PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 280 Discussion/ 281 Predictions

ghostexiled
April 14, 2012, 12:03 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

•Sasuke•
April 20, 2012, 04:12 AM
http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=47951505 -> lastpost

fairy tail 280 10 pics

http://thumbnails67.imagebam.com/18590/c1ee56185890153.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/c1ee56185890153) http://thumbnails72.imagebam.com/18590/e929a1185890167.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e929a1185890167)

ScottH87
April 20, 2012, 05:27 AM
I knew that Sabertooth chick was a stellar spirit mage!! She reminded me too much of Angel from the Oracion Seis.

Still it looks like Mermaid Heel win this fight. Which is both good and bad. It narrows the gap between Sabertooth and the guilds below, but Raven Tail extends their lead overall.

Really looking forward to this chapter coming out now.

Newkerzy
April 20, 2012, 05:49 AM
Wheee!!! Kagura wins!! I had high hopes on her when I saw her stats a few hours ago from the new volume 32. :hurr

http://img133.imagevenue.com/loc390/th_899775220_f32_182_122_390lo.jpg (http://img133.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=899775220_f32_182_122_390lo.jpg)

Although, I didn't really expect for her to actually curb-stomp Yukino. So this was a pleasant surprise.

Also... damn, Opiuchius looks badass!!! he seems to be the strongest spirit of the golden keys. Things are getting even more interesting now since there's just one left: Libra. Looks like everyone's predictions was right. The gift Jude (Lucy's dad) gave to Lucy is likely the last of the Golden keys, Libra. With this, all 13 keys are gathered.

I wonder if this means that if both (Yukino & Lucy) are used at the same time, they wouldn't die because whatever price needed to open the gate would be split evenly between them. In this case, a life/magic. And also, I'm sort of crossing my fingers that if they do unison raid, they'll be able to summon all 13 spirits at once and summon the Spirit King (if the requirement to summon the king is like that). That'd be epic!!!

And Gerard.... seriously, you're going to get your balls busted by Erza if you're hiding something about all this. And no kisses for you!!!:nono

~fixed your image link so that it can be viewed larger. Ghost

wooticus
April 20, 2012, 06:37 AM
Opiuchius seems really strong. But i still believe that Leo is the strongest spirit. Being a stellar spirit mage is also about your own power and we have to see Leo with Lucy 2.0 yet. Lucy's other spirits also seemed stronger since her magic power upgrade.

Can't wait for the Scanlation

greenpiece
April 20, 2012, 07:10 AM
Wheee!!! Kagura wins!! I had high hopes on her when I saw her stats a few hours ago from the new volume 32. :hurr

http://img133.imagevenue.com/loc390/th_899775220_f32_182_122_390lo.jpg (http://img133.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=899775220_f32_182_122_390lo.jpg)

Cool! You have their stats! I wonder though what each of those stats say... I wish I could understand Japanese. :(

Anyway, can't wait for the translated version of Chap280 and maybe a translated version of those stats too!

ghostexiled
April 20, 2012, 07:22 AM
everyones stats can be found here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/23840-Volume-Covers-Color-Pages-Misc.?p=2862125&viewfull=1#post2862125

ScottH87
April 20, 2012, 07:31 AM
Am i being dense here? Who or what is Opiuchius? The stellar spirit in the pics looked like Pisces to me.

Newkerzy
April 20, 2012, 07:34 AM
LOL, Opiuchius is the 13th Zodiac sign that some astronomers made after a recent discovery look it up on wiki. It's been around for a few years.

ScottH87
April 20, 2012, 08:45 AM
Ah ok, I saw Pisces and thought that they turned in that dragon thing (Ophiuchus) as some sort of dual attack. I was wrong.

Kauia
April 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
Chapter 280's out!

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c280/

THM Nindo
April 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
Awesome chapter!!
And we finally got to see all of the zodiacs!! :tem

This arc will definitely answer some questions regarding the disappearing of the dragons.
The caption said that there was 5 day left before the "day of destiny" while showing the date of July 2nd.

Meaning that the day of destiny is "July 7th"
Exactly 14 years after the disappearing of the dragons!

Also, now that we know that there's another celestial mage, it means that they might succeed, even if they need to kill the mage.
Or that, like someone else suggested, the fact of using 2 mages will lower their chance of dying.

Can't wait to see how all of this will unfold.
And it seems that we might be able to see the whole tournament before everything goes to hell, since the "day of destiny" is also the last day of the tournament. :tem

Nike Takeuchi
April 20, 2012, 09:27 AM
voted for this chapterby mistake!!
really like this mermaid Kagura, she won't be any less powerful than the Titannia Erza :)
and the power stats of the competioioners are interesting and funny too~
can't wait to read the chapter...

Gats
April 20, 2012, 09:35 AM
Good news. FT will have the time to kick ass completely in the tournament. I guess that the 13rd gate will play a big role in the future since we didn't see its ability yet. For some secret minion it seems quite weak but I guess the amazon was too strong (but still), or the minion need some time/preparation to be powerful.

Kauia
April 20, 2012, 09:39 AM
If Kagura and Erza fight, who do you think would win? I can't choose, paritally 'coz Erza has yet to make her debut in the tournament. I really love the fight, so epic. Just from that chapter, I'm beginning to wonder if there is a chance that there might be more important keys that the 13 keys.Chances are: Maybe it won't be Lucy who'll be kidnapped but it would be Yukina instead. or the both. Still there is the fact that Yukina wasn't shown in CHarle's vision. It was still Lucy there who was crying. That could just be coincidence since Charle's vision doesn't necessarily tell what exactly happens but just a snippet of a whole picture which isn't usually important. Wonder what exactly is this eclipse plan.

Krono
April 20, 2012, 09:48 AM
If Kagura and Erza fight, who do you think would win? I can't choose, paritally 'coz Erza has yet to make her debut in the tournament. I really love the fight, so epic. Just from that chapter, I'm beginning to wonder if there is a chance that there might be more important keys that the 13 keys.Chances are: Maybe it won't be Lucy who'll be kidnapped but it would be Yukina instead. or the both. Still there is the fact that Yukina wasn't shown in CHarle's vision. It was still Lucy there who was crying. That could just be coincidence since Charle's vision doesn't necessarily tell what exactly happens but just a snippet of a whole picture which isn't usually important. Wonder what exactly is this eclipse plan.

Or it could be that Lucy's crying because Yukino died. Charle's visions are usually direly short on context, which is probably part of the reason that she hasn't shared her vision of Lucy and such with everyone else.

Personally I found this chapter kind of meh. It's a lame deflation of Sabertooth's hype, and really lame to have both remaining zodiac keys, and the long lost legendary 13th key job to some unhyped random chick we'd never heard of before the time skip. Unlike a lot of other people who seem to find Kagura cool, I just find her arrogant and annoying.

R3D
April 20, 2012, 10:10 AM
Awesome chapter ! more mangas and animes need girls like erza and kagura imo but kinda dissapointed how they introduced the 13th zodiac. i thought it was gonna be some epic powerful spirit but it lost almost as soon it got summoned and does that mean yukino belongs to mermaid heel or does she still belong to sabertooth ? either way it was dumb of her to make such a bet .

mashimashilove
April 20, 2012, 10:14 AM
oh myy, what an intense chapter. i was worried because i wanted kagura to at least have a fair chance, and since sabertooth's been so hyped up and all...but wow. i was not expecting that - a great surprise~ libra looks cool, too...picses were interesting but creepy. aah, now i'm even more excited for the next chapter.

wooticus
April 20, 2012, 10:22 AM
lol so this datasheets on the competitors basically say that... quatro cerberus is made out of total idiots

McNuss
April 20, 2012, 10:35 AM
Okay now let's make some guesses:

1. The entire purpose of the Grand Magic Tournament is to find a Celestial Spirit Mage. Since they never found one, the dark Magic could be feeled on the 7. day, but nothing happened.
2. Originally, Angel of Oracion Seis (member of the Balam Alliance) was supposed to carry out the plan, however, after she was defeated and arrested 7 years ago,
Arcadios was in trouble, so he manipulated the King to held the tournament.
3. Arcadios might be related to Tartaros, since both names are greek + the entire Zodiac Signs are from greek mythology

Impossibility
April 20, 2012, 10:45 AM
Exciting chapter. A lot of build-up to the final day of the tournament has occurred over the past few chapters. The appearance of the final two Zodiacs wasn't particularly surprising. Interested in seeing what the 13th spirit is capable of if it actually gets a chance to do something. Yukina pales in comparison to Lucy, that much became clear in this battle. The reason why Yukina occupied a position on Sabertooth's team when she seems so weak in comparison to her teammates is obviously so that Lucy could gain access to the final two Zodiacs, although I would've preferred if Yukina seemed as though she was actually deserving of the keys. Kagura was obviously the ace of Mermaid Heel so her power level is completely reasonable, although I'm still unclear on her magic. She clearly utilises a blade, but is she akin to Ikaruga or is their something more going on? I think, or rather hope, we will get the chance to see Kagura in action again. And why was Arcadios unaware that Yukina was a stellar spirit mage? It may have been her first time participating in the competition, but she's from Fiore's most famous guild. One would think that he would at least gather a bit of info on the mages competing in the tournament, if he is going to such lengths for his plan. Another villain needs to appear soon because I'm finding him to be rather lacking in the role.

greenpiece
April 20, 2012, 11:01 AM
Just like most of you, I felt disappointed at how the gold keys and the 13th Zodiac lost right away. Though I'd like to somehow admire Yukino for being able to summon 3 spirits all at the same time. I would also love it if Mashima were to add a plot twist that will maybe relate her to Angel coz they really look similar (Yukino actually just looks more angelic than Angel).

Also, if Mashima's planning to give Lucy the other Golden Keys sometime in the future, it'd really be hard to imagine her having Pisces and that 13th key. It just doesn't suit her. I doubt those would change their forms the way Virgo did.

Hmm... That kind of evil look Kagura had after saying that she already possess Yukino kinda scares me. Either she collects girls for her guild or she works for the evil hosts of this tournament. But I doubt the second because since the cat like girl in the hood (Yeah, Erza's friend who loves cats. I think that she's the one wearing the cloak in MH) wouldn't join a guild that works for the bad guys unless she doesn't know. And I want Erza to fight her or Kagura! (More on Kagura. That'd be more bad ass!)

I'm still curious about what's behind that dark gate. The only thing I can think of are the dragons. But I don't understand why they'd like to go to open a gate to the dragons' realm. I mean they'd only get killed. Maybe that's wear Zeref's powers were sealed... I dunno. Maybe it's even related to Tartaros? Hmm... we'll just see.

Hmm... Anyway, do you guys think FT has "the evil mind that's really behind everything that's happening"? I mean, I know that Zeref's like the dark mage and all but he doesn't seem to have evil intentions. I have a feeling that in this arc, either FT's finally gonna get it's long term villain introduced (aside from Zeref who I still don't really consider as a villain as of now) or that dark gate will become Mashima's tool to connect everything and end FT. :O But I hope not. :( Fairy Tail is still too young and that 7 year timeskip would be such a waste if he'd end it with this or just 1 more arc since there's still lots of things to explore and it's been a "quiet 7 years" so a lot of things could've happened.

Edit: Another thing I've noticed is that Mavis seems to know something about the 12 Keys. This makes me think she has something to do with the Stellar Spirits. (Maybe Mavis was a Stellar Spirit mage back when she was alive? :O) The makes me think even more that she's related to the spirits, the dragons, Layla, and Zeref. Hmm...

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Okay now let's make some guesses:

1. The entire purpose of the Grand Magic Tournament is to find a Celestial Spirit Mage. Since they never found one, the dark Magic could be feeled on the 7. day, but nothing happened.
2. Originally, Angel of Oracion Seis (member of the Balam Alliance) was supposed to carry out the plan, however, after she was defeated and arrested 7 years ago,
Arcadios was in trouble, so he manipulated the King to held the tournament.
3. Arcadios might be related to Tartaros, since both names are greek + the entire Zodiac Signs are from greek mythology

I like the way you think! :D But let's just hope that's how Mashima imagined the events so that he won't mess up or contradict stuff again. I'm getting bothered by some of the choices he makes since he seems to forget some elements/important events that occurred in his manga. Oh, and also, a lot of stuff from FT is actually taken from Greek Mythology and other mythologies. But yup, maybe Arcadios is like an "Ultear" and actually works for Tartaros.

Ifrit
April 20, 2012, 11:17 AM
As much as I loved Sabertooth faces after their member got :pwned. I think Mashima made a mistake. It was explained that a spirit mage has a weak defense, but he just trashed the Strongest Zodiac key..LOL

When they said life for a life. I thought its fight till the death :P.

Loved the chapter 8-10. But Sabertooth didn't get the slap on the face yet. Laxus will give it to them hehehe. Now only he remaining. Its his turn now. I can't wait :super

Uriel
April 20, 2012, 11:45 AM
En epic battle, I really, really LOVED this chapter. Great work Hiro! This made a turn of events that will surely change the meaning of the vision. Now things can vary and more unpredictable.
Yes, we all knew that She would be a Stellar Mage, but I liked it anyway. Also, Libra design looks AWESOME. Can't wait to see her in Lucy invo. Pisces and Ohpicus were meh, I always get bored of snakes.

Prediction: Now that Yukina belongs to Kagura I think that we will see both of them. Why? Probably Kagura will defend Yukina if Arcadias tries to kidnap her as well. So it's very likely that we see a fight side by side with Erza to release the stellar mages.

I knew that Sabertooth chick was a stellar spirit mage!! She reminded me too much of Angel from the Oracion Seis.
To everyone here, to be fair.

JunKisaragi
April 20, 2012, 11:46 AM
I'm guessing either Yukino would die (eventually, as that knight's guinea pig) so that Lucy will inherit her keys, OR since in essence, Yukino "lost her life", that terminates the contract between her and her gate keys, leaving Lucy as the primary target. The latter is a long shot though, but I'm thinking it could happen.

This was good. I could see a bit of Erza in Kagura; ruthless when needed, and the situation really called for it. It was foolish for anyone to wager their lives, especially for a Stellar Spirit Mage (sorry, but with only three keys I didn't find her threatening at all, even if it were two of the remaning Zodiac Keys and one secret key).

I still want to know Ophiuchus' powers though. Poison perhaps? Too predictable if that were the case. Hehe.

As always, looking forward to the next chapter. :)

-Ken-
April 20, 2012, 11:54 AM
Just because the Opiuchius is stomped now doesn't mean he'll be stomped if used by others. I think it's explained in one chapter that power of the zodiac keys depends on the user. If the user is stronger, he'll be stronger too. Lucy's most likely stronger than Sabertooth.

However, this is really unexpected. After Opiuchius is shown, I totally was expecting Mermaid Heel to lost. This is an awesome chapter. This makes me want to see Kagura vs Erza, so badly, though.

HaiSuShi
April 20, 2012, 11:58 AM
Damn, Yukino is soooo cute!:zomg
Best female character I've seen in a while, though Kagura's pretty good too.
And when is Kubo going to reveal the cat girl's name or show us it's Miliana?

It is not very surprising Yukino is a stellar spirit mage, but we got to see the remaining stellar spirits of the zodiac and even one more.
But it was interesting which course the current chapter took. Never expected Kagura to be THAT strong...
Wonder what Kagura means with "Your life is mine." Will she kill her or ask her a favour?
Seeing Arcadios reaction, they surely won't let Yukino be killed before they used her for their plans.

And 5 days left until "IT" happens, so the games probably won't be interrupted .

shnugin
April 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
Sting's conversation with Yukino seems like she is new to the guild.
As if he is reminding her what it means to be Sabertooth. Everyone else in the team gets it already.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c280/4.html
(http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c280/4.html)
I think Kagura actually looks like Erza from some angles of the chapter and Yukino reminds me of Meredy.

Great chapter! I love them both :)

-Ken-
April 20, 2012, 12:11 PM
It is said that this is Yukino first time in the tournament. This means that Sabertooth probably had another member hidden, that will most likely replace Yukino on the next day?

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c258/8.html

5 very strange, but very capable mage.

Krono
April 20, 2012, 12:20 PM
Mangastream's version is out.

It was foolish for anyone to wager their lives, especially for a Stellar Spirit Mage (sorry, but with only three keys I didn't find her threatening at all, even if it were two of the remaning Zodiac Keys and one secret key).

I would remind you that Angel only had 3 golden keys, and 1 silver key. She nearly killed Ichiya and Jura with Gemini, had Gemini take out Lucy and Gray in the big group fight, and nearly killed Lucy and Hibiki after luring Natsu into a trap and freezing Happy. Yukino by virtue of being able to summon two spirits at once like Angel, shouldn't be all that far below Angel as best we can tell. Which is part of the reason it's so disappoint to see her be fodderized like this.

hossice
Damn so she didn't even draw her sword? bitches be tough.

BlackHair
Weird chapter in a interesting way.

We have three zodiac keys revealed in one chapter and all three of them, even the 13th which is apparently the strongest were devalued instantly. Not sure why Mashima did that. But I guess it was just to hype Erza2 for yet unknown reasons. I do hope there is more to that.

Now we have another zodiac user and a another Erza. I believe the new zodiac user will replace Lucy in the gate opening/ceremony process. But I don't see a purpose for Erza2 in the ongoing plot. Apart from the obvious thought that she might fight Erza.

Anyway the most interesting part of this chapter was clearly the last panel. In 5 days it will be the 7. July (7) 791, 14 years after 777. It was decent chapter this week.

shnugin
April 20, 2012, 12:26 PM
oh by the way, I've been meaning to post this so I signed up on the site but the 5th Mermaid Heel member they have yet to introduce looks like Erza's old friend Millianna.

http://cyberd.org/img/1/2012/Fairy-Tail-36-5.jpg

Especially on this panel

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c280/16.html
(http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c280/16.html)

Did anybody else notice this? or just me? lol

shnugin
April 20, 2012, 12:40 PM
everyones stats can be found here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/23840-Volume-Covers-Color-Pages-Misc.?p=2862125&viewfull=1#post2862125

Thanks for this. After looking at the 2nd image of the volume. That small sketch on the bottom right looks to me like Lucy and that outfit of the guy standing looks like Zeref.

http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=899755514_0000014_122_23lo.jpg
Anybody else think so too?

Krono
April 20, 2012, 12:45 PM
Did anybody else notice this? or just me? lol

No offense intended, but a lot of people have taken that as all but a given since Mermaid Heel's introduction. To the point where no one really doubted at the end of last chapter, that based on the title it'd be Sabertooth's chick verses Mermaid Heel's leader. That's despite neither of their names having been given before.

Newkerzy
April 20, 2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for this. After looking at the 2nd image of the volume. That small sketch on the bottom right looks to me like Lucy and that outfit of the guy standing looks like Zeref.

http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=899755514_0000014_122_23lo.jpg
Anybody else think so too?

Yeah... but it could be a rough draft Mashima thought of until he scrapped it. But it does seem we'll see a Lucy-Zeref meeting soon.

shnugin
April 20, 2012, 01:02 PM
No offense intended, but a lot of people have taken that as all but a given since Mermaid Heel's introduction. To the point where no one really doubted at the end of last chapter, that based on the title it'd be Sabertooth's chick verses Mermaid Heel's leader. That's despite neither of their names having been given before.

Wait I'm a bit confused with your reply. I wasn't talking about the fight between Sabertooth chick versus Mermaid Heel's leader. I was talking about how the 5th member of Mermaid Heel, the one with the cloak, looks like Millianna.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Yeah... but it could be a rough draft Mashima thought of until he scrapped it. But it does seem we'll see a Lucy-Zeref meeting soon.

Thats True. Could be a draft. But it also be a good theory since everyone thinks that lucy, or a celestial mage, will gate opens the dimension of Dragon's and what not. And since Zeref is somehow connect with Acnologia. Him having a scene with Lucy would be pretty cool.

Krono
April 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
Wait I'm a bit confused with your reply. I wasn't talking about the fight between Sabertooth chick versus Mermaid Heel's leader. I was talking about how the 5th member of Mermaid Heel, the one with the cloak, looks like Millianna.

So was I. My point was that people noticed the resemblance the first time Mermaid Heel was introduced. They're so certain that the hooded girl is Millianna that when last chapter announced a fight between two people of unknown names, everyone assumed that Mermaid Heel's leader would be the one from her team fighting, despite the fact that neither Mermaid Heel's leader, or the hooded girl had actually been named at that point and either one could turn out to be named Yukino or Kagura.

shnugin
April 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
So was I. My point was that people noticed the resemblance the first time Mermaid Heel was introduced. They're so certain that the hooded girl is Millianna that when last chapter announced a fight between two people of unknown names, everyone assumed that Mermaid Heel's leader would be the one from her team fighting, despite the fact that neither Mermaid Heel's leader, or the hooded girl had actually been named at that point and either one could turn out to be named Yukino or Kagura.

oh okay. haha, my bad. I'm new here so... Hallooo :^_^

JunKisaragi
April 20, 2012, 01:29 PM
I would remind you that Angel only had 3 golden keys, and 1 silver key. She nearly killed Ichiya and Jura with Gemini, had Gemini take out Lucy and Gray in the big group fight, and nearly killed Lucy and Hibiki after luring Natsu into a trap and freezing Happy. Yukino by virtue of being able to summon two spirits at once like Angel, shouldn't be all that far below Angel as best we can tell. Which is part of the reason it's so disappoint to see her be fodderized like this.

I guess I should have pointed out quality instead of quantity. >_<

I don't know, I just find her use of the two remaining Zodiac Keys and one 'Hidden' key to be "meh". Maybe it's because her opponent was strong to begin with that the three keys she had appeared to be that weak thus having no impact (to me at least). Plus the fact that I could not imagine how fish could kill an opponent, except if they were Piranha or Sharks (I thought of Libra as an assist-only Spirit, at least that's what she did).

Ophiuchus on the other hand could have sealed the deal. But like I said, Kagura was just so strong that she instantly defeated it, ruining the image of awesomeness. >_<

Morlun
April 20, 2012, 02:04 PM
The best thing about the chapter? Happy's reaction to Pisces. Cracked me up. :)

Ifrit
April 20, 2012, 02:16 PM
I'm guessing either Yukino would die (eventually, as that knight's guinea pig) so that Lucy will inherit her keys, OR since in essence, Yukino "lost her life", that terminates the contract between her and her gate keys, leaving Lucy as the primary target. The latter is a long shot though, but I'm thinking it could happen.

How come what you just said didn't make you wonder why Lucy kept the contract with her spirits in the 7 years absence...another gap in Fairy Tail...xD

shnugin
April 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
Found this on another forum board and thought I'd share it. Its a pretty good deduction.

Last week, I made a prediction that the bad guys wanted a celestial mage to open the dimension where the dragons are trapped. I think this week's chapter gives more evidence to that. However, since lucy is a main character, it is highly unlikely that she will die and now, with the introduction of another stellar spirit mage. I believe if anyone dies it will be yukino. Perhaps the vision where lucy is crying is because she can't save yukino from her death. Also, this week's chapter adds more evidence to my other prediction about Lucy's mother either dying or being trapped in a different dimension where she sent the dragons. As you can see at the end of the chapter, they say the date is July 2nd and they say that the plan should take effect in 5 more days. That means July 7th, that can't be a coincidence. The dragons and Lucy's mother disappeared in July 7th of the year 777, I believe. I think that's pretty solid evidence that the disappearance of the dragons and the "death" of lucy's mom are connected. So I'm assuming the bad guys are planning on sacrificing a stellar spirit mage to open the dimension and bring the dragons back.
Another reason why I think Lucy won't die is the keys. She has most of the 12th zodiac keys and yukino has the rest of them. In fact, she has an even stronger and rarer key, the 13th one. So, somehow Lucy will get all these keys. I'm thinking that maybe Lucy and Yukino build a close relationship and when Yukino dies, she will hand her keys to Lucy. Also, this girl is way stronger than Lucy, she can easily bring out several spirits while Lucy had to train and still struggles to bring out more than one spirit. But that mage Kagura was just insanely strong, even the sabertooth guild was shocked. Man, I love when girls are badass and kick ass. :D
Now, I need more evidence for my theory that dragon sla<x>yers or at least Natsu and Zeref either reincarnate or are immortal. :P

Cheers.
-khriz

Source: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c281/

Atobe the king
April 20, 2012, 02:26 PM
So like.....Kagura is now one of my favorite female characters. I liked the chapter, sure it was predictable but seeing sabertooth get forced to swallow humble pie was nice. Yukinos fate is all but sealed though :<

exacta
April 20, 2012, 02:54 PM
That was a great chapter......I expected Kagura to be strong since she had that aura about her, but it seemed more likely that Yukino would win since shes from Sabertooth, especially since Sting got no points for them. The fodder guilds no longer seem like fodder, though Blue Pegasus still needs to do something epic. Everyones got a decent shot at winning this now, makes it much more interesting.

Yukino being a Stellar Spirit Mage was really predictable, but her loss makes up for that. I'm betting that Sabertooth will probably replace her with a reserve member somewhere down the road, should be awesome. Come to think of it, one of the only guild masters we haven't met yet is Sabertooth's. This also ensures that the Eclipses Plan will probably succeed, in fact I'm quite sure thats the only reason Yukino is here at this point, so that Mashima can use her for that purpose. On the other hand, this also makes it even more obvious that Lucy is going to end up fine. I smell a Sabertooth/Fairy Tail team-up at the end of this arc.

THM Nindo
April 20, 2012, 03:13 PM
Just thought about something...
Layla was a stellar mage that died 14 years ago, the same year that the dragon all disappeared.

In 5 days, the same date, the bad guys planned on opening a gate by sacrificing a stellar mage.
Could it be that 14 years ago, someone sacrificed Layla by forcing her to open the gate?!

I think we might finally know what happened to Layla.
That might also explained why Lucy was crying in the vision!

Krono
April 20, 2012, 03:16 PM
Layla was a stellar mage that died 14 years ago on July 7th.

Common misconeption. Layla died in x777. The actual day she died has never been stated.

THM Nindo
April 20, 2012, 03:27 PM
Common misconeption. Layla died in x777. The actual day she died has never been stated.

Yeah, I know that.
http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/Fairy-Tail/068/016.jpg

But, I'm saying that my theory is that she died on July 7th, because she was sacrificed to open the gate, the same way that the bad guys are planning on sacrificing Lucy to open it again.

And, if we're lucky, this is also linked to the disappearing of the dragons.
So, we could finally get into the main arc of the story! :tem

Krono
April 20, 2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I know that.
http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/Fairy-Tail/068/016.jpg

But, I'm saying that my theory is that she died on July 7th, because she was sacrificed to open the gate, the same way that the bad guys are planning on sacrificing Lucy to open it again.

Then you should probably edit your previous post to reflect that Layla dying on July 7th is part of your theory. Right now you're stating it as a fact as part of the supporting evidence for your theory.

Gats
April 20, 2012, 03:47 PM
Chapter also out on mangastream for alternative translation.

And there are some big differences, like opposite meaning. I strongly suggest you to check it out.

THM Nindo
April 20, 2012, 03:54 PM
Then you should probably edit your previous post to reflect that Layla dying on July 7th is part of your theory. Right now you're stating it as a fact as part of the supporting evidence for your theory.

Here I edited it. Happy? :p
Now instead of talking about the way I formulate my post, can we discuss the theory instead? :tem

Do you think that Layla was sacrificed 14 years ago to open that same gate?

LoS
April 20, 2012, 04:14 PM
Just stopping by to say Mangastream's translation sucked. Less speed scans, and more quality and translation checks please you goofs.

Oh my goodness this translation is awful, holy shit.

Also, betting your life usually means you die, but we of course have to turn it into child audience time and resort to becoming someone's slave instead supposedly, tsk tsk.

Gats
April 20, 2012, 04:16 PM
Just stopping by to say Mangastream's translation sucked. Less speed scans, and more quality and translation checks please you goofs.

Like what ? How do you know that ? No offense, just want to know.

I think the Mangastream translation makes much more sense overall, but I don't know what to think about what gravity girl said about who trained who.

Examples : In MS version : what Mira said makes more sense and fits her character. What Kagura said about the path and her sword leading to it makes more sense then the futur of Sabertooth. How she accepted Yukino's bet also fits way more her character (using the "honor" theme). FT has more interest about surpassing Sabertooth than Mermaid guild. The sword technique also makes more sense (way more than "it's an amazing sword" from Mangareader). Hell, even what Lucy said about the 13rd gate makes more sense seeing how it has been beaten. The only thing I'm not sure is about who taught the gravity technique to who.

LoS
April 20, 2012, 04:21 PM
Like what ?

You are kidding right? There are multiple spelling errors, tons of grammatical and tense disagreements. It's just crap. Normally it's better, I don't know if they used a different translator but whomever it was that person and the people responsible for checking over the chapter clearly did not learn English as their first language.

As for this other translation, I haven't read any of the thread and haven't seen the other chapter. Link?

Actually I take back what I said. I read the chapter on mangareader and they for some dumb reason have the cover page from Mangastream but the rest of the chapter is from dragonfly scans. I mean seriously, who does that? What reason do they have to host a chapter from one scan group, but use the cover page from another?

Ifrit
April 20, 2012, 04:30 PM
Honestly...dude...instead of insulting the people who translated this. You should tell them Thank You for doing this.

If English not their first language..I bet your first language ain't Japanese also.

The big picture here is...Mashima is really going somewhere with this Arc. Things gonna get heat up. soon the votes will all be Epic.

Krono
April 20, 2012, 04:32 PM
Actually I take back what I said. I read the chapter on mangareader and they for some dumb reason have the cover page from Mangastream but the rest of the chapter is from dragonfly scans. I mean seriously, who does that? What reason do they have to host a chapter from one scan group, but use the cover page from another?

The big reader sites seem to have at least partially automated grabbing chapter from other sites and uploading them. There was probably a snafu in the automation.

Gats
April 20, 2012, 04:35 PM
You are kidding right? There are multiple spelling errors, tons of grammatical and tense disagreements. It's just crap. Normally it's better, I don't know if they used a different translator but whomever it was that person and the people responsible for checking over the chapter clearly did not learn English as their first language.

As for this other translation, I haven't read any of the thread and haven't seen the other chapter. Link?

I'm talking about the general sense, not about the grammatical mistakes. What's your opinion about it ? (between Mangareader and Mangastream)
Do you have another translation yet ?

LoS
April 20, 2012, 04:43 PM
just finished reading both. mangastream's legitimate chapter is hands down by far the superior of the two.

the dragonfly scan simply doesn't make sense in a few different parts of the chapter. you are left scratching your head thinking, wtf is this person saying? I have no clue.

Mashima is really going somewhere with this Arc. Things gonna get heat up. soon the votes will all be Epic.

Haven't gone anywhere we weren't already at a few chapters ago really. All that has happened is Sabertooth is no longer portrayed as invincible, and Mashima actually introduced a strong character who amounted to something. The drunk guy was pretty much a complete waste. Not really interested in there being yet another celestial mage, it was inevitable there would be someone other than Lucy who uses spirits in this competition.

THM Nindo
April 20, 2012, 04:49 PM
Yeah, mangastream is the right one.
Everything make sense when you read it.

-Ken-
April 20, 2012, 08:05 PM
Yukino being a Stellar Spirit Mage was really predictable, but her loss makes up for that. I'm betting that Sabertooth will probably replace her with a reserve member somewhere down the road, should be awesome. Come to think of it, one of the only guild masters we haven't met yet is Sabertooth's. This also ensures that the Eclipses Plan will probably succeed, in fact I'm quite sure thats the only reason Yukino is here at this point, so that Mashima can use her for that purpose. On the other hand, this also makes it even more obvious that Lucy is going to end up fine. I smell a Sabertooth/Fairy Tail team-up at the end of this arc.

I can see reserve member coming. I mention it earlier in this thread.

It is said that this is Yukino first time in the tournament. This means that Sabertooth probably had another member hidden, that will most likely replace Yukino on the next day?

There are 5 mage that bring Sabertooth to where it is right now. One of them is most likely NOT Yukino because the comment stated that this is her first time in the tournament. I hope to see that mage soon. Hope he/she have a good design.

shuha27
April 20, 2012, 08:12 PM
Layla was a stellar mage that died 14 years ago, the same year that the dragon all disappeared.

In 5 days, the same date, the bad guys planned on opening a gate by sacrificing a stellar mage.
Could it be that 14 years ago, someone sacrificed Layla by forcing her to open the gate?!

I think we might finally know what happened to Layla.
That might also explained why Lucy was crying in the vision!

I was thinking the exact same thing but the thing is why would they force her to open the gate then and try to open it now. I do think Layla in some way is connected to this. It seems like every seven years since her mom's death bad things happens to Lucy's family ._.

Will Fairy Tail be on break next week?

crimsonlink310
April 20, 2012, 08:43 PM
Great chapter. Loved the fight between Kagura and Yukino. I thought that the new stellar spirit keys are pretty awesome. They were just unlucky to meet their doom at Kagura's sword/scabbard.

I think Kagura is up there with Jura, Jellal, Laxus and Erza in strength as in S rank.

Looking forward to the next chapter as more about the plot should be revealed by the villains. Maybe some trash talking between the teams too lol.

Krono
April 20, 2012, 09:28 PM
Will Fairy Tail be on break next week?

Yeah, it should be.

Uriel
April 20, 2012, 09:30 PM
Isn't it Golden Week next week or something like that?

BTW, I'm calling this now: Inside Ophicus Snake lives the true spirit of Ophicus. Probably a human-type form that likes to build things. That mechanical aspect and the fact that it was cut in three leads me to think so.
And DAT EYES. DAT WHITE EYES. :gwah

Lectro Volpi
April 20, 2012, 10:26 PM
Looks like this girl Yukino is going to stick for a while. I am happy, she is cute and broken now.

On the other hand I hope Quatro Puppies is out, his strongest guy bit the dust.

frozen18ice
April 20, 2012, 11:20 PM
SWEET I WAS RIGHT
dammm that really cool that mashima used the 13 zodiac thing than the regular 12 keys but it work and make so much sense that way.
it also makes it viable for why lucy was crying there two of them there and may be yukino gave her keys to her to take care of because she already lost her life in the game its not hers anymore but its no reason why lucy have to lose her life or it could be that who ever have the 13th key gets the grunt of the curse of the door. plus the 13th key almost look like a dragon makes sense for the whole dragon thing. also the date of the dark event is matching to the 777 its been 7years since they disappear 7th month 7 day of the games plus 7th day of the month of july.

oh yeah somebody said kubo umm umm mashima is not kubo

mashima is better at trolling than just no material

JunKisaragi
April 20, 2012, 11:38 PM
How come what you just said didn't make you wonder why Lucy kept the contract with her spirits in the 7 years absence...another gap in Fairy Tail...xD

Because in the first place, Lucy didn't die. I think Mashima showed in Chapter 262 that the spirits knew she was alive. :)

Airgrimes
April 21, 2012, 09:18 AM
So glad that we finally get to see Mages near Mirajane/Erza level that arent connected to the Fairy Tail guild in anyway and also arent evil :)

Ultear I wont count coz she was kinda evil.

NaLuMoment
April 21, 2012, 09:24 AM

Yeah, same here. =D Maybe they are even related somehow. ö_ö
I guess she will share the same fate as Angel... *Keys to Lucy* =P

Ifrit
April 21, 2012, 02:59 PM
Ok. Don't ban me please admin. This has nothing to do with anything here, but...

HALA MADRID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hossice
April 21, 2012, 03:36 PM
Isn't it Golden Week next week or something like that?

BTW, I'm calling this now: Inside Ophicus Snake lives the true spirit of Ophicus. Probably a human-type form that likes to build things. That mechanical aspect and the fact that it was cut in three leads me to think so.
And DAT EYES. DAT WHITE EYES. :gwah

It was cut into four was it not? http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/55826770/19

Edelheld
April 21, 2012, 03:42 PM
Abuse of Flare, abduction, sexual harassment by Bacchus, bikini contest ending up with taking a bet about nude pics and now one girl literally owns another. All in a row. It's just pervy me or does Mashima have some issue? Maybe he should write some doujin to blow some steam off?

Franklyn D. Kieran
April 21, 2012, 05:26 PM
Maybe the thing behind that door is the world the three dragon's that taught Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy are being held as well as others maybe. That gate could be like a portal to their dimension and A celestrial spirit mage is the thing they need to open it. Their specialty is opening up gates from another dimension after all, that's how they summon the spirits.

Maybe these villains want to unleash the dragons from this world to attempt to take control of them, Heck maybe even Layla is stuck in this dimension. Although we do already have another alternate universe: Edolas, so maybe having another dimension would overdo it. I could still see it happening though.

Uriel
April 21, 2012, 05:47 PM
Thing is...Why the Celestial Mages are related? Why THEIR magic? Something else is missing here.

Franklyn D. Kieran
April 21, 2012, 06:03 PM
Thing is...Why the Celestial Mages are related? Why THEIR magic? Something else is missing here.

What do you mean they are related? I think I'm missing something :gwah

I just thought they would need the power of a Celestial mage to open that big gate, because that's what their power entails. Opening the gates to another dimension. Well, that's what I thought anyway.

Uriel
April 21, 2012, 07:11 PM
It just can't be only that. At first I also thought so, but there is many ways to open portals. Even Mystogan knew how to open and close Anima. And I'm sure there is some other magic for teleport which entails also space-time techniques. I'm smelling it's something even wider than that. Something that directly relates Dragons to Celestial Mages.

I mean...If they only needed a Celestial Mage because that magic entails opening portals they only need to pick just one Celestial Mage. In which case they have plenty...I'm sure Lucy, Angel and Yukina are not the only ones (Now that I think, always females huh? Except for that fat former owner of Virgo) and taking them doesn't need a tournament. Is a waste of effort. If they need magic, I'm pretty sure that they can have strong sources for it. They could even use Angel power if the only thing needed is the basis of their power.
But no, they NEED the 13 keys. The gate was made specifically FOR THAT. I'm sure they did not make that gate. The design must be from someone else, an archive or something. This is the very foundation between Dragons and Celestial Mages if everything is related.

And maybe more, maybe the Dragons and the Celestial Beings are guarding something else. In which case they both joined forces as magical creatures to close that particular gate. Maybe Tartaros, who knows.

lawlett-kun
April 22, 2012, 03:31 PM
is it just me or stellar spirit mages seem really weak? pretty much if the spirit is beaten then u can wave the white flag. Atleast know some spell like urano metria or smthn .... gosh

Airgrimes
April 22, 2012, 05:23 PM
is it just me or stellar spirit mages seem really weak? pretty much if the spirit is beaten then u can wave the white flag. Atleast know some spell like urano metria or smthn .... gosh

I know what you mean.
Are they ALL female? I cant remember a male one.
Also, there are SO many star signs like hundreds, so im disappointed we have seen so few. Nice that Plue is Canis Minor though hehehe how he is a dog I dont know. (Mashima's trolling)

lawlett-kun
April 22, 2012, 05:33 PM
I know what you mean.
Also, there are SO many star signs like hundreds, so im disappointed we have seen so few. Nice that Plue is Canis Minor though hehehe how he is a dog I dont know. (Mashima's trolling)

indeed. haha. well i dunno a stellar male mage gonna look not very manly imo. haha. and i take the knight dude doesnt want specifically Lucy but any stellar mage would do/

-Ken-
April 22, 2012, 05:41 PM
I know what you mean.

They aren't all female. The Duke, the origina owner of Virgo is a male.

Or at least I hope as heck he is.

lawlett-kun
April 22, 2012, 05:46 PM
They aren't all female. The Duke, the origina owner of Virgo is a male.

Or at least I hope as heck he is.

oooooh nice memory he was so weak omg

hossice
April 22, 2012, 09:00 PM
Special is out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/13639540/1

Atobe the king
April 22, 2012, 09:01 PM
damn, ninja'd :(, these stats are lol. Laxus stats make tenro islands conclusion seem pretty :V

ghostexiled
April 22, 2012, 09:19 PM
Please remember to discuss the "Special issue" in the thread dedicated for FT Specials.

Here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/50353-FT-Specials-%284-22-11-Fairy-Tail-X-Rave-Special%29/page4)

This thread should remain for discussing the actual chapter/story.

Thanks!

llamapie
April 22, 2012, 10:02 PM

Well Lucy is showing that, she was about to break out a big ass nuke when that douche cut her magic off.

Speaking of which, this just shows us how Lucy is gonna get more keys. Whether it be she beats the person or they're given to her prior to death I don't know. I'm getting the feeling that saber tooth will actually join FT in battle here. They don't seem like bad people overall. This arc is going to pick up in a few chapters and something big will go down that will force the guilds to work together I think. My guess is that image of Lucy crying is for the SB spirit mage dying. They may get close soon?

Mashima is doing great with this arc, lets hope he keeps it up.

Aikidoka
April 22, 2012, 10:28 PM

I noticed that too, thought it was strange. Maybe they'll bring in the fifth as a reserve member similar to Bacchus?

Edelheld
April 23, 2012, 05:32 AM
I noticed that too, thought it was strange. Maybe they'll bring in the fifth as a reserve member similar to Bacchus?
It's not necessarily means that if she hasn't participated in contests then she is not one of those 5 strange mages. It's common not to bring only the strongest mages in guild to the tournament. Look at happiness of Lamia Scale's mages than Jura and Leon's team decided to participate. And Bacchus participated only because the weaker member was injured.
And it's not necessary that all 5 of them always work in a team. So they might have been participated earlier apart from each other.
So, there is a possibility that she is one of those mages, though I don't know how being owned by Kagura will be played out.

lawlett-kun
April 23, 2012, 04:08 PM
Well Lucy is showing that, she was about to break out a big ass nuke when that douche cut her magic off.

Speaking of which, this just shows us how Lucy is gonna get more keys. Whether it be she beats the person or they're given to her prior to death I don't know. I'm getting the feeling that saber tooth will actually join FT in battle here. They don't seem like bad people overall. This arc is going to pick up in a few chapters and something big will go down that will force the guilds to work together I think. My guess is that image of Lucy crying is for the SB spirit mage dying. They may get close soon?

Mashima is doing great with this arc, lets hope he keeps it up.

well yeah true. Also tht dude tht cuts magic away kinda suspicious about his magic. I mean if he can cut it away, that means he is one of the strongest mages in manga if not strongest. I hope in the future it wont be like that this magic works only on weak mages, gonna mkae lucy and wendy look bad,really bad.

Also do you guys think that in the future in like final battle, Lucy will be able to summon the spirit King as her spirit. It was said that they have pretty good relationship. But then again lucy said 13th spirit supposed to be the "strongest" does that mean he is stronger than the king, then why is he called the king then omg. No i still hope king is the strongest spirit and we will see him in the battle.

REN KOUEN
April 23, 2012, 06:20 PM
i loved the little guide to the grand magic tournament

cant wait for next weeks chapter, i hope we get to see laxus and one of the guys from raven tail or saber tooth fight

that kagura chick from mermaid heel is BADASS
she may be a good matchup for erza, that would be an epic fight

lawlett-kun
April 23, 2012, 06:26 PM
i loved the little guide to the grand magic tournament

cant wait for next weeks chapter, i hope we get to see laxus and one of the guys from raven tail or saber tooth fight

that kagura chick from mermaid heel is BADASS
she may be a good matchup for erza, that would be an epic fight

kagura greatly reminds me of the girl from tower of heaven arc who fought erza, forgot her name. Pink hair tho

shuha27
April 23, 2012, 07:00 PM
Yukino design is so similar to Angel. Well, at least to me it is...I hope they are related somehow

lawlett-kun
April 23, 2012, 07:01 PM
Yukino design is so similar to Angel. Well, at least to me it is...I hope they are related somehow

haha yeah it is, sisters maybe?

llamapie
April 23, 2012, 09:04 PM
well yeah true. Also tht dude tht cuts magic away kinda suspicious about his magic. I mean if he can cut it away, that means he is one of the strongest mages in manga if not strongest. I hope in the future it wont be like that this magic works only on weak mages, gonna mkae lucy and wendy look bad,really bad.

Also do you guys think that in the future in like final battle, Lucy will be able to summon the spirit King as her spirit. It was said that they have pretty good relationship. But then again lucy said 13th spirit supposed to be the "strongest" does that mean he is stronger than the king, then why is he called the king then omg. No i still hope king is the strongest spirit and we will see him in the battle.

I get the feeling that even if he can dispell magic his weakness will be against hand to hand or melee combat so FT has a lot of people who can beat him.

REN KOUEN
April 24, 2012, 09:19 AM
kagura greatly reminds me of the girl from tower of heaven arc who fought erza, forgot her name. Pink hair tho

i wonder if she will force the chick from sabertooth to join mermaid heel now that she is her property....

what do you predict will happen this week? interesting title chapter....

frozen18ice
April 24, 2012, 11:12 AM
damm i want lucy to have those keys already lol
i wonder if orphchus will change shape if lucy have it or will it be the same look that snakes kinda looks of the lower jaw of it was longer than the upper jaw no wonder it did not even hurt the mermaid girl at all
also seem that if the master of the holder of the keys are weak so as the power it holds, just like how angle only used gemini to hurt fairy tale but she did it so well that i gone to the conclusion there is more to those keys than what was shown so far like if libra can make people fly by changing the person weight or what other offensive power pisces or the snake thing have really to be strong or is it just any other key i wonder if the enemy knows that she have 10 of the 13 keys

i cant get this out of my head happy asking lucy to call for picses then bites one of them then gets eaten by the other that is if lucy does get them but we all know those keys are meant for lucy to have being yukino could mostly to be sacrificed in opening a door to evil plans

kkck
April 24, 2012, 05:08 PM
Nice chapter to say the least, lots of stuff going on. I never particularly noticed that saber tooth girl however her similarity to angel is remarkable lol.

Anyways, it is kinda strange that she went for her golden keys right of the bat. Why? She has 2 of them and a black special one and she used them in a second. I can understand her opponent being strong however this girl had literally nothing going for her other than those 3 keys. At least lucy had a couple silver keys and angel made very interesting use of caellum. I always expected that if we saw another stellar spirit mage he would use silver keys in a weapon like fashion such as caellum.

Ophicious was something I always wondered about. It has been in some forms added to the zodiac depending on the source you look at so him having special relevance is not all that weird. It seems to be mildly more powerful than regular golden key spirits though (of course, that would depend on the user). I wonder if there will be other such black keys. I also wonder why this spirit would be hidden... On that note, how many actual stellar spirit mages are there? I recall there being a shop where they were sold so it can't be too few of them but in turn the knight guy was surprise he would see 2 stellar spirit mages.

It seems we just saw a rival for erza in mermaid heel. She did a decent bit of damage with a sheathed sword but in turn it seems that is her only weapon. I will venture a guess and say the sword is magical in nature. If it is magical it could have any amount of effects. Perhaps it is a gravity sword? If it can change its weight based on her needs it can be a great offense and defense to say the least. Erza will probably need new armor as her good ones have been destroyed through the course of the series to the point where it was an actual issue against azuma.

frozen18ice
April 25, 2012, 03:31 AM
it might seem that the key looks black but its possible that its also a gold key it is not a color page to confirm that plus how can it be considered one of the 12 golden keys or at least part of the set

Gats
April 25, 2012, 03:45 AM

Weakling relying on minions is the essence of a summoner type class. Nothing surprising.

frozen18ice
April 25, 2012, 05:47 AM
it can also be base on devotion of the spirits specially the fact that her spirits come out without her summoning them like loki, virgo, capricon, gemini, hologrum, has something to do with the level of power or love of the summoner, being one magic is said to be love. i still wonder what kind of power does caprico really have other than being good at martial arts he must have a offensive power like loki,

Marche
April 25, 2012, 06:12 AM
Kagura:
I believe that for Kagura this is her first tournament for her.
I believe this because not only Fairy Tail maged are surprised (in the truth they are in shock, Sting even trembling http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/55826770/22), but even the others guild and the whole stadium are surprised, so I believe that it’s just like for Leon and Jura for Lamia Scale.

Kagura in appearance is really similar to Urtear, but as behavior is more similar to that of the first Erza, of Erza until the tower of paradise.
But perhaps counting her magic power, her speech (when she speaks of honor) I think that is better say that she is like a samurai (I don’t know if there is a word that indicates “female samurai”, just like “kunoichi” for for “female ninja” (in the truth I don’t even know if there were female samurai)).
Anyways she is really too awesome in the double page where he defeats Yukino.

Now I want to analyze Kagura’s power:
There are different translations for the chapter, I believe that the best in that of mangastream, so I will base my comments with it.
In mangastream translation Risley affirm that Kagura was the one who teached her gravity transformation magic.
Then perhaps Kagura has other power, she could even teached to the other member other magic, so if the lastest girl of Mermaid Hell is really Milliana, she could even use other magic, not only that of nullify the magical power of her opponents thanks to her cords.

From what says “Milliana”, if Kagura draw her sword there would be a cataclysm.
In fact believe that if she could cut in two the whole stadium if she would draw her sword.
I believe this counting that she cut the 13th without using her sword.
Perhaps the Mercury palace could be destroyed by Kagura, in order to save Yukino, if Yukino would be kidnapped.
Anyways I believe that her magic power is similar to that of Meldy, in someway she put her feelings, her emotions in her sword.

Anyways I don’t think that she would fight Erza in the next days.
I this because otherwise their match would be too similar to that of Erza against Ikaruga.
The only difference is that Ikaruga exctracted her sword, only that it was so fast that this could not be seen, while Kagura did not draws her sword for real.
The only difference if that I believe this time Erza at the end would lose.
Anyways I believe that Erza will lose against Bacchus.

Uriel
April 25, 2012, 11:54 AM
It's very likely that Kagura has more than one type of Magic, if you ask me. Like many, many other S-Mages.

Airgrimes
April 26, 2012, 02:37 PM
Weakling relying on minions is the essence of a summoner type class. Nothing surprising.

The equivalent to Aria class for anyone who watched Blue Exorcist lol.

Regret
April 26, 2012, 08:12 PM
The equivalent to Aria class for anyone who watched Blue Exorcist lol.

Don't you mean tamer class? They're the ones that summon animals to aid them.

If Kagura doesn't unsheathe her sword in this arc I wonder if we'll ever get to see it. Now that I think about it I hope all the guilds are involved in the final battle. If Yukino gets kidnapped or worse then Sabertooth better strike back. These one round battles aren't enough of a showcase for all these new characters.

Newkerzy
April 27, 2012, 07:10 AM
The participating guilds getting involved in one huge showdown against the villain of the arc would be awesome. It'd be akin to a war-like scale since there's even more characters involved than the Light Alliance vs OS. Not to mention that the ordinary members of each guild are probably there as well. Hell, if that does happen, it'd be only a warm-up of what's to come in the final arc, I'd bet.

Airgrimes
April 27, 2012, 04:06 PM
Don't you mean tamer class. They're the ones that summon animals to aid them.

Yeah I do lol.

ghostexiled
April 27, 2012, 11:16 PM
Please remember forum rules and do not post anymore "one-liner" comments.

Anymore will be deleted!

Thanks!

kkck
April 29, 2012, 02:17 PM
Well, there is a thread about stellar spirits and all 88 constellations in the forum. You can take a look at it.

frozen18ice
April 30, 2012, 04:47 AM
hmm thinking about the past chapters but lucy never had pixis before could that trip in the spirit realm plus i wonder if they are going to use the other silver key be more fighting keys or will it be only the 13 zodiacs are fighting types but if you look at it, they are not all fighting type but are used for it, aries uses defense magic with her wool or attack with it but then again you cant really use all of them to fight like plu can not do much at all but shake or mybe he has a skill. it be crazy if lucy will have 88 keys on her belt that would be too much but we all know that she will have all 13 plus some silver but after that will they show the other keys that are not golden keys and if there is a counter type of silver keys to the zodiac keys or will they stop at the 13 keys

REN KOUEN
April 30, 2012, 04:17 PM
Please remember forum rules and do not post anymore "one-liner" comments.

Anymore will be deleted!

Thanks!
sure is funny how the staff are at liberty to delete what they want, but they let the trolls and off topic, theoretical discussion take over the naruto prediction discussion thread

just another double standard at manga helpers

so let me come up with a multi-line response, that is acceptable to the staff

i wonder what arcades meant when he said "another stellar spirit mage" ??? does this help , or possibly hinder his plans???
i predic that this week either the king and arcades will make their move , i am interested to see how the gang at fairy tail will defend lucy now that they know she is being targeted

and now that elfman is hurt, it should open the door for wendy to re-join the party

lawlett-kun
April 30, 2012, 05:47 PM
sure is funny how the staff are at liberty to delete what they want, but they let the trolls and off topic, theoretical discussion take over the naruto prediction discussion thread

just another double standard at manga helpers

so let me come up with a multi-line response, that is acceptable to the staff

i wonder what arcades meant when he said "another stellar spirit mage" ??? does this help , or possibly hinder his plans???
i predic that this week either the king and arcades will make their move , i am interested to see how the gang at fairy tail will defend lucy now that they know she is being targeted

and now that elfman is hurt, it should open the door for wendy to re-join the party

as far as i understood any stellar spirit mage should do. kinda dissapointed though, i thought that Lucy was kinda special in a way. But still interesting how this is going to unfold.

Kauia
April 30, 2012, 08:12 PM
I think that there's something special about the magic of stellar spirits. Still, I don't think Fairy tail is aware that Lucy is being targeted. What they know is, Lucy was targeted because Raven tail wanted to weaken their team, to cheat. All in all, Fairy tail isn't aware of Arcadios as a threat. It's only Charle and doctor woman (can't seem to remember her name at the moment) who knows that Lucy is being targeted.

frozen18ice
May 01, 2012, 12:26 AM
are we getting a chapter early this week or the end of the week because of golden week or did we just get a early release from the other manga due to golden. im having fairy tale withdrawals for the last couple of days that last chapter too much yet its only the second day of the magic games there is 5 more days of ACK GAH OOHH

REN KOUEN
May 01, 2012, 01:05 AM
as far as i understood any stellar spirit mage should do. kinda dissapointed though, i thought that Lucy was kinda special in a way. But still interesting how this is going to unfold.

Well lucy certainly has more keys...
And there seems to be something special about her mother....

But judging by what archades said it seems any stellar spirit mage could have sufficed

Still interested to see how they plan to kidnap lucy with fairy tail on guard

I hope we get an early chapter this week :(

lawlett-kun
May 01, 2012, 01:15 AM
Well lucy certainly has more keys...
And there seems to be something special about her mother....

But judging by what archades said it seems any stellar spirit mage could have sufficed

Still interested to see how they plan to kidnap lucy with fairy tail on guard

I hope we get an early chapter this week :(
well yeah certainly layla was incredibly strong, maybe makarov level. I think she was. what i really want to see in this manga, is some stellar mage awesomeness, not just some cool keys, but some magic combinations. Something like mage and spirits making a unison raid or smthn. Thats what i hope lucy will become.Lucy is pretty smart girl, i hope she will become a better strategist in battles to compensate for her close range failness.

lucy kick aint cutting this anymore. i mean c'mon we r up against crazy dragons.dragonslayers and dark lord Zeref

Ifrit
May 01, 2012, 05:06 AM
lucy kick aint cutting this anymore. i mean c'mon we r up against crazy dragons.dragonslayers and dark lord Zeref

Sorry this I don't agree at all.

up until now the ranking for finishing blow on my list are like this:

1- Lucy Kick "Lucy"

2- Fairy Law "Makarov"

3- Star Destruction "Gerard" ---> wish he had the chance to finish it.

4- Tower Burst" "Azuma"

5- Raging Bolt " Laxus"

6- Mira "Soul Extinction" --> not sure about the name

Now I believe I said it before here. The reason Lucy kick is # 1 is simply because Makarov got nothing on Lucy. He can do Karate..... :pwned

lawlett-kun
May 01, 2012, 05:07 AM
Sorry this I don't agree at all.

up until now the ranking for finishing blow on my list are like this:

1- Lucy Kick "Lucy"

2- Fairy Law "Makarov"

3- Star Destruction "Gerard" ---> wish he had the chance to finish it.

4- Tower Burst" "Azuma"

5- Raging Bolt " Laxus"

6- Mira "Soul Extinction" --> not sure from the name

Now I believe I said it before here. The reason Lucy kick is # 1 is simply because Makarov got nothing on Lucy. He can do Karate..... :pwned
is this ur favourite ranking or power ranking list. If its power than you probably lost me at the very start

Ifrit
May 01, 2012, 06:36 AM
are we getting a chapter early this week or the end of the week because of golden week or did we just get a early release from the other manga due to golden. im having fairy tale withdrawals for the last couple of days that last chapter too much yet its only the second day of the magic games there is 5 more days of ACK GAH OOHH

What I'm hoping for is not an early chapter, but an Epic one. Mashima had like two weeks to make 1 chapter. I hope its gonna be one of the chapters worth 10 times reading before you start thinking about the next one.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

is this ur favourite ranking or power ranking list. If its power than you probably lost me at the very start

One does not simply underestimate a kick to the head !!

Do you think Obra would stand a chance to cancel Lucy kick if she used it instead of that stars attack thing. which kinda drained her magic and she wasn't able to stand again.

She should have gone with the leg kick, then everyone at the tournament will go like this :clap2

frozen18ice
May 01, 2012, 06:54 AM
its gonna be 3 weeks of waiting last week this week and this week torture,
but i do agree about the fact that he has two weeks for making this chapter yet its only 3rd day of the magic games it might not be the best time for the plan to happen it needs the 7day but having lucy gone missing on the 3rd day will only stop the plan early, but im guessing it will be a epic match up he might show what powers the other raven tail have in this games or more come back of fairy tale

Ifrit
May 01, 2012, 08:42 AM
its gonna be 3 weeks of waiting last week this week and this week torture,

Wait are you saying there is no Fairy Tail this week ?

Kauia
May 01, 2012, 09:03 AM
Please tell me that's not true! How do you know that there won't be any updates of fairy tail chapter. If there is, that chapter better be epic! Now I'm getting depressed if there won't be any updates. Sigh.

For the sake of it, Mashima should make Lucy kick Lucy's signature move. I kinda miss it since Lucy doesn't use it that much.

frozen18ice
May 01, 2012, 09:16 AM
there is one right the end of this week, it was this last friday that we did not get one for golden week but its kinda weird that there suppose to not have a chapter from bleach, naruto,one piece, reborn but we got one late so does that mean we are not getting one this week or that was from a double issue before golden week and fairy tale is the only one affected by the golden week celebration or we wont get a chapter this week for the others but get one from fairy tale, i should know it by now but i try to forget the two week torture days every time it comes.
i wonder if lucy fire is stronger than lucy kick lol

Krono
May 01, 2012, 09:37 AM
Wait are you saying there is no Fairy Tail this week ?

It's Golden Week in Japan, so there won't be an issue this week. Which, since we get the chapters early, means that there was no chapter this past weekend, and the next chapter should be coming this weekend, or possibly a day or two early.

there is one right the end of this week, it was this last friday that we did not get one for golden week but its kinda weird that there suppose to not have a chapter from bleach, naruto,one piece, reborn but we got one late so does that mean we are not getting one this week or that was from a double issue before golden week and fairy tale is the only one affected by the golden week celebration or we wont get a chapter this week for the others but get one from fairy tale, i should know it by now but i try to forget the two week torture days every time it comes.
i wonder if lucy fire is stronger than lucy kick lol

1) All those run in a different magazine that Fairy Tail
2) We got chapters for those series because the magazine they run in was leaked early.

Airgrimes
May 02, 2012, 02:35 PM
1) All those run in a different magazine that Fairy Tail

This should already be a must know for any FT fan lol.