PDA

View Full Version : Shanks "New Era" and the incident Ace x BB battle would start

shii
January 22, 2007, 04:20 PM
So what should be those 2 things?

Maybe the New Era Shanks talk about has relations to Dragon's Actions or it's something of his own beliefe?

Aboutthe incident, what could it be?

> SOrry if there's already another topic on it, I saw none >>"

OP_overlord
January 22, 2007, 08:45 PM
shanks "bet his arm on a new era" as he told WB so it is logical to say that he was talking about luffy and him becomeing pirate kill

sushi
January 23, 2007, 02:28 AM
yeah sorry does shanks n dragon know each other

shii
January 23, 2007, 02:37 AM
>> I dont mean they're working together, It's more like...what could be the newera he talks about

I just said about the Dragon cuz he's a revolutionary and that should mean he wans something "new' too, like the new era shanks is talking about >> and now Luffy stands against the WG too and all...

sushi
January 24, 2007, 02:43 AM
I see

if shanks really knows and is a friend to dragon that would be even better

shanks knows that luffy is dragon son and that is why he helps luffy thus making luffy the new person to help dragon to overthrow the WG besides being the next pirate king

gao_dargon
January 25, 2007, 12:30 AM
i dont think that dragon and shanks have a relationship, like freindship or something, i think they might know of each other cuz of shanks being an emperor and dragon being the 1ยบ criminal, but thats about it i think, and about the new era, i think that the battle between ace and bb was the triger cuz its when luffy will start his rampage to the wolrd looking for his brother or avengin(spelling?) him, i think luffy is the peek of the new era, the era of dreams, the one flamigo is trying to crush

Dark^_^Chi
January 25, 2007, 09:21 PM
This is very interest to talk, but I thought that Shanks say about to consider Ruff the new Pirate king or the new imperator not about Dragon. All the people in OP didn't know anything about Dragon, nico Robin say this when Garps say about her son Dragon to be Ruff's father. Because this I thought that Shank don't know aboute Dragon, only he is a Revolucionary, Don't know her name or poisition, power or that he had a son and this son is Ruff... Because Anyone knew nothing about Dragon... and Shanks I think is the same...
Bjux!!!

Pimpolho
January 29, 2007, 06:51 PM
The new era i think is the fall of WG. The fight will be the trigger because i think BB will feel so superior that he will try to be WOrld King and Luffy will try to stop him and revenge or save Ace.This clash will decide the new Pirate king and change the navy and WG .

TheComrade
January 29, 2007, 09:24 PM
Personally, I agree with the comment about the era of dreams. Shanks lost his arm saving Luffy's life and inspiring him to follow his dreams. Furthermore, this new era represents a serious shift in the world powers, and inevitably will lead to the truth about the Lost Century and possibly the dissolution of the World Government.

As for the battle being a trigger, it is the event that not only introduces Blackbeard onto the world stage as a major threat, it is also an event that will set him in direct conflict with the major powers of the world, and creates the necessary pretense for eventual battle with Luffy.

xr3b0rn5inx
February 01, 2007, 11:33 PM
I think Shanks and Dragon have came face to face before,since their both in such high position in the world.

OP_overlord
February 02, 2007, 05:13 PM
yeah that and they both "care" about luffy shanks gave him his arm and dragon is his dad and wants him to help him take over the world so he needs him
but the powers of this world will change because of the new era...

Efreet
February 05, 2007, 08:16 AM
i think the great incident would be the..ahem...(Caution: May sound quite lame)

The Clash of the Three Great Powers

these three "deities" have been struggling to maintain balance for quite a while

Whitebeard is an Emperor, and perhaps some of his fearsomeness comes from Ace, with Ace's death/ defeat, he (and the entire Yonkou) is weakened

The Gorousei will, of course, hear of Blackbeard's victory and will be queuing up to get him to join the Shichibukai..

with this, the powers will finally become somewhat even and there is no better time for the showdown than now

vorlon83
February 07, 2007, 09:01 AM
Me personally thinks that this new Era will be the fall of the WG.

But then I have another Question...!

You all take about the new Era, but in what relation stands the New Era to the New World?!

Sorry for my bad English but i#m just some stupid german ;)

OP_overlord
February 07, 2007, 10:49 PM
the new world is the later half of the grand line and the new era was speculated many times by different people, don ... aihkoasdhgib (however you spell his name) said that he would creat an era devoid of dreams, dragon prob wants no more WG and shanksis betting for a new pirate king in the new era.

falco_dergento
February 26, 2007, 11:16 PM
it is said that the three great powers are always in balance with each other. so i think the 'great incident' that will occur is the crumbling of that balance! maybe it's something like efreet said! BB becomes sichibukai, to avange Ace WB will launch an attack to BB group! and since BB is one of the sichibukai, it'll become the collision of between the yonkou and sichibukai!

OP_overlord
February 26, 2007, 11:33 PM
but will the other shichibukai come to BB aid and will the other yonkou come to Wb aid or will it be a one on one crew battle cause WB crew is bigger put that doesnt mean much he could just have more weak guys and the Wg could always order teh other shichibukai to go to BB aid and then WB woulod be in trouble

Goji
March 16, 2007, 10:02 AM
Personally, I agree with the comment about the era of dreams. Shanks lost his arm saving Luffy's life and inspiring him to follow his dreams. Furthermore, this new era represents a serious shift in the world powers, and inevitably will lead to the truth about the Lost Century and possibly the dissolution of the World Government.

As for the battle being a trigger, it is the event that not only introduces Blackbeard onto the world stage as a major threat, it is also an event that will set him in direct conflict with the major powers of the world, and creates the necessary pretense for eventual battle with Luffy.

Well said! ^^

So eventually there's going to be one giant battle between all the major players of the world and Luffy's gonna be stuck right in the middle of it...
I like it! XD

Anti-panda
March 19, 2007, 12:12 PM
I think the garousei or old men of the World govt. Have shown us that above anything else they are interested in maintaining the balance of power in the current world. Two things. One it is weird that they don't seek to destroy the pirates who for all intents and purposes go against thier order and don't aknowledge their rule.
Two if BB beats ace and hands him over to the Govt. the Govt. might just deny him a position as a shinchibukai. Because that may move whitebeard to action against the govt and totally destroy the balance they seem to want to preserve.

treetop430
March 19, 2007, 05:13 PM
All I can say is good-bye Whitebeard, and the World Government better fear for themselves! Luffy don't play.

As grim as Ace's future looks (;_;), considering that Shanks was concerned enough to go after the "great" WB, I can't help but wonder what would Ace's reaction be if Shanks were to seriously down and disable Whitebeard and just show that he's not fit to be the pirate king Ace is so hell-bent on making WB become. And I can't help but wonder if the Yami Yami no mi has some adverse effects...I just wanna know WHY Ace is so determined to keep WB's legacy so strong. I hope some sort of Ace's history is revealed in an upcoming chapter...

OP_overlord
March 19, 2007, 10:23 PM
yeah i like this ace will relize that Wb is getting weaker and join luffy's crew and make it alot stronger

and that should scare teh world gov more power to teh SH not so good after they took down the CP9, and the buster call.

and wouldnt the elder stars want a new shichbukia because they need to either restore the balence of power or gain teh advantage with a new stronger recruit and they are behind in all other matters so yeah,...

and anti panda the whole balence of power thing is just a waiting game to see who is dumb enought to make the first move and start a war and have teh other two sides fight the one and now that everyone is weaker due mainly to the SH the power is still pretty much even with teh yonkou wining slightly

infyquest
March 19, 2007, 11:37 PM
May be the is event related to the Revolutionaries and WG.

OP_overlord
March 20, 2007, 09:34 PM
not to be rude but we kinda relized that and are now trying to find out where the other powers are in this new era and what they have done to shape it and what they are doing once it is made

Anti-panda
March 23, 2007, 11:24 PM
Whitebeard vs World Govt + Interference by Revolutionaries. Thats the equation. I still think if BB turns ace over to the world govt in a atempt to gain shinchibukai status. He'll wind up making them angry and if his actions move whitebeard to take action against the world govt. The Garousei (old men) will take action against BB. It' makes me wonder why they are soo against disrupting the 3 powers. You'd think if they had a chance to wipe out the pirates they'd take it.

Absolutio
September 25, 2007, 06:45 AM
After the fight between Teach and Ace on the island of Banaro the narration says that their fight was a trigger for a great incident to come... Anyone have any ideas as to what they meant?

That was kind of what all of this (dead) thread was about..

Impel Down
September 25, 2007, 08:51 AM
I'm guessing BB uses his defeat of Ace to join the Shichibukai, getting more power in the world, and making WB decide to attack the Shichibukai, thus attacking the WG, sparking a Yonkou/World Government Battle Royale Pay-Per-View Extravaganza.

OP_overlord
September 25, 2007, 10:24 PM
or the talk with WB and shanks, goes on as planed and shanks convinces WB not to go to war but to send a special force go and get ace back from the new appointed shichibukai. and the WG wont care that much cause he is just a servent of theirs not a nakama "of sorts"

Impel Down
September 26, 2007, 09:21 AM
But the talk wasn't what set off the "incident", was BB v. Ace. And I doubt they'd go to find Ace still fighting BB.

By now, BB's probably delivered Ace already.

gao_dargon
September 30, 2007, 04:46 AM
what i dont get is ,shichibukai work for goverment right? so y are they counted as an independent power? im not saing thats wrong cuz even the manga states so, but its kinda wird, also the shichibukai dont work together, they are parto of the group cuz WG made them a group, but they dont seem to care to much for theyr "commarades" do they? i dont think theyll join forces, Mehawk is more likely to team up with Shanks that to work with the other shichibukai, but i could be worng seeing that they do keep in touch (ahem sorry for the the last comment, if u know what i mean, if not then your ok with it and you shudnt mind at all xD)

Please, try to avoid these indirect references :)

MDLatqp
September 30, 2007, 10:05 AM
I think the relationship that the shichibukai and the world government have is more of a truce than one-working-for-the-other type thing. The shichibukai, as independent pirates, are very powerful with a lot of sway. So (and this is just one way it may have come about) the world government approached them and said "hey, if we agree to stop chasing you, will you agree to band together, kinda leave us alone, and exert a little bit of sway over the rest of the pirates?" In the end it's another means of control that the world government has over the pirates of the world. The thing to keep in mind though is that shichibukai, while technically working with the world government, are still pirates, and can still just be like "hey, ya kno what wg? screw you" and then go do something crazy. So I see it as closer to a co-operative rather than an employment type situation.

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 08:33 AM
Well, with the new chapter, it kinda seems like they DO deal with renegade Shichibukai, and with other shichibukai, none the less.

MDLatqp
October 01, 2007, 09:54 AM
Oh i'm sure they don't want renegades (if you were sengoku, would you?). So if a shichibukai went and did somethin crazy, i'm not sayin ther wudn't be consequences (or attempts at consequences). I'm just not sure if it would be the WG or another shichibukai who acted as 'discipliner'. Honestly, the more I think about it, I feel like the wg has a little too much control over the shichibukai, to REALLY consider the shichibukai one of the three great powers. Maybe oda can do somethin' about that....

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 11:08 AM
Crocodile and Moria seem to be doing their own thing, so maybe their grasp isn't all that tight.

And they seemed to make attendence and such pretty casual, and they still get to pillage and what not.

The Shichibukai may act arrogant, but they know the power the WG holds over them.

Imitorar
October 01, 2007, 12:19 PM
The Shichibukai are based off of privateers. Which basically means that they can do their own thing, but ultimately, they have to answer to the World Government. If the World Government wants to meet with them, they come. If the World Government has a job they want them to do, they do it. That doesn't mean that they only do things on the World Government's orders like the Marines, but the Shichibukai are an "elite squadron", if you will, for the World Government's use. But they are still a separate unit for use by the World Government then the Marines.

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 01:32 PM
Privateers were always under total control of their countries. They were basically told to become pirates before they even were.

Imitorar
October 01, 2007, 02:45 PM
Privateers were always under total control of their countries. They were basically told to become pirates before they even were.

Really? Not the way I learnt about them. They were basically regular ships, only with permission to attack enemy ships with the backing of the government. Basically, regular ships, who can follow their own agendas, but with permission to work a bit on the government's agenda, by attacking ships for them. That's how I think of the Shichibukai. They do what the World Government tells them to, and they work a bit towards pushing its agenda, but they aren't the World Governments pawns like the Marines, and they can, and usually do, just do their own thing.

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 03:32 PM
The Shichibukai WERE based off of privateers, don't get me wrong, but they aren't TOTALLY alike. Shichibukai have far less restrictions, it seems to me. They just do their own thing, but have to send 10% of their plunderings to the WG, while privateers were just sent on practically "missions" to steal from enemies and fight in wars.

Imitorar
October 01, 2007, 03:41 PM
So we're just differing on how much free rein Shichibukai have in comparison to privateers? Either way, I'm still pretty sure that privateers had mostly free rein also.

Impel Down
October 01, 2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, they were.

Anyway, on to other things, do you think that Kuma showing up might be in connection to "the incident"? Like, "all the Shichibukai come together, there's crazy shit goin' down!"?

MDLatqp
October 01, 2007, 04:18 PM
The impression I've got from observing the interactions of the shichibukai (what little we've actually seen of that) leads me to believe that they generally don't hang out. They seem to be pretty independent and unconcerned with one other. So, that makes me think that Kuma's arrival on Thriller Bark, in search of Moria, is because of some business. Specifically, some Shichibukai / World Government Business. Something that Moria couldn't or wouldn't really find out about from anyone else BUT a Shichibukai or World Government rep. What they need to discuss then, is anyone's guess, and there've been a couple good ones posted on the boards so far; the replacement member (Blackbeard), something about Ace, something about Shanks and/or Whitebeard. So, my guess is one of those.

So Impel Down, your idea is certainly possible, and I'd add that to that little list I just enumerated.

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 08:54 AM
I still can't get over Kuma's first sentence he ever said, "Now we have a target." I feel this may have something to do with Moria now, for some reason.

MDLatqp
October 02, 2007, 12:26 PM
Dude, when did he say that? At the meeting at Mariejoia? Because I'm pretty sure he's never actually said anything.... 0_0

Akainu
October 02, 2007, 12:50 PM
someone came up with this on APforums:
it was a mistranslation and meant that he agrees with the marine saying pirates are the scum of the seas ...
so basically it was the same as last week (hope we're allowed to talk about)
s.o. translated it with target whereas it meant "you're right", "you've hit the mark/bullseye" etc.

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 03:09 PM
Dude, when did he say that? At the meeting at Mariejoia? Because I'm pretty sure he's never actually said anything.... 0_0

In the manga he talks. In the anime, he does not.

MDLatqp
October 02, 2007, 05:39 PM
Oh, well in the manga, yeah, in that most recent chapter (unless you can remind me of some other occasion?). But he didn't say 'now we have a target'; he simply affirmed that a zombie's previous statement was (surprisingly) correct, and then he asked if moria was around. But yeah, ur original post confused me, so i was just curious.

Impel Down
October 02, 2007, 06:38 PM
Alright, just checking.

But remind me, what was he agreeing with the zombie with?

Imitorar
October 02, 2007, 10:04 PM
That he looked like a bear. Whose translation did you read? Both the translations I read made that pretty clear, I thought.

Please stay on topic ;)

Impel Down
October 03, 2007, 12:23 PM
He's not bearlike in any way aside from his clothes, with paw prints and bear ears for his hat, so that doesn't mean he has bear-powers. Just like Doflamingo wears flamingo-esque clothing, but he doesn't have flamingo powers, nor did Mihawk have hawk powers, Croc have crocodile powers, or Moria have gecko powers.

Imitorar
October 03, 2007, 12:32 PM
Were you talking to me? Because... I never said that Kuma had bear powers. Just that he felt that the zombie was right that he looked like a bear.

Impel Down
October 03, 2007, 01:18 PM
Well, he doesn't look very much like a bear, either. It's just the clothes. Same applies to Doflamingo, though.

Luckas
October 03, 2007, 04:01 PM
Please stay on topic, guys.

LoS
May 05, 2008, 04:47 AM
So there is still no clear leader to the "triggering" event?