PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 290 Discussion/ 291 Predicitons

ghostexiled
June 29, 2012, 11:50 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

kazerua
July 06, 2012, 08:44 AM
hey guys here's the RAW
http://mangateers.com/manga/fairy-tail-raw/290/

sarutobi_sensei
July 06, 2012, 09:00 AM
So 4 more days for something huge to happen. Wanna bet that some dragon will appear at the end of the day?

So Gerard was found out, but what did the old man say to make the council members let him go.

And that was the girl from Saber Tooth right at the final page?

RaveDragon
July 06, 2012, 09:10 AM
The 7th will soon be upon us! it's cool day the days of the tournament coincide with the actual date (like 4th day is 4th july etc)

Yukino helping evil knight i did not expect but she did seem keen to unite all the celestial keys, and whatever jellal did to kagura must be big unless we'll be trolled and it was actually mystogan who did it.

kkck
July 06, 2012, 09:20 AM
I think yukino joined the military because she had nothing else to do. I mean, without a guild she is just an unemployed mage. A weird twist of fate basically. I doubt it would have been the actual mistgun who did something to kagura.

lionheart555
July 06, 2012, 09:24 AM
It seems to me that nobody did anything to Kagura, just that she was so affected upon seeing Jellal that she had a temporary breakdown. Maybe from just the mental shock of it. Happens sometimes I guess.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 06, 2012, 09:31 AM
The spoilers look promising, hope we will get the chapter soon.

Seems that the old man said that it isn't Gerard, but Mystogan who is his twin from Edoras.:) Still, it's just a wild guess, but otherwise how could he be let roam if otherwise?

Makarov talking with Luxus and Mavis crying... seems interesting.:)

The end of the chapter seems interesting. Either Yukino joined military out of hopelesness or she was with them from the begining and it was a part of the plan.

pongy
July 06, 2012, 09:35 AM
With my little Japanese knowledge, the old man Yajima helped Jellal by telling Laharl and Doranbalt he was Mystogan, another same-face person with Jellal from Edolas. They didn't buy it 100% though. And the last page is indeed Yukino Aguria. I wonder what's up with that.

JunKisaragi
July 06, 2012, 09:39 AM
Now all the knight needs is to wait for 4 more days to have Yukino sacrificed. But if all the keys must be collected first, then Lucy is still in big trouble. Hmm...

It looks like Mavis is sharing that "dark secret" and as it turns out, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Wish the scanlated copies would come out now.

Ifrit
July 06, 2012, 09:42 AM
For a moment there, I thought Kagura is gonna attack Gerard. About what the old guy told the council members, I believe he used the Edolas story to explain.

Yukino joins the knights sound like planned, by that knight guy who is planing on open the door to the apocalypse . I'm pretty sure we will get the reason how Lucy mom died when Lucy meet that knight.

I thought Mavis was explaining whats in the basement for Makarvo n Laxus, but from the panels seems like it turned into a troll scene.

1337 haxor
July 06, 2012, 09:43 AM
Things happened the way I predicted.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/239/JUST_AS_PLANNED.jpg

Jellal was caught but somebody (I tought it would be Erza but the cooker is OK) told the authorities the fact Mystogan looked exactly like Jellal (which is true) and they bought it (using the truth to tell a lie makes Jack Sparrow proud).

I also predicted Milliana would catch a glimpse of him, Kagura saw first but it still counts, and that would lead to both girls and possibly their entire guild coming after Jellal.

Another prediction confirmed is that Lumen Histoire has something to do with Mavis dark past, it's not clear for the moment but it is something she really regrets to have done.

The last part shows that Arcadios is placing his bets on Yukino to open the gates since he probably seized her explusion of ST to recruit her for the military.

Still, I think Yukino is being used by Mashima as a bait so that we get shocked when Lucy takes the bullet.

TauCarlos
July 06, 2012, 09:44 AM
Is Mavis really dead? Her behavior even for a magical projection or spirit is really unusual. Starting with using the bathroom, not being able to see through the RT illusion and now this crying? Too many things point at her being anything but dead

lawlett-kun
July 06, 2012, 09:54 AM
not sure what mavis is but i think more of an illusion, similiar to how minato appeared to naruto or kushina.I think she will exist as long as the guild exists.
On to the spoiler very interesting at the same time boring.The biggest thing happened is Yukino joinin military lol. Dont even need a scanlation everythkng is clear pretty much.

longguilol1
July 06, 2012, 09:58 AM
LOL at Kagura, I totally saw that coming from the last chapter. Now the real Kagura vs. Erza vs. Jellal vs. Millianna ****'s going down :awesome:

Aw, Mavis crying? Didn't see that one coming. Looks like a transition chapter, with the guild back to their usual fun antics with an extra Elfman x Evergreen thrown in.

Yukino had to be involved sooner or later.. She still has the two keys.

kkck
July 06, 2012, 10:11 AM
So.... elfman is about to get some? Considering he is not actually dying and thus there is no reason for evergreen to be there then there is no other logical conclusion. Elfman is about to become a man lol.

Anyways, I also can't help but wonder what mavis is crying about. Perhaps about ivan? I think she is dead and a ghost though. I don't think there is anything weird about her behavior in that regard. I do wonder what her purpose ultimately is.

DQ13
July 06, 2012, 10:16 AM
Anyways, I also can't help but wonder what mavis is crying about. Perhaps about ivan? I think she is dead and a ghost though. I don't think there is anything weird about her behavior in that regard. I do wonder what her purpose ultimately is.

She was upset that the person she chose as the Second Master became evil and wondered if she made the wrong choice.

Ero-Sanji
July 06, 2012, 10:27 AM
The thing I found the most interesting was the pumpkin dude having a real face. I really didn't think that the pumpkin was just a mask.

El Maco
July 06, 2012, 10:28 AM
It's not so easy to read from those tiny raws, but when she saw Purehito falling to the dark side, something something about becoming known as frivilous and she brings misfortune.

Also, Lumen Etoile is not a dark thing but "our guild's light" instead.

I think I'd better wait for the scanlation as well, haha.

FrostyMouse
July 06, 2012, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I'm waiting for the scan before I make a real opinion on this. Dialogue can change a chapter so much.

kkck
July 06, 2012, 10:38 AM
The thing I found the most interesting was the pumpkin dude having a real face. I really didn't think that the pumpkin was just a mask.
Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing. Odds are he is a powerful evil mage.

1337 haxor
July 06, 2012, 10:44 AM
It's not so easy to read from those tiny raws, but when she saw Purehito falling to the dark side, something something about becoming known as frivilous and she brings misfortune.

Also, Lumen Etoile is not a dark thing but "our guild's light" instead.

I think I'd better wait for the scanlation as well, haha.

I thinks that's because Lumen Histoire is a seal, Mavis has a dark past that had to be sealed for Fairy Tail to be founded.

If Lumen Histoire were stolen or destroyed then Mavis dark magic would bring ruin to the guild.

Think like if (completely absurd example) the founding fathers of USA had made a pact with the devil for the country to gain independence, they did it for the greater good but if shit hits the fan and Satan shows up on the White House it will be hard to keep the nation from freaking out.

BlackHair
July 06, 2012, 11:06 AM
Chapter is out on teers (http://mangateers.com/manga/fairy-tail/290/1/).

Two important parts in this chapter were lacking a proper end. The Lumiere conversation and the Jellal vs council confrontation. Both felt just like a tease, I wish the author had invested more. But I guess Mashima is still building the story. As for the rest of the chapter, none of that was of any interest for me.

kkck
July 06, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hmmm, I am getting more curious about lumen histoire. Wonder why there are so many divided opinions on the matter. I guess if it holds information about the past as the name would suggest then it could go either way. Purehito and ivan would see it as darkness but more possitive people would see the past as something to build upon.

As for the title of the chapter, naval battle, It seems like it is going to be interesting. I wonder just who will participate though. In FT the best option for an aquatic fight would be lucy thanks to aquarius. She hasn't gone to an event battle yet to it kinda makes sense. jubia already went to an event so not sure about who would go from FT B. Gajeel and cana were already there so that leaves laxus and mira. Either opponent would be hard for her. I can't imagine wendy in an event for that matter, perhaps the last one will be a double battle and she takes a support role. This would perhaps set the stage for laxus and orga to have a match.

THM Nindo
July 06, 2012, 11:29 AM
I don't think Yukino was on it from the beginning.
Arcadios seemed legitimately surprised when he saw that she was a celestial mage, didn't he?

Most likely, he heard that she was kicked out of the guild and he recruited her.
Or, he brainwashed her somehow...

R3D
July 06, 2012, 11:43 AM
This chapter is like a calm before the storm , next chapter title is naval battle , so im guessing its juvias battle ? cant wait for natsu vs sting though

Jorge D. Dragon
July 06, 2012, 11:44 AM
So even though oldman protected Gerard he knew everything... And he was still a bit mad on him. Did they actually have a telepathy talk or was it just them thinking for themselves? And of course Lahar-kun didn't nuy this...
About Kagura... well, I don't think it would be that interesting to hear her story about what Gerard had done to her in the past. Just don't know, why Mashima continues this. I believe it would be better to see some other things than to see some girls seeking revenge.

It seems that the next day will show us something interesting. Don't know how it will be held, but naval battle should be great. Still Sting said that he thinks he will fight Natsu tomorrow, but how might they participate in such a battle as they can't hold themselves in transport.:) Still, I'm really waiting for this fight as Natsu needs to teach Sting good maners, but Sting also should show how strong he is and what DS powers does he have.;)

And of course it would have been interesting to see Pumpkin guy's real face.:) I think he might be with that Zeref-obsessed army guy.:)
So, if we know that we have only three days before 7th July (the fated day), then it won't take long, but I hope the tournament will show us tons of interesting things.:)

P.S. Going by Levi's manner of speaking at the end of the chapter, it seems that she records the story and adresses it to Lucy. The thing is why? Will Lucy dissapear somewhere? Or something will happen to Levi and thus this story is like a memento?

lionheart555
July 06, 2012, 11:47 AM
Naval battle. Somehow I see a pirate theme coming along. Maybe they will be on mini boats on a water field trying to sink one another. Using their powers and such. Cannons anyone? Lol

I'm looking forward to this foreshadowed fight between Sting and Natsu. If anything else, I just want to see Sting eat some dirt.

On Yukino, from the mangateers translation it seems she is asking to join the military. From the second to last set of panels, it's not 100% clear but it appears she is not talking to Arcadios so I don't think it's safe to assume he did anything to influence her decision to join the military. In fact, she even asks for the Sgt whereas Arcadios is the Chief of the entire squadron of knights.

Uriel
July 06, 2012, 11:49 AM
I really like how things are developing. Many players, many things to happen and one big momentum that will be the link between everything. Damn, if Mashima pulls this out it will be EPIC.

And Yukino belongs to the council, not Arcadios who answers directly to the kingdom (And Zeref)

1337 haxor
July 06, 2012, 11:56 AM
I don't think Yukino was on it from the beginning.
Arcadios seemed legitimately surprised when he saw that she was a celestial mage, didn't he?

Most likely, he heard that she was kicked out of the guild and he recruited her.
Or, he brainwashed her somehow...

The way it looks seems she just got into the military without any idea of what is going to happen, I mean, imagine you just got kicked out of your job in a humiliating fashion and the government appears offering you a well paid salary on an important post, would you say no?

She probably took the opportunity as a blessing and is now going to question why they picked her up.

Changing subjects, there will be a tag battle in the fourth day so my predictions are:

Gajeel+Juvia vs Rogue+Minerva
Natsu+Gray vs Sting+Rufus (he will fight twice because Yukino was expelled)
The rest is not important

As for the event, Lucy will most likely be the the one from FT A whereas either Mirajane or Mystogan will go for FT B.

RaveDragon
July 06, 2012, 12:19 PM
It was a good chapter after all, mystogan is bye bye and now he's in danger due to kagura and milliana knowing about him and the council not being fooled which gets it somewhat exciting, naval battle makes me think of aquarius and juvia, i bet kagura will participate as jellal whose most versatile with magic will. i don't know what will happen in day 5 but i thik shit will get real then so that might cancel the tournament.

Lumen histoire and mavis are still fishy.

levy narrating again makes me think lucy will be out of commission for some chapters after this arc who knows maybe she gets hurt or falls ill due to shock of whatever happens.

Impossibility
July 06, 2012, 12:46 PM
OK, Kagura seems completely insane and very suspect. She has some serious issues to work out. It seems like the conflict between Mermaid Heel and Fairy tail is on its way, it was only a matter of time. Yukino seems to have unwittingly offered up herself on a platter, rather unfortunate for her. I don't get the council members' decision to simply allow Jellal to walk away, considering they clearly know his identity. It seems as though the tension around the games is only increasing. I have no clue as to what's going to happen, can't wait to see.

SerpentTailedAngel
July 06, 2012, 12:48 PM
I think next arc is probably going to be a rescue arc for Lucy.

When I first saw Sting predicting he'd fight Natsu I was a little surprised he was going before the 5th day, but then I realized tag battles were day 4. I want to say he'll end up with Rogue, but Minerva is also a possibility since she hasn't fought either. If Mashima can't find an excuse to pair Natsu with Gajeel then I don't think a Gajeel/Rogue battle will happen at all (or maybe it will, but he'll troll us and do it at the expense of Sting/Natsu)

No Jellal/Erza/Milliana/Kagura either, since Erza's the only one not to fight yet. Not to mention that's mixing teams again. All the really epic fights are ruined by the ideal FT partners being on different teams. Hopefully we'll at least see who the bunny is. I'm almost hoping it's the real Mystogan.

kkck
July 06, 2012, 01:02 PM
Anyone else thinks levi is going to die this arc? It is too weird to have her as a narrator and the context in which she is always remembering stuff is kinda weird.

Newkerzy
July 06, 2012, 01:15 PM
That. Will drive Gajeel on a roaring rampage of epic proportions that Natsu can barely stop.

crimsonlink310
July 06, 2012, 01:18 PM
Ok so the next contest is a Naval Battle unless Mashima is going to skip the contest and go straight to a tag battle.

Anyways Kagura is a ticking timebomb. She will probably delay Erza and Jellal when the event Levy talks about comes up involving Lucy. Really looking forward to how this all plays out.

Sollum
July 06, 2012, 01:19 PM
http://i998.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/290/fairy-tail-3433247.jpg
3td row 6th column

I keep thinking whats the point of showing pumpkin dude without a mask on his head...
Anyone has any ideas?

zerocooldx
July 06, 2012, 01:27 PM
Hmm i just want to know who Pumpkin-man is. Him being shown on the page with all the big players seems to have been a bit of foreshadowing.

Krono
July 06, 2012, 01:40 PM
http://i998.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/290/fairy-tail-3433247.jpg
3td row 6th column

I keep thinking whats the point of showing pumpkin dude without a mask on his head...
Anyone has any ideas?

Well, before, as far as we knew, that was his actual head. Now we know it isn't. Plus he seemed unhappy that Fairy Tail did so well. So it's probably supposed to indicate that he's not who he appears to be, and has some ill will towards Fairy Tail.

zerocooldx
July 06, 2012, 01:46 PM
It was a good chapter after all, mystogan is bye bye and now he's in danger due to kagura and milliana knowing about him and the council not being fooled which gets it somewhat exciting.

I think Jellal's main focus besides searching for Zeref is atoning for his past actions, and one way to go about that is to not cause more trouble. Otherwise I highly doubt that Kagura or the Magic Council or for that fact anyone participating in the Magic Games could do a single thing to him if a real battle broke out. Him and Jura being paired up in a battle seems to have been done mainly to give us a glimpse into where Jella is ranked in terms of power after seven years. The only thing the Magic Council can do is keep an eye on him, either that or call in an army and attempt to arrest him.

longguilol1
July 06, 2012, 01:53 PM
I laughed when Gray somehow lost all of clothing when barrel surfing, also, loved the small NaLi moment.

I wonder if Mashima decides to bring in the team that finished 9th in the preliminary competition to even the number of teams for the 4th day.

And poor Jellal, seems like nothing ever goes right for him XD

halfcrzy
July 06, 2012, 02:11 PM
Hmm i just want to know who Pumpkin-man is. Him being shown on the page with all the big players seems to have been a bit of foreshadowing.

Totally what i was thinking too, "Mystogun" felt the presence of zerif on the battlefield and assumed it was the girl wendy fought.. but pumpkin man was also on the battlefield too. And when the battle was over, the pumpkin left and mystogun followed him. Coincidence? Not to mention he seems way to optomistic, thats always a sign of a secret villain lol

El Maco
July 06, 2012, 03:32 PM
Some minor observations:

From the "Day 3 Standings", the earlier points from the battles with members of RT are not discarded and Mashima has at least kept that simple.

From Ch289 http://mangateers.com/manga/fairy-tail/289/17/, the "Zeref" that Gerard was following was a guy of normal size. Maybe pumpkin guy has transformation magic, maybe they're both entirely new persons who are also keeping an eye on things.

Mermaid's Heel now thinks FT is protecting Gerard. Nice setup for a big conflict!

It there's a naval battle of sorts, the dragon slayers will be useless.

Wasn't Kana supposed to comfort Hibiki and baby him?
Juvia is a basket case. :^_^

A Lurker
July 06, 2012, 03:32 PM
It has already been said that Mato was wearing a costume.

Gray was the one who brought the topic in the first day: http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v32/c269/9.html

And Eve and Beth praised Mato for his work on the costume:
http://mangafox.me/manga/fairy_tail/v32/c269/9.html

I wouldn't give much importance to that panel where we see his legs and pumpkin mask. The whole later part of the chapter is just about showing how various characters are doing at the end of the day. After a day work day, Mato comes home and takes off his uniform. I don't think there is any deeper meaning to this.

== Crazy theory alert ==

Mystogan (the true one, the prince Jellal of Edolas) fell in love for each other. But he, remembering that he didn't belong to this world, concluded that is was not right to countinue that relationship and left her without a word. Later, Kagura got news about Jellal's crimes and prision break. Due to this misunderstanding and her broken heart, she swore not to unsheathe her sword until she gets her revenge upon him.

This would explain her reaction, why Mashima made us know her heart was beating faster and why she didn't just go into Rage mode like Miliana.

SlayerKisame
July 06, 2012, 03:52 PM
I can live with this week's chapter. I liked it, didn't love it though. So, it looks like Natsu vs. Sting is confirmed (Mashima spoiled some fights in the back of volume 32 and he wrote this pair down) but there's a tag match for the next day instead of a 1v1.

How will tag match teams work? Will they be two people from each team or one person from two different teams? It would be pretty cool to see Natsu/Gajeel vs. Sting/Rogue.

Also, for those of you who want to review the GMG thus far, the guys at wikia did a really beautiful job here. http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Magic_Games/X791

kkck
July 06, 2012, 04:15 PM
Seeing the pumpkin guy like that got me to think of the vacation day he took.... Why would the mascot have a vacation day if the event takes place once a year? It makes no sense. Considering all of this IMO it is very likely he is a big shot who had something important to do. Perhaps his mere presence there is doing something zeref related.

chess4
July 06, 2012, 10:39 PM
i think matto is a big player. There was some informtion that mishima gave out in n interview
wendy vs the lil girl she fought last chapter
sting vs natsu
grey vs the dude from sabertooth with the zoro hat on
laxus vs the black thunder guy
he hinted at gellal being killed
he said that lucy would bow before zeref
charle would do bad things to wendy
he said that the captain guy from this arc has a spy within fairy tail
he also said sorry if we like.,.............and he left the name out.
he also said that the story would develop greatly in this arc.

i cant find the interview but it was from a interview he did this year and its legit. there was a script also.

mishima is brilliant writer

Krono
July 07, 2012, 12:14 AM
i think matto is a big player. There was some informtion that mishima gave out in n interview
wendy vs the lil girl she fought last chapter
sting vs natsu
grey vs the dude from sabertooth with the zoro hat on
laxus vs the black thunder guy
he hinted at gellal being killed
he said that lucy would bow before zeref
charle would do bad things to wendy
he said that the captain guy from this arc has a spy within fairy tail
he also said sorry if we like.,.............and he left the name out.
he also said that the story would develop greatly in this arc.

i cant find the interview but it was from a interview he did this year and its legit. there was a script also.

mishima is brilliant writer

That wasn't an interview, it was preliminary notes for the arc that the put at the start of volume 32. And the "he said that the captain guy from this arc has a spy within fairy tail" isn't actually supported by the notes. It seems to have cropped up in the transition from Chinese to English.

dark angel KaRamo
July 07, 2012, 01:22 AM
what if was the jellal from Edolas ooh did something to kagura and not the jellal from earth land now that would be a twist, but why did she breakdown i thought she was going to charge after him like (jellaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll and attack him and millianna didn't do anything ether i bet she going to confront erza about this tho)
the conceal is not letting jellal get away there still going after him just not yet, yeah that punkin face guy just ho is he in the manga i say his face on the ground and him standing next to it, and did yukino give Lucy just to get her ready for that guys plan i really don't think so cause he seemed shocked when he knew there was another Celestial Spirit wizard in the tournament i wonder what she up to

---------- Post added at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

That wasn't an interview, it was preliminary notes for the arc that the put at the start of volume 32. And the "he said that the captain guy from this arc has a spy within fairy tail" isn't actually supported by the notes. It seems to have cropped up in the transition from Chinese to English.

so who may the spy be

masgrande
July 07, 2012, 02:39 AM
It doesn't look like Yukino is going to talk to Arcadios since the uniform for his soldiers is different, still I really hope her talk with Lucy and Natsu wasn't some sort of trap. Right now things are starting to look bad for Fairy Tail since they got the Rune Knights, Arcadios and Mermaid Heel going after them and their teams are still not number one.

TitaniumOxide
July 07, 2012, 06:32 AM
Wow Sting and Natsu fighting already? I didn't expect it to be so soon. About Yukino, I think she may or may not be working for arcadios. Her uniform may be different but who said everyone has to wear the same uniform? If her talking to Lucy and Natsu in that one scene and giving her keys away was a hoax to lure them into a trap then this is surely a twist but I think not because Mashima wouldn't have given her all those panels with that sincere look on her face and the one where she is thinking of Natsu for no reason. Now that I think about it there is actually no way she is working for Arcadios. He didn't even know who she was and was surprised that there was another stellar spirit mage in the tourneys. Hmm maybe she is actually reporting to Rune Knights...

dragons4life
July 07, 2012, 11:38 AM
thumbs up if you want Natsu to beat Sting's ass

also i thought it was obvious that jellal would get found out, that was given on the first day. And the pumpkin guy Mato is hiding something:notsure

But the fight I'm most looking forward to i Natsu vs Sting:super

RaveDragon
July 07, 2012, 01:15 PM

Raven tail not fairy tail i read =/

lawlett-kun
July 07, 2012, 01:19 PM

that would make much more sense haha

Krono
July 07, 2012, 02:51 PM

Yes, and that's not supported by the preliminary notes either.

Buggy
July 07, 2012, 05:10 PM
Yukino couldn't possibly be working for Arcadios since he was surprised when he discovered she had been a stellar spirit mage. He never knew about her beforehand. Don't forget that her life belongs to Kagura, so it's possible she is on a mission for Kagura, maybe working to catch Jelal.

REN KOUEN
July 07, 2012, 05:59 PM
i hope jellal can avoid being locked up again, i really hope we get to see an erza vs kagura fight over the life of jellal, i realize that this will also alienate erza from milliana but what an epic fight it would be, erza vs kagura would a dream match up for us readers, or at least it has potential to be

i wonder who is wearing that pumpkin mask....has to be someone pretty small , like a cat

Marche
July 08, 2012, 01:35 PM
The title for the next chapter is Naval battle.
I believe that this game will be similar to that of the naval battle game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_(game), with something different, just like the first contest was similar to that of “hide and sick”.
I believe that what would change is that the partecipants will be on the battleship (that I believe will be battleships virtuals (it will be created with the magic, just like the buildings of the city or the clones in the first game or the monsters in the third), just like in the battlefield (while in the classic game they are out of the battlefield).
Another think that would change, even because otherwise the only important factor would be the luck, is that the battlefield of the enemy will not be hidden.

There is the possibilies that just as for the first contest we will have some clones of the battleships (obviously even for the partecipants, even because would be useless empty battleships).
Perhaps even the system of points will be like that of the first contest, so for each time that you sink an enemies battleship will gain 1 point, while you will lose 1 point for each time that your ship sink.
Then when your ship will sink you will have another ship and that ship will be placed in a different location (just like how happened in the first contest to those who lost the point).
I would only prefer the second thing, the thing about the system of points, while I hope that there will not be any clones.

Regarding the partecipants I believe that for Fairy Tail team A will participate Lucy, with her stellar spirit, with the chance to use Acquarius.
For Sabertooth I believe that will go Minerva, I think this because Sting and Rogue will not participate since there are not neither Luxus or Gazile (without even considering their motion sickness), while Rufus and Orga since they both have fight and participated to a contest.
Blue Pegaus could use the Bunny suit if it’s Kageyama or Hibiki, I would like to see his strategy.
For Quatro Puppy it’s not important, while for Lamia Scale Chellia (with her wind attack she could attack from distance), even I would like more Sherry as a substitute member.
Infact she could control object or stellar spirit, perhaps even Acquarius.

Now for Fairy Tail team B could be difficult.
Every member has already participated to at least one contest or to a battle.
Gazille and Luxus will not participate for their motion sickness, I think that neither Mira or Cana.
For this reason the only options would be one between Lluvia and Mistgun/Gerard.
Even if Lluvia already participated there is not anything that suggest that she can’t participate to another contest, beside by the reaction of Sting and Gazille in chapter 284 makes me think that there is not a limit to it.
Gerard could participate (he would be switched with Cana).
He could do if he will believe that the council really believed to what Yajima said, even because he did not know about Kagura.

For Mermaid Hell could go one between Arania Web or Beth Vanderwood if for Fairy Taill team B will go Lluvia, or Kagura if will go Gerard.
I would prefer it this matter between Kagura and Gerard will be finished after the tournament, but if Kagura will participate to the contest she would be surely attack only Gerard, in this case (perhaps she could even unsleash her sword) Erza could understand that he was discovered, then she could go to Milliana and says the same excuse of Yajima to the council.
Or perhaps even Yajima himself could say it, if Gerard will lose his mask.

Edelheld
July 08, 2012, 02:27 PM
Seeing the pumpkin guy like that got me to think of the vacation day he took.... Why would the mascot have a vacation day if the event takes place once a year? It makes no sense. Considering all of this IMO it is very likely he is a big shot who had something important to do. Perhaps his mere presence there is doing something zeref related.
I think that mascot job is not for full year, it's like Santa Claus thing. So that's just off time job for him. And he took a day off when his main job demanded it and returned to be your casual Joe the Plumber or something =) You know, that Pumpkin dude still needs to feed his little pumpkins and Mrs. Pumpkin :hee

1337 haxor
July 08, 2012, 05:16 PM
People are saying that Arcadior or Zeref had a spy within Raven Tail (or was it Fairy Tail), is that true?

If so, could that be the imp guy Obra who got away?

Marche
July 09, 2012, 12:15 AM
People are saying that Arcadior or Zeref had a spy within Raven Tail (or was it Fairy Tail), is that true?

If so, could that be the imp guy Obra who got away?Yeah, most likely it's him.
Anyways I want to know some opinion of what I wrote above.

Krono
July 09, 2012, 12:43 AM

As I said above, no it isn't true.

RaveDragon
July 09, 2012, 12:28 PM
The title for the next chapter is Naval battle.
I believe that this game will be similar to that of the naval battle game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_(game), with something different, just like the first contest was similar to that of “hide and sick”.
I believe that what would change is that the partecipants will be on the battleship (that I believe will be battleships virtuals (it will be created with the magic, just like the buildings of the city or the clones in the first game or the monsters in the third), just like in the battlefield (while in the classic game they are out of the battlefield).
Another think that would change, even because otherwise the only important factor would be the luck, is that the battlefield of the enemy will not be hidden.

There is the possibilies that just as for the first contest we will have some clones of the battleships (obviously even for the partecipants, even because would be useless empty battleships).
Perhaps even the system of points will be like that of the first contest, so for each time that you sink an enemies battleship will gain 1 point, while you will lose 1 point for each time that your ship sink.
Then when your ship will sink you will have another ship and that ship will be placed in a different location (just like how happened in the first contest to those who lost the point).
I would only prefer the second thing, the thing about the system of points, while I hope that there will not be any clones.

Regarding the partecipants I believe that for Fairy Tail team A will participate Lucy, with her stellar spirit, with the chance to use Acquarius.
For Sabertooth I believe that will go Minerva, I think this because Sting and Rogue will not participate since there are not neither Luxus or Gazile (without even considering their motion sickness), while Rufus and Orga since they both have fight and participated to a contest.
Blue Pegaus could use the Bunny suit if it’s Kageyama or Hibiki, I would like to see his strategy.
For Quatro Puppy it’s not important, while for Lamia Scale Chellia (with her wind attack she could attack from distance), even I would like more Sherry as a substitute member.
Infact she could control object or stellar spirit, perhaps even Acquarius.

Now for Fairy Tail team B could be difficult.
Every member has already participated to at least one contest or to a battle.
Gazille and Luxus will not participate for their motion sickness, I think that neither Mira or Cana.
For this reason the only options would be one between Lluvia and Mistgun/Gerard.
Even if Lluvia already participated there is not anything that suggest that she can’t participate to another contest, beside by the reaction of Sting and Gazille in chapter 284 makes me think that there is not a limit to it.
Gerard could participate (he would be switched with Cana).
He could do if he will believe that the council really believed to what Yajima said, even because he did not know about Kagura.

For Mermaid Hell could go one between Arania Web or Beth Vanderwood if for Fairy Taill team B will go Lluvia, or Kagura if will go Gerard.
I would prefer it this matter between Kagura and Gerard will be finished after the tournament, but if Kagura will participate to the contest she would be surely attack only Gerard, in this case (perhaps she could even unsleash her sword) Erza could understand that he was discovered, then she could go to Milliana and says the same excuse of Yajima to the council.
Or perhaps even Yajima himself could say it, if Gerard will lose his mask.

I do like the idea of using the concept of the board game battle ship it would require some brains and could be a fantastic event if done on water with real ships and such and you're on the 'big' ship and if they sink your ship your ship or all your ships you lose but it could simply mean a battle royale on water or something involving water and floats or boats.

Personally i see Lucy (Aquarius) if not she'll come out the last day which also makes sense, rouge, kagura and mystogan participating, bunny for blue pegasus and since she's sherrys cousin maybe chelia. This could make it easier for lucy to get kidnapped if she's tired out after going with so many good mages.

It was raven tail. It was something mashima was toying with and he added as an extra in volume 32 (or so) but he obviously discarded it. They were interesting though.

Edelheld
July 09, 2012, 07:01 PM
I do like the idea of using the concept of the board game battle ship it would require some brains and could be a fantastic event ...
Oh, yeah, some brain game. Like that one on day 3, right? Which ended up in asspull win and sheer power level contest... :wall

Krono
July 10, 2012, 12:22 AM
It was raven tail. It was something mashima was toying with and he added as an extra in volume 32 (or so) but he obviously discarded it. They were interesting though.

I'll repeat, the preliminary notes make no mention of any spy in any guild. That information is flat out wrong.

Jorge D. Dragon
July 10, 2012, 11:13 AM
It would be really interesting to see what type of a battle are we going to have on the next day of the Tournament. Especially it matters for Dragonslayers as if we are going to have a classical Naval Battle on the ships, then they can't participate if they won't be aloud to use cats.:)

Hope to see Natsu vs Sting battle soon.:) As it was the battle I've really expected from the begining of the Arc.
Would be also interesting to see a battle between Luxus and Sabertooth's Master Genma, but according to the rules Masters can't participate and that's quite unfortunate.

lawlett-kun
July 10, 2012, 03:07 PM
It would be really interesting to see what type of a battle are we going to have on the next day of the Tournament. Especially it matters for Dragonslayers as if we are going to have a classical Naval Battle on the ships, then they can't participate if they won't be aloud to use cats.:)

Hope to see Natsu vs Sting battle soon.:) As it was the battle I've really expected from the begining of the Arc.
Would be also interesting to see a battle between Luxus and Sabertooth's Master Genma, but according to the rules Masters can't participate and that's quite unfortunate.

why natsu and genma?imo much much more interesting laxus vs ogra, or if you want genma i would actually wanna see if he can wipe the floor with ma-bou

kkck
July 10, 2012, 05:25 PM
I was wondering, what if rogue decides to participate this time around? Sting was reckless enough to participate in a battle which clearly he was not going to win so perhaps rogue can be just about as dumb to some extent? Even with aquarius that would make more sense than lucy (who I assume is going to participate next round) winning against minerva.

On that note, I wonder if enma ever had some sort of relationship with purehito. I mean, the guy suddenly has 5 powerful people join his guild? To boot we are talking about 2 DS, 1 GS, 1 guy who uses a weird memory make and minerva who uses a weird magic which apparently can easily block natsu's lightning flame magic? To boot, at least 3 are potential lost magics and the other 2 could as easily be so. It seems very similar to what hades was going for. Not sure why hades would give enma a number of lost magics though.

dragons4life
July 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
I think I figured out who Mato is. I think he is Sol of the element 4.
First off Sol always said non, non, non right and you can see on http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/269/9 (the very first panel) that Mato says non, non!:o

IAmMooojoJojo
July 10, 2012, 10:26 PM
I don't particularly think that Levy is going to die just because she's narrating. It may be that time gets distorted during the Lucy-rescue and Levy is writing from the future or Lucy loses her memories somehow.

Also, the man who is revealed to be wearing the pumpkin suit is short. You know who else is short? The King of Fiore. It's just a hunch.

zerocooldx
July 10, 2012, 10:37 PM
I don't particularly think that Levy is going to die just because she's narrating. It may be that time gets distorted during the Lucy-rescue and Levy is writing from the future or Lucy loses her memories somehow.

Why does someone have to die? We know that Arcadios wants to open a gate, well that means that there is a "place" that exists on the other side of said gate. So what if the reason that Levy is doing the narrating is because other members of FT end up going to the other side of that gate. Instead of allowing whatever is on the other side to come out what if they push it back and close the door behind them? I don't think it has to be something as dramatic as Levy dying just because shes narrating now.

SerpentTailedAngel
July 11, 2012, 07:03 PM

Also, the man who is revealed to be wearing the pumpkin suit is short. You know who else is short? The King of Fiore. It's just a hunch.

That could work. I think the one time we saw the king present was when pumpkin man was taking the day off. I thought the king was a bit chubbier, though

Jorge D. Dragon
July 12, 2012, 05:21 AM
lawlett-kun
I agree that Luxus against Orga might be interesting, but I really doubt that the guy who managed to take down the entire Raven Tail would loose to Orga. Especially since Luxus is currently the third strongest in FT after Makarov and Guildatrs.
About Natsu vs Genma... well, I believe that it might be interesting to see the extent of Natsu's power and it would be especially interesting after his battle against Sting as I believe Sting is weaker than Genma as Genma is Guildmaster and everyone in Sabertooth respects him and doesn't say a word against him.
About the possibility of a battle between Genma and Makarov... I don't think that Genma is stronger than Makarov, especially because if you remember Makarov is the member of 10 Wisard Saints and it seems that he is among the strongest. The same Jura, who was the weakest among them before timeskip was ways below Makarov before timeskip even according to Jura himself and after all these years he is only around Gildarts pre-timeskip level, but Makarov is obviously way stronger. Still as we know before all these Dragonslayers, Godslayers and the guy with the fancy hat joined Sabertooth it wasn't anything special. So I doubt Genma is actually that strong. I would say that even after Natsu's last power-up Makarov would still one-shot him and won't let him lay a finger on him, but actually Natsu managed to make quite an interesting performance against Genma and it was also after taking down quite a serious pack of Sabertooth weak wizards, but still it lowered his stamina and magical power.
Still, I believe it might be interesting to see a battle between Genma and Makarov. Not to death, but quite all-out to see all of their interesting magical abilities.:)