PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 286 Discussion/287 Predictions

benelori
June 02, 2012, 06:38 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

•Sasuke•
June 08, 2012, 05:14 AM
credits mangateers

raw chapter http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=47951505 last post

http://thumbnails73.imagebam.com/19489/19b9d5194880694.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/19b9d5194880694) http://thumbnails39.imagebam.com/19489/bbf1a9194880723.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/bbf1a9194880723) http://thumbnails61.imagebam.com/19489/a2648c194880748.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a2648c194880748)

Jorge D. Dragon
June 08, 2012, 05:22 AM
So it turns out that Alexei was actually Ivan? Or am I wrong? If yes it's an interesting twist, but then who is the guy that looks like Ivan?

EclipseHunter
June 08, 2012, 05:26 AM
here's another website that makes thing easier to navigate.

http://mangateers.com/manga/fairy-tail-raw/286/1/

I can't believe it Ivan??? Huh???? Wait so is there an Alexis? or if I recall Ivan can create shinigamis so maybe a copy? or transformation tech? I mean what's with the copies fighting?

kazerua
June 08, 2012, 05:47 AM
wow the raw was early this week:) but it makes me so damn confused:< cant understand a thing

JML21
June 08, 2012, 05:53 AM
Hi. New member here! :)

From what I've understood, it seems that Ivan used some kind of illusion magic to make it seem to the audience that Laxus and "Alexei" are fighting. However, it seems that Alexei is really Ivan and with the illusion he made he is planning to do something against Laxus along with the rest of the Raven Tail team. Not sure though, waiting for the translation to come out. :hee

sarutobi_sensei
June 08, 2012, 06:15 AM
It seems to me that only the public for th exception of Fairy Tail is viewing and illusion. Fairy tail was seeing the illusion as well until the other 4 went into the arena.

So Ivan found a way (illusion) to actually enter the main fight in the tournament. Seems like they either want Laxus to go with them to their guild, or if not take away something of his, probably the lachrima he has inside him.

Glad to see that Mavis decided it was best to have protection on many sides, wonder if she was also caught or not on the illusion.

That's what I get from seeing the raw, I wonder if MS or MR will take long to provide a chapter.

Ifrit
June 08, 2012, 06:27 AM
hahaha...in the end of the page..its like he is saying..come and try me all of you.

Mashima please...Fairy Law ???

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

So it turns out that Alexei was actually Ivan? Or am I wrong? If yes it's an interesting twist, but then who is the guy that looks like Ivan?

Just like Jellal did when he fooled the council I guess. Not sure how strong Ivan is, but does he need all of Raven Tail members to defeat Laxus 0.0

It would be hard for him. Lets say he did use Fairy Law. Do Obra have the ability to cancel it ?

haegar
June 08, 2012, 06:46 AM
^ mh, some folks on narutoforums also suggested this is Jelly style thought projection. Possibly Laxus saw through it and retaliated with his own procection? :confused
There is also the notion floating around that there IS NO Alexej in the first place, the whole guy IS Ivan's thought projection who/which in turn uses another layer of projections IN the arena. As for Mavis, I am sure she got this shit figured out right from the bat, reading Ivan/RT like a book - also, judging by hers and Makarov's facial expression she's putting her trust in Laxus to pull through, ON TOP OF THAT: DID I SEE MAVIS BLUSHING OVER LAXUS? :zomg roflmao

Ero-Sanji
June 08, 2012, 06:59 AM
This was an interesting twist, one of the best in FT to be honest. I can't see Laxus win this fight alone which leads me into thinking what the big F are the rest waiting for? Makarov should have already been down there along with Laxus' personal bodyguards.

I'm sure Ivan knows Fairy Law so there's perhaps no point in relying on that.

wooticus
June 08, 2012, 07:05 AM
The great showdown versus Iwan? Without Gildarts? Please not, too bad Cana destroyed her "Help Gildarts!" card.. would be awesome to see him entering & saving the day... again

Newkerzy
June 08, 2012, 07:16 AM
I think the RT-FT conflict might end next chapter, since it says "A true family" for next chapter. Which is a big shame. And let's hope Gazille has something that he knows would make Ivan sweat bullets from his time in RT. I still want that particular plot point to come up. Also, FT's definitely going to need Jellal's help here considering he also specializes in illusions. He could be the one able to break the illusion and expose RT.

greenpiece
June 08, 2012, 08:15 AM
Wow, this is pretty interesting. But I'm pretty sure Laxus will be winning this since if Raven Tail wins another fight, it'll be impossible/really hard for the other teams just to tie up with RT's score.

So anyway, I'm pretty sure the next fight will be Wendy vs. Shiela (sp?) since they're the only members present in their teams that haven't participated. AND Mashima posted a picture in his twitter last week and I was wondering why it was Shiela if he could've posted pictures of more important characters. (Here's the picture: https://twitter.com/#!/mashima0012/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FZ00na3qx)

And judging by the drawing, I think she's fighting Wendy. It looks rather...windy, afterall.

Anyway, assuming that my predictions are correct, I made a few guesses on who will be representing some teams for the tag team battle on the 4th day. I'll start with Sabertooth. Most people will probably think it's going to be Sting and Rogue. Yeah, I thought so too but knowing Mashima, he won't make them fight Natsu or Gajeel when it's not yet close to the arcs end (He usually saves those most awaited fights for last). So if ever they will be fighting, it would be against another team (not any of the FTs) and it's kind of going to be a "show of power" kind of battle for them. But if ever it's not gonna be them, I'm guessing it's going to be Minverva with either one of the Dragon Slayers (which I doubt) or Minerva with Rufus or Orga (but Orga appeared 3 times already so I think it'll most like be Rufus).

Next is Fairy Tail B. Since everyone has already fought in a battle portion except Gajeel, Juvia, and Cana, I'm guessing the tag team fight will be either the Phantom pair, or Cana and Juvia. Cana and Juvia already paired up in a fight against Freed in the Fantasia arc but I think it's more likely to be the Phantom pair representing Fairy Tail B. I think that'd be more interesting.

And lastly, Fairy Tail A. Assuming that Wendy's fighting on the 3rd day, that will mean that 3 most powerful in Fairy Tail A are the only ones that haven't fought in the battle portion. So I'm assuming that it'll most likely be either Natsu & Gray, Gray & Erza, or Natsu & Erza. So I'm guessing that it's most probably gonna be Natsu & Gray or Gray & Erza. It's pretty cool to see Natsu & Gray to work together since they're known not to get along but at the same time, I have a feeling that Natsu won't fight on the 4th day because of Mashima's usual save him for the last fight. So if it's going to be Gray and Erza, I'd like them to fight Minverva and Rufus, kinda of like ST counterparts. That would be AWESOME!

As for the other teams, it's just gonna be guesses since I don't have much ideas to support them with... So Lamia will probably be Yuka and Lyon. Or if Sherry's their reserve then probably her and Lyon or Yuka. For Blue Pegasus, maybe Ichiya and Bunny? As for Mermaid, Puppies, and Raventail, I really wouldn't know. I have a feeling theyre gonna be losing teams of the 4th day. I really don't know about Raven Tail. If Laxus beats them all badly or they get caught with what they're doing, they'll probably be disqualified or something. Or maybe they'll run away. It'll really just depend on how the next chapter's fight will end.

Ifrit
June 08, 2012, 08:29 AM
Did Rufu used fire against Eve ? This mean he copied "stored in his memory" Natsu magic ?

As for next chapter: I don't see Laxus winning against all Raven Tail members including his father. As much as I love to see this happen. It is early for Raven Tail to get beat up in this humiliating way. However if Laxus did transfer his Lachryma to Natsu and Ivan get pissed, because his goal is now reached to a wall. Laxus will win I think.

80% Ivan takes what he wants from Laxus, Leaving Laxus on the tournament battle ground unconscious, and flee with his members after they took what they want, and they will be disqualified from the tournament.

Newkerzy
June 08, 2012, 09:24 AM
Wow, this is pretty interesting. But I'm pretty sure Laxus will be winning this since if Raven Tail wins another fight, it'll be impossible/really hard for the other teams just to tie up with RT's score.

So anyway, I'm pretty sure the next fight will be Wendy vs. Shiela (sp?) since they're the only members present in their teams that haven't participated. AND Mashima posted a picture in his twitter last week and I was wondering why it was Shiela if he could've posted pictures of more important characters. (Here's the picture: https://twitter.com/#!/mashima0012/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FZ00na3qx)

And judging by the drawing, I think she's fighting Wendy. It looks rather...windy, afterall.

Thanks for the pic!! Mashima sure is being kind to his fans to spoil us like that.

EDIT: I dunno why, but for a moment, I felt Chelia's drawing looks similar to Takei's art style.

REN KOUEN
June 08, 2012, 09:25 AM
what a tease!!!

but at least we dont have an off week next week like naruto :(

i am a bit confused as to what happened, so i cant wait for the translations so we can clarify a few things

lionheart555
June 08, 2012, 10:29 AM
After reading all the comments, seems everything is a bit different than what I expected. Illusions eh? Not sure how this is going to work out. But Laxus looks pumped. Good enough for me. Now to show him kicking some tail next chapter.

hoeru
June 08, 2012, 10:37 AM
Did Rufu used fire against Eve ? This mean he copied "stored in his memory" Natsu magic ?

Mavis commented on it as "enchant spell" (古代魔法/エンシェントスペル) if I read correctly. And the kanji actually say that it's an ancient magic (but not "lost magic" like the Dragonslayers).

BTW, I'm surprised no one mentionned this: Iwan mentions Lumen Histoire here (http://mangateers.com/manga/fairy-tail-raw/286/19/)...

Shadoguardian
June 08, 2012, 10:42 AM
Don't tell me this is going to be a Fairy Tail version of Star Wars?

Ivan: Laxus, I am your father!
Laxus: Umm... yeah, I can see that.
Ivan: Join the dark side Laxus! Together we can rule the universe!
Laxus: Kiss my shiny electric a**!

SerpentTailedAngel
June 08, 2012, 11:33 AM
Well, fingers crossed that no matter how the battle ends, they wrap up the day with giving Raven Tail the boot for slipping their master in. Anyway, nice to see that Fairy Tail is taking some cheating precautions.

Ifrit
June 08, 2012, 12:24 PM
BTW, I'm surprised no one mentionned this: Iwan mentions Lumen Histoire here (http://mangateers.com/manga/fairy-tail-raw/286/19/)...

After the 3 great magic of fairy tail appeared. The only one thing that Makarvo meant by Ivan left Fairy Tail with important information about the guild. Is that he knows what located in the basement, so that doesn't surprise me really.

Zehahaha
June 08, 2012, 02:07 PM
Why does it seem that Ivan would lose badly ? I don't know why, but I feel that ugly mug of his will eat the dirt soon.

Marche
June 08, 2012, 02:41 PM
I am interested in the first part of the chapter.
What Ichiya says to the the one who wears the Bunny costumes???
And more importantly I want to know the reaction to Rufus power of Gray, Urtear and Meldy.
Can someone say me it???
P.S: Any news about when the english version will be released???

haegar
June 08, 2012, 03:18 PM
those mangateers guys re-released HQ clean RAW with better placed watermarks and claim they can release within hours IF somebody does the translation for them, they don't have a translator. Not sure if neccessary but their clean is actually better than the stuff we otherwise got when somebody beat MS to it, not quite as good as MS but they seem to have decent raw to work with... since atm MS is slowpoke and other groups have been releasing FT anyways ... oh well dunno :derp

zerocooldx
June 08, 2012, 03:42 PM
Just like Jellal did when he fooled the council I guess. Not sure how strong Ivan is, but does he need all of Raven Tail members to defeat Laxus 0.0

It would be hard for him. Lets say he did use Fairy Law. Do Obra have the ability to cancel it ?

I doubt that Makarov and the rest of Fairy Tail will just sit by as allow Raven Tail to go at Laxus, even if Laxus is fine with it. Also not to mention that Raven Tail will probably be immediately disqualified and who knows what steps the tournament organizers or even the Magic Council members will take now. There are just way too many variables around to allow a fight of just Laxus vs. Raven Tail. But i suppose Raven Tail might be able to put up some barrier or something to prevent outside interference or possibly use some teleportation magic to move the battle elsewhere. Either way one thing is for sure, Raven Tail does have some plan otherwise this would be just short of suicide.

haegar
June 08, 2012, 03:49 PM
^ somebody better pat Bisca's ass:

Bisca: "KYAAAH"- BOOM HEADSHOT - "Oh, so Sorry Dude, I didn't mean to ..."
Makarov: "That's my girl, no sweat, it's cool, it's cool..."
Mavis: "... Aye, 'cause it's for the win ^^"

:cheez

Ifrit
June 08, 2012, 03:54 PM
Either way one thing is for sure, Raven Tail does have some plan otherwise this would be just short of suicide.

I agree. No way Ivan is doing this out of the blue. He's gonna get what he came for this is for sure. Although Laxus for sure will put a good fight, but still it won't be enough.

I don't see Ivan getting a defeat this early. Also I'm pretty sure the one to defeat Ivan is the old man "Gildartz". Perhaps Ivan will kidnap Laxus and brain wash him or something. Depends what he need from Laxus. Almost 12 AM here sigh....work tomorrow can't wait anymore. Hope translation will be released.

Taking extra hour from work to read the chapter :teehee

Good Night all :)

kkck
June 08, 2012, 04:50 PM
^nice sig lol

Anyways, I don't think laxus is really going to lose here. They need the points very baldly to say the least and they are already behind fairy tail A. I think ravel tail just wants to piss off laxus to get something out of him later. I mean, why would they try something serious right now? That would be incredibly dumb to say the least. Just around the castle you will find 2 council members, 1 former council member, fairy tail's main force, every other guild's main force and considering the presense of the king and mercurius being in town there should be an army outside. Whatever ravel tail is really out for is unlikely to be done in front of this many people in such unfavorable circumstances. Well, technically it does seem as if they have inside people somewhere but still, trying something outrageous under the current circumstances would seema absurd.

joshua019
June 08, 2012, 05:05 PM
Don't tell me this is going to be a Fairy Tail version of Star Wars?

Ivan: Laxus, I am your father!
Laxus: Umm... yeah, I can see that.
Ivan: Join the dark side Laxus! Together we can rule the universe!
Laxus: Kiss my shiny electric a**!

thats Ivan?? I thought masters are not allowed to participate? I thought that was master jose of phantom lord!

Zsych
June 08, 2012, 07:22 PM
thats Ivan?? I thought masters are not allowed to participate? I thought that was master jose of phantom lord!

They tend to be rather stubborn about cheating. The illusion lets him do stuff without being seen to do stuff.

SlayerKisame
June 08, 2012, 10:32 PM
Ah, so he put an illusion up for the audience so he can take his mask off and talk to Laxus. Interesting, I wonder what he tried to say to him that got Laxus lighten up.

noname1178
June 08, 2012, 11:00 PM
chapters up http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/53902026/1

shuha27
June 08, 2012, 11:06 PM
Laxus is soooooooooo badass. Time for Raventail to get their ass kicked been waiting for this!

SerpentTailedAngel
June 08, 2012, 11:10 PM
Laxus is going to lose, but he'll do it after epically taking down at least 2 and probably 4 of them and breaking the illusion first.

shuha27
June 08, 2012, 11:14 PM
Laxus is going to lose, but he'll do it after epically taking down at least 2 and probably 4 of them and breaking the illusion first.

Exactly! He will probably lose but go down epically. Laxus will probably be able to break the illusion leading to Raven Tail getting disqualified.

hossice
June 08, 2012, 11:15 PM
what did lucy mean at the top of page 9? http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/53902026/9 so confused D:

Newkerzy
June 08, 2012, 11:20 PM
I'm thinking that Jellal might save the day here. He did, after all put on an illusion for several years on the council, so he should be able to figure something's off with the fight and break the illusion.

lionheart555
June 08, 2012, 11:21 PM
Laxus...you're the man. Fairy tail...now this is manga. That is all.

1337 haxor
June 08, 2012, 11:23 PM
chapters up http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/53902026/1

They mistook Jura's guild for BP, he is from Lamia scale.

And goddamn Ivan and his Kyoka Suigetsu bullshit!

chess4
June 08, 2012, 11:29 PM
laxus is a real beast........he is about to get served up but i think he will break the spell and markorov will jump in......also i think the thing than iwan is looking for is the thing markorov should gildarts

SerpentTailedAngel
June 08, 2012, 11:55 PM
I'm thinking that Jellal might save the day here. He did, after all put on an illusion for several years on the council, so he should be able to figure something's off with the fight and break the illusion.

Except that Jellal didn't show to avoid running into the council. He's busy investigating the people who plan the event today.

FrostyMouse
June 09, 2012, 12:16 AM
I can't really see Laxus winning, but on the other hand, Mashima did sort of promise us that FT wouldn't be fodderized anymore, and that hasn't happened, at least not since after the first break of the promise. :P

I don't know. Laxus losing to five people wouldn't be fodderization, especially as Ivan should be stronger than Laxus straight up, even without the other four idiots. I've yet to see that RT's mages are actually that powerful. The little puppet/whatever that thing is just has magic that's cheating, but it's no different than what the Air member of the Element Four could really do. It's in a different form, but it's just as broken, at least to some degree. Aria's power seemed to need prep time, which Obra doesn't seem to need, but we'll see.

I mean, once Bisca shoots the illusion!Ivan, people should realize that something's wrong, but the masses in Fairy Tail were never that clever.

thousandIN1
June 09, 2012, 12:26 AM
i have a feeling that laxus will lose the real battle, but as a consolation prize his dad will let him win the illusion battle. and either RT foreits the tournament once they get what they came for or they stay to humiliate FT further, but that would negate the 2nd part of my 1st sentence. either way it's gonna be a rumble!!!
is QP just a joke at this point now?? lol

REN KOUEN
June 09, 2012, 12:35 AM
is it just me or is the entire guild of blue pegasus a bunch of sissys?

i will laugh my ass off if laxus defeats the entire guild, is the thing ivan desires the same thing makarov showed gildarts?

Ifrit
June 09, 2012, 12:35 AM
mmm...Ivan doesn't know where its located, but he know it exist.

As the others said. He will put a good fight as usual, but will take a fall in the end. What Ivan said about "The Anti-Guild of Fairy Tail" worried me.

The man simply know better than anyone about Fairy Tail after Makarov. As far as I know only Gildartz know whats located in the basement.

Despite all that. Cheering for Laxus to win against all of them. Hoping using Fairy Law, so everyone who said Fairy Law should not be taken to consideration to determine who is stronger will change his mind.

suraj5898
June 09, 2012, 12:36 AM
we have see that this games r created for gain something evil u know that person (knight) with king . he have got all energy he want . we and people of FT manga also saw how powerful FT is so maybe now time for main fight (war)

lawlett-kun
June 09, 2012, 12:40 AM
pretty good chapter,not the chapter i will be re-reading several times. See i told you guys laxus vs alexei wont end in 1 chapter :3 so 1 question why the hell organisators wont step in already, RT is obviously breaking the rules right now with all the guys over there fighting with raxus.So iwan is after Ft's secret, didnt think of it as possibility interesting twist.Looking forward for next chapters.Btw looking at the rufus(thought was his name) memory magic,doesnt it remind the kurohebis mimic magic? the result is the same basically.

so it was actually Iwan who was beating the hell out of Flare all this time after her Lucy's match :teehee

SerpentTailedAngel
June 09, 2012, 12:52 AM
No one's stepping in because as far as they know Laxus is just getting his butt handed to him. All the see is the battle illusion. Only the people Ivan wants let in on the secret are able to see that the entire Raven team is on the field demanding supper classified information.

JunKisaragi
June 09, 2012, 12:54 AM
I'm thinking either Laxus or Jellal will break the illusion.

I suddenly remembered Laxus' fight with Mystogan, wherein he broke out of Mystogan's illusion. A good point was also given earlier that Jellal also used a perfect copy of himself before (revealed in Tower of Heaven arc), so he does know a thing or two when it comes to illusions.

Anyhow, we're still not sure if the above-mentioned will happen. But I'm hoping that it will break and this will all turn out into an FT and RT brawl.

exacta
June 09, 2012, 01:00 AM
I think that Laxus could take Kurohebi, Flare and Narupuddin all at once, but it would be bull if he could also take Iwan and Obra's magic seems to be very special so maybe not him either. Maybe he could beat Obra in a 1 on 1, but I think it'd be bull if Iwan lost to Laxus in a 1 on 1 in their first encounter, at the very least. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I hope Raven Tail's presence in this manga isn't going to end soon. Iwan's is an interesting villain and it would be a shame to see him go to waste like many of the other villains in this manga. The other RT villains can get owned for all I care because chances are Iwan has other's somewhere.

lionheart555
June 09, 2012, 01:09 AM
The next chapter is titled Real Family. So maybe...

Laxus gets beat but in getting beat or prior to being beaten, he dispels the illusion or someone else does. Fairy Tail sees Raven Tail. And jump in.
Laxus loses coincidentally with the illusion and is rendered unconscious and no one realizes what happened. (Seems unlikely given the chapter name)
Laxus joins up with his father. Or is forced into his father's service like a brainwashing.

I realize Laxus winning is a possibility but i feel at this point it is unlikely seeing as Iwan does not seem like that kind of fodder to be beaten in one chapter of fighting. He may be forced to flee though. But I feel like my first prediction is more likely than a generic Laxus forcing Iwan to retreat.

TauCarlos
June 09, 2012, 02:22 AM
Wouldn't Mavis be able to tell what's going on, I mean I can't imagine any illusion techniques working on something without actual physical forms of senses to fool?

Also it's incredibly foolish for Iwan to show his identity to Luxus like this unless Raven Tail doesn't plan to continue the games any further. Whether he defeats or doesn't defeat luxus, makarov and the rest will find out from luxus himself that his behind that mask. And obviously FT will retaliate without pause

Ero-Sanji
June 09, 2012, 02:40 AM
While I did enjoy the chapter I did not enjoy the extent and power of Ivan's Illusion. With this sort of power his able to put down anyone he likes, even his father with ease. An invasion on FT would literary be as easy as stealing candy from a baby. There's also another thing that disturbed me a little with this chapter and that is the lachryma, Makarov was so worried about Laxus being kidnapped and Ivan himself said that the only thing that Laxus has of interest is the lachryma. This makes me think that Lumen Histoire was not a part of this manga and its plot at the point of Laxus' games and it also damages the coherency of the manga.

Anyway, other than that it was a very good chapter and Laxus is such a nice character, however, the arrogance of his is still there, instead of trying to alarm the others in some way being clearly outnumbered he wants to try them all. He should know better.

MechR
June 09, 2012, 02:42 AM
Glad to see that Mavis decided it was best to have protection on many sides, wonder if she was also caught or not on the illusion.

Wouldn't Mavis be able to tell what's going on, I mean I can't imagine any illusion techniques working on something without actual physical forms of senses to fool?
I'd be surprised if Mavis is affected by the illusion, but OTOH that seems like it'd ruin RT's plan too easily.

It'd be interesting if only Erza could see through it, because she is seriously in no shape to help right now.

TauCarlos
June 09, 2012, 03:00 AM
There's also another thing that disturbed me a little with this chapter and that is the lachryma, Makarov was so worried about Laxus being kidnapped and Ivan himself said that the only thing that Laxus has of interest is the lachryma. This makes me think that Lumen Histoire was not a part of this manga and its plot at the point of Laxus' games and it also damages the coherency of the manga.

We can assume the purpose of having Gajeel spy on fairy tail was to measure laxus's strength because he believes that he may know or might be told later the location of lumen histoire. Though the lacryma wasn't as important it's still useful and it was a good way to throw gajeel off his true intent (assuming he doesn't want to show his hand to an unreliable ally) in case he was trying to play him. Also Lumen Histoire seems like too important for him to discuss with anyone but his most trustworthy.

IT's sketchy at best but not a badly incoherent plot.

noobkiller
June 09, 2012, 03:17 AM
I'm expecting Laxus to go all out and lastly cast Fairy Law on all of Raven Tail, then the illusions vanish and Makarov and the rest of Fairy Tail jumps in and the real showdown starts...
But knowing Laxus, he's not the type of person who will give in to whatever his father has planned, but it's obvious Ivan isn't going to get any info of Lumen Histoire out of Laxus either way...

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Also it's incredibly foolish for Iwan to show his identity to Luxus like this unless Raven Tail doesn't plan to continue the games any further. Whether he defeats or doesn't defeat luxus, makarov and the rest will find out from luxus himself that his behind that mask. And obviously FT will retaliate without pause

I'm pretty sure Raven Tail is expecting to end the games by force here as they hinted at the end of the previous chapter, even if they detect what's really going on, it's not like they can do anything, the Magic Council is pretty much powerless against the forces of King Zeref and Raven Tail at this point.
The games were just a cover to find out the secret to Lumen Histoire and the Celestial Mages powers, as well as power up that Gate to the other world.

Heriko
June 09, 2012, 05:01 AM
nice chapter :D
so they were after "lumen histoire"
i thought it's called "lumen etoile"
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/258/14
or is this something other?

erza have to take biksas sniper and shoot them :D she should be able to see them.
and i like how gray is aiming for rufus :D
maybe Laxus will still win against all 5 of them. That would be a nice way to finally show, how strong he really is :D

Edit: We haven't seen Erza since the fight began, maybe she is already on her way :D

Impossibility
June 09, 2012, 06:02 AM
Awesome chapter. Fairy Tail has been on a roll recently. I think it likely that Mavis is aware of the events in the ring, but has simply decided to see how Laxus handles the situation. I'm curious to see if Erza, with her eye, is capable of seeing through the illusion. I'd love to see Laxus put on a show, but I doubt he would be able to win against the entire Raven Tail team. I think it likely that someone will intervene during the course of the battle. But at the very least Laxus has built up some more bad-ass cred. I actually wouldn't mind seeing RT lose here, considering their are more interesting opponents up ahead to be dealt with. Fairy Tail's prep to protect Laxus was cool, Yajima seems to be prepared to throw down if any thing untoward happens in the ring. It was an excellent chapter this week, can't wait for the next one.

Monti
June 09, 2012, 06:38 AM
Am I the only one who's really curious about who that rabbit is? (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/53902026/13)

The way I see it the illusion is either broken by Laxus during the fight or one of FT figure it out. My bets on either Natsu smelling it or Erza simply seeing through it. Once thats done they all dive in to help.

bskbob
June 09, 2012, 07:00 AM
Laxus is badass as ever taking on his old man and RT elite on his own. I don't believe Laxus can win this fight alone and it's way to early for Ivan and RT defeat. In the end Laxus will lose and used as bargain against Makarov.

Uriel
June 09, 2012, 07:25 AM
I'm thorn. I liked this chapter a lot and the twist was good...But Ivan's Illusions are somewhat a different thing. There is many holes on it. I mean, Why not used before? Does it work like Genjutsu? If it does, then Ivan is stupid as hell.
It's a spell caste upon everyone OR is a spell area of effect based?
Is Erza watching it? Is Mavis watching it?

Lumen Etoile...WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?

Narosian
June 09, 2012, 07:31 AM
The thought occured to me, ivans illusions are probably why no one notice lucy's magic being cancelled the first day.

Uriel
June 09, 2012, 07:37 AM
The thought occured to me, ivans illusions are probably why no one notice lucy's magic being cancelled the first day.
I actually doubt it but now your question made me clear that it's an AoE spell rather than something caste upon everyone.

This means that if Laxus gets out of the reach of the spell both visions will come across for everyone.

Ero-Sanji
June 09, 2012, 08:01 AM
I'm thorn. I liked this chapter a lot and the twist was good...But Ivan's Illusions are somewhat a different thing. There is many holes on it. I mean, Why not used before? Does it work like Genjutsu? If it does, then Ivan is stupid as hell.
It's a spell caste upon everyone OR is a spell area of effect based?
Is Erza watching it? Is Mavis watching it?

Lumen Etoile...WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?

My thoughts exactly, the point about Erza is very interesting. We know for a fact that her artificial eye is immune to illusions, but seeing how it was used against Midnight who had the power of twisting everything even light itself, the eye evidently responds to optical illusions, that in which concerns the light. Ivan's illusion seem to be more complex than that, though, since he specifically claimed that the others were unable to hear them as well. However, as Laxus was being fodder treated in the illusion Erza wasn't shown so perhaps she has alreadt figured it out, if there's some one that should be able to do that it should be her. Which leads me into more frustration about the way Makarov is being treated. He's a master, one of the ten strongest, yet an illusion like this is too much for him.

sarutobi_sensei
June 09, 2012, 08:10 AM
Well, if Erza is there and is seeing the real thing, I'm thinking that she will join in on the fight to aid Laxus.

Mavis didn't mention anything, could she have noted it as well and will comment on the next chapter?

So Lumen Etoile, The Gate that the guy from the council is trying to open, Lucy and Leyla and the dragons, maybe it's all connected to the same thing. What exactly I don't know.

Seems to me that on the next chapter Makarov will also intervene since it's about family.

ocajavati
June 09, 2012, 08:24 AM
I will be very upset if Laxus end up getting slammed to the ground in this.

My prediction? Laxus struggles at the beginning, then takes down a good portion of Raven Tail with a surprise. Ensuing clash between Ivan and co. breaks the illusion. A total victory for Laxus is impossible with Ivan on the plate, so that's my idea of a best case scenario.

That's my bet. My very biased bet.

Buggy
June 09, 2012, 08:30 AM
One things that I notice all the time is how incompetent the hosts (pumpkin guy and others if there are some) are. Raven Tail has been cheating in the most blatant way so far and they pretty much stay oblivious. To create that city and tower with monsters and other things everybody has stated they must have incredible magic power. Despite all that, they can't detect outside influence?

On the chapter - Quatro Puppy is being fodderized more, guess that's to expect when they can't even preserve their guild name:P Eve lost, I never thought of him as particularly strong, and it makes a setup for Gray to take Rufus down. Ichiya makes it real interesting stating Bunny is their secret weapon but knowing him, he might be just talking nonsense:)

Ivan is after Fairy Tail's most important thing. I take it it's the thing Makarov showed to Gildartz. Must be something crazy for him to go to such lengths to acquire it. Not sure what needs to happen for plot to go in right direction, if illusion is broken Rven Tail will be (hopefully) disqualified and their little crusade against Fairy Tail will come to a stop.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 09, 2012, 09:03 AM
So RT is after Lumen Etoile... well it was unexpected, but still now it's logical why Makarov introduced it to Gildarts. It was to forshadow the importance of this thing and now we really get to understand that the thing should be worth it if RT is also after it.
I believe it's useless to try to get info from Luxus. I believe that he doesn't know about it as Gramps wouldn't have told him, because it seems that it is held down from previous to the next Master. But then how Ivan seems to know about its existense? Well, maybe he accidentally heard about it. Even if Luxus knew about it I can't see him giving it out to his shitty Dad who abondoned him and plotted against his Gramps and his Guild.
Anti-Fairy Tail? Bring it on! I hope someone will break this illusion in the next chapter and we'll see Makarov and other strong mages kickin' asses.:) I don't see RT loosing now. I believe they will flee and the Arc will go in another direction as it seems that the knight from the Royal Guard had his own obscure agenda, but the next Arc might be about the fight between Raven Tail and Fairy Tail for the Lumen Etoile.;)

lawlett-kun
June 09, 2012, 09:56 AM
if anyone is wondering what lumen etoile is (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c258/14.html)

hoeru
June 09, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hm, with Iwan saying that Raven Tail would be specialized as "Anti Fairy Tail guild", my hopes for Luxus just diminished... I think Iwan even has something to counter Fairy Law.

On the other hand, Mavis is more carefree than she was on Rufus' ancient spell... :/

Why does Mangastream bloat up the chapters with fan colorings... SIX pages between the cover and the first chapter page...

exacta
June 09, 2012, 10:57 AM
People are bringing up a good point with this illusion, it is really broken....If Iwan is still an enemy in the future and doesn't use this spell should he ttack FT it's going to be REALLY stupid, unless they find a way to counter it. I wonder what they would have done if a member of RT didn't get paired with Laxus.

TauCarlos
June 09, 2012, 11:15 AM
Would be interesting if erza and mavis (or anyone else immune or skilled illusionists) are unaffected by the illusion but have become part of the illusion instead thus being unable to warn anyone else since no one can see or hear them either. Then their options would only be to join the fight, yes, i know Mavis fighting is very improbable but it would be super funny to see her WTF pawn iwan with a fairy glitter :p

REN KOUEN
June 09, 2012, 11:24 AM
Am I the only one who's really curious about who that rabbit is? (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/53902026/13)

The way I see it the illusion is either broken by Laxus during the fight or one of FT figure it out. My bets on either Natsu smelling it or Erza simply seeing through it. Once thats done they all dive in to help.

yea im curious about that damn rabbit too...

someone who wouldnt be allowed to participate.....

Ifrit
June 09, 2012, 11:44 AM
Why everyone is relying on the people in the stadium to break the illusion. My money won't be on Erza.

My money on Ultear n Meredy.

If Ivan has this skill to fool everyone in a certain range. Then Ultear should be watching the real thing going on right ?

Meredy with her sensor link to tell Jellal what is going on and that pretty much it.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Hm, with Iwan saying that Raven Tail would be specialized as "Anti Fairy Tail guild", my hopes for Luxus just diminished... I think Iwan even has something to counter Fairy Law.

Give Laxus some credit. I believe he can take on Raven Tail by him self n beat them up.

My concern is Ivan, and maybe a little Obra because I didn't see what he is capable of, and why Ivan ordered him not to show his magic to anyone.

Sollum
June 09, 2012, 12:25 PM
So...

What will probably happen - Team B jumps in and POWNS Raven Tail...

What i want to happen:
a) Fairy Law
b) Double Lighting Dragon tag team! Since Natsu recently begun to use his brain, he might smell out bad things in arena. You can blind eyes, but not the smell!

hoeru
June 09, 2012, 01:02 PM
Give Laxus some credit. I believe he can take on Raven Tail by him self n beat them up.

I didn't mean to say that he wouldn't have a chance at all. But he's actually quite outnumbered and Iwan raised his guild members for at least seven years to become an Anti Fairy Tail guild. But neither wouldn't I deny the possibility that Iwan has some counters against the three great spells of Fairy Tail himself, because we saw Purehito as a former FT member and master perfectly countering Fairy Law...

Zehahaha
June 09, 2012, 01:48 PM
I didn't mean to say that he wouldn't have a chance at all. But he's actually quite outnumbered and Iwan raised his guild members for at least seven years to become an Anti Fairy Tail guild. But neither wouldn't I deny the possibility that Iwan has some counters against the three great spells of Fairy Tail himself, because we saw Purehito as a former FT member and master perfectly countering Fairy Law...

Counetered Fairy Law by using a second " Fairy Law ", it's not like he took it and withstood it no, he did not.

thousandIN1
June 09, 2012, 03:12 PM
My prediction
i think we can expect to see some strong people from different guilds break free from this spell/illusion.
Kagura, Minerva, Erza, & The Rabbit come to Laxus' aid. Thus creating a strong bond with other guilds and creating the effect of a real family, (plus Laxus is total P.I.M.P. status lol)Laxus' says something about family bonds, while Erza reassures him that they all will take RT down for their master and Kagura replies with a nod and Minerva wonders why their is a Rabbit here, The Rabbit just says "men". you see Laxus running to Iwan/Alexei and Erza is in her Purgatory Armor swooping from the sky, Minerva readies her stance, Kagura dashes at them while keeping her sword unsheathed, The Rabbit signals "bring it". RT just stands their confident. While Laxus is taking care of his father, Flare goes for the other red-head but Erza is too quick and appears behind her and states that this is for Lucy and attacks Flare. suddenly Nullpuding blocks it with his spikes and tells Flare not to underestimate their oppenents and him and Erza square off. With Flare sweating another possible beating she catches Minerva by surprise and trips her, as Minerva catches herself Kurohebi appears behind her, while Flare launches herself at Kagura with her hair spinning like a drill rocket. it cuts off too a stare down of Orba and The Rabbit, both have yet to move from their respective places. they are both made to dodge when Minerva comes rushing in through the middle at Kurohebi, but he suddenly uses Rufus' magic to cast "night of falling stars" which catches Minerva off guard, but she parries all of the stars with her magic(ala SF3). Flare is hitting Kagura with whip lashes, which prompts her to use gravity magic and float high and pounce on Flare, Flare then tries to catch Kagura in the air with "hair hands" but Kagura slices them away, leaving Flare to go madder and crazier than before and covers Kagura completely in hair. Erza is having a hard time hitting Nullpuding, he seems to be changing his flesh to counter her armors. As you see Laxus on the floor, Iwan stats "how long can these fairies last?" Minerva retorts " we're not all fairies."
and Iwan goes for Minerva first and says "your nothing" Minerva's down then Kagura followd by Erza. Last page has The Rabbit standing by himself.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 09, 2012, 03:24 PM
That's too detailed to possibly come true, but at least the beginning part could happen. Maybe.

TauCarlos
June 09, 2012, 04:01 PM
My prediction
i think we can expect to see some strong people from different guilds break free from this spell/illusion.
Kagura, Minerva, Erza, & The Rabbit come to Laxus' aid. Thus creating a strong bond with other guilds and creating the effect of a real family, (plus Laxus is total P.I.M.P. status lol)Laxus' says something about family bonds, while Erza reassures him that they all will take RT down for their master and Kagura replies with a nod and Minerva wonders why their is a Rabbit here, The Rabbit just says "men". you see Laxus running to Iwan/Alexei and Erza is in her Purgatory Armor swooping from the sky, Minerva readies her stance, Kagura dashes at them while keeping her sword unsheathed, The Rabbit signals "bring it". RT just stands their confident. While Laxus is taking care of his father, Flare goes for the other red-head but Erza is too quick and appears behind her and states that this is for Lucy and attacks Flare. suddenly Nullpuding blocks it with his spikes and tells Flare not to underestimate their oppenents and him and Erza square off. With Flare sweating another possible beating she catches Minerva by surprise and trips her, as Minerva catches herself Kurohebi appears behind her, while Flare launches herself at Kagura with her hair spinning like a drill rocket. it cuts off too a stare down of Orba and The Rabbit, both have yet to move from their respective places. they are both made to dodge when Minerva comes rushing in through the middle at Kurohebi, but he suddenly uses Rufus' magic to cast "night of falling stars" which catches Minerva off guard, but she parries all of the stars with her magic(ala SF3). Flare is hitting Kagura with whip lashes, which prompts her to use gravity magic and float high and pounce on Flare, Flare then tries to catch Kagura in the air with "hair hands" but Kagura slices them away, leaving Flare to go madder and crazier than before and covers Kagura completely in hair. Erza is having a hard time hitting Nullpuding, he seems to be changing his flesh to counter her armors. As you see Laxus on the floor, Iwan stats "how long can these fairies last?" Minerva retorts " we're not all fairies."
and Iwan goes for Minerva first and says "your nothing" Minerva's down then Kagura followd by Erza. Last page has The Rabbit standing by himself.

We should petition for this man to write this manga :)

Zehahaha
June 09, 2012, 04:22 PM
I'd rather die than see something like that... I hate that Iwan fella, and I really want to see him lose so badly, also, I doubt we'd have any plot with RT at this point, let's not forget that the main plot is revolving again around Zeref. God know what Lucy/that chick from Sabertooth is going to happen to them, and god know what that Dr Tenma look alike will pull, we may even get to see Zeref & Acnologia again, anyway it's gonna be something big again, way bigger than silly RT.

Edelheld
June 09, 2012, 04:48 PM
1) Some glimpse on rabbit mystery is nice.
2) I'm becoming gay for Rufus and Kurohebi and that's disturbing.
3) Laxus might have his show time. But it looks like everybody more interested in "what would Erza do?", "what would Mavis do?", "what would Makarov do?", "what would Jesus do?" rather then Laxus himself. There's already rescue team for him with Erza, Jellal, Natsu, Mavis and Spock riding huge Tyrannosaurus Rex and what not.
Give Laxus some credit, it's his personal plot line, after all.

NAM61
June 09, 2012, 05:04 PM
i think natsu will figure out it is an illusion he has great hearing he heard when flare was threatening lucy by killing the girl. maybe he can hear the actual fighting also cant erza see through it with ehr fake eye.

Uriel
June 09, 2012, 05:32 PM
I'm interested on what Erza and Jesus would do for a simple reason: At some point, the illusion must end. At some point, something strange will happen to end the match.

I mean...It's Ivan so stupid of letting Laxus go after this to tell everyone how He's cheating? Even If Laxus is proud, something will say. So there is no going back. And if Lumen Etoile is what they search for, I doubt they just give up for the match. They will beat him up and do SOMETHING ELSE.

That's why I'm interested on the rest. Because we're not "in" the tournament anymore. From this point onward, the plot should move according to events and not the tournament itself.

TauCarlos
June 09, 2012, 06:05 PM
Exactly what Uriel said, it's not about whether Laxus will win or lose cause regardless Iwan isn't about to continue these games any longer with the move he just pulled without either completely incapicating laxus to the point he can't relay what really happened or somehow persuading him to be silent. Both of those are unlikely, so we can assume the game is over for RT and if we assume that, then I doubt they'll disappear before FT has repayed in full for the humiliation and damage done to them. Also Iwan seems determined not to leave without that location. All this and the many flaws with the illusion points to outside people stepping in to turn it in to stop Iwan.

thousandIN1
June 09, 2012, 06:09 PM
anyone else notice that rogue wasn't shown but the rest of ST was. and also i think makarov at first was only seeing "The Laxus can't lift a finger" battle but then towards the last panel of him shown he saw his son, Iwan and the rest of RT.

Krono
June 09, 2012, 06:19 PM
3) Laxus might have his show time. But it looks like everybody more interested in "what would Erza do?", "what would Mavis do?", "what would Makarov do?", "what would Jesus do?" rather then Laxus himself. There's already rescue team for him with Erza, Jellal, Natsu, Mavis and Spock riding huge Tyrannosaurus Rex and what not.
Give Laxus some credit, it's his personal plot line, after all.

Everyone is interested in what others will do because frankly, Laxus should lose this. Ivan alone should be far enough above Laxus to take it easily. Add in the rest, especially Obra, and all chance should be lost. So speculating on what Laxus will do is difficult to envision, as it boils down to speculating on how badly he'll lose.

zerocooldx
June 09, 2012, 07:28 PM
I think Laxus pretty much almost has to lose in this situation without anyone finding out what took place due to him being unconscious as a result of the loss. I mean if he doesn't and the illusion is broken then an all out war between Raven Tail and Fairy Tail will break out. I'm sure the Magic Council will be sending their members in if that happens, the tournament officials may do the same. Not to mention that the entire tournament will fall apart with chaos erupting all over the place with the entire crowd being in grave danger. The only way that this doesn't end in everyone vs. Raven Tail and Raven Tail being utterly destroyed is if Arcadios sets his plan into motion and goes after Lucy. But either way that would still essentially mark the end of the Grand Magic Games, which i think is a little too soon because we aren't even half way though and we won't be able to see some anticipated match-ups because there would be no reason for any other guild members to go after anyone other then possibly just Raven Tail. So unfortunately i think Laxus has to get stomped for the sake of the plot. On a side note i'm interested in seeing Iwan's power, given how strong his father and son are he should be no pushover to say the least.

kidopitz27
June 09, 2012, 08:43 PM
i think when Laxus is nearing his defeat Jellal/Mystogan will appear and break the illusion showing Raven Tail ganging up to beat a player and they will get disqualified and then Raven Tail will attack both Laxus and Jellal and Jellal's disguise will get removed :)

kkck
June 09, 2012, 11:44 PM
What I just started thinking, do the illusions have an effect on smell? It could be a hitch to their plans to say the least if the 4 dragonslayers there suddenly got wind of the situation. Why in the world would they wait for laxus to be in front of that many people to do that though, wouldn't it be better if they ambushed him during the night or something?

thousandIN1
June 10, 2012, 02:01 AM
What I just started thinking, do the illusions have an effect on smell? It could be a hitch to their plans to say the least if the 4 dragonslayers there suddenly got wind of the situation. Why in the world would they wait for laxus to be in front of that many people to do that though, wouldn't it be better if they ambushed him during the night or something?

Raven Tail's got this shit on LOCKDOWN!!!
this is one of the few mangas that leaves me in suspense!!!
I hope we get see FTB help laxus out.
Gajeel vs Kurohebi
Mirajane vs Nullpuding
Juvia vs Flare
Cana vs Obra
Is anyonel else getting a Phantom Lord nostalgia arc??

ghostexiled
June 10, 2012, 02:51 AM
Anyone think that this could all be one huge distraction in order for that knight dude to kidnap Lucy, while shit is going down with RT?

If RT is found out... it may start a royal rumble of sorts between the guilds causing panic in the stadium and enough distraction for a certain Spirit Mage to go missing.

Just a thought...

kakashidad
June 10, 2012, 04:57 AM
I've not read anyones comments,I find it makes no difference tbh,lol.These are MY thoughts,reply don't it
matters not.

Excellent mashirma.That's how you do a cliffhanger!Before i get to that what else
occured of note in this chapter.We might just have seen why Mavis Vermillion is really still with the faires,,
Lumile historie!!anyone?Raven Tail has stated it's intention.The aquistion of what is hidden in the old house.
And to think that only Makarov and Gildartz are the only ones that know of it's location(Mavis does too i suspect).

The spell Raven tail has used is quite vexing to me.How can they have a spell of that magnitute,That can
deceived a ghost aka MAVIS (and we've seen that she recogonized the molding magic of Rufus)? also Ezra,
bionic eye should not be affected to the best of my understanding..unless it's magic that directly affect her
person...and then there's Natsu Hearing ability.
And don't forget we have Ultear monitoring from the outside(with her been on the cover of the last issue or
is it this one?then i suspect that she/they will soon become of some importance.She has interferred already in
the competition?

I'm gonna have a hissy fit if the answer fall short of what i'm expecting,but i have faith.Anyways the lesser
bouts lasted as long as i thought they would.Rufus might very well be the number 2 to Gemma daughter/grand
daughter.I've not got enough info to say that their DS's Rouge and Sting are definately that guilds Number
1 and 2.And judging from Gemma comments a couple of issue ago when Natsu attacked them.Then by his words
Sting kun would struggle against NATSU..why else prevent him from been his champion at that moment in time...l
ol.(plot device maybe?)

Now,lets get back to the ''illusion'' that Raven Tail has inacted.1st illusion is that of ALEXEI-kun..He's clearly not a
proper member but Iwan in disguise..totally out of order(been a master and all)?Then we have the magic in it's
self...Who's magic is it?Iwan,Orga? I'm betting on the latter.It's a shit illusion as there are several people that
can't understand why Laxus is getting his arse handed to him...That,i think is just down to Raven Tails arrogance
and lack of realism.(They were incapable of seeing the fight any other way).But that's on the back burner for a minute.

Laxus,Will do a Ezra imo...Iwan might think too much of his ''specialized anti-fairy guild''.And we've seen that laxus
does not rate his ''shitty pops'' anyways.MASTER ENEMIES ARE MY ENEMIES..what a great line.I'm looking forward
to seeing the result of his training...yes indeed i'm so looking forward to it teehee..fanboy moment,sorry.

We had half of this issue dedicated to laxus and the Ravens,i'm looking for at least the same about of time spent on this
as what Ezra received..hopefully more,but hey.You can't have everything in one go,right.So i'll be partience,Laters

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Anyone think that this could all be one huge distraction in order for that knight dude to kidnap Lucy, while shit is going down with RT?

If RT is found out... it may start a royal rumble of sorts between the guilds causing panic in the stadium and enough distraction for a certain Spirit Mage to go missing.

Just a thought...

Well,it's a possiblity Ghostexiled..however charlie prediction are stetchy at best...so i'm paying
little attention to them at present.What has a high probability.Is that Raven Tail are found out
and expelled from the tournament.Only after Laxus kicks their asres.If there's a free for all
as a result well great.But i don't see this anywhere near it's completion(the games that is).

Raven tail been exiled and reverting back into a dark guild,with points acrued taken back.Is the
most likely outcome in my books.

I've noticed alot of comments that have nothing to do with this issue..whys that then?Rules
are rules right?lol.I have read the comments now...by the way.:cheez

Marche
June 10, 2012, 08:32 AM
To begin I must say that the only one who has the chance to discover the illusion is Erza.
In fact even Natsu with his smell or Bixlow (even if he can see the souls) has not noticed the illusion, otherwise they would have already made a move.
Erza could do that (even if in the truth I think that even her is not able to see it) because we have not see her reaction to Luxus beating.
Gerard don’t even see the match, perhaps Meldy and Urtear will see it and in someway they will be able to communicate to Fairy Tail how the things are.
But to the tell the truth I don’t even think this.

I think it’s important what Mavis says here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/53902026/17.
Who know perhaps this is what there is written in Lumen Histoire, so for this reason in someway Lumen Histoire will be activated (I don’t think by Mavis, but naturally), so perhaps he could give protection and power to Luxus, just like Tenrou Tree, or perhaps it will stop the illusion.
But in the truth I don’t believe this, because I don’t think that we will know what is it Lumen Histoire yet, it’s too early, beside I don’t even think that Luxus will beat all the members of Raven Tail alone and right now.
For that very reason I don’t even believe that the members of Raven Tail will be discovered right now, otherwise they would be expelled by the tournament.
Beside I believe that Lumen Histoire more that in this case has something to do with what Sage Aug says here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/258/5 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/258/6, I believe this even because this talk happened in the same chapter in which Makarov shows to Gildlzarts the “Lumen Histoire”.

I don’t know why none of the audience can see the real member of Raven Tail or the real Luxus, but I believe that the copies are in the truth piece of paper created by Ivan.
I thought this from the moment in which we saw the masked man (even in the truth after the last chapter I started to think that I was wrong), I thought that the masked man was the truth Ivan that thanks to the paper he transferred a bit of his power in that paper (I thought that Ivan transferred only a little bit of his power, not all, just like happened in Naruto with Itachi and Kisame at the beginning of the 2nd part, thanks to Nagato power).

I infact believed that his magic is very similar to that of Kain Hikaru, except for the fact that Ivan’s doll of paper take the form and the power (just as I said I think only a bit) of the dependent that is copied, while for Hikaru is the opposite, in the dependent that take the properties of the doll http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/226/14http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/226/15.

For the title of the next chapter I believe in two possibilities.
The first is that Luxus will thought about the past, when he was a kid or even to his attempt to take Master’s position, then at the end of the chapter he will say that his real family are the member of Fairy Tail (just like Natsu said after that Luxus failed Fairy Law), he will even say that he will not consider Ivan part of his family anymore.
But I would not like this, in fact I believe that will be something related to Mavis words in the first panel here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/53902026/17.
In fact I believe that Luxus will be able to knocking out Flare and perhaps even Nullpuding almost immediately (if as I believe Obra will not be able to intercept his attacks).
Then I believe that something will happened.

Perhaps in fact after knocking out the real body the illusion (that I believe are made by piece of paper, just like I said above) will disappeared while the real body will be revealed to the battlefield.
But just as I said above I don’t think that Raven Tail will be discovered yet, even if there is some probability, in fact they could be discovered and arrested so Fairy Tail’s wizard will decrease their vigilance, so Arcadias will be able kidnap Lucy.

So perhaps after knocking out Flalre and Nullpuding, the real bodies will switch places with the illusion, that in the meanwhile would have returned to only piece of paper.
The real body then will suffer, then after seeing Flare and Nullpuding writhing in pain the Fairy Tail wizard will understood that something is wrong, then in someway (thanks to Bixlow or perhaps because they will be warned by Urtear, Meldy and Gerard) they will discovered the trick, so they will shoot to the illusion, and with (with the shoot the paper will be wrecked=, so the original body will be switched with the piece of paper.

With this the illusion will be stopped, then only the original Luxus (if even the fake Luxus will be shooted) and the real Ivan (which I believe he will puts the mask on) will remain on the battlefield.
Then the match could end in a draw, if 30 minutes would have already passed, or otherwise Luxus will knocking out Ivan, counting that Ivan could lose concentration, because he may be distracted by the fact that the illusion is gone.

But perhaps after being injured by Luxus, Flare could lose her mind, she could became crazy (just like happened against Lucy), if she will not be ko, so in someway she could do something that would dispel the illusion.

Anyways I don’t thik that the match will end in chapter 287, perhaps everything this fight could take even part of the chapter 288.

P.S: I would not really give too much credit to what Ivan said at the end.
In fact I believe Ivan says these because defeat Fairy Tail is the goal of his guild, while the other guild have not that goal.
In fact (even if perhaps he could have spell that would annul Fairy Law and/or Fairy Glitter) Flare that counting that she is in Raven Tai should be an anti-fairy tail tail guild has been outclasassed by Lucy, a member of Fairy Tail.

Edelheld
June 10, 2012, 08:57 AM
I'm interested on what Erza and Jesus would do for a simple reason: At some point, the illusion must end. At some point, something strange will happen to end the match.
I mean...It's Ivan so stupid of letting Laxus go after this to tell everyone how He's cheating? Even If Laxus is proud, something will say. So there is no going back. And if Lumen Etoile is what they search for, I doubt they just give up for the match. They will beat him up and do SOMETHING ELSE.
That's why I'm interested on the rest. Because we're not "in" the tournament anymore. From this point onward, the plot should move according to events and not the tournament itself.

Exactly what Uriel said, it's not about whether Laxus will win or lose cause regardless Iwan isn't about to continue these games any longer with the move he just pulled ...

Everyone is interested in what others will do because frankly, Laxus should lose this. Ivan alone should be far enough above Laxus to take it easily. Add in the rest, especially Obra, and all chance should be lost. So speculating on what Laxus will do is difficult to envision, as it boils down to speculating on how badly he'll lose.
When Erza had her showtime - everyone talked about her awesomeness. When Laxus is having his showtime - everyone just say "Nah, he'll lose, now back to Erza". We all waited for Laxus' match up and when it finally happened - nobody cares. Doesn't that bothers anyone?
If you all somehow missed it - it's one of the main events in whole manga. We've waited that "father and son face to face" since the introduction of Ivan. And all you can do is just argue about what others would do? All that illusion steals your attention from a simple fact that it's F*CKING LAXUS VS. IVAN. But you all seem to not care. And this is sad =(
You wonder what others would do? I can play that game. I personally wonder what this guy on the left of Raven Tail's intro picture is doing.
http://images.wikia.com/fairytail/images/b/be/Wizard_Guild_Raven_Tail.jpg

Maybe it's his illusion that he casts while hiding in the audience? And if someone will notice illusion and join up Laxus in fight, than he will conceal them too. And if those rescuers will win than he'll conceal that too so the RT won't be disqualified. But it's still not time for full scale FT vs. RT showdown. It's Laxus time, at least for the next chapter. If Laxus will lose - he will lose both for real and in illusion, so when he'll tell what happened - only FT will believe him. And it's quite possible that RT story is a setback for the next arc so RT will step back in a shadow for a while and tournament will continue with Wendy vs. Chelia fight =) And what "SOMETHING ELSE" might happen? First thought coming in my mind was "Oh my, Kurohebi will raep Laxus?!?!?" and that keeps bothering me =(
And we all wanted to see tag team fights on the day 4 but the tournament will end? =(
But of course you likely right because it's already obvious that in manga Erza is the constant winner and Laxus is the strongest loser. Well, Erza actually has better ass than Laxus to make her asspull victories but it's still not fair.

Shadoguardian
June 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
Personal Prediction for this battle:
* One of 4 possible outcomes:

* Laxus beats them all (personally I think that is unlikely);
* Laxus beats them, but his illusion-Laxus loses, so Team B gets 0 points;
* Laxus beats the other 4 but loses too Ivan (can't imagine Laxus losing to anyone else);
* Someone from outside figures out that an illusion is taking place and dispells it, disqualifying Raven Tail;
* Laxus either breaks the illusion from within, or somehow sends a signal through the illusion, revealing what is happening and exposing Raven Tail (also unlikely since it's not his style to tattle tale).

Personal Prediction for next Battle:
* Team Fairy Tail A vs. Lamia Scale. Possible match-ups are:

* Gray vs Lyon (Ice-Make Mage rivalry);
* Wendy vs. Chelia (Clumsy Girl (or Dojikko) battle)

Ifrit
June 10, 2012, 10:55 AM
But of course you likely right because it's already obvious that in manga Erza is the constant winner and Laxus is the strongest loser. Well, Erza actually has better ass than Laxus to make her asspull victories but it's still not fair.

I just came from work. Thank you.

This one made my day. All I can say is that I really hope Laxus will win on his own, Simply beat a freaking full guild by himself. Elfman got beat up so bad from one guy and up until now he is not recovered ?

Wow Erza didn't even take a rest for one day she stayed there. This is your point here. The 2 that never lost a 1 on 1 battle

Natsu

Erza

Mashima favorites.

My most favorite prediction Ivan beat Laxus, and brainwash him. down the line let us see Laxus on the other side. Perhaps we get lucky enough this time that he will end up fighting Erza aka wonder women not Natsu. And see what type of ass-pull required here for her win.

matzik1212
June 10, 2012, 11:11 AM
The chapter was good

I was a little freaked out seeing Laxus beaten like that and then i was kinda confused when i saw him standing while watching himself getting beaten lol . I'm glad those were illusions though . :D

Next chapter i think we'll see Laxus winning :nod I know it seems impossible but i liked the look on his face . He's determined to win this and he is a changed man. After him getting banned from the guild he changed in a good way . Now he sees FT as a real family and cares for his teammates , that's why i think the title for next week's chapter refers exactly to that . FT changed Laxus and he's gonna win against RT for the guild's sake :nod

Ifrit
June 10, 2012, 12:52 PM
Raven Tail's got this shit on LOCKDOWN!!!
this is one of the few mangas that leaves me in suspense!!!
I hope we get see FTB help laxus out.
Gajeel vs Kurohebi
Mirajane vs Nullpuding
Juvia vs Flare
Cana vs Obra
Is anyonel else getting a Phantom Lord nostalgia arc??

IMO. If the next chapter is going to include some1 helping Laxus in this fight I rather it will be

Freed, Bixlow, and Evergreen (Don't mind to through Mira or Lisanna) seriously why casting these cool characters away ?

I would like to see more spot light to other members. Even MAX put a good fight and showed some nice skills against Natsu.

My excitement about this tournament is to see other mages in action not the same ones all over again.

decadoh
June 10, 2012, 02:01 PM
So rufu's magic is like the sharingan. copying the technique of the enemy :D Mashima used memory make/sharingan to copy from kishi. LOL. Plus, Alexie and Laxus fighting inside a genjutsu! Joke.

Good chapter. the tension is really building up. the sub-plots in this arc is really interesting. and damn, badass laxus is badass!

Anti-fairy tail, huh? Next chapter we'll see how FT mops the floor with RT.

One problem I saw, it seems that Makarov is weak against genjustus, cough illusions, to not to be able to see through it.

NAM61
June 10, 2012, 04:23 PM
the guy who made lucy lose will probably try and drop laxus magic to zero and they will all gang up on him. until the other member of fairy tail show up and help him. this guy also uses the weird black cat and did not want to use his true power so he will probably be strong.

Dracula
June 10, 2012, 05:34 PM
If you think, Laxus have really no chance of winning. 1st he can't use magic since Obra is going to just nullify it. Except on the Fairy Law case, It's not even sure if 3 FT Magics can be cancelled. 2nd, Let's say Laxus can't use magic so he'll fight physically, no matter how strong he is he can't fight those 5 with just hist fist or whatnot.

Kuza
June 10, 2012, 05:50 PM
Ye obra is hard dude to deal with, plus Ivan is supposed to be kinda strong since he's Makarovs' son. I'd prefer sabertooth to interfere and save the day more than ft stand in. Anyways there are plenty of ways for this illusion to be broken: Natsu's/Gajeel's/Wendy's noses, Erza/Bixlow eyes, Magic councils skills, Minerva skills, Ultear+Meredy from outside, and ofc there is some epic rabbit in blue pegasus :> If to think about the one with Ultear is most possible and in that case Jellal must go in and probably get disposed.. Would be a nice twist. Otherways it's gonna be epic even if Laxus would take them 1v5.

Dracula
June 10, 2012, 05:58 PM
Personal Prediction for this battle:
* One of 4 possible outcomes:

* Laxus beats them all (personally I think that is unlikely);
* Laxus beats them, but his illusion-Laxus loses, so Team B gets 0 points;
* Laxus beats the other 4 but loses too Ivan (can't imagine Laxus losing to anyone else);
* Someone from outside figures out that an illusion is taking place and dispells it, disqualifying Raven Tail;
* Laxus either breaks the illusion from within, or somehow sends a signal through the illusion, revealing what is happening and exposing Raven Tail (also unlikely since it's not his style to tattle tale).

Personal Prediction for next Battle:
* Team Fairy Tail A vs. Lamia Scale. Possible match-ups are:

* Gray vs Lyon (Ice-Make Mage rivalry);
* Wendy vs. Chelia (Clumsy Girl (or Dojikko) battle)

Out of you 4 possibilities I find the 2nd one most like to happen. He beats the 4 of them but loses to Ivan.

If someone would help or save laxus, I wished It's Gildarts~

I also find the : Laxus breaks the illusion and exposing Raven tail and thus disqualifying them.

Expected Matches :

- It's Lyon VS Rufus, then Lyon would lose the fight but have acquired some info regarding "Memory Make" and tell it to Gray.
- Gray VS Lyon? Boring, plus Gray would surely win since he can't lose a second time right.
- Wendy VS Blendy, I expected this especially when Mashima post some picture of Blendy on his Twitter recently but I prefer Wendy to fight Minerva of Sabretooth.
- Natsu VS Sting and Gajeel VS Rouge - Expected and most awaited fight.

NAM61
June 10, 2012, 06:22 PM
the big rabbit who could he be he probably is strong to be hidden would be interesting if its zeref or gildarts

-Ken-
June 10, 2012, 06:36 PM
I'm actually kind of disappoint in Jura and Lyon. For a "trump card" they sure don't bring that many points to their team.

Oh, and next up after this match is Fairy Tail A vs Lamia Scale?

Sakuja
June 10, 2012, 07:17 PM
Some people mentioned jellal jumping in and saving the day, but getting exposed.
i dont think this would be very likely cause this would lead to disqualification of Fairy Tail B if not even both A and B

1337 haxor
June 10, 2012, 08:06 PM
Laxus will take down the 4 RT members, however, he will lose to Ivan.

Even then so, he will break the illusion and everybody will see Aizen Ivan was the one fighting Laxus.

Because masters are forbidden to take part on the tournament and because they sent 5 opponents on a 1x1 match RT will be disqualified.

DEATHBOTT
June 10, 2012, 10:21 PM
I'm actually kind of disappoint in Jura and Lyon. For a "trump card" they sure don't bring that many points to their team.

Oh, and next up after this match is Fairy Tail A vs Lamia Scale?

what are you talking about? lyon came third in the only event he has entered in which nalpugg probably cheated and rufus used his hax magic, while jura had to fight a another wizard saint and still managed to win and came 3rd in his competition only because erza took advantage of her position and cana used an incredibly hax magic. he completely obliterated any of the other contestants scores. i get he probably would have lost his fight against jellel if it hadnt been interrupted but losing to a wizard saints most powerful attack doesn't mean you are not powerful yourself. and jellel isnt even a ft member so jura should have been going up against much weaker foes.

thousandIN1
June 10, 2012, 10:25 PM
I guess we should give Laxus the benefit of the doubt.
we always knew Ivan was a dirty cheater.
at the same time i never really considered Laxus a main chraracter, i consider Makarov(maybe even Mavis, maybe) more of main character(s). but i just can't see Laxus defeating all of them, Ivan said that they were Raven's elite which i would classify under S-class. I would say Jellel maybe has a bit more of a chance.
Anyways here's my prediction

before raven raven tail can gang up on Laxus he's already behind Obra which he tries to Lightning Hook but the black creature absorbs the attack, which surprises Laxus, then he's struck in the back by Nullpuding and falls on his knee. taking advantage Kurohebi starts to suck Laxus into a pit of quicksand. Already half way down, Flare's hair starts forming into a thick chain and wraps it around Laxus neck using hair magic "Hair Anchor". As Ivan is walking by he casually insults his son "stupid son, do you want another chance to live?" Laxus gives no reply, just head down. then we see like a mini flashback of Laxus and Ivan when they were younger and Ivan was mean at Laxus and never there for him because he was always on missions like gildartz and when he did see him he'd beat or berate him. Ivan says "so...?" and yanks Laxus by the collar and at that very moment Laxus uses that momentum and Electric Headbutts him in the face sending him crashing away. Raven Tail is shocked but try to gang up on him. Laxus is moving at light speed(faster than Alexei was in the fake illusion) and clotheslines Flare but she dodges and hits Kurohebi which sends him flying further to the stadium wall. Flare is now in the air, she comes in diving with two large angel wings and stinger. Laxus dodges her hair magic "Queen B.E.E.S." (beheading execution extinction strike) after he dodges it he notices the ground has melted where she landed. Kurohebi mimics Orga's Black Lightning magic and throws "120black Lightning Canon" knowing that black lightning tastes horrible and reduces lightning dragon slayer power and Nullpuding goes in at the same time. after the 120mmblc clears up we see Laxus eating it and stating he's built and immunity and it's his favorite type. Nullpuding is grabbed by the head and slammed hard onto the ground causing sparks to fly. Flare throws some Hair Sickles but he rips through them and looks like he's gonna punch her but instead is so quick he goes around and Electric Suplexes her. Kurohebi gets an Lightning Uppercut. Obra teleports to where Ivan is and before he can do anything Laxus fires a huge wide electric lightning beam and all we see is a huge flash bang. And Laxus says to his dad “shitty pops I don’t remember dying a first time” “but I’ll remember killing all of you”

next chapter

Shadoguardian
June 10, 2012, 10:55 PM
Out of you 4 possibilities I find the 2nd one most like to happen. He beats the 4 of them but loses to Ivan.

If someone would help or save laxus, I wished It's Gildarts~

I also find the : Laxus breaks the illusion and exposing Raven tail and thus disqualifying them.

Expected Matches :

- It's Lyon VS Rufus, then Lyon would lose the fight but have acquired some info regarding "Memory Make" and tell it to Gray.
- Gray VS Lyon? Boring, plus Gray would surely win since he can't lose a second time right.
- Wendy VS Blendy, I expected this especially when Mashima post some picture of Blendy on his Twitter recently but I prefer Wendy to fight Minerva of Sabretooth.
- Natsu VS Sting and Gajeel VS Rouge - Expected and most awaited fight.

I find that the match-ups in bold are highly unlikely, since each team fights once each day, and Sabertooth already fought against Blue Pegasus that day. Also Rufus has already fought this day. Next current day match has to be between Team Fairy Tail A and Lamia Scale.

Krono
June 11, 2012, 12:43 AM

Just a thought...

Possible, but unlikely. Arcadios needs to wait for 7/7 for his plan. It's currently 7/3 or 7/4. Plus that'd end the tournament portion of the arc and it's related sub plots. And it's difficult to see Raven Tail getting exposed resulting in a general brawl that results in the match ups that would have otherwise occurred in the tournament.

Another thing to consider is that if Raven Tail is ejected from the tournament as a result of this, it'll make things difficult if the tournament continues. You'd then only have 7 guilds, which would mean for the battle portion of day 4, one guild would have to fight twice which would give them an unfair advantage.

The only way to avoid that, is to either have Raven Tail not exposed here, have some other team ejected as well, or do what you suggest and end the tournament for Arcadios's plans and related chaos.

When Erza had her showtime - everyone talked about her awesomeness. When Laxus is having his showtime - everyone just say "Nah, he'll lose, now back to Erza". We all waited for Laxus' match up and when it finally happened - nobody cares. Doesn't that bothers anyone?

It doesn't bother me particularly. People talked about Erza's awesomeness, because in the space of the chapter she challenged all 100 monsters, kicked ass, and ended the chapter victorious. All Laxus really did this chapter was stand around and do a bit of trash talking with Ivan. Actual actions on his part has been left to next chapter. And since it's 5 vs 1, and one guy has hax, and another should be significantly stronger than him, there's very little expectation for him winning, and with all the time spent on Fairy Tail going "does not compute" and watching for Raven Tail cheating, there's very little expectation of interference not occuring either. Which naturally leads to speculation on how that interference will occur. Which given the illusion nature of what's happening, leads to speculation about characters that have means of noticing the illusion. So plenty of other things to speculate upon (seeing as "why doesn't anyone see through it" is also people looking for plot holes) for what people other than Laxus will be doing.

I just came from work. Thank you.

This one made my day. All I can say is that I really hope Laxus will win on his own, Simply beat a freaking full guild by himself. Elfman got beat up so bad from one guy and up until now he is not recovered ?

Wow Erza didn't even take a rest for one day she stayed there. This is your point here. The 2 that never lost a 1 on 1 battle

Natsu

Erza

Mashima favorites.

My most favorite prediction Ivan beat Laxus, and brainwash him. down the line let us see Laxus on the other side. Perhaps we get lucky enough this time that he will end up fighting Erza aka wonder women not Natsu. And see what type of ass-pull required here for her win.

1) Ivan should be at Gildart's level or above, so Laxus winning alone is highly unlikely.
2) What definition are you using for "lost"? Because 1v1, Natsu has lost vs Aria, Fukurou, Laxus, Gildarts, and Zancrow, and Erza lost vs Jose, and technically Jellal. Not to mention many of Natsu's "1v1" victories included aid from a teammate, so they technically wouldn't be 1v1.
3) The most Ivan's likely going to be able to do to Laxus after winning is remove his DS lacrima.

Oh, and as for Elfman, go back and look at Bacchus (whose magic is pooling power in his palms to increase his striking power) stomping on the cart. Notice that Bacchus has his hand on his knee throughout the sequence. In other words Bacchus used a palm strike channeled through his leg to wreck the carts. Elfman likely had to tank hundreds of such blows. Not surprising he'd be out of it for more than a day.

Dracula
June 11, 2012, 01:41 AM
I find that the match-ups in bold are highly unlikely, since each team fights once each day, and Sabertooth already fought against Blue Pegasus that day. Also Rufus has already fought this day. Next current day match has to be between Team Fairy Tail A and Lamia Scale.

I see but I'm not talking about the matches in the next day but about the incoming fights in this arc. :)

russell
June 11, 2012, 09:21 AM
Y is everyone so obsessed over Fairy Law i understand its some incredible magic but just because some knows it doesn't mean they will just resort it every time just 2 win a duel or something.

Airgrimes
June 11, 2012, 09:59 AM
Y is everyone so obsessed over Fairy Law i understand its some incredible magic but just because some knows it doesn't mean they will just resort it every time just 2 win a duel or something.
why would they not?

lionheart555
June 11, 2012, 10:25 AM
I've thought long and hard about it, and I can only come to the conclusion that Raven Tail either has some motive that is not dependent on the completion of the games or they are so confident (to the point of foolishness) that they believe they can attack Laxus, and neutralize him in such a way that they could continue to participate in the games.

I have a feeling Laxus will light up the stadium this next round. Or, as someone mentioned earlier, Mavis, Jellal, or another talented mage will notice the illusion deception. And even if Laxus is defeated/falls in the next chapter, the setup screams battle over for Raven Tail. At least in terms of their tournament chances.

REN KOUEN
June 11, 2012, 10:41 AM
either way as long as raven tail ends up getting the shit kicked out of them i will be happy

which inevitably will happen !!!

Edelheld
June 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
It doesn't bother me particularly. ...
You absolutely right. But I'm not against talking about Erza and who might help Laxus and see through the illusion. The problem is that it's virtually the only thing people reflect upon(except for rabbit dude). No exploring on Laxus/Ivan relationships, no "Ivan was mean to Laxus - No, you wrong, Laxus actually asked Makarov to return Ivan back to the guild", no imagining on what flashbacks will be like(up to POST #110), no thinking why Laxus sought Ivan to be right in Ivan/Makarov conflict before etc. And some of that might be revealed to us next chapter, we might finally know why Ivan was expelled from the FT. But all people seem to talk are other characters and reflect upon Laxus and Ivan only in terms of winning the fight.
So there is more of other things to speculate upon but no one does.

hoeru
June 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
Well, but there is not much to read into FT to "jump to the conclusion" that Elsa's eye is that special and able to see through visual illusions. It's already canon (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/12214/fairy-tail_ch155_by_i-eat-manga/18). ;)

The question is if Mashima again mess up his own pre-time skip rules, as he already surprisingly made Gajeel go sick on the Chariot to balance the odds.

I think if Elsa is to help Luxus, she'll take out Obra.

1337 haxor
June 11, 2012, 03:30 PM
Well, but there is not much to read into FT to "jump to the conclusion" that Elsa's eye is that special and able to see through visual illusions. It's already canon (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/12214/fairy-tail_ch155_by_i-eat-manga/18). ;)

The question is if Mashima again mess up his own pre-time skip rules, as he already surprisingly made Gajeel go sick on the Chariot to balance the odds.

I think if Elsa is to help Luxus, she'll take out Obra.

Enters fridge brilliance that Erza screwed up her eye on her fight and is wearing a bandage over it.

hoeru
June 11, 2012, 04:34 PM
Enters fridge brilliance that Erza screwed up her eye on her fight and is wearing a bandage over it.

What do you mean? Elsa's eyes were not harmed in the Pandemonium. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/285/9) There's only a head bandage and some plasters on her nose and cheeks. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/286/8)

zerocooldx
June 11, 2012, 04:53 PM
either way as long as raven tail ends up getting the shit kicked out of them i will be happy

which inevitably will happen !!!

I don't see that happening any time soon. Otherwise what was the point of even having Raven Tail participate in the Grand Magic Games from an author's standpoint to begin with? The only way this works is if Raven Tail does end up getting close to what they are after, they don't have to completely succeed but they won't utterly fail either. Putting Raven Tail into the Grand Magic Games just for them to get caught and then stomped from all sides is rather pointless. It would server absolutely no plot purposes whats so ever. Its kind of inevitable that Raven Tail will have a certain amount of success.

Ninja_Pirate
June 11, 2012, 11:53 PM
I pretty much got the same intent from Mashima ----

Erza"All 100 will be my opponent"
Laxus "I will take all of you at once" ....
Laxus"Master's enemy is my enemy" ... simply kick ass

Its definitely time for Laxus to shine... Its his first fight after he turned loyal towards guild ... he will not fail for sure

If erza can pull something like that against monsters whose strength were so hyped in the chapter... However I understand that its a guild and they all are guild elites with everyone having some weird magic up his sleeve ....

I think Laxus will break the illusion as he has done it previously (mystogun vs Laxus) .... before doing that he will have some continuous beating and as the illusion was about to collapse Raven tail members will be alarmed and will go to their respective places and people will still only gonna see Alexes vs Laxus ... And finally in one on one (since Ivan will not take the risk of being under that mask after the illusion breaks) Laxus will win... and people will not be surprised seeing Laxus all beaten up since during illusion anyways everyone is seeing him getting the beating... only few will understand the situation and will realize what Laxus has pulled off ...

Knowing everything Makarov will decide not to tell the council yet and will tell them once the tournament is over... thus the tournament will continue with RT being a part of it...

amizou
June 12, 2012, 04:29 AM
I don't see that happening any time soon. Otherwise what was the point of even having Raven Tail participate in the Grand Magic Games from an author's standpoint to begin with? The only way this works is if Raven Tail does end up getting close to what they are after, they don't have to completely succeed but they won't utterly fail either. Putting Raven Tail into the Grand Magic Games just for them to get caught and then stomped from all sides is rather pointless. It would server absolutely no plot purposes whats so ever. Its kind of inevitable that Raven Tail will have a certain amount of success.

The point for all of that is to show how strong Laxus is, from the start of Fairy Tail he was hyped a lot but we didnt see him doing anything special and the time has come to show us what he is really capable of

Zeltrax
June 12, 2012, 06:37 AM
Laxus taking out the entire raven tail and permanently kicking them out of the story will be the biggest plot twist of Fairy Tail ever.

Kauia
June 12, 2012, 06:42 AM
I'm just excited for what happens when Laxus shines. I just find bad characters becoming one of the good guys much more charming and cool like Gajeel or Laxus. As for the fight, I don't really care for how it'll turn out but I'm sure and hoping it would be epic.

I just know... its an entire Laxus chapter making the whole stage his!

As for the fight, I think its either Laxus wins against the raven tail members but the illusion would be believed making Fair Tail B lose or it could also end with a draw, something where RT should have been disqualified. BUT with how RT managed to cheat their way through the games, I also believed that any attempts that should have them kicked out of the games would be rendered null. There might actually be dealings between Arcadios and RT so i believe he may do something to cover for RT.

Of course, the latter happening would just make FT be much more guarded against RT. It would also serve as another reasoning where Arcadios might use another opportunity; not the third day; another day where RT and FT fights, chaos that manages to involve that would involve the audience, kidnap Lucy. I am thinking she should be kidnapped somewhere during the fifth, the sixth or morning of the seventh day.

If Laxus fights the RT. I think it would be too presuming that RT go all out. It would be too much if we see all RT members' skills. We've seen Flare's skill so her being defeated by Laxus is reasonable. If Laxus defeats them, it would be because he surprised them and caught them off guard giving them no chance to do something.

Xguard
June 12, 2012, 11:20 AM
I'm quite sure that Itachi will be resurrected by Edo Tensei and release these illusions after Luxus defeat someone but take too much damage and going to lose. hahaha

I think that it may possible that RT will be disqualified. Because their score is really high. And after next day, their plan may interrupt this tournament. So FT cannot fight til the end but already prove themselves before other eyes by real fighting for other sake. ^^

Airgrimes
June 12, 2012, 11:46 AM
The point for all of that is to show how strong Laxus is, from the start of Fairy Tail he was hyped a lot but we didnt see him doing anything special and the time has come to show us what he is really capable of

He was a beast in his intro fight what are you talking about lol.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 12, 2012, 12:17 PM
I don't know if it will be good if Luxus takes out entire Raven Tail. I believe it would be more interesting see him taking down one or two of them while being pushed back by others, but then someone understands that it's illusion and then breasking it and making Raven Tail get away.
I believe Raven Tail will flee making some plan to get Lumen Etoile and Grand Magic Games continues and then we'll see that event that happened in Charlie's premonition.

zerocooldx
June 12, 2012, 12:49 PM

I'm pretty sure we all saw how strong Laxus was when he took on Hades and managed to do more to him then the rest of Fairy Tail combined. If this was about just showing off how strong Laxus is then put him up against Orga or Jura or someone like that in a real match.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Laxus taking out the entire raven tail and permanently kicking them out of the story will be the biggest plot twist of Fairy Tail ever.

Except i bet that Iwan alone ends up being stronger then Laxus. There is a reason why we haven't see the guys power and why Raven Tail is the only Dark Guild that isn't under the control or influence of the (former?) Balam Alliance. If Iwan was some push over Raven Tail would have been taken out by this point. Yet as we can see no one has been able to touch them really, and that includes in these past seven years. Just because they use "underhanded" tactics doesn't make them weak.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 12, 2012, 01:29 PM
I agree that everyone should know that we know that Luxus is strong from his fights, especially from his last fight against Hades. I also agree that Ivan should be stronger than Luxus, otherwise there won't be that much point in him being the Master of one of the most problematic opponents in the long run for the Fairy Tail if he and all his Guild can be taken by Luxus alone. I hope we'll see RT in the next Arc that will explain what is Lumen Etoile and why it is so important to FT and all the plot.
P.S. If RT is a special anti-FT Guild, then it won't be that easy for FT, especially if they won't have Guildarts with them.

1337 haxor
June 12, 2012, 06:05 PM
Obra and Kurohebi are the only vanguards Laxus might have trouble with.

Puffer and hair magic wont do much against a guy who can blast things with thunder and move at lighting speed.

Kurohebi can mimic Laxus attacks but I doubt he has the same strenght that the original.

The problem is Obra who could cancel a powerful magic like Uranometria without any noticeable effort.

Ivan is the hope killer, there is no doubt that even if Laxus brings down all the four RT members his father will beat him regardless if it takes him a great amount of effort.

Laxus only chance is for the illusion to be broken so that Raven Tail will be exposed and surrounded by several guild masters and high level mages.

lionheart555
June 12, 2012, 10:33 PM
Here is a possibility I recently considered that I think is a much better alternative to the one we're all not too thrilled about: Laxus having his ass handed to him.

It seems to me that Ivan conjured this illusion awfully quickly, all things considered. i don't think it was up prior to their fight, so it must have been case sometime shortly before he and Laxus stepped onto the field. Of course the fake "Ivan" that everyone else is seeing could have been there all along. I'm thinking if this is the case, it's possible that Laxus gets the upper hand, but Ivan changes the illusion quickly to allow himself a quick retreat. As for what the illusion could be that could give him a legit escape that would leave little evidence, I'm not too sure.

Oh, and as for the fake Laxus's injuries, Ivan could easily dish those out if he is as strong as everyone says before casting a second illusion. In this way he can get away and Laxus would have a hard time proving the match was rigged. In this way, we don't really see Laxus get pounded, and the tournament can still continue with Raven Tail as I agree, it's still a bit early for them to bow out due to cheating.

SlayerKisame
June 13, 2012, 12:56 AM
Iwan's underlings, from what we've seen, are not all that strong. Iwan on the other hand we have no idea about. It shouldn't surprise you or anyone that Laxis could potentially take them all out, he is not weak, he never was. I just don't get why people think Laxus is Elfman-type fodder. People have debated time and time again that Laxus is stronger than Natsu alone. He lost to FT members in the Fighting Festival arc after a 1v1 with Mystogan, 2v1 with Natsu and Erza, and finally a 2v1 with Natsu and Gajeel - ALL back to back. He is a *expletive* beast.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 13, 2012, 03:31 AM
He is a beast and I believe his father knows his limits more or less. The problem for Luxus will be actually that he will be fighting against several oponents at the same time who also like to use some unfair tricks. Also Obra's magic seems to work to cancel abilities of his oponents, thus it might be very difficult for him to win especially because even if your oponents aren't that strong, but one of them can cancel any of your spells - that will be a damn difficult fight.
Also it seems that if Luxus will try to stomp them from the start with his insane speed of Lightning and his power... then he might take one or two of them before Obra will proceed to cancel his magic, but nontheless I believe we'll have an interesting chapter.

P.S. The thing I really want to see is the upcoming talk between Luxus and Makarov oabout Lumen Etoile as Luxus was targeted by his father because of its secret.

amizou
June 13, 2012, 03:49 AM
He was a beast in his intro fight what are you talking about lol.

What intro fight, we never saw him took big shots, always hyped as a very strong mage and now is the time to show us what he is capable of, compare him to what Erza has done and you will understand what i mean.

MONKEYS
June 13, 2012, 04:55 AM
I know everybody has said it before me, but that's because everybody has to say it: Laxus is badass.

Okay, a few things:
1. Erza won't see through the illusion. Think about it, Jellal interacted with her through his illusion (Sieg rain) for 10 years and she still thought he was Jellal's brother. Whether this means illusions affect her when her real eye is open, or whether it's like Aizen's (from Bleach) Kyoka Suigetsu (has you under the spell if you see it when it is first cast), I don't know. I'm going for the latter, but then again, when would Erza ever have winked at Sieg rain?
2. I assume by the way Iwan was talking, and by his actions that (a), he's planning to ditch the competition after this match, or (b) he's planning to abduct Laxus. Just having him lose and letting him go wouldn't be a good idea, since Laxus would just tell FT about the whole thing, and frankly, Iwan seems smarter than that.
I sense some misfortune for Laxus in the near future.

REN KOUEN
June 13, 2012, 02:57 PM
damn friday hurry up and get here!!! i cannot wait until this weeks chapter is released!!!

its not going to be an easy fight for laxus

thousandIN1
June 13, 2012, 03:39 PM
hopefully laxus causes some serious damage but pretends to get knocked out and gets taken to their hideout/tournament building so that way FTA can get some clues as to why they wanted Lucy. Because Arcadios still needs to put his plan into action and that requires more days to come. so i think he'll make and agreement with Iwan and get him in his plan. Thereby capturing Lucy then he might the info he needs.

Zehahaha
June 13, 2012, 04:17 PM
I know everybody has said it before me, but that's because everybody has to say it: Laxus is badass.

Okay, a few things:
1. Erza won't see through the illusion. Think about it, Jellal interacted with her through his illusion (Sieg rain) for 10 years and she still thought he was Jellal's brother. Whether this means illusions affect her when her real eye is open, or whether it's like Aizen's (from Bleach) Kyoka Suigetsu (has you under the spell if you see it when it is first cast), I don't know. I'm going for the latter, but then again, when would Erza ever have winked at Sieg rain?

That's not an illusion... It's an image, a projection to be more precise, anyone can see it. An illusion for example is what Midnight used against Erza.

THM Nindo
June 13, 2012, 09:46 PM
That's not an illusion... It's an image, a projection to be more precise, anyone can see it. An illusion for example is what Midnight used against Erza.

What Jellal used could have been an image, but what Ivan is using is clearly more than that.
It's an illusion, otherwise everyone would be able to see both the image and the real thing.

Since, people are only seeing the copies, it means it's an illusion...

REN KOUEN
June 14, 2012, 11:23 AM
surely mavis has to be seeing through this....

i couldnt imagine her , being a spirit and all, being affected by this

Zehahaha
June 14, 2012, 12:08 PM
What Jellal used could have been an image, but what Ivan is using is clearly more than that.
It's an illusion, otherwise everyone would be able to see both the image and the real thing.

Since, people are only seeing the copies, it means it's an illusion...

Didn't say anything about that, I was clarifiying what he said in his post about Jellal using illusions while it is not, especially since Jellal commented after " fusing " with that image saying that finally he's at full power now. It's as if he split himself in two if you get what I mean.

While what Midnight used is clearly an illusion, and probably Ivan is using an even greater illusion, or maybe something even more, we're not sure yet about the nature of his magic. Just wanted to show the difference between what Jellal used and an illusion.

Kuza
June 14, 2012, 04:20 PM
When i thinked about how Laxus is strong i imagined that this battle would be like 1 shot of all 4 "RT elites" and then a hardfight vs Ivan. And even Ivan wouldn't stay a chance, cause you guys remember how Laxus delivered blows on Hades and Ivan doesn't have his heart taking damage.. or does he? :D

Zsych
June 14, 2012, 05:50 PM
They have the magic suppressing dude. That's an unpromising opponent to be fighting.

thousandIN1
June 15, 2012, 12:02 AM
I have a feeling that it's not so much suppression, but sealing or absorbtion.
That black creature is strange.