PDA

View Full Version : Review Bleach Review Chapters 255, 256, 257 and 258

Athena
January 22, 2007, 03:40 PM
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5849/m7bleachch25502031af.jpg

Hello everyone!
This is my first Bleach review. This review will include the last chapter (257) and chapters 258, 256 and 255 partially. Before starting the review, I have to tell you that my English kina sucks a**! English is not my first language so please tell me if I made any weird spelling/grammar mistakes. However I’m currently in my Bankai-Writing mood so the probability of me making any mistakes is virtually zero. *Ehem, Ehem*

Chapter 255 starts with Aizen-sama once again reminding his subordinates who’s the boss in Hueco Mundo by nearly crushing the poor messenger by his monstrous spirit force.

Let’s start with something that has bothered me for some times now: what is Zaeruapollo intend to do with hollow ichigo’s reiatsu? We know that when Ichigo puts his mask on, there is no limit to how much power he can obtain so does that mean Kubo wants to make some obstacles in his ways? Is Zaeru. Capable of controlling the hollow inside Ichigo? Do hollows also have something similar inside of them?

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3206/clipimage0015dw.jpg

Hollow + another hollow inside = Totally crazy!

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/9959/m7bleachch25314ichigobc6zj.jpg
In any case Ichigo Bankai/Hollow form kicks major ass! This was from previous chapters but it was so nice Iwanted to use it in my first review :)

Chapter 256 starts with one of the best scenes from bleach Manga, Dondo trying to stop Renji; it was hilarious! XD but the fun doesn’t stop there. These two pictures cracked me up! According to Pesshe, Ishida is even weaker than Rukia!!

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4540/top1eh.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4007/bottom0vg.jpg

Chapter 257 is one of the coolest chapters in the new arc; Ishida showing his ace. It’s been so long since I saw something especial from Ishida. After his battle with Mayuri taicho, he has been basically out power. When he showed his sword/arrow in the last page I wanted to cry! His new Jedi form was just too perfect! So star war-ish!

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7568/benak6uc.jpg

Chapter 258 This chapter is about just how much Ishida can kick ass. At first I thought he is planning to fight him at close range but the moment he changed the sword to arrow, I knew this fight is not going to last long! The last picture in the last page was so sad T_____T I liked this Espada; she somehow reminded me of my ex! (no, I haven’t kill her…yet!)

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3461/lol1iw.jpg

Criticism:
I have many friends who complain about the new arc. Their main criticisms are:

-The fights are formulaic:
“Guy is losing, random Arrancar ally shows up, random Arrancar ally helps out, guy reveals true power...”
-This arc is the same as SS. Arc

While I agree with parts of it, it doesn’t necessarily goes according to that logic. In the next chapter Ishida left that poor girl alone only to be killed by the Guards Aizen sent to investigate the fight. Ichigo on the other hand helped his opponent and as an appreciation he bought Ichigo some time. Besides, from the start of this arc I knew Ichigo and his group are going to loose big time. Their powers are great but not enough. Ichigo can’t even control his hollow that well. And finally remember, they are fighting former espadas not the new ones. If they struggle with the old ones there is no way they’ll be able to stand against those numbered ones 1-10.
In the Soul Society arc, we didn’t even know about Bankai until half way through. In this one almost everybody has shown his ace, even Ichigo is already in his Bankai form. My point is: “they can’t improve more than this while they are in Hueco Mundo.”

From the start of this review (if you can call it so) I tried to explain everything with pictures from Manga. I don’t want to/can not write long reviews since I’m not as good as “Gold Knight”! T________T

I’ll try to write a review for each chapter from now on but first I have to see if you guys like my style or not. What do you like/hate about this review? What should I do to improve it? Do you want more comments and less pictures or the way it is now is fine?
Love you all!

My Rating: for ALL the four chapters above is *5*! Well I really liked them, what can I do? However, chapter 258 is editor’s choice!

Credits: : Thanks to M7 for letting me use their HQ scanlations! You’re the best :) Also, the Star Wars pic. is from www.postershop.com.
And of course “gigantor21” for patiently helping me with posting this review, you’re great too!

Inana
:kkthumbs

kiddo7
January 22, 2007, 10:37 PM
Let me just say, Enjoyed reading a review that was mainly visual. It is also always fun to see people standing up for the less popular opinions and theories. I for one would be glad to see more of your reviews in the future. And I agree with your judgement on these chapters, well partly at least. I would have given them a 4 (out of 5 that is) at most. WHile they are all very exciting chapters and there is a lot of asskicking going on. when you view them individually, there is just no way around the realization the very little actually happenes in a chapter and that there have been much better ones in the past. Besides, I have made it my policy to give rate anything that I find perfect with the second highest rating available. I reseve the top spot for those few that come arround every once or twice in a year that completely blow my mind out of every proportion. If I would be reviewing, in the entire series so far ther would be less thann 100 chapters that could earn a 5 from me. but nobody cares about that anyway, so I will cease gabbing.

Silhouette
January 22, 2007, 11:05 PM
Very nice review inana, I like the visuals your format.
Please continue to do more reviews.
Thanks to you and to gigantor21 for enriching the review forum

gigantor21
January 23, 2007, 12:11 PM
I second Silhouette and inana--we need more variety in this section of the forum.

I like how smoothly your review read. You just gave your opinions without wasting any words--I obviously don't agree with your opinions, but the important thing is that I know exactly where you're coming from. That's a very important skill for a critic to have, and it's something that I've been trying hard to work on, so it's refreshing to see someone who can already do it.

So, keep at it. I'll be pulling for you.

Athena
January 23, 2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks guys! :amuse

Bleach Review forum is going to be crazy from now on, you guys are going to have fun! gigantor21, thanks for your support, again! :)

gigantor21
January 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks guys! :amuse

Bleach Review forum is going to be crazy from now on, you guys are going to have fun!

HELL YEAH!!

gigantor21, thanks for your support, again! :)

You're welcome!

So, when are you gonna do Chapter 259?

Athena
January 23, 2007, 05:32 PM
HELL YEAH!!

So, when are you gonna do Chapter 259?

i'm working on it right now :)
i hate Ishida so much in this chapter i'm gonna kill him in my review!

gigantor21
January 23, 2007, 05:37 PM
Was it because you thought he disrespected Chirucchi by letting her live?

And on topic, do you think you'll ever use the multi-review format again? Or was it just a one time thing?

mugen
January 23, 2007, 05:38 PM
VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY NICE :kkthumbs

but i gotta say i'm surprised you actually like the chapters :o
anyways yeah your reviews were pretty funny but you are right wtf can Ichigo learn besides Bankai...
I mean we have seen his limit and i doubt that there is somewhere in Hueco Mundo where Ichigo can train at...

qwan3356
January 23, 2007, 06:32 PM
Great job on the review inana, keep doing them, i'm looking forward to the next one!!

kadodo
January 23, 2007, 09:32 PM
I really liked it because mainly because of the visuals you explain every pic and there not much writings. Personally that's the way i think it should be, I wouldn't want to read something that is too long. The way , you did it is just fine you just said the main points but not too much.

I would give you a 4out of 5 and your english seems good to me.

Athena
January 24, 2007, 01:56 AM
Was it because you thought he disrespected Chirucchi by letting her live?

And on topic, do you think you'll ever use the multi-review format again? Or was it just a one time thing?

Sorry for the late response. University work... :/
I’m planning to do chapters 250 to 255 where Ichigo showed his mask but it's really hard to find the perfect pictures for the review. So I guess I’ll do it over the weekend or maybe Thursday :)

Thanks everyone else for their replies. My review for chapter 259 is also ready. Originally I wanted to post it with these reviews but couldn't finish it by yesterday but it's done now. I'll post that one tomorrow :)

Inana
:kkthumbs

Gold Knight
January 24, 2007, 02:17 AM
Heh, hey there inana. Thanks for posting a review here.

Regarding Zaeruapollo's research, I wasn't aware that he was working towards studying the hollow inside Ichigo. But that wouldn't surprise me; I'm more mystified by how Dorudoni's own reiatsu could help him with his research.

I agree that Pesshe's interaction with Ishida was pretty amusing - also how Tite Kubo seems to be playfully teasing Ishida about how his fans usually perceive him to be gay through Pesshe. But mainly I just liked Pesshe in general.

Ishida does seem rather Jedi-like there when he pulled out the "lightsaber." Of course there was a major twist when he used it as a bow later on to take Chirucchi totally off-guard, which I liked even more. I just couldn't see Ishida as a sword-fighter, so to hear him say that Quincy only use bows, just reaffirms that. But it was a clever decoy either way.

The end of the Ishida-Chirucchi fight I did like. And the latest chapter I'm liking even better.

But I have to disagree with you on the current arc being dissimilar to the Soul Society arc; Ichigo treated Dorudoni much as he did Ikkaku at the end of their own brief spar at the beginning of the SS arc. Dorudoni didn't fare as well as Ikkaku did because he worked for more cruel masters.

But so far this arc is also another invasion, it's another team that's been split up and forced to fight various underlings of the society, they pick up unusual allies along the way, and who's to say we won't learn of more powerful techniques than the Ban Kai later on? Ichigo ALSO went into the Soul Society not being totally prepared for all the battles he'd have with the Gotei 13, especially Byakuya. He had to stop and train himself at one point. He might have to this time, too. The only difference is we now know who the bad guys are in this arc instead of guessing at every turn.

I'm still hopeful for a good twist somewhere along the way.

Anyway, looking forward to the next review, inana :)

Athena
January 25, 2007, 02:12 AM
But I have to disagree with you on the current arc being dissimilar to the Soul Society arc; Ichigo treated Dorudoni much as he did Ikkaku at the end of their own brief spar at the beginning of the SS arc. Dorudoni didn't fare as well as Ikkaku did because he worked for more cruel masters.

But so far this arc is also another invasion, it's another team that's been split up and forced to fight various underlings of the society, they pick up unusual allies along the way, and who's to say we won't learn of more powerful techniques than the Ban Kai later on? Ichigo ALSO went into the Soul Society not being totally prepared for all the battles he'd have with the Gotei 13, especially Byakuya. He had to stop and train himself at one point. He might have to this time, too. The only difference is we now know who the bad guys are in this arc instead of guessing at every turn.

I'm still hopeful for a good twist somewhere along the way.

Da-DA! I’m back, sorry for the late response. I’m having the time of my life with my Graphic card. You know, one of those situations that you Punch your card and it doesn’t work anymore! Why the hell did I punch it in the first place? Well you do stupid things when you’re pissed off T_________T

first, thanks for your reply! I agree with the idea of Ichigo learning new abilities, beside at one point the Zangetsu guy should come back. He just vanished for no reason (even Hollow Ichigo said he had no clue where he went) but I still don’t think Ichigo has “time” to learn anything in Hueco Mundo. I believe he’ll lose big time but what comes after is what I’m really interested in.

Anyways, my second review is also done. I’m doing the big one for the new arc but it’ll take some times. Finding the right picture as I said before is the hardest part X_X