PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 301 Discussion

ghostexiled
September 21, 2012, 01:47 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

Jorge D. Dragon
September 28, 2012, 04:31 AM
sourse: www.animeprodestiny.net
credits: Kaze1028

没看妖尾,看图发挥...

主角一伙中的黑发 MM 弄了个魔法阵
召唤出一个会说话的龙
龙开始回忆 400 年前的事
"龙族是世界之王"...诸如此类繁华的过去
最后因是否与人类共存
龙族分裂
人类也创造了灭龙魔法
当中有个人能够变成龙且消灭了其他龙
成为了龙王
这就是龙王祭
名字叫:アクノロギア(前面剧情出现过的那只黑色龙
一伙震惊:那龙原来是人类!?
最后出现一个白骑士
带著一个短发 MM
似乎是来讨取アクノロギア的

302「エクリプス 计画」

pongy
September 28, 2012, 04:39 AM
Don't understand the chinese script part.. but if anyone's interested, the chapter title for next week (302) is "Eclipse plan".

goldb
September 28, 2012, 05:07 AM
chapter is out (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/301).

benelori
September 28, 2012, 05:14 AM
I think this chapter is one of the reasons I started this manga...who doesn't love dragons and dragon backstories?:p Finally we are getting more info...

Uriel
September 28, 2012, 05:15 AM
I can't say more than...DRAGONS.

Epic chapter. Will wait more to discuss about it, but this chapter was incredible.

El Maco
September 28, 2012, 05:27 AM
Lovely chapter, it sent shivers down my spine, made me laugh, explained a lot and brought the good guys together in a story twist.

It also has dinosaurs and humans living together 400 years ago, oh Mashima :cheez

Jorge D. Dragon
September 28, 2012, 05:32 AM
It was quite interesting! Never expected it to be like this.:)
So there were two groups of Dragons and one that was supposedly led by Igneel wanted to coexist with humans, but another group wanted to kill them and with this Dragons taught humans the DS magic and the more you use it the more you become like a Dragon, so Acnologia was before a human DS, but I don't get why it actually hate humans if it was one?

amizou
September 28, 2012, 05:59 AM
400 years is not too far in history, i dont understand why there is no prove of the existance of Dragons espacially that there were a very big war at the time.

Mike050
September 28, 2012, 06:13 AM
Holy... like said above, this chapter crystallized every reason why I started reading this manga - hilarious, perfect comedic timing and dragons. I don't often laugh out loud when reading shonen, but boy did that dragon get more than a few roaring laughs out of me!

Jorge D. Dragon
September 28, 2012, 06:13 AM
Yes, it's quite complicated. Maybe someone is lieing or at least trying to hide some info.
It also might be that after such a disastrous war tons of people who really knew about what was happening during that time died or were annihilated, thus everything actually messed up and that's why people don't really know what to think. I believe that Arcadios might not be the baddy. He might not really know the truth or might be manipulated by someone in order to help someone's others plan.

adbanginwar
September 28, 2012, 06:35 AM
very much loved the chapter. This was a wonderful candidate for 300 chapter. but nonetheless, i loved the chapter. amazing backgroud, nice history.

Chris38
September 28, 2012, 06:41 AM
Hm... this is definitely an intresting chapter. So I guess this explains what kind of connection exists between Zeref and Acnologia and also suggests that Arcadios actually has some good intentions. Guess his explnation of the Eclipse project, in the next chapter, will be how he will gain Lucy's and Fairy Tail's support.

Of course, I assume that Arcadios dosen't really understand the entire situation and his project will go horribly wrong, leading us to the cataclism that Carla foresaw - which will probably be partially nivalated due to the mysteriouses girl's influence.

Although considering the fact that the details of the Eclipse project are going to, most likely, occur in the next chapter, I wonder if Mashima will actually go with the last day tournament events or will he actually skip them..

Ifrit
September 28, 2012, 07:03 AM
Simply Epic. I was worried about how the story of the dragons is gonna turn, but now I'm not.

I wonder if Zeref, Natsu and Acknologia are one family. Like Zeref being the father, and Natsu n Acknologia brothers.

What Gildartz meant by "if Natsu, one day ....." is if natsu one day become a real dragon. Gildartz know more about the dragons than what he shows, same for Makarov. Igneel is the Dragon who wanted to have peace with the humans I guess, too bad it wasn't mentioned.

I still don't trust that Guard, and Yukino has no idea what she is doing.

hehe, It does make you wonder now. If Igneel is not the one who wanted peace with a humans, and he was just a human that also turned into a dragon. Perhaps he is actually Natsu true father.

tobeulp
September 28, 2012, 07:07 AM
Damn you Mashima if this is the chapter 300 haters will stop hating

Epic chapter like some people here say who don't like story about Dragons... Still I hope the tournament still proceeds ^^
Rave Master readers
Anyone thinks a cameo or some sort of connection with Let and Julia in the upcoming arc?

Zasz
September 28, 2012, 07:11 AM
Ok, my theory about the war has been already thrown into the flush. :facepalm
However some things that I said were true (Dragons taught humans dragon slaying magic, Acnologia is a traitor, Arcadios thinks is doing a good thing by opening the gate).
Anyway really an epic chapter; finally Mashima has given us some infos about the dragons.
The revelation about Acnologia being the dragon King really left me with the mouth wide open.
This guy actually killed the dragons that gave him the power and the respect.
But still I too don't understand why he dislikes humans, when he was one; guess we will now why sooner or later.
Interesting also the fact that it has been Zeref to transform Acnologia into a dragon.
Now, since Arcadios is there with Natsu and the others, I suppose that in the next chapter we will have a brief explanation of what this plan is. :^_^

@tobeulpWell it could be. After all Mashima still loves his first manga, so him using some elements from it isn't that impossible. Besides he's already doing it by putting Griff here and there.

P.S: In any case.........Is it me or Acnologia resembles Lucia, the main antagonist of Rave Master?

tobeulp
September 28, 2012, 07:35 AM
@Zasz
Well the main enemy for Rave Master looks pretty badass so I think he just draw it that way to be more badass ^^

@all
My prediction this coming arc is we will see more Dragon Slayer that are sided with Acnologia because it stated that there are dragon slayers so it is many that killed their dragons and I think they will be an enemy also or they are also killed by Acnologia hopefully not ^^..

And I think Igneel and company will be appearing soon because Acnologia will come in the festival and Igneel and company will save Natsu and company and I think for Natsu and the other Dragon Slayers to be strong they need to kill their respective Dragons.

Duniak
September 28, 2012, 07:38 AM
Anyone thinks a cameo or some sort of connection with Let and Julia in the upcoming arc?

Nah, I don't think so. But maybe we'll get to know more dragon slayers and mystery behind Natsu and Gajeel being more than 80 y.o.

@Zasz:

Just wanted to ask the same thing. It's not just you. For me even Zancrow resembled Lucia. Knowing Mashima likes drawing some random stuff from Rave we can assume, that Acnologia in human form will be pretty similar to Lucia.

THM Nindo
September 28, 2012, 07:43 AM
Maybe Acnologia is a human DF that turned into a Dragon, and that Zeref is a dragon that turned into a human!?
Maybe it was a magic that he used so that they can "switch bodies/species" or something like that...

In any case, I really like this development!
Having the human being taught DS magic to help their allies dragon, and having them using it against them in the end.
That's so... human-like!

There's still the question about why the dragon disappeared 14 years ago.
But, it's alright to still keep some mystery, I guess.

And... there's so many dragons death in this room, that she could always questioned another :P

Zasz
September 28, 2012, 07:53 AM
Right now I was thinking......Igneel (who I think is one of the dragon who wanted to coexist with the humans) is the leader of all the current dragons?
I mean, I doubt that all the dragons remained silent about the Acnologia matter.
What if Igneel right now has taken in his ranks also the dragons who considered humans only food and is organizing another war to wage against Acnologia and the DS who served him.
Otherwise the words he said about the festival being near wouldn't make sense.

@duniak: so it was not only my imagination. :verily
Anyway put everything in the spoiler tag; you could spoil something to someone who right now is reading the manga.

Buggy
September 28, 2012, 07:53 AM
Finally the biggest question of Fairy Tail answered - "Why would a dragon teach someone how to kill dragons?"

Never saw it coming, quite epic and informative chapter.

sarutobi_sensei
September 28, 2012, 08:44 AM
Well, seems like my theory has got a little less true... Never would've thought that Acnologia was once human, but thinking about what Guildartz said before, it makes some sense.

But why does he hate humans as well? Was he corrupted beyond turning back?

That dragon was funny xD

Why did the connection disappear?

It seems like Grandine, Metalicana and Igneel have been around for over 400 years then. I just can't wait for the dragons to appear on this arc.

So Arcadios is trying to destroy Zeref? But wasn't he intent on doing something for Zeref-sama?

This is getting more interesting by each chapter.

Alanious
September 28, 2012, 08:49 AM
It was quite interesting! Never expected it to be like this.:)
So there were two groups of Dragons and one that was supposedly led by Igneel wanted to coexist with humans, but another group wanted to kill them and with this Dragons taught humans the DS magic and the more you use it the more you become like a Dragon, so Acnologia was before a human DS, but I don't get why it actually hate humans if it was one?
Right on dude, i'm pretty sure Igneel was the leader of the coexisting dragons and humans. Now the most interesting part is when did Natsu became apart of this pictures?, the Jade dragon said "It's because of you" then vanished!. Many conclusions can be draw but one of them could have mean that Natsu, Gajeel, or wendy was apart of the Battle in the past"i'm more leaning on Natsu", since Zeref knows him. Acnologia! i just knew he was the dragon king the symbols on the wings gave it away, also i'd love to know who taught him dragon slaying magic "which dragon".

exacta
September 28, 2012, 09:01 AM
Like everyone else has said, this chapter is one of the main reasons I got into this manga and the reason I continue to read it even if Mashima does things I don't like. He totally delivered on the history of the dragons, this chapter is epic. Arcadios does not look like a good guy at all lol, why on earth would Yukino trust that guy? I want to know exactly how his plan is supposed to be "good" and not evil, or at least not involving some sacrifice that doesn't make it worth it.

Blooper
September 28, 2012, 09:36 AM
Epic chapter, but we didn't get to see what happened with the Sabertooth folks... I honestly thought there was a chance that their GM wasn't OHKO'd, but the fact that Mashima didn't even bother about showing them this chapter makes it more likely that he was indeed defeated.

Chris38
September 28, 2012, 09:37 AM
Well, if anyone is intrested mangastream has also released the chapter: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99267938/1

Impossibility
September 28, 2012, 09:41 AM
Awesome chapter. Questions that have spanned the entirety of the manga were quite suddenly answered. The history of the dragons was imensely interesting, and it would explain much of what we've seen. It appears as though we are going to learn much of the dragons and their relation to Zeref. The revelation about Acnologia was surprising. I would never have thought that he would've been human some time long ago. Looking forward to the remainder of the arc. It has, so far, been one of the best FT arcs, and is shaping up to be epic in its events and its effects on the future of the manga.

kkck
September 28, 2012, 09:44 AM
Yukino probably sees the high ranking military officer claiming to be out to save the world as perfectly reliable. Who could blame her?

Anyways, interesting chapter. Dragons teaching humans DS to beat dragons was almost a given however it is interesting to finally understand the circumstances of the war. Kinda weird how the whole thing turned out to be about oversized lizards debating on whether humans were insects or not. From what I recall mashima wanted fairy tail to be more light hearted than rave however the manga just introduced some very dark topics with the whole dragon genocide by dragons thing and humans being less than dragons.

Anyways, what still does not fit at all into this is god slayers and gods. Where did they come from? Did gods feel the need to destroy other gods and taught GS for that reason? Or did gods coexist with dragons at some point and taught humans GS for.... I don't know why lol. Or perhaps zeref is a GS who was given power to be used against dragons and GS were actually out to get DS? The logic of DS magic is that using it would grants humans the power of dragons, which is the only thing that can match the power of dragons. GS could be humans given the power of gods to oppose an equally powerful creature. Perhaps dragons at some point vanquished gods and they silently planned on getting back against them?

Blooper
September 28, 2012, 09:53 AM
Anyways, what still does not fit at all into this is god slayers and gods. Where did they come from? Did gods feel the need to destroy other gods and taught GS for that reason? Or did gods coexist with dragons at some point and taught humans GS for.... I don't know why lol. Or perhaps zeref is a GS who was given power to be used against dragons and GS were actually out to get DS? The logic of DS magic is that using it would grants humans the power of dragons, which is the only thing that can match the power of dragons. GS could be humans given the power of gods to oppose an equally powerful creature. Perhaps dragons at some point vanquished gods and they silently planned on getting back against them?

Well I interpreted those "Godslayers" as self-proclaimed titles, in a way that they don't really work with "God Magic" or something, just some ancient, powerful magic. If they include Gods in the story it'll start becoming a real mess, in my opinion.

Vengeance
September 28, 2012, 10:01 AM
Natsu is Igneel he just doesn't realize it.

Zehahaha
September 28, 2012, 10:04 AM
Well... I expected something better rather than good ol dragons fighting among themselves and some of them teaching humans so they can help him etc etc
I was expecting something more better or dangerous, I don't know, something like Rave... I just find it a bit disappointing, although it is still too early to judge it, because it is still too early to reveal the plot totally now

On another hand, I truly wasn't expecting Acnologia being a human before and transformed by Zeref, I was always under the assumption that Acnologia was like the boss of Zeref seeing his reaction, but hey, this gives at least more importance to Zeref than before

Another thing that picked up my interest was that the Dragon said about humans turning to dragons the further a DS goes down the path of DS magic, could it be that Dragon Force is nothing but the first step toward that and not the ultimate form ? But then again Dr Tenma look alike refuted that theory so...

Overall it was a good chapter, lots of infos after nearly 300 chapters with nothing but questions more than answers

SerpentTailedAngel
September 28, 2012, 10:25 AM
Natsu is Igneel he just doesn't realize it.

Raises the question of where we were seeing Igneel the times he's shown up.

I have mixed feelings on this chapter. On the one hand, that info was really cool. On the other, Sabertooth just potentially had two murders and I wanted to know how that was handled.

kkck
September 28, 2012, 10:27 AM
Well I interpreted those "Godslayers" as self-proclaimed titles, in a way that they don't really work with "God Magic" or something, just some ancient, powerful magic. If they include Gods in the story it'll start becoming a real mess, in my opinion.

Well, there is no factual reason for us to think that god slayers don't in fact mimic some creature which at some point was called a god. I would think that their similarities to DS magic perhaps suggest they are indeed telling the truth. I mean, they are able to digest their elements and grow stronger through it and they do seem to have control over said element. The way I see it gods are already somewhere in there, we just don't know where exactly they fit.

chess4
September 28, 2012, 10:29 AM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99267938/18

look at the bottom panel. i am now convinced that the guy with the scarf fighting acnologia is igneel.

Acnologia was originally a man and his dragon slayer power was so strong that he turned into a dragon. I think it is the same way with all the current dragons, they had to become powerful enough to beat acnologia, thereby turning them into dragons.

I think igneel and the other good dragons realized that acnologia was planning something, so they each took students to train them for something big was coming up....another Dragon King Festival.

I think a few characters are going to die this arc, including markorov and jellal. I dont think wendy was wrong about someone dying. since she had the vision before the the last arc, we thought a death was going to happen on the island, but it will haoen here.

kkck
September 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
I think mashima is out to troll us a decent bit (http://www.mangareader.net/135-56738-11/fairy-tail/chapter-196.html). Now compare that link to this one. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/301/15)

Anyways, seeing the similarities I wonder if demon lord dragneel was perhaps an old forgetten memory of natsu's. I get the impression acknologia and natsu might be actually related.

Chaos_Angel
September 28, 2012, 11:11 AM
I agree with the assumption that Igneel was possibly a human turned dragon. It gives a better explanation of how and why a Dragon can be so caring for a human child. If this revelation holds true, that would mean the entire Dragon race can be repopulated by teaching humans Dragon Slayer Magic. It would also mean that Dragon's are not truly at the top of the food chain if a human can become a dragon. I wonder if this is all related to that One Magic thing as well as Lumien Histoire of how any magic can become another magic. I also wonder if this makes the Fairy Tail Guild some sacred gate keepers to the future of world surviving (Most likely)

Well, for next chapter we'll probably get a little chat between Yukino and Lucy. Some more revelations about the Eclipse cannon and maybe a quick look at Sabertoothe's situation. All around a good chapter.

EDIT: I knew I saw that image with the horns and screaming before. Always gotta be careful with Mashima.
You never know when he just might get Ya. :derp

kkck
September 28, 2012, 11:16 AM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/99267938/18

look at the bottom panel. i am now convinced that the guy with the scarf fighting acnologia is igneel.

Acnologia was originally a man and his dragon slayer power was so strong that he turned into a dragon. I think it is the same way with all the current dragons, they had to become powerful enough to beat acnologia, thereby turning them into dragons.

I think igneel and the other good dragons realized that acnologia was planning something, so they each took students to train them for something big was coming up....another Dragon King Festival.

I think a few characters are going to die this arc, including markorov and jellal. I dont think wendy was wrong about someone dying. since she had the vision before the the last arc, we thought a death was going to happen on the island, but it will haoen here.

Isn't the dragon actually igneel? Aknologia is a tad rounder if I recall. I would think the guy is actually acknologia.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Another thing:
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7216-12/fairy-tail/chapter-101.html
As we know the dragon king festival will happen again soon enough. I think we are mere chapters away from seeing igneel, grandine and metalicana....

protomelvin
September 28, 2012, 11:38 AM
Does anyone else think that because humans can become dragons that likewise, dragons can become humans? And that the reason behind Natsu and Gajeel not being able to exit the no one over 80 barrier is because that they were actually dragons reborn as humans? Maybe Natsu and Gajeel as dragons were critically injured, and the only way to save them was to turn them human causing a loss of memory, and in order for them to return to being dragons, Igneel and the other dragons that raised them taught them Dragon Slayer magic so that eventually they will rejoin them.

Also, the only person who can perform the magics to turn human to dragon, and likewise dragon to human, was Zeref, explaining his own connection to Natsu.

Perhaps it's a stretch, but I think that would be a logical explanation for some of the mystery surrounding the Dragon Slayers.

Sollum
September 28, 2012, 11:43 AM

Nah, i think "GODS" are just powerful Elemental Demons.

Dark Aura = Evil = Demons

Since Dragon King Festival was mentioned as "Where Demons, Humans and Dragons fight" i guess that GS magic is nothing more that Demon Slaying magic, because demons simply use darker versions of elements.

Only thing i have to say about this chapter...

DAT NOSE!..

kkck
September 28, 2012, 12:11 PM
Nah, i think "GODS" are just powerful Elemental Demons.

Dark Aura = Evil = Demons

Since Dragon King Festival was mentioned as "Where Demons, Humans and Dragons fight" i guess that GS magic is nothing more that Demon Slaying magic, because demons simply use darker versions of elements.

Only thing i have to say about this chapter...

DAT NOSE!..

I would think the current revelations would rule out the demons being gods though. Right now we know that the dragon king festival was basically the war involving humans, dragons and zeref. Taking in consideration zeref's role in the war so far I would think it is very likely that the demons they mention were solely the ones that zeref was able to create. In this regard it does not seem like gods had an active role in the war and if they did have one it was most likely a passive one. If zeref could create demons and he preceeded DS (I think we could mildly infer that) then perhaps the issue is that zeref himself is a GD rather than a DS and behind him are the gods who are out to do something. In this case it also would not be unlikely that acknologia himself has the gods backing him up. If zeref is a god related character then acknologia also being related to them in some form would not be strange.

Duniak
September 28, 2012, 01:14 PM
perhaps the issue is that zeref himself is a GS rather than a DS and behind him are the gods who are out to do something. In this case it also would not be unlikely that acknologia himself has the gods backing him up. If zeref is a god related character then acknologia also being related to them in some form would not be strange.
taught him God Slayer magic. (Natsu: That means one's who taught you were Gods? Zancrow: Considering the fact, that Hades could be considered GOD you can say that). Until now we can't relate God Slayer magic to gods, because we know it's origin and it's HUMAN- Hades. How he did it, we don't know. Of course, we can assume Zancrow's abilities were like 2gen DS's and he didn't need God to teach him. But then what about Chelia? She is too young. The only thing that can make us think is somehow related to Zeref is it's Dark presence and strange superiority to DS Magic. Maybe that's what Zeref did during war to kill dragon's and DS's?

Deadp00l
September 28, 2012, 01:56 PM
Good evening guys and girls , i read mangahelpers forums every week but i didnt had an account since 5 mins ago :P
FT seems to become more and more interesting every week. I voted epic for this chapter , at least we saw a dragon speaking and explaining things even if i wanted to see the things more complicated.
I am reading again and again the chapter trying to understand who the dragon leader of the dragon " rebels " ( the dragons that wanted to live with humans) is. I am pretty sure the dragon is not Igneel. Check out also what is Igneel is saying here

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/293/21

joshua019
September 28, 2012, 02:11 PM
that was nice... especially the part where my theory about dragon slayer magic actually will transform the user to dragons. did not thought of acnologia being the king of the dragons, but i suppose Igneel and the rest thought natsu and the other dragon slayers to defeat acnologia!

joshua019
September 28, 2012, 02:25 PM
Simply Epic. I was worried about how the story of the dragons is gonna turn, but now I'm not.

I wonder if Zeref, Natsu and Acknologia are one family. Like Zeref being the father, and Natsu n Acknologia brothers.

What Gildartz meant by "if Natsu, one day ....." is if natsu one day become a real dragon. Gildartz know more about the dragons than what he shows, same for Makarov. Igneel is the Dragon who wanted to have peace with the humans I guess, too bad it wasn't mentioned.

hehe, It does make you wonder now. If Igneel is not the one who wanted peace with a humans, and he was just a human that also turned into a dragon. Perhaps he is actually Natsu true father.

Acnologia turn into a dragon 400 around the end of the war, so natsu can't be acnologia's brother could be a far off relative. my guess is that acnologia wants to kill zeref that's why he came to the island as soon as zeref awakened. with this logic zeref and igneel to be a dragon to defeat acnologia.

Ifrit
September 28, 2012, 02:31 PM
Good evening guys and girls , i read mangahelpers forums every week but i didnt had an account since 5 mins ago :P
FT seems to become more and more interesting every week. I voted epic for this chapter , at least we saw a dragon speaking and explaining things even if i wanted to see the things more complicated.
I am reading again and again the chapter trying to understand who the dragon leader of the dragon " rebels " ( the dragons that wanted to live with humans) is. I am pretty sure the dragon is not Igneel. Check out also what is Igneel is saying here

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/293/21

That could mean a lot of things. It could also means Igneel is indeed the dragon who led the other dragons, and that Gajeel n Natsu are real dragons (First Generations).

Although. I must say why Igneel is here wondering if humans can exceed dragons?

Obviously they can, Acknologia did....

zerocooldx
September 28, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hmm i don't completely believe that DS can permanently transform into Dragons. I think that they can permanently transform into a hybrid human/dragon form, and that they can also temporarily transform into a full on Dragon while in battle or whatnot. The reason i say this is because it would help explain the relationship between Zeref and Acnologia and it also fits into what Arcadios believes, which is that Zeref turned Acnologia into a Dragon. Both Zeref and Acnologia could have been "brothers in arms" 400+ years ago while fighting against Dragons. Which could be why Zeref created Daemons in the first place. But once Acnologia and other DS's turned on their own Dragons and started killing all Dragons Zeref cast a curse on Acnologia that permanently kept him in his Dragon form. He did this because he wasn't powerful enough to stop Acnologia so he did the next best thing, turned him into a Dragon so that DS's all across the world would hunt him like they did any other Dragon. However in return Acnologia cursed Zeref in some manner as well.

joshua019
September 28, 2012, 02:46 PM
That could mean a lot of things. It could also means Igneel is indeed the dragon who led the other dragons, and that Gajeel n Natsu are real dragons (First Generations).

Although. I must say why Igneel is here wondering if humans can exceed dragons?

Obviously they can, Acknologia did....

It could be that vicelogia and skyadrum could be a DS turned dragons and they thought sting and rouge DS so they can kill them!

kkck
September 28, 2012, 03:07 PM
taught him God Slayer magic. (Natsu: That means one's who taught you were Gods? Zancrow: Considering the fact, that Hades could be considered GOD you can say that). Until now we can't relate God Slayer magic to gods, because we know it's origin and it's HUMAN- Hades. How he did it, we don't know. Of course, we can assume Zancrow's abilities were like 2gen DS's and he didn't need God to teach him. But then what about Chelia? She is too young. The only thing that can make us think is somehow related to Zeref is it's Dark presence and strange superiority to DS Magic. Maybe that's what Zeref did during war to kill dragon's and DS's?

Zancrow being taugh DS magic by hades does not refute the existence of creatures called gods. In context DS has been shown to be in principle the same as GS magic. This means that in the same way DS magic mimics the power and constitution of dragons GS magic in turns mimics the power and constitution of gods. Hades teaching zancrow GS magic does not mean gods do not exist, it means that hades taught zancrow how to mimic the power and constitution of said creatures. More so, with orga and shelia we have two other god slayers who also seem to mimic some creature that was most definitely not hades just as zancrow was not imitating hades.

benelori
September 28, 2012, 03:14 PM
Now that I reread the chapter...there is an important thing IMO, that our 3 DSs didn't notice...that when it was said that Acnologia transformed into a dragon, he "bathed" in dragon blood...of course this has the obvious figurative meaning that he just killed lots of dragons, but maybe it's literal too? Maybe the drinking, bathing, killing dragons is what morphs someone into a dragon, not necessarily the extended use of DS magic...

Of course maybe this is where Zeref comes in...a ritual concocted by him by using dragon blood perhaps?

1337 haxor
September 28, 2012, 03:21 PM
I have started to connect the dots.

Lumen Histoire, Zeref, Acnologia, the dragon slayers, celestial spirit mages and Rave Master gives us indications to what is about to happen.

Now to the theory:

Acnologia wanted immortality, he betrayed the dragons because by bathing in their blood and becoming a real dragon he would earn their long livespan but that wasn't enough.

While DS magic eventually turns you into a dragon, it doesn't make you immortal, he needed to be something greater and hence he sought Zeref's help.

Being a complete monster back at that time, Zeref made a deal to strenghten Acnologia in exchange of binding him to his call.

Hence, he took the already draconified mage to the magic of one and made him a fulfledged demonic dragon.

However, Zeref underestimated his new creation, Acnologia went rogue and destroyed all the continent until he was stopped by a stellar spirit mage.

That mage (Layla?) used the celestial king to freeze Acnologia in time for 393 years until x777.

While Acnologia was sealed, Zeref had a change of heart and began to work with the remaining dragons to prepare for the day when the Black Dragon broke free.

The world was ravaged, broken by that war and flooded with magic this is where the Rave Master time manipulation comes in.

To restore the world, the Gates of the Changing World were used to remove the real destroyed world, the Great Magic World, and replace it with the current world.

Still, that wasn't enough, the people were too traumatized to move foward. Mages were ostracized from society and people were in the constant fear that Zeref would one day destroy them all.

To put an end to this persecution, Mavis created Lumen Histoire (History of Light), this magic essentially rewrote history so that dragons became legend, mages became heroes and magic became and everyday occurence.

Hence it is both light and darkness, whereas it is a white lie of light which creates happiness for all the people, it is also the darkness of truth behind's Mavis past with Zeref and her eventual creation of Fairy Tail.

Back to the dragon slayers, they aren't 400 years old, they are time travellers from 400 years in the past.

Natsu and his peers were prepared by the dragons in the direct aftermath of the great war, however, they would be sent from the Great Magic World in the past to the point in the future when Acnologia's seal finally broke.

Hence, the truth is that the dragons didn't exactly abandon their children 14 years ago, the dragon slayers arrived 14 years ago in the present because Layla died of exhaustion and Acnologia finally broke free.

But why did they not prepared the DS right of the bat and unleashed them directly against Acnologia?

Because of two reasons: One was that there was nothing left in the world for the DS to fight and envolve, however, the main reason was that there wasn't an enviroment that could set them on a path different than Acnologia. With the dragons on the brink of extinction, the last thing they could afford was having another batshit insane omnicidal maniac rising against them.

So, when the guild named Fairy Tail became the ideal place, Layla finally bite the dust and the three main DS made their coming to the new world.

The reason Zeref needs Natsu to kill him is because he is tied to the living force of Acnologia, as long as the Black Mage lives, Acnologia has the demonic boost which makes him immortal and invincible by all standards.

At the present moment, Zeref is evil again and the Eclipse plan is exactly to undo the change made 400 years ago.

When activated, that gate will switch reality back to the Great Magic World where everyone is essentially screwed by demons and Acnologia.

Acnologia has been flying the world aimlessly essentially because he is bored, as far as he is concerned, he was trapped in time for centuries and found himself in a new world without nothing worth his attention. When he realizes he has been tricked and that dragons are still alive, he will come after every living thing on earth and hence we have Levy desperate in a world full of demons and a batshit insane dragon overlord.

I presume that Zeref's plan is to try and retake control of Acnologia, use him for his original purpose as an ultimate weapon to subjulgate humanity to his bidding, wheter he has control of it or not doesn't matter because everyone is going to die.

Zasz
September 28, 2012, 03:36 PM

Lumen Histoire, Zeref, Acnologia, the dragon slayers, celestial spirit mages and Rave Master gives us indications to what is about to happen.

Now to the theory:

Acnologia wanted immortality, he betrayed the dragons because by bathing in their blood and becoming a real dragon he would earn their long livespan but that wasn't enough.

While DS magic eventually turns you into a dragon, it doesn't make you immortal, he needed to be something greater and hence he sought Zeref's help.

Being a complete monster back at that time, Zeref made a deal to strenghten Acnologia in exchange of binding him to his call.

Hence, he took the already draconified mage to the magic of one and made him a fulfledged demonic dragon.

However, Zeref underestimated his new creation, Acnologia went rogue and destroyed all the continent until he was stopped by a stellar spirit mage.

That mage (Layla?) used the celestial king to freeze Acnologia in time for 393 years until x777.

While Acnologia was sealed, Zeref had a change of heart and began to work with the remaining dragons to prepare for the day when the Black Dragon broke free.

The world was ravaged, broken by that war and flooded with magic this is where the Rave Master time manipulation comes in.

To restore the world, the Gates of the Changing World were used to remove the real destroyed world, the Great Magic World, and replace it with the current world.

Still, that wasn't enough, the people were too traumatized to move foward. Mages were ostracized from society and people were in the constant fear that Zeref would one day destroy them all.

To put an end to this persecution, Mavis created Lumen Histoire (History of Light), this magic essentially rewrote history so that dragons became legend, mages became heroes and magic became and everyday occurence.

Hence it is both light and darkness, whereas it is a white lie of light which creates happiness for all the people, it is also the darkness of truth behind's Mavis past with Zeref and her eventual creation of Fairy Tail.

Back to the dragon slayers, they aren't 400 years old, they are time travellers from 400 years in the past.

Natsu and his peers were prepared by the dragons in the direct aftermath of the great war, however, they would be sent from the Great Magic World in the past to the point in the future when Acnologia's seal finally broke.

Hence, the truth is that the dragons didn't exactly abandon their children 14 years ago, the dragon slayers arrived 14 years ago in the present because Layla died of exhaustion and Acnologia finally broke free.

But why did they not prepared the DS right of the bat and unleashed them directly against Acnologia?

Because of two reasons: One was that there was nothing left in the world for the DS to fight and envolve, however, the main reason was that there wasn't an enviroment that could set them on a path different than Acnologia. With the dragons on the brink of extinction, the last thing they could afford was having another batshit insane omnicidal maniac rising against them.

So, when the guild named Fairy Tail became the ideal place, Layla finally bite the dust and the three main DS made their coming to the new world.

The reason Zeref needs Natsu to kill him is because he is tied to the living force of Acnologia, as long as the Black Mage lives, Acnologia has the demonic boost which makes him immortal and invincible by all standards.

At the present moment, Zeref is evil again and the Eclipse plan is exactly to undo the change made 400 years ago.

When activated, that gate will switch reality back to the Great Magic World where everyone is essentially screwed by demons and Acnologia.

Acnologia has been flying the world aimlessly essentially because he is bored, as far as he is concerned, he was trapped in time for centuries and found himself in a new world without nothing worth his attention. When he realizes he has been tricked and that dragons are still alive, he will come after every living thing on earth and hence we have Levy desperate in a world full of demons and a batshit insane dragon overlord.

I presume that Zeref's plan is to try and retake control of Acnologia, use him for his original purpose as an ultimate weapon to subjulgate humanity to his bidding, wheter he has control of it or not doesn't matter because everyone is going to die.

Your theory is nice, but sincerely speaking I wouldn't want to see the same solution of the "world's reset" in FT.
With RM Mashima did a good job, but this solution would make FT, even if by a little, a copy of the already said manga.
Now the time travelling thing is present in the current arc of FT, but I think that's a bit different; hope you understand what I mean.

kkck
September 28, 2012, 03:45 PM
Well, based on what we saw during the tenrou events it does not seem like zeref controls acknologia at all. More than that, it seems like acknologia is actually the boss.

Interestingly, we already did kinda know DS magic turned you into a dragon. Natsu has gotten scales at times and the fake DSs have gotten scales a number of times. DF itself has been called the very power of dragons and it usually furthers the transformation. Based on that it was not inconceivable that a fully formed DS would be extremely dragon like. I guess transforming into a full blown dragon is a bit much though.

joshua019
September 28, 2012, 04:20 PM
Now that I reread the chapter...there is an important thing IMO, that our 3 DSs didn't notice...that when it was said that Acnologia transformed into a dragon, he "bathed" in dragon blood...of course this has the obvious figurative meaning that he just killed lots of dragons, but maybe it's literal too? Maybe the drinking, bathing, killing dragons is what morphs someone into a dragon, not necessarily the extended use of DS magic...

Of course maybe this is where Zeref comes in...a ritual concocted by him by using dragon blood perhaps?

Lets take dragon force, it has the makings for humans transforming to dragons. And even from in chapter 1, DS is explained that it is a magic that transform users constitution to dragon.

crimsonlink310
September 28, 2012, 06:50 PM
Hmm i don't completely believe that DS can permanently transform into Dragons. I think that they can permanently transform into a hybrid human/dragon form, and that they can also temporarily transform into a full on Dragon while in battle or whatnot. The reason i say this is because it would help explain the relationship between Zeref and Acnologia and it also fits into what Arcadios believes, which is that Zeref turned Acnologia into a Dragon. Both Zeref and Acnologia could have been "brothers in arms" 400+ years ago while fighting against Dragons. Which could be why Zeref created Daemons in the first place. But once Acnologia and other DS's turned on their own Dragons and started killing all Dragons Zeref cast a curse on Acnologia that permanently kept him in his Dragon form. He did this because he wasn't powerful enough to stop Acnologia so he did the next best thing, turned him into a Dragon so that DS's all across the world would hunt him like they did any other Dragon. However in return Acnologia cursed Zeref in some manner as well.

You can believe what you want but it doesn't change the canon fact that Acnologia was once a human DS that turned into that monster dragon form.

Acnologia and Zeref don't have to have a relationship at all.

Anyways awesome chapter Mashima. I really liked the explanation and more things are getting clearer. Really looking forward to the next chapter and what the knight is going to tell the gang. Also how/why is Lucy a major part of the Eclipse plan and does the plan involve her giving up her life.

zerocooldx
September 28, 2012, 07:03 PM
You can believe what you want but it doesn't change the canon fact that Acnologia was once a human DS that turned into that monster dragon form.

Anyways awesome chapter Mashima. I really liked the explanation and more things are getting clearer. Really looking forward to the next chapter and what the knight is going to tell the gang. Also how/why is Lucy a major part of the Eclipse plan and does the plan involve her giving up her life.

Who is disputing that Acnologia was a human DS who turned into a Dragon? And Acnologia and Zeref do have some type of a relationship, thats pretty much indisputable at this point. Zeref calling out the name Acnologia as a reflex it seemed and then Acnologia showing up to erase the location he was at didn't just happen by coincidence. And now we see Arcadios state that his research has led him to believe that Zeref turned Acnologia into a Dragon. There is a relationship between the two, and one that isn't based on good terms. Otherwise Zeref could have probably called Acnologia off of Tenrou Island and FT thus saving both.

hoeru
September 28, 2012, 07:43 PM
The part on "Bathing in Dragon Blood" reminded me on a German epic poem "Nibelungenlied" - or at least the summary I can remember - from the Middle Ages: A dragon-slayer called Siegfried bathed in the blood of a dragon he killed to gain an invincible skin so he is unaffected by all possible attacks. Did Hiro Mashima just reinterpret that "Nibelungenlied"? ö_Ö

However, there's a turn of events in this Lied .... But I'm not going to tell you here, as it may turn out to become a spoiler for Fairy Tail plot.

joshua019
September 28, 2012, 08:02 PM

Acnologia and Zeref might in fact have an hostile relationship, acnologia might have went to the island to kill zeref.

crimsonlink310
September 28, 2012, 09:24 PM
"Hmm i don't completely believe that DS can permanently transform into Dragons. I think that they can permanently transform into a hybrid human/dragon form, and that they can also temporarily transform into a full on Dragon while in battle or whatnot."

You are disputing Acnologia turning into a dragon from a human as permanent and are instead mentioning a human/dragon hybrid as the permanent form. Acnologia bathed in Dragon blood and became the King of Dragons from his new dragon form. Arcadios is still suspicious so I wouldn't take his word as truth that Zeref caused Acnologia to become a real dragon using his dark book of spells.

Especially when Arcadios called Zeref, "Lord Zeref" the first time we saw him and is now talking about getting rid of Zeref.

BTW joshua019, if Acnologia really did have a hostile relationship with Zeref then he could have easily hunted him down considering the Dragon's sense of smell and how close Zeref was to the island.

Also "Acnologia and Zeref don't have to have a relationship at all" as I've said before, I meant it in a brothers in arm or family kind of relationship. They could be allies or enemies and I might be proven wrong. But I won't hold my breath for that.

Zeref was know as the darkest mage of the ages from 400 years ago while Dragons were around. How he was defeated or sealed has yet to be revealed and that is the most pressing concern to me right now.

llamapie
September 28, 2012, 10:15 PM

I'm getting that idea now too. Honestly its the only explanation that makes sense. We know Natsu and other true DS show up as older than 80 when magically examined, whether that's because their magic is ancient or some other reason - we don't know.

The way I see it, the dragon slayers are reincarnations of dragons as humans or they're all a lot older than they think. Still soooooooooooo many questions. The fact that Zeref knows Natsu is a very good indication of things. Really curious where Mashima is going with this.

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

You are disputing Acnologia turning into a dragon from a human as permanent and are instead mentioning a human/dragon hybrid as the permanent form. Acnologia bathed in Dragon blood and became the King of Dragons from his new dragon form. Arcadios is still suspicious so I wouldn't take his word as truth that Zeref caused Acnologia to become a real dragon using his dark book of spells.

Especially when Arcadios called Zeref, "Lord Zeref" the first time we saw him and is now talking about getting rid of Zeref.

BTW joshua019, if Acnologia really did have a hostile relationship with Zeref then he could have easily hunted him down considering the Dragon's sense of smell and how close Zeref was to the island.

Also "Acnologia and Zeref don't have to have a relationship at all" as I've said before, I meant it in a brothers in arm or family kind of relationship. They could be allies or enemies and I might be proven wrong. But I won't hold my breath for that.

Zeref was know as the darkest mage of the ages from 400 years ago while Dragons were around. How he was defeated or sealed has yet to be revealed and that is the most pressing concern to me right now.

It seemed to me that Zeref summoned acnologia to his location, it was as if he was fighting the darkness and broke and gave in. @_@ TOO MANY QUESTIONS. DAMN IT.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Now to the theory:

Put it in spoiler tags for such a long post. I liked the post but I just can't see them being time travelers, I think the Edolas arc ruled that out entirely. Edolas clearly had history with dragons, hence the ancient knowledge about their powers and the dragon slayers. So I would add one part. Edolas may have been a part of the world and was ripped off at some point in the battle of the Dragons, hence why the magic power in that land was limited, because it wasn't a real world to begin with but part of the main one. Anyways that's just a slight possibility. I've been trying to figure out the point to that arc, it had a build up with Mystogan and the explanation of having 2 Gerards, then the biggest thing to me is Grandine and Porlyuska. She's a human counterpart to a dragon. SEE where this is going? But the reason I think Edolas arc ruled out your idea about them being 400 year time travelers, is that the duplicates in edolas were the same age (except for Wendy).

zerocooldx
September 28, 2012, 11:15 PM

I am disputing how it is that Acnologia become a full on Dragon, and i don't believe that DS's by themselves can permanently turn into Dragons. Now its up to you whether or not you want to believe a certain character. It could just as easily be argued that what happened to Acnologia was exaggerated to improve his myth/legend. Which is highly likely given the fact that it was stated that he was "Bathing in Dragon Blood", thats never going to be shown in a Shounen manga. Also like i said there was a relationship between these two and they undoubtedly knew each other in one form or another 400 years ago. They were most likely badass human #1 and badass human #2 who waged war against the Dragons for their survival. Also its becoming pretty clear that Zeref isn't the "evil/bad guy" that he has been portrayed to be, and every time we have seen him this becomes more and more clear. To me Arcadios calling Zeref Lord Zeref means absolutely nothing until we actually see what the Eclipse Plan is and if Arcadios has ever even met Zeref. Mashima is infamous for introducing characters and initially painting them as "bad guys". Look at Laxus, Gajeel, Sting, Rogue and the list goes on.

dark angel KaRamo
September 29, 2012, 01:02 AM
First epic chapter.
this made me love fairy tail even more so many twist and turn in the Manga. Anyway if Zeref really turned a human DS into a dragon then why in the first place what did he have to gain. And it seems that if a DS kills a Dragon and bath in it's blood you become more dragon like i wonder is this why Sting and Rogue say that they killed there Dragons to become true Dragon Slayer... hmmmm. And why still no info on that mystery woman damn!.

Sachsenhesse
September 29, 2012, 06:19 AM
The part on "Bathing in Dragon Blood" reminded me on a German epic poem "Nibelungenlied" - or at least the summary I can remember - from the Middle Ages: A dragon-slayer called Siegfried bathed in the blood of a dragon he killed to gain an invincible skin so he is unaffected by all possible attacks. Did Hiro Mashima just reinterpret that "Nibelungenlied"? ö_Ö

However, there's a turn of events in this Lied .... But I'm not going to tell you here, as it may turn out to become a spoiler for Fairy Tail plot.

haha jeah, had the same thoughts xD but i dont think he will take the entire nibelungenlied into this manga and siegfried didnt become a dragon at all. ^^

R3D
September 29, 2012, 06:23 AM
so now we acnologia was a human who is now a dragon who beat gildarts so easily and natsu is currently still weaker than him . im excited at how powerful natsu will become in order to defeat acnologia and perfaps with his defeat the rest of the dragons might come out of hiding and claim natsu as their new dragon king :zomg

THM Nindo
September 29, 2012, 08:42 AM
I don't think Zeref is the one that turned Acnologia into a Dragon.
I really think that Zeref was and is a good guy.

I think he might have been a dragon that turned into a human.
Maybe, he actually turned Acnologia into a Dragon and himself into a human by some transfer magic.

Maybe he used the same technique on Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy...
That would explained a few things for sure...

Zasz
September 29, 2012, 10:05 AM

Yeah I too know this myth and if I'm not wrong it was present also in Saint Seiya, even tough that arc was filler.
Anyway it is possible that Mashima was inspired by this legend.
About the Acnologia/Zeref issue, I thinkt hat the two must have had some sort of relationship; otherwise, why Acnologia would go to him in order to become a full-fledged dragon?

1337 haxor
September 29, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'm getting that idea now too. Honestly its the only explanation that makes sense. We know Natsu and other true DS show up as older than 80 when magically examined, whether that's because their magic is ancient or some other reason - we don't know.

The way I see it, the dragon slayers are reincarnations of dragons as humans or they're all a lot older than they think. Still soooooooooooo many questions. The fact that Zeref knows Natsu is a very good indication of things. Really curious where Mashima is going with this.

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

It seemed to me that Zeref summoned acnologia to his location, it was as if he was fighting the darkness and broke and gave in. @_@ TOO MANY QUESTIONS. DAMN IT.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Put it in spoiler tags for such a long post. I liked the post but I just can't see them being time travelers, I think the Edolas arc ruled that out entirely. Edolas clearly had history with dragons, hence the ancient knowledge about their powers and the dragon slayers. So I would add one part. Edolas may have been a part of the world and was ripped off at some point in the battle of the Dragons, hence why the magic power in that land was limited, because it wasn't a real world to begin with but part of the main one. Anyways that's just a slight possibility. I've been trying to figure out the point to that arc, it had a build up with Mystogan and the explanation of having 2 Gerards, then the biggest thing to me is Grandine and Porlyuska. She's a human counterpart to a dragon. SEE where this is going? But the reason I think Edolas arc ruled out your idea about them being 400 year time travelers, is that the duplicates in edolas were the same age (except for Wendy).

They aren't 400 years, they are biologically in their right age, the dragons took them to the great magic world (X300 true timeline), trained them, and send them back to their rightful place.

I think the thing that held Natsu and Gajeel in that barrier was their clothing, Natsu might be 20 years old something but his scarf given by Ingneel came from 400 years ago and hence he got rejected.

The concept of parallel dimensions and timelines is already present in FT, Mashima has experience and affinity for that theme, it wouldn't be bad if there was a broken world full magic version of Earthland and Eclipse will inadvertedly bring it forth.

Mashima has proved his writing capabilities in that area, he can reuse that theme if played right.

Heck, there were even crossovers with RM, what prevents FT from being another dimension/timeline from the RM multiverse?

SerpentTailedAngel
September 29, 2012, 12:11 PM
I really think that Zeref was and is a good guy.

I think from his interaction with Hades that while he's no longer outright evil, he can't really be called good either. The person he was killing there had it coming, but Zeref's attitude while he did it was kind of like a villain's explaining his master scheme before shooting the hero (he just didn't happen to have any plans.) If in the past he didn't value life, which he claims himself, then he wouldn't have just stopped with villains. Kind old neighbors and that puppy across the street would have been fair game.

Not to mention we've seen two demons he's created, one who rampantly destroys things, one who steals the souls of everyone around it.

zerocooldx
September 29, 2012, 01:00 PM
We know why DS's were created, for the purpose of helping win the Dragon Civil War. So that begs the question why are DS's still being "created"? The war is clearly over and on top of that DS's basically led to the near extinction of all Dragons. So why produce more individuals like that, especially since we just learned that Sting and Rogue "killed" their Dragons. It makes no sense to create beings that are meant to and often do kill you.

Zasz
September 29, 2012, 02:42 PM
We know why DS's were created, for the purpose of helping win the Dragon Civil War. So that begs the question why are DS's still being "created"? The war is clearly over and on top of that DS's basically led to the near extinction of all Dragons. So why produce more individuals like that, especially since we just learned that Sting and Rogue "killed" their Dragons. It makes no sense to create beings that are meant to and often do kill you.

It sure is strange, but it seems that the dragon survivors (which seem to be guided by Igneel) are preparing for another war against Acnologia and the other DS who rebelled.

kkck
September 29, 2012, 05:24 PM
Weird scenario, what if sting and rogue's dragons for some plot related reason asked to be killed? It doesn't seem like sting and rogue are evil per say (just assholes) and igneel does seem kinda familiar with the others. Or perhaps their dragons were just on acknologias side....

amitnaruto
September 29, 2012, 06:41 PM
interesting chapter
one person was questioning god magic and i might answer that question. It might be derived from dragon slayers. Humans learnt magic from dragons and these dragonslayers then taught that magic to other humans but was named god magic. Dragons are considered godly anyways and the name stuck. However I do have one question.
as for acalogia being human and killing humans makes sense. all villians destroys all weak people so he can make only his henchmen survive, he seemed to want to get rid of the competition in my opinion
my question is that how does natsu and lucy fit into all of this though in my opinion natsu is exhibitin a unique ability the ability to take on other elements it might be unique to him alone.

Thuwa25
September 29, 2012, 10:46 PM
i wonder what story is Arcadios trying to concoct to convince fairy that he working for "the greater good." even though when know there is ulterior motive. i reckon what he might do is destroy zeref to control acnologia for his own gain. i dunno whether acnologia is the dragon king....?

Chris38
September 30, 2012, 05:10 AM
I just thought of something. I mean I think that I have an idea on what could occur when the Eclipse gate is going to be opened.

I think it's a device that is going to summon Acnologia and the dragons that opose him (most likely Igneel, Metalicana and Grandeeney, who I belive belong to the human coexistence fraction) and restart the Dragon King festival - after all another all out war between dragons vs dragons + DS is definitely going to "change the world".

Now, the reason why I think that's going to be the case is:

1.) Igneel's statmemnt when the fight between Sting and Rouge is about to start, that the Dragon King Festival is going to occur soon

2.) Future Levy's scar, which might be something done by a claw, and we know that dragons have claws.

3.) The mysterious girl's note from chapter 300, that suggests that there is a connection between the dragon king festival and the Eclipse plan.

As for Arcadois, well he might mistakenly belive that the Eclipse gate is going to summon Zeref, or be something that is going to kill him (which, I doubt, since Zeref has said that the only thing that can bring an end to his existence is Natsu.)

joshua019
September 30, 2012, 08:25 AM
There's just one problem. Jade Dragon didn't teach human DS Magic, he considered them food. xD

perhaps he still can teach DS while in ghost form? does DS magic have a ritual before being thought like drinking dragon's blood or bathing on it, if there is no prerequisite on the magic then there is no stopping current or previous DS to teach it to someone else, hence making the magic more common.

Duniak
September 30, 2012, 08:50 AM
perhaps he still can teach DS while in ghost form? does DS magic have a ritual before being thought like drinking dragon's blood or bathing on it, if there is no prerequisite on the magic then there is no stopping current or previous DS to teach it to someone else, hence making the magic more common.

Being a ghost doesn't mean he wants to teach anyone DS magic. When he lived he didn't want to, why would he now? And to see him in ghost form you need to use magic- Milky Way, so only Grandine's DS can see him (and people accompanying her). Noone else can, noone else can be taught by him. And again, why the hell would he change his attitude towards people? Don't just say some random stuff to oppose someone without a good reason.

joshua019
September 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
Being a ghost doesn't mean he wants to teach anyone DS magic. When he lived he didn't want to, why would he now? And to see him in ghost form you need to use magic- Milky Way, so only Grandine's DS can see him (and people accompanying her). Noone else can, noone else can be taught by him. And again, why the hell would he change his attitude towards people? Don't just say some random stuff to oppose someone without a good reason.

I am assuming the other dragons thought natsu and the other DS so that they can kill acnologia, so since he dislike acnologia.

Bhoot
September 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
I just thought of something. I mean I think that I have an idea on what could occur when the Eclipse gate is going to be opened.

I think it's a device that is going to summon Acnologia and the dragons that opose him (most likely Igneel, Metalicana and Grandeeney, who I belive belong to the human coexistence fraction) and restart the Dragon King festival - after all another all out war between dragons vs dragons + DS is definitely going to "change the world".

Now, the reason why I think that's going to be the case is:

1.) Igneel's statmemnt when the fight between Sting and Rouge is about to start, that the Dragon King Festival is going to occur soon

2.) Future Levy's scar, which might be something done by a claw, and we know that dragons have claws.

3.) The mysterious girl's note from chapter 300, that suggests that there is a connection between the dragon king festival and the Eclipse plan.

As for Arcadois, well he might mistakenly belive that the Eclipse gate is going to summon Zeref, or be something that is going to kill him (which, I doubt, since Zeref has said that the only thing that can bring an end to his existence is Natsu.)

I agree to an extent , but here's my theory:\
The eclipse plan is to conjure up all dead dragons and this time the will team up with dragon slayers to kill acknologia . The knight guy working under Zeref who as someone suggested is the original dragon king [good guy] turned human coz he pittied a dying and remorseful evil wizard [original zeref -> acnologia] and was betrayed later . Natsu n co. are the supposed kid who the good king chose to kill bad king after realizing that acknologia would neevr allow any dragon to gain more power than him and hence only a human with DS may kill him . Then the fairy king gave them shelter by using fairy voodoo to suspend time . Igneel and co are the good kings generals and were training DS ppl to oppose ALogia

Sollum
September 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
I would think the current revelations would rule out the demons being gods though. Right now we know that the dragon king festival was basically the war involving humans, dragons and zeref. Taking in consideration zeref's role in the war so far I would think it is very likely that the demons they mention were solely the ones that zeref was able to create. In this regard it does not seem like gods had an active role in the war and if they did have one it was most likely a passive one. If zeref could create demons and he preceeded DS (I think we could mildly infer that) then perhaps the issue is that zeref himself is a GD rather than a DS and behind him are the gods who are out to do something. In this case it also would not be unlikely that acknologia himself has the gods backing him up. If zeref is a god related character then acknologia also being related to them in some form would not be strange.

What i meant is that God's don't have to be literal "God's". Powerful beings can be viewed as God's too (Demons for example).

Now that i thought over it...

Maybe God Slayer magic is there just to counter Dragon Slayer magic?
Acnologia can't be counted as a dragon, its 50/50. What if there are more like Acnologia? Not necessarily Dragons, but still Dragon Slayers with huge power.

Humans of insane power, that are able to kill Dragons, rulers of the world, could be easily marked as Gods. Of course some normal Dragon slayers learn to counter "SUPA DRAGON SLAYER!" magic and kill some of them, marking them as God Slayers.

Oh man, i can totally imagine that Epic scene where Acnologia and original Dragon Slayers ("God's") enter Tournament Arena... And then like...
[Acnologia]: Natsu.. I am your father!
[Natsu]: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

joshua019
September 30, 2012, 04:08 PM
I agree to an extent , but here's my theory:\
The eclipse plan is to conjure up all dead dragons and this time the will team up with dragon slayers to kill acknologia . The knight guy working under Zeref who as someone suggested is the original dragon king [good guy] turned human coz he pittied a dying and remorseful evil wizard [original zeref -> acnologia] and was betrayed later . Natsu n co. are the supposed kid who the good king chose to kill bad king after realizing that acknologia would neevr allow any dragon to gain more power than him and hence only a human with DS may kill him . Then the fairy king gave them shelter by using fairy voodoo to suspend time . Igneel and co are the good kings generals and were training DS ppl to oppose ALogia

It was actually implied that there was no dragon king before acnologia at least that's how I read it. I think that Eclipse gate going to be used to summon demon after all the knight is working with zeref. Igneel and zeref seems to be working together as well probably to kill acnologia.
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7216-12/fairy-tail/chapter-101.html
which means acnologia came to the island to kill zeref and FT just got caught in it, probably also the reason why zeref has not done anything yet for 7 years.

SerpentTailedAngel
September 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
Theory: Dragon Force is the first step towards becoming an actual dragon. Sting and Rogue can enter DF at will because killing their parents means they're closer to turning into dragons than the others.

joshua019
September 30, 2012, 05:46 PM
Theory: Dragon Force is the first step towards becoming an actual dragon. Sting and Rogue can enter DF at will because killing their parents means they're closer to turning into dragons than the others.

yeah, it makes sense with ppls theory about bathing in dragon blood actually turned acnologia into dragon. but it does not make sense that natsu can enter dragon force with only eating magic.

SerpentTailedAngel
September 30, 2012, 11:30 PM
Because dragon slayer magic works by mimicking the properties of magic. In chapter 1 Happy says it's magic that "transforms one's body and gives it the aspects of a dragon's body." Having more power means they can come closer to transforming completely. Since Sting and Rogue are already closer to being dragons they don't need as much power to pull it off. That would also explain why they're weaker despite being in DF mode. Even if it's still a big difference, it's less of a jump in power for them than it was for Natsu.

TheWanderer
October 01, 2012, 02:09 AM
Wonder if he based his idea around Breath of Fire, it is starting to sound like magic works in a somewhat similar fashion but rather then dragon clans they are just humans that were taught to use dragon magic and through using it they have the potential to turn into dragons themselves. Natsu' carefree comment was pretty amusing though poking fun at the dragon for talking to "food".

The concept in hand though does remind me of Breath of Fire 5, Dragon Quarter in which the main protagonist infused with the ability to use dragon magic slowly reaches the point when he turns into a dragon. The natural timer to turn into a dragon occurs with every step taken however the process if sped up through actually calling upon the magic itself which while overpowering and can keep you from dying a losing fight, does make it that much harder to get through the game before you turn into a dragon.

I'm curious to see where he takes this though, now that we have more of a clarification that this magic was a means to protect humanity yet in turn humanity used it to kill dragons, it does make for quite an interesting dilemma.

thousandIN1
October 01, 2012, 04:06 PM
i think the emerald dragon is lying saying he hated humas, coz when arcadios appears he says that history doesn't match up, which could mean the ED was fibbing. and now the more i think about it, god slayer magic is just magic to counter ds magic. at one point dragons were the rulers and such of the fairy tail world, so once the dragons taught humans ds magic some of those ds taught humans "god slayer magic" in order to defend themselves from ds' who went mad with power.that's also why i think that gs can't affect dragons since they were originally used to slay humans infused with ds magic(psuedo-gods)and i'm guessing they only called it god slayer because seeing how dragons were rulers or whatever the humans who learnt ds were kinda looked at like gods. and they weren't gonna call it "humans who've learnt dragon slayer" slayer magic.
also the reason gs magic is black is because it's tainted magic and not pure like ds magic, a form of corrupted magic based on it's element created through humans.
i hope this makes sense

SerpentTailedAngel
October 01, 2012, 10:26 PM
I thought Arcadios said it DOES match up.
I like your GS theory though.

Marche
October 03, 2012, 03:30 PM
This week the jumps title came out on Tuesday, there is the possibilites that Fairy Tail will came out tomorrow????? (I hope since Friday I will leave my house early, and will return only at the evening).

Anyways for the chapter...
Really fun that dragon.
Anyway for now I believe that the best possibilities is that Acnologia was turned in a dragon by Zereff, because this would explain why Acnologia appeared after that Zereff lost the value of the life, in someway they made a resonance, just like in Naruto happened between Naruto and Ginkaku/Kinkaku brothers.

meepers4982
October 03, 2012, 04:24 PM
something isnt adding up and not because its a plot hole but because we're only going to find out later in the arc. The jade dragon was hilarious and the natsu dragon interaction was also funny. I think the perfect amount of information, and comedy. I am curious, however, to what the jade dragon was going to say at the end, i think mashima is implying a little more than the info we were given. My two cents.

Thuwa25
October 04, 2012, 04:48 AM
i hope next chapter shows the last day of the games. I still thinks that Arcadios is lying about him trying to destroy zeref and acnologia. i think levy's narration is that somehow in the eclipse plan it went horribly wrong hence the deaths, like it turned all of the dragon slayers into dragons and have lost all reason whatsoever and went on a rampage. i know it may sound farfetched but it could make sense.

My theory on zeref and acnologia, i think zeref is acnologia's humanity, mind and idea.

joshua019
October 04, 2012, 07:28 AM
its like babidi trying to revive majinbu all over again. I knew somehow that they'll be stealing magic. now we know that the hooded person is someone from the future