PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 283 Discussion/ 284 Predictions

ghostexiled
May 11, 2012, 09:16 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

•Sasuke•
May 18, 2012, 07:52 AM
http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=47951505 #lastpost

some pics

http://thumbnails39.imagebam.com/19088/ff0683190873608.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/ff0683190873608) http://thumbnails69.imagebam.com/19088/5e9e14190873626.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/5e9e14190873626) http://thumbnails76.imagebam.com/19088/275a2d190873638.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/275a2d190873638)

Uriel
May 18, 2012, 08:17 AM
That must be Minerva. Hum, I expected something more...greek.

ILikeSleeping
May 18, 2012, 08:29 AM
6) Minerva pops up or someone else from the 5 are sent to fight him and either spar for a bit 
Called it!
It looks like natsu gets off scotfree and lays a verbal Beatdown on them from the spoilers.

Ifrit
May 18, 2012, 08:30 AM
That must be Minerva. Hum, I expected something more...greek.

...I expected something more related to the name of the chapter....Like Natsu Vs Gemma not Natsu Vs Minerva.

I thought Minerva entrance should have been in the tournament, where he can make her fight some1 and show us what she is capable of.

But I did expect her to be the stronger of those 5 members.

SlayerKisame
May 18, 2012, 08:52 AM
http://38.imagebam.com/download/uQoe2DaEEPHFhfFvl8zuCw/19088/190873664/6.jpg

Well, that's an interesting image of him carrying Happy and walking off. :P

And wow, the four of them are sweating hard. Are they really intimidated by Natsu or Minerva?

Krono
May 18, 2012, 08:55 AM
...I expected something more related to the name of the chapter....Like Natsu Vs Gemma not Natsu Vs Minerva.

By the page numbering I suspect we'll get around half a chapter of Natsu vs Gemma. Cover page is 333. First page with Minerva isn't numbered, but by their reactions she's interrupting something. The next page with her and Gemma is numbered 350, and the last page is 352.

REN KOUEN
May 18, 2012, 09:37 AM
man i am wanting to see some epic fighting, , hopefully these spoilers are leaving out the meat of it

Rarhyx
May 18, 2012, 11:01 AM
sting is a bit scared?
yeah!^^

okaneman
May 18, 2012, 11:07 AM
sting is a bit scared?
yeah!^^

It looks like he's excited by the way he blushing.. Maybe he didn't expect Natsu's strengthness?

Darjaille
May 18, 2012, 11:23 AM
Oh right it seems for once the enemies aren't all "Oh pft Natsu Dragneel he's so weak I wanna laugh", I guess his fight against Gemma was impressive. The faces of the whole guild I guess after he does something to Minerva and walks off are quite serious and surprised. Well done if it's like that! :D

Sting just wants to beat Natsu up, Rogue seems more and more sweet.. well not really, but he seems nicer, that's for sure.

Ifrit
May 18, 2012, 11:27 AM
It looks like Happy got a hit somehow. I doubt Natsu touched Gemma. When he walked away it looks like Gemma did not even move a finger.

Also Minerva has this winner smile on her face. I think he actually lost, but I hope I'm wrong. I prefer Natsu giving a good fight against anyone as long its not the master of SABERTOOTH.

As I said before Rouge fit in Fairy Tail guild. Sting is simply an "A.H", and I can't wait to see his face after he get :pwned by Natsu

I think the fight between Rouge and Gajeel will be a draw.

Remember Rouge n Sting said they killed the person who taught them Dragon Slayer magic. Probably they killed the Edolas version of Igneel n Metalicana :S

Maybe they will laugh in Natsu face once they told them he was actually trained by a real Dragon.

1337 haxor
May 18, 2012, 11:29 AM
It seems that Natsu reminded his younger DS peers why they looked up to him and Gajeel on their childhood.

It appears that Natsu damaged one of Gemma's arms, seems he not much of an overtly powerful master, it's more likely that Sabertooth is powerful because of it core members.

Zangetsu01
May 18, 2012, 11:33 AM
Chinese Scanlation
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1597256760

Ifrit
May 18, 2012, 11:47 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I like Natsu way to go hahahhahaha

threaten him by capturing Happy that just lame. That master is really lucky Natsu owned him !!!

Keep that up Natsu and ur gonna reach top 1 mage in Fairy Tail beside Laxus

1337 haxor
May 18, 2012, 11:52 AM
Mother of haxor! Natsu got some ludicrous power up!

Kudos to Ultear and her butt rape!

Darjaille
May 18, 2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah, quite same here, Natsu isn't my favorite wizard of them all, but I still kinda feel strongly for him now! I'm proud of him, somehow :XD
I expected that the Sabertooth's Master won't be as strong as his 5 aces, but he would have gotten killed here lol. Of course if Natsu was capable of killing anyone sniff XDD

I really like the panel where Natsu as a dark shadow walks away, Happy on his chest.
They'll pay later anyway.

Shadoguardian
May 18, 2012, 12:57 PM
Not if they choose to lodge a complaint. I'm guessing that could stifle things, like banning Natsu from participating in any event or battle until the last day.

Ifrit
May 18, 2012, 12:58 PM
I expected that the Sabertooth's Master won't be as strong as his 5 aces.

It looks like he's not using his left arm the Master of SABERTOOTH.

Remember HADES got serious when he used his right eye. Perhaps this is similar somehow, as much as I enjoyed watching Natsu giving him hard time, I don't think he was fighting seriously, or it will be really disappointing for SABERTOOTH to have a master at his level.

kkck
May 18, 2012, 01:06 PM
Nice chapter lol.

Nice to see natsu kicking some ass. It seems like he is more than capable of using his lightning flame now, he did not tire and got the upperhand on a master of a guild. I don't think it is that surprising natsu was able to go this far against a master though. If he was anywhere near to erza as he has been made out to be before the timeskip then he was already close to the magical level of the 10 wizard saints in the old days. With urtear's boost he could have gotten who knows how much power and on top of that he is able to significantly enhance himself with lightning magic. As long as natsu has his lightning flame then even the stronger people around should be wary of him.

Krono
May 18, 2012, 01:17 PM
Not if they choose to lodge a complaint. I'm guessing that could stifle things, like banning Natsu from participating in any event or battle until the last day.

Ah yes, lodge a complaint so it can be generally announced that a member of the "weakest" guild Fairy Tail is being penalized for attacking the "strongest" guild Sabertooth, going through all but their their strongest members like a hot knife through butter, pounding on their guild master, and not being stopped until they kidnapped and threatened his talking cat.

I'm sure Sabertooth will be in a huge rush to get that boost to their reputation for strength out there.

matzik1212
May 18, 2012, 02:03 PM
Wow this chapter is gonna be awesome i see . I'm really curious to see why Natsu left like that and what happened to Happy . Could it be that that biatch Minerva did something to him ? :-_-

Anyway my guess is that they came to an agreement somehow to solve it all on the tournament battleground . I mean i don't see anything other than that happening knowing Natsu's personality . He wouldn't just give up even if his life was on the line so this must be the case IMO :nod

Atobe the king
May 18, 2012, 02:46 PM
Its out on manga stream, they said based on his little show natsu is top 10 in sabertooth lol. I dont think Gemma could take natsu...he's being overestimated but we'll see lol

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/54328975/1

Skyguardian
May 18, 2012, 02:51 PM
Epic chapter was very epic :O

Natsu sure got some new skills... Great :D

Next chapter title sounds very cool.

Ifrit
May 18, 2012, 02:57 PM
I vote Epic. !!!

Minerva is Gemma daughter ?

That look on Sting face is really rare. Now he's having second thoughts on fighting him. As I said before its really lame.

The master of SABERTOOTH recognizing Natsu strength lol. What would happen to him if he fought Makarov. Actually it won't be a fair fight for him put Laxus or Gildartz.

Rarhyx
May 18, 2012, 03:01 PM
It looks like he's excited by the way he blushing.. Maybe he didn't expect Natsu's strengthness?

Imo you can see his fear also even if its a bit.
and since when can natsu do fire-lightning-metal-punch oO

sarutobi_sensei
May 18, 2012, 03:04 PM
Natsu showcased new power :D Great!

Even Sabertooth's Master was like: damn the kid has got some power. But where exactly was this guy 7 years ago? Why wasn't he mentioned before? :| He guy seems to be really powerful...

Still, Minerva's defense was better than Natsu's offense at that moment. She kinda looks like a grown up wendy.

Poor Happy, he got caught at the entrance...

Rogue is more of a nakama type of character than Sting. Sting reminds me of idk, early Gajeel. Can't wait to see the next chapter.

Raicrune
May 18, 2012, 03:05 PM
Epic chapter! Natsu did great .. even made sting shit in his pants!! I hope Natsu gets to fight Minerva at the tournament.

What would happen to him if he fought Makarov. Actually it won't be a fair fight for him put Laxus or Gildartz.

I bet only Natsu and Gildartz are enough to wipe out Sabertooth!

Ero-Sanji
May 18, 2012, 03:17 PM
So, Natsu didn't do anything at all except from tiring himself out.
The chapter didn't contain that much, apart from the same old action, the one thing that caught my eye was both the guild masters strength and Minerva's ability. The guild master just stood there and took it all with ease, could he be on of the top 10? Minerva's ability has to do with some teleportation or dimensional control being able to put something away, either from that exact place or that dimension, and force it back as seen with Happy. Other than that it's nice to see Rouge sharing some emotional thoughts but it doesn't add up since he killed his dragon, his parent. Sting on the other hand was pretty stunned of Natsu's power, can't wait for the final day with the duoble battle!

Edelheld
May 18, 2012, 03:23 PM
Minerva is hot-hot-hot!!!
And wait! Is that a fish scale in Happy's paws?! Does he waves his tale in amusement?! OMG! Minerva bribed him! You see a victim? - I see a traitor! Though I'm not the one to blame him being in Minerva's arms and all :teehee

REN KOUEN
May 18, 2012, 03:46 PM
epic chapter!!!, wow this is why i love fairytail

natsu was going toe to toe with the master of one of the strongest guilds, and you can tell a few of the sabretooth members dont like the way gemma treated the little spirit mage either

THM Nindo
May 18, 2012, 04:04 PM
Iron strike?! :blink
Can Natsu now do Fire/Lightning/Iron punches!?

Krono
May 18, 2012, 04:30 PM

Natsu's standard punch has always been named "Fire Dragon's Iron Fist".

NAM61
May 18, 2012, 04:32 PM
nice chapter i knew he would not get pawned like people said natsu has gotten powerful he can use both fire and lightning looks like with not tiring out

hoeru
May 18, 2012, 04:32 PM
Good chapter. Minerva as hot and strong as expected, I'm only sorry for her not being a Godslayer as I predicted... ^_^ For now, I find her "Yin Yang" magic pretty interesting.

And wait! Is that a fish scale in Happy's paws?!
Happy is tied up so that's a rope...

natsu was going toe to toe with the master of one of the strongest guilds, and you can tell a few of the sabretooth members dont like the way gemma treated the little spirit mage either

Do you see any scratches on Gemma as they were on Natsu for that one attack from Gemma? Gemma seemed cleary stonger than Natsu to me. It wouldn't make much sense anyways if Gemma was a weak numbskull.

"Tekken" already meant "Iron Fist". If Natsu were to deal hits based on iron element, it would be called sth. like "Tetsuenryuu no ..." ("Iron Fire ...)". ;)

meepers4982
May 18, 2012, 04:48 PM
havent posted anything in a long time but it is really good to see natsu be serious, you know that when he's serious stuff is going to go down. I really like the chapter and it looks like the arc is headed in a new direction.

exacta
May 18, 2012, 05:36 PM
Title of the chapter was a little misleading, but at least Natsu actually attacked Gemma. Before everyone starts saying how "weak" Gemma is, please remember that not a single one of those hits Natsu landed did jack squat, and that Minerva said Natsu would've gotten owned, after blocking Natsu's attack perfectly. Chapter was kinda short.....it was cool though. Was hoping to see one attack from Gemma. Got to admit though, Mashima's pretty good at making old people look badass.

R3D
May 18, 2012, 05:42 PM
So will dobengal and the 'extras' of sabretooth need to get naked and get leave the guild since they were beaten by a single guy ? if they did , most probably half of the guild have to leave haha

liductan
May 18, 2012, 05:48 PM
It wouldn't matter if they left, clearly only about members make up the guild anyway. Everyone else appears to fodders, then again who knows...

SlayerKisame
May 18, 2012, 06:08 PM
Very good chapter. It's sad that Happy got caught at the entrance, would've been great to see a full blown fight. Also funny to see that Sting and Rogue and the other two were actually sweating at Natsu's confidence and his beat down with Gemma. Let's face it, they are only in Gemma's guild because he's strong. Otherwise, they wouldn't be so uptight when he gives them commands or humiliates a guild member. The fact that Natsu just destroyed a top 10 guild member and violated Gemma can only mean they seriously underestimated him and that's the reason the top 4 got all nervous.

Minerva pulled a fast one, but she didn't seem that intimidated by Natsu. Could she be #1 of the top 5? Very interesting developments!

kidopitz27
May 18, 2012, 06:40 PM
what if Gildarts is there with FT and trained the same way as Natsu and Co.

Kauia
May 18, 2012, 06:41 PM
I was nervous at how the chapter would come out. Now that I saw it, I was amazed. I was expecting Natsu to be pawned but then Minerva and Happy happened. It's such an epic chapter. I loved the way Natsu picked up Happy and left the guild leaving this impact on them and you just got to love the Sting's expression. So epic. It was so short, I felt like there should be more.

I can't see Gemma being someone as an enemy to be fought by fairy tail as a main villain in this arc. I just feel as though something big is going to happen in the tournament that will change Sabertooth by the end of the arc.

The next chapter's title is "Pandemonium" which is quite misleading seeing there are many ways to view it. But according to the one who invented the word who was English poet John Milton (1608-1674) in his poem "Paradise Lost"; Pandemonium is what he calls the "capital" or center of hell, Pandemonium is where Satan and his peers live.

I can only think of the implication of what will happen if Arcadios gets the gate to be opened and that's still chapters away. There is also Raven tail. Among the three candidates for villains in the chapter, Raven tail has yet to show what their intentions are by showing up. Mavis has suspicions and Makarov once said that he left fairy tail possessing a very important information about fairy tail. As for Sabertooth, I see them as the most honest one seeing as their priority is strength, Laxus' once ideal guild for fairy tail but then again there may be a deeper story into that which I hope to be revealed soon.

Impossibility
May 18, 2012, 06:57 PM
Good chapter. Minerva is interesting enough. Natsu's barrage was rather impressive even if it appears as though he only managed to annoy Gemma at best. Sting & Rogue's reactions were relatively surprising considering that its typical for Fairy Tail to be considered by their opponents to be trash. Natsu's departure from Sabertooth was well done. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Tygulopk
May 18, 2012, 06:59 PM
It was nice to see Natsu shine this chapter, since it's been a long time since he's kicked ass without an 11th hour powerup.
Looks like Minerva uses some kind of Magatama magic. She also seemed totally unfazed by Natsu, while the other Sabertooth team members were totally rattled. I wonder if that means that she's the Gildartz of the guild?
The way that Natsu gave up the fight for Happy speaks volumes, especially in the White Dragon Slayer's reaction. I definitely think this feed into some kind of change of character for Sting.

crimsonlink310
May 18, 2012, 07:07 PM
Man I loved this week's chapter. Natsu really fired himself up and went at it. Dobengal getting pwned was hilarious and Natsu's new Iron Fist is awesome. Can't wait to see all the Lightning Fire techniques Natsu has now.

Looking forward to day 3 of the tournament. Minerva vs Erza anyone?

Kreantz
May 18, 2012, 08:38 PM
i guess makarov is much more stronger than saber tooth guild master XD
and
I hope yukino will join fairy tail.

Krono
May 18, 2012, 08:46 PM
Title of the chapter was a little misleading, but at least Natsu actually attacked Gemma. Before everyone starts saying how "weak" Gemma is, please remember that not a single one of those hits Natsu landed did jack squat, and that Minerva said Natsu would've gotten owned, after blocking Natsu's attack perfectly. Chapter was kinda short.....it was cool though. Was hoping to see one attack from Gemma. Got to admit though, Mashima's pretty good at making old people look badass.

Umm, in case you didn't notice, it got renamed Natsu vs Sabertooth.

Gemma did attack once, he counter attacked when Natsu first hit him, hence the damage Natsu took.

And while Minerva said Natsu would have lost had the fight continued, that falls under "villainous boasting". Aka "not to be trusted".

The next chapter's title is "Pandemonium" which is quite misleading seeing there are many ways to view it. But according to the one who invented the word who was English poet John Milton (1608-1674) in his poem "Paradise Lost"; Pandemonium is what he calls the "capital" or center of hell, Pandemonium is where Satan and his peers live.

Odds are decent that "Pandemonium" is the title of the game for day 3, following in the footsteps of "Hidden" and "Chariot". Remember, pandemonium can also mean "A very noisy place", "Wild uproar or noise", "wild confusion; uproar", etc.

hoeru
May 18, 2012, 09:06 PM
Minerva vs Erza anyone?

I have some kind of feeling that Mashima might head towards one of those group battles that were mentioned on Fairy Tail B's entrance. There are several formidable fighters for Elsa. Kagura is another one, while Gajeel could be replaced by Lily?

shnugin
May 18, 2012, 09:46 PM
That woke up me! Awesome chapter! Natsu definitely had the upper hand of that and Gemma underestimated him completely. So Natsu ranks within top 10 of Sabertooth? That's pretty cool. Also I think Minerva's magic has something to do with 'Teleportation Magic' or a worm hole type. She was able to transfer Natsu's strike through the wall and was able to materialize Happy. Sting is shaking and Rogue, I like him :fan Me want more fights next chapter!

SerpentTailedAngel
May 18, 2012, 10:26 PM
Loved seeing Rogue act like he gave a damn again. Sting blushing was a little weird. Maybe he was a big fan of Natsu's way back when.

My theory for the next chapter: Gray's forced to actually do something about the Juvia/Lyon situation. Or maybe that little sister of Sherry's does something. I kind of got the impression that she liked Lyon. She could be set to fight Gray (He's already gone up again Lyon once, and unless he's gonna get payback on Raven Tail he doesn't really have any other obvious opponents) and reveal that she's also a part of the love dodecahedron Juvia imagined up, since she decalred that it was pandemonium when Lyon first confessed to her.

Edit: Oops. I'm mixing up theories. Juvia could have a run in with Shellia, who she's then set to fight.

Shadoguardian
May 18, 2012, 10:39 PM
Personal Prediction (regarding Natsu):
* This arc, Natsu learns to efficiently use Lightning-Fire Dragon techniques.
* Future arc, Natsu learns to use Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic effectively by itself.
* Following arc, Natsu learns to unite the two properly, understand that they are both energy, and ascend from simple Lightning and Fire Dragon Slayer Magic to Light Dragon Slayer Magic.

Personal Prediction (regarding next chapter):
* Pandemonium is most likely the name of next days event.
* No idea what it will be, but regarding the participants, maybe:

* Orga for Sabertooth;
* Obra for Raven Tail;
* Milliana for Mermaid Heel;
* Sherry for Lamia Scale;
* Rabbit for Blue Pegasus;
* Semmes for Quatro Cerebrus;
* Jellal for Fairy Tail B;
* Wendy for Fairy Tail A.

thousandIN1
May 19, 2012, 02:08 AM
I have some kind of feeling that Mashima might head towards one of those group battles that were mentioned on Fairy Tail B's entrance. There are several formidable fighters for Elsa. Kagura is another one, while Gajeel could be replaced by Lily?

I hope Mashima doesn't pair Erza vs Minerva, i feel like it would be erza vs erza, anyone??
i'd rather see natsu vs minerva or rouge vs wendy.
oh and i didn't even think about lily!!! although if he is a reserve member i'd think that he'd participate in the games part instead of the battle part.

p.s
on a side note how will the tag team battles be played out: like a persona from each guild, so guilds have to team up or 2 people from the same guild??

Kurohitsugi
May 19, 2012, 02:12 AM
Guys, Gemma was completely unfazed and unscratched. He didn't even used his magic, Natsu performed very well but his opponent didn't even try, a thing that I was glad for. Gemma should be at least as strong as Makarov. IMO Natsu was pretty lucky Minerva intervened and stopped his fight and settle the thing in a peaceful way. Now that, we had a good look at Sabertooth's guild, I can say I am very impressed by them. They look as intimidating and strong as they should be, with a good and balanced top-5 roster and that Gemma-Minerva relative thing adds them some depth. They are not a villain guild, just a rival one and I think they will be around after this arc as well.

Despite seeing Minerva as a worthy opponent for Erza, I still believe that the latter is going to fight Kagura and resolve this Jellal-subplot. Minerva will probably be the Sabertooth's participant on the third day's game "Pandemonium", dominating everyone. Day 3 is going to be a very good one for Sabertooth, average for FT and bad for RT.

* Semmes for Quatro Cerebrus;

There's no guild named "Quatro-Cerberus" in this Tournament :p Seriously, if I were their master, I would only have Bacchus participate until the end of the tournament.

Airgrimes
May 19, 2012, 04:17 AM
or rouge vs wendy.

Wouldn't Wendy die? I dont see her as a fully fledged Singles Combat figher.

Jorge D. Dragon
May 19, 2012, 04:20 AM
The chapter was really badass. Never expected Natsu to perform that good, especially after he took quite a big pack of Sabertooth's members and then he even managed to take some strong guy and then fight Genma and clearly fight him not at full power as he didn't use his Lightning Fire DS mode from get-go. Of course Genma didn't get injuries, but still Natsu got way stronger than he was in the previous Arc. I would say that he is clearly S-class level now.

crimsonlink310
May 19, 2012, 05:05 AM
The chapter was really badass. Never expected Natsu to perform that good, especially after he took quite a big pack of Sabertooth's members and then he even managed to take some strong guy and then fight Genma and clearly fight him not at full power as he didn't use his Lightning Fire DS mode from get-go. Of course Genma didn't get injuries, but still Natsu got way stronger than he was in the previous Arc. I would say that he is clearly S-class level now.

I would say Natsu is at the edge of S-class as 7 years have passed and a magic boost doesn't account for experience and physical training.

* Orga for Sabertooth; Already went on the 1st day so I doubt it. Most likely Minerva instead.
* Obra for Raven Tail; Makes sense I guess
* Milliana for Mermaid Heel; That would be nice
* Sherry for Lamia Scale; I would be interested in seeing Sherry fight with Golem magic.
* Rabbit for Blue Pegasus; I really want to know if this person is a strong character or not.
* Semmes for Quatro Cerebrus; No idea who this is and don't really care.
* Jellal for Fairy Tail B; He fought against Jura so I doubt it. Most likely Laxus will finally make his debut.
* Wendy for Fairy Tail A. Either her or Erza will participate.

Airgrimes
May 19, 2012, 05:47 AM
* Wendy for Fairy Tail A. Either her or Erza will participate.

Am i missing something? Is Wendy really that strong?

Edelheld
May 19, 2012, 07:23 AM
Happy is tied up so that's a rope...

Oh, yeah, that's a rope =/
But don't let that fool you! =) Just look at the tip of his tail, it says it all.
And, actually, it shows that Minerva is a good strategist too, taking hostages right after attack while others were caught by surprise.

Marche
May 19, 2012, 08:19 AM
The title of the next chapter is Pandemonium.
This could be reffered to the contest, if this will be the case I believe that this will have something to do something that is noisy, the exact opposite of the first contest.
I believe anyways that in this contest will participate Erza, one between Luxus or Mira (for some reason I bet on Mira), Minerva (or perhaps Orga), Milliana, then perhaps Obra of Raven Tail.
For the other guild I don’t have any idea.

But there is even the chance that this does not refers to the contest, but something out from the contest (anyways I believe at the end of this chapter will begin the contest or at least we will know the partecipants, and the law of it, while the real contest will happened in the next chapter.
This is what I believe could happened:
1) The Pandemonium is something that will happened within Fairy Tail (Makarov will be pissed that Natsu went to Sabertooth guild).
I think it’s unlikely because I believe that Makarov after hearing Natsu’s reasoning will agree with him.
2) The pandemonium will happened because the news about Natsu’s action would be know in Fiore’s kingdom (unlikely because from what Minerva says I believe that Sabertooth will keep the secret, will found an excuse).
But perhaps the crow would only speak about the incident http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/283/13, even if they will not know the Natsu is involved.
3) Something regarding the Gateway and the preparation for kidnapping Lucy and Yukino.
4) Something regarding the love triangle between Lluvia, Gray and Leon.
It’s unlikely since Gray is not with them anymore, in fact he in the last chapter return with Erza to the lodging.
I think that the thing more likely is that is something about the contest.

Razh
May 19, 2012, 08:35 AM
Guys, Gemma was completely unfazed and unscratched. He didn't even used his magic, Natsu performed very well but his opponent didn't even try, a thing that I was glad for.

Oh I'm sure Gemma would have "felt" that last Tekken of Natsu's. Something about Gemma bothers me, especially considering his guild wasn't anything special until the 5 arrived. Also it's curious how Minerva intervened just when Natsu's fist was about to connect. I'm not implying anything, I'm just saying it's interesting. Natsu sure connected a lot of hits there.

Zeltrax
May 19, 2012, 08:43 AM
I don't usually post in the ft forums mainly because ft has always been the manga that lift my expectations so high and I had to see it fall so badly almost every time. But this was a really good chapter and I have something to address.

More bonds of friendship
Nakama power
Nakama power didn't even work here, it didn't even hurt Genma. I don't get why "more bonds of friendship" and "Nakama power" is a bad thing here. From the beginning of the manga until today we know how much importance FT holds when it comes to its guild members so I think it's only natural for Natsu to be this pissed off when he sees something that go against his morals so much. It made sense for him to attack and be a boss about it.

Sting thinking just that level of power was boss, power level loophole
more facepalm, smackhead, bang head against walls
Sabertooth being the strongest in fiore is amazing and wow, blah blah.
But you forgot that 7 years ago, Fairy Tail was dominating.
You call it a power level loophole but if we exclude the recent powerup given to natsu and just look at what he had done in the magic world in the past : Single hand-ly defeated Brain, took down one of the 7 kin, who at that time was the strongest dark guild and took down Hades.

Even with deus ex machina, it takes someone with real strength and skills to actually pull it off. Natsu is a powerhouse, 7 years might have created tougher opponents but his powers and skills from 7 years ago still remains.
If you expected something like Bleach power-levels where Genma one shot Natsu instantly, it will be a complete power level loophole.
Natsu being able to land hits on him make sense but not damaging him makes sense too.

only read for the art, and the lulz
I hope you at least enjoy it for the lulz that it brings you and I'm starting to wonder whether you're posting here for the lulz too because I sure as hell am not giving up on this arc.

Oh and because every guy had already said it,
P.S: Minerva is HOT :wtf

ShoobyDooBop
May 19, 2012, 10:11 AM
The chapter felt short. But I'm satisfied with what happened. None were right about how the fight would be stopped. And it irks me to see ppl doubting Jiemma's strength. Lector said it was suicide, Orga and the others was surprised that Natsu wanted a fight with Jiemma and Minerva said it that he would have won. And do you think 5 strong mages would work under someone who is weaker than them? And would a father normally humiliate a girl when he himself have a daughter? Seriously, ST members are only in the guild because of its strength. Just a gathering of thugs.

thousandIN1
May 19, 2012, 01:40 PM
i have a feeling that pandemonuim is the contest part for the 3rd day. i mean we already had 3 chapters that were set at night

as for contestants
*ST- either rouge or minerva
*FTB- jellel or laxus
*RT- flare so she can redeem herself
*LS- shelia
*BP- bunny
*MH- kagura
*QP- nobarly
*FTA- erza
battle parts(personal prediction)

BP Ichaya vs MH milliana
RT Obra vs ST Minerva
LS Shelia vs QP semmes
FTB juvia vs FTA gray

matzik1212
May 19, 2012, 01:41 PM
:wtf

Epic is all i can say . This chapter was really epic . Oh god how i missed seeing Natsu going on a rampage and beating the s**t out of whole guild :blai I don't care that in the end he didn't manage to scare the hell out of Sabertooth more , and i don't even care that Gemma wasn't to affected by Natsu's punches , the fact that i saw Natsu punching his stomach and all was really satisfying :nod

That Minerva is a weasel i see . And from the looks of it she's gonna be really troublesome. I think Erza is gonna make a great opponent for her. It was surprising she was Gemma's daughter , she's so different from her father . She's the smart , calculated type totally different from Gemma.

Anyway i'm glad Happy wasn't hurt , it was really cute seeing Natsu taking him in his arms :amuse He really looked cool this chapter . I missed seeing him like that . It seems the remaining days of the Magic Tournament are gonna be explosive , looking forward to that :)

dendenmooshi
May 19, 2012, 02:19 PM
Am i missing something? Is Wendy really that strong?

Wendy's healing powers were incredibly strong before the time skip. If Ultear was able to unlock and translate that healing power into an offensive force, Wendy has a great chance of being lethal.

Also, it looks like Rogue and Fro will join Fairy tail after this arc. He was definitely swayed by Natsu. The possibility of Sting joining is still up in the air though.

sarutobi_sensei
May 19, 2012, 03:06 PM
Well, since on the last chapter we got something about the Zentopia Incident, we've been waiting for a bit about it. On this week's anime episode, Zentopia is mentioned.

Since it's Mashima's work on the filler arc, we can assume that it will be canon.

Freid
May 19, 2012, 06:34 PM
Cool chapter. Lol as usual, Natsu knows no fear. Still, I liked this chapter for a few reasons. One being that it'd probably mark the beginning of Fairy Tail's rise to the top. Natsu showed Sabretooth a little of the kind of mages that Fairy Tail has, and I doubt they'd look down on them again after that. So from here on out, I don't think we'll be seeing the pathetic Fairy Tail that's been shown so far. In fact, my money's on Erza taking part in the next round. Why? Because Erza can't doesn't lose lol. It's almost as absolute as Fried's runes. And speaking of Fried, I sure hope he's the reserve member for Fairy Tail B.

Ifrit
May 19, 2012, 11:03 PM
And speaking of Fried, I sure hope he's the reserve member for Fairy Tail B.

Same here. Kick Jellal...send him to Team A. There is no point in putting him in Fairy Tail B team if he can't fight and get serious.

Mashima put is favorite mages in Fairy Tail A team ...take your Jellal there also. Put Fried in his place !!!

Marche
May 20, 2012, 03:42 AM
Now I will post my comment about this last chapter of Fairy Tail.
I begin from the cover page, Lluvia is really cute, I really like this cover with her and Gray.
I really believe that she and Gray will became a couple, after the 282’s chapter I believe that perhaps this could even happened after this arc.

I really like that Gemma before of fight against Natsu wanted that he proves to be a worthy opponent, for that reason he give to Natsu an opponent.
I really like how Natsu defeated that opponent with a single hit, surprising everybody.
Then counting that he passed the test Gemma accept his challenge.

Then Gemma repells without effeort Natsu first attack, but then Natsu speedily attack again and hit him several time, this give shocked Sting.
He uses his flame for give him more power. It’s been from Galuna island against Yuka http://www.mangareader.net/135-7147-19/fairy-tail/chapter-32.html.
Anyways when Natsu is ready to hit him with one of his strongest fist, at least I believe that that would be one of his strongest punches counting that he was using both fire and lighting.
In fact we can see clearly that the destructive power of that attack was really high http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/54328975/14.
Unfortunetely even if really expected Minerva stopped it.

To begin I must say that in the double page where she appeared is really sexy, she is really hot even when she embraces Happy, while in this first frame she is really ugly really good).
Anyways I believed that Minerva would weard greek’s clothes, just like Athena goddess, but from this chapter (and even from her hairstyle) she seem to wears archaic Japanese/chinise clothing.
She is even funny, when she asks to Natsu if “tonight’s festivities extended to the vicinity as well?”.

Anyways she says that Gemma would have win.
Even if it’s true that except for the very beginning he doesn’t even tried to attack Natsu, and that he remain unwounded after Natsu’s attacks, I believe that the he would remained wounded if he would took Natsu’s lastest attack.
I believe that Minerva is the strongest between the five, even stronger that Sting and Rogue.
I don’t think that Minerva is really Gemma daughter, I believe that she could call him “father” in the same way that Fairy Tail call Makarov gramps, or even as Midnight call Brain father.
But there is even the possibilities that Gemma is really her father, and that she was always near him but she waited to join the guild, just like Romeo.

Anyways I must say I am not sure about Minerva’s power.
She could be only reflect or deflect other magical power, just like a shield, in a similar way to what can do Yuka or Midnight.
In the truth I don’t think this is her power, I believe that she can manipulate the space and the time.
Her power is a bit different that Urtear power, where Urtear can send the things to the past or to the future, she change the thing within that time.
I believe that her power is comparable to the devil fruits of Law and a little bit of Blueno in One Piece.
I believe this because this would explain how she could bring out Happy from nowhere.
Anyways perhaps she can use her power thanks to her gloves, in fact she uses her power only where she wears gloves, when the it stopped her powers disappears.
Anyways I think that her gloves are strange, look in this pic http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/54328975/16, seem that the gloves transforms, seem that the gloves liquefy.

Then I really liked Natsu’s speech before leaving, when he speaks about the fact that they would not lose against them or that they would take good care of their nakama, even if this is a little repetitive.
I like that Natsu is frowning, and the opposite reaction of Sting and Rogue to Natsu’s words.

Sollum
May 20, 2012, 05:19 AM
This chapter was awesome for so many reasons!

1. Natsu managed to land few hits on Akuma Gemma
2. Minerva is first classy female in series
3. Natsu trashing ST penthouse and leaving unharmed

P.S. Minervas magic looks like some sort of Ying Yang headphones o.O I bet its balancing magic!
P.P.S. If Gemma is really her father, she is totally into Natsu! (called it)

oniichan powaa
May 20, 2012, 05:51 AM
I haven't post anything in this site for some time now, but I found that the latest chapter of Fairy Tail is quite an inviting topic to discuss about.

On to the topic:
At first I was tempted to vote this chapter as epic but I chose to vote it good instead because...
Mashima pick the 'safe route' this time; not promising many things (to expect) from chapter's ending. Not stating that the cliffhanger this time is not interesting, I'm just saying that there's not many option. Natsu challenges Gemma, Sting was surprised with Natsu's strength, the tension between Sabertooth and Fairy Tail / Natsu rise... The only outcome is to see them both fight in the magic tournament later on.

On a side note, about the fight between Natsu and Gemma:
Was interrupted by Minerva (supposed daughter of Gemma) and ended abruptly. I think this is a just decision at a just time because Natsu's trump card and Gemma's true strength should be kept secret until the end of the tournament or at least near the end, or else the story would be spoiled. Natsu has progressed a lot in terms of magic strength and is now able to maintain his lightning and fire element. Minerva on the other hand is portrayed with such mysterious power. Interesting foreshadow don't you think?

One last thing, is it just me or did anyone realize that Gemma is looking more and more like a Tengu??
*Wouldn't be surprised if later we see him flying with wings.. That would be unsightly :blink

redred
May 20, 2012, 03:00 PM
Yknow, i noticed minerva wasn't only blocking natsu, she also had one of her "shields" pointing at gemma, so im willing to bet he woulda stomped natsu had she not stepped in.
The guy had his arm tucked in his side the whole time for gods sake. He didnt even bruise from all those attacks.

thousandIN1
May 20, 2012, 03:29 PM
Cool chapter. Lol as usual, Natsu knows no fear. Still, I liked this chapter for a few reasons. One being that it'd probably mark the beginning of Fairy Tail's rise to the top. Natsu showed Sabretooth a little of the kind of mages that Fairy Tail has, and I doubt they'd look down on them again after that. So from here on out, I don't think we'll be seeing the pathetic Fairy Tail that's been shown so far. In fact, my money's on Erza taking part in the next round. Why? Because Erza can't doesn't lose lol. It's almost as absolute as Fried's runes. And speaking of Fried, I sure hope he's the reserve member for Fairy Tail B.

IMO if anyone is going to be the reserve member of fairy tail B, it should be lily of course.

PeleFT
May 20, 2012, 08:38 PM
About the chapters,
I really love the picture of Grey and Juvia! I'm actually hoping the next chapter isn't about the Pandemonium like an all out battle of everyone participating in the guild/ or whaterver variation please you like a two one one fight or something, but I would love love love love LOVE to see everything Settled with Juvia and Grey.
And I'm wasn't surprised that Natsu just ran through the supoosed strongest 10 of ST.
And Gemma's power, i believe has not been fully shown (i have a hunch it's titan magic), But Natsu was really determined and powerful, even though the fight wasnt' finished, I think Gemma did get hurt (maybe his wrinkles just hid the bruises).
That Minerva. Cheater! bringing in a hostage like that. MAybe she uses Teleportation, some Ying Yang MAgic, but maybe her magic is like a battle magic, where everything she sees is like a Grid or GPS system or sumthin.
Natsu's become a real gent, being all calm with leaving and stuff. real smooth.
Sting and Rogue- fanboys. Especially Sting, making creepy blushes about Natsu....

dragons4life
May 20, 2012, 09:13 PM
If you take a closer look on sting you can see:

1. He's smiling
2. He's laughing "kukuku"

So he is excited like he really wants to fight him real bad.

SlayerKisame
May 21, 2012, 03:36 AM
If you take a closer look on sting you can see:

1. He's smiling
2. He's laughing "kukuku"

So he is excited like he really wants to fight him real bad.
I would rather say he is way too nervous. Look at the previous chapter where he gets up with Rogue literally sweating and sweating more at the sight of Natsu. He is really intimidated and it's no wonder considering the first thing he sees is Natsu as a maddened badass who just broke into the guild suite looking for the master and striking ST members in his way.

lunacat
May 21, 2012, 11:36 AM
Yknow, i noticed minerva wasn't only blocking natsu, she also had one of her "shields" pointing at gemma, so im willing to bet he woulda stomped natsu had she not stepped in.
The guy had his arm tucked in his side the whole time for gods sake. He didnt even bruise from all those attacks.

agreed, if he wasn't willing to do something bad to Ntasu she wouldn't have made a shield on his side too.
can't wait to see what kind of power she has, but the most epic battle i am dying to see is Erza Vs Kagura:zomg

Shadoguardian
May 21, 2012, 08:38 PM
Here's a funny thought! What if Pandemonium is a race or event to see... who can destroy a self healing object first! After all, destruction is Fairy Tail forte, right? It will be perfect for them to earn some high points!

Xguard
May 21, 2012, 09:25 PM
I think her power is to manage the space just like Kakashi's Genjutsu(From Naruto). She can grab or pull something from the other dimension. I'm sure she kept Happy at that dimension. I don't think her glove can transform but it the effect when she pull out her hands from her space's dimension, it's just transferring back so we saw it was transform.

NAM61
May 21, 2012, 09:58 PM
i think minerva magic is like ukitake from bleach shika ability where one sword absorbs one attack and fires it out the other one. i think minerva uses yin and yang magic where she absorbs an attack probably using yin and teleports it through the other end using yang. maybe the rope haapy had was made of one of the things and she teleported him to the other one

Darjaille
May 22, 2012, 04:23 AM
I think her power is to manage the space just like Kakashi's Genjutsu(From Naruto). She can grab or pull something from the other dimension. I'm sure she kept Happy at that dimension. I don't think her glove can transform but it the effect when she pull out her hands from her space's dimension, it's just transferring back so we saw it was transform.

That would be a probably better version of Erza's equip. Summoning things from another dimension isn't that strange in this manga (Equip magic/Stellar mages).

-Ken-
May 24, 2012, 09:22 PM
I'm kind of looking forward to whom we will see from Sabertooth next. They are all awesomely designed characters.

Ifrit
May 25, 2012, 12:55 AM
I'm kind of looking forward to whom we will see from Sabertooth next. They are all awesomely designed characters.

I wonder who will participate on behalf of Fairy Tail B. If it is the young lady form Sabertooth, then perhaps it is a given she will get the first place.

Pandemonium! is a Japanese video game on PS 1. Unfortunately I never played it, so I have no idea what the coming chapter is all about.

lawlett-kun
May 25, 2012, 02:49 AM
Haven't see the spoilers yet but I do hope to see erza fight in the future chapters.but to be honest I have a feeling we will have a talk o chapter at the end announcing a next fight. As to Minerva, I believe her magic has to do with dimensions.I have high expectations of her, IMO she should be gild arts level.her magic is pretty unique

Buggy
May 25, 2012, 07:00 AM
I found out what pandamonium means:

http://images.worldgallery.co.uk/i/prints/rw/lg/4/1/Banksy-Pandamonium-414562.jpg

A quick joke while waiting for chapter, don't get mad :^_^

liductan
May 25, 2012, 07:44 AM
LOL, love it! I don't feel like this coming up chapter will have a match, I think something else will happen.