PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Kubo Tite - Health & Rankings

Darjaille
July 16, 2012, 01:58 AM
It might be interesting to say what you think of it, but it kind of disrupted the chapter prediction thread, so here we are.

Currently, is it plausible that Kubo takes the reactions of fans too much into his heart? His fragile health is nothing new, but a sudden illness after hundreds (thousands?) of enraged fans flood his twitter and I'm only guessing telephones of WSJ or something like that? I remember him saying (in an interview) that he wouldn't listen to fans anymore and would do only what he wants, but.. well hopefully not. I can imagine him being a little down after he makes this awesome (and yep, that's what I think, and many people agree, I think) arc and Bleach stays in the bottom (...well I do not understand that at all, but whatever...) of the rankings.

deadsuit
July 31, 2012, 02:11 AM
Heya, we got a info from a (confirmed) spoiler provider that Bleach is unexpectedly absent this week. No chapter now, and since this week is a double issue (Obon Week incoming), there won't be a magazine next week as well (though possible are earlier than usual spoilers, I expect them somewhen on August 13/14, maybe).

So.... Brace yourselves :scry

Ughhhhh For REAL??? geez thats super lame. Bleach is always on my mind right now, at work, driving, with my girl friend lol (obviously i wouldnt tell her that tho, it was bad enough trying to get her to watch Trigun with me). I'm lucky she loves me for me lol. I "came out" to a bunch of my coworkers, including the hot girls telling them last week on wednesday that "im in a bad mood, one of my favorite comic book characters just died!" i later told them it was a manga/anime. Don't think they expected ME of all people to be a manga reader lmao. Idc tho i think its hilarious that they know, i always joke around about it now.

Hakuteiken
July 31, 2012, 02:13 AM
Heya, we got a info from a (confirmed) spoiler provider that Bleach is unexpectedly absent this week. No chapter now, and since this week is a double issue (Obon Week incoming), there won't be a magazine next week as well (though possible are earlier than usual spoilers, I expect them somewhen on August 13/14, maybe).

So.... Brace yourselves :scry

Worst spoiler I've ever got.
Even worse than having watched the tail end of Ulquiorra's battle with Ichigo before even watching Ep.1!

crimsonlink310
July 31, 2012, 03:12 AM
:crying Why Kubo, Kubo why?

Seriously though, I hope Kubo is fine. The latest chapter makes me worry about his health considering the rabid fans all authors have and the pressure he is most likely under due to the low rankings Bleach has been getting recently.

I'm sure he will bounce back soon with an even more epic chapter. 503 should be a good color page comeback with a healthy dosage of Quincy pwnage and Shinigami counter attacks.

dopeycheese
July 31, 2012, 04:01 AM
Heya, we got a info from a (confirmed) spoiler provider that Bleach is unexpectedly absent this week.

Its because of those byakuya fangirls and fanboys hounding kubo, i hope he's safe :'O

devstauk
July 31, 2012, 04:30 AM
NOOOOOOOOO i need my bleach fix!!! damn those fanbitches and there hounding ways, Kubo you best of been on a weeks piss up and just out right couldnt be bothered to do bleach this week, i don't wanna hear that you missed it due to Fan disapproval of your scripting.... ITS YOUR MANGA YOU DO WHAT YOU LIKE WITH IT :mono

abyozuu
July 31, 2012, 05:56 AM
NOOOOOOOOO i need my bleach fix!!! damn those fanbitches and there hounding ways, Kubo you best of been on a weeks piss up and just out right couldnt be bothered to do bleach this week, i don't wanna hear that you missed it due to Fan disapproval of your scripting.... ITS YOUR MANGA YOU DO WHAT YOU LIKE WITH IT :mono

there is an easy fix for kubo. byakuya got sliced by hollow ichigo while he is in bankai second stage. during the exchange he received hollow powers, but the power laid dormant. then next chapter, the power will awaken due to excess guilt of not inability to protect the shinigami pride and beloved ones.byakuya's eyes changing is a sign of this.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

to protest byakuyas death, the fangirls/ fanboys filled kubo tite's house and office with cherry blossoms. due to overdose, tite got alergetic and had severe asthma trauma like ukitake.

eefrit
July 31, 2012, 09:25 AM
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Come on now, BLEACH has been on fire lately, I need to see more Shinigami slaying! Seriously though, I hope Kubo is alright.

Raizen
July 31, 2012, 10:07 AM
Kubo is obviously haunted by the ghost of byakuya's wife. Her anger has driven him insane!!

Bummer there is no chapter this week. Its the only thing i look forward to mid week :/. Naruto currently sucks in comparison.

I thought with the change in pace and the story flowing better like in ss that reviews would go up. Is bleach still doing poorly in rankings?! Wtf

kanamechidori
July 31, 2012, 10:36 AM
Are you sure that the guys right and it isn't a prank?

Has it been confirmed by a 2nd and 3rd person?

jaymizzo
July 31, 2012, 11:11 AM
I did say that Kubo was in for a rude awakening after what he did to Byakuya. Sometimes its best to not show your balls to the fangirls, because they will clip them and squash them.

If it is true about the ratings, then its not really a huge shock. This whole thing just makes it less likely that Hitsugaya is going to even be injured. The amount of fangirls (who are boys) he has... Is ridiculous.

Hope things get back to the way they are. I do hate that the Mangaka does not get the full freedom to write whatever the hell he wants without being bombarded by fans. I like Odas style better, less fan service (from what i have seen) and more of his own ideas without GAF about how people want his story to go.

The Newbie.
July 31, 2012, 12:44 PM
Japanese don't like quality, they like the same formula over and over again like they have for the past 30 years. That's why generic schoolgirl anime of the week sell more than quality works like Berserk or Vagabond. Bleach could become a literary masterpiece and it still wouldn't rank well without Hitsugaya taking the spotlight all the time.

clydu94
July 31, 2012, 01:30 PM
The rankings don't matter considering the sales of Bleach. The sales of the Volume 55 prove it.

It has enter the HxH category : Poor Rankings, Crazy sales.

Hope Kubo gets well soon. Next chapter the 15th August.

Schabrak
July 31, 2012, 02:23 PM
Japanese don't like quality, they like the same formula over and over again like they have for the past 30 years. That's why generic schoolgirl anime of the week sell more than quality works like Berserk or Vagabond. Bleach could become a literary masterpiece and it still wouldn't rank well without Hitsugaya taking the spotlight all the time.
Quality has nothing to do with the actual audience, the genre and topic of a series. The ranking isn't about quality, but enjoyment of the chapter, was it every different? People who vote != number of fans. HxH was at the bottom despite being loved and being great.

FetherMan
July 31, 2012, 03:29 PM
as expected of Bleach. whenever things get interesting, they pull this s**t. so glad, i have other titles to read like "One Piece" and "Silver Spoon".

p.s., this is what Kubo meant by keeping the manga going for ten years, by stalling chapter releases like this.

cloudo
July 31, 2012, 03:35 PM
So I read right on bleach asylum that Kubo is sick that's okay he didn't wanna give two chapters this week I guess w will see what happens in a couple Weeks just builds up anticipation for me. I haven't been this psyched since the deicide arc

Schabrak
July 31, 2012, 03:48 PM
as expected of Bleach. whenever things get interesting, they pull this s**t. so glad, i have other titles to read like "One Piece" and "Silver Spoon".

p.s., this is what Kubo meant by keeping the manga going for ten years, by stalling chapter releases like this.
"They" as in Kubo's immune system? Don't you dare to ever get ill or have some chronical illness. Stop spouting shit, inform yourself of the circumstances and than post. Nobody is forcing you to read pirated scan/translations, nor is there any need to name other manga you can read in the absence of Bleach, that has nothing to do with the content of the chapter or prediction of the next. It doesn't take more than a couple minutes to read a chapter, so there is no need for the outcry. The Hangout or agony thread, if there is one, is the way to go for that.

0Xellos
July 31, 2012, 04:18 PM
What the hell? First, people complain about good characters not dying. Then, when they die, they complain about them dying. Byakuya's death showed that even someone quite strong as him can be beaten, thus how grave the situation is. Also, it holds quite a symbolic meaning in that Byakuya died a similar death as many people that he killed.
On the other hand, this is good - some people stopped pretending to be fans of Bleach...

daman246
July 31, 2012, 08:10 PM
are you serious, i was excited for the next chapter and kubo goes and does this to me sigh, He better not make Byakuyas Death asspull and make him come back to life just because some stupid fans want him alive. You cant progress the story unless Good Guys die, I really Think Kubo should Move to Seinen, he can add more Blood and Write what ever he wants.

ThaGreatOne
August 01, 2012, 04:48 AM
posted by Delicious at NF

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s422/smn612/L9dtD.jpg

:3c hahahahhahaha

I'm loving this!! It's about time these "wars" got realistic. To be honest SS should have had casualties when fighting Aizen. This is long overdue. I hope kubo goes through with having byakuya die but I believe he will find another way to keep him alive because he fears the fanboys :-_-. I mean hiyori got cut in half and still survived so I wont believe he died until he's buried.

I can only hope that kubo has the courage necessary to kill off GODsugaya since he's protected him at all costs throughout the manga :teehee. C'mon kubo finish the job and send iceboy to his grave...it's PAST DUE :cheez

Nieuwsgierig
August 01, 2012, 04:48 AM
If it is true about the ratings, then its not really a huge shock. This whole thing just makes it less likely that Hitsugaya is going to even be injured. The amount of fangirls (who are boys) he has... Is ridiculous

He doesn't need to care anymore. He is finishing Bleach with this Arc, so his ratings just need to be good enough not to get canned too fast.

Schabrak
August 01, 2012, 04:52 AM
are you serious, i was excited for the next chapter and kubo goes and does this to me sigh, He better not make Byakuyas Death asspull and make him come back to life just because some stupid fans want him alive. You cant progress the story unless Good Guys die, I really Think Kubo should Move to Seinen, he can add more Blood and Write what ever he wants.
Be sure that he won't bring someone back from the dead just to please the shippers, it should be clear that he planed this beforehand with the fan response in mind. If anything it will be the editor that'll be able to change the it the plot to some degree. He isn't really dead until we see some medical shinigami examine his body. :P

No he won't move to a seinen magazine for the last arc, that would most likely be disastrous to his circulation numbers. WSJ shouldn't be the problem with bloody scenes.

Don Davido
August 01, 2012, 05:09 AM
No Bleach this week?! Fck. I can't get upset and break things.. :D

jaymizzo
August 01, 2012, 06:11 AM
Hope Kubo gets well soon :) I guess i can live 1/1.5 weeks without a Manga.

okaneman
August 01, 2012, 06:31 AM
I kinda understand why Kubo got sick. He's actually high on booze when writing Chap 502 and after released, he's like "dafuq, did I wrote this shit??" and he's been bashed/flammed/trolled/fcuked by fans/editor/haters/lovers... I bet he's been thinking (with booze at hand) how to make Byakkun come back alive after that massacre lol.. And I don't believe that Byakkun'll die from something like that..

matzik1212
August 01, 2012, 06:55 AM
Really fans are really scary . I mean i also don't wanna see Byakuya die but if Kubo sensei wants that so be it . It's his manga so he can kill whoever he pleases . I just hate people who are like that throwing tantrums all the time . It's no surprise Bleach went on a break for many weeks suddenly . After all Kubo is a human being, he's not a robot and won't give a damn about his fans . He's doing this for our entertainment and he's been giving us so many amazing things since the start of this manga that i find it really cruel how he's repaid just 'cause that's the way he wants things to be .

Oda also killed Ace a very important character but it's not like the world ended and the manga sucked . Those who complain like that and say mean things should just stop reading it , 'cause they are not true fans of Bleach .

Exodi
August 01, 2012, 08:26 AM
I can't believe some of the things people are saying here.
The man is sick, and they're STILL complaining. It's the most incredible thing I've ever seen.
Kubo could die, and people here would be like "That's what you get for killing Byakuya."

Anyway, I hope Kubo gets better so he can continue writing Bleach. Plain and simple.

NinjaStar
August 01, 2012, 08:28 AM
Not that im really complaining or anything but im confused...

When i get sick, which isn't often, im still able to function. I would stay home from work or school as more of a precaution to others rather than myself. Does Kubo have some sort of disease that flares up a few times a year that leaves him bedridden? Or is that just apart of the Asian culture to lay in bed all day if your sick? This is a genuine question.

Bromamura
August 01, 2012, 08:34 AM
What the hell? First, people complain about good characters not dying. Then, when they die, they complain about them dying. Byakuya's death showed that even someone quite strong as him can be beaten, thus how grave the situation is. Also, it holds quite a symbolic meaning in that Byakuya died a similar death as many people that he killed.
On the other hand, this is good - some people stopped pretending to be fans of Bleach...

Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

K H Reborn
August 01, 2012, 08:41 AM
Not that im really complaining or anything but im confused...

When i get sick, which isn't often, im still able to function. I would stay home from work or school as more of a precaution to others rather than myself. Does Kubo have some sort of disease that flares up a few times a year that leaves him bedridden? Or is that just apart of the Asian culture to lay in bed all day if your sick? This is a genuine question.

Last year I had a cold and I was barely able to move .So if he’s ill its probably something not dangerous yet tiresome.

Schabrak
August 01, 2012, 08:42 AM
When i get sick, which isn't often, im still able to function.
Than you haven't had a serious illness yet. Have fun working with something like Angina.

You can be sure that mangaka won't stop drawing for some common cold or something where they could work normally. There is a rumor that he suffer under pneumonia, so that can easily explain the absence. You have to consider assistents and the time pressure mangaka have to work with.

NinjaStar
August 01, 2012, 09:11 AM
Than you haven't had a serious illness yet. Have fun working with something like Angina.

You can be sure that mangaka won't stop drawing for some common cold or something where they could work normally. There is a rumor that he suffer under pneumonia, so that can easily explain the absence. You have to consider assistents and the time pressure mangaka have to work with.

No i haven't had a serious illness(which is why i said i have never even been seriously sick) so im still confused.
Kubo suffers from some "illness" at least once a year. It doesn't make any sense for it to just be an random occurrence when it happens this often. Sooo from what i know he is either suffering from some continuous ongoing disease or is just bedridden for the sake of being bedridden.

There is a lot of pressure yes but this job isn't the most stressful job in the world. Maybe its just that i don't actively pay attention to other people's health.

Schabrak
August 01, 2012, 09:36 AM
No i haven't had a serious illness(which is why i said i have never even been seriously sick) so im still confused.
Kubo suffers from some "illness" at least once a year. It doesn't make any sense for it to just be an random occurrence when it happens this often. Sooo from what i know he is either suffering from some continuous ongoing disease or is just bedridden for the sake of being bedridden.

There is a lot of pressure yes but this job isn't the most stressful job in the world.
It is one of the most stressful jobs in the world, working nearly nonstop with a minimum of sleep and free time, how could you think otherwise? Please make yourself familiar with their working condictions. If you don't deliver, you don't get payed and recieve the hate hundreds of thousands of fans. [I don't intend to compare it to some mineworkes in a third world country.]

Some people have a weak immune system, I suffer under that to some degree, so some illnesses can come up rather chronic.

NinjaStar
August 01, 2012, 09:49 AM
It is one of the most stressful jobs in the world, working nearly nonstop with a minimum of sleep and free time, how could you think otherwise? Please make yourself familiar with their working condictions. If you don't deliver, you don't get payed and recieve the hate hundreds of thousands of fans. [I don't intend to compare it to some mineworkes in a third world country.]

Some people have a weak immune system, I suffer under that to some degree, so some illnesses can come up rather chronic.

Oh so its just him(and a few other people) having a weak immune system thats the problem. I never understood that concept, i thought it was something fake like Santa or global warming(i kid, i kid). Still if he knows that his immune system is weak don't you think he should make precautions?

He does get the plus side of doing what he loves and being loved for it, right? Thats more than a lot of people can say.

hoeru
August 01, 2012, 09:50 AM
There is a lot of pressure yes but this job isn't the most stressful job in the world. Maybe its just that i don't actively pay attention to other people's health.

Drawing 19 pages a week twice (initial sketch, and then the clean version) isn't stressful? Here's a comment Hiroshi Shibashi's schedule (http://www.comicsalliance.com/2009/09/11/mangaka-so-crayzay-a-japanese-comic-artists-demanding-schedule/), author of Nurarihyon no Mago:

http://i32.tinypic.com/71p534.jpg

3 hours free time in a week packed with 7 days full of work for fans who then go rage on twitter for some shitstorm because their favorite character is said to have died.

Schabrak
August 01, 2012, 10:22 AM
Still if he knows that his immune system is weak don't you think he should make precautions?

He does get the plus side of doing what he loves and being loved for it, right? Thats more than a lot of people can say.
Like living in a sterile bunker for the rest of his life? There are cases of mangaka going on hiatus for months, years or even forever due to the work stress.

It's not his problem if you or somebody else doesn't get their dream job. Working in the industry you imagined to work as a child doesn't make it any less stressful.

Darth Executor
August 01, 2012, 01:54 PM
I'd rather Kubo take a break if he's sick than having him croak on the job and live the rest of my life not knowing how Bleach ends.

NinjaStar
August 01, 2012, 02:54 PM
Like living in a sterile bunker for the rest of his life? There are cases of mangaka going on hiatus for months, years or even forever due to the work stress.

It's not his problem if you or somebody else doesn't get their dream job. Working in the industry you imagined to work as a child doesn't make it any less stressful.

Maybe he should get some tougher skin then. Hearing little fanboys and girls complain is no reason to fall into a coma. Now i understand if he actually has a health problem that prevents him from working but the way you are making it sound it sounds like he just needs to get laid or something.

He does get few weeks off from golden week which he doesn't have to produce a chapter that week and he has weeks off from whenever he gets "ill" so i would say thats more than enough time to get his health checked out.

And im just saying if your going to be working to make ends meet then its best that you are doing it for something you love, are loved for, and became famous for. People at least recognize his talents, thats more than a lot of other unnoticed workers can say.

matzik1212
August 01, 2012, 04:26 PM
Actually being a mangaka is really tiring . After reading Bakuman i started to have real respect for all the mangakas out there . They are practically living for this , that's why it's really sad fans don't appreciate this at all .:wtf I hope Kubo sensei gets better and will stop giving a damn about those types of mean comments . :verily

Schabrak
August 01, 2012, 05:05 PM
Maybe he should get some tougher skin then. Hearing little fanboys and girls complain is no reason to fall into a coma. Now i understand if he actually has a health problem that prevents him from working but the way you are making it sound it sounds like he just needs to get laid or something.

He does get few weeks off from golden week which he doesn't have to produce a chapter that week and he has weeks off from whenever he gets "ill" so i would say thats more than enough time to get his health checked out.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4751/yotsubaangryneutral.png
Eh what? Mangaka have their fair share of love and sex or else Oda or Kishimoto wouldn't have children already...

It's not about getting checked out in a hospital... you don't cure a serious illness within a day, even worse if it's one you can't protect yourself from or one that comes back damnin you to some bigger treatment.

P.S.: Weeks? More like a week. Also is there a need to put the ill in ""? There is no need to feign illness, when he could just as well say that it's for research.

crimsonlink310
August 01, 2012, 06:34 PM

And im just saying if your going to be working to make ends meet then its best that you are doing it for something you love, are loved for, and became famous for. People at least recognize his talents, thats more than a lot of other unnoticed workers can say.

In the manga industry, if you don't have tough skin then you are screwed and will likely quit fast. Kubo has lasted this long with little trouble so he does not need tough skin.

Kubo is sick so of course he won't work until he gets better. Schabrak explained that Kubo was sick, not in need of getting laid.

Its may be easy sometimes to get your health checked out, but that doesn't mean your sickness automatically goes away.

Also guess what? Golden week only happens during the end of April and beginning of May.

What was the point of the last bit of your post?

Exodi
August 01, 2012, 08:20 PM

People get breaks in any occupation. Vacation time, sabbatical, etc. Assuming you don't work now, the same will happen to you. And you will probably really appreciate those breaks because being a working adult is stressful in itself. Unless you don't plan on having a car, or living in a house, or having food to eat, or having children, or whatever. And you would probably get ticked when people tell you to man up when you are tired from working all the time or they think you aren't actually tired or sick when you are.

Even if Kubo wasn't sick, he fully deserves any and every break he gets, because week after week, we have Bleach to read.
And I'm willing to bet a lot of us don't pay for Weekly Shonen Jump, so.......