It's not my type of game. :sweat

Oh, I got another story

3rd Grade

Some students finished their work early so they were reading quietly
Girl: Can I draw a picture for my dad?
Me: Well... I rath-
Boy: Her dad's in jail!
Girl: *glaring at him* She doesn't need to know that
Me: Um... it's okay. You can draw him a picture.

Kids... :XD

goldb
August 28, 2012, 07:20 PM
You too bob...

I'm away at Paralympics from tomorrow dude, you know this :oh

riki
August 28, 2012, 07:36 PM
How long will you be in London?

Oh, I wrote a little bit for my second series and I would like some feedback on it. It will have some spoilers but I figure by the time I post the second series, you guys will forget about this post. :derp

Anyway, I think I'm going to make the second series as a "futuristic fantasy" genre so you guys will probably be confused by some terms. ^^;

“Don’t move.”

Brynne felt the tip of the blade poking her spine and complied. Then the strangely familiar voice ordered, “Now I want you to walk slowly to the center of the room without moving past by the windows and not a sound. You got it?”

Gulping nervously, she nodded and walked to the spot. The assassin followed behind her; his blade still pressed hard against her body that she was afraid that she would get stabbed if she did not move any faster. Finally, the man said, “That’s good enough. Now I want you to turn around slowly and don’t say a word.”

She did as she was told and turned to face her would-be killer. The man stood a foot away from her, and she estimated that he was only a few inches taller than she. His body was thin but muscular. He looked at her with kind but sad hazel eyes. That was when she noticed that his sword no longer pointing at her but at his side instead. There was something about him that bothered her for some reason. That was when it dawned on her on his identity.

“What are you doing here, Darrin?” she demanded – no, nearly shouted – at the man who murdered her father. Her anger has quickly replaced her fear.

Darrin gave her a panic-stricken look and quickly tried to calm her down. Good, let him feel fear for a change, she thought with satisfaction.

“Quiet down!” he hissed. “I just want to talk to you.”

Glaring at him, she demanded, “And why should I? Give me one reason why I should not call out the guards to come here and arrest you, murderer!”

“Please let me explain myself,” Darrin begged. “Just hear me out. Then you can decide on what to do next. Please, Cat.”

Cat. It has been a long time since someone called her by her former name. Brynne sighed and relented, “All right, but I will only give you FIVE minutes. If you go over even by a minute, I’ll start screaming.”

Darrin didn’t wait any time. “Yes, it’s true that I murdered King Melghan,” he began and she nodded; of course, she was there when it happened, “but I was set up.”

“Set up?” The princess narrowed her eyes at him and crossed her arms. “What do you mean ‘set up’?”

“My informant told me that your life was endangered,” he said quietly. “He told me that someone was hired to kill you and it would take place at the balcony during the celebration. He claimed that you would be lured to that place and when you least expect it, you will be killed. When I heard that, I rushed over here to warn you. However, by the time I arrived here, I saw that you were at predetermined place and panicked when I saw a man approaching you. I assumed that it was the assassin and panicked. That was when I…”

He didn’t need to finish the last sentence. Brynne could still remember vividly of that terrible night. Her father was so happy that she has accepted the fact that she was his daughter and went over to hug her. He was within an arm’s length when an arrow pierced through his neck, killing him. Stunned, she looked down to see Darrin staring back at her. The way she looked at him must have told him that he has done a terrible mistake because he has a horrified look on his face and fled before she could scream.

“And where is this ‘informant’ so we can verify what you’re telling me is true?” she asked coolly.

He sighed ruefully. “It was Daggit,” he replied, “and you know what happened to him. Anyway, after I fled, I rushed over there to confront him. However, he was already dead when I got there. That was when I realized that I was going to be the scapegoat so that’s why I fled. You got to believe me.”

She didn’t answer immediately. Her head was full of more questions than answers. Finally she said sarcastically, “It’s very convenient that your only proof is dead. Now is there anything else before I raise the alarm?”

“I never thought you would become so cruel,” he mentioned sadly. “I had hoped that you would be more understanding, but I have been greatly mistaken. I guess the girl I thought I knew was not like I have expected.”

“Understanding?” she snapped. “Why should I be sympathetic to a killer? You ruined my life when you killed the only family that I have! I hope you suffer before you get executed for your crime or better yet, why don’t you kill yourself just to make everyone’s lives less miserable?”

As soon as she said it, the princess regretted it when she saw her former friend’s pained look. “Don’t I already suffer enough? Do you actually think I want this?” he whispered bitterly. “My family’s reputation has been tarnished, and my family has been stripped of its title because of what I did. My family was either executed or exiled and I can’t even go see them because I don’t want to endanger them. The people whom I thought were my friends abandoned me or tried to turn me in just to get honor for themselves. My name is reviled, and I am the most hated man in the country. I have to use an alias and have to be on alert all of the times so I won’t be caught by the police. I even had to change my corestan so that the isobots couldn’t track me down. If I could turn back in time, I would change what I did, but I can’t, can I?”

“No, you can’t,” she agreed, and silence filled the room. Brynne didn’t know what to do. A part of her wanted to alert the guards, but another side of her wanted to hold Darrin in her arms. Why does she feel this way? Why does Darrin always seem to have this effect on her?

Darrin broke the silent with his sigh. She glanced at him and saw him brushed his brown hair back with his hand. That was when she noticed that there were heavy bags underneath his eyes. He must have been so exhausted from the ordeal. “You have grown lovelier than I have imagined,” he admitted sheepishly. “You know, I always wondered if the little tomboy who loved to climb trees and performed daring tricks still exists.”

She wanted to tell him that the tomboy was still here, but she was closed off because of what she must do. Instead she found herself saying softly, “Catarina Gretchlin is dead. She has been dead ever since that day. I’m now Princess Brynne from the House of Gowan.”

He gave her a rueful laugh. “I didn’t expect you to be so gullible,” he muttered. Before she could argue with him, he continued, “If King Poleria were alive instead of his brother, would you have accepted that you were Princess Westerly instead? You just believe every word that people tell you without thinking about what is being said. But then, who am I to criticize? Look at the mess I am in now.”

She knew that Darrin was right even though the accusation still stung. “What are you going to do now?” she inquired, wishing to change the topic.

He hesitated before he answered, “I’m still going to find evidence to prove that I was tricked… if you allow me to leave, of course.”

Before she could reply, someone knocked on the door, startling both of them. “Brynne! Brynne!” her fiancé called out. “Are you all right? You’ve been taking too long in there so everyone’s worried.”

Was she gone THAT long? Brynne shouted hastily, “I’m sorry, but I was having difficulty… with my dress. Don’t worry though. I managed to fix the problem so tell the others that I will be coming down soon.”

That was when she felt the wind blowing into the room. Turning around, she found the bedroom window opened and Darrin was nowhere in sight.

goldb
August 28, 2012, 07:52 PM
How long will you be in London?

Only until 8th. I gotta get back a few days early because a friend is coming to visit and I gotta host. :bored

Will give you feedback tomorrow. :chu

xi0
August 28, 2012, 08:03 PM
It's not my type of game. :sweat

But you can even get into your character and invent a whole personality and everything. I thought it would be right up your alley :gwah

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I'm away at Paralympics from tomorrow dude, you know this :oh

So? Come on...you faff around, play from your phone.

goldb
August 28, 2012, 08:09 PM
So? Come on...you faff around, play from your phone.

Dude, did I NOT tell you about my phone battery? plus I'll be around but irregularly cos of work, so I can't commit.

Make her play....I mean, convincer her :shifty :e3

xi0
August 28, 2012, 08:14 PM
Dude, did I NOT tell you about my phone battery? plus I'll be around but irregularly cos of work, so I can't commit.

Make her play....I mean, convincer her :shifty :e3

You told me about how it was out in the wilderness. I was kidding anyway :XD

I know you work hard.........:heh

I would have more pull with her than you? Pfft

riki
August 28, 2012, 08:24 PM
:fan

xi0
August 28, 2012, 08:41 PM
I failed :gwah

goldb
August 28, 2012, 10:06 PM
Come on dude, you're not even trying...lol

xi0
August 28, 2012, 10:37 PM
I know enough not to be pushy with riki...come on :eyeroll

goldb
August 29, 2012, 04:47 AM
Wise man indeed...:nod

riki
August 29, 2012, 04:58 PM
Indeed :nod

Man, work today was exhausting

I worked with M/H kids (multi-handicap) and they were a handful. Most of them were hitting and kicking each other or at the adults. They were screaming and whatnot.

The worst thing was that we have a lockdown drill today so we practice if a crazy gunman comes into the school. After we locked the door and turned off the lights, we were supposed to stay in a corner in total silence. Let's just say if this really happens, the class would be dead. -_-;

xi0
August 29, 2012, 06:31 PM
The worst thing was that we have a lockdown drill today so we practice if a crazy gunman comes into the school. After we locked the door and turned off the lights, we were supposed to stay in a corner in total silence. Let's just say if this really happens, the class would be dead. -_-;

I imagine that was influenced by what happened here on the first day of school?

riki
August 29, 2012, 07:19 PM
:?bunny

xi0
August 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
Oh, I'm surprised the news wasn't more widespread, especially with you being an educator.

There was a shooting at my high school on the first day of school. Both the attacker and the victim were special-needs students. The bully even had Down-Syndrome. I guess the bullied one was teased by him in the cafeteria, he told him "I'm going to kill you". Then he left, and came back with a shotgun and shot the kid. The kid is still alive. Apparently the shooter brought the shotgun to school in his backpack, broken down. A guidance counselor grabbed him and disarmed him.

SEE THIS IS WHY TEACHERS AREN'T PAID ENOUGH FOR FUCKS SAKE

riki
August 29, 2012, 08:06 PM
Oh, I've read about that. I thought you were talking about my first day of school. ^^;

I don't know if the lockdown drill was planned already or if it was b/c of that attack.

TBH, I sometimes think about what I would do if something like that happens at the school I'm working at. I would definitely grab my cell and alert the police; if I'm not able to talk, I would at least text someone to alert them to the matter.

xi0
August 29, 2012, 08:08 PM
It's something to have protocol for, but just like that theater shooting, it isn't something to obsess over :)

riki
August 31, 2012, 09:15 PM
I know. I just do a quick look around so I know my surrounding. ^^

Anyway, I got another work story

4th Grade, Social Studies

I was helping a student with a crossword puzzle when a classmate interrupted.
Boy: Miss N., I really like your bre- I mean, watch.
Me: Um... thanks. :sweat

Hormones...

xi0
August 31, 2012, 09:17 PM
Woah....really? :XD

riki
August 31, 2012, 09:18 PM
Yeppers. Freudian slip at it finest. :XD

I wanted to laugh because it was so random, but I think he was embarrassed already.

xi0
August 31, 2012, 09:19 PM
I'm going to stop thinking about that situation now :iik

riki
September 05, 2012, 07:46 PM
Good idea

I'll post another funny story just to distract you :cookiehand

So during lunch break, a student aide wanted to show us a funny clip that some fifth graders made for a project. These girls decided to make a superhero movie called The Ultra Girls and the team include Arch-a-girl (an archer), Lift-a-girl (a strong woman), Speed-a-girl (fast), and Craze-a-girl (a crazy girl). Here are some funny moment

Opening: The girls approached the camera doing several poses. Craze-a-girl then struck a pose, but Lift-a-girl suddenly knocked her down to the ground. Then the latter posed as if nothing happened. :XD

-

Craze-a-girl: *holding a phone* Oh no! A cat is trapped on a tree. We have to save her!
Everyone: Ultra Girls to the rescue!
Speed-a-girl: *pointing to a shelf* There she is!
Arch-a-girl: Here, kitty, kitty! Come on down!

Someone pushed the plushie down and the girl tried to catch it. Unfortunately, they missed.

One of the girls: Idiot!

-

Later, they discovered that Lift-a-girl has been captured by the evil Pillow Pet so they went off to save her. :o They found her lying unconscious on the ground.

Craze-a-girl: Oh no, it's Lift-a-girl!
Arch-a-girl: Careful! Don't touch her!

Lift-a-girl woke up and faced her teammates.
Lift-a-girl: I'm evil now! (included with subtitles for dramatic effect) :kukuku
Everyone: Oh no! :o

After they knocked her unconscious
Arch-a-girl: Let's get her back to the base and save her!
They dragged her across the floor

-

Later

Lift-a-girl: Where am I?
Speed-a-girl: Here. We want you to drink this (the potion to de-brainwash her)
Lift-a-girl: What is this?
Arch-a-girl: This drink is evil and since you're evil, you should drink it! :cookiehand
Lift-a-girl: Oh okay! *drink*

A second or so later
Lift-a-girl: Hey! I'm back to normal!

Anyway, in the end, they captured the evil Pillow Pet and peace was restored to the land.

---------- Post added September 05, 2012 at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was August 31, 2012 at 11:45 PM ----------

Two more work stories

8th Grade

Girl #1: When I grow up, I want to live in Miami.
Girl #2: I want to live in England.
Boy: Why?
Girl #2: Because that's where One Direction lives.

:oh :fail

Girl #2: My six years old sister is psycho
Girl #1: Why is that?
Girl #2: She's a huge Justin Bieber fan and she's pissed that he's dating Selena Gomez. She kept saying that she's going to kill Selena so that Justin would be hers. I freaked out and told my mom about it. All she said, "What am I supposed to with her?" and I said, "Tell her to stop acting psychotic!"

Beiber fans... :fail

goldb
September 06, 2012, 01:07 AM
You should've told the girl that you were a Beiber fan too, watch how her sister would come find you the next day :umad

scav
September 06, 2012, 01:33 AM
page 69 :hurr

goldb
September 06, 2012, 01:40 AM
page 69 :hurr

Nope, 35 :hee

You're sick :-_-

scav
September 06, 2012, 01:58 AM
lol why im sick? i got page 69 here that's all, are u saying there is something wrong with 69? :hurr

riki
September 06, 2012, 05:11 AM
*cough* Let's hurry to the next page. Shall we?

You should've told the girl that you were a Beiber fan too, watch how her sister would come find you the next day :umad

But I want to live...

goldb
September 06, 2012, 02:15 PM
*cough* Let's hurry to the next page. Shall we?

Yes please :sweat

But I want to live...

I'm sure you could take her...:derp

How are you doing today? :chu (I accidentally typed your name instead of "chu" :blush)

riki
September 06, 2012, 02:20 PM
Awww... you want that to be my smiley? :fan Though knowing scav, he would abuse it. :XD

Work was pretty easy today, and I wrote more of Ch. 8. I think I'm a little halfway done though don't ask me the page numbers yet since I haven't copied and pasted it into Word Document. Have you caught up yet? :p

Anyway, I have to go to the library to print some thing so :bye

goldb
September 06, 2012, 02:24 PM
Awww... you want that to be my smiley? :fan Though knowing scav, he would abuse it. :XD

Yeah that's true :err

Have you caught up yet? :p

Woman, that is an extremely dangerous question to ask. Are you sure you wanna know the answer to that? :derp

scav
September 06, 2012, 02:27 PM
noooo what happened to the page 69, i didnt spam it enough :gwah

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

:hurr

goldb
September 06, 2012, 02:34 PM
-_-;

scav
September 06, 2012, 02:36 PM
:hip:handgun

goldb
September 06, 2012, 03:04 PM
:hip:handgun

:rofl dude...

riki
September 06, 2012, 03:32 PM
Woman, that is an extremely dangerous question to ask. Are you sure you wanna know the answer to that? :derp

Let me guess.... no :-_-

Ancy
September 06, 2012, 04:12 PM
I thought you may want to read this :

A first-grade teacher, Ms Brooks, was having trouble with one of her students. The teacher asked, "Harry, what's your problem?"

Harry answered, "I'm too smart for the 1st grade. My sister is in the 3rd grade and I'm smarter than she is! I think I should be in the 3rd grade too!"

Ms. Brooks had enough. She took Harry to the principal's office.

While Harry waited in the outer office, the teacher explained to the principal what the situation was. The principal told Ms. Brooks he would give the boy a test. If he failed to answer any of his questions he was to go back to the 1st grade and behave. She agreed.

Harry was brought in and the conditions were explained to him and he agreed to take the test.

Principal: "What is 3 x 3?"

Harry: "9."

Principal: "What is 6 x 6?"

Harry: "36."

And so it went with every question the principal thought a 3rd grader should know.

The principal looks at Ms. Brooks and tells her, "I think Harry can go to the 3rdgrade."

Ms. Brooks says to the principal, "Let me ask him some questions."

The principal and Harry both agreed.

Ms. Brooks asks, "What does a cow have four of that I have only two of?"

Harry, after a moment: "Legs."

Ms Brooks: "What is in your pants that you have but I do not have?"

The principal wondered why would she ask such a question!

Harry replied: "Pockets."

Ms. Brooks: "What does a dog do that a man steps into?"

Harry: "Pants."

The principal sat forward with his mouth hanging open.

Ms. Brooks: "What goes in hard and pink then comes out soft and sticky?"

The principal's eyes opened really wide and before he could stop the answer, Harry replied, "Bubble gum."

Ms. Brooks: "What does a man do standing up, a woman does sitting down and a dog does on three legs?"

Harry: "Shake hands."

The principal was trembling.

Ms. Brooks: "What word starts with an 'F' and ends in 'K' that means a lot of heat and excitement?"

Harry: "Firetruck."

The principal breathed a sigh of relief and told the
teacher, "Put Harry in the fifth-grade, I got the last six questions wrong... "

:lmao

riki
September 06, 2012, 09:12 PM
:lmao

That was so hilarious even my mom was laughing

scav
September 07, 2012, 07:07 AM
lol u seems very close to your mom. personally when i have my mom behind me i switch to google no matter what i was doing xD

xi0
September 07, 2012, 07:19 AM
lol u seems very close to your mom. personally when i have my mom behind me i switch to google no matter what i was doing xD

I was like that when I was 16 too :teehee

scav
September 07, 2012, 07:22 AM
:notsure

riki
September 07, 2012, 05:15 PM

Yeah, I guess we are. I usually show her those funny memes, which she enjoys.

I was like that when I was 16 too :teehee

xi0
September 07, 2012, 07:12 PM
Don't dotdotdot me too :bored

riki
September 07, 2012, 07:13 PM

:teehee

xi0
September 07, 2012, 07:27 PM
:rant

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Oh I think I mentioned a Pho place opening up here really close by....................still hasn't opened yet :fail

riki
September 07, 2012, 08:08 PM
That's annoying >.>

We have a new burrito place opening up here, and they already have coupons out promoting it. Unfortunately, the restaurant is still not ready and the coupons expired.

xi0
September 07, 2012, 08:09 PM
Yeah I think the sign was up in the window at least as early as mid July :s

Do you like Indian or Nepalese food?

riki
September 07, 2012, 08:10 PM
I love Indian food though I have never tried Nepalese food before.

What would you recommend?

xi0
September 07, 2012, 08:14 PM
I love Indian food though I have never tried Nepalese food before.

What would you recommend?

No idea :XD

There's this Indian/Nepalese place I've been meaning to try. I've only tried it once some time ago. I like Naan a lot.

It seems to be similar cuisines, but maybe Nepalese is more hearty because it's in the mountains? I really don't know...

What's your favorite cuisine?

riki
September 07, 2012, 08:59 PM
Vietnamese, of course :amuse

Italian is also good.

Yours?

xi0
September 07, 2012, 09:07 PM
:eyeroll

I don't have one. I can't choose. I like all of it :XD

Italian, Chinese, Sushi, Mexican,etc

riki
September 07, 2012, 09:08 PM
All of them are delicious all right. :XD

xi0
September 07, 2012, 09:09 PM
What's a food that everyone finds weird that you dislike/hate/don't care for?

Mine's popcorn :XD

riki
September 07, 2012, 09:20 PM
Popcorn's weird?

Hmm... I don't mind strawberry but I hate strawberry ice cream. Don't ask why though.

xi0
September 07, 2012, 10:03 PM
Well popcorn is a popular snack. At the movies and such. I never order it. I don't think it's gross, but I don't care for it.

But Strawberry Haagen-Dasz is sooo good :XD

Let me guess, you wouldn't like strawberry milk either? :nowant

riki
September 07, 2012, 10:30 PM
How did you know? :o

xi0
September 07, 2012, 10:37 PM
Well I don't know if I've met anyone who likes it :oh

riki
September 07, 2012, 10:47 PM
During work, I saw some kids picked that flavored milk for lunch, but chocolate milk is still popular. Oh, there is now vanilla milk too.

xi0
September 07, 2012, 10:51 PM
Oh right. When I was in school they only had different milk and then chocolate milk. I don't think flavored milk should be allowed...:XD

riki
September 07, 2012, 10:53 PM
True, those flavored milks have a lot of sugar.

When I was in elementary school, we would shake the milk cartoon before opening it because we were making "milkshake." :XD

xi0
September 07, 2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah I knew people who did that :XD

I also found it weird that the milk was larger than something like orange juice :blink

scav
September 07, 2012, 10:56 PM
vanilla milk forever :hip

riki
September 07, 2012, 11:00 PM
Yeah I knew people who did that :XD

And I still do it out of habit. Some of the kids looked at me strangely so I just explained it to them. LOL

I also found it weird that the milk was larger than something like orange juice :blink

You mean how the milk is in a cartoon while the juices are in those dinky cups?

Oh, the kids at my school district sometimes have this slushie-type (ICEE) cup for lunch, and I'm so jealous. Why didn't they have them when I was in school? :bored

xi0
September 08, 2012, 10:55 PM
You mean how the milk is in a cartoon while the juices are in those dinky cups?

Oh, the kids at my school district sometimes have this slushie-type (ICEE) cup for lunch, and I'm so jealous. Why didn't they have them when I was in school? :bored

No, when I was in school they were both in cartons but the juice was always smaller. I found it odd.

ICEE? :zomg They're so much better than Slurpees...........not that I partake in either much.

riki
September 08, 2012, 11:15 PM
Probably because juice has more sugar than milk?

I usually have ICEE/slushie during the hot summer especially since Speedway have a $0.99 deal until Labor Day. :nod

xi0
September 09, 2012, 12:02 AM
Probably because juice has more sugar than milk?

I usually have ICEE/slushie during the hot summer especially since Speedway have a $0.99 deal until Labor Day. :nod

More than chocolate or flavored milk? :XD Plus orange juice has other benefits. Apple juice not so much.

Ah I see. Well I don't frequent convenience stores often enough I guess.

riki
September 09, 2012, 07:23 AM
I don't know. Ask one of the food suppliers. I don't have all of the answers, you know. :bored

Oh, goldb, I'm done with Ch. 8 so you're way behind now~

xi0
September 09, 2012, 07:52 AM
Okay, fine I won't post anymore ._.

riki
September 09, 2012, 08:02 AM
Umm... let's change the subject.

Are you ready for football today?

xi0
September 09, 2012, 08:06 AM
You reacted so tsuntsun to me. I wonder if it's because you're worried for your Bungles health tomorrow? :?bunny

:3c

Yeah I guess I am. I slept all day yesterday, wasn't feeling well. I've been up since 9 pm last night but I have to work a bit. I'll probably be done before the games start though. Maybe I'll be able to stay up that way and try to be normal :fail

riki
September 09, 2012, 08:11 AM
:?bunny

Oh, Cincy is playing Baltimore tomorrow. LOL

Feeling better now?

xi0
September 09, 2012, 08:19 AM
You didn't know? D:

Well yes except that I haven't slept and need to go do some physical labor. But at least it's 10+ degrees cooler out than it has been recently :clap

riki
September 09, 2012, 08:20 AM
No. I really don't follow NFL as much as college football :sweatbunny

Maybe you should take a nap?

xi0
September 09, 2012, 08:22 AM
Really? Well I guess it might be expected with where you live. But I don't really follow College all that much. Too many teams.

Me and naps don't get along well. I'll probably end up waking up around 4 pm -_-;

riki
September 09, 2012, 08:31 AM
It's probably because I have low expectations on the Ohioan teams. :XD

Naps do not work well with me either. I always have trouble sleeping at nighttime and that ruins my schedule for tomorrow.

xi0
September 09, 2012, 09:00 AM
Yeah but the Bengals should be decent again this year. Plus Cleveland is rebuilding but they shouldn't be as bad as last year.

I guess it depends on when you nap. I know some who nap every day and I just can't do it. If I sleep I SLEEEEP

riki
September 09, 2012, 09:40 AM
My friends and I joked that Cincy teams are good every four years. :XD True about the Browns though. I think they will be better off now since their new owner is a huge football fan so he should know what he is doing.

xi0
September 09, 2012, 09:40 AM
When was the last time the Reds were good? :teehee

riki
September 09, 2012, 10:32 AM
Isn't the Reds #1 in their division?

xi0
September 09, 2012, 04:02 PM
This year they might be. I'm just talking about postseason appearances I guess.

riki
September 09, 2012, 04:05 PM
Yeah, the Reds probably messed up during the post season as usual. :XD

xi0
September 09, 2012, 04:50 PM
The Browns were surprising :o

Not sure if it was more about the Eagles being bad though. I was watching NFL RedZone so didn't see the entire game.

riki
September 09, 2012, 05:10 PM
It was an ugly game - a lot of turnovers from both teams. :fail

I have to admit that Browns did pretty decent today.

xi0
September 09, 2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah I'm not doing well in Pick'em :fail

riki
September 09, 2012, 05:40 PM
Pick'em?

xi0
September 09, 2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah just picking each game week to week for cash prizes :edu

riki
September 09, 2012, 06:34 PM
And how are you doing so far?

xi0
September 09, 2012, 07:19 PM
I have't even bothered to tally it. I just noticed I was wrong on a bunch of games :s

riki
September 09, 2012, 07:33 PM
:comfort

xi0
September 09, 2012, 07:35 PM
It's alright. Hopefully I'll at least make my money back this year :crying

riki
September 09, 2012, 09:16 PM
:huh

Please tell me you didn't lose a lot of money

xi0
September 09, 2012, 09:26 PM
Oh no. It's just $10 a week. If you know what you're doing you at least make your money back :XD

I'm not the gambling type :p

riki
September 09, 2012, 09:30 PM
Maybe you will do better next week.

Sure, you aren't. *cough*

xi0
September 09, 2012, 09:37 PM
I'm not. It's the first year I've done it and I've played Fantasy before but never for money ._.

riki
September 09, 2012, 09:38 PM
I know. I was just teasing you. :p

Are you watching the game right now?

xi0
September 09, 2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah....go Broncos :yelling

riki
September 09, 2012, 09:56 PM
I don't really care which team wins though Big Ben graduated from my alma mater, but then he is a sleazebag...

scav
September 10, 2012, 10:14 AM
rikiki swan :hurr

riki
September 10, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yes?

xi0
September 10, 2012, 03:57 PM
I actually picked the Steelers but was happy to see them lose. Maybe after tonight we'll be first place in the division already :derp

riki
September 10, 2012, 03:58 PM
Don't count the chickens before they hatch. :derp

xi0
September 10, 2012, 04:13 PM
Don't count the chickens before they hatch. :derp

I'm not. We'll be the only team in the division with a win when we beat you :blush

scav
September 12, 2012, 02:37 AM
any of you watch the LFL here? :hurr

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Yes?

how are you

xi0
September 12, 2012, 02:48 AM
LFL?

goldb
September 12, 2012, 10:42 AM
Lesbian Football League? :oh

scav
September 12, 2012, 12:35 PM
wow im disappointed guys :o. oh well google it :derp

xi0
September 12, 2012, 02:03 PM
Oh, Lingerie Football League or something?

U srs? :yodawg

scav
September 12, 2012, 02:32 PM
course i am, its sport :hurr

riki
September 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
how are you

Fine. You?

I'm taking a little break from my novel to focus on planning a short story. ^^ It's going to be sci-fi, mystery, and thriller type dealy.

A serial killer is terrorizing a city, which is already full of decay and filth. In spite of the police's effort in capturing this criminal, he or she remains elusive or rather discrepancies in the evidence make sociopath's identity difficult to determine. For how can they catch a killer who seems to change his or her identity?

Oh, here are some funny work stories:

8th Grade

One of the other intervention specialist wanted some writing samples from the students so during supplemental (study hall for kids with special needs), I told the kids who did not have homework to work on it.

Me: Oh, the paper must be at least 3/4 of the page
Boy #1: What!? My hand is going to hurt writing that much.
Me: Just do it. :eyeroll

-

Another boy turned it in. I looked at what he wrote:

Boy #2's Paper: I can't wate to go home *repeated*
Me: *handing him another looseleaf* Do it again. This time, don't write one sentence over and over again. Write about your favorite sport teams, music, whatever and why.
Boy #2: Awww man

Later, he handed it in
Boy #2: My favorite football team is Ohio State *repeated*
Me: Do it again. This time, explain why you like the team
Boy #2: But I don't know!
Me: Do you like any of the players? The coaches?
Boy #2: I don't know!
Me: Well, think of something!

Afterward, the boy turned in his third paper
Boy #2's Paper: Because I live in Ohio *repeated*
Me: :fail I'll let the teacher deals with you.

Kindergarten

I was supposed to work with a student so the teacher introduced him to me
Boy: Hi, I'm 7.
Me: Nice to meet you.
Boy: I'm 7 years old. Are you 8?
Me: Nope
Boy: 9?
Me: Nope. Not even close
Boy: 6?
Me: Nope
Boy: 3?
Me: Nope. If I were 3 years old, I would be smaller than you! :amuse
Boy: Are you 0 year old?
Me: *laugh* If I were 0 year old, I would be a baby!

-

Boy: Hi, I'm 10 years old
Me: No, you're not.

Oh, Gats, did you read Ch. 11 (http://www.dragonmount.com/Books/Memory_of_Light/chapter11.php) from A Memory of Light?

Imperium
September 17, 2012, 10:10 PM
What did you do about your laptop? Its still the same?

riki
September 17, 2012, 10:11 PM
It was somewhat sluggish this morning, but it's okay now. ^^

I think everything is back to normal. :)

benelori
September 18, 2012, 08:22 AM
A day in school (http://www.booha.ro/urmareste?id=2724)

Hopefully that didn't happen with you in the classroom:XD

riki
September 21, 2012, 06:33 PM
No, I don't recall anything like that happened to me before.

Though today was very eventful. First, a kindergartner in the morning class missed her bus so we have to go to the office and called her dad to pick her up. Then in the afternoon class, this boy threw up all over his table so we have to move everyone else to the library. I felt bad for the kid because all of his classmates were making a big deal about it (e.g. "Eww! He threw up!"). But then, it was one of the kids' birthday and she gave everyone a treat bag so that somewhat balanced the day out. :derp

Speaking of which...

Kindergarten

At the end of the day, the kids were lining up to go home
Girl: I feel bad for [sick boy].
Boy: I don't

Little kids are so brutally honest. :XD

---------- Post added September 21, 2012 at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was September 18, 2012 at 05:55 PM ----------

Another work story

Multi-handicapped resource room, K-2

We have a kindergartner who sometimes misbehaved. Whenever he does, the aides would threaten to send him to the principal's office or call her, which usually does the trick. At the end of the day, he acted up again.

Aide: The principal is outside right now helping with bus duty so if I have to come get her, you're in big trouble!
Boy: Don't! Don't!

As they were walking to his car, she noticed a teacher coming in
Aide: Is Ms. Miller (the principal) coming? ;)
Teacher: Oh yes, she's coming here as soon as she deals with an issue ;)

As the aide and the driver strapped the kids into their car seats, the kid was panicking
Boy: We have to get out of here fast, fast, fast!
Driver: :confused Why is that?
Boy: If we get out of here right now, Ms. Miller won't catch me!

Doraku
September 21, 2012, 06:50 PM
Hi, riki.

So you love to write, that's super cool :hee. Do you write professionally?

riki
September 21, 2012, 06:54 PM
Do you like to write as well?

LOL No, this is just a hobby for now. I did submit a story to Tor.com but I don't expect to hear from them until a couple months for now. :amuse

Right now I'm a substitute teacher which is why I get some amusing work stories.

Doraku
September 21, 2012, 07:06 PM
Do you like to write as well?

LOL No, this is just a hobby for now. I did submit a story to Tor.com but I don't expect to hear from them until a couple months for now. :amuse

Right now I'm a substitute teacher which is why I get some amusing work stories.

Well, I can say I write semi-professionally as a part time job, but my works are mostly news articles or columns, so I cannot say that I'm a writer, more like a journalist :XD

Wpw,even though that's a hobby, that's a great hobby. I'm lacking imagination as well as experience to write fiction, thus I even cannot enjoy my own story.

You get the ideas from your students?

benelori
September 21, 2012, 07:18 PM
I'm taking a little break from my novel to focus on planning a short story. ^^ It's going to be sci-fi, mystery, and thriller type dealy.

I'm looking forward to this:nod...do you have a premise in mind?

riki
September 21, 2012, 09:09 PM
Ugh. I wrote a reply but my internet acted up. *sigh*

Well, I can say I write semi-professionally as a part time job, but my works are mostly news articles or columns, so I cannot say that I'm a writer, more like a journalist :XD

I see. Well, you are a writer still. What is your main focus btw (e.g. national news, international news, sports, etc.)?

Wpw,even though that's a hobby, that's a great hobby. I'm lacking imagination as well as experience to write fiction, thus I even cannot enjoy my own story.

Awww... thanks. :sweatbunny

You get the ideas from your students?

Not really. My story ideas usually popped randomly in my head (mostly when I'm asleep aka dreaming) though I get my inspirations from books, movies, anime, manga, and music. For example, my sci-fi story was inspired because the eighth graders at one of the middle schools are reading Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None.

I'm looking forward to this:nod...do you have a premise in mind?

Thanks, I hope it will meet your expectations. ^^;

Yes, I have a premise in mind and the ending already planned out. So far I have around 10 pages of notes, which is impressive since I usually write off the top of my head. :XD goldb can attest to that one. :nod

If it's good enough, I will probably submit it to Tor.com after I get feedback from my first submission. ^^

scav
September 22, 2012, 04:10 AM
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ heeyyyy sexy laaaaaadyyy

ヘ( ̄ー ̄ヘ) Op

(ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ Op

(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜 Op

〜( ̄△ ̄〜) Op

(☞゚∀゚)☞ Oppan Gangnam Style

riki
September 23, 2012, 12:55 PM
Have you seen the Naval Academy version? It's pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhHufV9g4k4

Gats
September 26, 2012, 02:31 PM
First chapter of Wheel of Time : A Memory of light online :blai
http://www.tor.com/stories/2012/09/a-memory-of-light-chapter-1-qeastward-the-wind-blewq?et_cid=29574106&et_rid=59218605&linkid=http%3a%2f%2fwww.tor.com%2fstories%2f2012%2f09%2fa-memory-of-light-chapter-1-qeastward-the-wind-blewq

riki
September 26, 2012, 02:54 PM
OMG, OMG, OMG :wtf

Thanks for the heads-up :hug

scav
September 26, 2012, 02:56 PM
hum this thread is kinda dead lately :headscratch

Gats
September 26, 2012, 03:25 PM
OMG, OMG, OMG :wtf

Thanks for the heads-up :hug

I just finished to read it. I'm soooo pumped up. :blai :blai :blai

riki
September 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
Same here :blai :blai :blai

Why can't January be here already!? :bored

@scav
Revive it then :cookiehand

scav
September 26, 2012, 03:30 PM
you want some spam powder? :zomg

riki
September 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
If you want

scav
September 26, 2012, 03:33 PM
what do you mean by "if you want", so u dont want? :poke

riki
September 26, 2012, 03:42 PM
If you want to spam, go ahead as long as it's not... bad.

scav
September 26, 2012, 03:42 PM
define what do you call bad spam? :lmao

riki
September 26, 2012, 03:50 PM
Anything gross or too perverted?

scav
September 26, 2012, 03:51 PM
just a little perverted then? :hurr

Gats
September 26, 2012, 03:52 PM
Same here :blai :blai :blai

Why can't January be here already!? :bored

J...Ja...January.... NO. :gwah

I won't have the time to read it. :scry

I feared that Rand would look too much like a holy man since his recent self illumination but he is really fine as he is now.

scav
September 26, 2012, 03:55 PM
what is that novel u guys talking about? enlighten me :headscratch

riki
September 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
J...Ja...January.... NO. :gwah

I won't have the time to read it. :scry

Yep, it's coming out around my b-day so it will be my b-day gift to myself. :nod

I feared that Rand would look too much like a holy man since his recent self illumination but he is really fine as he is now.

IIRC, Sanderson said that Rand appeared to be saintlike to the others, but he was still the same person except less mad. LOL

So based on what I've read, Rand has decided to finally end the battle by defeating the Dark One once and for all. Makes me curious on how he will accomplish that goal.

what is that novel u guys talking about? enlighten me :headscratch

The Wheel of Time series by the late Robert Jordan. Brandon Sanderson is finishing the series and the last book is finally coming out early next year.

Gats and I are discussing about it. :nod

scav
September 26, 2012, 04:13 PM
lol never heard about that, it's that popular?

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Btw there is that anime called sword art online (http://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online) about MMO, just like yureka. you should watch it. it's my fav anime atm.

riki
September 26, 2012, 04:22 PM
Yeah, it's pretty popular though not as popular as ASoIaF.

I know about the series. I'm planning to watch it as soon as I'm not that busy.

scav
September 26, 2012, 04:24 PM
lol what's keeping you busy atm?

riki
September 26, 2012, 04:31 PM
Work and writing my story

Farfalla
September 26, 2012, 05:08 PM
BTW, MARIKA ROCKS!
Plant freak!

riki
September 26, 2012, 05:10 PM
LOL

It took me awhile to figure out what you meant until it dawned on me that you're talking about the first part of her chapter. :amuse

goldb
September 26, 2012, 05:14 PM
How's the chapter coming along?

riki
September 26, 2012, 05:34 PM
I'm done with the first part. *cough*18pages*cough*

I'm proofreading it right now and will post it up soon. :nod

goldb
September 26, 2012, 05:42 PM
I'm done with the first part. *cough*18pages*cough*

I'm proofreading it right now and will post it up soon. :nod

Cool, I'll try to read it Friday on my day off :chu

How was the rest of your day?

riki
September 26, 2012, 05:47 PM
Pretty good.

Work went well and some of the students recognized me from last year. ^^

Gats
September 27, 2012, 12:35 PM
@Riki :
*I don't know, he talked about wiping the current seals and reforging a new one with Perrin, so it doesn't sound like he think he think he can destroy the Dark One. It seems obvious that he will need the power of both Aes Sedai and Ashaman to forge something new. Before, Lews Therin did alone with men only (well he can't really be blamed, the Aes Sedai refused to participate after all). The prophecy sounds too much like sacrifice, by mentioning the blood of the Dragon. But really....raaah I don't know !! I mean in the future Aviendha saw, the Dragon Reborn seemed to disappear after the defeat of the Dark One, it isn't a good sign. But again, this future is meant to be reshaped.

riki
September 27, 2012, 03:25 PM
@Riki :
*I don't know, he talked about wiping the current seals and reforging a new one with Perrin, so it doesn't sound like he think he think he can destroy the Dark One. It seems obvious that he will need the power of both Aes Sedai and Ashaman to forge something new. Before, Lews Therin did alone with men only (well he can't really be blamed, the Aes Sedai refused to participate after all). The prophecy sounds too much like sacrifice, by mentioning the blood of the Dragon. But really....raaah I don't know !! I mean in the future Aviendha saw, the Dragon Reborn seemed to disappear after the defeat of the Dark One, it isn't a good sign. But again, this future is meant to be reshaped.

Rand definitely needs the female Aes Sedai to work with him and he knows that he has to convince Egwene.

I think Moridin will merge with Rand and tried to seize control of the shared body in order for the Dragon to join the Dark One's side. I believe Slayer (Lord Luc and Lan's cousin) was an experiment to see if two bodies and souls can become one and since that worked, the Dark One is going to try that on the Dragon Reborn. It will probably be successful since Rand would need that former damane to "kill" him. Then after he defeated the Dark One once and for all, he would fake his death and only a few would know the truth aka Rand's ladies, Logain (since he was laughing over Rand's "grave" in Egwene's dream), and others who were involved with his fake death.

He'll probably "retire" to the Mountain of the Mist (the place where he was dreaming in the last book) since no one will really bother him there. Besides, it would be Mat, Egwene, Perrin and the others' turns to make sure that the world will turn out okay. Min will probably keep him company and the other two can always travel there to visit him. That's my theory anyway.

scav
September 27, 2012, 03:39 PM
but rand die later :worrybunny

riki
September 27, 2012, 03:47 PM
Well, of course he will die eventually. He's human after all. :cookiehand

scav
September 27, 2012, 03:50 PM
b but he dies young, so young :worrybunny

Gats
September 27, 2012, 04:01 PM
Rand definitely needs the female Aes Sedai to work with him and he knows that he has to convince Egwene.

I think Moridin will merge with Rand and tried to seize control of the shared body in order for the Dragon to join the Dark One's side. I believe Slayer (Lord Luc and Lan's cousin) was an experiment to see if two bodies and souls can become one and since that worked, the Dark One is going to try that on the Dragon Reborn. It will probably be successful since Rand would need that former damane to "kill" him. Then after he defeated the Dark One once and for all, he would fake his death and only a few would know the truth aka Rand's ladies, Logain (since he was laughing over Rand's "grave" in Egwene's dream), and others who were involved with his fake death.

He'll probably "retire" to the Mountain of the Mist (the place where he was dreaming in the last book) since no one will really bother him there. Besides, it would be Mat, Egwene, Perrin and the others' turns to make sure that the world will turn out okay. Min will probably keep him company and the other two can always travel there to visit him. That's my theory anyway.

Wow I need a reminder about Slayer, I don't remember with who he has been fusioned. So basically for you Rand will be Yoda in the end. He will chill out in Dagobah Moutain of the Mist, waiting for one of his grandchildren to come in order to beat down the Empire Seachan Empire. :derp
Yeah remember what Aviendha saw through her future legacy and she is back to prevent that. So how this will influence Rand's battle ? Oh my, this made me think he has still to....kneel in front of the Empress. After the angry and dark display he made last time, I fear he'll feel the need to do so to make amend and reunite as much people as possible. :/

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

b but he dies young, so young :worrybunny

Death is not final in the Wheel of Time's universe, unless you kill the guy with a power named "balefire". You'll be reborn one way or another in the (distant) future for the Wheel of Time's need.

riki
September 27, 2012, 05:35 PM
Wow I need a reminder about Slayer, I don't remember with who he has been fusioned. So basically for you Rand will be Yoda in the end. He will chill out in Dagobah Moutain of the Mist, waiting for one of his grandchildren to come in order to beat down the Empire Seachan Empire. :derp
Yeah remember what Aviendha saw through her future legacy and she is back to prevent that. So how this will influence Rand's battle ? Oh my, this made me think he has still to....kneel in front of the Empress. After the angry and dark display he made last time, I fear he'll feel the need to do so to make amend and reunite as much people as possible. :/

Nah, I just think he will spend the rest of his time in peace, which is the way he wants to be.

Aviendha needs to talk to Rand because he still hasn't give the Aiel directions on what they should do.

As for the prophecy of Rand's bowing before Fortuna (Tuon), I remembered reading somewhere that it was a Two Rivers custom for a man to bow before the happy couple to congratulate them on their marriage. I think Rand will do so after he found out Mat and Fortuna's marriage so he will fulfill that prophecy in a way that Fortuna would not expect. :XD

I think the Senchean will be more willing to compromise with Rand especially after they saw the Trollocs and realized that the threat is real. Likewise, she will probably be affected by Rand's t'avern (sp) effect now that he's been saved by the Light. IIRC, Tuon would have agreed to Rand's terms but she was frightened by his dark aura.

Googlez_kun
September 27, 2012, 08:28 PM
The Monster Hunter vid you posted in my thread was too much for me. The trailer kinda put me off, but man, this looks sweet.

Everything wants me to buy a 3DS, it's a pain. D:

scav
October 02, 2012, 12:27 PM
oi riki i heard you gonna play the mafia game this time :3c

riki
October 02, 2012, 03:42 PM
@Googlez
Maybe I should show you another trailer.

You can wait to get the 3DS. The game won't be out for a while.

@scav
Then someone has told you wrong~ :blush

scav
October 02, 2012, 03:43 PM
i see, then why dont u join and make him a surprise? :3c

riki
October 02, 2012, 03:44 PM
But I want to prove him wrong

scav
October 02, 2012, 03:45 PM
what do you gain by doing that?

goldb
October 02, 2012, 03:49 PM
How was your day today? :chu

riki
October 02, 2012, 03:56 PM
@scav
Pleasure from seeing them miserable :derp

@goldb
Hey :chu

It was good. I worked with 1st and 2nd graders with behavioral issues and they were very nice. ^^

Oh, I think I'm almost done with Ch. 9.

How was your day?

scav
October 02, 2012, 03:59 PM
don't you think that would be a bit rude? maybe his intention wasn't bad and he just want to play with you

goldb
October 02, 2012, 04:10 PM
@goldb
Hey :chu

It was good. I worked with 1st and 2nd graders with behavioral issues and they were very nice. ^^

Oh, I think I'm almost done with Ch. 9.

How was your day?

Glad you had a nice day :amuse I was planning on reading part 1 but now I have no time til the following week...:bored

Work was tiring, had to set up 4 tiers of covers for a high profile equestrian event from tomorrow til Sunday. Suiting up from tomorrow! :hip

riki
October 02, 2012, 04:23 PM
@scav
And who would be someone be? :p

@goldb
That sounds like fun but exhausting.

I hope nothing bad happens while you're at work. ^^

scav
October 02, 2012, 04:24 PM
Maybe he don't wanna reveal his identity until you make a decision, so he won't be embarrassed

goldb
October 02, 2012, 04:31 PM
@goldb
That sounds like fun but exhausting.

I hope nothing bad happens while you're at work. ^^

Yeah I've done it for the last 4 out 5 years now and I always take a few days off afterwards cos it's so physically demanding. Luckily this time I'm with the management team so I shouldn't have to walk like crazy. :XD

Don't worry, I'm far away from the horses but because this is the finest hospitality area, we are actually inside the arena so you can smell all their crap. I don't know how people can eat whilst having that smell fly by to be fair,,,

riki
October 02, 2012, 04:33 PM
@scav
Oh, I see, scav. ^^

@goldb
Maybe they're used to the smell?

scav
October 02, 2012, 04:34 PM
so are you gonna join them riki?

goldb
October 02, 2012, 04:40 PM
@goldb
Maybe they're used to the smell?

I wouldn't be surprised, they are mostly horsebreeders and poncy so they obviously are lol.

Is chavo bothering you sweetie? :-_-

scav
October 02, 2012, 04:41 PM
Is chavo bothering you sweetie? :-_-
:ck

goldb
October 02, 2012, 04:45 PM
:ck

Ok scav :hee

riki
October 02, 2012, 04:45 PM
You boys can fun with each other. :amuse

I'm off to make dinner

scav
October 02, 2012, 04:46 PM
you like it? :iik

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

riki-swan he said he'll give you a gift if you join

goldb
October 02, 2012, 04:47 PM
You boys can fun with each other. :amuse

I'm off to make dinner

No thanks, you can babysit him once you've had your meal. I'm off to bed. Enjoy your meal :chu

Behave scav~

riki
October 02, 2012, 09:15 PM
Stop putting words in people's mouth, scav. :amuse

Some help you are, goldb :-_-

scav
October 02, 2012, 09:53 PM
i'm not. he really said it. why don't u believe me?

riki
October 02, 2012, 10:03 PM
Prove it

scav
October 02, 2012, 10:06 PM
i can't prove it lol. but why will i lie to you? learn to trust :hee

goldb
October 03, 2012, 01:25 AM
Stop putting words in people's mouth, scav. :amuse

Some help you are, goldb :-_-

It's scav, come on....:teehee

But okay, :toilet Better?

riki
October 03, 2012, 06:09 AM
Yes :nod

scav
October 03, 2012, 06:16 AM
@bob u're wrong, why it would be me im not even playing? :hmph and mind your own busniness :smack

@riki that violence toward me make you feel better? :gwah i lost the respect i had for you :crying

riki
October 03, 2012, 06:38 AM
You know we love to tease you, scav :amuse

Farfalla
October 03, 2012, 09:56 PM
Oh, riki! Another thing that reminded me of you XD

We went to have dinner at my older sister's home, and there she told us that my 6y niece was giving her a hard time, so my sis said to her: You've been so difficult do deal with lately...
And my niece replied: Well, I'll call grandma and ask her if you were easy to deal with when you were my age!
XDDD

God, kids can be so smart it's scary...

riki
October 03, 2012, 10:20 PM
From the mouth of babes indeed. :nod

Oh, I have a funny work story.

I was working with children with developmental disabilties, and the aides told me a story of what happened yesterday. The fourth graders had Pioneer Day so they went to a 19th century log cabin, which was located next to the school, to learn about pioneer life from volunteers. The ESL teacher brought in some of her chickens and of the students wanted to touch it. The aides showed concern since he tended to be rough and told the ESL teacher about it.

Aide: We don't want [name] to touch your chicken because he might break its beak and hurt it.
ESL Teacher: Oh, it's okay. If it got damaged, we can always have it for dinner tonight. :amuse
Aide: :gwah

LOL

goldb
October 04, 2012, 02:20 AM
@bob u're wrong, why it would be me im not even playing? :hmph and mind your own busniness :smack

That's not what I meant though....:oh and she is my business :hee

xi0
October 04, 2012, 02:24 AM
Oh damns :popcorn

Farfalla
October 04, 2012, 07:01 AM
The poor chicken Ç.Ç

scav
October 04, 2012, 07:40 AM
That's not what I meant though....:oh and she is my business :hee

so nobody can talk to riki without you putting your noise in it? jelly that much? :teehee

riki
October 04, 2012, 03:17 PM
*cough*awkward*cough*

Anyway, I got another work story

2nd grade

I told the students to rip some pages from their math workbook out and some accidentally ripped the papers (though I suspected some did it on purpose) so I taped the pages back together.

Me: *after seeing a line being formed* Okay, boys and girls, please don't tear your papers on purpose.
Boy: *handed me his papers* I tore my papers accidentally and on purpose
Me: Isn't that an oxymoron? :-_- Which one was it? Did you do it accidentally or on purpose?

Kids... :fail

goldb
October 04, 2012, 07:10 PM
so nobody can talk to riki without you putting your noise in it? jelly that much? :teehee

Jelly of what? :oh And who's stopping you from speaking to her? :gwah She enjoys your visits to her thread I imagine....:derp

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways, riki how was your day? :chu

riki
October 04, 2012, 07:14 PM
Pretty good. I worked in 2nd grade today. The students were pretty good but chatty though I had difficulty with one kid. Luckily, the 1st grade teacher across the hall took him to her room after informing him that he wasn't ready for 2nd grade. Afterward, he was so timid and embarrassed. :derp

And I'm almost done with Ch. 9. ^^

How was your day? :chu

Doraku
October 04, 2012, 08:27 PM
So riki, are you teaching in Elementary school?

By the way, I have been wanting to read The Ilmarians, and probably I will read it ASAP so I can give any comments.

riki
October 16, 2012, 07:43 PM
Yes, today. Tomorrow I will be working in a middle school so I have to go to bed early.

I hope you like it. ^^

---------- Post added October 05, 2012 at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was October 04, 2012 at 09:31 PM ----------

Chapter 9 is complete!

You know where to find it so yeah.

---------- Post added October 10, 2012 at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was October 05, 2012 at 05:37 PM ----------

Another work story

4th Grade

The students were getting a little bit too loud so I quieted them down
Me: Okay, 4th grade, quiet down
Boy: We're not in 4th grade. We're in junior high
Me: Okay then, if you're in junior high, solve this problem. *wrote on the board*

4a + 3b = 2a - 4b

Me: Solve for a.
Kids: :gwah What do the variables stand for?
Me: Nothing. Have fun solving :amuse

Anyway, I have 236 pages so far for The Ilmarians. At this rate, it will probably be over 300 pages when I'm done. :derp

---------- Post added October 16, 2012 at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was October 10, 2012 at 08:48 PM ----------

Some funny stories from preschool

So we have two boys in the morning class celebrating their birthday today. We decided to hand out one boy's treat b/c he has enough for both classes (we combine two classes together) while the other only have enough for his class only. Unfortunately, he didn't bring enough treat bags so we told him that he wouldn't get one b/c he most likely has some at home. Let's just say he wasn't happy

Boy: *crying and throwing a tantrum*
Aide: I'm sorry, sweetie, but we don't have enough. Your mommy only gave us 12 bags and we have 13 kids in the class. It wouldn't be fair to your classmates if one of them didn't get any.
Boy: But I want one!
Aide: Honey, you can't. I know you're upset about it. We can't just take a treat bag away from one of your classmates and give it back to you.
Boy: Kylie!
Aide: We're not going to take Kylie's treat bag and give it to you! :notrust

I was reading a book about apples and pumpkins. In one part, the mom gave out apples during Trick-or-Treat
Me: Would you guys like to get apples for Trick-or-Treat?
Girl: NO!

We had extra time so I decided to ask the kids what they will be for Halloween
Boy #1: I'm going to be Batman!
Me: Ohhh, Batman! *sang* Nananana.... nanana... Batman!
Boy #1: I'm going to BE Batman not sing about him!

-

Boy #2: I'm going to Batman too!
Me: Oh, double trouble! We have two Batmen!
Girl *in Valley Girl voice* AWK-WARD!

:XD

Doraku
October 16, 2012, 08:20 PM
Being a teacher is wonderful, I suppose. :)

riki
October 16, 2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah, it can be. Stressful as well, but then all jobs are like that. :XD

Doraku
October 16, 2012, 08:34 PM
Yeah, it can be. Stressful as well, but then all jobs are like that. :XD

But I think it's fun you know, to have anecdotes like that often. :nod

What's your hobby besides writing, riki?

riki
October 16, 2012, 08:42 PM
Umm... reading? LOL

I also like to cook and bake though I haven't have time to do that lately.

scav
October 17, 2012, 09:34 PM
cooking is your hobby? :lmao

riki
October 17, 2012, 10:12 PM
What's wrong with that?

I like cooking. :oh

scav
October 17, 2012, 10:13 PM
nothing wrong, that's fine :super

riki
October 17, 2012, 10:15 PM
Then why were you laughing? :-_-

scav
October 17, 2012, 10:21 PM
lol u guys will say im sexist again so nvm :XD
but seriously, that's fine :XD

xi0
October 17, 2012, 10:37 PM
No, I doubt we have to say it...

riki
October 18, 2012, 05:09 AM
Yeah, it's kinda too late... :XD

Imperium
October 18, 2012, 05:27 AM
HAHAHA YOU SHOULD BE IN THE KITCHEN. BECAUSE FEMALE.

It is never too late...

Farfalla
October 18, 2012, 07:32 AM
What's your fav dish, riki?^^ (for cooking, not tasting xD)

riki
October 18, 2012, 01:29 PM
Oh, imp. What should I do with you?

Hmm... my favorite dish? Spaghetti is pretty easy to make so I guess that would be it. ^^

Work was interesting today. We had a blackout at the beginning of the day for ~50 minutes and the kids were upset when the power went back on. :XD From what I've heard, a firetruck slammed into an utility pole and caused the electricity to go out. :fail

digitaldude
October 18, 2012, 01:33 PM
I found your thread....now you never escape me.

:bob

Also, what do you think of the state of education in America?

riki
October 18, 2012, 01:38 PM
Oh no. I'm terrified now. :oh

Well, in my school district, we are trying to find way to save money and at the same time, save enough teacher and staff's jobs. I know that they cut technology classes. In other SDs, music, art, and gym have been cut so schools can focus on contents.

There are also issues with parents and students. While there are parents who participated and are involved with their children's learning, others don't care which is pretty sad. Likewise, there are students who feel like school is pointless and don't bother doing their work, which is frustrating especially if the parents do nothing about it.

digitaldude
October 18, 2012, 01:45 PM
This reminds me of that simpsons episode where they cut all the music art, lisa is like oh nooooooo and then they cut gym class and she is like meh.
Gym shouldn't be cut though, these kids are fat! art and music I think is logical because you need special teachers, plus there exists a lot of private circles for these subjects.

Do you favour obama or romney?

riki
October 18, 2012, 03:05 PM
I'm still undecided. I'm pretty meh toward politics overall

digitaldude
October 18, 2012, 03:08 PM
I did a survey in jorpeds thread and most people had the same attitude!

riki
October 18, 2012, 03:20 PM
I dunno. It seems like a huge popularity contest but the candidates have a lot of money and whatnot for campaigning.

I can't wait for the elections to be over b/c that means no more annoying political ads!

digitaldude
October 18, 2012, 03:21 PM
That's because ohio is a swing state! if you lived in Wyoming you would be at peace!

riki
October 18, 2012, 03:33 PM
:Haha So true

Maybe I should move to Wyoming then. :derp

xi0
October 18, 2012, 05:39 PM
Maryland isn't a swing state at all and we're still inundated with local ads, so doesn't really matter where you live :p

riki
October 18, 2012, 05:47 PM
You have a point.

At least you don't have the candidates visit your state over and over and over again.

xi0
October 18, 2012, 07:13 PM
I don't live in the city, so doesn't really matter to me :XD

riki
October 18, 2012, 07:56 PM
LOL Whenever one of them visit here, my family and I avoid the area since the streets are closed and traffic is all tied up.

scav
October 18, 2012, 08:01 PM

don't say that :crying

riki
October 18, 2012, 08:02 PM
:comfort

I know you're a kidder :)

goldb
October 18, 2012, 08:06 PM
scav is a good boy :nod

scav
October 18, 2012, 08:07 PM
:hi5

riki
October 18, 2012, 08:12 PM
So what's up, boys?

scav
October 18, 2012, 08:15 PM
been singing in portuguese, except that nothing special. what about you? any interesting games?

riki
October 18, 2012, 08:20 PM
Any favorite songs you like to sing? :amuse

I haven't played any new games lately though my brother finally moved some old save files from the PS3 to an external hard drive, which means that I can play Atelier Meruru finally :whoo

scav
October 18, 2012, 08:26 PM
favorite PT song? nothing like that :sweat, just the stuff in the vost thread.

Atelier Meruru? what's that? kinda the same here, i didn't play anything since more like a month. even thought i want to try NBA 2K13 and RE6, but im waiting for the prices to drop. But i already saved 120$ for Halo 4 ( the game, XBL registration and possible DLC ), can't wait for that one

riki
October 18, 2012, 08:29 PM
I see

You probably won't be interested in that game. It's a mixture of RPG and slice-of-life. I'll let wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atelier_Meruru:_The_Apprentice_of_Arland) explain it to you. ^^

$120!? That's a lot. :faint

scav
October 18, 2012, 08:32 PM
well the game will prolly be a 55$ at the release. XBL gold card cost 60$ a year. But Halo is the kind of game you never get tired of it. im still playing Halo reach whenever my friend come :hee

got nothing against RPG, its just most of them use the same formula. btw did i tell you that i played FF13 and i loved it

riki
October 18, 2012, 08:36 PM
I heard Halo is really good series. Isn't there supposed to be a Halo movie coming out? :headscratch

No, you haven't. That reminds me that I still need to finish FXIII-2 :XD

scav
October 18, 2012, 08:50 PM
I heard Halo is really good series. Isn't there supposed to be a Halo movie coming out? :headscratch

No, you haven't. That reminds me that I still need to finish FXIII-2 :XD
not really a movie. but a mini serie of 5 or 6 episodes.
and Halo have the most addictive multiplayer mode i ever saw. that's why it's popular.
it's kinda the same for me with FF13, i've finished the first disc, i said i'll start the 2nd disc later but got lazy.

What i really loved before was the tactital RPG. i remember at middle school i bought a gameboy advance just to play fire emblem. that game is the best, nailed it on the hardest difficult mode. after that i couldn't find something as good and as hard as fire emblem. i've finished FF tactics 1 ( made almost all the 300 mission, took me a whole summer ), valkyrie profile on DS or something like that. both left me a bit disappointed.

riki
October 18, 2012, 09:53 PM
Have you tried Radiant Historia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiant_Historia)? It's my favorite DS game. ^^

goldb
October 21, 2012, 09:10 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn167/goldb/avys%20and%20sigs/rikicamp2.png

:nod

digitaldude
October 21, 2012, 09:16 AM
Why is this thread started by mangahelpers?

riki
October 21, 2012, 09:59 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn167/goldb/avys%20and%20sigs/rikicamp2.png

:nod

Awww... and my username is in my favorite color!

I love the font btw.

There was a hiccup iirc. It was after the forum got revamped and whatnot.

digitaldude
October 21, 2012, 10:01 AM
So mangahelpers not gonna talk to us??

riki
October 21, 2012, 10:02 AM
I doubt it. You can try if you like.

Gats
October 21, 2012, 10:03 AM

riki is not what she appears to be.

There are rumors about her being the MH's IA.

digitaldude
October 21, 2012, 10:03 AM
*utters mangahelpers true name*

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

IA.....

Gats
October 21, 2012, 10:05 AM
A.I...

goldb
October 21, 2012, 10:10 AM
Awww... and my username is in my favorite color!

I love the font btw.

I made another version earlier, dunno if it's better.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn167/goldb/avys%20and%20sigs/rikicamp.png

You should get your sections minion to campaign for you :nod

riki
October 21, 2012, 10:13 AM

You found out my secret. :shifty

Sadly, I have to kill you now. :pwnge

BTW, do you know that there will be a WoT short story (http://www.dragonmount.com/index.php/News/book-news/unfettered-announced)?

I made another version earlier, dunno if it's better.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn167/goldb/avys%20and%20sigs/rikicamp.png

You should get your sections minion to campaign for you :nod

That looks nice too :hug

goldb
October 21, 2012, 10:16 AM
I was thinking of your chances in the coma wards, and most fashionable is a tough group. Which category would you like to win?