PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 340 Discussions [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2

Predator
January 26, 2007, 08:23 AM
Fast link to the newest chapter is Here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13907.0).

And what do we see this time? :blink

A memorable scene of a Shikamaru like never before. Such a cold-blooded expression! Fantastic! A complete opposite to Hidans crazy-as-always one. Don't you forget to wave him "Bye bye", as he won't probably be back. (Congrats to all, who guessed right.)
And then ... the fight we all wanted to see - Naruto vs. Kakuzu. Instead of his usual tactics with clones going poof without any real application, this time he's using them to see the strength and behaviour of the opponent. Then a little memory scene explaining us, why did Kakashi have his arm binded and ......
...:blink ....... What?! ...... Fuuton Rasengan form (RasenShuriken) already? ..... This early? ...... What's going on?!

And Predictions are ON! .... Please tell me what would happen next, if you were Kishimoto! :amuse

But .... for current chapter discussions we have the 339 Discussion Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13485.0).

And remember not to reveal any spoilers from the spoilers discussion board or you will be in trouble!_________________________________________________

Get all your 340 goodies here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=14235.0).

Discussion starts here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13910.msg306481#msg306481).

Rokudaime Hokage
January 26, 2007, 08:58 AM
Destructo Disc will kill 2 hearts of hidan... after that anything is possible

lol I just realized I accidentally wrote Hidan instead of Kakuzu.

Gold Knight
January 26, 2007, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't say Shikamaru had a cold-blooded expression. I think it was more of him taking pity on him and thinking about how he wished he had never had to deal with a character like Hidan in the first place, too, and his sensei would have still been alive. I think it was more of a sorrowful face.

Anyway: Pretty cool move by Naruto, and I think it will be a long range jutsu. More details later on in my Comments ^^

atal
January 26, 2007, 09:10 AM
Shikamaru checkmate the moron of hidad hahaha(I predicted remember but many dont beleave) then its so easy the first character in this manga is Uzumaky Naruto them ist so easy he destroyed that kakuzu (mouth of spagetty)and finally newchaperts began. Too long battlle.

I wait a minute what the hell is Sakura and Sai uhmmmm very veryyy suspicious/ ohh men not again another too long batttle its hedan never die!???? :noworry

laughing@you
January 26, 2007, 09:12 AM
Kakaku's defeat is at hand!!!

buaaaaaaaaaaahahaha

yeah little over the top!!!

SnailBeast
January 26, 2007, 09:14 AM
I predict it will be too had to control such suriken thing if it is close combat thing...
but also i don`t know if he able to throw it. also he mb able to incrise/decrise radius of that desdisk...
remember, it is only about 50%

razor
January 26, 2007, 09:44 AM
lolmhidan buried alive.hahahahaha.btw,next chapter prediction:-

1.naruto attack kakuzu but kakuzu fast dodge it but it still not enough time as the new rasengan/jutsu i really fast and destroy his two more hearts.so,kakuzu will get more angry with only one heart left and force him to use special jutsu(Ultimate jutsu ,same like sasori used his 100 puppets attack).and but wait,i really want hidan will be back in business(maybe 340 or few chapters ahead).yeah

zelllogan
January 26, 2007, 09:48 AM
Shika made a mistake. Hidan is definitively going to come back. Maybe not by himself but akatsuki need the ring and so they could take hidan at the same time (zetsu).

Kazeken, Itari
January 26, 2007, 09:56 AM
I think that Naruto will definitely take out or at least critically wound Kakuzu with this new jutsu. I would think that the reason it's only 50% because of it's size and ability to control it. He can only throw the Rasen Shuriken of this size and still be effective. It'll probably be uber-fast since it is wind after all.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

sahugani
January 26, 2007, 09:59 AM
i think if zetsu comes for hidan's ring, he wont save hidan. remember that a)hidan lost badly, b) his attitude makes him unpopular, c)he's already gotten his assigned bijuu

as for naruto, i can't see this being long range. it just goes against his style too much. i would elaborate more, but i've got to take care of some things right now

Gigga
January 26, 2007, 10:00 AM
even if zetsu comes back to get the ring its going to take a lot of time to patch his body back up. they dont know any healing jutsus, they just try to attach body parts back, so they will have their hands full with a blown up one...

I predict Naruto will send in the kage bushins that made the rasen shruiken to hold kakuzu down, then kakuzu will try to fend off the blow with his fire mask, but then there will be a little history scene saying how a jutsu of equal strength can only be bested by an elemental weakness, and the fire wont be able to hold back naruto's wind and he will get cut the F... up :D

animemania
January 26, 2007, 10:02 AM
Man this chapter was great :tem, I love how naruto can better use his KB and better yet the cool new jutsu.

For the next chapter, I think the first attack naruto will do on kakuzu will fail because its a wind type jutsu and zakuzu has fire. Also naruto may not be using the new rasengan as a thrown weapon but as a spinning bladed shield. This would be perfect against his tentacles since he won't be able to grab him.

I just have a feeling that his first attack will only allow him to get close and better observe how zakuzu will handle a close range fight. This fight probably will go on with help from his team until they can get rid of his fire mask. Then it'll be over for kakuzu.

We will probably see shika's rescue team next chapter but i doubt that Hidan will ever get back in the game to fight. His body is in pieces and reinforcements are on their way

MasterOdin
January 26, 2007, 10:08 AM
Naruto said that he needed three more clones to attack Kakuzu after testing his speed. I believe that the will send out the three clones to either occupy Kakuzu or hold him, while Naruto throws his rassashuriken (or whatever it is called). The only thing I am unsure about is if Kakuzu will live or completely be destroyed.

King
January 26, 2007, 10:18 AM
I don't think this new jutsu is the limit of Naruto's growth, or at least I don't want to think so. The thing that's always been lacking in Naruto is the ability to perform speed jutsu. Once Kakuzu dodges the shuriken, or even if it takes out a heart, Naruto won't have the time to prepare another one before Kakuzu counterattacks, which makes me think that Naruto has something else up his sleeve, or at least that his better use of the Kage Bunshin will buy him time.

sahugani
January 26, 2007, 10:24 AM
The thing that's always been lacking in Naruto is the ability to perform speed jutsu. Once Kakuzu dodges the shuriken, or even if it takes out a heart, Naruto won't have the time to prepare another one before Kakuzu counterattacks, which makes me think that Naruto has something else up his sleeve, or at least that his better use of the Kage Bunshin will buy him time.

thats one of the reasons i believe its close range. in preperation for the sasuke fight, naruto should be working on his speed not long range jutsu. the rasenshuriken is most likely similar to chidori in that he creates it once and holds onto it for multiple attacks like kakashi did in the gaiden. learning to dodge and use the wind chakra to handle counters would be great for speed training

ShadowStrike
January 26, 2007, 10:31 AM
kishi's gonna show how shadow clones are gonna be much smarter and get kakuzu to take the new jutsu.. will probably kill one of kakuzu's lives.... hidan somehow revives and shikamaru will be saved by sai

we will see maybe ino and chouji get involved when naruto is tired.... and of course yamato must show his worth by going solo against kakuzu

Donils
January 26, 2007, 10:41 AM
hidan somehow revives and shikamaru will be saved by sai

How exactly will he somehow revive with probably 10 tons of rock on top of him in an extremely deep hole? His head is probably crushed.

If Kishi says the fight is over, then it's over.

Slashout
January 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
I don't think that the purpose of the new justsu is to be a closed range weapon. After all it's a wind shuriken, the purpose of a shuriken is to be thrown most of the time.

Also do you remember what happened when Naruto went to Hiruma (Shikamaru's sensei, that's his name right? I have a blank). He demonstrate the use of the wind ability. And the example was a Kunai imbued of wind thrown through a stone. I believe the rasengan will act as the Kunai. The rasengan will be "imbued" with wind and that way by throwing the rasengan, the Rasenshuriken or whatever will be able to be a long/middle distance jutsu.

However I believe the half remaining, is the capacity to throw the rasengan, that naruto still can't do. That's why, until the justu is complete, naruto will use it as a close range jutsu.

Ps: forgive my bad english.

sahugani
January 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
i understand your arguement Slashout and it does hold up pretty well (and btw it was Asuma), but it doesn't concider all the factors. Kakuzu knows the power behind it and thus knows to dodge it as he stated. If Naruto misses, he will need the 2 KB and time to remake it and kakuzu would not give him this time now that he sees its power. in order for Naruto to use a brand new jutsu of the long range type (which he hasnt done before) and which the enemy is already preparing to dodge, he'd need Tenten's predisposed accuracy (i hate complimenting her), which he does not have. then also as i stated before, the jutsu in a long range form would not be very effective against Sasuke, who is most likely better at dodging it than Kakuzu. if Naruto trains this as a long range jutsu, he's setting himself up for sasuke to dodge and then counterattack quickly. by using it close range, it forces him into speed training similar to when sasuke was learning speed for the thrust of chidori. Athough naruto doesn't have the sharingan to see counters in this high speed state, the span of the rasenshuriken would act as a wind chakra shield that counters enemy attacks when naruto trails it behind him. the close range form is much more suitable for combat with sasuke, and that is the original intent of this jutsu

Rokudaime Hokage
January 26, 2007, 11:03 AM
maybe Naruto will be able to do not only a Rasen Shuriken but a Rasen Katana that would be awesome...

Slashout
January 26, 2007, 11:07 AM
Indeed but if you think about it, since he would be using it (until he master it fully) as a closed range jutsu, he should still has that ability once the jutsu mastered. Giving him a jutsu for closed range as well as long/middlfe range.
Also as stated by Kakashi "wind cut through everything", I don't think he will only be waving it at close range to fulfill that cutting ability of the wind, that's kind of lame, if that was the case the range would be a little bigger and the jutsu wouldn't have a circular form, but something more like a sword/spear, so at close range it should mostly be used as a shield. But then what about the other hand? If you use a shield you can't really go giving punches to the ennemy. You usually have a spear of a sword since there is a little distance between you created by the shield. But Naruto has none of those. He does not have a justu to make up for that distance either.

(thanks for clearing up Asuma's name ^^)

zelllogan
January 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
How exactly will he somehow revive with probably 10 tons of rock on top of him in an extremely deep hole? His head is probably crushed.

If Kishi says the fight is over, then it's over.

When kishi say something , it's sometimes exactly the contrary :). His head isn't crushed and he is definitively going to come back sooner or later.

GPZrag
January 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
i understand your arguement Slashout and it does hold up pretty well (and btw it was Asuma), but it doesn't concider all the factors. Kakuzu knows the power behind it and thus knows to dodge it as he stated. If Naruto misses, he will need the 2 KB and time to remake it and kakuzu would not give him this time now that he sees its power. in order for Naruto to use a brand new jutsu of the long range type (which he hasnt done before) and which the enemy is already preparing to dodge, he'd need Tenten's predisposed accuracy (i hate complimenting her), which he does not have. then also as i stated before, the jutsu in a long range form would not be very effective against Sasuke, who is most likely better at dodging it than Kakuzu. if Naruto trains this as a long range jutsu, he's setting himself up for sasuke to dodge and then counterattack quickly. by using it close range, it forces him into speed training similar to when sasuke was learning speed for the thrust of chidori. Athough naruto doesn't have the sharingan to see counters in this high speed state, the span of the rasenshuriken would act as a wind chakra shield that counters enemy attacks when naruto trails it behind him. the close range form is much more suitable for combat with sasuke, and that is the original intent of this jutsu

take it easy man.. this is a predictions thread so let's just hear the predictions instead of claiming your owns as you were kishimoto... wtever... i think naruto will show something more "surprising", cause i think yamato already told him that the jutsu might be easy to be "dodged" so he will need a way to incapacitate the enemy... that's why i think naruto already figured out how to get kakuzu... maybe he knows a DOTON o.O... and he will trap kakuzu with that... :)

JeffDoogins
January 26, 2007, 11:18 AM
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY DESTRUCTO DISC!!

ok prediction here, as soon as kakazu dodges the thrown fuuton rasengan shuriken, it will explode and reveal a giant crater...and thats th end OR naruto will trick kakazu into grabbing naruto whilst holding the destructo disc or grab naruto and makes another destructo disc and blow the surrounding 500m radius into smithereins

derewque34
January 26, 2007, 11:21 AM
Also do you remember what happened when Naruto went to Hiruma (Shikamaru's sensei, that's his name right? I have a blank). He demonstrate the use of the wind ability. And the example was a Kunai imbued of wind thrown through a stone. I believe the rasengan will act as the Kunai. The rasengan will be "imbued" with wind and that way by throwing the rasengan, the Rasenshuriken or whatever will be able to be a long/middle distance jutsu.

However I believe the half remaining, is the capacity to throw the rasengan, that naruto still can't do. That's why, until the justu is complete, naruto will use it as a close range jutsu.

I assumed that Asuma demonstrated to Naruto the use of wind imbued kunai to show the difference with a normally thrown kunai. The new jutsu is not a mid or long range jutsu because in naruto333, we see naruto inside a whole supposedly made by his new half completed jutsu. So, this could mean that it is a close range jutsu.
With this in mind, I remarked that in the 333manga, the whole that the new ransegan make is more of an enlarged version of the impact of the normal rasengan.

I am just wondering what are the purpose of Sai and Sakura being sent to Shikamaru. Unless Kishi, prepares a surprise for us. Maybe, Akatsuki back up will arrive or Zetsu appearing out of nowhere and trying to kill Shikamaru.

The form of rasengan is the best form possible but naruto is given a new form for his complete jutsu. I think that it more like a complete dominance of the wind element. If any of you remember that during the tournament when Kabuto was taking to a commander of the sand village, the latter killed a leaf village spy by using a wind element technique. I think that naruto's complete jutsu will be something controlling wind element of this sort.

Well, its my first post. :smile-big

TechnoMagus
January 26, 2007, 12:03 PM
okay please don't hate me....hidan's hand/arm with the ring and holding the scythe did NOT fall into the pit and was blown elsewere. it twiggles, moves and the lunges at shikamaru and impales him. that way sakura would have something to do while sai fights off the hand/arm and pakkun digs hidan's head.

naruto uses the clones as bait/distraction/paperweight to make kakuzu stationary for his new jutsu.

xerohour
January 26, 2007, 12:09 PM
If i had to guess. The kaze-rasengan will have two uses. the first being used as a saw, in close quarter combat. The second use would be as a boomerang with an explosion possible (666, anyone).

Its also possible that naruto has complete controll over the kazengans path, or at least that would be the desired end result.

I think in this next chapter naruto will rush kakuzu from 4 angles simultanuesly, and force him off the ground where he cannot defend a thrown kazengan.

Simple!

kadoman
January 26, 2007, 12:16 PM
OK, it's too early for me to make predictions (I have to read it like, 10 times before I can think of predictions) but I want to make my mark in here so I can read everyone else's! :amuse

sahugani
January 26, 2007, 12:20 PM
take it easy man.. this is a predictions thread so let's just hear the predictions instead of claiming your owns as you were kishimoto... wtever... i think naruto will show something more "surprising", cause i think yamato already told him that the jutsu might be easy to be "dodged" so he will need a way to incapacitate the enemy... that's why i think naruto already figured out how to get kakuzu... maybe he knows a DOTON o.O... and he will trap kakuzu with that... :)

hehe...sorry. i realize that in this case the long range is a definate logical idea. i'm used to posting in One Piece where i get frustrated with random guesses based on desire and try to pound logic into them. and when did Yamato talk about the jutsu being easy to dodge?

godofthesunn
January 26, 2007, 12:21 PM
Did anyone notice how naruto had the kyubbi eyes when they did the close up on him on page 15, after doing some slight research i also noted that they arent always like that. however in most of 339 he does have the kyubbi eyes. Thus leading to my assumption that mabey naruto has the speed of the kyubbi now, or he at least let the first stage go, and by using that for speed he can get close enough to kazaku to inflict the one hit kill. with out being hurt.

Also note how kakashi looks at naruto's back and thus revealing that he now feels that he is not as strong as naruto , the same way he felt to youndaime.

I wish that shikamaru would have taken the ring from hidan, and then taken it back to konoha, thus making akustuki uber mad, same goes for kazaku once they kill him..

lets just hope no one shows up to help the poor member of akutsuki.

chos8n_1
January 26, 2007, 12:26 PM
my prediction is kakuzu and naruto continue to fight and kakuzu will meet his ends. like someone stated before, like sasori and deidara, sasori took off his cloak went all out and died. deidara half cloak left, still alive. kakuzu to me pretty much revealed his secrets, he will die like sasori. while hidan only lost half of his akatsuki cloak like deidara, he will survive. he is buried deep down still alive. so im going to assume by the end of next chapter since his body is down below blown to pieces zetsu will come to retreat the ring and get hidan out.

Slashout
January 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
Hidan got blow up right? so his cloack is as well I think :p. I think the argument of the cloack is a little strange though ;p. Still I think you are right, I believe hidan will live while Kakuzu will die. I mean even though Kakuzu seemed to be wining the fight before naruto's entrance, he did not seem all powerful anymore it got even worse after naruto came. While Hidan still seems a little mysterious with his imortality. And we know that he is still alive, the purpose of the hole is to "seal" him. Those might be strange arguments but it's just.. a feeling I have (I probably am wrong though <_<).
However I hope the fight will end in the next chapter or maybe the one after. I kinda want to move on and see what awaits us.
ps: please forgive my bad english.

vnaruto
January 26, 2007, 12:42 PM
Naruto and kakuzo are going to have a very intense along long fight, cmon kakuzo is akatsuki who fought first hokage there is no way he'd just die that easy its not going to be easy getting kakuzo i suppose we'll find out why naruto needs 3 bunshins....

I was also wondering if sasuke can suppress the kyuubi then naruto is pretty screwed isnt he ?

..... just a thought....
[br]Posted on: January 26, 2007, 12:38:22 PM_________________________________________________yeah the whole thing about the cloaks was a lil off i think i doubt that has anything to do with the extent of their powers.... sasori was a puppet master and he had all sorts of hidden puppets and paraphernalia kakuzo has shown us alot of his power he even said it like sasori... that he hadn't fought like this before ... or something to that effect... im pretty sure eventually hes going to die... we'll find out soon if hidan gets rescued or not.. but yeah even i wanna find out what happens next in the story.....

renrutal
January 26, 2007, 12:55 PM
I predict Naruto is going to play Dodgeball with Kakuzu.

And that's not the last time we've seen Hidan, but that was his last fight.

Next: Zetsu, Deidara and "The Great Tobi"

vnaruto
January 26, 2007, 12:55 PM
One of the jutsu's im really looking forward to is the wind element - fuuton rasengan, that looks amazing, although someone mentioned what i was really hoping to see a fuuton rasengan katana to obviously fight sasuke....

Another thing that got me thinking was that yamato also said naruto needs to learn some for of water nature manipulation because he has to have something to counter sasuke's katon....

and if you remember haku's advanced bloodline was use of ice which yamato explained was the combining of water in one hand and wind nature in the other.... so are we going to see naruto as an advanced bloodline character from now on..... its possible and makes sense to me somehow...

sahugani
January 26, 2007, 01:05 PM
One of the jutsu's im really looking forward to is the wind element - fuuton rasengan, that looks amazing, although someone mentioned what i was really hoping to see a fuuton rasengan katana to obviously fight sasuke....

Another thing that got me thinking was that yamato also said naruto needs to learn some for of water nature manipulation because he has to have something to counter sasuke's katon....

and if you remember haku's advanced bloodline was use of ice which yamato explained was the combining of water in one hand and wind nature in the other.... so are we going to see naruto as an advanced bloodline character from now on..... its possible and makes sense to me somehow...

yamato never said he should learn water. it was an example when describing weaknesses. as much as i would love to poke at all the holes in the "learn water element" idea, i'll refrain cause i've already done it twice or more in toshokan topics

as for next chapter i predict some close combat fighting with the rasenshuriken and maybe a little sidetrack as Sakura and Sai reach Shikamaru

godofthesunn
January 26, 2007, 01:09 PM
your right he didn't say that

Shouji
January 26, 2007, 01:17 PM
well , next chapter i think the other 2 masks of kazuzu will be gone , he will stay with only one hearth , kakashi says something like his fire power is gone and we will se kazuzu amazing doton tecnics , something that was not explored on the manga yet.

i think futher in the battle we will see kakashis face , his masks is ripping off little by little, maybe a sacrifice is coming ???

Dice
January 26, 2007, 01:23 PM
Mhh to the advanced bloodline-thing...I don't think so because for example Kakashi is able to use water and earth (like yamato) but he doesn't have the mokouton.

My prediction:
I guess we might see an intelligent way of naruto to attack Kakuzu with is futon-rasengan-shuriken. Then after some time he's finally able to hit him and everybody will be surprised about the damage (the landscape will be heavy damaged too, even more than during the training because that wasn't 50% i think). After recognizing the damage to the landscape everybody think Kakuzu is down. But near the end of the chapter Kakuzu appears again still in the smoke and yelling something like "fooled by a little brat! I'm gonna kill you all...!". Then the smoke disappears and we get to see that Kakuzu has lost two more hearts and he also seems worn out (Naruto did much damage to his body) and he will start to go beserk. That's the time were Yamato uses his Mokuton (to save the others, maybe Naruto will save Kakashi and Yamato the others) and the Kakuzu-Shodaime/Yamato-connection starts.
I think 340 will be Naruto's big time and in 341 Yamato might have a great time (I'm just guessing because of his relation to the first).

That's my prediction so far. I think at least some parts of it could come true...

noblue4u
January 26, 2007, 01:34 PM
My prediction:

1.) The new jutsu is long range.
2.) He'll be able to control its movement.
3.) The reason why Naruto thought to himself that he'd need at least three clones present to beat Kakuzu is because the jutsu will split into four smaller versions, controlled by said clones and original Naruto.

Eeeeee!

Shouji
January 26, 2007, 01:35 PM
Mhh to the advanced bloodline-thing...I don't think so because for example Kakashi is able to use water and earth (like yamato) but he doesn't have the mokouton.

My prediction:
I guess we might see an intelligent way of naruto to attack Kakuzu with is futon-rasengan-shuriken. Then after some time he's finally able to hit him and everybody will be surprised about the damage (the landscape will be heavy damaged too, even more than during the training because that wasn't 50% i think). After recognizing the damage to the landscape everybody think Kakuzu is down. But near the end of the chapter Kakuzu appears again still in the smoke and yelling something like "fooled by a little brat! I'm gonna kill you all...!". Then the smoke disappears and we get to see that Kakuzu has lost two more hearts and he also seems worn out (Naruto did much damage to his body) and he will start to go beserk. That's the time were Yamato uses his Mokuton (to save the others, maybe Naruto will save Kakashi and Yamato the others) and the Kakuzu-Shodaime/Yamato-connection starts.
I think 340 will be Naruto's big time and in 341 Yamato might have a great time (I'm just guessing because of his relation to the first).

That's my prediction so far. I think at least some parts of it could come true...

havent think in that kazuzu-shodaime-yamato connection .
That is a very good guess , kazuzu talking about shodaime wouldnt be for nothing

bennibb
January 26, 2007, 01:48 PM
I still dont think Hidan is gone for it. There has to be a reason that Sakura and Sai came to help him. Still, i think 1 of the Aka is gonna die. And it might me Hidan still (that is if Kakuzu gets away) One of them gotta tell the story to the rest. Unless Zetsu is watching, then I can accept that both dies :p

Naruto is probably gonna show som strenght as many has predicted. But hes not gonna don this by himself. Kakuzu I think is gonna figure out how Naruto is worknig and then Yamato steps in to bind him to his place so Naruto has better chance of hitting. 1 or 2 hearts should be gone before 242.

And to those who said Kakuzu looked week. Remember, he had THE Kakashi for the kill :mad. He doesnt look so week to me.

Wel I think that when this is over Kakashi finds himself at the hospital bed :smile-big

Askia
January 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
Good Chapter. I ws reading through the posts, and its amazing how many Hidan will be back predictions there are. One person even said his head is not smashed when rocks fail from at least 100 feet onto his head. Lets face it, he is not coming back. Zetsu wil probably get the ring, but that is it. Who is the person that stiches people back together in Akatsuki(chapter 332). Kakuzu. Its a complete contradiction to say Kakuzu will die in this fight and Hidan will live and be stiched together. And who else would do all that for Hidan when he was bashing Akatsuki in the first place. If somehow you still want to argue Hidan coming back, please start another thread, and this one be predictions of 340.

I do think Naruto has more up his sleeve. Yamato said he is completely different now, so showing the enemy his strong jusu, and giving them a large percentage to either dodge or counter attack is something the old Naruto would do. So to not contradict Yamato, Naruto probably has a whole lot up his sleeve that we have no idea. He might finally reveal stuff from the training with Jaraiya. I do like to see Naruto finally showing a cool head. This is one of the few times were Im getting the feeling that Naruto has complete control of the fight, even though he is fighting a super strong opponent. Honestly, I don't even want to predict. I just want to watch and enjoy, because I think we all have been waiting for this Naruto for awhile.

dmac
January 26, 2007, 02:05 PM
i predict that in this upcoming chapther kakuzu will be wounded by naruto's new jutsu and the chapter after that i see him dying so basically his time is up he gotta go

USC Trojans
January 26, 2007, 02:08 PM
Thats pretty much the end of Hidan. Although I predict that Zetsu (who's a scout/tracker for Akatsuki) will eventually show up in later chapters to take back the ring....and Hidan's crushed head will demand that Zetsu rescue him. Zetsu will say something like "you're pathetic" and leave Hidan in the hole, cursing like a sailor.

As for the Naruto - Kakuzu fight, Naruto will use many distractions based on what he learned with the kage bunshins and take out one of Kakuzu's hearts. Afterwards, Yamato will take out the other one....leading Kakuzu to attempt to escape.

xerohour
January 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
Good Chapter. I ws reading through the posts, and its amazing how many Hidan will be back predictions there are. One person even said his head is not smashed when rocks fail from at least 100 feet onto his head. Lets face it, he is not coming back. Zetsu wil probably get the ring, but that is it. Who is the person that stiches people back together in Akatsuki(chapter 332). Kakuzu. Its a complete contradiction to say Kakuzu will die in this fight and Hidan will live and be stiched together. And who else would do all that for Hidan when he was bashing Akatsuki in the first place. If somehow you still want to argue Hidan coming back, please start another thread, and this one be predictions of 340.

I do think Naruto has more up his sleeve. Yamato said he is completely different now, so showing the enemy his strong jusu, and giving them a large percentage to either dodge or counter attack is something the old Naruto would do. So to not contradict Yamato, Naruto probably has a whole lot up his sleeve that we have no idea. He might finally reveal stuff from the training with Jaraiya. I do like to see Naruto finally showing a cool head. This is one of the few times were Im getting the feeling that Naruto has complete control of the fight, even though he is fighting a super strong opponent. Honestly, I don't even want to predict. I just want to watch and enjoy, because I think we all have been waiting for this Naruto for awhile.

Rocks smashing into someones head do not constitute death in the world of naruto. Naruto took a scyscraper height pile driver and survived.

strongarm85
January 26, 2007, 02:18 PM
That last scene of Hidan kinda reminded me of the Black Knight from Montey Python and the Holy Grail.

As far as Hidan goes I can only think of one reason for us to have to see him again, it would be in the following scenario: (also for this summary the part of Zetsu will be played by Peter Griphon from Family guy)

Zetsu appears out of the ground sometime after the fighting is over and digs Hidan out of his grave.

Hidan says, "Ha, I knew you guys would know where I was thanks to the ring and now Kakuzu can put me back together again and I can reign now Jashin's punishment on that brat for blowing me up into tiny pieces and sealing me in this hole!

Zetsu replys, "Yeah, about that... Kakuzu is kinda dead now, and none of us have the ability to put you back together again. Plus even if he where alive. Infact, I doubt he could put you back together with you being in so many pieces like that. So your prety much useless to Akatsuki now. I basicly just came here for the ring."

"What! You Bastards! So your just going to take the ring and leave me here then!?"

"Actualy, I had to skip lunch to come all the way down here and get you, so I was thinking about eating you. You know they say you are what you eat, so I was wondering that maybe if I ate you, I'd become immortal too."

"Nooooo!"

-CRUNCH-

someguyudontknow
January 26, 2007, 02:20 PM
Predictions, Hidan is still alive, why? If it was possible to kill Hidan simply by smashing his head, Shikamaru would have no need for the giant hole. Whats the obvious reason for the giant hole? To trap Hidan there for all eternity. If Hidan can be simply killed by getting his head crushed, a more simpler idea is to blow up his body, which shikamaru accomplished and just use a plain boulder to smush his head? Hell no need for shikamaru to get his hands dirty, have chouji come over and use his body enlargement jutsu and crush hidan with his hand, thus giving Chouji and opportunity to avenge his sensei as well. I don't think Hidan is the type to still be talking shit if he knows hes gonna die, he wouldn't be yelling at Shimaru saying "i'll come back and bite the shit out of you" for nothing. Especially if he knows that it's his final moment.

As for Naruto's Jutsu, i think it's awesome maybe the eyes are an indication of some sorts. Maybe Naruto is finally starting to meld with the Kyuubi, as in he will start gaining more of the kyuubi's traits as tiime pass. Like right now the eyes, but theres no sign of any kyuubi chakra coming out at all. Personally i think with the eyes like that it's pretty cool. Wouldn't that be awesome? that the Kyuubi's eyes give Naruto a "sharigan" like ability to see and predict movements? :D

vnaruto
January 26, 2007, 02:36 PM
I dont think kakashi can use water element its yamato who used earth and water, also his use of mokuton is because of the first hokage cells, kakashi can use more than one because hes a sharingan user so in a way that is right....

I suppose it would be too obvious if he had to learn the water element... still i think thats a possibility.

My prediction:

[br]Posted on: January 26, 2007, 02:29:46 PM_________________________________________________I'm still waiting for the explosive insane naruto that we are going to see towards the end of the whole story id like to see a big part of it at least it seems that they are dragging it a bit to create as much hype as possible, if the eyes' theory is true then that might even be it.

Another thing i was thinking was if naruto and yondaime are in fact related then does that mean naruto learn how to be the yellow flash does he move using the wind or does he manipulate time!

gcd
January 26, 2007, 02:44 PM
Kakashi can use suiton... kakashi x zabuza.

Prediction:
new jutsu = long range

PLEASE SOME FIGHT.

kyubisharingan
January 26, 2007, 02:48 PM
i predict kakuzu will b on the run for his money lol. and sai and sakura will finally show up

darkstar7
January 26, 2007, 03:19 PM
i predict kakuzu will b on the run for his money lol. and sai and sakura will finally show up

definitely agree. but i think naruto will take out another one of kakuzu's hearts before he (kakuzu) decides to high tail it out of there

but then again, this is even a bad idea because look what happened to deidara when he was trying to escape.

if kakuzu does attempt an escape, he'd better have a really good decoy or something like deidara did otherwise it's futile because he'll be pursued.

as for hidan, i'm happy with how everything turned out. i think kishi got something really important out of the way with this arc - an enemy who was just simply immortal and couldn't be killed.

kishi entertained the idea with hidan and shows how not even that kind of ability keeps you entirely safe in the narutoverse.

i also predict that something big will happen with sai, sakura, shikamaru, and hidan's akatsuki ring all being involved!

HisshouBuraiKen
January 26, 2007, 03:47 PM
I dont think kakashi can use water element its yamato who used earth and water, also his use of mokuton is because of the first hokage cells, kakashi can use more than one because hes a sharingan user so in a way that is right....

Uhh, remember Kakashi vs. Zabuza?

Oh, and Kakashi vs. Itachi.

And Kakashi vs. Kakuzu like THREE CHAPTERS AGO.

hrseber
January 26, 2007, 03:49 PM
I predict that like all of Naruto's previous big jutsu's, that as powerful as this one is, he will still miss. He has yet to ever land those super big ultra jutsus he has.

So my prediction is that he will fail against Kakazu in this fight but maybe if he is lucky give Yamamato an oppurtunity to take out a couple of his hearts and Kakazu will escape and Naruto will complain and sob about the fact that he is still not powerful enough to take back Sasuke. (btw I know this makes me sound like I hate Naruto, but its just that I'm tired of this same fighting style everytime. Nothing would make me happier than to predict a one hit KO as it should be, with this new ultra powerful jutsu but I just know that Naruto is not that character)

Oh and maybe but probably in 341 Zetsu comes and picks up Hidan's body.

Elldar
January 26, 2007, 03:59 PM
well, puzzling thing the ring that is, still I am rather confused the ring ain't that top issue since Orochimaru still has his from Akatsuki, maybe they were 10 from the beginning.

Hidan's head got crushed by rocks, but he is still Immortal. You can't kill something that is immortal, he can't be dead cuz some rocks on his head. (I really hope some of the Otobi is alive-club believes Hidan is crushed, cuz it would be nice with the explanation how a mortal guy lives and the immortal dies). for some hc predictions:
1.No it aint for throwing it jsut look likes a shuriken.
2.Hidan won't come back.
3.Kakuzu fighting.

Hey, u guys who wanted Sakura kidnaped might be right.
They need her to stitch Hidan togheter, remember that artificial doll Kabuto made, they might force her to use chiyos jutsu on the doll while connecting Hidan to it.( riddicolous thought I know)

Sarmad
January 26, 2007, 04:10 PM
OK, it's too early for me to make predictions (I have to read it like, 10 times before I can think of predictions) but I want to make my mark in here so I can read everyone else's! :amuse

SPAM! :yelling
But because you're a girl, you shall be forgiven :p :rofl

I wouldn't say Shikamaru had a cold-blooded expression. I think it was more of him taking pity on him and thinking about how he wished he had never had to deal with a character like Hidan in the first place, too, and his sensei would have still been alive. I think it was more of a sorrowful face.

Anyway: Pretty cool move by Naruto, and I think it will be a long range jutsu. More details later on in my Comments ^^

I'm still waiting >.> !!! :smile-big I'd give the chapter 3/5 at most, because of the lack of action! ;)

I think that Naruto knows exactly how to handle Kakuzu, so i bet my pants that we will see Kakuzu being cornered by Naruto alone and he will try to escape or he'll fight back on super-high-level or he might even show his final "ultimate" Jutsu. If it's the second then it's Naruto's turn to finalize the new Jutsu during the fight in order to kill Kakuzu. ( I think it's very unlikely though, cuz the new Jutsu is meant for the fight against Sasuke). Either way , there will be no winner in the next chapter! :nod

PredatorNar
January 26, 2007, 05:09 PM
I've seen stuff like this before when I read other stuff with immortal people. I once read a tale of a person who became immortal but was knocked unconscious on a construction site and they built a building on him so he was in intense pain forever but for some reason I think his immortality kept his body in tact because I cannot possibly imagine an immortal person staying alive with his brains and head crushed. Either way, I think Zetzu is gonna come looking for the ring and just eat Hidan. I really think Zetzu probably eats old members (if there were any more old members) who failed and died in battle.

He couldn't eat Sasori because well Sasori is a puppet (He'd be picking splinters out his teeth for weeks).

---The point about the cloaks being destroyed IMO mean nothing, you're looking too much into it. Sasori could of won that battle if he wanted. If you remember he did not dodge the final attack even though he saw it coming with time to spare. So basically he let himself die. Deidara didn't die because he was resourceful and I think pretty much Deidara has shown off like all his tricks (which is why he fled because he was temporarily out of stock).

---I agree that there is a connection between the 4th and Naruto. My opinion is that the 4th was reincarnated into Naruto (if not and the 4th was actually his father then I'd like to know where the hell the mother is). If you think of what Naruto might look like if he grew up, I immediately imagine the 4th. Plus since the 4th had a wind affinity, the reincarnated form (Naruto) would have it. Also, notice that just because a parent has a certain affinity doesn't necessarily mean the offspring will have the same affinity.

---I predict that Naruto will have the other clones surround Kakuzu and Naruto will throw the RasenShuriken and if he misses, one of the clones will catch it and throw it back at Kakuzu (Imagine them in a square with Kakuzu in the middle and the clones volleying it back and forth; kinda cheesy but interesting to see).

---An alternate prediction is that even if the RasenShuriken misses, the wind it creates in the surroundings may slice up Kakuzu. The force may hurt Kakuzu if Kakuzu manages to barely dodge.

---Also, people say just because Sai and Sakura are going for backup, that means Hidan isn't done. You guys take some details too far. You have to imagine it from the mindset of Kakashi in the Naruto world. Kakashi doesn't know Shikamaru has a setup plan to pwn Hidan so, like a good co-leader, he will send backup, JUST IN CASE, Shikamaru is in trouble.
---------Similarly people thought just because Tsunade told Sakura to prepare an alternate team, to backup Shikamaru's team in case Naruto wasn't ready, that Naruto automatically wasn't gonna show up and the alternate team would. As you can see, you guys were wrong.

---Finally, you'd have to think that Naruto is super uber powerful now. Think about it. Yamato knows how strong Akatsuki members are and yet he acted SO CALM when Naruto challenged him going solo. Either Yamato doesn't care or he KNOWS Naruto has reached a uber level which means Naruto is about to whoop some ass on Kakuzu. And furthermore, notice how Kakashi, instead of arguing about sending Naruto in alone, reminisces about training where he witnessed Naruto's power and envisioned him with the 4th. Kakashi and Yamato know his power and personally I think Kakuzu is about to get his ass whipped.

Also, I'd like to know if there's a seperate thread for Yondaime - Naruto connections. I seriously believe Naruto is the reincarnated version of Yondaime.

ANBU4U
January 26, 2007, 05:28 PM
Rocks smashing into someones head do not constitute death in the world of naruto. Naruto took a scyscraper height pile driver and survived.

Well......to be fair he DID kinda of die there. Even sauske thought the was dead 4 sure....Naruto just has that damn Fox saving his ass all the time...well I guess the fox is technically saving it's own ass too but...well you get what im saying.

On topic, I doubt Hidan will reappear. At least not in this arc or the next. As for naruto he'll likely use the shadow clones to manuver Kakuzu into his atack somehow. I doubt it will be anything as boring as him holding him in place with 3 clones.....if only because we've seen him do that plenty of times. At any rate, just wait and enjoy.

@ PredatorNar

...It seems more likely that Naruto's his son, if only for the Physical and Behavioral similarities...as well as all the little tid-bits thrown at you, like the blood types, and the refrences to the 4th. Then of course there's the issue of "why naruto" as in why he would pick that particular kid to trap a demon in, given the age of all Naruto's friends Im sure their were plenty of other new borns and infants around.

In the end the biggest debunk to the reincarnation theory to me is that the 4th was alive when he sealed the fox in naruto, or rather more importantly, Naruto was already born before the 4th died. Reincarnation is something thats always paired with birth, a new beginning....this would be...idk? Posession?

godofthesunn
January 26, 2007, 06:14 PM
I've seen stuff like this before when I read other stuff with immortal people. I once read a tale of a person who became immortal but was knocked unconscious on a construction site and they built a building on him so he was in intense pain forever but for some reason I think his immortality kept his body in tact because I cannot possibly imagine an immortal person staying alive with his brains and head crushed. Either way, I think Zetzu is gonna come looking for the ring and just eat Hidan. I really think Zetzu probably eats old members (if there were any more old members) who failed and died in battle.

He couldn't eat Sasori because well Sasori is a puppet (He'd be picking splinters out his teeth for weeks).

---The point about the cloaks being destroyed IMO mean nothing, you're looking too much into it. Sasori could of won that battle if he wanted. If you remember he did not dodge the final attack even though he saw it coming with time to spare. So basically he let himself die. Deidara didn't die because he was resourceful and I think pretty much Deidara has shown off like all his tricks (which is why he fled because he was temporarily out of stock).

---I agree that there is a connection between the 4th and Naruto. My opinion is that the 4th was reincarnated into Naruto (if not and the 4th was actually his father then I'd like to know where the hell the mother is). If you think of what Naruto might look like if he grew up, I immediately imagine the 4th. Plus since the 4th had a wind affinity, the reincarnated form (Naruto) would have it. Also, notice that just because a parent has a certain affinity doesn't necessarily mean the offspring will have the same affinity.

---I predict that Naruto will have the other clones surround Kakuzu and Naruto will throw the RasenShuriken and if he misses, one of the clones will catch it and throw it back at Kakuzu (Imagine them in a square with Kakuzu in the middle and the clones volleying it back and forth; kinda cheesy but interesting to see).

---An alternate prediction is that even if the RasenShuriken misses, the wind it creates in the surroundings may slice up Kakuzu. The force may hurt Kakuzu if Kakuzu manages to barely dodge.

---Also, people say just because Sai and Sakura are going for backup, that means Hidan isn't done. You guys take some details too far. You have to imagine it from the mindset of Kakashi in the Naruto world. Kakashi doesn't know Shikamaru has a setup plan to pwn Hidan so, like a good co-leader, he will send backup, JUST IN CASE, Shikamaru is in trouble.
---------Similarly people thought just because Tsunade told Sakura to prepare an alternate team, to backup Shikamaru's team in case Naruto wasn't ready, that Naruto automatically wasn't gonna show up and the alternate team would. As you can see, you guys were wrong.

---Finally, you'd have to think that Naruto is super uber powerful now. Think about it. Yamato knows how strong Akatsuki members are and yet he acted SO CALM when Naruto challenged him going solo. Either Yamato doesn't care or he KNOWS Naruto has reached a uber level which means Naruto is about to whoop some ass on Kakuzu. And furthermore, notice how Kakashi, instead of arguing about sending Naruto in alone, reminisces about training where he witnessed Naruto's power and envisioned him with the 4th. Kakashi and Yamato know his power and personally I think Kakuzu is about to get his ass whipped.

Also, I'd like to know if there's a seperate thread for Yondaime - Naruto connections. I seriously believe Naruto is the reincarnated version of Yondaime.

where did you get the bit that youndaime had wind affinity? I dont recall that peice of information. Give sources if you want to bring up things like that next time...

As far as the recarnation thing, nope, youndaime is with the shinigami. (God of death for you bleach illiterate). where are my facts, well the third blatantly said that once you used that sealing justus (I forgot the justu name) you for fitted your soul to the god of death.

As far as naruto being strong, that would totally depend upon who your reference him agianst. People from konoha,yeah, Akustuki members,some, any uchiha,no...

Also his strength will largely depend on things such as: How accurate this new technique lands, How well he can surprise and kill enemies,(especially when he's not facing them head on), and lastly how fast can he consecutively use high class techniqes without going kyuubi level

tupacamaru
January 26, 2007, 06:28 PM
Next chapter is naruto's showoff. I'm almost certain it won't be enought. SInce he has 50% to go (meaning more development of his jutsus and comprehension of chakra etc etc) but he might be pretty able to make an oppening for yamato or kakashi to finish kakuzu.

sirlipton
January 26, 2007, 07:13 PM
hmmm :noworry i think that even though naruto's jutsu is only at 50 percent power (which kakuza is still scared of and he knows if he gets hit hes finished) he will still be able to kill kakuzu without any assistance from the others. If they are saying its a completly new naruto then you can expect them to show him like never before. He will have complete control over this battle. Theres no way they would build up this climatic show of naruto for nothing. In most anime or manga theres a pattern of the good guy sucking really bad then he trains and then owns the first bad guy he fights. Usually after that happens they fight another bad guy and dont do so good, im using that logic in my statement. i predict that naruto will kill Kakuza in the next chapter, i understand that kakuza is a powerful opponant and fought the first but i still think he will be finished, besides hes not the toughest bad guy out there, thats for sure.

PredatorNar
January 26, 2007, 07:46 PM
where did you get the bit that youndaime had wind affinity? I dont recall that peice of information. Give sources if you want to bring up things like that next time...

As far as the recarnation thing, nope, youndaime is with the shinigami. (God of death for you bleach illiterate). where are my facts, well the third blatantly said that once you used that sealing justus (I forgot the justu name) you for fitted your soul to the god of death.

As far as naruto being strong, that would totally depend upon who your reference him agianst. People from konoha,yeah, Akustuki members,some, any uchiha,no...

Also his strength will largely depend on things such as: How accurate this new technique lands, How well he can surprise and kill enemies,(especially when he's not facing them head on), and lastly how fast can he consecutively use high class techniqes without going kyuubi level

I don't feel like checking but I'm pretty sure that the element the Yondaime was supposed to add to the Rasengan to fully complete it (Kakashi said Yondaime was only half done when he created the Rasengan) was the wind element =\

Btw, people still speculate that the Yondaime is still alive so it wouldn't be farfetch'd to think he could have been reincarnated. Plus, all we know is that he used the sealing jutsu. We don't know if he could have found a way or loophole to get himself reincarnated.

Okay, maybe u didn't get my argument, but when Yamato and Kakashi BOTH seem calm when Naruto challenges Kakuzu (an Akatsuki member) ALONE, then you KNOW Naruto is friggin strong. Oh yea, I hope people don't think that just because wind is weak against fire that he auto. loses to Sasuke. The reason Wind is weaker is it because it fans the flames to make them stronger, HOWEVER if the wind is strong enough it will douse the flames (Like when you blow out a match, the force of the air you push out of your mouth and the speed douses the flame on the match).

Also, I think what Naruto has gained is analytical skills with the Kage Bunshin. He can analyze a situation by sending in the clones and seeing how he can react to his opponent. Furthermore, strength depends on fighting style. Shikamaru is a strictly analytical fighter and he's strong because of that (He just pwned an Akatsuki member so you can't dispute Shika is strong). Naruto is a head on fighter and it has been said over and over that Naruto can become strong as hell because of his high stamina. He can develop a lot of chakra (thus the Kage Bunshin training). The only reason Naruto seemed weaker than Sasuke before was (As Ebisu and Kakashi explained earlier in the manga) that he doesn't have a lot of control of his chakra and he's not chakra efficient, but now through that Kage Bunshin training, I'm pretty damn sure he now has the fundamentals down, so now he's uber strong and I'm pretty sure he can rape Sasuke (fire jutsu or not) if he complete the Fuuton Rasengan.

As some mentioned before, remember back in the Zabuza saga when Sasuke became so faster in a short period of time because of the chakra control training? Well Naruto just went through chakra control training x10,000 so yea I'm pretty sure Naruto is pretty damn fast now.

Shouji
January 26, 2007, 07:51 PM
i dont think naruto can in any way handle kazuzu , he is a one century old ninja ( much experience ), member of akatsuki ( just S rank criminals ), he is in the level of the sennins and kages, one new jutsu isnt enough to kill him.
Maybe a Naruto kyubi mode on can kill him , probably that is what is going to happen

Detail , naruto always had the fox eyes when he was angry or something , now they are like normal to him, strange....

PredatorNar
January 26, 2007, 08:00 PM
i dont think naruto can in any way handle kazuzu , he is a one century old ninja ( much experience ), member of akatsuki ( just S rank criminals ), he is in the level of the sennins and kages, one new jutsu isnt enough to kill him.
Maybe a Naruto kyubi mode on can kill him , probably that is what is going to happen

Detail , naruto always had the fox eyes when he was angry or something , now they are like normal to him, strange....

This is a weak defense for Kakuzu. Experience does mean something but experience can't always beat pure raw power. Furthermore, raw power + Naruto ANALYZING Kakuzu > Experience.

Who cares about sannin or kage level or whatever. Notice that Naruto is technically still a Genin (So we don't really know at what level he stands) and it's pretty obvious from the imaging that he has surpassed Kakashi, who is one of the top Jounins.

Oh btw, even though I still think Naruto > Kakashi now, I just want to tell people not to put Kakashi down just because Kakuzu was beating him. Remember Kakashi wasn't really fighting him one on one at first. He had to stop some of Kakuzu's jutsus to protect Ino, Shika, and Chouji. If Kakashi and Kakuzu started fresh it may be a little different (Don't forget Kakashi is fast and has the sharingan)

Oh btw, people who are saying Kakashi has water affinity. He doesn't In the Zabuza saga he was just imitating hand signals and focused his chakra the same way Zabuza was. I'm pretty sure USING a water jutsu and HAVING a water affinity are a bit different.

yondaimeAL
January 26, 2007, 08:01 PM
In 340 Naruto will go Kyuubi. Or at least use its chakra. You can tell in this last chapter that his eyes have gone Kyuubi.(Pupils become sharper/more defined) This happens when Naruto uses the NineTail's chakra.

This rasenshuriken will also/big possiblity be dodged or take out one heart of Kazuku.
Sai and Sakura will show up as back up to Shik.

There is also a big chance that Yamoto will fight w/ Naruto and maybe combine wind element w/ Yamoto's nature manipulation.

yondaimeAL
January 26, 2007, 08:06 PM
There is a huge possiblity Naruto will turn Kyuubi in the next two chapters.
Naruto most likely used the Kyubi's chakra to make his rasenshuriken bigger/more powerful.

Hunter_zaz
January 26, 2007, 08:09 PM
I just can't accept training for 3 ish years with Jiraiya didn't improve his abilities much (?) but then in a mere few days he will be better than a semi high level Akatsuki member. Im not saying he'll win or lose, but if his abilities just get uber, no, not like that. Itll be like (dbz reference) the training room at kames palace where they could train for a year every day or something.
Sakura being captured sounds possible... maybe Sai will follow the captors being like he is, so as to find their hideout, rather than helping her out.

Naruto has more chakra more than probably all people in the naruto world if kyubi is taken into account. However, have we ever seen him do a hand seal? apart from possibly sexy no jutsu?
I reckon one on one, Kakashi will still beat Naruto.

sblackburn
January 26, 2007, 08:12 PM
Rasengan + wind = Hadouken :smile-big

Prediction: Either the hadouken's gonna be too fast for Kaz, or the wind of it will suck him in!

Result: Kaz partially dodges, but much coolness after. Kaz reveals final form (ace in hand etc), and shoves himself into the ground for his dodge. Dunno basically :S

yondaimeAL
January 26, 2007, 08:14 PM
He will use the Kyuubi's chakra because he has it at his disposal. Instead of using his own chakra, he can use the Kyuubi's and save some of his.
This might be a really long fight

PredatorNar
January 26, 2007, 08:17 PM
I just can't accept training for 3 ish years with Jiraiya didn't improve his abilities much (?) but then in a mere few days he will be better than a semi high level Akatsuki member. Im not saying he'll win or lose, but if his abilities just get uber, no, not like that. Itll be like (dbz reference) the training room at kames palace where they could train for a year every day or something.
Sakura being captured sounds possible... maybe Sai will follow the captors being like he is, so as to find their hideout, rather than helping her out.

Naruto has more chakra more than probably all people in the naruto world if kyubi is taken into account. However, have we ever seen him do a hand seal? apart from possibly sexy no jutsu?
I reckon one on one, Kakashi will still beat Naruto.

Well it's like weight training. If you weight train in a slow, bad way, you won't get the kind of results you want fast enough, but if you weight train in an efficient, correct way, you'll get fast results.

Besides, I don't think Jiraiya concentrated on Naruto's chakra fundamentals. I think Jiraiya basically trained his body, raised Naruto's overall power and taught him a new jutsu.

With Yamato and Kakashi, they refined Naruto's fundamentals making him more chakra efficient and with his uber load of chakra (which is more than the amount of chakra Sasuke or anyone else has), then you know Naruto is becoming all around way more powerful. Also, they helped Naruto "awaken" his affinity which can be considered his "true power" because it makes his jutsus and fighting style stronger.

Also, it was stated in the manga before that because Naruto has such a large chakra capacity and SO much stamina he has more chakra than just about everyone else (and this is NOT including Kyuubi), but Naruto wasn't chakra efficient so he would often waste chakra.

And if you don't believe Naruto has more chakra potential than anyone else, just look back a few chapters to when he was Kage Bunshin TRAINING. I clearly remember Kakashi saying only Naruto could do this type of training because Naruto had a large chakra/stamina supply. And it has been stated since the beginning of Naruto that he wastes chakra a lot so he couldn't take advantage of his large chakra supply before.

But now I'm assuming he doesn't waste his chakra anymore so you know what that means? Yep, ass whipping time. The only question now is if he can fully utilize his chakra to make his body super powerful (Also he has to be mature and smart enough to know what to do besides charging head on).

Shouji
January 26, 2007, 08:25 PM
This is a weak defense for Kakuzu. Experience does mean something but experience can't always beat pure raw power. Furthermore, raw power + Naruto ANALYZING Kakuzu > Experience.

Who cares about sannin or kage level or whatever. Notice that Naruto is technically still a Genin (So we don't really know at what level he stands) and it's pretty obvious from the imaging that he has surpassed Kakashi, who is one of the top Jounins.

Oh btw, even though I still think Naruto > Kakashi now, I just want to tell people not to put Kakashi down just because Kakuzu was beating him. Remember Kakashi wasn't really fighting him one on one at first. He had to stop some of Kakuzu's jutsus to protect Ino, Shika, and Chouji. If Kakashi and Kakuzu started fresh it may be a little different (Don't forget Kakashi is fast and has the sharingan)

Oh btw, people who are saying Kakashi has water affinity. He doesn't In the Zabuza saga he was just imitating hand signals and focused his chakra the same way Zabuza was. I'm pretty sure USING a water jutsu and HAVING a water affinity are a bit different.

wasnt naruto almighty training something to get experience really fast so he can handle the nature and form manipulation, so experience is a something in the battle. and analyzing kazuzu, he kill just to clones with the basic of his power, that wont matter at all.

and only power doesnt matter , kazu+ hidan beated a full out jinchu, even naruto didnt get on that stage yet.

lol , i just hate fast powerups ...

and kakashi have water affinity, until know he used lightning , water and doton jutsus , and he said a jounin must have at least 2 affinitys,

PredatorNar
January 26, 2007, 08:33 PM
The experience Naruto gained during training is different from the experience Kakuzu has. Naruto didn't gain the experience of fighting many ninjas during training. DUH

Plus I said raw power + analytical skill. Naruto used the first few clones to analyze Kakuzu. Raw power MEANS A LOT and the analytical skill is the way the ninja uses his raw power efficiently which > experience.

yondaimeAL
January 26, 2007, 08:38 PM
I think Naruto will combine his wind element will Yamoto's nature element.
Yamoto also trained to help Naruto too.

Shouji
January 26, 2007, 08:43 PM
The experience Naruto gained during training is different from the experience Kakuzu has. Naruto didn't gain the experience of fighting many ninjas during training. DUH

Plus I said raw power + analytical skill. Naruto used the first few clones to analyze Kakuzu. Raw power MEANS A LOT and the analytical skill is the way the ninja uses his raw power efficiently which > experience.

explain better the diference of the experiences, for me they are the same.

PredatorNar
January 26, 2007, 08:53 PM
With Naruto the experience he's getting is in chakra control and control over his affinity. When Kakuzu fights more and more shinobi, he gets experience that help his fighting style.

It's a big difference.

_baka_
January 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
I hope something like this happens kakuzu insults naruto saying he can't touch him with that speed and then naruto uses the yondaimes god lightning flee flicker technique and kakuzu goes wtf, cause seriosly naruto faster some how without the kyuubi...

yondaimeAL
January 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
We dont know if Naruto has been taught the flicker.

Shouji
January 26, 2007, 09:23 PM
With Naruto the experience he's getting is in chakra control and control over his affinity. When Kakuzu fights more and more shinobi, he gets experience that help his fighting style.

It's a big difference.

but you are saying that on his one century of life he never trained chakra control and how to control his affinity ?

PredatorNar
January 26, 2007, 09:37 PM
but you are saying that on his one century of life he never trained chakra control and how to control his affinity ?

err the arguement wasn't that Naruto had more experience so wtf are u getting at?

1nfamous
January 26, 2007, 11:39 PM
-.- that Fuuton, omg it is huge.... well it be pretty funny if naruto got his heart eaten......

macchonk
January 27, 2007, 12:25 AM
where did you get the bit that youndaime had wind affinity? I dont recall that peice of information.
kakasi is the one who said that yondaime has wind nature affinity......

deathshadow25
January 27, 2007, 12:28 AM
-.- that Fuuton, omg it is huge.... well it be pretty funny if naruto got his heart eaten......

I doubt it or that would be the end of Naruto

I predict something happening like that one in the last panel is actually a shadow clone and then kakazu is busy with that clone and Naruto then takes out 2 of kakazus hearts at once with his fuuton rasengan

poopoomaru
January 27, 2007, 01:52 AM
kakasi is the one who said that yondaime has wind nature affinity......

I dont believe that happened, all he said was that yondy failed to mix his nature with the rasengan.

CheckMate
January 27, 2007, 02:00 AM
Kakuzu and Hidan would survive this arc. They flee.

Hidan is saved by Zetzu, while Kakuzu is outpowered by Yamato, Naruto, and Kakashi (dont ever think he will just see his teammates fight without doing anything)[br]Posted on: 27-01-2007, 05:28:46_________________________________________________

I dont believe that happened, all he said was that yondy failed to mix his nature with the rasengan.

Agreed

Sailori
January 27, 2007, 03:10 AM
Sai is going to find Hidan's ring and become the next Akatsuki member :). I think that Naruto's new jutsu is long range since it's called as shuriken. Shuriken is a throwable weapon so there's some meaning that Kishimoto named it this way. Kakuzu is going to run having a heartattack with his last heart.

poopoomaru
January 27, 2007, 04:35 AM
Kakuzu and Hidan would survive this arc. They flee.

Hidan is saved by Zetzu, while Kakuzu is outpowered by Yamato, Naruto, and Kakashi (dont ever think he will just see his teammates fight without doing anything)[br]Posted on: 27-01-2007, 05:28:46_________________________________________________
Agreed

I think you are right, Hidan's end by Shika is very opened ended, and it is know that Zetsu ( like orochimaru) can meld with and move through earth, Zetsu uses this to hide and Orochimaru to escape. It would not be too hard to just retrieve his body parts. I think possibly that with Sai and Sakura's arrival , the three of them will either have to face Zetsu, or will have to face Hidan reassurected as it were. I think it is very plausable that Hidan could call Zetsu from underground since as we saw with AL and them communication mentally is very possible and a quick call for Zetsu to come doesnt seem like it would be too hard.

Kakuzu on the other hand seems to be going all out now , he has lost two valuable hearts , and he has a fresh stock staring him in the face, I doubt any call for reason will make him suddenly stop his assault and make a tactical retreat. Naruto will have a hard time fighting him though, because the nature of Kakuzu tenticals makes it so that he can attack rapidly many targets at once, so his KG's wont be able to simply overwhelm him.

ophidial
January 27, 2007, 05:11 AM
imo, kakazu will dodge the jutsu despite naruto's clones trying to
act as a distraction but he'll be damaged by the explosion.
the damage however, will be moderate and then hopefully
he'll either summon some toads or use a barrier jutsu to limit kakazu's
movements and then chuck the rasenshuriken which is sooooo mega-omg-powerful
that it will slice through the barrier and rip kakazu to shreds.

bennibb
January 27, 2007, 07:09 AM
Good Chapter. I ws reading through the posts, and its amazing how many Hidan will be back predictions there are. One person even said his head is not smashed when rocks fail from at least 100 feet onto his head. Lets face it, he is not coming back. Zetsu wil probably get the ring, but that is it. Who is the person that stiches people back together in Akatsuki(chapter 332). Kakuzu. Its a complete contradiction to say Kakuzu will die in this fight and Hidan will live and be stiched together. And who else would do all that for Hidan when he was bashing Akatsuki in the first place. If somehow you still want to argue Hidan coming back, please start another thread, and this one be predictions of 340

Wel, as a new member of Aka, Hidan must have survived without Kakuzu's stiches for a while. Besides. He can regenerate on his own it seems. Remember, hes practicly killing himself here, and 30 min later he walks on. Like he has done for probably a long time. So its useless to say that hes completly done for it. And he can do just fine without Kakuzu. I bet there is more medical ninjas Akautsuki can use than Kakuzu. Hidan may survive, he may not. No one knows. Thats why this is a good prediction to anyone elses. Im not sure if it. I just see it as a posibility.

And why wouldnt they wanna save him??? He is one of them. They need memebers to reach there goal. New members that are immortal may be hard to find.[br]Posted on: January 27, 2007, 06:38:02 AM_________________________________________________I just wanna make one remark on the Naruto vs Kakashi that came up.

Remember that Nar and Kaka is 2 completly different types. Kakashi has designed his style to kill fast. That is becouse he has low chacra and hes eye uses it even faster. So there he is totaly superior to most in the Naruto world. Pluss, he is as smart as Shikamaru. And even he is improving. (Mangekyou and Hokage lvl water jutsu)

Naruto on the other hand, is not as smart as Shikamaru. And has no sence in quick combat. So when it comes to draging fights, Naruto was good, is much better and is probably gonna be the best. But hes still improving, and wil ofc surpass his sensei in most aspects in time. Atm he has not i think

And to all those who think Kakashi has sunken in the big picture. I dont think the man who has been praised by Tsunade, Ororchimaru, Youndaime, Yamato, Itachi, All of Konoha and most of the Akatsuki who has fought him and has a repp trough out the world is gonna show less strenght in the future chapters.

(Sorry for the off topic post, even though it was a little prediction in the longer run :smile-big)

Goji
January 27, 2007, 07:44 AM
I read a lot of very possible predictions. To be honest I really don't know what to expect of Naruto's new jutsu... guess we'll just have to wait 'till next week and have a look.

Think it'll be someting in the lines of Naruto's bunshins being the decoy for himself with the new rasenshuriken. But I really can't say how Kakuzu will react to this, one thing's for sure: Kakuzu won't be an easy enemy! He has tons more of battle experience than Naruto and that has to count for something...

We can only hope that next week's chapter will be as good as this one!

Omi
January 27, 2007, 08:31 AM
A ninja always looks beneath the underneath.

I think he either going to use it as a rouse while the KB's get him with normal futon rasengan's/ another rasengan shuriken or the KB's constrict his movements to setup the attack.

----- Looks like people have already mentioned the above, so, based on other comments:

Naruto jumps on top of the Futon: Rasengan Shuriken and uses it like a grass cutter and for great speed. Kind of like nimbus but with offensive capability.

Goji
January 27, 2007, 08:54 AM
Yes exactly Omi, I'm so glad Naruto finally learns to use his Kage Bunshins to their full potential! They can be so usefull if used in the right fashion.

Super Angillis
January 27, 2007, 09:25 AM
I can see Hidans ring in the hand next to his head on page five, so it definetly landed in the pit. I liked the crazy bastard, but I'm not sure he's going to do much more. I kinda have to go with the Zetsu's going to eat him thoery. The one thing that bugs me is we still don't know where the hell he's from.

I think the that the Futon Rasengen Shuriken will take out at least one heart. Either Naruto can control it after throwing it, It moves increadibly fast, or it creates a shockwave that damages things without the actual jutsu hitting.

Dinos
January 27, 2007, 09:45 AM
has anyone played naruttimate hero 3 in playstation?????there is a special of jiraya tha forms a rasengan and adds fire element in it..awesome!!!out of topic but true

Shouji
January 27, 2007, 10:23 AM
we cant forget that kazuzu has the fire element that is strong agaisnt wind

bennibb
January 27, 2007, 12:40 PM
we cant forget that kazuzu has the fire element that is strong agaisnt wind

True, but its not just the wind here. Rasengan itself can deflect almost anything. And a Futon this powerfull cant just be burned away. As before said. "A jutsu that powerfull can only be matched by the same elemenent with the same strenght" (ok not the EXACT words maybe :)) But then again, Kakuzu alsow has wind up hes sleeves ;)

Shouji
January 27, 2007, 01:03 PM
True, but its not just the wind here. Rasengan itself can deflect almost anything. And a Futon this powerfull cant just be burned away. As before said. "A jutsu that powerfull can only be matched by the same elemenent with the same strenght" (ok not the EXACT words maybe :)) But then again, Kakuzu alsow has wind up hes sleeves ;)

yeah , in the jutsu elemental type kazuzu has the advantage

GPZrag
January 27, 2007, 02:41 PM
yeah , in the jutsu elemental type kazuzu has the advantage

however that's not enough... naruto seems to have full control over his bunshins, i don't see him making 20 or 30 bunshins only see him making 4 o 3... so its like he is going to show us his first "cool fight"

Shouji
January 27, 2007, 04:17 PM
however that's not enough... naruto seems to have full control over his bunshins, i don't see him making 20 or 30 bunshins only see him making 4 o 3... so its like he is going to show us his first "cool fight"

i dont see the bushins like a great card on the sleave any more, sasuke , kimimaro and neiji defeat a bunch of then .

only if he uses then on strategies and stuff can be of some help

GPZrag
January 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
i dont see the bushins like a great card on the sleave any more, sasuke , kimimaro and neiji defeat a bunch of then .

only if he uses then on strategies and stuff can be of some help

that's why he is "different" now... you know? x_x

amg
January 27, 2007, 07:04 PM
wow i really cant see where the manga is going to go after this fight . so i really think that sum thing will happen in this fight or straight after wards i.e back up i really hope if this is going to happen it is Tobi i wanna see how strong he is . plus it would be so much better if naruto made his own hand seals for the fuuton resengan.

Shouji
January 27, 2007, 08:33 PM
wow i really cant see where the manga is going to go after this fight . so i really think that sum thing will happen in this fight or straight after wards i.e back up i really hope if this is going to happen it is Tobi i wanna see how strong he is . plus it would be so much better if naruto made his own hand seals for the fuuton resengan.

yeah , even chidori has hand seals, why rasengan dont??

TechnoMagus
January 27, 2007, 09:58 PM
well rasengan is just a release of charka like tree climbing, water walking and probably neji's jutsus. other elemental jutsus require hand seals but for wind, i don't remember wind users need hand seals for wind jutsus so maybe that's the reason there we see no hand seals

on to predictions....since at a closer look we see the akatsuki ring with hidan at the bottom of the pit, and kishi intentionally put it there, we should expect some plot elements dealing with its retrieval.

Omi
January 27, 2007, 10:21 PM
yeah , even chidori has hand seals, why rasengan dont??

As Jiraiya said when he taught him rasengan, "You don't have to memorize such a difficult seal. It's ok idiot." Currently the most complex seals we know Naruto can do are those for Kachiyose (bah forgotten the spelling) [summoning jutsu]. Rasengan surpasses all the jutsu's in its class as it does not involve any seals => no sharingan copying for you Itachi, Sasuke, Kakashi and all other users.

I'm guessing the hand seals for chidori are for aiding the spatial recomposition it involves since the user needs an affinity to lightning.

dmac
January 27, 2007, 11:01 PM
i see naruto's jutsu destroying kakuzu's two element masked beasts leaving kakuzu open and naruto will finish him off with the wind rasengan

bayanbatn
January 27, 2007, 11:27 PM
Remember, akatsuki must send someone to get Hidan's ring at least. Or maybe Orochimaru will come to pick it up. who knows. So Hidan would probably be dug out, though not revived. Akatsuki wouldn't want a cripled nin anyway.

I hope the akatsuki don't get the rings though, because that just means two more members for akatsuki again and a longer story for naruto. By the way, I predict Kakuzu to be pwned pretty soon too.

Ishiken
January 28, 2007, 01:35 AM
I predict Naruto will be forced to unveil that Jutsu!!!
I further predict Naruto and his clones will use one handed Rasengans.

ophidial
January 28, 2007, 01:41 AM
Remember, akatsuki must send someone to get Hidan's ring at least. Or maybe Orochimaru will come to pick it up. who knows. So Hidan would probably be dug out, though not revived. Akatsuki wouldn't want a cripled nin anyway.

I hope the akatsuki don't get the rings though, because that just means two more members for akatsuki again and a longer story for naruto. By the way, I predict Kakuzu to be pwned pretty soon too.

i wouldn't mind the akatsuki getting the rings back as long as one
of the new members is actually jiraiya under a metamorphosis jutsu
of some kind.

Tha Uchiha
January 28, 2007, 01:43 AM
I don't know if anyone brought this point up yet?

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/3380127jj.th.jpg (http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=3380127jj.jpg)

Shikamaru, "Thing about this forrest is, my family is in charge of it. We're the only ones allowed in here... no one else ever comes." Chapter 338

So does that mean that Sai and Sakura's attempt to help Shika would be all in vein? And all of the predictions that Zetzu will come to get the ring also would be not possible. Is there some weird forcefield in that forrest or are the deer really, really mean?! J/K I was wonder if anyone had thought about this? If this is true I see a confratation at this point, possibly with Sai and Sakura against Zetsu, but this also would be unlikey.

As a prediction, Hidan is done for :D ( I was kinda tired of him anyway, he never has anything nice to say.) Shika walks out of the forrest and suddenly notices Naruto's chakra, at that point Sai and Sakura show up. Shika tells them it's all over and need not worry, and maybe says something cool like, " Don't worry Asuma-Sensei is at piece and so am I. " And then they give one another a look of understanding, and now realize the situation at hand and discuss Kakuzu vs. Naruto and then leave to attend the conflict. All the while Zetzu listens in over the conversation, and reports back to Akatsuki, he tells of Hidan's death and the dilema that Kakuzu is in with Naruto and SEVEN other Leaf ninjas, and one being Kakashi. In response A.L. sends reinforcements possibly the unknown female member and Obito ( I mean Tobi :D J/K) since Diedra didn't have such good luck with Kakashi and Naruto before. At the end of the chapter, the last page shows one of Kakuzu's Masked thingy ba-jigies dying and Kakuzu losing yet again another heart. Possibly thinking to himself what the $hit was that, and he knows he's in deep bantha fodder.

playbychris
January 28, 2007, 12:06 PM
my prediction about the next chapter will be naruto trying to use the shurikenrasengan and with one hit hell blow up another of kakuzus hearts leaving him with only two left.

yemsta
January 28, 2007, 12:54 PM
I don't know if anyone brought this point up yet?

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/3380127jj.th.jpg (http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=3380127jj.jpg)

Shikamaru, "Thing about this forrest is, my family is in charge of it. We're the only ones allowed in here... no one else ever comes." Chapter 338

So does that mean that Sai and Sakura's attempt to help Shika would be all in vein? And all of the predictions that Zetzu will come to get the ring also would be not possible. Is there some weird forcefield in that forrest or are the deer really, really mean?! J/K I was wonder if anyone had thought about this? If this is true I see a confratation at this point, possibly with Sai and Sakura against Zetsu, but this also would be unlikey.

As a prediction, Hidan is done for :D ( I was kinda tired of him anyway, he never has anything nice to say.) Shika walks out of the forrest and suddenly notices Naruto's chakra, at that point Sai and Sakura show up. Shika tells them it's all over and need not worry, and maybe says something cool like, " Don't worry Asuma-Sensei is at piece and so am I. " And then they give one another a look of understanding, and now realize the situation at hand and discuss Kakuzu vs. Naruto and then leave to attend the conflict. All the while Zetzu listens in over the conversation, and reports back to Akatsuki, he tells of Hidan's death and the dilema that Kakuzu is in with Naruto and SEVEN other Leaf ninjas, and one being Kakashi. In response A.L. sends reinforcements possibly the unknown female member and Obito ( I mean Tobi :D J/K) since Diedra didn't have such good luck with Kakashi and Naruto before. At the end of the chapter, the last page shows one of Kakuzu's Masked thingy ba-jigies dying and Kakuzu losing yet again another heart. Possibly thinking to himself what the $hit was that, and he knows he's in deep bantha fodder.

I already brought this up the next page shows some weird looking deer skrefacing hidan lol

bloodrage
January 28, 2007, 01:21 PM
kazkuz will be try to avoid the clones and the wind shruiken when he does he will see those are just a henge of the real naruto behind him with the real futon shruiken and i think it will kill atleast two of those mask things. and leave scrambling trying to escape.

Toad Sage
January 28, 2007, 03:23 PM
I think the next chapter shall largely be concerned with Naruto fighting Kakuzu. I'm hestitant to say entirely since the manga seems to belong half to Shikamaru nowadays, so it's best to leave that possibility open.

I predict we'll see Naruto's clones flank Kakuzu and get killed by Kakuzu's tendrils, the idea being they'll try to create an opening for Naruto to deploy the fuuton rasengan shuriken (whatever it's called.) Naruto is going to miss with his jutsu, perhaps slamming it into a wall or striking a floating log that isn't really Kakuzu (anyone else miss the replacement jutsu.) Kakuzu will then retaliate only to be denied by Kakashi or Yamato's intervention. Then we'll see him turn his attention to the bystanders (Choji and Ino) and threaten their lives-that's when we'll see Naruto get serious and the chapter end.

I hope my prediction accurately captures the most drawn out way possible for Naruto to start an attack :)

If Shikamaru shows up in this chapter, or in subsequent chapters, I predict there is still some mileage in the shougi metaphor i.e. another Akatsuki will appear.

I'm not sure why people fond of this interpretation expect it to be the king, for at least in the Japflap trans there is no indication what piece lies behind Hidan (the rook.) So, along with the rest of you, I think it is more likely we'll see Zetsu, since recon is his position. I also think an Itachi appearance is probable, after lingering his gaze upon Hidan and Kakuzu while they were discussing Naruto in the sealing chamber. That look indicated to me Itachi was concerned about the battle in Konohoa, so he may decide to involve himself. Nonetheless, I think it is fairly clear Sai and Sakura were not dispatched to Shikamaru just to congratulate him-something bad is still going to happen over there.

metoo
January 28, 2007, 03:28 PM
Hi all, im new to this but here are my predictions... :blink

The way I see it one of the akatsuki (sry if i misspelled) members will die however which one idk; I believe either:
Hidan will die-->by another member of akatsuki via zetsu coming and eating him :p and taking the ring or kakuzu (in need of another heart and a way out of this battle with naruto) coming and taking hidans heart :s. Also it is a possibility of sai and sakura being involved somehow in a battle if either of those two events happen.
As for Kakuzu dying--> This would be the case if hidans lives and is saved by zetsu who retrieves him after a brief stint with sai/sakura. Kakuzu would most likely die at naruto's hands; however, I believe with the assistance of kakashi or yamato (considering chouji and ino are utterly worthless at this level battle)...Kakashi will be near death or on the verge of dying (maybe symbolic in him losing bits of his mask) and may be the determinate factor/sacrifice near the end of this battle :darn (this would suck but I believe he has served his purpose/ think konohas white fang???) Kishi killing off kakashi though :mad ????

No predictions for shika--->just let him have his moment :smile-big ill have more up when i think of another scenario...

KeRaD
January 28, 2007, 04:13 PM
this would suck but I believe he has served his purpose/ think konohas white fang???) Kishi killing off kakashi though ????

Nooo...Kakashi is totally irreplaceable. He simply can't die. he's also 2 good 4 that:)

PredatorNar
January 28, 2007, 05:45 PM
Kakashi won't die until he meets Tobi :D

Anyway, I don't think the idea of Kakuzu stealing Hidan's heart to survive will happen. Kakuzu doesn't even know where the hell Hidan is right now. Kakashi is out of action for the moment. Too bad, I think Kakuzu is one of the few enemies that completely counteracts Kakashi's fighting style: Fast and assassin-like. If Kakuzu only had one heart, Kakashi's style would of held up :(

Anyway, I doubt Hidan will unleash any ultimate jutsu because he probably would of done it by now and not wait until he got dismembered (Btw, why didn't Shikamaru put an explosive tag on Hidan's face. He could blow off Hidan's nose and turn him into Michael Jackson). I think the reason Hidan said he wanted someone to kill him before because I think deep down (yes I believe he has a moral side), he doesn't think he should still be alive and he's fed up with life and not being able to just die already (The ultimate Emo).

I don't think there will be Akatsuki backup. Akatsuki members are probably like "Hey, there's two of you and you're S-Rank, if you still can't win then we don't care"

I mean you didn't see anyone running to come help Sasori, did you?

2 more points:

1. You guys need to stop saying Hidan will die. He lost, but he didn't die. We have accepted that he's immortal so he won't be dying. He's just permanently out of action.

2. I feel Zetzu will come for the ring and Hidan will say "Hey, help me out here!" and Zetzu will be like "I already, in the past, rebuilt a fighter who is more worthy of the title 'shinobi.' And he's a 'good boy'!" (Some of you know where I'm coming from).

Lastly (Yea third point), do Akatsuki really care about killing Orochimaru? Remember when Orochimaru was trying to take over Konoha? Weren't Kisame and Itachi already lurking around, and if not very close to the village and I KNOW they knew the attempted takeover was going on, so couldn't Itachi just come in, rape Orochimaru (while Orochimaru was escaping with his sealed arms) and leave? Or at least follow Orochimaru back to his hideout. I wonder if Itachi already knows Sasuke is training under Orochimaru and since I assume Itachi WANTS Sasuke to become stronger and a more formidable shinobi, he is allowing Orochimaru to live just so he can train Sasuke.

Yondaime Uzumaki
January 28, 2007, 06:21 PM
First of all, how nice was ch. 339. It's nice to see Naruto actually analyzing the situation before attacking, which was one of the biggest changes in his fighting style IMO. I think that Naruto will miss Kakuzu with the Rasenshuriken but to Kakuzu's suprise Naruto will have full control over this new technique and it will boomerang back and hit Kakuzu. I'm pretty confident with this prediction but I can't say how many hearts it will take out. I don't think the fight will be over with one hit but seeing as this is his first time ever using this technique I doubt Kakuzu won't be hit because we won't know it's true effect on a person. I also don't think that the rasenshuriken is the only new technique from Naruto because he came out with it to early. As for Sai and Sakura, I don't think Kishi would send them for nothing. My guess is another Akatsuki member.

poopoomaru
January 28, 2007, 06:32 PM
I think the next chapter shall largely be concerned with Naruto fighting Kakuzu. I'm hestitant to say entirely since the manga seems to belong half to Shikamaru nowadays, so it's best to leave that possibility open.

I predict we'll see Naruto's clones flank Kakuzu and get killed by Kakuzu's tendrils, the idea being they'll try to create an opening for Naruto to deploy the fuuton rasengan shuriken (whatever it's called.) Naruto is going to miss with his jutsu, perhaps slamming it into a wall or striking a floating log that isn't really Kakuzu (anyone else miss the replacement jutsu.) Kakuzu will then retaliate only to be denied by Kakashi or Yamato's intervention. Then we'll see him turn his attention to the bystanders (Choji and Ino) and threaten their lives-that's when we'll see Naruto get serious and the chapter end.

I hope my prediction accurately captures the most drawn out way possible for Naruto to start an attack :)

You know I have thought about it and I think that it deserves to be mentioned what I think the BEST plan of attack for Naruto is. THe biggest strength of Naruto's Kage Bunshin is the ability to overwhelm an opponent. This though is dependant on a few things though , one that each clone fighter of Naruto is competent and capable to show some form of adequate resilience to the opponents attack , and two that amongst these clones that both long and short range attacks are used or usable by said clones, since since the ability to pull back or push forward against an onslaught of fighters with only one sided fighting styles can prove very effective.

Naruto technically now has both of those covered (presumably). If he can make a constant and ever growing flow of KG's that can use both his own taijutsu ability ( not much to use though) , the ordinary rasengan , the OD rasengan, and the FR shuriken. The trick to is though will be to both keep a constant offense up , and to keep his main body out of harms way. If he does this then he can keep up an onlslaught of attack that will be truly formidable , and it shouldnt have to stop since it seems that Naruto has access to the Kyuubi's chakra at some level.

Combine all that with Yamato's very versitile mokuton jutsu , and Chouji's power attacks and I see no reason why this cant be won. I dont really want to include Ino or Kakashi into the factoring though since Kakashi is likely already pretty pooped, and we have seen nothing from Ino except support jutsu.

StJimmy61190
January 28, 2007, 07:20 PM
First off there was some foreshadowing in this chapter. Hidan will be back. Albeit idk how but he'll return later on. Kishimoto rarely puts in such dialog without purpose. Hidan will be Shikimaru's final battle in the manga (assuming it comes before this supposed battle to choose the Hokage).

Naruto and the Rasengan Shiruken...I called that one a couple of discussions ago. I also think its not the only technique he can draw out of the training. I assume he'll be able to draw several different techiniques...hopefully a Rasengan Sword.

Kakuzu...He's finished. Andif other Akatsuki members arrive then Sai, Shikimaru and Sakura are screwed. There's not a chance in hell they can take 'em down.

dazzy
January 28, 2007, 08:04 PM
If Naruto owns Kakuzu, there will only be the more powerful members of Akatsuki and Sasuke/Orochimaru left to challenge him. So I don't think he will have grown that much, besides, is Ino, Chouji and Yamato just gonna stand there and watch? I might be wrong, but if so, Kishimoto will have to introduce some more powerful villains very soon.

I bet Naruto will use the info he gathered with his bunshins, and display a skillful and awesome attack, but it wont be the end for Kakuzu. Kakuzu hasn't taken the situation serious yet, and he is supposed to be the smart one... So we might be in for a "power-up".

Sakura and Sai will not be allowed in to Nara-land. They will be stopped by either Shikamaru, Nara clan, or the old fashion sign.

*Totally forgot some names... :blink

PredatorNar
January 28, 2007, 08:11 PM
If Naruto owns Kakuzu, there will only be the more powerful members of Akatsuki and Sasuke/Orochimaru left to challenge him. So I don't think he will have grown that much, besides, is Shino, fatty and wood-guy just gonna stand there and watch? I might be wrong, but if so, Kishimoto will have to introduce some more powerful villains very soon.

I bet Naruto will use the info he gathered with his bunshins, and display a skillful and awesome attack, but it wont be the end for Kakuzu. Kakuzu hasn't taken the situation serious yet, and he is supposed to be the smart one... So we might be in for a "power-up".

Sakura and Sai will not be allowed in to Nara-land. They will be stopped by either Shikamaru, Nara clan, or the old fashion sign.

I think Kakuzu is taking it seriously. Well, when he and Hidan was temporarily linked and Hidan "killed him," he was lying motionless on the floor until the other masks rejoined with him. Plus, he was saying to himself "I can't get hit by that jutsu." He knows he's gonna get pwned so he is obviously serious.

To StJimmy61190: Hidan is out of action permanently. This was Shikamaru's "coming-of-age" fight. I wouldn't be surprised if Shikamaru was made a jounin after this because he is literally past a genius (but not in strength and power sadly). He's a strategical master and Hidan the One Hit Wonder didn't have a prayer (no pun intended :P)

dazzy
January 28, 2007, 08:21 PM
I think Kakuzu is taking it seriously. Well, when he and Hidan was temporarily linked and Hidan "killed him," he was lying motionless on the floor until the other masks rejoined with him. Plus, he was saying to himself "I can't get hit by that jutsu." He knows he's gonna get pwned so he is obviously serious.

I thought Kakuzu meant he shouldn't let himself be hit by it, because it would be bad(it would hurt a lot).

The reason I have for thinking Kakuzu still isn't being serious, is that Kakuzu still talks about the hearts he is about to collect. He do not think of himself to be in any kind of mortal danger.

Paran
January 28, 2007, 09:17 PM
Look, since the fights got serious (after Orochi vs Sadaime), Kishi really hasn't bothered showing handseals in fights (I guess it got too hard to go through all the seal combos for jutsus and keep it scientific as opposed to made-up). It's more like mages just throwing $hit around... oh well, as long as it's entertaining, but sort of sad that he's abandoned it, or used the convenient excuse of "their hands move really fast".

Anyway, I hope this rasen-shuriken is a long range weapon, and it should provide kakuzu with a world of problems.

boyakist4649
January 28, 2007, 10:39 PM
I guess some [long-term] predictions

1 - I hope the biggest strength Naruto gained during his training was his ability to control the Kyuubi. Yeah the Fuuton Rasengan was nice, but I am seeing a completely different Naruto. He's able to make the new rasengan without being engulfed by the Kyuubi chakura, and the shape of his eyes (vertically slanted) may indicate this change.

2 - The Rasen-shuriken is probably a long-range weapon, or it wouldn't make any sense of it being in a shuriken form. However, Naruto may not use it solely as a long-range weapon, and I highly doubt he'll just toss it at Kakuzu. It would be cool to see if he could control its flight path, etc. etc.

3 - Kakuzu probably won't get killed. He wasn't too excited to see Naruto, which might mean that he has very little interest in capturing him. Perhaps it has something to do with Itachi (Uchiha-Kyuubi link). I personally hope that Kakuzu gets killed by another Akatsuki member - maybe even by the unknown female member - towards the end of this battle.

husnimubarak
January 28, 2007, 10:57 PM
um.. it's mountains of money in kakuzu's sight...

kakashi, jinchuriiki, Jounins,..
kakuzu's should bet on his life to gather thee bounty.. :smile-big

kakuzu's would give'em hell of a fight..
all of he's got would be seen by us in the next chapter..

more monstrous fights... can't wait for the next chapter..

bloodrage
January 28, 2007, 11:09 PM
naruto is gonna pound kazkuz this shriuken will tear him in half and he will join himself back together with those strings but he will lose two masks cause this chapter is ending in the next two give or take one.

jinsomnia
January 28, 2007, 11:33 PM
a very fast chapter. just a revealation. for my prediction, i think another akatsuki is coming... since they realised that hidan is done for..

Toad Sage
January 28, 2007, 11:36 PM
Naruto technically now has both of those covered (presumably). If he can make a constant and ever growing flow of KG's that can use both his own taijutsu ability ( not much to use though) , the ordinary rasengan , the OD rasengan, and the FR shuriken. The trick to is though will be to both keep a constant offense up , and to keep his main body out of harms way. If he does this then he can keep up an onlslaught of attack that will be truly formidable , and it shouldnt have to stop since it seems that Naruto has access to the Kyuubi's chakra at some level.

Combine all that with Yamato's very versitile mokuton jutsu , and Chouji's power attacks and I see no reason why this cant be won. I dont really want to include Ino or Kakashi into the factoring though since Kakashi is likely already pretty pooped, and we have seen nothing from Ino except support jutsu.

I think you're entirely corrent. I made a similar remark in the discussion thread, since at this point Naruto defeating Kakuzu seems kind of trivial. I complained that this makes his victory less heroic. Who knows how things will turn out, but if the Konohoa nin played this tactically the way you're suggesting, it would be an easy win. But, like I said, doing it that way may rob Naruto of the dramatic effect his victory will have, so Kishi may want to even the odds for story purposes. Always think like Kishimoto to make good predictions-the cardinal rule is Naruto can never win unless it is by the skin of his teeth!

king_crimson-
January 29, 2007, 07:23 AM
naruto is probably using kyubi's power...now, based on how much of it he is using(remember that with 4 tails he was at orochimaru's level, which i think, is still not enough for kakuzu, but that's why yamato is there...) he could even be able to fight kakuzu without any help...

btw, naruto will put up a hell of a fight, kakuzu will be really surprised of his strength and start getting *really* serious...maybe naruto will take out one of his hearts...and i also think that hidan is done for...sai and sakura would not even enter the nara's clan ancestral ground, but they will come back with shika to fight kakuzu...and oh well...against an high level jounin(yamato), a jinchuuriki using the kyubi's power, an anbu(prob a jounin) 4 strong chunnins and kakashi(who is a strong jounin, but he's almost at his limit right now...) he would probably choose to run away...

dj_threat
January 29, 2007, 07:41 AM
i guess naruto will use a little power from kyuubi because as you guys can see his eyes on page 15 from the previous chapter that is the sign that naruto is becoming more serious on fight unlike before.

BRIONICMAN
January 29, 2007, 08:02 AM
kakuzu looks worried about the Rasen-shuriken but naruto is using the Kyuubi chakra so there is room for error in narutos attack and kakuzu might try to escape. hidan's ring will be retrieved. Zetsu is probably the one one who can get it but he probably cant put hidan back together.

mars0103
January 29, 2007, 08:04 AM
i think that naruto can also use the new jutus as shield as well

matsyes
January 29, 2007, 08:23 AM
I dont think naruto is using kyubi's chakra ...there is no trace of it... i think naruto's assimilating more and more of kyubii and thats becoming a part of him!!! ...by the way what did naruto learn in the threeyears he was with jiraiya !!!! there seems to be no change in him drastically like one would expect ... however i see naruto totally going wild in this next chapter with the present futon move just being a warm up and he's got a lot of new moves!!!!...if u notice he did not make the futo shuriken ...he analyzed kakazu and then determined that the best jutsu would be futon shuriken ... if he just wanted to attack with it he would have just made futon shuriken while analyzing kakazu.

metoo
January 29, 2007, 01:43 PM
Well now I've stumbled across this for anyone who cares its a trailer (real) for NGNT5 for wii http://youtube.com/watch?v=n5lrqsxH-Wc

And again my predictions: if akatsuki backup is on the way, it would be zetsu (although the new aforementioned female member or Tobi is a slim possibility) and one of these guys is going to die... Hidan can Die, simply have kakuzu take his heart out of desperation or zetsu eat him, otw it is easy to say that kakuzu will die at the combined hands of naruto and yamato but someone is dying before this fight concludes...

darkstar7
January 29, 2007, 01:49 PM
i think that naruto can also use the new jutus as shield as well

i like this idea and i could really see it happening! i can picture kakuzu launching a fire attack and naruto using the rasenshuriken to make a spinning shield for himself that deflects all the fire.

but first, i just wanna see naruto try to attack kakuzu with it!

since naruto is predominantly a close-range fighter and

yamato is a close, mid, and long-range fighter with his mokuton,

i think the next chapter will have naruto vs. kakuzu in close range combat and yamato supporting from a distance.

as mostly everyone has probably already said, kakashi, ino, and chouji will remain spectators.

and as for shika, sai, and sakura...who the hell knows...

PredatorNar
January 29, 2007, 02:32 PM
Look, since the fights got serious (after Orochi vs Sadaime), Kishi really hasn't bothered showing handseals in fights (I guess it got too hard to go through all the seal combos for jutsus and keep it scientific as opposed to made-up). It's more like mages just throwing $hit around... oh well, as long as it's entertaining, but sort of sad that he's abandoned it, or used the convenient excuse of "their hands move really fast".

Anyway, I hope this rasen-shuriken is a long range weapon, and it should provide kakuzu with a world of problems.

I'm pretty sure Kishi made you see the hand seals in the first few manga chapters so you get used to seeing how the shinobi prepare a ninjutsu attack. Most of the time now, I think the hand seals are just done off screen. I mean I can understand why. I wouldn't want him to waste a page showing hand seals rather than the actual action.

Also, I think the Kyuubi eyes is just Naruto further bonding with the Kyuubi. Remember in the Zabuza saga where Naruto was sliced on the hand and the Kyuubi power healed it? That shows the bonding too and since Kishi didn't show much more of the bond (that is supposed to get stronger over the years) throughout most of the manga, it's about time we see some more signs of Naruto bonding with the Kyuubi.

And these little signs are not much. I seriously doubt Naruto is gonna rely on the Kyuubi (at least not in this fight; it's too early). Naruto is learning to control his own LARGE supply of Kyuubi-less chakra so he obviously is trying not to use the Kyuubi chakra in any way. Maybe if he gets too mad, it will leak out but since, from what I see, he's not charging into fights where he'll get easily pissed. He's analyzing the situation and is staying cool.

bennibb
January 29, 2007, 02:35 PM
To the posts on page 9 in the bottom

If Naruto cant use it or dont use it as a shield, then its about time he develope hes own ultimate defence (or atleast a defence he can use when he cant dodge). After Sasukes Chidori Curent its about time he got some defence.
Some might say hes bunshies are his defence. But that is not an absolute defence (And wount work agains his rival Sasuke). Looks to me that all the great one has one.
So Naruto should probably get one soon to :amuse

Gulio
January 29, 2007, 03:40 PM
As long as it's not:
-a big cup of Ramen
-a Giant teddy bear
-his head
-a bunsin....
I'm happy.

Naruto will not be able to deal with kakazu by himself. He will need help. Yamato will most likely jump in as well as soon as naruto gest the piss kicked out of him.

bloodrage
January 29, 2007, 06:47 PM
As long as it's not:
-a big cup of Ramen
-a Giant teddy bear
-his head
-a bunsin....
I'm happy.

Naruto will not be able to deal with kakazu by himself. He will need help. Yamato will most likely jump in as well as soon as naruto gest the piss kicked out of him.

the only help i can see naruto using from yammato is if he gets mad and the kyubi starts to try and come out he may need yamato to supress it that is all

Omi
January 29, 2007, 06:50 PM
To the posts on page 9 in the bottom

If Naruto cant use it or dont use it as a shield, then its about time he develope hes own ultimate defence (or atleast a defence he can use when he cant dodge). After Sasukes Chidori Curent its about time he got some defence.
Some might say hes bunshies are his defence. But that is not an absolute defence (And wount work agains his rival Sasuke). Looks to me that all the great one has one.
So Naruto should probably get one soon to :amuse

Based on Naruto's normal behavior (copying other people's techniques and making them his own ... well maybe just Sasuke's), I guess he will probably try to create one if hasn't already since he has seen Sasuke's.

animemania
January 29, 2007, 08:03 PM
Finally, people who agree that narutos jutsu can possibly be used as a shield as i mentioned in my earlier post.

The only thing that worries me about this as a shield, is if Kakuzu fires a wind & fire combo. Since fire has superiority over wind and it is a high lvl fire attack, Narutos defence can be nullified. If this happens naruto will probably need to get water elemental support from yamato.

On another note though, if rasenshiruken can be used as a shield, it would be perfect against sasukes lightning attacks. It would be sweet if naruto manages to smash sasukes sword into bits using this jutsu.

bloodrage
January 29, 2007, 08:58 PM
Finally, people who agree that narutos jutsu can possibly be used as a shield as i mentioned in my earlier post.

The only thing that worries me about this as a shield, is if Kakuzu fires a wind & fire combo. Since fire has superiority over wind and it is a high lvl fire attack, Narutos defence can be nullified. If this happens naruto will probably need to get water elemental support from yamato.

On another note though, if rasenshiruken can be used as a shield, it would be perfect against sasukes lightning attacks. It would be sweet if naruto manages to smash sasukes sword into bits using this jutsu.

not nessecary, if the fire attack is at the same level as his wind shruiken, it will nullfy naruto's. but if not it will simply be defeated and i have seen naruto blow out saskues fire already!!!!

shachi
January 29, 2007, 10:48 PM
Short & Long Range Predictions
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that both Hidan and Kakuzu escape from this battle alive. Arguably, they're both too valuable for Kishimoto to "kill off."

a) Hidan has the motivation now to really go after Shikamaru, and that should make for a lot of suspense and conflict, narratively.

b) In addition to being a mid-range elemental jutsu specialist, Kakuzu is also Akatsuki's only *medical ninja*. (Of course, this is speculation since we don't know the full extent of Akatsuki's abilities/roster)

c) So, Kakuzu's abilities will help preserve and maintain Akatsuki's current roster. But why is that important?

d) It's important b/c I believe we'll eventually see more rivalries develop/continue to develop between individual members of Akatsuki and the individuals/teams of the shinobi villages.

Shikamaru v. Hidan
Might Guy v. Kisame
Kakashi v. Itachi (maybe what will bring Sasuke around is having Kakashi lose his life to Itachi)
Gaara v. Deidara
etc.

deathshadow25
January 30, 2007, 01:54 AM
I actually think that we might see kakazu pwned and he might tell a little story of his fight with the first.

erieru
January 30, 2007, 04:06 AM
I think it will be a terrible thing if Naruto needs help to finish off Kakuzu, if we think abou it, Shikamaru who is not even a Jounin yet took out one of the Akatsuki members all by himself, true that there are a lot of other factors to take into account, but still, he should be able to fight him equally and defeat him, plus he did say something like "I can handle him"
ahhh, can't wait. so I'm almost sure Kakuzu is also a goner, unless he gets some heavy reinforcements from Akatsuki, something like a retrive team, because I don't think an all out battle between one or two of the other members of akatsuki versus Konoha elite ninjas is yet to happen.
p.s. if it gets to that the only reinforcements I could think of would be Jiraiya and Tsunade and all the Jounin ninjas related to the 9 rookies

cerventus
January 30, 2007, 06:32 AM
Err Naruto is not even a Chunin yet.

But anyway I think, we going to see Kazaku escape with some aid maybe from Diedera or Zetsu.

Majincooler
January 30, 2007, 08:47 AM
to the guy above me PLEASE Dont read spoilers then come here and suggesting things and claiming ur brilliance WE HAVE a spoiler thread speically for people like YOU who enjoy NOT to predict....

EDIT: LISTEN TO THIS PERSON, AS WELL AS THE COUNTLESS MODS BEFORE AND AFTER THIS POST ABOUT NOT POSTING SPOILER INFO IN THIS THREAD FOR GOD'S SAKE. THAT SHOULD BE ENTIRELY OBVIOUS, BUT I GUESS IT IS NOT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Raine_Joybringer
January 30, 2007, 10:14 AM
Toad Sage has written a warning, but I'll spell it out loud and clear guys-

DO NOT DIVULGE IN POTENTIAL SPOILERS OUTSIDE OF THE SPOILER DISCUSSIONS BOARD.

It is bad manners, since there are some who do not wish to know. Also, don't try to be smart and take spoilers from that board and pretend you came up with it yourself. Again, you're leaking details, and you only make a fool out of yourself by doing so.

So please refrain from doing so and stick to the topic at hand, as well as sticking to your own personal opinion- not that created by someone else. Thank you.

laughing@you
January 30, 2007, 10:30 AM
Err Naruto is not even a Chunin yet.

But anyway I think, we going to see Kazaku escape with some aid maybe from Diedera or Zetsu.

:offtopic Naruto may not be a chunnin yet but he may as well be jounin. Naruto has dealt with far more powerful villains that chunnin can encountered and even survive.

Despite our frustration about his rank, I think kishimoto is doing well kipping naruto a gennin. Naruto is the typical story of the underdog who manages to win. The not so brilliant, winning against the so-called geniuses. If naruto is called a chunnin he may not be seeing the same way. As per the previous chapter by yamato letting naruto deal with kakuzu after seeing kakashi in the state he was, naruto could easily be at jounin or above level. Not because of knowledge of many jutsus, but most likely by power levels attained, endurance, and battle intelligence. He is actually the 1 most unpredictable ninja. right?

I predict that will own kakuzu in 3 to 4 chapters. Unless kishimoto decides to step the action a little bit.

This is naruto's time.

Elldar
January 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
hmm, just struck how me when Hidan took 1 heart from heart from Kakuzu wasn't moving, first I assumed 1 of the ghost had the third heart. But assuming they hadn't leaves the fact 1 ghost is left, maybe Kakuzu will ambush Naruto and Co.
Therefor it made sense for Sai and Sakura if they suspected an ambush, to trick Kakuzu to believe they left. (wouldn't bet two cent on this though)

ps. that chunin thing. Chunin exam was just to show the countries powers and not mainly to get people examined. Chunin is a squad leader, remember and the country may chose to promote without the exam because the exam has another purpose.

laughing@you
January 30, 2007, 10:52 AM
hmm, just struck how me when Hidan took 1 heart from heart from Kakuzu wasn't moving, first I assumed 1 of the ghost had the third heart. But assuming they hadn't leaves the fact 1 ghost is left, maybe Kakuzu will ambush Naruto and Co.
Therefor it made sense for Sai and Sakura if they suspected an ambush, to trick Kakuzu to believe they left. (wouldn't bet two cent on this though)

:blink huh? :blink

The hearts reside inside Kakuzu. Each heart represent a mask and one that kakuzu needs for himself. Each time kakuzu is killed any other heart replaces the one lost. So there's 3 hearts left.

What other ghost left will ambush them? The only two mask left are with kakuzu!!

cerventus
January 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
laughing@you... I know Naruto faced very powerful opponents b4 and I have all the confident in his ability.

Just wanted to remind ppl that Shika already a Chunin ..maybe promoting to Jounin after this fight. (Not too sure if there is a Jounin Exams. ) So Naruto is still the underdog.

Lets hope it is more the prankster Naruto which tricks his opponents instead of bulldozing away his opponents with his kyubi chakra

laughing@you
January 30, 2007, 11:46 AM
laughing@you... I know Naruto faced very powerful opponents b4 and I have all the confident in his ability.

Just wanted to remind ppl that Shika already a Chunin ..maybe promoting to Jounin after this fight. (Not too sure if there is a Jounin Exams. ) So Naruto is still the underdog.

Lets hope it is more the prankster Naruto which tricks his opponents instead of bulldozing away his opponents with his kyubi chakra

:offtopic Well the manga has stated that shika knows about elemental manipulation. Not that he can do it, but knows about it Which stated by kakashi is probably one of the requirements on becoming a jounin. Or morelikely that jounins at least have two elemental manipulation down. Which makes sense cuz in the Kakashi Gaiden, kakashi promotion to jounin was probably connected to his chidori jutsu.

Also, we are talking about a guy who didn't actually wanted to be promoted to chunnin, most likely doesn't want to be promoted to jounin. And by knowing the requirement of one, his staying away from it.

But again his intelligence and recent performance may notice him as jounin level.

Probably won't happen in this next issue but in a couple chapter it might!!!!

Rokudaime Hokage
January 30, 2007, 12:01 PM
It would be refreshing to see Shikamaru getting promoted, after all Neji is Jounin too and we didn't see that much of him in the Kisame fight... and that was 30% chakra of Kisame... Shikas plan killed 2 Akatsuki... I think Kakuzu is dead... so there is no reason to not let him be Asuma's successor...
next I wanna see Fuuton: Rasengan and not that crappy Rasen Shuriken...

cerventus
January 30, 2007, 12:09 PM
On course with perdiction. Naruto destroy one mask with a normal Rasengan from the back with another bunshin.The Fuuton justu is just a decoy. And Kakazu offers some infomation on Sasuke which makes Naruto mad in the midst of fighting.

White Rabbit
January 30, 2007, 01:50 PM
geez, i want some aftereffect of the scene where ibiki interrogates the bounty-station-dude.
they must have gained some useful information out of him... otherwise this scene would have been totally pointless.
but even more backup arriving would be a little lame too... and also there don't seem to be anything about kakuzus fighting style that has yet to be revealed.

damagichour
January 30, 2007, 02:04 PM
Kakuzu not gonna die easily he still got 3 hearts. Choji and Ino are no help right now, maybe yamato can help. Kakuzu has alot of fighting experience hes been around awhile i think he will be able togo toe to toe wit Naruto. I think hes gonna run off somehow and report all the info about the 9 tails to the A-Team. :smile-big

Elldar
January 30, 2007, 03:07 PM
:blink huh? :blink

The hearts reside inside Kakuzu. Each heart represent a mask and one that kakuzu needs for himself. Each time kakuzu is killed any other heart replaces the one lost. So there's 3 hearts left.

What other ghost left will ambush them? The only two mask left are with kakuzu!!

You remember the scene when Hidan killed Kakuzu's mask right, then Kakuzu obviously fell to the ground as he lacked heart to sustain the body, and just after his ghost attached to the body he was able to move. See there were only 2 ghosts who attached to his body,and he got 3 hearts. The conclusion I make is there is 1 heart "missing", and the question is where?

White Rabbit
January 30, 2007, 06:52 PM
there is no heart missing. the raiton-mask was clearly destroyed when the ghosts reattached back to kakuzu.
so it's rather obvious that it gave it's heart to replace the one inside kakuzus body.

cerventus
January 30, 2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah if not there should be only kakuzu and one mask left.
Since there were 4 mask and 1 real body.

Kakashi 'the man' used Raikiri to take one out.
Hidan accidently cursed Kakuzu.

Now Naruto have to destroy 3 hearts or totally destroy Kakuzu's body in 1 blow.
Unless here is the twist....Kakuzu cant kill Hidan because they have enchanged hearts...and Hidan's immortal's heart is in Kakuzu body. Beside Hidan can survive as just a head without blood circulation.

bloodrage
January 30, 2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah if not there should be only kakuzu and one mask left.
Since there were 4 mask and 1 real body.

Kakashi 'the man' used Raikiri to take one out.
Hidan accidently cursed Kakuzu.

Now Naruto have to destroy 3 hearts or totally destroy Kakuzu's body in 1 blow.
Unless here is the twist....Kakuzu cant kill Hidan because they have enchanged hearts...and Hidan's immortal's heart is in Kakuzu body. Beside Hidan can survive as just a head without blood circulation.

yeah there is only two maasks left ,kazkuz already said it he lost two hearts. so that leaves him with three, and one is needed to keep his body moving, so there can only be twoo masks left.

i don't know how this thing works, hindan's jutsu no fluid going too his head .how does he keep talking, kno blood to the tissues in his brain no wonder kishimoto din explain it .

j4x0r
January 30, 2007, 10:47 PM
well, you'd think that for a guy who doesn't die from having his head cut off, that normal human physiology doesn't apply to him

anyway, my prediction is that naruto will only get one of kakuzu's hearts, reason being is because that everytime that kakuzu's hearts has been taken out, the location at which he was struck was always in the same place (kakashi stabbing him in the heart and hidan stabbing himself in the heart), so in order to take out the 5 hearts it seems like they have to strike at the same place 5 times

harpo_marx
January 31, 2007, 12:02 AM
Well, that might be the case but as we saw earlier, rasen shuriken destructive blast can cover a lot of ground, meaning it could be 1 hit kill!
Not likely doh, kishi could stretch this indefinably.

sirlipton
January 31, 2007, 12:20 AM
I predict Naruto will be forced to unveil that Jutsu!!!
I further predict Naruto and his clones will use one handed Rasengans.
I dont think he really has a special jutsu up his sleave like everyone else seems to think, i think he just some kind of jutsu that draws out the 9 tails fox for power but probably makes him lose control, by saying not to use it, its obvious that the jutsu is extremely dangerious to naruto's health

girlsfavtoy
January 31, 2007, 03:18 AM
I dont think he really has a special jutsu up his sleave like everyone else seems to think, i think he just some kind of jutsu that draws out the 9 tails fox for power but probably makes him lose control, by saying not to use it, its obvious that the jutsu is extremely dangerious to naruto's health

What you say is a contradiction to the manga.... Naruto does have another jutsu he hasn't revealed yet.

Prediction: naruto does the same thing as the simulation to distract kazuku to get in close, the 2-3 clones go bye bye, kazuku uses his chakara strings but naruto cuts it with his new jutsu. Naruto cuts kazuku, but kazuku is able to sow himself back up to some degree and he himself reveals a trick up his sleeve.

I'm thinking the new jutsu can cut (if the chakara is concentrated) or have a exploding factor if the concentration is released.

cerventus
January 31, 2007, 03:40 AM
Naruto might have a new hidden jutsu as Jiraiya told him not to show around his jutsu when he wanted to show to konohamaru. Maybe it is not complete.

As for Odama Rasengan, Maybe we will see that again. Since that jutsu got Chiyo said " That kid" and it was able to kill at Itachi at 30% chakra level.

Side note: Wonder will he add Wind chakra to the Odama Rasengan?

Shouji
January 31, 2007, 08:06 AM
that secret justsu of naruto can be a temporaly release of the 9 tails seal, to

bennibb
January 31, 2007, 11:12 AM
Dont think 9 tail chacra relese is a jutsu. Just chacra :narutokyu. But, the jutsu Jiraya talked about, would be fun if it was the Youndaime Sandaime Sealing jutsu :yondaime :sarutobi

yemsta
January 31, 2007, 11:31 AM
I just had an thought the best possible person to kill kakuzu is........... wait for it ...............................TSUNADE. She isnt particulary fast but her crazy strength can get out of the tentacles. Then she can cut of the chakra to the hearts that he uses as well as his own heart. SHe would pwn his ass in seconds.

cerventus
January 31, 2007, 12:16 PM
wait for it? Barnie is that you?

Tsunade shouldnt be in the picture at all for this fight. This is Naruto's almost real fight after Time Skip. (even Kakuzu left only 3 hearts)

I dont think so showing kyubi chakra will be a jutsu as Naruto initially wanted to show Konohamaru, unless Naruto wants to injure him.

As for next chapther, we will still see Shika and Hidan trying to scream from beyond the grave. Sakura will arrive and Shika will ask...who is fighting the other guy?

monkboy
January 31, 2007, 12:26 PM
After learning this new jutsu from kakashi, makes you wonder what he really learned, if anything, from Jiraiya. He'll probably kill all three hearts in one blow to show how awesome his incomplete jutsu is.

laughing@you
January 31, 2007, 12:35 PM
After learning this new jutsu from kakashi, makes you wonder what he really learned, if anything, from Jiraiya. He'll probably kill all three hearts in one blow to show how awesome his incomplete jutsu is.

I don't know!! The way kakuzu can move those hearts, there could be a posibility that he could escape. Leaving one heart on the ground, poping back out after everybody is gone. And I don't think he'll pull out a sasori. I let you kill me, kinda of stuff.

Probably moves under ground an reaches hidan patch him up and live like a parasite in Hidan body!!

That would be cool!!!

In 50 chapters Hidan appears with two heads. Hidan say's....Guess who's back bi-atch???? Jashin-sama hasn't forgotten you!!

Shikamaru - Ba..Ba..Ba-ka-na!!!!!!!!!

sirlipton
January 31, 2007, 03:00 PM
did anyone else notice that kakuzu is very similar to one of the tigoro(cant spell) brothers from the series Yu-Yu hakiso? to defeat that enemy all it required was hitting his body completly, so maybe thats exactly what naruto intends to do with his new jutsu. The clones will probably serve a vital role in positioning kakuza for a fatal attack :amuse

darkstar7
January 31, 2007, 09:23 PM
did anyone else notice that kakuzu is very similar to one of the tigoro(cant spell) brothers from the series Yu-Yu hakiso? to defeat that enemy all it required was hitting his body completly, so maybe thats exactly what naruto intends to do with his new jutsu. The clones will probably serve a vital role in positioning kakuza for a fatal attack :amuse

i'd actually like to see kakuzu continue to lose one heart at a time, but your prediction is probably more likely. As much as i'd like to see kakuzu continue to put up a tough fight, i wanna see him die soon even more because dedicating two or so chapters to killing each single heart would just be too much!

ZoinKerS
January 31, 2007, 09:43 PM
I wonder if the wind rasengan can even be thrown. I thought the wind rasengan was just the normal rasengan imbued with wind element. This means Naruto has to maintain the rotation at that intensity (the 3 step premise of the rasengan, random rotation, strength and maintaining it). I don't know how he'll be able to do that if he throws it.

Predator
February 01, 2007, 03:32 AM
OK ..... As the new chapter has come to our hearts.

From this post on ..... The 340 Discussion.

rocklee87
February 01, 2007, 04:04 AM
did the attack fail? or did naruto pull back??? i have to learn how to read japanese

then thinking of sasuke

Predator
February 01, 2007, 04:23 AM
did the attack fail? or did naruto pull back??? i have to learn how to read japanese

then thinking of sasuke

The attack failed, because he hadn't mastered the technique yet. Remember that it's only halfway done.

alexandrosgnr
February 01, 2007, 04:30 AM
So the new jutsu is not ready yet to be thrown...

Kinda dissapointing for the new Futon Rasengan Shuriken but it doesn't matter, we can wait..

The attack failed, because he hadn't mastered the technique yet. Remember that it's only halfway done.

Yeah he is halfway there, but he is also a ''completely new Naruto''. I wasn't expecting for the technique to fail.
(Happy new month!!)

Sarmad
February 01, 2007, 04:40 AM
I don't know what to think! :scry

I need the Translation ... even if his attack failed, why didn't he just save himself with a fuuton or the like? It is aweful to see, that after all the hard work, Naruto still had to be saved by Kakashi and Yamato. Ok, maybe he was just exhausted from the Jutsu-creation training, but still he should've managed to save his own ass.

DAMN IT :yelling

ophidial
February 01, 2007, 04:44 AM
well despite being a close range attack so far, i have confidence that
it will eventually be thrown, also i'm glad it fizzled, one chapter to get rid of
kakazu would of been too rediculuos and finally, GO YAMATO YOU FREAK!!

amg
February 01, 2007, 04:47 AM
naruto is weak is it illegal to make him cool for once. i am really pissed of the manga should be called sasuke :mad :mad :mad

Kaddel
February 01, 2007, 04:57 AM
I agree, I really need the trans. I also want to know what the allusion to sasuke was about
[br]Posted on: February 01, 2007, 04:49:08 AM_________________________________________________I disagree, one of the reasons I like Naruto (as manga) is that the main character is always the one that beats the big bad guy (one of the reasons I quit reading Bleach and gave up on Dragonball Z)[br]Posted on: February 01, 2007, 04:51:56 AM_________________________________________________If you aren't watching, a trans is out..[br]Posted on: February 01, 2007, 04:52:27 AM_________________________________________________So it's a timing thing... he can only hold it for a short time...

I have some predictions, so on to that tread.

THANK YOU FOR GETTING IT OUT SO I CAN SLEEP!!!

ratfox
February 01, 2007, 05:05 AM
I consider this chapter to be a dud.

What was the situation before? "Naruto's got a new jutsu, he's going to get Kakuzu"
What's the situation now? "Naruto's really got a new jutsu, he's really going to get Kakuzu"
...Hmmmm...

passenger
February 01, 2007, 05:05 AM
really interesting chapter. to be honest i was expecting naruto to power up in a single chapter but it turns out that he has to struggle some more. although disappointed i somehow like to see the process instead of just seeing the result of recent training. on the other hand why does kishi hates his main character this much???? it is somewhat getting ridiculous from time to time.

zagman505
February 01, 2007, 05:21 AM
ugh... this chapter is almost completely useless =( why didn't kishi just have naruto hit kakuzu with the jutsu this time? he's obviously going to hit kakuzu sooner or later, why bother going through the whole, "you don't have to cross this 'dangerous bridge'" and "please let me do this alone, don't remove that 'dangerous bridge'"? =(

imported_rock_Lee
February 01, 2007, 05:47 AM
oh wow kishi have done it again. :mad

So next chapter we will see how Sakura and Sai arrive at Shika and start talking with him, after that we see naruto again for a sec and then we have to wait one more week for the next chapter and so on..

This could last for months. :(

kyubisharingan
February 01, 2007, 06:02 AM
thanks to yume for the great scanlation, this chapter was great. lol, i almostt thought the rasenshuriken caught kakuzu

Raijatsu
February 01, 2007, 06:39 AM
soooo dissappointed! X(
instead of making him stronger kishi made him lot weaker in just one chapter......

kelvezu
February 01, 2007, 06:43 AM
another really shitty chapter by kishi... another 10 minutes of my life passed while reading it and i want that back damn. cant kishi let naruto kick ass just once?

TechnoMagus
February 01, 2007, 07:01 AM
maybe kishi's doing the same formula with the completion of the rasengan. remember naruto was owned by kabuto before naruto succeeded in completing the rasengan with a clone. he just needed a chance to hold kabuto after some taunting and chit-chat. maybe same thing here....

Raine_Joybringer
February 01, 2007, 07:06 AM
Naruto failed... o_o

Somehow I find this ironically hilarious after all that we've seen out of Sasuke.

Anyway, I'd better get working on my Wrap-Up of the chapter later. I'm definitely going to have a few things to say there.

mars0103
February 01, 2007, 07:12 AM
Naruto failed... o_o

Somehow I find this ironically hilarious after all that we've seen out of Sasuke.

Anyway, I'd better get working on my Wrap-Up of the chapter later. I'm definitely going to have a few things to say there.

thats not irony that was just stupidity on narutos part making a jutus that only has a shelf life of 10 seconds at best at the moument is stuid. but naruto has a nack of prefecting jutus in the heat of battle so i let it go. :)

Raine_Joybringer
February 01, 2007, 07:23 AM
thats not irony that was just stupidity on narutos part making a jutus that only has a shelf life of 10 seconds at best at the moument is stuid. but naruto has a nack of prefecting jutus in the heat of battle so i let it go. :)

It's ironic story and character-development-wise. But perhaps there's a better meaning to it than it seems. It shows that Naruto still has many obstacles to cross, and even though something like that may have bruised his confidence and ego, he still got over it and is willing to go on despite it.

I have to agree that Naruto comes up with the best things in the tightest of situations, so hopefully we'll be seeing something happen when Kakazu decides to get a bit more serious on him.

Rokudaime Hokage
February 01, 2007, 07:26 AM
wow me is so relieved that the rasen shuriken is not a throwing bullshit... *phew* I could shed a tear...
I hope Chouji and Ino die in the battle... ^^ I hope I don't get flamed for this...

btw

I think I think I know why Kishimoto let the RS fail... it is just to let us and Kakashi see how Naruto changed... like how good he is able to make use of his KB now...

Sarmad
February 01, 2007, 07:38 AM
It's ironic story and character-development-wise. But perhaps there's a better meaning to it than it seems. It shows that Naruto still has many obstacles to cross, and even though something like that may have bruised his confidence and ego, he still got over it and is willing to go on despite it.

I have to agree that Naruto comes up with the best things in the tightest of situations, so hopefully we'll be seeing something happen when Kakazu decides to get a bit more serious on him.

I'm eagerly awaiting your Wrap up Raine :) !

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 07:45 AM
How I hate Sasuke, and Naruto's preoccupation with him. The only sensible emotion that Naruto should have for Sasuke is the desire to kill. Seems being nearly killed repeatedly doesn't help his second-rate brain realize the truth any.

@<the guy who said that Naruto focussed on taijutsu to help defeat Sasuke, instead of ninjutsu):

Against Sasuke... taijutsu is extremely dangerous. Almost suicidal. Sharingan users can predict your actions, so unless you're much faster, they will anticipate your actions, and act accordingly(while the non-sharingan using opponent will not have time to react.. especially at close range).

The only real way to fight a sharingan user is from a distance and preferably with high powered attacks, as countering jutsu with other jutsu while using the sharingan is a quick way to run out of stamina... Plus, that way you can adapt to the sharingan user's attacks, which would be impossible at close range.

Large area effect jutsu are what Naruto should have practiced during the timeskip.
(Would've done well against Orochimaru too... he also uses a lot of taijutsu)

-----------------------------------

I'm quite annoyed with Chapter 340(much like many other people :)).

And what is with this, one rasengan only idiocy that Naruto does. His clones can make Rasengans fine. Have them take a dozen of them in, rather than making one at a time.
... have the clones rain shuriken and kunai on the opponent for distraction(assuming that he can defend himself from all such attacks).... a few kunai hitting Kakuzu's feet or any other vulnerable spot(maybe from the behind) would do Naruto a lot of good.

... and what is the point of these super powered jutsu, that are ultimately just enhanced punches? What if Kakuzu redirects Naruto's rasengan, or rasen-shuriken back at him(twisting his arm)?... like those fights you see on TV, where two guys are fighting over a knife or a gun.

If you've managed to distract your opponent, a knife to the throat, or in the eyes should be enough(normally). I wouldn't be too shocked if losing his brain did Kakuzu in, despite having hearts left.

--

Kakashi has seriously dirtied the 4th Hokage by comparing Naruto to him.

------------------

@Rokudaime Hokage: I didn't expect it to be throwable... but it would've been nice if it was... preferably at super-speed using wind manipulation, so its not so easy to dodge :)

Galth
February 01, 2007, 07:46 AM
I think I think I know why Kishimoto let the RS fail... it is just to let us and Kakashi see how Naruto changed... like how good he is able to make use of his KB now...

Yeah, on one hand it was a complete blooper, on the other hand we saw Naruto now fight with a plan (as he showed us he was capable of last chapter). He doesn't make hundreds of clones without thinking, he makes just as much as he needs and uses them to aid his plan, instead of all attacking seperatly. Notice the subtlety of this in the attack pattern too, the old Naruto would've charged them all in the front, these clones circled Kakuzu at a safe distance before attack from three different angles at the same time. :amuse

alexandrosgnr
February 01, 2007, 07:47 AM
ok. i was expecting Naruto jumps in the sky, then makes 2 loops, then stretsing his body trying to achieve the most power, then release the suriken and then KABOOOOOOOM on Kakuzus chest.... (Sasuke's style)

But instead of this, we get a very big ''NOTHING''
I think that the old, classic resengan would have done it much better..

Kishi have the patience to keep writing this manga for ever,
i dont know if i have the patience to keep reading this manga for ever

Galth
February 01, 2007, 07:49 AM
And what is with this, one rasengan only idiocy that Naruto does. His clones can make Rasengans fine. Have them take a dozen of them in, rather than making one at a time.

Well, a true Rasengan still takes up a lot of chakra: using multiple of them would force Naruto to end things quickly. If the enemy has some secret weapon way of dodging them, and Naruto's out of chakra, he's screwed over good... >.>

tombstone
February 01, 2007, 07:51 AM
That was..... somewhat lame.

A few good things came out of this really. Naruto's feint worked well (how?!) against Kakazu, this shows that his speed has gotten a LOT better... He comes up from the side of Kakazu who isn't exactly the slowest ninja we've seen, and has a shitload of experience, you would have thought that he's seen KageBunshin/<anytypeof>Bunshin countless times, and would know of feint tricks. Plus, having a big spinny shining (well, maybe) ball of chakra in his hand puts him at a slight disadvantage in the "slyness" category.

I'm a bit suprised Kakazu didn't react to seeing Yamato's Mokuton though, as it was supposedly only Shodaime that could use it and I'm sure Akatsuki haven't kept a really close eye on every single ninja in Konoha (unless Itatchi knew of him).

PLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE don't let Kakazu die though, he's an awesome char, much like Sasori was, but he died :(

Koen
February 01, 2007, 07:56 AM
hello, what was this. Is this called a chapter? Man, this was so annoying. Why does kishi has to postpone this. There is no tension at all. Only a failed attack, saying to kakashi-sensie let me cross that bridge and again thinking about that stupid sasuke. And what about next chapter? Going to shika his situation, and again waiting. Man this is really annoying. Cut the crap, let the action begin and let us see what naruto is capable of. Or just quit it.

The only positive thing was: yamato his attacking skills. That was quite cool, but for the rest the chapter was NOTHING. One dissapointment, luckily there is D.Gray-man

imported_rock_Lee
February 01, 2007, 08:00 AM
To say the truth the only interesting thing was to see that Kakashi was still able to fight, and was not like some of us thought totally worn out.

So if the backup were not there he surely had used his Mangekyu sharingan against Kakuzu.

Koen
February 01, 2007, 08:01 AM
and what did happen with that training with jiraiya. What have we seen, only that kyuubi force. Did he train naruto like oro did, or did he just watched women. What did that pervert teach to make naruto better? I still do not know

Egoboo
February 01, 2007, 08:04 AM
I´m not gonna repeat what others already said...all i can say is
"Stop NAMING chapters "The result of training", MAKE them the result of training." For f***´s sake, i´m getting sick of Kishimoto´s addiction to letting Naruto fail everything from pissing in the right direction to not looking like an absolute blooper!
....that above was obviously just the part of me that actually expected any kind of progress in Naruto´s character after that training and should not be accepted as an objective statement about the newest chapter....just the Rage of a Naruto fan who felt like smashing something when Ino said "Just acting like the big man...that´s all we should expect from Naruto."
-----------------------*switching to neutral mode*
Seems like Kishimoto refuses to let Naruto actually act on a consistent level of skill....he just keeps switching between normal Naruto und Sayan, based of whether or not he has a flashback of Sasuke....
Other than that, i do agree with Khaludh on the point that Naruto´s growth in general tactics is actually showing right now...to bad that this had to be paired with an almost complete failure on the jutsu part.

yeste
February 01, 2007, 08:09 AM
Well I guess this is just another lesson for us fools who were thinking that Naruto will actually change after all this time and become something like a real leading character!!! Guess that will NEVER happen!!!
Looks like the author is going to make him a clumsy dumbass till the very end of the series... Ah man... :(

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 08:12 AM
@Khaludh: Its true that it takes up chakra.. but likely not too much for the guy who can make thousands of clones when he needs to. Also, in being forced into a form of greater destructive power, its chakra cost is likely under that of the chidori... Where it takes lots of control, I don't think it takes as much chakra to create.

Either way... against a single opponent and with no need to hold back, its better to unleash absolute destruction than to worry about the possibility of unexpected jutsu... that implies that the enemy has the chance to counter-attack(a chance they shouldn't be given anyway).

Its better to make them react to you, rather than the other way around.

.. Also, coming close to the enemy in the Narutoverse is lunacy. There are far too many jutsu available, and if you're close you're more likely to get caught, and less likely to be able to react effectively.

Bringing his main body near Kakuzu was a bad idea, and one that would have gotten Naruto killed if Kakashi and Yamato hadn't saved him.

---

Seriously Jiraiya taught Naruto nothing... not even the basics of tactics... Minor improvement in taijutsu he could've managed on his own, or practicing with Lee.

---

The comment about the rasen-shuriken being a monster jutsu by Kakuzu... wonder what he'd think of Jiraiya's jutsu.

Yondy
February 01, 2007, 08:16 AM
I told some of you guys!! I had a feeling that the last spoiler was true!! So before going to bed i tried to get used to the idea of Naruto looking like an idiot.

So when i read the chapter now i even enjoyed it! It was cool in a way. Although Ino's comment pissed me off. But what is obvious, is that Kishi wants to make Naru look like an idiot, so when he actually kills Kakuzu we'll all be *surprised*. Probably he wanted the end of Kakuzu in coloured pages (cause next week it's in colour, right?)

Naruto will be doing dumb things til the end of the series, where we will be all trembling, saying "pleasedon'tscrewupagainnaruto!". And it is in that very end when we're assuming that the little guy is going to fail when he surprises us all! Boom!

Anyway, I'm overexcited today, don't mind me. To be honest, this was pretty much a repetition of last chapter. Kishi is trying to drive us crazy. He's doing all this on purpose. Torture.

Rooks
February 01, 2007, 08:25 AM
I understand why people don't like this chapter - I too was really hoping for something more instead of basically a 'filler' chapter which doesn't really advance the story.

However, kishi is a good story teller and I have no doubt that this failure is just setting up for the next chapter (or the next few..) Let me elaborate.

First of all, we are used to Naruto failing and being stupid, and then getting bailed out. We are also used to naruto getting the snot kicked outa him (or someone else) until he freaks out, goes Kyuubi, and then regulates. Naruto was supposed to have a year+ of training in the span of a day, so he should have matured a LOT... we got a taste of it with the use of his KageBunshins as a distraction... but look at the bigger picture now -

Kakuzu knows the Jutsu and knows that Naruto was only using the Kage Bunshins for a distraction. He should be able to predict and dodge any attempt of Naruto's to land that jutsu again. What better way to show REAL maturity and progress from Naruto by giving his enemy information about his technique (instead of being surprised by it) and STILL be able to land it?

Akatsuki are elite ninja. They shouldn't fall for the 'same jutsu twice.' (Heck I think that's a Kakashi Quote from the first Arc!) For Naruto to hit Kakuzu now would mean that he has had some SERIOUS growing up over this training period.

I think having the jutsu fail sucks, but I see how it can be used to develop the plot .. Im sure Naruto is going to pull off some sort of sick Shikimaru-esque coordinated attack, jack Kakuzu with his technique, and have it look totally amazing. Anything less than that would be a TRUE dissapointment.

I say wait a week before you condemn this chapter - it could make the "real" Naruto-Ass-Kicking-Chapter that much better.... :)

(Yes it totally sucks we have to wait at least a week for it :( )

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 08:29 AM
Hopefully, at the end we'll find out that Naruto was the 4th Hokage reborn. The original personality will awaken, overwriting Naruto's, and thus he will become cool, and achieve his dream as well :)

Seriously, Kishimoto is turning Naruto into such a loser, that I actually want him to fail and die.

@Rooks: Kishi was a good story teller. What in Part 2 has actually been really good? The story has no real depth. We've seen plenty of jutsu, but its more DBZ-ish, than how Naruto used to be. The ninja coolness has seriously dropped.

Early Naruto came up with more interesting fighting solutions than Kakashi today does.

... and if he had so many clones available... would it have killed him to spare two or three, for learning other jutsu? maybe getting a few lectures on tactics from Kakashi/Yamato... Even a nuke isn't really useful if you don't know what to do with it and where to use it.

jester065
February 01, 2007, 08:31 AM
....Look at all the hate for naruto.. its kind of sickening and not even worth reading most of them.. but anyway

I like this chapter. I never saw Naruto throwing it and i knew the jutsu wasn't complete so i wasn't supprised that it failed. I mean come on him one shotting Kakuzu in just one chapter....NO! As for Sasuke don't think he can take Kakuzu with 3 hearts but that what i think so don't try and post anything about yes he can and not have any fact to back it up. An also saving someone is way harder than trying to kill them... you need to have a big power difference to just capture them and not kill them.

Anyway back to the chapter... It was great he showed he thinks and his planned worked up until is jutsu poof on him. Thats something that he didn't factor in i guess. I predict at the end of this fight after he take a few of kakuzu's heart or just killz him he will have surppassed kakashi to those who don't think he has.

Yeah Ino pissed me off too... for someone whose done nothing the entire battle... she's still talking.

Its only one chapter guys get over it this is a akatsuki member, their not going to die that easy and Naruto not going to win that easy. Yes, this may not be his best moment right now for him but there still alot of chapters to go... so if you can only think about one chapter at a time... this may not be the manga for you. Hell you may wanna wait and DL all them all at once at the end of the month so you don't get mad.

@ rooks
i agree with you

Sephcloud
February 01, 2007, 08:41 AM
OMG That kishimoto is REAAAAALLY Drawing everything out

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 08:43 AM
In a weekly series, every chapter, or nearly so, has to be interesting.

If he couldn't hit Kakuzu, he should have blasted the ground with a clone and done damage to Kakuzu that way(maybe taken advantage of the distraction to use a regular rasengan on his head). If he knows that the jutsu dies after a little while, he should use it to do something/anything while he can.

---

As for Sasuke... CS2, with Part 1 Sasuke having the full sharingan, could well have defeated Kakuzu. Sasuke's Part 1 speed upped 10x, with the predictive abilities of the sharingan, and his jutsu all made more powerful, would have given Kakuzu no chance to properly fight.

Bukkage
February 01, 2007, 08:45 AM
Yep totally a filler chapter and a complete waist of time. If you havent read it yet dont just wait till next week. The sad thing is if you just ignored this chapter and read next weeks its basically starting the same way naruto trying to land his new jutsu. This just really irritates me Kishi doesnt have to give us a chapter if he doesnt have the material for one. He shouldn't put out a subpar chapter just to deliver one in shonen take the week off and develop it instead.
:s

Elmdorz
February 01, 2007, 08:49 AM
Zsych I think you are clearly obssesed with Sasuke. I mean first off Taijutsu is the sharingan's weakness, for you to say its not is just plain wrong. Secondly part 1 Sasuke would die a horrible death to Kakuzu. I know everyone loves the Uchiha's but you are giving them waaaaaaaay to much credit.

As for this chapter, I think it was great, Im not sure how many of you actually read the translation, but what everyone said about the jutsu is practically what we said. Its a very direct attack and its not going to work on him. This will FORCE Naruto to find and use NEW ways to beat his opponents. And what he said at the end is what Ive been waiting for Naruto to say since he was a lil kid. That he cant stay a kid forever. Its time for him to start carrying his own weight.

Egoboo
February 01, 2007, 08:50 AM
@jester065:The problem is not that Naruto failed to get rid of Kakuzu right away...that would have been ridiculous and of course also contradicts the whole underdog-theme of this manga.
I suppose most people (at least i can say that i did) choked at how much Naruto looked like an idiot.
Sure, he did almost hit Kakuzu..which is indeed nothing easy....and Ino (as much as i actually like her) should keep her trap shut about that. But she is right about the fact that Naruto did brag like he always used to and also failed and had to be saved..."just like the good old days, eh Kakashi-sensei?"
I do not think that Kishi will hinder Naruto to grow better in many different aspects, but i do think that making Naruto look like an idiot at the beginning of every goddamn fight isn´t such a good approach at developing the main character, is it? (and yes, that´s an answer to jester´s "you have to look at the whole deal"-statement....the whole deal simply is that Naruto always fights that way and nothing has changed about that since the beginning).
@Elmdorz: Let´s pray Kishimoto will actually let Naruto do exactly what you stated, shall we?

Elmdorz
February 01, 2007, 08:54 AM
@Egoboo

Mark my words, this will be the time Naruto changes forever. Not only will he impress his team he will impress us and mess up Kakuzu bad.

Making the main char an underdog for most of the series is a good thing. Kishimoto clearly made this happen on purpose. He wants us to all think Naruto hasnt change and that hes just the same ole guy since the beginning. It seems most of us have bought into Kishi's game. Now wait and see next chapter. I bet most peoples reaction will be OMG! Naruto pwns!

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 08:57 AM
@Elmdorz: Actually I detest Sasuke more than any character in Naruto. That doesn't change the sharingan's predictive ability any.

And you misunderstand the fight with Lee. In that specific situation, Sasuke had a limited sharingan, and Lee was so much faster than Sasuke that even seeing the technique(enough to copy it), he couldn't actually dodge the technique.

Now Sasuke has super-speed and the ability to predict his opponents actions(including taijutsu) before they are made, and already counter-attack while the attack is being made.

The only way to defeat the sharingan is with large jutsu that are not easily countered. Since using the sharingan and other jutsu at the same time has a very high chakra cost, using powerful jutsu and forcing the sharingan user to counter them while using the sharingan is the most sensible way to wear them down.

---

As for his being the underdog... Being decently intelligent, but not quite managing to defeat his opponents would've been fine. But of late neither the goodies or baddies(minus Shikamaru), really use good tactics.

Edit: It occurs to me that almost no one outside of the Uchiha likely knows that using the sharingan and other jutsu together is extremely straining.
Still, coming close to someone who can predict your every move(ignoring the genjutsu), is probably a good idea. And if you have lots of chakra, you're still safer not going close, and using powerful area destroying jutsu(so that evading them won't mean as much).
... Jiraiya should've known all this.

Raine_Joybringer
February 01, 2007, 08:57 AM
I understand why people don't like this chapter - I too was really hoping for something more instead of basically a 'filler' chapter which doesn't really advance the story.

However, kishi is a good story teller and I have no doubt that this failure is just setting up for the next chapter (or the next few..)

That's the spirit :) I'm sure Kishi had some kind of purpose for this chapter, even if it's not apparent. You would think he would have had some kind of written plan thought out before this week, so it's not exactly like he should be stuck with thinking.

Bah, but still, another week of waiting!

Elmdorz
February 01, 2007, 09:01 AM
@Zsych

I guess we look at the sharingan differently. Because personally I cant see a jutsu being so powerful that the Sharingan just doesnt know what to do(unless its a bloodline limit). I just think that if someone has ultra hi speed taijutsu, the sharingan user is in a world of hurt. Of course we have yet to see hi speed taijutsu other than Rock Lee opening the gates..

I think Naruto has finally used his clones for a better purpose. But I will admit I was suprised the Rasenshuriken was a direct attack and not a projectile.. That wasnt what I expected... Kinda disappointing.. But I can only imagine what would happen if someone would to get hit with that.

Egoboo
February 01, 2007, 09:02 AM
@Egoboo

Mark my words, this will be the time Naruto changes forever. Not only will he impress his team he will impress us and mess up Kakuzu bad.

Making the main char an underdog for most of the series is a good thing. Kishimoto clearly made this happen on purpose. He wants us to all think Naruto hasnt change and that hes just the same ole guy since the beginning. It seems most of us have bought into Kishi's game. Now wait and see next chapter. I bet most peoples reaction will be OMG! Naruto pwns!

Read my prediction in the predictions-thread...i am expecting him to do so, using what he has learned, his will of fire and most importantly what he just saw of Kakuzu´s skills....and then kick his ass, making Ino look like this: O___O and forcing Chouji to faint because of Naruto´s holy aura of 1337-ness.
All i´m complaining about is that Kishimoto just has to use the same old pattern everytime Naruto fights: screw-up at the beginning, Activation of "ImagonnagetSasukeback´tebayo"-mode, pwnage or at least more serious fighting with more effect. Would be nice to see Naruto actually use what he learned in all this time (and he did learn, that´s obvious and will be even more obvious in the next chapter) from the start of a battle instead of first getting kicked in the nuts first.

Elmdorz
February 01, 2007, 09:05 AM
@ego

hehe yeah I know what you mean. Though I think that in this chapter specifically Naruto was comparing himself to Sasuke, not so much so thinking of bringin him back. Well thats what I got out of it. I think Naruto finally realize that Sasuke has been doin his own thing since they were 12.. And now its time for Naruto to walk that path of courage and all those other good things. I think this will be his defining moment. But of course we got to wait 7 days now :*(

jester065
February 01, 2007, 09:06 AM
.. Your assuming that Kakuzu is slow... when he has proven he is not and if Kakashi can't toe to toe with him... i doubt that Sasuke can... their still close in strenght right now. Their's not many who can take a 1v1 in the manga right now.

We've already seen the crater it makes and Kakuzu said many time he can't take a hit from that and someone of his strenght saying that means alot and notice he hasn't said that about any other move used on him up till now. Kakuzu is old and knows alot of things that have yet to be show i think. Also on Sasuke... all he has done is shown he can be a eel and added chakra to his sword... not too impressive really and truefully only person who didn't seem to read his speed was sakura everyone seem to be able to read him.

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 09:15 AM
A far superior taijutsu user could defeat a sharingan user. A far superior ninjutsu user(with jutsu too powerful for the sharingan user to copy or stop), could defeat the ninjutsu user.

If a technique has physical requirements(like lets say a jutsu that depends on the byakugan, or needs lots of chakra, or more speed than the sharingan user has), copying the jutsu won't help the sharingan user any.

--

For the same speed and strength, a sharingan user will defeat the other taijutsu user.
For somewhat greater speed(in the opponent), the sharingan user will still beat the taijutsu user.
For much faster speed, that the sharingan user, despite predicting the opponent's attack, can't react to... the sharingan user is toast.

... translation... you likely have to be several times stronger than the sharingan user to defeat them.

And in Sasuke's case.. and if you factor in CS2... it'd be Kakuzu, or Lee, or anyone else opposing him, that would be too slow to react(especially without the sharingan's ability to see beyond the speed of normal human eyes)

--

@jester: Do you think that Sasuke, back in Part 1, with CS2 increasing his speed 10x(along with his chakra and everything else) wasn't faster than Kakashi? I personally would have expected CS2 Sasuke with the full sharingan to crush Kakashi into the ground.

Koen
February 01, 2007, 09:18 AM
I have come back to sense, and maybe I did not like this chapter because I read it in chapters. Maybe when you read the whole volume, people would appreciate me. Kishi forgive me my insolent behavior :D

laughing@you
February 01, 2007, 09:20 AM
Anyhow thinking positively.....watching kakuzu craps his pants at the sight of naruto's jutsu made my day!!

Kishimoto likes to do cha-cha-cha with the pace of the story but that has being done since the begining. So after processing the chapter, Naruto almost got kakuzu, that has to count for something.

It looks like chouji still wants to fight, and not only that he wants to take him on alone!!....Bring on the pills!!!!Lets see Chouzilla kicking some butt!!!

And i'm still amazed how yamato can hold back after displaying so much power. He could probably take on kakuzu withouth breaking a sweat with his mid-long range attacks.

Another thing that amazed me was kakashi he still in the fight. After all that fighting, taking kakuzu and hidan at the same time saving team asuma, he still can do a raikiri and save naruto. I bet he could still fight kakuzu on his own, if he decides to use the mangekyo sharingan( if he chakra left to do so).

I love the way chouji complained to naruto, I though you would throw that thing not run towards him with it!!!

Becuase of the slow pace i would give this chapter 3 out 5.

Sephcloud
February 01, 2007, 09:23 AM
I agree with most stuff said here except for one thing, Sasuke would probably not have lost against Kakuzu, he definatly would not have owned him and he probably would get pretty hurt but still you have to think of that sasuke now can release Chidori from his entire body and in that way he would've been able to counter kakuzus creepy stingers or whatever the f'ck it is. :p

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 09:25 AM
True, that, taken as a whole volume it likely won't be so bad... but didn't the earlier volumes of Naruto seem much more enjoyable than these volumes?

@Sephcloud: After having learned who knows how many jutsu from Orochimaru? Whatever jutsu he was going to use against Naruto and lot to casually crush them out of existence, before Oro stopped him, would likely have been ugly stuff.

Death Element jutsu : Ninja to Slave Lich.
X Element jutsu: Mass Permanent Henge to tadpole.

MasterOdin
February 01, 2007, 09:31 AM
I have to admit, I was disappointed when reading the spoiler for this chapter. Having read the chapter itself I thought it was better. I can't wait to see what happens in the next one!

Shouji
February 01, 2007, 09:33 AM
at least the art on this chapter was very good

yemsta
February 01, 2007, 09:36 AM
Most people dont like this chapter but I believe that it will set up for a fantastic ending to this fight. Now we have seen the old naruto and he wishes to mature and we have all seen what power naruto has when he concentrates and is determined so next week we will see a good chapter. therefore I am happy with this chapter

Thanks kishi and MH

Galth
February 01, 2007, 09:40 AM
Try to keep this on-topic, people, sasuke vs kakuzu isn't the subject right now (make a thread in the toshokan if you want :p) and the best way to counter the sharingan isn't either... >.>

So, Fuuton RasenShuriken... It would've worked well against most opponents, but i guess Kakuzu was just this jutsu's weakness, with his black spaghetti technique blocking people from actually reaching him... :amuse

Shouji
February 01, 2007, 09:41 AM
on the core both of then want just power, but why they want is totally diferent

back to topic:

is he is going to use futonrasen again next chapter it was a uselees chapter

dimska
February 01, 2007, 09:47 AM
I just had a very disturbing thought: it looks like Kishimoto was intentionally delaying the action in previous chapters (and in this one too) in order to make Shipuuden's chronicles beginning match both in manga and anime.
This could be confirmed by next issue's colored pages who are supposed to celebrate part 2 of the anime. Did he delay everything just so that he could be synchronized?!?

Edit: in order to discuss a bit, this chapter feels terribly akward: the art is great and Naruto's finishing move is very nicely done but I still think it was a wasted chapter in the sense that it can't be enjoyed without reading the one afterwards. In an other word, if you haven't read it yet (chances are really small, I guess) I think it'd be better to wait a week and read it with the next one who should hopefully complete it.

Sarmad
February 01, 2007, 09:52 AM
All i´m complaining about is that Kishimoto just has to use the same old pattern everytime Naruto fights: screw-up at the beginning, Activation of "ImagonnagetSasukeback´tebayo"-mode, pwnage or at least more serious fighting with more effect. Would be nice to see Naruto actually use what he learned in all this time (and he did learn, that´s obvious and will be even more obvious in the next chapter) from the start of a battle instead of first getting kicked in the nuts first.

Egoboo is totally right! :nod
It's about this pattern. Why does it always have to be like this? At first he acts so foolish, everyone's making fun of him (he gets his ass kicked +saved by others) and then "boom" he's all serious?! Why?! :notrust The moment when Naruto arrived to Kakashi's rescue, he said that he'd take care of Kakuzu alone. He seemed serious and Yamato talked pretty big about Naruto being totally different.
From that moment on Kishimoto shouldn't have let him fail again. But he did it anyway to prove S%!*! Hence no matter what Naruto shows us, it will be the old Naruto, the kid, that gets his ass kicked at first and then gets serious or goes wild.

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 09:56 AM
Zaraki's reasons are purer. He wants to improve himself. Sasuke is a hurt brat, and likely spends more time imagining what he'll do to Itachi, than training(probably).

--

Ultimately, the way its being used, the rasen-shuriken is just a more powerful rasengan, and in that just an equivalent of Tsunade's strong punches, except that she can use hers at will.

... Its too dependent on taijutsu techniques, on actually being able to hit your opponent with your hand in a very small space of time. A ninja with a bow and arrow would likely be more dangerous than Naruto is with it.

As it is, its not really a powerful jutsu. Its basically like Kakashi's chidori.

the chidori could kill in one hit, but even Kakashi's high speed couldn't guarantee that it would connect, without being able to predict the opponent's movement using the sharingan.

(Naruto needs to kill Itachi, take his eyes, and then go after Sasuke :))

---

Maybe Naruto will go Shikamaru on us, in the next chapter :)

---

It would have been amusing, if Naruto used the Kyubi's chakra in a controlled way(beast form, without tails), and sent waves of thousands of clones against Kakuzu. It would have been kinda funny, having Kakuzu simply fall over from exhausted chakra, having killed thousands upon thousands of Narutos, only to find that there were thousands upon thousands more being produced(with the real Naruto a reasonable distance away, so that he himself can't be attacked)

laughing@you
February 01, 2007, 09:57 AM
I just had a very disturbing thought: it looks like Kishimoto was intentionally delaying the action in previous chapters (and in this one too) in order to make Shipuuden's chronicles beginning match both in manga and anime.
This could be confirmed by next issue's colored pages who are supposed to celebrate part 2 of the anime. Did he delay everything just so that he could be synchronized?!?

Sync with what? The RazenShuriken first victim?

Anyhow it will be interesting to watch how naruto will try to get near to kakuzu now that know his attack pattern with kage-bunshins.

And naruto still needs to finish the jutsu. I'll bet sasuke will be surprised on seing naruto perform a jutsu of this caliber and be more shocked knowing it took him a couple days to achieve it!!!

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 10:04 AM
As likely as not, we'll find Sasuke has developed an equivalent jutsu, and that Naruto having achieved something far beyond the ability of the 4th Hokage means nothing anymore.

(Personally, I'd like to see Naruto's wind jutsu trump Sasuke's strongest fire jutsu, proving that there was a vast difference in class... but I doubt that'll happen)

Shouji
February 01, 2007, 10:15 AM
As likely as not, we'll find Sasuke has developed an equivalent jutsu, and that Naruto having achieved something far beyond the ability of the 4th Hokage means nothing anymore.

(Personally, I'd like to see Naruto's wind jutsu trump Sasuke's strongest fire jutsu, proving that there was a vast difference in class... but I doubt that'll happen)

He indeed developed , But Orochimaru dont let him use , its a afire jutsu , he uses the tora seal on it.

well after sasuke open a cratere just for waking up i think naruto has a long way to go

dimska
February 01, 2007, 10:19 AM
Sync with what? The RazenShuriken first victim?

I think Kishimoto wants to synch hurricane chronicles with Naruto's first usage of his wind jutsu which will hopefully give him the name of the shipuuden ninja as Yondaime was the yellow flash. The use of the new jutsu isn't about killing Kakuzu, it's about Naruto becoming Yondaime's successor.

laughing@you
February 01, 2007, 10:20 AM
:offtopic Sasuke has to yet show chakra manipulation, he already has two elemental manipulation, but no chakra manipulation. But this is not the issue here!!

I wonder what other thing naruto manage to learn?

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 10:22 AM
That when, with the Kyubi, Naruto should have turned out as someone who could totally outclass Sasuke or anyone else with power... someone who could only be defeated by godlike skill.

... but alas, it was not to be :)

(I don't think that Sasuke has chakra manipulation... its not really needed either I think... look at the kind of jutsu Orochimaru and Jiraiya perform.. although they seem to be much more than just elemental jutsu)

gcd
February 01, 2007, 10:26 AM
@Egoboo

(1)

Agreed

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 10:33 AM
The only way he's going to pwn is by using the completed jutsu on his opponent... preferably without having to use too many feints.

To prove his complete superiority over his akatsuki opponent, he had better kill Kakuzo, despite the hearts remaining, in one blow.

... Wonder why he couldn't maintain something of the level of the rasengan at least, when the jutsu was dissipating.
The original rasengan, was roiling chakra, forcefully contained within a sphere of chakra. It should be possible to maintain the sphere with the chakra contained(wind or not) with one hand... as Naruto does for his regular rasengan.

... and if the shield broke... why didn't the futon rasengan explode instead, with all of the power in it being released in an uncontrolled fashion(that would hurt Naruto as well)?

(oh well.. little point debating Naruto-verse physics)

Sarmad
February 01, 2007, 10:39 AM
Ehrm .. I just noticed now. Oh man, what's with Naruto's mien (facial expression)? I don't talk about his eyes .. It's the way he's looking. See here (The panel in the right corner): http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5866/017cg9.png

It's so different from before and kinda strange .. almost like the way sasuke looks. Serenity?
Well, i don't know if this has any meaning. But it's definitely strange :oh

edit:
I've never seen Naruto with this kind of expression on his face...

Elldar
February 01, 2007, 10:41 AM
haha, you must laugh at the reaction fthe most ppl in this Forum (didn't read all posts since I fell asleep after the fifth raging bloke).

Geez, let him fail it so, just better that way in the loong run really, I don't won't him flashing around with a jutsu freaking overwhelming the esrie, and all the villains get hell of alot stronger than normal, and the whole manga falls apart. seriously it was a good thing for it to fail.
If you want progress just wait this isnt the last chapter, can't see how Kishi could change the world in matter of 16-18 pages TBH!

ZsychPrime
February 01, 2007, 10:46 AM
The way he seems to be smiling? I wondered at that too... just not too much.

Probably serenity at knowing that he has surpassed Naruto utterly :)

--

The problem is this:

Naruto in the fight with Zabuza: Not powerful, but competant and useful.
Naruto in the fight with Haku: Powerful, and thus useful.
Naruto in the 2nd half of the chuunin exam: Competant.
Naruto against Kiba: Weaker but creative/competant.
Naruto against Neji: Well fought(ignoring 64 Hands, and Kyubi power).
Naruto against Gaara(someone that the Jounin and Kazekage of Sand couldn't kill): Competant.
Naruto against Itachi and Kisame: Pitiful, but understandable, and being beaten once is fine.
Naruto against Kabuto(high jounin level): Overall, success.
Naruto against Sasuke: no comment.

And then, since the Sasuke arc started:
Naruto against Jiroubou: Useless
Naruto against Sakon: Stupid misuse of jutsu, and again, useless.
Naruto against Sasuke: Overly simple, and basically depressing. Sure we knew Sasuke was gonna escape but it was badly handled.

Naruto against Itachi: Crushed like a bug by mini-Itachi, despite 2.5 years of training by Jiraiya for the specific purpose of being able to survive Akatsuki(and likely Sasuke,Orochimaru as well). And basically played a minor part in the actual defeat of the Itachi clone... a guy with a knife would have done as well.
Naruto against Deidara: Basically useless throughout the fight. Had no remotely useful jutsu or strategies(after 2.5 years with a sennin), and finally became a Kyubified animal, who still managed to fail to defeat an armless Deidara, killing a clone instead.
Naruto against Part 2 Sasuke: Insignificant.

-------

In other words, the Naruto we grew to like was nothing like this latter day loser. His intelligence has fallen, his power has not improved in any real way, and besides superior taijutsu, he has been an inferior ninja.
In a serious fight, by what we've seen.. I almost expect Part 1 Naruto to beat Part 2 Naruto(minus crazy Kyubification, but if Part 1 Naruto just manages to run away, Part 2 Naruto will fall by himself).

(or at least would have, until this specific fight, though he isn't saved yet)

Sarmad
February 01, 2007, 10:50 AM
But look at what Yamato said, it's in the same panel. It's either nothing or everything >.>

Marq
February 01, 2007, 11:12 AM
When I read the spoilers, I had a feeling this would be true. Kishimoto does like to use humor in some awkward situations. Reminds me of the time naruto went all out on Gaara, wrapping an explosive tag with the kunai, charging, dodging all of gaara's moves, and suddenly when he gets an open spot:.. he performs 1,000 years of pain. That was funny. This however. Was not. I'm really disappointed. Oh and great, kishimoto makes naruto's motive sasuke yet again. I swear, ever since naruto cared (rescue arc)about sasuke, the damn series itself has gone done a downward sprial. Seriously, naruto has turned from annoying, spunk, prankster, to a damn naru/sasu fan. I know he would eventually grow up out of his prankster, but come on, at least kishi should've made naruto more like jiraya or something. All that build up and he ends up blowing it. I'm getting tired of the underdog theme. It's been played out over and over. Can it get to a point, where the enemies dont' underestimate naruto? I mean for crying out loud he is the damn nine-tails jinchurki. You think the enemies would be wary of his ablilites. I mean 4-tailed kyubi naruto almost took out orochimaru. You think word would spread to Akatsuki after that.. sorry for the little ramble. Just disappointed at this week chapter. At least there is bleach, eyeshield 21, and one piece to tide over this disappointment.

edit: Proabably only thing that made me laugh a little, is that choji said, I thought you were going to throw it? (kishi fooled me there, I thought it was a projectile attack)

noblue4u
February 01, 2007, 11:16 AM
I hope Kishimoto-sama and you all will forgive me, but what was the point of this last chapter? After all that build up, very little happens and the chapter ends with the exact same expectations as the last!

Don't get me wrong, this sort of thing happens a lot in this manga, like the chapter ending with something like "Next time: Destructive Bloodbath!" when in reality, the next chapter has Kakuzu and Hidan picking flowers for the flat they share together. But this is a little different as the pictures and plot DO follow the preview text but circles back around to the end of the last chapter, promising us yet again that we'll see a whole new Naruto. Even Ino comments on it! I hope chapter 341 doesn't end the same way for the THIRD TIME.

Doesn't this just feel like a stall? A very unnecessary stall? If they went through a year+ of fillers in the anime to get the manga far enough ahead, they're doing a poor job of giving the manga enough material to transfer over to the anime.

In any case... what was with his Kyuubi eyes? Is he in fox-mode? I never thought twice about it last time because I figured... "he's molding chakra, Kyuubi eyes are acceptable," but even as he's standing there talking calmly with his teachers, there they are. I know that a lot of people are begging for Naruto to use the Kyuubi more, but I think it would be way better if clumsy, noisy, once-unpopular Naruto surpassed the 4th on his OWN, without Kyuubi's help.

woof
February 01, 2007, 11:21 AM
just finished reading and i must say he really is our suprise ninja nr1 ^_^