PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 300 Discussion

benelori
September 13, 2012, 07:05 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

Chris38
September 21, 2012, 12:49 AM
It's out: http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/300

Nike Takeuchi
September 21, 2012, 12:53 AM
Great hit !! Sting!!
NOOOOOOOO~~~ Lector!!
can't wait for the "survival match" ...

Ifrit
September 21, 2012, 12:55 AM
I vote regular, but to be honest expected much more information in this chapter, but it felt normal.

The girl identity wasn't shown, and nothing about the dragons graveyard. IT wasn't worth the wait for two weeks, I hope next chapter will be much better.

Chris38
September 21, 2012, 01:00 AM
I think that he is leaving the moment, when the girls identity is going to be revealed, when the things related with the Eclipse project finally starts.

Anyway, this chapter definitely gave some huge hints that the girl might be someone from the future, since how else would she know about the Eclipse project and the fact that it's related with the Dragon King Festival.

vansonbee
September 21, 2012, 01:03 AM
To be fair, it was a laser blast and it seem to cut through anything.

I bet people are gonna compare it to Natsu fight, but I recall 75% of Sting attack were holy type and some were laser, which Natsu dodge.

gaston42
September 21, 2012, 01:04 AM
It looks like Sting has learned "Nakama Power Up" the hard way. Though I don't think that Gemma is done for, it's likely that Minerva will be running the show on Sabertooth for the rest of the arc.

FrostyMouse
September 21, 2012, 01:04 AM
You guys have been watching the links way too much. I came here hoping that I was in time, but no.

zerocooldx
September 21, 2012, 01:10 AM
What the hell, did Sting just one shot Gemma without using Drive or DF!? I don't really mind how Sting reacted, that was to be expected. But the guild master being punked like that was...interesting to say the least. And on top of that there is Minerva watching with a smile of approval. I still don't get ST as a guild. So many random things happen with this guild that no one literally knows whats next.

crimsonlink310
September 21, 2012, 01:11 AM
I can't wait for a better translation but wow what a chapter. Not the best but it was still good. Crazy how Mashima has killed off 2 characters in one chapter. O_o Minor ones but still killed off characters.

It was kinda annoying how Mashima made Sting a copy of Natsu. Heck I thought it was Natsu that was killing Genma because their rage face/hair is an exact copy of each other.

Can't wait for the next chapter. Wonder why Erza and Laxus didn't come along to the graveyard?

BTW Who is going to be master of Sabertooth now? Unless Genma isn't really dead but severely injured.

FrostyMouse
September 21, 2012, 01:13 AM
Entertaining chapter, but not what I really expected out of the magical chapter 300 after we were forced to sit through two filler chapters. Perhaps Sting and Rogue have seen the light, or maybe it's just Gemma's overwhelming evil and the murder of Lecter that sent Sting over the edge with the Nakama Power. Minerva seemed rather happy to see Gemma fall, even if he's not dead or even out of the game yet.

tobeulp
September 21, 2012, 01:24 AM
Not the best chapter for a 300th I think the start of Natsu/Gazile vs Sting/Rogue is better fit to be the 300th... Still the chapter is good poor lecter the only one who I like in the Sabertooth guild gone now they can banish now ^^... The mysterious girl had only one hand so I guess there will gonna be a dreadful event coming

Chris38
September 21, 2012, 01:26 AM
Well, has anyone noticed the fact that apparently the mysterious girl has only one arm, after all normally you would use you're other arm to open a pen, not you're teeth:

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/300/20

gaston42
September 21, 2012, 01:30 AM
BTW Who is going to be master of Sabertooth now? Unless Genma isn't really dead but severely injured.

Probably Minerva as she seems to be the most powerful member. However Sabertooth will probably fall apart at the end of the tournament : Not only the 2 dragon slayers who are part of their main force will leave the guild (they will participate the last day "for honor" though) but, since Sabertooth will NOT end up 1st in the tournament and since it looks like the only reason for most members to be here is to be in the "Number 1 guild", many members are going to look elsewhere for a guild.

SerpentTailedAngel
September 21, 2012, 01:46 AM
:O
Lector.
Oh my god... poor Sting...

ndulzky
September 21, 2012, 01:46 AM
Well, has anyone noticed the fact that apparently the mysterious girl has only one arm, after all normally you would use you're other arm to open a pen, not you're teeth:

Wow good observation! I think you're right! Either just one-handed, or the other hand is severely injured. Plus the comment of the guard about how bad her handwriting is, maybe that left hand is not her primary hand.

Ifrit
September 21, 2012, 01:54 AM

Yeah, Lucy uses her right hand, this explains the terrible hand writing, the girl used her left hand.

zahnskye
September 21, 2012, 01:55 AM
... so.... seeing as how there are like... maybe... 2 people in Saber that AREN'T complete scum... can I please get my wish and see them all get brutally murdered? Please?

Kuza
September 21, 2012, 01:57 AM
Well this guild surely needs a corporate psychotherapist.. I kinda thought he would command them to undress like Yukino when it started xDDD
Their master is pathetic, they are most likely to join FT or going to be convinced by Minerva to get revenge on FT after she becomes master.
Also a good notion of hooded girl, she really lacks a hand and previously she was a right-handed person. 1 thing is clear - she is not a foe. And about 1st page, Gerar found out some serious shit, so FT willl most likely be informed of what is coming, or possibly not informed bacause council members arest him again. All in all nice chapter, that opens a lot of oportunities.

PS <Trolling alarm> Next chapter will 100% be Wendy speaking with dead dragons about what this event is so no action next chapter either

zahnskye
September 21, 2012, 02:06 AM
Sting should have been allowed in this one chapter to kill everyone in Sabertooth. I'm not even kidding, and I'm sorry (not really) to anyone who LIKED Sabertooth, I want to see them all die. Die horribly and pathetically. These people are ARROGANT, EVIL, ALMOST COMPLETELY PSYCHOTIC pieces of crap that do NOT deserve anything more than being beaten to a bloody pulp.

Worst kind of scum imaginable. In real life or otherwise, people like this deserve to be put down. They literally were just having fun tormenting anyone weaker than they were. When the people they could not catch up to no matter how hard they believed their dicks were bigger showed up, they lost all sense of being "real" people. They deserve whatever horrible things happen to them, and if they are kept around I will be EXTREMELY unhappy.

Krono
September 21, 2012, 02:21 AM
It should be noted that it's entirely possible for Lector to be alive. It's well within Minerva's power to have teleported him somewhere, and it seems to have been in her interest for Sting to put a big hole in Gemma.

SerpentTailedAngel
September 21, 2012, 02:23 AM
I don't even like Lector and I seriously hope that's the case. Holy crap. Poor Sting. Gemma just sky rocketed to the top of my most hated characters list.
Barney, you have been replaced. Get your purple dinosaur butt off the top of the list.

Jorge D. Dragon
September 21, 2012, 02:42 AM
Genma really is the worst scum in this manga. Still I don't think he is done. I believe he will actually take down Sting. He is quite a monster as he actually managed to fight Natsu when he was using not only his Fire Mode, but Fire Lightning Mode...

But poor Lector... I didn't like him that much, but still... to kill him it was really damn cruel.

So it seems that in the next chapter we are going to see Wendy talking with Dragons and we might get some interesting info and revelations.:)

Also, about that one-handed person. I believe it might not be a girl and I don't believe it is Lucy. Especially after seeing it in the right bottom panels of this page:
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/300/20
and especially on the bottom panel of this page:
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/300/21
I will make a wild guess and say that it might actually be Natsu from the future.:)

SerpentTailedAngel
September 21, 2012, 02:50 AM
Gah. I went and vented to my friend about the Sabertooth scene even though she's only to the Nirvana arc, so I had to avoid saying anything that gave away what happened (I didn't even mention exceed) and just go on about how badly Sting needs therapy and a hug. Her response? "And a kitty."

I wonder why that girl needed to take notes if she knew about everything well enough to let Jellal know that they were screwed.

LoS
Lector will probably reappear as part of a connection with the Dragon soul reveal if he wasn't outright saved by Minerva.

R3D
okok , so if genma falls and get knocked out , does he have to erase the guild logo and kick himself out of the guild ? i hope he does , so that we wont have to see scum like him anymore .. i still dont like sting rouge and lector though lol , Frosch is too cute to hate <3

Zasz
September 21, 2012, 02:55 AM
Poor Lector. ::(
I Hope that Sting's laser killed that bastard of Genma; I don't want to see him ever again.
Minerva seems suspiciously happy about the death(?) of her guild Master; I wonder what she is thinking.
Nice to finally see a development on the dragons' front. I suppose that thanks to Wendy's Milky Way Natsu and the others will come to know about the Dragon Festival and the Eclipse plan.
About those two things, I think that we can take for granted the fact that the misterious girl comes from the future; in fact, as someone here said before, only a person who witnessed the destruction caused by the plan, could know such things.
To me this girl is none other than Lucy; I mean, who is now in the dragons' graveyard with Natsu and the others?

P.S: Lucy's dominant hand is the left or the right one?

SerpentTailedAngel
September 21, 2012, 03:16 AM
I believe it's right, but by default so is just about everyone else.

Aranilas
September 21, 2012, 03:26 AM
I doubt, that Lector is dead. Basend on Minervas reaction, I think she (with her "dissapear-magic") placed him on an other location, of course without knowlegde of her father.
It seems as she wanted Sting to show his "real power", so I don't think she's "happy" about her fathers injury/dead, futher about Stings reaction.

Zasz
September 21, 2012, 03:40 AM
I believe it's right, but by default so is just about everyone else.

I see; thanks for remembering it to me. :)

I doubt, that Lector is dead. Basend on Minervas reaction, I think she (with her "dissapear-magic") placed him on an other location, of course without knowlegde of her father.
It seems as she wanted Sting to show his "real power", so I don't think she's "happy" about her fathers injury/dead, futher about Stings reaction.

Well even if you say so, her behaviour still remains awkward.
In little words, I don't know how her Master (and father) death could benefit her.

SerpentTailedAngel
September 21, 2012, 03:44 AM
I don't think he was her dad. I think that was just an odd translation error.

Zasz
September 21, 2012, 03:52 AM
I don't think he was her dad. I think that was just an odd translation error.

Oh, so it was an error of translation. :gwah
Anyway I wonder what is she planning.....She wants to become the next Master? I doubt it, since by doing so she wouldn't be able to take part anymore in the tournament.
Could she be an agent of a Dark Guild whose orders is to destroy from within the Light Guilds?
Ok, with the last sentence I think I fantasyzed too much. :derp

Aranilas
September 21, 2012, 03:53 AM
Zasz, thats what I meant, I doubt she's happy about the injury of the master - her reaction is based on the action of Sting.

But I do think, she's the masters daughter, otherwise she wouldn't and mustn't act how she did in chapter 282 for example - I mean: who would dare to interrupt the master (as Natsu attacked Sabertooth), but the own daughter. Also the "title" "Young Lady" everybody uses ... just the masters daughter would called like that, wouldn't she?

By the way - das anybody noticed the similarity of Natsu & Sting in this chapter. With the head-bandage Stings hair and facial expression look exactly like Natsu. I really symphazised with him this time.

Zasz
September 21, 2012, 03:58 AM
Zasz, thats what I meant, I doubt she's happy about the injury of the master - her reaction is based on the action of Sting.

By the way - das anybody noticed the similarity of Natsu & Sting in this chapter. With the head-bandage Stings hair and facial expression look exactly like Natsu. I really symphazised with him this time.

Oops, sorry I read too fast and didn't notice that we said the same thing; my bad. :verily
Anyway yes, Mashima sometimes draws characters with the same facial expressions. The same is done by many other mangakas.

Aranilas
September 21, 2012, 04:25 AM
I've got an other "wild idea" about the unknown girl.
Based on the theory with the one arm, I searched for the part, when Erza was bitten by Cobras snake, when they met Oracion Seis for the first time.
Erza was also bitten in her right arm and do you remember? She wanted somebody to cut him off. Gray wanted to do so, but Lyon stopped him.
What would it be, if there is a "parallel world" (which had to be in the futur, otherwise Erza wouldn't knwo what will happen on 7th July), where Gray cut off Erzas arm - I don't know how to bring that together with the present plot, but Mashima always has so many ideas and ways to suprise us - who knwos ...
But I finally want to know who this girl is.

But it seems this girl isn't that bad (though she has this Zeref-like "power/aura"), otherwise Jellal wouldn't have let her go.

-Ken-
September 21, 2012, 04:49 AM
It's a good chapter. It just feels empty having this chapter after 2 week break from main story, but it's still a good chapter.

Minerva looks really evil just now. I guess she's happy because Sting power up?

Zehahaha
September 21, 2012, 05:57 AM
The fuck is wrong with those Sabernoobs honestly ? Is their master high on some kind of drugs ? And what's wrong with his daughter ? The fuck is that guild... Even Phantom was better

Anyway, this is a good chapter, and glad to see that Gajeel didn't keep that secret just for himself and shared it with the others DS, next chapter should be very interesting too

El Maco
September 21, 2012, 05:57 AM
I think this chapter had the right pace to pick up again after the summer break.
So Genma hurts kittens --> should have been tortured mercilessly instead of just killed.

Minerva saying "Good" reminded me of the Emperor in Star Wars, chuckling when he saw Luke fall to the dark side.
About the girl, at first I thought we're now looking for a left hander, but my morning mind didn't make the connection with the bad handwriting.

All in all, a good solid chapter, with some new teasers that close some speculations and create others. Isn't that what we want, after all, to be entertained?

Rarhyx
September 21, 2012, 06:24 AM
I vote regular, but to be honest expected much more information in this chapter, but it felt normal.

The girl identity wasn't shown, and nothing about the dragons graveyard. IT wasn't worth the wait for two weeks, I hope next chapter will be much better.

It was worth, because something unexpected happened:

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/300/12
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/300/13

Zehahaha
September 21, 2012, 06:28 AM
Oh yeah also... I can tell that Sting and Rogue might join FT after all (90% chance here), I have difficulties seeing them stay in with Sabernoobs
And I wouldn't be surprised too if Lecter would be back somehow...

lawlett-kun
September 21, 2012, 06:35 AM
wow i was kinda dissapointed with a chapter, even though had some good parts.Really liked that genma killed the cat because that cat duo was so annoyingly cocky the whole arc its like omfg... Nice sting kinda pierced genam, and minerva has this wicked smile? thats odd.I have she is not on a good side tbh. THe biggest reason why i was dissapointed is they didnt show the hooded person face.

JunKisaragi
September 21, 2012, 06:43 AM
I feel sorry for Lecter. I mean, sure he was annoying, but that sad old excuse for a master could have just kicked him, or maybe dump him in water or something, not completely eradicate.

Noble crest...Tch! Guess that laser from Sting (or whatever it was) got him off of his high horse, eh?

Question now is, will Sabertooth's master soon follow Lecter? Or could it be just a ploy of Gemma and Minerva to anger Sting so that he could unleash his true power? Hmm...

And that hooded lady. Hmm...so we're looking for a female, who only has one arm left and is probably right handed (due to the horrible writing using her left hand).

*clueless*

MonkeyLuffy
September 21, 2012, 07:01 AM
I've got an other "wild idea" about the unknown girl.
Based on the theory with the one arm, I searched for the part, when Erza was bitten by Cobras snake, when they met Oracion Seis for the first time.
Erza was also bitten in her right arm and do you remember? She wanted somebody to cut him off. Gray wanted to do so, but Lyon stopped him.
What would it be, if there is a "parallel world" (which had to be in the futur, otherwise Erza wouldn't knwo what will happen on 7th July), where Gray cut off Erzas arm - I don't know how to bring that together with the present plot, but Mashima always has so many ideas and ways to suprise us - who knwos ...
But I finally want to know who this girl is.

But it seems this girl isn't that bad (though she has this Zeref-like "power/aura"), otherwise Jellal wouldn't have let her go.
She is from the future.The known future that Levy recount in the previous chapters!And according to Levvy,in the future we would have many deaths and of cource,many injured people.Maybe this girl is one of them..

Aranilas
September 21, 2012, 07:35 AM
@MonkeyLuffy: Of course I know that. But in my opinion, this girl isn't Lucy, like many of the users here thought - and so I thought about other possibilitys (tough this one with Erza isn't most likley).

yieps
September 21, 2012, 08:09 AM
Well, it looks like there is so much stuff that has to be told in details, just as this one the next chapters will be a bit more slow-paced.

wtf, look at Minerva's eyes in frame 2 (http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/300/5) Is she an evil alien or what? xD
I wonder what she is planning. Is she part of the eclipse preparations, was she planning to take over the guild, just get rid off Saber's master, trying to push Sting to the dark side or is she a good guy? /Edit:
See how she is left out of pictures with shocked guild members (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/300/9). Orga and Rutus are probably less bad natured than her./
Still, I hope it was just the surprise that allowed Lecter to hurt Jiemma and not a sudden opening of his second origin or another long lasting advance in power. If Mashima wants Sting and Rogue to be on par with the other DS he should do it in a more balanced way.

Anyway, even though a lost arm may suggest it is someone from a future war, as I said earlier still hope there won't be any time traveling and thus this person with the cape is someone else.
If stories interact with time traveling from the beginning then it might be interesting. But if it was thrown in somewhere in the middle in most cases it is just a helping tool for the author to ensure a happy ending which makes the whole story rather mundane.

Thuwa25
September 21, 2012, 08:19 AM
Wow what a chapter this one was. although i would like to think that maybe zeref is the dragon king. And the girl is someone from a shadowy organization whos goal is to stop the dragon king's arrival as when he arrives it will be hell on earth. So while i might agree to some people that it maybe a time travel thing i have my doubts as the only one who can do time related magic is ultear. I am surprised that that the sabretooth guild master got killed in one fell swoop maybe he might survive cos i don't trust his "daughter" with her twisted personality.

i think in the long run those two gen 3 dragonslayers will eventually join FT. Rogue will join first but Sting it might take time as he needs to move on from his grief of losing his exceed partner, even though i think sting got his just desserts for acting cocky. Lets hope the next chapter is as explosive as the last one.

p.s. as for the unknown girl maybe she might be alzack's kid from the future.

TauCarlos
September 21, 2012, 08:35 AM
umm the last thing I heard gemma say was don't worry about this 1 point kids...... Now his suddenly all mad at them?

laughing@you
September 21, 2012, 08:44 AM
Interesting. i wonder if all is hinting to an alternate dimension or timeline?

Loved how rogue recognized that they were defeated by a natsu holding back!!!

How come sting killed the guild master with one hit? Lucky hit? Master didn't expect it? Could natsu really have defeated saberstooth's master if they actually went at it? So many questions.

Minerva response was more like she was expecting that outcome. Seems like she meant for this to happen. Could it be that sting killing genma was her plan or she following somebody elses? Did she stop natsu from fighting genmai because she needed sting to kill him? Cuz natsu would have defeated him not kill him, making him leave the guild.

Oh man i like where this is headed.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

umm the last thing I heard gemma say was don't worry about this 1 point kids...... Now his suddenly all mad at them?

That was not him, it seems more like natsu.

exacta
September 21, 2012, 09:14 AM
Did Sting seriously just kill Gemma........seriously? :-_- Sting get's curbstomped by Natsu in his weakest form, and he had the ability to casually punch a hole through his guildmaster this whole time? Or it's because he got pissed off? Really? He can't be done...right? We didn't even get to see his magic. He tanked a lightning fire punch....Sting didn't even get Natsu close to using that power. No way Mashima just pulled that. Not believing it. No way Mashima just trolled Gemma too.

Got to say, for chapter 300, that was pretty disappointing. I don't know why Mashima needed a two week break of sidestories. This chapter didn't reveal anything at all except what Milky Way does, makes it obvious that the hooded lady is Lucy though IMO. Maybe Sting will harvest the power of hatred and have a rematch with Natsu. I bet thats why Minerva was smiling. Honestly people, serves Sting right. He laughed his ass off when Minerva nearly killed Lucy. I bet Lecter's not even dead anyway. It'd be nice if he was though. The whole thing with Gemma is bull either way though.

adbanginwar
September 21, 2012, 09:56 AM
side story for two weeks, leaving the storyline at a crucial point three weeks back. i had expected more from this chapter. most of the buildup in this chapter had to be done in 298 or 299. may be when wendy's magic works and she knows a bit of dragons and revealations would have been real cool @ 300. sting vs genma...one punch defeat lame.

yellowblue
September 21, 2012, 09:57 AM
"The one magic" might have two forms. The first form being love as what Lucy's mom believe and darkness as what most dark guild believe. Sting's sudden burst of power might come from hatred which is the opposite of love. Another theory is an exceed acts like a limiter to dragon slayers. Lector being dead instantly unleashed the full potential of Sting. i liked it when both Lector and Jiemma are suddenly killed in just a few pages although Lector might have just been teleported.

Hopefully sabertooth will have a comeback after that mess. Hopefully a new leader too.

kkck
September 21, 2012, 10:01 AM
Did Sting seriously just kill Gemma........seriously? :-_- Sting get's curbstomped by Natsu in his weakest form, and he had the ability to casually punch a hole through his guildmaster this whole time? Or it's because he got pissed off? Really? He can't be done...right? We didn't even get to see his magic. He tanked a lightning fire punch....Sting didn't even get Natsu close to using that power. No way Mashima just pulled that. Not believing it. No way Mashima just trolled Gemma too.

Got to say, for chapter 300, that was pretty disappointing. I don't know why Mashima needed a two week break of sidestories. This chapter didn't reveal anything at all except what Milky Way does, makes it obvious that the hooded lady is Lucy though IMO. Maybe Sting will harvest the power of hatred and have a rematch with Natsu. I bet thats why Minerva was smiling. Honestly people, serves Sting right. He laughed his ass off when Minerva nearly killed Lucy. I bet Lecter's not even dead anyway. It'd be nice if he was though. The whole thing with Gemma is bull either way though.

Perhaps genma simply wasn't prepared to be attacked. He saw lector as just an animal so being attacked like that was perhaps beyond what he thought could happen. There is also the consideration that natsu's magic is different from sting's. Even his dragon roar was a laser, basically sting's magic is more fit to have penetrating effects while natsu's would be more along the lines of burning and explosions perhaps. I don't think genma will die here though.

protomelvin
September 21, 2012, 10:29 AM
Does anyone else think that the hooded woman is actually Levi from the future come back to change the past, and the dark magic that Jellal-tachi sense is the remnants of dark magic used to send Levi to the past?

thepuregamer
September 21, 2012, 10:43 AM
Is anyone else starting to have trouble believing that sabertooth is supposed to be the strongest guild while fairytail is not around. Enough stuff is showing up that I am having trouble understanding how they ever won this tournament previously.

1. Natsu rocked 2 of their top 5 by himself.
2. Their guild master had been pressed by Natsu and unless he enters god mode in chapter 301 their guild master is weaker than sting who just chapters ago got rocked by natsu.
3. Orga has been shown to not even close to mage saint level ( 3000 vs 8500 magic power).
4. And since they appear to be setting up rufus as an opponent for gray to beat that leaves sabertooth with only 1 mage that is possibly at mage saint levels.

I have been attempting to suspend my disbelief but it can be difficult. This level of plot confusion is almost as bad as I remember bleach being.

But then maybe the takeaway from this arc is just that except for fairytail most guilds only have at most 1 mage that is near mage saint levels. It just bothers me because sabertooth was supposed to be this super badass guild and it is becoming hard to believe that from all this.

Rarhyx
September 21, 2012, 10:46 AM
Does anyone else think that the hooded woman is actually Levi from the future come back to change the past, and the dark magic that Jellal-tachi sense is the remnants of dark magic used to send Levi to the past?

no levi had scars when she wrote the letter. the hooded girls doessn't have any.

Chris38
September 21, 2012, 10:57 AM
manga stream's version of the chapter is also out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/89238795/1

protomelvin
September 21, 2012, 11:12 AM
no levi had scars when she wrote the letter. the hooded girls doessn't have any.

Then perhaps maybe not Levi, but it could be someone else from the future like Wendy, who in the future would have drastically changed which is why Jellal was all O.O

Chris38
September 21, 2012, 11:19 AM
Then perhaps maybe not Levi, but it could be someone else from the future like Wendy, who in the future would have drastically changed which is why Jellal was all O.O

I think Wendy and all the rest of the Dragon Slayers, would be among the ones who have died / disappeared in the future, because of the fact that the Eclipse project and this whole future incident has some relation with the dragon king festival.

I mean, if the enemies of this arc, would be dragons, which is possible, the first ones who would be targeted are people who can deal some serious damage to a dragon, and Wendy is one of those few people.

REN KOUEN
September 21, 2012, 11:23 AM
one of the best chapters ive read yet

wow sting was awesome, i hope.he and rogue join ft

this whole dragon thing just got more interesting.... wendy is pretty wise but i think they are just scratching the surface

SerpentTailedAngel
September 21, 2012, 11:38 AM
Their guild master had been pressed by Natsu and unless he enters god mode in chapter 301 their guild master is weaker than sting who just chapters ago got rocked by natsu.

He wasn't even taking Natsu seriously. After Natsu left the guild master didn't have any injuries on him, that's not being pressed. Also, it's hard to meassure strength when one person is having a massive rage/despair freakout and the other thinks they haven't committed any serious offense for the first (who they've written off as too weak to be worth their time) to attack them over. Sting got Genma by surprise.

Buggy
September 21, 2012, 11:55 AM
It's funny how Minerva, Rufus and Orga were smiling to themselves and looking down on Sting and Rogue while Genma was lecturing them, and they would be and will be pwned by Fairy Tail just like that.

For me, the most interesting thing is what Gerard was saying on the first page - 'locked up inside a destiny we can't change" - that's sounds so ominous and serious.

kkck
September 21, 2012, 12:17 PM
I wonder though, what sort of magic does genma use? If it is the same as minervas the in all likelihood lector is merely elsewhere. I do wonder where exactly though. About minerva, was exactly was she smiling about? Why would she be happy about her father and master being attacked? Perhaps she wants to become master? Or perhaps that was the expected response in order to not be expelled from the guild?

thepuregamer
September 21, 2012, 12:20 PM
He wasn't even taking Natsu seriously. After Natsu left the guild master didn't have any injuries on him, that's not being pressed.

Compare Natsu's fights against his gildartz to his short attack on the SB guild master. Natsu was having an effect on Gemma which is something he could not do against gildartz, or against other guildmasters(without some sort of plot power up like flames of guilt, or lightning juice, or other such stuff). Gemma is coming off as pretty weak for a guildmaster. That is why I am saying that he better not be one hit KO'd in this chapter or it will continue to dispel the supposed greatness of sabertooth.

Also, it's hard to meassure strength when one person is having a massive rage/despair freakout and the other thinks they haven't committed any serious offense for the first (who they've written off as too weak to be worth their time) to attack them over. Sting got Genma by surprise.

Yeah, but even by surprise he better not be done. If he turns out to be a figurehead and not really a powerful guildmaster of ST, then where are their powerful members(only 2 are left untested)? Are a secret new top 5 going to appear out of nowhere? I would think reader's will be disappointed if that happens or perhaps I am the only one having a problem with this.

crimsonlink310
September 21, 2012, 12:20 PM
Now that I have read the mangastream version, I have to say that Jiemma got what he deserved if he died.

Sting will probably blame Natsu for Lector's death and cause a scene at the last battle. This is a great power-up for Sting to fight Lightning mode Natsu. Dunno about Rouge. As for Sting defeating Jiemma while Natsu did not. In Natsu's defense, he wasn't going for the kill and his attack was teleported by Minerva. Also the shock on Jiemma's face tells that it was a very surprising attack.

(BTW why is Teleport appearing underlined in red? I know its not spelled wrong lol)

For those that are saying that Sting and Rouge should join FT.... NO!!! 3 Dragon Slayers is plenty, we don't need 5 hogging the spot light from everyone. Plus they are 3rd gen DS, I like the fact that only FT has 1st gen DS and one 2nd gen DS.

Wendy talking to the Dragons is going to be great. Man I wish I could skip to next week already.

As for the mysterious figure, she/he might not be missing an arm as it may simply be injured enough to not be usable or sealed for some reason.

Oh yeah, major props to Mashima for the color page. It looked awesome imo.

kkck
September 21, 2012, 12:25 PM
That said, the manga did leave a clue as to who that person is. The messy writing detail would be an obvious reference. I can't recall any given character ever being told to have messy writing though.

For me the most interesting prospect is just how the dragons would react to being called by wendy. Igneel and the others seem to care about humans while in turn acknologia thought of them as bugs meant to be squashed. Perhaps we will see both kinds of attitudes in the dragons there? More so, a few of them were in all likelihood killed by humans and perhaps even natsu and co. They might not be so happy.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Thinking about it, I wonder if natsu is the dragon king.... Weird twist right?

Tengou
September 21, 2012, 12:37 PM
I am suddenly reminded of when Natsu and Gajeel were unable to pass Fried's runes during the Laxus arc, and now with Wendy's new special power I'm starting to wonder if it is possible that First Gen dragon slayers are dead dragons reincarnated in human form. The plot thickens.

Chaos_Angel
September 21, 2012, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure how to feel about this chapter. Genma's character died for me the moment he supposedly killed Lector. If this is the end of his character than its whatever. His image was that of a strong, no nonsense kind of character. But now.... I can't even hate him. He does an attack, Lector goes poof, Sting screams and then sends a boom through Genma's stomach. Minerva either teleported Lector or Genma teleported him. Whichever, Sarbetooth is getting more and more dis-interesting. They don't feel like a unit.

The next chapter is titled Dragon King so I think this may deal with Wendy either having a conversation with the Spirits of the Dead Dragons or hearing the broken thoughts of the deceased dragons; trying to piece together what is suppose to happen at the end of the tournament. This conversation may go concurrent with Jellal's conversation but won't be ultimately revealed until the last possible moment when everything goes to hell. I also feel Mermaid Heel may interfere in some way with Jellal and company.

Not to worried about where this is leading. Everything is going to be okay for Fairy Tail since they (with Natsu at the front) will destroy this inescapable destiny. Or Lucy may get the blunt of the bad things that are suppose to happen.

laughing@you
September 21, 2012, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure how to feel about this chapter. Genma's character died for me the moment he supposedly killed Lector. If this is the end of his character than its whatever. His image was that of a strong, no nonsense kind of character. But now.... I can't even hate him. He does an attack, Lector goes poof, Sting screams and then sends a boom through Genma's stomach. Minerva either teleported Lector or Genma teleported him. Whichever, Sarbetooth is getting more and more dis-interesting. They don't feel like a unit.

Not to worried about where this is leading. Everything is going to be okay for Fairy Tail since they (with Natsu at the front) will destroy this inescapable destiny. Or Lucy may get the blunt of the bad things that are suppose to happen.

Everything is always ok in Fairy Tail. i like your idea of minerva teleporting lecter, i mean who has really died in fairy tail? They always exploited a loop hole that allowed somebody to survive certain death. Genma should be dead after being blown away by sting like that. But genma was the guild master for a reason, he may not be dead....yet. Maybe his just incapacitated. but because he was defeated by sting, he may not be fit to lead sabertooth. Maybe minerva just wanted to take over sabertooth. who knows?

megasdante
September 21, 2012, 01:59 PM
for me this chapter is the end of sting rogue partnership.I can not imagine that he can travel with someone that he constantly reminds his best friend death.So i predict rogue leaning towards to the neutral good side though and sting to the chaotic evil one.For me those cats were representing the good and kind side of the characters of sting/rogue ..

exacta
September 21, 2012, 02:09 PM
Perhaps genma simply wasn't prepared to be attacked. He saw lector as just an animal so being attacked like that was perhaps beyond what he thought could happen. There is also the consideration that natsu's magic is different from sting's. Even his dragon roar was a laser, basically sting's magic is more fit to have penetrating effects while natsu's would be more along the lines of burning and explosions perhaps. I don't think genma will die here though.

It's not a matter of being prepared, Sting Eucliffe just punched a hole through him, when Natsu going all out with Lightning Fire couldn't even leave a mark. The guy who just got completely trashed by Natsu without the latter even trying is able to perform a feat Natsu couldn't, simply because he got mad? Natsu got hit by Stings punch, it didn't seriously hurt him, and he and Gajeel got hit by Holy Ray. If those lasers are supposed to pierce then Natsu and Gajeel should look like swiss cheese right now.

Hopefully this at least gives Sting more power so he can rematch Natsu and actually have an epic fight. Then we could see the power of nakama versus the power of rustled jimmies. :hip

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Compare Natsu's fights against his gildartz to his short attack on the SB guild master. When Natsu fought Gildartz, it was before he even had Lightning Fire. Not only did Natsu fight Gemma after getting Lightning Fire and with it, he also fought it after receiving Second Origin. There's hope for Gemma still. He has the personality to be a good villain, I think he even has the power, question is does he have troll armor?

Krono
September 21, 2012, 02:15 PM
It's not a matter of being prepared, Sting Eucliffe just punched a hole through him, when Natsu going all out with Lightning Fire couldn't even leave a mark.

Natsu never hit Gemma with his lightning fire punch. Minerva deflected the only one he tried to use on Gemma.

1337 haxor
September 21, 2012, 02:21 PM
"I want Fairy Tail to be lighter and softer series, Rave Master had to many people dying"

IN YOUR PUNK ASS MASHIMA!!!

Yeah, not only the guy just killed two characters in the same chapter but one of them was a fluffy good cat.

It was disturbing to watch an innocent and cheerful character getting vaporized but it was even more disturbing to see Minerva enjow her own father being killed by Sting's berserker rage.

I mean, sure she has bad blood but mother of god that bitch brings evil to a whole new level.

It's not like we didn't have Zancrow, Hades and Simon but the first two were evil dicks while the last went out with a heroic sacrifice.

What really drives the point home is that a completely harmless and good character was brutally executed while an anti-hero jerk broke down and murdered a man whose death was sadistically enjoyed by his own daughter.

What is worse is that Minerva probably knew it would happen, she know Sting is not really weaker than Natsu, he lacks motivation to unleash the level of power the later does and since Sabertooth is a whorehouse without friendship she placed her bets on rage and despair.

I mean, the guild master was outright murdered and that makes Sting a criminal but Minerva will probably manipulate the poor bastard to rematch Natsu like a berserker.

3c
September 21, 2012, 02:39 PM
I got to say, it was a good chapter, but I feel trolled, honestly. I mean, I'm used to being trolled and having issues dragged out for eternity, but I seriously thought if Mashima is actually putting FILLER in his own manga to make the 300th chapter more epic, then make it count... Revealing the hooded person would make it for me. But what we got in this chapter could have easily been chapter 298, come on... I usually don't take Fairy Tail too seriously and just enjoy it for what it is, a cool action manga with badass fights, hot badass females, good art, fanservice and not too much depth and need of thought. But I was honestly expecting more when Mashima actually went through the trouble of postponing this for the 300th chapter. On a totally non-perverted note I did enjoy the pool chapter (298).

SerpentTailedAngel
September 21, 2012, 03:01 PM
I like that we got those fillers. They were nice light moments right before we got slapped with at least one character death and had the idea that doom is imminent reinforced. It's a kind of enjoyable mood whiplash.

exacta
September 21, 2012, 03:19 PM
Natsu never hit Gemma with his lightning fire punch. Minerva deflected the only one he tried to use on Gemma.

That's right, I forgot she blocked it. But his fight with him was still after getting Second Origin and Minerva said the way things were going Natsu would definitely lose. He was trying harder than in his fight with Sting too. Gemma should not be taking that much damage from Sting's attack. Especially when Natsu can take his DF punches and lasers.

Rarhyx
September 21, 2012, 03:19 PM
I got to say, it was a good chapter, but I feel trolled, honestly. I mean, I'm used to being trolled and having issues dragged out for eternity, but I seriously thought if Mashima is actually putting FILLER in his own manga to make the 300th chapter more epic, then make it count... Revealing the hooded person would make it for me. But what we got in this chapter could have easily been chapter 298, come on... I usually don't take Fairy Tail too seriously and just enjoy it for what it is, a cool action manga with badass fights, hot badass females, good art, fanservice and not too much depth and need of thought. But I was honestly expecting more when Mashima actually went through the trouble of postponing this for the 300th chapter. On a totally non-perverted note I did enjoy the pool chapter (298).

Welcome to the manga of the greatest manga-troll-master :D

zerocooldx
September 21, 2012, 03:26 PM
How come sting killed the guild master with one hit? Lucky hit? Master didn't expect it? Could natsu really have defeated saberstooth's master if they actually went at it? So many questions.

Nothing about that exchange makes any sort of sense. Natsu definitely fought more seriously against Gemma then he did against Rogue and Sting yet he didn't leave a scratch on the guy. Then we see that Gemma releasing some of his magical pressure/power was more then enough to knock both Sting and Rogue on their asses, yet Sting one shots the guy without any sort of magical build up/power up. What!? It wasn't like the Gemma was taking a nap and Sting snuck up on him and got him or something, but even that would be hard to believe. If anything Gemma was looking for a fight. He released magical power, used his magic to "kill" Lector and then suddenly poof he gets done in with one of the most basic attacks we've seen from Sting. I hope we find out that Gemma can use illusion magic or something thus avoided the attack and then he gives Sting props or something for showing some balls. But i doubt it. This whole guild is just one big disappointment after another given their hype.

kidopitz27
September 21, 2012, 03:38 PM
i really wish that Genma killed the other cat rather than Lector im really annoyed on that cat wearing a frog hat :)

Krono
September 21, 2012, 04:10 PM
Nothing about that exchange makes any sort of sense. Natsu definitely fought more seriously against Gemma then he did against Rogue and Sting yet he didn't leave a scratch on the guy. Then we see that Gemma releasing some of his magical pressure/power was more then enough to knock both Sting and Rogue on their asses, yet Sting one shots the guy without any sort of magical build up/power up. What!? It wasn't like the Gemma was taking a nap and Sting snuck up on him and got him or something, but even that would be hard to believe. If anything Gemma was looking for a fight. He released magical power, used his magic to "kill" Lector and then suddenly poof he gets done in with one of the most basic attacks we've seen from Sting. I hope we find out that Gemma can use illusion magic or something thus avoided the attack and then he gives Sting props or something for showing some balls. But i doubt it. This whole guild is just one big disappointment after another given their hype.

It only doesn't make sense if you're locked into the mindsets of "People of a lower power level cannot damage people of a higher power level", and "people are always attacking with full power when angry".

1) We don't know how hard Natsu was hitting Gemma. Just because he was royally pissed off does not mean that he was hitting Gemma as hard as he possibly could. After all, he wanted to beat up Gemma, not kill him. Remember, Kagura/Milliana and Leon/Yuka had a reasonably serious battle... after which Kagura turned to Milliana and told her if it had been a real life or death battle, Milliana would be dead.

2) Gemma was caught off guard. This matters. Makarov was caught off guard and taken out by Aria. Jura was caught off guard and taken out by Angel. Gemma was just busy raging in general, and had paid so little attention that he had no idea who Lector was, or what he meant to Sting. He was swatting an annoyance, he had no idea it would make Sting snap. Thus, he was caught off guard and taken out by Sting.

Animaniac
September 21, 2012, 04:34 PM
@MonkeyLuffy: Of course I know that. But in my opinion, this girl isn't Lucy, like many of the users here thought - and so I thought about other possibilitys (tough this one with Erza isn't most likley).

Yeah sneaking around just wouldn't be Erza's style.

If Lucy is one of the keys to this thing taking place it makes the most sense for it to be her travelling back in time. You might very well see this version sacrifice herself.

I could see this going back to the spirit world thing where time flow is different... Maybe it took her a few years but she found some kind of forbidden magic there.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

That's right, I forgot she blocked it. But his fight with him was still after getting Second Origin and Minerva said the way things were going Natsu would definitely lose. He was trying harder than in his fight with Sting too. Gemma should not be taking that much damage from Sting's attack. Especially when Natsu can take his DF punches and lasers.

I don't get the huge debate with this. A 120 lb sissy could literally kill a mma person if he landed a sucker punch the right way.

He wasn't expecting it and consequently he didn't raise his defensive magic ability. Stick a fork in him... Maybe.

zerocooldx
September 21, 2012, 05:35 PM
It only doesn't make sense if you're locked into the mindsets of "People of a lower power level cannot damage people of a higher power level", and "people are always attacking with full power when angry".

1) We don't know how hard Natsu was hitting Gemma. Just because he was royally pissed off does not mean that he was hitting Gemma as hard as he possibly could. After all, he wanted to beat up Gemma, not kill him. Remember, Kagura/Milliana and Leon/Yuka had a reasonably serious battle... after which Kagura turned to Milliana and told her if it had been a real life or death battle, Milliana would be dead.

2) Gemma was caught off guard. This matters. Makarov was caught off guard and taken out by Aria. Jura was caught off guard and taken out by Angel. Gemma was just busy raging in general, and had paid so little attention that he had no idea who Lector was, or what he meant to Sting. He was swatting an annoyance, he had no idea it would make Sting snap. Thus, he was caught off guard and taken out by Sting.

I'm not talking about just "damaging" someone, i'm talking about putting a hole through a guys chest by using one of the most basic attacks we've seen that character use. There is a big difference. We know for a fact that Natsu was about to go all out against Gemma by the fact that he was getting ready to attack him with the Lighting Flame techniques. Rogue even points out in the chapter that Natsu was taking it easy on them because he held back his Lighting Flame. Also it makes no difference if Natsu's aim was to beat someone up or kill them when we know for a fact that he is either going all out or holding back.

And no Gemma was not caught off guard. He released magical power that was enough to knock both Sting and Rogue on their asses, thats similarly to what we saw with Gilarts and Bluenote when they faced off against weaker opponents. If the difference in power is so great that simply releasing some magical power puts your opponent on their knees or ass there is no longer a "battle" between two sides, the fight is pretty much over. It makes no difference what Sting's reaction would have been, because Gemma was in a very alert mind set. Unless of course releasing magical power and killing someone is now somehow considered being unprepared for battle.

Not to mention that Gemma has no relationship with his guild members and treats them like he would strangers. The fact of the matter is that a Guild Master, who has looked very capable, just got a nice hole put in his chest by an fairly basic attack from someone who couldn't even stand before him when he released some magical power. Thats basically the equivalent of Natsu doing this to Gildarts or Bluenote when they "faced off". I don't think anyone would have made sense of this is they were told it would happen before hand the way it did.

Alanious
September 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
My Bias opinion from here would be Sting and rogue might join FT, i know! i know!....... i could be talking blab due to there pride, however FT seems to attract all the dragon slayers. Another thing is that it would seem most of the dragons were connected in the past and what dragons are left now are still the mystery.

meepers4982
September 21, 2012, 05:39 PM
we get a hint towards the identity of the person at the end of the chapter when someone states that the handwriting is messy. Considering lucy is writing a novel and writes letters to her mother i doubt her handwriting would be poor. I was very surprised that lector was killed off and a little upset with how easy it was for sting to punch a hole into the guildmaster. I wonder what wendy will hear from the spirits, that is going to be interesting.
Also it seems like minevra is the mastermind behind some big scheme that we are currently unaware of (i think), that or she know the guildmaster isnt dead.

joshua019
September 21, 2012, 05:53 PM
Saber tooth and its master are extremely pathetic for them being number 1 is very thing. And Gunma for a master to be this weak even Erza is not capable of doing any sort of damage to makarov even if she is serious, who does he think he is? He is old enough to know what kind of guild FT is before they disappear, and considering before FT disappeared ST is practically an unknown guild says a lot how irrelevant he is on ST rise from obscurity.

If people's theory of person from the future, then there it is only one person and that is Levy, considering that from the beginning of this arc, cryptic vision and message!!

exacta
September 21, 2012, 06:06 PM
I hope we find out that Gemma can use illusion magic or something thus avoided the attack and then he gives Sting props or something for showing some balls. But i doubt it. This whole guild is just one big disappointment after another given their hype.

I'm hoping it was a plan by Minerva suggested to Gemma to get Sting to unlock his true potential by making him angry. Lector was transported and it looks like he's dead, and the Gemma Sting hit was an illusion. Maybe anger increases his DF powers I don't know. Then he could rematch Natsu and actually give us a real match. After all, Lector dying should make Sting want to fulfill his promise even more, plus he could try and blame it on Natsu. If that is in fact the plan, only problem is why stay in ST after the guildmaster blew up your cat....I guess he could stay for his friends or something thinking Gemma's gone.

It's either that or Gemma is dead or a weakling.:facepalm

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------
I don't get the huge debate with this. A 120 lb sissy could literally kill a mma person if he landed a sucker punch the right way.

He wasn't expecting it and consequently he didn't raise his defensive magic ability. Stick a fork in him... Maybe.

Problem with it is Sabertooth has been a joke so far but before this chapter at least Gemma looked pretty strong. Think about it. Sting and Rogue got curbstomped. Yukino got curbstomped. Orga looked like a noob next to Jura and probably has no chance against Laxus. How the hell were these guys #1? Whats the point of making them #1 if in the tournament they for the most part get owned miserably? Also makes no sense...there's no concept of hard skin or hardening skin like in Bleach, so Gemma's body was simply pierced. Which makes no sense at all, because he handled Natsu's attacks just fine, and Sting in DF couldnt seriously wound Natsu, but Sting in his basic form with a simple light punch goes right through Gemma? Where is the sense? And it's a waste of a villain. Again. Something this manga needs badly.

Raicrune
September 21, 2012, 06:40 PM
we get a hint towards the identity of the person at the end of the chapter when someone states that the handwriting is messy. Considering lucy is writing a novel and writes letters to her mother i doubt her handwriting would be poor.

Or it was just poor handwriting because she was writing with her left hand? and she probably has one arm.

zerocooldx
September 21, 2012, 06:42 PM
I'm hoping it was a plan by Minerva suggested to Gemma to get Sting to unlock his true potential by making him angry. Lector was transported and it looks like he's dead, and the Gemma Sting hit was an illusion. Maybe anger increases his DF powers I don't know. Then he could rematch Natsu and actually give us a real match. After all, Lector dying should make Sting want to fulfill his promise even more, plus he could try and blame it on Natsu. If that is in fact the plan, only problem is why stay in ST after the guildmaster blew up your cat....I guess he could stay for his friends or something thinking Gemma's gone.

It's either that or Gemma is dead or a weakling.:facepalm

I'm starting to think that we are going to be seeing more and more characters "dying" just because of how this is all being set up with talk of characters from the future commenting on current events and then there is the mystery girl and all that. It just has a time travel build up to it. For all we know some characters in the current time line will "die" but Natsu and co. will be sent into some time vortex thing where they will go between the future and the past receiving answers to burning manga questions as well as in the process preventing the events that take place on July 7th from occurring. Thus once its all said and done no one really dies.

Junior
September 21, 2012, 06:46 PM
I think Sting landing a kill blow on Gemma was totally explainable.

Gemma's role is that of a "parent" and Sting and Rogue are his "kids". In that instance, Gemma was just cleaning house.

So, keeping this relationship in mind, it's easily understandable (at least to me) how Sting was able to catch Gemma off guard. In Gemma's mind, there's no way in hell that one of his "children" would dare raise a hand to him -- especially since he considered them all to be inferior.

..but when Sting lost Lecter? Things changed and Sting lost his prior reverence and struck out of blind anger which caught Gemma completely off guard.

Couple that with the fact that I never thought he was terribly "strong" to begin with..and yeah. I'm fine with it.

MechR
September 21, 2012, 06:51 PM
Is anyone else starting to have trouble believing that sabertooth is supposed to be the strongest guild while fairytail is not around. Enough stuff is showing up that I am having trouble understanding how they ever won this tournament previously.

2. Their guild master had been pressed by Natsu and unless he enters god mode in chapter 301 their guild master is weaker than sting who just chapters ago got rocked by natsu.
3. Orga has been shown to not even close to mage saint level ( 3000 vs 8500 magic power).
4. And since they appear to be setting up rufus as an opponent for gray to beat that leaves sabertooth with only 1 mage that is possibly at mage saint levels.

I have been attempting to suspend my disbelief but it can be difficult. This level of plot confusion is almost as bad as I remember bleach being.

But then maybe the takeaway from this arc is just that except for fairytail most guilds only have at most 1 mage that is near mage saint levels. It just bothers me because sabertooth was supposed to be this super badass guild and it is becoming hard to believe that from all this.
Jura didn't attend previous tournaments, and Kagura's never gone all-out. Most teams only have one strong member competitive with Sabertooth's five, so Sabertooth comes out ahead in most matchups.

SerpentTailedAngel
September 21, 2012, 07:10 PM
Sting and Rogue got curbstomped. Yukino got curbstomped. Orga looked like a noob next to Jura and probably has no chance against Laxus. How the hell were these guys #1? Whats the point of making them #1 if in the tournament they for the most part get owned miserably? Also makes no sense...there's no concept of hard skin or hardening skin like in Bleach, so Gemma's body was simply pierced. Which makes no sense at all, because he handled Natsu's attacks just fine, and Sting in DF couldnt seriously wound Natsu, but Sting in his basic form with a simple light punch goes right through Gemma? Where is the sense? And it's a waste of a villain. Again. Something this manga needs badly.

No justification for Sting and Rogue. They were sacrifices to the nakama theme and that sucked. Jura is a wizard saint and everyone but the other competing wizard saint should have looked like a noob next to him. Otherwise we'd have more complaints about how stupid the saint system is. Besides which Lyon and Jura hadn't been competing up until now. Yukino had only been a member for a few months and her replacement, Minerva, has done nothing but curb stomp others thus far. Also, Rufus has yet to get his @$$ handed to him as well, and took out 7 people at once.

zahnskye
September 21, 2012, 07:51 PM
lol, I love how people are debating back and forth what should happen to Saber. I mean, should we really CARE at this point? In every single appearance they've had they've proven to be arrogant douchebags or just plain scum. Orga went full blast against that Cerberus guy, even though he was probably fairly away of the differences in power. Rufus USED AN ILLUSIONARY BODY to attack people, so he couldn't be hit (because he is a pussy). Minerva is a bitch, and took away Lucy's only means of fighting back (one on one I think Lucy probably stands a chance with her Spirits). Sting and Rogue, while not actually as sympathetic as people make them out to be, do have some redeeming qualities. They were pretty much brainwashed by their guild, headed by a psychopath geezer and his psycho bitch daughter. However, these guys are VILLAINS. Through and through they are proving themselves to be as bad as Hades, or Jose. I'm just really ticked Fairy Tail has a non-spoken no kill policy.

Hell, among the Top 5 and Yukino, I'd say Yukino and the Sting/Rogue combo are probably the strongest. Why? Yukino went head to head with Kagura. KAGURA. Milliana said it herself, Kagura, if she drew her sword would likely be more powerful than Erza (whose strength she has witnessed first hand and known for a long time). The problem here is that the readers are taking everything printed on the pages of the manga as truths. When Saber showed up and was like "DUR HER, WE IS MORE STRONGERZ DAN DA FAIRY PERSONZ!" Most people didn't question it. Well, that's their fault. Fairy Tail, despite being gone for seven years, has routinely shown how badass they are. Saber shows up, and without concrete proof, claims being the strongest because of CIRCUMSTANCE. Fairy Tail had months of training, Gajeel probably fought Lily every day, and the main team got the Second Origin.

Saber is more about appearances. They want to look good. And I can tell you from personal experience, in a competition, or contest, the people who brag the most are usually the biggest losers. These guys aren't strong. They just haven't encountered anyone BETTER until now. Once again, I'm not sorry to say this to anyone who LIKED Saber, but they are pathetic. Move on. I'm more concerned about the people we are supposed to care about, Fairy Tail, and how this upcoming disaster has the power to apparently kill off several of the members. Which reminds me, it probably won't be 5 Dragon Slayers. Natsu and Gajeel will go down and Sting/Rogue will probably replace them, at least that's the most likely case. I also stick to my claim that Lucy, Erza and Gray will die. I'm not certain on Erza or Gray, but the first three are more likely than not.

And YES, I still want Sabertooth to meet horrible gruesome ends. Most all of them deserve humiliating and painful deaths anyway.

joshua019
September 21, 2012, 07:59 PM

that an insult to how bad beach plot was i remember 50 or more chapter spent on nothing but 4 idiots running around senselessly...
1) Jura did not participate in any tournament before, which I think is a commendable since as we just saw for the last seven years this tournament is just a pile mediocre teams trying to complete who suck less.
2) without Jura, Tenma is nothing more than that part of that aforementioned pile.
3) Ten wizard saints is not really a good indication of strength, if it is then Gildartz would have had one. And my theory is they(council) do not give more than one to a guild.
4) Orga most likely a GS < Luxus, Rufus > Gray (Lets face it, he always lose)

tousendrinksbleach
September 21, 2012, 08:08 PM
LOL just read the chapter ... (for some odd reason i thought i already read this week's chapter -_- , probably the fillers made me lose some interest)

Does anyone think laxuc could solo sabertooth ? and is their master a retard? cant he tell what it means if he loses 2 of his top 5 against FT's third strongest guy in the tournament (while holding back)

guildartz definitely takes sabertooth solo , strong guild my hat

lawlett-kun
September 21, 2012, 08:40 PM
After the timeskip it seems like Gray is in a slump!

i think urtear played a joke on gray and diminished his magic power instead of increasing, thats what he gets for calling her names

zahnskye
September 21, 2012, 09:46 PM
Actually, I just remembered, in regards to Natsu not being able to beat Gemma... He... barely got to fight him. Granted, Sting took him out in one hit, but Natsu punched Gemma once, and had his Lightning Fire attack redirected by Minerva (who came out of nowhere, so Natsu couldn'tve have made the attack avoid her bullcrap and hit Gemma). Plus, Minerva (being a complete bitch) captured Happy.The only reason Natsu didn't stay and wipe the floor with every Saber was because Happy had been captured, and he probably couldn't have fought seriously if Happy was in that much danger.

Sure, Sting's lasers were blocked barehanded by Natsu... but... is that really surprising? I was more surprised when Minerva was even able to DEFLECT Natsu's attack. I'll be the first to admit, she must have at least a small amount of skill to redirect his attack. Which leads me to believe her magic is teleporting stuff, or something.

1337 haxor
September 21, 2012, 10:38 PM

In my opinion, Natsu would have trashed Jiemma if not for Minerva's intervention.

To me, she just kept her father under the assumption he had a greater strenght to rule over his supposedly strongest guild.

In my opinion, that bitch is behind Sabertooth's rise and she was the one who sought people with lost magic (DS for Rogue and Sting, GS for Orga while I am not sure about Rufus) so that she could get all the prestige and power needed to attain her goals.

She is like Laxus up to eleven as she hails from an already facist guild and is willing to murder her own father for the sake of her guild achieving greater strenght.

Probably, Sting will go berserk and turn into a dragon the next time he faces Natsu, he just won't stand down knowing that his best friend Lector died never seeing him win because he failed to beat Natsu.

As for the hooded person, the messed up arm could indicate it was actually Levy, she was the one writing the "EVERYONE WAS DOOMED" rant and her arms were bandaged indicating some sort of trauma that could have affected the way she writes.

Build up wise, the hooded women also fits Levy, she is not big breasted enough to be Lucy or Erza and even an older Wendy would have breasts according to Edolas.

For now I place my bets on Levy until we receive further clues.

SerpentTailedAngel
September 21, 2012, 11:18 PM
Just checked. Levy was using her right hand in the flash forward.

Edit: So if half the guild got beaten up by Natsu the other night and life went on, why was it a big deal when Sting and Rogue lost later on? Does Genma only give a rip if people find out?

exacta
September 22, 2012, 12:12 AM
In my opinion, Natsu would have trashed Jiemma if not for Minerva's intervention.

T

Natsu couldn't even make him move. Levi is a strong possibility too, but I don't know all the crying makes me think of Lucy lol. Plus Levi writes to Lucy, maybe Lucy writes back?

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

No justification for Sting and Rogue. They were sacrifices to the nakama theme and that sucked. Jura is a wizard saint and everyone but the other competing wizard saint should have looked like a noob next to him. Otherwise we'd have more complaints about how stupid the saint system is. Besides which Lyon and Jura hadn't been competing up until now. Yukino had only been a member for a few months and her replacement, Minerva, has done nothing but curb stomp others thus far. Also, Rufus has yet to get his @$$ handed to him as well, and took out 7 people at once.

The fact that Sabertooth seems to lack someone who can fight near Jura's level is what bothers me, not so much Orga not being up to par. The expression on his face made it look like he actually thought he could take Jura before seeing that. I'm sure they wouldn't pick a weak character to replace Minerva, plus Yukino did look strong, that outcome confuses me more because of the fact that Mashima ended up making half of the other ST members look weak. Rufus hasn't lost yet, this is true, but I don't want to get my hopes up for him. I doubt he could take Natsu, Gajeel, Laxus or Erza. I'm not too sure how strong present Gray is, and Rufus' fire spell might be helpful.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

I'm starting to think that we are going to be seeing more and more characters "dying" just because of how this is all being set up with talk of characters from the future commenting on current events and then there is the mystery girl and all that. It just has a time travel build up to it. For all we know some characters in the current time line will "die" but Natsu and co. will be sent into some time vortex thing where they will go between the future and the past receiving answers to burning manga questions as well as in the process preventing the events that take place on July 7th from occurring. Thus once its all said and done no one really dies.

Agreed. I've said this millions of times, but yeah ever since Charle's "prediction" in Tenroujima I can't take any premonitions of death seriously.

shnugin
September 22, 2012, 12:41 AM
I just read the chapter again and I realized that when Lector "disappeared" they showed everyone's reactions except Minerva. So I'm guessing she used her spacial/portal magic to grab him last minute. Lector can't be dead. My theory is 1) It was all a test with the Master and Minerva to prove Sting they are stronger and to fight harder thats why he did that to Lector. 2) Lector will be leverage later to manipulate Sting for Minerva wants

SerpentTailedAngel
September 22, 2012, 12:43 AM
I'm going with #2
Genma seemed really into the whole killing bit, and hasn't struck me as the type to manipulate so much as to use brute force to get his way.

crimsonlink310
September 22, 2012, 01:01 AM
It bothers me that so many are obsessed with if "X is Stronger than Y character" in this forum. :(

Does it really matter that Sting killed Jiemma in one hit? The point was that the shock of losing Lector was enough for Sting to go berserk and kill Jiemma. Using Ft as an example, if Happy were to be killed by a random mook and Natsu used his roar to kill the mook.

Most people would be sad about Happy dying instead of how Natsu was able to kill a random mook. People seems to have raised Jiemma on a pedestal after Natsu fought him and when he was defeated in one hit, they are angry and confused as to why Natsu couldn't do that but Sting could when Natsu wasn't trying to kill the master. Not to mention the sucker punch Sting got on Jiemma with no Minerva to interrupt/decided to not interrupt.

dark angel KaRamo
September 22, 2012, 01:50 AM
I was happy to see that saber tooth master die he deserved it, but again he got killed too easily and by Sting! at least use DF and then kill him. Now on to Minerva her dad died and just smiled what a evil bitch but she must have a sweet plan and he was in her way.And i was so looking to get to see who was the woman under the hood it in this chapter. As for the girl under the hood, ok so Lucy is a novelist so she can't have bad hand writing if you want to be a novelist so it kinda rules her out of the future Lucy I've bin hearing. And in a previous chapter Levy was writing about how everyone died and it didn't look bad ether so the other guest of future Levy may be ruled out too. And this woman seemed to be left handed as well hmmmm so many answered question, Can't wait to see Milky way tho.

zahnskye
September 22, 2012, 02:00 AM
It bothers me that so many are obsessed with if "X is Stronger than Y character" in this forum. :(

Does it really matter that Sting killed Jiemma in one hit? The point was that the shock of losing Lector was enough for Sting to go berserk and kill Jiemma. Using Ft as an example, if Happy were to be killed by a random mook and Natsu used his roar to kill the mook.

Most people would be sad about Happy dying instead of how Natsu was able to kill a random mook. People seems to have raised Jiemma on a pedestal after Natsu fought him and when he was defeated in one hit, they are angry and confused as to why Natsu couldn't do that but Sting could when Natsu wasn't trying to kill the master. Not to mention the sucker punch Sting got on Jiemma with no Minerva to interrupt/decided to not interrupt.

I'm not obsessed with the who is stronger than factor. I'm obsessed with the fact this guild hasn't been put out of my misery yet. HEAR THAT, MASHIMA? KILL THEM ALL. DOITDOITDOIT! >_>

... did I mention that I hate Sabertooth and want them all to die? What? I did? Huh? Too many times? NONSENSE. They deserve to die. Get to it, Fairy Tail. Murder them all brutally.

dark angel KaRamo
September 22, 2012, 02:01 AM
lol, Milliana said it herself, Kagura, if she drew her sword would likely be more powerful than Erza (whose strength she has witnessed first hand and known for a long time).

Yeah but when Erza got back from the time skip and got a power boost with the help of ultear, so who's to say she not stronger then Kagura now. Erza's not the same as when Milliana say her power first hand seven (7) years ago and i don't think Milliana has ever seen Erza go all out ether, so we have yet to see a fight with them.

Erza for the win!!!!!!!!!

R3D
September 22, 2012, 02:04 AM
Oh yeah also... I can tell that Sting and Rogue might join FT after all (90% chance here), I have difficulties seeing them stay in with Sabernoobs
And I wouldn't be surprised too if Lecter would be back somehow...

I hope sting and rouge get killed , idk if its just me but im sick of them already , why would the manga need them when we have already seen practically the strongest move they have that doesnt do shit and cant even protect one single neko , they deserve to die for acting high and mighty but they are actually worthless and stings story sucks...

GomuGomu_Getsuga
September 22, 2012, 02:32 AM
I doubt Sting killed Jiemma with his own power. There is obviously something behind it. His attack shouldn't have even made a scratch on Jiemma. We'll find out later how the attack was so successful.

Zasz
September 22, 2012, 03:57 AM
Guys, FT will surely win this tournament; Natsu & co. are simply too strong for Saberthooth.
So I think it is useless to keep on discussing who is stronger.
Instead let's talk about Milky Way; what will know Wendy and the others by using this spell on the souls of the dead dragons?
How they died? Why all the dragons in the year 777 disappeared from the face of the Hearth?

Razh
September 22, 2012, 04:22 AM
I doubt Sting killed Jiemma with his own power. There is obviously something behind it. His attack shouldn't have even made a scratch on Jiemma. We'll find out later how the attack was so successful.

I suspected Gemma was a lot weaker than he seemed after his clash with Natsu. Minerva stopped Natsu's attack just in time. And that thing about Sabertooth not being much until 5 appeared also seemed strange. Anyway, it looks more and more like Minerva just used Gemma as a puppet of sorts, until he crossed the line and put the guild itself in risk of losing strongest members.

What's more, I'm almost 100% sure that Lector is alive. Minerva did the same thing she did with Happy (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/283/15) an made it look like Lector was pulverized to provoke Sting to kill Gemma.

Anyway, I'm sure that it was already predicted in the past pages, but I haven't time to read it all now.

Also, i loled when i turned to page 4 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/300/4) and saw Griff from Rave Master among the people commenting. :D

Aranilas
September 22, 2012, 04:44 AM
How do we get to this strenght-discussion again?
I really think, with her sword, Kagura is an equal and very, very strong opponent for Erza, who will be very hard to defeat!
But we all know, what Erza would fight for, if she had to fight Kagura - to protect Jellal and so she won't let it happend, that she lose - though Kagura might be equal or stronger.

To the Milky Way-thing. I doubt they find out what happend in year 777, because the bones/souls of the dragons lying there are much more older. A possibility could be, that this year was an known date in history, which was also known in the past (like the Maya think the world will end in 2012), but I don't think so.
I rather think they will tell es something about what happened to them, about the dragon king and about this festival.

I also think, that the ST master is still alive - ok, he got "shot" by Sting, but by suprise, otherwise I also doubt, he could have handled him. I think we should just get a taste of, what Sting ist able to now. Who knows, maybe the master acknowledges Stings strength now, he adjugdes him as dignified (again), because he injured him, so that he offers (or commands) him to stay in ST.

SerpentTailedAngel
September 22, 2012, 04:48 AM
Also, i loled when i turned to page 4 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/300/4) and saw Griff from Rave Master among the people commenting. :D

o.o
:D
I thought he'd completely stopped adding Rave characters into crowds! Nice find!

hakuthehedgehog
September 22, 2012, 06:11 AM
I knew it: Gemma is a weakling and Natsu would've curbstomped him had he hit him with his lighting fire punch.

Minerva is the real powerhouse behind Sabertooth and the mastermind.

Although, I though Rufus would also be a very important part of her scheme, since he should be able to implant fake memories in the other guild members.

shnugin
September 22, 2012, 06:25 AM
I'm going with #2
Genma seemed really into the whole killing bit, and hasn't struck me as the type to manipulate so much as to use brute force to get his way.

Thats true. So I guess theory 2 makes more sense. It'll be a fight where Sting would be in tears the whole time, not wanting to do what Minerva wants.

tousendrinksbleach
September 22, 2012, 06:32 AM
I dont see why sting and rogue shouldn't join FT ... gajeel was shown to be much much worse than them but he got his chance to be redeemed . beside , sting and rogue aren't that evil (we found out that they didnt actually kill their dragons, and they easily admited natsu superiority to both of them)

shnugin
September 22, 2012, 07:53 AM
I dont see why sting and rogue shouldn't join FT ... gajeel was shown to be much much worse than them but he got his chance to be redeemed . beside , sting and rogue aren't that evil (we found out that they didnt actually kill their dragons, and they easily admited natsu superiority to both of them)

Fire, Metal, Air, Shadow and Light. 5 Dragon Slayers?! Thats nuts!! Just imagine the kind of enemies Mashima has to come up with to fight these guys.

Hmmm.. Maybe something thats connected to Pagan Gods? or Weapon Magic that was forgotten? I don't know... My head hurts lol...

joshua019
September 22, 2012, 08:00 AM
Yeah but when Erza got back from the time skip and got a power boost with the help of ultear, so who's to say she not stronger then Kagura now. Erza's not the same as when Milliana say her power first hand seven (7) years ago and i don't think Milliana has ever seen Erza go all out ether, so we have yet to see a fight with them.

Erza for the win!!!!!!!!!

No, Erza has her second source already open before urtear, which mean she did not get a boost!! Milliana she has no business comparing Erza, we all know that Erza will win against kagura unless kagura uses some emotional attack!!

Alanious
September 22, 2012, 08:08 AM
The black dragon slayer are well, and i bet it's Zeref, because he's the only one it's connected to.

R3D
September 22, 2012, 08:46 AM
if zeref was the black dragon slayer , why didnt he go slay it even when he knew that it was coming and since hes now like a good guy , he would have tried attacking acnologia instead of dissapearing into somewhere and letting it hyper beam the island

joshua019
September 22, 2012, 09:08 AM
lily comment on how the bone yard confirms that dragons exist made me smile, they should be the ones that know that dragons do exist considering they almost got blown by one!

Razh
September 22, 2012, 10:21 AM
No, Erza has her second source already open before urtear, which mean she did not get a boost!! Milliana she has no business comparing Erza, we all know that Erza will win against kagura unless kagura uses some emotional attack!!

Not sure about that. From the last panel here, (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/264/18) it looks to me that Ultear is surprised that Erza isn't all fucked up after the procedure. If it was already awakened, I'm sure it wouldn't be open for guessing, someone, probably Ultear would at least say something. Seemed to me that Erza just recovered easier. Maybe she's tougher than others, seeing how her magic only dresses her in different outfits, she doesn't magically boost her power.

Anyway, if I'm wrong and it was mentioned somewhere, I'd like to know about it.

Marche
September 22, 2012, 10:49 AM
We could divide the chapter in 3 parts.
One about Gerard and the mysterious girl, another about Sabertooth and the third about what Gazille and the others found in the cave.
Now I will write about Crime Sorciere and the mysterious girl:
To begin I must say again that I really don’t like Urtear’s look after the timeskip, before of it she was the most beautiful and most hottest girl of the manga, now she is one of the worst, I really don’t like her new hairstyle and her face (it’s funny counting that for me her face was her stongest part, she had the best face together with Mira).
I don’t like even Meldy’s face and hairstyle, while her breast are even bigger than that of Urtear.

Anyways about the chapter I must say that I still believe that they will be able to change the destiny, even if Geard says that they can’t change it.
Anyways Gerard mentions the “eclipse that change the world” and “the ryuuosai”, so that means than that girl told him about it.
For this reason I really believe that she came by the future, she will try to change it, perhaps she asked Gerard’s help, and told him what will happened.
That would explain why Gerard in the first page says that they did a miscalculation, because in the truth that girl is not evil, she is not an enemy.
Anyways by this chapter seem that the girl lost her right arm http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/89238795/25.
The policeman says that the handwriting is messy http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/89238795/26.
For this I believe that this mysterious girl writes with her right hand, but counting that she lost it now her handwriting is messy.
I believe that she is Lucy, the face of this mysterious girl is really similar to that of Lucy, and in fact Lucy is right hand.
Anyways if she is really Lucy I don’t believe that she lost her right hand during the opening of the door, infact by Charle’s foresight we can see that Lucy still had both her arms http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/275/20.
Anyways the girl cannot be neither Levy, since in Charle’s foresight evenher has both her arms http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297/16.
P.S: I was forgetting to say that I was sure that We would have not seen in this chapter the face of the mysterious girl.

P.P.S: I will write about the others 2 parts later.

joshua019
September 22, 2012, 11:35 AM
Not sure about that. From the last panel here, (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/264/18) it looks to me that Ultear is surprised that Erza isn't all fucked up after the procedure. If it was already awakened, I'm sure it wouldn't be open for guessing, someone, probably Ultear would at least say something. Seemed to me that Erza just recovered easier. Maybe she's tougher than others, seeing how her magic only dresses her in different outfits, she doesn't magically boost her power.

Anyway, if I'm wrong and it was mentioned somewhere, I'd like to know about it.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/265/3 last panel gray!

Razh
September 22, 2012, 11:43 AM

Thanks, I forgot about that. It still isn't a definitive proof. In my opinion Erza has both the durability to withstand the procedure without side effects and natural talent and experience to access second wind on her own. It could be either and I'm not really sure which one is true.

Anyway, I know it's not really important, I'm just curious.

exacta
September 22, 2012, 11:53 AM
I just remembered when Mashima "killed" Griffon Kato in Rave and when he "killed" Musica. And Mashima said he doesn't want Fairy Tail to be as dark as Rave, which really was not dark. I'd say Lector has very good chances I'm afraid.

Zasz
September 22, 2012, 11:58 AM
I just remember when Mashima "killed" Griffon Kato in Rave and when he "killed" Musica. And Mashima said he doesn't want Fairy Tail to be as dark as Rave, which really was not dark. I'd say Lector has very good chances I'm afraid.

Well, to me Rave Master was pretty dark with all those deaths.
If you read it, you will remember that some people had a violent death.
Obviously the level of violence still remains that of a Shonen manga, but still.....

Rarhyx
September 22, 2012, 12:44 PM

imo that was just a joke from gray and lucy. if you look at their heads you can see sweat drops, which are almost only there when something should be funny or embarrassing

ghostexiled
September 22, 2012, 01:52 PM
Lets please stop with the discussion of Rave and please only discuss FT and its current chapter.

You can discuss Rave and its similarities/differences in the Hangout Thread.

Thanks!

joshua019
September 22, 2012, 01:59 PM
Not everyone here read Rave, you might wanna put spoiler tags. Not for me, but for possible future readers.

I never read/ watched rave the only thing know about it is that my teacher back in grade school apparently likes it! either way there pretty much no death in FT( not that I can remember any) but it would be good to have some.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

imo that was just a joke from gray and lucy. if you look at their heads you can see sweat drops, which are almost only there when something should be funny or embarrassing

that only hint about the subject!! therefore any other ideas/ theories are just speculation, Erza is badass either way!

exacta
September 22, 2012, 03:01 PM
Well, to me Rave Master was pretty dark with all those deaths.
If you read it, you will remember that some people had a violent death.
Obviously the level of violence still remains that of a Shonen manga, but still.....

The only good guys that died was Sieg and Haru's dad from what I can remember. Mashima cut Griffon Kato in half and had Haru do to Oracion Seis what Sting just did to Jiemma except they lived. Musica also survived being vaporized and became a werewolf instead lol. Since Masima wants FT to be less dark than Rave when Mashima was pretty kind to most of his protagonist/good guy characters Lector could be alive. He could be dead too, who knows.

Sorry there weren't spoiler tags before everyone, Rave is somewhat old so I didn't think about people who haven't read it yet. My bad.

llamapie
September 22, 2012, 04:33 PM
one of the best chapters ive read yet

wow sting was awesome, i hope.he and rogue join ft

this whole dragon thing just got more interesting.... wendy is pretty wise but i think they are just scratching the surface

I was thinking they would join FT, until he killed his master, or did he kill him? This is a shonen anyways. But ya I think Minerva is going to take over the guild - and I think she may be working for the guy in charge of the scheme.

joshua019
September 22, 2012, 04:43 PM
I was thinking they would join FT, until he killed his master, or did he kill him? This is a shonen anyways. But ya I think Minerva is going to take over the guild - and I think she may be working for the guy in charge of the scheme.

I dont want sting or rogue to FT they sud just stay at ST...

Silver Skull
September 22, 2012, 05:12 PM
Well that was a shock. I mean it was obvious that Lector was going to get hurt by the master, but I didn't think he was going to kill him. My first thought was that Sting might join Fairy Tail, but it's probably more likely he'll form a separate guild with Rogue and co.

I'm still not sure what Minerva is planning, whether it's simply that she wants to take over the guild or if she has some other motive.

SerpentTailedAngel
September 22, 2012, 06:01 PM
No way are they staying in ST now. You don't stick around after trying to murder your boss when he kills your best friend.

Not so sure about Sting at the moment, but I think Rogue's pretty much guaranteed to end up in Fairy Tail. The only reason I could think of that he wouldn't go is because Sting objects and Rogue doesn't want to leave him alone.

Razh
September 22, 2012, 07:10 PM
No way are they staying in ST now. You don't stick around after trying to murder your boss when he kills your best friend.

Not so sure about Sting at the moment, but I think Rogue's pretty much guaranteed to end up in Fairy Tail. The only reason I could think of that he wouldn't go is because Sting objects and Rogue doesn't want to leave him alone.

Well, Sting killed Gemma and all that Minerva, supposedly his daughter, had to say is - Good!

Sounds to me like nobody is leaving the guild. And Lector is most likely going to appear in Minerva's arms next chapter, just like Happy.

Not sure what the deal with Sabertooth is, but it's seems obvious that Gemma was a marionette of sorts. Minerva is the real master. Her, or someone else, calling the shots from behind the curtain.

SerpentTailedAngel
September 22, 2012, 07:54 PM
It could go that way, but I wouldn't call it obvious. Right now we don't even know for sure that Minerva wanted Genma dead. She could have just wanted Sting to toughen up a bit more, and happened not to care about the attemptive (successful?) murder. Whatever the case, it should just leave a bad taste in your mouth to be part of a guild where something like that happened.

R3D
September 22, 2012, 10:27 PM
Sting was smiling when he saw the other members torturing ft members , if he enjoys others suffering but cant take it when someone else tortures him , what does that makes him ? a poser . we dont need posers in ft :whistle

SerpentTailedAngel
September 23, 2012, 12:12 AM
A poor misunderstood soul who's only trying to fit in.
Ha. No. I think we call those hypocrites. Especially if they actually laugh at watching the girl get tortured.

Ifrit
September 23, 2012, 04:45 AM
Why Gemma getting beat by surprise attack make him weak ?

In that case Makarov is weaker than Erza..Makarov got beaten by Aria (Element 4-Phantom Arc), later on Erza defeated Aria with 1 hit.

Gemma is not weak, he just did not see it coming I think. I don't like the way he went down ,same goes for Ivan, but that how it went.

Razh
September 23, 2012, 05:27 AM
Why Gemma getting beat by surprise attack make him weak ?

In that case Makarov is weaker than Erza..Makarov got beaten by Aria (Element 4-Phantom Arc), later on Erza defeated Aria with 1 hit.

Gemma is not weak, he just did not see it coming I think. I don't like the way he went down ,same goes for Ivan, but that how it went.

Well, weaker than Natsu anyway. If I remember well, he received Sting's best attacks head on and still beat him like a little kid after that.

zahnskye
September 23, 2012, 07:06 AM
Oh, right, another thing I noticed (while rereading)...

Isn't Lucy holding someone in this picture?

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/275/20

That's obviously Lucy's... torso (trying to avoid being crass here, thank you very much)... but... she appears to be holding someone or something covered in black... while crying.

The only member of Fairy Tail I know of close enough to Lucy and most definitely covered in black is Natsu. Further proof? Or am I just seeing things?

EDIT: Also, another thought. Just before Natsu and Gajeel fought the two, Igneel asked (to no one in particular) if his dragon pals' Dragon Slayers would actually win. His words were something to the effect of "Is it possible for humanity to be able to surpass dragons?"

... hrm. Interesting... I didn't SEE any dragons in the ring... HOWEVER! Something interesting was brought to my attention by a friend of mine once...

... what if Natsu and Gajeel...are actually dragons? All the "First Generation" dragon slayers. Sure, it'd be weird that they are in human form, but remember during the Fight of Fairy Tail arc when Gajeel and Natsu couldn't get out of the runes. The conditions were leaving were "don't be over 80 or a stone statue"... and they certainly weren't statues at the time so...

Is is possible? Are the first gen Slayers really just dragons in human form?

Gats
September 23, 2012, 10:04 AM
Bah. What a fake guild, even the boss was a joke, even if caught off-guard (unless Mashima is trolling us). Couldn't he tell by himself how Natsu was strong (and probably stronger than him ?). Well at least he lived true to his word until the very end. I just don't get how this kind of guild, who is supposed to pick the strongest people, can be this large. Usually you would expect just a little group of formidable mages with such a philosophy.

Marche
September 23, 2012, 10:56 AM
About the Dragon’s graveyard:
I really liked that Gazille did not keep everything for himself and told about it with the others.
What I did not liked that other than the dragonslayer there were even Lucy and Gray.
In the truth counting her role in this arc I can accept Lucy, but not Gray.
In the truth I could accept even Gray if with him would came even others people, just like Levy (even her is involved in this arc, in someway), Luxus (even Luxus is a dragonslayer, even if he was not raised by a dragon), Makarov, Erza, Lluvia (so she could stay with Gray) and Mavis (she is the one that I wanted the most).
Infact what I did not liked is that excluding Erza, there are all and only the main-character of series (infact I think that the greatest weakness of this series is that the story involved always the same characters, and only in few arc the other wizard of Fairy Tail are involved (I think that until the tower of Paradise this was alright, because the manga had just started, but after that arc I believe that would be better if even others characters would participate in the mainstory, if others characters would go in mission with Erza, Lucy, Natsu, Gray and Wendy (after the Oracion Seis arc).
Anyways I think it’s strange that Erza is not with them, perhaps when Gazille return she was not with them at that time.
If it so there is the possibility that she went out with Milliana for speak about Gerard/Mistgun.

I must admit that I laughed when Charle referring to Lucy and Gray says “some unrelated people are tagging along”, just like when Lily said that this place confirms the existence of dragons.
Anyways I must say that when I heard “Milky Way” http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/260/9 I thought immediately to the milky way in Skypea arc in One Piece, I thought that this spell would be a defensive spell, I thought than it would create white clouds than that would have protected Wendy as a shield.
But after this chapters I think that Milky Way in this this chapter is a similitude with the real Milky Way.
Infact just like the real “Milky Way” refers exclusively to the streak of light seen in the night sky, that in someway connects all the stars that are contained in it, the spell “Milky Way” (just like the real the Milky Way connects all the star that are within it) connects the soul of the various dragons with each other and also with the souls of the dragonslayer (I am sorry if I have done a few rounds of words to say what I wanted, but the English is not my first language, so it's hard for me to go straight to the point).

Anyways the title for the next chapter is “the dragon king” I believe that we will know some more details about this picture http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/292/19.
The dragons will reveal that in an ancient time there was this festival, about the fact that human, dragon and demone fought each other, and perhaps even of the dragon king, the one who won the tournament, that I believe will be one between Acnologia, Igneel or the human with that scarf.
Perhaps they will know that everything (if I am right) was all decided several time ago (the decision about the raising of new dragonslayer, the fact they would leave them the 7/7/777, and that they will appear this year were all decided from the beginning).

We could even know if Sting and Rogue really killed the two dragons that teached them (if this is the case I believe this happened because the dragons decided that or perhaps Acnologia fought against them and almost killed them, then Sting and Rogue killed them as a mercy act, for not to make them suffer).
Perhaps we will even know why Igneel and the other dragons teached to an human a magic who could kill/damage them.
Anyways I would really like if the dragons will tell about the relationship between Zereff and Natsu, or that between Zereff and Acnologia, even if in the truth I don’t believe this will happened.

Anyways I don’t think that we will know about the Eclipse Plan, I don’t think that the dragons know that.
Anyways if I am wrong (or if Gerard will tell them about it) perhaps Charle (or Porlyusica) will finally decide to speak about her foresight.

P.S: I want to know your opinion of what I wrote, so comments of what I wrote above.
P.P.S: I will write about Sabertooth in my next post.

joshua019
September 23, 2012, 12:52 PM
Bah. What a fake guild, even the boss was a joke, even if caught off-guard (unless Mashima is trolling us). Couldn't he tell by himself how Natsu was strong (and probably stronger than him ?). Well at least he lived true to his word until the very end. I just don't get how this kind of guild, who is supposed to pick the strongest people, can be this large. Usually you would expect just a little group of formidable mages with such a philosophy.

ST is a guild full of poster even at the beginning sting and rouge killing a dragon, and lector insulting happy. And their master getting one hit KO'ed by weak ass sting.

Razh
September 23, 2012, 02:08 PM
Oh, right, another thing I noticed (while rereading)...

Isn't Lucy holding someone in this picture?

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/275/20

That's obviously Lucy's... torso (trying to avoid being crass here, thank you very much)... but... she appears to be holding someone or something covered in black... while crying.

I think it's part of her coat, being blown by wind. There's not a single detail that would indicate it was a person.

joshua019
September 23, 2012, 04:05 PM
I agree with you.
Anyways I want to know your opinion of what I wrote above.

I skimmed read ur post, I got the general sense wat ur trying to say. I completely agree with you on ur 1st point that why has gazille only brought back to the cave are DS + lucy&gray(taggers) it would make more sense if he brought along Makarov and especially Mavis being the oldest hence more knowledgeable regarding ancient stuff, + lucy always tagging along at the most important stuff in the story kinda off putting since she is weak, relatively newish member and her magical knowledge is nonresistant. As for the dragon king festival and the grave itself it, grave could be a ancient battle ground between as you have mentioned humans, dragons and demons.

But the dragon king festival, give a sense of being repeated through out the history of FT, which begs the question wat is the link between the festival and the grave?? Dragons(or anyone) surely would not participate in a event whereby they will die! unless they wanted to die in the 1st place then it makes sense that rouge and sting killed their dragons. That leaves demons, as explained b4 demons where the creation of zefer and my theory is that eclipse door is some how going to be used to summon demons!

kkck
September 23, 2012, 06:57 PM
Well, as far as genma's strength I would argue he is indeed quite strong and he was caught of guard. Rogue said it pretty well, the two of them got defeated by natsu without the guy even using his lightning flame. Natsu is not just some kid anymore in terms of power, second origin made him strong beyond what his age would normally allow. We have to make the consideration that natsu fought genma head on and started with the lightning flame, with sting and rogue he didn't even consider it and his normal power was enough for him to take out unison raid from two DF users. Genma was in all likelihood just taken by surprise. There is also the consideration that genma's magic is still largely unknown and minerva had an interesting reaction to the whole thing. We have no real idea of what has happened just yet.

joshua019
September 23, 2012, 07:00 PM
^one thing is for sure the crown of the strongest guild is going back to FT!

Alanious
September 23, 2012, 09:12 PM

But I do think, she's the masters daughter, otherwise she wouldn't and mustn't act how she did in chapter 282 for example - I mean: who would dare to interrupt the master (as Natsu attacked Sabertooth), but the own daughter. Also the "title" "Young Lady" everybody uses ... just the masters daughter would called like that, wouldn't she?

By the way - das anybody noticed the similarity of Natsu & Sting in this chapter. With the head-bandage Stings hair and facial expression look exactly like Natsu. I really symphazised with him this time. yeah dude he looked exactly like him , and I thought I was the only one who saw it! Anyhow dispite his anger he will never surpass natsu's he last day's 5V5 was said to be brutal but victorious for fairy tail, until destiny occurred.

huynhlan
September 23, 2012, 09:56 PM
This chapter make me worry about the future chapter, minerva saying good when her dad get k.o by sting make me confuse. Why did she say that with a smile did she sense sting's power increasing or something, I hope mashima don't give sting a stupid power up like having his cat get kill in front of him suddenly make sting stronger than natsu so that sting can stand a chance or even beat natsu so lucy can get kidnap, if this happen then it probably be one of the most BS thing ever in this manga.

laughing@you
September 24, 2012, 09:01 AM

True. In a world that strong cannot be defeated by weaker opponents is a very true statement. But in this case it could be that defenses were low. The guy was scolding sting and rogue, wasn't actually fighting them. But then brings to question how capable is genma if he couldn't sense sting powering up for an attack. And because we don't have any confirmation of genma dying by this attack, this could the beginning of genma counterattacking and killing sting and rogue.

A different way to see it..(I mean its a theory, i prefer genma to have died,) but in the spirit of throwing and idea in the pot, maybe minerva was celebrating that genma was about to go all out vs the dragon slayers. Part of a bigger plan to exterminate dragon slayers. Heck maybe not by genma but by the repercussions of sting's acts. He just murdered genma isn't that like a big no no no in this magical universe? Whats gonna happen to sting now? His not gonna be able to join any guild if his behind bars.....O_o?

Rarhyx
September 24, 2012, 09:12 AM
why is everyone so surprised that Sting could blow a hole into genma's chest while Natsu couldn't do a thing?

scenario a)
natsu vs. genma is the same as this:
you see someone running with a knife at you, you know he wants to kill/injure you.
so you will dodge/counter/whatever, atleast you will do something, because you see it coming.

scenario b)
sting blows a hole into genma is the same as:
you're lecturing someone, and suddenly he rams a knife in your chest. you couldn't do something because you didn't really see it coming.
No one ever had the balls to stand against you, so you didn't excpect someone to kill/injure you.
btw you thought you're the strongest/greatest guy an noe one can harm you.

replace you with genma.

thefreak
September 25, 2012, 08:20 PM
Sting killing his GM. I dont believe it. Needs to be seen what happened next.

llamapie
September 27, 2012, 08:21 AM
Its not the first time Mashima made it look like someone had a hole punched in them. But it wouldn't surprise me. Sting is the holy dragon slayer so I think his power is linked to his conviction. If he wished with his heart to strike down someone evil it would probably greatly increase the effect of his magic, which makes me think he may have actually killed his master. Minerva's response tells me she is in on whats going on with the eclipse plan, that wouldn't surprise me at all. She's a real c*nt anyways.

goldb
September 27, 2012, 05:15 PM
To all posters, I'd appreciate it if you stopped comparisons of FT with other mangas(this also applies to ANY and ALL manga sections.) and cool down on the use of profanities. Be sensible and treat each other with respect. Thank you.

Vengeance
September 27, 2012, 08:47 PM
To all posters, I'd appreciate it if you stopped comparisons of FT with other mangas(this also applies to ANY and ALL manga sections.) and cool down on the use of profanities. Be sensible and treat each other with respect. Thank you.
Can't compare manga on a manga forum? Sounds rather stupid.

On topic: Is there no chapter this week or are we going back to Friday-Saturday release dates for fairy tail again?

ghostexiled
September 27, 2012, 08:56 PM
The point Goldb is trying to get across is to NOT compare other mangas in a thread that is only for discussing the recent FT chapter and your predictions for the series.

You are more than welcome to compare manga in the general section of this site.

Krono
September 28, 2012, 02:03 AM
Finally getting around to responding.

I'm not talking about just "damaging" someone, i'm talking about putting a hole through a guys chest by using one of the most basic attacks we've seen that character use. There is a big difference. We know for a fact that Natsu was about to go all out against Gemma by the fact that he was getting ready to attack him with the Lighting Flame techniques. Rogue even points out in the chapter that Natsu was taking it easy on them because he held back his Lighting Flame. Also it makes no difference if Natsu's aim was to beat someone up or kill them when we know for a fact that he is either going all out or holding back.

Putting a hole in someone counts as damaging them. But apparently I was unclear. When I said "mindsets of 'People of a lower power level cannot damage people of a higher power level'", what I meant was mindset of "It's literally impossible for some with a power level of 3000 to defeat or seriously harm someone with a power level of 8000. The 8000 person can stand there unresisting and let the 3000 person take their best shot, and suffer no serious damage because their power level protects them. The 8000 person could be sleeping and the 3000 person attacks their weakness with all of their power at once, and it will have no effect because their power level automatically protects them."

That's not the way it works in Fairy Tail. We've had Aria take Makarov out with a surprise attack. Angel summoned Gemini take out Jura with a surprise attack using Ichiya's magic, followed by Jura matching evenly with Hoteye, them Jura curb stomping Brain, followed by Brain setting a trap that took out Jura. Elfman eke out victory against Bacchus. Ichiya defeated by fodder in the OS arc, and one shotting two people in this one.

Nor can you say that Natsu is going all out simply because he's using lightning. They can vary the amount of power they put into their attacks. So whether or not they intend to kill is quite relevant.

And no Gemma was not caught off guard. He released magical power that was enough to knock both Sting and Rogue on their asses, thats similarly to what we saw with Gilarts and Bluenote when they faced off against weaker opponents. If the difference in power is so great that simply releasing some magical power puts your opponent on their knees or ass there is no longer a "battle" between two sides, the fight is pretty much over. It makes no difference what Sting's reaction would have been, because Gemma was in a very alert mind set. Unless of course releasing magical power and killing someone is now somehow considered being unprepared for battle.

No to every point. Gemma was caught off guard. He had no idea of Sting and Lector's relationship, and was busy going "it's just a cat", rather than looking to see what his subordinate was going to do. He did not "release magic power" he attacked them with his magic the same way he counter attacked Natsu. Gildarts and Bluenote did nothing like you're implying. The difference in magic power didn't put anyone on their knees. Bluenote was flattening people with gravity magic, and Natsu went to his knees from his fear of Gildarts power, not because anything the power itself did. Nor was Gemma in an alert mindset. He was ranting and raving, and lashing out in a rage. That's not prepared for battle, that's throwing a temper tantrum.

Not to mention that Gemma has no relationship with his guild members and treats them like he would strangers. The fact of the matter is that a Guild Master, who has looked very capable, just got a nice hole put in his chest by an fairly basic attack from someone who couldn't even stand before him when he released some magical power. Thats basically the equivalent of Natsu doing this to Gildarts or Bluenote when they "faced off". I don't think anyone would have made sense of this is they were told it would happen before hand the way it did.

And Makarov, who is a Wizard Saint, was defeated by Aria. Jura by Angel, through Gemini. Erza and Mirajane turned to stone by Evergreen. Fairy Tail's not simply a matter of "who has the bigger power level?" Type of magic, and readiness for combat both play a role as well, and that's what we are seeing here. A powerful man so arrogant, that he never dreamed one of his guild members would dare strike him, and he got sucker punched as a result.

El Maco
September 28, 2012, 05:07 AM
I feel silly posting this minutes or hours before the next chapter, but after Mashima thanked everybody for Chapter 300, he remarked that the next one will be an important story that will touch a bit on the foundation of the manga.