PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 284 Discussion/ 285 Predictions

ghostexiled
May 18, 2012, 03:45 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

•Sasuke•
May 25, 2012, 10:00 AM
some pics

http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=47951505 lastpost

http://thumbnails77.imagebam.com/19211/aada03192108211.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/aada03192108211) http://thumbnails58.imagebam.com/19211/f1f984192108221.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/f1f984192108221) http://thumbnails17.imagebam.com/19211/b11ed2192108225.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b11ed2192108225)

Ifrit
May 25, 2012, 10:16 AM
wooow....looks like Jura is gonna participate a second time.

Cana from Fairy Tail B....damn no points for Laxus team >.>....I rather to put Freed into this.

Orga from ST again.

I vote for Jura to dominate this !!!...Go Jura...

If its not Jura...finally we get to see what that Raven Tail guy is capable of...

ghostexiled
May 25, 2012, 11:51 AM
Am I seeing the last spoiler pic right?

Is Erza missing a leg!?

1337 haxor
May 25, 2012, 11:57 AM
Basically Pandemonium is exactly as it says on the tin.

Enter a city full of demons and slaughter as many as you can before the timer runs out or you die.

Ifrit
May 25, 2012, 11:59 AM
Am I seeing the last spoiler pic right?

Is Erza missing a leg!?

LOL. No I don't think so.

I believe its a drawing like when a player is about to kick a ball his leg is backward xD

They just added this to spoiler Pic., so that word PANDEMONIUM stands for HELL...oh my..how the hell Kana is gonna survive such place :S

1337 haxor
May 25, 2012, 12:06 PM
LOL. No I don't think so.

I believe its a drawing like when a player is about to kick a ball his leg is backward xD

They just added this to spoiler Pic., so that word PANDEMONIUM stands for HELL...oh my..how the hell Kana is gonna survive such place :S

Mashima might troll us on this one, in the end Cana uses Fairy Glitter (lobbied Mavis to get it again) and wins.

-Ken-
May 25, 2012, 12:11 PM
Hope the leg lose isn't permanent. Will be bad if it is.

Ifrit
May 25, 2012, 12:11 PM
Mashima might troll us on this one, in the end Cana uses Fairy Glitter (lobbied Mavis to get it again) and wins.

I rather he used Laxus, and Laxus simply watch all of those guys trying to kill all these monsters, and before the time ends he activate his Hall of Thunder...destroying everything in this town and wins :PPPP

Krono
May 25, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hope the leg lose isn't permanent. Will be bad if it is.

She didn't lose the leg. The angle and motion is just such that we can't see it in that picture.

Shadoguardian
May 25, 2012, 12:19 PM
She hasn't lost her leg. If you look closely, you can see her kicking out with it. Also, it might be just me, but this ability to make towns, castles and demons appear out of nowhere, I think it might be because of the glasses wearing guy from Grimorie Heart, Rustyrose and his Arc of Embodiment.

kazerua
May 25, 2012, 12:20 PM
so it's Erza's turn finally:X:x:X:x dammit i just cant wait!!!!!

SlayerKisame
May 25, 2012, 12:22 PM
Those monsters at the end remind me of acnologia. They definitely aren't dragons but they don't look like regular monsters.

Buggy
May 25, 2012, 01:34 PM
Ah it's finally one of those two strongest guys from Raven Tail, and Jura and Erza - can't wait!

Ero-Sanji
May 25, 2012, 01:51 PM
If Laxus isn't in this event then he'll be in the fighting round, since Gajeel will probably be saved for last in the double fight along with Natsu against Sting and Rouge, if it will be allowed. I'm a bit worried though, it's only heavy-hitters and Cana, hope she has lost fairy glitter ability.

Krono
May 25, 2012, 02:00 PM
If Laxus isn't in this event then he'll be in the fighting round, since Gajeel will probably be saved for last in the double fight along with Natsu against Sting and Rouge, if it will be allowed. I'm a bit worried though, it's only heavy-hitters and Cana, hope she has lost fairy glitter ability.

Remember, Natsu and Gajeel are on different teams, so they should not be able to fight Sting and Rogue together. Given the way Sting and Rogue's character's have been going, I can easily see them having separate battles with Natsu and Gajeel. Or in Rogue's case, not fighting Gajeel at all.

Sollum
May 25, 2012, 02:16 PM
Remember, Natsu and Gajeel are on different teams, so they should not be able to fight Sting and Rogue together. Given the way Sting and Rogue's character's have been going, I can easily see them having separate battles with Natsu and Gajeel. Or in Rogue's case, not fighting Gajeel at all.

Gajeel can switch to team A i bet.

But anyways, i have a feeling that Natsu will fight against Minerva.

Ifrit
May 25, 2012, 02:51 PM
Gajeel can switch to team A i bet.

But anyways, i have a feeling that Natsu will fight against Minerva.

I agree with you. Fairy Tail has an advantage. They have enough decent mages that they can send two team and both teams reach this far.

I like the idea of Natsu n Gajeel Vs Sting n Rouge in one big fight !!

NAM61
May 25, 2012, 04:08 PM
i think laxus will fight next maybe he will either take on his father or the black lightning guy. and i think natsu will fight sting and rogue since gajeel is in another team would not be surprise if it is wendy on his team. even though gajeel is stronger for a reason.

thousandIN1
May 25, 2012, 04:15 PM
it looks like its gonna an awesome mix up
who do you think will come out on top???
i have a feeling it's gonna be a 5 or 6 way draw

-Ken-
May 25, 2012, 06:11 PM
it looks like its gonna an awesome mix up
who do you think will come out on top???
i have a feeling it's gonna be a 5 or 6 way draw

I hope not. I want to see some score move.

Franklyn D. Kieran
May 25, 2012, 06:40 PM
Chapter is out guys: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/11847077/1

Uriel
May 25, 2012, 06:50 PM
I....I just...
I can't stop fanboyism. I just CAN'T. OMG ERZA YOU'RE SO COOL AND AWESOME AND AHASGDJASGDJASFGASTFGEWUIYRTEWFHBDSFBAKFKAFGKAGFJDGFWITRI! *dies*
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4lqrcw2Gf1qcdrnr.gif

I just loved this chapter.
BTW, Erza is at the level of the 10 Holy Saints.

Atobe the king
May 25, 2012, 06:53 PM
Erza is so freaking OP holy crap lol. The anime will have a blast turning this into two episodes.

Majek
May 25, 2012, 06:57 PM
Oh come on. Well it's nice to see Fairy Tail kick ass but this is a bit much. I wonder if she'll have to rest for a while after this.

liductan
May 25, 2012, 06:59 PM
I don't have any words for this, I sort feel like it's a bit too much myself but I can't deny how awesome it was.

Raicrune
May 25, 2012, 07:03 PM
And again this is totaly unexpected! Giving noone a chance woopin all the monsters asses THIS IS GREAT!
Shit load of panels about the rules of the game.. and Erza does it in just one friggin awesome panel!

FIrst ithe writer makes us go.. GO ELFMAN
then.. GO NATSU
and now GO ERZA!!

oh and look at Sting.. With this, Sting wont be lookin down on fairy tail anymore!

Franklyn D. Kieran
May 25, 2012, 07:04 PM
As soon as I heard the rules of the game, I knew Erza would try and take them all on. But the fact that she succeeded is just plain badass!

Wow, I thought Natsu was pretty epic last chapter but seeing this I don't even know what to say... Haha.

So I guess we could put Erza on the level of the 10 wizard saints now right? I also thought it was really nice to see Yukino and her reaction too Natsu challenging her guild :)

SerpentTailedAngel
May 25, 2012, 07:06 PM
I'm torn between gushing over how amazing Erza was and complaining that nobody else saw any action.
If she got 100 points in the game and everyone else got 0, how do they distribute points for the tournament then? Does she get 10 for first and everyone else get 8 for second, or do they all get 0 for last, or does she get 34 or so points for places 1-7 since she's the only one to score?

Franklyn D. Kieran
May 25, 2012, 07:13 PM
I'm torn between gushing over how amazing Erza was and complaining that nobody else saw any action.
If she got 100 points in the game and everyone else got 0, how do they distribute points for the tournament then? Does she get 10 for first and everyone else get 8 for second, or do they all get 0 for last, or does she get 34 or so points for places 1-7 since she's the only one to score?

This is true... Maybe all the others get 0, or they have to fight each other to decide their places? At least the second way we would get to see them in action :)

Damn, that's a good point! Now I really wanna know how Mashima deals with this.

AandWguy
May 25, 2012, 07:21 PM
HOLY **************************************************!!!!

erza is **************** badass!!!

go erza go!!!!

Kauia
May 25, 2012, 07:21 PM
This is so epic I can't believe the chapter was over before I knew it! Sooo unfair. I loved Obra's expression! I loved every bit of the page. It's too bad the scenes couldn't have been done in detail so we can see how crazily she could have dealt with the whole thing. Still... epic.

Uriel
May 25, 2012, 07:25 PM
I read OP for the story. I read Naruto for the battles. I read Bleach for the designs. And I read Fairy Tail for the badassery.

And yes, now I'm curious about how the points will be dealt. I guess Erza will win the thing and the other will get 0 points for no participation.

sarutobi_sensei
May 25, 2012, 07:27 PM
Oh my god. Oh my GAWED!!!

She took down all 100 of them monsters! Unbelievable! Erza can never cease to amaze me!

With this FT team A is way ahead of the others :D Everyone's shocked faces were awesome!

DAMN this was awesome!

vanishedlight
May 25, 2012, 07:38 PM
Fairytale has been running into one wall after another, this is exactly what they needed to get off their asses! Whoo rah!

ILikeSleeping
May 25, 2012, 07:40 PM
My mind has just been blown:zomg...All the words that I could have said for this chapter were shot straight out of my bunghole...I am speechless at how crazy and badass this was.

i will now go lie down in a corner and lament to myself that I will never be this badass.

Impossibility
May 25, 2012, 07:42 PM
OMFG. What can be said? Epic. How can anything else compare?

Erza,The Titania....take your place among the pantheon of manga bad-ass legends. Incomparable, Unmatched, Unstoppable.

We bow before you.

yellowblue
May 25, 2012, 07:50 PM
Wow what a shock. Now everybody should have second thoughts about how strong Acnologia is. Good timing too, Ezra's epic win came just right after Natsu attacking the Sabertooth HQ.

I just love Natsu and Gray's reaction. Almost looks like Luffy's reaction to me lol. Is Ezra's power due to the "Second Origin" power-up made by Ultear arc of time? Can't wait to see Natsu's power-up as well.

-Ken-
May 25, 2012, 08:08 PM
I really want to know what Rufus say here

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/11847077/10

He's one of the mage from sabertooth I found interesting, after all XD

And... this chapter is badass. So totally awesome!

yieps
May 25, 2012, 08:12 PM
I read OP for the story. I read Naruto for the battles. I read Bleach for the designs. And I read Fairy Tail for the badassery. That sentence provokes so much offtopic I want to write.... however, I mu..s...t sus..tain.

I'd say 100 points for FT if the judges don't invent an exception clause. Of course, the claim the monsters weren't as hard as described is possible, I doubt, that will be the case.
Anyway, I hope the games will continue in the next chapter. The other guilds didn't move a finger so there's no point waiting a full day.

THM Nindo
May 25, 2012, 08:15 PM
This is the very definition of an epic chapter!
Just how more bad-ass can Erza be!?

That's why Fairy Tail is the best guild there is!
And, after this arc, it will rose again to number 1 !!

Quantized
May 25, 2012, 08:18 PM
............. Q_Q ............................................ wow....

All calm and tired after long and tiresome day, sitting with eyes half closed, realizing the new Fairy Tail chappy was out.
Here I calmly start to read... Moments after, I was sitting at the edge of my chair and my mind was Blown!

Hilarious chapter, although I got to admit I didn't like the unrealism in it, still the epic surprise made up for it :zomg
Hell, it's Fairy Tail, it is amazingly unrealistic and always will be, so might as well enjoy the ride :p

SerpentTailedAngel
May 25, 2012, 08:20 PM
Actually, upon re-read I'm a little disappointed. Such a huge portion of the chapter is dedicated to explaining the rules of the game in depth and Erza just breaks the whole thing. It was definitely a good ending point for the chapter, so maybe it could have begun with a little more character interaction rather than been padded with discussion over how it was a game of luck and pacing and all that crap.

Freid
May 25, 2012, 08:20 PM
Erza,The Titania....take your place among the pantheon of manga bad-ass legends. Incomparable, Unmatched, Unstoppable. I'm sure there's a seat prepared for her right next to Goku.

Lol oh god, what an unbelievably epic chapter this was.

EldaSenSei
May 25, 2012, 08:21 PM
Erza was OP!!! XD but there is also a battle part in these games and I predict that erza must fight again in this battle part with no shape unfortunatly :(

SerpentTailedAngel
May 25, 2012, 08:24 PM
That would be a nice way to balance out how over the top she got in this chapter.

Quantized
May 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
Thinking about it, Erza might get away with this without having a rematch for the others.
Since she completed the game, and the game was based on luck in the first place.

Getting nr. 8 for example, meant there was a risk there would be no leftovers left.
It just so happened that all of them didn't because Erza took em all :p

imho, no rematch, as unfair it might be :p

-Ken-
May 25, 2012, 08:30 PM
That would be a nice way to balance out how over the top she got in this chapter.

I don't know, gaining 100 points will put the team so much ahead that the rest of the 3 days would be kind of boring. Unless the last two game have been invented to give so many points that the other guild can catch up.

THM Nindo
May 25, 2012, 08:31 PM
Actually, upon re-read I'm a little disappointed. Such a huge portion of the chapter is dedicated to explaining the rules of the game in depth and Erza just breaks the whole thing. It was definitely a good ending point for the chapter, so maybe it could have begun with a little more character interaction rather than been padded with discussion over how it was a game of luck and pacing and all that crap.

Without those long explanation, this wouldn't have had the same impact.
Those were definitely important in delivering the epicness of the chapter, IMO.

-----

On another subject, is Yukino leaving somewhere?
She looks like she's not staying to watch the rest of the competition...

Zeltrax
May 25, 2012, 08:34 PM
:rofl epic chapter.
My favourite panel next to the awesome double spread has got to be that part when natsu and gray heard her saying "I'll take all 100" and laughed out loud,
that was basically my reaction too. Those two really understand her so well.
Erza is still the most awesome girl in this series after all :D

rose
May 25, 2012, 08:41 PM
I really want to know what Rufus say here

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/11847077/10

He's one of the mage from sabertooth I found interesting, after all XD

He's just laughing a bit. Not anything important.

lucy heartfilia
May 25, 2012, 08:52 PM
erza not only to fight

erza not only to combat

she always creates epic

erza sama is the best character in all history

noname1178
May 25, 2012, 09:11 PM
i read it once and i felt like erza's defeating the 100 were not emphasized enough
read it a second time, and focused in on each and every panel...and i was speechless.
i swear mashima is the only author that can put such feelings behind his drawings, everything was perfectly laid out.
epic for sure! jst like the past 4chaps for me =]

ghostexiled
May 25, 2012, 09:17 PM
I think that the Tournament will change the rules abit...

I think they will offer the other contestants a chance to 1 vs. 1 or stick with the OG plan fo the battle.

That or Mashima will troll us by showing that last monster actually is not dead... thus they will either give her a penalty or have her DQed from the round.

masubiladin
May 25, 2012, 09:22 PM
So basically Fairy Tail get 100 points? At this rate the two teams that going to go against each other in the final is going be Fairy Tail A and B.
I am trying to find the page where the current points of all the guilds are. Can someone help me?

VegetarianWolf
May 25, 2012, 09:30 PM
Damn this is the first time I'll post in a fairy tail thread. Well after reading the chapter I just want to say it

ERZA MARRY ME!!!

hoeru
May 25, 2012, 09:33 PM
Well.... aside from Elsa's epicness, two things caught my attention:

1. Kagura opened her eyes when Elsa defeated the S-class monster
2. Mashima changed the narrative plane: Elsa's win had influence on Levy's letter to Lucy.

BTW... Why is it suddenly "Grand Magic Games X793 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/284/7)"? It's supposed to be X791 (+ 3 months), isn't it? Or did Mashima place a backdoor timeskip to support the anime filler (which I don't intend to watch)?

REN KOUEN
May 25, 2012, 09:34 PM
Damn this is the first time I'll post in a fairy tail thread. Well after reading the chapter I just want to say it

ERZA MARRY ME!!!

I totally agree
Erza was already my favorite fairytail character, but now she is challlenging for my favorite current manga character

This chapter was beyond epic

SerpentTailedAngel
May 25, 2012, 09:36 PM
I don't know, gaining 100 points will put the team so much ahead that the rest of the 3 days would be kind of boring. Unless the last two game have been invented to give so many points that the other guild can catch up.

No. 100 was just for determining who got what place in that round. They're still distributing points 10, 8, 6, 4, whatever, right?

MONKEYS
May 25, 2012, 09:37 PM
Frankly, I think this is a testament to how good Mashima is. I mean, keeping the material facts the same (Erza taking on all 100 and succeeding) this could have been a terrible chapter, it could have affected the integrity of the entire series, but Mashima makes it work somehow.
I always enjoy Erza's battles, mainly because, even though she's not a main character, she's never treated as fodder.
Although, now I'm left wondering, why did Erza decide to do that, she's still up to be selected for battle, and if she is, she's going to get destroyed.
Anyway, I hope we'll see some Laxus action in day 3, probably against Raven.

-Ken-
May 25, 2012, 10:01 PM
So basically Fairy Tail get 100 points? At this rate the two teams that going to go against each other in the final is going be Fairy Tail A and B.
I am trying to find the page where the current points of all the guilds are. Can someone help me?

Well, now that I think of it. It could be "mini point" like Hidden. The points they gain isn't the point they keep. I wonder why Erza didn't go 51 monster, though.

JunKisaragi
May 25, 2012, 10:08 PM
That was quite epic.

Erza looks pretty messed up, I have this feeling that she'll go down and all of it won't be counted. But I sure hope that wouldn't happen.

Cana: What happens if you go down inside the temple?
Pumpkin: Then the number of points you've earned up until that turn will be as it is. The number of victories for that turn itself will be counted as zero, and you'll exit like that.

-Ken-
May 25, 2012, 10:30 PM
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c269/6.html

Actually, now that I reread it, it's probably 10 points for Fairy Tail. Erza should have totally take 51 monsters. But I guess there's bonus epic points for badassery.

REN KOUEN
May 25, 2012, 10:35 PM
So fairy tail A will get 10 points and every one else will have zero right?

Erza is totallly a main character, i dont know why some people say she is a secondary character

Buggy
May 25, 2012, 10:45 PM
Ah it's finally one of those two strongest guys from Raven Tail, and Jura and Erza - can't wait!

Hahaha this was my comment after seeing the spoilers, but it was no contest at all!

Fairy tail never ceases to amaze.

While the rules were being explained I thought how the game was quite complex and original.

When Erza was chosen first and she was like "it's no longer a game..." I though "No she wouldn't...":P

When she announced 100 I was jumping out of my chair literally, and everyone was shocked except Natsu and Gray, they know Erza's character extremely well.

In the end "A noble spirit is the proof of existence" such fitting saying for this epic chapter.

This is how you make those few minutes it takes to read manga chapter worth it. Good job.

Ifrit
May 25, 2012, 10:50 PM
Here comes Wonder Woman :guns

Ok, now that chapter is out:

Ranking :no

I really vote "BAD" for this chapter. I cant' even give it regular. Just compare it to the chapter before.

Why Bad?

I don't mind Erza doing this. She is strong no doubt about that, however that pumpkin said the S-class monsters are hard to defeat even by a guy like Jura, and Erza took them all by herself.

A huge build up for this competition, and most of the chapter pages they are explaining about how it works, and when it started it ended in 2 pages. I rather seen more fighting scene...

Again.....Poor Kana.....

Erza Character

For the first time in this series I think Erza has the same level of thinking as Natsu. Did she ever asked her self. What if she was chosen to participate in the fights after this? From where she will get the strength to compete with some1 ? "Oh...right wonder woman "

-Ken-
May 25, 2012, 11:05 PM
I don't mind Erza doing this. She is strong no doubt about that, however that pumpkin said the S-class monsters are hard to defeat even by a guy like Jura, and Erza took them all by herself.

You mean "1" S-class monster?

Erza is already on top ten wizard saints level prior to the time skip. And if you look at the boost that releasing the second sources of magic give other characters, such as Lucy (Summoning multiple spirit at once) or Natsu (From being slightly better than Max to being equal to top 10 members of guild number 1). That's a large power up. And if it's in scale wise (such as x3) and not equal magic (like +200 MP), Erza is totally in an unknown powerful territory.

Kuza
May 25, 2012, 11:11 PM
unfuckingbelievable :> Erza does it like a boss - i vote epic
It's gonna be totally 10 for FT A and 0 for else but she might be selected for battle. Although i bet on natsu/gajeel/laxus fight some1 from sabertooth or RT and pwn them hard so FT become a favourite of these magic games.

MechR
May 25, 2012, 11:13 PM
Although, now I'm left wondering, why did Erza decide to do that, she's still up to be selected for battle, and if she is, she's going to get destroyed.

I wonder why Erza didn't go 51 monster, though.
She's rehabilitating Fairy Tail's reputation. Assuming she could pull it off, taking on all 100 is a more stunning performance.

It might also deny points to every other team, depending on how the judges handle the 7-way tie for 2nd/last place. Normally the points would go: 10 for 1st, 8 for 2nd, 6 for 3rd, etc., but in this case, nobody else actually did anything.

exacta
May 25, 2012, 11:15 PM
I honestly wasn't surprised that Erza took on all 100. I honestly didn't like it that much either. The fact that she did take all 100 out made almost the entire chapter, which was spent on showing who would be participating in the event, and how the event would work, a complete waste of time. And either the way they rank these monsters is seriously flawed, or Erza and FT are apparently a lot stronger than almost everyone in this competition(in which case Acnologia must be rank SSSSSSSSSSSSS). Which would be kind of lame......and why does everything make everyone cry in this manga? Even Doranbolt is crying for pete's sake.

I mean it is badass, but, I don't know.....it's a little too much in my opinion I guess. It'd be cooler if it was used to hype up a member of an opposing guild, but for someone like Erza whose already been shown to be badass anyway, it almost creates an inconsistency. I mean an S rank apparently has a good shot at defeating one of the Ten Wizard Saints. And she just beat one of those plus 99 other monsters.......makes everyone else look weak.

REN KOUEN
May 25, 2012, 11:17 PM

I really vote "BAD" for this chapter. I cant' even give it regular. Just compare it to the chapter before.

Why Bad?

A huge build up for this competition, and most of the chapter pages they are explaining about how it works, and when it started it ended in 2 pages. I rather seen more fighting scene...

Again.....Poor Kana.....

Erza Character

For the first time in this series I think Erza has the same level of thinking as Natsu. Did she ever asked her self. What if she was chosen to participate in the fights after this? From where she will get the strength to compete with some1 ? "Oh...right wonder woman "
How do you know erza isnt stronger than jura at this point?

She was already a beast and now her potential has been unlocked by ultear

Ifrit
May 25, 2012, 11:18 PM
Erza is totally in an unknown powerful territory.

Have you read this ;

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/13639540/3

She is below Jura.....hell she's even below Laxus...when it comes to power.

mstarsup5
May 25, 2012, 11:19 PM
About the notes for this competition, what about this: this is a game in which if you start first, you have chances to do more battles. What if in case of a draw the points are distributed from the highest (to the person in the draw with the highest key number) to the lowest (to the person in the draw with the lowest key number)?
Like this, it would be Erza: 10 points, and Cana 8 points (without having to fight at all) :p

-Ken-
May 25, 2012, 11:23 PM
Have you read this ;

Oh, stat sheet. I'm sure those will matter in the long run. According to that, Natsu and Gray stand no chance at all with Sting and Rufus. I feel like that's going to get prove wrong sometimes, soon.

EDIT: Oh, and in fact, it's already prove wrong. If Jura is going to have some problems against S class demon, according to the pumpkin. And Erza can beat that demon +99 other demons. Yeah, it's already wrong. Stat sheet doesn't compare to events that actually happen in the manga, and I won't judge them equally.

ocajavati
May 25, 2012, 11:28 PM
I agree. This chapter is bad, if only for the sake of power hierarchy.

Erza's ability to take on all 100 pretty much means anyone considered stronger than Erza could accomplish the exact same feat, albeit with much more ease. Laxus, Jura, Jellal, Mirajane, etc.

So what we end up getting is a competition with exaggerated difficulty. That or every other person is onpar with the 10 wizard saints.

At the same time, Sabertooth seems horribly exaggerated in strength now just as well.

Considering Natsu is due to match up to one of their top 5, and Erza just showed herself to be a tier stronger...

Well. I guess Laxus can obliterate the entire Sabertooth solo now.

How do you know erza isnt stronger than jura at this point?

She was already a beast and now her potential has been unlocked by ultear

Because Jura was vastly stronger than Erza has shown to be prior to timeskip?

And unless all he did was sit around and try to grow some hair in the last few years, I'm sure he's gotten better just as well.

Erza has always been sitting in the broken territory. Traditionally considered to be weaker, or at best equal, with the rest of the S class in Fairy Tail, Erza has just made taken a dump on the whole competition.

I guess Fairy Tail is still vastly stronger than all competing guild.

Kuza
May 25, 2012, 11:29 PM
Have you read this ;

I somehow believe these stats don't count Ultear's powerup since nobody knows about it :<

mouth
May 25, 2012, 11:32 PM

i think those point were meant to decide who come in 1st 2nd and so on but she took em all so she came in first and everyone else tied for second i guess or last lol

Shadoguardian
May 25, 2012, 11:38 PM
Have you read this ;

This isn't accurate even it is from the manga. It's just Jason's opinion of their stats.

Personal Prediction:
* For the battles, Fairy Tail A will probably send out either Erza or Wendy to battle Fairy Tail B.
* I say it's either Erza or Wendy because:

* Erza, though she might have recovered from her wounds thanks to Wendy's magic, her own magical power is taxing due to Pandemonium. Also since the king wanted to see her fight yesterday.
* Wendy, who is one of the two weakest, and due to healing Erza, her magic level is a bit low.
* I think it's against Fairy Tail Team B, since their team is full of monsters (with the exception of Cana, and probably Juvia) that can make the match difficult.

ndulzky
May 25, 2012, 11:42 PM
I love Erza, she is probably my favorite character, and I have faith that Erza would be the one who gives a big boost for FT in this competition, which she did in this chapter. However, it feels a bit rushed to me. I like that she looks pretty messed up afterwards, showing that fighting 100 monsters is not an easy feat. But it was only pictured in 1-2 pages... A huge build-up and then meh...I feel like we're missing some action...like this is a too easy way to show how strong Erza is.

suraj5898
May 25, 2012, 11:53 PM
this chapter is to show what is the power of guild who was strongest 7 years ago. now every one will know dont mass with FT if u dont want to get hurt ( every one think FT is losers guild ) if nastu was in erza's place he would also choose 100. and about people who say erza is defeat 100 is not possible to them we know in fight nastu is grate but he never able to beat erza :)

shnugin
May 26, 2012, 12:12 AM
HOLY CRAP!!! THAT WAS SO AWESOME IT DESERVES TO BE TYPED IN CAPS LOCK!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

When I was reading the chapter I was thinking wow... another long competition that reminded me of the first games, that clone thing with Gray? Which I didn't want.
I think Mashima really prepped us on how difficult this Game was and made us really think of strategy, strength and magic power. The fact that Erza did it all was freaking EPIC!!!

Oh and I really got curious again with Levi since we were reading her thoughts on Erza's victory.. hmmmm...

LoS
May 26, 2012, 12:25 AM
Once they said you can choose your amount I knew someone was going to choose 100, for awe factor. I didn't know which guild, but it makes sense that it was a Fairy Tail guild since the other guilds are already learning to respect them, and so to are the public.

I really don't think there is all that much to read into, I haven't bothered reading many other posts but I noticed some people bickering about stats and such. It doesn't matter, another situation and it might be a different result.

MechR
May 26, 2012, 12:26 AM
Erza's ability to take on all 100 pretty much means anyone considered stronger than Erza could accomplish the exact same feat, albeit with much more ease. Laxus, Jura, Jellal, Mirajane, etc.Luxus could just Fairy Law the crap out of them, sure. Jura and Jellal are both bona fide Wizard Saints, so if they had to, probably. Mind you, these are some of the strongest contestants in the tournament. Mirajane might not have the stamina for it though, since Satan Soul uses up her magic pretty fast.

On that note, stamina and damage-soak are Erza's specialties. Other strong contestants couldn't necessarily motor through all 100 without rest, or if they could, aren't crazy enough to push themselves that hard. FT, OTOH, has something to prove in this tournament.

Well. I guess Laxus can obliterate the entire Sabertooth solo now.
Well, yeah. Fairy Law. (Unless Minerva's defensive magic is hax enough...)

And unless all he did was sit around and try to grow some hair in the last few years, I'm sure he's gotten better just as well.
Jura actually didn't get to do much pre-timeskip. He beat Brain, but Brain himself never got to do much either. Post-timeskip he should be really strong though, and did show some nice moves against Jellal.

khaja_200923
May 26, 2012, 12:37 AM
1.Fairy Tail A :112
2.Raven Tail :36
3.Sabertooth :20
4.Lamia Scale :20
5.Mermaid Heel :19
6.Blue Pegasus :17
7.Quatro Puppy :12
8.Fairy Tail B :12

R3D
May 26, 2012, 12:41 AM
Damn EPIC ERZA SCARLET !!!!! Officially my favourite female character EVER !!!!! Beautiful , smart , sexy , powerful TITANIA ...

frozen18ice
May 26, 2012, 01:15 AM
that was EPIC that was such a great chapter no trolling on that one more like killer EPIC pownage, seems like kagura and erza will face up eventually, that was great loved every second of it. the facial reaction of everybody was funny and how gray and nastu was laughing with erza's request to fight all 100 of the monsters. love how gerald is nowhere to be found in the stadium coz the magic council was there, chapter was trully fun to read was exciting EPIC

Uriel
May 26, 2012, 01:24 AM
Build up. It's made like it so you make a preconception on how hard it is and how much strategy should be involved. Fairy Tail does it all the time, though. And most shounen.

Complaining here about the "panels waste" is useless, since this event was the one that defined this day on the competition and it was needed for the reader to understand how big is what Erza did.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c269/6.html
Actually, now that I reread it, it's probably 10 points for Fairy Tail. Erza should have totally take 51 monsters. But I guess there's bonus epic points for badassery.
Interesting thing to notice here: Fairy Tail doesn't make this for the winning, but the name of the guild. They are doing this to prove again that they're the tops. And for that, you need to make impossible things, to leave everyone with the mouth open.
Fairy Tail always was on top not because they succeed...But because they do it in an epic way.

May I mention that Natsu defeated one of the Ten Holy Saints prior timeskip?

Actually should be:
Raven Tail :36
Fairy Tail A :22
Sabertooth :20
Lamia Scale :20
Mermaid Heel :19
Blue Pegasus :17
Quatro Puppy :12
Fairy Tail B :12

Have you read this ;
Actually She's is on top of strength and below intelligence. In that pic, I mean. Which is highly proven in this chapter, since She could take 51 and it would gain the same amount of points as was mention here.

And I don't know WHY after +250 chapters people are relying in power levels. Fairy Tail is not a manga that fulfills that role AT ALL. There is worst gaps and plotholes in that sense than this one, which is believable.

Jorge D. Dragon
May 26, 2012, 01:26 AM
Didn't like the chapter. Of course the art was great as always, but I just don't like the direction the author went in this chapter. So if Elza can take all these beasts, then how many can Luxus, Jura or Gildarts take? 200, 300, 400 or even beyond this? Of course I expected FT A to win this match, but not in a such fation. Don't think it was good. Especially after Pumpkin saying that some of the beasts individually might be troublesome to a Wizard Saint...

Uriel
May 26, 2012, 01:29 AM
BTW I read somewhere that it was unbelievable that Doranbolt was crying (exacta, right?) which made me think...I think it's reasonable. After all it's the guild He abandoned when Acnologia came, so maybe He feels responsible and now watching them winning and going to the top like this should be emotional.

@Jorge: It was said that the one of S-Rank should be troublesome for Wizard Saints, not some. Just that one. And to be honest, Erza was on par of Laxus and Gildarts before.

Ifrit
May 26, 2012, 01:37 AM

You can also add that when he took out Brain the cover page of the next chapter said that Jura hobby is to "TRAIN HARD"

http://www.mangareader.net/135-31420-1/fairy-tail/chapter-151.html

How about what Mira said ? http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/273/17

Xenophobia
May 26, 2012, 01:39 AM

I am game with your point but i do think just cause a monster is S-classed doesn’t automatically equal a dragon. There has to be levels of S-class monster, maybe this one was low-leveled S-monster.
But I thought the S-class monster fight would be I chapter of its own. To bad it wasn’t.

R3D
May 26, 2012, 02:00 AM
Erza has been a S- class wizard for a long time , who knows how many difficult opponent / monsters she has dealt with , what i think is that maybe d through b class monsters may have been just fodder for erza and she might have defeated them with just a single swing of her sword and what gave her difficulty was the class a monsters and about 70 % damage came from the s class monster

lawlett-kun
May 26, 2012, 02:27 AM
I see absolutely no problem with erza totally soloing this thing. I mean first of all she was always freaking strong , an s class Mage for a while,plus powered up by urtear.and also if you guys remember she was already dealing with big monsters, like in the early chapters when she was introduced she brought with her that huge horn from the monster she defeated on mission,so it's really not that surprising that she beat em all. Haha toranbalt is crying out of joy/happiness/excitement. He should just join ft

-Ken-
May 26, 2012, 02:37 AM
You can also add that when he took out Brain the cover page of the next chapter said that Jura hobby is to "TRAIN HARD"

http://www.mangareader.net/135-31420-1/fairy-tail/chapter-151.html

How about what Mira said ? http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/273/17

You don't know how powerful the second vessel power up are, do you?

And for Mira, she doesn't know that Erza get a boost. And Mira power (unless she also get boost by second vessel) probably only grow from three months of training.

Marche
May 26, 2012, 02:43 AM
Has someone some ideas about the title of the next chapter??
What could means "MPF"??

Krono
May 26, 2012, 03:21 AM
I think that the Tournament will change the rules abit...

I think they will offer the other contestants a chance to 1 vs. 1 or stick with the OG plan fo the battle.

That or Mashima will troll us by showing that last monster actually is not dead... thus they will either give her a penalty or have her DQed from the round.

I expect that Erza will get ten points and the rest will just be out of luck with no points for the competion. That the rules didn't account for the first contestant to solo all 100 is no reason to change them after it's been done to nullify the feat. The rules allowed for some people to get 0 points through a couple different ways. It'd be quite unfair to Erza and Fairy Tail A to go to that trouble to keep the rest from getting points, only for them to change the rules mid-game and say, no, wait everyone gets some points.

And the last monster not being dead would just mean Erza still has to finish it of. She shouldn't be penalized or DQed because the judges called it over prematurely.

REN KOUEN
May 26, 2012, 04:10 AM

Why Bad?

Again.....Poor Kana.....

Erza Character

Me thinks ifirit may have voted bad because erza could be stronger than laxus :(

Just kidding, but 60+ votes for epic speaks for its self, i loved the reactions from the people viewing

Jorge D. Dragon
May 26, 2012, 04:36 AM
Uriel
I can'ty agree.:) It was clearly stated that Guildarts was the strongest S-class mage in Fairy Tail. The next one was Luxus and there was an obvious gap between them. And Elza wasn't even third as there was Mystogan...
I like Elza as a woman type and sometimes even her fights, but most of them... let's just say I feel them at least anticlimatic.:)
Also as Mira said even she and Elza combined might not hold against Jura and I believe he might overcome her expectations as he was damn strong before timeskip and 7 years passed during which even such a loser as Max became damn strong, so such mages as Gerard or Jura are monsters now.:)

P.S. It's just that after such a showcase of power... what power level we are going to get in this and next Arcs? something like DBZ near its end?)
P.P.S. If one of the monsters might be somewhat a trouble to Jura... well, then to defeat all other monster together with this monster at the same time...

R3D
May 26, 2012, 04:45 AM
At least this fight didnt rely on nakama power but instead of fairy tails ego of being the best and showing to the other guilds to not take fairy tail lightly just because they were last for the past 7 seven years and Erza just showed the world in a EPIC fashion that the fairy tail powershouses are back

Xguard
May 26, 2012, 04:48 AM
What an epic chapter. At first it's very slow, then suddenly end without lacking of taste.^^

But I really want to know where Lucy is. I almost forget that Lisanna take a record instead of Lucy.
Lucy also take part in this incident, but she didn't record it.
Is that means, after this tournament, she will be lost for awhile?
Maybe she will enter to the celestial world or something. And maybe Natsu and friend cannot meet her for awhile and there is following article about bringing her back.

lawlett-kun
May 26, 2012, 04:54 AM
What an epic chapter. At first it's very slow, then suddenly end without lacking of taste.^^

But I really want to know where Lucy is. I almost forget that Lisanna take a record instead of Lucy.
Lucy also take part in this incident, but she didn't record it.
Is that means, after this tournament, she will be lost for awhile?
Maybe she will enter to the celestial world or something. And maybe Natsu and friend cannot meet her for awhile and there is following article about
bringing her back.

Wasn't it levy who records things now?

Ifrit
May 26, 2012, 05:29 AM
Me thinks ifirit may have voted bad because erza could be stronger than laxus :(

Just kidding, but 60+ votes for epic speaks for its self, i loved the reactions from the people viewing

hahahah. She will never surpass Laxus. Laxus was able to lay hits on HADES by himself, without the need of 4 ppl to help him. !!

Even Makarov wasn't able to do so. !!

Actually I'm glad you mentioned the # of Epic votes. Can some1 explain to me while this much epic votes for this? and it wasn't given when
Erza defeated Azuma? what is the difference ?

kidopitz27
May 26, 2012, 05:37 AM
just imagine if Erza beat those 100 and have all those wounds just imagine Gildarts just walking on the pandemonium castle and destroying anything on his way by just walking :P

Askia32
May 26, 2012, 05:42 AM
Wow. Two back to back great chapters.

The good:
Firstly, I like seeing the reaction of Yukino hearing about Sabertooth being attacked. I thought it was a nice subtle touch to have a little follow up from the precious chapter without drawing focus to Natsu.

This chapter was all about Erza. I kind of knew someone she would say 100, but my mouth dropped when she said it. I thought it was great how everyone's reactions were shown which added to the epicness.

The bad:
Nothing really. The chapter went fast because it was more about an explanation of the challenge, and plenty of epic panels of Erza and the crowds reactions. I would have to dig to find something negative, and I don't want to do that.

The Verdict:
These past two chapters really brought out the epicness of Natsu and Erza that we really needed. For the first time in a while, the two of them felt epic without being forced. The writer really has timed these events perfectly because we felt the momentum starting to swing, and now like using a gravitational pull of a planet to slingshot through space, Fairy Tail has bursted into the front.

Fairy Tail is no longer the underdog, they are the team to beat.

crimsonlink310
May 26, 2012, 05:43 AM
Beautiful chapter. Erza is now the goddess of battle. It was so epic how she beat all 100 monsters yet was dead on her feet at the end. Her magic style helped out a lot since "The Knight" is super good against multiple opponents. So I really liked how Erza kicked ass and made it believable. Sure it could be argued that people around her level could do the same but they would likely get more injured than her while fighting.

Take Natsu for example, his destructive Lightning Fire Dragon magic would obliterate the demons but he would likely get more injured than Erza.

I dunno why people are complaining about action and how nobody got to do anything. There are still 2 more days left of the tournament and there is going to be a battle portion for day 3 so someone will fight next chapter.

Darjaille
May 26, 2012, 05:46 AM
WTF

Is all I can say.
And I'm voting epic.
Because this was exactly that.

Erza :o:zomg

Gats
May 26, 2012, 05:48 AM
Just read the chapter... O.M.G.

So good to read it. And some beautiful panels too, especially with Erza :
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/11847077/18
:luv

And the following... :zomg

HaiSuShi
May 26, 2012, 06:02 AM
Oh, the new Fairy Tail chapter is- HOLY SH*T!!:wtf

That was one badass chapter...I liked Gray's and Natsu's reaction the best, it shows how much they know and trust each other. They're totally like "That's soooo like Elsa!"

Also, it intrigued me that she did not use one of her heavy armors, but instead relied on the Hakama outfit, the one that stands for her love to Fairy Tail. I believe she did it to prove a point, and to show everyone that Fairy Tail is back, including Fairy Tail itself.

Oh, and Yukino somehow looks even cuter this chapter.:zomg

Just read the chapter... O.M.G.

So good to read it. And some beautiful panels too, especially with Erza :
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/11847077/18
:luv

And the following... :zomg

Yeah, I liked that panel too! Her eyes...:cheez

Gats
May 26, 2012, 06:06 AM
Reading the other posts : a monster who can bring trouble to a wizard mage doesn't mean he should be as strong. Besides, when there are too many opponents, they're interfering too much between them, which favors her greatly, and she is a freaking knight, or warrior, this kind of fighter is usually as its best when he has to deal with several opponents at once.

Impossibility
May 26, 2012, 06:11 AM
I don't really get the criticism of Erza's power level. If the stats sheets were definitively indicative of power level we would be able to determine the winners of each battle by simply tallying the points. There are a number of other factors that have to be considered. Mirajane's comment about her & Erza versus Jura is pointless. She had yet to see Jura perform, or Erza after the timeskip for that matter. Her judgement was based solely on reputation, that is his standing as one of the Saints. And if one wishes to look at Erza's level compared to one of the Saints simply look at her performance against Jose after taking on Jupiter & Aria. Erza has always been shown to be capable of battling any mage she has come up against with the possible exception of Purehito himself, and that was only after her battle with Azuma. Also there is the possibility that the power of the S-class monster was overestimated by its creators. Jura seemed unfazed by their projection of the S-class monster's strength. He also seemed to enjoy Erza's display.

Erza has not established an entirely new level of power for mages, I've no doubt the likes of Makarov or Hades would've stomped the entire force of demons. Let's be honest. Erza took herself to another level and made an absolutely impressive display overcoming every expectation. She had the audacity and the sheer bad-assery to take on the 100 even after the Pumpkin had explained the supposed power levels of the monsters within Pandemonium. And she defeated the 100 in style, bruised and battered, defiant and unstoppable to the end. She reminded everyone what Fairy Tail was capable in a way that they would never forget. These are the things that make this chapter epic, these are the factors that make Erza a bad-ass, and these are the reasons she stands among the upper echelon of manga beasts.

The chapter summed it up better than anyone else ever could,

'As she becomes covered with wounds, the fairy that should have fallen to earth dances. Here is Titania.'

suraj5898
May 26, 2012, 06:13 AM
Gildarts is Gildarts there is no competition for him. he is too 2 much powerful. what even if Laxus or jura r powerful then her i mean if u r more powerful if u defeat stronger one then doesn't nastu is strongest/unbeatable one ( he defeat main opponent every time ) . plss dont camper her to others she wasn't fighting others but 100 creature . and we guys should remember destroy things is FT's main job/ they r famous for it

khaja_200923
May 26, 2012, 06:23 AM
[B]
Actually should be:
Raven Tail :36
Fairy Tail A :22
Sabertooth :20
Lamia Scale :20
Mermaid Heel :19
Blue Pegasus :17
Quatro Puppy :12
Fairy Tail B :12

No my chart is correct for the team points is correct because pumpkin clearly mentioned that 1 point for 1 monster...so Fairy Tail A gets 100 pts.

Ether
May 26, 2012, 06:35 AM
No, I think the "1 point for 1 monster" only stands for the chart of the event, not for the overall rankings.
Anyway, epic chapter, loved it!

Impossibility
May 26, 2012, 06:41 AM
No my chart is correct for the team points is correct because pumpkin clearly mentioned that 1 point for 1 monster...so Fairy Tail A gets 100 pts.

The 1 point for 1 monster refers to the point system for this specific task. The winner of this task would be the individuals with the greatest number of points from the 100 points available. That person would receive 10 points for winning the task, the second place finisher would receive 8 points, third 6, and so on. It is the same format used for the first challenge. The point system within that task was used to determine rank, which would then determine the points awarded to the team.

The only concern with this task is the divvying out of points for the other teams since they seem unable to actually compete in the contest. Will they each receive 0 for not competing or 8 for a second place tie across the board?

lawlett-kun
May 26, 2012, 06:44 AM
Isn't it kinda badfor the knight's plan if yukino actually leaves the tournament ground, she has. 2 keys afterall

Manta33
May 26, 2012, 07:25 AM
Yes, had to change the avatar for that one. Nice build up and boom, surprise. Mucho sexy. ^^I think that panel showing her and the suitcase was really important. She will get captured and Fairytail will be the ones to go after her. I see that as the moment we see Rogue say peace to Sabertooth. Plus, by the way Levy was talking I think day 3 is all glory for Erza; so, I don't see her in the next tournament battle..

Edelheld
May 26, 2012, 07:52 AM
FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!
SOOOOOOOOO FAKE!!! :mad
And fake Pumpkin dude is so fake too.
As someone said in discussion of previous chapters it's impossible for Erza to lose. Nerf Erza! She's so OP.
That could have been such a nice thing to see some competition with mind games and strategy, not Erza's "<BOOM> OWNAGE!!!!!" =( Those tournament parts are so rare in this manga. There's almost only fights and FT ass-pull power-ups. I want to see at least once in a while some gray matter action, and not in a way that it leaks though the holes after yet another rush headfirst into the wall. Because, you know, if the spoiled rich blondie with huge boobs is the one of the smartest people around - that says a lot :nerd
And look at the competitors! They are perfect to be flushed away: those who was in action previously - Orga, Jura and Hibiki; those whom power needs to be concealed - Obra and Milliana; those who is irrelevant - Novally(and Hibiki again); and Cana(she lost even in a drinking competition...).
Well, I shall say that there might be a bit of wit used by Erza but it's based on assumption that there will be no rematch for other teams and they will get 8(or 0) points for 2nd place. Because if that's the case then main competitors of FT(SBRT, RT and LS) will get same points as the QP, MH and BP and FT B won't fail with Cana. That might be the reason why she chose all 100 monsters and not just 51 as common sense suggests. But I guess that's not the case. I'm just making it up, am I? :scry
And I already tired of all that "I liked Sting/Rogue/Orga/anybody else's facial expression". They are here to cause devastation and despair to their enemies to prove yet again that they are the best, not to make some funny faces :-_-
AND WHY THE HELL IT'S X793 ?!??!?!???!!!!?!? Was it a mistake or a huge hint hidden in the blast of Erza's awesomeness?

Manta33
May 26, 2012, 08:10 AM
^^I can't wait to read your awesome linear and logical story that doesn't separate anyone from there daily reality and moves from blood bash to blood bash. I sense GENIUS!!! Your right on about the points! But it's difficult for readers to put logic to it since scoring this event has no precedent.

Uriel
May 26, 2012, 08:18 AM
Beware, please. Avoid sarcasm. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
But still, I don't know why people read Fairy Tail for the logics. HxH is for that.

@Jorge: While I agree on the gap of Gildarts, Luxus, Mira and Erza are all equal. Mystogan as well, his magic was rotten as described by Jellal. And we have to take in consideration the second vessel thing, which was a deux ex machina only available for the mains.

REN KOUEN
May 26, 2012, 09:15 AM
I think gildarts laxus mystogan or even natsu could have pulled this off too as long as they didnt use all of their magic power too early

And to ifirit
Yes i feel the azuma fight was even more epic

Xguard
May 26, 2012, 09:46 AM
Wasn't it levy who records things now?

Yes, it's my confused. >///<

redred
May 26, 2012, 09:51 AM
Maybe now with all 100 points going to Erza, the Pumpkin will have the rest of the participants fight each-other for 2nd, 3rd, 4th place etc.
Of course tho, since Erza wouldn't be fighting, there is an odd man out, which means someone would have to fight twice for this to make sense.
Other than this though, i really can't see a resolution other than awarding 0 points to the rest

REN KOUEN
May 26, 2012, 10:21 AM
Erza Scarlet proves that not all gingers are useless, repulsive, and disgraceful
She may single-handily change the negative stigma towards red-headed people

Raicrune
May 26, 2012, 10:29 AM
Has anyone thought about the possibility of Erza gettin chosen again to battle against a strong mage in the fights? It is possible . Erza in bad shape would get in trouble fighting but .. ahh what the hell Erza would still kick their butts!

Rikudou King
May 26, 2012, 10:31 AM
While it would have been nice to see events play out and the S-rank monster in full detail, Erza being outstanding was more then enough to make this chapter epic.

1337 haxor
May 26, 2012, 10:48 AM
My guess is that Mashima is taking out the most powerful characters strategically.

In the tournament we will have the likes of Erza, Elfman, Mirajane, Laxus and Natsu all beaten up to win their competition so that the path is left open for the Captain to abduct Lucy.

ShoobyDooBop
May 26, 2012, 10:55 AM
I like seeing Ultear in that pose and the reaction of Yukino hearing Sabertooth was attacked.

When Erza said that she would take all, I was loss at words but BENGA! She completely changed the view of the audiences on Fairy Tail.

This chapter made me think that Fairy Tail is still the strongest guild. I've read some comments that says Sabertooth is supposed to be freaking strong. Well, 5 members made it strong but just look at the powerhouses of Fairy Tail. Right now, they could go head to head against each other. I think that Sabertooth wouldn't reach the position of strongest if Fairy Tail wasn't sealed for 7 years.

shinsengumi
May 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
there are 2 things i like about fairy tail

1 . Erza Scarlet
2 . Erza Scarlet

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/174808_261983093874616_360341668_q.jpg

1337 haxor
May 26, 2012, 11:43 AM
I like seeing Ultear in that pose and the reaction of Yukino hearing Sabertooth was attacked.

When Erza said that she would take all, I was loss at words but BENGA! She completely changed the view of the audiences on Fairy Tail.

This chapter made me think that Fairy Tail is still the strongest guild. I've read some comments that says Sabertooth is supposed to be freaking strong. Well, 5 members made it strong but just look at the powerhouses of Fairy Tail. Right now, they could go head to head against each other. I think that Sabertooth wouldn't reach the position of strongest if Fairy Tail wasn't sealed for 7 years.

Fact is that Fairy Tail is the strongest guild in the country by a wide margin.

Just consider the other guilds:

-Out of the guilds showed three (BP, MH and QC) had their secret weapons as Erza level mages.

-Lamia Scale has the sole guy stronger than Erza (Jura).

-Sabertooth has probably his top five members around Erza level (maybe Minerva is stronger).

Now consider Fairy Tail:

-They have Erza and Mirajane which are roughly on the same level.

-They have Laxus who is above Erza.

-They have Natsu, Elfman and Gray who are close to Erza.

-They have MOTHAFUCKING GILDARTZ, who is so powerful he makes Erza looks like an infant.

-Heck, they have 4 S class members, 2 ex S class members and 6 S class potential members all into one guild.

There is no challenge to Fairy Tail after Phantom Lord went down, the later had 5 S class members and only stood a chance because Laxus was dicking around, Gildartz is always on a bus and Mystogan was an alien spy.

REN KOUEN
May 26, 2012, 12:12 PM
My guess is that Mashima is taking out the most powerful characters strategically.

In the tournament we will have the likes of Erza, Elfman, Mirajane, Laxus and Natsu all beaten up to win their competition so that the path is left open for the Captain to abduct Lucy.

This is actually a good theory!!! I didnt even think of it

Im thinking if this were to happen someone like sting would step up from another guild to help FT creating a new alliance

Zehahaha
May 26, 2012, 12:33 PM
The only thing I enjoyed in this chapter is Sting wtf face, the guy is pretty annoying acting all high and mighty, but I bet he's gonna get his ass kicked soon.

SerpentTailedAngel
May 26, 2012, 12:52 PM

Elfman and Erza both took a beating, but Mira already went though her fight and came out no worse for wear. Unless she does something as reckless as Erza I doubt she'll take any damage in whichever event she participates in.

Poneglyph420
May 26, 2012, 01:23 PM
Did not expect that... Woah! I already had a "thing" for Erza, but her title of Titania sure holds true.
Now is that 100 points?? if so is this even a contest anymore??

It's pretty clear that FT is back, and that the plot to kidnap Wendy is afoot.

1337 haxor
May 26, 2012, 03:04 PM
Did not expect that... Woah! I already had a "thing" for Erza, but her title of Titania sure holds true.

It's pretty clear that FT is back, and that the plot to kidnap Wendy is afoot.

The target is Lucy. -.-

Sakuja
May 26, 2012, 03:14 PM
Jura doesnt seem too impressed either. My guess is that he was about to do the same.
So saying Erza is above Jura is too early in my opinion

1337 haxor
May 26, 2012, 04:08 PM
Jura doesnt seem too impressed either. My guess is that he was about to do the same.
So saying Erza is above Jura is too early in my opinion

Jura is stronger than Erza, he is roughly on par with Jellal who is a tad little stronger than her.

Kurohitsugi
May 26, 2012, 04:14 PM

100 points mean a win in this particular competition. And winning a competition gives you 10 points in the overall standings. I don't get why people continue to confuse this.
Those are the standings:

Raven Tail :36 (+0)
Fairy Tail A :22 (+10)
Sabertooth :20 (+0)
Lamia Scale :20 (+0)
Mermaid Heel :19 (+0)
Blue Pegasus :17 (+0)
Quatro Cerberus Puppy :12 (+0)
Fairy Tail B :12 (+0)

Kuza
May 26, 2012, 04:41 PM
Some epic FT A vs ST battle incoming, since FT A already faced RT and it would be a perfect oportunity to bring in a note of total domination in this tournament :super
Its probably gray vs rufus/natsu vs sting/natsu vs minerva - all three look nice, and mb it's already time to show what are ST dragonslayers are capable of.

PS Also there is an intrestin name of next week's chapter - "MPF". What can this abbrevation mean?

-M for Master or Minerva, since the creator introduced her to us with "We'll settle this in tournament grounds" she might appear.
-P can go for Power, Porlyushka, Pandemonium
-F can go for Fullbuster(Gray), Fairy, Fight, Feeling
I think it would be fun to try and somehow figure it out.

Another guess is that "MPF" is name of a new additional challenge for the rest of participants cause they need to spread the other places, since 1st goes to Erza.

Another intresting thing - http://img.mangastream.com/m/3/11847077/3dbe5ca7217ba9afe18b607283c30fa2.png x793? Wasn't it 791? ^^

Shadowriver
May 26, 2012, 05:22 PM
Well i don't know what to think.... my mouth stayed open at the end it was kind of unexpected, yes it was epic..... but on other hand all those pages been wasted to rules that does not matter anyway, thru those was nessesery to blow away the reader

Gats
May 26, 2012, 05:36 PM
It seems like Sabertooth didn't have much competition until now. Being the strongest is relative, if the other ones are weak or doesn't put their strongest members (if not at all) in the tournament like a few "strong" guilds, its true level would not be as high as we would expect. Of course I don't expect them to be "weak" but not godly either, for now.

REN KOUEN
May 26, 2012, 06:42 PM
Has fairytail surpassed bleach in epicness?
In my opinion it has,

I disagree that jura was as strong as jelall, i think jelall had the fight won before ultear interfered

shinomuri
May 26, 2012, 06:48 PM
I think jellal thought he had the fight won, but there is no gurantee his technique would've won the match. Does anyone think yukino wwill join fairy tail?

1337 haxor
May 26, 2012, 06:58 PM
I think jellal thought he had the fight won, but there is no gurantee his technique would've won the match. Does anyone think yukino wwill join fairy tail?

My hint is that she will become the surrogate Lucy.

Lucy will be the one to open the Gates of Tartarus and unleash hell upon the world, this way she will be temporarily consumed by super powered darkness.

While Lucy is on the evil side Yukino will take care of her spirits and fight alongside Natsu & Co to bring her back.

Impossibility
May 26, 2012, 07:44 PM
I think it has to be remembered that the power levels of the Saints vary significantly. Jura himself stated previously that he was the weakest of the Saints, so Jellal being superior to him would not be particularly surprising considering that he once held the title of Saint as well. And the gap between Jura and Makarov is enormous. There is also the fact that the Saints are those considered to be the strongest by the Council, but in actuality they are unlikely to actually be the ten strongest mages. We've seen individuals, never said to be among the Saints, with powers greater than some of the ten. I've no doubt that Purehito would probably stomp most of the Saints. Gildartz has never been shown to hold the title of Saint, but I'm confident that he could at the very least take Jura. If Jura still remains the least of the ten it would not be surprising that quite a few mages can match him or outright exceed his abilities. At a certain point the title of Wizard Saint doesn't really mean much.

Krono
May 26, 2012, 07:45 PM
I can'ty agree.:) It was clearly stated that Guildarts was the strongest S-class mage in Fairy Tail. The next one was Luxus and there was an obvious gap between them. And Elza wasn't even third as there was Mystogan...

Erza could easily have been second strongest. It was never established who was the more powerful between Laxus, Erza, and Mystogan. Both Mystogan and Erza clashed evenly, but very briefly with Laxus, and that's pretty much the last concrete word we have on the subject. People come up with lots of reasons as to why they think Laxus is stronger, but the only one that has any weight to it is Erza being surprised by Laxus's strength, which is hardly definitive.

I like Elza as a woman type and sometimes even her fights, but most of them... let's just say I feel them at least anticlimatic.:)
Also as Mira said even she and Elza combined might not hold against Jura and I believe he might overcome her expectations as he was damn strong before timeskip and 7 years passed during which even such a loser as Max became damn strong, so such mages as Gerard or Jura are monsters now.:)

Mirajane has also - to our knowledge - never seen Jura in action. So she was going solely off of his reputation. She's also not really seen Erza in full action first hand in years, and still thinks of Erza as being at the same level as her, despite the fact that a gap clearly opened up between them some time ago and her training may not have closed it.

Actually I'm glad you mentioned the # of Epic votes. Can some1 explain to me while this much epic votes for this? and it wasn't given when
Erza defeated Azuma? what is the difference ?

Simple. Erza's defeat of Azuma was very cheeseily executed. Worse, it was executed in such a manner that people thought Erza was getting massive amounts of outside help instead of being shielded from one attack. It didn't help matters that a mis-translation had Azuma destroying her best armors off panel instead of the correct translation that had them being unavailable.

This on the other hand is much better executed. No confusion about strengths, nothing resembling outside help. Just Erza taking on a difficult challenge and kicking ass.

Isn't it kinda badfor the knight's plan if yukino actually leaves the tournament ground, she has. 2 keys afterall

Only if he isn't keeping track of her, and she's actively leaving the city. Otherwise her being on the outskirts of the city makes it easier to capture her without witnesses.

thousandIN1
May 26, 2012, 08:47 PM
My hint is that she will become the surrogate Lucy.

Lucy will be the one to open the Gates of Tartarus and unleash hell upon the world, this way she will be temporarily consumed by super powered darkness.

While Lucy is on the evil side Yukino will take care of her spirits and fight alongside Natsu & Co to bring her back.

that'd be really cool, i hope it happens.
i was think the same thing too. (not the whole tartus thing, just the lucy part)
MPF could stand for magical ??? ???
but if there are matches in the next chapter, i hope to see
(personal predication)
RT Obra vs ST Minerva
FTA Gray vs BP Rabbit
QP Sermes vs MH Rizzo
FTB Juvia vs LS Shelia
1*rt 36
2*fta 32
3*st 30
4*qp 22
4*ftb 22
6*ls 20
7*mh 19
8*bp 17

ghostexiled
May 26, 2012, 08:56 PM
Please be reminded that if you have nothing to add to the thread... other than "that is awesome! I agree!" then please just use the like or thank button under that post. Also please no "one-line" post. Otherwise it will be deleted.

Also please refrain from comparing FT to other mangas... especially on whether it is better than another or not.

Thanks!

MechR
May 26, 2012, 10:05 PM
People come up with lots of reasons as to why they think Laxus is stronger, but the only one that has any weight to it is Erza being surprised by Laxus's strength, which is hardly definitive.
Two words: Fairy Law. That spell by itself puts Luxus solidly higher. Erza just doesn't have a comparable "I win" button in her arsenal. (And this is a good thing, because it'd be impossible to keep writing her as part of the main team if she could solo every arc in one move.)

Krono
May 26, 2012, 11:27 PM
Two words: Fairy Law. That spell by itself puts Luxus solidly higher. Erza just doesn't have a comparable "I win" button in her arsenal. (And this is a good thing, because it'd be impossible to keep writing her as part of the main team if she could solo every arc in one move.)

Laxus knowing Fairy Law does not mean that Laxus is more powerful than Erza. As we saw with Cana and Fairy Glitter, knowing a hax spell just means they know a hax spell. It does not mean that they're more powerful than those that don't know it. So Laxus knowing Fairy Law is irrelevant as far as discussions of who is more powerful.

THM Nindo
May 27, 2012, 12:09 AM
Well, it was stated very early that Erza was not the strongest.
When Lucy asked about it, they said that the strongest was either Laxus or Mystogan (I guess that Gildarts was not created yet).

Meaning that, at least at the beginning of the manga, Erza was 4th (excluding Makarov).

Regarding Fairy Law, it's a complicated magic.
IIRC, Laxus tried to use it and failed...

MechR
May 27, 2012, 12:11 AM
Laxus knowing Fairy Law does not mean that Laxus is more powerful than Erza. As we saw with Cana and Fairy Glitter, knowing a hax spell just means they know a hax spell. It does not mean that they're more powerful than those that don't know it. So Laxus knowing Fairy Law is irrelevant as far as discussions of who is more powerful.
It matters when the people being compared are in the same ballpark otherwise. Ignoring Fairy Law, Erza is at best on par with Luxus in general strength. Add Fairy Law, and it's no contest.

LnDRash
May 27, 2012, 12:33 AM
Its stuff like this why I love Fairy Tail so goddamn much. Not to mention that Fairy Tail is the only Manga where I never read the spoilers... specifically to be dumbstruck by such things as I'am right now xD

Unsuspecting of anything I was reading the rules for the contest until I came to the page where Erza suddenly states she's going to take on all 100 monsters at once. The moment my brain comprehended whats going on I literally had a short laugh of amazement and it made me say "holy sh..", even though I was alone in the room... quite frankly, that doesn't happen often to me while I'am looking at black and white pictures :p

Btw. anyone else had to think of Zoro and the "Luffy's fierce attack theme" while reading those pages?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoTh7E4N8ic&feature=plcp

I swear... if they make a crossover and those two ever meet and produce a child, it will be so badass that Chuck Norris gets dethroned... this is Kamina Level GAR. :gar

Jorge D. Dragon
May 27, 2012, 12:48 AM
It was always stated in the manga that Guildarts was obviously the strongest and then with a gap was Luxus. In the Arc, when he was fighting against all the Guild he managed to fight against Mystogan (3 strongest), make Hall of Thunder that costs tons of magic energy and it took more thaan Elza to stop it and then he fought against Natsu and Gajeel together and he was even holding back for some time and not going at full power.
And for all people... Fairy Law is a very strong decisive factor. Don't compare Luxus with Cana. She is a shitty mage, when he is a monster and genius. His spell didn't have effect not because it was handled badly, but because he didn't see FT as his enemies deep in his heart.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/259/10
Here it's also strenthened that Guildarts and Luxus are on a different level from other Guild members.

Ifrit
May 27, 2012, 01:08 AM

Natsu eating other elements to defeat much stronger mages...take that away from him is he strong?

Lucy casting Uranometria take that away...probably she will be dead by now .....

Take Fairy Law form makarov ? why is he strong exactly ??

Are you serious ??? you're talking about a spell with a huge AOE range...which will defeat an entire town, and you say it doesn't make him stronger ?

Alot of people said that Laxus was underestimating Erza power, actually it was clearly mentioned by Mystogan, and when Erza first saw Laxus fighting seriously against HADES..what was her first words..I can't remember....

It sound to me like she had no clue how powerful he was.

To be more clear he did not say she was weak. He just said she is promising, but still not at his n Mystogan level

If Laxus acknowledged your Erza as an enemy when he used Fairy Law, she will be probably in a room with Jose now....

One last thing: Laxus could have done what Erza did...with something called Hall of Thunder...and he won't have a scratch on him. On the other hand look at Erza shape right now.

Ninja_Pirate
May 27, 2012, 01:11 AM
Holy Shit..... I so agree with LnDrash ... totally unexpected,,, there were so much rules explained for the round and all... and then erza saying i will take all 100.... pure epic... these are the moments you read fairy tail for... and seriously I don't care who is strongest in Fairy tail
after this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/278/24
and then this... http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/284/19

I guess the people who have voted as bad ,,, must be trying to think too logical... I just felt the epicene in the chapter

and finally... OH YEAH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoTh7E4N8ic&feature=plcp

I just didn't get enough likes to give it for this...

lucy heartfilia
May 27, 2012, 01:29 AM
Fact is that Fairy Tail is the strongest guild in the country by a wide margin.

Just consider the other guilds:

-Out of the guilds showed three (BP, MH and QC) had their secret weapons as Erza level mages.

-Lamia Scale has the sole guy stronger than Erza (Jura).

-Sabertooth has probably his top five members around Erza level (maybe Minerva is stronger).

Now consider Fairy Tail:

-They have Erza and Mirajane which are roughly on the same level.

-They have Laxus who is above Erza.

-They have Natsu, Elfman and Gray who are close to Erza.

-They have MOTHAFUCKING GILDARTZ, who is so powerful he makes Erza looks like an infant.

-Heck, they have 4 S class members, 2 ex S class members and 6 S class potential members all into one guild.

There is no challenge to Fairy Tail after Phantom Lord went down, the later had 5 S class members and only stood a chance because Laxus was dicking around, Gildartz is always on a bus and Mystogan was an alien spy.

what?

where is lucy :gwah

where are the rest (gajeel، wendy ، jubia، freed، evergreen، bixlow) oh panther lily

levy، kana = they are chosen for s-class exam and levy Activate the second container too!

you disregard to the other characters

i disagree with you :no................. i think lucu very stronger than elfman and in the same level with gray

this is only my opinion:nerd

but i believe lucy has a strongest type of magic ... and at the end she will strongest Witch!!!!:cheez

MechR
May 27, 2012, 02:25 AM
... make Hall of Thunder that costs tons of magic energy and it took more thaan Elza to stop it

One last thing: Laxus could have done what Erza did...with something called Hall of Thunder...and he won't have a scratch on him. On the other hand look at Erza shape right now.
The Hall of Thunder is something Luxus had to set up in advance for Fantasia, probably with recharge breaks. It's not a move he can pull out on the spot. (Fairy Law, OTOH...)

Jorge D. Dragon
May 27, 2012, 03:32 AM
The only reason why he might have had to do it beforehead is that he needed to surround all the city, but in this situation he wouldn't need that, because the territory is way smaller.

Also remember his entrance in the battle against Hades. He actually made more damage to Hades than Natsu, Wendy, Gray, Lucy and Elza combined, even though they might not be at their 100%, but still.

Ninja_Pirate
May 27, 2012, 05:04 AM
The only reason why he might have had to do it beforehead is that he needed to surround all the city, but in this situation he wouldn't need that, because the territory is way smaller.

Also remember his entrance in the battle against Hades. He actually made more damage to Hades than Natsu, Wendy, Gray, Lucy and Elza combined, even though they might not be at their 100%, but still.

We don't know what kind of monsters were in their... what if they were immune to lightning... we don't even know the situation and we have started comparing laxus sand Erza.... considering the theme of FT I would say I have never seen Laxus showing the team spirit and thus could not be considered strong...

after reading the chapter you get sensational feeling seeing erza fighting like that... bt I am surprise not to see any praises but the debate of who is strongest .. lol..

It is correct that laxus came and did some substantial damage almost same as what natsu did last chapter a surprise attack)... when hades got a hold of it... laxus was pretty fast to go down .. i would say faster than any one else... :p ... And Erza might have less stronger in the type of magic than laxus.. but I predict she has more magical power and strength than laxus.. and obviously more spirit than him....

Ifrit
May 27, 2012, 05:25 AM
@Ninja_Pirate All what Laxus did is to admit the strength of HADES...go back to what Gildartz said to Natsu when they fought.

I don't think he lost ...He just wanted some1 from the guild to do it, since he is not anymore...

Marche
May 27, 2012, 08:01 AM
Now I will write about what would happened in the next chapter:
I really don’t know to what “MPF” could means, but anyways I believe that in the next chapter we will see what will happened to the contest.
Perhaps the monsters will came back to 100 and then the others partecipants could participate, but I don’t think this will happened because this would be go against the rules (they can’t change the rules), because they said that the partecipants would fight with the monsters that remains, in fact the monsters that have already been defeated are eliminated forever, they can’t return to the battlefield.
For this reason I believe that all the others partecipants will get 0 points.

From one point of view I like this, that Erza took all the monster alone, and that the others partecipants took 0 points.
I like this because so Fairy Tail’s team A will gain some points against the others teams (that team would became 2nd), without disfuring the other participants (particularly Sabertooth, the men of Raven Tail, Hibiki and Jura).

Erza did the right thing because anyways Fairy Tail team B would get 0 points anyways.
I believe this because Cana was the lastest to participate, but anyways even if she would not be the lastest she would take the last place, because she is the weakest partecipants, perhaps the only one who could be weakest that her is the one from “Quatro Puppy” :):):).
In fact after the last arc Cana has only one purpose, that of fan-service, in fact in the last arc she showed that she is truly stupid (how she could thought that Makarov was at the grave after that someone attacked the guild), and even useless (she failed Fairy Gitter and was immediately out, she did not fight against Hades), beside for what we know she did not took Ultear’s powerup.
What I did not liked is that the one who has a change to win the tournament now is the team A, where it’s clear the team B is far stronger.
Beside I think that would be better if Cana would go first, take some monster out, then Erza would have finished all the remaining monsters, so Fairy Tail team B would take 8 points.

There is the possibilities that Erza would have even participate to the battle.
I believe that fighters for Fairy Tail team A would be one between her and Gray.
I believe this because after the lastest chapter I believe that the tag team would be made-up by Natsu and Wendy, while for Fairy Tail team B would be Luxus and Gazille, so counting that we already know that the tag team for Sabertooth will be Rogue and Sting all the dragonslayer would fight the 4th day.

If Erza would fight even on the battle I don’t know what she would do, I believe that her results would depend by who she will fight, and even when she will fight.
Infact if her fight will be one of the lastest, while she is waiting she could be healed by Wendy, so if her opponents would not be too strong she could win or at least draw the match (if she will not completely healed).
At the opposite if she will fight in one of the first matches she will lose.

I think this will depends from Mashima wanted.
I believe that at the end of the first 4 days Fairy Tail (with at least one of the two team) will fight against all the other guild.
The problem is to know if Mashima wanted to see a battle between Fairy Tail team A vs Fairy Tail team B, or if their comparison will happened only at the end of the tournament (and the loser would have a batsu game http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/270/8).
If we will get a battle, this battle could happened in the 3rd day or even if the 4th day if the two tag team of dragonslayer will clash.
If the battle of the two Fairy Tail team will not happened or will happened as a tag team in the third day we will have that one member of a team will fight Sabertooth, the other will fight against Mermaid Hell.
If we will not have a battle between the two tag team of Fairy Tail in the tag team battle the two Fairy Tail team could fight against other guilds that are not Mermaid Hell or Sabertooth, but there is even the possibilities that Mermaid Hell would be faced in a single match while Sabertooth would be faced with one of the tag team, or the opposite.

If Erza will fight in this third day I believe that he could fight one between Milliana, Lluvia or Minerva.
There is even the possibilities that Erza will not fight, if it so for what I said above will be Gray turn.
I believe that will be Erza turn, because the battles are decided by the audience, or most likely for what we saw the king or at least Arcadias, so I believe that the king will be decide Erza counting that he already wanted her in the battle of the 2nd day.

P.S: If Erza would fight and lose, I believe that she could get more point in addition counting that what she did (she could take more than 10 points).

R3D
May 27, 2012, 09:04 AM
If Erza is this badly inured , is this the last we see of her in the tournament ? how can she heal up to her maximum health with just 1 or 2 days ? even if she insisted on fighting , the other members would probably stop her from fighting anymore . even if they did heal her by using healing magic , i dont see her being at max health by 1 or 2 days for the final rounds of the tournament ,and so if she somehow fights and ends up losing , she will have a excuse as she was not fully fit cuz she just whooped 100 monsters the day before and maybe this is a way to make the other guilds to be intimidated by erza and send out their strongest fighter and we can some more epc moments from erza and see what other guild's best can do

Ravimahboi
May 27, 2012, 09:49 AM
Umm, not sure if anyone posted this, but why didn't she just challenge 51 opponents? Instead of destroying herself as bad as she did, she could have survived a lot better and still won. The rest of the players would have only 49 points left to scramble for :P

I hope no one else gets points from her beating all 100, otherwise there was no benefit to beating more than 51 enemies as 51 is an instant win (maximum points available are 100, so there would be only 49 points left!). If she was really lucky, she might have only gotten 50 D monsters and 1 C monster lol!

HaiSuShi
May 27, 2012, 10:17 AM
Umm, not sure if anyone posted this, but why didn't she just challenge 51 opponents? Instead of destroying herself as bad as she did, she could have survived a lot better and still won. The rest of the players would have only 49 points left to scramble for :P

I hope no one else gets points from her beating all 100, otherwise there was no benefit to beating more than 51 enemies as 51 is an instant win (maximum points available are 100, so there would be only 49 points left!). If she was really lucky, she might have only gotten 50 D monsters and 1 C monster lol!

1. She probably did it to prove a point, to show everyone Fairy Tail's strength and pride and to give her guildmates courage.
2. Because there are no monsters left, noone else can make points in this contest. If the event doesn't get rerolled, she not only got the points for Fairy Tail, but also prevented the other teams from getting points themselves.

matzik1212
May 27, 2012, 10:49 AM
The hell i can't believe there are already 11 pages :wtf

Anyway this chapter deserves such an attention 'cause it rocked . The last few chapters were indeed epic . Erza was amazing . I loved seeing all those dudes from Sabertooth and RT and the rest with their mouths wide open . This is FT dammit :arf :blai

Though i have to say it's a shame the fight wasn't given too much importance and everything ended in a few pages but nonetheless it was awesome seeing her defeat all those monsters by herself . This is TITANIA :wtf

Now after i saw this i can't wait to see Natsu's fight . It has to be 100 times more epic than this :nod

BTW if she managed to defeat all 100 monsters it means that FT A earned 100 points right . Then they are 1st in the Magic Tournament :whoo

1337 haxor
May 27, 2012, 10:53 AM
what?

where is lucy :gwah

where are the rest (gajeel، wendy ، jubia، freed، evergreen، bixlow) oh panther lily

levy، kana = they are chosen for s-class exam and levy Activate the second container too!

you disregard to the other characters

i disagree with you :no................. i think lucu very stronger than elfman and in the same level with gray

this is only my opinion:nerd

but i believe lucy has a strongest type of magic ... and at the end she will strongest Witch!!!!:cheez

Sun of a... I will never let you contract her!!!
http://images.puella-magi.net/9/94/Kill_qb_gif.gif?20110517085902

Seriously tough, I mentioned Levy and Cana when I said 6 S class mage candidates, those were the contestants in the Tenrou Island arc.

Lucy's power is a hidden one, we will not see it until the right time comes.

Krono
May 27, 2012, 01:19 PM
Well, it was stated very early that Erza was not the strongest.
When Lucy asked about it, they said that the strongest was either Laxus or Mystogan (I guess that Gildarts was not created yet).

Meaning that, at least at the beginning of the manga, Erza was 4th (excluding Makarov).

No, it wasn't stated. Lucy stated that she'd thought Natsu, Gray, and Erza were the three strongest in Fairy Tail. This was the correction:

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7137-11/fairy-tail/chapter-22.html

That yeah Erza was the strongest female, but the strongest males would be Mystogan, Laxus, and Gildarts. Nothing about who was the overall strongest.

It matters when the people being compared are in the same ballpark otherwise. Ignoring Fairy Law, Erza is at best on par with Luxus in general strength. Add Fairy Law, and it's no contest.

That's exactly my point. Laxus and Erza are roughly equal in their general power. Fairy Law doesn't add anything Laxus's base strength or fighting ability. It's just a hax "I win" button that ignores defense and should be disregarded when arguing who is stronger, just like Fairy Glitter should be disregarded when arguing Cana's strength at various times.

It was always stated in the manga that Guildarts was obviously the strongest and then with a gap was Luxus. In the Arc, when he was fighting against all the Guild he managed to fight against Mystogan (3 strongest), make Hall of Thunder that costs tons of magic energy and it took more thaan Elza to stop it and then he fought against Natsu and Gajeel together and he was even holding back for some time and not going at full power.

No on a few counts. First time their names came up, it was in no particular order, with Gildarts almost being an after thought:

Then Laxus claimed he was the strongest, including Gildarts:

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7139-15/fairy-tail/chapter-24.html

though Lucy recognized his boasting for what it was:

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7139-17/fairy-tail/chapter-24.html

It wasn't until the festival arc that anyone began to put Laxus as a clear second after Gildarts:

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7221-7/fairy-tail/chapter-106.html
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7221-8/fairy-tail/chapter-106.html

Which as you can see, was Happy, who immediately went back on his certainty and listed Erza next, and Mystogan was merely the fourth mention.

Which brings up the next point, that the Festival arc never did anything to make it conclusive as to who was stronger. Laxus clashed briefly and essentially evenly with Mystogan, and his skirmish with Erza was even shorter. Yeah he blocked and dodged a few blows from Erza while she was talking to him, before she completely nullified one attack of hisbefore she left. Azuma and partial strength Jellal did as much Laxus and we know how those turned out.

And for all people... Fairy Law is a very strong decisive factor. Don't compare Luxus with Cana. She is a shitty mage, when he is a monster and genius. His spell didn't have effect not because it was handled badly, but because he didn't see FT as his enemies deep in his heart.

The point of bringing up Cana is that it illustrates that a knowing a broken spell does not change the users base power. Laxus could theoretically have taken Hades out with Fairy Law, that doesn't mean that he's stronger than Hades. The same logic applies to discussing who is more powerful between Laxus and Makarov/Gildarts/Mystogan/Erza.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/259/10
Here it's also strenthened that Guildarts and Luxus are on a different level from other Guild members.

Not a particularly strong argument. He didn't mention Makarov either, does that mean that Makarov is weak enough to have trouble? No, it just means that it's so obvious that it doesn't bear saying. The same can be said for Erza. As we saw this chapter, Gray and Natsu took it for granted that Erza could take all 100 at once. They just laughed like "That's our Erza." without a hint of the surprise/shock/worry nearly everyone else showed.

Natsu eating other elements to defeat much stronger mages...take that away from him is he strong?

Yes, but he's not as strong as when he's eaten those things, and those are actual additional amounts of power he's eating. No comparison to Fairy Law which adds no power.

Lucy casting Uranometria take that away...probably she will be dead by now .....

Not particularly relevant comparison seeing as it was something given from the outside, though it did use her own power.

Take Fairy Law form makarov ? why is he strong exactly ??

Turn giant, casually block a Jupiter Cannon blast like what took out Erza for a bit, smash up GH's ship easily, handily block an Amaterasu that sent shock waves over a third of the island...

Are you serious ??? you're talking about a spell with a huge AOE range...which will defeat an entire town, and you say it doesn't make him stronger ?

Yep. Knowing it gives Laxus no additional power, he just has enough power to make it work. It's virtue comes from it's selectivity and defense bypass, not to any changes to his base strength.

Alot of people said that Laxus was underestimating Erza power, actually it was clearly mentioned by Mystogan, and when Erza first saw Laxus fighting seriously against HADES..what was her first words..I can't remember....

It sound to me like she had no clue how powerful he was.

To be more clear he did not say she was weak. He just said she is promising, but still not at his n Mystogan level

That Erza was still weak was exactly what Laxus said:

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7234-15/fairy-tail/chapter-119.html

Mystogan called him blind for saying that.

He also thought Evergreen should have been able to beat Erza:

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7228-2/fairy-tail/chapter-113.html

So yeah, Laxus was underestimating Erza. And yes, Erza was surprised by Laxus's strength. That doesn't mean she thought he was vastly stronger than her, just that she'd been underestimating him after he lost to Natsu and Gajeel. It's pretty much the same as her being surprised by enraged Juvia's strength:

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/229/6

If Laxus acknowledged your Erza as an enemy when he used Fairy Law, she will be probably in a room with Jose now....

You can say that about Laxus vs Makarov, Gildarts, Mystogan, Hades, Blue Note, Jose, Jura, etc. That doesn't mean that Laxus is actually stronger than them.

That assumes he has the Thunder Palace prepared, and that he's willing to risk the audience. Erza could have done it much easier by switching to her Fairy Armor and using one attack like she clashed evenly with Erza Knightwalker at the end. You know, the clash that shattered the island they were fighting on?

The reason Laxus had to have prepared it beforehand, is that the Lacrima for it aren't something he created on a moments notice, they're something he would have had to purchase. And seeing as it was his backup plan, and he was trying to conserve power, unless he is really, really stupid, he would have charged it beforehand.

He barely managed to land more hits than the five of them and that's pretty much it. He had a better performance precisely because they were nowhere near 100%. Gray almost passed out upon reaching the GH ship. Erza was badly injured and exhausted from her battle with Azuma. The rest weren't much better off. Laxus on the other hand was completely fresh.

BTW if she managed to defeat all 100 monsters it means that FT A earned 100 points right . Then they are 1st in the Magic Tournament :whoo

100 points wins them first place in the game. First place in the game just earns them 10 points for the tournament.

rose
May 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
Beside I think that would be better if Cana would go first, take some monster out, then Erza would have finished all the remaining monsters, so Fairy Tail team B would take 8 points.

I think that Mashima is wanting to keep the two Fairy Tail teams even in points, so FTA will lose their 3rd day match (especially if it's Erza that's chosen, whether she competes or a reserve is sent in), and FTB will win the 3rd day match (with Juvia possibly being the competitor). That way both teams will have 22 points after the 3rd day.

after the lastest chapter I believe that the tag team would be made-up by Natsu and Wendy, while for Fairy Tail team B would be Luxus and Gazille, so counting that we already know that the tag team for Sabertooth will be Rogue and Sting all the dragonslayer would fight the 4th day.

That is what I was thinking also. Natsu+Wendy vs Sting+Rogue. Sting and Rogue, just like Natsu's lightning-fire mode, will have two different Dragon Slayer elements because of the lacryima they use.
And I'm betting that Laxus and Gajeel would have to take on two of Raven Tail's competitors. The masked guy (who might possibly be Ivan using thought projection) and someone else (Obra maybe?). Gajeel's double agent status would be revealed; and if the masked guy really is Ivan, RavenTail could get disqualified.

That's what I'd like to see happen.

MechR
May 27, 2012, 03:54 PM
That's exactly my point. Laxus and Erza are roughly equal in their general power. Fairy Law doesn't add anything Laxus's base strength or fighting ability. It's just a hax "I win" button that ignores defense and should be disregarded when arguing who is stronger, just like Fairy Glitter should be disregarded when arguing Cana's strength at various times.
Well, the question becomes what we're really trying to compare here: Physical fitness and magical energy, or overall effectiveness in battle? What do people mean when they ask "who's stronger?"

Imagine two Pokemon with equal stats, but one has a better moveset. Which is stronger?

Now imagine you had to pick one to fight against barehanded. Which is stronger?

SerpentTailedAngel
May 27, 2012, 04:00 PM
That is what I was thinking also. Natsu+Wendy vs Sting+Rogue. Sting and Rogue, just like Natsu's lightning-fire mode, will have two different Dragon Slayer elements because of the lacryima they use.
And I'm betting that Laxus and Gajeel would have to take on two of Raven Tail's competitors. The masked guy (who might possibly be Ivan using thought projection) and someone else (Obra maybe?). Gajeel's double agent status would be revealed; and if the masked guy really is Ivan, RavenTail could get disqualified.

That's what I'd like to see happen.

That would be nice to see, but at the same time we've seen the masked man and Ivan separately. There's always the chance that they could just switch places, but then it seems like there ought to be something to indicate it first.

Heriko
May 27, 2012, 05:17 PM
That chapter was badass!
Erza gets 10 points, everone else 0.

The panel with Natsu and Gray laughing, after hearing that Erza takes all 100 was nice :D

They just laughed like "That's our Erza."
exactly my tought :D

I would like to see Erza fighting on the third day, because Wendy can't fight, Elfman did it for her. And on the fourth day for the tag team match i like to see gray with natsu and gajeel with laxus, also sting with rogue.

That means, on the third day, Juvia and Rufus have to fight (not necesserily against each other)

but yeah, that's what I like to see.

Somhow, Raven Tail isn't looking that strong. (you know, what I mean: Flare)

In my opinion, Sabertooth will not be the final villain of this arc but rather allies. I do like Rogue more than Sting!

About the power in Fairy Tail.

I think, Gildartz is the strongest in Fairy Tail, even stronger than Markarov,
then Laxus, somewhere behind Markarov,
and Erza weaker (maybe not much) than Laxus.
And Mirajane is also weaker than Erza.

And Natsu... yeah... seriously. when he fights seriously, he could fight Erza and Mirajane, maybe winning, but only if he is enrage. Without being enrage, he can't be compared to Erza.

But it's just my opinion. You can say, whatever you want :D

Krono
May 27, 2012, 07:49 PM
Well, the question becomes what we're really trying to compare here: Physical fitness and magical energy, or overall effectiveness in battle? What do people mean when they ask "who's stronger?"

Generally when people ask "who's stronger" in this context, they mean "who'd win in a fair fight", and exclude things like Fairy Law. That's why people still rank Laxus as weaker than Gildarts despite the fact that Laxus knows Fairy Law, and Gildarts to our knowledge, does not.

Ifrit
May 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
No, it wasn't stated. Lucy stated that she'd thought Natsu, Gray, and Erza were the three strongest in Fairy Tail. This was the correction:

That yeah Erza was the strongest female, but the strongest males would be Mystogan, Laxus, and Gildarts. Nothing about who was the overall strongest.

mmmm...I think you misunderstood him, he meant this panel,

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7221-7/fairy-tail/chapter-106.html

We can argue forever like this, still there won't be a direct way to put ranks who is stronger.....If you want to consider every detail. What Mashima always try to do is to save everyone face and not humiliate any character.

For Example recently If Jura was over powered by Jellal...it will give a defeat on this strong character, so instead he did what he had to do.

I don't know how Laxus made it to the Island, or how much magic power it consumed to travel through lightning, so again he also used magic power just to get there....

I will agree with you on the part of no direct panel will tell you who is the strongest. You gotta take the hints tho...

I don't and will never agree on taking out Fairy Law form calculation, why ?

If some1 asked here who is stronger Lucy or Bixlow ?

every1 will answer Lucy including me, but your answer will be : Bixlow, why ? because take away Loki from Lucy she lose.

rose
May 27, 2012, 08:43 PM
That would be nice to see, but at the same time we've seen the masked man and Ivan separately. There's always the chance that they could just switch places, but then it seems like there ought to be something to indicate it first.

That's why I said Ivan was using thought projection: the same thing that Jellal used to appear at the council as Siegrain. And both of them have been in the same place, at the Tower of Heaven, right before it was revealed that they were the same person.

I mostly think Ivan is the masked guy because he's been giving orders on who would take part in each event. Kagura has been acting in a similar role for Mermaid Heel, but more in the sense of "I'll allow to you go".

I would like to see Erza fighting on the third day, because Wendy can't fight, Elfman did it for her.
Baccus fought on the second day when he took the place of War Cry, who fought on the first day. So your logic doesn't quite work. The battles are decided by audience vote (or the King's wishes); doesn't mean that everyone will be in a battle, or that the same person can't be in two battles.

MechR
May 27, 2012, 09:38 PM
Generally when people ask "who's stronger" in this context, they mean "who'd win in a fair fight", and exclude things like Fairy Law. That's why people still rank Laxus as weaker than Gildarts despite the fact that Laxus knows Fairy Law, and Gildarts to our knowledge, does not.I think things like Fairy Law count most when the opponents are generally equal(ish). Gildartz is ranked higher because he's generally stronger, i.e. it's uncertain if a Fairy Law from Luxus would take him out.

Demon
May 28, 2012, 03:41 AM
Why does Mystogan keep being referenced, this is just jalles's alter ego, who if memory serves correct was one of the 10 masters, thus equaling Markarov. Laxus not even being a true dragon slayer was just a ploy to tie in Ravenstail, Gildarts by far is the most powerful mage of fairy tail, second i would say is definitely Ezra, Grey would be third because of his battle composure, natsu fourth, but enraged he could probably equal Ezra.

Kauia
May 28, 2012, 04:31 AM
I think your forgetting MIra who was also almost equal to Erza and although Laxus may not be a true dragon slayer, he is also overwhelmingly powerful on his own right. The lacrima I believe is just a plus. Who's to say that he may not be that strong if at some point in the past his potential as a mage was not yet unlocked? And Mystogan, I believe, well I don't even think his real strength was even shown. When it was shown during the fight with Laxus, it was clear to me that Laxus had the upper hand.

Heriko
May 28, 2012, 04:45 AM
Baccus fought on the second day when he took the place of War Cry, who fought on the first day. So your logic doesn't quite work. The battles are decided by audience vote (or the King's wishes); doesn't mean that everyone will be in a battle, or that the same person can't be in two battles.

I didn't see anything like this. Can you show me, where it is written? I don't think, that he took War Crys place.
Also, where is it stated, that the audience votes?

Ifrit
May 28, 2012, 07:05 AM
I didn't see anything like this. Can you show me, where it is written? I don't think, that he took War Crys place.
Also, where is it stated, that the audience votes?

Yeah. in the first chapter when he was introduced. I believe he told Erza that since warcry is in a bad shape after getting owned by Orga attack he is here to replace him.

For who will fight you have to go early chapters perhaps in the first day of the competition it was explained there that the audience will decide who should fight by voting. Unless the king stated otherwise then his wish will be granted.

Despite the fact I did not like the last chapter....I'm happy for the 101 Epic vote. Perhaps something is wrong with me for not liking it this much. I can't remember the last time this thread went this long...last time when Gildartz, Freed, and Bixlow entrance and for sure Acknologia xD

:woot for the 101 votes...Please no one vote Epic anymore the number 101 is epic it self xD

shinomuri
May 28, 2012, 07:22 AM
I think we will probably get to see lucy and gray compete again since they gave suc
h a poor showing before. Besides, its time for gray to show how he's right beind natsu. Gray and lucy will make a good pair.

Heriko
May 28, 2012, 07:36 AM
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/275/16

He only said, that he wanted to leave things to the young ones, but after seeing war cry, i couldn't keep silent.

That does not necessarily mean, that he replaced war cry.

Ifrit
May 28, 2012, 09:30 AM
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/275/16

He only said, that he wanted to leave things to the young ones, but after seeing war cry, i couldn't keep silent.

That does not necessarily mean, that he replaced war cry.

Well...take Elfman for example he got beat up so bad, he can't keep going , so Wendy Replaced him...same thing with Warcry.

they can't compete with 4 members, or they will be disqualified, Anyhow its not a big deal, since they are allowing reserve members anyone can participate as long he has the guild mark and not the master of the guild.

Which make me wonder if Fairy Tail A & B can switch members, I guess we will find out in the Tag-battle event

REN KOUEN
May 28, 2012, 10:03 AM
Well...take Elfman for example he got beat up so bad, he can't keep going , so Wendy Replaced him...same thing with Warcry.

they can't compete with 4 members, or they will be disqualified, Anyhow its not a big deal, since they are allowing reserve members anyone can participate as long he has the guild mark and not the master of the guild.

Which make me wonder if Fairy Tail A & B can switch members, I guess we will find out in the Tag-battle event

i wonder if jellal has the guild mark???

when you think about it they probably checked the team for the mark before they let them enter...

ashher
May 28, 2012, 12:13 PM
oh wow what a chapter...its been quite a long time since when i enjoyed fairy tail this much, though admittedly most of the recent chapters have been good. this chapter reminded me why i came to love the character erza scarlet in the first place.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Yeah. in the first chapter when he was introduced. I believe he told Erza that since warcry is in a bad shape after getting owned by Orga attack he is here to replace him.

For who will fight you have to go early chapters perhaps in the first day of the competition it was explained there that the audience will decide who should fight by voting. Unless the king stated otherwise then his wish will be granted.

Despite the fact I did not like the last chapter....I'm happy for the 101 Epic vote. Perhaps something is wrong with me for not liking it this much. I can't remember the last time this thread went this long...last time when Gildartz, Freed, and Bixlow entrance and for sure Acknologia xD

:woot for the 101 votes...Please no one vote Epic anymore the number 101 is epic it self xD

Nothing is wrong with you. i think i can come up with some 10 or more valid reasons for not liking the chapter. in fact if this were Naruto, i'm sure that loads of nitpicking ppl would've gone crazy over how its an asspull and how its become dbz and what not. thing is, i (and apparently most of us who read FT) when reading FT, don't feel the necessity to be a critic. its badassary which we read FT for, and this chapter was badass at its best(reminded me of Gats in Berserk).

hoeru
May 28, 2012, 12:24 PM

Elfman was replacing Wendy when she went missing right the qualification round. So she's gonna return either for the next battle or the next days (or not). I'd actually like to see her wrecking Sting with her new fighting skills. ^^

I don't think FTA and FTB can switch. Nor would they since there's still that other bet. ;)

i wonder if jellal has the guild mark???

No, apparently he doesn't (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/268/9).

hossice
May 28, 2012, 04:33 PM
I personally think MPF stands for Most Powerful Fairy. :p

sarutobi_sensei
May 28, 2012, 04:37 PM
After last week's chapter, I can't wait for the next chapter. What will happen? I wanna see everyone's reactions to Erza curbstomping 100 monsters.

Dorambalt's reaction was awesomely shown. The guy was feeling remorse for letting them there with Acnologia and now he sees how strong they have become. Or at least Erza for now.

THM Nindo
May 28, 2012, 07:30 PM
I wonder how much will the "Ultear power-up" change the balance.
For example, Erza was already pretty much at Laxus level, but now, she should technically be twice as powerful as she was before...

Meaning, that, at least technically, she should be twice as strong as Laxus...
Unless, of course, Laxus also received the Ultear Power-up, which is pretty likely since he's on Jellal's team...

SlayerKisame
May 29, 2012, 02:16 AM
Erza's development this chapter was pretty awesome. I see a lot of people saying that it was overpowered, but people are forgetting about Ultear's power-up before the tournament. Her ability, Second Origin Release, unlocked a second magic container in Erza, Natsu, and everyone else. Erza had one container and now her magic power has basically doubled because now she has two full magic containers of equivalent size. Most mages in the tournament probably have one container since Ultear said that this discovery was pretty recent.

This pretty much means FT-A is going to have a huge advantage in the tournament in 1v1 fights.

shinomuri
May 29, 2012, 07:07 AM
I don't think Ezra powered up at all from ultears magic. I think gray was right when he suggested she already had access to her second magic container. I'm predicting gray is going to get to show his stuff next chapter. He won't be as. Impressive as ezra, but he may pull out some new moves.

Ifrit
May 29, 2012, 09:08 AM
I don't think Ezra powered up at all from ultears magic. I think gray was right when he suggested she already had access to her second magic container. I'm predicting gray is going to get to show his stuff next chapter. He won't be as. Impressive as ezra, but he may pull out some new moves.

Thank you I read all their posts saying Erza and second origin, but I didn't want to get in an argument with them.

I'm gonna let Erza fans enjoy their moment, before they realize she reached her max ability before the time skip....

lawlett-kun
May 29, 2012, 09:33 AM
Does it really matter if eras has 2 or 1 origins anywa. It all depends n how powerful the equipp she uses is. But yeah I am mire than certain that she has reached her potential before skip, if you guys remember she wasn't even in pain after ultears power up

Xguard
May 29, 2012, 10:20 AM
I agree that Erza already gained her 2nd origin. But because she still has important roles in this manga, so she still can make much capabilities as well.
I like her, even though I'm not her boy fan, I still think that she can handle the harder fight in the future because 2nd origin is not everything for fighting^^.

I still wonder about what MPF stand for.
It may stand for Master Power Fighting or something that relate to xxx xxx Fighting :derp
And if it is power, it may refer to Natsu. So I predict that the next fight we may see Natsu!
Even though I think author should keep him to the last match, but he may fight twice^^

Ifrit
May 29, 2012, 11:31 AM
I personally think MPF stands for Most Powerful Fairy. :p

Thank you really. One of my favorite posts here. I really wanna know what everyone thinks about MPF.

If you're right about what it stands for. This make me think of a Fight between Fairy Tail A and Fairy Tail B.

In this case I vote for Gray Vs Juvia :teehee

Tame
May 29, 2012, 12:33 PM
Ah crap!! I voted "Good", thinking of the chapter before this one, then remembered that there was a new chapter!! And then I remembered that it was EPIIIIIIIIC!! What's wrong with me, lol?

THM Nindo
May 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
Thank you really. One of my favorite posts here. I really wanna know what everyone thinks about MPF.

If you're right about what it stands for. This make me think of a Fight between Fairy Tail A and Fairy Tail B.

Well, if MPF really stands for Most Powerful Fairy, the fight would have to be between the strongest of each team.
In that case, it would have to be Erza vs Laxus.

And with the state of Erza right now, she would most likely lose to Laxus, allowing Team B to get closer to Team A.
That would make a lot of sense to me as I doubt Team B will end very far from Team A.

lawlett-kun
May 29, 2012, 01:57 PM

That or natsu vs gajeel

hoeru
May 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
If MPF stands for "Most Powerful Fairy" wouldn't that mean that Gildarts is about to join one team as replacement for Elsa, maybe to ... "fight" ... Minerva? (With "fight" I actually meant that he actually tries to hit on her returning to his old days as philanderer.) If Gildarts is really pushed over in the anime filler I'd like to see him redeem himself.

BTW, was it mentioned how many replacements a team may have?

THM Nindo
May 29, 2012, 02:03 PM
If MPF stands for "Most Powerful Fairy" wouldn't that mean that Gildarts is about to join one team as replacement for Elsa, maybe to ... "fight" ... Minerva? (With "fight" I actually meant that he actually tries to hit on her returning to his old days as philanderer.)

BTW, was it mentioned how many replacements a team may have?

Minvera isn't a Fairy, so she wouldn't be a contendant for the "Most Powerful Fairy"
And I doubt that Gildarts will appear in this competition... he's just too strong.

I could see Natsu vs Gajeel maybe, but we already saw that fight before and we know that Natsu is stronger, so that would be boring.
I thought about Mirajane vs Erza, but Mirajane already fought once, so she probably can't be picked again.

I'm almost certain that if there's a fight between Fairy Tail A and Fairy Tail B, it will be Erza vs Laxus.
And Laxus should win so that Team B gets 10 points and gets closer to the Team A and to the Top.

lawlett-kun
May 29, 2012, 02:07 PM
But if we go by most powerful fairy , we can't really decide the most powerful fairy just from the duel of the 2 fairies, not really makes sense to me tbh.I think pf is going to be something to do with the eviL guy plans.

Kauia
May 29, 2012, 04:17 PM
It makes no sense for me to see Erza fight after what happened in this chapter. Most likely, it'll be Laxus, which I hope to be the case, who makes one hell of a fight where he obviously comes as the winner. I don't there'll be be anyone in FT A who can fight on the par with Laxus. Don't say Natsu because after that chapter a week ago, he won't be entering the stage to fight.

sarutobi_sensei
May 29, 2012, 07:15 PM
I have read the chapter 3 times already. Whenever I get to the part of Erza getting number one and stating that she was thinking this would be decided by luck of the draw I get chills down my spine.

The sheer amount of confidence, the speech she gives when saying that it's no longer a competition and that she will take on all 100 enemies is purely epic.

Everyone's reactions to that, Doranbalt crying, everyone cheering and then the question returns, who is the strongest guild out there?

There is no doubt in my mind that it was and is fairy tail, but these people will see something that most of them couldn't think of again, FT being the strongest guild in Fiore.

And Guildarts isn't there, if he was, then well, I don't know how it would be xD

Mavis's face when Erza was fighting was awesome, she was surprised that something like that would happen. And well, it was epic.

Gonna read it again now xD

NAM61
May 29, 2012, 08:35 PM
i think either natsu or wendy will fight in the next round wonder who will be

Kauia
May 29, 2012, 09:57 PM
Nah, Natsu just made quite the bomb in last week's chapter. For this week, it was Erza. It's more likely to see at least Gray or Wendy but I'm counting to see her as part of the tag-team event or maybe a duel for the next day. If not, Laxus make an appearance for the next chapter. I'm sure everyone wants to see how much Gray changed after getting the second origin. There's Juvia too. But if MPF stands for Most Powerful Fairy, then wouldn't Laxus come to mind, being that he's the strongest available fairy tail fighter competitor. Don't say Gildarts since its a sure thing for him not to make an appearance. That guy will pulverize everything in a matter of seconds.

GomuGomu_Getsuga
May 30, 2012, 12:14 AM
Erza is so epic it isn't even funny. She will make a return but probably later on when the tournament is interrupted or something.

As to who is stronger out of Erza and Laxus...I'd say Laxus by a decent bit. I think Erza is on par with base Laxus. None of Fairy Tail was aware that Laxus had dragon slayers powers. I doubt Erza could one shot Natsu and Gajeel like Laxus did. That being said I do think Natsu is on par with Erza if not stronger.

I think we may see Fairy Tail and Sabertooth working together sometime soon.

Ninja_Pirate
May 30, 2012, 04:22 AM
I am still in the hangover of the chapter, this is first time that I have opened FT thread more than One piece thread... Just was so excited about everyone's reaction on Erza power up .... I personally think that Erza will not be up for the next round at least ...

But since It was decided to make Elfman fight from FTA when it was actually indicated by the King that he wanted to see Erza fight there is a high probability she will this time ... So the spirit she has shown in this round is just the starting :D

Sollum
May 30, 2012, 08:35 AM
Hmm, maybe Natsu versus Laxus? Time to eat some Lighting eh? :>

Airgrimes
May 30, 2012, 09:04 AM
Why does talk like Wendy is strong like Natsu and Gray? Im not trolling but could I get told what makes her strong and compared to that level of power?
Since Natsu is amongst the strongest mages in the series and all.

THM Nindo
May 30, 2012, 11:42 AM
Why does talk like Wendy is strong like Natsu and Gray? Im not trolling but could I get told what makes her strong and compared to that level of power?

She his a Dragon Slayer, so by definition, she's strong.
Also, she just learn a few new technique from the book that the old woman (forgot her name) gave her.

She's not as strong as Natsu and Gray, but she's not a pushover.
Hopefully, she will have the chance to prove it during the tournament.

thousandIN1
May 30, 2012, 02:05 PM
she's a ds so she has hidden potential and she was one of the lucky few who got powered up by Ultear.
i think her Milky Way is a healing type or status effect type for the foe
and her Shining Wave Air Drill is an offensive technique(shinkuu hadoken), hopefully we get to see her go up against another ds in the battle portion, but IMO she will fight obra for revenge.

Ifrit
May 31, 2012, 02:30 AM
but IMO she will fight obra for revenge.

I would love to see this fight. If Obra skill is drain other people magic. Wendy skill is to recover people from bad shapes, also give them a short time boost, so she would actually be the better mage to fight this type of magic.

JunKisaragi
May 31, 2012, 04:09 AM
Nice to see how this thread has shaped up (a lot of backreading done, hehe).

With the prediction of MPF as "Most Powerful Fairy", it could very well be Laxus.

So now, the possible scenarios in my head for the next chapter would be:

1. Erza could faint before leaving Pandemonium seeing that she's very much exhausted with what she did, leaving Fairy Tail A with no points earned. (p.16 could be a foreshadowing of that (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/11847077/16)).

and

2. It's Fairy Tail B's turn to show what FT is made of, with Laxus as their rep. for the next round.

I'm so excited for tomorrow. :D

hoeru
May 31, 2012, 06:42 AM
If Elsa collapsed or Fairy Tail A received 0 Points now I'd put FT on an instant personal hiatus until that "stupid arc" would be over. I really hope Mashima wasn't even considering such a troll resolve when he though about putting this event into the tournament which has a direct link to Levy's letter to Lucy.

How about MPF being an abbreviation for "Mages' Pandemonium Fight" as a replacement melée battle of all remaining mages? The one who stands last is second in place of the whole Pandemonium competition.

THM Nindo
May 31, 2012, 08:32 AM
I really doubt that Erza would faint and get 0 points.

At first I thought that Mashima was intending for Fairy Tail to finish last, but still save the day with the whole evil thing going on in the background, but seeing that they are actually starting to get points, I think he intends for both of them to finish 1st and 2nd, showing everybody that Fairy Tail is definitely the #1 guild in Fiore.

Going with that idea, I think that Erza will get her 10 points and that everybody else might get 0.
And the MPF should be Laxus, so that he also gets 10 points and allow Team B to raise in the scoring board as well.

Xguard
May 31, 2012, 11:32 AM
I think "Most Powerful Fairy" is kinda impossible. Chapter's name should be the type of competition. Author should not create his own abbreviation for chapter's name.

Maybe it's Match Point Fighting, Master Power Fighting, Martial Power Fighting, etc.
Or else, it may be the evil plan's name. ;)

PS. We will see it very soon. ^^

NAM61
May 31, 2012, 01:08 PM
Since Natsu is amongst the strongest mages in the series and all.
gray is not that strong either but wendy is not a push pver specially since she got the magic book and she will porbably be strong not at natsus or erzas level but she is not weak

Raicrune
May 31, 2012, 02:16 PM
Who knows. Wendy is the only dragon slayer who got 2 magic spells from the dragon itself. It might be even more powerfull than any of Natsu's or Gajeels magic. Who ofcourse might get some magic spells from their dragons later on??

Anyways i want Natsu to battle one of the sabretooth member so badly. I hope this happens. Plus i hope another fairy tail member will show off the audience his/her power.

thousandIN1
May 31, 2012, 06:54 PM
If Elsa collapsed or Fairy Tail A received 0 Points now I'd put FT on an instant personal hiatus until that "stupid arc" would be over. I really hope Mashima wasn't even considering such a troll resolve when he though about putting this event into the tournament which has a direct link to Levy's letter to Lucy.

How about MPF being an abbreviation for "Mages' Pandemonium Fight" as a replacement melée battle of all remaining mages? The one who stands last is second in place of the whole Pandemonium competition.

that's a good acronym, but i think the M could stand for Mercurius
so.... Mercurius Performance Finale
an all battle royal would be cool though

masubiladin
May 31, 2012, 09:46 PM
It seems like Fairy Tail is quiet over power in my opinion. The fact that Luxus and Gegard(w/e his name is) in there was consider cheating. What also seem not logical is that Natsu is not an S mage, his power at max is higher than most of the guild except Master and the "old geezer".

THM Nindo
May 31, 2012, 10:04 PM
It seems like Fairy Tail is quiet over power in my opinion. The fact that Luxus and Gegard(w/e his name is) in there was consider cheating. What also seem not logical is that Natsu is not an S mage, his power at max is higher than most of the guild except Master and the "old geezer".

Well, he certainly have the power to be a S-class mage.
After the event of the S-class competition, Makarov should have given him the promotion.

I mean... sure, it was Cana that eventually found the Fairy Glitter (and she didn't get the promotion either), but Natsu was the one (with help, of course) that ultimately beat the villain, a villain that even defeated Makarov himself.

He certainly deserved it.

kkck
June 01, 2012, 12:19 AM
I think "Most Powerful Fairy" is kinda impossible. Chapter's name should be the type of competition. Author should not create his own abbreviation for chapter's name.

Maybe it's Match Point Fighting, Master Power Fighting, Martial Power Fighting, etc.
Or else, it may be the evil plan's name. ;)

PS. We will see it very soon. ^^

Well, they already had the competition portion of the days games. In this regard, all that is left is the fighting portion of the game. I doubt they would go for most powerful fairy though. Calling laxus a fairy is a bit weird even if he is indeed a member of fairy tail. Besides, laxus is supposed to fight orga and I doubt he would compete if he technically already took part in the games portion. I think MPF has to do with a specific magic or perhaps it has to do with whatevet the captain guy is working on.

Krono
June 01, 2012, 02:06 AM
Nothing prevents Orga from fighting after he competes, that's what Bacchus and Kurohebi did.

Still I rather doubt it'll be most powerful fairy. At this point I lean towards some sort of wrap up for Pandemonium.

MechR
June 01, 2012, 02:45 AM
Nothing prevents Orga from fighting after he competes, that's what Bacchus and Kurohebi did.
OTOH, Orga has already fought once, against War Cry.

REN KOUEN
June 01, 2012, 10:38 AM
The fairy tail prediction discussion thresd is rivaling the naruto thread!!!

Thr mangahelpers community has spoken!!! Fairytail is now amongst the "bigthree"

Krono
June 01, 2012, 10:45 AM
OTOH, Orga has already fought once, against War Cry.

True, but nothing says that members can't fight more than once. If the tag battles end up being 3 vs 3 instead of 2 vs 2, it's actually guaranteed that someone will fight twice unless their team has done a substitution or two.

kkck
June 01, 2012, 12:15 PM
Thinking about it, does it make a shred of sense for erza to have called 100 monsters? Granted, its plain badass that she was able to defeat 100 of them even though the game was set so that it was impossible and the strongest one would actually be a match for the likes of makarov, gildarts, gerard or jura but it still does not make sense. The game was about who could defeat the most monsters basically. Now, erza picked 100 monsters simply out of badassness and because she thought she could win. However, if she thought she could win against all 100 monsters, wouldn't it make sense for her to actually pick less enemies? She didn't need to kill all of them, she just needed to kill more than the rest of the guys there. In this regard it really does not make sense to pick 100 from any point of view. She could have gotten hurt, she could have gotten even killed during the games. She is an important member of the team, and if anything what evens the field against the other FT team who has mira and laxus. Picking 51 enemies would have guaranteed the win for her and pose a significantly reduced risk. Heck, she did not even have to pick that many. If she had asked for 40 monsters it would have still been hard for the rest of the guys to catch up. Perhaps only jura would have been a thread there. Anyways, the actually logical number to pick was 51, it achieved the exam same win for her and required just about half the effort. Heck, it would have been even less than that if the S class monster did not appear which was about 50% likely.

Of course, there is a technicality which could justify the insanity to some point. The competition section awards points for the position each mage falls in. Erza is now first and everyone else is dead last. In this regard what erza did would make sense if it means every other team gets 0 points. In turn, if everyone else falls in second and gets the respective points then it would have been a very bad move on erza's part considering under any other scenario there would have been less points for the other teams.

Xguard
June 01, 2012, 12:38 PM
Thinking about it, does it make a shred of sense for erza to have called 100 monsters? Granted, its plain badass that she was able to defeat 100 of them even though the game was set so that it was impossible and the strongest one would actually be a match for the likes of makarov, gildarts, gerard or jura but it still does not make sense. The game was about who could defeat the most monsters basically. Now, erza picked 100 monsters simply out of badassness and because she thought she could win. However, if she thought she could win against all 100 monsters, wouldn't it make sense for her to actually pick less enemies? She didn't need to kill all of them, she just needed to kill more than the rest of the guys there. In this regard it really does not make sense to pick 100 from any point of view. She could have gotten hurt, she could have gotten even killed during the games. She is an important member of the team, and if anything what evens the field against the other FT team who has mira and laxus. Picking 51 enemies would have guaranteed the win for her and pose a significantly reduced risk. Heck, she did not even have to pick that many. If she had asked for 40 monsters it would have still been hard for the rest of the guys to catch up. Perhaps only jura would have been a thread there. Anyways, the actually logical number to pick was 51, it achieved the exam same win for her and required just about half the effort. Heck, it would have been even less than that if the S class monster did not appear which was about 50% likely.

Of course, there is a technicality which could justify the insanity to some point. The competition section awards points for the position each mage falls in. Erza is now first and everyone else is dead last. In this regard what erza did would make sense if it means every other team gets 0 points. In turn, if everyone else falls in second and gets the respective points then it would have been a very bad move on erza's part considering under any other scenario there would have been less points for the other teams.

In case that when she defeat them all and the is no second winner, FairyTailA will be the only one team that gain the score.

In case that she defeat 51 monsters, the competition will not be ended, but FairyTailB's round is 8th that means other team maybe take the second place before FairyTailB fight.

So best choice is to defeat them all at Elza's round, and make a wish^^ that organizer will keep on other competition to find 2nd place.(reset the order of fighting)

So i think Elza chose the right decision.
Including, this will gain Fairy Tail guild's reputation back a bit more ^^

lionheart555
June 04, 2012, 02:49 PM
I doubt she chose 100 monsters because she was worried about winning or losing or even to prevent the others from getting a shot at the competition. When the pumpkin dude tried to talk her out of it she said "I don't care." Also, I don't think the S monster would have posed a problem for the likes of gildarts or Jura. Both have shown to have extremely devastating wide range magical attacks. Sure the average fighter would have had a problem, but we already know Fairy Tail is no average guild.

As for Erza's choice, I'm sure the only thing on her mind was to give it her all and to show everyone in the stadium that Fairy Tail isn't the chickenfeed guild they were thought to be.