PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 288 Discussion/ 289 Predictions

ghostexiled
June 15, 2012, 07:23 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

kkck
June 22, 2012, 10:21 AM
No, I think Shelia might be misleading. If GS magic had a similar characteristic to Zeref's magic, Ultear would've mentioned it to FT. I'm guessing that Arcadias' plan is currently being put into motion.

Actually that is a good point. The magic reminiscence to zeref has supposedly been there for a while, perhaps even before shelia ever participated in the tournament. In this regard, it might actually be a coincidence that arcadios just happened to do something as shelia started fighting with an ancient powerful lost magic. Basically a plot setup to mislead gerard. I wonder if we will actually see the tournament come to an end....

Zehahaha
June 22, 2012, 10:22 AM
I've never been a fan of this whole God Slayer thing, but I was kinda relieved that it was a Lost magic and hoped only Zancrow would've access to it... But now, probably that Orga too can use it too, kinda lame if you ask me

Uriel
June 22, 2012, 10:26 AM
Why everyone insist on lame? There are only three users in the world, place din top 3 guilds and suddenly is lame?

Let's remember that DS Magic is also a lost magic. It only means that it can't be thought by regular means, but why the hell top warlocks would learn a magic by regular means?

Zehahaha
June 22, 2012, 10:32 AM
Why everyone insist on lame? There are only three users in the world, place din top 3 guilds and suddenly is lame?

Let's remember that DS Magic is also a lost magic. It only means that it can't be thought by regular means, but why the hell top warlocks would learn a magic by regular means?

As I said, it is the whole concept of " God Slayer " that I find lame to begin with, not the fact that 3 or 4 or 10 people knowing it honestly, but since it was a lost magic, I had hoped that maybe it will be limited to Zancrow only and that's it.

RaveDragon
June 22, 2012, 10:34 AM
well maybe Zeref is the 'God' who thought people god slayer magic, it would explain why the dragons are so cautious of him. It could also explain why they seem to 'fear' him since god slayer magic seems to be very much like DS but so much stronger. Natsu almost killed himself to defeat (ish) Zancrow who got up a few chapters later like nothing and then Zeref just looked at him and byebye Zancrow.

Zehahaha
June 22, 2012, 10:36 AM
well maybe Zeref is the 'God' who thought people god slayer magic, it would explain why the dragons are so cautious of him. It could also explain why they seem to 'fear' him since god slayer magic seems to be very much like DS but so much stronger. Natsu almost killed himself to defeat (ish) Zancrow who got up a few chapters later like nothing and then Zeref just looked at him and byebye Zancrow.

But if Zeref is a " God ", what is Acnologia then ? Mega God ? The way Zeref talked about Acnologia suggested that he's insanely strong, stronger than Zeref himself probably...

hoeru
June 22, 2012, 10:36 AM
Dragon Slayer is Lost magic, too. So is Arc magic of which we already saw Embodiment Arc, Time Arc and Tree Arc. And the rest of Grimoire Heart also used Lost Magic. It's the same with One Piece's Haki and Haoushoku: Fairy Tail is a story about the top notch mages. No one should be surprised that there's a lot of characters to be able to use magic that is said to be "rare".

If people start call it lame or even rubbish, then okay, it's their opinion. But - to repeat this over and over - they are simply reading the wrong manga and better should stop NOW before being disappointed too much. Because there's even more lost magic to come, and we can be 100% sure of it.

Now, as that is said: I'm actually curious how the hell Cheria (Tales of Graces reference?) was able to learn that magic...

RaveDragon
June 22, 2012, 10:38 AM
But if Zeref is a " God ", what is Acnologia then ? Mega God ? The way Zeref talked about Acnologia suggested that he's insanely strong, stronger than Zeref himself probably...

well he never looked like he feared acnologia so maybe its not Zeref whose under Acnologia but vice versa. Zeref gave life to numerious monsters and took life even so he's very godlike =/ its just an idea, it could be acnologia who is the 'god' and just used the form of a dragon.

Rarhyx
June 22, 2012, 10:40 AM
Its out:
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/288

kkck
June 22, 2012, 10:43 AM

Why do we assume lost magic can't be taught by regular means? If I recall lost magic is one that had severe consequences and thus was lost in history. That does not imply it can't be taught like any other magic nor does it rule out some special process. For all we know there even are a few non lost magics that can't be taught regularly.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 22, 2012, 10:45 AM
Acnologia didn't seem that cautious to me. It was the other way around. He probably boarded Hades' ship more to get away from the dragon than to punish the guy.

Either way, I doubt Shelia is a god slayer. She's probably got some neat trick, but to get a reaction from Mavis it isn't likely to be something the tournament already showcased.

kkck
June 22, 2012, 10:52 AM
As I said, it is the whole concept of " God Slayer " that I find lame to begin with, not the fact that 3 or 4 or 10 people knowing it honestly, but since it was a lost magic, I had hoped that maybe it will be limited to Zancrow only and that's it.

I think you take too seriously the "god" part. The whole thing merely means that there is a creature which at some point was called a god and magic to slay such creature was developed (which incidentally means human using the same powers as the creature they slay). Interestingly enough, there could even be other kinds of slayers for other lesser or greater creatures. Basically you find a powerful monster, make a human imitate its constitution and magic and you got a new slayer thingy lol.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

As far as we know zeref is a human though. Even then, if he is a god hellbent on destroying the world why would he teach others how to kill him? Even if he did, if natsu is the one supposed to defeat him then why would natsu be a DS and not a god slayer? There seems to be a clear connection between zeref and acknologia, I would argue it is far more likely that zeref is the DS of life and death or something rather than a god slayer. Granted, the supposed gods could have some important purpose in the grand scheme of the story but I doubt zeref himself would be one. Perhaps acknologia works for the gods and he merely took zeref in for some reason.

RaveDragon
June 22, 2012, 10:56 AM
As far as we know zeref is a human though. Even then, if he is a god hellbent on destroying the world why would he teach others how to kill him? Even if he did, if natsu is the one supposed to defeat him then why would natsu be a DS and not a god slayer? There seems to be a clear connection between zeref and acknologia, I would argue it is far more likely that zeref is the DS of life and death or something rather than a god slayer. Granted, the supposed gods could have some important purpose in the grand scheme of the story but I doubt zeref himself would be one. Perhaps acknologia works for the gods and he merely took zeref in for some reason.

Well, a 'god' can mean something beyond human which Zeref seems to have achieved. maybe its not the orthodox meaning of 'god' we think. I mean he's liived beyond human age for around 400 years or so, he created life and took life which could be considered godlike but not the gods we think off. it seems its more plausible he is a DS but i never said he was a GS but rather a 'god'. I mean the dragons don't use DS magic but rather teach it. Although hades was the one who thaught Zancrow :/

Ether
June 22, 2012, 11:03 AM
Hmmmm...What if Zeref was the previous God-Wind Slayer who advanced enough to do "kill" magic?

Interesting, at least. So we know that dark elements are the "God" slaying versions. I assume that Sheila has a similar magic than Zeref because She's using the same principle, but less advanced.

I kinda agree with this. Remember that Sky DS also had the ability to heal (=life). And if we consider that the GS magic is like the "opposite" of DS magic (the color is black, could be the counter part of the DS magic?), then the opposite of "giving life" is death. So yeah, Zeref could be the Sky GS, the only difference between he and Shelia being that he has mastered the "death" part of his power.

adbanginwar
June 22, 2012, 11:07 AM
the chapter is out on mangareader..

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/288

kkck
June 22, 2012, 11:19 AM
Well, a 'god' can mean something beyond human which Zeref seems to have achieved. maybe its not the orthodox meaning of 'god' we think. I mean he's liived beyond human age for around 400 years or so, he created life and took life which could be considered godlike but not the gods we think off. it seems its more plausible he is a DS but i never said he was a GS but rather a 'god'. I mean the dragons don't use DS magic but rather teach it. Although hades was the one who thaught Zancrow :/

Well, the issue with these slaying magics is that to begin with they mimic the constitution and power of the creature they are supposed to slay. In this regard, DS magic is basically the same stuff dragons use and GS magic is basically the same magic that gods use except that it is used by humans. Now, if the implication of both magics is the mimicking of a creature for the sake of killing that creature then how would it add up if zeref is a god? A human copying a human's constitution and magic for the sake of killing a human? It does not quite add up. The way I see it a god must be an intrinsically different creature from a human or dragon with insane powers to say the least so that it makes sense to copy its power and constitution.

I never really thought much against the idea hades teaching zancrow DS magic. Why would that make the magic not GS magic? If the principle of a slaying magic is to mimic a creature for the sake of killing it then why does it really matter who teaches it? Even DS with lachrima are by all intents and purposes fully functional as DS and we have seen that DS lachrima can actually enhance a DSs magic (sting and rogue apparently). Zancrow being a GS implies hades himself somehow acquired knowledge of how to take the power and constitution of a god. Its like saying grey is not an ice make user because ice didn't teach him the magic. As long as the creature in question is being effectively mimicked then we have no reason to suggest the user is not what he claims to be.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Just saw the scanlation on manga readers. It seems the one at manga fox missed the page with wendy and shelia eating the air lol. It does seem like shelia can heal better when eating the air... or is she perhaps able to use her wind magic to heal herself?

Ero-Sanji
June 22, 2012, 11:19 AM
I did think of Orga as a GS, but not that Shelia was it. We did however gain some knowledge of it that I don't think anyone has brought up, and that is the way it is learned. The true dragon slayers are all raised by dragons, some might argue that they are dragons or share dragons blood, most of us are anyway familiar with the idea that Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel are either statues or over eighty years meaning more or less that they are not normal human beings. The GS on the other hand, through Shelia, are now known to be "human"(normal) and with relatives, since Shelia has her cousin. This should explain that GS are not raised by "gods" the same way true DS are raised by dragons, instead they are more like fake DS who have been infused with the magic.

I'm not the biggest fan of the GS nor the fake DS, since it kind of fouls the pureness and uniqueness of the DS that Mashima built up at the beginning of the manga, but I have to admit that it does bring some sort of superiority against the original DS, too bad Natsu already defeated his counterpart. With Orga it also brings the idea of a true lightning DS if not a lightning Dragon.

About the chapter though, Wendy has evolved a lot and it's a little unlucky for her to face her natural enemy, so I guess we still have to wait until she finally gets her chance to really prove herself.

BlackHair
June 22, 2012, 11:20 AM
Apparently the FT Mods are not present, but surprised that even no Admin or Global Mod seem to be present to open the thread. I was waiting 'till the proper thread is available, but I guess since so many already posted, there shouldn't be any problem anymore.

I still remember OP 576, couldn't wait until someone to open the thread, as I was dying with excitement regarding WBs end and needed to write my thoughts down. I ended up with a wa (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/unbenanntwjj.png/)rning though (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/unbenanntwjj.png/) xD I guess times have changed since then :p
I hope Mashima explains the origin of the God Slayer magic. I can't believe Im saying this, but Wendys fight seems to be the most interesting fight so far. Other fights were rather just flashy (Erza, Laxus, Orga, Jura vs Myst) or just plain ass boring (Elfman vs Bacchus and the rest, who don't even need to be mentioned). This one seems to be rather big and important plot wise. Looking forward to some explanation (though I don't have much hope on that part (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/77198-Fairy-Tail-287-Discussion-288-Predictions?p=2923893&highlight=#post2923893)).

Zehahaha
June 22, 2012, 11:34 AM

Then Natsu & Gajeel & Wendy must be gods too ? Real DS certainly aren't humans and Natsu and Gajeel are more than 80 years old, probably Wendy too.
The way I see it, to me, Dragons are the strongest beings out there, Acnologia's performance should be a proof of that, I fail to see any creature stronger than them except ofc " God " or whatever created this world if it does exist

Newkerzy
June 22, 2012, 11:36 AM
Dragon Slayer is Lost magic, too. So is Arc magic of which we already saw Embodiment Arc, Time Arc and Tree Arc. And the rest of Grimoire Heart also used Lost Magic. It's the same with One Piece's Haki and Haoushoku: Fairy Tail is a story about the top notch mages. No one should be surprised that there's a lot of characters to be able to use magic that is said to be "rare".

If people start call it lame or even rubbish, then okay, it's their opinion. But - to repeat this over and over - they are simply reading the wrong manga and better should stop NOW before being disappointed too much. Because there's even more lost magic to come, and we can be 100% sure of it.

Now, as that is said: I'm actually curious how the hell Cheria (Tales of Graces reference?) was able to learn that magic...

Off-topic did Cheria's artes include wind attacks?? I haven't played the game yet....

1337 haxor
June 22, 2012, 11:46 AM
So Shelia is Zancrow's successor huh?

Now I believe Zeref had something to do with her training, nobody gets lost magic for free.

Maybe she is not even Sherry's cousin and is using some sort of memory altering magic to looklike part of her guild.

Ramstain
June 22, 2012, 12:31 PM
Lets be honest.
I am disappointed in this chapter.
Another god slayer? What a coincidence!

Seriously. Could have thought of
Something cool for Wendy to fight against...

Marche
June 22, 2012, 12:41 PM
Why the thread for chapter 288 is not open yet?

Uriel
June 22, 2012, 12:53 PM
Seriously. Could have thought of
Something cool for Wendy to fight against...
I think Mashima needed to be a God Slayer to wrap up some stuff.

It was not to make Wendy fight something cool (Although her fight so far is one of the best) but to develop the plot. I think it's quite obvious.

Krono
June 22, 2012, 01:03 PM
Actually that is a good point. The magic reminiscence to zeref has supposedly been there for a while, perhaps even before shelia ever participated in the tournament. In this regard, it might actually be a coincidence that arcadios just happened to do something as shelia started fighting with an ancient powerful lost magic. Basically a plot setup to mislead gerard. I wonder if we will actually see the tournament come to an end....

Yeah, one of my first thoughts was if this was a red herring and Arcadios is busy, and has things set up such that it looks like one of the participants is the source of any dark magic that leaks.

Shadoguardian
June 22, 2012, 01:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone considered that this match could end up as the games first draw?

kkck
June 22, 2012, 01:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone considered that this match could end up as the games first draw?

I doubt it, I don't think fairy tail A is going to alg significantly behind fairy tail B here. I think wendy is going to win but she is going to have to step her game up.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 22, 2012, 01:54 PM
A should be a few points ahead right now. If they tie and end up a little behind then B just has to do a little worse at the next mystery event.

That said, I feel like the most likely tie is the final battle.

Buggy
June 22, 2012, 01:56 PM
I'm not really a fan of there being more God Slayers. Judging by Orga's reaction it is safe to assume that he is a Lightning God Slayer, and all those God Slayer elements are actually black.

It was supposed to be super secret lost magic that no one knows about that Hades taught Zancrow, now it doesn't seem really special. It looks like it's only purpose is to introduce decent rivals to Dragon Slayer magic. Who knows, maybe there will be good explanation of its origin that will influence the story.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 22, 2012, 02:16 PM
I believe God Slayer Magic's origin might be explained in the upcoming chapters by Mavis as it seems that she knows about the magic. Hope it will be revealed as we know quite a bit about DS Magic, but not GS Magic.
About Wendy winning the match... I feel that it would be at least anticlimatic as she has said that she is out of magic power and is not only tired, but also quite beat up, while her opponent is quite well and kicking and her fellow Guildmembers said that her hasn't got serious yet, so for Wendy getting a tie would be actually quite a big result, especially that before timeskip she was close to useless even when it came to healing.

exacta
June 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
Ehhhh......I don't really have much interest in Wendy. God Slayer Magic lost its uniqueness now too, the first arc after its introduction and Mashima has already introduced two more. DS and Make magic has lost its uniqueness too.....

But the thing that really bugs me is the way Mashima draws some of these attacks. All of Wendy and Shelia's attacks look exactly the same despite each having a different name, just like how most of Natsu's attacks look like the same fire explosion. I can't even tell what Wendy or Shelia's attacks really do based on the way their drawed, each one just looks like a generic wind blast projectile. Hopefully there's something special about "black wind".This fight is boring to me, but it is one of the better fights since it seems to be lasting longer and is being taken seriously by Mashima. That's kind of sad. I hope Mashima either reveals an interesting connection to Zeref or something next week, and/or hurries up to the next round so interesting fights can finally happen.

I know Wendy says she's out of magic, but due to past events that have happened in FT, I won't believe it til I see it. :-_-

1337 haxor
June 22, 2012, 02:49 PM
My toughts are that the chapter was good, nobody expected both girls to throw such powerful attacks even if the nature of Shelia's magic sounded like BS to many people.

In my opinion the fight will end in a draw, Wendy will follow Natsu's example and suck Shelia's attack so she ends up using a haxor DS technique that beats the latter but knocks her out.

I think Wendy deserves at least a tie because she has been the pushover for too long, I mean it's her spot and she deserves to shine since Natsu beat his own GS counterpart.

Moreover, I think I am starting to grasp what God Slayer magic is.

God Slayer magic was created by Zeref in the past to act as a direct counter to the Dragon Slayers.

This is why a God Slayer has similar eyes to him when they power up, Zeref is the god who made their magic.

It's basically a technique from his Black Arts that perfectly imitates the nature of DS but overpowers the original element because the true element of GS is darkness.

When the DS zeroes his magical power he does the same thing Natsu did with Zancrow and later Laxus, he absorbs the alien element and combines it with his own.

The reason why Natsu could keep lighting and not darkness is probably because the later requires some negative nature from the DS and since Natsu is a good guy his body rejected the black magic.

Moreover, there is also a major difference between the GS of a true DS and the GS of a Lacrima DS and it probably has something to do with where their magic come from.

Orga is probably the God Slayer of Lightning, however, he never refered himself as such and there was no Zeref energy coming from him as far as everyone is concerned.

In my opinion dragon lacrima is made either by leftovers of a dead dragon or a dead true DS, that way the power of the fake DS is just earned from the previous owner rather than taught by a greater power.

The same goes for god slayers and because Orga simply got the Lightning God Slayer Lacrima rather than learning his magic from Zeref or a derivate, he doesn't show traits of lost magic on his God Slayer powers.

EclipseHunter
June 22, 2012, 04:00 PM
My toughts are that the chapter was good, nobody expected both girls to throw such powerful attacks even if the nature of Shelia's magic sounded like BS to many people.

In my opinion the fight will end in a draw, Wendy will follow Natsu's example and suck Shelia's attack so she ends up using a haxor DS technique that beats the latter but knocks her out.

I think Wendy deserves at least a tie because she has been the pushover for too long, I mean it's her spot and she deserves to shine since Natsu beat his own GS counterpart.

Moreover, I think I am starting to grasp what God Slayer magic is.

God Slayer magic was created by Zeref in the past to act as a direct counter to the Dragon Slayers.

This is why a God Slayer has similar eyes to him when they power up, Zeref is the god who made their magic.

It's basically a technique from his Black Arts that perfectly imitates the nature of DS but overpowers the original element because the true element of GS is darkness.

When the DS zeroes his magical power he does the same thing Natsu did with Zancrow and later Laxus, he absorbs the alien element and combines it with his own.

The reason why Natsu could keep lighting and not darkness is probably because the later requires some negative nature from the DS and since Natsu is a good guy his body rejected the black magic.

Moreover, there is also a major difference between the GS of a true DS and the GS of a Lacrima DS and it probably has something to do with where their magic come from.

Orga is probably the God Slayer of Lightning, however, he never refered himself as such and there was no Zeref energy coming from him as far as everyone is concerned.

In my opinion dragon lacrima is made either by leftovers of a dead dragon or a dead true DS, that way the power of the fake DS is just earned from the previous owner rather than taught by a greater power.

The same goes for god slayers and because Orga simply got the Lightning God Slayer Lacrima rather than learning his magic from Zeref or a derivate, he doesn't show traits of lost magic on his God Slayer powers.

That's sound very reasonable but for some reason that Shelia girl gives me the creeps. like she's sort of doll, non-human because she kept on smiling no matter what. Yea I think draw's the best wendy can hope for. I think maybe she knows what to do or maybe Natsu will yell out the answer. Can he do that? Tell her what to do? Anyhow I'm sort of surprise Doranbolt didn't know that was Jellal and how did he know Mystogan left anyway? Does one know if he knows about Edolas? I think Jellal is in big ass trouble if it was anyone but mest who is fairy's ally and feels guilty enough to let Jellal slide for a short while.

Regret
June 22, 2012, 04:03 PM
After going through the past pages I feel so backwards for liking god slayer magic. Of all the lost magic used last arc that was the one that seemed like it could have the most interesting origin. The moment zancrow was given a specific element it seemed like it was inevitable that there would be other elements. Now I imagine that in the past there might have been some greek-like pantheon of elemental gods. I definitely look forward to some background if it ends up being more than just a unique class of magic.

I'm enjoying the match more than I thought I would. As much as I like Wendy I was really rooting for Chelia to be more than a Jenny-like nemisis. I just hope that it doesn't end exactly the way natsu vs. zancrow did. If Wendy does some how win then I'd like to see her put her own spin on how to counter god slaying magic.

kkck
June 22, 2012, 05:38 PM
After going through the past pages I feel so backwards for liking god slayer magic. Of all the lost magic used last arc that was the one that seemed like it could have the most interesting origin. The moment zancrow was given a specific element it seemed like it was inevitable that there would be other elements. Now I imagine that in the past there might have been some greek-like pantheon of elemental gods. I definitely look forward to some background if it ends up being more than just a unique class of magic.

I'm enjoying the match more than I thought I would. As much as I like Wendy I was really rooting for Chelia to be more than a Jenny-like nemisis. I just hope that it doesn't end exactly the way natsu vs. zancrow did. If Wendy does some how win then I'd like to see her put her own spin on how to counter god slaying magic.

I actually imagined some pantheon like thing too. Kinda like the god's pantheon vs the dragon's pantheon or something. I still think the gods in general are going to be related to the dark guild tartarus which in mythology is the prison of the titans.

REN KOUEN
June 22, 2012, 05:50 PM
the "moe" matchup!!
in all seriousness the last character i figured to have a connection to zeref was the clumsy girl shelia from LS
with that being said it makes for some nice suspense going into next week!
anyone elsr find it interesting that wendy had a connection with mystogan in the past and now she is about to be saved by mystogan again?

DanteSonOfSparda
June 22, 2012, 06:07 PM
I believe God Slayer Magic's origin might be explained in the upcoming chapters by Mavis as it seems that she knows about the magic. Hope it will be revealed as we know quite a bit about DS Magic, but not GS Magic.
About Wendy winning the match... I feel that it would be at least anticlimatic as she has said that she is out of magic power and is not only tired, but also quite beat up, while her opponent is quite well and kicking and her fellow Guildmembers said that her hasn't got serious yet, so for Wendy getting a tie would be actually quite a big result, especially that before timeskip she was close to useless even when it came to healing.

That's the exact same situation Natsu was in when he fought against his GS counterpart (his name was Zancrow right? I'm too lazy to look that up now :P). In fact, being out of magical power was the key component of Natsu's victory at that time...

I'm not saying Wendy is sure to win: IMO it would be totally lame to hype the little GS-Girl by likning her to Zeref in some way, only to let her loose against the (probably) weakest member of "Fairy Tail A". On the other hand Raven Tail was also totally hyped, we all saw how they turned out (but at least they were trashed by Laxus)

Impossibility
June 22, 2012, 06:09 PM
Of the potential battles, Sky Dragon Slayer v Sky God Slayer didn't really register as a possibility for me. When you think about it, it was only a matter of time before we saw more God Slayers, as it appears that Orga is the Lightning God Slayer. I also didn't expect to see Shelia as the source of the Zeref connection. As for Wendy, when did she become such an able-bodied combatant. I expected to surpass her past shows, but she seemed like she could handle herself in a serious battle. I'm not too sure about the outcome of the battle, although I'd give the advantage to Wendy just because she needs a win. I've always wondered about Wendy's limits. Natsu and Gajeel's power-ups are limited by their source of food, Wendy's source is the sky....which is pretty much limitless. Is there a limit to how much Sky she can consume? A few surprises this chapter, looking forward to see what happens next in the battle.

zerocooldx
June 22, 2012, 06:22 PM
Well unfortunately for Wendy this battle really has little to do with her it seems, meaning that she probably isn't going to come out on top this time around. Granted we do want to see the results of her training, but we kind of already did see that in this chapter. Overall this is far more about Shelia being a God Slayer and more importantly her somehow being linked to Zeref. Mainly because i don't think its God Slayer Magic in general that has drawn the attention of Jellal, otherwise the same would have happened with Orga who also seems to be a God Slayer. So its either something about Sky God Slayer Magic that Shelia and Zeref share in common, or its something completely different and very unexpected.

1337 haxor
June 22, 2012, 06:38 PM
Well unfortunately for Wendy this battle really has little to do with her it seems, meaning that she probably isn't going to come out on top this time around. Granted we do want to see the results of her training, but we kind of already did see that in this chapter. Overall this is far more about Shelia being a God Slayer and more importantly her somehow being linked to Zeref. Mainly because i don't think its God Slayer Magic in general that has drawn the attention of Jellal, otherwise the same would have happened with Orga who also seems to be a God Slayer. So its either something about Sky God Slayer Magic that Shelia and Zeref share in common, or its something completely different and very unexpected.

That's because Orga probably got his powers from a Lacrima while Shelia studied under a dark mage.

God Slayer is a dark type magic that copies the abilities of Dragon Slayer and surpasses them because darkness is the most powerful element. It's a derivate of Zeref's godlike Black Arts closest to the origin of magic that can basically create any freaking magic you can think of.

ghostexiled
June 22, 2012, 06:50 PM
I am sure it has been said... but it is possible that Zeref created the GS ability in order to fight off the Dragons and the ones they raised as DS.

Since I believe that the Dragons and the DS's were on the side of good when fighting Zeref back then.

Uriel
June 22, 2012, 06:52 PM
It's not a far-fetched theory, actually. I kinda like the pantheon thing instead, and Zeref being connected to it. Maybe they were the first warlocks, the ones more close to darkness that fought with Dragons in ages of mythology. :O

Now I'm wondering if we will see the Sky Dragon form of Wendy. Would it have feathers? :O

zerocooldx
June 22, 2012, 07:22 PM
That's because Orga probably got his powers from a Lacrima while Shelia studied under a dark mage.

God Slayer is a dark type magic that copies the abilities of Dragon Slayer and surpasses them because darkness is the most powerful element. It's a derivate of Zeref's godlike Black Arts closest to the origin of magic that can basically create any freaking magic you can think of.

We don't know how Orga got his GS Magic. And its highly unlikely that Shelia would be allowed to be in Lamia Scale if she really did study under a Dark Mage like Zancrow did under Hades. Not to mention that we don't even know where GS Magic comes from. Its all just speculation and people's own opinions at this point. But it certainly doesn't have to do anything with Dark Magic or Zeref just because the color of GS Magic is black. The only thing we know about GS Magic is that it is a Lost Magic, which doesn't tell us very much because that category is somewhat large. On top of all of that the black color isn't even a give away of GS magic itself. No one said anything wen Orga was using his attacks and people outside of Lamia Scale only started commenting on Shelia's magic when she started saying "Sky God" before every attack.

Kauia
June 22, 2012, 07:27 PM
It's not a far-fetched theory, actually. I kinda like the pantheon thing instead, and Zeref being connected to it. Maybe they were the first warlocks, the ones more close to darkness that fought with Dragons in ages of mythology. :O

Now I'm wondering if we will see the Sky Dragon form of Wendy. Would it have feathers? :O

If you look at Grandine, she has feather-like or fur-like parts. She also has scales. I can't imagine Wendy with feathers. Wings, maybe. Do you think Wendy might use the milky way even if she has yet to master it? Lucy; when she summoned Gemini during the fight with Flare, Gemini pointed out that Lucy has yet to master the ultimate spell uranometria but used it anyway. Though it was cancelled because of RT, it was still implied, the magic would have been casted. Wendy might use it for the next chapter.

SlayerKisame
June 22, 2012, 07:51 PM
God Slayers:
Zancrow (dead) - Fire
Orga - Lightning
Chelia - Sky

1st Gen Dragon Slayers:
Natsu - Fire
Gajeel - Iron
Wendy - Sky

2nd Gen Dragon Slayers:
Laxus - Lightning
Cobra (presumed dead) - Poison

3rd Gen Dragon Slayers
Rogue
Sting

So we had 7 dragon slayers and 2 god slayers, yet it was really lame to introduce another god slayer? Would you rather have 2 god slayers for the rest of the manga? I'll answer that for you; probably not. There is a good reason Mashima introduced god slayers, we just don't know yet. So it isn't fair to jump to conclusions.

kkck
June 22, 2012, 07:51 PM
Well, if I recall natsu emptied himself of magic and changed his body into one that could absorb the god flame. Right now wendy does not have any power left so she is in a prime situation to actually eat shelia's wind. Dragon god sky drill anyone? Well, perhaps not that but perhaps eating the god's wind would allow wendy to replinish herself in a similar fashion to shelia. Based on the title it seems the battle is going to end up with wendy using the cutest punch ever to bitchslap shelia.

On another note, shelia and wendy have the single most hax magic in the entire manga simply because being a sky magic slayer thingy allows them all the benefits it allows to any other users. SHelia is prove that a sky magic user can replenish herself merely through consuming the air, which is always present. This is relevant because it is the equivalent to natsu having a fight against an enemy while being surrounded by an infinite source of fire. So wendy can potentially heal others, herself, never run out of a natural source of her element and use all the DS and GS techniques we have seen so far. I find it a tad funny that mashima would give the single strongest magics we have seen to two little girls without an attitude for battle lol. I guess it kinda makes sense though.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 22, 2012, 08:07 PM
She ended up being everything I hoped she wouldn't be. (New least favorite character)

Anyway, looks like Jellal's set himself up to get caught. If that girl turns out to be involved with the villains somehow that would be a good distraction to save Wendy's hide, but bad news for him

Edit: Just notice going through again. Why is Mavis looking windblown? Isn't she a ghost? There's no reason she should need to hold her dress down or have her hair blowing everywhere.

Skyguardian
June 22, 2012, 08:46 PM
She ended up being everything I hoped she wouldn't be. (New least favorite character)

Anyway, looks like Jellal's set himself up to get caught. If that girl turns out to be involved with the villains somehow that would be a good distraction to save Wendy's hide, but bad news for him

Edit: Just notice going through again. Why is Mavis looking windblown? Isn't she a ghost? There's no reason she should need to hold her dress down or have her hair blowing everywhere.

She is a astral projection only able to be seen by Fairy Tail Members... And well she needed to pee remember? XD

1337 haxor
June 22, 2012, 11:25 PM
She is a astral projection only able to be seen by Fairy Tail Members... And well she needed to pee remember? XD

I am starting to think Mavis is not truly dead.

I mean, it is a magical world and she supposedly is manifesting her spirit with her magic but so far we never saw anybody else doing this.

This is major wild guessing but perhaps Mavis split herself in two with the little ghost being the light part whose body fadded away and the dark part being sealed in Lumen Histoire and bearing the same haxor immortality that Zeref possesses.

If Lumen Histoire is lost, Mavis could end up fusing back to her former living self and that could be a terrible thing if her dark side takes over.

One Zeref is bad, two bad people with that kind of power would spell DOOM. That said if Zeref doesn't sacrifice Lucy to spawn some planetary destructive Eldritch Abomination.

HaiSuShi
June 23, 2012, 12:06 AM
Wendy enhancing herself with her magic reminds me of Cantus Bellax in Negima, I always liked that magic.

The battle was pretty intense, but it does not look good for Wendy now...
I like the introduction of another God Slayer, wonder how many different elements they have?

Fan service :teehee

masgrande
June 23, 2012, 12:56 AM
Lyon's arrogance in this chapter really piss me off, I hope Wendy wins just so that he would shut up:-_-.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 23, 2012, 01:07 AM
i think Wendy's going to win. If they wanted to showcase how powerful Chelia or Shellia or whatever is, she would have curb stomped Wendy over the course of the chapter. The only time I can think of where a chapter ends with things looking bad for the protagonist where it actually does end badly is Erza v Jellal, and that was a special case. Just the fact that Jellal said Wendy was in danger ups her chances of pulling through.

On the other hand, if this girl really is linked to Zeref...
Well, maybe if sh ine loses the tournament she'll do so behind the scenes crap. Team up with Obra or something. Watching her get high off of her battle while Wendy claimed she hated fighting definitely makes her seem like villain material. Or at least a Sting-class jerk. Either way, even without the reveal that she wasn't a total red herring, she doesn't seem nearly as sweet as she did last chapter.

dark angel KaRamo
June 23, 2012, 02:51 AM
I kinda agree with this. Remember that Sky DS also had the ability to heal (=life). And if we consider that the GS magic is like the "opposite" of DS magic (the color is black, could be the counter part of the DS magic?), then the opposite of "giving life" is death. So yeah, Zeref could be the Sky GS, the only difference between he and Shelia being that he has mastered the "death" part of his power.

very good point but shelia the GS can heal herself very fast as I've seen wendy can heal other can't she heal herself as well why hasn't she done it yet come on and why did the make her magic run out so quick i want wendy to use milky way and kick Shelia's ass.
Now back to zeref I've been thinning that zeref could be a DS (Dragon Slayer) but now i'm thinning DGS (Dragon God Slayer) why your comment and that time on tenroujima when the black dragon acnologia attack fairy tail in that time natsu was asking it about igneel zeref said it's pointless acnologia doesn't talk to humans because it hates them and that had me thinning that he new alot about acnologia not to mention he new that he was coming long before he was close to the island had me to believe that zeref have learn his magic from that dragon and then maybe try to kill him to be come a true dragon slayer and failed that's why acnologia hate all human now and then he went on to develop God slayer magic one that is even stronger than DS magic but got corrupted down that line and started to develop more and more evil magic (that is just my thought tho)

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Lyon's arrogance in this chapter really piss me off, I hope Wendy wins just so that he would shut up:-_-.

i feel the same way i want gray to kick is ass when they fight (if they get paired up)

chrizzl
June 23, 2012, 05:07 AM
I have always read fairy tale on the side, just a way to help pass time between One Piece chapters but I have to say these last 2 arcs have been really really good. I'm really enjoying these magic games there seems to be lots of twists and turns that I cant dare to predict although I like the prediction that these GS are used on Zerefs side to compete with the DS.
For next chapter I cant see wendy winning this fight as she's nearly out of power unless she tries eating the GS magic and her giving her yet another boost of power.

Ero-Sanji
June 23, 2012, 05:30 AM
On another note, shelia and wendy have the single most hax magic in the entire manga simply because being a sky magic slayer thingy allows them all the benefits it allows to any other users. SHelia is prove that a sky magic user can replenish herself merely through consuming the air, which is always present. This is relevant because it is the equivalent to natsu having a fight against an enemy while being surrounded by an infinite source of fire. So wendy can potentially heal others, herself, never run out of a natural source of her element and use all the DS and GS techniques we have seen so far. I find it a tad funny that mashima would give the single strongest magics we have seen to two little girls without an attitude for battle lol. I guess it kinda makes sense though.

Obviously this chapter did prove that they can run out of their natural source of element, since people experienced it a lot harder to breath. This means that too much air-eating would result in suffocation. I do agree though that the magic is very versatile and useful but the destructive power is below fire/lightning/metal.

Newkerzy
June 23, 2012, 05:37 AM
I doubt it. If Wendy trains under someone who specializes in wind magic, say like Eligor. She could potentially learn how to use her attacks to cut rather than use the brute force of the wind/air. By forming the air to cut instead of using it with just the brute force of it, she can have a very large versatility of attacks. This would make her potentially stronger than Natsu or Gajeel. So her magic's destructive potential is very large and could very well beat Natsu and Gajeel if she was serious.

wooticus
June 23, 2012, 06:14 AM
There has to be more about Chelia than simply being a god slayer. The way she just healed back to perfect health.. she is more likely the counterpart of zeref in some way. Unlike Zancrow who got his Magic taught by Purehito i think she actually is some kind of child... coming from the heavens, the original Wind God Slayer. With her magic being similar, could it be that Zeref isn't a Dragon Slayer of Death like some people already think but a God Slayer of Death. Zeref doesn't look much older than Chelia. So i'll give a bold prediction here:

Chelia is Zeref's sister, her motive being love not death.

That or she is the living essence of all good that has been left in Zeref (and he spit it out)

I'm thinking a bit of Piccolo in DBZ here. Kami got rid of this inner Bad person who formed himself as Piccolo. So the other way around Zeref might somehow tried to be even more bad by splitting of everything good that was left in him.

Wendy's magic was until now always shown as a pure positive magic with the power of healing and supporting others in any way. If you assume Zeref is capable of every Lost Magic somehow, Wind Slaying Magic (God or Dragon or whatever) might be the one less suited for his Karma.

Anyway, Wendy won't win this. And she won't pull a Natsu off, because that would just be boring and not creative at all. I'm sorry for Wendy if she loses but this Chelia is just another League and with her Ability of self-healing likely one of the strongest Mage's around. Basically her powers are stating that she can only be defeated if you work her out until she is out of magic power (At least she got a lot more than Wendy, thinking about the whole manga the person with the greatest reservoire of magic power seems to be Ultear, who in one day a) defeated zeref, natsu and grey (well don't think she would have lost if not Ul-plotted) and b) Restored the Tenrou tree back to life) or killing her.
Well don't know, i guess you need Fairy Glitter or something of that level to destroy her.

PS: I don't think Orga is a God Slayer, more likely he even got Lightning Lacrima or something. Imho his destructive power as shown in this power test is too far behind to be God Slaying magic. Just look at what Laxus can do with "only" Dragon Slaying Magic.

Razh
June 23, 2012, 06:33 AM
PS: I don't think Orga is a God Slayer, more likely he even got Lightning Lacrima or something. Imho his destructive power as shown in this power test is too far behind to be God Slaying magic. Just look at what Laxus can do with "only" Dragon Slaying Magic.

If there was any doubt that he's also a God Slayer, I think the fact that Orga was shown commenting (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/43592359/11), removes it. His destructive power is still pretty big, plus, I have a feeling he didn't reveal his strongest attack on something as feeble as magic power testing device.

JunKisaragi
June 23, 2012, 08:02 AM
Hmm...this chapter has taken me at the edge of my seat. I'm all for the underdog, and I guess next chapter's title "Tiny Hands" says a bit something about Wendy and Chelia's fight. A draw perhaps? Something that Lucy pulled off with her fight against Sherry Blendy at Galuna Island (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7149-14/fairy-tail/chapter-34.html). A "cute" end to a "very cute" match-up (I did not just say that). Although there's nothing cute about getting one's butt kicked.

I guess finding other God Slayers is inevitable, especially when they represent a certain element (there's a handful of known elements - although not really related to Slayers but in general - in the FT universe after all). Having said that, I do agree that Orga might just be the Lightning God Slayer. Also, his reaction to Chelia's God Slaying magic is sort of a giveaway.

As to Chelia's relation to Zeref, this is a bit tricky. I think I somehow agree that Zeref might just be the God Slayer of Death, as the only relation I could think of is that Chelia's Sky God magic (one that heals, hence to some extent, gives life) is the polar opposite of Zeref's magic (one that takes life away). The mere fact that Acnologia views humans as insignificant means there is no Dragon Slayer of Death (Acnologia wouldn't teach a human anything if he viewed them as such). Also, It would be weird if there were one (and if that would be Zeref) 'cause that would mean there is a God Slayer of Death; someone that's possibly stronger (and scarier) than Zeref.

Anyhow, 'Good' chapter for me. I like seeing Wendy do something other than support. I'd rank next chapter as 'Epic' if she'd win, even if she does it by pulling off a Lucy-Sherry deja vu. :)

BlackHair
June 23, 2012, 10:21 AM
So we had 7 dragon slayers and 2 god slayers, yet it was really lame to introduce another god slayer? Would you rather have 2 god slayers for the rest of the manga? I'll answer that for you; probably not. There is a good reason Mashima introduced god slayers, we just don't know yet. So it isn't fair to jump to conclusions.I think the main concern is about overusing a magic class, which is considered lost and a rarity. Godslayer were only introduced in the previous arc, yet just a arc later we have already two new of them.

While I at this point do not share there viewpoint, I totally understand them. No matter what u like, if u happen to face it too often, it will lose its flavour. I believe ppl have a similar feeling right now with the Godslayers. If Mashima had Zancrow, Sheila and Orga introduced in a bigger gap, things would have been different, I think.

As to Dragonslayer magic, in my eyes it already lost its uniqueness. The 2nd and 3rd generation crap ruined it for me. Mashima should have stayed with only Dragon teaching humans. But Im still fine with Godslayer magic. I just wish Mashima to explain it. Since its about darkness, I think the origin lies within Zeref, but who knows...

Anyway, I like this fight. I get the feeling this is the first fight in which Mashima is serious about. I never rly cared for Wendy, did neither like or hate her. Yet surprisingly her battle seems to be the most interesting one. From new DS sky attacks to GS foe, this fight is enjoyable.

lionheart555
June 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
fascinating chapter. Chelia looks like she's possessed in that last frame of her from the angle right where Jellal comments about Wendy's situation. I don't think Wendy will lose this one. But it might take Jellal's intervention (and subsequent removal from the games) to help Wendy find a way to win.

matzik1212
June 23, 2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah again another chapter that i fairly disliked . Here comes another good mage that will lose when all the lame ones won :notrust

I have to say i really hate that Chelia girl . The way she acts is pissing me off . She thinks to highly of herself IMO , acting like that with Wendy :sexyarf

She's a God slayer so what . We already saw that Natsu defeated a God slayer (Zancrow) , they're no big deal *shrugs* so i think Wendy'll be able to wipe that goody two-shoes smile of her face . I have this feeling she's not so innocent as she appears to be .

Even Jellal came to see the fight so it seems that Chelia is related to Zeref . I wonder how will Wendy fight next chapter . That Secret Dragon Technique must have been her trump card and it didn't do much damage :s

NAM61
June 23, 2012, 11:56 AM
i dont see why people hate that another god slayer was introduced this is a tournament where the strongest mages come to participate of course they will be powerful and special. plus they seem to have a connection to zeref or at least shelia and since the start of this arc we knew zeref will play a role. also zeref probably trained the new god slayer either to use them as an army or to kill him since he thinks natsu is gone. i really do think he will be a true god he has been alive for 400 year or maybe even more.

kkck
June 23, 2012, 12:43 PM
Obviously this chapter did prove that they can run out of their natural source of element, since people experienced it a lot harder to breath. This means that too much air-eating would result in suffocation. I do agree though that the magic is very versatile and useful but the destructive power is below fire/lightning/metal.

I would argue that if the destructive power of the magic is below other elements it is simply because of the limitations wendy and shelia have. I mean, the two of them have the power to unleash tornadoes on every attack and we know those are destructive.

Newkerzy
June 23, 2012, 01:03 PM
I would argue that if the destructive power of the magic is below other elements it is simply because of the limitations wendy and shelia have. I mean, the two of them have the power to unleash tornadoes on every attack and we know those are destructive.

And if you add that to my previous post, then Sky Slaying Magic is perhaps the strongest and most hax magic in the entire series.

kkck
June 23, 2012, 03:35 PM
Thats the entire point I was originally trying to make lol.

Another thing to my previous post, the people in the stadium did feel the girls absorbing the air but it is not like they can actually run out of it. Its only a matter of time until air flows back in, if anything it should happen just about instantly. The only limitation they could have would be fighting in a closed space.

DEATHBOTT
June 23, 2012, 07:41 PM
i really want to see how a godslayer matches up to another godslayer or to a dragonslayer of another element. if we keep getting perfect set ups of the same elements it will be annoying.... so i hope orga fights chelia before his seemed to be destined beating from laxus. or she goes up against gajeel or natsu and has 'fun' fighting someone else who enjoys a good fight haha

crimsonlink310
June 23, 2012, 11:29 PM
All this talk of Godslayers is fun to read but I'm gonna wait for more to be revealed about them just like Dragonslayer magic.

As for the chapter, I have to say that Wendy came far with her training. Mashima is probably saving the other technique from Grandine for later on in the arc.

Looking forward to how the fight ends and what exactly the Zeref energy signature was doing in the games and where its coming from.

dark angel KaRamo
June 23, 2012, 11:45 PM
that Shelia girl is acting to high and mighty i want wendy to just use her new attack milky way and just blow her a way but i thing jellal might jump in or wendy might just fall because of her lack of magic that she has left this fight should of be a little more epic, wendy should heal her self get a little anger and say this is for my guild and start fight like natsu even a little and maybe eat shelia wind and combine with her own to increase it's destructive capability

thousandIN1
June 24, 2012, 12:00 AM
IMO wendy will lose, i think the crowd won't even notice/care but be a little impressed(maybe) because wendy is so young and for a mage that young to put on a good fight is impressive in itsellf.As far as after the 3rd day; wendy will be in the sick bay again.

Kauia
June 24, 2012, 12:14 AM
Predicting Wendy losing right now after seeing Chelia stand up is way too predictable so I don't think so although I've never really thought about Wendy that much.

thousandIN1
June 24, 2012, 12:19 AM
i think a tie is too predicatable and the other way i see this ending is jellel interupts and gets FTB team disqualified and the match ends in no points.
that way there will be 6 even teams

SlayerKisame
June 24, 2012, 01:25 AM
I think the main concern is about overusing a magic class, which is considered lost and a rarity. Godslayer were only introduced in the previous arc, yet just a arc later we have already two new of them.

While I at this point do not share there viewpoint, I totally understand them. No matter what u like, if u happen to face it too often, it will lose its flavour. I believe ppl have a similar feeling right now with the Godslayers. If Mashima had Zancrow, Sheila and Orga introduced in a bigger gap, things would have been different, I think.

As to Dragonslayer magic, in my eyes it already lost its uniqueness. The 2nd and 3rd generation crap ruined it for me. Mashima should have stayed with only Dragon teaching humans. But Im still fine with Godslayer magic. I just wish Mashima to explain it. Since its about darkness, I think the origin lies within Zeref, but who knows...

Anyway, I like this fight. I get the feeling this is the first fight in which Mashima is serious about. I never rly cared for Wendy, did neither like or hate her. Yet surprisingly her battle seems to be the most interesting one. From new DS sky attacks to GS foe, this fight is enjoyable.

Sorry man, I don't get this logic. And I don't respect the opinion that it was too soon. I've tried following the hate on introducing another god slayer but I just don't understand what the deal is. It's not making sense to me. It doesn't matter how unique an element is, because that's irrelevant. It was never said that a dragon slayer had a completely unique element that no one would ever be capable of manipulating. Look at Gray, he manipulates ice at an advanced level and it's a no-brainer that there is going to be an ice GS/DS. He is proof that you don't need to be raised by a dragon or taught by a god to be powerful at an elemental magic.

Mashima introduced the first god slayer with Zancrow. And I hope this next part is obvious... If there is a fire god slayer, there has to be a lightning god slayer, an iron god slayer, an ice god slayer, and so on. This theory only makes sense. The fact that it was too soon to introduce a god slayer is ridiculous. It is seven years down the pipeline, Mashima will have to introduce these characters sooner or later.

And yes, Orga is a god slayer. Here, look at this neat chart.

Zancrow used black fire ---- > God Slayer
Chelia used black wind ---- > God Slayer
Orga used black lightning ---- > ????

I seriously hope you guys see the pattern and don't need Mashima to spell it out for you. It's literally right there. You see that? Put 2 and 2 together.

I don't think I've ever been so irritated with FT fans in a single week...

SerpentTailedAngel
June 24, 2012, 03:16 AM
I just don't like the way Chelia acted during the chapter (and Lyon's boasting didn't help) but I think people are objecting to having so many god slayers pop up in a row. Zancrow made it out to be unique and in the next arc there are already two more. It may be seven years for the cast, but it's only one arc for the readers, and they're the people who are judging the series. Natsu got to be the only dragon slayer for several arcs before it became the most common magic ability in the series. That, and it's a copy of dragon slayer magic designed less to slay gods and more to beat up the dragon slayers, which makes it's sudden large presence an eye roll.

Kauia
June 24, 2012, 04:28 AM
I was a little surprised with Zancrow appearing back then. I thought back then his magic god slayer was one lame idea of countering Natsu's fire. I guess since he was fire god slayer (maybe it was the way the fight went that made it lame), we should have expected other element other god slayer magic appearing. As for dragon slayers; during the phantom lord arc, it makes you a little down. BUT if you look at the whole picture, god slayers and dragon slayers have important roles for the manga. I think it's tightly link to Zeref. I don't remember who mentioned it, (sorry about that) but he/she said he thought god slayers were created, or it was a magic born to counter dragon slaying magic. I stick to that belief. I'm counting on something about those two types of magic be heavily link to the future dragon feast that Grandeen mentioned chapters and chapters ago.

While second generation dragon slayers seem to have similar attributes to the first generations. I feel as though the first generation dragon slayers are different and has a different potential compared to the second and third. Rogue and Sting's are somewhat questionable to me since it has so many questions like when they killed, or if there was even a killing. What caused it, the history, does it follow the -7- number rule? Unless those are cleared, they're not in the clear to me. I don't think they'll be joining fairy tail in the near future. I think of them as people who may be part of a force along with his other team members that may rebuild Sabertooth if some big disastrous incident may occur that destroys them. It could be Fairy tail but I don't think it would be a guild war. (that be too predictable or an idea too overused) There has too be a bigger picture.

Godslayers magic has too many questions. Unless the plots develop, all theories to be made is hard since there is too much lack in information. Hopefully, this arc may show some light about it. Is god slaying magic really dark. Is it taught by humans? and so forth.

BlackHair
June 24, 2012, 06:03 AM
Sorry man, I don't get this logic. And I don't respect the opinion that it was too soon. I've tried following the hate on introducing another god slayer but I just don't understand what the deal is. It's not making sense to me. [...]You rly don't get the logic, as u missed the point entirely! DS magic and GS magic are titled as "lost magic" and are considered a rarity. As such if Mashima keeps introducing them in each arc, the uniqueness will lost its meaning. That's the issue at hand.

Last but not least, please reread my post once again, as I never questioned Orgas GS magic nor complained about their element. Im not sure whose post you were responding to, as it was clearly not mine.

Anyway, I repeat I have no issue with GS magic, just wanted to explain the concern. btw Im not sure whether DS magic is considered as lost magic or not .. xD

hoeru
June 24, 2012, 07:16 AM
Sorry man, I don't get this logic.

That logic is pretty simple: It's said to be lost magic, and that lost magic is rare due to being lost. Now if that "lost (=rare) magic" appears as often as standard magic, readers may jump to wrong conclusion and don't see the point in calling it neither rare nor lost.

But that's actually too plain as bashing as it's totally focussing on the four-digit words "lost" and "rare": As in One Piece with the Haki and the even "rarer" Haoushoku, or Naruto's Sharingan and Rin'negan, Bleach's Bankai, Toriko's Food Honor, Dragon Ball's Super Saiyan powers - there's actually nothing saying that due to it being a rare power that it's totally uncommon that the top characters use lost magic once the plot comes to a certain power levels of characters.

Knowing lost magic is simply the advantage that makes those mages the best of the Fairy Tail manga.

Ifrit
June 24, 2012, 08:03 AM
Why do we assume lost magic can't be taught by regular means?

I'm not interested in this chapter what so ever. However I wanted to comment on this. Every1 is saying that Lost magic can't be trained by regular person ?

Allow me to support your theory kkck

Do you guys actually read Fairy Tail ? Correct me if I'm wrong, It was HADES who trained the entire Grimore Heart members ?

I will not post the link, but if you go back to the S-class Arc you will see HADES clearly saying that he was the one who trained them, and he introduced Arc of Time to Ultear...:fail

Uriel
June 24, 2012, 11:00 AM
Why do we assume lost magic can't be taught by regular means? If I recall lost magic is one that had severe consequences and thus was lost in history. That does not imply it can't be taught like any other magic nor does it rule out some special process. For all we know there even are a few non lost magics that can't be taught regularly.
Because rare =/= regular.

hoeru
June 24, 2012, 11:09 AM
While "rare" could also simply mean that the magic costs the user's life if it's used too much (Azuma, Zaldy for example) - therefore mages at some point decided to no longer use and teach it, it sure has been shown that Ultear had too much magical energy, and that Dragonslayers are taught by Dragons and/or get their powers from lacrima.

Anyways, I hope Wendy will be fine after all and is able to turn the tables as Natsu was against Zancrow ...

Raicrune
June 24, 2012, 11:26 AM
So am i the only one who liked the way the Godslayers are introduced in different arcs and groups etc? I like it when a guild/group has different kind of magic users instead of an arc about a group full of godslayers.. i think that would be too cliche (bleach)

Now i have seen a bad godslayer (zancrow) and Chelia is probably the good godslayer. It gives me the same feeling about dragonslayers: Sting and Rogue can stay in their guild if they want.

Edelheld
June 24, 2012, 11:46 AM
Do you people think that Ultear is that retard to not recognize same God Slayer magic pattern as of the one of her previous teammates(Zancrow)? Is she that retard to not see similarity in Zancrows magic pattern and Zeref's one when she met him in the first place? I for once hope that she's not only smokin' hot but also have some gray matter in her pretty head to see the connection between Zeref and God Slayers if there was any.

SerpentTailedAngel
June 24, 2012, 01:21 PM
There may be some secret to Chelia's magic that makes it more like Zeref's than Zancrow's was. It can't just be god slayer magic because there's a 99.99999999999999999999999999% chance that Orga's a god slayer too, and no one ever flipped out when he used his magic.

Jorge D. Dragon
June 24, 2012, 02:12 PM
About some lost magics appearing "often"... We should take in consideration that there are hundreds or maybe thousands of legal and not legal Guilds in Fiore, so we have thousands of mages out there in those Guilds, also hundreds in Magic Council and also plenty of mages who remain solos or in small groups, thus actually having something like 7 DS and 3 GS among them isn't that many if you think about it. It's more like the plot revolves around Dragon Slayers and maybe God Slayers are also connected to DS or Zeref or are important to the plot for asnother reason, so having like 10 of each kind won't be that strange.

lawlett-kun
June 24, 2012, 02:54 PM
i liked the chapter, wendy is better power wise now, dunno chelia is pissing me off i would hate if she is connected to zeref cuz she is annoying enough aready. I believe wendy will win because she was watching the fight between natsu and zancrow and she knows how he dealt with him

NAM61
June 24, 2012, 04:14 PM
it said wendy was running low on magic this is perfecte for her to eat shelies GS magic natsu had to suppress his magic to eat it now with wendy running low and probably running empty soon she maybe able to eat it.

SlayerKisame
June 24, 2012, 06:18 PM
@BlackHair & Hoeru:

The Lost Magic, to me, is about being taught by a dragon, not their element/specialty. There are probably tons of dragonslayers, tons. We know that a dragonslayer can be specialized in something as complex as "iron". To me, the pacing in which they are introduced is irrelevant. These slayers already exist (and even more exist after the TS; Rogue/Sting) , they aren't just created out of nowhere (don't take this literally). With that said, it is only natural that we keep seeing them pop up.

I think of godslayers exactly the same as dragonslayers. They are just like dragonslayers except that they had a different teacher.

And sorry BlackHair, the Orga comment wasn't directed at you.

zerocooldx
June 24, 2012, 08:51 PM
You rly don't get the logic, as u missed the point entirely! DS magic and GS magic are titled as "lost magic" and are considered a rarity. As such if Mashima keeps introducing them in each arc, the uniqueness will lost its meaning. That's the issue at hand.

Unfortunately this happens in almost every manga in one form or another. But it happens because its the quickest and most efficient way for the author to build up immediate hype and interest in a new character. Simply saying something like "Orga uses lighting magic" or "Chelia uses sky/wind magic" would more often then not result in a response of "Ok...but so what? Laxu's uses GS Lighting Magic and Wendy uses GS Sky Magic. Whats so special about these two new characters then?" There has to be something very unique or very similar that new characters share in common with "established" characters that gives the readers the perception that the new characters are somehow close to being on the same level as the far more established characters. Otherwise every new character would exclusively require on screen time in order to be developed before our eyes so that we as readers would then know what separates them from the rest. This can be done from time to time, but it can't be done with every new character that plays a role in a particular arc or the entire manga itself.

ca12nag3
June 25, 2012, 09:07 AM
Unfortunately this happens in almost every manga in one form or another. But it happens because its the quickest and most efficient way for the author to build up immediate hype and interest in a new character. Simply saying something like "Orga uses lighting magic" or "Chelia uses sky/wind magic" would more often then not result in a response of "Ok...but so what? Laxu's uses GS Lighting Magic and Wendy uses GS Sky Magic. Whats so special about these two new characters then?" There has to be something very unique or very similar that new characters share in common with "established" characters that gives the readers the perception that the new characters are somehow close to being on the same level as the far more established characters. Otherwise every new character would exclusively require on screen time in order to be developed before our eyes so that we as readers would then know what separates them from the rest. This can be done from time to time, but it can't be done with every new character that plays a role in a particular arc or the entire manga itself.

the problem is not that they are godslayers, but it gets kinda boring if this hyped character all mighty flexing muscles and all, goes all high and mighty and in the end get curbstomped again...
What is so Godslayerish about that then?
In essence it means wendy has to lose to validify her as being really strong. If Godslaying in essence is above dragonslaying then winning against a Godslayer should not be the rule but the exception.

zerocooldx
June 25, 2012, 05:03 PM
the problem is not that they are godslayers, but it gets kinda boring if this hyped character all mighty flexing muscles and all, goes all high and mighty and in the end get curbstomped again...
What is so Godslayerish about that then?
In essence it means wendy has to lose to validify her as being really strong. If Godslaying in essence is above dragonslaying then winning against a Godslayer should not be the rule but the exception.

What God Slayer got curb stomped? If it wasn't for Makarov's brief intervention Zancrow could have probably killed Natsu in their battle. Also just because Magic A is superior to Magic B that doesn't mean that Mage A is superior to Mage B. All that means is that if all else is exactly equal a GS should beat a DS.

1337 haxor
June 25, 2012, 09:36 PM
What God Slayer got curb stomped? If it wasn't for Makarov's brief intervention Zancrow could have probably killed Natsu in their battle. Also just because Magic A is superior to Magic B that doesn't mean that Mage A is superior to Mage B. All that means is that if all else is exactly equal a GS should beat a DS.

True, Zancrow bought the idiot ball and was blown away for it.

Fact is that no matter how better GS magic is, a simple human cannot beat the likes of a DS or a dragon for that matter.

Natsu and Wendy probably have ridiculously large magic reserves they can use to amplify their inferior magic to levels far beyond that of what a normal human with GS is capable of doing.

It's like the difference between 1 kilo of dynamite vs 1 ton of black powder, the former is a better explosive but the latter is in a ridiculously greater amount.

THM Nindo
June 25, 2012, 10:06 PM
True, Zancrow bought the idiot ball and was blown away for it.

Fact is that no matter how better GS magic is, a simple human cannot beat the likes of a DS or a dragon for that matter.

Natsu and Wendy probably have ridiculously large magic reserves they can use to amplify their inferior magic to levels far beyond that of what a normal human with GS is capable of doing.

It's like the difference between 1 kilo of dynamite vs 1 ton of black powder, the former is a better explosive but the latter is in a ridiculously greater amount.

Where was it ever stated that the God Slayer didn't have just as much magic reserve than Dragon Slayer?
Until proven otherwise, the God Slayer are stronger than Dragon Slayer.

I wouldn't put too much importance on the fight against Zancrow to judge the power of a God Slayer for 2 reasons:
- Natsu is the protagonist, so, of course, he would win
- Zancrow was stupid... like, very stupid...

kkck
June 25, 2012, 10:53 PM
I would question to what extent zancrow's stupidity affected the outcome of the fight though. I didn't get the impression that he actually fought stupidly and by the time makarov got a hold of him he had already gone for the kill. Its not like he toyed around either, he handed natsu his ass for most of the fight. I guess the one thing zancrow could have done differently was actually use the flame he took from natsu to also use the dragon god flame.

That is something which always seemed weird though. If the god flame was superior to the dragon flame then why is the combination of the two a greater flame rather than a lesser flame to the god flame? Its not like the dragon god flame was just a bit stronger. Zancrow used his god below and kagutsuchi against natsu (equivalents to the brilliant flame and dragon roar, two of natsu's more powerful techniques) and even then he did not outright take natsu out. Zancrow had not even taken a hit and natsu was able to one shot him with the dragon god brilliant flame. Maybe I am over thinking this part but perhaps it is an indication that dragons are not inherently weaker than gods.

Then there is also the consideration of wendy's fight with shelia. If gods were inherently stronger than dragons then why would the fight go the way it did? Shelia eats air to replenish and heal herself so why didn't the fight go the same way and natsu's and zancrow's fight and had shelia eating wendy's attacks? Its not just that she did not eat them, wendy's attacks actually caused damage to her. Ultimately what made the difference here was not shelia having a superior element per say but rather her ability to recover herself fast (which could be because of her eating the air or because of her sky magic healing her or both). And for all we know, it is only a matter of time before wendy develops the ability to heal herself considering overall DS and GS magic is just all too similar.

Anyways, taking all of this into consideration I don't particularly get the impression that gods are overall stronger than dragons. Rather, my impression is that gods and dragons should be by all intents and purposes powerful creatures with dominion over elements of overall similar power level.

hoeru
June 26, 2012, 02:14 AM
I wonder if Mashima-sensei is going on with the battle round in the next chapter(s) or if he's gonna show us some new development about Yukino being targeted by Arcadios... :/

lawlett-kun
June 26, 2012, 02:27 AM
I wonder if Mashima-sensei is going on with the battle round in the next chapter(s) or if he's gonna show us some new development about Yukino being targeted by Arcadios... :/

judging by the title its still gonna be wendy

dark angel KaRamo
June 26, 2012, 02:31 AM
you raise a good point i also don't thing that GS magic is overall stronger then DS magic they used the same kind of spells the difference is the black color and that it's lost magic, so GS magic is black while DS magic is the natural color of the element that they control they eat the same element to restore at least haft or last than that of there magic power so why is it stronger, also Dragon Slayer are only able to eat God Slayer attacks after nullifying all of his/her own Magic, while the God Slayers' can eat Dragon Slayers' attacks with ease. i thing it's due to the fact that it's lost magic or because it may be black magic created by zeref him self.

But there is one thing that is also different between GS magic and DS magic natsu and wendy each fought a GS without being in there final DS form they didn't have there DS skin, i recall natsu fighting (Zero) and had his dragon's skin along with gold flames and with (snake) he used a dragon's roar without the fire just a roar of pure sound that was so load it knocked out (snake) for a while and when her fought (jellal) natsu ate Etherion to increase his power and again he had the dragon skin but on his face this time so natsu and wendy are not using there full potential as yet and since Wendy's magic is nullifying/empty maybe she can eat shelia magic now.

hoeru
June 26, 2012, 06:26 AM
you raise a good point i also don't thing that GS magic is overall stronger then DS magic they used the same kind of spells the difference is the black color and that it's lost magic,

Maybe I misunderstood you but Dragon Slayer is as lost magic as God Slayer. :huh

judging by the title its still gonna be wendy

But the title still may change... It wouldn't be the first time if this happened. ;)

Ero-Sanji
June 26, 2012, 11:07 AM
Then there is also the consideration of wendy's fight with shelia. If gods were inherently stronger than dragons then why would the fight go the way it did? Shelia eats air to replenish and heal herself so why didn't the fight go the same way and natsu's and zancrow's fight and had shelia eating wendy's attacks? Its not just that she did not eat them, wendy's attacks actually caused damage to her. Ultimately what made the difference here was not shelia having a superior element per say but rather her ability to recover herself fast (which could be because of her eating the air or because of her sky magic healing her or both). And for all we know, it is only a matter of time before wendy develops the ability to heal herself considering overall DS and GS magic is just all too similar.

Well, first of all unlike Natsu vs Zancrow, this fight was fought between two girls not so old enough to be in a fight. Therefore their fighting capacity aren't necessary the same and Shelia perhaps never thought about eating the air from Wendy's attack. Also, the only attack that actually damaged Shelia was Wendy's secret attack, one of the strongest of the air dragon slayer kind. Natsu never got the chance to land such an attack on Zancrow since he always responded with a similar and evidently stronger attack. Just look at the moment after the bellow and the roar attacks, Wendy has taken quite a punch while Shelia is unscathed.

1337 haxor
June 26, 2012, 12:18 PM
Well, first of all unlike Natsu vs Zancrow, this fight was fought between two girls not so old enough to be in a fight. Therefore their fighting capacity aren't necessary the same and Shelia perhaps never thought about eating the air from Wendy's attack. Also, the only attack that actually damaged Shelia was Wendy's secret attack, one of the strongest of the air dragon slayer kind. Natsu never got the chance to land such an attack on Zancrow since he always responded with a similar and evidently stronger attack. Just look at the moment after the bellow and the roar attacks, Wendy has taken quite a punch while Shelia is unscathed.

Not unscatched, she just plain regenerated.

There might be differences in abilities regarding GS given that their magic is most likely an improved copy of DS.

Zancrow had all the traits of fire DS up to eleven, he was nigh invulnerable to flames and explosions that would be otherwise fatal even to Natsu. Fire DS is heat/explosion proof and since we saw fire GS going on against basically that we can't fully conclude how resistant he is to other forms of magic.

More than that, tough, fire is a major attack magic in this manga not air like in Naruto.

The main trait of the Sky DS is healing power and the Sky GS will basically up that to eleven, they will not suddenly create the massive defensive power that fire or iron possesses.

There is even a catch as to why both Wendy and Chelia get wounded by wind attacks, their element is the sky not wind. Wind is the result of air particles moving at high speed because a force compels them to do so, sky DS magic manipulates wind by altering the atmospheric pressure around them and forcing the air particles to dislodge themselves.

Hence eating wind is not like eating sky properly, it might be a thing of experience but Natsu can eat a fast flying ball of fire because it is still fire, however, for Wendy or Chelia to eat a gust of wind it's probably like trying to catch a 50mph hot dog thrown at your face. The sky/air particles are plain to fast to be eaten.

Eating flying fast food might be beyond Wendy's and Chelia's current capabilities but they might learn how to do it when they grow up.

Marche
June 26, 2012, 01:11 PM
Right now I will write what I believe will happened in the next chapters.
I really don’t believe that Wendy will win, in particular if Chellia is really the source of the strange magic.
I believe this because even if Wendy would use the same trick that Natsu uses against Zancrow this time Chellia could heal herself, so she could keep to to fight.
The title for the next chapter gives me two ideas on about could ended this fight.
1) Chellia will knocking out Wendy with a fist, which is a tiny fist because her hand are small.
Perhaps she could use the wind just as a propeller, in the same way in which Natsu fought against Sabertooth’s master.
2) Even if it’s unlikely because this would be out from Wendy’s character, she could close her hands and then put its on her chest or put it in Chellia’s direction, and then she could swear to not lose, to not withdraw.

Before of this match I thought that the match would end in a draw, because so Sabertooth, Lamia Scale, the two team of Fairy Tail and Mermaid Hell would be only in 7 points,
Perhaps this could really happened if Chellia in someway will not use her real power, she will not put her real strength in her attacks.
But right now I am not so sure that the match will end in a draw, perhaps she could lose.
If this will happened then the tag team will win in the 4th day. But if it will be I don’t think that they will fight against the team B.
Anyways right now Wendy has been able to master only one spell of the two that Grandine left her, which is it an attack.
But I believe that in the fourth day and even in the other two days where there will not be any tournament (even if it’s not confirmed I believe that this will happened) she will be able to master even the second spell, which is believe that is a defensive spell (it could create a barrier) or most likely an healing spell, after master it she could be able to heal herself just like Chellia.
Then she will fight again Chellia and she would win or draw but with Chellia that would use her real power.

Anyways I don’t believe that Chellia is evil, I believe that Crime Sorciere felt Zereff magic because she uses a lost magic, and that all lost magic (perhaps except for dragonslayer magic) transmit the same sensation, in fact just as Urtear said here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/263/17.
But in this same page they say than that magic had an “evil presence” in it, so perhaps Aracadia could use indirectly Chellia for his plan (in someway he could use her as coverage).
For example if someone would detect the strange magical power, after seeing Chellia he could believe that she is the source of that magical power, and then leave it (I said this but in the truth I don’t believe that Crime Sorciere would leave the town, I believe in fact that they would at least stay for support Fairy Tail).

As I already I don’t think that Chelia is connected to Zereff and that she is evil, but I must admit that there are two strange things.
The first is that Sherry’s family should have killed by Deliora and the second is it strange that none (except for the members of her guild) knew Chellia’s power, even if she had already participated in the previous tournements,
But perhaps “family” could means only her parents, and beside the fact that the audience were all surprised by Chellia’s power is because in the previous tournament she did not use her real power, she hold back (I believe this by what Jura says at the end of the chapter).
Anyways if I am wrong I believe that Chellia’s true evil intentions will be discovered at the 7th day.

There is even the possibilities that Fairy Tail will ask about Chellia power to Jura or Lyon, and they will say it.
But actually I would like if in someway (because this will be Lyon’s condition or if this will be decided by Fairy Tail itself) Lluvia and Lyon would have an appointment and then Gray will spy them, directly (following secretly them, just Lluvia does always with Gray) or using Urtear magical ball.

Ero-Sanji
June 26, 2012, 01:45 PM
Not unscatched, she just plain regenerated.

Look at the clothes: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/43592359/15
Wendy got damaged, Shelia didn't. It wasn't until Wendy's secret tech that Shelia got hurt which was proved by the bruises and the torn clothes.

Sollum
June 26, 2012, 03:24 PM
Where was it ever stated that the God Slayer didn't have just as much magic reserve than Dragon Slayer?
Until proven otherwise, the God Slayer are stronger than Dragon Slayer.

Is it because you say so or there's some sort of law on that matter? o.O

I don't know... when Zancrow ate Natsu's flame, he was as strong as before.
When Natsu ate Zancrows flame, he owned Zancrow big time.

Which pretty much translates into the idea of Zancrow being at 100% all time, whereas Natsu can achieve 100% only on certain occasions... and only then WTFPWN everything.

thousandIN1
June 26, 2012, 03:27 PM
regarding the odd number of teams now, imo either the council will let another team take the place for RT, but that seems farfetched. or they'll let RT participate in the tournament still, though they'll be under strict watch and the council will choose which RT member goes out. after the competition/battle is over they'll go back to their cell.

on a side note:if they have a omake about the GMT then i'd like to see old characters be show cased; oracion seis, grimoir heart, phantom lord, etc

regarding wendy vs chelia, this battle end in a draw or in chelia's favor. and also she called her guild master grandma. not sure if they are related or just a form a speech or something

THM Nindo
June 26, 2012, 06:34 PM
Is it because you say so or there's some sort of law on that matter? o.O

Well, maybe I'm wrong.
But I was under the impression that God Slayer were clearly said to be stronger than Dragon Slayer.

Wasn't Zancrow laughing at Natsu for only being trained by a Dragon whereas he was trained by a "God".

I understand that they clearly weren't trained by Gods for real, though...

dark angel KaRamo
June 26, 2012, 09:36 PM
Maybe I misunderstood you but Dragon Slayer is as lost magic as God Slayer. :huh

no it's just that they don't look all:gwah when a DS is there but when a GS is there it's like look it's lost magic GS magic is just DS magic with just a black color and a little more destructive power i mean you have to stand in the present of a dragon to learn DS magic (not talking about the 2nd generation) and you learn GS magic from a human (YAWN)

Ifrit
June 27, 2012, 10:06 AM
no it's just that they don't look all:gwah when a DS is there but when a GS is there it's like look it's lost magic GS magic is just DS magic with just a black color and a little more destructive power i mean you have to stand in the present of a dragon to learn DS magic (not talking about the 2nd generation) and you learn GS magic from a human (YAWN)

I think DS magic is more powerful than GS magic, Also the first generation DS such as Natsy, Gazille, and Wendy, They are more powerful than Laxus, Cobra dragon slayer magic.

We all saw how Natsu was able to defeat Laxus, when Laxus used Dragon Force, First generation has the advantage of using "Secret Art Dragon Slayer" magic, which you don't see with wannabe dragon slayers n God Slayers.

On topic of next Chapter, I think Wendy second skill milki way or whatever "weird name can't remember it". Is equivalent to the skill the Lamia scale girl did to recover herself.

Which mean Wendy got 2 skills, One for attack, and the ultimate healing magic, where she can make any1 in a bad shape recover.

Any think that the idea of Dragon Slayer eating wind is kinda OP ?

We see how Natsu , and Gazille become scary when they eat metal or fire, but its not always there, I think Wendy on the long run should be stronger than Gazille and Natsu

RaveDragon
June 27, 2012, 10:09 AM
I think DS magic is more powerful than GS magic, Also the first generation DS such as Natsy, Gazille, and Wendy, They are more powerful than Laxus, Cobra dragon slayer magic.

We all saw how Natsu was able to defeat Laxus, when Laxus used Dragon Force, First generation has the advantage of using "Secret Art Dragon Slayer" magic, which you don't see with wannabe dragon slayers n God Slayers.

I think it all depends on the user, I mean with a bit of brains the strongest opponent can be defeated as natsu showed when he defeated Zancrow, it was risky but it worked so :woo

The secret arts i guess are what advantage the first generation have of being taught by dragons. If Wendy could use milkyway i bet Chelia would be toast. I'm curious what will happen in the night to day 3 though. i'd think the grand magic tournament will end before any trouble starts

kkck
June 27, 2012, 12:37 PM
Well, maybe I'm wrong.
But I was under the impression that God Slayer were clearly said to be stronger than Dragon Slayer.

Wasn't Zancrow laughing at Natsu for only being trained by a Dragon whereas he was trained by a "God".

I understand that they clearly weren't trained by Gods for real, though...

Zancrow never said he learned his magic from a god, not even once. At best he made a reference of hades being a god. He did make fun of natsu for trying to defeat him with a mere dragon's flame when zancrow had a god flame.

Zancrow is one case however we really have no way of knowing who exactly trained shelia or orga. As far as we know hades just took it upon himself to learn a bunch of lost magic and teach it to his pupils. The issue might be different with orga or shelia, perhaps they were trained by a god or perhaps they just got hold of the knowledge of how to use GS magic.

Rarhyx
June 27, 2012, 12:38 PM
I

Agreed.
If Wendy would be a fighter type like natsu or Erza, she would be the strongest in FT.
Forget the FT part, she would be the strongest in the world.

but as she is a support type, she is weak :/

kkck
June 27, 2012, 01:01 PM

On topic of next Chapter, I think Wendy second skill milki way or whatever "weird name can't remember it". Is equivalent to the skill the Lamia scale girl did to recover herself.

Which mean Wendy got 2 skills, One for attack, and the ultimate healing magic, where she can make any1 in a bad shape recover.

We see how Natsu , and Gazille become scary when they eat metal or fire, but its not always there, I think Wendy on the long run should be stronger than Gazille and Natsu

I don't think it has ever been shown that laxus or cobra were in any way inferior to the others as far as DS magic went. If anything the two of them were shown to be beasts. Laxus lost due to the whole friendship thing and not actually wanting to hurt anyone and cobra was never bested at DS magic, he handed natsu his ass in that particular department. Cobra lost because natsu took advantage of his other magic. There is also the consideration that laxus (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7239-14/fairy-tail/chapter-124.html) and cobra (http://www.mangareader.net/135-29408-22/fairy-tail/chapter-149.html) seem more dragonlike when using their DS magic. Natsu never looks that dragonlike when fighting normally. If anything, even when using dragonforce he does not look that dragonlike. At least based on appearances and the level we have seen from laxus and cobra I would even go as far as arguing that so far it seems like fake DS are actually stronger than normal DS considering that when it comes to mimicking dragons the fake DS come a bit closer. There is no evidence to suggest fake DS cannot use secret DS arts for that matter. And on that particular matter, god slayers would not even use that but rather they would use secret god slayer arts and we have no actual evidence to suggest they do not have it.

I do think wendy will eventually learn how to heal herself in the middle of the battle. It should be a natural consequence of eating the air and coupled with healing it should work reasonably fast. It does seem like healing herself so far has been impossible though, charle mentioned wendy could not do it at some point. I wonder if the manga will elaborate on the reason for that. And the idea is OP, that is why oda gave it to two little girls without the time to fully develop the magic. Wendy would technically have 3 skills, attack, healing and support.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

On that note, I wonder what sting and cobra look like when they fight. As the manga has shown, dragon lachrima actually makes the user more dragonlike and provides with actual scales. DS does the same thing but to a lesser extent. Now, if we have a a DS with real DS magic and dragon lachrima implanted we would be talking about his natural magic making him dragonlike and his dragon lachrima furthering the transformation. In this regard, what if when sting and rogue fight with their full power they look completely reptilian? So far it has been just the arms which are covered with scales but this double dragon slayer magic source could and perhaps should take the transformation that much further. Could they even get a tail?

Rarhyx
June 27, 2012, 01:33 PM
@kkck
I have two other theorys:
1. it's because cobra works with a snake, and it's his style he combined dragon lacryma with his own snake style
2. he mastered dragon force and natsu not, look at gajeel: http://www.mangareader.net/135-7176-11/fairy-tail/chapter-61.html
he looks similar to cobra and while you look at laxus, he looks more like natsu who didn't mastered/used it fully yet

kkck
June 27, 2012, 01:42 PM
@kkck
I have two other theorys:
1. it's because cobra works with a snake, and it's his style he combined dragon lacryma with his own snake style
2. he mastered dragon force and natsu not, look at gajeel: http://www.mangareader.net/135-7176-11/fairy-tail/chapter-61.html
he looks similar to cobra and while you look at laxus, he looks more like natsu who didn't mastered/used it fully yet

Snake? There is no real evidence that cobra has anything like snake magic. More so, it was only when he displayed his true DS abilities that he transformed. And it wouldn't explain why laxus had pretty much the same going on for him.

I thought about the gajeel situation but my impression was that gajeel had an inherently different thing going on. The scales were not an actual part of his body, rather he used his powers to create scales around him. This would be intrinsically different from real living scales appearing as a result of being more like a dragon. I would argue galeel using his iron dragon scales technique is similar to natsu covering himself in fire to attack, the difference would be that natsu's element is not solid and thus would not allow him to make solid scales.

Marche
June 27, 2012, 02:47 PM
I believe that if Orga is really a Goodslayer, I believe that there is a lacryma in his body just liike for Luxus.

kkck
June 27, 2012, 04:44 PM
The idea of god slayer lachrima is actually interesting. If we consider what cobra said about DS lachrima (there are no more dragons so we use lachrima or something) then perhaps lachrima would suggest gods are currently extinct. Of course, that would entail that all god slayers (with the exception of zancrow considering hades did succeed in getting knowledge of several lost magics) are lachrima users in turn. However, if this is the case then perhaps it would be reasonable to expect GS lachrima to cause a more noticeable god transformation as is the case with DS lachrima. Or else we could infer that gods are actually humanoid in appearance thus not causing said transformation.

Xguard
June 27, 2012, 08:22 PM
Wendy will EAT god wind! And release Dragon God Brilliant Wind! ^o^

I thought this is the time to prove Wendy's fighting's spirit. Even though she has disadvantage, she should do everything to gain the victory. She must prove her TENACITY inside her for Fairy Tail's victory! (just like Tenacity towards martial arts in HSDK)

RaveDragon
June 28, 2012, 09:10 AM
Wendy will EAT god wind! And release Dragon God Brilliant Wind! ^o^

I thought this is the time to prove Wendy's fighting's spirit. Even though she has disadvantage, she should do everything to gain the victory. She must prove her TENACITY inside her for Fairy Tail's victory! (just like Tenacity towards martial arts in HSDK)

Well she could use that to power up and be able to use Milkyway, dont want it to be exactly like Natsu's fight though :/

REN KOUEN
June 28, 2012, 10:22 AM
i hope wendy pulls it off, but things dont look good for her, it would take some major ass-pull FT hax for her to win

i have a feeling she will be near death and mystogan will have to step in

Zsych
June 29, 2012, 03:55 AM
Lost magic or not, there is no inherent reason why Dragonslayers would be better than anyone. Max with his Gaara thing would've beat Natsu if not for Natsu having learned the lightning attack and now having a power-up from Ultear (someone taught Lost Magic by Hades)

If Natsu weren't the protagonist pulling out luck, Zancrow would have killed him.

Edit: Watching the anime again and seeing Zeref meet Natsu. Natsu asks Zeref "Who are you?" and Zeref has tears in his eyes. It looked like an "I am your father" moment.

Natsu and Gajeel did have trouble getting through Fried's age barrier. Children sent into the future for safety... or perhaps given into the care of dragons who lived in another world kinda like where the spirits dwell and time moves slower.