PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 285 Discussion/286 Predictions

ghostexiled
May 25, 2012, 06:44 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

•Sasuke•
June 01, 2012, 10:45 AM
http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=47951505 lastpost

http://thumbnails69.imagebam.com/19343/058314193420500.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/058314193420500) http://thumbnails59.imagebam.com/19343/a6d828193420507.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a6d828193420507) http://thumbnails58.imagebam.com/19343/4ef4cc193420512.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/4ef4cc193420512)

Ether
June 01, 2012, 10:51 AM
Looks like Mavis has given Cana Fairy glitter once again "For fairy tail's victory" lol
So FT A gains 10 points and the other teams keep competing, hm...

ILikeSleeping
June 01, 2012, 10:56 AM
LOL at Makarov's face when he sees what Kana has:teehee

Ace4
June 01, 2012, 11:08 AM
But the Panemonium should already be over, why is Cana there? Is she fighting against some unlucky person? If every one gets a shot and they reset Pandemonium then it's kinda boring with 3-4 people getting 10 points.

kkck
June 01, 2012, 11:14 AM
Well, that kinda justifies kana's place there. Still, why wouldn't just about anyone else be given fairy glitter? Kinda lame that she had to be given an exceedingly complex and unfathomably intricate spell which colects and concentrates the light of the sun, the moon and the stars (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/233/7). Who is kana fighting though?

rose
June 01, 2012, 11:18 AM
So, from what I could read, it looks like MPF stands for Magic Power Finder. And chapter 286 is titled Laxus vs Arekusei (no idea what that should be romanised to; Alexay?). It doesn't seem to match any other name we know. Final member of Raven Tail, or a reserve for another team?

Darjaille
June 01, 2012, 11:22 AM
If I'm not blind, then MPF = magic power finder; that sounds more like a contest name (now's the time for the fights of the day), or is that a name of Cana's attack or something?

pongy
June 01, 2012, 11:32 AM
So, from what I could read, it looks like MPF stands for Magic Power Finder. And chapter 286 is titled Laxus vs Arekusei (no idea what that should be romanised to; Alexay?). It doesn't seem to match any other name we know. Final member of Raven Tail, or a reserve for another team?

Based on the grand magic game guide book that we have, there's only one guy whom we still don't know the name..

http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v33/c280.5/6.html

The Rabbit! Alexay = Rabbit!!! It's him!!

Lol.. I don't know. But if it's him and rabbit's pwning Laxus it's gonna be the biggest troll ever by Mashima.

Krono
June 01, 2012, 11:34 AM
If I'm not blind, then MPF = magic power finder; that sounds more like a contest name (now's the time for the fights of the day), or is that a name of Cana's attack or something?

Given the next title is Laxus vs Alexei, it pretty much has to be a contest since Cana's in action. Which on one hand is kind of unfair to Fairy Tail A as the contest part was supposed to end when all 100 monsters were defeated according to the rule, which Erza did. And the other two contests did have the possibility of the first place winner keeping anyone else from getting points. On the other hand, the rules didn't expect the first person to go to clear all 100 at once, and it'd be kind of unfair to the rest to leave them with zero points simply due to luck of the draw.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Based on the grand magic game guide book that we have, there's only one guy whom we still don't know the name..

Lol.. I don't know. But if it's him and rabbit's pwning Laxus it's gonna be the biggest troll ever by Mashima.

We also don't know the name of the Raven Tail knight, and Raven Tail is due for a set back.

Ether
June 01, 2012, 11:37 AM
If I'm not blind, then MPF = magic power finder; that sounds more like a contest name
It's true that it sounds like a contest. Maybe it's like a replacement contest as all the monsters of the Pandemonium have been killed by Erza.

THM Nindo
June 01, 2012, 11:44 AM

Lol, that would be funny.
But it seems you forgot someone.

I think Laxus might face the only other guy that we don't know the name:
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v33/c280.5/10.html

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

And seeing as how Cana looks like she might actually win the MPF since she has the Fairy Glitter, I think that Laxus might lose against the Raven Tail guy next week.
Otherwise, that would be a lot of points for Fairy Tail B, and I can't see them going in front of Team A in the competition.

mstarsup5
June 01, 2012, 11:48 AM
Laxus will definitely have to fight the RavenTail guy...
Would be nice to find out who is fighting under that mask. They will surely do very dirty things, but I hope Laxus wins anyway.

Vengeance
June 01, 2012, 11:48 AM
And seeing as how Cana looks like she might actually win the MPF since she has the Fairy Glitter, I think that Laxus might lose against the Raven Tail guy next week.
Otherwise, that would be a lot of points for Fairy Tail B, and I can't see them going in front of Team A in the competition.
But if Raven Tail wins this next battle round they pretty much won the entire tournament unless they get 0 points the last two days.

THM Nindo
June 01, 2012, 12:03 PM
But if Raven Tail wins this next battle round they pretty much won the entire tournament unless they get 0 points the last two days.

True...
Didn't thought about that.

Well, at least that would leave a lot more pressure on the remaining fighters:
- Natsu
- Gray
- Gajeel
- Juvia

- Cana (I guess she wouldn't fight since she replaced Jellal who already fought)
- Wendy? (I guess she wouldn't fight since Elfman replace her and fought)

Ifrit
June 01, 2012, 12:03 PM

LOL...dude don't give Mashima any ideas..he is already planing on washing Laxus away, and his first move was to give Natsu his Lightning....

However The armor mage from Raven Tail his name is still unkown, so I believe it will be him to face Laxus. Perhaps the point where the Lachrima get taken from Laxus....not sure.

Doesn't matter how chapter goes. I'm voting Epic for just letting Kana wins something...be fair guys...that poor Kana never get any attention...

IIBICKSII
June 01, 2012, 12:13 PM
You know why im fine with Cana having Fairy Glitter :) She is the daughter of Gildarts so i think its fair she has it lol like father like daughter ( instead of son) lol

THM Nindo
June 01, 2012, 12:18 PM
Yeah, Cana went from the random drinking girl in the background to a very important character in the manga.

She's the daughter of the strongest Fairy Tail member (and a father figure to Natsu) and she was entrusted the Fairy Glitter one of the 3 greatest power from the Fairy Tail guild.

kkck
June 01, 2012, 12:46 PM
Well, given what we have seen recently, why would anyone think at this point that sabertooth is the number one guild in fiore? How does that even begin to make sense? Fairy tail is the one guild that has 2 capable teams in the tournament for one thing. We actually saw that outside of the six guys that fight the tournament not one of them is worth a damn in sabertooth. Natsu basically paraded into sabertooth, hurt a bunch of people and then handed the ass of the guy who enma made fight natsu. Elfman was able to kinda beat baccus even though baccus is supposed to be about as strong as erza. Mistgun was as strong as one of the 10 holy mages (granted this is gerard but mistgun even though unknown was known to be strong). Laxus is insanely strong, mira is still a beast. Gajeel is about as strong as natsu. Grey is also about as strong as natsu. Lucy is remarkably capable and is getting closer to being a one woman army on her own right. Wendy is the ultimate healer. Heck, even without the people in the current teams fairy tail would still be able to compete in the tournament and do pretty well. The raijinjishu, elfman, lisana(to some extent), cana, gildarts (which should by default always ben written GILDARTS MOTHERFUCKING CLIVE), levi and a number of other people would still make at the very least adequate additions to the teams or make good teams on their own. Maybe it is not evident to the people in the manga as it is to the readers however I don't see how sabertooth is such a big deal in the grand scheme of things, fairy tail has at least overwhelming superiority right now.

THM Nindo
June 01, 2012, 12:52 PM
Well, given what we have seen recently, why would anyone think at this point that sabertooth is the number one guild in fiore? How does that even begin to make sense? Fairy tail is the one guild that has 2 capable teams in the tournament for one thing. We actually saw that outside of the six guys that fight the tournament not one of them is worth a damn in sabertooth. Natsu basically paraded into sabertooth, hurt a bunch of people and then handed the ass of the guy who enma made fight natsu. Elfman was able to kinda beat baccus even though baccus is supposed to be about as strong as erza. Mistgun was as strong as one of the 10 holy mages (granted this is gerard but mistgun even though unknown was known to be strong). Laxus is insanely strong, mira is still a beast. Gajeel is about as strong as natsu. Grey is also about as strong as natsu. Lucy is remarkably capable and is getting closer to being a one woman army on her own right. Wendy is the ultimate healer. Heck, even without the people in the current teams fairy tail would still be able to compete in the tournament and do pretty well. The raijinjishu, elfman, lisana(to some extent), cana, gildarts (which should by default always ben written GILDARTS MOTHERFUCKING CLIVE), levi and a number of other people would still make at the very least adequate additions to the teams or make good teams on their own. Maybe it is not evident to the people in the manga as it is to the readers however I don't see how sabertooth is such a big deal in the grand scheme of things, fairy tail has at least overwhelming superiority right now.

Well... Yeah, but you're forgetting something really important...
For 7 years, all the big guns were gone...

The only mages that were kinda good in Fairy tail during those 7 years were:
- Macao & Wakaba
- Alzack and Biska
- Jet & Droy
- Max
- Laki

None of them would stand a chance against the people in the competition right now.
Actually, they sucked so bad that a really weak guild like "Twilight Ogre" was able to beat them...

kkck
June 01, 2012, 01:07 PM
Well, technically the lot of them were actually stronger than twighlight oger though. Natsu was about as strong as max right after the timeskip and natsu was stronger than the lot of them. I don't think twighlight oger was actually a stronger guild than fairy tail back then at least considering the same guys who were defeated by the old gang were the ones sent to the tournament. Ultimately the guys who were left would be at least adequate.

Still, all I am pointing out is that right now there is no way that right no sabertooth is in some form stronger than fairy tail, it just wouldn't make sense.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 01, 2012, 01:16 PM
There's also the fact that most people are more likely to be impressed by the strength of the people who've come in first in a highly publicized tournament every year it's been running then that they'll remember the strength of a guild famous for wrecking property that became obsolete years ago.

Vengeance
June 01, 2012, 01:51 PM
Sabertooth is a non factor at this point. It's more about Raven Tail dominating the majority of the tournament. Sabertooth at this point is simply a stepping stone.

Ifrit
June 01, 2012, 02:02 PM
Sabertooth is a non factor at this point. It's more about Raven Tail dominating the majority of the tournament. Sabertooth at this point is simply a stepping stone.

mmm...I think Raven Tail will continue their domination of this tournament. It will end like this:

1-Raven Tail

2-Fairy Tail A

3-SABERTOOTH

4-Fairy Tail B ( I think Laxus will fall against the Raven Tail armored mage in some dirty way, so Mashima build more n more hate against Raven Tail). Also showing Laxus what his father guild is all about.

However Raven Tail get disqualified for cheating, so the No1 will be Fairy Tail A, and probably they will win over Sabrooth with 1 point difference.

What Gajeel said here:

http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v33/c276/14.html

hoeru
June 01, 2012, 02:15 PM
And chapter 286 is titled Laxus vs Arekusei (no idea what that should be romanised to; Alexay?).

How about simply: Alexei (Алексе́й in cyrillic)?

zerocooldx
June 01, 2012, 02:19 PM

I don't know how you can say that when only their "weakest" member has lost a match, and even in that match she went up against someone who presumably is going to end up being one of the top female, or even male, characters in terms of strength. We have no idea what the five strongest members of Sabertooth are capable of. We've just seen small glimpses that have ended up being pretty impressive. I think in the end Sabertooth is going to win the tournament, but in reality Fairy Tail will end up being acknowledged as the "strongest" guild among the participating mages due to how strong of a showing they had with their two teams. But there is no way that anyone should be writing off Sabertooth just because they haven't gotten the opportunity to showcase themselves or because their guild philosophy is different from most other guilds.

Ifrit
June 01, 2012, 02:33 PM
I think in the end Sabertooth is going to win the tournament

I like your enthusiasm, but do you actually think a team contains:

Natsu, Erza, Gray, Lucy, and Wendy will lose ? You're talking about Mashima top 5 favorite characters they will never lose...

Vengeance
June 01, 2012, 02:36 PM
I don't know how you can say that when only their "weakest" member has lost a match, and even in that match she went up against someone who presumably is going to end up being one of the top female, or even male, characters in terms of strength.
That weakest member openly admitted that Lucy was superior to her.

Based on Stings reactions to Natsu he himself is doubting if he can even beat Natsu at this point.

Natsu was able to deckout their guild master.

Really when it comes to pvp matchups unless it's something like Fairy Tails weakest against Sabertooth's strongest they really aren't showing to be all that impressive.

Also assuming Sabertooth got 0 points last round Fairy Tail is currently in second.

We have no idea what the five strongest members of Sabertooth are capable of.
Actually we have a very good idea on how strong they are. Sting is afraid of Natsu's power, Orga is a reject Laxus, Rufus uses memory magic, Rogue is a dragon slayer who will likely face Gajeel, while the new girl uses barriers.

We've just seen small glimpses that have ended up being pretty impressive. I think in the end Sabertooth is going to win the tournament,
Highely unlikely considering that they're in 3rd place while Raven Tail is up what 16 points(?) before their battle round? Raven Tail needs to consistently get 0 in order to lose at this point.

but in reality Fairy Tail will end up being acknowledged as the "strongest" guild among the participating mages due to how strong of a showing they had with their two teams. But there is no way that anyone should be writing off Sabertooth just because they haven't gotten the opportunity to showcase themselves or because their guild philosophy is different from most other guilds.
Plot wise Sabertooth has never been important. Unless Genma reveals himself to have some long history with Maka they're basically filler in this arc. Ivan has history with Fairy Tail while his guild is currently dominating this tournament & have been shown to be systematically targeting Fairy Tail. Like I said Sabertooth is a non factor at this point & are mearly a stepping stone.

ILikeSleeping
June 01, 2012, 02:37 PM
True...
Didn't thought about that.

Well, at least that would leave a lot more pressure on the remaining fighters:
- Natsu
- Gray
- Gajeel
- Juvia

- Cana (I guess she wouldn't fight since she replaced Jellal who already fought)
- Wendy? (I guess she wouldn't fight since Elfman replace her and fought)

That's been shown to not be true. If you look at Quatro Cerberus (Puppy), the guy that Bacchus replaced had already fought yet Bacchus was allowed to fight when he came in.

1337 haxor
June 01, 2012, 02:38 PM
The reasons for Cana were pretty justified, they wouldn't send her without a bazooka.

Honestly, she needs a cut. Her base magic is quite useful but not powerful, she needs at least one hax ability not to live under the shadow of her awesome father.

zerocooldx
June 01, 2012, 03:08 PM
That weakest member openly admitted that Lucy was superior to her.

Based on Stings reactions to Natsu he himself is doubting if he can even beat Natsu at this point.

Natsu was able to deckout their guild master.

Really when it comes to pvp matchups unless it's something like Fairy Tails weakest against Sabertooth's strongest they really aren't showing to be all that impressive.

Also assuming Sabertooth got 0 points last round Fairy Tail is currently in second.

It doesn't really matter because she is still the weakest one regardless of who on Fairy Tail is stronger then her. Also I didn't see Sting doubt anything, and he certainly isn't afraid of Natsu. He was excited to see how strong Natsu was, and we clearly saw that last chapter where he didn't even want to participate if Natsu wasn't participating as well. There is a big difference between doubting yourself and being excited to the point where you don't even care about the tournament unless you face off against a certain person. That isn't doubt, thats excitement to compete against someone.

Actually we have a very good idea on how strong they are. Sting is afraid of Natsu's power, Orga is a reject Laxus, Rufus uses memory magic, Rogue is a dragon slayer who will likely face Gajeel, while the new girl uses barriers.

Again, you are just using your own personal opinion and stating it as a manga fact. I don't see how any of that relates to how strong Sabertooth really are in the least. By that logic anyone that doesn't have a "never or rarely before seen" ability is automatically one step above fodder.

Highely unlikely considering that they're in 3rd place while Raven Tail is up what 16 points(?) before their battle round? Raven Tail needs to consistently get 0 in order to lose at this point.

Highly unlikely? What? We aren't even half way into the tournament and you are already declaring a winner...If that was the case everyone would already know that Sabertooth is out of contention to repeat as the winners.

Plot wise Sabertooth has never been important. Unless Genma reveals himself to have some long history with Maka they're basically filler in this arc. Ivan has history with Fairy Tail while his guild is currently dominating this tournament & have been shown to be systematically targeting Fairy Tail. Like I said Sabertooth is a non factor at this point & are mearly a stepping stone.

And how exactly is Sabertooth not important plot wise? Aside from the fact that they are the clear antagonists, they have two dragon slayers that directly oppose the two dragon slayers from Fairy Tail. Not to mention that finding out more about them killing their parents and etc. is critical information when it comes to dragons and dragon slayers. Raven Tail on the other hand is the guild that isn't all that important in this instance because we have already seen this play out before with Gajeel. This is absolutely nothing new. Its the same old story of Ivan going after Fairy Tail...yet again.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I like your enthusiasm, but do you actually think a team contains:

Natsu, Erza, Gray, Lucy, and Wendy will lose ? You're talking about Mashima top 5 favorite characters they will never lose...

Except for the fact that we already saw both Gray and Lucy not only lose, but get embarrassed at the same time...

wooticus
June 01, 2012, 03:09 PM
It seems like Mashima grew fond of Mavis.. he just uses her everywhere.. i wouldn't wonder if she'll actually fight on herself somehow at the end of the arc / manga

Ifrit
June 01, 2012, 03:41 PM
Except for the fact that we already saw both Gray and Lucy not only lose, but get embarrassed at the same time...

How many times have we seen this happen ?

The good guys lose the battle, but in the end they win the war...

DanteSonOfSparda
June 01, 2012, 03:46 PM

I really had to laugh about that part....it's funny 'cause it's true :^_^

Leonsagara
June 01, 2012, 04:37 PM

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Lucy's loss shouldn't really count against her. She definitely had the win but for the outside interference. Also, those losses were just to get Fairy Tail more motivated to win and to showcase how dirty Raven Tail is.

Shamy
June 01, 2012, 04:49 PM
Full chapter raw: http://www.mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-285-Raw-Scan

http://i.imgur.com/Fudoy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2gfvR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IUDyf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/99Ldu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LSeyA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MoUmf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2krpx.jpg

kkck
June 01, 2012, 04:59 PM
Grey did lose fair and square though. The raven guy picked on him but there was not any cheating involved.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

So... what just happened? They couldn't continue the original game thanks to erza and they decided for a tiebreaker round at which cana kinda half cheated by using a magic which is not even hers?

At least laxus does seem to want to tank on orga and he seems to be happy about the amount of power he has. I do wonder if orga won't end up being to weak for laxis though. Even in the extreme case of orga being a god slayer (which IMO is likely considering the black lightning) laxus does seem to be on a different level. Isn't he actually close to gildarts? I really did not expect jura to be so strong though, he never particularly stroke me as the insanely strong guy. I guess he did become stronger over the past seven years. He originally mentioned he was the least of the 10 holy mages however perhaps that is no longer the case. I would love to see how he matches up against the likes of makarov nowadays.

Kauia
June 01, 2012, 05:02 PM
Raven Tail looks suspicious. Do you think they have plans involving Cana or a direct threat to Fairy Tail itself?

THM Nindo
June 01, 2012, 05:03 PM
Wow!
Fairy Glitter is really freaking powerful!!

I wonder just how often can Cana use this...

SerpentTailedAngel
June 01, 2012, 05:05 PM
Glad they didn't do a bunch of extra rounds of battle.

Ifrit
June 01, 2012, 05:27 PM
OMG...It gets better n better every time I see Sting face...hehehehe...

Not sure if Raven Tail is planing something against Laxus or Kana....I do hope Laxus get to show off like the rest tho. Without any trolling from Mashima to build up hate against Raven Tail.

Kauia
June 01, 2012, 05:29 PM
I thought Laxus face was interesting. He looks a little fired up, well excited to fight Orga. I just love the look of surprise of everyone whenever they do something. Poor Hibiki though. The expression I loved the most was Makarov's.

Ether
June 01, 2012, 05:42 PM
Loled at the Raven tail guy who wasn't even giving an actual s***

Kauia
June 01, 2012, 05:53 PM
Who knows, there's a chance that his ability isn't aggressive but rather a defensive one. It might be a counter magic where it cancel's your magic and use it against the enemy.

rose
June 01, 2012, 06:15 PM
So, if my calculations are correct, this is the current point total after the event:
Raven Tail 36+0=36
Lamia Scale 20+6=26
Sabertooth 20+4=24
Mermaid Heel 19+3=22
Fairy Tail A 12+10=22
Fairy Tail B 12+8=20
Blue Pegasus 17+1=18
Quattro Puppy 12+2=14

And Alexei is the name of the masked guy from Raven Tail, who will be taking on Laxus next chapter. At the end he says something about their true goal

Buggy
June 01, 2012, 07:18 PM
Alexei you say... Since it sounds Russian here's a wild guess - Laxus' brother kept and trained by Ivan in secret from Makarov and Laxus! I think it's plausible.

1337 haxor
June 01, 2012, 07:50 PM
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29800000/It-s-over-9000-its-over-9000-29849302-496-370.jpg?1338598608694
It had to be said!

Krono
June 01, 2012, 08:11 PM
Alexei you say... Since it sounds Russian here's a wild guess - Laxus' brother kept and trained by Ivan in secret from Makarov and Laxus! I think it's plausible.

Yeah that was one of my thoughts when masked knight guy showed up. Younger brother, younger half brother, Laxus clone, or bastard child of Gildarts that Ivan found. We don't know exactly when Ivan was thrown out of the guild, and anyone born when Laxus was ten would now be twenty courtesy of the time skip.

kidopitz27
June 02, 2012, 12:24 AM
it will be fun if that masked dude in raven tail is gildarts :P

SerpentTailedAngel
June 02, 2012, 01:28 AM
That would be a riot, but I don't think he has the right body type.

milek
June 02, 2012, 01:51 AM
it seems that guy is copping all their powers. at least without translation it looks like it

Ifrit
June 02, 2012, 02:03 AM
it will be fun if that masked dude in raven tail is gildarts :P

This is way far from being true.

I remember Gildartz guild guard said that he dislike Ivan, so I don't think its gonna happen. But I'm with the scenario of that armored mage being Laxus brother.

One raised by Makarov and the other raised by Ivan.

Murim
June 02, 2012, 02:59 AM
Did you guys noticed that Happy and Charlie are holding hands.... Serious love develeopment :)
And Raven Tail aren't the only cheaters ;)

lol at Sting's new standard "WTF" expression. I can't wait what gonna happend if he sees Laxus Power. Maybe a Enel like expression (http://www.mangareader.net/103-2386-16/one-piece/chapter-279.html)

Darjaille
June 02, 2012, 03:34 AM
Fairy Tail is on roll :amuse
With Fairy Glitter this powerful, she has established herself as one of the top FT members (she doesn't have anything on the real aces probably, but compare it to her old self with cards).

Laxus is interested in the Sabertooth member that uses lightning D: I thought the two of them will battle, but it seems it'll be Alexei. He seems like the leader of RT team, he's wearing the feather (?) scarf (you know what I mean?) that Laxus does (or used to), he has a Russian name... P: Yeah, either siblings or Alexei was adopted by Ivan, or something like that.
In any case, RT looks dangerous on the last page.

lucy heartfilia
June 02, 2012, 04:26 AM
Is it true ? Jura be humiliated by Kana? ha ha ha :teehee

Kurohitsugi
June 02, 2012, 04:44 AM
Grey did lose fair and square though. The raven guy picked on him but there was not any cheating involved.

We don't know that. I find it very suspicious that this spike-dude was continually and solely attacking Gray in that contest.

Also, some guys underestimate Sabertooth. Big time. They will end up being FT's main rivals in the tournament, in my opinion they look stronger than Raven Tail. Wait and see.

Ero-Sanji
June 02, 2012, 06:38 AM
This chapter was kind of nostalgic, reminded me of Dragonball z, not only for the OVER 9000 joke that someone awesomely pulled, but also for the MPF system which was also present in the DBZ universe. Other than that it was a good chapter, can't see how Cana will be fighting in the future, I mean all she has to do is the Fairy Glitter, hopefully it was just lent to her for that moment and nothing more. It was also nice to see Ivan getting some screen time and showing what he's meant to show, jealousy.

The Alexei theory is more or less spot on, the clothes, the background, the russian name. That guy has to be related to the Dreyer family in some way. I'm a little afraid that he's a clone of Laxus, but even more afraid that Laxus will lose because of a cheat.

R3D
June 02, 2012, 06:45 AM
Its over 9000 !!!!

Damn , one chapter makes me in awe , the next makes me laugh my ass off , sting face is like fairy tail were this strong ? The way cana released the fairy glitter was pretty cool , laxus finally going to fight next week woot

Now im waiting for FT chapters the most every week

Newkerzy
June 02, 2012, 06:56 AM
I think they've got something nasty planned for Laxus. I'm thinking that they might only be partially successful in whatever they're planning and that's because it's thanks to Gajeel. Here's hoping the Gajeel double spy plot thread comes up again.

BTW, chapter's out (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/24714326/1)

crimsonlink310
June 02, 2012, 06:57 AM
Fairy Tail is on roll :amuse
With Fairy Glitter this powerful, she has established herself as one of the top FT members (she doesn't have anything on the real aces probably, but compare it to her old self with cards).

Laxus is interested in the Sabertooth member that uses lightning D: I thought the two of them will battle, but it seems it'll be Alexei. He seems like the leader of RT team, he's wearing the feather (?) scarf (you know what I mean?) that Laxus does (or used to), he has a Russian name... P: Yeah, either siblings or Alexei was adopted by Ivan, or something like that.
In any case, RT looks dangerous on the last page.

Mavis said in the chapter that it was a one time thing. Maybe if FT is in danger again Mavis will lend the spell again.

I wish everyone got to use the MPF even though its not an accurate show of their power. Anyways Laxus vs Alexei sounds great to me. It seems like Ivan is still after Laxus's dragon lacrima. Maybe we will finally get some back story on Laxus and Ivan before the Tournament goes to crap thanks to that one dude whose name I keep forgetting. I really want to know what dragon lacrima does and how one obtains it.

Rouge and Sting apparently killed their dragon and maybe part of its body was used to make lacrima for their 3rd gen DS abilities?

bamf
June 02, 2012, 06:59 AM
I came here for the explicit purpose of saying WENDY AND CHARLE ARE HOLDING HANDS! :) ...but someone got to it already. Reinforcement is necessary.

I hope Cana gets to keep Fairy Glitter, since I've always found her a bit silly. Hopefully she'll get a match up against Mr Drunken Fist.

Other important parts of the chapter, none of which are as important as Wendy and Charle holding hands (or was that just the angle?):
Gildarts has a power level somewhere between 8000-9000
...meaning Cana is stonger than Daddy when she has Fairy Glitter
Sabertooth's strongest (by force) is Orga, who isn't that strong relatively speaking
Obra's magic is all-or-nothing, immensely strong or immensely weak
Rune Knights are pretty weak
Pumpkin-san is probably stronger than Hibiki and Milliana :p
And the translator should gloss "Kitten Blast" as "Kitten Cannon." It's cuter. :super

goldb
June 02, 2012, 07:10 AM
Really exciting and just fun chapter to read. Love how Obra just trolled us and landed a 4, though it was already mentioned by Alexei for him to hide his powers last chapter because the Magic Council were there watching(mentioned again this chapter). Some good humour between Cana and Hibiki, asking her to baby him :teehee and awesome foreshadowing of a Laxus vs Obra showdown only for the next chapter to be titled Laxus vs Alexei.
I hope Mashima let's the fight play out and not troll us, or at least find a constructive way to conclude the battle. Really loved the whole magic power finder part of the chapter, with Jura pawning and rightly proving his position as of the 10. Makarov's comments about Jura's strength being able to stand up to Gildarts makes me wonder, was Gildarts ever offered a position in the 10? I wouldn't be surprised if he was and just flatly turned it down with some lame excuse or just ran away and left a message for the master to give to the council( like he did to the Makarov when offered the position of guild master) :derp

Seeing Fairy Glitter again is great and the fact that Cana got some good screen time again. Also seems Erza is on Minerva's and Kagura's radar, a match up is bound to happen somewhere down the line :nod.

frozen18ice
June 02, 2012, 07:26 AM
what if alexis is laxus twin sister and not a guy, we dont know for use if he is a he or a she, but im guessing is that they are related, laxus was left to his grampa coz he did not have power and was implanted with magic but it did not show until later and alexies had power and his father wanted to utilized that power.

its cools that mavis mention how cana have a hidden power in her makes sense being mira's rival when they are young, fairytail got lost of s class mages its fun to see hibiki being flirtatious to cana to baby him was funny. what if the pumkin guy is the knight guys powers i hope that that mpf was not something that absorbs power,

looks like raven tail got a lot of stuff that they wanted to gain from fairytale that includes fairy glitter, but i feel like gildarts will show up for that or cana will fight to protect it with the supervision of mavis

bskbob
June 02, 2012, 07:42 AM
lol i knew it Hiro couldn't resist the DB reference :teehee. He suprised me with Cana i thought Jura do the honors here but the spotlight was taken from him one more time :-_- at least Cana had her 2 min of fame and didn't screw up^^

Shit finally going down now that RT making their move.

Ifrit
June 02, 2012, 07:59 AM
Just think with me for 1 minute:

Raven Tail Real Plan:

Is to take out the Lachryma inside Laxus body

http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v16/c128/21.html

Ivan just want more money to start a fight with Fairy Tail.

So if You're a Laxus fan you should get your self ready for a lost. It kinda has to be done to show Laxus that his father doesn't care about him, and to push him back to Makarov

Jorge D. Dragon
June 02, 2012, 08:00 AM
The chapter was funny.:) I liked the idea of mejuring magic power.:) It was great to see Sabertooth's guy.:) His Black lightning is really strong and Luxus really got interest in it. I believe he might try to challenge the guy at some point.:)
Jura became even more badass than he was before the timeskip.:) He just casually managed to inflict eneromous damage of more than 8 thousand points without a secret spell. I really liked the real effect from Fairy Glitter, but still I believe that it wasn't that good to show that with this spell even Cana can make more damage than one of 10 Waizard Saints...

So the next chapter we are going to see Luxus fighting Alexei. He can possibly be his brother. Their body shape and colour of hair are more or less the same... Hope it will turn out to be like this.:) Hope Luxus won't loose his lacrima.

P.S. To everyone - Alexei is a male name. It just can't be a female name. We have some names that are used for both male and female like Alexandr or Evgeniy, but not this name.

Uriel
June 02, 2012, 08:05 AM
...I love Mavis. I really do. She's amazing.

Does Mashima have an SBS or something like that? I would like to ask to him what number each Fairy Tail Mage would get excluding Fairy Glitter.

Actually...No. Remember vs Blue Note? She has more destructive power with Fairy Glitter, but it's easily counter for any capable mage.
It's like Uranometria: As powerful it is, it's useless in a real fight due it take too much time to conjure.

sarutobi_sensei
June 02, 2012, 08:10 AM
It's not useless in a real fight, the setup just needs to be done correctly, distracting the opponent, making him unable to move for some time like with a flash or something.

This just keeps getting better and better, FTA and B take the bigger points :D

Laxus would like to fight against Obra it seems. And now he's going to fight with Alexei? Why do I honestly think that the guy is a sort of clone of Laxus?

Natsu as always wants to fight Erza xD

Uriel
June 02, 2012, 08:13 AM
I know it's not useless and I'm sure Mashima can pull it off correctly. ...But capable mages knows how to stop any conjuration that last longer. And Kana doesn't have any power "in between" so to speak. She has weak spells and this one powerful spell that was lend.

Olho07
June 02, 2012, 08:38 AM
...I love Mavis. I really do. She's amazing.

I seconded that
I love how she's cute and rascal XD

exacta
June 02, 2012, 08:45 AM
I agree with the people who say Kana would be screwed in a fight still, unless theres some Tarot magic we haven't seen from her yet.

-Ken-
June 02, 2012, 08:45 AM
Makarov's face this page made this chapter epic for me.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/24714326/21

And, of course, the follow up score.

THM Nindo
June 02, 2012, 08:46 AM
I agree about Alexai being a sibling to Laxus.

I mean, everyone (except Laxus somehow) in this family has a russian name (Makarov, Ivan, Alexai), so that would make sense.
And the simple fact that they didn't show the face so far, means that it might be a surprise.

How surprising would that be if Alexai would actually be a girl?! :tem
Although, I checked and Alexai really can't be a russian girl name (it's either Alexa or Alexia).

----------------------------

And, like many suggested, I think Raven tail is after the Lacryimas.
They might start by taking the one from Laxus next week.

That would weaken Fairy Tail by greatly reducing their 2nd best mage power level.
And storywise, that would certainly help Laxus get some sympathy from his grandfather, to actually let him join FT again.

But, an important thing to consider is that Raven Tail might not stop there.
I think that they are planning on taking all the Lacrymas!

Meaning that, one they will be done with Laxus, they will want those from Sting and Rouge as well afterwards.
And that will bring Sabertooth closer to Fairy Tail.

I can totally see them joining force together in this arc at some point.
(I can see Gemma as the only one refusing such an alliance)

exacta
June 02, 2012, 08:46 AM
It's not useless in a real fight, the setup just needs to be done correctly, distracting the opponent, making him unable to move for some time like with a flash or something.

This just keeps getting better and better, FTA and B take the bigger points :D

Laxus would like to fight against Obra it seems. And now he's going to fight with Alexei? Why do I honestly think that the guy is a sort of clone of Laxus?

Imagine if that mask comes off next week and it's Laxus with a slightly different hairstyle XD. Maybe it's Edolas Laxus lol.

I've been waiting for Alexei to do something. If he's already fighting Laxus, that either means he's about to own Laxus, or get curbstomped in order to show Ivan that Laxus is worthy of his attention.

Rarhyx
June 02, 2012, 08:54 AM
Sting is sweating since last chapter, I like it :D

HaiSuShi
June 02, 2012, 09:34 AM
Is this Kinana on the right in the top left panel? (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/24714326/10) I haven't seen her in the manga after the timeskip, but she appeared in the anime looking like this...

For the chapter: AWESOME!

My reactions to the scores:

Orga-> Wow, not bad!
Jura-> :jawdrop
and Cana->:wtf

Highlights for me:

- Hibikis score
- Cana stealing the hat of the pumpkin
- IT'S OVER 9000!!
- Mavis being Mavis

And.... No, I don't want to say it...
DAT ASS!!

ThePhantomStriker
June 02, 2012, 10:12 AM
great chapter...natsu's and makarov's reaction always make me lol. Cant wait to see laxus in action.

Atobe the king
June 02, 2012, 10:17 AM
mangastream took a bit...i don't like posting until they do so missed the fun :<. Lol at all the Cana ass shits, that smirk Laxus had got me excited this should be good.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 02, 2012, 10:42 AM
Uriel
I absolutely agree that Kana will still loose the fight to any more or less serious mage. Even to Natsu, Grey and their level mages as to prepare this spell she needs time, while most of the mages won't permit her this and might even take her down with any quick spell as she is pretty weak herself.:) At least in tanking.:)

THM Nindo

Never heard of a russian name Alexia. Maybe other slavic nations use this as a girl name or maybe it's also possible that some latin languages speaking countries use it also as there is a male name Alexis (as another vertion of Alexei) in Spain. Speaking about Alexa or Aleksa... well, it doesn't derive from Alexei, but derives from Alexander. They are two different male ancient Greek names.:)
Also... Makarov isn't a name.:) It's surname. At least in Russia.:) In FT it's a name, but still.;)

SerpentTailedAngel
June 02, 2012, 11:23 AM
Theory: Raven Tail's main objective is to get that slayer lacryma back that they left in Laxus. Beating down Fairy Tail is just a bonus.

Additional theory: If Raven Tail gets outed right at the end of the tournament and on of Sabertooth's dragons is beat badly enough, they may get their lacryma stolen as well for good measure. Raven's already recognized as a group of baddies then so why not?

NAM61
June 02, 2012, 11:40 AM
raven tail will probably try and take dragon lacryma from laxus for a reason but i think there will be a twist and laxus accidentally gave to natsu and that is why he is able to use lightning. maybe not true but i would mess up raven tails plan.

milek
June 02, 2012, 12:11 PM
raven tail will probably try and take dragon lacryma from laxus for a reason but i think there will be a twist and laxus accidentally gave to natsu and that is why he is able to use lightning. maybe not true but i would mess up raven tails plan.

very smart answer. you are probably right why natsu can use lighting mode.

Heriko
June 02, 2012, 12:48 PM
The chapter was really good.
Cana doing Fairy Glitter =)
"being a match" does not mean, that they are equal, i still think gildarts is stronger than Jura, but he does have a hard time dealing with him.

Sabertooth's strongest (by force) is Orga, who isn't that strong relatively speaking
for what reason? the others haven't shown their true powers yet.

Actually...No. Remember vs Blue Note? She has more destructive power with Fairy Glitter, but it's easily counter for any capable mage.
I agree with Uriel. One single, but powerful spell does not make someone strong. In addition, i think, Gildarts (maybe) could have crashed the MPF (with maybe 9k +) or simply disassemblied (with low magicpower outcome) but ofc, you don't know, maybe the MPF is constructed, that it cannot be disassemblied.

Exactly my thought :D

kkck
June 02, 2012, 01:31 PM
Well, if they want the lachrima for money, wouldn't it make more sense for them to just plant o win this thing? I mean, there is a rather generous prize for the winning guild. Going for the lachrima would only make sense if it is a decent bit mor valuable than the prize money based on what we have seen.

On that note, some time ago I theorized that if raven does get the lachrima from laxus he would be able to recover his powers by absorbing the thunder dragon slayer abilities which natsu currently has. I don't really see natsu keeping the thunder DS abilities in the long run.

Murim
June 02, 2012, 02:09 PM
sry for this stupid comment but it looks like orga is jerking off (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/285/17)

to add something meaningfull, if RT tries to steal Laxus 's lacrima during a game, i think, Makarov wouldn't just sit and watch but interrupt despite breaking the tournament rules. He would go totally on rampage. So RT has to steal it between the games.

noobkiller
June 02, 2012, 02:25 PM
KANA + FAIRY GLITTER = IT'S WAY OVER 9000!!!

REN KOUEN
June 02, 2012, 03:29 PM
Cana would be the man in the relationship with that sissy from blue pegasus

Cant wait to see laxus

LoS
June 02, 2012, 03:34 PM
Also, some guys underestimate Sabertooth. Big time. They will end up being FT's main rivals in the tournament, in my opinion they look stronger than Raven Tail. Wait and see.

Raven Tail isn't even there to win the tournament, they have something else in mind. So yeah pretty obvious Raven Tail won't be the rivals as far as "winning" the tournament is concerned.

Also, all these theories about RT there to steal back the Lachryma from Luxus I find pretty petty. Seriously, why go through so much effort and all the charades just to get something that has high street value in money? It's pretty silly to me and not in the least bit interesting. I really hope it is something else, but all indications point towards them being there for that specific reason.

ocajavati
June 02, 2012, 03:38 PM
Aw... I have a bad feeling about this.

Better not have Laxus lose to Alexei, then have Natsu beat him down just to screw with us.

:-_-

Kauia
June 02, 2012, 04:36 PM
Anyone else thinks the audience could be held captive, rendering the hosts useless or would next chapter just be silent about RT's ploy? it may come out on the next day where the whole tournament blows a mess. Whatever it is, the matches are planned so as to make things go RT's way. Maybe there might be some alliance between the guilds for this. During the mess Yukino and Lucy will be taken.

I hope Mashima won't troll and make Laxus lose because of RT. I want to see him go with a bang!

Sollum
June 02, 2012, 04:39 PM
Somehow i think that Alexei is son of Ivan :( Both are Slavian names.

They are interested in Laxus and Ivan was happy to see Fairy Glitter.
I think the plan is to use Obra to "steal" Fairy Magic since "his magic cannot be shown in front of people".

Mavis is so adorable <3

zerocooldx
June 02, 2012, 05:01 PM
Other important parts of the chapter, none of which are as important as Wendy and Charle holding hands (or was that just the angle?):

With Cana as soon as she uses her strongest Fairy Glitter ability, Ie. the one she used against Bluenote and in this chapter, her Fairy Glitter tattoo and its power disappears. So in terms of a single attack Cana was able to go beyond 9000, but thats just a one shot thing. When talking about overall magical power she is definitely below a lot of people simply because they can put out a much more constant amount of high magical power. Cana's Fairy Glitter is basically a nuke that she puts out once before shes all out of Fairy Glitter apparently. If anything this chapter showcased how strong Bluenote and Gildarts really were/are. Bluenote canceled out the same ability Cana used in this chapter, and Gildarts was able to beat Bluenote. So what Cana did this chapter is very misleading in terms of how strong she is.

exacta
June 02, 2012, 05:03 PM
With Cana as soon as she uses her strongest Fairy Glitter ability, Ie. the one she used against Bluenote and in this chapter, her Fairy Glitter tattoo and its power disappears. So in terms of a single attack Cana was able to go beyond 9000, but thats just a one shot thing. When talking about overall magical power she is definitely below a lot of people simply because they can put out a much more constant amount of high magical power. Cana's Fairy Glitter is basically a nuke that she puts out once before shes all out of Fairy Glitter apparently. If anything this chapter showcased how strong Bluenote and Gildarts really were/are. Bluenote canceled out the same ability Cana used in this chapter, and Gildarts was able to beat Bluenote. So what Cana did this chapter is very misleading in terms of how strong she is.

Yeah when I read the chapter, I was thinking that this shows how powerful Fairy Glitter itself is, not Cana at all. The rest of Cana's magic seems mediocre at best, and there is NO WAY she can take Jura or Orga. Plus, the MPF is a stationary target. A mage isn't just going to sit there while Cana charges her spell.

REN KOUEN
June 02, 2012, 06:05 PM
Raven Tail isn't even there to win the tournament, they have something else in mind. So yeah pretty obvious Raven Tail won't be the rivals as far as "winning" the tournament is concerned.

Also, all these theories about RT there to steal back the Lachryma from Luxus I find pretty petty. Seriously, why go through so much effort and all the charades just to get something that has high street value in money? It's pretty silly to me and not in the least bit interesting. I really hope it is something else, but all indications point towards

them being there for that specific reason.

Obra will interfere again im sure of it

Laxus will probably get jewed by obras magic like lucy did

SerpentTailedAngel
June 02, 2012, 06:08 PM
I just noticed, Mavis implied that Cana's secretly got the potential to be as much of a beast as Gildartz is, or at least way better.

Also, this went ignored before so I'm going to make it obnoxiously obvious IF RAVEN TAIL IS AFTER THE SLAYER LACRYMA THEN ROGUE AND STING COULD ALSO BE AT RISK!

dragons4life
June 02, 2012, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE]Sting is afraid of Natsu's power

Sting isn't afraid of Natsu's power! At the end of chapter 283 you can see him smiling, shaking, blushing and laughing in exitement. Sting is going mad with power (he thinks that other people are weaker than him and when he sees people who are worthy of power he goes and proves to them that he is the strongest mage) even in pandemonium Sting thought to himself after Orga went out "Do whatever you want. If Natsu Dragneel isn't coming out, I don't care"

BTW Sting suprised face is priceless XD

MechR
This plan seems like too much trouble just for DS lachryma; it would've been easier to ambush Luxus while he was away from the guild. And they can't easily get Sting/Rogue's lachryma the same way, because once they jump Luxus they lose the element of surprise. (Speaking of which, that's the other drawback of performing in public: They reveal their powers to everyone. Whatever they're planning, it'd have to be worth alot for them to show off like this.)

Well, if they want the lachrima for money, wouldn't it make more sense for them to just plant o win this thing? I mean, there is a rather generous prize for the winning guild. Going for the lachrima would only make sense if it is a decent bit mor valuable than the prize money based on what we have seen.
Also a good point. The judges might not like them looting lachryma from contestants, so I don't know if they can go for both.

On that note, some time ago I theorized that if raven does get the lachrima from laxus he would be able to recover his powers by absorbing the thunder dragon slayer abilities which natsu currently has. I don't really see natsu keeping the thunder DS abilities in the long run.
Also a plausible idea.

hoeru
So what Cana did this chapter is very misleading in terms of how strong she is.

Though I totally agree to the rest of your post, I don't on this last sentence. Not if you read the chapter thorougly. Mavis said it right away that she lent Glitter to Kana only this one time again in order to win this round.

So this isn't Kana's real strength. In combination with her words, I'd even say that she attacked with the whole power of the guild using a catalyst so to say. ^_^

What I can't figure out: Was she injured on Tenrou through using Glitter or because Bluenote pushed the attack below the ground where it went off? If she was injured by using Glitter, Kana actually got stronger for real as she now can bare the side effect.

Uriel
June 02, 2012, 06:31 PM
I agree with Uriel. One single, but powerful spell does not make someone strong. In addition, i think, Gildarts (maybe) could have crashed the MPF (with maybe 9k +) or simply disassemblied (with low magicpower outcome) but ofc, you don't know, maybe the MPF is constructed, that it cannot be disassemblied.

Exactly. Although I don't know if Gildarts would be able to destroy the MPF. I mean...Jura is a powerful guy. He's not someone to take lightly. And either Jellal and Gildarts are on the same level.

Yeah when I read the chapter, I was thinking that this shows how powerful Fairy Glitter itself is, not Cana at all. The rest of Cana's magic seems mediocre at best, and there is NO WAY she can take Jura or Orga. Plus, the MPF is a stationary target. A mage isn't just going to sit there while Cana charges her spell.
Exactly. It shows that Fairy Law and Fairy Glitter are epic (I've my doubts about Fairy Sphere, to be honest) and makes me wonder about the true nature of those spells. Fairy Tail has them...Why? Mavis developed them? For what reason? That conjuring isn't a bit related to Stellar Magic somehow? Aren't them similar?
Cana this chapter was just the character to starts these questions, but She herself is not interesting. I also think Her magic is...mediocre.

BTW, it's funny that She uses cards as magic. I remember reading that Mashima initially planned for Lucy to summon trough cards but discarded the idea for being too cliché...And He gave it to Cana. What that says about her? :P

sry for this stupid comment but it looks like orga is jerking off (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/285/17)
LOL. You made my day.

I just noticed, Mavis implied that Cana's secretly got the potential to be as much of a beast as Gildartz is, or at least way better.
How you deduce that after a line of "high magical power"? The same or more than Gildarts? You're high.

THM Nindo
June 02, 2012, 06:32 PM

Also, this went ignored before so I'm going to make it obnoxiously obvious IF RAVEN TAIL IS AFTER THE SLAYER LACRYMA THEN ROGUE AND STING COULD ALSO BE AT RISK!

Yeah, I said it too earlier, but no one replied to my post.

I think this is really important, as this could lead to a potential alliance between Fairy Tail and Sabertooth.

LoS
June 02, 2012, 06:35 PM
stupid plot point is stupid, why the need to even go after the Lacryma? It's just boring

Kauia
June 02, 2012, 07:00 PM
Lacrima couldn't possibly be what they want, Plus wasn't it mentioned in the chapter before that he can't do anything suspicious since there are council members there. There must be some other objective they have? Something about Fairy Tail's existence itself that must be earth shattering. Mavis is there so if anything happens that Makarov doesn't know or yet to reveal... When Mavis sensed the maliciousness of RT although it was dangerous Mavis has faith fairy Tail would pull through

Here's an idea: Wouldn't it be interesting if Doranbolt actually helps out with the arc being the guilt he felt for not doing anything to help Fairy Tail at the incident seven years ago.

If RT does something, it might not yet have an effect. It won't be so obvious but its there. Like planting seeds for the future. If something is shown, it will be at the end of the chapter for next week's release.

Impossibility
June 02, 2012, 07:16 PM
Jura decides to be a beast, and remind everyone that he's a Saint for a reason. Mavis re-establishes the fact that she is just way too awesome, I'm pretty sure she's willing to do almost anything to see FT win the games. Pumpkin drew my attention with his comment and reaction, it leads me to believe that there is a bit more than a weird host to him. Can't wait to see Luxus in action, still not particularly interested in RT yet.

REN KOUEN
June 02, 2012, 07:17 PM
Either way regardless of what they are after, nothing would be better than laxus mopping the floor with that chump and then staring his dad down
With a "you want some of this" look

THM Nindo
June 02, 2012, 08:08 PM
Either way regardless of what they are after, nothing would be better than laxus mopping the floor with that chump and then staring his dad down
With a "you want some of this" look

I think I'll never be able to read this without thinking of Steve, Jon Lajoie's "friend" in some of his video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bD6LfnOd6U

Although, I think Laxus would look probably a bit more bad-ass then Steve if he would say it to Ivan. :tem

zerocooldx
June 02, 2012, 08:10 PM

I sort of agree, but I don't think it really showcased how powerful Fairy Glitter is because even though Cana can use Fairy Glitter, as Bluenote stated even the best magic in the hands of a novice is still going to be short of nothing against a powerful opponent. This is one of the three great Fairy Tail magics that is the "end of be all" magic of Fairy Tail, so much so that even someone as strong as Bluenote was after it. So with Cana Fairy Glitter is basically just a strong one shot ability, but an ability that even with that one shot still isn't even close to what it is capable of being in the rights hands.

Though I totally agree to the rest of your post, I don't on this last sentence. Not if you read the chapter thorougly. Mavis said it right away that she lent Glitter to Kana only this one time again in order to win this round.

So this isn't Kana's real strength. In combination with her words, I'd even say that she attacked with the whole power of the guild using a catalyst so to say. ^_^

What I can't figure out: Was she injured on Tenrou through using Glitter or because Bluenote pushed the attack below the ground where it went off? If she was injured by using Glitter, Kana actually got stronger for real as she now can bare the side effect.

Well even though that wasn't Cana's real strength, that isn't saying all that much really. Mainly because her none-Fairy Glitter magic at best is very suspect. She hasn't shown to possess an type of other power that would make her stand out. Also from what i understand Bluenote was able to break/cancel Cana's Fairy Glitter attack by using his Gravity magic and crushing it into the ground. So basically he overpowered it, and hence the reason he stated that in her hands Fairy Glitter is essentially nothing for him to deal with. Either way after she uses that ability she used against Bluenote and in this chapter her Fairy Glitter magic is gone.

Heriko
June 02, 2012, 08:10 PM
i really hope that laxus won't lose. And Raven Tails true goal aren't lacrymas.
and i hope (but will never happen) laxus to pull obra in the ring and physically humiliate him, after he nullified one of laxus spells.
That would be awesome :D For the sake of Fairy Tail, but also as revange for Lucy's loss.

it would be nice to know, what power
- Urano Metria (Lucy)
- Grand Chariot (Jellal)
- Star Destruction (Jellal)
and
- Crush Magic (Gildarts) ; not really a single spell, but... yeah, wayne :D
each have.

Maybe we will never know,
anyway, my guesses are:
- Urano Metria: ~5000-6000
- Grand Chariot: ~5000
- Star Destruction: ~9000+
- Crush Magic: ~8000+

SerpentTailedAngel
June 02, 2012, 08:48 PM
How you deduce that after a line of "high magical power"? The same or more than Gildarts? You're high.

"Or at least way better"

JunKisaragi
June 02, 2012, 08:57 PM
My predictions for this chapter were all wrong. Haha! Guess I need to have more faith in Erza.

Maybe there's more to Cana than meets the eye. I mean, Mavis said so herself that Cana's latent magic power was high to begin with. I think what Cana needs is a push to awaken that power of hers.

With the name origins given, I do think Alexei has something to do with Laxus.

I have a question though, how is it that Raven Tail knows the matchups? Are they in on that knights plan? or could it be that they themselves are being used by that knight?

THM Nindo
June 02, 2012, 09:21 PM
My predictions for this chapter were all wrong. Haha! Guess I need to have more faith in Erza.

Maybe there's more to Cana than meets the eye. I mean, Mavis said so herself that Cana's latent magic power was high to begin with. I think what Cana needs is a push to awaken that power of hers.

With the name origins given, I do think Alexei has something to do with Laxus.

I have a question though, how is it that Raven Tail knows the matchups? Are they in on that knights plan? or could it be that they themselves are being used by that knight?

Yeah, I thought about that as well.
I think they might be working with Arcadius (sp?) and that the plan that they were talking about might be the same plan that Arcadius is planning.

Basically, the bad guys for this arc are about to make their moves :tem

SerpentTailedAngel
June 02, 2012, 09:22 PM
They've been underhanded so far. They probably paid somebody who's helping organize to give them the info. It doesn't make a difference anyway. The most they could do is make sure no one who's going to fight is in the first event, and they got the list once the event ended.

Krono
June 02, 2012, 10:28 PM
Yeah, they're unlikely to be in on Arcadios's plan. Remember, Arcadios's goons tried to kidnap Lucy, and when they failed, they blamed Raven Tail:

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/278/26
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/278/27

Actually, when re-reading it seems as though the kidnappers might have been random thugs and Arcadios's minions posed as Raven Tail when they made the request.

Either way, Arcadios has no qualms about using the discord between Raven Tail and Fairy Tail for his own ends, and doesn't give any thought to the possibility of Raven Tail being unhappy with him framing them, which would be odd if they were his ally. So Raven Tail likely has their own agenda, which may or may not involve Arcadios's agenda, and is likely engaging in some spying and/or bribery of their own to get information and Arcadios may or may not be aware of that.

-Ken-
June 02, 2012, 11:03 PM
Is Cana pretty much have to borrow Fairy Glitter each time? Its mark disappear, right?

Xguard
June 03, 2012, 12:55 AM
I thought their target is not Fairy Tail player.
This plan was prepared many years ago, right? That mean they did't know it before that this year fairy tale will take part.
This match up will be the plan to do something that they prepared. So this match up should not have something to go with Laxus.

I don't know what kind of fighting in next chapter but I kinda sure that this time Laxus and Wendy will take part^^

Marche
June 03, 2012, 05:07 AM
Now I will explain what I believe will happened in the next fight:Anyways for the fight I don’t think that Luxus will lose against Alexei.
Because this would be too much make the stronger mages of the two team (perhaps he is only behind Gerard) lose now, after that Fairy Tail show to the audience their real strength.
For this I believe that or the match will end in a draw, with Luxus that will attack while Alexei will only defend (Alexei is a greek name of defence), he will not attack.
But there is even the possibility that Luxus will win, because Alexei will decide to lose purposely, just as Obra did.
If this will happened I would really like if Luxus will feel it, that he will understand that Alexei has lost purposely.

Now I will write what I believe is Raven Tail true goal:
I really don’t know what believe about the last page.
Naruduping gives to Alexei (at least we know the name of the leader of Raven Tail) a little piece of paper which contains the battles of this 3rd day.
Counting that none of the others team have received it, by what at the end Alexei says “Shall we begin? For the sake of our real objective” and even from the comment test on the last page I believe that Raven Tail goal in the same than Arcadias, that they are working together.
This could explain why Flare is so obsessed with Lucy.

But there is contradiction about this, it is the fact that Arcadias make seem that Raven Tail attempted to kidnap Lucy.
But perhaps Arcadias want to betray Raven Tail, and perhaps even his otherd allies within of the governments, he wanted to achieve the goal alone, in a similar way as Urtear betrayed Hades, because she wanted Zereff for her (and Meldy) alone.
If this is the case, perhaps after knowing Arcadias betrayal Raven Tail could decide to punish him, helping so Fairy Tail, or otherwise complete the plan alone, they will kill Arcadias.

But there is another possibility, even if in the truth I don’t believe it.
That possibility is that Mashima tries to deceive us, he could make us believe that Raven Tail works with Arcadias, but then after some chapters we will know than that is not true.
In a similar way as he wanted to make us believe that Urtear was in the truth an ally of Fairy Tail against Hades.
Anyways even if several chapters ago Ivan said that he wanted the lacrima of Luxus, I don’t think this is their real goal.
In fact he could take Luxus lacrima when Luxus was exiled.
And even if I really hope that this will happened because I want to see Gildzarts reaction, I don’t think that he will try to kidnap Cana for take Fairy Glitter, even because I believe that he already know that spell.

matzik1212
June 03, 2012, 08:30 AM
Good chapter .

God i loled at Mavis expression when she said to Makarov she lent the Fairy Glitter to Cana in order to win . She's a little devil :XD
Overall the chapter was nice , we had many funny parts and we got to see a more relaxing way of showing everyone's strength . But i have to say i didn't think Cana would have the Fairy Glitter . Only thanks to that she won , otherwise this test MPF would have been a disadvantage for her .

Well but even though that wasn't fair i'm glad it turned out like this :nod After all those RT bastards also cheated and did that to Lucy while she was about to beat that freak so good job there :thumbs

I'm kinda worried though about RT . I wonder what is their goal :oh

Newkerzy
June 03, 2012, 08:45 AM
Regarding Cana, I'm actually believing in Mavis' words about her talent. And as JunKisaragi said, I think she does have the great potential to be an even stronger mage that is at least on par with either Gray or Natsu. She just needs the right trigger to unlock her hidden potential. And note that these are Mavis' words we're talking about here. She has to know talent when she sees it. If she thinks Cana has the right talent for Fairy Glitter, then by all means.

I'm getting the feeling Mavis might train Cana to unlock more of her potential. Either that, or she'll be fodder for the rest of the series.

ajith_sakthi
June 03, 2012, 09:11 AM
It was a bit cheap trick to make Cana use Fairy Glitter to make Fairy Tail B win, so that they could come near to Fairy Tail A in points.

THM Nindo
June 03, 2012, 09:30 AM
I thought their target is not Fairy Tail player.
This plan was prepared many years ago, right? That mean they did't know it before that this year fairy tale will take part.
This match up will be the plan to do something that they prepared. So this match up should not have something to go with Laxus.

I don't know what kind of fighting in next chapter but I kinda sure that this time Laxus and Wendy will take part^^

That's true for Arcadius' plan, but we don't know if Raven Tail share the same goal.

They have known that Fairy Tail was back for a while now...
It went fast for the main guys because they were in the spirit world, but the news has been spread for months.

So, it's not impossible that they joined the competition to target Fairy Tail...

Hakufu
June 03, 2012, 09:50 AM
heres my predictions

raven tail becomes a dark guild
that knight guy is trying to summon zeref but all he will get is acnologia
fairy tail becomes number 1

Dracula
June 03, 2012, 10:05 AM
Alexei is a female? Look at Alexei's body build, it is more than of a man. Plus Alexei is really a male name and it means "Man's defender or Warrior"

If it's a girl then it would be "Alexai"

THM Nindo
June 03, 2012, 10:51 AM
Alexei is a female? Look at Alexei's body build, it is more than of a man. Plus Alexei is really a male name and it means "Man's defender or Warrior"

If it's a girl then it would be "Alexai"

No one said that Alexei was a female.
We simply said that it would be an interesting twist.

And the argument of the spelling of the name from Alexei to Alexai is moot.
Since it's translated from the japanese Arukusai, it could be either one.

lawlett-kun
June 03, 2012, 02:15 PM
It's not a girl,it's a wolf guy that seen when rt guys were first introduced

shuha27
June 03, 2012, 02:56 PM
It's not a girl,it's a wolf guy that seen when rt guys were first introduced

Are you talking about this wolf?
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c263/4.html

I'm pretty sure the wolf was Flare's hair
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c271/11.html

In the recent chapter Nullpuding called the masked dude Alexei
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c285/25.html

Tygulopk
June 03, 2012, 04:57 PM
Wait...why did Cana even compete if the MPF was only introduced to rank the other 7 teams?

THM Nindo
June 03, 2012, 05:43 PM
Wait...why did Cana even compete if the MPF was only introduced to rank the other 7 teams?

What do you mean?
Cana is in Team B, Erza is in Team A.

Even if they are both in Fairy Tail, they are in competition.

zerocooldx
June 03, 2012, 06:09 PM
stupid plot point is stupid, why the need to even go after the Lacryma? It's just boring

If Raven Tail is after the Dragon Slayer Lacrima then they've got three different ones to potentially go after. The text at the end of the chapter made is unclear if Raven Tail was specifically just after Fairy Tail, or if they were after other guilds as well.

Ifrit
June 03, 2012, 11:19 PM
If Raven Tail is after the Dragon Slayer Lacrima then they've got three different ones to potentially go after. The text at the end of the chapter made is unclear if Raven Tail was specifically just after Fairy Tail, or if they were after other guilds as well.

It could be for the lachryma. If the tournament prize is 30 million jewels. The lachryma might worth much more like 100+ Million Jewels or something like that.

I still hope Mashima won't repeat Laxus story again. Always build up for his appearance or something he's gonna do. Then Laxus take a fall {-_-}. Perhaps they will try to take the Lachrym, but they gonna find that Laxus actually gave it to Natsu, which will be excellent way to explain why Natsu can use lightning now. ( Like some1 mentioned here )

Also prove to Ivan that his son is not strong because of the Lachryma, and finally it will be just Epic if he kicked Alexei ass in front of everyone in his guild.

-Ken-
June 04, 2012, 12:36 AM
I hope Laxus win. Have he even won against anyone yet? Mystogan got interrupted. Erza was distracted. I guess he won against Natsu...

ultrazai
June 04, 2012, 04:23 AM
I really hope the tournament does not come to a premature end.
The thing is that I don't think we will see a real dragonslayer fight in this tournament only in the main-plot concerning Charles vision afterwards they wioll fight.

I am still convinced that Natsu and the other Dragonslayers are the Dragons and their memories of living with the Dragons are just fabrications to hide the fact to themselves.
I think both Dragonslayers of sabertooth will join FT eventually.

Uriel
June 04, 2012, 04:32 AM
The fact that everyone can join the guild doesn't mean that everyone will do.

Doranbolt is the one I'm wondering when He will join the guild, though.

lawlett-kun
June 04, 2012, 04:35 AM
@shuha27- I think it's a wolf for several reasons:
First of all flares hair wolf and the wolf when they got introduced are diff colors and facial expressions are different I don't think mashima would make such a mistake. My prediction about alexei is that the guy Is a werewolf ofsomesorts . Maybe like Ivan transplanted werewolf lacryma into the guy . Would be interesting since we haven't encountered werewolves in the series yet, but would explain the grey wolf guy when rt is introduced. I give 100% though the wolf is not flares hair.

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

I really hope the tournament does not come to a premature end.
The thing is that I don't think we will see a real dragonslayer fight in this tournament only in the main-plot concerning Charles vision afterwards they wioll fight.

I am still convinced that Natsu and the other Dragonslayers are the Dragons and their memories of living with the Dragons are just fabrications to hide the fact to themselves.
I think both Dragonslayers of sabertooth will join FT eventually.
How about the fact that grenadine talked to igneel ? Was after natsu fought gajeel

Ifrit
June 04, 2012, 07:56 AM
How about the fact that grenadine talked to igneel ? Was after natsu fought gajeel

True. I don't think they are the same. Igneel, Grandine, and Metalicana do exist, and just like you said they did appear, but it was after Tower of Heavens Arc, when Natsu defeated Jellal.

lawlett-kun
June 04, 2012, 09:37 AM
True. I don't think they are the same. Igneel, Grandine, and Metalicana do exist, and just like you said they did appear, but it was after Tower of Heavens Arc, when Natsu defeated Jellal.

Yeah thanks for correction didn't remember when that happened exactly but do remember it was after natsu x gajeel fight and before oration seis arc.
I kinda hope lax us vs alexei fight won't just end in 1 chapter want to see some epicness from laxus

Airgrimes
June 04, 2012, 04:18 PM
I guess he won against Natsu...
Not really even then lol.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

One of the Coolest Pages. I swear Fairy Tail is one of the few mangas that has Female Characters retain their amount of awesomeness right through the entire series.
I swear I cannot wait to see either of the 3 square off against one another. Not to mention we have Mirajane and quite a few other powerful females we have seen.
http://i999.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/285/fairy-tail-3344313.jpg

THM Nindo
June 04, 2012, 07:31 PM
The fact that everyone can join the guild doesn't mean that everyone will do.

Doranbolt is the one I'm wondering when He will join the guild, though.

I don't know...
I like that Doranbolt is an ally that is not part of the guild.

He can be really useful with his current position.

Uriel
June 04, 2012, 07:42 PM
Reason why He should join. Currently, He's TOO useful and I like FT being under-helped :P

Kauia
June 04, 2012, 07:54 PM
Reason why He should join. Currently, He's TOO useful and I like FT being under-helped :P

Realistically, I don't think he's fairy tail material. He's way too serious to me. I'd rather have him helping Fairy tail from the shadows. At least, if he's on the council, won't ft have more people to support them in times of its craziness.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 04, 2012, 08:55 PM
Yeah thanks for correction didn't remember when that happened exactly but do remember it was after natsu x gajeel fight and before oration seis arc.
I kinda hope lax us vs alexei fight won't just end in 1 chapter want to see some epicness from laxus

I hope it will. A fight doesn't have to last multiple chapters to be awesome and, in fact, gets more tedious the longer it goes on. For a single round of a tournament where no one's really gotten a huge fight so far (aside from maybe Lucy) it would seem odd for Laxus, who's a supporting character anyway, to get a big fight unless the plot suddenly shifts to focus on him. Since we've been seeing so much of Sting and Rogue, that doesn't seem likely. It feels like Mashima's been building up something for them, and if the tournament gets derailed to focus on Laxus then the buildup was for nothing.

REN KOUEN
June 04, 2012, 09:11 PM
Im ready for a new arc, the grand magic games are cool and all but it just seems like lazy plot work to initiate some good action
Im hungry for something else like a battle with that acknologia dragon or something

masubiladin
June 04, 2012, 11:52 PM
I hope Cana doesnot get stronger. She did not go through with any harsh battle nor any training, she just got lucky. Thats irritate me.

llamapie
June 05, 2012, 08:24 AM
Im ready for a new arc, the grand magic games are cool and all but it just seems like lazy plot work to initiate some good action
Im hungry for something else like a battle with that acknologia dragon or something

It's clearly leading into something considering the games are a farce to gather magical power and the douche bad guy is trying to summon Zeref, as usual.

So yes I think it will come to a head where its between saber tooth and fairy tail and then shit will hit the fan and perhaps the sabertooth DS' will join with FT's and it will be sooooooo amazing.

THM Nindo
June 05, 2012, 08:48 AM
Just had a thought...
Did Lucy used her power since she lost them during her fight against Flare?

I mean... maybe she can't even use them anymore.
Maybe the guy that "stole" her power, actually stole them for real.

That would be a big twist considering that Arcadius is planning on using her powers to open the door!

Krono
June 05, 2012, 09:41 AM
Just had a thought...

That would be a big twist considering that Arcadius is planning on using her powers to open the door!

If he stole them for real, it would have been remarked upon by now.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

I hope Cana doesnot get stronger. She did not go through with any harsh battle nor any training, she just got lucky. Thats irritate me.

Umm, three months training with Mirajane, Elfman, and Lisanna, remember?

kkck
June 05, 2012, 11:35 AM
Just had a thought...

I don't think it was ever said he stole anything though. If I recall it was only said he made her magic vanish.

Rarhyx
June 05, 2012, 04:46 PM
I have a theory why Ivan can't get laxus dragon lacryma (besides giving it to natsu)
maybe dragon lacryma literally "fuses" after some time, with the body and can't be taken out.
Or mavis spell from tenrou island has something to do with it (freezing time).
just some thoughts.

NAM61
June 05, 2012, 05:58 PM
Just had a thought...

he did not steal them i think didnt he just lowered her magic down to zero

kidopitz27
June 05, 2012, 09:10 PM
they are comparing Gildarts to Jura but in a sense Gildarts can break MPF by just walking straight(crush magic) to it :)

Ifrit
June 05, 2012, 11:48 PM
they are comparing Gildarts to Jura but in a sense Gildarts can break MPF by just walking straight(crush magic) to it :)

To be honest I did not like this comparison from Makarov. I mean Gildartz use Crash Magic..and Jura use Rock Magic....not matter what skill Jura uses Gildartz will simply counter it.

But how his defense will last against Gildartz magic..I doubt his Rock Wall, or Rock Mountain will stop Gildartz Magic since he can simply turn them into bits.

mup
June 06, 2012, 12:35 AM
man i just hope natsu get respect from macrov and the other fairy members when he fight it just not right when his past is a mystery and he has a connection with zerff i think mavis know more than she is telling about why she is there let her shed some light on the dragon slayers and natsu

thousandIN1
June 06, 2012, 04:46 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if flare was related to alexie. and alexie was a female.
as for the match, imo alexie will dispose of laxus after a hard tough battle. and i do think it'll be fair and square, seeing as how the lahar is there. i still think alexie's face won't be revealed.
battle predictions
FTa Wendy vs LS Shelia
MH Milliana vs QP Seames
ST Minerva vs BP Ichaiya

Dracula
June 06, 2012, 08:17 PM
Speaking of Wendy, I'm looking forward to her new Dragon Slaying techniques <3

crimsonlink310
June 06, 2012, 09:42 PM
RT has way too many points to get another 10 points with a win over Laxus. FT A and B have 22 and 20 respectively after the end of the last chapter while RT is stuck at 36.

RT would have 46 points vs FT B's 20 points and FT A's 22 points. Sure there is about 40 points left over the fights and events the last 2 days but I don't see Laxus losing. Especially after Jellal lost the match for FT B already.

thousandIN1
June 06, 2012, 10:46 PM
RT has way too many points to get another 10 points with a win over Laxus. FT A and B have 22 and 20 respectively after the end of the last chapter while RT is stuck at 36.

RT would have 46 points vs FT B's 20 points and FT A's 22 points. Sure there is about 40 points left over the fights and events the last 2 days but I don't see Laxus losing. Especially after Jellal lost the match for FT B already.

what if the double battle day(4th day i think) is double points, then any team could potentially catch up, right?? i'd imagine that RT might also just lose on purpose or MAYBE their goal truly is to humilate FT by just winning and showing them that it's all about Raven Tail IMO.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 06, 2012, 11:01 PM
That's sort of what they've been doing up until now, so if that were the case there's no reason to declare that they're starting on their real plan.

thousandIN1
June 06, 2012, 11:08 PM
i forgot about that :imslow
but then again you never know what mashima is thinking
i honestly can't think of what their goal is??

only thing i can think of is maybe steal the 3 fairy magics
i really wanna see Raven Tail vs Sabertooth

crimsonlink310
June 06, 2012, 11:25 PM
BTW I wouldn't expect much from Natsu vs Sting or Rouge based on a few panels.

Natsu's weak Lightning Fire Dragon Roar (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c259/8.html) vs Sting's ? Dragon Roar (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c258/19.html)

masubiladin
June 07, 2012, 12:19 AM

Natsu's weak Lightning Fire Dragon Roar vs Sting's ? Dragon Roar
I am sensing some sarcasm.
My prediction for the next chapter is:
Test: The most powered up character using any magic from guild member.
Natsu's Golden, Lighting Fire Dragon Roar

thousandIN1
June 07, 2012, 03:49 AM

Natsu's weak Lightning Fire Dragon Roar (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c259/8.html) vs Sting's ? Dragon Roar (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c258/19.html)

oh looking at sting's dragon roar again makes me wonder if wind is one of his elements. then they'd have to put...
Fairy Tail A teamn vs Sabretooth
Natsu/Wendy Rouge/Sting
for the double battles!!

p.s. do sting and rouge even know who wendy is and what her magic/element is???

REN KOUEN
June 07, 2012, 09:05 AM
i cant wait to see laxus in action , i disagree about him being phased out, something tells me he will dominate

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Speaking of Wendy, I'm looking forward to her new Dragon Slaying techniques <3

the loli-dragon slayer!!!

hoeru
June 07, 2012, 09:26 AM
i wouldn't be surprised if flare was related to alexie. and alexie was a female.

But the name isn't Alexie. It's Alexei. E-I not I-E. And Alexei is a male name...

lionheart555
June 07, 2012, 09:45 AM
i cant wait to see laxus in action , i disagree about him being phased out, something tells me he will dominate

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

I'm hoping he will dominate too. Well I am sure he wlll...initially. But i suppose we will see tomorrow haha.

Ifrit
June 07, 2012, 10:54 AM

I'm hoping he will dominate too. Well I am sure he wlll...initially. But i suppose we will see tomorrow haha.

If you think about it. Laxus did not win in a fight up until now...Imagine that.

Natsu + Gajeel = Lost ( I know some will respond to this that he actually won, but no thank you he lost )

HADES = I'm still not over that fight, Where it took all this time to build for his come back, and the fight didn't last for more than 4 pages.

I hope he will actually win, and dominate too. I just can't wait. Last time I was this much excited for a chapter when Gildartz knocked Bluenote away....

REN KOUEN
June 07, 2012, 11:31 AM
If you think about it. Laxus did not win in a fight up until now...Imagine that.

Natsu + Gajeel = Lost ( I know some will respond to this that he actually won, but no thank you he lost )

HADES = I'm still not over that fight, Where it took all this time to build for his come back, and the fight didn't last for more than 4 pages.

I hope he will actually win, and dominate too. I just can't wait. Last time I was this much excited for a chapter when Gildartz knocked Bluenote away....
well in all fairness laxus was out of his league a bit with hades, as was natsu, if panther lilly and the others didnt attack the center of the grimoire heart ship, NO ONE would have defeated hades, i mean we are talking about someone who man-handled makarov

and the only way i really see laxus losing this week is by some outside interference like how lucy lost to flare corona

i could definitely see that bullshit going down

Jorge D. Dragon
June 08, 2012, 05:17 AM
I hope to see a great battle and it would be damn great if Luxus wins against Alexei. I really have a feeling that Alexei might be Luxus's brother.:) It would be interesting to see what magic he uses. And it would be even more interesting if he was the real Lightning Dragon Slayer from whom this lacrima was given to Luxus.