PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing [Webtoon] Peak by Im Gang Hyeok

k-dom
August 08, 2012, 12:40 AM
Resume :

21-year-old [Ryu Yeon-seong] is about to start his mandatory military service in the ROK Army. But unlike most other conscripts, he and four others are assigned to the mountain police rescue unit stationed at Mt. Bukhan, a small mountain on the outskirts of Seoul. Not knowing much about it, they think it'll be a walk in the park, and count themselves lucky to have landed such a cushy assignment. But when they arrive at the mountain, the group soon learn that they're in for more than they bargained for.

The author has split the storyline into seasons. After each new season the author restarts the chapter numbers. The Vol.# represents the season number, the first chapter number is how the author numbers the series, and the number in parenthesis is the chapter's number in regards to the whole series.

Original webcomic: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/peak

Does someone read it ? The art is really really good, one of the best in webcomic. The story is in its early stage, webcomics tend to be slow paced, but it's quite good

BakaHaze
August 08, 2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks for introducing this one, looks pretty good.

k-dom
October 17, 2012, 01:40 PM
Oh I didn't notice that we almost catched the original webtoon. Egscans seems to have made a huge effort on this serie and that's great since I start to really like it. And after having a 'peak' to next chapter, their new boss looks like a rather interesting character

---------- Post added October 17, 2012 at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was September 24, 2012 at 09:35 PM ----------

And indeed he is, it's funny how just a character can level up a serie.
Has anyone ever wanted to watch the sunrise this way (http://img.batoto.net/comics/2012/09/26/p/read506347d3cd4eb/img000026.jpg) :-)

cearon
November 05, 2012, 06:45 PM
well i must have to say i didnt think very much about this manwha at the begining. i am pleasantly suprised to discover this is much more deep than meets the eye. chars, art and overall complexity of the story is something of a suprise to me in a webtoon. good going k-dom. :super

k-dom
November 06, 2012, 01:33 AM
Oh, that's cool that you like it. I must say I enjoy reading it. There are not that many non-fantasy action webtoons.
I first started it because the art was great and now I'm waiting for next chapters. The new boss is really cool.

Mr. Arashi
April 08, 2013, 02:20 AM
Mountains?

Catched my attention, my next read will be.