta, the bird man that saved Alabasta from the bomb. Not even he died, man... so come on, how can you think Ace's dead?!
And actually noone dies in One Piece. Even the bad guys live on and a taken from the government (Eneru left the planet though)
Ace lost that match, I believe. Not that I doubt his monstrous powers and his will, but if Blackbeard was to die, that just would have been nonsense. Why should he die?
If he died, then why did Oda even bother to create him. He hasn't done anything yet, but something's gonna happen, that's for sure.
They say Whitebeard is the nearest to become the Pirate King. But maybe Luffy and Blackbeard are the ones from the new age, who're going to fight for that title in the end.
And Luffy now has a reason to fight him too... It's going to be interesting.

Ps. Sorry Chidoki ... didn't see your post...

War
January 28, 2007, 05:13 AM
Who said Luffy does not know whos BB?

They meet in the tavern eating Pie....remember?

I think they're meaning who BlackBeard really is, not who he is. As in, not whether they know him or not, but in the aspect of whether they know how powerful he is and that he's looking for him.

Absolutio
January 28, 2007, 04:40 PM
luffy knows blackbeard, he just doesnt know that he's blackbeard and thats he's after him..

Liqiud
January 29, 2007, 11:25 AM
Of cource Ase is still alive. Oda never let anyone die.
Think about the guardian of Alabasta, the bird man that saved Alabasta from the bomb. Not even he died, man... so come on, how can you think Ace's dead?!
And actually noone dies in One Piece. Even the bad guys live on and a taken from the government (Eneru left the planet though)
Ace lost that match, I believe. Not that I doubt his monstrous powers and his will, but if Blackbeard was to die, that just would have been nonsense. Why should he die?

If he did in fact die then Blackbeard would have no reason to go after Luffy, for he would give Ace's hat to the WG and be accepted into the Shikibukai, as Ace most likely has a higher bounty than Luffy. They will however, eventually, meaning a fairly long time from the current storyline, incounter one another and of coarse Blackbeard will boast about killing Ace, and Luffy will go apeshit.

If he died, then why did Oda even bother to create him. He hasn't done anything yet, but something's gonna happen, that's for sure.

If he does die; like the manga states: "The two's battle would be spoken of -- as a 'trigger' for a great incedent that would later occur ." That 'great incedent' would be said ass beating of Blackbeard at the hands of Luffy.

That being said, I believe Ace is still alive, he will just seem dead, until the Luffy - Blackbeard fight.

Tailsnake
January 29, 2007, 01:07 PM
Ace has a bounty of 400 Million, it was stated that the two brothers together were worth 700 Million.

sahugani
January 29, 2007, 01:12 PM
that was a fake spoiler from a little while back

zelllogan
January 29, 2007, 04:09 PM
totally agree....

his part IS big indeed: his death shall be the trigger for a global war :D

about aokiji: BB can beat him easily....ener also can...

come one BB maybe but ener is a wimp. The only thing he have is his fruit, remember what luffy said : "there is hundreds of mans who can beat you in the blue sea". Ans aokiji is definitively one of them

Pimpolho
January 29, 2007, 06:39 PM
I don´t think he died. He probily is traped in BB´s body.
BB´s Because of that can´t prove he killed him and can´t release him because it will be danger.

But if he died it will be really the biggest event that Oda made untill now. Because he thought that it was necessary change his way of not killing.

OP_overlord
January 29, 2007, 09:16 PM
he is not dead just trapped and being used as bait to get to luffy the state that he is in idk but it cant be good

venicia777
January 30, 2007, 02:28 AM
i think he isnt dead like all of you ace fans. His hat didnt get incinerated-- if it did i would have bet he was gone for good. But to me that means a part of him is still remaining-- to be explored later.

Long Live Luffys Eternal Ally-- Portgas D Ace :smoke

deathshadow25
January 30, 2007, 02:32 AM
I think he might be in another dimension and when MArshall uses hi ability against Luffy ,Ace will shoot out

War
January 30, 2007, 04:20 AM
I think he might be in another dimension and when MArshall uses hi ability against Luffy ,Ace will shoot out

But wouldn't Ace be squished to pieces like the town was? O.o

venicia777
January 30, 2007, 05:09 AM
yeah-- that is a possibility- because i dont know if he squishes only solid matter. and if he does whether Ace will be able to access his ability inside of him.

damagichour
January 30, 2007, 01:46 PM
No one dies in OP but i think there might be some side effect that happens to Ace like maybe he might lose his DF ability.

OP_overlord
January 30, 2007, 04:33 PM
No one dies in OP but i think there might be some side effect that happens to Ace like maybe he might lose his DF ability.

that would be so bad that was liek 1/2 of y i liked him he was stronger then luffy

Tailsnake
January 30, 2007, 06:11 PM
Ace without his abilities is stronger than Luffy with his ability, or at least he was when they were younger.

Anti-panda
January 30, 2007, 08:39 PM
Ace was beaten but not killed by BB, That way when luffy beats the crap out of bb sometime in the later future ,much later, It will go without saying that he has surpased Ace.
The event ... well imagine Whitebeard reaction when he finds out BB took out ace ... err at least beat him.

OP_overlord
January 30, 2007, 09:05 PM
Ace without his abilities is stronger than Luffy with his ability, or at least he was when they were younger.

im not to sure idk if ace can take a punch like BB said he has taken one in a while and luffy did beat a god

War
January 31, 2007, 05:24 AM
im not to sure idk if ace can take a punch like BB said he has taken one in a while and luffy did beat a god

Well, Eneru wasn't really a god though. xD

Anyway, I don't see why BB would keep Ace in a black hole. I think he would leave Ace defeated and Ace would go look for WB and tell him all about what had happened.

xr3b0rn5inx
January 31, 2007, 09:57 AM
I have a feeling Ace has died and Luffy will avenge his death by fighting againts Blackbeard ^ ^

War
January 31, 2007, 11:07 AM
I have a feeling Ace has died and Luffy will avenge his death by fighting againts Blackbeard ^ ^

Well, I feel its hardly improbable that Ace has died. He's one of the protagonists. Luffy doesn't need to fight BB only for revenge purposes. He could do it for other reasons.

sahugani
January 31, 2007, 12:00 PM
Well i believe ace will live for reasons totally unrelated to Luffy's revenge as it will be Shanks and the Redhairs that fight BB and his crew

OP_overlord
January 31, 2007, 09:23 PM
yeah i agree ace might just be used as a way to become a shcihubukai by BB and then Wb will have to get him out of the WG and that will be the incident

jumbohiggins
January 31, 2007, 09:35 PM
heres how i see it Ace got beat :cussing
but hes not dead luffy will find him and that will be his inspiration to fight BB

:offtopic by the way heres how i predict the luffy BB fight will go their will be a ginormous build up to it and theyll be the last from their crews to fight
then luffy knocks out bb with one shot cuase hes so freaking strong and his rubber powers have no effect on his crazy strength

jeffhmwong
January 31, 2007, 10:46 PM
But How can luffy touch BB? By touching him, u loose all ur DF power. I dont think any non logia heros can beat BB.

Perhaps shanks might show some hidden powers (DF hopefully) when he meets BB.

WTF? Isnt what we hv been discussing all along? :rant

Anti-panda
January 31, 2007, 11:04 PM
Oda himself has talked about a ban on death... IE. He doesn't feel that killing off cental or important characters is necessary or smart. They are defeated and then just stop being part of the main story. ( Most of them move on to Cover art mini stories. some come back and by some I mean buggy and alvidia.)
So I think Oda would be out of his mind if he killed off ace and then again he made things out so that pell survived.

OP_overlord
January 31, 2007, 11:09 PM
yeah it is all based on odas whim when he is drawing it that day but i hope he keeps ace around i forsee more stuff for him and luffy and maybe dragon too

i too think that the BB fight will be the last but shanksand WB will be there too and does anyone elsse see a growing resemblems between the redhaired crwe and the SH

jumbohiggins
February 01, 2007, 09:19 PM
But How can luffy touch BB? By touching him, u loose all ur DF power. I dont think any non logia heros can beat BB.

anyone can hit him its the weakness of his power remember thats why ace was able to fire blast him

Anti-panda
February 01, 2007, 09:23 PM
i too think that the BB fight will be the last but shanksand WB will be there too and does anyone elsse see a growing resemblems between the redhaired crwe and the SH

I see a resemblance between the redhair and strawhat crews, Luffy promised shanks that he would assemble a better crew than shank's crew and meet him out on the ocean. Then he would become pirate king. So at some point we should expect a really cool throwdown between those two crews.
Also it should be noted that Blackbeard was Oda's real life favorite pirate so we should expect his namesake within OP to be a villian and central figure for a long time. Or at least something amazing.
And as far as blackbeards powers go ... He's not invunerable. He said himself his power forces him to take the damage from attacks maybe even worsens the damage, But I'm not saying he's going to be anything close to a push over at all. (so dont expect a one hit-KO ~Jumbohiggins~)
Blackbeard and Luffy + respective crews race it out for the end of the grandline and One Piece. Thats my long term prediction.

OP_overlord
February 01, 2007, 10:45 PM
can he be hit moer then once by the same attack ... yeah right ace hit him twice with fire so all you need to do is stay away from him (eiser said then done i bet but that is the way to bet him)

venicia777
February 01, 2007, 11:47 PM
can he be hit moer then once by the same attack ... yeah right ace hit him twice with fire so all you need to do is stay away from him (eiser said then done i bet but that is the way to bet him)

thats right on the money. THe only thing is-- i dont know the range of his gravity pulling/sucking jutsu that he used to suck Ace in. He said it was inescapable-- but i think it works only at certain ranges.

I wonder how gear 3 will affect BB's body?

Ace lives to come back again :smoke

Anti-panda
February 02, 2007, 12:37 AM
thats right on the money. THe only thing is-- i dont know the range of his gravity pulling/sucking jutsu that he used to suck Ace in. He said it was inescapable-- but i think it works only at certain ranges.

I wonder how gear 3 will affect BB's body?

Ace lives to come back again :smoke

First of did you think you were on a Naruto board ... Jutsu?? shame shame :paperbag

Secondly I doubt gear 3 would be verry effective since BB had absolutly no trouble sucking up an entire town. A giant wouldn't be safe from that. Believe it or not based on what i've seen thus far about BB ability the best and only combination i've come up with thus far to attack him would be for someone like Luffy Gear 2nd to pepper him with quick attacks and avoid him whilest Ussop/king hits him with a barrage of attacks from long range out of his attack scope. But there's no way BB sniper would allow that to go unhindered.
Basically I'm saying at luffy's present condition he doesn't possess the skills neccessary to win.

venicia777
February 02, 2007, 05:56 AM
First of did you think you were on a Naruto board ... Jutsu?? shame shame :paperbag

hey-- dont you see the smoke icon-- the mistake was on its way already :p But have some mercy-- i post in the One Piece section more than anywhere else

Secondly I doubt gear 3 would be verry effective since BB had absolutly no trouble sucking up an entire town. A giant wouldn't be safe from that. Believe it or not based on what i've seen thus far about BB ability the best and only combination i've come up with thus far to attack him would be for someone like Luffy Gear 2nd to pepper him with quick attacks and avoid him whilest Ussop/king hits him with a barrage of attacks from long range out of his attack scope. But there's no way BB sniper would allow that to go unhindered.
Basically I'm saying at luffy's present condition he doesn't possess the skills neccessary to win.

neither do i think Luffy is ready. This isnt the first time i have read the gear 2 explanation either since i have made that reasoning myself. But Maybe you didnt try to understand the question. A town of inanimate objects was sucked it without fighting back. Although BB's ability endows him with incredible power-- he takes damage too. Everybody knows this.

As such my question was to address the effect/damage that a gear 3 punch will have on him. THIS is not about luffy winning or losing. Infact with Luffy's inability to control his normal and gear 3 states at his own free will - I really dont think it is advisable to use it.

Tailsnake
February 02, 2007, 12:43 PM
Luffy is naturally powerful, even if he got caught he would still put up quite a melee fight with his bare hands. If they do fight, I think that the fight will come down to that in the end.

venicia777
February 02, 2007, 01:50 PM
Luffy is naturally powerful, even if he got caught he would still put up quite a melee fight with his bare hands. If they do fight, I think that the fight will come down to that in the end.

i agree-although we dont know how strong luffy is physically without his DF. i think his physical strength will play a major role. when what was his name- said that he thought when users got DF-power they depend soo much on their abilities ... that he was impressed Ace could still fight... (something like that)-- i thought that opened a window for Luffy'S natural physical strength to play a role within a fight with BB.

Anti-panda
February 02, 2007, 03:05 PM

You guy's are forgetting... what effect BB darkness will have on normal people even. He told his crew to run far away to avoid being caught ... the reason ace didn't suffer is because Logia types can regenerate when a part of him was sucked in.
Now any non-Logia type df user or a normal person would probably just have thier arm or leg ripped off or it would suck them in by whatever part was touched.
So I think the only way to hurt BB would be to attack him without even touching him ... Long range projectiles ... zoro's 180lbs canon ect...

OP_overlord
February 02, 2007, 04:27 PM
yeah i think your right but BB sucks you up to him and then hits you while you have no powers so luffy wouldnt get sucked in just punched and then he would hit BB and if BB isnt touching you you still have your powers and thus luffy would just hold onto something and not be sucked in to the vortex

Anti-panda
February 02, 2007, 06:09 PM
... luffy would just hold onto something and not be sucked in to the vortex

I think your underestimating a black hole ... i mean if it's comparable light can't even escape the pull of a black hole once it gets close to it. So it's not like you can just hold on to something and not get sucked in.

OP_overlord
February 02, 2007, 10:35 PM
yeah but its a manga oda can do what he wants luffy could use the move that he used against arlong wher he digs his feet into the ground but it bacfired against him and BB could just extend the hole along the ground...
so...i guess he would be able to hold on to anything i hope luffy has an idea how to beat him then cause im out of them for now

so back on topic

and ace is still out for the count and BB is getting info out of him on WB powers and other division comanders while useing him as bait to get to luffy

Anti-panda
February 03, 2007, 01:07 AM
out of curiousity... Is anybody of the mind that Ace DID die? And I'd like to hear those arguments otherwise this thread is pretty Mute.

Ace Did not die.... he just fell asleep underneath the piles of rubble. During the battle.

venicia777
February 03, 2007, 01:44 AM
So I think the only way to hurt BB would be to attack him without even touching him ... Long range projectiles ... zoro's 180lbs canon ect...

sO what are you saying here? That you think people who fight with fists or punching power from a part of their body have no chance to hurt BB?

That means people like Garp, Sanji are useless before BB-- cant even hurt him?
what is your reason behind this argument?

War
February 03, 2007, 06:34 AM
Ok, this is getting very off-topic now. I guess everyone forgot about the title "Did Ace Survive...". xD

sO what are you saying here? That you think people who fight with fists or punching power from a part of their body have no chance to hurt BB?

That means people like Garp, Sanji are useless before BB-- cant even hurt him?
what is your reason behind this argument?

I thought the only thing BB affected when someone touched him was their DF ability?

Anyway, I believe that this fight would show the power Luffy had even without his DF ability. Actually, he already showed it once, when he whacked that guy with legs as springs at the town BB met Luffy.

venicia777
February 03, 2007, 07:37 AM
That is what i thought too!!!

That is why some of us dont believe luffy standing away from BB and firing attacks from His Gear 2 state is the only way.

Unless i read the whole thing wrong.

War
February 03, 2007, 10:37 AM

You guy's are forgetting... what effect BB darkness will have on normal people even. He told his crew to run far away to avoid being caught ... the reason ace didn't suffer is because Logia types can regenerate when a part of him was sucked in.
Now any non-Logia type df user or a normal person would probably just have thier arm or leg ripped off or it would suck them in by whatever part was touched.

Hmmm.. I think the reason he told his crew to stand away was because BB didn't want them to interfere and didn't want to suck them to his body, not because he didn't want them to have their arm or leg ripped off. Anyway, when Ace touched BB he would become a normal person for the time-being. So why weren't his arms or legs ripped off? I'm not to sure about this. O.o

And pls note that BB wants Luffy for his bounty and to ensure him becoming part of the 7 pirate gods. Thus, he probably wouldn't want to suck him in.

OP_overlord
February 03, 2007, 08:10 PM
yeah but he could have just used ace to become a shichubukai and not need luffy but if eveone used long range attacks then they would demolish BB and ace will be saved and help them out

Anti-panda
February 03, 2007, 08:25 PM
What I am saying is if your punch connects BB might take damage from it and then you get drawn in by his Df so even if the punch hits ... It sucks in your arm and crushes it. Now this may not crush luffy's arm since it is rubber. Except that BB has already stated that he has the power of the Devil ... Just like sea stone Df users have thier powers nullified... really what it comes down to is if luffy has his power nullified when BB touches him and is a normal ( I use this term loosely) human or If he is still made of rubber but has his strength sapped.

Yes I would say based on what we've seen thus far Basic physical attacks are useless against BB. Because even if you punch it a black hole will still crush you.

venicia777
February 03, 2007, 10:17 PM
Useless in what sense? Useless in not being able to eventually defeat him or useless in that they cant hurt him?

OP_overlord
February 03, 2007, 11:40 PM
wiat you cant crush luffy even if BB has the power of the sea which takes the power out luffy is no normal DF use he is always in it form saying that he is always a rubber man while a logai DF user can be "normal" we have seen this once in teh arlong fight lufy was underwater but they still got his head above water so luffy is one of teh few ppl that can beat BB just like he was the only person to beat eneru

War
February 04, 2007, 12:25 AM
Yes I would say based on what we've seen thus far Basic physical attacks are useless against BB. Because even if you punch it a black hole will still crush you.

I don't think so though. If the SHs meet BB, it will be a fight between Luffy and BB.

And are you saying that when a physical attack hits BB a black hole will appear and suck the hand or leg or head or whatever part of the body that was attacking? O.o

OP_overlord
February 04, 2007, 12:27 AM
it doesnt matter luffy cant get arms ripped off he is always a fubber man if BB power is just like the sea/ seastone than he cant get rid of luffy's powers so he can hit him and still be a rubber man

sahugani
February 04, 2007, 04:37 AM
this is a little off topic, so please return...
...but before that, as far as i can see, Blackbeard's power doesn't work for his actual body. he emits the darkness that causes all thingsto collapse into it, so its not quite like a black hole, but more like severe compression and loss of DF abilities is an added bonus

now back on topic

how the previous theory applies to Ace is that i wonder how he'd transport Ace to the WG if that is his plan cause he'd have to be holding him continuously or have some kairoseki handcuffs (which i doubt). i think its likely that he tried to kill Ace cause the logia would be hard to transport otherwise, but i think that since we were not shown the body and many other story/plot reasons i highly doubt that Ace has died

conan
May 09, 2007, 02:51 PM
well I was rereading one piece, and really oda sensei leaves lots of clues in the beginning sometimes, like garp appearing in the chapters 50-100 in the covers when helmepo and coby had their side story, but one of the clues is the following, its about when ace met luffy in alabasta, ace gave luffy a small piece of paper and told him " keep it, you can always find me with that " then nami sewed it on the ribbon around his straw hat to keep it, this might be sudden but I think after gekko moria and thriller bark is out of the game, I think luffy might actually find the whereabouts of ace, and he wont be far since black beard is after luffy any way, and he will help him, that means ace most likely did survive the fight with black beard teach, its just speculation, you never know.

triniman121
May 10, 2007, 06:09 PM
i really think he survived. He has to meet luffy at least one more time of that piece of paper he gave him would be irrelevant

ForteAnly
May 11, 2007, 02:49 PM
I doubt that Ace died no one in One Piece really dies. He probably got beaten and Whitebeard will get the news and the battle between Shanks and Whitebeard will get interupted with that. Or they both knocked each other but I doubt death.

Anti-panda
May 11, 2007, 07:00 PM
If oda killed off ace but not people like pell ... or enel. I think i might just crap a scale replica of the Thousand Sunny because that would make no sense. However if by defeating him .. Black beard kills ace's dream of making whitebeard the Pirate king, That will mark the first time one of our "Hero's" for lack of a better term has thier dream crushed instead of a Villan.

Note: I'm not saying that whitebeard couldn't become pirate king with ace beaten just that it's ace's dream to make whitebeard pirate king and he would no longer be part of that.

conan
May 11, 2007, 07:13 PM
If oda killed off ace but not people like pell ... or enel. I think i might just crap a scale replica of the Thousand Sunny because that would make no sense. However if by defeating him .. Black beard kills ace's dream of making whitebeard the Pirate king, That will mark the first time one of our "Hero's" for lack of a better term has thier dream crushed instead of a Villan.

Note: I'm not saying that whitebeard couldn't become pirate king with ace beaten just that it's ace's dream to make whitebeard pirate king and he would no longer be part of that.

I think thats highly improbable, there are two untouchables in one peices hero charracters, one is their lives two is their spirit for adventure, so I guess ace is still alive, eventhough hurt, but the important thing about ace's fight is the political side to it, oda made a note at the end of the chapter where ace and black beard went head on that that event was the beggining of more events to come, so like a chain reaction, my guess is, white beard saw that one of his commanders couldnt handle teach so he takes it on himself to teach teach a lesson, becuase whitebeards is really stubborn about this issue he will do whatever is needed and this time it seems that him taking teach on is whats needed, eventhough he is very proud this topic is very sensetive for him, and I think this is where he will fall, I think one of the four emperors gone is something with a major impact on the power balance of the world, and in the middle of all this teach wants luffy which will get the strawhats os this whole mess with the worlds most powerful men in the sea, where the showdown will be the new world.

just my thoughts and predictions, they dont have to be true.

Yondy
May 21, 2007, 03:03 PM
Ace can't die. Ace wants to make Whitebeard the Pirate King... At some point Luffy and Ace have to fight!

That'd be so fun!

And if they don't fight, i think he needs to see Luffy before...

But that chapter was presented as a flashback, the "trigger" of something that will happen later in the series. Which means that in the middle he might have met Luffy. Who knows.

Koen
May 25, 2007, 01:38 PM
nah I don't think ace died. But I think he'll be captured by BB and his gang thus using him against the yonkai (if the name is correct) and to enter the sichubukai (or whatver sounds like the real name). no?

conan
May 25, 2007, 07:26 PM
nah I don't think ace died. But I think he'll be captured by BB and his gang thus using him against the yonkai (if the name is correct) and to enter the sichubukai (or whatver sounds like the real name). no?

that actually sounds right, you see oinstead of going after luffy who is really famous now, ace is almost as good for the world government, after BB beat Ace he'll become quite famous and thenhe might be able to get into the shichibukai, which will give him more power men and funds, he might actually go against the whitebears, which would please the world government very much.

Koen
May 25, 2007, 07:56 PM
that actually sounds right, you see oinstead of going after luffy who is really famous now, ace is almost as good for the world government, after BB beat Ace he'll become quite famous and thenhe might be able to get into the shichibukai, which will give him more power men and funds, he might actually go against the whitebears, which would please the world government very much.

I am glad someone thinks the same as me. But Ace was after BB (what WB, he has some account to make with BB). But Ace is a weapon that the world governement and the shichibukai can use. Instead of going after luffy and the yonkau, BB can get in the shichibukai using ace. why? well luffy and wb won't accept ace being emprisoned by the world governement. I think that's why shanks told wb to get ace back

conan
May 25, 2007, 08:14 PM
I am glad someone thinks the same as me. But Ace was after BB (what WB, he has some account to make with BB). But Ace is a weapon that the world governement and the shichibukai can use. Instead of going after luffy and the yonkau, BB can get in the shichibukai using ace. why? well luffy and wb won't accept ace being emprisoned by the world governement. I think that's why shanks told wb to get ace back

well BB using his win over ace to make him famous and become one of the shichibukai seems right to me, but the other stuff is still speculation, you do make a good argument though, but wether ace is captured or escape, or when and who blackbeard will fight first, whitebeard orluffy, I would think whitebeard but you still cant tell the it still is a bit early, good predictions though.

Impel Down
May 26, 2007, 03:37 PM
I imagine BB kept him to either lure Luffy or by beating Ace he gets to be a Shichibukai.

OP_overlord
May 26, 2007, 11:35 PM
i wanna know what happened allready i dont even wanna guess anymore im going crazy

and i really wanna know about the whole Shanks V WB fight

it would be cool if this whole arc happened in like a second to the out side world (i feel like there was a OP movie with this premace but it would be cool like we'll enter back into the world justas we left it and find all this stuff out as it happens)

but ace is not dead i wont alow it

Mugiwara_no_Jack
May 27, 2007, 04:04 AM
Ace can't die!

I agree with the one who sais that BB uses Ace to become a Shichibukai.

I am hoping someday will come a "Strawhat and WB Alliance and rescue Ace Arc" or something like that ^^

conan
May 27, 2007, 05:30 AM
Ace can't die!

I agree with the one who sais that BB uses Ace to become a Shichibukai.

I am hoping someday will come a "Strawhat and WB Alliance and rescue Ace Arc" or something like that ^^

I really cant see a WB straw hat alliance, I can see too many signs of WB death, but Ace will survive on, and will ofcourse be an ally of his own brother, thats what I think.

Koen
May 27, 2007, 08:50 AM
I really cant see a WB straw hat alliance, I can see too many signs of WB death, but Ace will survive on, and will ofcourse be an ally of his own brother, thats what I think.

And what about a strawhet and shanks alliance? Maybe it will be determined for luffy to enter the yonkai soon or later

sahugani
May 27, 2007, 08:58 AM
lets keep this discussing Ace. discussing the Whitebeard/Redhair/Strawhat alliance is fine if you can actually tie it to Ace being dead/alive. i personally like the theory but as a majority of it is completely off topic, i'll just say it entails Ace returning to face off against Ao Kiji

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 09:08 AM
But Ao Kiji was cool with Luffy and crew, so why would he fight with Ace?

Koen
May 27, 2007, 09:25 AM
But Ao Kiji was cool with Luffy and crew, so why would he fight with Ace?

Well I don't see any reasons when ace is defeated by BB to kill him off. Ace probably didn't die but I don't think he won against BB, he survived but he'll be probably hand over to the world governement. So there's indeed no need to fight him, just jailing him will be fine

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 09:27 AM
Jailing who, Ace? Shouldn't they interogate him about WB?

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 11:34 AM
anyways.. it gets to the same theory over and over again. if ace's alive - luffy+WB(+shanks?) go save him whoever keeps holding him (BB or WG). If ace's dead - luffy+WB(+shanks?) go avenge him. Either case - LOTS OF FUN! :D

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 12:03 PM
Why would Shanks care? And WB is already fighting the WG, isn't he?

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 12:09 PM
well.. if the WG take ace to this place after enies lobby, which supposes to be IMPOSSIBLE to penetrate (since its near the marine HQs) then it would take the efforts of WB+luffy+shanks (coz he cares :p ) to do it. Although WB wont do it willingly - he's got his pride.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 12:16 PM
He also loves his crew mates like his children.

Anti-panda
May 27, 2007, 12:37 PM
I think the real question this topic should be, should be "Did ace escape after his fight with black beard or did he get captured?"
Because lets face it Deaths are far and few in between in OP ... At least as far as named or central figures go. So the real situation is did ace get owned by blackbeard and get captured or did it end in pretty much a stalemate and Ace escape?
I think Ace got Captured ... and if BB hands him over to the World Govt then it may cause Whitebeard to take action against the govt. That would be cool.

Impel Down
May 27, 2007, 03:57 PM
If he lost and didn't die, then yes he got captured. Probably held in BB's black hole.

The Boff
May 28, 2007, 09:29 AM
its actually very simple.

Oda has a "ban of Death" in OP. info here:
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=127716#post127716

so simply put. Yes he survived. but he was probably captured.
and remember this:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/boffenjl/chapter44119.jpg

my guess:
Ace being captured led to Blackbeard becoming a Shichibukai. and that leads to whitebeard going after Blackbeard and THAT will most probably be the great incident.
cause when one of the 4 emperors goes directly after a government "employed" man... we're talking about war.
and that could without a doubt be an opening for Dragon to attack as well.

just speculation but not impossible.

Absolutio
May 28, 2007, 09:36 AM
you made a good point here. it also fits with the theory of mine that ace will be held in the WG prison, near their HQ, so it might be an awesome "save ace" arc with WB+luffy(+shanks maybe).

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 11:23 AM
So BB will become a shichibukai, putting them back into full power, and as he tries to reach Raftel, he battles with Luffy, which is the Great Incident.

Anti-panda
May 28, 2007, 11:55 AM
Whitebeard VS The World Govt.
That would be huge ... the colapse of the three great powers and a war between a yonkou and the world govt.

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 11:59 AM
Well, if WB tangled with the entire WG, he'd probably lose.

kadodo
May 28, 2007, 12:02 PM
I don't think Oda will kill anybody in his manga. As a matter of fact we only know that the hat was down but we don't kow if he really lost the fight

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 12:50 PM
Oda killed Brook, didn't he? And Brook is a major character.

kadodo
May 28, 2007, 12:54 PM
Oda killed Brook, didn't he? And Brook is a major character.

Here is what I think, if the person is a major character, he/she will not be killed. Broke was dead true but still get to see him because he had the life fruit or something like that

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 01:04 PM
Lots of people in the flashbacks got killed.

kadodo
May 28, 2007, 01:05 PM
Lots of people in the flashbacks got killed.

True, true but tell me a charater that you liked very much and Oda decided to kill it

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 01:08 PM
Kaku. It's pretty safe to assume that he's dead.

Absolutio
May 28, 2007, 01:10 PM
even crocodile, which luffy despises didnt die, although thousands of ppl died and suffered because of him. that was the first time that i really was disappointed from one piece ban of death.

kadodo
May 28, 2007, 01:13 PM
Kaku. It's pretty safe to assume that he's dead.

I don't remember who kaku is, was it during the crocodile arc?

The Boff
May 28, 2007, 01:24 PM
PEOPLE!!!

stay on topic or ill start deleting your posts and start sending warnings...
if you wanna discuss the ban of death then there is a thread for that:
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=127716#post127716

so here you talk about Ace's life and repercussions to that, ok?
ok.

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 01:39 PM
Okay, okay. It's pretty obvious that Ace didn't die because of they way they had the end of the battle. It was like Luffy vs. Croc the first time, and Luffy didn't die.

(Also, Kaku was a CP9 member)

Absolutio
May 28, 2007, 01:58 PM
i just thought of it.. if ace is alive and imprisoned in impel down. what would garp do? :o

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 02:04 PM
Nothing. He's a pirate, so he should be imprisioned is Garp's thinking.

Absolutio
May 28, 2007, 02:10 PM
he didnt think like that when he met luffy. he's ao kiji like, not thinking that all pirates are bad, or w/e, open minded.. but maybe he wont try to save ace nevertheless, as he seemed to attack luffy quite seriously when he was forced to.

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 02:11 PM
And he was very disappointed that Luffy became a pirate

Freakzin
October 16, 2007, 10:13 PM
is ace dead or not???
could the answer be on the piece of paper he gave to luffy???
o.O theories COMMON! i know he didn't know that BB had the dark dark no mi, and maybe he planned the future thinkin it would be easy against BB, and kuma said BB is new shichibukai, which couuld mean ace lost, or it could mean that ace fled the battle, and that showed BB's power
common let's make up silly theories so ace can be fine

Absolutio
October 17, 2007, 08:11 AM
well.. the theory of ace being captured by BB and presented to the WG is still reasonable and possible - which could also make the start of the big incident to follow => WhiteBeard's+Shank's+Luffy's crews against the WG. :O and then they save Ace. =D

Sorata
October 17, 2007, 09:38 AM
That´s a good theory, but i doubt that Luffy will participate in it(i doubt Shanks too, WB would never claim for help), but a war were WB attack the WG is possible, WB is the strongest man in the world and they have a guy in the crew stronger than Ace(Marco), so it would be a good fight.

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 10:11 AM
It's not like the WG doesn't have some strong guys too, and I doubt Luffy would join the Yonkou and fight the WG directly. Hell, he doesn't even totally know about it, but he'll probably just find out when he meets BB again.

And why would Shanks attack the WG with them? He has no alliance to WB.

Sorata
October 17, 2007, 10:54 AM
Well Shanks´s reason is because he is friend of Ace, but even with that i doubt he will interfere with the conflict.

The WG has tons of strong guys, but the WB crew have WB himself and Marco.

hollowfied
October 17, 2007, 10:55 AM
The WG has tons of strong guys, but the WB crew have WB himself and Marco.

I'm pretty sure the most of the WB crew divisional commanders are very powerful as well.

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 12:21 PM
Jose is probably a very strong fighter as well, as well as all of his crew members. I mean, if the Franky Family could make a difference on EL, I think WB's crew could as well, or even Shanks's crew, especially, if 96M is considered a low bounty.

Franckie
October 17, 2007, 01:34 PM
Ace is probably dead. Blackbeard has already killed one captain under Whitebeard's command, and no one has ever said that Blackbeard need to turn in a live body. He was initially planning on killing Luffy and giving him to the World Government, but it looks like he focused on Ace when he showed up.

Lastly, people die in flashbacks all the time, and the fight with Ace was shown via a three-day flashback. He's dead, and it's going to give Luffy a personal vendetta against the person who may very well be the final villain in this series.

Sorata
October 17, 2007, 01:52 PM
I agree with everything you said, especially BB being the final boss of the serie, but i really don´t see Oda killing Ace.....is just a feeling that that won´t happen.

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 02:48 PM
True, he probably wouldn't want to kill off Ace, but he might want to show BB's level of evil by having him kill of the 10th most popular character.

Myself, I hope that Ace is just captured.

Freakzin
October 17, 2007, 02:59 PM
i know that's kinda impossible, but maybe he could amputate his arms and legs? that'd be evil, if he does that while holdin him, i don't think, when he goes logia again, he could make it come back could he?

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 03:00 PM
Not if he's got Sea Stone on him, then he's stuck. Which is probably what they'd do to captured DF using pirates and criminals.

Freakzin
October 17, 2007, 03:05 PM
i mean if while seastones he loses members of his body.. when he is freed could he regrow the members he lost or is that too invincible to true?

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 03:10 PM
Probably too invincible. If you could heal wounds you got when you weren't using your DF, or didn't have it, then Crocodile could have gotten his arm back or healed his scar.

DutchPhoenix
October 18, 2007, 05:54 AM
i think robin could do that actually

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 08:34 AM
Could do what? Grow back a cut off arm? I guess so.

Franckie
October 18, 2007, 11:15 AM
I agree with everything you said, especially BB being the final boss of the serie, but i really don´t see Oda killing Ace.....is just a feeling that that won´t happen.

With something like Pell surviving an explosion which should have wiped out thousands, I'm not surprised; but, this is Oda we're talking about, and he has no problems killing off a character in a flashback since he's done it all the time. Mangakas will kill off popular characters if it suits the plot, i.e. Kishimoto having Deidara self-donate.

If Oda did not kill Ace, however, I could imagine an arc focusing on Impel Down could very well occur. Still, I find it more probable that Ace is dead considering what BB has already done in the past, and it would fit into style the smile we see a D have everytime death knocks on the door.

Impel Down
October 18, 2007, 04:38 PM
If Oda did not kill Ace, however, I could imagine an arc focusing on Impel Down could very well occur.

Then I sure hope Ace is not killed off.

DutchPhoenix
October 18, 2007, 04:41 PM
blackbeard cutted off ace's head and sended it in a little box to whitebeard

hollowfied
October 18, 2007, 10:18 PM
lol prisonbreak?

Thats a bit gruesome isnt it? you know some children still read One piece ;)

Impel Down
October 19, 2007, 07:42 AM
Oda's not going to chop off Ace's head and have it sent around the world like some sick mafia message. That's just messed up...yet I found it a tad funny.

But he probably won't do that.

666monkeyangel
October 20, 2007, 04:45 PM
i hope ace is not dead but i think he is dead at first page of this thread you said ace geve luffy a page but i remember it was an empty page means ace knew he was going to killed by BB or sth like that :P

Impel Down
October 20, 2007, 06:03 PM
Well, I highly doubt Ace knew that he was going to die. He appeared to have amazing confidence that he'd beat BB, and it's not like he knew BB ate a DF.

And he never said that the paper was intended for Luffy to have in case he dies. In fact, he said nothing about the paper. It could just be a D. thing.

Freakzin
October 20, 2007, 10:17 PM
He said this paper is gonna help u meet me at Pirate Summit, something like that

hollowfied
October 20, 2007, 11:00 PM
what pirate summit?

Impel Down
October 21, 2007, 10:13 AM
I don't believe he ever mentioned a Pirate Summit or anything, I think he said to meet him with it when they were both great pirates.

Sorata
October 21, 2007, 10:15 AM
Ace mention the Pirate Summit, twice that i remember, but he really didn´t explain what is the Pirate Summit, maybe he was refering to the New World.

Impel Down
October 21, 2007, 10:21 AM
He probably did just mean the New World, since I doubt he'd talk about a meeting of all the pirates, since they're all basically fighting each other, and the WG won't let them meet anyway.

hollowfied
October 21, 2007, 11:20 AM
It'd be pretty cool if there was a pirate summit, maybe it occurs once every twenty years or something?

Like in PotC 3 =P

Absolutio
October 21, 2007, 12:01 PM
there's the pirate's town/island, called Pirates' Paradise or something like that, if I'm not mistaken.

Imperium
October 21, 2007, 12:45 PM
well i think ace was just badly wounded (obviously the strawhats will be told that he died, and then after they beat up BB, he will come and go Voila im not dead)

It'd be pretty cool if there was a pirate summit, maybe it occurs once every twenty years or something?

i always thought that it was a island in the new world.... as for the paper that he gave luffy i though it was to show that he was connected with ace, so when their in the new world they wont be attacked by whitebeards crew

Impel Down
October 21, 2007, 01:09 PM
Well, there must be Pirate-centric islands, like Jaya or something around. There's a very good chance that "the summit" is just a large one.

Imitorar
October 21, 2007, 01:32 PM
I believe that the "Pirate's Summit" debate is an old one. I think that what happened was that Ace meant it as "the highest point a pirate can reach, when we've both become great", but the translators translated in in such a way that people thought it was an actual place. But it probably isn't. Places like Jaya are rare. Jaya was based off of Port Royal, and that was the only pirates only harbor, really. And in the New World, the pirates are all at war with each other, and even so, the World Government doesn't want pirates powerful enough to reach the New World to meet and ally with each other, as Impel Down pointed out. Though it would be cool for the Straw Hats to meet other pirates, if they do, it will probably be just one crew, not a bunch like at an official meeting of pirates.

Imperium
October 21, 2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks for clearing it up Imitorar, just goes to show what happens when people misunderstand translations :)

Impel Down
October 21, 2007, 08:36 PM
Right, so it's when they both become "great pirates"...although that isn't really an achievable time now, since Ace has been taken down. And Ace even said that he wanted to make WB king, so how could he be at the Summit of a pirate's power?

kadodo
October 26, 2007, 07:07 PM
Well, to tell u guys the truth, Oda never really killed anyone that the fans like. So I cannot say for sure if Ace is dead. It would add much more to the plot if he was dead though. That would make Luffy transform even more. However, I don't think that Ace can be dead cuz we still have to find out about the white paper he gave Luffy in Alabasta.

Absolutio
October 27, 2007, 08:19 PM
As I said before, I too don't think Ace is dead. Him, being alive, is just a wonderful plot source for many kinds of arcs, and as Kadodo said, there's also this piece of paper we know nothing of yet.

matrice
November 04, 2007, 07:56 AM
I hope that he survived, we have still to learn a lot about him. But I don't want Black Beard to be dead, either.

Absolutio
November 04, 2007, 08:48 AM
black beard is confirmed to be alive, and even was granted the title of the new shichibukai.

Imitorar
November 04, 2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah, Blackbeard isn't dead. He became a Shichibukai like he wanted to. Bartholomew Kuma came and told Moria that in chapter 474.

DutchPhoenix
November 05, 2007, 03:47 PM
it was said bb was able to get away from wb's revenge, so maybe it was a draw?

Franckie
November 09, 2007, 07:06 PM
it was said bb was able to get away from wb's revenge, so maybe it was a draw?

BB has already killed one of WB's captains, and BB defeated Ace not too long ago, hence the Shichibukai position. The fight between Ace and BB wouldn't have been a draw, and suffice to say, the odds of Ace being dead are quite good.

Absolutio
November 09, 2007, 09:20 PM
Dunno.. I still believe that Ace is alive and my theory of the "Save Ace Saga".

Imitorar
November 10, 2007, 07:00 PM
The only argument I can see for Ace being alive is that Oda doesn't like to kill people off. On the other hand, that's a pretty strong argument, which is why I say that the chances of Ace being dead and the chances of him being held prisoner by the World Government (and probably being tortured for information on Whitebeard's movements, or something like that) are about equal. I personally think that he's alive and a prisoner of the World Government, but that's mostly because I like Ace, and because it would put him in a position of defeat without actually making him dead, which is seems to fit with Oda's style more. We won't know until Kuma tells Luffy at the end of the Thriller Bark arc, which I am sure will happen. That should be 5-6 chapters from now, I think.

Absolutio
November 10, 2007, 07:27 PM
Yea.. Oda doesnt like to kill people.. Even Crocodile is held prisoner instead of simply being dead!

Freakzin
November 10, 2007, 11:58 PM
yes but we're talkin about flashbacks here, he's killed tons of ppl in flashbacks, Gol D. Roger, Nami's Mom, damn i can't remember any other
i don't want him dead, i'm just sayin we can't rule the possibility out

Imitorar
November 11, 2007, 12:09 AM
I didn't rule it out. And those flashbacks killed off characters who existed only to die in the flashback anyway, basically. Characters who never appeared in the present time-line. Ace DID appear in the present time-line, so just because it was a flashback doesn't mean that it implies that he's dead.

KyleUchiha
November 11, 2007, 07:20 PM
I don't think Ace is dead. He is a rather interesting and likabe character and I believe he has more to offer to the story than just dying at the hands of BB.

Although, if Ace did die, that would provide a lot of motivation for Luffy to want to go after BB. But if Ace did just get captured and taken to Impel Down, that sounds like Enies Lobby all over again, where they will rescue someone from the government. And I don't think Oda would repeat the same type of plot device for a major arc again so soon.

But it would seem like a waste if BB or the Government did kill him, like Imitorar said, he would be very valuable on having info about WB.

Imitorar
November 11, 2007, 07:37 PM
You know, Ace could be a prisoner of the World Government without a repeat of the Enies Lobby arc happening. Luffy could just decide that it'd be better not to interfere with business between Whitebeard and the World Government, or that he can't afford to go backwards to wherever Ace is. My point is, even if Ace is alive, there might probably won't be a "Rescue Ace" arc.

KyleUchiha
November 11, 2007, 07:46 PM
Yeah that is possible, but it just doesn't seem like Luffy to sit back and not interfere. We saw how far he was willing to go for Robin. I wonder how far he would go for Ace?

Absolutio
November 11, 2007, 07:59 PM
And there's still the mystery to be solved about Ace's last name - Portagas. :s

Imitorar
November 11, 2007, 10:04 PM
Actually, has Ace's Wanted poster ever been seen? Because I wanna know what the official romaji is for his name. His first name is definitely Ace, since the tatoo on his shoulder says so, but how is "Portugasu" Romanized? I always figured it was "Portugas" because it sounded more pirate-like, more like it came from the name of a real pirate, probably one from Portugal, which seems to be the case (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece#Real-life_pirates). And Portgas just sounds bad, while Portugas sounds cool. But Kaizoku, the scanlators, and 4Kids all translated it as Portgaz. I wonder alot how Viz will do it in a few months, but I also wonder if Oda himself ever gave official romaji for Ace's name in a Wanted poster, which is the usual source for official Romanizations in One Piece. So does anyone know if Ace's Wanted poster has ever been shown?

hollowfied
November 12, 2007, 05:44 AM
Its Portgas.

And no his wanted poster has never been shown.

KyleUchiha
November 12, 2007, 08:22 AM
All the websites that I go to, that have one piece, seem to always refer to him as Portgas D. Ace

And if you type Portugas D. Ace in Google, it will ask "did you mean Portgas D. Ace". So I suppose it is Portgas D. Ace. (But I agree, Portugas sounds much better).

And I'm pretty sure it never said his bounty. Though, there was that one spoiler where it implied that Ace at least had a 400 million bounty, but that turned out to be a fake I believe.

And it will be a shame if he did die against BB without us ever knowing his bounty. Though I suppose Kuma could still mention his bounty, regardless of whether he lived or died.

Timeless
November 12, 2007, 08:43 AM
Well, there's another argument for Ace being alive (other than the obvious one) I don't know if anyone else has put this out there, but remember Alabasta? Ace gave Luffy a piece of paper and told him it would let them meet again, or something to that effect. This still hasn't played out its role.

KyleUchiha
November 12, 2007, 11:52 AM
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee212/BlueChidory/P.jpg

Yeah, I had forgotten about the piece of paper. Ace does say that will allow us "to meet again" and I don't think Oda would have let Ace say that if they weren't going to meet again.

bradz22
November 16, 2007, 06:24 PM
No, I don't want Ace to be dead. Franky can be dead for all i care, just not Ace. Hope Shanks can eat a devil fruit later to strengthen him because he lost his left arm.
[hr]
I wonder what's in that piece of paper that will make them meet each other again. Maybe there's some crossover from Naruto and Ace knows Hiraishin No Jutsu/Flying Thunder God Technique. Lol!!!

vapourrain
November 17, 2007, 03:55 AM
my first post
well I hope Ace still alive..
n I remember there are no present character in OP dead
the dead chara is on the past

hollowfied
November 17, 2007, 05:54 AM
It was a flashback..3 days in the past.

Imitorar
November 17, 2007, 11:09 PM
And even if it weren't people have died in the present before. It's just that as somebody said on a different forum, in order to die in One Piece you must either be:

1. A character from another character's flashback backstory, usually an important parental figure.

2. Some nameless, faceless character nobody really cares about.

3. Bellamy.

But Ace could well be dead, since his death would actually mean something, and it's not like characters only die in flashbacks. That isn't a good enough reason for Ace to be alive.

arcrouma
November 20, 2007, 12:27 AM
I have never seen any death of significant character in one piece story ( except the past character ones )
also, I cannot conclude bellamy is dead yet although it is almost 100%
So, ace also most likely won't die

I wonder why characters in one piece are so hard to die :s :s

Absolutio
November 20, 2007, 06:04 AM
More like i wonder why pirates don't kill.. =S

Imitorar
November 20, 2007, 09:36 AM
Scroll down a bit, and you'll see your answer. (http://arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/4) I assume that the other Straw Hats don't kill people either because since they're in Luffy's crew, they adopt his values, at least in part. Though I think they've killed a few times, at least some of them. Zoro killed those bounty hunters on Whiskey Peak, for one. But other then that, I don't think any of the Straw Hats has killed anyone since joining. And like I said, what I linked to and the fact that they want to adopt some of Luffy's morals is probably the reason why.

MrStrawHat
November 26, 2007, 10:01 PM
I would have to say Fatally injuryed, but NOT dead. Something tells me he is dead, but I decided to kill that thing and Brain-wash myself. Either that or Luffy will be SUPER PISSED at BB and Go CRAZY-A## on him!

Impel Down
November 27, 2007, 09:48 AM
If Ace came back, that would be nice, but given the latest events, I think that Kuma came to TB, not only for Moria, but maybe to tell Luffy the fate of Ace at this point, that he's captured or maybe that he in fact died, which would make for a painfully serious spread.

Wale
November 27, 2007, 10:56 AM
I do not believe in the fact that Ace died. Blackbeard wanted to catch Luffy, not to kill him. According to me Ace is now in Impel Down and the Straw Hat Pirates or Whitebeard will set him free.

bolsjhevik
May 04, 2008, 06:56 PM
I do not believe in the fact that Ace died. Blackbeard wanted to catch Luffy, not to kill him. According to me Ace is now in Impel Down and the Straw Hat Pirates or Whitebeard will set him free.

i think so too....
the WB know that ace was in prison so they'll go there n save him....

and then i think that SH will be captured by the WG and then they manage to escape with ace just like "Prison Break" serial.....that will be nice...:D

LoS
May 05, 2008, 04:42 AM
Exactly, Ace is in a malnourished state being imprisoned in a maximum security prison. He is weakened due to being confined and locked behind the walls which prohibit devils fruit powers.

His life card/paper is shrinking because his life is rotting away in a cell. He is getting weaker being confined there, but he is not dead. Once he is freed expect to see his card increase in size until it is at its original state.