PDA

View Full Version : I'll follow you into the dark

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

riki
August 04, 2010, 01:46 PM
Welcome to version 2.0! :)

If you like to chat with me or ask me a question, post here!

MangaHelpers
May 08, 2012, 12:13 PM
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is 63088

[hr]

Version 4 - GET!

MangaHelpers
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is 70508

goldb
The badum? :huh

You've not seen the video I'm referring to? It's somewhere in the previous win thread iirc. But yeah, there's a radio station that plays that song many times throughout the day and it's just funny to think about. :hee

Ancy
May 08, 2012, 12:19 PM
I contributed to Riki version 3 :hee

goldb
May 08, 2012, 12:21 PM
Version 4! Hoorah! :bonclay

Ancy
May 08, 2012, 12:32 PM
version 4??

goldb
May 08, 2012, 12:41 PM
version 4??

Of this thread. I think so at least.

riki
May 08, 2012, 06:53 PM
Yep, this is version 4. Anyhow, I better reply to the posts in my old thread:

I like carrot sticks

But are you motivated by them? :derp

riki, everytime I listen to Gotye's Somebody I Used to Know, I always wait to hear the ""ba-dum!" from the video you posted a while ago in FF :hee

The badum? :huh

You've not seen the video I'm referring to? It's somewhere in the previous win thread iirc. But yeah, there's a radio station that plays that song many times throughout the day and it's just funny to think about. :hee

It's from one of the local radio stations. There is a morning show called Dave and Jimmy (it's now syndicated) and they like to do parody songs and whatnot. Jimmy sometimes would "enhance" a popular song by adding something and he decided to put in something special to Gotye's song. Here is the result (http://daveandjimmy.iheart.com/player/?station=DJMZ-IP&program_name=podcast&program_id=audio.xml&mid=22009103). :lmao

Jimmy also helped Matt Nathanson improve his hit, "Higher":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifqrGRm6j_k

Oh, goldb, I just finished watching The Avengers. Tis awesome. :super

benelori
May 08, 2012, 06:55 PM
...and it continued with a kiss...

goldb
May 08, 2012, 07:04 PM
Oh, goldb, I just finished watching The Avengers. Tis awesome. :super

Awesome, finally!

What was your favourite scene(s)? :blai

riki
May 08, 2012, 07:23 PM
There were a lot. Hmmm... :plot

The scene when Thor first confronted Loki ("We need to talk, brother" *got slammed by Iron Man* "I'm listening."), the scene when Stark figured out where Loki was planning his final attack, the scene when Hulk punched Thor after defeating that alien ship, the fight scene in NYC, and the secret ending.

goldb
May 08, 2012, 07:34 PM
There were a lot. Hmmm... :plot

The scene when Thor first confronted Loki ("We need to talk, brother" *got slammed by Iron Man* "I'm listening."), the scene when Stark figured out where Loki was planning his final attack, the scene when Hulk punched Thor after defeating that alien ship, the fight scene in NYC, and the secret ending.

Yep all those. Loved Thor's entrance; so epic and Loki's grin when he was describing to the rest what followed the thunder :zomg All of the Hulk's scenes were so cool to see and well animated. So in all the whole battle in NYC was awesome.

God I gotta watch it again. :hee

riki
May 09, 2012, 03:21 PM
Oh, I just remember another scene. It was when Agent Clousen was so flustered about meeting his idol, Capt. America ("Well, technically I first met you while I was watching you sleep. Uh, I mean keeping an eye on you while you were unconscious.") :lmao

goldb
May 09, 2012, 03:31 PM
Oh, I just remember another scene. It was when Agent Clousen was so flustered about meeting his idol, Capt. America ("Well, technically I first met you while I was watching you sleep. Uh, I mean keeping an eye on you while you were unconscious.") :lmao

The adoring look on his face when he said "....while I was watching you sleep" was priceless, that guy sure was funny; gonna miss him. He really played those awkward scenes with Captain America really well and even the scene with Loki.

riki
May 09, 2012, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I'll miss him too though in his wiki page, the actor said that he will be in Iron Man 3. Either that was a red herring or Nick Fury tricked the Avengers in order to unite them. I think it was the latter.

Gats
May 09, 2012, 03:37 PM
Oh GOSH MY EYES ARE BURNING. WHY DID I OPEN THIS THREAD?!!!!!

SPOILERS EVERYWHERE

*skip skip skip*

o/

riki
May 09, 2012, 03:38 PM
My bad :sweat

goldb
May 09, 2012, 03:44 PM
JYM I thought you'd seen it already? :worrybunny

Damnit riki, spoiler tags! now you've ruined it for him :derp

riki
May 09, 2012, 03:46 PM
I guess Gats is another one exiled from my thread. :derp

goldb
May 09, 2012, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I'll miss him too though in his wiki page, the actor said that he will be in Iron Man 3. Either that was a red herring or Nick Fury tricked the Avengers in order to unite them. I think it was the latter.

I'd hate to think his death was faked in order to unite the team though. I know Fury used his collection cards in order to emotionally manipulate them...

riki
May 09, 2012, 03:47 PM
Hmmm... maybe he will appear as a flashback?

goldb
May 09, 2012, 03:53 PM
I guess Gats is another one exiled from my thread. :derp

Another one? who else have you exiled from here? :eek

Hmmm... maybe he will appear as a flashback?

Yep, most likely so. Maybe some past interactions with Tony or Pepper's flashbacks.

riki
May 09, 2012, 03:54 PM
scav because he hasn't finished my story. I wonder if he finished by now...

Gats
May 09, 2012, 03:58 PM
JYM I thought you'd seen it already? :worrybunny

I know that the shitload of intel I brought you about the films makes me look that way but no. The only thing I saw aside one official extract and trailers, is the mini cutscene about Tony mentioning the restaurant at the end. Since I read before it was a about a cutscene for US only, so I checked it.

You've been fooled by a shadow on the wall. Trust me.

goldb
May 09, 2012, 04:13 PM
I know that the shitload of intel I brought you about the films makes me look that way but no. The only thing I saw aside one official extract and trailers, is the mini cutscene about Tony mentioning the restaurant at the end. Since I read before it was a about a cutscene for US only, so I checked it.

You've been fooled by a shadow on the wall. Trust me.

I'm still trying to find a good place to watch the Shawarma scene :bored

You planning to watch it anytime soon?

riki
May 09, 2012, 04:17 PM
Oh, it's hilarious

All of the Avengers just ate in silence while one of the workers swept the floor and another took care of the register. Everyone except for Stark and Banner wore their costumes

Gats
May 09, 2012, 04:19 PM
I'm still trying to find a good place to watch the Shawarma scene :bored

You planning to watch it anytime soon?

Not before the 16th included. Exams.

goldb
May 09, 2012, 04:29 PM
Oh, it's hilarious

All of the Avengers just ate in silence while one of the workers swept the floor and another took care of the register. Everyone except for Stark and Banner wore their costumes

Damn you americans, always wanna upstage everyone else. :scry

Not before the 16th included. Exams.

Ah yes, the exams. :bmgai

riki
May 09, 2012, 04:51 PM
USA! USA! USA! :shin

J/K

I'm sure you'll find that scene. ^^ IIRC, RDJ said that they filmed that scene after it premiered in Hollywood.

goldb
May 09, 2012, 05:06 PM
USA! USA! USA! :shin

J/K

I'm sure you'll find that scene. ^^ IIRC, RDJ said that they filmed that scene after it premiered in Hollywood.

Ah right, I guess it's just cos they wanted to give the americans something to brag about after having the movie released a week after Europe.

riki
May 09, 2012, 05:07 PM
Or maybe they just decided to film that scene. It seemed very random after all. :XD

scav
May 11, 2012, 02:42 AM
oi avengers best scene = Hulk vs Loki
best line = U wanna know my secret? i' m always angry

Farfalla
May 11, 2012, 05:37 AM
That line made no sense to me XD She asked him how he managed to control the Hulk, and he didn't have control over him (while in it's form). So didn't explain why he could decide to transform at any time.

riki
May 11, 2012, 06:14 AM
I think he meant that since he has controlled anger since he seemed to be in some kind of control when he battled in the last fight (didn't attack his allies except for that one scene, but then I think he was still somewhat upset about it :XD).

scav
May 11, 2012, 06:51 AM
he become hulk when he's angry.when stark taunted him, he didn't transform. then he said later that he's always angry, which mean all that time he controlled hulk and didn't let the anger burst in other word that mean he can release his anger or the hulk whenever he want.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

One more thing, he can control the Hulk. however when he change himself into hulk and when hulk decide to come it's 2 different things. at the beginning of the movie, thing were messed up, he was pissed off at the SHIELD and he didn't change into hulk but hulk came by itself. let's say he was at his limit and couldn't contain his anger anymore.

at the end. He changed himself into hulk after recognizing who were his allies and his enemies. And when he punched Thor, i believe it was a payback since their fight wasn't over

Farfalla
May 11, 2012, 06:57 AM
With that second part, it makes more sense now xD

riki
May 11, 2012, 03:32 PM
What was your favorite scene, falla?

Anyway, I met the boy whom I saw at a grocery store at work today. He was very happy to see me. ^^

goldb
May 11, 2012, 03:44 PM
What was your favorite scene, falla?

Anyway, I met the boy whom I saw at a grocery store at work today. He was very happy to see me. ^^

The one you met when you were with your mum? iirc

riki
May 11, 2012, 06:28 PM
Yeppers. That's the one. He was pretty excited about it.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Here is a snippet from the first chapter. I will probably revise it to make it sound better, but I'm going to take a break:

"Tell us the story of how the world was created again, Dad," Pendance begged as Kejuta tucked his sister and him in bed. Her husband smiled amusingly. The young boy always loved that story and asked for it a dozen times. It also helped that Thesben was a great storyteller.

"All right," he said gently as he sat on the edge of the bed. "This story was told to me by my mother, whose mother told her and so forth and so forth. Anyway, some of the gods' names have been lost due to the passage of time, but I'll try my best to recall them.

"A long time ago, eight deities gathered together and agreed to create a world to set their creations in. Each of them offered a drop of blood, which was collected into a small cup. Using their powers, the gods changed the mixture into a sphere, which became the foundation of our world. Then each god and goddess gave gifts for this new creation. Puria gave the world plants so that it would be covered with beauty while Merzak made the beasts to roam the land. Fuera gave the world water and Neria created the merfolk. Versen developed human beings whose thoughts and actions were their own. Aerius created the angels - winged ones that fly throughout the heavens. Duermon in turn formed the demons - pale-skinned humans with eyes that glistened like gems. When all was finished, the last goddess gave life to all of her brothers and sisters' creations.

"However, they realized that the animals and humans would overpopulate the world so the last god suggest to give them lifespans. Each god would tell him how long they wish for their creations to life. Versen wanted up to 100 years for his; Aerius, up to 700 years for hers; and Duermon, up to 750 years for his. Upon hearing that decisions, the last god granted their wishes and the world was finally completed. The gods decided to name their creation, Samara.

"Afterward some of the gods and goddesses came before their creations and taught them how to live in their new home. Puria taught them how to grow crops, Merzak taught them how to hunt, and Fuera showed them how to fish. Soon humans divided themselves based on whom they worshiped. Followers of Merzak were called Merzakians, Puria's followers were called Purians, and so forth. The angels became known as Aerians while the demons took the name of their creator and the merfolk are known as Neriads. Before long, most of the creations were able to perform magic, which was taught by a new goddess who was born on this world.

"Everything was right in the world. Unfortunately, the humans, Aerians, Duermons, and Neriads began to take their creators for granted and started to rebel. They waged war against the gods and their followers. They battled for several centuries but in the end, the gods won. However, it was at a huge cost. The gods were mortally wounded and before they disappear, they punished their creations. They separated the land into different continents and created barriers to hinder travels. Lastly, they decreed that certain descendants will be cursed. They will become immortal like their creators and their blood will provide life to the land. They will watch helplessly while everyone around them die and they will continue living until the day that the gods are appeased."

Pendance listened intently before finally asking, "So are Mommy and Adia two of the cursed descendants?" Kejuta and Thesben glanced each other hesitantly before he answered, "I'm not sure."

goldb
May 11, 2012, 06:45 PM
So that snippet is from Pendance's POV?

Nice creation story there. Really like the idea that each diety contributed to the creation of the world and what they brought to it.

riki
May 11, 2012, 06:47 PM
Chapter 1 will be from Kejuta's POV. I think that the chapter will be the longest of them. ^^

I just realized that I forgot to add the lifespan for the Neriads. >.>

goldb
May 12, 2012, 06:19 AM
THE AVENGERS SUMMARY: PART 1
Nick Fury: We have this unstable thing called the Baccarat or whatever and you can tell it has unlimited energy because it GLOWS
Loki: Hey guys I'm back did you miss me
Hawkeye: I did a little
Loki: K let's see what this spear or whatever does
Spear or whatever: BAZAM MOTHERFUCKERS
Loki: Right I'll be taking your Baccarat your scientist guy and your sexiest agent
Nick Fury: Hey so we need to do that Avenger thing now
Agent Coulson: That might take a really long time
Nick Fury: Whatever do it in montage
Bruce Banner: I'm the cuddliest version of the Hulk
Capt. Amuricur: Check out my sweet ass
Black Widow: Check out my boobs they're the only one's you'll see in this movie
Iron Man: When I made that suit I had no idea it would eventually be a cockblock
Hawkeye: I'm evil rn bbl
Thor: I'm in Asgard atm
Agent Coulson: Hey Captain so I may have caressed you while you were chillin' in a chunk of ice also I designed a costume for you do you want to be friends can I take a picture with you can I touch your abs seriously just lift your shirt for a second so I can touch them
Loki: I don't always dress like a human to be inconspicuous but when I do I immediately attack a German official in the middle of a party
Capt. Amuricur: We interrupt this program to bring you AMERICA
Iron Man: Sup Captain
Everyone: GAAAAAAAAAY
LATER, IN A PLANE
Thor: BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhug
Loki: Thor technically brohug doesn't apply because we're not even related
Thor: You'll always be my brother, Loki-chan. Now allow me to look deep into your eyes and invade your intimate personal space with my beard
Everyone: GAAAAAAAAAAY
Iron Man: IRON GLOMP
Thor: You wanna go motherfucker let's break the forest
Smokey the Bear: But Thor only you can prevent forest fires
Capt. Amuricur: GUYS STAWP IT
Loki: Eatspopcorn.gif
BACK AT THE FLOATING CASTLE LEGION OF DOOM
Bruce Banner: Sup
Iron Man: Hey I just met you and this is crazy but here's my number so call me maybe
Everyone: Shit now what the fuck do we ship
AFTER MUCH BANTER
Capt. Amuricur: What the fuck you're making nukes you nuke-makers
Bruce Banner: I am slightly ticked off
Iron Man: I think you should hulk out
Capt. Amuricur: Shut up tony or I'll invade your personal space
Iron Man: Not if I invade yours first
Capt. Amuricur: I am gonna fight you so hard later
Iron Man: You smell like justice
Everyone: GAAAAAAAAAAAY
Hawkeye: Still evil here
EXPLOSIONS OCCUR
Bruce Banner: It's not easy being green
Loki: I am escaping from my cage now
Thor: BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhug oh shit
Iron Man: Fixing things with science
Capt. Amuricur: Assisting with ab-power
Hawkeye: Fucking shit up with Arrows
Agent Coulson: Hey I'm about to be badass I hope Loki doesn't take me from behind teehee oh shit
Loki: I take people no other way
Loki: Lates Onee-san
Nick Fury: No Agent you can't die I don't know how to fill out paperwork
Agent Coulson: Tell Captain America.... I wrote.... twilight fanfiction.... about us.... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Nick Fury:
Agent Coulson: iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Nick Fury:
Agent Coulson: iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Everyone: He was a good man. He was a good agent. And The Avengers couldn't have existed without his sacrifice.
Everyone: Also GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

:faint

scav
May 12, 2012, 08:19 AM
oi riki u like fantasy story and video game, why don't u read Yureka? it's a manhwa about a video game fantasy-like and people playing in it. i'm pretty sure u'll love it :cookiehand

riki
May 12, 2012, 08:26 AM
@goldb
:lmao

Iron Man: Hey I just met you and this is crazy but here's my number so call me maybe

Great. Now I have that song stuck in my head. -_-;

@scav
I'll try it then

Link?

scav
May 12, 2012, 08:29 AM
@goldb
:lmao

@scav
I'll try it then

Link?

http://www.mangareader.net/1583/yureka.html

reading : left to right

goldb
May 12, 2012, 08:50 AM

Agent Coulson: Hey Captain so I may have caressed you while you were chillin' in a chunk of ice also I designed a costume for you do you want to be friends can I take a picture with you can I touch your abs seriously just lift your shirt for a second so I can touch them
:rofl not my fault, this summar is too awesome! found the most ridiculous tumblr page about avengers and Loki mostly, so much fun.

riki
May 12, 2012, 09:30 AM
Yeah, Clousen's fangirling was great. :XD

goldb
May 12, 2012, 09:35 AM
On another note, I want this helmet:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3oo6r5VyD1r7ngqqo1_r2_500.png

riki
May 12, 2012, 09:41 AM
It's a pretty sweet helmet all right.

Are the horns supposed to represent something to you? :derp

goldb
May 12, 2012, 09:48 AM
It's a pretty sweet helmet all right.

Are the horns supposed to represent something to you? :derp

Maybe :teehee

riki
May 12, 2012, 01:24 PM
:teehee

Anyway...

Good news: I'm working on my story
Bad news: It's for the third or fourth book. :sweat

goldb
May 12, 2012, 01:41 PM
:teehee

Anyway...

Good news: I'm working on my story
Bad news: It's for the third or fourth book. :sweat

:arf

What the? That's not how it's supposed to go riki. do it right, otherwise you'll end up changing things in the next books once you revisit them.

riki
May 12, 2012, 05:57 PM
No, it should be fine. I have everything connected and that chapter was interfering with the one I'm working on. ^^ It might be just me but as soon as I finish writing a chapter, it just disappears from my mind.

Anyway, this chef (http://www.munchiestv.com/) was at a grocery store promoting Yeungling beer and he made the most delicious foods (http://www.munchiestv.com/recipes/cheesy%20dip.html) I've ever tasted. :drool Luckily I found the recipes (http://www.munchiestv.com/recipes/tavernWings.html). :whoo

scav
May 12, 2012, 05:59 PM
seems like u're having a lot of fun :^_^

riki
May 12, 2012, 06:01 PM
I supposed. :amuse

goldb
May 13, 2012, 05:49 AM
No, it should be fine. I have everything connected and that chapter was interfering with the one I'm working on. ^^ It might be just me but as soon as I finish writing a chapter, it just disappears from my mind.

Anyway, this chef (http://www.munchiestv.com/) was at a grocery store promoting Yeungling beer and he made the most delicious foods (http://www.munchiestv.com/recipes/cheesy%20dip.html) I've ever tasted. :drool Luckily I found the recipes (http://www.munchiestv.com/recipes/tavernWings.html). :whoo

You will be making me that, looks so nice. CHICKEN WENNNNGZZZZ!!! :gaw

riki
May 13, 2012, 08:18 AM
Luckily, there is a package of frozen chicken wings in the freezer so I could make it. :whoo

goldb
May 13, 2012, 08:42 AM
Luckily, there is a package of frozen chicken wings in the freezer so I could make it. :whoo

Awesome :thumbs I'm on my way.............next year :derp

Hope those wings don't expire by then :noedu

riki
May 13, 2012, 09:05 AM
LOL

I probably won't make it today because we're going to Cincy. We want to check out this place (http://www.findlaymarket.org/merchants/pho-lang-thang) and we're going to see the art museum because they have Japanese swords and whatnot which my brother likes. :amuse

goldb
May 13, 2012, 09:17 AM
Lang Thang :teehee :derp

Oooh swords :zomg pics if you can! but being a museum, they have rules on antiques and such :bored

Have fun too! :nod

riki
May 13, 2012, 09:19 AM
My mom told me it supposed to be translated as "Wandering Noodles". I think it supposed to represent the fact that they had to leave Vietnam so they don't have a "homeland" per se aka they're like nomads.

I'm sure we will. ^^

goldb
May 13, 2012, 09:47 AM
My mom told me it supposed to be translated as "Wandering Noodles". I think it supposed to represent the fact that they had to leave Vietnam so they don't have a "homeland" per se aka they're like nomads.

I'm sure we will. ^^

Just noticed the proprietors have your name :amuse.

They've got a good food menu too, from the looks of it.

riki
May 13, 2012, 10:04 AM
The last name is pretty common. It is like the Smiths. ^^

Yeah, the food looks delicious which is why we want to try it. :drool

scav
May 13, 2012, 10:07 AM
so riki, did u take a peek at yureka? :poke

how's the progression of ur story?

riki
May 13, 2012, 10:18 PM
I'm starting Chapter 6 and my story is coming along. I plan to bring a notebook on my way to Cincy so I could jot some notes down and whatnot.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Sooo... I wrote a lot of notes for Chapter 1 during the trip. I have five pages so far and I'm not even halfway through the chapter. :sweatdrop

I'll probably jot down more notes during my lunch and planning period tomorrow.

goldb
May 14, 2012, 02:10 AM
Sooo... I wrote a lot of notes for Chapter 1 during the trip. I have five pages so far and I'm not even halfway through the chapter. :sweatdrop

I'll probably jot down more notes during my lunch and planning period tomorrow.

Well at least you're not "writing in your head" like last time :amuse

When can we expect another preview? :blai

riki
May 15, 2012, 11:41 PM
It's probably because it's going to be longer that my short chapter so I need to keep my thoughts organized. ^^

Ummm... I dunno when I will release the next snippet but I'll post one as soon as I can.

---------- Post added May 15, 2012 at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was May 14, 2012 at 06:07 AM ----------

Here is a snippet from the beginning:

One of the Merzakians cleared his throat and she realized that they were giving her an impatient and stern glare. Kejuta just ignored him and continued to braid her daughter's hair. They wouldn't dare punish her; she was too precious to them after all. After she tied a ribbon in Adia's hair, she kissed her daughter's forehead and whispered, "Take care of Pendance, okay?" Adia nodded to show that she understood and went to her little brother, who looked at his mother with solemn eyes. The woman looked sadly at her; it has been three years now. Adia whose joyful voice brought a smile to everyone's face hasn't spoken ever since that incident.

---------- Post added May 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was May 15, 2012 at 08:26 AM ----------

Another snippet:

"My name is Thesben," he introduced himself as he offered his hand. "I was from the village of Cront. What's your name and where are you from?" She sat up on her bed and shyly pulled her hair behind her ears. He has a beautiful smile and seemed friendly. Blushing, she answered as she shook his hand, "I'm Kejuta and my village was called Alethesia."

The young man frowned slightly when he heard it. "Alethesia?" he pondered. "I thought they have tan skin and dark hair, but you have pale skin and strawberry blonde hair."

"It's because one of my ancestors was not originally from the village," Kejuta blurted quickly. "According to my grandmother, he arrived in the village with his sister. He told the villagers that they came from a place far from there and that they wanted to escape from a religious war. Apparently, his sister was traumatized from the war so he decided to flee even though it would mean death for him. After hearing his story, the villagers pitied them and took them in. After awhile, my ancestor settled down and married one of the village girls. As for his sister, she was taken care of by the village until her death."

Thesben nodded when he heard her story. "I see," he said. "That explained it. I noticed that the Merzakians were looking at you curiously. It's probably because you look similar to them or the long gone Purians. Well, Kejuta, I guess we're going to get know more about each other in the upcoming days since we're stuck in this rut. I'll most likely see you in the fields so see ya!" He turned around and without looking back, he waved as he walked away.

"See you tomorrow then," Kejuta replied softly. Since there was nothing else to do, she lowered herself back to bed and after a few restless hours, she managed to fall asleep.

goldb
May 16, 2012, 01:52 AM
Ah good, we get some explanation as to what happened with Roku and Kyah; though I do remember you saying they lived happily. Will that aspect of the story be explored further? as I wanted to know if Kyah ever gained any kinda control from her mindbreak or just remained the same for the rest of her life?

Thanks again for the snippets! :nod

scav
May 16, 2012, 03:52 AM
i'm not reading the snippet. just waiting for the whole story :nod

Farfalla
May 16, 2012, 05:30 AM
WAH I have the story open in Opera for like a week or two T.T Gotta read! *hating my routine so much*

riki
May 16, 2012, 08:11 AM
Ah good, we get some explanation as to what happened with Roku and Kyah; though I do remember you saying they lived happily. Will that aspect of the story be explored further? as I wanted to know if Kyah ever gained any kinda control from her mindbreak or just remained the same for the rest of her life?

Thanks again for the snippets! :nod

Well, they live the rest of their lives in peace so I would say that they were happy. :amuse

I'll probably write a story about what happened when they arrived in the village but maybe after I finishing writing a chapter or two.

As the late Robert Jordan would say, RAFO (read and find out) :p

Gats
May 16, 2012, 09:13 AM
^Didn't read your story yet but are you also waiting for the last part of Memory of Light (wheel of time) ?
I saw it's for the first quater of 2013.

riki
May 16, 2012, 09:53 AM
Yes, I am anticipated it. :blai It's kinda sad since there won't be any more book but at least we got to read the conclusion. ^^

Have you read the first part of the prologue?

Gats
May 16, 2012, 10:27 AM
Yes, I am anticipated it. :blai It's kinda sad since there won't be any more book but at least we got to read the conclusion. ^^

Have you read the first part of the prologue?

If you only knew how much I sympathize... We're lucky to have Brandon Sanderson. It reminds me of another series "Nine Princes in Amber" by Zelazny...he died early and...no conclusion. :s

And yes I read the piece of prologue. :blai

I have to confess, my memory is fading, since the serie is so huge and didn't have time to read it again so I didn't remember who was this zealous guy obsessed by Elayne, the bit of explanation.

The way Rand returned to the light side was so awesome !!! But I'm not sure if I appreciate yet his newfound personnality, he seems too much like a saint now.

riki
May 16, 2012, 03:12 PM
I think he's a new character (one of those who trying to seize the throne of Andor from Elayne) since I don't remember reading about it. He's probably a minor character to set up the story for the Last Battle.

IIRC, Sanderson said the reason Rand seems so saintlike is that it was based on the other characters' impressions. He said that Rand isn't really that way and based on the epilogue in the last book, he's still clever and plans to pretend to be "insane" to convince the others to join his side during the meeting with the world leaders.

The thing I'm most curious about is whether or not he still sense the True Power. My brother theorized that he may use the Dark One's power to destroy the last seals so he could patch up the Dark One's prison.

Gats
May 16, 2012, 03:31 PM
I think he's a new character (one of those who trying to seize the throne of Andor from Elayne) since I don't remember reading about it. He's probably a minor character to set up the story for the Last Battle.

IIRC, Sanderson said the reason Rand seems so saintlike is that it was based on the other characters' impressions. He said that Rand isn't really that way and based on the epilogue in the last book, he's still clever and plans to pretend to be "insane" to convince the others to join his side during the meeting with the world leaders.

The thing I'm most curious about is whether or not he still sense the True Power. My brother theorized that he may use the Dark One's power to destroy the last seals so he could patch up the Dark One's prison.

Oh ? I don't remember he planned to appear insane in the end, depends what you mean by "insane". I guess I'll have to re-read it once returned in Paris. Thanks for the precision.

Does he even need any power to break the last seals ? They're already so fragile to the point he could broke at least one of them with his bare hands. The True Power will probably play a role in his confrontation against the Dark One since, somehow, a special link is created with him and this power always comes with a big price, so I think the Dark One might uses this against Rand. Besides it would be weird that the very seals which are keeping the Dark One at bay are sensible to his own power. Certainly in the long term since they're weakening but if it needs a burst of the True Power to get rid of it, the big bad guy would be already out no ?

Did you see one of the cover of the last book ? Seems like a huge spoil about Rand's fate, fuck ! :yelling

riki
May 16, 2012, 03:34 PM
I don't have the book with me but IIRC, he mentioned something like it could be a good thing that some people thinks he was insane so he could convince them to his terms.

scav
May 16, 2012, 03:35 PM
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/customavatars/avatar62303_69.gif

xi0
May 16, 2012, 04:16 PM
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/customavatars/avatar62303_69.gif

Win thread posts.......what is your aim :notsure

scav
May 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
none, that's just one of my random post, u're thinking too deep.
btw didn't see you in the win thread lately? :poke

riki
May 16, 2012, 04:28 PM
Umm... too lazy to post, I guess? :p

scav
May 16, 2012, 05:00 PM
riki will you buy me what? :wtf
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/398232_277246695703812_149319538496529_585144_98867905_n.jpg

riki
May 16, 2012, 05:07 PM
Damn. :o

I don't think I have enough money to buy all of those consoles so sorry. :sweatdrop

scav
May 16, 2012, 05:20 PM
:XD

Gats
May 16, 2012, 05:55 PM
Who is your favorite character by the way ?

A lot of people are fan of Mat Cauthon, this guy is so enjoyable to read.

riki
May 16, 2012, 06:14 PM
I like Mat as well since he's the troublemaker of the three. Whenever I read the books, I enjoy reading it from Rand, Mat, and the Forsaken's POVs. Moridin is my favorite Forsaken (second would be Lanfeaer/Cyndane).

Who is your favorite?

Gats
May 17, 2012, 05:21 AM
Matt and Rand too. :blai

I had mixed feelings when reading Perrin but he is doing great now.

I like the apparition of Moridin too, but, while he brings several new significant things to the plot each time he appears, he is a bit foolish, well I can say the same about the Dark One, since they had several occasions to kill Rand...but they are too greedy. Well I still prefer him among the other forsakens since he is the most developped and seems not to be "evil" for the sake of it.

Elayne is good to read too, not especially because of her behaviour, but more because of the plot around her.

riki
May 17, 2012, 06:24 AM
^Actually Moridin and the Dark One do not want to kill Rand - they wanted to turn him aka the Light's Champion to their side because that would mean that they actually won (since he could be reincarnated). And yeah, some of the reasons the Forsaken betrayed their former allies were pretty silly (e.g. jealousy).

Oh, I don't really care the politic side of the story so I usually get bored with her story though the last few ones were pretty good.

Gats
May 17, 2012, 06:50 AM
^Actually Moridin and the Dark One do not want to kill Rand - they wanted to turn him aka the Light's Champion to their side because that would mean that they actually won (since he could be reincarnated). And yeah, some of the reasons the Forsaken betrayed their former allies were pretty silly (e.g. jealousy).

Oh, I don't really care the politic side of the story so I usually get bored with her story though the last few ones were pretty good.

Yeah this is what I meant by being too greedy, they could kill him but wanted more. Well this stage is supposed to be the last one for the Dark One in a sense that he is supposed to finally be able to unravel the weave (which includes souls coming back) of the wheel of time for real anyway.

riki
May 18, 2012, 04:57 PM
Oh, I thought it was implied that the cycle will continue until the Dragon succumbs to the Dark One.

BTW I almost forgot about some funny work stories

Middle School, Resource Room:

During study hall, one of the kids came back to the room after asking his teacher a question.
Boy: Hey, he's not supposed to be here!
Me: Yes, he is.
Boy: Really? How come I never seen him before?
Me: Maybe if you pay more attention in class, you would have noticed
Boy's Friends: Ohhhh, you got told by the teacher!
Boy: Sh-shut up! You guys got told by teachers too!

High school, Honor Biology

The kids have a test today.
Boy: Hey, do you want to take the test for me?
Me: Uhh... no. I don't think it's a good idea anyway since I didn't study for it so I would probably fail you.
Boy: :XD That's true.

---------- Post added May 18, 2012 at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was May 17, 2012 at 03:00 PM ----------

Another work story

Middle School, Resource Room

The students were learning about prepositions and were supposed to write two sentences (7 words min.) using prepositions to describe each pictures. One boy tried to turn his worksheet in even though he didn't write anything on Pictures C and D. I told him to do them before I give him the other sheet.
Boy: I knew it! You are trying to torture me.

Anyway, just for goldb. I want some feedback because this is my first time doing a romantic scene (nothing graphic):

For the next year, Kejuta and Thesben had their nightly talks in which they talked about their day, their fears, their hopes, and dreams. Then, one night, Thesben asked out of the blues, "Hey, Kejuta, how do you feel about me?"

She looked at him speechlessly before she could sputter, "Wh-what did you just ask?" Patiently Thesben repeated his question and waited for her answer. Her feelings? Toward him? She really enjoyed his company and his affable personality. Not to mention he was very patient and supportive of her whenever she felt depressed. "I really... enjoy having you around," a blushing Kejuta finally replied. Upon hearing those words, he gave a look of relief.

"That's good," Thesben smiled and ventured, "And would you enjoy my company if we're with each other for the rest of our lives?"

Kejuta gaped. "Are you implying what I think you're implying?"

He just gave a chuckle and confessed, "Yes, I'm asking if you want to marry me. I wanted to propose to you but didn't want to make it too sapp-" Before he could finish, Kejuta flung her arms around to embrace him.

"Of course, you idiot!" she cried. This was the happiest day of her life! "Oh, but we need to tell the others and determine the date..."

Thesben gave her a sly look and told her, "In fact, they've already known. As for the wedding date, would tonight be fine with you?" She smiled and gave him a peck on the lip as an answer. "Well then, shall we begin?" he asked as he helped her to her feet.

The ceremony was very simple and small. Resma and Pilur placed tiny white flowers in her hair and fussed over her, making sure she looked "pretty enough" for the groom. Since she didn't have her father to walk her down the aisle, an old man graciously offered to do so and they walked gracefully down to the center of the room where Thesben awaited. Then the leader, who was usually the oldest person in the quarter, presided over the wedding. "Would you, Thesben, accept Kejuta as your wife? Would you protect her, provide for her, and love her for the rest of your life?"

"I do," he replied and then the leader turned to new bride.

"And do you, Kejuta, accept Thesben as your husband? Would you tend the household, bear his children, and love him for the rest of your life?" he inquired. Kejuta turned to look at her beloved's face and saw love in his eyes so she knew her answer.

"Yes, I do," she confirmed in a firm voice. Nodding approvingly, the head of the slave quarter declared, "May the gods bless this happy union and may this couple enjoy eternal bliss!" After the words were said, Thesben and Kejuta kissed each other on the lips while everyone cheered. Soon everyone came over to congratulate the newlyweds, who beamed with joy and gratefully accepted their well wishes. In spite of the hardship that they have experienced, Kejuta realized that this occasion was important to everyone - for just one moment, they could forget about the situation that they're in and instead, focused on a happy time.

They celebrated until the sky grew dark. As people slowly went back to their beds to prepare for tomorrow, the happy couple was still talking softly to each other. "This will be one of the happiest memories in my life!" Kejuta sighed blissfully as she leaned her head on her husband's shoulder. She didn't want the day to end but unfortunately, there was nothing she could do about it.

"One of them?" her husband teased. "What do you mean by that?" Kejuta just smirked at him as she twirled her finger on his chest. "Oh, you know..." she replied slyly as she stuck her tongue at him and he gave her a big grin.

"Too bad we won't have any privacy," he lamented. "Perhaps if we kick everyone out..." They laughed - it would nearly be impossible since the guards would make sure that never happened. '"Well, I guess we should go to bed then." They walked over to their beds, which were pushed together, and laid down (Kejuta made a mental note to thank the person whose bed was next to her because he switched places with Thesben). As she lay contently with Thesben's arms wrapped around her, Kejuta thought to herself that nothing will ruin their happiness.

goldb
May 18, 2012, 05:16 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ytytUYZK1r3ul7m.gif

I think you handled it well and made sure to remind the reader of the situation the couple and others find themselves in and what this ceremony means to them. I first thought that the confession and its result was a bit rushed but I feel that it'd make sense within the context of the story right?(the development of their relationship and such).

I'll read it again tomorrow and see if I can get a fresh perspective.:nod

riki
May 18, 2012, 05:39 PM
The last part will probably provide the introduction of the relationship so that might help... I hope. ^^

scav
May 18, 2012, 05:44 PM
hey riki, how's ur story? almost done?
are u still reading yureka?

riki
May 18, 2012, 06:03 PM
Umm... my story isn't quite done yet. :sweatdrop

I'm on Ch. 39

scav
May 18, 2012, 06:03 PM
oh Ch.39
ur impression?

riki
May 18, 2012, 06:07 PM
It's pretty good.

scav
May 18, 2012, 06:09 PM
glad u like it :super

riki
May 18, 2012, 06:37 PM
I've been reading whenever I take a break from writing and from MH :ninja

Ancy
May 19, 2012, 06:26 AM
I was mislead by the title of your thread...was not sure whether it was your thread :-_-

meh....I finally found the mindmapping thingy....you can create 3 private maps and unlimited public maps for free....sorry it took so long...:sweat....had to check...

riki
May 20, 2012, 09:53 AM
It's okay. I think I can use it to make a story map for my stories. :amuse

@goldb
I think I'm going to revise the last snippet into two parts. The chapter will be longer but that's okay.

goldb
May 20, 2012, 05:24 PM
Cool cool, how's it going? did you get much done today? :derp

riki
May 20, 2012, 06:01 PM
Not really. :sweat

I had a headache yesterday so I didn't really work on it. Then I was running errands today. ^^;

Ancy
May 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
hope you're feeling much better...and don't worry...Bob can be very patient...right Bob????

riki
May 20, 2012, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I don't know how long it would take, but it's coming along. :thumbs

goldb
May 20, 2012, 06:15 PM
Get well soon :hug

hope you're feeling much better...and don't worry...Bob can be very patient...right Bob????

Yeah course I can, you know that right riki? :jk :derp

scav
May 20, 2012, 06:17 PM
rikiiiii-swan :hug

riki
May 22, 2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the well wishes but I'm fine. It was just a headache. :amuse

---------- Post added May 22, 2012 at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was May 20, 2012 at 07:24 PM ----------

A funny work story

Preschool

The teacher has to attend a lot of meeting today so she informed the class beforehand.
Teacher: Okay, boys and girls. I won't be here today because I have a lot of meetings and you guys know how fun THAT is.
Kids: :Haha
Teacher: Anyway, she *pointed to me* will be subbing for me today. You guys should know her since she has been here before. Does anyone remember her name?
Kids: She's [name]'s grandma!
Me: I'm not THAT old! :gwah

The teacher told me that is what he called his babysitter and I guess I look similar to her, but still... :crying

scav
May 22, 2012, 05:39 PM
lol u're 27, right?

riki
May 22, 2012, 05:49 PM

scav
May 22, 2012, 05:50 PM
oh xD. quite young :hurr

riki
May 22, 2012, 05:50 PM
Oh you :fan

Ancy
May 23, 2012, 02:26 AM
...and quite evasive :-_-....I requested something and she avoided it, like nothing happened :oh

Farfalla
May 23, 2012, 05:16 AM
Naughty Ancy O.O

riki
May 23, 2012, 06:09 AM
You requested something, Ancy?

Ancy
May 23, 2012, 06:16 AM
@Riki: nice try there :oh....I implied requested something in my last pm :derp

@Farfalla huh??? What have I done now ??:oh

Farfalla
May 23, 2012, 08:06 AM
You sending her secret messages about something she prefers to ignore O:

scav
May 23, 2012, 08:25 AM
tell us more ancy :popcorn

riki
May 24, 2012, 08:46 AM
Oh, I see. I'll check later. I think the kids gave me their illnesses. :darn

---------- Post added May 24, 2012 at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was May 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM ----------

Anyway, I create a blog (http://remyc.dreamwidth.org/) so I can organize my stories. Check it out if you want. ^^

Farfalla
May 24, 2012, 08:55 AM

Ancy
May 24, 2012, 09:17 AM
Nishee ...looking forward to the series :zomg...who knows ....maybe it will as famous as ASOIAF :hee

riki
May 24, 2012, 09:21 AM
I doubt it would be as popular as that series, but thanks. :XD

Farfalla
May 24, 2012, 09:28 AM
We can always promote it *-*

riki
May 24, 2012, 10:20 AM
That's true, I guess. ^^; If you want to share the story, that's fine.

Oh, I just updated the archive by posting the title for the first chapters. I figure I better post them before I forget. :XD

Farfalla
May 24, 2012, 11:40 AM
xD
I do wanna share it, ty^^
I'll let you know the response *-*

riki
May 24, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hopefully it will be good. :bag

Anyway, another snippet since it has been awhile:

The next day was the worst day of her life. Kejuta decided to go back to work even though she should spend the day recuperating because she was feeling restless. Not to mention the fact that she needed to talk to her friends to reassure them that she's harmless. As she walked through the now green fields, she noticed that the other slaves scurried away from her and they would stare at her with gaping mouths when they were at a safe distance from her. Trying to ignore them, she pretended that she wasn't bother by their behavior and continue to search for her friends.

Finally, she found them gathering carrots. They were talking and laughing as they plucked the vegetable from the ground. Suddenly, Pilur looked up and saw Kejuta approaching them; she tugged at Resma's sleeve and pointed at her. Her friends then became quiet and subtle abruptly while they continued doing their work. Kejuta waved at them and they returned her wave, albeit halfheartedly. At least they acknowledge me, she thought hopefully and went up to them.

Yeah, I'm still writing the flashback.

Ancy
May 25, 2012, 06:34 AM
I want moooooaaaarr :arf.....and Riki ...those names are awesome :zomg..where do you get your inspiration for those names??

riki
May 25, 2012, 01:43 PM
Uhh... I'll try my best to explain it.

Here is one way:
First, I think of the first letter that I want my character's name to have.
After I got that letter, I phonetically sound out the name to make sure that it's easy to pronounce by everyone and arrange the letters until I spelled the name in the way that it sounds.
That is how I got Kejuta and Roku's names among others.

The second way is more simple:
I got inspire by other words.
For example, Thesben is based on the word, "thespian", Pendance is from "penance", and another character (who will be introduced in the second chapter), Aundra, was inspired by the word "laundry". :XD

*EDIT* I almost forgot the last way:
I took a person's name and rework it to make it sound more "fantasy-like" (e.g. Mathes -> Matthew)

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Here is another snippet. I reworked a previous snippet. FYI, romance scene is not my forte. *ugh*

For the next year, Kejuta and Thesben had their nightly talks in which they talked about their day, their fears, their hopes, and dreams. Then, one night, Thesben asked out of the blues, "Hey, Kejuta, how do you feel about me?"

She looked at him speechlessly before she could sputter, "Wh-what did you just ask?" Patiently Thesben repeated his question and waited for her answer. Her feelings? Toward him? She really enjoyed his company and his affable personality. Not to mention he was very patient and supportive of her whenever she felt depressed or lonely. "I really... enjoy having you around," a blushing Kejuta finally replied. “Why do you ask?”

Upon hearing those words, he gave a look of relief. “It’s because I feel the same way as well,” he confessed. “If you don’t mind me for being nosy, but I have two questions. First, do you like me as a close friend?”

Kejuta smiled and answered, “Of course.” She felt herself blushing for some reason so she hid her face behind her hair. “Next?”

Thesben took a deep breath and inquired, “Do you like me more than a close friend?”

“Yes, I do,” she blurted out without thinking. She covered her mouth in surprise. Oh gods, what was she saying? What if he doesn’t like her that way? “Ummm… why are you asking these questions?”
He placed his hands on her and gave her a warm smile. “It’s because I feel the same way too,” he explained. “Kej, after spending times with you, I realize that I…” he gulped and continued, “I really care for you! If it’s all right with you, may I spend a little more time getting to know you?”

“You mean be a couple?” Kejuta squeaked and he nodded. “I-I don’t know what to say! This is so unexpected!”

“Please say ‘yes,’ he pleaded, which caused her to laugh. His puppy eyes look was so adorable that she couldn’t resist.

She finally declared, “Yes, I want to be with you. Are you happy now?” He responded by kissing her on her lips; she could still feel the warm presence of his mouth on her lips after he pulled away from her. It was a nice sensation and she didn’t want to forget it. Before he could react, she placed her arms around him and kissed him in return.

Oh, I'm debating whether or not to divide chapter 1 into two or three parts since it's already 11 pages and I'm not even halfway done.

Opinions?

goldb
May 26, 2012, 04:51 PM
Reading the 2, I think I liked the 1st version more, yes it was cheesy but it worked somehow. I think you need to find a middle ground between the 2 versions but lean more towards the first one.

In terms of diving the story, of course it makes sense since you're 11 pages into the first chapter and you're not done yet :XD But first finish the whole chapter if you can, then you can have a better view of how and where to divide them.

:bmgai

riki
May 26, 2012, 06:51 PM
I should clarify it. I added that part before the 1st version to make the romance less rushed. ^^

As for the chapter, I divided it into two. The second part will be chapter 2 instead and its title has been posted in the archive. :ninja

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Oh, I almost forgot. Here is another snippet:

As she watched Tyleo walked back to the slave quarters, Kejuta noted, “I like her. She’s the only one who is still friendly toward me and doesn’t care that I’m ‘different.’ If we have another child, I hope she will still be around to help.”

Her husband agreed, “She’s a great help all right. By the way, how is the baby?” He knelt down next to her and held out a finger so the baby could grasp it. Her bright blue eyes gazed up curiously at her father while he stroked her silvery blonde hair.

“She’s doing well,” Kejuta beamed as she rocked the baby. Who would have thought something this small can be so wondrous? “In fact, she looks actually like my sister. She even has her eyes and hair.”

Thesben then inquired, “What was your sister’s name?”

“Adia,” she answered. “It means ‘joyful’ in the Alethesian language if I recall correctly.”

“‘Adia’… I like that. Why don’t we name her that?” he suggested.

“I would love that,” she replied kindly. Kejuta handed the newly named baby to her husband who gingerly held her.

Looking into her eyes, he whispered, “Welcome to the world, Adia.”

Two more parts and then flashback is over! :)

Farfalla
May 26, 2012, 07:51 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/4286150_460s.jpg

riki
May 26, 2012, 07:52 PM
:luv

I wish my cats would act that way. :(

Farfalla
May 26, 2012, 07:58 PM
Me too *-*
But mine would only be a sweet heart like that to his food bowl o.o

riki
May 26, 2012, 08:01 PM
Speaking of food bowl...

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/th_267.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/?action=view&current=267.jpg) http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/th_268.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/?action=view&current=268.jpg) http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/th_269.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/?action=view&current=269.jpg) http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/th_270.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/?action=view&current=270.jpg) http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/th_271.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/?action=view&current=271.jpg) http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/th_272.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/?action=view&current=272.jpg) http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/th_273.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h95/sakuraxsyaoran/Kitties/?action=view&current=273.jpg)

Damn, I missed those kitties! :scry

Farfalla
May 26, 2012, 08:02 PM
AWN Ç.Ç
Did you have any words on them?
Was that one Serah?

riki
May 26, 2012, 08:03 PM
Nope, the last thing I've heard was that all of them were adopted within three days.

And that one was your favorite, Welkin.

Farfalla
May 26, 2012, 08:11 PM
Oh! Once I confused Welkin with another one xD God, I love the color of his eyes @.@
Hope he'll let you know about them T.T

riki
May 26, 2012, 09:04 PM
Hopefully, but I don't know. I don't think he'll keep tabs on them since they're already sold.

Farfalla
May 26, 2012, 09:13 PM
But maybe they'll be that vet's clients xD So the vet would have a history on them and could share with your neighbor /o/

riki
May 27, 2012, 05:05 PM
Maybe. That might work.

---------- Post added May 27, 2012 at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was May 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM ----------

Good news: The chapter (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/77045-The-Ilmarians?p=2905046) is finished!
Bad news: It's little over 21 pages long so it will probably take you guys a couple of days. Good thing I decided to divide the chapter, huh? :sweatbunny

Good news: Here is a snippet from the second chapter. I've already written it down beforehand:

While Kejuta was wringing the towel, her son suddenly spoke, "While I was... dead, I had a dream." She stopped what she was doing and turned to look at him. Pendance was staring at the fire contemplatively while stroking his older sister's hair gently. A dream? Kejuta always has one when she died so why shouldn't he? Wiping the sweat off his forehead, she whispered softly, "And what did you dream about?"

"I was in a strange land where no sounds seem to exist," he began slowly. "Maybe it was because I was dead, but everything seems to be black and white. Millions of people were walking around me so it was hard for me to move around. I was so confused on where I was so I decided to talk to them. However, they just averted their eyes and continued on their way. Not knowing what to do, I looked up and saw a man sitting on a throne with a familiar man standing beside him. For some reason, I knew that I needed to go there so I walked toward them. As I was walking up the stairs, I suddenly realized who the man standing was - it was father."

Kejuta froze when she heard those words. Her son's dream was much, much different from hers - she dreamed of her past but her son was dreaming of another place. Finding her words, she inquired hesitantly, "A-and... what did he say?"

Bad news: I don't think there won't be any snippet anytime this week since I need to work on the video game news digest for this month. :sweatdrop

scav
May 27, 2012, 05:15 PM
heh u're awesome :super

riki
May 27, 2012, 05:27 PM
Oh, I just realized that the snippet contains spoilers so read it at your own risk~

Of course, if you're like me and you read the last part first, then you should be fine. :derp

goldb
May 27, 2012, 06:29 PM
I won't read the snippet til I finish the monument that is your first chapter :derp

Awesome work riki, very much looking forward to the 2nd chapter :chu

riki
May 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
Awww... thanks! :shynerv

What part are you on now? If you can't recall, just write what happened in that part (in spoiler tags of course)

---------- Post added May 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was May 27, 2012 at 08:28 PM ----------

I lied. I wrote the first part of the second chapter since the internet was acting up so here's the beginning:

“Is it true that you have a sister?”

Pendance glanced up to find two young boys looking at him curiously. He didn’t recognize them so they were probably new slaves. “Yes, why do you ask?” he wondered as he picked up some more fire woods.

“Oh, that’s what we heard,” one of them said quickly, “but we didn’t see her around so we weren’t sure if we were being tricked or not.”

The boy just smiled and explained, “It’s because she is usually spending time with the Merzakian noble ladies. They considered her as their ‘personal servant’.”

The others murmured with understanding looks. “That makes sense,” the other agreed. “I’ve heard that she is very cute. By the way, how old is your little sister?”

That was when Pendance began to smirk. “Let’s see… right now, I’m thirteen, which means…” he paused for a dramatic effect as his audience drew closer to him, “… she should be twenty years old.”

And with that, he left the two confused boys behind him as he walked back to the camp with his bundle of sticks.

Ancy
May 28, 2012, 12:13 PM
Chapter 1 is out :zomg...I'll read it later in the evening.....and and and...you're working on chapter 2 already :wtf

I'm so proud of you :noworry

goldb
May 29, 2012, 04:06 AM
Slow down! I've not even started yet lol :faint :hee

riki
May 29, 2012, 08:16 AM
Creative minds never slow down for anyone! :arf

Ancy
May 29, 2012, 09:53 AM

you tell em sistaaa :arf

scav
May 29, 2012, 10:59 AM
http://cdn.lolhappens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/560470_210920602361879_185022618285011_4577999_1102338375_n.jpg

riki
May 29, 2012, 11:04 AM
LOL That is how I feel whenever I "talk" to the cat. :XD

Hopefully I don't say anything raunchy. :teehee

goldb
May 29, 2012, 04:42 PM

:hee Good to know!

scav
May 29, 2012, 05:40 PM
btw the elders should respect us cuz we made it through school with internet and video games :cookiehand

riki
May 29, 2012, 07:19 PM
Hmm... that's true since we have a lot of more things to distract us.

I guess respect will go both ways then. :cookiehand

scav
May 30, 2012, 06:08 PM
nice set riki :love

riki
May 30, 2012, 07:12 PM
Glad you like it. :amuse

Another snippet:
It was dark outside and Pen hasn’t come back yet. Kejuta frowned as she tried to keep herself occupied by putting the dishes away. That blasted boy! He always knows how to make her worry! She was about to ask Adia to go look for him when the door opened and he quietly went inside. “Where have you been?” she demanded before he had a chance to sit down. “It’s nighttime now!”

“Sorry,” he mumbled, “I was helping a friend that’s all.” She stared at him incredulously. A friend? Pen didn’t have many friends among the slaves since he claimed that he wouldn’t bother befriending anyone who insulted his family. If this was one of his excuses, this one was a poor one.

I bet he has a girlfriend, Adia teased as she unbraided her hair. Her son scowled, “For the last time, I do not have a girlfriend!”

“Now, Adia, leave your brother alone,” Kejuta admonished. Pendance gave his sister a triumphant grin while Adia stuck her tongue in return. As she was putting the plates on the shelves, she asked her son matter-of-factly, “Is your friend cute?”

He shrugged. “I guess she’s somewhat cute…” He suddenly realized that his mother has tricked him and covering his face, he blushed embarrassingly. “I mean… I don’t know! I don’t think about those types of things!”

Zeltrax
May 30, 2012, 09:09 PM
I've read through the first chapter, I actually didn't intend to finish it but I couldn't stop.
I think I will bookmark your website and wait for the second chapter to be uploaded so that I can read it through all at once.
It's such a good story and you can write very well :wtf I can't help but feel envious.
Have you considered uploading your stories to sites like fictionpress.com? From there you can gauge how many people are reading your stories and get more reviews. I believe this story can grow into something amazing in the future :thumbs
Actually, I've also just started out writing. It's a small step with only 4 short chapters but it's still a step nonetheless, would you check it out and give me your comments? (It's in my sig, it would help alot if you can give me your thoughts on it)
Tbh, it's "fanfiction" but it's more like an original story because you don't need to understand the fanbase to read it.

The idea of immortal in your story and how it develops is something I look forward to and Thesben and Kejuta are well-written characters. Can't wait to see how Kejuta develops over time, I'm assuming that she'll stay the lead till the end in this case tho :p

riki
May 30, 2012, 09:44 PM
Glad you like the first chapter! :)

Umm... I haven't decided whether or not to post on those websites yet. It's kinda nerve wrecking to think of other people reading my stories. heck, I was so nervous putting my short story. :paperbag I'll check your story then and give you feedback.

As for Kejuta, she won't be the main character in all of the chapter but she will make an appearance in all of them though. I gave some hints about her role in the first chapter. ;)

Zeltrax
May 30, 2012, 10:06 PM
Glad you like the first chapter!

Umm... I haven't decided whether or not to post on those websites yet. It's kinda nerve wrecking to think of other people reading my stories.
Well, I think it depends on individual, me thinks it would be great if more people get to read your story :D

I'll check your story then and give you feedback.
Alright thank you!~

As for Kejuta, she won't be the main character in all of the chapter but she will make an appearance in all of them though. I gave some hints about her role in the first chapter.
Do you have everything planned out? It seems to me that everyone in the family will be connected and have their own stories that eventually make up the entire plot. Btw, I really like Kejuta.

riki
May 30, 2012, 10:11 PM
LOL I'm a shy girl so I'm kinda nervous about strangers reading my works.

Well, I have the first and last novels figure out. The second novel is in a work in progress though since I'm trying to tie the stories together.

As for the family, you'll learn more about their uniqueness in the next two chapter though...

Thesben is dead

goldb
May 31, 2012, 05:12 PM
http://www.absolutelymadness.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/379.gif

riki
May 31, 2012, 05:16 PM
Awww... :love

BTW, my cat escaped again, but luckily we caught her. :darn

goldb
May 31, 2012, 05:38 PM
Cat feels imprisoned....:derp

riki
May 31, 2012, 06:11 PM
Probably :derp

I'm trying to turn her into an indoor cat but right now I'm losing the battle. :fail

goldb
June 01, 2012, 03:03 PM
Probably :derp

I'm trying to turn her into an indoor cat but right now I'm losing the battle. :fail

Tried to bribe it yet? :derp Always sure proof, though you have to up the bribery the longer time goes :bored

How was your day? :chu

riki
June 01, 2012, 04:55 PM
I did but I guess she wanted to explore the great outdoors. She probably missed it since she used to wander around the neighborhood. The problem is that she doesn't want to come home so that's irritating. >.>

My day went pretty well. I've been writing my story and it's now 12.5 pages. :derp

goldb
June 01, 2012, 05:42 PM
If it keeps happening like that, I'm afraid there'll be a day when you won't be able to find her. Either need to go HAM and house train her like a mofo or just accept what is. OR take it out with you for a certain amount of time then bring her back, I dunno :hmph

12 pages? :faint

riki
June 01, 2012, 05:46 PM
Oh, don't worry. I only have...3 or 4 parts left then I'm done.

I'm so horrible. I was planning to work on the video game news digest, but instead I'm writing ch. 2. :darn

goldb
June 01, 2012, 05:57 PM
Oh, don't worry. I only have...3 or 4 parts left then I'm done.

I'm so horrible. I was planning to work on the video game news digest, but instead I'm writing ch. 2. :darn

It's fine, write today and do the news digest tomorrow. :nod :chu

You got all the materials for it already right?

riki
June 01, 2012, 06:09 PM
Yeah, but I just need to write the summaries. ^^

goldb
June 01, 2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah, but I just need to write the summaries. ^^

Yeah, tomorrow. It's fine, don't worry :chu

riki
June 01, 2012, 07:15 PM
Just reached 15 pages~

ghostexiled
June 01, 2012, 08:09 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/01/ni-no-kuni-innocent-strength-trailer-e3-2012

riki
June 01, 2012, 08:14 PM
Hey, ghost! :glomp

How are you?

ghostexiled
June 01, 2012, 08:41 PM
I am doing well... I got a new computer and a cintiq 21ux and hopefully a job soon!

How are you doing?

riki
June 01, 2012, 09:27 PM
That's exciting! What is it?

I'm doing well. School has been out since last Thursday so I'm relaxing for now.

ghostexiled
June 01, 2012, 09:47 PM
a graphic design/web design position in another city.

I have a possible interview next week.

riki
June 02, 2012, 08:19 AM
Good luck! :cheerbunny

---------- Post added June 02, 2012 at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was June 01, 2012 at 10:55 PM ----------

In case you guys didn't go to goldb's thread, I finished Ch. 2 (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/77045-The-Ilmarians?p=2910528&viewfull=1#post2910528) early, but then I had most of it written down already.

Ch. 3 won't be out for awhile so yeah.

goldb
June 02, 2012, 08:48 AM
Finished reading it already! :shin

I'll post my thoughts in the other thread....

riki
June 02, 2012, 08:49 AM
Oh, that was quick. LOL

goldb
June 02, 2012, 09:00 AM
Oh, that was quick. LOL

I read it hours ago :hee Compared to ch.1 this one was a lot "smoother" to read, maybe cos I read it on the dreamwidth site instead of constantly clicking spoiler tags here on MH :amuse

riki
June 02, 2012, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I figure using dreamwidth would be better. ^^

scav
June 02, 2012, 12:43 PM
:woo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgEo_sxwZ8g&feature=BFa&list=PLC3AD1250E939715F

riki
June 02, 2012, 12:57 PM
Quite catchy :music

scav
June 02, 2012, 12:58 PM
here you go :blush

riki
June 02, 2012, 01:06 PM
Umm... brb. I'm almost done writing the news post. :bye

scav
June 02, 2012, 01:07 PM
:bye

xi0
June 02, 2012, 01:43 PM
Are you a Shins fan riki? Or just the most recent album?

riki
June 02, 2012, 01:49 PM
I just heard them recently. Any other songs would you recommend?

xi0
June 02, 2012, 01:56 PM
I just heard them recently. Any other songs would you recommend?

Oh, a ton. Their previous three albums are great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkITsv3Nk6M&ob=av3e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7yiT5phQgQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hhxthxhwk0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XBabozrPGA&ob=av2n

riki
June 02, 2012, 02:18 PM
I'll listen to them while I'm writing. :amuse

xi0
June 02, 2012, 02:21 PM
Look into all three albums!

riki
June 02, 2012, 02:44 PM
I recognized "Caring is Creepy", but I don't remember where I first heard it...

xi0
June 02, 2012, 02:45 PM
I recognized "Caring is Creepy", but I don't remember where I first heard it...

I think it's been in commercials for sure. Same with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHyFZtGre3E

phio_chan
June 05, 2012, 07:37 AM
I have just seen you made a Dreamwidth account for your novel. I'll add you as friend later on. :p

riki
June 05, 2012, 09:00 AM
Oh, I didn't know you have a dreamwidth account, phio. ^^

phio_chan
June 05, 2012, 09:22 AM
Hehe~ The link is on my signature if you are curious. I have just started an account there not too long, kinda missed my own blog back then so I decided to make a new one at Dreamwidth. :3

scav
June 05, 2012, 09:23 AM
is that phiophio? :zomg

phio_chan
June 05, 2012, 09:24 AM
Yes, scav? :zomg

scav
June 05, 2012, 09:30 AM
heeh long time no see :hee
what are up to?

riki
June 05, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hey, scav

What's up?

scav
June 05, 2012, 01:33 PM
nm, i slept like a baby today. U?
where are you at with ur story?

riki
June 05, 2012, 02:10 PM
Pretty typical. I took the dogs out for a walk and went shopping.

Umm... I think I'm 1/3 done with Ch. 3. I took some notes so that helps me figure out how the timeline.

BTW,how far are you? Are you finished with both chapters?

scav
June 05, 2012, 02:19 PM
i didn't even start :paperbag
busy and lazy at the same time, but def gonna read it

riki
June 05, 2012, 02:58 PM
Just take your time. It will still be there. :XD

scav
June 08, 2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ4XBslOQbY

riki
June 08, 2012, 05:22 PM
Did you hear? Apparently a Celtics fan poured beer on Lebron after the game. Talk about being poor loser. :oh

scav
June 08, 2012, 05:48 PM
Did you hear? Apparently a Celtics fan poured beer on Lebron after the game. Talk about being poor loser. :oh

yeah i hear about that. that's lame. this is not the first time the C's got destroyed by Lebron, he did it once when he was with Cleveland and now they hate him. The man have been great since the beginning of the POs and any true basketball fan will admit that. but sooo many haterz (the butthurt Clevetown cuz he made them irrelevant again when he left, the butthurt C's, the kobe fanboys ). I hope he destroy the C's again in the next game so they'll take their sorry butt at home. LBJ play like a MVP and have amazing numbers since those POs, but unfortunately we can't say the same about his teammates but when the heat lose, they all blame Lebron.
Also faggots are all about rings, they seems to forgot that Michael Jordan didn't have a single ring when he was 27 and he didn't have the 3 MVP title of LBJ.

riki
June 08, 2012, 06:05 PM
Don't remind me of Cleveland. >.>

When the Heat lost last year, the governor offered the Mavericks to be honorary citizens of Ohio. I was like :fail. Talk about being childish. I remembered a comedian saying that Ohio acts like a crazy ex-girlfriend because of it.

scav
June 08, 2012, 06:13 PM
lol.
btw did u notice, TheMoa disappeared since the Spurs defeat :lmao

riki
June 08, 2012, 06:30 PM
Yeah, now that you mentioned it, he hasn't been online...

goldb
June 08, 2012, 06:34 PM
You guys are mean :lmao he's probably passed out in some gutter somewhere :derp

riki
June 08, 2012, 06:35 PM
I'm not being mean. I just stated that I just noticed. :oh

scav
June 08, 2012, 06:39 PM
You guys are mean :lmao he's probably passed out in some gutter somewhere :derp

:rofl

xi0
June 08, 2012, 07:40 PM

Boston :edu

phio_chan
June 08, 2012, 11:06 PM
heeh long time no see :hee
what are up to?

Indeed. You look different with that strange avatar. :derp

Anyway, I'm good. Fighting exams but I need my refreshing time too so here I am. :hee You?

xi0
June 08, 2012, 11:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2RJN9a_jdM

riki
June 09, 2012, 12:22 AM
How cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEsPhTbJhuo

scav
June 09, 2012, 02:28 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47742716/ns/local_news-boston_ma/#.T9OerbBpy5d

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Indeed. You look different with that strange avatar. :derp

Anyway, I'm good. Fighting exams but I need my refreshing time too so here I am. :hee You?

lol not that strange, read between the lines and u'll understand the meaning of that great avatar :nod

heh how's the fight? xD u're winning? :p and what are u studying and for what degree?

goldb
June 09, 2012, 06:38 PM
How was your day out with your family? :chu

riki
June 09, 2012, 06:57 PM
It was fun. We got to see some amazing and lovely gardens. ^^

How was your day?

BTW, I'm almost done with CH. 3, but I need to help my mom trim the doggy's hair. :bye

ghostexiled
June 10, 2012, 04:07 AM
Zachery may be in Thor 2.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/09/new-fandral-needed-for-thor-2

goldb
June 10, 2012, 05:40 AM
It was fun. We got to see some amazing and lovely gardens. ^^

How was your day?

BTW, I'm almost done with CH. 3, but I need to help my mom trim the doggy's hair. :bye

Glad you had fun :amuse

My day was good, worked for a few hours then went out for a work colleagues birthday, which was quite a good night out.

Zachery may be in Thor 2.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/09/new-fandral-needed-for-thor-2

I wasn't aware that Zach was originally casted to be in the first Thor then had to drop out of cos of Chuck reshooting some stuff? Would be great if he gets to be in Thor 2.

riki
June 10, 2012, 09:37 AM
Sweet! It would be cool if it has been confirmed. Though I wonder if he would have to dye his hair... :headscratch

Shot! I realized that I forgot to add a part to Ch. 3. :shakefist I need to edit it...

scav
June 10, 2012, 10:04 AM
thor 2? hum i'm not a fan of the first one i wonder if the 2 gonna be worst :headscratch

xi0
June 10, 2012, 01:07 PM
Thor was the best Avengers movie outside of the first Iron Man IMO

riki
June 10, 2012, 01:11 PM
Thor was great especially with the girl assistant (I think she's in Two Broke Girls) and her taser. :lmao

scav
June 10, 2012, 04:48 PM
lol best avengers movie = the avengers
then iron man
didn't watch captain america yet

thor was more like a guy doing a romantic trip on the earth

xi0
June 10, 2012, 04:50 PM
No, I meant the movies leading up to that. And that's not what Thor was about :fail

scav
June 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
well thats half of the movie xD
the movie become good only at the end when the romantic trip end and he get his hammer and his power back.

xi0
June 10, 2012, 04:55 PM
It was still better than all of them aside from Iron Man :edu

scav
June 10, 2012, 05:07 PM
beside ironman movies, what do u call all of them? hulk movies + captain america movies?

xi0
June 10, 2012, 05:25 PM
What do I call them? :huh

They're SuperHero moves, and they're all tie-ins that led to The Avengers.

scav
June 10, 2012, 05:41 PM
yeah hulk, iron man, thor, and captain american movie. only iron man movie was great.

goldb
June 10, 2012, 06:00 PM
Shot! I realized that I forgot to add a part to Ch. 3. :shakefist I need to edit it...

Good thing I've not read it yet :sweat

riki
June 10, 2012, 06:40 PM
*ignored scav and xi0's debate*

It's okay. I decided that I'm going to put the missing part in Ch 4 since I just realized that I forgot to add three major plot issues and since Ch. 3 was around 17 pages...

xi0
June 10, 2012, 06:41 PM
yeah hulk, iron man, thor, and captain american movie. only iron man movie was great.

It's the best one and it is great...sooo :edu

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

:gwah

riki
June 10, 2012, 06:46 PM
Well, you guys were having a lovely discussion so I didn't want to interrupt. :cookiehand

xi0
June 10, 2012, 06:50 PM
But pointing it out had some ulterior motive :noworry

goldb
June 10, 2012, 06:50 PM

It's okay. I decided that I'm going to put the missing part in Ch 4 since I just realized that I forgot to add three major plot issues and since Ch. 3 was around 17 pages...

3?! :o damn....

riki
June 10, 2012, 08:31 PM
But pointing it out had some ulterior motive :noworry

I don't have any ulterior motive except to ignore you guys. :p

3?! :o damn....

Yeah, I better write them down before I forget again. >.>

xi0
June 10, 2012, 08:34 PM
I don't have any ulterior motive except to ignore you guys. :p

But you acknowledged us through writing that you were ignoring us :derp

WAIT DON'T :gwah

scav
June 11, 2012, 06:14 AM

did u have to say it like that? :crying

riki
June 11, 2012, 07:56 AM
How else do you want me to say it? :?bunny

scav
June 11, 2012, 07:58 AM
do not say it :yelling

riki
June 11, 2012, 08:05 AM
Okie dokie

Anyway, what's up?

scav
June 11, 2012, 08:19 AM
nm still re-reading ubel blatt. You should try it, a lot of dark fantasy on it.
after that, i'll read your story.

riki
June 11, 2012, 08:28 AM
I'll check it one day. Right now I'm reading The Way of Kings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_of_Kings) by Brandon Sanderson.

scav
June 11, 2012, 08:31 AM
ah i didn't read a single book since age, except college books :sweat

Gats
June 11, 2012, 08:31 AM
Oh it's out then ? He is starting his long serie à la Robert Jordan with it, right ? How is it so far ?

riki
June 11, 2012, 08:35 AM
@scav
LOL I know what you mean. I didn't read any books while I was in college either. So many papers and whatnot got in the way.

@gats
Only one book is out in that series and the sequel is supposed to be out next year, I think.