PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 297 Discussion/ 298 Predictions

ghostexiled
August 24, 2012, 06:09 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

Razh
August 31, 2012, 04:53 AM
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297

Darjaille
August 31, 2012, 05:00 AM
:wtf

I'm loving how Mashima made this chapter. Somehow my eyes are all teary, huh.

Surprised about Yukino, is she being lied to... yeah probably :/

I'm wondering if Levy is writing this as a letter just so that she can get it out of her system, like a diary, or Lucy lost her memory and she's trying to make her remember. But... everyone died? We know that's not possible so... :| Time traveling soon?

Somehow I'm starting to believe the theory that The Mystery Zeref-like person is Lucy-from-the-future.

sarutobi_sensei
August 31, 2012, 05:01 AM
This chapter was awesome! so many things!

They changed targets to FT. A graveyard for dragons? Wow!
I hope she's not referring to her dear Gajeel having died. People are going to die, I'm betting its going to be Makarov one of them.

Why do I have a feeling that the girl is from the future and came to warn FT of this? It might even be Wendy.

To Ryuzetsu land? Moving to another place like Edolas? God I so want ot to be next week!

Levi got a scar on her cute face damn... And will FT really lose or will this be changed?

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 05:04 AM
LOL.. After reading the chapter, I'm even more interested in who that "girl" is. It definitely isn't Yukino, who has been shown in the chapter, which... leaves

1.) Either a completely new character, which is rather unlikely, considering Jellal's reaction, which suggests that it is a person he knows.

2.) Someone that has already been introduced... most likely a Lucy from the future, considering the arc is supposed to have a serious Lucy role in it... and if it's Lucy, then things are definitely going to get lot more complicated. Of course, it can be someone else, but it would be limited to the number of characters who have already been introduced and who Jellal has met before.

Anyway, it's definitely a quite interesting turn of events.

Darjaille
August 31, 2012, 05:05 AM
Oh, okay, so after thinking about things a bit, I'm on the team that the cape wearing girl is Lucy and she came from the future to change what happens, so that what Levy is telling us about doesn't happen that way. Because all of them aren't going to die, obviously:scry And if not Lucy, then this a "someone" who responds to Levy's desparate calls for help and does it.

Uriel
August 31, 2012, 05:07 AM
I couldn't breath. So much tension being build up!

This chapter is incredible. Even being a setup, it was was incredibly well handled and with many things happening at once without ruining the flow. Great work Mashima.

-Ken-
August 31, 2012, 05:08 AM
I hope they won't died. Man, the tension this chapter build is simply amazing.

Duniak
August 31, 2012, 05:10 AM
Damn, Mashima knows how to build up tension. Every chapter is just more epic, he doesn't have bad chapters. As some people said, I bet for Lucy and time-travel.

halfcrzy
August 31, 2012, 05:11 AM
Missing the possibility of it being lucy's mom. She did die at the same time as the dragons, and she knew about secret magic.

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 05:13 AM
Obviously no one is going to die, at least not among the main cast, something will happen to prevent that, most likely due to this "mysterious girl's" involvement, but whatever happened to Lucy - if the girl in the current chapter is actually her, to obtain a Zeref like presence is still going to occur, it has been further accented by Carla, who once again saw the destruction of that castle.

As for it being Lucy's mom, I think that's unlikely, since how Jellal would be capable of knowing her, not to mention the hooded girl looks like a teenager, not a grown up mature women. Unless you want to say that Lucy's mother somehow became younger, due to whatever connection with the dragons she might have.

Darjaille
August 31, 2012, 05:25 AM
Ryuuzetsu >> Dragon tongue

Guessing we'll see more of actual dragons in their lair, or the graveyard Gajeel found.

Duniak
August 31, 2012, 05:27 AM
If it really is Lucy from future I wonder why she has presence like Zeref. Maybe everyone from the future has such presence, and Zeref is from future as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Lucy from Carla's premonition is that Lucy from future. Assuming it really IS Lucy. Damn you Mashima, making me impatiently wait one more week for next chapter. >.<

Chris38: Considering the whole story is being narrated so, actually, it already happened and Levy has some scars we can assume something big gonna happen, and someone gonna die as she wrote. The thing is, it's TROLL MASHIMA, Levy can write about dragons or people from Sabertooth. Sting wanting to kill actual dragon to prove he's DRAGON SLAYER in front of others, Rogue saving Gajeel or Leon saving Gray, who knows. After "and... and... my dear... also..." there's no "die" so who knows what she had on mind.

Kuza
August 31, 2012, 05:38 AM
Very intresting and informative chapter.
1) Arcadios is told to be saving the world but wasn't he working for Zeref?
2) FT gonna have a damn tough battle on last day. Jura vs Laxus, Natsu vs Ichiya, Erza vs Kagura, Gray vs Lion and gays from blue pegasus vs Gajeel xDDD Also they have to take out ST, so each of FT member might simultaniously take up to 2 serious opponents. Gonna be epic.
3) Mysterous girl, for Lucy from future she seriously lacks breasts, so I've got no conclusions about this part
4) With this dragons graveyard shown it might be possible that Arcadios is actually trying to ressurect them or something
5) Rest of ST members don't seem to be bothered or stressed, they are either stupid or got something serious in their arsenal.

All in all good chapter.

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 05:42 AM
Chris38: Considering the whole story is being narrated so, actually, it already happened and Levy has some scars we can assume something big gonna happen, and someone gonna die as she wrote. The thing is, it's TROLL MASHIMA, Levy can write about dragons or people from Sabertooth. Sting wanting to kill actual dragon to prove he's DRAGON SLAYER in front of others, Rogue saving Gajeel or Leon saving Gray, who knows. After "and... and... my dear... also..." there's no "die" so who knows what she had on mind.

If this is actually a Lucy from the future, he could easily cover it up, by having the Levy narration and all the, and... and... picture's, become an alternate dimension, which would have occurred if "Lucy" - one of the probable explanations of who the "hooded girl" is, hadn't came back to the past and changed it.

I know it sounds pretty confusing, but that's what you get, when you introduce the concept of time travel into a story.

zahnskye
August 31, 2012, 05:44 AM
Personally, I actually think that MORE than one character from FT is going to end up dead. Still not liking Sabertooth, and for their whole buildup of "we're the best, you can't beat us" they didn't seem surprised by the fact they got completely trashed. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but may have been in response to the dozens of whiners regarding last chapter. I'm just hoping that before people from FT start dying we get to see some blood shed from Saber. As for WHO is going to die, I'm calling Gray, Erza, Natsu and Lucy. The Levy writing is obviously from the future, or rather, after the end of the arc and the only reason she'd be writing is to continue on Lucy's chronicles of Fairy Tail. She also asked for someone to SAVE them, and while I don't think she means FT, I do think that her words herald the return of the dragons. The only monsters, and I'm using the word literally here, powerful enough to even take out some of these guilds and cause true drama have so far only been shown to be dragons. After all, if it wasn't for Aconologia FT would've remained on top. The one dragon, alone, changed the course of history by acting. The whole dragon grave thing was awesome, made more awesome by the fact that Gajeel stumbled upon it because of the supposedly "unimportant" event of Natsu pushing him into the cart.

Essentially, even though the fight went the way the people were expecting (not counting the tons of whiners) the outcome was offset by the fact that no matter what, at the end of the tournament bad shit is going to happen. Hopefully this'll teach Charla to tell people about her visions because bad shit tends to happen when she doesn't.

yieps
August 31, 2012, 05:44 AM
The poll is strange, first, "other". Really? Second, it is asymmetric.

I voted epic because the second part of chapter is really great. However, I hope there won't be any time traveling. The author can do that but, please, not the characters.
If some characters will really die I vote for Carla to be the first victim.

P.S.: It seems kind of strange if you can identify a character at once although seeing only part of her back side. ^^

hoeru
August 31, 2012, 05:45 AM
Hm... Looking at the "colorful" and still censored tv show, I don't think FT is going to get as dark as Mashima would start and kill off characters. I'm still wondering though, who Levy meant by "My dear"? Gajeel?

OMG... The girl's going to be "3173"... ;) Just kidding. I can't help thinking of her being somehow connected to Kagura (and therefore Gérard) ...

-Ken-
August 31, 2012, 05:46 AM
Well, what really surprised me most about this chapter is how the other sabertooth doesn't seem to be in that much of a shock. So the twin dragon is weakest of the strongest 5? All 3 certainly made it so it look like it's not that big of a deal.

Darjaille
August 31, 2012, 05:47 AM
P.S.: It seems kind of strange if you can identify a character at once although seeing only part her back. ^^

The person turned, Jellal saw her face.

Thuwa25
August 31, 2012, 05:48 AM
The chapter is great,

i think the woman that jellal said to reveal her face is Kagura Mikazuchi. I wonder will gajeel tell natsu and wendy about his discovery? I think most of fairy tail and the fiore kingdom will be die. i know its sounds pessimist but it fits carla's vision. i also think the last fight will bring about the apocalypse. i also would like to say poor levy i think she and possibly the dragon slayers will be the only survivors.

jacke12
August 31, 2012, 05:49 AM
The Tension in this chapter was so big first the Dragon graveyard then Levy from near future and everything destroyed also in the end the mysterious person who Jellal knows man and not to forget last black page with a big To be continue. I can only say that Mashima knows how to rise the tension and interest in only one chapter.

Hell if Gajeel finds dragon skeleton that looks like Metalicana that may bring tears to most of the readers. And the girl I can't think of anyone except Lucy and connect it with spoilers from volume 32 that we got that can be why she has presence that resembles Zeref's http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=899755514_0000014_122_23lo.jpg

yieps
August 31, 2012, 05:51 AM
The person turned, Jellal saw her face.

I was talking about the cover page.

El Maco
August 31, 2012, 05:54 AM
The girl would also have to be someone that Jellal knows very well. Since he spent most of his life in that tower and, apart from the other two in his new dark guild, only knows the key members of FairyTail, it should be a double of a young girl from FT. Lucy or a young version of her mum?

If the dragon's graveyard is right underneath the arena, I'm not so sure the conversations we've seen so far between them happened in the same world or time. Maybe their bodies are dead but their spirits have taken on some temporary form in another place with some ties to the dragon slayers. I guess Arcadios' ritual will restore the dragons with lots of deads as a result. We'll see and enjoy.

Ether
August 31, 2012, 06:03 AM
The chapter was really great, the tension was built up soo well! Really can't wait to read what's coming next.
And Sabertooth's master sure looks like he's pissed off huhu...
As for the events that'll take place after the tournament, what if those who caused them were actually the Demons? We still don't know what they're really made of.. But it's true that we don't know what the Dragons are actually aiming at yet. Wait and see

PS : is it me or Ichiya sounds like some kind of pedophile while saying "Let's have some fun?" x)

syx
August 31, 2012, 06:09 AM
i think the woman that jellal said to reveal her face is Kagura Mikazuchi.

This can't be since Kagura was shown in the grandstand (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297/3), while Jellal was following the mysterious woman.

I liked the chapter, nice build up. Surely I had enough of these boring tournament fights with those uninteresting opponents, just my opinion.

The mysterious woman could be Layla. She looks like Lucy, that would explain why Jellal recognizes her/thinks it's Lucy. Besides we already witnessed a timeskip without one of the Fairy Tail members getting older, so it's not out of play that Layla somehow didn't age.

LeoMarco
August 31, 2012, 06:12 AM
This has been a very tense week for Shounen Manga. Brilliant chapter, loving the build up. Mashima please don't disappoint me.

Judging by Jellal reactions, if the character is from the future, I think it's either Lucy, Wendy or possibly Chelia (no logical reasoning, but I'll throw in the possibility), hell it may even be Yukino - though I don't really see why. Though, judging Levy's words, it sounds as if Lucy is incapacitated, in a coma or possibly dead. Which probably has something to do with Arcadios and why he wants the celestial keys. I feel Wendy has the most potential to survive out of the three Dragon Slayers of FT.

As for the Zeref presence Jellal senses, might be the end equation of whatever Arcadios does with the celestial keys and the eclipse plan (providing he actually gets his hands on them, sounds like he has already lured Yukino).

On another note, did Carla's premonition before the S-rank exams ever resolved? My memory is a bit hazy, I don't really remember any of the events happening aside from meeting Zeref - which could again happen at any point in this story.

suraj5898
August 31, 2012, 06:18 AM
we have three cat in FT 1st is happy comedian 2nd is black cat who can fight and 3rd is Carla who can see vision of bad thing. worst cat Mashima create is Carla because even when she see bad things she never tell anyone so what good thing in her power if she didnt tell anyone about it ???????
future is going to change because if u interfacer in past future will change

ILikeSleeping
August 31, 2012, 06:25 AM
This has to be one of the best tension building set-up chapters that I have read in awhile.
If what Gajeel discovered really is a dragon graveyard, then the previous name of this event holds true. Perhaps it used to be that dragons fought eachother to determine the dragon king or the designated dragon king fought selected mages.
Nice to see Genma getting pissed, arrogant prick.
And holy crap, Mashima is throwing in time-travel? Judging by Levi's healed scar, the catastrophe must have occured quite some time ago in her time. Then you have this Zeref aura girl who has led some of us to believe is Lucy. But if that's true, wouldn't future Levy know of it? Why is she writing to Lucy as if she were dead? And then there's the event itself. The survival battle most surely wouldn't have caused and killed so many. Eclipse plan? Dragon? Both? Then you have the matter of what appears like character deaths. Gah, can't wait for next week, or rather the next several Weeks. And why won't Charle tell of her premonitions?!? She could potentially save lives here.

Aranilas
August 31, 2012, 06:29 AM
Wow, this chapter was great!
I got goosebumps an tears wow, Mashima knows how to build up tension - incredibile! But I really hope no one dies ... also, if this ends in a "sleep-thing" again, like after Acnologias attack - that would be very boring.
Last week it was quiet clear, that Mashima didn't push Gajeel into this adit, just that Natsu has the chance to show off.
There would have been no other possibility to let him discover this dragon graves without this action.
Although the fight between Gajell and Ichiya is mentioned, I hope he doesn't make it out of the adit by time, so that Mira has to fight on his position.
Who this "girl" is, Jellal caught ... I don't know. Maybe its someone from Edoals again. What also would be very interesting ist, when this "girl" Ui. Maybe she (or someone else) found a way to move back into her body (because shes not dead, she lives in the ocean). It would also be logical, that she have a Zeref-like aura, because she encased a monster made by Zeref for a long time. She also stood in connection to this whole Zeref "thing" because of Ultear ... who knows, maybe its her. Unfortunatly I don't believe it mysselfe. xD It would have no sense to bring her back - but it would be a nice possibility.
Probably its really somebody who stands in connection with Lucy.

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 06:35 AM
Carla doesn't tell anything for plot reasons, if she told most of the guild of what she saw, then nothing would have occurred, and all this teasing would be pointless.

Now, I doubt that things are going to be as bad as they seem to be, after all I doubt that "hooded girl" (possible Lucy from the future) would just be sitting there and watching the show, she will obviously have some role in this, probably something, which will prevent the worst option that Levy's narration speaks of, but, obviously she won't be capable of preventing everything - at least, she won't be capable of preventing the Eclipse Gate incident from occurring, and something bad happening to Lucy, but she will minimize it's damage, so that the "deaths" that Levy from the future speaks of, won't occur - at least that's what I think about this.

frozen18ice
August 31, 2012, 06:37 AM
wow the chapter was epic in such a way that it sets up a lot of things in motion. gerral finding this person and possibly the team that will save everybody and will redeem meldy and ultear in the process. gajeel finding the bones and being trolled to a different situation will have some kind of development. the two dragon losing pretty much would possibly mean they might join fairy tale eventually.
the person in the cape, looking at the way the clothing is made kinda reminds me of the cloths given by virgo and the second to the last silo-wet kinda reminds me of lucy. its possible that with all the keys of zodiac lucy is able to do something like jumping in time but have a high price. i wonder who is levy writing to save them.
i wonder if time is suspended like in fairy sphere where all are trapped in 7 years of halt and because lucy has the power to go into the spirit world she is unaffected by the halt in time and along with maybe a script magic from levy was able to send her in the pass to change things that is about to happen. levy did get that book from the spirit realm.

khaja_200923
August 31, 2012, 06:40 AM
1.Dragons Graveyard! just how long ago were they killed and by whom, since so many were killed it must have been in a war. we know of no such war between humans and dragons to this point in story. so i assume they were killed in the ancient two or three sided war between zeref's demon army and humans and dragons and hence came the existence of DRAGON KING FESTIVAL. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/292/19)
2.They died!!!!even after mashima showed us how powerful they became by natsu single handedly defeating two DF users without using thunder element.
3.Just how long in the future is levy-chan writing the letter i mean she has 3 scars on her cute face (i don't like the scars on her face or Tears for that matter).
4.jellal sensed the same magic as zeref's from that girl. so i say that girl must be lucy because she must have gotten that magic when the gateway (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/279/25) was opened.
and lucy is the only one capable of coming back to the past using celestial magic..or should be more like time traveling magic should be related to celestial magic(space-time).

Raicrune
August 31, 2012, 06:56 AM
Nice Chapter!
There are 5 interesting points shown in this chapter.

1. Lets defeat fairy tail! Its great to see the masters werent that suprised Fairy tail would come high.
2. The rest of the ST dont really look shocked anymore.To me thats weird because when Natsu and Sting first met, one of the people around said they were the strongest members of ST. http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/265/16
After the fight Rufus said he memorized it all.. like he can now counter and defeat Natsu now and maybe pass the info to the rest of the ST.
3.Gajeel discovers the Graveyard of the dragons.. Thats amazing.. Now im not dissapointed of Natsu pushing poor Gajeel out of the battle anymore. I hope Gajeel comes back with something really great.
4.The mysterious girl.. most of you already think its Lucy from the future to warn FT about it.
5. Carla keeps her mouth shut ignoring her gift and lets the world burn.

So many things going on Good work Mashima!

yieps
August 31, 2012, 07:00 AM
Carla doesn't tell anything for plot reasons, if she told most of the guild of what she saw, then nothing would have occurred, and all this teasing would be pointless.
Correct, it is a useless ability and in addition to that she is a highly arrogant and selfish character and thus not very likable which is why I support her death. :P

On another note, did Carla's premonition before the S-rank exams ever resolved? My memory is a bit hazy, I don't really remember any of the events happening aside from meeting Zeref - which could again happen at any point in this story.

Yes, the scenes of all three images she saw appeared but Mashima didn't use the exact same pictures.

khaja_200923
August 31, 2012, 07:00 AM
Holysh*t!!! i was just reviewing previous chapters i found this..
levy-chan writing a letter to lucy (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/274/21)

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 07:05 AM
Holysh*t!!! i was just reviewing previous chapters i found this..
levy-chan writing a letter to lucy (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/274/21)

That has already been discussed long ago, it was the first sign that something pretty serious might occur in the current arc - which has been later amplified with Carla's premonition in chapter 275.

1337 haxor
August 31, 2012, 07:09 AM
I think that the hooded woman is Wendy from the future, I know Mashima's writing enough to tell that he doesn't associate panels with future narration.

It remembers me on how he kept pointing at Doranbalt whenever hinting at the 7th Kin of Purgatory only to throw Azuma on out faces.

Plotwise, it makes more sense to be Wendy because Lucy would necessarily be dead if her keys were to be used in the Eclipse plan.

Characterwise it also makes more sense to Wendy since only time travelling would allow for a grown up version of her to suddenly show up in the cast. Besides, the mysterious women showed right at Wendy's fight, it's subtle but it might indicate there is a connection.

To even further that point, the magic Jellal presenced was probably associated with the wind to the point he mistook Shelia for the source.

My theory is that the wrecked future is the GREAT MAGIC WORLD.

Ultear reached her fullpower and discovered how to send someone back in time but she herself was to weak and ravaged to be of use in the past.

Since Ultear had only enough power to send back one person and 10 years in the future every present adult was either dead or too weak to make a difference, Wendy was the most powerful person and the only one who could carry on the job.

The Great Magic World is flooded with magic in the air, Wendy spent 10 years on a hellish nightmare that ironically gave her the richest enviroment for her abilities to grow.

What caused the end of the world as we know it wasn't the dragons, besides Acnologia they aren't evil.

In my opinion, the end was brought forth by the Eclipse, demons and Acnologia.

Zeref's magic is heavily hinted to use human souls to create immensely powerful demons, Eclipse is the culmination of that. They will use Lucy's soul to open the gate to the magic of one and in the process she would become an evil god with the power to wipe the world clean and replace it with the great magic world.

This is why Levi is writing madly in Lucy's diary, she isn't actually dead but a rampant monster that brought the end of the world.

As for the dragons, they are the only thing alive putting up a fight against Zeref's nighmare, the future is basically a huge battlefield between dragons and Zeref's demon legions while humanity is doomed and Lucy is the third impact.

khaja_200923
August 31, 2012, 07:21 AM
I got an idea why levy-chan wrote to lucy.
When lucy was made to open the gateway (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/279/25) she froze in time. just like how will neville's disciples froze when their magic link was broken..
so this is a recorded message for lucy to know what happened to her friends when she wakes up from her frozen state in the chaotic future world 100 years from then..
she experienced hell in the world she woke up. and came back to the past to look at her friends one more time.
she had zeref's magic because the world she woke up was full of dark magic!

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 07:25 AM
There is pretty much one thing that puts Wendy at a disadvantage from being the "hooded girl", it's the fact that this girl, apparently has a Zeref like presence, which suggests that she is capable of using a similar type of magic as Zeref.

Now, considering the fact that Wendy is a DS, like Natsu, and it has been implied that Natsu is the only person who can kill Zeref.

http://i16.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/209/fairy-tail-1514317.jpg

... I don't think that Dragon Slaying Magic, is capable of mixing together with Zeref's magic, I think that in fact that they are the opposites of each other, and since Wendy is a Dragon Slayer as well, I doubt she would be capable of learning Zeref's "death magic".

@ khaja_200923

Time stasis has already been used with the whole Fairy Sphere conclusion of the Tenrou Island arc, and I really doubt that Mashima is an author who would recycle idea's so often. Not to mention that you're theory contradicts a little with the premonition that Carla saw in chapter 275, which showed a crying Lucy using some unknown sing like spell - crying, meaning conscious and most likely aware of what is happening around her.

Ifrit
August 31, 2012, 07:32 AM
Levy still did not recover from the wounds look at her arms ...there bandages also her right arm has scar there.

This message is not far from the future. Only several days after the tournament ended. I wanted to copy the link, but khaja_200923 already did above.

I vote Epic, again Mashima got me interested , please for once keep going. As for the girl Gerard is chasing I support the theory of Lucy and time travel.

Buggy
August 31, 2012, 07:36 AM
I have never felt like this by reading ANY manga. That narration was so beautifully done that I'm left speechless. When black and white drawings can tap into emotion like this you know that it must be the ultimate art. Judging by other posts I'm not the only one. Chapters like this remind me why I read manga...

ace17
August 31, 2012, 07:37 AM
what if the dragons came back to life like in skyrim man who couldve killed everybody like that i honestly dont think its zeref that killed them in the future that guy is just trying to stay away from everybody

kkck
August 31, 2012, 07:41 AM
Well, if we have a time traveller here then I would argue it makes more sense that future levi is trying to communicate with lucy from the past. She is as of now a confirmed survivor as of now. A complete arc of time would make levi traveling possible and it would perhaps explain why she is emanating a magic similar to zeref's. Future levi is writing a letter addressed to lucy, I think that is also relevant if she intends to communicate with the past.

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 07:44 AM
Another thing that might suggest that the hooded person is Lucy from the future is... the battle that this hooded person has been previously watching, which was the Wendy vs Chelia fight:

http://i15.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/289/fairy-tail-3415419.jpg

Now, who are the persons that Lucy is the closest to, in the guild... apart from Natsu ?

There is Levy, but she doesn't participate in the tournament, but apart from that I would say that ... Wendy is also the person that Lucy has some close bond with.

Since the mysterious girl was present during both Wendy's and Natsu's fights in the tournament, what do you think it says about that person's possible identity.

I think the answer should be pretty obvious.

THM Nindo
August 31, 2012, 07:46 AM
Woah, this arc will be really crazy!
Going with what Levy said, a lot of people are going to die!! :(

That's unusual, giving that when the opportunity arrived, the author wouldn't even kill Makarov.
I still think that maybe, this future can be changed?

Either way, I've never been this hooked on a Fairy Tail arc!

And there was this scene with the graveyard...
I don't know what to think about that, but it means that we will finally have some answers about what happened to the dragons! :)

And, who could be this mysterious woman?
Layla, maybe?

Although, I wouldn't underdstand why she would cry while watching Natsu... if it was Layla, she would have cried while watching Lucy...
So, maybe...

Maybe, it's Natsu's birth mother!!

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 07:53 AM
The hooded person also watched the entire fight between Wendy and Chelia, which wouldn't make sense - since, she could easily be caught if she stayed in a place with so many people, considering her quite potent magical presence, if she hadn't had at least some relation with Wendy as well.

I think that disqualifies the theory of it being Layla, since if that would be really her, the fight she would be watching is Lucy's fight not Wendy's - after all, there is nothing suggesting that Layla is someone who has any relation with Wendy.

It's quite obvious that this person has both a relation with Natsu, since she cried, when she saw him, and with Wendy, since she stayed in the crowd, during her entire fight against Chelia.

And how many characters have been introduced that have a relation with both Natsu and Wendy, along with being someone who Jellal knows. I don't think that list is pretty long.

yellowblue
August 31, 2012, 07:56 AM
The dragon festival (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/292/19) must be a cycle and the eclipse project is an attempt by humans to protect them from demons and dragons. The dragons are soon to move (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/293/22) and it might be on the same day July 7. They are destined to die on that festival and a lot of them died when the dragons mysteriously disappeared last July 7, X777. The dragon graveyard that Gejeel saw is a testament to this. The one Levy mentioned that died might be a lot of dragons, one celestial magic user and a lot of participants in the festival.

The dragons trained the first gen dragon slayer hoping they will continue the fight even if the dragons are all wiped out. The third gen dragon slayers might be trained by captured dragons and are killed to get their lacrima and passed on to their student. The girl in the end of the chapter might be Mavis Vermilion in the flesh and her power have similarities to Zeref due to Lumen Histoire which is described by Ivan Dreyar as something dark.

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 08:00 AM
The dragons trained the first gen dragon slayer hoping they will continue the fight even if the dragons are all wiped out. The third gen dragon slayers might be trained by captured dragons and are killed to get their lacrima and passed on to their student. The girl in the end of the chapter might be Mavis Vermilion in the flesh and her power have similarities to Zeref due to Lumen Histoire which .

Rejected, due to the fact that Mavis is not someone that Jellal would know, since he doesn't have the FT guild mark and isn't capable of seeing her.

DEATHBOTT
August 31, 2012, 08:13 AM
perhaps gajeel will find a dragon lachrima on one of the dead dragons to give him an extra element or something.

yellowblue
August 31, 2012, 08:24 AM
Rejected, due to the fact that Mavis is not someone that Jellal would know, since he doesn't have the FT guild mark and isn't capable of seeing her.

That's why I'm saying in the flesh, could be from the past or future. This is something different from the projection being seen by FT members.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

perhaps gajeel will find a dragon lachrima on one of the dead dragons to give him an extra element or something.

What will be better is the lachrima of Metalicana assuming he died there. Not sure if the dragon is still alive. If he is still alive he might pass it on to Gajeel on July 7, same thing as Igneel to Natsu assuming they are part of what Levy mentioned that died on that day.

R3D
August 31, 2012, 08:38 AM
i wonder how far into the future is levy writing that letter , she doesnt seem like she aged but she has scars on that little face of hers =/

so ryuu is dragon , zetsu is fly trap , ryuuzetsu = dragon's trap ? maybe that graveyard gajeel found will be transported from somewhere ?

Beelzeboss
August 31, 2012, 08:47 AM
when the opportunity arrived, the author wouldn't even kill Makarov.

Quote for truth.

If Makarov didn't die against goddamn ACNOLOGIA (hell, if NOBODY died against that badass omen of the end of the eras), my money is on alternate crappy-future Levy, and everyone in FT surviving here. OR, the 3 dragon slayers dying, and coming back to life with their dragons, "Dragons can't die! :D :D :D" or the sorts.

Duniak
August 31, 2012, 08:53 AM

Now, I doubt that things are going to be as bad as they seem to be, after all I doubt that "hooded girl" (possible Lucy from the future) would just be sitting there and watching the show, she will obviously have some role in this, probably something, which will prevent the worst option that Levy's narration speaks of, but, obviously she won't be capable of preventing everything - at least, she won't be capable of preventing the Eclipse Gate incident from occurring, and something bad happening to Lucy, but she will minimize it's damage, so that the "deaths" that Levy from the future speaks of, won't occur - at least that's what I think about this.

Carla is just giving us spoilers or arc, some teasers, that's why Mashima put her in FT. She doesn't say anything because this manga would be about preventing disasters instead of facing them.

Maybe hooded girl is Lucy and Lucy from Carla's premonition is that Lucy and normal Lucy won't be in danger, her singing would be incantation to some crazy-strong spell (Fairy Sphere ftw?). There has to be reason for narrator change.

I think deaths will occur, but not to main characters. As I said before, Sting/Rogue noble death, redemption. I always wondered why they introduced Bacchus... new character, damn strong. In anime filler characters die/vanish, there's no point in keeping new, strong characters alive if they're just here to show FT strength.

davidvoyage
August 31, 2012, 08:55 AM
I need some clarification:
-"The last day was a violent battle"
-"Then on July 7th.."

Is the last day of the tournament = July 7th? (I guess it's before, probably july 6th?)

"We lost to destiny"
Destiny = FT should be dead 7 years ago. The dragons attack them again this time, so thats why they "lost to destiny".

tobeulp
August 31, 2012, 09:00 AM
Crazy Chapter I want the next one now lol... I hope we could see the last battle or else damn you Mashima going straight to another epic arc in the making ^^... Time travel is really a trend nowadays lol saving all the prediction next chapter this chapter is almost like a teaser for an epic arc coming

Franklyn D. Kieran
August 31, 2012, 09:15 AM
Anybody who has read Dragonball would know what I mean when I mention:
how Future Trunks came back to save everybody.
Reading this chapter of Fairy Tail brought back those memories.

This is why I believe that the girl Jellal just saw may be the future Lucy, going back to save the lives of her comrades by request of Levy and stopping this from ever happening. Those are just my thoughts anyway, sorry if anybody has mentioned the same thing previously haha.

Moving on from that I thought this chapter was amazing, so much build up for future things to come! I bet it really starts to kick in on chapter 300, maybe that'll be the chapter where we are introduced to the dragons?

JunKisaragi
August 31, 2012, 09:15 AM
Interesting theories here. I suddenly remembered an FT OVA (Memory Days) where we were introduced to time paradoxes. I guess the same will be at play here.

I do agree that the hooded person might be from the future and was sent to the past to prevent whatever it is that's going to happen. I can't make something out of the graveyard though.

Isn't it kind of eerie that they made mention of the last day to be a "survival battle where all the members of each guild participate"? Either something was lost in translation, or that it was intentional, used to foreshadow the eclipse thingy.

chess4
August 31, 2012, 09:28 AM
jellal and markorov are both going to die....no one is else is going to die from the crew that was frozen for 7 years.

JunKisaragi
August 31, 2012, 09:28 AM
Hmm...now that I think about it, maybe the person from the future is indeed Lucy, and that Levy is writing about the things that are going on in her absence, knowing that she might not survive to tell it to Lucy herself.

Aranilas
August 31, 2012, 09:35 AM
But there is one thing i don't get ... why Yukino offered Lucy her keys?!
Its not logical to give all keys out of their hands, when they want to use them - they also can't be certain to be able to kidnapp Lucy.
They want ALL keys for themselves to use them. Or would there be some magical appearance, when all 12 keys belong to the same owner?

I remembered the "DBZ-theory" as well. I can't wait for next week, I hope find out as well who this girl is.

khaja_200923
August 31, 2012, 09:37 AM
Seriously why is nobody discussing about dragons graveyard. it's huge news it just got overshadowed by levy's letter to lucy and the identity of that girl.

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 09:41 AM
But there is one thing i don't get ... why Yukino offered Lucy her keys?!
Its not logical to give all keys out of their hands, when they want to use them - they also can't be certain to be able to kidnapp Lucy.
They want ALL keys for themselves to use them. Or would there be some magical appearance, when all 12 keys belong to the same owner?

I remembered the "DBZ-theory" as well. I can't wait for next week, I hope find out as well who this girl is.

1.) To provide some relation between the manga and the current anime arc

2.) She wasn't part of Arcadios'es squad at that time, and her recent defeat by Kagura might have affected the way she is thinking - she obviously thought that Lucy would be a better master for her two golden spirit's, rather then Lucy.

3.) They are naturally going to be successful in kidnapping Lucy, and most likely using her for the whole Eclipse plan, since without that, all of this teasing would be a little pointless.

@khaja_200923

Probably, because we pretty much don't know what that Graveyard means - the only explanation, that I can think of, is that dragons once fought there, most likely for the dragon king position, but apart from that, there isn't much to say on this topic, in my opinion, at least.

Zehahaha
August 31, 2012, 09:42 AM
Erm, people from FT dying ? Really ?
I really do have doubt toward that, I still remember stuff from Tenrou Island arc where it seemed like ppl dying thanks to Charle vision and in the end it turned otherwise, also, I don't see the point of killing 3 members of FT at least (Note how Levi was saying " and... and... and my dear...), that's too much, considering that Mashima never pulled such a thing neither in this manga nor in Rave (only one " died " if I have to say it like that, and that is Sieg and Haru's father, and there was pretty much a lot of chapters and arcs between these two deaths)

Also, that Dragon Graveyard is still too mysterious, but it seems that Dragons are " a race " and judgin from that page, there seems to be a lot of dragons dead

P.S : Also, do these Sabernoobs members think they can beat FT... Orga and Rufus cocky reaction... These guys really need a good beating

adbanginwar
August 31, 2012, 09:45 AM
Dragon's Graveyard
all out fight so 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5!!! (next week though)
mystery person is woman and not zeref.
levy chan with a badass scar
Levy chan saying "dear" died..assuming that is gazeel. amazing!!!
and our very own jellal seems to recognize the woman proving she is not a new character but a existing one!!!

so much to lookout for!!! however we have 300th coming up so we would probably see some buildup for next 2 weeks!!! :onoz :yay

Aranilas
August 31, 2012, 09:52 AM
@Chris38: She WAS part of arcadios Spuad - she regarded Sabertooth. http://www.mangasky.com/Fairy_Tail/297/12/

I reread the chapter again and I doubt that this girl is Lucy from the futhur, I rather think, that this "girl" is Ultear from the quiet near (maybe a few days) futher.
Look at the coat - the coat from this girl is very similar to the one Ultear wears! Plus: by now she is the olny person we know who is able to manipulate the time or things that belongs the time.
That would also explain Jellas facial expression

KOrto
August 31, 2012, 09:53 AM
I just found this on the tweeter of Mashima :

http://p.twimg.com/A1n7eNwCQAAu7N6.jpg:large

Is this Mavis true form Oo

El Maco
August 31, 2012, 09:58 AM
If Levy is completing Lucy's diary when she's absent, and we're speculating that Lucy disappears for good after the Eclipse ritual, don't you think that the manga will end around chapter 300? Rave only ran for 35 volumes as well and ended on a sad note with the death of some main characters.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

I just found this on the tweeter of Mashima :

Is this Mavis true form Oo

The accompanying text says it has nothing to do with FT and is just a scribble.

KOrto
August 31, 2012, 09:59 AM
If Levy is completing Lucy's diary when she's absent, and we're speculating that Lucy disappears for good after the Eclipse ritual, don't you think that the manga will end around chapter 300? Rave only ran for 35 volumes as well and ended on a sad note with the death of some main characters.

Mashima said on his tweeter,that Fairy tail goes on !

"The accompanying text says it has nothing to do with FT and is just a scribble."

What a shame ^^;

lawlett-kun
August 31, 2012, 10:00 AM
nice chapter, alot of people think its future lucy possibility stands, but jerrar just had this omfg surprised face, i think its someone maybe he knew who died or smthn like that or maybe erza even though dont see why it should be her.I hope its future lucy tho

Kauia
August 31, 2012, 10:01 AM
The clothes reminded me of Meredy. If that person came from the future I also vote for other characters who may be using the god slayer magic like Chelia or Orga since it was mentioned before that their magic carries something similar to Zeref. Lucy there is something that is possible but she might not be it. I'm thinking it might be an entirely different person as a scenario where a parallel future came to the past to help. Maybe the intended future might be different. In worst case scenario, I'm thinking man main characters died and that includes Lucy, Natsu and other characters. If that so happens, maybe a time-travel or a ft character may travel to another world, maybe dragon world to change all that. That's just my theory though.

khaja_200923
August 31, 2012, 10:04 AM
Dragon's Graveyard (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/297/10).I don't think it's just dragons graveyard look closely there are many creature with no wings and very small creatures too. this might be a batlle ground turned graveyard from the ancient war between zeref's demon army and dragons .(i already did mention on the my first post in this thread though).
since the gateway to the demon's world is going to be opened the dragons are preparing for another war with the demons (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/293/22).
oh yes! i believe that gateway (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/279/25) is a door to the another world of demons.

jinx05
August 31, 2012, 10:11 AM
Found this while reading past chapters http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/241/11

If the future where scarred levy is, the great world of magic then perhaps Urtear is the one who sent the hooded girl(whoever she may be) back to the past. As to why she has a power similar to Zeref is maybe because in the great world of magic Zerefs overwhelming power is scattered throughout the world thus maybe infecting those in the future.

Can't wait for the next chapters.

lawlett-kun
August 31, 2012, 10:18 AM
we should also remember that this arc is kinda of focuses on celestials mages, Lucy, so far we didnt have much of her epicness.SO mashima is saying present Lucy aint cutting but future Lucy kick ass :zomg

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 10:21 AM
@Chris38: She WAS part of arcadios Spuad - she regarded Sabertooth. http://www.mangasky.com/Fairy_Tail/297/12/

I reread the chapter again and I doubt that this girl is Lucy from the futhur, I rather think, that this "girl" is Ultear from the quiet near (maybe a few days) futher.
Look at the coat - the coat from this girl is very similar to the one Ultear wears! Plus: by now she is the olny person we know who is able to manipulate the time or things that belongs the time.
That would also explain Jellas facial expression

OK, then how would you explain Ultear having a Zeref like presence, if she only came back from a few days later future ? Not to mention I doubt that mastering the time of arc like that would only take a few days :) That would be a pretty sudden power jump in my opinion.

You got a point, in saying that Ultear is the only one that is currently capable of using time based magic, unless the thing that Lucy is going to obtain is The one magic, which she has already been shown of knowing something about it:

http://i33.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/261/fairy-tail-2836395.jpg

Not to mention, while the uniform might be similar to Ultear's the height gap, doesn't match, in my opinion at least.

Here is a portray of the "mysterious girl" and Jellal:

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297/18

... and it should be quite apparent that they have an equal or quite similar height.

Here is a quite recent portray of Ultear and Jellal in a signal panel, coming from one of the more recent chapters:

http://i9.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/263/fairy-tail-2867907.jpg

where, it has been quite obviously portrayed that Ultear is definitely not as tall as Jellal, and it shouldn't be possible for her to obtain a sudden growth spurt in just a few days.

For it to be Ultear, I think that a couple of years must have passed, before she made her "time jump", of course the same should be said about that person being "Lucy", but you're argument of it only being a "few days" time jump has already been disapproved, if we take the height difference into consideration.

lawlett-kun
August 31, 2012, 10:23 AM
its not ultear the mouth is different

Sollum
August 31, 2012, 10:26 AM
I bet that X woman is... Layla!

Aranilas
August 31, 2012, 10:31 AM
You know, that Ultear stands at the background on your linked page, so she seems smaller, same at the 297-link: Jellal is in the background and seems smaler - take a look here, there Jellal and Ultear are standing side by side. http://www.mangasky.com/Fairy_Tail/263/15/

But you are rigth, there could be also gone many years - who knows, we will see next week ... I hope so!

adbanginwar
August 31, 2012, 10:32 AM
I bet that X woman is... Layla!
how would jellal know layla??

Franklyn D. Kieran
August 31, 2012, 10:34 AM
how would jellal know layla??

Lucy is spitting image of her, so maybe he mistook her for Lucy? If it really is her anyway.

khaja_200923
August 31, 2012, 10:34 AM
@ khaja_200923
Time stasis has already been used with the whole Fairy Sphere conclusion of the Tenrou Island arc, and I really doubt that Mashima is an author who would recycle idea's so often. Not to mention that you're theory contradicts a little with the premonition that Carla saw in chapter 275, which showed a crying Lucy using some unknown sing like spell - crying, meaning conscious and most likely aware of what is happening around her.
@khaja_200923

Probably, because we pretty much don't know what that Graveyard means - the only explanation, that I can think of, is that dragons once fought there, most likely for the dragon king position, but apart from that, there isn't much to say on this topic, in my opinion, at least.
about what carla saw about lucy it may very well be before the gateway is opened or when she wakes up in the future world, since what she sees doesn't necessarily need to happen at the same time it may even be two different events.

and in that dragons graveyard there are demons too, so its a site of battleground between demons and dragons (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/297/10). and this site may become batlle ground again when the gateway is opened.

kkck
August 31, 2012, 10:38 AM
i wonder how far into the future is levy writing that letter , she doesnt seem like she aged but she has scars on that little face of hers =/

so ryuu is dragon , zetsu is fly trap , ryuuzetsu = dragon's trap ? maybe that graveyard gajeel found will be transported from somewhere ?

It can't be that far actually. She seems overall still quite young and if you look at her hair you see she is wearing the same thing she has been wearing recently. I guess the disaster could have made her stay poor thus unable to write more but I have my doubts about that.

Seeing the dragon graveyard though, what is the deal here? Why are those particular dragons dead? An early chapter suggested that dragons, humans and demons used to battle in the dragon king festival however the idea of something defeating a dragon is quite awkward. I guess a demon could potentially do it but humans doing it is kinda weird. Even in recent chapters we saw igneel talking about humans surpassing dragons still being a dream. I do wonder what the deal is here.

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 10:59 AM
You know, that Ultear stands at the background on your linked page, so she seems smaller, same at the 297-link: Jellal is in the background and seems smaler - take a look here, there Jellal and Ultear are standing side by side. http://www.mangasky.com/Fairy_Tail/263/15/

But you are rigth, there could be also gone many years - who knows, we will see next week ... I hope so!

Well, another thing that disapproves the hooded person from being Ultear is this:

http://www.mangasky.com/Fairy_Tail/296/6/

I mean, why would that girl be crying, because she saw Natsu, if she would actually be Ultear. I doubt that Ultear would actually develop such a close relation with Natsu, that just by seeing him, a tear would appear in one of her eyes. I mean, the whole concept of Ultear being in tears seems a pretty out of character moment for her - if it has been Gray then I could reluctantly accept that she would be a little emotionally moved by seeing him, but Natsu - I really doubt that they are that close to each other, while in Lucy's case a reaction like that, would be quite in character for her, at least if we consider her pretty close bond with Natsu.

SerpentTailedAngel
August 31, 2012, 11:01 AM
Most interesting part of this chapter for me was the dragon graveyard. That's not what I was expecting Gajeel to find. Not at all.
The rest was just a lot of tease. Still no idea who the person in the hood is. Only further hint from Levy that it'll go to hell is her scars... yeah. I'm mostly interested in Gajeel's discovery.

Impossibility
August 31, 2012, 11:01 AM
Interesting chapter. It seems as though we are about to hit the climax of the arc. My first thought on the mystery figure was, for some reason, Lucy. But, the possibilities are endless. And, time travel, and alternate realities, came to mind as some component in the presence of the figure. The idea of that many dragons in the graveyard was somewhat surprisig. I'd always considered the dragons few in number, but there's the possibility that in the past their numbers might have been far greater, or that most of the dragons may have departed for some faraway destination. A battle between dragons, demons, and mages must have been epic. There is definitely the sense of impending doom, and that something of a grandscale is about to occur. I'm anxious about the upcoming chapters.

Teeba
August 31, 2012, 11:23 AM
Have we ever seen Zeref topless? Maybe Zeref is a woman. :mono

This chapter was epic though. Especially seeing Levy crying like that...it was really heartbreaking. I think she'll be one of those who "die", mainly because it would make sense that she'd write Lucy a letter explaining how it happened.

SerpentTailedAngel
August 31, 2012, 11:30 AM
We've never seen Zeref topless, but his robe did let you see his lack of breasts. Levy dying would be... unacceptable. Lucy I'm expecting to be presumed dead, but if Levy's in Lucy's absence we need the narrator alive.

Plus, what would the GaLe shippers do if she was killed?

lawlett-kun
August 31, 2012, 11:33 AM
We've never seen Zeref topless, but his robe did let you see his lack of breasts. Levy dying would be... unacceptable. Lucy I'm expecting to be presumed dead, but if Levy's in Lucy's absence we need the narrator alive.

Plus, what would the GaLe shippers do if she was killed?

they ll just ship gajeeledolevy

uglymonkey
August 31, 2012, 11:46 AM
can anyone account for Lisana's location?

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 11:51 AM
manga stream's version of the chapter is out:

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/39082571/1

and their translation makes it even more likely that it's someone from the future :)

Kuzumikun
August 31, 2012, 12:06 PM
I still go with the Lucy loosing her memory theory, that's why Levy is asking her if she remembers. Another idea is that she is totally under someones control. The woman Jellal probably saw was Lucy from the future, Wendy, or Erza (someone from FT?). Interesting chapter though, started of slow, towards the end i got goosebumps as usual!

adbanginwar
August 31, 2012, 12:46 PM
manga stream's version of the chapter is out:

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/39082571/1

and their translation makes it even more likely that it's someone from the future :)

look at this as well. http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/39082571/24

no revelation for next weeks?!?!?!

lawlett-kun
August 31, 2012, 12:48 PM
look at this as well. http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/39082571/24

no revelation for next weeks?!?!?!

yes...side story?! i think maybe yukinos story

revas
August 31, 2012, 12:50 PM
good chapter, if there was more ST reaction (like their master) - would have been epic, but hey, after three epic chapters, who can blame Hiro :) anyways, my thoughts about that woman.. Jellal is shocked, and he knows her. As we had a glimpse of Levy (future one), they do not change that much.. so neither Erza, not Lucy would make Jellal that surprised. It must be something else. The woman has connection to Natsu and Wendy... so i will go with future Wendy. The grown up version would really shock Jellal, it would also explain crying during Natsu's match (as we know those two have a very special relationship, and if we imagine that Natsu dies, and Wendy from the future sees him again after all that time, it would explain the tears), and the Wendy match is self explanatory. The last thing is why she feels like Zeref... well, i liked someones theory about the great magic world, and how mages there just get soaked in Zeref's power. So i stick with Wendy.

Zehahaha
August 31, 2012, 01:05 PM
Next chapter there shouldn't be any major revelation, maybe except that mysterious woman... I also hope that Gajeel would show the Graveyard to Natsu and Wendy

Duniak
August 31, 2012, 01:05 PM
good chapter, if there was more ST reaction (like their master) - would have been epic, but hey, after three epic chapters, who can blame Hiro :) anyways, my thoughts about that woman.. Jellal is shocked, and he knows her. As we had a glimpse of Levy (future one), they do not change that much.. so neither Erza, not Lucy would make Jellal that surprised. It must be something else. The woman has connection to Natsu and Wendy... so i will go with future Wendy. The grown up version would really shock Jellal, it would also explain crying during Natsu's match (as we know those two have a very special relationship, and if we imagine that Natsu dies, and Wendy from the future sees him again after all that time, it would explain the tears), and the Wendy match is self explanatory. The last thing is why she feels like Zeref... well, i liked someones theory about the great magic world, and how mages there just get soaked in Zeref's power. So i stick with Wendy.

They DON'T change much. But Wendy could get as tall as Jellal? What could have surprised him is fact, that it's SECOND Lucy, she is well (our current Lucy is in bandages), and her presence is like Zeref's. And she couldn't possibly be there, of course, so he would think of time travel by now, being so close to Ultear all the time.

And yes, Lucy WOULD cry seeing Natsu's match. I think seeing him being well smiling would make her already cry, considering he would probably "die" in this dragon's fight. According to Levy Gazeel will die, so I will go with 5 REAL DS's (trained by dragon, Natsu, Gazeel, Wendy, Sting, Rogue) dying. Or maybe they'll go to dragon dimension and get some crazy power up to fight Zeref and Ultimate Magic World.

Krono
August 31, 2012, 01:16 PM
At the moment I figure the lead candidates for the mysterious woman are Layla, future Lucy, and future Ultear.

Future Lucy's pretty self explanatory. Layla, people have been speculating that she was alive and had a connection to the dragons ever since they saw the year on her gravestone. Ultear has the Arc of Time, which being able to affect humans means it's closer to completion, and once complete it's supposed to enable her to travel back in time.

Though another thing to remember in all this speculation, is that the mysterious woman has been regularly attending the tournament. That's why Jellal and company are investigating in the first place. Someone traveling back from the future specifically to interfere with the outcome of this tournament, or the events just after, would have little reason to attend year after year, as what happened in past years should be irrelevant.

jacke12
August 31, 2012, 01:37 PM
So it looks like he will resume the arc in chapter 300. And the next two weeks we will see a side story better be good after this chapter because it left us with really big tension

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 01:43 PM
It could also be possible that the person who they sensed in the previous years, have been Zeref himself, who has been implied of being around the area as well, and due to the similarity of his aura and the "mysterious girl's" aura, they have been unable to notice the difference until the current tournament year occurred.

Another, possible explanation is that the method, which was used to sent that mysterious women to the past, has been a quite recently, explored field of magic, and due to some unanticipated defect, the women could have been sent back a few more years, compared to the original plan.

Still, you got a point with that, Krono, we will just need to wait and see how things are going to continue in the next few chapters - of course, after we get through the two chapter long side stories. :-_-

Morlun
August 31, 2012, 02:03 PM
Considering Levy is narrating, and the only one confirmed to survive the day of the Eclipse and probable return of the dragons, and the theme of writing letters to dead people (Lucy to Layla, Levy to Lucy) could the masked person be Levy from the future?

If so, she was most likely crying over Gajeel, not Natsu, and her presence here will prevent at least some of the deaths.

zerocooldx
August 31, 2012, 02:06 PM
I'm still sticking with the idea that most of FT and whoever else from the Magic Games will end up being sent to the other side of the gate that Arcadios wants to open in his Eclipse Plan using the Twelve Zodiac keys. Although i'm sure that to most people including Levy it looked as if everyone died during that event. The Dragon Graveyard discovery was interesting, but i'm not sure in what context it will be used. I doubt Gajeel is gonna run back and tell everyone, he may not even tell Natsu until later on. Oh and on a side note, Jura aiming for Laxus was pretty cool to see.

khaja_200923
August 31, 2012, 02:09 PM
guys three weeks is very very long time i might grow old from the suspense but i'm not even sure that her face would be revealed on the third chapter from now.!
i am searching to read some interesting posts for hours but am unable to find any so i'm just posting cr@p.
does anybody else thinks that Dragons Grave is an ancient battleground between humans,demons and dragons. and it's going to be used for another battle now between them.

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 02:16 PM
Considering Levy is narrating, and the only one confirmed to survive the day of the Eclipse and probable return of the dragons, and the theme of writing letters to dead people (Lucy to Layla, Levy to Lucy) could the masked person be Levy from the future?

If so, she was most likely crying over Gajeel, not Natsu, and her presence here will prevent at least some of the deaths.

Considering the fact that the "future" Levy has a quite wide scar around her jaw:

http://img.mangastream.com/m/3/39082571/4e3857be7f18f11b4f6f153f96b86727.png

which, doesn't seem to be shared by the mysterious girl:

http://img.mangastream.com/m/3/39082571/ae090917c2a9ea42ec77864ff6a45c66.png

I think it's unlikely that the hooded girl is actually Levy.

@khaja_200923

Maybe, maybe not, like I said before we just don't have enough information to be capable of validating any theory that may come on this topic. It obviously has some relation with the entire Dragon King Festival, but unfortunately the details will have to wait, until more information is provided to us.

lordoffantasy
August 31, 2012, 02:34 PM
i feel like singing. trololoololololololoa trolololololololo

mashima you magnificent bastard i read you book! literally.

this is just excellently placed tension. what could be a premonition, a glimps or the future, or of things to come, who knows. though i doubt he will kill everyone that exists in fairy tial, that would be Bullshit and he knows it.
howeve,r if i read certain scans right, it seems that Three people are going to die. mangareader i am relying on becuase it seems more clearly translated. though this might be him trolling, what with the weaping and the still hand shown in carla's visions, but who knows? c

i highly doubt that the main character, any of them, will die. i would include the likse of wendy, gajeel, and our gloomy water beauty amongst that. pretty sure they won't kill of elfman's little sister after reviving her, but he may well be a potential one.

whethre it is powerful tension building or something that will happen, this may well be the point of the manga where everythign changes and the stoy will change. definantly not the snuffathon form BLEACH!!!!! (heads turns into a dmeon for five seconds), but when the story progresses in a more linear fashion as there will be a singular goal. what it is, we will have to see.

still, for huge amounts of the characters to just die would be tastelessly dark, and this guy loves writing his own character i can see. it would anger us too much. for three to die, in epic ways, would make us care more so for the characters nad may drive the rest to survive.

Morlun
August 31, 2012, 02:57 PM
Considering the fact that the "future" Levy has a quite wide scar around her jaw:

http://img.mangastream.com/m/3/39082571/4e3857be7f18f11b4f6f153f96b86727.png

which, doesn't seem to be shared by the mysterious girl:

http://img.mangastream.com/m/3/39082571/ae090917c2a9ea42ec77864ff6a45c66.png

I think it's unlikely that the hooded girl is actually Levy.

Oh. Crap.

THEY SCARRED LEVY! BASTARDS!

kkck
August 31, 2012, 03:01 PM
I wonder if someone will attack gajeel now. The tournament organizers should know there is a DS who was raised by dragons in their apparently secret dragon graveyard. I mean, they must know where the reels would take gajeel. If gajeel just happened to run into a sensitive secret then odds are the tournament organizers are going to move against him. If he does get taken, I wonder who would take his place? I guess mira would make the most sense although if we consider that jubia should already be a part of the team then perhaps jubia will join the fray.

frozen18ice
August 31, 2012, 03:10 PM
we pretty much assumed that the person in the hood is somebody from the future and quite possible a member of fairy tale.
lucy has a high chance of being it, could be from fallowing reasons she had hollugrum and ultear got arch of time, technically celestial partners are not humans and she magically would be able to send her back in time to change things.
its definitely not 7 years so it cant be fairy sphere or it could be that levy and the rest of the guild is trapped in a halt status
it would be crazy it was erza in that hood.
it could also be master who died when levy mention of dear die, or jet and doroi being the one that would protect levy from sure death.
that person being in the past can only mean a few things its definitely a combination of several magic to be able to work

ultears magic arch time
levys magic script + the book she got from the celestial world
lucy magic 12 keys of the zodiac something if for sure have the ability to do something relevant. aside from being a sacrifice i do not believe the keys are what being used but the person that is being offered to the door, the fact that they have he keys makes their powers more potent that will open the gate. i think the appearance of hooded girl change things levy writing a script only mean she is using magic and trying to send a sos code.

i think gajeel finding the graveyard is the sign of a bigger issue in the story and more towards the arch that will be after this arch or will be the focused after the lucy fiasco,
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/39082571/8
anybody noticed the potato guy close to laki

El Maco
August 31, 2012, 03:41 PM
Maybe the forum could run a poll who they think Zeref-but-not-Zeref is: Lucy, Wendy, Levy, Layla, ...

Wendy had some history with Jellal (see Chapter 145), but that was actually Mystogan from Edolas. The real Jellal has known her since the Oracion Seis arc (and of course from hanging out with FT now).

About Gajeel, some people think that the person who discovers a big dangerous secret doesn't survive to inform the others. Since Gajeel hasn't done much yet in this arc, I don't think this will be the case right now. However, since he's not an original member of FT and Makarov has said he will never forget what Gajeel did to FT before he joined, I think here's his chance to redeem himself and die in full glory when hell breaks loose.

Brill
August 31, 2012, 03:50 PM
Let's not get too excited here. Levi has obviously been sidelined and no longer in the main storyline-just writing down the events. She may THINK people have died, but Fairy Tail just isn't one of those shows. They could all be alive. If 3 people are dead, they probably won't be major players. The tension is nice but let's not go overboard with the speculation, because that is all we have since this arc started. A dark, undefined plot that may involve dragons, but that's about it.

lawlett-kun
August 31, 2012, 03:59 PM
just to throw it in there there is no way in hell it will be Levy just now way, like someone mentioned shes a sideliner character now.Its between Lucy and Erza for me

Duniak
August 31, 2012, 04:49 PM
I wonder if anyone noticed Natsu's face while saying "Let's fight again". I don't know why he likes that face... it's just overused in this arc. -.-

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297/7
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/289/19

Fuck it, even the same background.

Franklyn D. Kieran
August 31, 2012, 04:54 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/39082571/8
anybody noticed the potato guy close to laki

That's Griff from Rave! Well spotted I missed that somehow :)

Maybe he joined Fairy Tail in the 7 years the main gang were away? Haha

hoeru
August 31, 2012, 04:55 PM
off-topic, but:

Is the MH wide 24h rule out of order in FT forums as a speciality in here or is the urge to discuss theories including polls that strong to simply ignore it? Or is following a forum's rules just "uncool"?

There's currently two new threads about stuff from this chapter which is out for about 12 hours...

That's Griff from Rave! Well spotted I missed that somehow :)

Maybe he joined Fairy Tail in the 7 years the main gang were away? Haha

Griff already appeared in Chapter 1 with his girlfriend (looking exaclty like him), didn't he?

3oct1111
August 31, 2012, 05:10 PM
My mind is screaming Rave! after this chapter. Specifically Endlesses backstory, the world was in ruin almost compleatly destroyed then the last person went back in time and undid it creating a reality that wasnt supposed to be which in turn created Endless to restore the world to what it was supposed to be. What if Levey's that last person?

Miyagi
August 31, 2012, 05:20 PM
Please respect the 24 Hour Spoiler Rule and don't make posts about the new chapter outside the chapter discussion thread. I moderated two threads, they'll be inaccessible until tomorrow.

SK-Hao
August 31, 2012, 05:41 PM
My guess is strongly gravitating toward Wendy. The person was definitely someone Jellal recognized.

I agree with 3oct111 I dont want this to turn out to be too similar to rave. But it probably will turn out similar with this whole time travel aspect thrown in.

John 92
August 31, 2012, 05:43 PM
now we have to wait for 3 weeks since the next 2 weeks we are getting a side story

Diivil
August 31, 2012, 05:56 PM
Great work Mashima. The tension build up is incredible!

khaja_200923
August 31, 2012, 06:17 PM
here (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297/12).is it just yukino or other foot soldiers are being misled by arcadios about eclipse project..
that soldier sounded pretty convincing when saying that arcadios is going to save the world..
and is yukino being led to believe that when the gateway that changes the world is opened it will change the world for greater good when its opened...

Franklyn D. Kieran
August 31, 2012, 06:22 PM
off-topic, but:

Is the MH wide 24h rule out of order in FT forums as a speciality in here or is the urge to discuss theories including polls that strong to simply ignore it? Or is following a forum's rules just "uncool"?

There's currently two new threads about stuff from this chapter which is out for about 12 hours...

Griff already appeared in Chapter 1 with his girlfriend (looking exaclty like him), didn't he?

I think you may be right... I recall seeing something like that, but it was nice to see him with the guild. I think there's a scene also where Happy is eating griff instead of fish haha, but they may have just been Anime only.

ace17
August 31, 2012, 06:46 PM
what if its levy and gajeels daughter sent by zeref to warn fairy tail about the future and the reason y jellal recognized her is bcus she looks like levy with piercings on her face like gajeel

man i really dont want time travel in this arc if isome1 can go back in time y not just go back b4 the 7 year gap and warn them about the s-rank exams that way they can avoid all this bullshit great chapter tho i live gemma's reaction

TitaniumOxide
August 31, 2012, 07:02 PM
Sorry I only have time to read a few pages off of this thread but this is my prediction:

The grand tournament used to be for a different purpose right? It was a festival between Dragons, Demons, and Humans. This means that on the "fated" day all hell will break loose because demons and dragons will come back and who said the festival of the old was a peaceful one? It might be a slaughter. That's why there are dragonslayers, right? To fight dragons when they come back. It was never explicitly said that that is the reason but one can guess.

ace17
August 31, 2012, 07:22 PM
what if that latter isnt suppose to b sent but instead its for carla to predict and tell every1
oh wait i forgot she never fucking tells any1 about her predictions what a waste

dragons4life
August 31, 2012, 08:01 PM
:gwah -> :crying this was my reaction to two weeks of sidestories in the manga (it will probably be a Lyon, Juvia and Gray date):shootme

And someone needs to give Lector a paperbag or something, he's having a nervous breakdown:arf

on a side note to lighting up some fans moods: Meanwhile at Mashima's studio/workshop :kukuku No new development in the manga until chapter 300:kukuku :umad

llamapie
August 31, 2012, 08:03 PM
That opening page... : nosebleed :

What an epic build up. Mashima won't kill everyone off, something else is going to happen. Look where Levy is, its all green and lively - the good guys will win but at what cost? Charlie needs to stop being a dumb cat and tell someone what she has been seeing.

masgrande
August 31, 2012, 09:44 PM
Looks like poor Yukino was tricked into working with Arcadios and is going to be the sacrifices for the Eclipse Plan, I wonder if they still need Lucy and her zodiac keys. The graveyard puzzels me but it looks like the bones have been there for quite some time, maybe is the aftermath of the previous Dragon King Festival.

Yay Fairy Tail is officially longer than Rave Master!

ace17
August 31, 2012, 10:08 PM
hey mayb its really a plan to save the world mayb demons and dragons r ganna attack everybody killing every1 and thats y levy is writing that letter mayb fiore is ganna b attacked by another country or mayb tartaros r finally make their move mayb that girl is ganna kill jellal damn its too soon for me to make predictions

dafuq
August 31, 2012, 10:28 PM
so the dragons are really coming huh i mean there is nothing turns entire city to ruins just like what we saw at levy's panel other than dragons and looks like so many people is going to die from good guys that will be first for this manga i dont want anyone to die but it is about damn time for someone from good guys to die.
u all remember s-class exam arc which i think some of people from fairy tail like makarov should die when he was holding back acnologia or when he pierced through by hades but mashima got the explanation for that like s-class exams was held on special island which bestows divine protection for fairy tail members but this time there will be no protection for fairy tail members so if dragons came to the festival, someone really have to die otherwise it will be really absurd.
and hooded girl case well i think that she is from distant future where ultear's arc of time completed and she can teleport people to past.
ofc best bet would be lucy since she was crying while she was watching natsu which made me think that bad things going to happen to natsu.

Chris38
August 31, 2012, 10:49 PM
And how many major characters deaths occurred in this series, so far.

I mean how many deaths have occurred in the series, so far - since I think it's about 3 to 4 people so far.

Obviously the "girl" with a Zeref like presence hasn't appeared there just to look on the tournament games :p She probably appeared there, to prevent the worst "future" from occurring.

We might get some minor character deaths, but if you really hope that Mashima has the balls to kill one of his major characters, then I think you will end up being disappointed.

Naturally, it could be Makarow that is going to die, considering the fact that Mashima has been apparently thinking of killing him in the Tenrou Island arc, but I think the possibility of that occurring is pretty low.

Of course, some things are still going to occur, if the "girl" is actually Lucy from the future, then whatever happened to her, to cause her to obtain a Zeref like presence is still going to occur, since I doubt that Mashima would tease us about whatever powers the possible "future Lucy" would have, if the "current day Lucy", wouldn't be capable of obtaining them, as well.

ace17
August 31, 2012, 11:02 PM
i think mashima and every other shonnen jump author should read game of thrones to c that it is ok to kill major characters no1 in fairy tail has died yet come on after years no1 died but now all of the sudden every1 is ganna die

i hope they kill carla first damn what a useless cat

dark angel KaRamo
September 01, 2012, 12:11 AM
The tension in this chapter was awesome from Gajeel finding a Dragon Graveyard to every other guild going after fairy tail on the last day it's going to be epic.But levy writing that letter really took me for a spin what the hell is going on every on is going to die just what happen did the Black Dragon come back or did Zeref lose control, or is it the Dragon Kings Banquet aftermath.
The Dragon Graveyard poses a lot of question, like are those the remain of some of the dragon that disappeared on year 777? or is this whats going to happen after the Dragon King's Banquet if the disappeared dragon are still alive because Igneel is. Some new rival too from ichiya wanting to fight Natsu, Ren wants to fight with Gajeel and Jura want to fight laxus, and lyon should hold a seat i what Gray too beat him again. Just can't wait for Erza vs Kagura / Erza vs Minerva mostly the Kagura fight i want Erza to be the one to make her bring out her full power, and i might happen since she knows Jallel is in Fairy tail. This is going to be one sweet mach there gonna be a lot them going after fairy tail there gonna be a lot of new conflict. And just who is that girl there bin a lot of speculation of it being Lucy from the future and that a good thought but how did she come back to the past must me some (Time Space Magic) Can't wait for the next two weeks to past

frozen18ice
September 01, 2012, 12:14 AM
what if carla did told somebody that is why there is this mysterious person in the cloak, carla told poluska about her premonition she is a the right spot and teh right moment close to lucy, levy and wendy in the same room it possible that she did warn them about her vision eventually she did mention it to poluska in an old chapter.

senewe
September 01, 2012, 12:49 AM
i think mashima and every other shonnen jump author should read game of thrones to c that it is ok to kill major characters no1 in fairy tail has died yet come on after years no1 died but now all of the sudden every1 is ganna die

i hope they kill carla first damn what a useless cat

I wouldn't say 'every'. Oda killed Ace, Mashima killed Jiraiya. Ohba-Obata killed L....... anyway, long live Stark the wolf!!!!(really we should drop this off otherwise the mods gonna kick us out here)

by the way, since I kinda absent from this site for half a year, I just wanna know did everyone still rate this series boring, or too shonen, or too meh?

Krono
September 01, 2012, 02:46 AM
And how many major characters deaths occurred in this series, so far.

I mean how many deaths have occurred in the series, so far - since I think it's about 3 to 4 people so far.

Simon
Zoldeo
Azuma
Zancrow
Hades

So we're up to five. I suppose you could argue that Azuma turned into a tree, and therefore technically isn't dead, but functionally, he was killed off. Likewise Zoldeo's wicked witch of the west impression doesn't guarantee he's gone, but melted into nothingness is almost as good as having a corpse.

We might get some minor character deaths, but if you really hope that Mashima has the balls to kill one of his major characters, then I think you will end up being disappointed.

Oh, we know Mashima has the balls to do that, the question is does he have the desire?

You haven't read Mashima's previous long running series, Ravemaster, have you?

Also, Fairy Tail does not run in Shounen Jump.

crimsonlink310
September 01, 2012, 03:06 AM
Ok I have a lot to say regarding this chapter.

First off, wow Mashima nice fanservice beginning. Totally made us relaxed for the whammy that was coming up with Dragon's graveyard and then the knockout punch with future Levy.

About future Levy, I doubt she was writing the letter months or years after Lucy died/disappeared. It was probably a day or 2 from the event. Why? Because of the bandage on her left arm and that scar is very prominent. So on July 7th Lucy and 7 others died/disappeared. But before that, Team Fairy Tail fought a fierce battle and likely won as Levy called it amazing with a positive connotation.

I say 7 people died/disappeared because Levy already mentioned Lucy and each "..." represents someone's name and there are 7 of these "..."

I won't jump on the "The mystery girl is Future Lucy bandwagon" yet. I'm hopeing for a hint or something to really strongly suggest its Lucy.

Overall an epic chapter. I can't wait for the sidestories because it sounds very important and interesting development for the dragons and what the plot is behind the tournament.

There is the question of why there was no Grand Magic Tournament before Fairy Tail was frozen in time on Tenroujima.

Chris38
September 01, 2012, 03:32 AM
Simon
Zoldeo
Azuma
Zancrow
Hades

So we're up to five. I suppose you could argue that Azuma turned into a tree, and therefore technically isn't dead, but functionally, he was killed off. Likewise Zoldeo's wicked witch of the west impression doesn't guarantee he's gone, but melted into nothingness is almost as good as having a corpse.

Oh, we know Mashima has the balls to do that, the question is does he have the desire?

Well, that's still pretty few, for such a long lasting series - in my opinion at least.

Not to mention, I think that Mashima's current work is a lot lighter compared to what he has written previously, so I doubt that he has the desire to make Fairy Tail as dark as his previous work.

It might get a little more serious by having him kill a few important characters (for example Makarov), maybe some of the "named" Fairy Tail wizards, but I doubt it's going to be anyone from the main cast (Team Natsu) + maybe Gajell, Jellal, Wendy and Carla, Levy, probably Laxus as well etc.

Will just have to wait and see, how he wants to continue this story...

kakashidad
September 01, 2012, 03:35 AM
whoa!!! now that's what i call a high octane chapter.The tension continued to build thoughout the manga.EPIC.
Clearly the best release this week?I've not read any comments,far too many.So if i cover anything already mentioned.
Forgive and well done to you,lol.

Anyhows..i really don't know where to start from,there was that many leading plots been developed.Let's start
with the DRAGON GRAVEYARD.At first look,you could be forgiven to go along the lines of...that's what happened
to the missing dragons.I'm not going down that route just yet.We already known that these games,carry certain
death to the losers.And it would appear that the dragons have been the losers in the past.Furthermore,we've
seen evidence of at least four of the missing dragons still still conversing with one another...unless their on the astro
plane or something?lol.

Now,Natsu standing over Sting and Rogue laughing had a very satisfying(spelling)feel to it.And he then says,
lets do it again sometime..pmsl.Judging by Rogue comments.I don't think that they would want to dance with him
again in this or any other lifetime.''if Gajeel is AS strong as Natsu,then i seriously overestimated myself''.The
look and mood from the victors and the beaten.Was in stark contrast as to what had gone before.(See Gemma
reaction compared to Makarov or Ezra).Minevra saying what she did before the panel focused on her dad.Was intriging
imo.It could be,that it was meant to reflect his mood.Or it could be preceived that they sabertooth have a big hand in the
coming destruction?Either way,RUFUS has just learned dragonforce mode(as incomplete as it)and natsu fighting pattern.
This puts him ''imo'' on another level..this should be interesting.As strong as natsu is,if Ezra wants a hug ezra gets a hug...lol.

So lastly,probably the two most intriguing developements will be unleashed after a short mini story within the
games.Who is the woman with powers familar to Zeref and how far into the future Gajeel groupie(forgotten her
name)is writing from?I'm gonna say straight off the bat who it ain't...It's not lucy or her mom layla.I don't think
we would get another (timeskip or time traveller)again or so soon after we've just had one.But Mashima has
set a premise that he could re-visit..please don't!So i'm gonna say it's someone Jellah and possible Ezra knows.

Levy(i've recalled her name now,lol)if you look at her distressed self.She still has bandages on her arms,i assume from
her recent injuries gained at the hands of Raven tail.So these events,to her,have already happened.Confusing but
stay with me.This arc is been protrayed from a different charactor perspective..usally lucy,now levy.If we take
note of charlie dream/vision.And the fact that levy handed lucy a letter not so long ago(or was it a book).And the
fact that the words ''fated day'' and ''destiny'' have been used.Then we can only assume that things take a turn for
the worst.

I mean everyone has set their sights on the ''faires'' now...right,lol.Jura on laxus Leon on Gray kagura on Ezra
Ezra boyfriend on Natzu,lol.But seriously,Mavis is the one to be tested,the one that will help imo.Not so long ago,her
name was etched alongside natsu when the twin ds unleashed ''dragon force'' she to the best of my knowledge
DID NOT lift a finger to help...hopefully meaning that this time she'll shine.And then there's still ''lumile etoile''...
did i say This was a fucking EPIC chapter down to the black page with to be continued...bravo Mashima,sir.

Shinhokou
September 01, 2012, 06:46 AM
Gerrard: Lucy?! Its you?
Lucy: I am from the future , and its grim , we spend each day in fear of the androids , created by Dr Gerrard (aka jelly).
Gerrard: Created....by me?
Lucy: It is horrible , everyone is dead , all at the hands of those beasts..!
Natsu: Do I die in the fight too?
Lucy:No ...you die before it
Natsu:!?
Lucy: You meet Igneel....and he....sneezes...
Natsu:Darn iT ! What a way to die , maybe i could have made a difference!
Lucy: I believe in you natsu , here take this...there's no cure for that illness igneel has in this time , but in the future there is!

Marche
September 01, 2012, 08:26 AM
Right now I will post what I believe will happened in the two chapters of sidestory and the chapter 298:

The next two chapters will not be counted as normal chapters (for that reason it will not be numbered 298 and 299), I believe it could be considered as special chapters, for this reason the number of chapter is being stopped, and the chapter 298 will be released in 3 weeks (otherwise the number of that chapter would be 300).

At the end of the chapter there is written “A sidestory from within the grand magic games”, for this reason I believe it will be a sidestory about a character (or few character) that is involved in the the tournements.
Even if it is a special I believe it’s different the the other special chapter (that are not made by Mashima and that are not involved in the story), for now (until we will see it in the next week) I believe than these chapter will be a gaiden, similar to Kakashi’s gaiden.

I believe that the most likely candidate is Kagura.
In fact I think that this would be perfect time to see what happened to her, why she hates Gerard so much, what Gerard did to her.
In the truth we could see it even in her fights against Erza, infact Erza could ask some details about that, then Kagura will say it (most likely we will see it as a flashback).
Even if I actually don’t believe it, because I believe that the mysterious girl is Layla or most likely by the future, there is the possibilities than that girl in something related to Kagura, perhaps she was Mermaid Hell’ master.
Infact I believe that in someway Gerard caused her death, and I even believe that for Kagura she was her family, she was everything (in a similar way Ur was everything for Urtear, and for that reason she wanted to travel through time for came back to her).
I believe this because Mermaid Hell’s master is the only master that we did not see it.

My second choice is that we will see why Gemma is so obsessive about the strongest guild (I will add some detail in another post).
Infact I dond’t think the sidestory will be about Yukino (that would be boring) or Arcadia (I think it is too soon for us to know why he wanted to do that).

Anyways in chapter 298 we will see that Gazille will explore the dragon’s graveyard.
I don’t think that he will only see dragon’s bone, I believe that she will learn something very important, I believe that there will be written something there, surely this drawing http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/292/19, but perhaps even something important.
Even if it’s really low, there is a low possibility that Gazille will not be able to leave the graveyard before of the tournements, if it will happened he will be replaced.
I don’t think that he will be replaced by Geard, neither by Levy (even if she is the narrator of the horrible future, and even if she Urtear unlocked her second origin, she still remain too weak), most likely (at least I hope so) by one between Mira and Lluvia.

Ghan
September 01, 2012, 10:00 AM
Here comes my crackpot theory:

Arcadios wants to release the dragons to potientially fight the demons of Zeref during the dragon feast (or whatever its called). The reason why there is a dragon graveyard is because maybe the arena is a former battleground. That's why carla is seeing everything falling and burning in her visions.

meeedoooz
September 01, 2012, 12:31 PM
guess i better catch up to what i missed. wonderful chapter as many have mentioned before awesome buildup

amitnaruto
September 01, 2012, 03:57 PM
Hey
such a sad and scary chapter. I feel that the author is simple this girl from the future is either lucy or levy. The most likely choice is lucy she has the keys and has only the abilities to transcend time and space. Also it seems lucy is required to revive zeref so she may be a figment of her true self but have components of zeref's magic or aura possibly even soul. As for the dude that memorizes moves, please for the sake of mankind someone give him a full blown concussion with a coma so he can stop being so big and as for sabertooth's leader, he needs a good flame beating by natsu.

well this is my idea what do you think

hoeru
September 01, 2012, 07:40 PM
Simon
Zoldeo
Azuma
Zancrow
Hades

Well, if we count Zoldeo, why not then Rob (killed while saving Elsa), Karen (killed by Angel), Lucy's father (died of age) and Rhobowl (dissolved after Nirvana was destroyed), too?

But I actually don't see anyone of the current Fairy Tail dying soon ... Makarov sure is a candidate, but none of the current teams nor the Strauss family etc.

zerocooldx
September 02, 2012, 12:26 AM
Levy and mystery woman aside it was very interesting, to say the least, to see the reactions of Rufus, Orga and Minerva. They were so confident despite the fact that they just saw Sting and Rogue get embarrassed to one guy. Rufus smiling and saying he completely memorized "it" seemed kind of scary give how crazy his magic is. Orga was chuckling about how this result will draw in crowds or something. And then Minerva's comment about not having a while was very eerie. Either the reaction of those three was because they are on a completely different level from both Sting and Rogue and aren't worried about losing to anyone or its because ST could secretly be in league with Arcadios and the Eclipse plan. Its a possibility especially when you look at what Minerva says and what takes place on the 7th day. It might be just a coincidence, or its some pretty good foreshadowing of how ST will be involved in what takes place.

darkprince0521
September 02, 2012, 03:12 AM
Levy and mystery woman aside it was very interesting, to say the least, to see the reactions of Rufus, Orga and Minerva. They were so confident despite the fact that they just saw Sting and Rogue get embarrassed to one guy. Rufus smiling and saying he completely memorized "it" seemed kind of scary give how crazy his magic is. Orga was chuckling about how this result will draw in crowds or something. And then Minerva's comment about not having a while was very eerie. Either the reaction of those three was because they are on a completely different level from both Sting and Rogue and aren't worried about losing to anyone or its because ST could secretly be in league with Arcadios and the Eclipse plan. Its a possibility especially when you look at what Minerva says and what takes place on the 7th day. It might be just a coincidence, or its some pretty good foreshadowing of how ST will be involved in what takes place.

too bad, he is going to be defeated by Grey..........

not that i want to. there should other magician than the fairies who are strong; and won't be defeated by the power of "overwhelming emotion".

khaja_200923
September 02, 2012, 05:55 AM
The only fights worth watching on the final day of games for me would be
1.Erza vs Minerva vs Kagura
2.Leon vs Grey vs Rufus
3.Luxus vs Jura

Marche
September 02, 2012, 06:21 AM
2.Leon vs Grey vs Rogue
3.Luxus vs JuraI completely agree with you, at least for now.

Edelheld
September 02, 2012, 10:11 AM
As I thought there were too much of praising and easy wins for FT that it backfired and now it's everyone vs FT.

Leonsagara
September 02, 2012, 10:35 AM
2.Leon vs Grey vs Rogue
3.Luxus vs Jura

I think you mean Rufus in that second one. Rogue's interested in Gazille, since they're both Dragon Slayers. Rufus is the guy with the memory magic. I'd really like to see Gazille get a good fight in sometime during this arc.

lawlett-kun
September 02, 2012, 11:06 AM
2.Leon vs Grey vs Rogue
3.Luxus vs Jura

id add Ogra to the third.Ogra vs Laxus is what i am looking for and erza vs kagura. Would like to see that Over powered sword of Kagura that everyone have been talking about since the ebgining of arc.

On the side note, do you guys think that Yukino actually lost her match on purpose ebcause she had to return to Arcadius?

khaja_200923
September 02, 2012, 11:56 AM
I think you mean Rufus in that second one. Rogue's interested in Gazille, since they're both Dragon Slayers. Rufus is the guy with the memory magic. I'd really like to see Gazille get a good fight in sometime during this arc.
yeah right! the magic memorizing guy i mistook his name..he's just way too optimistic in his ability i want to see him getting his ass handed to him for good..

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

id add Ogra to the third.Ogra vs Laxus is what i am looking for and erza vs kagura. Would like to see that Over powered sword of Kagura that everyone have been talking about since the ebgining of arc.

On the side note, do you guys think that Yukino actually lost her match on purpose ebcause she had to return to Arcadius?
No Ogra is not even on the same level to go against luxus, if he did went after luxus he would get himself instant killed.
2.No way yukino lost fair and square, arcadius wasn't even aware of another celestial mage except lucy, here (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/280/12) and here (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/280/22) you can see his surprise after seeing yukino's magic

zerocooldx
September 02, 2012, 03:54 PM
too bad, he is going to be defeated by Grey..........

not that i want to. there should other magician than the fairies who are strong; and won't be defeated by the power of "overwhelming emotion".

I seriously doubt that anyone is going to lose to anyone in the final day. If anything just as things start to get good shits going to hit the fan with the Eclipse plan. Also is it just me or does Mashima have a thing for the number 7? Like lucky number 7 or something? All the Dragons go poof on July 7th in the year X777 which took place 7 years prior to the time skip. Coincidentally the time skip that followed lasted 7 years and now the Grand Magic Games last 7 days and on the 7th day everything is going to go to hell in a hand basket which just so happens to be on July 7th. Oh and on top of all of that so far there have been 7 Dragon Slayers introduced in the manga.

lawlett-kun
September 02, 2012, 04:33 PM
yeah right! the magic memorizing guy i mistook his name..he's just way too optimistic in his ability i want to see him getting his ass handed to him for good..

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

No Ogra is not even on the same level to go against luxus, if he did went after luxus he would get himself instant killed.
2.No way yukino lost fair and square, arcadius wasn't even aware of another celestial mage except lucy, here (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/280/12) and here (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/280/22) you can see his surprise after seeing yukino's magic

that was fake emotions, 100 % yukino was with arcadios from the start thats why she wanted to give keys to rucy

kkck
September 02, 2012, 05:34 PM
that was fake emotions, 100 % yukino was with arcadios from the start thats why she wanted to give keys to rucy

I don't think that is the case. Rather, the latest developments would suggest arcadios went and actually recently recruited her by telling her bits and pieces of his plans and straight up lying. The eclipse plan is related to the legend yukino told us about so I would think arcadios would easily be able to lure her.

khaja_200923
September 02, 2012, 06:54 PM
it's hilarious to even think that yukino is with arcadios, she's just a novice who is more than happy to help when some tells her that even a useless mage like her can help save the world..

lawlett-kun
September 02, 2012, 09:16 PM
it's hilarious to even think that yukino is with arcadios, she's just a novice who is more than happy to help when some tells her that even a useless mage like her can help save the world..

well i have to disagree with you guys compeltely I think everything was a well thought plot from the start, maybe yukino wasnt with arcadius from the start maybe she was with the other minister guy whos with arcadios.I know the plotters, and Yukino is a plotter.Yes she would just go and give Lucy keys becuz 1) she never talked to her before 2) becuz Lucy is so amazing
no guys the answer is she wanted her to have them cuz she wants this god damn world to collapse

Duniak
September 03, 2012, 06:35 AM
well i have to disagree with you guys compeltely I think everything was a well thought plot from the start, maybe yukino wasnt with arcadius from the start maybe she was with the other minister guy whos with arcadios.I know the plotters, and Yukino is a plotter.Yes she would just go and give Lucy keys becuz 1) she never talked to her before 2) becuz Lucy is so amazing
no guys the answer is she wanted her to have them cuz she wants this god damn world to collapse

Nothing to prove your point. Why would Mashima bother drawing fake emotions and why would Arcadios fake his emotions when being alone and watching match? Showing us that would be pointless. Soldier told Yukino that her rank is TEMPORARY. You know what that means? She never had any rank, she got one after joining Eclipse Plan after getting beaten. And why would she give away her keys? She already told why. Don't think that everything is conspiracy. Think what and why author put in manga.

Razh
September 03, 2012, 10:30 AM

Unlike other dudes, here, I at least think you have an interesting idea there. It's possible that Yukino went to Arcadios first, then to Fairy Tail after that. Just possible. You could argue that Yukino was too selfless in trying to give Lucy her keys. I guess we'll see. I always like to read posts from people who can have a broader view on things.

Btw, I reported anyone who bashed your theory for no reason ^^.

lawlett-kun
September 03, 2012, 10:33 AM
Unlike other dudes, here, I at least think you have an interesting idea there. It's possible that Yukino went to Arcadios first, then to Fairy Tail after that. Just possible. You could argue that Yukino was too selfless in trying to give Lucy her keys. I guess we'll see. I always like to read posts from people who can have a broader view on things.

Btw, I reported anyone who bashed your theory for no reason ^^.

eh havla tebe!:D I dont understand why people not even wanna give a go to this .

on the side note i love how people in the arc have just random obsession with people, the latest is jura with laxus, like out of nowhere -_-

amizou
September 03, 2012, 11:12 AM
eh havla tebe!:D I dont understand why people not even wanna give a go to this .

@Amizou yeah sure i am very stupid, minus 4.0 gpa -_-

on the side note i love how people in the arc have just random obsession with people, the latest is jura with laxus, like out of nowhere -_-

It's not because someone else has accepted your theory, means it's true. I still dont understand why you are thinking this way, if you can explain to me whats the point of Mashima doing this and in which way your theory is affecting the story or what can it add to us, she knows Arcadios or not in the end she is there doing what he wants her to do.

Beelzeboss
September 03, 2012, 11:44 AM

Saying his name in 1 panel = obsession, huh?

Duniak
September 03, 2012, 11:44 AM
I dont understand why people not even wanna give a go to this .

Let me see... because it's just stupid? Because it's obvious she went to Arcadios AFTER going to FT? Because it's pointless to search for conspiracy everywhere just to be different? Because Mashima has no point in showing fake emotions? Because our knowledge comes from those tiny pictures and text next to it? Because saying author drew this just to say it was fake later is ridiculous? You think way to much. It's neither TV series nor real life, so don't look for "fake emotions" everywhere. Her being with Arcadios from the start would be... hmm... not important to main story? It won't change anything, so why bother drawing this?

NAM61
September 03, 2012, 12:16 PM
anyone think natsu will end up fighting minerva she owes him after what she did to lucy and threthening happy. i think this because i think kagura will be fighting erza and even though erza is powerful i think kagura and minerva would be to much. and i doubt natsu will fight sting and rogue again no point in that. or i think the team fight will be canceled by either the dragons attacking or zeref appearing.

lawlett-kun
September 03, 2012, 12:28 PM
Let me see... because it's just stupid? Because it's obvious she went to Arcadios AFTER going to FT? Because it's pointless to search for conspiracy everywhere just to be different? Because Mashima has no point in showing fake emotions? Because our knowledge comes from those tiny pictures and text next to it? Because saying author drew this just to say it was fake later is ridiculous? You think way to much. It's neither TV series nor real life, so don't look for "fake emotions" everywhere. Her being with Arcadios from the start would be... hmm... not important to main story? It won't change anything, so why bother drawing this?

so she just went to arcadious like how did she know to go to him? she was a guild it would make more sense to just some other guild not go work int eh army, and judging by the last the way she talked with the guard i am pretty she has been in the army before.I am not gonna argue any further but mark my words shes working with him.

Duniak
September 03, 2012, 01:26 PM
so she just went to arcadious like how did she know to go to him? she was a guild it would make more sense to just some other guild not go work int eh army, and judging by the last the way she talked with the guard i am pretty she has been in the army before.I am not gonna argue any further but mark my words shes working with him.

She always admired Sabertooth, grew stronger to get into ST, and than got humiliated in front of EVERYONE. Stepping on one's pride is something really serious.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/282/15

She just lost her very reason for existence and learning magic. Arcadios gave her reason and goal, made her feel useful. She didn't have a rank. But what do you know about life, kid? Looking for conspiracy everywhere and not knowing how people normally react. Trust me, I'm from Poland and I have this shit everyday on TV. And I won't waste my time on explaining you such basics, you won't understand anyway.

lawlett-kun
September 03, 2012, 01:31 PM
Kishi makes Naruto for 12 yo, for stupid kids that don't use LOGIC. He said it himself, that he's targeting younger audiences. Everyone who thinks can see, that Tobi being Obito is ridiculous. But some people still cry that they knew! Fuck it, we all had that suspicion at the very beginning, when Kakashi Gaiden got released (timing of KG).

She always admired Sabertooth, grew stronger to get into ST, and than got humiliated in front of EVERYONE. Stepping on one's pride is something really serious.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/282/15

She just lost her very reason for existence and learning magic. Arcadios gave her reason and goal, made her feel useful. She didn't have a rank. But what do you know about life, kid? Looking for conspiracy everywhere and not knowing how people normally react. Trust me, I'm from Poland and I have this shit everyday on TV. And I won't waste my time on explaining you such basics, you won't understand anyway.

how do you know arcadious gave her a reason really? like link me where he exactly gives her the reason to live on.

Razh
September 03, 2012, 01:55 PM
Don't understand why people are so ready to bash someone aggresively just because a theory was thrown out. You guys are so full of yourselves. You don't think his theory is true? Neither do I. Does it affect you in any kind of way which would warrant an aggresive response? Just chill a little and try to discuss things in a polite manner. Or grow up?

Do I think it's possible? Why not. Mashima has pulled all kinds of tricks during the years, in Rave Master as well. I've read a lot crazier theories in this forum.

lawlett-kun
September 03, 2012, 02:17 PM
yeah he did invite ehr, she enver says the time when he invited he could of invite her before the game even started, she could of just infiltrating ST as far as i am concerned, just like Doranbalt. No need to be so agressive it will lead you nowhere really i have a right to write what i think might happen.

Duniak
September 03, 2012, 02:26 PM
yeah he did invite ehr, she enver says the time when he invited he could of invite her before the game even started, she could of just infiltrating ST as far as i am concerned, just like Doranbalt. No need to be so agressive it will lead you nowhere really i have a right to write what i think might happen.

She was invited after getting beaten and we even got panel where she salutes saying she wants a word. She even introduces herself! Why would a SERGEANT do that? More importantly, why she speaks so officially if she supposedly has the same rank as the one she is talking to?

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/290/20

lawlett-kun
September 03, 2012, 02:28 PM
She was invited after getting beaten and we even got panel where she salutes saying she wants a word. She even introduces herself! Why would a SERGEANT do that? More importantly, why she speaks so officially if she supposedly has the same rank as the one she is talking to?

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/290/20

she doesnt introduces herself, people always say their names when they talk to higher ups in the army.If i go by your theory than arcadious either lied about his eclipse plan and Yukino is like really stupid or he told her the truth and Yukino is actually really evil, she would want to sacrifice an innocent.SO which one is it i wonder :)

Duniak
September 03, 2012, 02:45 PM
she doesnt introduces herself, people always say their names when they talk to higher ups in the army.If i go by your theory than arcadious either lied about his eclipse plan and Yukino is like really stupid or he told her the truth and Yukino is actually really evil, she would want to sacrifice an innocent.SO which one is it i wonder :)

Oh, yeah, she does introduce herself. If she was a sergeant she wouldn't have to. By the way, she was talking to a SERGEANT as well. You said higher-up. If your theory is right (it isn't) their ranks are the same. And the whole talk about temporary rank was there for what reason? To show us that she's been played and she recently got in Eclipse Project. Which is it? Arcadios is evil and played her, no shit Sherlock. xD She doesn't have the same knowledge as we. As Stellar Mage she may be the one to be sacrificed so what the hell are you talking about talkin' 'bout sacrificing innocent?

If she was invited BEFORE GMG, why she came to him after getting beaten?
If she was with Arcadios, why was he surprised? As I said, Mashima had no point in showing us fake emotions and Arcadios didn't have reason to fake. He was alone and the whole panel meant to show us his excitement and astonishment.
And again. WHAT THE HELL DOES IT CHANGE IN THE END? Would Mashima draw so much FAKE faces, FAKE emotions and lying if it wouldn't affect storyline? I wouldn't bother.

crimsonlink310
September 03, 2012, 11:22 PM
So theories aside, I'm really looking forward to the side stories. I really want more info on the Dragon World as that is what FT looks like they are headed towards.

BTW how does Jellal know what Zeref looks like if he ever gets near him besides by magic power?

I also find it curious that Mashima is letting Gajeel find the Dragon Graveyard and has Levy give the dark future vibe.

Fairy Tail members will die, there will be injuries and Lucy seems to have died or disappeared. Man Mashima is really killing us by making sure we won't find out till early/late October.

lawlett-kun
September 03, 2012, 11:27 PM
So theories aside, I'm really looking forward to the side stories. I really want more info on the Dragon World as that is what FT looks like they are headed towards.

BTW how does Jellal know what Zeref looks like if he ever gets near him besides by magic power?

I also find it curious that Mashima is letting Gajeel find the Dragon Graveyard and has Levy give the dark future vibe.

Fairy Tail members will die, there will be injuries and Lucy seems to have died or disappeared. Man Mashima is really killing us by making sure we won't find out till early/late October.

urtear prolly told him maybe somehow showed him with her arc of time

Krono
September 04, 2012, 12:25 AM
Oh, yeah, she does introduce herself. If she was a sergeant she wouldn't have to. By the way, she was talking to a SERGEANT as well. You said higher-up. If your theory is right (it isn't) their ranks are the same. And the whole talk about temporary rank was there for what reason? To show us that she's been played and she recently got in Eclipse Project. Which is it? Arcadios is evil and played her, no shit Sherlock. xD She doesn't have the same knowledge as we. As Stellar Mage she may be the one to be sacrificed so what the hell are you talking about talkin' 'bout sacrificing innocent?

If she was invited BEFORE GMG, why she came to him after getting beaten?
If she was with Arcadios, why was he surprised? As I said, Mashima had no point in showing us fake emotions and Arcadios didn't have reason to fake. He was alone and the whole panel meant to show us his excitement and astonishment.
And again. WHAT THE HELL DOES IT CHANGE IN THE END? Would Mashima draw so much FAKE faces, FAKE emotions and lying if it wouldn't affect storyline? I wouldn't bother.

Actually, that bit where she's introducing herself is mistranslated. The correct translation would be roughly "Sergeant Yukino Aguria has arrived."

But yeah, the sequence of events at this point is pretty clear, and it doesn't include Yukino working for Arcadios before or while she was with Sabertooth, or when she tried to give Lucy her keys.

Day 2
Kidnap Lucy plan fails horribly.
Yukino reveals herself as a stellar spirit wizard, Arcadios is surprised and delighted to have a second target.
Yukino gets humiliated and thrown out of Sabertooth.
Yukino offers to give her keys to Lucy, Lucy declines.
Natsu apologies for suspecting Yukino, Yukino breaks down and reveals her treatment at Sabertooth's hands.
Natsu rampages at Sabertooth.

Day 3
Yukino hears about the disturbance at Sabertooth, realizes it must have been Natsu, but continues away from the stadium.
Arcadios or more likely one of his minions intercepts her with a job offer.
After the "official" explanations, Yukino accepts the job offer, and at the end of the day "Sergant Yukino Aguria" reports to Arcadios.

Day 4
Yukino watches the tournament from the castle.

Really, nothing says that Arcadios or Yukino knew one another before the tournament. Arcadios was surprised she was a Stellar Spirit Wizard. Yukino can't get used to being addressed as her temporary rank of Sergent, forgets to address Arcadios by rank, and doesn't know how informally Arcadios is usually addressed.

Furthermore, we have no proof that Arcadios needs the Gold Keys. He's only expressed interest in the wizards themselves. If all he needed was one wizard with all 12 keys, Lucy dying would not be something panic inducing as Yukino had failed to give her keys to Lucy, and given the state of stellar spirit wizards, Yukino would almost certainly inherit Lucy's gold keys. Instead, he wants both of them alive for the time being.

Marche
September 04, 2012, 06:47 AM
Now I will comment the lastest chapter, with the exception of the encounter between Gerard and the mysterious girl (even about Carla’s premonition and Levy’s word).
I will not write about even of the fact that Gazille has found a dragon’s graveyard, because I have alrady wrote about that in my previous post.
To begin I must say that is very good the cover page, even if Erza’s side B is not the best of the serie :teehee:teehee:teehee, even if she has the best boobs :drool::drool::drool:.
Anyways I don’t think than they are her real armours, I don’t recognize their armour (anyways that was the important thing of that page).

Anyways now I seriously to comments the chapter.
Good that now all the other guilds have as target Fairy Tail, good that all the Fairy Tail mages (except for Gazille) celebrate the first positions, what I liked the most was this pics http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297/15, fun that how Erza take Natsu on her chest, but unfortunately she wears the armour and for that reason she hurts him.
We even see some hints about the match up that we will have, I must say that I don’t like that there is not Bacchus there (at least he could took Ren place).

Anyways now we have the confirmation that the tournemnt will end in 6 days, 5 where there will be some battle and 1 where the partecipants could rest.
I must say that I don’t like this, since I was sure that in the last day we would have a survival battle I thought that for Arcadia would be the best change to kidnap Lucy, while all the Fairy Tail mages would be occupied with the event as partecipants or as audience.
But perhaps Arcadia wants to do that after the tournament for give the fault to Raven Tail again.
Infact most likely after the tournement they would be released (infact they only cheated to a game, their detention would not be too long), while if he would snatched her before he could not give the fault to Raven Tail, since they would be still in jail.
Infact probably he wants to do his plan while Fairy Tail would be focused to search for Raven Tail.
Anyways the 7 july wll be the last day, but perhaps there will be only a ceremony.
I think this because of what has been said here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/292/10.
In the truth there is the possibility that even if in this chapter has been said that the survival game will be the last battle, that is not the truth.
Perhaps in the last day there will be a last battle, where each winner of the survivor battle will fight against the other winner (I will write the detail later).
Or perhaps there will be a single battle where each guild will choice a single warrior.
I believe this because at the beginning of the tournament Porlyusica in chapter 267 said the tournament last for 7 days, so if in the last day there will be only a ceremony Wendy would not be able to show her strength.
Anyways there is even the possibilities that this year would be different counting that this year the Eclipse Plan would be put in action.

Anyways as I said above I was sure that we would have a survivor match.
I was not sure (and even now I am not sure) if we would have only one survivor match where all the partecipants would fight on the same time a place or not.
Actually I hope that the participant would not fight on the same time and place, because I believe that we will not be able to understand very well what will happened (at least in the manga, while in the anime we will be able to understand well, because the images are in motion, while in the manga there are static images.

I hope that considering the war in Naruto and in One Piece.
Infact at least for now in Naruto we have various battlefield so we can understand very well the various fight, while in One Piece in the war between the World government against the Whitebeard pirates and his allies was all made in a single battlefield, and at least in the manga for some part of the battlefield I did not understood very well what was going on.

I must say that before of this chapter I thought that we would have 5 survival games of 30 minutes, but now I hope/believe that we will have 5 survival game at the same time but in different places.
These survivals battles could last for 2 hours and 30 minutes (the time for a contest and 4 battles of 30 minutes) if we will not have on the 6th day a final battle where each survivor (the winner of each survival game or the one who can still stand after that time (infact there is the possibilities that more than one member will be able to stand up after that time, just like the chance that in one group all the partecipants will not be able to continue to fight)).

Anyways I believe that each member of Fairy Tail will fight a member of Sabertooth and a member of another guild.
Infact after this chapter we will have this match up for now:
1) Erza, Kagura and Minerva.
2) Rufus, Gray and Lyon.
3) Gazille, Rogue and Ren.
4) Luxus, Orga and Jura.
For Natsu one will be Ichiya, for the other we don’t know yet.
In fact I believe that Sting will be expelled by the guild and Sabertooth’s master, Gemma, that temporarily he will leave the master position will took his place.
I think that Natsu and him could bet that if Natsu will be able to defeat him he will leave Sabertooth, otherwise if he will win he will take back his master positions.
If Gemma will leave the guild will change, it will be similar to the other light guild.
To tell the truth I must say that I prefer if Gemma will remain Sabertooth’s master, but all the 5 strongest Sabertooth’s member will leave the guild.
Infact even if Sabertooth is a light guild, there is not friendship between the members, so after Gemma’s lost the members would not respect him anymore (or perhaps they would understand than they are wrong), and they will abandon him, just like happened with Hades http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/249/5 (even if they did that because they were afraid of Makarov and the other).
If this will happened than this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297/6 could be a sign of what will happened.
For that reason I really liked that scene, where Gemma is all alone.
Anyways I really hope that even Hibiki, Bacchus will have an important role, and even if they will not have any change of winning I hope to see something more of Beth and Arania Web, the two mages of Mermaid Hell that appeared only the first day.
While I really hope that Jenny will be humiliated again.

Anyways after this chapter I think that it is obvious that Yukino joined Arcadia only after that Sabertooth expelled and humiliated her.

Forsaken6
September 04, 2012, 12:45 PM
Well I'm a little scared or maybe confused about Levi's flashfprwards...
I really don't get it!!! What Mashima wants to show?
The card of resurrection has been already used with the Fairy Island Arc and now I don't know what will happen...
So Lucy,Natsu,Gajeel and other random characters are going to die due to some terrible events or what?
A FutureLevi just like FutureTrunks????

Edelheld
September 04, 2012, 01:56 PM
Just want to remind that Arcadios being a baddie who wants to sacrifice the stellar spirit mage for his own purposes is just a speculation. He actually might be believing in just cause and has no plan to sacrifice anyone

khaja_200923
September 04, 2012, 02:04 PM
Just want to remind that Arcadios being a baddie who wants to sacrifice the stellar spirit mage for his own purposes is just a speculation. He actually might be believing in just cause and has no plan to sacrifice anyone
There is no just cause in trying to make zeref the ruler of the world. Believing in a person who spawned demon armies on humans and created chaos in the world might as well mean believing in chaos and destruction.

lawlett-kun
September 04, 2012, 05:29 PM
well arcadious could of been brainwashed by someone, just like Jerrar in the past.But i dunno if i believe what you guys say about Yukino than shes a psycopath who wants to see this world burn

Edelheld
September 05, 2012, 12:23 AM
There is no just cause in trying to make zeref the ruler of the world. Believing in a person who spawned demon armies on humans and created chaos in the world might as well mean believing in chaos and destruction.
Just wanted to remind you that everything might get absolutely different from what it seems =)
And we don't know yet what Zeref is doing right now, maybe Arcadios is different from other people who wanted to align themselves to Zeref.

khaja_200923
September 05, 2012, 03:04 AM
Just wanted to remind you that everything might get absolutely different from what it seems =)
And we don't know yet what Zeref is doing right now, maybe Arcadios is different from other people who wanted to align themselves to Zeref.
no living humans knows what zeref truly is or his intentions except for his legacies and that he is needed to folding an end to a era.
if arcadios is not after his dark legacies but for his power to change era's u can say his true intentions are something else other than chaos. But doesn't ending a era itself involves bloody war's and How come anybody trying to end a current form of world be considered anything but evil.?

lucy heartfilia
September 05, 2012, 11:50 AM
I vote epic
This chapter was awesome
Fairy tail is the best shonen manga now!!!
Meantime I think that woman is layla heartfilia ...
She is not lucy from the future

lawlett-kun
September 05, 2012, 11:56 AM
I vote epic
This chapter was awesome
Fairy tail is the best shonen manga now!!!
Meantime I think that woman is layla heartfilia ...
She is not lucy from the future

but why would jellal know her or saw her

NAM61
September 05, 2012, 12:20 PM
i think it is future lucy that would surprise jellal. i think she used some sort of evil magic like zerefs to travel to the past.

Edelheld
September 05, 2012, 04:00 PM
no living humans knows what zeref truly is or his intentions except for his legacies and that he is needed to folding an end to a era.
if arcadios is not after his dark legacies but for his power to change era's u can say his true intentions are something else other than chaos. But doesn't ending a era itself involves bloody war's and How come anybody trying to end a current form of world be considered anything but evil.?
Where does it says that he wants to change eras?

---------- Post added September 06, 2012 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was September 05, 2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

i think it is future lucy that would surprise jellal. i think she used some sort of evil magic like zerefs to travel to the past.
And maybe that magical travel implies some sort of amnesia so that's why Levy wrote her diary for Lucy to remember about the mission? =)

khaja_200923
September 05, 2012, 04:26 PM
Where does it says that he wants to change eras?

It's not that zeref wants to change eras but is considered a necessity to change era's by humans. what zeref truly wants is a mystery?

lawlett-kun
September 05, 2012, 04:31 PM
It's not that zeref wants to change eras but is considered a necessity to change era's by humans. what zeref truly wants is a mystery?

NO ITS A NOT A MYSTERY. he wants to die. thats why he was dissapointed natsu is not up for the job yet

SerpentTailedAngel
September 06, 2012, 12:36 AM
Mm... I think he said he wants Natsu to "break" him. Die is the most obvious interpretation of that, but just the fact that he didn't use the word "kill" instead makes it seem like that may not actually be the case. I think it could still be considered a mystery.

adbanginwar
September 06, 2012, 09:07 AM
Mm... I think he said he wants Natsu to "break" him. Die is the most obvious interpretation of that, but just the fact that he didn't use the word "kill" instead makes it seem like that may not actually be the case. I think it could still be considered a mystery.
what do you mean by break?

SerpentTailedAngel
September 06, 2012, 09:24 AM
I mean Zeref says "Natsu still can't break me." What he means by break is unknown. The most common assumption is that he wants Natsu to kill him.

Thuwa25
September 07, 2012, 01:08 AM
i believe and i hope i am right on this that in the next chapter that everything will start to move. I think the dragon graveyard and the gate are connected. maybe the gate is used to summon the dragon king and the use of lucy is a human sacrifice. And i think with the dragon's king arrival hell will surely follow.

k0dach1
September 07, 2012, 01:23 AM
My thoughts on the chapter:

1. Just because one underling says Arcadios is trying to save the world, doesn't mean that it is true. This could be a lie Arcadios is using to have people, including the King, follow his commands. His goal is impossible for us to guess, but him being a good guy seems a bit of a stretch.
2. Who Jellal saw? My guess is as good as anyone. If she indeed came from the future then my guesses are Ultear, Lucy or Levi. I have a hard time believing that Layla would dig herself out of her grave and trouble herself with an upcoming battle. But why does she have a hint of Zeref's power? Did Zeref go wild in the future, killing FT, then his power somehow stuck to the time traveller? Or maybe Zeref's power was needed in order to complete the time travel? Either way it's going to be an exciting reveal.
3. Dragon Graveyard. Not so shocking in my opinion. Seeing that there were "cave" drawings of dragons in the arena leads me to believe that the colliseum was and is related to the dragons. Couldv'e been a resting ground of sorts for the dragons. Either way dragons were conected to the colliseum.

Will there be a chapter today? Or is FT on break?

SerpentTailedAngel
September 07, 2012, 01:39 AM
There's gonna be a bonus chapter. We're still getting stuff, but it shouldn't be highly relevant and won't be given a chapter number. I think next week will be the same.

I highly doubt it's someone from the future-though it is still possible. If it was someone who was exposed to Zeref's magic and then ended up coming back in time to impart a warning or whatever then that doesn't explain why Jellal has been sensing Zeref's magic every year at the tournament so I doubt that's the case.

k0dach1
September 07, 2012, 01:57 AM
Whether or not it is a time traveller, I still say Lisanna being sucked into a different world and being left for dead was a crazier story. So time traveling isn't that impossible.

It might be possible that the time traveller always came back to the games because that was when the incident occured. The moment the Tenrou Island group got back was when the incident happened. This could be a reason as to why the mysterious magic kept appearing duing the games was because she was waiting to see the Tenrou gang.

A question, is it confirmed that the mysterious magical pressence is indeed this mystery girl who has similar magic to Zeref? Or is it possible that the magic felt before by Crime Sorcerie was a different magic? Not really sure, too lazy to check back on old chapters.

Thuwa25
September 07, 2012, 02:27 AM
not only time travel can be a possibility but the same can go for human sacrifices such as erza and the r-system arc...but whichever the story goes i bet that zeref could be the pumpkin man...

k0dach1
September 07, 2012, 03:15 AM
Well, all these talk about Levi and the future, we are not even sure if it will come true. It is merely one of the possible futures, Ultear mentioned this during her fight with Natsu in Tenrou Island. There are many possible futures.
So for all we know, this future Levi is in won't happen.

Zeref being the pumpkin man? Lol funny idea. Maybe behind the pumpkin is Arcadios exceed version.

WilliamK
September 07, 2012, 03:36 AM
I'm pretty certain the Pumpkin man is the King as the the only time the King appears is when the Pumpkin dude is having a day off. Plus, they're the same height.