PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 287 Discussion/ 288 Predictions

ghostexiled
June 08, 2012, 11:46 PM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

takarita
June 15, 2012, 03:11 AM
We have the raw here http://mangateers.com/manga/fairy-tail-raw/287/1/

:)

BlackHair
June 15, 2012, 03:28 AM
So Laxux took care of everyone? I rly hope RT was not serious, despite their wtf face panels. Especially Ivan. I expected him on Gildarts level, he better not disappoint.

Personally I have trouble reading Mashimas character expressions and damagelines. So despite their facial expression and blood (damagelines) I hope Ivan was just playing.

TauCarlos
June 15, 2012, 03:31 AM
Lol so laxus wipes the floor with them? I can accept that he beats em all, but that easily? Wonder what they're going to do abut the mismatch of teams seeing as one team out means one team has to fight twice in the next rounds

Shadoguardian
June 15, 2012, 03:31 AM
WOW!! Laxus trashed his dad so easily!! And I called it!! Dojikko Girl battle next!!

In any case, I know that with this Raven Tail will be disqualified, but I was thinking that if that's the case, would the other teams get Raven Tail points? Consider this:

Team: Current score+points from Hidden+points From Chariot+points from battle=New Total=new position

Team Sabertooth: 34+1=35=2nd
Team Mermaid Heel: 32+(4-3)+(8-6)=35=2nd
Team Lamia Scale: 26+(8-6)+(6-4)+10(day 2)=40=1st
Team Fairy Tail B: 30+(2-1)+(2-1)=32=4th
Team Fairy Tail A: 22+1+(3-2)+10(day 1)=34=3rd
Team Blue Pegasus: 18+(6-4)+(4-3)=21=5th
Team Quatro Puppy: 14+(3-2)=15=6th

I also think it's a possibility that they'll choose to knock out the one with the lowest point, being Team Quatro Puppy, to even the numbers, since they can't pair them up anymore.

TauCarlos
June 15, 2012, 03:37 AM
The look on Mavis's face doesn't bode well for Ivan as well. She looks pissed!

Ifrit
June 15, 2012, 04:04 AM
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gwah

damn...when Laxus punched Ivan I almost punched my labtop screen...that was close :teehee

Dying to find out what Makarov told Laxus, and what Ivan told Laxus in the end.

Mostly dying to find out the reason behind Jellal, Ultear, and Meredy faces in the end.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

So Laxux took care of everyone? I rly hope RT was not serious, despite their wtf face panels. Especially Ivan. I expected him on Gildarts level, he better not disappoint.

Who said Laxus isn't Gildartz level or closer ? It was said that whether who is stronger Gildartz or Makarov its debatable. However judging from Makarov Vs HADES n Laxus vs HADES. Laxus surpassed his grandfather.

Rarhyx
June 15, 2012, 04:18 AM
so RT got arrested, will lucy then get the points for her lost fight?

TauCarlos
June 15, 2012, 04:22 AM

damn...when Laxus punched Ivan I almost punched my labtop screen...that was close :teehee

Mostly dying to find out the reason behind Jellal, Ultear, and Meredy faces in the end.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Who said Laxus isn't Gildartz level or closer ? It was said that weather who is stronger Gildartz or Makarov its debatable. However judging from Makarov Vs HADES n Laxus vs HADES. Laxus surpassed his grandfather.

I don't know about that, Makarov had lost a little of his will to fight his former master whereas laxus had no such connection. Natsu and Gajeel defeated Laxus because of a similar connection, he just didn't truly have it in his heart to kill his nakama no matter how berserk he went.

What I can say though is that we clearly fell into the trap and absolutely overated RT and Ivan. Ivan shouldn't even be disliked by Gildarts, His the kind of guy you fight and forget existed after it's done.

hoeru
June 15, 2012, 04:40 AM
Congrats, Mashima-sensei for Luxus' first victory - and it's an epic one. Now I'm eager to see Lightning DS Luxus vs. Ogra.

The reason for Ulltear, Gérard and Merdi is

They sense that Zeref's power shows up.

KOrto
June 15, 2012, 04:47 AM
Mashima did not find useful to keep the guild of Ivan any longer , Raven declared its ambition and I think there will be an arc centered on Lumen histoire and at that moment they will reappear, I think the creature of Obra will act as a spy and when the time came RT will return, yes because if the role of the RT stops I would find this really lame, but the author left a door open with the magic of Obra!

Finally time to see my little Wendy in action :hee

Oh and yes Arcadios will finally make its first move ! (keep it on Mashima-Sensei ^^)

kazerua
June 15, 2012, 04:48 AM
there's gonna be a bunch of Laxus fan appear after this chapter:))

Tame
June 15, 2012, 04:59 AM
Iwan goes down in one hit? Really? That's kinda lame... I mean he's a Guild Master and Makarov's son. On the plus side, I didn't care much about this fight, so I'm glad it's over with quickly! :P And we got to see Laxus be a bad-ass, even though he seemingly only used a fraction of his power.

Anyone notice Orga's approving look on page 12? I smell a Lightning Dragon vs Black Lightning match brewing... Smells... kinda crispy.

EDIT: Damnit, next week's a Wendy chapter.

EDIT 2: If the points get reassigned retro-actively because RT have been eliminated then they'll end up going like this:
They came 2nd in Hidden, so everyone but Sabertooth (1st place) goes up one position.
FT1 will get 10 points for Lucy's fight.
They came second in Chariot, so everyone but Quatro Puppy (1st) goes up one position.
Lamia Scale gets 10 points for the second day battle portion.

I think this would put the scores as follows:
Sabertooth: 35
Mermaid Heel: 35
Lamia Scale: 34
Fairy Tail A: 34
Fairy Tail B: 22
Blue Pegasus: 21
Quatro Puppy: 15

Jorge D. Dragon
June 15, 2012, 05:01 AM
Damn! The chapter seems to be outstandinly interesting. Never expected Luxus to take the entire Raven Tail without much effort.:) Especially it seems now that he has become a real monster. So RT seems also to be disqualified, but I don't think they will be out of a game. I believe they will come back to claim Lumen Etoile.
Also it seems that Mavis is pissed or shocvked that someone managed to fool her with an illusion.
I really want to read the chapter as soon as possible.:)

Ifrit
June 15, 2012, 05:12 AM
Do you guys know what I missed this chapter... a WTF face expression from Sting. hahahahaha.

I don't think Mavis is mad because Ivan illusion tricked her. More like she either felt Zeref power as well if what hoeru said is true, or heard what Ivan told Laxus before he got arrested.

BlackHair
June 15, 2012, 05:59 AM
Who said Laxus isn't Gildartz level or closer ? It was said that whether who is stronger Gildartz or Makarov its debatable. However judging from Makarov Vs HADES n Laxus vs HADES. Laxus surpassed his grandfather.Mashima never rly explained magic and its relation. He also never went into detail when its comes to fighting. Therefore I never rly understood the powerlevel in Fairy Tail, as it seems he only cares for the outcome of the fights, but not for the battle itself.

I agree, Laxus fared better against Hades, than Macarov did. So based on that, can we assume Laxus is stronger than his grandfather? I don't know. I know for a fact that this simple power-system of A > B > C doesn't work in many manga I read. Heck, it doesn't even work with Pokemon, as far as I remember. But Im honestly not sure about Fairy Tail. Mashimas lack of explanation is one of FTs biggest flaw, imo.

Anyway, I gave up on powerscaling in FT and I rly don't care how Laxus does against Mac and Gildarts. My concern is about Ivan. He shouldn't go down with one attack. I rly hope Ivan played weak for some reason. If Mashima destroys another potential great villain, Im not seeing any future for myself with this manga.

Zehahaha
June 15, 2012, 06:15 AM
Mashima never rly explained magic and its relation. He also never went into detail when its comes to fighting. Therefore I never rly understood the powerlevel in Fairy Tail, as it seems he only cares for the outcome of the fights, but not for the battle itself.

I agree, Laxus fared better against Hades, than Macarov did. So based on that, can we assume Laxus is stronger than his grandfather? I don't know. I know for a fact that this simple power-system of A > B > C doesn't work in many manga I read. Heck, it doesn't even work with Pokemon, as far as I remember. But Im honestly not sure about Fairy Tail. Mashimas lack of explanation is one of FTs biggest flaw, imo.

Anyway, I gave up on powerscaling in FT and I rly don't care how Laxus does against Mac and Gildarts. My concern is about Ivan. He shouldn't go down with one attack. I rly hope Ivan played weak for some reason. If Mashima destroys another potential great villain, Im not seeing any future for myself with this manga.

Dunno what Ivan said at the end to Laxus, but it could be his scheme... Maybe even this defeat is staged, who knows... But too bad for Ivan, even for a villain he sucked, Erigor had still better charisma than him

sarutobi_sensei
June 15, 2012, 06:17 AM
WOW! Laxus you are the man! Damn!

He beat all of them, Makarov told him some sort of secret and now we even get RT being arrested. I'm beginning to think that they actually wanted to be arrested. I can't think that they are this weak. But well, they might be.

Mavis is pissed! Look at her face!

And then the little imp guy was going to do something. What exactly?

Now it's Wendy vs the Klutz from Lamia Scale xD

Zeref's power? Really? Wow this is going to be good :D

Krono
June 15, 2012, 06:19 AM
Who said Laxus isn't Gildartz level or closer ? It was said that whether who is stronger Gildartz or Makarov its debatable. However judging from Makarov Vs HADES n Laxus vs HADES. Laxus surpassed his grandfather.

The thing is, Laxus vs Hades says very little about Laxus's power level compared to the others. Laxus may have gotten more hits in than anyone else, but one attack that Natsu was able to casually tank brought him to hiis knees. And Laxus had the advantage of not being stunned by facing his former master like Makarov did, and of not starting the fight injured and exhausted like Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy, and Wendy did.

So we still can't say he's at Gildarts level, much less that he's surpassed Makarov.This does less to hype Laxus, and more to deflate Raven Tail and Ivan's hype and make them look like weaklings.

Especially as Raven Tail being ousted means someone has to fight twice the next day, which likely means Sabertooth's vs FTA, and Sabertooth vs FTB, and if Laxus has a real fight vs Orga instead of a curb stomp, then he definitely wouldn't be Gildarts level.

llamapie
June 15, 2012, 06:19 AM
Iwan goes down in one hit? Really? That's kinda lame... I mean he's a Guild Master and Makarov's son. On the plus side, I didn't care much about this fight, so I'm glad it's over with quickly! :P And we got to see Laxus be a bad-ass, even though he seemingly only used a fraction of his power.

Anyone notice Orga's approving look on page 12? I smell a Lightning Dragon vs Black Lightning match brewing... Smells... kinda crispy.

EDIT: Damnit, next week's a Wendy chapter.

EDIT 2: If the points get reassigned retro-actively because RT have been eliminated then they'll end up going like this:
They came 2nd in Hidden, so everyone but Sabertooth (1st place) goes up one position.
FT1 will get 10 points for Lucy's fight.
They came second in Chariot, so everyone but Quatro Puppy (1st) goes up one position.
Lamia Scale gets 10 points for the second day battle portion.

I think this would put the scores as follows:
Sabertooth: 35
Mermaid Heel: 35
Lamia Scale: 34
Fairy Tail A: 34
Fairy Tail B: 22
Blue Pegasus: 21
Quatro Puppy: 15

I think Ogra is a Lightning God Slayer, similar to the Fire God Slayer we saw last arc - but likely stronger. It will be a good match. Most of the matches are pretty obvious by now. We know gray is gonna fight that girly man guy and the swords lady from mermaid vs. Erza is inevitable as well.

Ero-Sanji
June 15, 2012, 06:38 AM
Mashima has done it again...
RT were thrashed like babies, and they have waited for so long and trained so hard only to get beaten like that. Ivan who's supposed to be the rival of Gildartz isn't even stronger than his son. Ivan is a disappointment so far.

Ifrit
June 15, 2012, 07:04 AM
what some of you are saying here doesn't make any sense to me..

Makarov Vs HADES: He was shocked to fight his previous master. This is why he was trashed. (YOU SAY)

Laxus Vs Ivan: Ivan was shocked to see what he thought as "Weak Son" strong and kicking his guild members ass, so this is why he was trashed.

Then why some of you are upset for Ivan to take that fall. Its the same thing here ...... LOL

More likely Erza fans:teehee, and now its obvious Erza is not even near Laxus level :loool

McNuss
June 15, 2012, 07:13 AM
This wasn't awesome. It was horrible. Ever since Ivan was first mentioned, we were teased with Raven Tails Powers. Up till now they were one of the favorites of the tournament. And now all of them, including their guild master were completely trashed? WTF!

I mean, right now the entire Raven Tail plot feels completely pointless! I really hope Raven Tail just played weak.

ghostexiled
June 15, 2012, 07:14 AM
Guys please remember to discuss the chapter and not start comparing who is stronger than who... we already have a couple of threads dedicated to that discussion.

Thanks!

wooticus
June 15, 2012, 07:16 AM
This isn't over, there will be another twist. Maybe the little thing that escaped is after laxus lightning dragon lacrima.. all in all i'm disappointed by the outcome a bit, because i also thought that ivan has to be at a way higher level (maybe laxus got some critical information about their powers from gajeel?).. i don't care for the other RT members because they really didn't seem to be that powerful all in all.. except for their cheating power. i'm still curious how nullpudding cheated in the first competition.

I can totally live with Laxus owning the 4 members.. well maybe it was a bit too easy, but i can't see laxus struggling one second against opponents like that girl with her hair magic who nearly lost against lucy (nothing against lucy, but laxus is a complete different level).

Maybe he also got ultear-boosted?

Darklord_NS
June 15, 2012, 07:19 AM
Fairy Tail Chapter is out at Mangateers Enjoy it

http://mangateers.com/manga/fairy-tail/287/

Krono
June 15, 2012, 07:22 AM
Then why some of you are upset for Ivan to take that fall. Its the same thing here ......

Because Makarov getting trashed hyped up the villain of the arc who'd been hooveing in the background for some time, where as Ivan getting trashed deflates the hype of a villain of the arc, and the only one of the villains who'd been hoovering in the background for some time. Rather than make it so that Laxus is at Gildarts level, it says Ivan was never even close to Gildarts level.

Kurohitsugi
June 15, 2012, 07:32 AM
This wasn't awesome. It was horrible. Ever since Ivan was first mentioned, we were teased with Raven Tails Powers. Up till now they were one of the favorites of the tournament. And now all of them, including their guild master were completely trashed? WTF!

I mean, right now the entire Raven Tail plot feels completely pointless! I really hope Raven Tail just played weak.

I agree. It's funny how a single chapter destroyed a whole arc/subplot about Raven Tail, Makarov-Ivan-Laxus and even Gajeel. No need to mention that it took out a fearsome (at least till now) team from the Tournament. It was a disappointment.

Fairy Tail's OPness makes me wanna support Sabertooth now. :-_-

abc1233
June 15, 2012, 07:42 AM
Either Ivan took the fall on purpose after realising that Laxus didn't know anything in order to try to get his son to turn against FT, or he really was that weak in which case I'll be very disappointed. Mashima doesn't really care much for power levels I know, but this is just stupid. RT and Ivan have been hyped up for so long now and when we finally get to see the father vs son match we get this? Ivan was supposed to be Gildarts' rival and Makarov's son, he managed to fool everyone in the stadium with his illusion magic including the likes of Mavis and Makarov, and yet he was essentially fodder against Laxus? Doesn't make sense.

DEATHBOTT
June 15, 2012, 07:48 AM
very disappointed by rt and especially ivan. i thought he was going to be gildartz level.... and how apart from obra were they anti fairy tail magics? i wouldnt even say obras was unless it only works on ft members. so very lame. so shelia has zerefs power? thats what i got from the last part of the chapter.

ghostexiled
June 15, 2012, 08:00 AM
It looked to me that whatever that little black imp was... it served a different purpose. When the guards were picking up Obra, they were asking what was up with him, like something was different or off about his body.

So either the imp serves Zeref or RT chose to go down... since it ended with Ivan laughing as he was being dragged off.

I personally have no issues with how this little smackdown went down. I look at the bigger picture here... this arc is strongly headed by the fact that they are trying to find out about this dark power related to Zeref, not on the feud between RT and FT.

Also, with RT not even aware that Gazzile was a spy, then it makes sense why Laxus would have the upper hand.

I don't think we have seen the last of RT and especially Ivan.

Btw, was it me or did it seem like Ivan was hinting at Fairy Tail (mainly Mavis) was somehow founded on darker means? With the way Ivan was talking and then how it showed Mavis... it made me feel that Mavis is not all the sparkles and rainbows she presents herself to be.

Tame
June 15, 2012, 08:11 AM
very disappointed by rt and especially ivan. i thought he was going to be gildartz level.... and how apart from obra were they anti fairy tail magics? i wouldnt even say obras was unless it only works on ft members. so very lame. so shelia has zerefs power? thats what i got from the last part of the chapter.

Yeah, I agree, I don't see how they're particularly "Anti-Fairy". Although Laxus' "This is for Gray", "This is for Lucy" were cool. Just wish he'd gone "This is for Toby" when he KOed Kurohebi. :P

Bowser
June 15, 2012, 08:12 AM
Fairy Tail B has been disqualified? Have I misread something or is this a mistranslation?

Tame
June 15, 2012, 08:12 AM
Fairy Tail B has been disqualified? Have I misread something or is this a mistranslation?

Lol definitely one or the other.

sarutobi_sensei
June 15, 2012, 08:14 AM
I kinda forgot that Gajeel was a double agent xD

So Makarov knew about everything? Nice :D

Laaaaaaaaaaxuuuuuuuuuuus!!!!!!! :wtf My family is Fairy Tail!!!! :gwah AWESOME!

Okay something's wrong about Shelia, Mavis knows that.

Could it be that she has been somehow possessed by Zeref?

ghostexiled
June 15, 2012, 08:14 AM
The only guild disqualified was RT for using their Master in the games, which was strictly against the rules.

sarutobi_sensei
June 15, 2012, 08:17 AM
Of course it's a mistranslation. RT has been disqualified and has been revoked of their rights to participate for the next 3 years.

So Lumen Etoile is actually connected to Zeref I believe.

But the moment Mavis noticed something about Shelia, and then Gérard, Ul and Wendy noticed something too about Zeref. What could it be? Could it be because of Shelia? Or has Zeref appeared to watch the match?

REN KOUEN
what a great chapter, laxus was a boss!!!

now we have the loli-showdown!!! i wonder what is up with mavis's expression and concern for sheila chick's magic......
it is somehow connected to zeref for sure, it seems like the shit is finally about to hit the fan

frozen18ice
is it me or the punch the luxus gave dont look like a punch he had the pose almost like fairy law looking fist stance.

i wonder if lumen etole is a dragon egg one of the last ones it could be seen as something bad for they are extinct, aside from the fact that it make sense that dragon slayers will come close to what they love.

i think evan has trying to have the whole luke skywaker effect but got a different reaction from his son telling him that we have tabs on you and we could easily done something but we just did not need to do it.

i dont think raven tail is the villein in this arc, mashima kinda hinted on that with the facial reactions of people in the past chapters, they might be a hint of whats to come still luxus got the upper hand but if that guy that takes powers was activated it would be a different story.
they mybe arrested but whats stopping them from being used by the kinght that wanted lucy and the little monkey thingy escaped the capture and i think he is the one that can take powers and its pretty much stated that lumen etolie is their goal not being the best guild in the fiore.

R3D
June 15, 2012, 08:18 AM
nice chapter , laxus tearing raven tail apart is awesome

sarutobi_sensei
June 15, 2012, 08:22 AM
Honestly I don't think that Raven Tail is that strong. The woman would have been defeated easily by Lucy if they weren't threatening Asuka-chan. That's why Lucy got a pounding cause her spirits would've defeated her. Then even if the spirits couldn't, Urano Meteriora would have done if it wasn't for Ogra's magic.

Then Gray was "defeated" because of the mirages. In a one on one fight, he wouldn't have taken damage.

Toby well, he's not from FT so who cares. The guy wasn't that strong either.

Ivan well I think there was a catch with him somewhere. Same with Ogra's real power or something. That little imp is up to no good.

They wouldn't have a chance on One vs One fights against FT to be honest. And Laxus single handedly proved that now. Take out Orga and it's easy to defeat them. Even if he takes out their magical power, Erza with her full attack sword would defeat him nearly instantly.

BlackHair
June 15, 2012, 08:26 AM
Ever since Ivans introduction (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7243-19/fairy-tail/chapter-128.html) I was waiting.
Ever since the dark guild diagram (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7246-12/fairy-tail/chapter-131.html) I expected great from Ravel Tail.
Ever since Gildartz info card (http://www.mangareader.net/135-45080-1/fairy-tail/chapter-167.html), I expected great from Ivan.

The whole guild was taken down by Laxus, who did not even break a sweat. The RT plot was taken down instantly. Now Im asking myself why did Mashiba even bother building-up the guild?! Why did he bother hyping them if he was going to defeat them in mere two chapter?!

This arc would have been interesting enough with the dark presence/Charles vision plot and Sabertooth. It wasn't necessary to put RT into the mix. Honestly by doing that, I was actually more interested in RT than the other two plots. Simply because Ivan and RT have been a issue for about 3 years, to be more exact ever since chapter 128.

Mashima promised us/me excitement with his build-up and hyping, but failed miserably in delivering. I feel totally trolled right now. Just like Bleach and Micheal Bay movies, its all about flashiness, there is no deepness in the writing. Worst chapter as for this arc. I am utterly disappointment.

In this page (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/2) he is surprised to learn that Hades is his former master. Following that Hades used his astonishment to send him flying. But after that in Panel 6 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/3) you clearly see Maks determination. Starting Panel 5 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/5) he takes him seriously, as u can see he is forming seals without hesitation.

So plz stop with this "Makarov lost because he was shocked" arguments. That is clearly not the case. Mak has been around for many decades. He must have a lot of battle experience. As such he should be able to cut off his emotion if the situation requires for it. And according to the manga he did.

Hades managed to send him flying at the beginning due to his shock, I admit that. However the rest of the fight was "fair". Mak lost because he was simply inferior. He lost in speed (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/6) (panel 2), knowledge/experience (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/9) and I believe destructive force (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/10). Hades won without having any damageline (blood, wounds, dirt), heck he wasn't even panting. The fight was clearly one-sided. And there were no signs of hesitation in Makarov nor any disadvantages, due to their master/pupil relationship.

haegar
June 15, 2012, 08:31 AM
while I acknowledge Laxus = Boss :hip and am happy for his glory it got tarnished a bit by Raven Tail being an utter disappointment. What a friggin letdown, he didn't have to go serious one bit. And a master, Makarov's son at that getting oneshotted by a slayer without even using more advanced DS attack let alone full Dragon Force? You gotta be shitting me :teehee what a whimp - and this guy felt Laxus was "too weak" back in the day? LMAO GTFO

more importantly, the Laxus hype distracts from the real shit going down here:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7921/zeref1.png
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2046/zeref.png

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8378/mavise.png

sarutobi_sensei
June 15, 2012, 08:35 AM
BlackHair, don't get your hopes down yet. They might come back and end up being more powerful than they showed, though I sincerely doubt that.

FT has been upgraded by a lot over the past 7 years. RT has probably gotten more powerful as well, but not nearly enough to be able to defeat them.

Unless this was all a ploy and they are actually stronger than they look. Though again, I sincerely doubt this is the case.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Haegar nice noticing it, but why would Zeref be masked as that imp and more importantly why would he be with RT?

ghostexiled
June 15, 2012, 08:37 AM
I still think that RT has something else going on... if not RT as a whole, Ivan mos def.

When a bad guy gets dragged off laughing... that usually means he has something else going on and or planned.

So as the old saying goes... lets not crap on the series/arc until it concludes with its current plot points. :)

Ether
June 15, 2012, 08:38 AM
Haha, no need to be so disapointed about RT, the RT plot wasn't the main plot pf this arc to begin with (the main plain being the arcadios knight's plan). I believe that this was just a little introduction of RT and that they'll be the main villain in another arc.
Nice chapter anyway, Laxus just showed us how badass he is.

sarutobi_sensei
June 15, 2012, 08:39 AM
I still think that RT has something else going on... if not RT as a whole, Ivan mos def.

When a bad guy gets dragged off laughing... that usually means he has something else going on and or planned.

So as the old saying goes... lets not crap on the series/arc until it concludes with its current plot points. :)

Agreed.

Not to mention the imp, and Mavis + Crime Sorciére noticing something and then CS saying it was the dark power they usually felt.

yellowblue
June 15, 2012, 08:48 AM
RT loosing like that is a little bit convenient. They can always do that outside the ring but why put up a show? One of their goals I guess is to sow doubt to Laxus who is also eyed as the future leader of FT. As a previous dark guild they probably also know what is really going on behind scene of this tournament. The timing of RT loss just syncs-up to what is going on in the background. Their real plan should continue while they are taken away by the guards. Perhaps they are also trying to confirm if Laxus knows something about Lumen Etoile which could possibly stop what the antagonist is brewing (which they are planning to take over or take advantage with). Lastly the anti FT team is not for Laxus but Makarov who could probably cast or use the Lumen Etoile.

... or just crazy things happen as usual. I really like the pacing though. Everyone has a screen time and not boring at the same time.

Xguard
June 15, 2012, 08:53 AM

Yes, it's mistranslated. In jap version, it's said about RavenTail was disqualified.^^

masgrande
June 15, 2012, 09:01 AM
I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Iwan and Raven Tail, they know too much about FT to be thrown out of the story and that little imp from RT got away. Am I the only one that think is was pretty dumb of Luxus to out Gajeel as a double agent?

I am curious to know if the power that Mavis felt from Chelia is the same that Ultear and the others felt. They always talked about a dark power that feels like Zeref but they have never seen what makes that power, maybe Arcadios gives some of the contestants dark powers without their knowledged.

Airgrimes
June 15, 2012, 09:04 AM
What happens when you just dont get what the epic Laxus is going on about.
Make sure you get it. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/287/9)

lionheart555
June 15, 2012, 09:23 AM
I voted epic for the chapter. And once again, Fairy Tail just trumps the big three jump mangas in interesting story. I couldn't care about Raven Tail either seeing as the major antagonist in this plot has yet to come into the open. Raven Tail did have a good buildup but they were satisfactorily trumped today by Laxus, who is no weakling in any regard.

Best things I heard all day

"This is for Gray" vs Narpudding
"This is for Lucy" vs that chick forgot her name already

Vs Kurohebi, I could die laughing
"My Family is Fairy Tail" --- fitting end to this fight

kkck
June 15, 2012, 09:25 AM
To be honest I don't buy this chapter. In particular, I don't buy that ivan would be this weak and if anything it would make sense for him to be every bit as strong as gildarts. Heck, raven tail apparently had enough power before the timeskip to actually be a considerable force against the dark guilds, it simply does not add up. I think the whole arc as far as ravel tail goes has been a ploy for this particular fight and more importantly I believe ivan got away with it. I think the key lies in the way ivan attacked laxus. He basically threw thousands of little papers at him. What if among those papers there were a few which got stuck to laxus and perhaps others without anyone noticing? Its a bit cliche but I think it would make sense. Odds are that after this makarov will decide to tell laxus about lumen histore and at that moment the little pieces of paper which hypothetically got stuck will do their job. Perhaps ivan planned as far ahead as actually creating a situation where laxus could get a decent bit of extra trust from makarov.

Tame
June 15, 2012, 09:33 AM
while I acknowledge Laxus = Boss :hip and am happy for his glory it got tarnished a bit by Raven Tail being an utter disappointment. What a friggin letdown, he didn't have to go serious one bit. And a master, Makarov's son at that getting oneshotted by a slayer without even using more advanced DS attack let alone full Dragon Force? You gotta be shitting me :teehee what a whimp - and this guy felt Laxus was "too weak" back in the day? LMAO GTFO

more importantly, the Laxus hype distracts from the real shit going down here:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7921/zeref1.png
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2046/zeref.png

If the two are connected then you're a genius.

exacta
June 15, 2012, 09:38 AM
The thing I feared most would happen happened. RT got curbstomped, even Ivan and Obra. The other 3 getting curbstomped is fine, but Obra and even Ivan? What the hell.......what was the point? Gajeel serving as a double agent for RT, that already ended up being pointless thanks to the 7 year time skip, but I didn't think RT itself would be pointless. After all that hype about what kind of magic Obra uses, we don't even see him actually use it, and Ivan gets defeated by a generic punch after Laxus delivers a speech about family.:facepalm

Ivan is the son of Makarov, the father of Laxus, was thrown out of FT and developed a counter guild to defeat FT, plotted for years, and THAT'S how he goes down? Mashima didn't even make the interaction between Laxus and Ivan interesting. In the flashback back in the Star Festival arc, Laxus was angry that Ivan was kicked out. Now, he doesn't give a rats ass at all. How the hell were these guys in first place anyway? These were Raven Tails ELITE? How the hell are they supposed to counter Fairy Tail? Laxus just made all of them look like total trash. Why can't Mashima actually make a fight epic in this arc? Or at least without ruining it? Seriously, even Laxus' fight was a letdown. Couldn't Ivan vs Laxus at least have been a good fight?

I understand that it seems they'll return, but if Ivan is that easily defeated and that much of a pussy that he had to beg his son for mercy, then it's not much to look forward too. Mashima just can't make good antagonists.

Krono
June 15, 2012, 09:42 AM

We can hope. He's certainly setting up something with Obra's imp, and it wouldn't make sense for the start of Ivan's real plan to be "demand the location of Lumen Histoire from someone that has good reason to have not been told, then beat him up as a group and call it a day with no fall back plan if he doesn't know."

It'd be quite disappointing if the imp is working for someone else and this is it for Raven Tail given their build up.

To be honest I don't buy this chapter. In particular, I don't buy that ivan would be this weak and if anything it would make sense for him to be every bit as strong as gildarts. Heck, raven tail apparently had enough power before the timeskip to actually be a considerable force against the dark guilds, it simply does not add up. I think the whole arc as far as ravel tail goes has been a ploy for this particular fight and more importantly I believe ivan got away with it. I think the key lies in the way ivan attacked laxus. He basically threw thousands of little papers at him. What if among those papers there were a few which got stuck to laxus and perhaps others without anyone noticing? Its a bit cliche but I think it would make sense. Odds are that after this makarov will decide to tell laxus about lumen histore and at that moment the little pieces of paper which hypothetically got stuck will do their job. Perhaps ivan planned as far ahead as actually creating a situation where laxus could get a decent bit of extra trust from makarov.

Pretty good theory you've got there.

And thinking about it a bit further, Ivan created a situation where not only will Laxus get a bit more trust from Makarov, but one that Laxus is more likely to question Makarov on the subject of Lumen Histoire and ask why Ivan called it Fairy Tail's dark secret etc. Excellent situation for Makarov to tell him everything, including it's location.

REN KOUEN
June 15, 2012, 09:51 AM

hmmmmmmm i dont know about that, gildarts went toe to toe with the acknowlegia dragon (if i remember right) now he did get torn up pretty bad, but he survived. i think that laxus is probably the second strongest, for now, behind gildarts

but i think natsu will eventually surpass them both , as he appears to be the main hero

but for now its probably something like

gildarts>makarov>laxus=mystogan/jallal>erza=natsu>gajeel>everyone else

haegar
June 15, 2012, 09:54 AM
Haegar nice noticing it, but why would Zeref be masked as that imp and more importantly why would he be with RT?
As Ivan has kindly supplied the information that Lumen histoire/etoile is some dark secret I lean towards it having to do with Zeref himself, his source of power or the reason for his demise back in the day rather than FT nakama in truth being revealed to be the darkest of magics.
Regardless of that line of thought FT has by now proven itself to be the strongest guild participating, Zeref might easily use the tournament as an opportunity to check out the powerlevel of potential opponents, plus his Arcadios goon is interested in Celestial Mages and FT has the strongest with Lucy. Hooking up with RT undercover would be best opportunity to get info on FT as Ivan is obsessed with them anyways.
In addition, ever since we found out Zeref was on Tenroujima I was waiting for some Mavis/Zeref connection. Somehow FT is guarding either knowledge or power that can hurt him or that he wants back as it was taken from him. Plus, being on a roll here, leaning myself out of the window very far I hearby call MavisXZeref("good" alter ego) ship in the past :3c

P.S I am beginning to think that Lumen Etoile is either connected to or IS the gate Arcadios is talking about that he wants to open - maybe a way for Zeref to unleash his horrors and change the nature of magic like he did back in the day? And there seems to be a celestial angle, somehow I put Mavis /possible fairy as close to celstial spirits /Mages ...somehting has to be there that connects, probably I got the details waaaay of but there is some connection, I swear :derp

/endeditrant

edit2: oups that was BS I sprouted there, since Arkadios constructed that eclipse gate it can't really be the same as Lumen, can it? :hee .. well, still, maybe they are kinda connected or antagonist or I dunno...I think I am rambling :teehee

1337 haxor
June 15, 2012, 10:02 AM
I never tought Laxus would have such an easy time, I guess Mashima just loves to troll us expectations.

I mean, Kubo got his Final Arc serious so somebody had to fill in for the job of troll king.

Seriously tough, there are a lot of reasons for Raven Tail's poor performance and I will point them out.

The major reason is Gajeel.

Ivan trusted him and based RT's strategy and powers around his flawed information.

I always though it was strange how RT had such weird magic when previous antagonists had their core members armed with something incredibly haxor.

Because Gajeel lied about the kind of magic FT uses and the weakness of their members, Ivan spent the last 7 years training his guild in the wrong sort of magic that would be the least effective on FT rather than being the perfect counter.

I knew something was wrong when Flare couldn't handle even Lucy without cheating.

The second reason is that Ivan has powerful suport magic, not attack one.

He toyed with the entire audience and his illusions could make him very hard to hit if they were aimed at Laxus.

Gajeel's misinformation led him to believe Laxus would turn sides if persuaded so he wasn't faced with the right kind of preparation. Had Laxus been under an illusion to he would have difficult fighting him.

The third reason is because Laxus is just that damn powerful.

We are talking about the man who went toe-to-toe against the strongest dark guild master of 7 years ago and lost because he wanted his comrades to finish the job.

Laxus is nearly at the same level as Guildartz, sure there must be some ground for the former to catch up but if we were to put that on power levels I would say:

Gildarts - 9001
Laxus - 8400

Fourth reason is because the hot guy always owns the ugly ones.

Flare is Lucy's level, even if she is beautiful what do you expect her to do against Laxus.

Fifth reason is Mashima's pen.

Another reason is because RT is a plot device to uncover FT's dark past.

Zeref was sleeping on Fairy Tail's holy island for god knows how long, now Lumen Histoire is show to be something not necessarily good.

I am starting to think that Mavis and Zeref were once part of the same dark guild and when both changed sides to the light she founded Fairy Tail and hid her former master there where his unstable powers would do least harm until Natsu came to put an end to his life.

Maybe Lumen Histoire is the collected memory of that previous dark guild that Mavis buried in order for her new guild to prosper in the light, if the thing were to be released all that previous darkness would return and Fairy Tail would be ruined.

Imagine Magnolia Town or even the entire country of Fiore getting torn to pieces by the unleashed curses creaded by Mavis and Zeref while Fairy Tail tries to explain they are not responsible for it. Not particularly good, isn't it?

The last reason I can think of is that Raven Tail was being used as a decoy for the audience (us) and the characters to lose focus on the main plot.

Captain Arcadios is going to do something huge, hence he called his master Zeref and all of his allies to show off how great of a minion he is.

Gate of the Changing world is probably the alluded Gate of Tartaros that will herald the end of the world.

When that thing is used it will likely unleash the Ultimate Magic World and every muggle in the world will turn into a pool of LCL as some godlike eldritch abomination shifts reality to a twisted darkness.

Five points plus if Lucy is Ayanami! :derp

kakashidad
June 15, 2012, 10:04 AM
Lol,I TOLD YOU LOT SO...i should get more like for my predictions..would you like a recap from the last isssue?
Ok here you go,lol.

Now,lets get back to the ''illusion'' that Raven Tail has inacted.1st illusion is that of ALEXEI-kun..He's clearly not a proper
member but Iwan in disguise..totally out of order(been a master and all)?Then we have the magic in it's self...Who's
magic is it?Iwan,Orga? I'm betting on the latter.It's a shit illusion as there are several people that can't understand why
Laxus is getting his arse handed to him...That i think is just down to Raven Tails arrogance and lack of realism.(They
were incapable of seeing the fight any other way).But that's on the back burner for a minute.

Laxus,Will do a Ezra imo...Iwan might think too much of his ''specialized anti-fairy guild''.And we;ve se that laxus does
not rate his ''shitty pops'' anyways.MASTER ENEMIES ARE MY ENEMIES..what a great line.I'm looking forward to seeing
the result of his training...yes indeed i'm so looking forward to it teehee..fanboy moment,sorry.

The only thing i'll add is that.Lumile Historie/lumen etoile is the darkness that Iwan/Ivan was rapping about.Did you
see the 1st/Mavis face?Oh i covered that as well didn't i?Lol.

Laxus was easily gonna mop up those punks...if Ezra did 100 monsters,it was only LOGICAL that LAXUS could take down
five ''would be'' elite...from ANY guild.I see his counterpart in Sabertooth had a slight smile on his face too.(Laxus smiled
when he showed his strenght).The difference here is Laxus knows his upper limits.He does not know laxus upper limit.
Laxus WILL face off with him soon enough imo.

Wendy and Sheila fight does not interest me so much..who wants to see little girls fighting really?pmsl.But Zeref making
a move does interest me greatly..I might as well see what you guys have wrote and cast my VOTE for sheer EPICNESS
lol,that will piss off Los and a few other...sorry mods i couldn't help it.

exacta
June 15, 2012, 10:04 AM
As Ivan has kindly supplied the information that Lumen histoire/etoile is some dark secret I lean towards it having to do with Zeref himself, his source of power or the reason for his demise back in the day rather than FT nakama in turth being the darkest of magics. Regardless of that line of thought FT has by now proven itself to be the strongest guild participating, Zeref might easily use the tournament as an opportunity to check out the powerlevel of potential opponents, plus his Arcadios goon is interested in Celestial Mages and FT has the strongest with Lucy. Hooking up with RT undercover would be best opportunity to get info on FT as Ivan is obsessed with them anyways. In addition, ever since we found out Zeref was on Tenroujima I was waiting for some Mavis/Zeref connection. Somehow FT is guarding either knowledge or power that can hurt him or that he wants back as it was taken from him. Plus, being on a role here, leaning myself out of the window very far I hearby call MavisXZeref("good" alter ego) ship in the past :3c

Everybody being suspicious of Mavis is making me feel suspicious now too....Mavis' presence has been a bit too convenient. Would be interesting if she was one of FT's true villains. Npw that you mention Mavis and Zeref having a connection, you just made me think of this: http://youtu.be/DYFw0DTlce0

Starting at 1:15 it starts mirroring Mavis and Zeref, even though they don't even interact at all. It is the anime, but I wonder if this hints anything.

kkck
June 15, 2012, 10:10 AM
I wonder to what extent lumen hitoire is related to zeref. I would find it strange that hades would leave that alone (because he did know about it) if it had a deep connection to zeref. Would he actually fear that? Or maybe in the end he just couldn't bring himself to betray FT to THAT extent (which would imply that doing something with lumen histore is actually worst that murdering all of his former guild). Or perhaps he actually had no use for it.

haegar
June 15, 2012, 10:14 AM
nice bringing up the anime on that, dunno if it has meaning or not hard to tell. anyways, I am one hundred percetn behind Mavis being good/light - I think she might have taken responsibility/caretaker status for some of Zeref's dark magic / used it to boost her own powers back in the day or something like that? TBH no point building elaborate speculations on this, we lack the details.
However, two sayings come to mind:

"fighting fire with fire" if Lumen is connected to power of nakama which no other guild has, might turn out in a way FTs special power comes from some old ancient dark magic? seems weird though - still in the past FT might have used questionable means to fight the darkness?

"wherever there is light, there is darkness (and vice versa)" - on this second one, suppose it were Lumen "histiore" one might intepret this as the "history" of the light side of magic - going with that saying no light can exist without darkness, maybe the magic world of today, with so many individuals using magic, but overall not the darkest of it was only ever made possible because of some grand attrocities in the long lost past into which both Zeref and mavis were somehow involved? maybe the reason fairies/spirits/dragons are removed from the world of the living has to do with some carnal sin the human mages of the past comitted? while common knowledge is that Zeref was the evil dude, perhaps the truth is more complex and there were others who benefited/were involved?

edit: to bolster up my hunch a bit also looking at last week again:
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/53902026/17
I feel Mavis's words to Makarov are kind of forebearing: She states she likes the whole nakama spirit - and that the way FT look after each other and are a good guild is what she always wanted - but in a way her "you would do ANYTHING for your friends" together with the later "remember this third/sixt" 'might' have a subtle subtext. I'm calling utter BS on Mavis just coming by to watch the torunament and cheer her guild on, I say in the first place she lingers as a ghost as she still has some deep feeling of responsibility/guilt for something that happened in the past. And I say she sticks to her guild, knowing fully well that now that Zeref roams free it is but a matter of time till her/her guild's dark secret comes to the fore - she sticks around to make sure she can give the current gen what help she can in dealing with that legacy she left which seems to be an ambivalent one ...I guess she somehow dirtied her hands back then protecting those she cared about ...

kkck
June 15, 2012, 10:14 AM
That said, I don't think mavis herself has a personal relationship with zeref. Zeref is a guy from 400 years ago at least, I don't see how she could have been alive all that way back. Hades seemed to be in his 60s or 80s back when he made makarov master, and he was made master by mavis. If we assume a similar scenario then hades became master some 80 years ago. Even under the most extreme scenario it does not make sense mavis would have been around over 120 years before that. Of course, that does not mean fairy tail could not have existed in some other form in the past, there are plenty of ways lumen histoire could have been inherited to the current FT and masters.

haegar
June 15, 2012, 10:16 AM
^ since Mavis seems special beyond simply being first master I wouldn't put it past her to have unusual long lifespan ...

exacta
June 15, 2012, 10:21 AM
[LIST=1]
This arc would have been interesting enough with the dark presence/Charles vision plot and Sabertooth. It wasn't necessary to put RT into the mix. Honestly by doing that, I was actually more interested in RT than the other two plots. Simply because Ivan and RT have been a issue for about 3 years, to be more exact ever since chapter 128.

In this page (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/2) he is surprised to learn that Hades is his former master. Following that Hades used his astonishment to send him flying. But after that in Panel 6 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/3) you clearly see Maks determination. Starting Panel 5 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/5) he takes him seriously, as u can see he is forming seals without hesitation.

So plz stop with this "Makarov lost because he was shocked" arguments. That is clearly not the case. Mak has been around for many decades. He must have a lot of battle experience. As such he should be able to cut off his emotion if the situation requires for it. And according to the manga he did.

Hades managed to send him flying at the beginning due to his shock, I admit that. However the rest of the fight was "fair". Mak lost because he was simply inferior. He lost in speed (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/6) (panel 2), knowledge/experience (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/9) and I believe destructive force (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/216/10). Hades won without having any damageline (blood, wounds, dirt), heck he wasn't even panting. The fight was clearly one-sided. And there were no signs of hesitation in Makarov nor any disadvantages, due to their master/pupil relationship.

Not only was I more interested in RT because of all the reasons you've said, but Tenroujima KILLED any suspsense Charle's "visions" could create for me. She had a vision of people crying and someone laying on the ground. What happened in that arc? GH was completely and utterly defeated, and Acnologia nuked Tenroujima not only for everyone to completely survive thanks to a giant bubble of friendship but even the damn island itself was unscathed. Screw Charle.

TauCarlos
June 15, 2012, 10:28 AM
Anyway I've lost interest in the whole Laxus vs his dad and sucky RT, the thing that made this chapter really interesting was Mavis going from super cute "My ultimate guiild - I love" to super scary. I'm guessing she wasn't fooled by the illusion and over heard sucky woman beater talking about her super dirty secret (Not cool Iwan this chic can teach Erza a few things on how to look like beast without actually doing a thing). I also believe this lumen histroire could be a connection between Zeref and Mavis who appears to use her untraceable holy land like a vacation home, this alone made me suspicious but then throw in Iwans little speech about Fairy darkness and I'm sold.

However I don't agree that Zeref is that little monkey, only cause he over does the sinister laugh, nothing like the zeref I know but it could be either RT's escape route or Zeref's minion. Also my prediction Sheria has a similar magic type to Mavis since she seems to be familiar with it.

Heriko
June 15, 2012, 10:30 AM
oh my fucking god :D
actually i hoped for something like this, but never thought it really would happen :D
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/287/14
mavis is looking... suspicious... the darkness of fairy tail? oO i thought mavis was full of light oO
and surely the story of raven tail ain't over yet.
But now the king can't take RT as scapegoat anymore!
Let's see what happens next :D
Yeah, Shelia... don't know. why exactly she?`... Oo

1337 haxor
June 15, 2012, 10:37 AM
I wonder to what extent lumen hitoire is related to zeref. I would find it strange that hades would leave that alone (because he did know about it) if it had a deep connection to zeref. Would he actually fear that? Or maybe in the end he just couldn't bring himself to betray FT to THAT extent (which would imply that doing something with lumen histore is actually worst that murdering all of his former guild). Or perhaps he actually had no use for it.

Or simply that he didn't know the true connection between Zeref and his former guild.

I mean, he keenly belived about the Zeref keys to the point he founded and directed Grimmoire Heart to commit atrocities just for their sake. As it turned out they were fake.

He was smart and powerful but even he couldn't graspt the real scheme behind Zeref's supposed demise.

I think that one thing he said was true tough.

All magic is born in the darkness, it's something unatural that defies reality and changes it to according to the mage's heart.

However, what Makarov said was also true.

Magic does change and becomes something different from time to time, I think the truth behind this is that the darkness of magic can be purified by the hearts of good mages that fight for justice and love/friendship.

Like I said before, Lumen Histoire is a seal, it holds back the darkness and curses from Zeref's and Mavis's past guild so that Fairy Tail moves foward in the light.

I go further and say that it's the friendship and deep bonds of Fairy Tail that powers that seal rather than it being the source of power for the guild.

Hence Mavis is so happy with Fairy Tail's current generation, they are the lights that can purify the darkness of her past sins and bring happiness to the future. They are her dream.

Impossibility
June 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
I was never particularly impressed or otherwise interested in Raven Tail, so their defeat at the hands of Laxus was welcome. Ivan's mention of Fairy Tail's history does increase my curiosity about Lumen Etoile. It seems like Mavis may have cause to stick around for a while longer, which is awesome. Kudos to Laxus for pulling a Natsu, he was definitely channeling him during the battle while invoking Gray & Lucy's names. Excited about Wendy's battle, she has had little experience and has traditionally acted as support for the rest of the team, so we're likely to see something new from her. Sheila should have some interesting magic as well. Hopefully we'll get some good action.

greenpiece
June 15, 2012, 11:44 AM
Everyone's been caught up with the battle between Laxus and RT and the mysterious magical power that I don't think anyone has bothered asking this question yet: Assuming that this day with end normally, how will the battle portion of the 4th day work of there are only 7 teams left? They can't really fight without being an even number. Because I honestly doubt that anything too big is going to happen on Day 3 that's going to completely stop the Grand Magic Games in continuing into it's Day 4. If ever something will happen, it will probably be in the shadows. Like maybe to Crime Sorciere or something. I don't think Mashima will waste a tournament arc and disregard it's 4th day. Especially since that one is a tag battle and it'll be pretty interesting. So how do you guys think Mashima will do the battle portion on the next day?

Morlun
June 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
Why is Wendy fighting? She replaced Elfman, who fought. This means that either Natsu, Erza or Gray won't fight in the tournament. Bah.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 15, 2012, 12:38 PM
Probably Erza, she was supposed to fight Bacchus but Elfman took her place by mistake.

Maybe they'll handle the odd number of teams by just throwing in a rune knight for someone to face, or rearrange the competition.

haegar
June 15, 2012, 12:42 PM
well going by the MPF the rune knights are a joke compared to the other competitors :teehee

as for the loli battle, I wouldn't be suprised if they both actually unpack some serious magic, I think Wendy's opponent will have some ancient magic that Mavis knows, I doubt it has to do with Zeref, that's just Hiro doing a herring ...

kkck
June 15, 2012, 01:01 PM
Maybe they can arrange the games so that by the end every team has the same amount of fights? Not sure how that would work out though. Or maybe just turn the thing into battle royales..... not sure how that would work either.

Krono
June 15, 2012, 01:14 PM
Everyone's been caught up with the battle between Laxus and RT and the mysterious magical power that I don't think anyone has bothered asking this question yet: Assuming that this day with end normally, how will the battle portion of the 4th day work of there are only 7 teams left? They can't really fight without being an even number. Because I honestly doubt that anything too big is going to happen on Day 3 that's going to completely stop the Grand Magic Games in continuing into it's Day 4. If ever something will happen, it will probably be in the shadows. Like maybe to Crime Sorciere or something. I don't think Mashima will waste a tournament arc and disregard it's 4th day. Especially since that one is a tag battle and it'll be pretty interesting. So how do you guys think Mashima will do the battle portion on the next day?

I suspect that Sabertooth will end up fighting twice so we can get Natsu/Gray vs Sting/Rufus and Laxus/Gajeel vs Orga/Rogue tag battles. That would get all the foreshadowed FT vs ST battles out of the way.

Freid
June 15, 2012, 01:31 PM
What happens when you just dont get what the epic Laxus is going on about.
Make sure you get it. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/287/9)

Lol reminds me of Cell pwning Hercule the same way http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/freid1/cellpwnshercule-1.png
Says alot about the difference in strength. When one can just swipe you away like snot, you must not get the margin in power.

I for one approve of Laxus completely trouncing Raven Tail.

ThePhantomStriker
June 15, 2012, 01:58 PM
pretty epic chapter....as usual laxus shows why he's so cool.....I expected more from raven tail though

1337 haxor
June 15, 2012, 02:21 PM
I suspect that Sabertooth will end up fighting twice so we can get Natsu/Gray vs Sting/Rufus and Laxus/Gajeel vs Orga/Rogue tag battles. That would get all the foreshadowed FT vs ST battles out of the way.

I think Sabertooth and Fairy Tail will be on a tie by the last day, they will be force to settle the victor through an all out team battle.

LoS
June 15, 2012, 02:29 PM
pretty epic chapter....

Lol

I guess just one-shoting people makes a chapter good these days, sigh.

Also, I am not interested in this Lumen History in the slightest. Fairy Tail having some dark history of evil doings and misdeeds don't do anything for me. On another note, the artwork and humor were good this chapter though.

kkck
June 15, 2012, 02:44 PM
So.... did laxus get the points for winning?

ghostexiled
June 15, 2012, 02:47 PM
maybe they will bring in the "runners-up" that would of made the tournament next during that crazy maze everyone had to participate in.

I guess meaning whoever came after Fairy Tail A.

I think there is something more behind Mavis than she is letting on... I think she knows something that she is not sharing.

Is it possible that Nirvana "changed" her into a good mage? Much like how it did to Zeref?

This would mean that she was originally evil or something and that would be the dark secret that Ivan was referring too?

biron
June 15, 2012, 02:57 PM
uh, wtf hapened in this chapter?
wasnt ivan supposed to be gildarts rival?
and now laxus is >>> than entire RT
so much hype for nothing, this is ridiculous
as much as i like laxus and consider him the second biggest badass of the series, what happened is plain wrong imo

lawlett-kun
June 15, 2012, 03:10 PM
loved the chapter. absolutely sure that ivan has something up his sleeve. cant wait to see wendy vs shelia. dunno why noone waiting for the fight plus shelia seems kinda special. so mavis was the one who commented on shelias magic? didnt really got that part

Edelheld
June 15, 2012, 03:13 PM
Well, RT being a setup for the next arc and stepping back in shadows until then was expected somehow but the way they lost was disappointing. I hope there will be an explanation of sort that it all was planned beforehand to plant some seed of doubt into Laxus so he'll start asking questions and the location of Lumen Etoile will surface.
Anyways, waiting for the brutal loli deathmatch :zomg

... how will the battle portion of the 4th day work of there are only 7 teams left? They can't really fight without being an even number. ...
It's just hard to predict. Usually in sport teams that had to play with the disqualified team get automatic win (like automatic 3-0 in football)

Why is Wendy fighting? She replaced Elfman, who fought. This means that either Natsu, Erza or Gray won't fight in the tournament. Bah.
Bacchus from Quatro Puppy also replaced Warcry and fought, so it's not against the rules.

kkck
June 15, 2012, 03:22 PM
I maintain that the RT guys planned exactly for the fight to go exactly the way it did and got away with it. It just wouldn't make sense for laxus's daddy issues and the entire plot around RT to end like this. We will see raven tail against in all likelihood and at the time we will likely seen some actual badass paper magic.

HaiSuShi
June 15, 2012, 03:32 PM
Yay, Wendy looks sooo cute this chapter!!
/fanboyrant

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed by RT's fast loss, but it was to be expected if Makarov had all the information on the guild and its members...but this probably won't be the last we heard of them, especially Ivan. I'm pretty sure that this wasn't Ivan at full power. And the little imp is making me really curious just what it is actually...

And the suspicious magical force is finally making its appearance! What is the deal with Shellia and Mavis' reaction?

Edit:
"This is for Gray" and "This is for Lucy" are just purely awesome. Seems like Laxus is starting to take pride in Fairy Tail as it is now! :cheez

sarutobi_sensei
June 15, 2012, 03:33 PM
I just noticed Erza looks like a mummy XD

HaiSuShi
June 15, 2012, 04:02 PM
Haha, like Mamii in Monster Soul! :derp

kkck
June 15, 2012, 04:47 PM
To be honest I am a little surprised at the little involvement laxus has had during the arc so far. The whole thing seems to relate to him from all levels. First the games. During the FT games arc laxus started something which could be roughly similar. For another, sabertooth. Sabertooth is basically the guild laxus used to want to create. The strongest and whatnot with things like nakama not being overly important. Then we have that his dad is there although that was dealt with (and I stand by my belief that the whole thing was planned to go exactly as it did). The whole thing should at some level be highly personal for laxus.

kakashidad
June 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
After reading the majority of the post so far...it's clear that.Folks just like to make things up..lol,no wonder certain
people are disappointed.I think you expect too much too soon.It's clear and has been stated.That Raven Tail were
used as a plot device.

Imo,they are doing the bidding of someone much more powerful than them..Maybe tartarous?anyways.Enough of
that for the minute.Fairytail have clearly been 10 STEPS ahead of the game and RT.Gajeel feeding Iwan/Ivan bum
info.Is clearly what did for them...the SHOCK factor of realizing that they were deceived by GAJEEL.Was etched all
over Ivan face.Furthermore Laxus strenght has clearly increased tenfolds..not only thru his training.But his desire to
AVENGE his family...He is clearly a reformed charactor.And you gain strenght or more strenght when you have
something or someone to PROTECT.

I'm not the only one to mention MAVIS VERMILLION.And the look she gave in this issue.Two possibliities exsiit as
to what made her look so vex...She either heard what Ivan had sai and is pissed/shamed by it.Or she felt the strange
dark magic that everyone is associating with ZEREF.Both are really good probability..i'll go with the latter.

With that said.Another good point has been introduced.The connection between Mavis and Zeref...Why would anyone
think that the two were of the same tribe or ilk?(if i've spun that sorry).What i believe has happen in the past is...Mavis
defeated Zeref on tenjuramu..that's why he had been sleeping there for so long before fairy tail found him in the last
arc?Also i believe that lumile histoire/lumen etolie.Is the remains or a certain dragon..and that's the dark secret that fairy
tail have.(i believe that it was implied that the guild would aquire a certain amount of Dragon Slayers?

I'm off laters.

FrostyMouse
June 15, 2012, 05:17 PM
Regardless of the reason, Raven Tail were pathetic in the end. I expected Ivan to have strength or something, but that's all he could do? No wonder he ran away from FT.

At least we're finally getting to the Strange Power.

shuha27
June 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
I would be disappointed with this chapter if someone else beated Raven Tail so easily but it was Laxus and he is a beast so I don't mind. I'm pretty sure this isn't the last we will see from them or at least Ivan. As someone said before maybe Mavis was actually a bad mage but Nirvana changed her. Can't wait to see Wendy in battle :)

SlayerKisame
June 15, 2012, 05:41 PM
I wasn't surprised Laxus beat them so easily. This is the guy that has only lost a fight after fighting Erza/Natsu, Mystogan, and Gajeel/Natsu back to back. Like I said before, he is a beast.

I am guessing Lumen Histoire is some really messed up history about Fairy Tail. Something so bad (or good) that no one can learn about it. Gildartz was sweating and shivering the first time he saw it.

Uriel
June 15, 2012, 06:27 PM
LOL, I wanted to vote Regular and hit Epic. That happens when you scroll fast. >_>

Anyway, the only thing that did good for me was the ending. Raven Tail being owned would be cool in other circumstances. In this one, is just...unneeded. All that hype going to trash.
...And not even a sweat.

And it was a projection after all. It has sense that Erza couldn't tell.

Anyway, I laughed when I saw comparisons between that imp and Zeref. Fans see everything matching, lol. I believe that Imp will release Ivan and it's obvious we did not saw the end of Raven Tail. Of that I'm sure.

The ending of this chapter got me completely hyped.

That said, I don't think mavis herself has a personal relationship with zeref. Zeref is a guy from 400 years ago at least, I don't see how she could have been alive all that way back.
I don't see how She looks like a child and yet She does.
She's the first master, don't forget.

She kinda remembers me that powerful wizard Roubaul. What assures us that She wasn't ALWAYS a spirit? What assures us that her lifespan is longer than supposed to be, kinda like Zeref?

S-H-I-G-U-R-E
June 15, 2012, 07:12 PM
I didn't expect RT to be strong, otherwise they wouldn't have needed to cheat in every single match they played. I expected more from Ivan, though.

MechR
June 15, 2012, 07:27 PM
MASHIMAAAAAAAAAAAA!! :cussing

Years of buildup, gone, just like that. :wall

:fail

SerpentTailedAngel
June 15, 2012, 07:46 PM
Years of buildup? They showed up like, once before this arc. That's not years of buildup. That's a tease from years ago. They only got build up once the tournament started.

fairiehearts
June 15, 2012, 09:38 PM
Was I the only one who thought that maybe Sheria's power is like a copy cat power? It might be random but she fell and then wendy soon did

other than that I was happy laxus finished them quickly BUT it is obvious RT isn't done. I agree with what others have said in that zeref and mavis look to have a history

MisterJB
June 15, 2012, 09:50 PM
Well, that was incredibly dissapointing. After years hyping up Raven Tail, they are taken out like chumps in a single chapter by one FT member.
Remind me what is the purpose of Sabertooth again.

Years of buildup? They showed up like, once before this arc. That's not years of buildup. That's a tease from years ago. They only got build up once the tournament started.
They were the only Dark Guild independent from the Balam Alliance.
They're making the Oracion Seis appear threatening, bloody hell!

hossice
June 15, 2012, 10:29 PM
I'm still surprised there hasn't been a tie in the fighting portion yet. :/

Ifrit
June 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
I'm still surprised there hasn't been a tie in the fighting portion yet. :/

Yeah. I was thinking the same, but I think I have this already covered. Perhaps Wendy Vs Shelia will be a tie.

Although not sure, because Mashima need to give Wendy a win. Its her first 1 on 1 fight. If there will be a tie I think its Erza Vs Kagura, and after Laxus win maybe Laxus Vs Orga (Although Laxus is much stronger, so not sure here).

My prediction is this:

Mavis didn't feel Zeref power, but maybe Shelia uses a magic just like Zeref. However I could be wrong, because not sure if Shelia did participate in the past years, and that was the reason Jellal, Ultear, and Meredy felt Zeref power.

I gotta give this to Mashima he knows how to make you wonder, and wait for the next chapter every week. Jellal saying the magic is towards the Arena doesn't give us any clue, because What the knight is preparing, and Shelia magic is in the same place.

Everyone is missing the big picture here, who cares about Raven Tail. Now I have this feeling that Fairy Tail wasn't exactly the guild that represents "Light", and this is what HADES meant when he said that making Makarov the master was a mistake, because Makarvo cast too much light to magic. I can't say that whats in the basement is the magic of one, because HADES was searching for that magic, and it doesn't make any sense, since he already knew whats there.

I can't even say that Mavis sealed Zeref power in there, because again HADES was searching for that. Its confusing really, but I hope Mashima give some screen to Laxus+Makarov talking about what Ivan meant.

zerocooldx
June 16, 2012, 12:34 AM
Man...what an anticlimactic fight and even worse ending. There is just no way that Iwan's seven years of preparation resulted in...that. Something else has got to be going on, otherwise this whole RT vs FT buildup was rather pointless. It just all seems to have been way to easy and far too convenient, even if their opponent was Laxus. I don't know what Iwan's plan is but there has to be more to it, much more. Also yeah it was pretty ominous to have Mavis be shown just before Iwan spoke of FT's "darkness". But at the same times someone's "light" can be easily viewed as another's "darkness" when in the wrong hands, so this just might be a difference in perspective.

hoeru
June 16, 2012, 02:29 AM
After rereading the old chapters on Raven Tail... What actually made us believe that Raven Tail was a STRONG guild in the first place? That Ivan was Makarov's son? Or that he was Luxus' father?

All we actually ever learned of "them" was that Ivan put FT members into danger/attacked them, was thrown out of the guild by Makarov thatfore, and founded an own guild which was treated as "dark guild", being independent from the Ballam Alliance. Ivan knows something about a FT's secrets, and put Dragon Slayer lachryma into Luxus' body. Even if Ivan was strong - why wouldn't Luxus be able to surpass his father?

Or did I miss something from the talk between Ivan and the injured Gajeel?

Ifrit
June 16, 2012, 04:58 AM
@hoeru.

I agree with you. Even the power chapter didn't say anything about them. Just because he's Makarov son that doesn't make him strong.

If you guys want a perfect example: just look at Gildartz/Cana....

Not sure a guy using illusion and paper magic is strong anyway...Erza could defeat him (Maybe now Erza fans will like the chapter if we said this) joke

Ero-Sanji
June 16, 2012, 05:22 AM
After rereading the old chapters on Raven Tail... What actually made us believe that Raven Tail was a STRONG guild in the first place? That Ivan was Makarov's son? Or that he was Luxus' father?

All we actually ever learned of "them" was that Ivan put FT members into danger/attacked them, was thrown out of the guild by Makarov thatfore, and founded an own guild which was treated as "dark guild", being independent from the Ballam Alliance. Ivan knows something about a FT's secrets, and put Dragon Slayer lachryma into Luxus' body. Even if Ivan was strong - why wouldn't Luxus be able to surpass his father?

Or did I miss something from the talk between Ivan and the injured Gajeel?

It's clearly a mix of Ivan being a Dreyer, the fact that Raven tail was painted as the anti-Fairy tail and also the little hint of Ivan being the rival of Gildartz. Together these things strongly hint at Ivan being a monster just like his father and supposed rival and of Raven tail being as strong if not stronger that Fairy tail. On the question why Laxus wouldn't surpass his father or not, it's not a matter of surpasing but rather how he wins. A single punch is enough to take out a man that most likely would have become the next guild master, a man that has the Dreyer blood and a man that is supposed to be the rival of Gildartz. On top of that just look at all the hype that was around him and his guild, the way he turned a raven into those paper dolls (speaking of which isn't that one of the weakest magic we've ever seen?), the way Ivan even in this chapter spoke of his guild as the anti-FT (the were no anti at all, the paper magic sucked and has nothing on anybody, growing spikes on the body is just as harmless as the poison-nail guy from Lamia scale, the sock dude, the hair magic is also very weak and not anti anybody. The only ones with descent abilities was Obra and Kurohebi, they both had magics that could be used against FT, e.g Kurohebi kan use Ice on fire and vice versa, while Obra isn't exactly anti FT since he's actually anti magic), and then the fact that they were independent. Still they were taken out by Laxus who didn't even break a sweat, just look at how an experienced man as Ivan doesn't even keep up with him, it's quite ridiculous, they spent seven years training and they aren't even able to keep up with Laxus. Yes, Laxus is a beast but come on!

In my opinion Mashima failed hard on this one, there were no reason to involve RT in this arc at all, like somebody mentioned, Sabre tooth and the gate is more than enough for this arc. We have the Ice make vs memory make rivarly, we have the lightning rivalry, we have the dragon rivalry, we have the swordsmen(women) rivalry and we could have had the stellar spirit rivalry, plus that Minerva could serve as a great antagonist as well. There were simply no need to introduce them in this arc. I might be taking it too hard, but this was supposed to be the family dispute arcs that I love about shounen mangas and to see it being thrown in the trash can like this is... I just hope that Tartaros can be as exciting and more importantly as fulfilling as the Trinity Raven were for me. Cause the build up is always great in this manga but the finish often result in greater disaster.

Klatt3n
June 16, 2012, 06:29 AM
This chapter really did it for me personally. They've had a sort of buildup throghout the entire series, I agree with that, but I enjoyed them getting their asses thoroughly kicked by Laxus simply because it shows just how fucking strong Fairy Tail has gotten. Ivan and Raven Tail are probably strong too, but Laxus is just that fucking good. Loved it. Fairy Tail is awesome.

HaiSuShi
June 16, 2012, 07:46 AM
Nothing really important, but compare this Wendy (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7248-4/fairy-tail/chapter-133.html) to the Wendy now fighting in the Grand Magic Games (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/87202826/22).
She developed from a very shy little girl to a self-confident young lady.:verily

I hope that the fight between the two girls is not interrupted, because I'm very interested in Wendy's new spells and whatever Chelia can do.

Mashima's totally trolling with Mavis' comment about Chelia's magic, mark my words!:3c

THM Nindo
June 16, 2012, 07:51 AM
Lol, Mashima is really good at surprising us.
I never imagined that Laxus would beat the 5 of them!

It's a bit of an anti-climax to have the rival team be beaten that easily, though...
I thought Ivan would be on the of the big boss, but he was defeated by a single punch by Laxus...

In any case, it was a great chapter.
I wonder what was that comment from Marvis about Chelia's power...

And, I too hope that the tournament is not stopped by all this Zeref stuff going on.
Despite having Fairy Tail doing really great and showing everyone just how strong they are, I would very like them to finish the tournament and win it for real.

davidvoyage
June 16, 2012, 08:24 AM
Chelia's girl magic is similar to Zeref's magic

1337 haxor
June 16, 2012, 10:01 AM

I would refrain from giving the little girl to much importance, Mashima is pulling the same troll he did with Mest when we tought he was part of Grimmoire Heart only to toss Azuma in our faces.

There is 90% chance it will be completely unrelated.

I go for Mavis having a dark troubled past she buried to found Fairy Tail and that if it were to get out the guild would be in big trouble.

Anyhow, if you think that Mavis is a wandering ghost rather than going to heavens then she must have some serious issues holding her in the human world.

I think at some point the guild will have to confront it's dark past and the new generation will decide that Fairy Tail is defined by their bonds and dreams rather than the evil past of Mavis and Purehito.

Ether
June 16, 2012, 10:20 AM

Well, as for me, I've always assumed that they were a strong guild because they were the only Dark guild that wasn't in the Balam Alliance, so I thought that they were strong enough to be independant from the alliance and not to rely on it. Also, I've always viewed the Balam alliance as a domination relationship between dark guilds (one strong guild and some others small as underlings), so I thought that they were at least as strong as the 3 big guilds of the alliance.

lionheart555
June 16, 2012, 10:34 AM
Wendy will give us a good fight. The theme has already been set. Fairy Tail members come out looking like jokes, even for Laxus though not by his fault. Then they fight and bam! Shocks the audience.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 16, 2012, 01:40 PM

There's definitely something special about her, but I'm betting it's just that she's more powerful than everyone expected. You don't give a Madoka lookalike who's barely shown up the entire arc the plot central power.

hoeru
June 16, 2012, 03:34 PM
Well, as for me, I've always assumed that they were a strong guild because they were the only Dark guild that wasn't in the Balam Alliance, so I thought that they were strong enough to be independant from the alliance and not to rely on it. Also, I've always viewed the Balam alliance as a domination relationship between dark guilds (one strong guild and some others small as underlings), so I thought that they were at least as strong as the 3 big guilds of the alliance.

It was only mentioned they were independent from that alliance without explaining why. There could be different reasons for this: They could have been either hidden too well, just too small or too new.

It's clearly a mix of Ivan being a Dreyer, the fact that Raven tail was painted as the anti-Fairy tail and also the little hint of Ivan being the rival of Gildartz.
Where was such a hint? ö_Ö

Ivan being Makarov's son does NOT make him strong automatically. Luxus was also said to be weak which is why Ivan turned his son into a second generation Dragon Slayer, and that is why Luxus was able to become an S-class mage. Not because he's of Makarov's descent.

Gildarts in the meantime was established as an S class mage who'd even take SS class and ten year missions. Someone extremely outstanding and unrivaled.

they spent seven years training and they aren't even able to keep up with Laxus.
"Building an anti-FT guild" doesn't mean they trained. They literally could have relied on their ability only to counter any magic from FT. See, I'm a friend of good fan theories - but IMHO you've been seriously overhyping Ivan and RT.

there were no reason to involve RT in this arc at all,
Why don't we just wait for the arc to come to a conclusion? For now, we already know that RT is involved with Arcadios' plan - and just because they're out of the tournament and taken out of the arena doesn't mean they're out of the arc's plot, nor that they can't return in any future arc.

abc1233
June 16, 2012, 04:15 PM
It's clearly a mix of Ivan being a Dreyer, the fact that Raven tail was painted as the anti-Fairy tail and also the little hint of Ivan being the rival of Gildartz. Together these things strongly hint at Ivan being a monster just like his father and supposed rival and of Raven tail being as strong if not stronger that Fairy tail. On the question why Laxus wouldn't surpass his father or not, it's not a matter of surpasing but rather how he wins. A single punch is enough to take out a man that most likely would have become the next guild master, a man that has the Dreyer blood and a man that is supposed to be the rival of Gildartz. On top of that just look at all the hype that was around him and his guild, the way he turned a raven into those paper dolls (speaking of which isn't that one of the weakest magic we've ever seen?), the way Ivan even in this chapter spoke of his guild as the anti-FT (the were no anti at all, the paper magic sucked and has nothing on anybody, growing spikes on the body is just as harmless as the poison-nail guy from Lamia scale, the sock dude, the hair magic is also very weak and not anti anybody. The only ones with descent abilities was Obra and Kurohebi, they both had magics that could be used against FT, e.g Kurohebi kan use Ice on fire and vice versa, while Obra isn't exactly anti FT since he's actually anti magic), and then the fact that they were independent. Still they were taken out by Laxus who didn't even break a sweat, just look at how an experienced man as Ivan doesn't even keep up with him, it's quite ridiculous, they spent seven years training and they aren't even able to keep up with Laxus. Yes, Laxus is a beast but come on!

In my opinion Mashima failed hard on this one, there were no reason to involve RT in this arc at all, like somebody mentioned, Sabre tooth and the gate is more than enough for this arc. We have the Ice make vs memory make rivarly, we have the lightning rivalry, we have the dragon rivalry, we have the swordsmen(women) rivalry and we could have had the stellar spirit rivalry, plus that Minerva could serve as a great antagonist as well. There were simply no need to introduce them in this arc. I might be taking it too hard, but this was supposed to be the family dispute arcs that I love about shounen mangas and to see it being thrown in the trash can like this is... I just hope that Tartaros can be as exciting and more importantly as fulfilling as the Trinity Raven were for me. Cause the build up is always great in this manga but the finish often result in greater disaster.
I agree with pretty much all your points besides this one. Lumen Histoire was introduced at the start of the arc and chances are that it'll play quite a significant role here, it may even be linked to the other gate which the organisers are trying to open. Although Mashima could have avoided linking RT to Lumen Histoire, it does seem to fit, what with the secret that Ivan took from FT being the guild's darkness. So it was appropriate for RT to be included in this arc if Lumen Histoire does turn out to play a significant role, but yeah there are just too many things going on in this arc and this fight was handled very poorly.

It was only mentioned they were independent from that alliance without explaining why. There could be different reasons for this: They could have been either hidden too well, just too small or too new.
Well you'll have to ask yourself what the balam alliance actually is. It's a non-aggression pact and the fact that RT can survive without needing one should be a testament to their strength. Size is irrelevant, as shown by Oración Seis and as shown here (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7234-10/fairy-tail/chapter-119.html) he most likely formed his guild quite a few years ago.

Where was such a hint? ö_Ö
Check Gildartz's info card
Ivan being Makarov's son does NOT make him strong automatically. Luxus was also said to be weak which is why Ivan turned his son into a second generation Dragon Slayer, and that is why Luxus was able to become an S-class mage. Not because he's of Makarov's descent.
Luxus can use Fairy Law, that alone should tell you that even without his lightning abilities, he is still a fearsome opponent and a reason for this was said to be because of him being related to Makarov in the fighting festival arc.

Gildarts in the meantime was established as an S class mage who'd even take SS class and ten year missions. Someone extremely outstanding and unrivaled.

"Building an anti-FT guild" doesn't mean they trained. They literally could have relied on their ability only to counter any magic from FT. See, I'm a friend of good fan theories - but IMHO you've been seriously overhyping Ivan and RT.
Nevertheless, he still spent 7 years preparing.

Why don't we just wait for the arc to come to a conclusion? For now, we already know that RT is involved with Arcadios' plan - and just because they're out of the tournament and taken out of the arena doesn't mean they're out of the arc's plot, nor that they can't return in any future arc.

1337 haxor
June 16, 2012, 06:29 PM
Raven Tail is not weak, I have to praise and hate Mashima for fooling the audience about their hype for so long but fact is that their strenght was always left open.

The Balam Alliance is a non-agression pact formerly made by the three most powerful dark guilds not to get on each other's business. Every other dark guild was somehow subordinated to their might.

Raven Tail was stated to be the only independant dark guild so what does that gives? It means that they were the fourth dark guild in terms of power and that they could put a costly fight against single members of the alliance but it doesn't mean that they had a strenght to face against the light guilds on their own.

Let's make a comparison:

Oracion Seis had one mage of Erza's level (Midnight), one mage of Natsu's level (Cobra), two mages of Gray's level (Racer and Hoteye), one mage of Lucy's level (Angel) and a Guild Master whose strenght matched that of Laxus at best.

Grimoire Heart had three Erza level mages (Azuma, Ultear and Rustyrose), one mage of Natsu's level (Zancrow), one mage of Gray's/Juvia's level (Meredy), two mages of Lucy's level (Kain Hikaru and Zoldeo), one mage of Gildartz's level (Bluenote) and a guild master whose strenght surpassed that of Makarov. They were so far known as the strongest dark guild of their time.

Raven Tail so far has one mage of Lucy's level (Flare), three mages of Gray's level (Nullpuding, Kurohebi and Obra) and a guild master whose strenght would be on par with Erza at best.

Don't take this conclusions for certain, they are wildly flawed when it comes to precision and battle comparison.

What I am trying to say is that Raven Tail had the same strenght as team Natsu at best, while this is enough to not let other guilds mess with you it would fall short of a major threat against the likes of Fairy Tail, who singled Grimoire Heart entirely on it's own.

Remeber that Laxus had the strenght to knock out Erza with a single powerful blow when she had her guard down, so it's not far fetched that he could take on all of Raven Tail on a quick rush as his strenght is even greater than the time he fought against half of his guild's elite and only lost because deep inside he did not want to harm his guild mates.

More than anything, Iwan had his resolution completely destroyed while fighting his son, he had completely lost his composture and was in awe when he saw how easily Laxus handled the top members of his guild. He chickened out rather than using his head and trying to couter Laxus with more powerful magic.

Still, Laxus is stronger than his father even if the later had put up more of a fight.

Uriel
June 16, 2012, 07:39 PM
excuse me for being a fanboy, but Flare's level is not the same as Lucy. She's highly superior to her. I actually rate Lucy in the top 10 mages on Fairy Tail excluding the masters.

Anyway, talking about levels is somewhat tricky and doesn't actually belongs to this chapter discussion.

thousandIN1
June 16, 2012, 09:07 PM
my brother thinks the wendy vs chelia fight is gonna be the best one so far. IMO it's gonna be a slugfest. tbh i was a little disappointed with RT, but this tournament is a about bringing fame back to FT. Elfman got the ball rolling then it snowballed to Mira-->Erza-->Cana-->Laxus-->next is Wendy's turn to shine. as for that chelia chick, i think she is gonna have copy magic(as someone already stated)(nara from naruto)/and some form of doll magic. I honestly thought that the pumpkin was part of the bad guys or had dark powers connected to Zeref, he was absent on the 2nd day, the same day Jellel couldn't sense anything. with the whole mavis thing, i think her and zeref are part of the same person/dragon.(like in sonic shuffle...anyone??)

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/morrigan-lillith-x2.gif

Zeltrax
June 16, 2012, 09:46 PM
I guess I was right so, LOL. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/77118-Fairy-Tail-286-Discussion-287-Predictions?p=2920968&viewfull=1#post2920968)

Probably no laughing matter but Mashima had really cross the line this time.
There was always some form of logical explanation to why hyped up enemies lost and the fights despite having deus ex machina all the time were at least acceptable.
But this....no special moves used, no killer attacks...no fairy law....just a few zaps and punches and he won in a single chapter. Bravo Mashima, I guess making Laxus looks cool went over your head.
I think he was aiming for a chapter combos where fairy tail gets to be flashy and show off, the first being erza and the second cana followed by Laxus.
The plot device used to make Laxus look so cool was Raven tail, a guild that was hyped so much and have the potential to be a major threat.

I'm going to make Laxus do something incredible like what Erza did! Ah but I have no idea what so I'll just be using raven tail. Huh? Screw all those plots points!
I'll just lamely finish them in one chapter, the important thing here is making Laxus looks cool!

:fail

Ifrit
June 16, 2012, 09:52 PM
There was no hints during the series that Raven Tail is strong at any point. Also it was only said that Gildartz dislike Ivan. Not because hes strong, but because he is an A H

I remember Ivan was planing to take Laxus Lachryma away to sell it, and then with the funds he might be able to start a war with Fairy Tail. Which means his guild was weak, and poor back then !!

He said they are the anit-fairy tail, but how do you buy it after you seen Lucy Vs Flare ? About 7 years training, We all thought that MAX. is stronger than Natsu. Until Natsu made an ass-pull in the end of the fight.

I don't know why people expecting Laxus to have trouble with some1 like Ivan. Did you see Laxus Vs HADES - Makarov Vs HADES ?

hossice
June 16, 2012, 10:00 PM
Okay I was just wondering about the rest of the games and I'm a little stumped. There are two fighting days left after this last one. There are four people from sabertooth that have been hinted at having good fights with fairy tail (sting, rouge, orga, rufus) now how can four people fight with two days left? D: same goes for fairy tail A (natsu, erza, and gray) three people in two days. -__- obviously this is the set up

Natsu - Sting
Gajeel - Rouge
Gray - Rufus
Laxus - Orga
Erza - Kagura

Also, since now there are 7 teams (odd number for those who aren't getting the hint) one team will compete twice most definitely each of the last two days for fighting.

1337 haxor
June 16, 2012, 10:00 PM
excuse me for being a fanboy, but Flare's level is not the same as Lucy. She's highly superior to her. I actually rate Lucy in the top 10 mages on Fairy Tail excluding the masters.

Anyway, talking about levels is somewhat tricky and doesn't actually belongs to this chapter discussion.

Like I said, those power levels aren't precise or meant to be used in a comparison.

They were just made up on the basis that certain mages could keep up a good match with the one's they are put in league with.

They aren't the focus of the post, the focus is that Raven Tail is a powerful guild on it's own right but it doesn't mean they pose the same threat other dark guilds previously faced could demonstrate.

Talking about Lucy is speaking of the craziest wild card in the entire series, her hidden potential is a big unknown that could range between Erza level and godlike.

Case in point she is already a walking one women army on her own right, if she summons her entire set of celestial spirits she could take down an entire guild by herself.

MechR
June 16, 2012, 10:57 PM
There was no hints during the series that Raven Tail is strong at any point.
There were plenty of hints. Aside from Ivan's family and guild relations, look at RT's size and prominence on the Dark Guild chart:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/262/gremiososcuro.th.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/262/gremiososcuro.jpg)

And that was before half the Balam Alliance collapsed, opening a big power vacuum.

In fact, forget the details. The bottom line is, everyone expected Raven Tail to have their own arc, which only works if they're an actual threat.

The worst part is, even if they weren't a match for FT in the past, they had SEVEN YEARS to grow into a credible threat. Villain catchup was the whole point of having a timeskip, yet Mashima just threw away his best piece! The one he strategically built anticipation for across several arcs! Why would you do that??

crimsonlink310
June 16, 2012, 11:12 PM
Well its not like RT would end right away. Ivan and the others can simply exit jail because at worst they cheated in a tournament and were banned. Also trying to kill Laxus in an arena full of Guild members and magic police is asking for bloodshed from Fairy Tail.

Anyways looking forward to Wendy fighting and maybe showing her new moves off. Then it will be Day 4's event and the long awaited Tag battle portion. Assuming that Zeref appearing/sensing his energy doesn't cancel the tournament.

For the Tag battle I would like Natsu and Lucy vs Sting and Minerva. Redeem Lucy by beating Minerva and Natsu will beat Sting. This sets up for Natsu not fighting on day 5 and Lucy being injured enough to be easily captured.

Now that RT is out, there are only 7 teams so the events should turn out a bit awkward.

hossice
June 17, 2012, 12:19 AM
More than likely it'll be natsu and gray vs sting and rufus for the tag battle. and fairy tail team B juvia and mira jane vs lamia scale lyon and yuka at least that's what im predicting.

zerocooldx
June 17, 2012, 12:58 AM
Natsu - Sting
Gajeel - Rouge
Gray - Rufus
Laxus - Orga
Erza - Kagura

Also, since now there are 7 teams (odd number for those who aren't getting the hint) one team will compete twice most definitely each of the last two days for fighting.

I have a strong feeling that there will be a FT A vs. FT B match-up that takes place before this is all said and done, and it'll probably be the best match we see. This possibility was strongly hinted at when FT B was shown to have qualified. My money is on it being Natsu vs. Gajeel. I just don't see everyone getting to fight everyone they "want to or should " fight in such a neat and orderly fashion. I think some of those match-ups may be saved for outside of the Grand Magic Games.

1337 haxor
June 17, 2012, 01:09 AM
There were plenty of hints. Aside from Ivan's family and guild relations, look at RT's size and prominence on the Dark Guild chart:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/262/gremiososcuro.th.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/262/gremiososcuro.jpg)

And that was before half the Balam Alliance collapsed, opening a big power vacuum.

In fact, forget the details. The bottom line is, everyone expected Raven Tail to have their own arc, which only works if they're an actual threat.

The worst part is, even if they weren't a match for FT in the past, they had SEVEN YEARS to grow into a credible threat. Villain catchup was the whole point of having a timeskip, yet Mashima just threw away his best piece! The one he strategically built anticipation for across several arcs! Why would you do that??

He trolled us, that's a given.

The problem is that Raven Tail came across far to late into the picture to become a new main source of attriction to FT.

There is no point introducing them as major villains when Zeref is back at large and probably has both Tartaros and a rebuild Grimoire Heart under his command.

Previous to that whole Zeref end of the world thing, when the series was still more guild focused, the idea of an anti-Fairy Tail guild sounded thrilling because Phantom Lord was such a great arc and we expected to up the ante.

However, Fairy Tail became increasingly more overpowered and got itself into deeper dark stuff related to Zeref's shenanigans.

After the Fighting Festival arc when Raven Tail last received any serious hype, they disappeared from the plot completely until returning as a legal guild fighting Fairy Tail with dirty tricks.

If Mashima wanted to show them as powerful villains he would have made them a new corner of the Ballam Alliance right of the bat with major shock rather than introducing them alongside a lot of other guilds like a commom player.

All in all they ended up being the Team Rocket of this series, a bunch of wackos with considerable skill but not by far an evil power that would put the good guys in danger.

However, don't think that this is the last you will see of them. There is a huge chance Arcadios will help Iwan get Lumen Histoire to create a distraction for him to complete the Eclipse plan.

The most epic scenario would be Iwan unleashing something highly destructive he can't control while Zeref calls Tartaros and Grimoire Heart to pound the legal guilds and the magic council.

Marche
June 17, 2012, 03:08 AM
I believe that the presence that Gerard, Urtear and Meldy feel came by Chellia.
I believe this by what Mavis comments about her power, and even because it’s too early for the Arcadias plan to begin.
I don’t know what power she has, but I believe that it’s a lost magic, infact even if by the reaction of Urtear, Gerard and Meldy we know that this magic has some bond with Zereff, this don’t means that Zereff is involved directly, infact even if indirectly they stated that even their magic smells Zereff http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/263/17.
Anyways for the result of the match I bet on a draw.
Because with a draw without counting Raven Tail that they have been disqualified this would be the classification:
1) Sabertooth 34.
2) Mermaid Hell.
3) Lamia Scale 31 (26+5).
4) Fairy Tail team B 30.
5) Fairy Tail team A 27.
6) Blue Pegasus 18.
7) Quatro Puppy 14.
In this situations there are 5 guilds in only 7 points, beside I believe that in the 4th day Blue Pegasus will close a little bit the gap thanks to his new magical power.
To tell the truth there is the possibility that Wendy will lose, then if as I believe after the 4th day we will have two days in which the tournament will be suspensed Wendy could mastered the 2 spell that Grandine left her, then on the 5th day she could take her revenge.
Anyways I believe that this battle will take at least two chapters.

GomuGomu_Getsuga
June 17, 2012, 07:01 AM
I could care less about Raven Tail. Why do they have to be strong to be good villains anyway? Ivan might get some unholy power then come back busting heads until Natsu and Laxus team up and take him down.

I don't remember it ever being stated that Ivan and Gildartz were rivals.

Also, people are too high up on Gildartz. Didn't he lose his battle against Hades' right hand man?

lawlett-kun
June 17, 2012, 07:39 AM
I could care less about Raven Tail. Why do they have to be strong to be good villains anyway? Ivan might get some unholy power then come back busting heads until Natsu and Laxus team up and take him down.

I don't remember it ever being stated that Ivan and Gildartz were rivals.

Also, people are too high up on Gildartz. Didn't he lose his battle against Hades' right hand man?

i believe he won that. plus gildarts is really strong, its not just a hype.

Marche
June 17, 2012, 08:57 AM
In this post I will write only about the case if Ivan has been defeatad, while in my next pot I will write about Lumen Histoire, what could happened after this defeat or even if the chance that Ivan purposely lost:
To begin is true that Mashima never stated that he was strong, in fact Makarov was not worry of his power, but the informations that he had (and infact by what Luxus said in chapter 286 here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/286/24 seem that Makarov defeated him easily), and the fact that Gildzarts cards stated that he hates Ivan this don’t means that he is strong.
Beside I have always thought (this since the beginning, while I must admit that I was tricked by Gildzarts card and Makarov worries) that he did not join the Balam Alleance because his only enemies/target was Fairy Tail, while at least for Oracion Seis and GH their target affected the whole world.

What I truly can’t understand why Ivan said that he knew Fairy Tail’s weak point,
In fact except for Nullpuding which his power his similar to that of Eflman, the power of the others don’t seem directly opposite of Fairy Tail power.
I don’t even believe that Gazille tricked them, give false information about the magic power of Fairy Tail, because I believe that Ivan already knew that Natsu was a dragonslayer or that Gray uses ice (and even all the other magic power of all the other Fairy Tail’s mages).
Beside that he was the one who put the lacryma on Luxus body, so he surely would know Luxus’s strength, or anyways even if he left the guild before that Luxus became so strong, he would be able to know it anyways by Gazille or by newspaper.

Anyways it’s funny what Ivan said to Luxus in chapter 286, when he said “You know my power…”, after that he should have added “so go easy to me, don’t kill me”.
Infact if Ivan fight seriously he would be the weakest enemies which Fairy Tail fought, even counting the first enemies, Lyon or Erigor (in fact Luxus did not even entered in dragonslayer mode).
In fact his paper dolls sucks, its attack power is truly low, the damage that are able to do to the enemies is really low, while it did not give any protection.
Beside that Ivan is really slow.
The funny thing is that the one that Flare the previous chapter seem the weakest has been the one who put the best performance, she was able to catch Luxus and was defeated by Luxus powerfull attack (at least the powerfull of the one that he uses in this chapter), while Kurohebi and Obra the one who seem the strongest have been defeated immediately.

I did not thought that Raven Tail would be utterly defeated and would have been expelled by the tournament, even if I was sure that they would not be the neither the true villain of this arc (this will be Arcadias) or of the tournament (this will be Sabertooth).
If they would have been truly defeated I don’t know what will happened to them, except perhaps Flare will join Fairy Tail, because perhaps Lucy will go to met her in prison.
Anyways if Ivan has truly lose he will not be important anymore, not matter what he will do afterward he would remain a failure character even more that Hades.

hoeru
June 17, 2012, 09:50 AM
Since you don't know how to use the quotation proplerly, I'm only able to copy and paste your stuff. Please use the QUOTE tags instead of writing your text INTO the quotation.

Well you'll have to ask yourself what the balam alliance actually is. It's a non-aggression pact and the fact that RT can survive without needing one should be a testament to their strength. Size is irrelevant, as shown by Oración Seis and as shown here he most likely formed his guild quite a few years ago.

As a matter of fact we didn't have any information on neither RT's strength nor its size nor its whereabouts nor its mages abilities. Mashima left it all unknown, and in those years not even Makarov knew where Ivan was nor his guild. Gajeel found out where the headquarters were, and he was most likely approached by Ivan to join his anti Fairy Tail guild as Phantom Lord was disbanded as a result of their attack on Fairy Tail.

Check Gildartz's info card
So, Gildarts "doesn't like" Ivan. But where's the rivalty in there which makes Ivan being defined as strong character? Makarov clearly said that Ivan endangered the lives of Fairy Tail members on the page you linked, and got excommunicated therefore. Even low level magic is able to put another mage into mortal danger as it is shown in the Onibus station.

Just reread Gildarts vs. Bluenote how much pissed Gildarts was when Bluenote was about to kill Kana - even before he knew she was his daughter.

Luxus can use Fairy Law, that alone should tell you that even without his lightning abilities, he is still a fearsome opponent and a reason for this was said to be because of him being related to Makarov in the fighting festival arc.
How does that make Ivan strong?

And ... it's actually the other way round to what Fried said: Luxus wasn't able to harm the Fairy Tail members with Fairy Law because he inherited the will of his grandfather to protect Fairy Tail. And that is why Fairy Law didn't work.

Nevertheless, he still spent 7 years preparing.
Preparing still only means "preparing" not training - to collect mages with abilities.

Look at Flare - she's said to be a TOP 5 member of Raven Tail, and still only won in her fight against Lucy because of dirty tricks and someone intervening the fight from outside draining Lucy's magical power. So Ivan collected only a bunch of weaklings and thought it would be enough just to look on their abilities.

Uuuhm... No?

Now that RT is out, there are only 7 teams so the events should turn out a bit awkward.

I think on day 6, there'll be a melée of all seven guilds, and I expect all other fighters being crushed by FT.A and FT.B in their fight to make out the winner of the initial bet. Arcadios' plan will begin in competition round of the final day.

Ifrit
June 17, 2012, 11:14 AM
Okay I was just wondering about the rest of the games and I'm a little stumped. There are two fighting days left after this last one.

There will be a tag battle, which probably will be Natsu+Gray Vs Sting +Rufu

Why people are relating being powerful by being some1 son. You guys keep repeating Ivan is Makarov son, and not saying...wait Kana is Gildartz daughter, and she is not strong

Krono
June 17, 2012, 11:55 AM
Why people are relating being powerful by being some1 son. You guys keep repeating Ivan is Makarov son, and not saying...wait Kana is Gildartz daughter, and she is not strong

Why are you saying Cana is not strong when just a couple chapters ago she demonstrated that when no longer crippled by depression and self doubt, and with a bit of proper training, she had sufficient power to use Fairy Glitter at a level that surpassed Jura's attack? Sure she isn't an all around power house like Laxus or Erza, but she has a crap ton of potential that she'd been letting go to waste and is now starting to make use of.

Ifrit
June 17, 2012, 12:53 PM
Why are you saying Cana is not strong when just a couple chapters ago she demonstrated that when no longer crippled by depression and self doubt, and with a bit of proper training, she had sufficient power to use Fairy Glitter at a level that surpassed Jura's attack? Sure she isn't an all around power house like Laxus or Erza, but she has a crap ton of potential that she'd been letting go to waste and is now starting to make use of.

Remember my words. After Mavis lent her Fairy Glitter. Cana is now going back to the shadows. Just like before !! (Beside Fairy Glitter) is not something Kana acquired by training. Like Laxus did with Fairy Law.

I still remember Bluenote words even the strongest magic is useless with the hands of incapable user. Hitting a training target is not the same as hitting a moving target, or even a target that will fight back...sigh...:fail

haegar
June 17, 2012, 12:59 PM
^ mavis stated she got it in her, I dunno how much more official a later to come full powerup for any given FT mage can be made ^^ once she fully discards her unreasonable fear of being dwarfed by daddy's enormous shadow she's gonna skyrocket - plus, Hiro can't possibly ignore the opportunity to let a body like hers pwn - or should I say to let dat ass kick ass? :derp

Manta33
June 17, 2012, 01:05 PM
Anyone else think Obra could be Zeref's cat?

1337 haxor
June 17, 2012, 01:43 PM

Kana is strong, she wouldn't have made it to the S-Class trial 5 times in a row if she didn't had the potential to become an excellent mage.

Problem is that this series is not Naruto, having a powerful bloodline doesn't mean you automatically has a superior class of power.

It also doesn't mean that you will surpass your parents, Cana hardly will reach Gildartz in power unless she makes Fairy Glitter and derivatives her new main type of magic.

All in all, most mages in this series come from standard families or doesn't have know parents at all.

The only mages with given powerful parents are Laxus, Cana and Ultear.

haegar
June 17, 2012, 02:12 PM
Anyone else think Obra could be Zeref's cat?
I believed the Imp was Zeref himself but if you say it like that it makes a whole lot more sense :mono

that would btw mean that eventually Happy is gonna shine and totally pwn that thing :hee

just to make sure people don't think I'm just joking, it REALLY makes sense:
cats can have special abilities - see Lily - Zeref's cat's special ability negate magic is hax and is akin to Zeref's own negate life wave, also, that thing looks about as devious as Acknologia (albeit in chibby) I rly like this lots :verily

1337 haxor
June 17, 2012, 04:24 PM
I believed the Imp was Zeref himself but if you say it like that it makes a whole lot more sense :mono

that would btw mean that eventually Happy is gonna shine and totally pwn that thing :hee

just to make sure people don't think I'm just joking, it REALLY makes sense:
cats can have special abilities - see Lily - Zeref's cat's special ability negate magic is hax and is akin to Zeref's own negate life wave, also, that thing looks about as devious as Acknologia (albeit in chibby) I rly like this lots :verily

Zeref made more than 10000 demons, it's not far fetched to think that Raven Tail would find one of them and recruit it as their member. I don't know wether they knew about his nature or not but still there is no doubt that thing ain't good.

As a matter of fact it would make sense if Zeref had a pet that is the opposite of an Exceed, all true dragon slayers have cats, since he was around way before the Exceed came and he is probably the dragon slayer of death I wouldn't put it past Mashima to give him a twisted pet.

haegar
June 17, 2012, 04:33 PM
I've been think about this a bit, we don't know if he was around before the exceed came ... for all we know Hiro might pull a smart one and reveal the whole parallel universe only ever happened cause Zeref kinda screwed up the universe :hee So what I'm saying is actually exceed might have been around back then .. though that 'thing' does not look like an exceed (anymore?) ...

hoeru
June 17, 2012, 05:44 PM
BTW. Isn't it odd to say that such a bright thing like "Lumen Histoire" is the guild's darkness of which Purehito said, Makarov would have let too much light into its magic? But apparently the secret on LH is something even Mavis fears to come to surface... :/

haegar
June 17, 2012, 06:58 PM
I have another crackpot theory :derp

suppose Lumen Histoire and the Eclipse gate are two sides of a coin which we shall visuallize with this not entirely unknown symbol :cheez

http://www.reiki499.de/ENERGIEN/I-GING/images/yin_yang.png
Lumen is the dark point in the white side of the coin, at it's core is darkness that it somehow converts to light, thus FT protects in a way a darkness as at it's core is some primordial essence of DARK. On the other hand, Eclipse Gate is the polar opposite that can turn the light at it's core into darkness...

Thus, one might think they both are part of the balance of things. But Arkadios had eclipse gate "constructed" - so who says Lumen is something "natural"...

Let's suppose neither of these two things are "natural", and also suppose due to the actions of a certain Fairy in the past, Lumen came into existance first and as a result the current magical world is not balanced, that is to say, maybe Mavis made Lumen, in the process sacrificing the natural balance of things in order to make magic "white" to give it to the world in a less destructive way...

maybe "eclipse gate" is Zeref's "counter" so to speak? maybe there is some celestial gate that when opened by the 12 keys, by sacrificing a stellar mage in it can get perverted into the exact opposite of Lumen?
Ah but that would only restore the balance...Hence for a world of darkness, not only need Eclipse be brought into action but also Lumen be destroyed ... Hence the two angles, finding Lumen and getting Eclipse working ...

er, that is it ... as I said, crackpot. oh well, I tried :teehee

BlackHair
June 18, 2012, 12:23 AM
The Balam Alliance is a non-agression pact formerly made by the three most powerful dark guilds not to get on each other's business. Every other dark guild was somehow subordinated to their might.

Raven Tail was stated to be the only independent dark guild so what does that gives? It means that they were the fourth dark guild in terms of power and that they could put a costly fight against single members of the alliance but it doesn't mean that they had a strength to face against the light guilds on their own.You are quite wrong with ur analyse. In fact I have trouble understanding the logic in ur reasoning. Especially the bolded part makes absolute no sense to me. Being independent does not make u the weakest..

There is a clear difference in "influential power" and "fighting power". While powerful magic defines strength and fighting power, it is command over several guilds which defines influential power.

The member of the balam alliance were never stated as the strongest in the underworld. They had control over several weaker guilds, which defined their influential power. Raven Tail was not part of the alliance, because they had no inferior guilds. Hence they had way less influence in the underworld. As you can see on the board (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7246-12/fairy-tail/chapter-131.html), RT stands alone. The alliance was a non-aggression pact formed by the influential guilds to avoid conflicts in the underworld.

Furthermore alliances are usually created to avoid conflicts of those who share a similar goal. Besides being not influential in the underworld, RT had a whole different goal all together. While guilds such as Oración Seis and Grimore Heart had global scale goals, RTs sole purpose was FT and its secret. In hatred towards his father, Ivan created a guild solely to crush Fairy Tail.

Last but not least, if u pay more attention to the drawing, you will notice the giant black circle Mashima put RT in. Much bigger than those retainers guilds in control by the alliance. Big enough to compare to each individual alliance guild. So plz don't go saying they were always portrayed as the fourth weakest. That's simply a misinterpretation.

Conclusion:

RT had no influence in the underworld and a different goal than the balam alliance.
The Balam alliance was created by the influential guilds to avoid conflicts in the underworld.

1337 haxor
June 18, 2012, 02:04 AM
You are quite wrong with ur analyse. In fact I have trouble understanding the logic in ur reasoning. Especially the bolded part makes absolute no sense to me. Being independent does not make u the weakest..

There is a clear difference in "influential power" and "fighting power". While powerful magic defines strength and fighting power, it is command over several guilds which defines influential power.

The member of the balam alliance were never stated as the strongest in the underworld. They had control over several weaker guilds, which defined their influential power. Raven Tail was not part of the alliance, because they had no inferior guilds. Hence they had way less influence in the underworld. As you can see on the board (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7246-12/fairy-tail/chapter-131.html), RT stands alone. The alliance was a non-aggression pact formed by the influential guilds to avoid conflicts in the underworld.

Furthermore alliances are usually created to avoid conflicts of those who share a similar goal. Besides being not influential in the underworld, RT had a whole different goal all together. While guilds such as Oración Seis and Grimore Heart had global scale goals, RTs sole purpose was FT and its secret. In hatred towards his father, Ivan created a guild solely to crush Fairy Tail.

Last but not least, if u pay more attention to the drawing, you will notice the giant black circle Mashima put RT in. Much bigger than those retainers guilds in control by the alliance. Big enough to compare to each individual alliance guild. So plz don't go saying they were always portrayed as the fourth weakest. That's simply a misinterpretation.

Conclusion:

RT had no influence in the underworld and a different goal than the balam alliance.
The Balam alliance was created by the influential guilds to avoid conflicts in the underworld.

Nice job wasting your time, I said Raven Tail was probably the fourth strongest and that allowed them to not get pushed around.

Independent goals might play a role in it but to me the whole alliance sounded like a mafia organization that would force others to do their bidding if they didn't feel threatened to push them.

kkck
June 18, 2012, 10:34 AM
Seriously, what does lumen histoire mean? I have been looking into it for some time but I am still not sure. Is the actual translation for that Etoile or histoire? Anyways, lumen means light. Etoile means light. Histoire means history. So we have either light of stars or light of history the way I see it. The issue with either one is that it would basically mix 2 languages. Lumen is latin and either of the other alternatives is in french. I did find something interesting. The latin word for history is histor, which is kinda similar to histoire. Perhaps that is the correct translation? Anyways, if we use google translate on lumen histor the literal translation is "the light of history". This also is mildly consistent with lumen histoire except that it does not mix two languages. I would argue that lumen histoire at this point is something similar to the idea of star memory from rave except to a lesser scale. Basically lumen histoire is simply history, recorder information lost to everyone. It is also plausible this information is what lead hades to the darkness.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 18, 2012, 11:27 AM
Sounds like you already knew what it meant. That doesn't sound like the guild's dark secret though. If anything, keeping secrets from history that can drive people insane secret is actually a good thing. If it's a historic record then it's gotta be of something bad the guild once did.

My theory: it's the stolen life force of something powerful. Like a fairy. Or maybe a dragon, since those like to somehow be important without ever doing anything.

THM Nindo
June 18, 2012, 11:32 AM
Seriously, what does lumen histoire mean? I have been looking into it for some time but I am still not sure. Is the actual translation for that Etoile or histoire? Anyways, lumen means light. Etoile means light. Histoire means history. So we have either light of stars or light of history the way I see it. The issue with either one is that it would basically mix 2 languages. Lumen is latin and either of the other alternatives is in french. I did find something interesting. The latin word for history is histor, which is kinda similar to histoire. Perhaps that is the correct translation? Anyways, if we use google translate on lumen histor the literal translation is "the light of history". This also is mildly consistent with lumen histoire except that it does not mix two languages. I would argue that lumen histoire at this point is something similar to the idea of star memory from rave except to a lesser scale. Basically lumen histoire is simply history, recorder information lost to everyone. It is also plausible this information is what lead hades to the darkness.

It could be many things.
Lumen means Light and Histoire means Story.

But Lumen can also mean : "a cavity or passage in a tubular organ"
So, it could be a passage to something else, similar to how people think that the Eclipse is a gateway to somewhere.

But, seriously, I wouldn't dig to much in the names.
Many names (especially guilds names) don't make sense in this manga...

matzik1212
June 18, 2012, 12:30 PM
Hmm i have to say i was kinda disappointed with this chapter . I mean yeah i'm glad Laxus won this but am i the only one who thinks Mashima kinda hurried with this fight . Everything seems rushed in this chapter . Come on , you mean to tell me Laxus could take down all 5 of RT , one of those 5 being the Master of the guild ?:blink It's simply ridiculous .

I would have honsetly rooted for him if he struggled a little 'cause that should have been the case but just seeing this fight , i don't know but i just can't say that was a fight . It was more like 1 hit KO -_-; Anyway this reminds me of Elfman's battle . Mashima sensei trashed Natsu and Gray but put some weaklings like Elfman and Cana in a godly position . Ridiculous , that's all i'm gonna say .

I don't have anything with Laxus , i know he's strong but the fight was disappointing . :oh

About Wendy's fight , i hope she'll show us an interesting fight :) and i wonder if Zeref's magic came from that girl Chelia or is it from that black thing that attacked Wendy that time. Looking forward to next week :)

haegar
June 18, 2012, 02:13 PM
^I am almost certain he gave us a red herring with Chelia's magic and the implication it might be Zeref related. As for Laxus pwning all too easily and quickly, true, I was likewise set for cheering him on as he struggles the next two weeks ...still, nice to see he grows into gramps shoes more and more ... he reminds of the pics we had of young Makarov...

About the powerups for 2nd row characters compared to the strongest team, I have a feeling this arc's endfight enemies will be much more badass, so if Natsu doesn't get his moment against Sting he'll probably shine all the more against whatever Arkadios brings to the fight...not to mention atm it really begins to look like Zeref might make some appearance in some way ...

edit: on the Lumen Histoire meaning, I lean towards something related to "the history of the light side of magic" - not in the sense that is a recording of said history but something that can actively "shape" it - there is this saying about "whose version of history, or history being written by the victor" - normally that has to do with how something is defined in an intellectual or political/social discourse, but even in the real world the power to enforce this or that version of history is "power" over the presence and future in some way ... I expect it to somehow have power over how strong or weak the light side of magic in general is ...

GomuGomu_Getsuga
June 18, 2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c241/

Gildartz isn't that strong. You can't even say he won the fight because here he can't even move. I stand by my previous posts.

MechR
June 18, 2012, 10:27 PM
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c241/

Gildartz isn't that strong. You can't even say he won the fight because here he can't even move. I stand by my previous posts.
You're forgetting he was depowered halfway through the fight until Erza could beat Azuma. :-_-

Freid
June 19, 2012, 12:14 AM
I have a strong feeling that there will be a FT A vs. FT B match-up that takes place before this is all said and done, and it'll probably be the best match we see. This possibility was strongly hinted at when FT B was shown to have qualified. My money is on it being Natsu vs. Gajeel. I just don't see everyone getting to fight everyone they "want to or should " fight in such a neat and orderly fashion. I think some of those match-ups may be saved for outside of the Grand Magic Games.

Had the same thought. I was initially hoping for a Mirajane vs Erza fight but that probably won't happen. As old rivals, I've always been obsessed with who was more powerful. Mashima just doesn't give Mirajane enough credit. I'd like to see her really let loose again, which means no shackles or handicaps like in the fight against Azuma and no turning the fight into a silly swimsuit contest.....Since Mirajane vs Erza doesn't seem to be on the cards any more, I'd be satisfied with a Mirajane vs Minerva match up though. In fact, I predict this :hee

lawlett-kun
June 19, 2012, 08:38 AM
am i the only one who actually wants to see juvia fight?

haegar
June 19, 2012, 09:35 AM
^you kidding? :derp I am eagerly waiting for powerup v2 of her rage mode against Meredy :mono

Though I have to admit I don't mind if she fights in the tournament or later in whatever else the arc brings, in fact, in a later fight where she protects something dear to her or gets ticked off emotionally chances of her pwning badass are much higher :cheez

Then again, come to think of it, while I wouldn't mind Gray getting his moment against Rufus ... maybe there is something to be said for Gray loosing and lateron Juvia rage-handling the guy who beat up HER Gray :teehee - I didn't pay much attention to all the speculations on possible tournament line-ups for the next days, is that concievable that she can get lined up against whoever beats Gray?

Anyways, I trust in Hiro not having forgotten about her...

Kauia
June 20, 2012, 01:55 AM
I really love Juvia all the more especially if its Gray related. The way that girl reacts when it's Gray could become either so comical yet so amazing at the same time. I loved her match against Meredy. I bet if it was a woman she's fighting, she'd think that person is into Gray so I expect her to go nutty on that person. Besides, Juvia has yet to join a one on one battle so I think we should expect it to happen.

If a fairy tail A or Fairy tail B match up happens, I feel like it's going to turn out to some comical fight that Fairy Tail members would have funny reactions with betting or not really caring who wins with the whole arena questioning their sanity.

matzik1212
June 20, 2012, 06:48 AM
Yeah a FT A vs. FT B would be awesome . That match wouldn't be just amazing 'cause of the guys participating in it but also comical and it will let everyone with their mouths wide open . :teehee

It would resemble the usual mess they always do in the guild when they are hyped over certain things :XD Hmm now i have to say that it kinda sucks Natsu and Gray both are part of FT A . Their match would have been the best to see :lmao

Kauia
June 20, 2012, 08:04 AM
Oh I just had an idea. A team fight wouldn't be so bad. It'd be great if you had Ft team A and FT team B fights each other. It'd be really much comical! The crowd would be left hanging open and the guild would be laughing and betting money who to win. I bet Cana would go around the audience for asking to bet which team would win. The judges wouldn't even know how to describe the scene. Hell, the fight might almost destroy the stadium. I think some few others like Laxus might just watch them from afar though he should be fighting.

BlackHair
June 20, 2012, 08:52 AM
I apologize for my late reply, I had some stuff on my hands. Even though the discussion seemed to have moved on, I need to bring this up again, as I have some unwritten thoughts.

My issue in this discussion are those posts defending Mashimas hype, saying RT was never hyped. Its somewhat funny though, prior to this arc no one (rly nobody!) expected Ivan to be weak. Now since he turned out to be weak, its interesting to read ppl saying he was never expected to be strong, or his strength was never foreshadowed. Im not sure whether those posts are to defend Mashima or to mock our intelligence, but well let me re-explain (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/77198-Fairy-Tail-287-Discussion-288-Predictions?p=2923989&viewfull=1#post2923989).

Ivans introduction (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7243-19/fairy-tail/chapter-128.html)

Fairy Tail is a shounen story. If it comes to shounen plot important character there are two kinds. The one being physically capable, the other who are not. Ivan is the father of a beast and the son of a ten wizards saint. Evidentially he had to be strong. This is a freaking shounen manga, not some real life drama.

If he would have been a doctor, a rich dude, a king or anything other than a fighting character, we might have rightfully questioned his strength. However he was presented as a dark mage and as one of the Dreyar, as such he had to be strong.

Dark guild diagram -> RT (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7246-12/fairy-tail/chapter-131.html)

While every weak guild is painted into a small box, the stronger guilds are painted in bigger circle. RT along with GH, O6 and Tartarus are painted into a big circle. Since we witnessed the strength of O6 and GH, the expectation of Raven Tail were comparable great.

Gildartz info card (http://www.mangareader.net/135-45080-1/fairy-tail/chapter-167.html)

He is one of the guilds strongest character. Usually the strong ones don't bother with the weak. As such if a guy like Gildartz hates Ivan, there has to be more to it, than just disliking someone u hate.
Ultimately it is because of ALL pieces of information many expected great from him. This is like a puzzle, several piece of information served to hype him and his guild. However it is disappointing and sad to learn that Mashima used RT to build the Lumiere secret and consequently decided to trash the RT plot for definite. They deserved a arc (main plot) on their own, but they were killed off as a side plot.

1337 haxor (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/77198-Fairy-Tail-287-Discussion-288-Predictions?p=2926210&viewfull=1#post2926210)
No need to wry, I wasn't wasting my time. As I like writing and polishing my English skills. Regarding ur post, u concluded and stated RT as the fourth strongest. Words such as "probably" were never used. I wouldn't have responded if it wasn't for ur seemingly sure opinion, with what I disagreed. That aside, I agree it seems like a Mafia system.

Ifrit (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/77198-Fairy-Tail-287-Discussion-288-Predictions?p=2925354&viewfull=1#post2925354)
This is not about Laxux. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Gildartz, Makarov or even Mavis who defeated Ivan. This is about Mashima trashing Ivan and his guild. The way they were defeated was just pathetic. He was not able to push Laxus to be even remotely serious. On top of that his top fighters of his guild were defeated along side him. They were weak, despite the long build-up.

exacta (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/77198-Fairy-Tail-287-Discussion-288-Predictions?p=2924079&viewfull=1#post2924079)
I rly have to agree. Charles vision is of no importance or excitement for me, as I know nothing will happen. Just like the indications of Makarov dying, he won't.. he is plot immortal. Even if he would die, I wouldn't care anymore as Mashima killed my care for him.

This arc was rly only about the Zodiac keys. RT was not needed, they deserved a arc on their own, not a miserable end as a side plot. Heck, they were not even a side plot, as they were used to hype the Lumière business.

GomuGomu_Getsuga
June 20, 2012, 02:55 PM
Depowered?? How exactly was Gildartz depowered? Can you make a link to the prove of that?

Marche
June 20, 2012, 02:56 PM
^you kidding? :derp I am eagerly waiting for powerup v2 of her rage mode against Meredy :mono

Though I have to admit I don't mind if she fights in the tournament or later in whatever else the arc brings, in fact, in a later fight where she protects something dear to her or gets ticked off emotionally chances of her pwning badass are much higher :cheez

Then again, come to think of it, while I wouldn't mind Gray getting his moment against Rufus ... maybe there is something to be said for Gray loosing and lateron Juvia rage-handling the guy who beat up HER Gray :teehee - I didn't pay much attention to all the speculations on possible tournament line-ups for the next days, is that concievable that she can get lined up against whoever beats Gray?

Anyways, I trust in Hiro not having forgotten about her...Even I would really like this scenarios.
To tell the truth I thought that Gray would have win against Rufus (or at least a draw, they would both not able to fight anymore), but then after he was pretty injured he would be knocking out by a member of Raven Tail (I thought Kurohebi).
Kurohebi would have even tried to hurt him even if he would be knocking out, but Lluvia would be able to save Gray in time.

Or at least Rufus would have be able to defeat Gray, and then Lluvia would be pissed and would be able to defeat Rufus, even because Rufus would have memorized Lluvia's power when she was not pissed.
I thought this because I believe this would happened in the fifth day, which would be made by 5 battle royal to elimination (as a royal rumble) made by a member of each team (and the choice would be made by the team itself, not by Arcadias).

Anyways what I wrote above was to say my thought about Lluvia, now I post the second part of my comment of this chapter (I posted the first part some days ago):
Anyways perhaps Makarov could go to met him in prison (Raven Tail will be put in prison only for this tournament, after its end they will be released, and anyways with them in prison Fairy Tail will put down their attention, so Lucy will be kidnapped) and so they would chat.
So perhaps we will know what happened to them and why Ivan was expelled.
Who knows perhaps in someway he discovered the information of Lumen Histoire and then he fall in the darkness for this, or perhaps for the fact that his father did not said anything to him about this, he could have thought that Makarov had not faith in him, that he did not considered him worthy of his trust.
I thought about this after this lastest chapter, after this lastest chapter I don’t think that Ivan is so evil how he seemed previously.
If this will be the case then perhaps at the end of this arc there will be a reconciliation.

Anyways form what seem Ivan serves only because perhaps Lumen Hisotoire will be used in this arc.
If this is the arc I believe that this would not needed, even because I already thought this, in fact after seeing the “Gateway of darkness”.
In fact I believe that Lumen Histoire will be used against it or at least will be used after it for delete his negative effects.
Or perhaps ghe Gateway of darkness will send Arcadias, Lucy and perhaps even some others in an ancient time, in the past, 400 years ago of the currently time, then Fairy Tail (with his allies) will use Lumen Histoire and will go to reach Lucy.
In fact I believe Lumen Histoire contains all the details of the magic, the story of the magic (perhaps only the light magic, not the dark magic), and then that gateway could open a pathway that could send them in the past, even if some condition must happened for it.

Anyways Ivan even if know of its existence he did not know where it is, so he never saw it.
For this reason I believe that he is wrong when he says that this is Fairy Tail’s darkness, even always for this reason I don’t believe that Lumen Histoire said that Mavis was evil.

Anyways I must say that there is the possibilities that in someway Ivan lose purposely, in fact I believe that he would have know that Luxus even if he knew the location of Lumen Histoire would have never said anything like that, so his goal was that of raise suspicion and intrigue Luxus, so that he would researched about it (or even better he would ask directly to Makarov the location of the guild), so he would have know the location of it because probably he in someway would have spy Luxus (if this will be the case I believe that we will know this at the end of the current arc, so we would wait several chapters).

Infact he could hidden is real strength, perhaps thanks to his paper magic.
In fact as I said in the thread for chapter 286 comments I believed this “…
I infact believed that his magic is very similar to that of Kain Hikaru, except for the fact that Ivan’s doll of paper take the form and the power (just as I said I think only a bit) of the dependent that is copied, while for Hikaru is the opposite, in the dependent that take the properties of the doll http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/226/14 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/226/15.”
Or perhaps Ivan could have lose purposely while the others for sure, but then we could discover that they are not the strongest mage of Raven Tail.

Anyway in the truth by Ivan’s reaction in this chapter and even by what he thought in the previous chapters I believe that he lose for sure, he did not faked his defeat.
Anyways perhaps Makarov could go to met him in prison (Raven Tail will be put in prison only for this tournament, after its end they will be released, and anyways with them in prison Fairy Tail will put down their attention, so Lucy will be kidnapped) and so they would chat.
So perhaps we will know what happened to them and why Ivan was expelled.
Who knows perhaps in someway he discovered the information of Lumen Histoire and then he fall in the darkness for this, or perhaps for the fact that his father did not said anything to him about this, he could have thought that Makarov had not faith in him, that he did not considered him worthy of his trust.
I thought about this after this lastest chapter, after this lastest chapter I don’t think that Ivan is so evil how he seemed previously.
If this will be the case then perhaps at the end of this arc there will be a reconciliation.

Anyways form what seem Ivan serves only because perhaps Lumen Hisotoire will be used in this arc.
If this is the arc I believe that this would not needed, even because I already thought this, in fact after seeing the “Gateway of darkness”.
In fact I believe that Lumen Histoire will be used against it or at least will be used after it for delete his negative effects.
Or perhaps ghe Gateway of darkness will send Arcadias, Lucy and perhaps even some others in an ancient time, in the past, 400 years ago of the currently time, then Fairy Tail (with his allies) will use Lumen Histoire and will go to reach Lucy.
In fact I believe Lumen Histoire contains all the details of the magic, the story of the magic (perhaps only the light magic, not the dark magic), and then that gateway could open a pathway that could send them in the past, even if some condition must happened for it.

Anyways Ivan even if know of its existence he did not know where it is, so he never saw it.
For this reason I believe that he is wrong when he says that this is Fairy Tail’s darkness, even always for this reason I don’t believe that Lumen Histoire said that Mavis was evil.

Anyways I must say that there is the possibilities that in someway Ivan lose purposely, in fact I believe that he would have know that Luxus even if he knew the location of Lumen Histoire would have never said anything like that, so his goal was that of raise suspicion and intrigue Luxus, so that he would researched about it (or even better he would ask directly to Makarov the location of the guild), so he would have know the location of it because probably he in someway would have spy Luxus (if this will be the case I believe that we will know this at the end of the current arc, so we would wait several chapters).

Infact he could hidden is real strength, perhaps thanks to his paper magic.
In fact as I said in the thread for chapter 286 comments I believed this “…
I infact believed that his magic is very similar to that of Kain Hikaru, except for the fact that Ivan’s doll of paper take the form and the power (just as I said I think only a bit) of the dependent that is copied, while for Hikaru is the opposite, in the dependent that take the properties of the doll http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/226/14 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/226/15.”
Or perhaps Ivan could have lose purposely while the others for sure, but then we could discover that they are not the strongest mage of Raven Tail.

Anyway in the truth by Ivan’s reaction in this chapter and even by what he thought in the previous chapters I believe that he lose for sure, he did not faked his defeat.

GomuGomu_Getsuga
June 20, 2012, 03:16 PM
Nevermind, I found what it is you were talking about. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c235/17.html
This argument works against you. Being on this island made Gildartz STRONGER than what he normally is for half of the fight. So actually it was fair for this to happen.

When I went back to the beginning of the fight I understand why Bluenote was so shocked that Gildartz could overpower him.

Ifrit
June 20, 2012, 11:54 PM
@BlackHair Why don't you look at it in another way.

Ivan wasn't weak, but Laxus was simply a beast !

You're talking about Mashima building a character. I can post 100 links for you with Mashima building Laxus character to be among the strongest in Fairy Tail. In fact if there is some1 who will stand against your Gildartz in Fairy Tail it is Laxus.

Ever since Laxus was represented as the strongest, Yet somehow he never won a fight ? if you ask me. I think Laxus is stronger than Makarov in the current time.

You asking for Laxus to take another fall. It means another lost. Mashima will never do this to a good guy character, because he needs to satisfy the fans. If Mashima planing on keeping Ivan in this series, he will give him his time later trust me on that.

@GomuGomu_Getsuga Gildartz power wasn't drained by 50 %. Azuma drained every1 power with 100%, except for Erza.

If you want Mashima to give Gildartz the ability to stand after Bluenote that means he is gonna be on the ship fighting HADES. Mashima wanted Natsu to beat HADES, so it doesn't make any sense to put Gildartz there.

Also I don't see Gildartz saying I'll stay here with Freed n Bixlow to protect the wounded ppl, and send the young ones for the Big fight. !!

If it was Gildartz show. He would have told them to take Makarvo and the rest, and leave the Island while he will take care of HADES.

My favorite scenario the one I hoped to happen. Is the chapter called (Crashing Thunder) I thought Mashima is gonna give us a Gildartz+Laxus Vs HADES. But I still dream about that moment that never happened.

Back to Black Hair post Remember in Fantasia Arc. Gazille said he can't stand the idea of Laxus to be on Fairy Tail side when both sides was fighting (Phantom Vs Fairy Tail). Because he would have 1 shot master Jose with all his guild mates with Fairy Law.

This give Laxus a spot to be among the 10 wizards saint, since Jose was back then. Again you really should give a mage worth to be among the 10 wizards saint some credit.

Just look at him :

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2103/tumblrm5w94eeqc61r0l32z.png

Krono
June 21, 2012, 12:21 AM
Nevermind, I found what it is you were talking about. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c235/17.html
This argument works against you. Being on this island made Gildartz STRONGER than what he normally is for half of the fight. So actually it was fair for this to happen.

When I went back to the beginning of the fight I understand why Bluenote was so shocked that Gildartz could overpower him.

When the tree went down, they didn't just lose the bonuses it gave them. Azuma also started using their link with the island to drain them of their power.

In other words, Gildarts doesn't go down here (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v25/c235/15.html) because he's lost the minor boost he gets from the island, he goes down because Azuma's draining Gildart's own magic as well. He then got to lay around, unable to use his magic in increased gravity, as Blue Note pummeled him while he was helpless. No surprise he wasn't able to move after. Blue Note got to get in a ton of free hits on him.

On a different note, one thing to consider that I don't think has been mentioned here but I'm too tired to double check; While this chapter quite effectively destroyed Raven Tail's hype, Raven Tail itself has not been destroyed. Think about it. Ivan and his minions just did the equivalent of cheating at a sports event - too many men on the field. For that they got disqualified, banned from participating for three years, and Arcadios's men escorted them off the field.

That's a far cry for Ivan being arrested for extortion, murder, attacks on the council, etc, like OS and Jellal, and the guild membership disbanded (if treated like a legal guild) or arrested (if treated like a dark guild). You don't get arrested and thrown in jail for life on criminal charges by the government for getting caught cheating at football. You get fines and heavy penalties from the league. Now Arcadios may have the authority to hold them for a short time, but they should be either released, or make their escape within days as he launches his own plans.

The bottom line is that while their hype has been deflated, they're hardly guaranteed to be out of the story permanently.

RaveDragon
June 21, 2012, 07:56 AM
am i the only one who actually wants to see juvia fight?

No, you're not i haven't seen her fight since vs meredy which was epic GO JU!!

I get the feeling we're about to see something important about the whole plot this friday, maybe how lucy's getting kidnapped although i think it'll be on day 5 she still has to take part in an event (and i bet kagura, rogue or minerva will be in this event as well) and do something that will shock us. She needs some revenge time. But i'd love if we get to see Zeref, i hope he's not disguised as chelia :-_-

Edit one more important thing i almost fogot YEAAAAAAAAAAAH LAXUS!!
:coolstory

lawlett-kun
June 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
No, you're not i haven't seen her fight since vs meredy which was epic GO JU!!

I get the feeling we're about to see something important about the whole plot this friday, maybe how lucy's getting kidnapped although i think it'll be on day 5 she still has to take part in an event (and i bet kagura, rogue or minerva will be in this event as well) and do something that will shock us. She needs some revenge time. But i'd love if we get to see Zeref, i hope he's not disguised as chelia :-_-

Edit one more important thing i almost fogot YEAAAAAAAAAAAH LAXUS!!
:coolstory

completely agree, well in the last chap lyon states that he cant wait to see gray's face after seeing chelia's magic.COuld it be that she has some real b-ass ice magic, cant really see gray getting excited over chelia using death magic like zeref lol.Also cant wait to see whether wendy has improved or not, shes a Ds after all

RaveDragon
June 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
completely agree, well in the last chap lyon states that he cant wait to see gray's face after seeing chelia's magic.COuld it be that she has some real b-ass ice magic, cant really see gray getting excited over chelia using death magic like zeref lol.Also cant wait to see whether wendy has improved or not, shes a Ds after all

I would say lost magic since mavis was intrigued by her, maybe ice related lost magic?
We've lost lyon to the dark romantic side :verily
Those two magic spells Grandine sent to her! I can't wait to see them especially the milkyway one, it sound adorable so it must be badass xD

Edelheld
June 21, 2012, 09:29 AM
Or perhaps ghe Gateway of darkness will send Arcadias, Lucy and perhaps even some others in an ancient time, in the past, 400 years ago of the currently time, then Fairy Tail (with his allies) will use Lumen Histoire and will go to reach Lucy. ...

You should add that "That's how Zeref got to know about Natsu and in that arc Natsu will know how to defeat Zeref. That's why Zeref said that it's too early when he first met Natsu on island" =)

kkck
June 21, 2012, 12:55 PM
Well, so this is the first time we are going to see wendy actually fight. We have seen her do bits and pieces before but even against the edolas king she took mostly a supportive role. I wonder the extent to which she can lose the battle though. Her element is the air, she is surrounded by it. Even if it takes a lot of air to get herself to full strength the fact is that as the battle goes on she should by all intents and purposes recover slowly.

On the topic of sting and rogue eventually joining fairy tail, I am actually expecting at least that much. Its not like they are plain evil either. Gajeel was plain evil when we first saw him, he was the sort to actually torture people for fun. Rogue and Sting are at best misguided, neither of them has shown to be inherently evil in the least. Even if they had, fairy tail has repeatedly been stated to be a guild for people with a past like that, every one of them has some secret or sorrow.

Zsych
June 22, 2012, 04:52 AM
*Super trip and fall on your face, while accidentally taking out your enemy attack*

hoeru
June 22, 2012, 04:52 AM
Mangateers got the RAW for 288 up: http://mangateers.com/manga/fairy-tail-raw/288

sarutobi_sensei
June 22, 2012, 05:11 AM
Is she using sky dragon slayer magic? Wendy used one of the new spells and that girl seemed unafected.

Omg I wanna translation asap

RaveDragon
June 22, 2012, 05:19 AM
That seems promising, I can't wait for the english translation to come out, is chelia using wind magic as well?

lawlett-kun
June 22, 2012, 05:27 AM
That seems promising, I can't wait for the english translation to come out, is chelia using wind magic as well?

as far as i understood she has a copy magic maybe?

sarutobi_sensei
June 22, 2012, 05:29 AM
Could it be that she has a sort of Gemini-esque magic?

And how wasn't she affected by Wendy's last attack? How can she be still standing?

Translation please!!!

Oh and spoiler thread open as well... then please move the posts from this chapter there.

Newkerzy
June 22, 2012, 05:31 AM
Is she using sky dragon slayer magic? Wendy used one of the new spells and that girl seemed unafected.

Omg I wanna translation asap

No, she used Sky God Slayer Magic. The only way Wendy can get out of this and gain the upper hand is to do the same trick Natsu did against Zancrow. The problem is, I think Wendy's body may not be able to handle it. She's only started learning how to fight seriously as opposed to Natsu who's had years of fighting experience under his belt.

My guess is, it's that there's a catch to Natsu's trick against Zancrow. In order to be able to handle a new kind of magic after emptying the shell, one must have enough physical strength to handle it. I think that's the reason why Makarov was so surprised Natsu was able to pull it off. Because, chances are you could die from doing it if your body can't take it or the timing is not right.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 22, 2012, 05:37 AM
It seems she either uses Wind DS Magic or she uses Copy Magic as the moves they use seem the same, with the exeption of the colour as Wendy's opponent has more like red or brown colour to her attacks. Hope we'll get translation sooner.:)
And Gerard is already at the stadium and he feels something isn't right with the girl?

lawlett-kun
June 22, 2012, 05:38 AM
No, she used Sky God Slayer Magic. The only way Wendy can get out of this and gain the upper hand is to do the same trick Natsu did against Zancrow. The problem is, I think Wendy's body may not be able to handle it. She's only started learning how to fight seriously as opposed to Natsu who's had years of fighting experience under his belt.

My guess is, it's that there's a catch to Natsu's trick against Zancrow. In order to be able to handle a new kind of magic after emptying the shell, one must have enough physical strength to handle it. I think that's the reason why Makarov was so surprised Natsu was able to pull it off. Because, chances are you could die from doing it if your body can't take it or the timing is not right.

you absolutely certain about "god slayer" part? if yes then its interesting.

sarutobi_sensei
June 22, 2012, 05:38 AM

So that's why Mavis was so surprised, and the color is also darker than Wendy's.

Damn! This is a tough battle for Wendy no doubt.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 22, 2012, 05:45 AM
As it looks now Wendy won't be able to take this girl down as she still seems pretty week even with doubling her magic power by Ultear and learning two new Secret DS moves...
Wendy looks already pretty exausted and injured, so I doubt she will last long, especially as she has close to none battle experience and is also younger than any other DS.
Still, we might at least learn more about God Slayers if the girl really is one as it seems that they are real. Maybe Godslayer is an actual upgrade of DS?

Newkerzy
June 22, 2012, 05:46 AM
you absolutely certain about "god slayer" part? if yes then its interesting.

Because the furigana says "God Slayer". So I'm 100% positive.

lawlett-kun
June 22, 2012, 05:47 AM
to think that lamia scale got their hands on such a rarety as a GS plus they got Jura, not bad

Newkerzy
June 22, 2012, 05:49 AM
Ok.... the last page is interesting. Let's hope the scanlations come out soon.

Kauia
June 22, 2012, 06:17 AM
The pictures were just so lovely. I love the scene of Wendy eating air, it was so cute! Her new moves were pretty amazing too. I wonder if Chelia was really Chelia. She seemed questionable by the end of chapter since Jellal went where the tournament was despite the danger and Doranbolt noticed him. I can't wait for the translations to come out!

SO many things may happen. One the tournament, from the looks of it might be stopped because it feels like all the mess is starting to unfold already. Since the chapter was amazing and at the same time beat up Wendy, I wonder if Wendy could beat Chelia? Jellal being there, his thoughts and the seriousness in his expression is disturbing.

Sakuja
June 22, 2012, 07:37 AM
am i the only one who isnt happy about her being a God Slayer? :/
It was supposed to be Lost Magic, rare and forgotten but shes the second now. Most likely Orga being the third. In a few more arcs we will have fodder with god slayer lacrymas

lawlett-kun
June 22, 2012, 07:42 AM
am i the only one who isnt happy about her being a God Slayer? :/
It was supposed to be Lost Magic, rare and forgotten but shes the second now. Most likely Orga being the third. In a few more arcs we will have fodder with god slayer lacrymas

well it is rare but we should atleast get to see god slayer of each element no?

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

its out ft chap (http://www.mangatoyou.org/Fairy_Tail/288/01/)

TauCarlos
June 22, 2012, 07:43 AM
I don't get some of the pictures is she healing herself back up cause she got beat down at the end only to get up looking untouched ?

hoeru
June 22, 2012, 08:17 AM
Oh boy... ghostexiled's gonne be mad on me. T_T I didn't mean to start a discussion.

Shellia is using Wind Godslayer magic. So unless Wendy doesn't pull the same trick as Natsu to eat Godslayer Fire, she's gonna lose.

BTW, mangateers has the chapter on english.

REN KOUEN
June 22, 2012, 08:31 AM
the raws should be out soon right? we arent on break this week are we?

Sakuja
June 22, 2012, 08:34 AM
well it is rare but we should atleast get to see god slayer of each element no?

Yeah but 3 in 2 arcs is a tad much and not really rare xD

So Wendy is out of magic power now, kinda like natsu when he nullified his magic power to eat the god flames. Wonder if Wendy can eat Shelia's Air next chap.

Hope Mashima wont let the fight end with a punch, because of the next chapter title "small fist". Kinda doesnt fit Wendy or Shelia to knock out someone with a punch xD

Shadoguardian
June 22, 2012, 09:16 AM
Cr*p, Wendy's in trouble. Should've seen the Sky God Slayer Magic coming, since everybody is suddenly a God or Dragon Slayer. I'm wondering why Chelia took Wendy's attack, when she could have eaten it. Either way, Wendy needs to either learn to eat Sky God Slayer Magic, or use her secret technique again if she's going to win this, though I doubt she will.

Uriel
June 22, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hmmmm...What if Zeref was the previous God-Wind Slayer who advanced enough to do "kill" magic?

Interesting, at least. So we know that dark elements are the "God" slaying versions. I assume that Sheila has a similar magic than Zeref because She's using the same principle, but less advanced.

kkck
June 22, 2012, 09:34 AM
Interesting chapter. Now it is clear zancrow was not batshit insane (at least his magic was god slayer magic) and with this we have 3 actual god slayers in the manga, each matching a DS. Somehow I can't wait for the metal DS to appear. If sting and rogue are light and darkness DS then it would be interesting to see them fighting darkness and light god slayers too. Black darkness and black light?

As for the fight, I am kinda surprised it wasn't even more one sided. When natsu fought zancrow the bottom line was that zancrow had the superior flame and thus could eat anything natsu could throw at him. In this case wendy's attacks were actually able to hurt shelia rather than being eaten by her which makes for a huge difference. Maybe the situation with natsu and zancrow was just a difference in skill and between more even opponents the GS magic is not actually superior to DS magic but rather they are actually even but merely work better against different creatures.

Now, what I wonder is why exactly wendy does not heal as she fights. Shelia clearly has the ability to do so so why is wendy having those problems? Does that have something to do with milky way magic? Or maybe she simply hasn't mastered the whole eating air thing yet? It would be interesting for her to master this, she would be able to theoretically heal people non stop. Such a thing would have made a huge difference back in the grimmoire heart arc for example. Now, the issue wendy and theoretically shelia would have here is that to actually finish the slayer with sky magic is that they would need to one shot the enemy otherwise the simply heal and have to start over. Of course, the implication of this is that the wind slayer is objectively better than any other slayer since their element is always there to heal them and power their attacks(perhaps other elements can simply burn the air around her but still...). To win this fight wendy needs to be able to eat the sky. Maybe once she is able to eat the air around her she will be able to muster the power to use her other magic and defeat shelia.

The last part was exceptionally interesting. With this we have evidence to suggest god slayer magic is somehow related to zeref's magic. Now, does this imply zeref is using god slayer magic hence the similarity with shelia's? Of course, gerard did not actually get the same feeling from orga's magic.... But perhaps wind magic is in itself special. If I recall everyone felt something special about wendy's magic when she first appeared. Now, the other issue here is that so far it would seem as if zeref is the DS of acknologia. So where exactly do creatures that are called gods come in here?

The whole thing got me thinking once again about the tartarus guild. In mythology, tartarus was a prison for the titans. I can't help but feeling this guild will be related to the god slayers and perhaps actually have something to do with an actual god.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Hmmmm...What if Zeref was the previous God-Wind Slayer who advanced enough to do "kill" magic?

Interesting, at least. So we know that dark elements are the "God" slaying versions. I assume that Sheila has a similar magic than Zeref because She's using the same principle, but less advanced.

Dunno is that actually makes sense lol. It doesn't even seem like they use a similar magic. I mean, zeref just seemed to eat away life around him, shelia and wendy merely manipulate the wind and the sky. Its in principle different.

What if zeref is both, a GS and a DS? Just a thought and such a thing would allow him to use stuff similar to when natsu ate zancrow's fire.

NAM61
June 22, 2012, 09:35 AM
orga was surprised by the god slayer girl he also uses black lightning and shelias attack were black he is probably a god slayer as well. and i think wendy will somehow master milky way in the fight and beat shelia.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

i think zeref is god and thought shelia god slayer magic

lawlett-kun
June 22, 2012, 09:45 AM
orga was surprised by the god slayer girl he also uses black lightning and shelias attack were black he is probably a god slayer as well. and i think wendy will somehow master milky way in the fight and beat shelia.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

i think zeref is god and thought shelia god slayer magic

yeah why would he though?

Newkerzy
June 22, 2012, 09:55 AM
Interesting chapter. Now it is clear zancrow was not batshit insane (at least his magic was god slayer magic) and with this we have 3 actual god slayers in the manga, each matching a DS. Somehow I can't wait for the metal DS to appear. If sting and rogue are light and darkness DS then it would be interesting to see them fighting darkness and light god slayers too. Black darkness and black light?

As for the fight, I am kinda surprised it wasn't even more one sided. When natsu fought zancrow the bottom line was that zancrow had the superior flame and thus could eat anything natsu could throw at him. In this case wendy's attacks were actually able to hurt shelia rather than being eaten by her which makes for a huge difference. Maybe the situation with natsu and zancrow was just a difference in skill and between more even opponents the GS magic is not actually superior to DS magic but rather they are actually even but merely work better against different creatures.

Now, what I wonder is why exactly wendy does not heal as she fights. Shelia clearly has the ability to do so so why is wendy having those problems? Does that have something to do with milky way magic? Or maybe she simply hasn't mastered the whole eating air thing yet? It would be interesting for her to master this, she would be able to theoretically heal people non stop. Such a thing would have made a huge difference back in the grimmoire heart arc for example. Now, the issue wendy and theoretically shelia would have here is that to actually finish the slayer with sky magic is that they would need to one shot the enemy otherwise the simply heal and have to start over. Of course, the implication of this is that the wind slayer is objectively better than any other slayer since their element is always there to heal them and power their attacks(perhaps other elements can simply burn the air around her but still...). To win this fight wendy needs to be able to eat the sky. Maybe once she is able to eat the air around her she will be able to muster the power to use her other magic and defeat shelia.

The last part was exceptionally interesting. With this we have evidence to suggest god slayer magic is somehow related to zeref's magic. Now, does this imply zeref is using god slayer magic hence the similarity with shelia's? Of course, gerard did not actually get the same feeling from orga's magic.... But perhaps wind magic is in itself special. If I recall everyone felt something special about wendy's magic when she first appeared. Now, the other issue here is that so far it would seem as if zeref is the DS of acknologia. So where exactly do creatures that are called gods come in here?

The whole thing got me thinking once again about the tartarus guild. In mythology, tartarus was a prison for the titans. I can't help but feeling this guild will be related to the god slayers and perhaps actually have something to do with an actual god.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Dunno is that actually makes sense lol. It doesn't even seem like they use a similar magic. I mean, zeref just seemed to eat away life around him, shelia and wendy merely manipulate the wind and the sky. Its in principle different.

What if zeref is both, a GS and a DS? Just a thought and such a thing would allow him to use stuff similar to when natsu ate zancrow's fire.

No, I think Shelia might be misleading. If GS magic had a similar characteristic to Zeref's magic, Ultear would've mentioned it to FT. I'm guessing that Arcadias' plan is currently being put into motion.

Uriel
June 22, 2012, 09:57 AM
We have to consider that Ultear was with Zancrow. She knows how God Slayer Magic feels like. So it's clear to me, at least, that it's not related to God Slayer magic as a whole...But related to Sky-God Slayer Magic.

That's why I think Zeref could have been the Sky-God Slayer before.

Newkerzy
June 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
But why is it specific to that one element?? that's rather odd, don't you think?? well, let's hope we get some answers soon.

NAM61
June 22, 2012, 10:04 AM
yeah why would he though?

who knows maybe if he is evil he wants to create an army to destroy the world but if he is still the way he was before the time skip. he maybe creating dragon slayers to beat him. he wanted natsu to kill him but after the whole dragon attacking them he probably thought natsu died and wnated to create other to kill him.

BlackHair
June 22, 2012, 12:14 PM
Ifrit (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/77198-Fairy-Tail-287-Discussion-288-Predictions?p=2929401&viewfull=1#post2929401)
Wow, You are clearly blinded with ur Laxus fanboyism, by what you are unable to see the big picture. Please understand: this is NOT about Laxus, BUT about Raven Tail. There is no need for you to defend Laxus, as I was not talking down on him in any notable way.

Let me tell you this, a protagonist can only shine if he has a decent antagonist. Light can only exist with shadow. This is physics, it is essential and it is fact in any kind of story telling! In order to get acknowledged, the protagonists has to face hardship. Only by conquering a tough time, you can truly shine.

Raven Tail was hyped to play (a arc) antagonist at some point in the future against Fairy Tail. A encounter with more than one character, basically a guild vs guild arc, just like against Phantom, GH or even O6. However a single member of FT (again, it it is irrelevant who it was) defeated the entire Raven Tail guild.

This was the worst writing, by one fight a entire segment of the story was trashed. Raven Tail didn't shine as antagonists and Fairy Tail didn't shine as protagonist. This was all about a mere flashy moment for one single member, while it could have been so much more. <- That's is my unfortunate disappointment.

ghostexiled
June 22, 2012, 06:18 PM
Please continue any discussion of chapter 288 in its thread and not in this one.

Thanks!