PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 295 Discussion/ 296 Predictions

ghostexiled
August 04, 2012, 01:22 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

sarutobi_sensei
August 17, 2012, 06:06 AM
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/295

It's out

And it's epic.

Uriel
August 17, 2012, 06:07 AM
Colored Dragon Forces...Damn, they're even more awesome than I initially thought.

Ether
August 17, 2012, 06:09 AM
Well, that's a 10 points for Fairy Tail I guess ! Lol'd so hard when Natsu pushed Gajeel in the cart (why is there a cart in there anyway?). But epic chapter, although it was pretty predictable. The colored Dragon Force are indeed awesome!

Rarhyx
August 17, 2012, 06:16 AM
I nearly died when I read the chapter:
I drank some ice tea and when http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/295/23 appeared I had to choke on it.
The last 4 pages are just amzing, epic, I can't even describe how awesome it is

El Maco
August 17, 2012, 06:16 AM
Fastest I've ever read a chapter!

We need a new category for the poll, super epic!
And the fight has barely started... How long till next week?:derp

Shadoguardian
August 17, 2012, 06:17 AM
Sweeeet! Natsu will probably enter Lightning Flame Dragon Mode now, and probably fight at an even level as the two combined. If things get rough, Gajeel will probably come bursting back into the arena after eating some rare ore he found in the mines!

pongy
August 17, 2012, 06:22 AM
[I][COLOR="red"]If things get rough, Gajeel will probably come bursting back into the arena after [B][U]eating some rare ore he found in the mines!

I hope this happens at the end. lol. :D

RaveDragon
August 17, 2012, 06:25 AM
Oh my god when sting used his roar i was flailing that huge page even though natsu and gajeel got pummeled there was epic these two are good >< but it think natsu was stupid to let gajeel go, what the hell it he thinking can he use df as well??

Masterpice
August 17, 2012, 06:26 AM
Chapter was cool I guess but last week chapter this week chapter and next week chapter[I hope this fight will end there] should be released as one mega chapter. I hope that next week Natsu will break them and this fight will be over cause I don't want to see another "now is our turn to shine" kind of thing. And still maybe Natsu knows everything about sting but still he didn't fight Rouge. Still we now what's going to happen cause Natsu didn't use his lightning fire dragon style and I hope he will take them down with it fast. I want everyone in the arena to be like "Whaaa Fairy tail is awesome"...and I wonder if Sabretooth master will throw them out after they'll lose...We all know that Fairy tail at the end of this arc will have two more dragon slayers.

Ninja_Pirate
August 17, 2012, 06:32 AM
Isnt this chapter confirm that they have not killed the dragons :p ...

Sting wants to beat a salamander so that no one consider it a lie that they have killed a dragon

Unless there is some problem with the managreader translations (I don't believe them much)

SerpentTailedAngel
August 17, 2012, 06:39 AM
That... was... awesome. Too bad Rogue didn't do anything though.

masgrande
August 17, 2012, 06:44 AM
Thank God the flashback didn't take half the chapter, but atleast now we know for sure that Sting really believes that he beat his dragon which is wierd because he looked like a nice kid.
So Sting powers really is "holyness" and not "light", I so freaking called it:hip.

Masterpice
August 17, 2012, 06:48 AM
Isnt this chapter confirm that they have not killed the dragons :p ...

Sting wants to beat a salamander so that no one consider it a lie that they have killed a dragon

Unless there is some problem with the managreader translations (I don't believe them much)

It doesn't proof that they didn't kill their dragons. That just means that Natsu and Gajeel are stronger or their dragons were stronger. And only those cat "bitches" from Edolas didn't believe Lecter not Sting or Rouge. It's still weird that all Dragons vanished but those two...This whole thing is fishy. Still I think it's a time for Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy to learn how to enter this Dragon mode without any outside help...Natsu would destroy whole world with his power. :P

jacke12
August 17, 2012, 07:05 AM
Man I really liked this chapter. Sting trashing Gajeel and Natsu like crazy then they got up like nothing has happened and nice little flashback but the most awesome thing was the ending with Gajeel I almost felled from my chair when I saw it.

sarutobi_sensei
August 17, 2012, 07:15 AM
Well the mine is under the arena xD

It would indeed be awesome if Gajeel found a rare ore that allowed him to enter DF or at least some new element xD

When they got up like it was nothingI was like *,*

Lightning Flame Dragon Incoming

R3D
August 17, 2012, 07:20 AM
Sting claims he beat his dragon as a kid , and now more than 7 years later he should have gotten stronger since then but he got his butt kicked before using dragon force , and cant k.o natsu and gajeel using dragon force...

if sting really did beat his dragon , it must have been very weak compared to igneel ,

awesome chapter again , imma read this arc all over again once it ends !!! <_>

tobeulp
August 17, 2012, 07:24 AM
Last week or Last last week chapter is better but this chapter is epic too in on its own rights... From the start I know that Rouge/Sting combo will dominate Natsu/Gajeel and they will counter them next chapter but I don't expect the 1vs2 that Mashima did this chapter if only the counter attack happen this chapter also it will be on the same level or higher than last week chapter... Favorite page http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c295/26.html Come on!

sarutobi_sensei
August 17, 2012, 07:35 AM
Did anyone else notice the flame on Natsus fist saying come on? Awesome hehe.

So, is it going to be Rogues turn to battle? Notice that he was happy that Natsu and Gajeel were okay. He was smilling. A creepy smile though.

Ether
August 17, 2012, 07:42 AM

So, is it going to be Rogues turn to battle? Notice that he was happy that Natsu and Gajeel were okay. He was smilling. A creepy smile though.

Actually I think it was his bruises that made him looked like he was smiling lol

tobeulp
August 17, 2012, 07:45 AM

That is why I added a link to it ^^

I think it will be a 1vs2 thing but I hope not Gajeel didn't even do anything yet I think it is better if the roles had switch and Gajeel is the one that will fight 1vs2 Natsu already had a ton of fights not saying it isn't gonna be good but I think we need to see more of Gajeel

abc1233
August 17, 2012, 07:46 AM
Epic chapter but it'll be stupid if Natsu can take down 2 DF users without using DF himself, especially when you consider the damage he took from only one user (yes he wanted to see Sting's fighting pattern but he still couldn't block any of sting's attacks and his secret technique did hardly any damage) and the fact that he has no idea about Rogue's fighting pattern.

sarutobi_sensei
August 17, 2012, 07:50 AM
Noticed your link after I posted. Somehow I think that Gajeel will come back and will send Natsu on the cart.

Could be something like they are still both in DF mode, Natsu enter LFD starts kicking their asses, when hes about to give the finishing blow Gajeel kicks him into the cart and proceeds to fight them showing the results of his training.

hoeru
August 17, 2012, 08:00 AM
Yeah, the "come on" was nice ... but actually it's from chapter 7 as he did the same towards the Vanish Bros. in Everlue's mansion... But it's still great. ;)

BTW... thank you for ignoring the 24h rule for posting quotes and using spoiler image signatures. But maybe the opening post isn't as obligatory as I thought.

moonster x
August 17, 2012, 08:10 AM
Sting DF indeed strong but to me it still not enough to defeat a real dragon.. look at Gildarts he is actually super strong but Achnologia destroyed him like it was nothing. a roar of a real dragon can obliterate pretty much of anything not just the ground. that means even Natsu power right now is just half of a real dragon power.what i see is Lector believe that Sting killed the dragon because of dragon just vanish without a traces.. and Sting want to defeat Natsu to make what Lector said and believe came true. don't know about Rogue though.. poor Gazeel..:gwah hahahahaa..! and yeah.. look like did there someplace like tunnel under the arena

ghostexiled
August 17, 2012, 08:11 AM
This will be the only warning this week...

Follow the rules or you will be reprimanded.

DO NOT post one liner comments. This means NO "Awesome Chapter!!" or "They are so going to get it!" only type of comments.

It is nothing but spamming the thread...

Add TO THE DISCUSSION or don't post.

If you like what someone said USE the LIKE and THANKS buttons.

NO COMPARING mangas to FT in this thread.

again... this is the ONLY warning.

NAM61
August 17, 2012, 08:25 AM
Epic chapter but it'll be stupid if Natsu can take down 2 DF users without using DF himself, especially when you consider the damage he took from only one user (yes he wanted to see Sting's fighting pattern but he still couldn't block any of sting's attacks and his secret technique did hardly any damage) and the fact that he has no idea about Rogue's fighting pattern.
we have not seen natsu use his lightning flame mode yet so we dont really know what he is truly capable of after his second origin got unlocked to say t is stupid for him to take them down. we have to wait in see him actually using his full power before anything.

dragons4life
August 17, 2012, 08:44 AM
hahahaha awesome!!! This chapter was awesome epic!!! It was funny and action packed (I thought that the deuchebag and his cat would have half the chapter all by himself :-_- ) And btw did anyone notice that Lucy was watching the fight. :hurr And Orga has green hair :oh I didn't know that :oh

Grizz
August 17, 2012, 08:53 AM
Hahaha.!!! what an epic chapter.. Dragon force looked awesome in colour. sting got way too cocky for his own good. to be fair he did beat the crap outta natsu and gajeel but in the end they didnt even feel anything LOL. what a waste. so natsu will now take on both of them, so im sure we're gonna see rogue's dragon force powers without a doubt.. I think its so funny how gajeel and natsu arent even taking them seriously. Poor sabertooth..

Rarhyx
August 17, 2012, 09:01 AM
Anyone thinks Rogue will use his sword already? I mean he is carrying it all the time and didn't even use it once.

(hope this is not a one liner)

moonster x
August 17, 2012, 09:20 AM
Anyone thinks Rogue will use his sword already? I mean he is carrying it all the time and didn't even use it once.

(hope this is not a one liner)

maybe he will. something like Shadow dragon sword technique~shadow cutter.. just an example..:hee

crimsonlink310
August 17, 2012, 09:21 AM
Wow 83 characters but Mashima probably couldn't fit in the villains so the number should be higher. Can't wait for a better translation, there are some very noticeable errors like Sting saying White Dragon twice instead of roar lol.

Anyways awesome chapter this week, can't wait for its conclusion.

BTW those of you saying that FT will gain 2 more DS, it better not be Rouge and Sting you are taking about. What would be the point anyways?

Mashima can barely use all 3 main DS in the FT guild all the time. How could he manage with 5? All Sting and Rouge would play second fiddler to Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy all the time.

Natsu in Lightning Fire Dragon mode should start up next week and pwn both Sting and Rouge. Maybe Gajeel will come in to take away Rouge after getting a hit on Natsu for sending him away lol.

Maybe the mine cart goes a Etherion mine?

Buggy
August 17, 2012, 09:31 AM
For a moment it looked like they were really in trouble, but no:) Sting was underestimating them by going 1v2 and now probably Natsu is underestimating these two, Rogue might have some tricky attacks and they might even use unison raid.

As some of you said already, it would be epic if Gajeel indeed ate some super ore under the arena, entered dragon force and then came from below destroying the floor and sending them all flying haha

Giga_Gaia
August 17, 2012, 09:39 AM
Gonna be 10 points for Fairy Tail.

Sting and Rogue are so freaking weak, it's just pathetic.

Nevermind that, Sabertooth is a weak guild. They were a good replacement as the strongest guild for 7 years without fairy tail, but now that fairy tail's core members are back, they're just a bunch of pathetic losers.

Roman
August 17, 2012, 09:41 AM
Predictable. If those two were so pathetic without the dragon force, it's no wonder that Natsu and Gajeel were also hiding their true power. I hope Natsu kicks their ass so hard that they'll go back 7 years in the past.

DR.DOOM
August 17, 2012, 09:46 AM
another disappointed chapter >.> I was hoping that sting and rogue would seriously damage natsu and gajeel and they would go DF mode but seems like mashima is really trolling sting and rogue. What a joke mashima good job XD. Now natsu will one inch punch sting and rogue. Match over sigh.

sarutobi_sensei
August 17, 2012, 09:54 AM
another disappointed chapter >.> I was hoping that sting and rogue would seriously damage natsu and gajeel and they would go DF mode but seems like mashima is really trolling sting and rogue. What a joke mashima good job XD. Now natsu will one inch punch sting and rogue. Match over sigh.

Anything but that! I really want to enjoy this more.

Let it be over in 2 chapters not one. Or longer than that. Natsu, gajeel and Rogue still need to use their power.

But I can see Gajeel not appearing until the end of the fight and only fight on the last day hehe.

Cant wait to see Minerva's face when they are completely and utterly defeated.

Roman
August 17, 2012, 09:58 AM
Also, gotta say that the 26th page with Natsu lighting his fingers with "Come on" looks so badass. <3

kidopitz27
August 17, 2012, 10:00 AM
i really like the theory that those cats think that Sting and Lector beat dragons because they just vanished 7 years ago it's either they vanished because they felt the black dragon and left the world to another dimension ......

i really think that this will end a draw and i think we know that Natsu has the flame/thunder mode but that skill is already complete 7 years ago (but he need more magic power) i think we will see another skill from salamander rather than the flame/thunder mode or more variation of that mode :)

is that mine used on the tournament ? or maybe that mine is etherion mines :) hehehehe Gajeel will be happy :)

Razh
August 17, 2012, 10:02 AM
I was also hoping the match would be closer, so we can see a real struggle where every punch, kick and dodge matter. Still, a great chapter. Would love it more without the comic relief.

moonster x
August 17, 2012, 10:05 AM
Cant wait to see Minerva's face when they are completely and utterly defeated.

yup.. i want to see her face too after the crap talking about the power of 3rd gen DS. she look like she satisfied when Sting beats Natsu and Gazeel but it not over yet..:cheez

longguilol1
August 17, 2012, 10:07 AM
So Natsu's really overpowered (as I mentioned in the previous chapter), Sting/Rogue's full power (Dragon Force) only served as a warm-up. Didn't like how Gajeel was off-paneled (as usual) so that Natsu could take the spotlight. But this time around it was pure lol-troll.

I expect the YouTube reviewers to fully rage on this one. Stay tuned.

Sollum
August 17, 2012, 10:13 AM
This. Was. AWESOME!

Oh my freaking god!

I expected some crazy Dragon God Fireballz Firebaling around, but this was more that enough!

DR.DOOM
August 17, 2012, 10:21 AM
Enough of natsu let him fail this time. I wouldn't mind gajeel shining and drawing the battle.

-Ken-
August 17, 2012, 10:27 AM
Man, I hope Natsu's not going to get rock hard. I still think this is going to be a draw. Natsu might end up being equal to 1.5 of Sting or something. Then Gajeel will join up and the match will be over. I think it'll probably be over next chapter.

FrostyMouse
August 17, 2012, 10:36 AM
Natsu and Gajeel were hilarious, and then the pushing Gajeel down the track was priceless. Next week, Gajeel comes back having entered Dragon Force after eating some magical iron/ore.

dafuq
August 17, 2012, 10:48 AM
oh man gajeel really needs some love i mean really. i said that in previous chapter but mashima gave spotlights just natsu again.
i understand that natsu is the protagonist of this manga but this is too much. i mean if natsu beat them alone while they are in their respective df modes this would be absurd.we're talking about df here not some ordinary magic this mode supposed to gave them power comparable to that of a real dragon but i think now its eligible just for 1st generation ds's. looks like they have achieved df mode with their dragon lacrima just like laxus and cobra did that so its not strong as natsu's and other 1st generations dragon force which we yet to see how they achieve that without external assistance.
nevertheless natsu shouldn't beat them while their df mode is still active cause we didnt even see what rogue capable of in his df mode and sting alone gave them hard times unless somehow natsu find a way to activate his df mode ofc.

DEATHBOTT
August 17, 2012, 10:56 AM
fuck you natsu! let gajeel have a turn. such a dick move when gajeel was training for 3 months for this shit! so disappointing.

kkck
August 17, 2012, 11:15 AM
Nice chapter, I enjoyed the developments and it was a lot of fun.

Is it me or is sting's DF actually stronger than the one natsu showed before? back in the day natsu mentioned dragon force doubled or tripled his strength. Still, we saw a DF sting being pretty much able to fight natsu and gajeel at once. Or perhaps natsu is going to show he can handle the two of them on his own even without his lightning fire? Of course, that would have the implication of gajeel also being capable of taking the two of them at once. At least if the next chapter goes the way it is expected then we will see natsu getting the better of them mostly due to his fighting experience. I guess it would make sense natsu would have that much more experience than the two of them though. Natsu fought with his life on the line against eligor, gajeel, gerard, the trinity raven guy, laxus (to whatever extent he was actually in danger), cobra, brain, the dragon robot, that captain guy from edoras, zancrow, urtear, kain and hades. Even if he had his boosts they were still tough battles and honestly, it would seem unlikely anyone else got to fight so many times with his life on the line as natsu or FT. Seriously, imagine a world where the sort of thing FT went through happened to a bunch of people at a time. It would be sheer chaos. Of course, it is entirely possible sting and rogue had their share of fights however it would still be weird they got to do significantly more than taking out the occasional dark guild. Even if sting had the same amount of base power natsu had in the past, it would still be exceptionally difficult for him to have gotten all the actual battle experience natsu has accumulated. All in all, what this chapter implied was that sting and rogue were rookies in what could be called actual fighting.

What I did thoroughly dislike about the chapter was the whole story with lector and sting. Basically, WTH? This is all about because lector got bullied for saying stuff he could have simply not said? Rather than waiting for a guy to resurrect he could have literally simply not talked too much about how sting murdered his parent. Even if sting did kill weisslogia as a goddamn kid and weisslogia was evil it is still not a good reason to brag about that sort of thing.

I couldn't help but laugh when natsu pushed gajeel on a mining cart. Why in the hell was the lever working though? Such a huge coincidence that there just happened to be a functional lever and a functional cart with rails among all the random destruction.

shnugin
August 17, 2012, 11:37 AM
Wow! That was insane! Sting is nuts. Page 15, Holy Ray is freaking awesome! Crazy attack just firing everyone around him.

Favorite part is after Sting acknowledged Natsu and Gajeel's strength and I thought maybe this is the dramatic music part if it was animated

But then boom! They both get up and just brushed it off "Ouch!" "He's better than I thought" I fell off laughing! I like it that they weren't cocky about it.

Can't wait for next week! Come on Rogue!! Do something and stop being all emo

moonster x
August 17, 2012, 11:43 AM
fuck you natsu! let gajeel have a turn. such a dick move when gajeel was training for 3 months for this shit! so disappointing.

the word you used is not too appropriate...:-_-
maybe the author want to save Gazeel new strength for later.. and for now showing what Natsu can do with his extremely overwhelming power..

stevens41
August 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
I really enjoyed the chapter. First off, how can an "etheral" being (i.e. the first master) sweat? LOL. Anyhow, Sting's DF mode was pretty cool and so were his attacks. I still think that Natsu is going to show them the difference in power in the next chapter, he might go into lighting mode or not, I personally don't know why is he should be able to though. Shouldn't the magic he ate from Laxus be depleted already? Its been quite a long time since he got it. I don't mind if he still has some but it shouldn't be a permanent power-up since Natsu does not produce lighting magic.

I would prefer if he beats them with just his flames. I agree with other posters that would have liked Rogue to have done at least something BUT I am sure we are going to see him in action next week. Gajeel will become a part of the fight at some point I think. As far as Minerva goes, I definitely want to see her face when FT either wins or end up in a draw with ST. Her magic seems pretty cool so I would love to see more of it and for her to feel the wrath of Erza LOL.

SerpentTailedAngel
August 17, 2012, 12:14 PM
So if he didn't fight at all and canceled it before Natsu and Gajeel got back up, I guess the only point of Rogue going DF was to look cool.

Well, maybe they'll have to switch back to it and the next round will be more balanced out. It's been fun watching Natsu and Gajeel cream them or dismiss their attacks, but but it would also be nice to see a more even match.

THM Nindo
August 17, 2012, 12:21 PM
Natsu and Gajeel were hilarious, and then the pushing Gajeel down the track was priceless. Next week, Gajeel comes back having entered Dragon Force after eating some magical iron/ore.

Well, he is being pushed into a mine, so it's certainly a possibility!
Maybe it's an iron mine! :tem

1337 haxor
August 17, 2012, 01:06 PM
Lame joke but...
http://i999.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/295/fairy-tail-3529917.jpg
FIND WALDO!

I loved this chapter, the way they showed Sting's motivation and how much he went on to prove his power for a friend make him better than the complete idiot his exterior behaviour presented him to be.

Dragon force is monstrous as always, however, we all knew Natsu would pull it out. The fact he was using a fraccion of his power before Rogue and Sting hit DF made it clear he would not lose.

One thing I liked most about this chapter was that despite the huge ass epic explosions the comedy played rather well without breaking the atmosphere.

Natsu throwing Gajeel into a train cart so that his motion sickness put him out of action was both hilarious and badass.

Shadow
August 17, 2012, 01:14 PM
Funny thing is that when we read the Tenrou Island arc we see Natsu eating fire god flames and combining it with his dragon fire, yet he has not used that combination since then. Instead he goes to lightening-fire dragon. I would love to see him go dragon-god mode, like on Tenrou Island, in this fight to show them how much damage he can do. This chapter was so-so for me and would have been better if the counter-attack had started here instead of next week.

SerpentTailedAngel
August 17, 2012, 01:15 PM
I counted 81 chibis on the cover page, and they're only the ones who showed up for this arc. I don't see any Oracion Six, Grimoire Heart, anyone from the tower who wasn't in this arc. No Eisenwald, no Ur, none of the Phantom Lord who didn't switch sides... they've got way more that 83 characters, even ignoring the fodder like Quatro Puppy. I wonder what the magazine requires for someone to be counted as a character.

But anyway, I don't think Natsu could keep using the god flames. First off, it's still... just fire. Even if Mashima could come up with an excuse for him using it, it's just Natsu using more powerful fire and Natsu does that all the time anyway so it would be kinda boring. We still haven't learned how he retained the lightning, but everyone was surprised when he pulled that out of his... um... sleeve. Natsu retaining whatever other elements he eats is-for the time being-really rare.

Krono
August 17, 2012, 01:20 PM
Shouldn't the magic he ate from Laxus be depleted already? Its been quite a long time since he got it. I don't mind if he still has some but it shouldn't be a permanent power-up since Natsu does not produce lighting magic.

The magic he ate from Laxus is long since gone, before they even got off of Tenrou Island. Producing lightning magic is exactly what Natsu's been doing since the fight with Max. Remember, they're wizards whose magic is learned. Their powers aren't devil fruits, ninja bloodlines, mutant powers, etc. They are neither unique, nor static. Any wizard can theoretically learn any spell. In this specific case, after having done it once on accident, Natsu figured out how to add lightning to his fire attacks on his own.

Funny thing is that when we read the Tenrou Island arc we see Natsu eating fire god flames and combining it with his dragon fire, yet he has not used that combination since then. Instead he goes to lightening-fire dragon. I would love to see him go dragon-god mode, like on Tenrou Island, in this fight to show them how much damage he can do. This chapter was so-so for me and would have been better if the counter-attack ha started here instead of next week.

Likely a function of not getting to use the god flame for long enough to figure out how to duplicate it on his own. Passing out right afterwards likely didn't help him remember what he did.

ndulzky
August 17, 2012, 02:38 PM
I hope it is OK to ask this question here - but could someone please remind me what the differences among 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation dragon slayers are? Here is my guess, but not sure if it's right: 1st generation (Natsu, Gajeel, Wendy) learned from a real dragon. 2nd generation (Luxus?) got his power from a Lachryma. 3rd generation (Sting, Rogue)...what are they? They learned from real dragons and killed the dragons? Or is it just because they are supposed to be younger/from a different age than Natsu/Gajeel/Wendy?

I do have a feeling that by the end of this arc, Sting and Rogue and their two cats will be FT's friends. Not sure if they will actually join FT, but they most likely will become friends.

Minerva...well, I hate her right now, so I really don't want her to become a friend...after what she did to Lucy. But then again Mashima has the tendency to make foes into friends after battles. Even Gajeel, who was so horrible when he first appeared (what he did to Levi's group), became a good guy afterwards and I came to like him very much. Maybe Minerva has her own story too. She did seem a little ticked off when Lucy was talking about nakama and such...Somehow I see her as the Erza for Sabertooth.

sarutobi_sensei
August 17, 2012, 02:41 PM
I can imagine the following scenario.

Natsu reveals Lightning Flame Dragon Mode, starts kicking both their asses, right when he's about to defeat them, Gajeel appears and kicks Natsu into the cart and sends him down the mine. After that he trashes both of them :D

Regarding the mine and building underneath, could it be Pandemonium? It was brought from the ground right?

Not to mention the secret cult of Zentopia that's being currently presented on the anime and Mashima did say that it was important for the manga as well. Or it could also be like the thing that was done during the beginning of the arc, the round city or whatever it was.

Last but not least it could be another Zeref cult of some sorts.

SerpentTailedAngel
August 17, 2012, 02:54 PM
I hope it is OK to ask this question here - but could someone please remind me what the differences among 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation dragon slayers are? Here is my guess, but not sure if it's right: 1st generation (Natsu, Gajeel, Wendy) learned from a real dragon. 2nd generation (Luxus?) got his power from a Lachryma. 3rd generation (Sting, Rogue)...what are they? They learned from real dragons and killed the dragons? Or is it just because they are supposed to be younger/from a different age than Natsu/Gajeel/Wendy?

I do have a feeling that by the end of this arc, Sting and Rogue and their two cats will be FT's friends. Not sure if they will actually join FT, but they most likely will become friends.

Minerva...well, I hate her right now, so I really don't want her to become a friend...after what she did to Lucy. But then again Mashima has the tendency to make foes into friends after battles. Even Gajeel, who was so horrible when he first appeared (what he did to Levi's group), became a good guy afterwards and I came to like him very much. Maybe Minerva has her own story too. She did seem a little ticked off when Lucy was talking about nakama and such...Somehow I see her as the Erza for Sabertooth.

You probably see her as the ST Erza because that's who Mashima is pairing her off against.

Sting and Rogue say they're 3rd gen because they were both taught by dragons and had lacryma implanted in them. They also say that they're "true" dragon slayers because they've actually slain a dragon.

kidopitz27
August 17, 2012, 03:17 PM
hahahahaha :) compare to Natsu's DF Sting and Rouge's DF is like a baby :) i think Natsu will pawn Sting and he will say that even with that kind of power he can't kill a dragon

but i don't want to happen is like what happen on this chapter on next week's chapter : after Natsu pawned Sting and Rouge they will both stand up too like nothing happened and Sting will start thrash talking :(

Krono
August 17, 2012, 03:39 PM

1st Generation Dragon Slayers = trained by dragons
2nd Generation Dragon Slayers = implanted with lacrima imbued with dragon slayer magic.
3rd Generation Dragon Slayers = trained by dragons, and implanted with lacrima imbued with dragon slayer magic.

kkck
August 17, 2012, 03:43 PM
hahahahaha :) compare to Natsu's DF Sting and Rouge's DF is like a baby :) i think Natsu will pawn Sting and he will say that even with that kind of power he can't kill a dragon

but i don't want to happen is like what happen on this chapter on next week's chapter : after Natsu pawned Sting and Rouge they will both stand up too like nothing happened and Sting will start thrash talking :(

There is no particular reason for us to think anything of the sort though. Natsu's DF has so far been induced by external factors and in one case he wasn't even using actual fire. In practical terms natsu and gajeel's dragon force is basically not a factor here(which as far as I know makes it less than a baby). Gajeel didn't even know about it before this fight. With natsu what dragon force did was basically multiply his power. What natsu pointed out was that DF doubled or tripled his power. In an ideal case the second origin thing actually doubled or so natsus's power. Now, if we consider that sting and rogue are actually the same age as natsu or at least pretty much there then it makes sense that they actually are as strong as natsu and gajeel were before the timeskip. So if we factor in DF it would make sense that sting and rogue would be at about the level or perhaps somewhat stronger than what natsu and gajeel are in their basic forms. Which ultimately would suggest that natsu should still have a decent edge over either sting or rogue if the fight comes to that considering natsu has yet to use his lightning fire. I do wonder what the extent of natsu's lightning fire power is. I wonder if he would actually come close to being a match to gildarts with it. He actually gave the old man from sabertooth some trouble so perhaps his power scratches that of the high tier enemies.

I do think natsu will say that with the kind of power sting has shown he cannot kill a dragon.

exacta
August 17, 2012, 03:52 PM
Chapter was predictable but awesome. I actually was a little worried for Natsu and Gajeel there for a sec, but in the end they still stood up after all of those hits and haven't used any of their best attacks. Rogue got trolled though....in fact so far throughout this fight Sting has been taking all of the spotlight. Rogue is more of a quiet guy, but still I like him and hes the only guy from ST whose not an ass. I don't think Gajeel is out of the fight, I'm sure he'll come back. Well, he better at least....

frozen18ice
August 17, 2012, 05:08 PM
epic just love the chapter, the color page was awesome and the ending trolling was epic to the maxed. with gajeel being trolled in a cart was so funny it makes for great frights in the fairy tale guild house. i like how natsu fingers has come on it, good fight situation, it made it seem like there is more to stings story about the death of the dragons

hoeru
August 17, 2012, 05:09 PM
Hm, after being shown assertive, Minerva's reaction is missing. Gemma is completely left out. But it's been likely a good decision to save that for next chapter, as it might be more in character to show them losing her patience slowly instead of being actually shocked from Natsu and Gajeel going back on their feet.

Minerva...well, I hate her right now, so I really don't want her to become a friend...after what she did to Lucy.

I like her to be independant from FT, too - but let's not forget. Gajeel nor Juvia actually weren't friends with Lucy nor Levy, either. And from Lucy's point-of-view... she also had pity for Flare, and Levy came over her trauma from being beaten up by Gajeel.

So, ... come to think of it.... a trio infernale Elsa-Mira-Minerva. Why not? :drool

I think Natsu is going to pressure on both opponents next chapter, but we're not going to see any big as Natsu may still figure out Rogue's movements - in the meantime there might be another flashback on either Sting and Lector or even Rogue and Frosch.

There still a time limit of 30 minutes? I hope it's not going to run out just because Natsu is too fired up.

REN KOUEN
August 17, 2012, 05:38 PM
good chapter, i just wish natsu didnt push gajeel off in the train cart or whatever

that didnt even make sense

and the little fire letters with natsu's hand was kinda corny

either way im itching to see natsu take botg of those clowns on, its gonna be epic

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Sting claims he beat his dragon as a kid , and now more than 7 years later he should have gotten stronger since then but he got his butt kicked before using dragon force , and cant k.o natsu and gajeel using dragon force...

if sting really did beat his dragon , it must have been very weak compared to igneel ,

awesome chapter again , imma read this arc all over again once it ends !!! <_>

honestly i believe those two dragons just pretended to lose and left with the rest of the dragons in 777

no way those two killed dragons at that age

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

nah if they go down again they are done

i dont see them beating natsu, he is going to mop the floor with them

ghostexiled
August 17, 2012, 05:56 PM
please be careful and not mention what takes place in the fairy tail anime.

Again some people may not be caught up and would not like to be spoiled.

Please only make comments concerning the chapter.

Thanks!

GomuGomu_Getsuga
August 17, 2012, 06:23 PM
Natsu is the main character. He has been sitting on the sidelines for a long time since this tournament started. Why should he get beat up or lose to these two scrubs? These chapters are to show how powerful he has become. When has he ever looked this way in the manga? None of you would complain if it were Erza, Mirajane or Laxus fighting these two at the same time so I don't see the problem.

Gajeel is going to sit this one out. It was hilarious how Natsu pushed him in the cart but I highly doubt he will have the strength to escape. He can get his fight in some other time. I wouldn't mind if Natsu beat these two without using his lightning powers.

SerpentTailedAngel
August 17, 2012, 07:58 PM
I'd mind if he didn't use lightning. We haven't seen him really go all out with that trick since we found out he'd learned it. The closest he's come is fighting Gemma, and that wasn't much of a fight. Gemma was sort of just letting him punch but not really caring. I don't care if it would look cooler if he beats ST without breaking out his best moves. I want to see them in action.

JunKisaragi
August 17, 2012, 08:17 PM
Gajeel is going to sit this one out. It was hilarious how Natsu pushed him in the cart but I highly doubt he will have the strength to escape. He can get his fight in some other time. I wouldn't mind if Natsu beat these two without using his lightning powers.

Who knows? After seeing Natsu and Gajeel still being able to finish the race despite being on a moving vehicle, I can honestly say that Gajeel could get out of that. Although maybe a bit too late with Natsu having finished the two already.

For me, that was a good chapter. I agree with someone who mentioned that this was a bit predictable, as Sting and Rogue still got thrashed even with their "Drives" on, and Natsu and Gajeel weren't even trying. Still, there was this intense moment seeing Natsu and Gajeel seemingly helpless against Sting's DF mode.

It's also good to see some development in Natsu. I mean, he's no longer attacking on a frenzy. Now, he was able to deduce Sting's actions, which is Erza's field of expertise.

Now that I think about it, even his actions in the last chapter were "controlled".

Next chapter, I could only wish to see Minerva's shocked/pissed off face next chapter. That, and of course, see Sting's precious stills of desperation. Haha! :)

zerocooldx
August 17, 2012, 08:28 PM
I was also hoping the match would be closer, so we can see a real struggle where every punch, kick and dodge matter. Still, a great chapter. Would love it more without the comic relief.

Hmm gotta agree, the comedy kind of killed the mood that was being built up the last several chapters. But then again if Natsu and Gajeel are having this easy of a time then i suppose it was only a matter of time before some comedy emerged. But i personally still could have done without it. I guess the other members are gong to have to create the serious battles against ST. But i suppose thats what Erza and Laxus are for.

THM Nindo
August 17, 2012, 09:37 PM
Predictable but that was good.
I liked the humor, although I really wanted a 2 vs 2, instead we are going to get a 1 vs 2, and then another 1 vs 2...

Hopefully, Gajeel will come back to fight when Rogue starts attacking as well.

It seems almost too much just how Natsu was able to take all that damage like it was nothing, but there's one great thing about this...
After Elsa and Laxus, Natsu will prove once and for all to everyone that Fairy Tail is definitely the #1 Guild!!

dark angel KaRamo
August 18, 2012, 01:27 AM
First awesomely epic chapter.
For starters, i liked how the flash back is short and to the point, i thing he may have attacked his Dragon on the day they were disappearing so he thought he had killed him then again he may just be a big liar. Now as for when Natsu and Gajeel was getting they ass kicked by Sting i was like damn will the Thunder Flame mode come out, but when i say them on the ground i thought it was over for a minute cause they were getting beat bad and couldn't even block any attacks, but when they got back up and acting like there not hurt i was glad and piss off cause they should at least be hurt and getting ready to use there new power and seeing them act so on harm prove that Natsu and Gajeel are still not taking then seriously and for crying loud do something Rogue. Also how he push Gajeel in the mine cart was lol. But i hope Gajeel get's back in this fight Natsu alone Vs the two DS that's a big NO! Gajeel needs to shine too. Then again Gajeel might find some rare metal in the mine and come rearing to go in DF mode, or just release a large Dragon roar to show off is new DS magic and gets back in the fight. Damn isn't it next week already!

Now as for Minerva acting like they DS are the best i can't wait for Erza to show her the power of the Fairy Queen; Titania of Fairy tail,

Now a little off topic i wonder how Gray feels seeing Natsu take a Dragon roar that destroyed the floor of the Stadium from an attack like that and get up and act like it was nothing Gray was seen as Equal to Natsu before the time skip, (tho is was stated by happy during the battle of Fairy tail) but i really want to see what he's capable of now, cause we've seen what Erza can do but not to her fullest still but we still see her in action, and Juvia a bit also lucy now it's gray's turn too.

llamapie
August 18, 2012, 02:00 AM
You probably see her as the ST Erza because that's who Mashima is pairing her off against.

Sting and Rogue say they're 3rd gen because they were both taught by dragons and had lacryma implanted in them. They also say that they're "true" dragon slayers because they've actually slain a dragon.

I'm under the unconfirmed assumption that the lacryma is actually the dragons they "killed". Wasn't the lacryma Laxus has from a dead dragon? Its like you can take their essence as such. And its probably why they can control dragon force. As to why Natsu and Gajeel are still stronger, well its clearly training.

REN KOUEN
August 18, 2012, 02:54 AM
has anyone figured out what is up with the railroad cart?

is it some type of joke that im not getting?

i was thinking since.gajeel is a metal user maybe natsu shoved him in the cart like some metal ore

SerpentTailedAngel
August 18, 2012, 03:18 AM
I think it was just that they fell into an old mine and the cart was a vehicle that Natsu could take Gajeel out of the battle with. The joke is just that Gajeel was shoved onto a vehicle.

Ero-Sanji
August 18, 2012, 03:35 AM
The chapter was kinda predictable but still pretty darn good.
I do not, however, enjoy the fact that for one chapter it's going well for one team and the other for the opposite, I would have appreciated it more if it were closer in all chapter and didn't swing so heavily with every chapter. I do however enjoy the fact that it is a long and beautifully drawn fight.

Two things caught my attention regarding this chapter the first is the holy/light magic that Sting uses and that Porlyusica mentioned. Is it a part of the light DS or is a magic like the one Makarov uses that has gotten mixed in by Sting into his DS technique. I'm sure this is not the end of that matter. Also, now we know the motives that Sting has, obviously I was a little disappointed over Stings sudden change, he's always been portrayed as psychotic and sadistic and now he showed some benevolent and merciful side, I have never liked that about FT. Anyway, we still lack the motives that Rouge has, he didn't care for anything other than Gajeel, yet, he just watched as Gajeel was getting beaten by sting, that's odd. I mean did he accidentally have the same motives as Sting, that is a promise to Fro, if that's the case why did he let Sting do as he pleased with his prey and "life long" dream?

Edelheld
August 18, 2012, 05:48 AM
1) People, why don't you believe that Sting killed his dragon? The likes of you made Lector cry :-_-
2) The Stadium is on the mountain so there might be some mines so mining cart was not that random.
3) Can you get enough of Sting's WTF faces? No you can't :3c

Ifrit
August 18, 2012, 06:40 AM
Damn, I was listening to "Dragon Slayer Theme" while reading this chapter, just like the one before, When this one get animated no sounds should be heard except the "Dragon Slayer Theme" and "Voices & explosions of the Dragon Slayers" :XD

I was like this when Sting used his dragon breath attack :gwah, damage reminded me of Acknologia breath attack, but I think Natsu Fire-Lightning breath attack did much more damage against HADES.

I have no idea why Rouge is carrying a sword with him, it will be funny if he didn't use it at some point.

This fight will last for like 3 more chapters, I hope Gajeel will come back also, but first I need to see Sting another WTF expression when he sees Fire-Lightning Mode.

I think when it comes to Dragon Slayers, Natsu indeed is the stronger among those, because first we thought Rouge & Sting has 2 elements, but that turned to be wrong theory, which means Natsu is the only dragon slayer with 2 elements, this will make Sting give a WTF expression worth waiting next week.

TobiOrNotTobi
August 18, 2012, 06:59 AM
This chapters was good, well, the beginning. The end was just bad.

Sting's purpose for all this is to prove Lector that he can make it by beating Natsu? The reasoning is questionable but whatever.

Also what was the purpose for Rogue to go into Dragon Force Mode when he wasn't even using it? Natsu/Gajeel got beat up pretty bad bu apperently they're just fine. Not sure how 3 months of training and the rest was partying can compare to 7 years but ok... the power of friendship over anything i suppose.

I enjoy FT but often i end up asking why do i?

abc1233
August 18, 2012, 12:15 PM
Damn, I was listening to "Dragon Slayer Theme" while reading this chapter, just like the one before, When this one get animated no sounds should be heard except the "Dragon Slayer Theme" and "Voices & explosions of the Dragon Slayers" :XD

I was like this when Sting used his dragon breath attack :gwah, damage reminded me of Acknologia breath attack, but I think Natsu Fire-Lightning breath attack did much more damage against HADES.

I have no idea why Rouge is carrying a sword with him, it will be funny if he didn't use it at some point.

This fight will last for like 3 more chapters, I hope Gajeel will come back also, but first I need to see Sting another WTF expression when he sees Fire-Lightning Mode.

I think when it comes to Dragon Slayers, Natsu indeed is the stronger among those, because first we thought Rouge & Sting has 2 elements, but that turned to be wrong theory, which means Natsu is the only dragon slayer with 2 elements, this will make Sting give a WTF expression worth waiting next week

Not really, Sting saw Natsu's lightning-fire mode when he attacked ST's guild. I'm surprised if anything that Sting thought he beat a serious Natsu when he didn't even use his lightning-fire mode which Sting knows about

llamapie
August 18, 2012, 01:48 PM
Not really, Sting saw Natsu's lightning-fire mode when he attacked ST's guild. I'm surprised if anything that Sting thought he beat a serious Natsu when he didn't even use his lightning-fire mode which Sting knows about

Indeed and I see that coming right up. :X its gonna be brutal.

Sollum
August 18, 2012, 03:17 PM
What Sting saw was Lighting Fire FALCO... Dragon PUNCH! It's nothing compared to the actual FL Mode

Hmm, i was thinking that maybe God Slayers are in fact Dragon Slayer Slayers.
Natsu ate Zancrows flame, yet he didn't enter Dragon Force mode.
I think that DS and GS magics are equal.

And since Natsu if fighting two Dragon Slayers, i hope he will start spitting black flames of WTF!

joshua019
August 18, 2012, 04:28 PM
My theory is that natsu, gajeel and wendy (1st gen) are in fact are dragons or partial dragons, and for humans to be dragon slayer they need lacryma crystal, the only therefore the only difference between 2nd gen and 3rd gen are they are thought by actual dragon which is a big difference they have fundamental which they can build upon.

Lozmaster
August 18, 2012, 05:30 PM
What Sting saw was Lighting Fire FALCO... Dragon PUNCH! It's nothing compared to the actual FL Mode
It wasn't the same as immediately after he ate the Lightning magic, no. But Luxus is not going to be allowed to throw the entirety of his magic into the arena for Natsu to eat. That's pretty much what Fire-Lightning mode looks like it's going to be when NAtsu is doing it completely under his own power.

Hmm, i was thinking that maybe God Slayers are in fact Dragon Slayer Slayers.
Natsu ate Zancrows flame, yet he didn't enter Dragon Force mode.

All that proves is that Zancrows flame wasn't nearly as strong a magic as Etherion (obviously) Or the Flame that Jellal created, which Natsu described as "like eating Etherion", meaning it was an incredibly powerful spell.

joshua019
August 18, 2012, 08:04 PM
It wasn't the same as immediately after he ate the Lightning magic, no. But Luxus is not going to be allowed to throw the entirety of his magic into the arena for Natsu to eat. That's pretty much what Fire-Lightning mode looks like it's going to be when NAtsu is doing it completely under his own power.

All that proves is that Zancrows flame wasn't nearly as strong a magic as Etherion (obviously) Or the Flame that Jellal created, which Natsu described as "like eating Etherion", meaning it was an incredibly powerful spell.

but when natsu ate god slayer flame, he had to empty all his magic first. so does that means when natsu ate something with high magic content it must be within his magic capacity? or does that just for GS magic?

Blooper
August 18, 2012, 09:33 PM
I guess this fight has been going for quite a few minutes already, so it might be nearing the time cap... So when something awesome is about to happen it'll end without a real conclusion. (I'll be real mad if this happens but i actually consider it a very likely possibility)

SerpentTailedAngel
August 18, 2012, 10:50 PM
but when natsu ate god slayer flame, he had to empty all his magic first. so does that means when natsu ate something with high magic content it must be within his magic capacity? or does that just for GS magic?

I'd imagine it's just for GS magic. Rave Master facts notwithstanding, Etherion is presented as the highest magic power around in the FT verse. If there were any issues with magic capacity with GS magic then no way would eating Etherion have worked.

Sollum
August 19, 2012, 03:31 AM
I guess this fight has been going for quite a few minutes already, so it might be nearing the time cap... So when something awesome is about to happen it'll end without a real conclusion. (I'll be real mad if this happens but i actually consider it a very likely possibility)

"Dark Knight" can always extend the fight :>

Tame
August 19, 2012, 04:48 AM
Poor Gajeel!! If it hadn't been for Natsu shoving him off on the cart then I'd have rated this chapter Epic.

Marche
August 19, 2012, 05:04 AM
Now I will write what I believe will happened in the next chapter:
I believe that at the beginning of the next chapter Natsu will fight only with Sting, Rogue will not immediately start to fight.
Sting will enter again in his dragon force mode, and Natsu will fight using even his lighting mode.
I don’t believe that Natsu will dominate so easily just like in chapter 294, they will be almost equal, perhaps Natsu will be a little in advantage.
I believe this because otherwise there would not be any match later.
Anyways I believe that after a bit even Rogue will fight Natsu (perhaps because Sting will ask it, or most likely Gemma will order it).

As I already said in the topic of the last chapters I believe that the match will end with a draw, for this I will believe that we will have two scenarios.
1) The time limit will end before that Sting and Rogue will be able to knocking down Natsu.
2) Gazille will return.
I don’t know if alone, with his only strength (he will be able to leave it or most likely he will eat it, counting that it’s made of metal) or perhaps because the various clash of the fight will overthrow the wagon).
If this will happened I believe that immediately after Gazille’s return the time limit will end (I don’t know if this will happened just in the next chapter or if Gazille will return at the end of the next chapter but the match will end at the beginning of the chapter 297.

I must say that I fear that after his return Gazille could knock down Natsu and fight alone against Sting and Rogue.
I really hope this will not happened, this would be really sucks, the only thing that would sucks more than that would be if Sabertooth will be declare the winner because Gazille was knocking down by Natsu (anyways I don’t that Gemma would be accept this, I believe that he would prefer a draw than a victory like that).

Anyways if will happened one of the scenarios that I wrote above I believe that Gazille has been put in that wagon because in this way he will not be able to see Rogue’s power, as Rogue behaves when he attacks or defends himself, and will be for this reason that Gazille will lose against Rogue in the next day of the tournament.

P.S: I forgot to say that I would really like to see Minerva’s reaction to the fight, her surprise, her shock.

Impossibility
August 19, 2012, 07:52 AM
Um, ridiculous. Epic. The Dragon Forces were awesome. The action was top-notch. The reaction of Natsu & Gajeel was unbelievable. The 'Come On' was hilarious. Just amazing. Definitely worth the wait.

joshua019
August 19, 2012, 12:33 PM
1) People, why don't you believe that Sting killed his dragon? The likes of you made Lector cry :-_-
2) The Stadium is on the mountain so there might be some mines so mining cart was not that random.
3) Can you get enough of Sting's WTF faces? No you can't :3c

If he cant even beat natsu without using DF then there is no way he could have beaten a dragon.. That dragon is probably just pretending dead or the dragon let sting to kill it!

Lector, pisses me off! he is the most annoying exceed in FT!

REN KOUEN
August 19, 2012, 01:27 PM
i think natsu is going to open a serious can of whoop ass

not sure if sting and rogue will use DF again but natsu seems very confident

i have a feeling we will see some type of power up from natsu maybe not dragon force but he will definitely bring up the intensity

Edelheld
August 19, 2012, 02:56 PM
If he cant even beat natsu without using DF then there is no way he could have beaten a dragon.. That dragon is probably just pretending dead or the dragon let sting to kill it!
He said himself that he hadn't defeated the dragon, only killed him. So don't even look at his power level 'cos it has nothing to do with that. He could've just delivered the last finishing blow to heavily wounded dragon.

zerocooldx
August 19, 2012, 05:44 PM

Lector, pisses me off! he is the most annoying exceed in FT!

Well according to the flashback Sting was a kid when he "killed" Vice Logia. Which means that there were some colossal circumstances surrounding what happened. My guess is that both Vice Logia and Skyadrum sacrificed themselves to Sting and Rogue by allowing themselves to be "killed". They did this so that a Lacrima could be created from their bodies, thus creating a third generation DS. Of course thats assuming that a DS Lacrima is created from the body of a dragon.

llamapie
August 19, 2012, 06:41 PM
Well according to the flashback Sting was a kid when he "killed" Vice Logia. Which means that there were some colossal circumstances surrounding what happened. My guess is that both Vice Logia and Skyadrum sacrificed themselves to Sting and Rogue by allowing themselves to be "killed". They did this so that a Lacrima could be created from their bodies, thus creating a third generation DS. Of course thats assuming that a DS Lacrima is created from the body of a dragon.

I'd have to go back but when Laxus' dad was explaining his lightning power I'm pretty sure he said it was from a dead dragon. I'm too lazy to find the page though.

Franklyn D. Kieran
August 19, 2012, 08:07 PM
I don't see why so many people have an issue with Fairy Tail winning. I don't see why it would affect the final battle so much? I'd rather see Natsu and Gajeel (If he returns) pummel Sting and Rogue now, and have the final team battle focus on Erza against Minerva and Kagura, that's what I'm more interested in. There is also Gray I want to see with some improvement form before.

There is also the fact that the Dragon Slayers will always get a chance to shine more than the other characters, especially when there seems to be actual dragons on the rise soon enough.

THM Nindo
August 19, 2012, 08:15 PM
Well, there's winning and winning...
Winning is fine, but winning like if it was nothing is just boring...

I mean... I'd like Natsu and Gajeel to win after giving it all, kinda like Lucy did when she was pummeled by Minerva (well, she didn't win, but she did show that she was ready to die for her guild).
When Rogue and Sting use their strongest technique and that almost didn't hurt Natsu at all, it's boring (Epic, in a kind of way, but still boring...)à

I'm happy that the Fairy Tail guild are showing everyone just how awesome they are (Erza, Laxus, and now Natsu), but not like that...
This is just... I don't know...

kuroSaki_Ichi
August 19, 2012, 08:16 PM
I find Lighting Fire Dragon mode okish, but I actually prefer God Dragon Slayer more. Anyone agree with me?

My predictions for the next chapter is probably what everyone is expecting too, Natsu kicking both their asses and then probably Erza is next. I cannot wait to see Sting on the floor and his exceed in shock. I really hate his exceed.

Zehahaha
August 20, 2012, 03:13 AM
I'd have to go back but when Laxus' dad was explaining his lightning power I'm pretty sure he said it was from a dead dragon. I'm too lazy to find the page though.

Ivan never said such a thing, he only said that Lacrima are worth a lot of money which is needed to fight against Fairy Tail
It was Gajeel btw who said " You used dragon erosion magic lacrima you said ? "

And god know what does that mean, although, in cnet translation, Gajeel said " Lachryma that allows you to use Dragon Slayer magic?!! " instead of " dragon erosion whatever "

tobeulp
August 20, 2012, 04:31 AM

I mean... I'd like Natsu and Gajeel to win after giving it all, kinda like Lucy did when she was pummeled by Minerva (well, she didn't win, but she did show that she was ready to die for her guild).
When Rogue and Sting use their strongest technique and that almost didn't hurt Natsu at all, it's boring (Epic, in a kind of way, but still boring...)à

I'm happy that the Fairy Tail guild are showing everyone just how awesome they are (Erza, Laxus, and now Natsu), but not like that...

The underdog manage to somehow wins is already been done in a lot of shounen manga including Fairy Tail (ex. Grimoire Heart when makarov lost most here thinks FT will lose).

Fairy Tail manga main weakness is that they always win but in this arc they are just reclaiming their #1 position from the past so if they win here it is plausible.

Chris38
August 20, 2012, 05:27 AM
I'm kind of late to the party, but still that was an pretty interesting chapter.

Although, I'm getting more certain that this will be the last fight Sting and Rouge are going to have in the GMG tournament - after all, I doubt that Hiro would give us 3 (maybe more) chapters concentrated on a single fight, if he had actually been planing on making a rematch between Natsu X Sting and Rouge X Gajeel (which has been sort of put into the background, since... for now it seems that the Natsu X Sting rivalry has more focus.

I also have to say that, I'm a little disappointed in the promise that Sting made with Lector... I mean, what does laughing about the fact that Sting is lying when he says that he has defeated a dragon (something, which I have some serious considerations, on actually being the truth, the more we learn about how strong Sting and Rouge actually are)

I mean, if Sting and Rouge aren't capable of defeating Natsu and Gajeel, even when they use DF, then what does it say about them actually beating a dragon ? Unless the dragons that have thought Sting and Rouge DS magic are seriously weak, or their has been some other circumstances behind their deaths (if they are actually dead), I don't think that it's possible for Sting and Rouge to defeat a dragon, at least considering ,what we have seen on how powerful dragons can be... so far.

And Lucy's frequent appearances in the infirmary, make me think that something might have happen to her, pretty soon, with the whole Eclipse plan that needs her.

Of course, I assumed that it won't happen so quickly, but who knows, maybe Hiro decided to speed things up, a little bit ?

jacke12
August 20, 2012, 08:14 AM
Nice chapter, I enjoyed the developments and it was a lot of fun.
I couldn't help but laugh when natsu pushed gajeel on a mining cart. Why in the hell was the lever working though? Such a huge coincidence that there just happened to be a functional lever and a functional cart with rails among all the random destruction.
I totally agree with you on this one with Gajeel's new motion sickness it was pure humor and where the heck that lever appeared from I saw it only on one panel and I think Gajeel could go out of the cart before it started moving.

NAM61
August 20, 2012, 09:56 AM

i actually like what is happening that rogue and sting are not hurting natsu and gajeel. shows that if it was not for fairy tails member disappearing ST would never be number one. and i think that this is different type of fight for rogue and sting. they probably never faced a powerful opponent or fought for life and death. unlike natsu and the rest of FT they have fought against powerful opponents trying to kill them. like vs gerald, hades, zero and others. but i think this is porbably the first time ST has actually faced a truly powerful opponent. and natsua nd gajeel are showing their experience.

matzik1212
August 20, 2012, 02:17 PM
Amazing :blai

At 1st i thought they were gonna get beaten to death but lol just what i would expect from Natsu :XD I'm so looking forward to his 2vs 1 fight :wtf That flame he showed there seems different . I'm getting fired up dammit :x3

And almost forgot , can't believe he did that to Gajeel :lmao I pity the guy :XD

ghostexiled
August 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
I just finished editing some members post...

You guys really can't care enough to follow the rules when asked.

STOP posting comments about other mangas... you are spoiling members that have not read those mangas. It is also against the rules to post about such off-topic subject matter.

This kinda behavior may be allowed in the Big 3 sections, but they operate on a completely different set of rules. So trying to justify that you get away with such behavior somewhere else has no ground here.

I have warned you guys enough... that me alone doesn't seem to do the trick.

So anymore "Rule Breaking" will warrant an IM from a Global.

moonster x
August 20, 2012, 05:47 PM
to think of it.. this is just the 2nd time Natsu fight 2 opponents at once... back then with a mercenary guild (forgot the name)Vanish brother.. his flame shows that "come on" word too...(don't consider the one with Toby and Yuka at Demon island 2 vs 1) don't know about anime either..and this is a good time for Natsu to showing his overwhelming power. beside i don't see much of team FT easy win beside Cana borrowed Fairy Glitter and Laxus fight RT.. err.. don't know if Mira and Jenny battle is easy but the swimsuits contest is kinda competitive too:derp

ace17
August 21, 2012, 07:01 AM
sabertooth is number 1 they said, sting and rogue killrd their dragons they said. yea right they cant even beat natsu and gajeel i felt like i was being trolled when natsu and gajeel got up like it was all part of the plan

REN KOUEN
August 21, 2012, 01:05 PM
it seems like natsu definitely has a plan up his sleeve, he was able to analyze stings movements, i wonder if DF is a limited duration transformation due to the energy/magic power it consumes, if so rogue may have wasted his transformation all together

kkck
August 21, 2012, 03:51 PM
it seems like natsu definitely has a plan up his sleeve, he was able to analyze stings movements, i wonder if DF is a limited duration transformation due to the energy/magic power it consumes, if so rogue may have wasted his transformation all together

Interesting question. So far DF has been the result of consumption of a huge and overwhelming amount of magic (ethereon and as gerard described it all of his magic power) so it is a bit of a question just how sting and rogue achieved this. Now, the other thing to consider is that DF has actually been described as the actual power of dragons. If we assume that dragon lachrima and real DS magic together result in a more dragonlike transformation then perhaps that very transformation in itself results in the user naturally having more magic. Basically as dragons are more powerful than humans they becoming more like dragons actually increases their volume of magic so perhaps the time limit would simply be whatever their stamina allows them as beings dragon like enough to have an actual dragon's power.

ace17
August 22, 2012, 01:12 AM
some1 might have already said this but what if sting and rogue really killed their parents in order to make a dragon lacrimas and with putting inside them making a new generation that would explain y they have a lacrima in the first place i think

Jirachier
August 22, 2012, 01:52 AM
some1 might have already said this but what if sting and rogue really killed their parents in order to make a dragon lacrimas and with putting inside them making a new generation that would explain y they have a lacrima in the first place i think

The only way that it would be possible is if there are weak dragons and Sting/Rogue's parents were one of them but Igneel and the other ones I don't think anyone can actually defeat them unless he's at the highest level of dragon slayer, I mean you saw how Acnlologia destroyed an entire island with a single dragon roar, how do you except to defeat that and turn it into the lacrima.(Also this theory could also explain why Sting and Rogue's dragon magic is consideraly weaker to that of Natsu/Gajeel, because it's that of weaker dragons).

Now for the next chapters of this battle here is how I think things are going to turn out:
The spectators will go "what he's going to take both of them alone ?"
then Natsu will start using his lightning-fire dragon mode (I still don't like this ability seeing how it really doesn't make any sense, he's a fire dragon slayer so why can he produce or even absorb lightning ._.) launch himself into Rogue and Sting's direction, they will be pushed back at first and then after some talk with Natsu while battling they'll realize that some kind of value, probably about friendship or something which will motivate them and this time they will be the ones pushing natsu back and cos 2v1 and that's when Gajeel would appear(the chariot he's in will probably hit a rock and turn over) and it will become a 2v2 and Natsu+Gajeel will now defeat them.

Chris38
August 22, 2012, 02:45 AM
I haven't seen it being mentioned, and I don't know if this is an approbate thread for this, but a special Fairy Tail chapter has apparently been released by manga stream yesterday.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/94264197/1.

thefreak
August 22, 2012, 06:09 AM
What i really wish that the games should finish and establish FT as no 1. then the all crap with that plan should go... but we all know that's not going to happen.
The last two chapters were so super epic. cant wait for this match to come to an conclusion. I have never waited for next chapter so much. Currently for me this is the best manga out there. Other seem just too slow... cant wait for friday-saturday. Aaaaarrrghhh...

adbanginwar
August 23, 2012, 11:12 AM
natsu can use fire and lightning together, i wonder if and when runs out of power he can bring out that black flame from god slayer. that would be pretty neat.

Jammin
August 23, 2012, 12:10 PM
I just wanted to say, though I almost never find the time to actually post in this section, I think Fairy Tail is utterly spectacular right now.

Even though I usually hate battle tournaments, I'm enjoying it more than pretty much all other manga's of it's type that I'm reading It's not that it's doing anything all that complicated either it's just doing what it does so well and with such overpowering charisma that every chapter leaves me with a huge grin on my face.:grin

This chapter was just one more example of that for me. Natsu just just never stops doing insanely awesome, or awesomely insane, things

Lozmaster
August 23, 2012, 01:47 PM
The only way that it would be possible is if there are weak dragons and Sting/Rogue's parents were one of them but Igneel and the other ones I don't think anyone can actually defeat them unless he's at the highest level of dragon slayer, I mean you saw how Acnlologia destroyed an entire island with a single dragon roar, how do you except to defeat that and turn it into the lacrima.(Also this theory could also explain why Sting and Rogue's dragon magic is consideraly weaker to that of Natsu/Gajeel, because it's that of weaker dragons)

I already posted a theory similar to Aces on a few forums before, not sure if this was one of them.

They don't have to be weak dragons, all they have to do is have willingly become lacrima for their children, Sting and Rogue.

REN KOUEN
August 23, 2012, 03:00 PM
since natsu ate that etherion lacrima at the tower of heaven i would think he could eventuall have the ability to envoke DF of his own free will

adbanginwar
August 23, 2012, 09:29 PM
since natsu ate that etherion lacrima at the tower of heaven i would think he could eventuall have the ability to envoke DF of his own free will

i think it requires good amount of magic to activate DF. Both times when he did activate it; it was after eating etherion or taking power from jellal.

SerpentTailedAngel
August 23, 2012, 10:38 PM
If Mashima wants to give Natsu the ability to go DF and say that's why then I'll be able to swallow the idea, but at the moment it seems like it's been too long since the ToH incident for Natsu to still feel any effects from it.

llamapie
August 23, 2012, 11:10 PM
If Mashima wants to give Natsu the ability to go DF and say that's why then I'll be able to swallow the idea, but at the moment it seems like it's been too long since the ToH incident for Natsu to still feel any effects from it.

We've seen natsu's power up. Its very likely he could learn how to unleash it this arc, not this fight - but this arc.

ace17
August 24, 2012, 12:05 AM
i have a feeling that natsu, gajeel and wendy r ganna go df by the end of this arc btw r we getting a ch this week?

shnugin
August 24, 2012, 12:41 AM
Yea, we have a chapter this week. it'll probably come out tonight err.. well night time in Asia. so in like 8hours or so

khaja_200923
August 24, 2012, 12:59 AM
Pre Time Skip in year x784 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/295/19 here Sting is at max 10 yrs old, and claims to have killed his dragon parent.
All The Dragons disappeared in year x777, so if he did defeated a dragon he must have done it before they had disappeared. At that time Sting and Rogue must have been 2 or 3 yrs old.
How the hell can a 3 yr old baby kill a mighty dragon. Moreover can babies even remember things from when they were 2/3 yr old. Much less the desire or motivation to kill someone..
Clearly they weren't lying when they said they killed their dragon parents to lecter, natsu & gajeel.
Then the obvious answer is that their memory of killing dragons is manipulated one.
-->Now to which point is their memory a manipulated one? who manipulated their memory?
and to what end?

ace17
August 24, 2012, 01:33 AM
i wanna know y they need lacrimas in the first place, if they r trained by dragons already what would they need it honestly is it bcus they r so weak that they need lacrimas?

JunKisaragi
August 24, 2012, 01:48 AM
Pre Time Skip in year x784 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/295/19 here Sting is at max 10 yrs old, and claims to have killed his dragon parent.
All The Dragons disappeared in year x777, so if he did defeated a dragon he must have done it before they had disappeared. At that time Sting and Rogue must have been 2 or 3 yrs old.
How the hell can a 3 yr old baby kill a mighty dragon. Moreover can babies even remember things from when they were 2/3 yr old. Much less the desire or motivation to kill someone..
Clearly they weren't lying when they said they killed their dragon parents to lecter, natsu & gajeel.
Then the obvious answer is that their memory of killing dragons is manipulated one.
-->Now to which point is their memory a manipulated one? who manipulated their memory?
and to what end?

Or Weisslogia and Skyadrum could have just asked those two to kill them and they just pretended to be dead. Being kids, they believed they have "killed" their own Dragon.

Another theory is that they were already dying, and the two just gave the finishing blow to their respective parent dragon. This would be more plausible as they say that they have Lacrimas implanted in them (which could be from their parents' corpses).

Unless of course, if their Lacrima is of a different element (no evidence to support this yet as so far they've only managed to show only one: Shadow and Light), then the first theory is possible and that both Dragons are still alive and well.

Oh 296, where are you? :3

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

i wanna know y they need lacrimas in the first place, if they r trained by dragons already what would they need it honestly is it bcus they r so weak that they need lacrimas?

We haven't seen them eat anything yet (ala Natsu eating Etherion or Flame of Rebuke), so it's possible that they need the Lacrima to activate Dragon Force.

Aranilas
August 24, 2012, 03:58 AM
I doubt, that Sting & Rouge were just 3 years old. We already assessed, that these two are at the same age as Wendy (before the time skip) and Wendy wasn't 3 years old when Geradine disappeard. Maybe Sting said those words to Lector, while Natsu already was "away" ?

By the way, I really hope, that Natsu DON'T use dragon force now! I hope the battle ends in a draw. If he beat them by now, the tag ballte would be less interesing (ok, there are the other team members, but what should happen to the 4 DS?)
Think about it - where would be the gain, if Natsu uses his stronges "attack" by now? I think or hope, Mashima holds this option back till the tag battle or thill the dragons arrive!

SerpentTailedAngel
August 24, 2012, 04:16 AM
Besting a dragon at age 5 isn't much more likely. Even 6, if you want to say that time of the year made a difference (somehow)

I'm hoping Natsu manages to just hold them off for the half an hour. Or the two combine just barely beat him in time, but the Gajeel comes back so it's still a draw. That way they get to win by one point in the final event and make Sting eat his words from day 2.

Also, the more I think about it the more I really hope that one of them will turn out to be Wendy's younger brother.

Kuza
August 24, 2012, 05:07 AM
Besting a dragon at age 5 isn't much more likely. Even 6, if you want to say that time of the year made a difference (somehow)

I'm hoping Natsu manages to just hold them off for the half an hour. Or the two combine just barely beat him in time, but the Gajeel comes back so it's still a draw. That way they get to win by one point in the final event and make Sting eat his words from day 2.

Also, the more I think about it the more I really hope that one of them will turn out to be Wendy's younger brother.

You've got some math problems. If it would have been a draw, they would be like 40 for FT and 49 for St and in that case FT would have needed to win not with 1 score difference but with 10 to win the tourn, which means they must be 1st in last event and ST must be last.. I doubt this way of things could happen :)