PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 304 Discussion

thornofcarrion
October 12, 2012, 07:01 AM
This is where you can discuss the current chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

John 92
October 19, 2012, 02:50 AM
From anp credits to ¬ApЕ®™

前半都是"大魔鬪演武"
剑齿虎 49pt
人鱼 43pt
妖精队全员原地「闭目养神」
初代(?):妖精之星作战发动
全员:了解
场景换到王国
三人变装混入
王国女王ヒスイ.E.フィオーレ:日食计画2启动

305 妖精军师

quick tans by bpyser1 from onemanga

Apparently, the first half of Day's Five events begin with Sabertooth and Mermaid Heel scoring points. At the end, the Queen of Fiore is introduced; her name is Hisui. Finally, the Eclipse Project goes into Plan 2.

Next Chapter 305: Fairy Army

Ifrit
October 19, 2012, 05:52 AM
Link ???

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/304/2

it is out actually

shuha27
October 19, 2012, 05:54 AM
Chapter is out!

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/304

Ifrit
October 19, 2012, 06:06 AM
Damn, go fairy tail team. I wonder who is leading Fairy Tail.

I think every1 will target Erza or Laxus assuming one of them is leading, but it is actually Juvia hehe That would be epic.

is there some1 able to defeat Jura, Yeah Erza or Laxus sure can go 1 on 1 with him, Although more likely it is Laxus, since Erza will be busy with Kagura n Sabertooth **** forgot her name.

Queen ? Lucy ...wtf.

Every1 should have followed Happy plan it is more creative than Miras :P heheh

That Sabertooth girl LOL, avoid Jura n Kagura...I thought they think they're top guild n strongest ....I guess Natsu gave em a good beating.

I think the final part will be Erza Vs SaberTooth girl...Erza for the win I hope, and giving Fairy Tail the final victory and final 5 points..GO ERZA :super

Newkerzy
October 19, 2012, 06:16 AM
Gotta say, I'm impressed with Mavis. I'm looking forward to just what kind of tactics Mavis thought for the team. I dunno why, but I got Shikamaru vibes from her in this page:

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/304/18

It feels exactly the kind of badass expression he'd make if there was something like this happening in Naruto.

R3D
October 19, 2012, 06:48 AM
this week chapter was kinda boring .. the way team natsu infiltrated the castle was boring ... fairy tail not moving was boring ... how sting defeated bachus in one punch was boring .. even the humor was kinda boring ... i hope all the boring parts got left behind in this chapter and next week chapter will be back to its epic self :derp

adbanginwar
October 19, 2012, 07:40 AM
A real good chapter! nice strategy to wait clear the battlefield and have good chance of one on one matches. else it would have been something like gang up on FT.

i wonder what eclipse 2 project. waiting for mangastream's scanlations.

kidopitz27
October 19, 2012, 07:54 AM
the chapter is good for eliminating the weak ones for a good one on one fight the one left is lamia scale , Sabertooth ,Blue Pegasus? and FT i really think that FT will either use guerrilla tactics or each of them will stop on a specific points and wait for the enemy to come to them

El Maco
October 19, 2012, 07:58 AM
Quite clever to reveal Mavis' strategy of memorising every move made.
Remember how in the first fight of this tournament, we were introduced to memory magic coming from Sabertooth? This is a bit like what is done in the movies where, typically somewhere in the beginning, a character displays a neat trick that seems irrelevant at first, and then later on, it turns out to be a plot decider.

Had Mavis been the first to do this memory strategy where we are now at the end, it would have felt like a cheat, but with Sabertooth's precedent, it feels like revenge. Nicely constructed!

Natsu&co infiltrating the prison like that is of course another very old trick. With Mira-Jane able to mimic anyone, she's a logical addition to the rescue team. Completely surprised by the princess, though. I should have known, where's there a king, there's a lovely princess waiting in a tower...

DEATHBOTT
October 19, 2012, 08:27 AM
the princess' chin seems pointing like the hooded girl. im going to guess they are one and the same. im sure everyone else and their moms came to that conclusion. maaaaan elfman's victory against bacchus has been kind of ruined by him getting one shotted twice since then. some small predictions, orga and chelia are going to meet at which point orga will introduce himself as a god slayer at beat her up. then laxus will arrive and kick his ass for beating up a little girl at which point jura will show up, thank him for helping chelia and they will have a show down. i can also see something similar with gray, juvia, lyon and rufus happening. like juvia coming across rufus who is about to defeat her but then lyon steps in and saves her but in the end is defeated at which point gray shows up.

kuroSaki_Ichi
October 19, 2012, 08:39 AM
I find myself going crazy waiting for fairy tail every week now. I loved the chapter and Fairy Tail team looked quite badass with their eyes closed. One thing I disliked however, was the fact that Bachas now looks so weak. When he first appeared, Mashima hyped him up so much and made him sound so strong but now he literally loses every match....kind of a letdown cause his magic was cool.

Impossibility
October 19, 2012, 08:43 AM
The action was entertaining. But what made the chapter was Mavis' expression. The final battle has finally begun. The introduction of the princess was rather surprising, I'm interested in seeing what her role is.

Zasz
October 19, 2012, 08:51 AM
Ok, now I want to know how is it possible that FT, even without its core member, always got the last place when Quatro Cerberus is in my opinion weaker.
As someone said, now the victory of Elfman against Bacchus seems nothing...
Anyway the chapter may have been slow this week, but I liked it nonetheless.
It was predictable that Saberthooth and Lamia Scale would be in advantage without FT taking action; but it won't last long as it seems that Erza and the others will now go wild after remembering all the abilities of their foes. :derp
Mavis' badass face it's what made this chapter enjoyable; her strategy will surely prove victorious.
To conclude, I admit that I' never considered the presence of a princess, even tough it's a damn obvious thing; I wonder what she will do in the last part of this arc with the Eclipse Project 2.
Mira's infiltration strategy was like we all expected, even tough I would have prefered that of Happy. :cheez

P.S: the cover was cute and sad at the same time.
But it seems that Frosch will be happy again, since Mashima keeps on hinting us that Minerva may very well have teleported Lector in a far away place.
Why would he have made Kagura say "They disappeared?!" otherwise?

El Maco
October 19, 2012, 09:10 AM
I love how Orga demolishes his opponents and then stands there like a Buddha with his hands folded, contemplating the existence of the grass-hopper.
It's almost as if he's asking for forgiveness after trashing them.

R3D
October 19, 2012, 09:21 AM
i get the part where mavis remembers the abilities of their foes and strategises a counter , but what about those that havent shown their abilities and their capablities , Fairy tail were standing still cuz they didnt want to waste their energy dealing with the weaklings and decided that their foes could take each other out and leave the strongest for fairy tail and score maximum points for themselves and more importantly ,crushing the strongest to show that fairy tail is number 1

if there was a eclipse 2 , there must have been a eclipse 1 , maybe that hooded girl was invloved in eclipse 1 and i would like to say shes trying to stop eclipse 2 from initiating but she doesnt seem to be in a hurry and just loitering around

Krono
October 19, 2012, 09:32 AM
Ok, now I want to know how is it possible that FT, even without its core member, always got the last place when Quatro Cerberus is in my opinion weaker.

Simple. They had horrible luck in the games portion, and they weren't strong enough at the time to win in any combat portions.

Zasz
October 19, 2012, 09:43 AM
Simple. They had horrible luck in the games portion, and they weren't strong enough at the time to win in any combat portions.

I can understand the terrible luck, but DAMN, excluding Bacchus, the other members are weaklings.
Even Droy could have defeated them.

Chris38
October 19, 2012, 10:01 AM
Well, this chapter is definitely interesting. The thing I wonder about, at the moment, is just how many fractions exist within the Royal Family / Fiore Government, since with each chapter we seem to be introduced to a next new character, who seems to be related to the Eclipse gate / has some plans on using it.

Overall, it seems that the Eclipse gate is going to be opened, no matter how many people are going to be arrested because of it.

Anyway, I wonder how the "rescue Lucy" mission is going to go, considering the fact that it isn't even the 7th day yet, and, also what kind of strategy Mavis has thought up to win the last tournament event.

Freid
October 19, 2012, 10:11 AM
I just don't understand how and why Bacchus is being made to look so weak. It just doesn't make a shred of sense. He was originally introduced as someone whose strength was supposed to rival Erza's 7 years ago. And then the only reason he was supposed to have lost to Elfman was because his style was weak against Elfman's lizardman scales, but he has been given the fodder treatment twice ever since. I just don't get it. This is a nasty case of jobbing and badass decay at its best: The process by which a badass becomes less of a badass. Now Bacchus seems to have been reduced to fulfilling the role of the guy who's just there to act tough so that other characters can wreck him to show how amazing they are. Its a shame, I really liked him too.

exacta
October 19, 2012, 10:25 AM
I'm disgusted with what Mashima does to Quatro Puppy. What the hell are these losers even doing here? How the hell is Bacchus "Erza level" if he gets beaten so easily all the time, especially by Sting who got humiliated by Natsu?

Really cool idea for the 5th day event, but a boring chapter. FT's a very lucky guild. They get to have Ultear pretty much hand them power ups, they get to get away with having Jellal on their team, and Mavis helps them a lot, lending Cana Fairy Glitter and memorizing the movements of every opponent in the tourney, plus they got to have two teams in this tournament.

llamapie
October 19, 2012, 11:26 AM
I'm disgusted with what Mashima does to Quatro Puppy. What the hell are these losers even doing here? How the hell is Bacchus "Erza level" if he gets beaten so easily all the time, especially by Sting who got humiliated by Natsu?

Really cool idea for the 5th day event, but a boring chapter. FT's a very lucky guild. They get to have Ultear pretty much hand them power ups, they get to get away with having Jellal on their team, and Mavis helps them a lot, lending Cana Fairy Glitter and memorizing the movements of every opponent in the tourney, plus they got to have two teams in this tournament.

I didn't like Bacchus getting beaten so badly either. Seemed like he should have had more fight in him, but ya. It just illustrates the level Natsu is on now. But ya Quattro Puppies existence is simply comedic relief at this point. They really have no other place.

TauCarlos
October 19, 2012, 12:26 PM
Not a great chapter, the only two notable things are the princess kinda looks like lucy and apparently Mavis will do more than just watch in this arc

SerpentTailedAngel
October 19, 2012, 01:01 PM
Minerva has a lot more common sense that Genma does. If she'd warped Sting away/Sting had fled from Kagura while Genma was watching he'd have tried to boot the poor guy out a second time-and kill Frosch while he was at it.

Chris38
October 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
manga stream's scan is out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/80426368/1

shnugin
October 19, 2012, 01:25 PM
I enjoyed the chapter. Of course the they showcased the fights, winnings, loses of people who are not plot wise relevant. Its just a moo-point. Sabertooth plans on taking out the weaklings and will probably reserve on taking down the big guns (Kagura, Jura, Erza, Laxus...) with a team fight or something. Did anybody notice how the hell did Rufus figure out that Fairy Tail isn't moving? Everyone is separated and I don't think its been mentioned in the manga about magic presence or something like bleach feeling someone's reiatsu. So where did that come from?

Mavis deduction on battle skills/magic/victory was unexpected and loving it! The fact that she keeps revealing to us more and more about her intelligence and skills is awesome! The moment the "guard" said sorry--I knew it was Mira.

Princess? That's cool. I wonder who the Queen is.. or was? I think she's evil. Fake Smile ain't gonna cut it LOL

kkck
October 19, 2012, 02:05 PM
I couldn't help but notice how dark the first page of the chapter was. "Frosh is all alone now"... Seriously, with the whole thing about lector being dead it is remarkably strange for mashima to do that. I doubt lector is actually dead but still...

Not much to comment on the chapter though.... Can't say I liked it too much. I mean, the only remarkable part was mavic conveying their fighting strategy but that was not in itself a good development. And why doesn't laxus just use fairy law? even jura would be fodder faced with that. I also question whether jura would be truly invincible here. He is without a doubt strong but we saw erza taking out the 100 monsters and laxus was to begin with stronger than her. Can we really expect at least laxus to not have a chance here? I want to see if grey is anywhere near natsu too, I think that would be one of the more interesting aspects of the upcoming fight.

Razh
October 19, 2012, 02:24 PM
I couldn't help but notice how dark the first page of the chapter was. "Frosh is all alone now"... Seriously, with the whole thing about lector being dead it is remarkably strange for mashima to do that. I doubt lector is actually dead but still...

Not much to comment on the chapter though.... Can't say I liked it too much. I mean, the only remarkable part was mavic conveying their fighting strategy but that was not in itself a good development. And why doesn't laxus just use fairy law? even jura would be fodder faced with that. I also question whether jura would be truly invincible here. He is without a doubt strong but we saw erza taking out the 100 monsters and laxus was to begin with stronger than her. Can we really expect at least laxus to not have a chance here? I want to see if grey is anywhere near natsu too, I think that would be one of the more interesting aspects of the upcoming fight.

I fear for Grey to be honest. Mashima even made him wear a dress (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/304/10). :teehee

Seriously though, I hope he shows off a little. He deserved it.

Don't really like how Bacchus was disposed of. He had no trouble being faster than Elfman's speed type takeover. Should we believe that Sting is so much faster? Bacchus barely had time to turn around. And I don't see why he would be pwned by just one punch. With falling momentum, but still.
Well, no use discussing it, what's done is done.

REN KOUEN
October 19, 2012, 02:25 PM
i cant wait to see what kind of strategy mavis has planned

and i love miras idea to infiltrate the castle, i cant wait to see her so demon takeover combined with natsus power and wendys magic

Krono
October 19, 2012, 02:26 PM
And why doesn't laxus just use fairy law? even jura would be fodder faced with that.

Fairy Law only targets those that the user identifies as enemies in their heart. If Fairy Law failed an enraged, murderous Laxus because in his heart he didn't see Fairy Tail as an enemies; it's going to fail to harm Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Quatro Puppy, and Mermaid Heel, because those guilds are just friendly rivals. It might not even work on Sabertooth as they're mainly just a bunch of jerks, not a true enemy. And it might hit the minister, or the army seeing as they've "arrested" Lucy under highly suspicious circumstances and are basically holding her hostage.

1337 haxor
October 19, 2012, 02:43 PM
I will sum up the chapter in one image:
http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/2800/604730-1.jpg

Damn that Mavis...

stevens41
October 19, 2012, 02:51 PM
I think that Mavis strategy will work to a point BUT the whole flashback showing the crying girl (can't remember her name) stating that they grossly miscalculated something, is going to play out. It is I think impossible for Mavis to know everything about every player when several of them have not even shown that much in terms of their abilities. Minerva is a wild card at this point, so if Rufus to a point, same with Jura and ESPECIALLY Kagura. We don't know what thier limits are, not even close to knowing. So I think that some of the big players are going to reveal powers or styles that are going to throw Mavis foretelling off.

There is a chance of course that the whole "We miscalculated" comment could be referring completely to something regarding the Eclipse plan instead of anything related to the fight itself. Over all I liked the chapter.

I think Minerva will face Erza and Kagura at the same time, it will be more like a threesome fight, each player against the other 2. Kagura is most likely going to go for Erza due to the Jeral issue.

Jura is probably going to fight Laxus and in the middle of the fight he might take a hit trying to protect Laxus from a third person, briging him down and letting Laxus finish that third player.

Sting and the Dark Dragin Slayer will get owned by Gajeel, it is his time to shine after all. The God Slayers might run into each other and fight, that might be interesting in my opinion but some people think that the Thunder GS will be reserved for Laxus so who knows.

Rufus will fight Gray I believe. Juvia might help.

zerocooldx
October 19, 2012, 03:27 PM
The most interesting part about this chapter to me was Minerva putting Kagura in the same category as Jura. Those are the only two people she acknowledges that can basically eliminate anyone they encounter it seems. Also what Mavis planned makes sense, she isn't making her calculations based off of someones top strength. If anything thats the smallest or least important variable in her equation. The way people tend to move and how they are psychology isn't a reflection of their magical power whats so ever. So regardless of how much someone has shown power wise they have all shown enough of themselves in order for Mavis to predict where they are most likely to be and head towards and why they would make those decisions.

wooticus
October 19, 2012, 03:42 PM
I love how Orga demolishes his opponents and then stands there like a Buddha with his hands folded, contemplating the existence of the grass-hopper.
It's almost as if he's asking for forgiveness after trashing them.

That's Jura.

Not an epic chapter indeed. Bacchus stompage sucked, Mavis (as always) totally got me. But afar from the fight progression and the introduction of that princess... what the fuck is with that Skirt Grey is wearing? His whole outfit is just ridiculously. Of course he will strip down as soon as he gets into a fight.. but man does he look stupid

lawlett-kun
October 19, 2012, 03:57 PM
nice chapter.Actually loved it and voted epic :hmph so you guys think hooded girl is hime? wasnt hooded one missing an arm? Wow now everyone wants to see this eclipse plan in action.Mkght as well just go with it. Mavis haha awesome just made my daaaay.I wonder if she has memory magic like Rufus or just xtremely strong analysis skills.I bet she was very strong mage alive..or maybe she still is

TauCarlos
October 19, 2012, 04:01 PM
Highly doubtful that the princess is the hooded chic but there has to be a reason she looks a lot like lucy

lawlett-kun
October 19, 2012, 04:03 PM
she looks like Lucy? maybe just blonde hair...To me she looks more younger version of that girl from Blue Pegasus.

Heriko
October 19, 2012, 04:15 PM
i like grey wearing that kilt, looks really nice :D
he will rip his shirt off, so it is even more awesome :D
Erza ist looking good, too.
But i really don't get it, why people underrate Grey so much. He still is Natsu's rival, more or less.
But for the chapter:
4 of the Fairies could get 2 strong oppenents:
Laxus - Ogra and Jura, i think they are both at his level, maybe Jura ist stronger. don't know
Erza - Minerva and Kagura
Gray - Rufus and Lyon
Gajelle - Sting and Rogue, like Natsu
but Juvia? really don't know.. :D but no one from Sabertooth.
maybe Shelia and Milliana. but wouldn't make sense.

Mavis face was indeed epic, but how the hell did she know that the Royal Rumble is like this?`
I mean, every Guild started at a different location. She can't possible know who runs into someone.

And for the leaders of the Team:
i think they are
Kagura for Mermaid Heel
Lyon for Lamia Scale (i really think, that it is not Jura. maybe :D)
Erza for Fairy Tail (yeah, not Laxus)
Parfum Guy for Blue Pegasus (forgot his name.... D: )
Minerva for Sabertooth (obvious i think)

Razh
October 19, 2012, 04:37 PM
i like grey wearing that kilt, looks really nice :D

Would have been cool if it was a kilt. But it's not, and he looks like a housemaid.

Ifrit
October 19, 2012, 04:43 PM
I think all Minerva hope is just to win this tournament, avoiding fighting the strong ones just to gain easy points, It is a smart thing to do, but also kinda weak from some1 consider him self strong.

I think Sabertooth strategy already known now, using Rufu to discover every1 place, then Minerva teleport some1 to that place, surprise attack win, then teleport again.

I bet Kagura would wipe the floor with Sting if he stood his ground there. Still not sure what is Mavis plan tho.

BACCHUS I feel sorry for him, he is not even near Erza level...just nonsense.

Uriel
October 19, 2012, 04:59 PM
I deeply love Mavis. I would love if She stays. :O

kidopitz27
October 19, 2012, 05:09 PM
I really think that the 2 versions of eclipse plan

The first one is to open the gates to kill zeref or the black dragon that is on the military side just like on the painting
The second one is on the royal family side and that is to side with zeref or the black dragon for the royal family status

dark angel KaRamo
October 19, 2012, 05:23 PM
When i saw Sting body slams Bacchus i was like damn right, but when Kagura burst in i was yeah i fight with Sting and her but he ran like a little bitch. so Sabertooth is afraid of Kagura and Jura they should be afraid of Laxus too.
Anyway i like how fairy tail didn't just rush in like they always do, they where calm and they waited. It's going down like i though with Sabertooth up to something. Can't wait the see this plan of Mavis to go down and her eyes was so EPIC when she said (She's going to lead them to victory). And just who is that Princess could that be Yukino's Sister that was kidnapped or just a new face and what the hell is Eclipse Plan 2, this is getting me hype for next weeks Chapter.

vansonbee
October 19, 2012, 08:26 PM
Got back from work, could of actually read this morning (or at work), but want to enjoy the chapter on my own time.

There was a interesting remark from Natsu, stating he does not care for the actual competition and he wanted to focus on Lucy. He did not mention anything about the idea of him being pick to go save Lucy, because he was a perfect candidate, due to the magic absorbing machine.

Bacchus getting one-shot by Sting was a sad moment, but it further proves that he has decent offensive skills, but horrible defense. Going back to Erza comment about how strong he was, I guess she was humble or only saw him at his best or she has gotten way stronger afterwards (meeting Lucy afterwards & on etc...).

Elfman was never top 10 in Fairy Tail manga from the beginning to the end. He was so swag by Bacchus in their match and only won with a that lizard spike form. Bacchus should of at least learn some projectile attack's, or wore steel bracer gloves. :derp:

Minerva command all ST member's to avoid Jura and Kagura, but no mention of the Erza or Laxus. There a few speculation's here:
1) Save the best for alast
2) She knows they're not on the move
Minerva the brain of the team, she isn't gonna under estimate a guy who one-shot a whole team (Raven Tail) and a goddess who massacre 100 monster's, including a boss, that might of been tough for Jura himself.

From the beginning of the introduction of Jura, I never thought he was strong or anything, compared to Erza at the time. I was "what the hell?" I bet Erza can be one of the 10 saints with ease. I guess that's wishful thinking thanks to the time-skip and seeing how hype up Jura is. :rolleyes:

I hope Kagura does not show us her real blade in this arc, maybe for a future arc, where Erza force to fight her, because of our blue hair man!

Lastly Mirajane abilities came in handy. I have always thought she can only turn into her demon form's. I wonder where the other 2 cat's are hiding. :perv:

Buggy
October 19, 2012, 10:51 PM
As for Bachus and Quatro Puppy - they lost the moment they gave up their guild name, the sacred thing of every guild. They weren't that strong by then, but since that moment they are nothing.

Funny how the almighty Sabertooth run from Kagura like little bitches. If you are the strongest and on top, you take all challengers head-on and defend your title. Despicable bunch from start till end.

SerpentTailedAngel
October 20, 2012, 12:03 AM
ST had the honor of being recognized as the number one guild, but if they have a wizard saint we haven't heard of it. They're collectively the best. Individual members may still be weaker than others, and there's more to being the best at something than brute force. Knowing which fights not to seek out isn't being weak, it's being smart.

MechR
October 20, 2012, 12:17 AM
I just don't understand how and why Bacchus is being made to look so weak. It just doesn't make a shred of sense. He was originally introduced as someone whose strength was supposed to rival Erza's 7 years ago. And then the only reason he was supposed to have lost to Elfman was because his style was weak against Elfman's lizardman scales, but he has been given the fodder treatment twice ever since. I just don't get it. This is a nasty case of jobbing and badass decay at its best: The process by which a badass becomes less of a badass. Now Bacchus seems to have been reduced to fulfilling the role of the guy who's just there to act tough so that other characters can wreck him to show how amazing they are. Its a shame, I really liked him too.
I can only assume his durability sucks and that he mainly gave Erza trouble due to dodging skills (which have been shut off for plot purposes). I, too, was hoping he'd get to do a little more in this event.

Did anybody notice how the hell did Rufus figure out that Fairy Tail isn't moving? Everyone is separated and I don't think its been mentioned in the manga about magic presence or something like bleach feeling someone's reiatsu. So where did that come from?
In the tournament's first event ("Hidden"), he memorized and tracked the other competitors' footsteps in a crowd of clones, so I guess he just has good hearing.

Marche
October 20, 2012, 03:33 PM
About Natsu team and Fiore princess:
Actually I really thought that Mira could transform herself in a guard and pretend to have captured them.
Infact in my comments about the composition of the two team I mentioned about her power of transformation.
Anyways I really hoped that this trick would have not been used here, because this is the same trick that was used in Edolas, I would not used the same trick again, for that reason sarcastically I did not mentioned in my comments that I posted in the 303’s chapter thread.
I believe that here we have the confirmation that the king is “pumpkin” http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/80426368/23.
The princess is really beautiful.
Anyways with this chapter we have the confirmation that at least one member of the Royal family is involved in this plan (infact until this chapter I believed that the king (in the truth for him I still think so) did not know about this plan).
I don’t know if she has good or evil will, but I am sure that she will mess up the strategy of the rescue team, because I am sure that she will go to met Lucy and Yukino the same time that Natsu, Wendy, Mira and the exceeds will reach them, because this would prevent their action (but this would happened even for the princess).

I don’t know if the princess has evil intentions, anyways I don’t think that she really wants to start a second plan of the eclipse.
Infact I interpret “eclipse 2 plan” as 2nd fase.
Infact the 1st stage would be that to take in someway (thanks to words or action) the stellar spirit wizard that have Golden Keys.
The 2nd would be that of use them for open the gateway of darkness.
Actually I thought since the beginning that they (in the truth only Arcadia) would try to open the gate in the last day of the tournements (that I thought would the 7 july), since all the attention would be for the tournament.

Anyways I don’t know if Arcadia is aware of this plan.
Infact Arcadia said to the minister of defense that he would make the move only after the end of the tournament, so for this reason he does not know about this plan.
For now I believe anyways that Arcadia is aware of the plan, infact he could have lied to the minister of defense because he knew than that minister was against the Eclipse Plan (infact Arcadia said that even here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/279/24, not only few chapters ago).
Beside even if for some reason that princess don’t want to defeat Zereff, if she would go back to the past for some reason (or if at the opposite she desire to go in the future, infact even this is a possibility), she has not reason to trick Arcadia.
Another two reasons that make me believe that Arcadia is aware of the plan is that even a normal knight is aware of this “eclipse 2 plan”, infact he is the one who suggest to the princess to proceed with the plan http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/279/24.
The second reason is that Arcadia is not in jail, neither with Lucy and Yukino or in a another prison.

P.S: Later I will write about the final day of the tournement.
I will write about the rules of the final battle, the one who has been eliminated and even about Fairy Tail strategy (with even the opponents that the various Fairy Tail wizard could encounter).

P.P.S: Anyways I really want to know your opinion of what I wrote in this post.

BonkersLord
October 20, 2012, 09:31 PM
If Natus did go back to the past trough the gate and met Zeref on the past, woudnt it be very likely that he also met Mavis? it would explain why she managed to have her able to be summoned when she did

Marche
October 21, 2012, 11:23 AM
Before of write about the grand magic games I will write something that I have forgotten to say in my lastest post:
The first is that Frosch is really cute in the cover page, I really felt her/his sadness.
The second is that if Arcadia is really a good boy, while the princess is evil they are opposite.
Infact their first appearance is the same, both of them see the tournament, but Arcadia seem evil and in the truth would be revealed that he is a good boy, while the princess seem an angel but in the truth she has an hearth of demon, just like how was Urtear (infact this phrase was a comment about Urtear in the Tenrou Island arc http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/239/2).

Grand Magic games:
To begin I was sure that in this lastest game we would have still have a points system, and that points would be added to the points of the general classification, just like I said in my comments in the thread for the chapter 303.
I even believed that we would have an elimination battle, that after one lose a battle he would be out by the tournament.

In the truth I hypothesized one scenarios where in the truth that battle was not at elimination battle, in that we would have something very similar to the first contest.
Even if I believed that we would have an elimination battle with all the fighters together I hoped that we would not have that.
I did not wanted that they would fight all in the same battlefield, I wanted to see more action of the minor character, so counting I thought that I believe that the battlefield would be only the colosseum I did not wanted that.
Another reason was that just like I said in my post of the last week I thought that if the battlefield would be only at the colosseum we have not be able to understand very wall what would happened, at least in the manga (infact in the anime with the animation we could undertand that).

With the whole city as the battlefield the problem to not have understood well the various fight is gone.
Unfortunetely by this chapter seem that the minor character will not be able to show us very well their power, they are immediately defeated.

P.S: I want to know what you believe about the eclipse 2 plan and how you judge the princess, if you believe that she has good or evil intentions.
I want to know how you would have structured this last game, particularly if you like the fact that after that one lose the tournement he/she is eliminated by the tournement.
P.P.S: I have already wrote about the various fight that happaned in this chapter, I give my opinion of it, I will post later (I have not poster here because otherwise this would post would be too long) and I hope that even of it you will give me your opinion.

In the next days if I will have enough time I will write about Fairy Tail tactician and even the various fight that I believe we will see it later in this tournament, not only that of Fairy Tail member.

El Maco
October 21, 2012, 02:37 PM
Marche,

what do you think could happen with both Lucy and Yukino in jail now? These two have the 13 Zodiac keys among them and I presume these keys have been confiscated only to reappear later on.

If there is such a strong opposition against the Eclipse plan, why isn't the Eclipse gate simply destroyed then? I suspect plans within plans within plans to use the Dune phrase.

Reading Chapters 302 and 303 again, there is some emphasis on changing the past "the way you want to". The minister may not want to destroy Zeref but simple use the Eclipse project to tweak a little thing here and there in the past for his or the Kings own purposes. After all, the dragons are a thing of the past and are no longer a danger to the Kingdom, hence their reluctancy to start messing with the dragons again. There are other purposes.

Marche
October 22, 2012, 06:12 AM
Here my comments about the various fight that happened in this chapter:
Three mages of Quatro Puppy (after this chapter it’more suited this name than Quatro Cerberus) have been taken out strong opponents, even if in the truth for them everyone was too strong, they are just fodder (for this reason perhaps they could stay together).
Regarding Bacchus I am really disappointed that he was defeated immediately without even defeating an enemy.
Infact that is what make me angry, not how he was defeated.
Infact he was ready to fight Toby and Yuka, but Sting came by the sky and knocked him away (over the normal power of the attack there is the addition of the force of gravity).
Infact I don’t think that Bacchus saw Sting, I believe than that stare was for Toby and Yuka.

Before that Toby and Yuka are able to challenge Sting they are defeated by Kagura, by an attack from behind.
To tell the truth I am surprised by that, Kagura really seem a female samurai, so I did not thought that she would attack from behind.
Another thing is that the trio formed by Eve, Hibiki and Ren defeat the tag team of Mermaid Hell formed by Beth and Arania.
I am really disappointed, I hoped to see more by Beth and Arania, they participated only in the first day, and particularly for Beth I have undertood well her power, I hope at least to see that in the anime.

Really interessant that Minerva transport Sting and says that it’s useless to fight Kagura or Jura, they would only lose the members.
I am really surprised I thought that just like Gemma he believed that the others guild were all trash.
Anyways Mermaid Hell and Lamia Scale even if they already take 3 points and are only one point behind Fairy Tail have already lose 2 members, while Sabertooth other thank took 5 points have already all their memebers, just like Blue Pegasus (even if they took only two points and their gap with Fairy Tail is bigger).
Anyways Jenny, Ichiya, Chelia, Rufus, Rogue, Orga and Minerva have not fought yet (for now I don’t think that Minerva will fight, she will guide the others just like he did with Sting in this chapter, at least until all the other member are able to fight).

hossice
October 22, 2012, 03:05 PM
All I have to say is, Juvia better not get trolled a second time. Bacchus is already too much. I'm sure Gajeel won't a second time, but ya never know -_- Somehow, Natsu will come in and beat everyone, and they will allow it because it's in the name of "friendship!!!!!"

Marche
October 23, 2012, 06:13 AM
In this post I will write about Fairy Tail's tactician, but not of the wizard that they will fight, I will write about it in another post in this thread, or if I will not have enought time I will write about it in the thread of the next chapter.
I hope if you agree of what I wrote here or if there is something that you don't agree with.

Anyways after this introduction I will post my comments:
I think that Mavis decided that would be better if they would stayed there because just like she said they must remain calm.
Because is it true that if they would immediately fight they could gain some easy points (even if in the truth that was not so sure, because infact before to encounter weak opponents they could met and fight strong enemy).
Beside if they would fight since the beginning of the tournament they would be taken from the frenzy, they would do things without thinking, they would be guided by emotions and the by the desire to save Lucy, allowing the enemies to attack them.
Instead thanks to the fact that they stayed there, they were able to settle down their emotions, now they are calm and lucid for the battle.
That is really the reason why Natsu is not in the team, there is no way that he would be able to stay calm and remain there.

Anyways regarding the leader I believe it’s Erza, because she is person that always is at the center http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/303/17 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/304/10 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/304/19.
If the leader would be really her I don’t agree with that decision, I think than that would a bad choice.
Infact most likely she and Luxus (and perhaps even Lluvia) will be the one who will fight the strongest opponents, I would have picked Gazille, since most likely he would fight Rogue and other opponents, but less stronger than them.

Mavis says that she recorded not only the enemy’s battle power, magic but even and more important the mental state and action patterns.
She even said that with that she simulated countless fights and affirms that for now everything went as she planned.
For that reason I believe that she knew the compositions of the groups, the one that would have go alone, who would have made a tag team or that Eve, Hibiki and Ren would have made a trio.

Anyways I believe that there will be few mistakes for that.
The big mistake will be about Kagura strength, if she would unsheathe her sword her power her power would multiply exponentially.
The second is if she really chosed Erza as team leader, that could be a problem, because if she will met Milliana or Kagura if one of them would speak about Mistgun/Gerard there is the possibilities that she would lose her sangfroid.
Another is Sting, since perhaps he could have received a nakama powerup (even if I don’t think than that would be big problem).
Anyways I really like Sting now, because after Natsu humiliated him and after Lector’s death he lost his cocky attitude, now he really seem gentle and kind (just like happened with Mira after the incident with Lisanna).

I was forgotten to say that I believe that she was able to do thanks to Lumen Histoire.
Infact I believe that other than probably being the opposite of the gateway of darkness, a gateway of light, that can be used for balance the things.
But I believe that it is even a great database, an archive (just like that of Hibiki, but even bigger) where are registered all the type of magic that are in the history, even the one that are lost magic.
The only thing that I am not sure if in it are even recordered the dark magic that Zereff uses (for now I believe that even those are recordered).

Giga_Gaia
October 24, 2012, 09:44 AM
Fairy tail are gonna finish this next chapter. Watch them beat everyone else on the map and wins the tournament.

Also, Lamia Scale overestimate Jura too much. I bet Laxus and Erza could beat him. Jellal would have been able to beat him if he could have used all his magic too.

Same for Natsu and Gajeel, they could beat him as well.

Ifrit
October 24, 2012, 10:16 AM
Lamia Scale overestimate Jura too much.

There is no doubt about Erza or Laxus power, but I disagree Jura is quite powerful. If there is some1 to take him out I would like it to be Laxus + Orga Vs Jura.

Jura is a beast. I can't say Laxus can go hand to hand with him. Since he disappoint me very much against HADES...it showed a different Laxus from the one who would never give up that easily without going all out.

and I can't think of anything better from laxus to do other than activating that freaking Hall of Thunder of his and burn every1

Marche
October 24, 2012, 12:31 PM
Now I will about the various fight that I believe will happened that will not indirectly involve Fairy Tail, although if I will write some words about the fight that will involve the member of Fairy Tail (but not of everyone and anyways without going into it, infact I will write about their fight after reading the next chapter).
Anyways this is what I think will happened:
1) I think that Orga will fight and win against Chelia, before losing against Luxus.
Infact I believe this fight will happened because most likely by the reaction of Orga here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/288/5 Orga is the lighting god slayer.
I believe that she will beat Chelia with at least two hit of this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/285/16 .
I think that because Chelia after the first hit will be able to heal herself only partially, because the wounds will be very heavy.
This will make appear Orga’s attack very powerfull, because that attack will be matched with the attack of Wendy, from which Chellia has been able to recover completely.
If I am wrong Orga could defeat Jenny, even if in the truth I don’t believe it.

2) I believe that we will see Risley vs Ichiya, since both of them can change the shape of their body.
Since most likely Ichiya will be the leader of Blue Pegasus I don’t think that he will lose.
After I believe that Ichiya will be defeated by one between Rogue or Gazille, even if in the truth I would really if she will be defeated by Erza, even if I don’t think will happened (I will write when I will speak of Erza).
Since Jenny is weak she could stay with Ichiya, if it so there is the possibility that she will be defeated by Risley (because counting that Risley a girl she could not seduce her), before of the fight between Risley and Ichiya.

3) I don’t know who will be the next opponent of Sting, perhaps just like Rogue he could defeat Ichiya or most likely Jenny (since I don’t think that Sting or even others wizard of Sabertooth will take out another team leader).
There is the possibilities that Rogue and Sting would formed a tag team against Gazille, but I don’t think this will happened, since Rogue is interested only in Gazille and don’t care for the tournament I believe he would refuse Sting’s proposal (if he will ask that), and if Sting will insist he could knock him down (even if it’s unlikely that Rogue will do it).

4) If I am wrong about the fact that Chellia will be defeated by Orga, she could unite with Lyon and then they could defeat Eve, Ren and Hibiki.
Since Hibiki is not a fighter he will be the first that will be defeated, then we will have Lyon vs Eve (ice vs snow) and Chelia vs Ren, infact both of them can use the air and have a connection with Sherry (but in the truth I hope that this will not be the case, because otherwise this fight will be too similar to that of Wendy and Chelia).
If this will not be the case then they could be defeated by Sting and Rogue together (since the snow is white, Sting could eat Eve’s attack).
Otherwise they could be defeated by Rufus alone.
Rufus will use not only Mira’s attack as in the single match against Eve, but even other attack, like that of Natsu or Orga.
There is the possibilies that Ren will not be defeater (after that Hibiki and Eve will be defeated by someone, he will leave, and then he will fight later with Gazille).

5) Lyon as I said could defeat with Chelia the trio of Blue Pegasus.
But there is the possibilities that he will fight Rufus together with Gray (I will explain better when I will write about Gray’s fight, that I have decided will happened after reading the nex chapter (just like for the others member of Fairy Tail)).
If this will be the case, then I don’t think that Rufus will defeating something, the fact that for defeat him were needed the combination force of Gray and Lyon would be enough to prove his strength.
If Gray will fight Gray alone, Lyon could fight with Jenny, and then after defeating her he will lose against Lluvia.
If this will be case would be interessant if Jenny will try to seduce him, but then fail miserably, but then Lyon will fall against Lluvia.
Would be even more funny if this will happened even if Lluvia will not try to seduce him (I will say more detail when I will write about Lluvia).

P.S: I hope that someone will read my post, even if perhaps it's too long.
I hope this because I want to know your opinion, if you agree with me or if you will not believe that will happened this fight.
Anyways I really hope that next fight will be longer.

Aranilas
October 24, 2012, 05:35 PM
There is no doubt about Erza or Laxus power, but I disagree Jura is quite powerful. If there is some1 to take him out I would like it to be Laxus + Orga Vs Jura.

Jura is a beast. I can't say Laxus can go hand to hand with him. Since he disappoint me very much against HADES...it showed a different Laxus from the one who would never give up that easily without going all out.

and I can't think of anything better from laxus to do other than activating that freaking Hall of Thunder of his and burn every1

I don't think so (what you wrote about the part with Hades).
I think this fight, was one of the proudest moments, I've seen from Laxus.
He showed enought of HOW strong he was before, but gave his power - though he (and all the others too) knew he could have won this fight - to a member of the guild he loves, he's proud of and he's deeply bound to, so that a mage, who wears the mark of this guild, can defeat Hades.

This gesture showed how Laxus turned from an egoistical monster to a person with principes, dignity, respect and proud.
This gesture represents much more of his power, than any win.

By the way - I also hope, he shows in the tournament, what he is really able to. =)

crimsonlink310
October 24, 2012, 09:16 PM
Marche some advice man. You share wayyyyy too much at one time. Go over one topic at a time. Its too time consuming trying to read your whole post and then try and answer all of them. You have seriously good points that I agree and disagree with but man would it be a pain to reply to you.

shnugin
October 24, 2012, 10:09 PM
Marche some advice man. You share wayyyyy too much at one time. Go over one topic at a time. Its too time consuming trying to read your whole post and then try and answer all of them. You have seriously good points that I agree and disagree with but man would it be a pain to reply to you.

Thank you!! Ive been trying to respond something to him but I couldn't do it without flipping out. You said it right. Glad I'm not the only one.

Marche
October 25, 2012, 12:19 AM
Thank you for your advice "crimsonlink310".
What I really would like is what you think of my lastest post, the others post are not so important, you could skip it.

Zsych
October 25, 2012, 05:56 AM
I wonder what kind of time travel mechanic will be used in Fairy Tail. On one side, its been implied that events are pre-determined, on the other hand lots of Fairy Tail is about to get killed in the near future according to what Levy said.

So maybe time has been altered once already and this is the second time that the past will be altered, feeding on the results of the first alteration.

I wonder what team will finally end up going back in time. I'm hoping Team Jellal and the cowled girl, go with.

El Maco
October 25, 2012, 08:10 AM
on the other hand lots of Fairy Tail is about to get killed in the near future according to what Levy said.

Even that's not certain. In the Levy diary scene (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297/16), she only says that "... died and also ...". I've learned that if something's not explicitly mentioned in this manga, it's not what you think it will be. :verily

EDIT:
Also, Levy may think they died while maybe they just got transported away in a manner that looked like they got killed (like that SaberTooth cat).

Zsych
October 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
I've considered the possibility that she might've gotten faked out but the cowled person also gave Jellal the impression that the situation was hopeless, so I think the future does need changing... and its a bigger triumph if they change destiny.

FaustXIII
October 25, 2012, 02:16 PM
Their Plan will involve using FAIRY LAW :verily

:kamina :victory

Zasz
October 25, 2012, 02:21 PM

IMMHA FIRIN MAH FAIRY LAW. :sexyarf
Jokes aside it wouldn't be a bad plan. :super

Duniak
October 25, 2012, 03:17 PM

Laxus goes against Jura, they can't land a hit on each other.

Laxus: Shit, I'm bored. Fairy Law!
Beep beep beep
Fairy Tail+50 points, winner!

NAM61
October 25, 2012, 04:06 PM
dont know why but anyone think the mystery girl could be the princess maybe she will become friends with natsu soon and that is why she cried.

Zasz
October 25, 2012, 04:41 PM
dont know why but anyone think the mystery girl could be the princess maybe she will become friends with natsu soon and that is why she cried.

May be, but to me those tears are the result of years of friendship.
In other words the hooded girl must be a core membre of FT; but obviously that's just my opinion.

zerocooldx
October 25, 2012, 05:22 PM

No way. Fairy Law is a last resort ability that acts as a deterrent more then anything else when facing an enemy that is aware of such an ability. Both Makarov and Hades basically acknowledged this fact. Its definitely not a power to be used in something like a tournament.

Kuza
October 25, 2012, 05:42 PM
No way. Fairy Law is a last resort ability that acts as a deterrent more then anything else when facing an enemy that is aware of such an ability. Both Makarov and Hades basically acknowledged this fact. Its definitely not a power to be used in something like a tournament.

They used fairy glitter already so why not law? Mavis is pissed and wants the win, idk about Makarov. It's more like they just don't need it to win since they've got a plan

ghostexiled
October 25, 2012, 06:51 PM
They used fairy glitter already so why not law? Mavis is pissed and wants the win, idk about Makarov. It's more like they just don't need it to win since they've got a plan

It's been stated many times already... he would not be able to successfully use Fairy Law cause it only attacks those that the user sees as a true enemy or threat.

This was the reason Laxus failed with it when he tried it back when he was facing the Guild. In his heart he did not see his fellow guild members as true enemies.

The other guilds in the tourney are not seen as "enemies"... at best just rivals or opponents.

They have not done anything really that would make Laxus see them as enemies of that nature... yet.

k0dach1
October 25, 2012, 07:13 PM
May be, but to me those tears are the result of years of friendship.
In other words the hooded girl must be a core membre of FT; but obviously that's just my opinion.

It is also possible that something will happen between FT and the princess in the next few episodes.

But as of now, nothing is certain.

Cat Snipe
October 25, 2012, 10:53 PM
For the Identity of the hooded girl, I see two qualifications that must be met.
1) The girl has to be someone that knew natsu in the past present and or future as why else would she be so emotional doring the dragons slayer battle.
2) If the girl is the future self of someone, they could not have been at the fight between the dragon slayers as they would have seen the battle and would not have been so emotional about it the second time around.

Since levy was at the battle, she is out. But Lucy was not there beacuse of her injuries from the naval battle and yukino was at the palace. That leaves 2 known canidates left but some new character could pop up as the girl like the princess.

zerocooldx
October 25, 2012, 10:54 PM

First off Fairy Glitter was use on an object and not a person. And second of all Fairy Law and Fairy Glitter (in the hands of a novice to boot) are two very different things. Also who said Mavis is pissed? She is just using her ability to strategize in order to assist her guild, no where did i see a hint of her being pissed. Point being is that Fairy Law is clearly a deterrent magic that is only a last resort ability to be used on opponents who are threatening the lives of guild members. Not to mention that at best only ST members might be effected by it if performed under the most ideal circumstances. Ie. Shit really hits the fan and an all out battle outside of the tournament rules occurs where FT members are in real jeopardy. Other then that there was a better shot of QS winning the tournament then for FT to use Fairy Law in a guild competition.

Morlun
October 26, 2012, 02:41 AM
Fairy Law destroys enemies, not adversaries. It could have nefarious effects, like hitting people in the palace, and would most definitely leave Blue Pegasus, Lamia and Mermaid Heel intact.