PDA

View Full Version : erza vs laxus- who's stronger

thousandIN1
May 31, 2012, 09:07 PM
my brother and i were discussing this earlier and so......
i say erza cuz she was on par with laxus, though he might have been ahead by like 5 points.
after the power-up(second origin) it seems that she has surpassed him.
my bro,he thinks laxus is stronger cuz he knows fairy law and also because he's makarov's grandson(genitics)
he also says and has proof that makarov trained him.....
but if his dad never implanted lachryima in him then he'd be nothing.(maybe)
but erza awakened her magic powers at a young age.
btw this all post time-skip

p.s. i wanted to make this into a poll

Kauia
May 31, 2012, 10:12 PM
Ugg, I think Laxus is stronger for different reasons. Even if Erza had second origin, the difference of how much the two changed from the looks of it aren't that different. If you think about it logically wouldn't you say the ones who trained have the upper hand compared to second origin.

Judging from the fight before during the harvest festival arc, though Erza could keep up, Laxus hasn't been using all his strength and it was the difference in their strength was there. Plus the manga had already been stated that compared to Erza, there is a much bigger difference in strength. Gildarts-Laxus-Mystogan-Erza. That's the leveling of it. Even if Laxus didn't have the lacrima, who's to say how strong he could have been. Erza's potential as a mage had been released almost at full at a young age while Laxus, I believe may have yet to awaken it before.

The second origin doesn't guarantee the vastness of how stronger Erza is over Laxus. Actually, I believe its a disadvantage compared to the ones who trained.

kkck
June 01, 2012, 12:16 AM
To be honest I give this to laxus. The guy is a beast and he has shown he has at least an overwhelming amount of magic. He even held his own against hades and the sheer amount of magical power he has was enough to give natsu a chance in the fight. IMO laxus is the only one in fairy tail outside of makarov who is a match for even gildarts. The manga has indeed hinted at him being that sort of beast, I think there are actual comparisons between the two of them. Besides, who is to say laxus hasn't been given a boost? Mira showed her satan soul transformation had an improvement and she was stronger, considering the short amount of time it would only make sense for urtear to have given them a power boost. Ultimately, fairy law is an attack which can decimate enemies, I doubt erza could handle it.

Ifrit
June 01, 2012, 03:16 AM
i say erza cuz she was on par with laxus, though he might have been ahead by like 5 points.
after the power-up(second origin) it seems that she has surpassed him.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/265/3

Laxus. Not because he's my favorite mage, but honestly Erza with her max ability still not at Laxus level.

I would accept that one day Natsu will actually surpass Laxus, because after this Arc. Natsu will be able to eat both Lightning n Fire Elements.

There was never a direct way that said Laxus is stronger than Erza. However if you took the hints it did say that in too many chapters

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Judging from the fight before during the harvest festival arc, though Erza could keep up, Laxus hasn't been using all his strength and it was the difference in their strength was there.

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7237-20/fairy-tail/chapter-122.html

I totally agree. Laxus only started fighting seriously here. He was toying with Mystogan n Erza

hoeru
June 01, 2012, 04:02 AM
I say Elsa: She has the Lightning Emperor Armor which renders lightning element attacks quite useless (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7236-13/fairy-tail/chapter-121.html).

Vengeance
June 01, 2012, 04:37 AM
Where's the poll? Anyway I personally think Laxus gave his lacrima to Natsu during the Hades battle & should be weaker than before. This was hinted at when Natsu retained lightning abilities & further hinted at when explaining 3rd generation Dragon Slayers. Natsu at this point can be considered 3rd gen based on his current abilities. Based on that assumption Erza is currently stronger.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 08, 2012, 04:46 AM
I believe its quite obvious. Luxus is the second strongest after Guildarts and it was hinted during all the manga. He has shown also incredible ammount of magical power, especially if we compare to other S-rank mages like Mystogan, Elza and Mira.
He also has Fairy Law and it does make difference. It's like Cana used Fairy Glitter and managed to inflict an enormous damage comparable with one from Jura who is one of Ten Wizard Saints. Thus having Fairy Law makes Luxus way stronger, cause the spell is really devastating.

joshua019
June 08, 2012, 07:31 PM
laxus is most likely is stronger!

kkck
June 11, 2012, 12:42 PM
Well, even if erza was stronger I think fairy law would be the key difference here. Odds are he would actually have pulled the same feat erza did in pandemonium with just that considering the spell is indeed strong enough to take out mages of the highest level.

REN KOUEN
June 13, 2012, 02:12 PM
erza would put on her seduction armor and seduce laxus, and just when he lowered his guard she would knock him out

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110813124206/betterbleachfanfiction/images/e/ef/Erza_seduction_armor_by_ornav-d3hr7au.png

in all seriousness it would be an epic fight , who knows who would win

thousandIN1
June 13, 2012, 03:30 PM
erza would put on her seduction armor and seduce laxus, and just when he lowered his guard she would knock him out

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110813124206/betterbleachfanfiction/images/e/ef/Erza_seduction_armor_by_ornav-d3hr7au.png

in all seriousness it would be an epic fight , who knows who would win

Erza then dawns her "birthday" armor causing laxus to bleed to death

kazerua
June 15, 2012, 12:23 AM
laxus:|
just simply because he's older than erza:|