PDA

View Full Version : Review Bleach 260 Review by Gigantor21

gigantor21
January 26, 2007, 06:04 PM
260. Right Arm of The Giant 2

Okay, everyone, on three--one…two…

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!

Finally, after volumes and volumes of watching him suck, Kubo has finally given Chad the power boost he needed to fight on even terms with Ichigo and Ishida. Not only that, but we got to see both the real form of Chad’s right arm in action AND a new addition to the armor—The Left Arm of The Devil, which is suited specifically for attacking (though the Right Arm’s attacks aren’t exactly weak sauce).

Gantiban's release looks stupid as hell, but who cares? CHAD'S GONNA STOMP HIS ASS!

In case you haven’t realized it, Chad is my favorite character in the entire series. Ever since he got his ass handed to him by Shunsui, it seemed like Chad was doomed to become as useless as the humans in DBZ by the time the Cell Saga ended. So, naturally, I’m giddy as all hell right now.

It’s literally been years since a chapter of Bleach got me this excited—and it’s damn refreshing.

Rating: 4.5/5

This is, hands down, the best chapter I’ve reviewed yet. I can’t give it a 5, though, because I don’t see it making this arc any better after the fight ends.

Athena
January 26, 2007, 06:24 PM
cool that was fast! You really liked this chapter! I would have given it a 5, this chapter really derives it.
i gotta say this, after Ichigo's hollow mask, Chad has the best release form. i never thought of him having hollow powers and his hollow-left arm totally blew me away. I’m so looking to see him fight along side Ichigo and maybe even HE is the one who saves ichigo’s ass this time!

Inana
:kkthumbs

gigantor21
January 26, 2007, 07:02 PM
cool that was fast! You really liked this chapter! I would have given it a 5, this chapter really derives it.
i gotta say this, after Ichigo's hollow mask, Chad has the best release form. i never thought of him having hollow powers and his hollow-left arm totally blew me away. I’m so looking to see him fight along side Ichigo and maybe even HE is the one who saves ichigo’s ass this time!

Inana
:kkthumbs

I agree--Chad's enhancements have the most potential for variation, which makes them the most intriguing. I'm looking forward to seeing Chad's development the most.

On the rating, I couldn't give the chapter a 5 because I'm saving that for the most pivotal chapters in the series as a whole--like, for instance, the chapter where Ichigo's Hollow came out, and the one where Aizen first revealed he was alive AND one of the traitors. Those marked huge turning points in the series itself--while this one was really important, it wasn't nearly as pivotal.

destinator
January 26, 2007, 07:19 PM
In case you haven’t realized it, Chad is my favorite character in the entire series. Ever since he got his ass handed to him by Shunsui, it seemed like Chad was doomed to become as useless as the humans in DBZ by the time the Cell Saga ended. So, naturally, I’m giddy as all hell right now.

Have to agree on that. I always loved chad somehow. But he was so damn weak and especially after the SS arc I felt like he would become totally useless because he can't even keep up with a captain. After we found out that they would head to Hueco Mundo I thought that he would be even more useless against the Arrancar. Well I like this new upgrade of him, or lets say the two upgrades we saw in the last chapters. I hope to see some more of that in the next chapter.

gigantor21
January 26, 2007, 07:24 PM
Have to agree on that. I always loved chad somehow. But he was so damn weak and especially after the SS arc I felt like he would become totally useless because he can't even keep up with a captain. After we found out that they would head to Hueco Mundo I thought that he would be even more useless against the Arrancar. Well I like this new upgrade of him, or lets say the two upgrades we saw in the last chapters. I hope to see some more of that in the next chapter.

Absolutely. What I'm really interested in seeing is what the Left Arm can do, if the Right Arm's attacks were still so powerful despite it being for defense.

My hope is that it's something brand new, rather than a stronger version of the blasts from the Right Arm.

Silhouette
January 26, 2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the review gigantor21 :amuse

gigantor21
January 26, 2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the review gigantor21 :amuse

You're welcome!

kiddo7
January 27, 2007, 01:05 AM
WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeaya! go chad, it's your birthday, we're going to party like it's your birthday!
Yes sir, alright!
I know it must be har to tell, but I am sligtly, how do I put this, shall we say elated by the developements of witnessed in the most recent publication.

Yes, chad has been my favorite character ever since he took that hit from the I-beam and walked away like it was no big deal. He is more noble in his demeanor thatn Uryuu and he is as compashionate as Orihime. And now once again he kicks mare ass than anyone else. People where saying that his fight was different because he showed his trumpcard early on in the fight and that he has no more surprises in store, but My man Kubo, proved them all wrong. He still had an ace in the hole and his great moment of glory is yet to come.

OK now that I got that out of my system I have cooled down just enough to start thinking about some things. like what is the story behind his left arm? Does the name imply that chad has a much darker, maybe more blodthirsty and violent side to himself? Also, will his other body parts attain hollow forms aswell in the furure? I for one never was a great fan of the full body armor theory, And I still don't think it will happen, I think that his arms should be thought of more as independent unique powersworking together, than two parts of a yet to be completed armor.
THere is so much i want to know about this guy now, I don' care if i don't see ichigo or rukia or any of the otheres for another 10 chapters.

anyway, grat chapter, early review, good times.

gigantor21
January 27, 2007, 01:12 AM
I can't wait until next chapter, where we'll get to see the Left Arm of The Devil in action! Mmm-mmm, bitch!

And kiddo7, I'm not sure if the Left Arm's name really does imply anything, since Chad said outright that his powers are Hollow-like during the chapter. I can't really see Chad having a bloodthirsty side. It's entirely possible when you consider what his powers are like, though.

Silhouette
January 27, 2007, 08:10 AM
I'm not sure if the Left Arm's name really does imply anything, since Chad said outright that his powers are Hollow-like during the chapter. I can't really see Chad having a bloodthirsty side. It's entirely possible when you consider what his powers are like, though.

I agree with you despite how much I want Chad and Ichigo to go berserk on the Espadas...not just beat/kill them...I am taking about a blided-by-rage massacre that when they finish every thing will be covered in blood. But I guess Aizen repenting and giving up the Hougyoku has better chances to happen than that.

gigantor21
January 27, 2007, 09:58 AM
I agree with you despite how much I want Chad and Ichigo to go berserk on the Espadas...not just beat/kill them...I am taking about a blided-by-rage massacre that when they finish every thing will be covered in blood. But I guess Aizen repenting and giving up the Hougyoku has better chances to happen than that.

Yeah, probably. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if it did happen, though.

juUnior
January 27, 2007, 02:19 PM
I agree with review, and I would give not 4,5, but 5/5, because i dont know why, but this chapter with fighting looks more interesting than fight Ichigos or Ishidas ^^ Defiently Chad is now one of more powerful warriors, which I like, because I also mind that how Chad will be stronger, when he was so easily deafeted by Shunsui, i would say. So yay for that chapter ^^

gigantor21
January 27, 2007, 02:43 PM
I agree with review, and I would give not 4,5, but 5/5, because i dont know why, but this chapter with fighting looks more interesting than fight Ichigos or Ishidas ^^ Defiently Chad is now one of more powerful warriors, which I like, because I also mind that how Chad will be stronger, when he was so easily deafeted by Shunsui, i would say. So yay for that chapter ^^

Yeah, this chapter was amazing. But even so, it wasn't a chapter that made me look at the entire series so far in a completely different light, like when Ichigo first went Vaizard or when Aizen revealed his plot. So a 4.5 out of 5 is the best I could give it.

It's not like that's a bad grade or anything, though...

qwan3356
January 27, 2007, 09:05 PM
ITs about time that Chad get some Air Time, lol. and wit it, he got some super upgrades. He looks like he is going to totally own ppl now, lol. i wonder if more of him is going to go hollow-like

btw, great review!!!!!

mugen
January 27, 2007, 09:13 PM
yeah Mugen will admit this chapter was pretty good unlike the others :noworry
anyways great review :kkthumbs

and could it be Chad who will train Ichigo ?

gigantor21
January 28, 2007, 12:12 AM
Thanks, you guys!

and could it be Chad who will train Ichigo ?

I could definitely see Chad becoming a viable sparring partner now, like Renji was to him.

Gold Knight
January 28, 2007, 09:25 PM
Chad has also been a fave of mine, although I have to say I don't know that the chapter was all that interesting to me. It was just 'pow, pow, pow' to me. You could have taken all the text out and just kept SFX and I don't know if the chapter would have lost anything.

Still, fun to see the spotlight on Chad, but I doubt I would have given this chapter a 4.5 rating. Still, is only my opinion :)

gigantor21
January 28, 2007, 09:45 PM
Chad has also been a fave of mine, although I have to say I don't know that the chapter was all that interesting to me. It was just 'pow, pow, pow' to me. You could have taken all the text out and just kept SFX and I don't know if the chapter would have lost anything.

Still, fun to see the spotlight on Chad, but I doubt I would have given this chapter a 4.5 rating. Still, is only my opinion :)

Oh, that's alright. I fanboyed the hell out of the review because Chad is my favorite character, anyway, so no love lost.

Goji
January 30, 2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the review gigantor21!
I'm also just glad we finally got to see some major Chad-upgrades!!! (it was about time for that... lol :p )
But who would have guessed Chad had Hollowpowers in him... :ninja That was quite the surprise for me. ^^

Anyways: keep up the good work!

gigantor21
January 30, 2007, 02:36 PM
You're welcome, Goji. And I will.