PDA

View Full Version : The Narrator

TitaniumOxide
July 07, 2012, 06:21 AM
Hey guys I'm sorry if this was discussed before but I ran a search but cannot find any mentioning of it so here it goes.

We all clearly know that Lucy was the person who was narrating the story in the beginning as shown here http://www.mangapanda.com/135-7118-1/fairy-tail/chapter-3.html.

She was even narrating here before the contest for Fairy Tail's next S ranked mage:
http://www.mangapanda.com/135-57514-19/fairy-tail/chapter-201.html
And she was still narrating right before the start of the grand tournaments as shown here
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/265/6

I've read a post from someone a while back somewhere about how Lucy must be alive to narrate the story while it is going on but can be dead and the narrative is simply taken from her journal. This is obviously not true because it seems that at some point she is no longer the narrative, it is as if she stopped writing in her journal.

The new person to narrate the story became Levi. http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/290/17 I am getting lazy so I couldn't find a earlier example but I think there is one.
So what does this mean? We all know about Charle's premonition about Lucy being in the middle of some kind of cataclysmic issue that will be coming up soon. We all also know that her visions usually don't come out the way they are made out to be... Now I am not saying Lucy will end up being dead because Levi is narrating now because the story has yet to cover so many other things such as the dragons, tartaros, and lumen histoire etc. It wouldn't make sense for one of the main characters to be dead before the last few chapters of the manga.

So here is a few things I thought up of. I will list them in the order of what I feel is improbable to probable.

1. Mashima is simply changing things up and letting someone else narrate for the hell of it.
2. Lucy dies and someone finds her journal and Levi is finishing it up for her.
3. Something really dramatic happens to Lucy and while she doesn't die she may be put to sleep/got kidnapped/trapped in another realm etc. and Levi decides to start her own journal recounting the past. When Lucy comes back/wakes up or recover from whatever it is that happens to her she will narrate the story again or do it with Levi.

Critiques? Agreements? Let me know down below! I am really interested in what everyone has to say about this matter.

exacta
July 07, 2012, 09:31 AM
I heavily doubt Mashima would kill Lucy. I think he really likes drawing her and she's also one of his best fanservice characters, not to mention he doesn't even have the balls to kill Makarov. I was thinking that Yukino would end up being sacrificed instead, but this recent chapter with her saluting some lieutenant guy is throwing me off. I'm not really sure how she will play out in this now. I'm guessing maybe what happens to Lucy will be witnessed by Levi or something.

Kauia
July 07, 2012, 03:47 PM
Lucy who used to narrate now Levi, I believe was done for tension, maybe so as to keep the suspense growing. I have doubts that something like that would happen to Lucy.

Charle's premonition had always something unnoticeable but her ability of prediction may have grown. That doesn't necessarily mean it would have some big part on how things may unravel since her prediction shows part of the whole thing but never a key for vital information.

Rarhyx
July 08, 2012, 07:28 AM
I have a feeling on july 7th lucy will disappear or something like that, the same thing that happened to her mother
and the next arcs main focus will be to find her

TitaniumOxide
July 08, 2012, 05:40 PM
I have a feeling on july 7th lucy will disappear or something like that, the same thing that happened to her mother
and the next arcs main focus will be to find her

This is why Levy is narrating at the moment. Really fits perfectly I think but I am not discounting other possibilities.

lawlett-kun
July 09, 2012, 03:13 AM
i hope lucy dissapears and maybe zeref brainwashes her or something.Really enjoyed seeing evil Lucy,when gemini shapeshifted into Lucy during Oracion Seis arc

RaveDragon
July 09, 2012, 12:51 PM
3. Something really dramatic happens to Lucy and while she doesn't die she may be put to sleep/got kidnapped/trapped in another realm etc. and Levi decides to start her own journal recounting the past. When Lucy comes back/wakes up or recover from whatever it is that happens to her she will narrate the story again or do it with Levi.

I agree with this, killing lucy off wouldnt be a good move and he wanted a lighthearted manga so maybe she falls ill due to whatever happens to her stressing her and we have a few chapters with the ft people trying to find the antidote or shes kidnapped by zeref xD (rofl jk)

sarutobi_sensei
July 09, 2012, 02:06 PM
The narrators are both Lucy and Levi. To me it's like their are recounting their old stories to someone, or exchanging cards.

I don't see Mashima killing Lucy, but I do see Lucy being absent from the guild for some time and during that time the narrator of what's going on in the guild is Levy.

That or Lucy's memory is wiped out.

Rarhyx
July 09, 2012, 02:19 PM
That or Lucy's memory is wiped out.

rave anyone? xD

RaveDragon
July 09, 2012, 02:20 PM
rave anyone? xD

what what?

Rarhyx
July 09, 2012, 02:25 PM
Did you read rave (mashima's previous manga) ?
If yes then you should know what I mean ^^'

RaveDragon
July 09, 2012, 02:29 PM
Did you read rave (mashima's previous manga) ?
If yes then you should know what I mean ^^'

OHHHH i get it, lucy would pull an ellie xD well probably for an arc or so till they get it back, i doubt he'd do that but there is a chance

Rarhyx
July 09, 2012, 02:34 PM
You never know what he will do (he's the best troll mangaka xD), some of the best examples:
Sieg's death
haru meeting his father for a couple of chapters just to see him dying before his eyes
ellie being very old
shiba going young again
cana being gildarts daughter
cana getting fairy glitter
ft defeating hades and his crew

no matter what will happen, I won't be surprised anymore by mashima xD

lawlett-kun
July 09, 2012, 02:42 PM
You never know what he will do (he's the best troll mangaka xD), some of the best examples:
Sieg's death
haru meeting his father for a couple of chapters just to see him dying before his eyes
ellie being very old
shiba going young again
cana being gildarts daughter
cana getting fairy glitter
ft defeating hades and his crew

no matter what will happen, I won't be surprised anymore by mashima xD

u forgot lisanna not being actually dead haha XD

ghostexiled
July 09, 2012, 10:05 PM
guys try to remember to not spoil other series... such as Rave.

There are some that have not read it and would not like to be spoiled.

Also, please remember to not post just one liner comments!

Thanks!

TitaniumOxide
July 09, 2012, 10:52 PM
rave anyone? xD

I actually started reading Rave Masters after I was well into Fairy Tail so I know exactly what you mean about Lucy getting some kind of dementia. Makes a lot of sense because Mashima does like to recycle his stuff. I mean reading the first few pages of Fairy Tail I was already like wtf wasn't this guy from Rave hehe (you'll know what I'm talking about if you read Rave Masters). But to be on topic, Lucy losing her memory and thus having Levy narrating is quite probable. I can't believe I didn't think of this one. Really though, I don't care if she disappears or loses her memory, either would be a great read. I don't know about you guys but I'd say Fairy Tail is really good rival to the big 3 (Better than Bleach and Naruto imho).

Kauia
July 10, 2012, 03:11 AM
Though Mashima likes to recycle parts of his work, I don't think he'll recycle too much of the plot. The nature will be similar in a sense but it's product of how it comes out should be different.

TitaniumOxide
July 15, 2012, 07:21 AM
So it looks like Minerva put Lucy in a coma and so that is why Levy had to narrate. I hope it is this simple.

Chris38
July 15, 2012, 07:35 AM
So it looks like Minerva put Lucy in a coma and so that is why Levy had to narrate. I hope it is this simple.

Well, that would probably be the case, if we would ignore what Carla described in her premonition, which in my opinion, occurs after Lucy's fight with Minerva, since in Carla's premonition from chapter 275, you could see that Lucy's body is covered with bruises.

So, I doubt that Levy's narration is caused by something as simple as Lucy being put into a coma by Minerva.

RaveDragon
July 15, 2012, 08:54 AM

I dont think so, it wouldnt be fun to have her wake in the 5th day since knight dude needs her, i'm thinking she's just really beaten up and she'll have an emotional tear up, lucy always knew she was weak but she never lost confidence i think this might make her lose it

THM Nindo
July 17, 2012, 10:16 PM
You know...
I'm thinking that Lucy might be used just like her mother was used 14 years ago.

And thus, just like her mother, she will disappear.
This would explain why Levy is the one narrating now.

And the next arcs would be about Natsu and the others trying to figure out what happened to Lucy.
And doing so, we will also learn what happened to Layla and possibly the dragons.