PDA

View Full Version : Raine's Wrap-Up- 339

Raine_Joybringer
January 29, 2007, 03:54 AM
:woo~~Raine’s Wrap-Up 339~~:woo

[b]~Chapter 339: New Technique!~

I haven’t done one of these in a while, I have to apologise! It’s been a very busy time for me. But finally getting around to doing a Wrap-Up is great. And speaking of great things- what a chapter! Well, let’s get to it then, shall we?

[b]~One Disappointment?:~

Actually just first, I need to say that I’ve been a little sad we haven’t had any proper front covers in a while... but I suppose I shouldn’t complain. We’re being treated to an awesome story, not to mention it’s not long now until Shippuuden starts! In any case though, I wonder what will be the feature of the next cover when we finally get one? I’m sure the colourists will be happy for one at least.

~Shikamaru’s Determination! The End of Hidan?:~

We saw Shikamaru’s plan start to make sense last chapter when he created that hole. After all, how would you get rid of someone who is immortal? You can’t kill them, so logically the only way to stop them is by putting them in a situation they can’t get out of. In this case, Shikamaru used a hole to trap Hidan and then bury him.

You gotta feel sorry for Hidan I suppose. No, not that he’s been buried alive, but because he’s just had his head served on a platter (in a matter of speaking). Not only was Hidan defeated by Shikamaru, but his whole purpose of playing judge to mortals has been cut short. For once, he got a taste of his own kind of punishment with Shikamaru playing judge on him! And what a way to go; laughing all the way, just like the madman he is.

Of course, I think that we shouldn’t exactly count Hidan out just yet. Just as falling off a cliff is never an indication of death, being buried alive is pretty ambiguous. In a way, this makes me remember the old Aladdin Disney movies, where although Jafar was defeated, he appeared once more the next movie after being dug up. So for all we know, Hidan could appear again in the future after having been dug up by someone. But hopefully that day won’t arrive.

Shikamaru... wow, what a kid! He finally got his revenge. Even when he was on the verge of chakra exhaustion, he was still a step ahead of the bunch. I think it’s really quite the possibility that he’ll end up as a world-class shinobi one day (if he already isn’t one!). He might not become Hokage because of his laziness, but I can definitely see him as being on the Konoha council someday.

I don’t know if anyone saw my comment on what is the “King” Asuma was talking about in the ‘Questions still to be answered’ topic in the Toshokan, but I have to believe that he may have meant that “The Will of Fire” is it. It would seem to make sense that a village’s determination to prosper would be what rules.

~Naruto’s Growth! What is that Jutsu?:~

Hm, well firstly I have to admit something I was little confused on... and that is why Kishimoto didn’t include any reactions from either Ino or Chouji when Kakuzu said Naruto was the Nine-Tails Jinchuuriki. I guess it isn’t exactly important at the moment? Either way, they must have heard.

Okay, back to it. Kakashi has given the scoop on Kakuzu to Yamato and Naruto. And we know that the guy still has three more spare lives up his sleeve. It’s like some kind of twisted video game, that’s for sure. And Kakuzu is one hell of a scary looking boss! Naruto is really going to have to step up to the challenge for this one!

But, I think we’re really starting to see how much he’s changed now. He’s gotten a lot more serious, and it’s obvious that his whole style of battle has evolved. Remember the first time he came face to face with Deidara and Sasori? Yup, he charged right in without thinking. This time is entirely different- he tested Kakuzu’s strength first and analysed the situation without putting himself in a needless risk (though, we do have to remember that he was also pretty emotional last time with the death of Gaara. Still, he has become a lot stricter with himself now).

Heh, you know, I’m pretty sure that I got it right once before when I said that Kakashi injured his hand testing either a Chidori or Rasengan against Naruto. And you gotta love that flashback. I think that Kakashi seeing the vision of Yondaime and his similarity with Naruto is the last step in finally acknowledging Naruto’s strength and potential. It really is possible now that he sees Naruto as a worthy (or even greater) ninja he could be proud to work alongside with, just as he did with the Fourth.

And now to the highlight of this chapter, finally seeing (well, half-seeing) the fruition of Naruto’s hard work- Fuuton; Rasen Shuriken!

I know there will probably be a few of you that are a bit disappointed with the Rasen Shuriken (either from the similarity to the Destructo Disk from DBZ or because it isn’t exactly big and flashy...), but you need to think about it a bit more because it is actually quite ingenious in terms of Naruto creating it.

Yes, that’s right, Naruto created it. The form had to be thought of first before it was created. It didn’t just appear as he was going. And it is very clever. Naruto took what Asuma said to heart about wind chakra being a natural slicing tool. What better than a giant bladed edge? I hadn’t thought it would come to that, that’s for sure! I had figured it’d be something like what we saw previously with the big tornado. Though, I don’t think I should cast that idea aside just yet either- we’ve yet to see what more the Rasen Shuriken can do apart from sit in Naruto’s hand and look pretty.

Another thing to mention here is that maybe this isn’t so dissimilar from Naruto’s first encounter with Deidara and Sasori... and perhaps Kishimoto is a lot sneakier than we think. Remember that Naruto also used a giant shuriken the first time? Now there’s something to ponder! Was Kishimoto borrowing from that idea, or had that been a clue this entire time?

~Wrap-Up!:~

And finally, I need to say that I love the expressions in this chapter: Shikamaru’s ‘it’s over’ look; Hidan’s face after Shikamaru said he was his god at the moment; the little sweat drop on Kakuzu’s face as he saw Naruto’s jutsu; and finally, Naruto’s look of focus and determination.

I don't really have a prediction, but we’re going to see big things next chapter, that's for sure! So I hope you’re as excited as I am! ;)

jester065
January 29, 2007, 07:49 AM
boooo! hidan still alive.... just watch he going to come back!! :p

dimska
January 29, 2007, 08:57 AM
Hm, well firstly I have to admit something I was little confused on... and that is why Kishimoto didn’t include any reactions from either Ino or Chouji when Kakuzu said Naruto was the Nine-Tails Jinchuuriki. I guess it isn’t exactly important at the moment? Either way, they must have heard.

I was quite surprised too: Sakura didn't know about tailed beasts at the beginning of the rescue gaara arc (chap 256) so it seems very odd that Ino and Chouji who aren't that close to Naruto should know that the nine tails is sealed within him.

Even though they are in combat, I'm sure anybody would at least have a reaction if they heard that the most evil and powerlful demon who almost destroyed your village is sealed inside a friend of yours (who also happens to be 3 meters in front of you). I hope we will have some kind of reaction next chapter about that. If they were to know about Naruto, it would mean that Sarutobi's effort to keep Naruto anonymous wasn't very succesful...

jester065
January 29, 2007, 11:48 AM
I was quite surprised too: Sakura didn't know about tailed beasts at the beginning of the rescue gaara arc (chap 256) so it seems very odd that Ino and Chouji who aren't that close to Naruto should know that the nine tails is sealed within him.

Even though they are in combat, I'm sure anybody would at least have a reaction if they heard that the most evil and powerlful demon who almost destroyed your village is sealed inside a friend of yours (who also happens to be 3 meters in front of you). I hope we will have some kind of reaction next chapter about that. If they were to know about Naruto, it would mean that Sarutobi's effort to keep Naruto anonymous wasn't very succesful...

yeah i was wondering that too but it could also be that it wasn't loud enough for them to hear... you know like he was just talking out loud to himself or just in range for naruto

Raine_Joybringer
January 29, 2007, 11:52 AM
boooo! hidan still alive.... just watch he going to come back!! :p

I don't like Hidan as a person, but as a manga character he is awesome- very different. I don't care if he comes back or not, though he does bring a bit of refreshment to it for some reason. :)

Yes, I'm hoping we'll get that sorted out soon too. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if Shikamaru had already worked it out and told Ino and Chouji beforehand, which would stand to reason why there was no reaction. Still, it's a rather strange situation now.

yeah i was wondering that too but it could also be that it wasn't loud enough for them to hear... you know like he was just talking out loud to himself or just in range for naruto

That's possible too, but it doesn't quite seem like Kishimoto's style to do that. It seems too bizarre for something like that- ie. "We couldn't hear because although we're ninja who are supposed to have excellent senses, we didn't hear that super important plot point."

jester065
January 29, 2007, 11:58 AM
I don't like Hidan as a person, but as a manga character he is awesome- very different. I don't care if he comes back or not, though he does bring a bit of refreshment to it for some reason. :)

Yes, I'm hoping we'll get that sorted out soon too. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if Shikamaru had already worked it out and told Ino and Chouji beforehand, which would stand to reason why there was no reaction. Still, it's a rather strange situation now.

That's possible too, but it doesn't quite seem like Kishimoto's style to do that. It seems too bizarre for something like that- ie. "We couldn't hear because although we're ninja who are supposed to have excellent senses, we didn't hear that super important plot point."

Thats true.. i didn't think of it that way... so then we may see somethnig about it next chapter and that would change alot i think on how they act around him... i would kinda wanna see how hinata would feel about it and the others

kadodo
January 29, 2007, 12:16 PM
Now, the question is will Naruto hold kakuzu with two his shadow clones and hit him with the new jutsu or

Will he be fast enought to catch Kakuzu.

La_Muerte
January 29, 2007, 02:10 PM
i think that hidan may come back just because they got that Zetsu guy who is one with the soil so even though shikamaru says nobody can go in his familys forest that may not be enough for somebody who can sync with the ground

Raine_Joybringer
January 29, 2007, 11:26 PM
Thats true.. i didn't think of it that way... so then we may see somethnig about it next chapter and that would change alot i think on how they act around him... i would kinda wanna see how hinata would feel about it and the others

It's only a matter of time now until the others find out. Ino seems like the gossipy type anyway. I don't think any of them would really care after the initial shock though.

Now, the question is will Naruto hold kakuzu with two his shadow clones and hit him with the new jutsu or

Will he be fast enought to catch Kakuzu.

Ah, good point. Kakuzu is pretty fast and has a large area he can cover within his circle. We'll have to hope Naruto can change things around quickly in order to catch him off-guard.

i think that hidan may come back just because they got that Zetsu guy who is one with the soil so even though shikamaru says nobody can go in his familys forest that may not be enough for somebody who can sync with the ground

I actually had a thought that perhaps Zetsu would play a part in bringing Hidan back. Though, it's possible nobody in the Akatsuki would really want him back, considering his manners anyway.

qwan3356
January 30, 2007, 12:01 AM
I actually had a thought that perhaps Zetsu would play a part in bringing Hidan back. Though, it's possible nobody in the Akatsuki would really want him back, considering his manners anyway.

I think they will just let him rot, he's really annoying,
BTW, good review!

Raseru
January 30, 2007, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the great review, my fellow Australian! ^^ It's nice to see another review from you. Keep up the great work. :kkthumbs

Raine_Joybringer
January 30, 2007, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the great review, my fellow Australian! ^^ It's nice to see another review from you. Keep up the great work. :kkthumbs

;D Hopefully there will be lots more to follow.

Goji
January 30, 2007, 10:31 AM
Besides reading GK's comments I also love reading yours Raine! It's like when reading the two comments/wrap-up's you obtain full info about the chapter. ^^ They add up nicely!

Now I'm just really excited for the next chapter, where I hope we'll finally see some naruto fighting-action! :woot

Raine_Joybringer
January 30, 2007, 10:37 AM
Besides reading GK's comments I also love reading yours Raine! It's like when reading the two comments/wrap-up's you obtain full info about the chapter. ^^ They add up nicely!

Now I'm just really excited for the next chapter, where I hope we'll finally see some naruto fighting-action! :woot

Hehe, thanks! I'm not as comprehensive as GK, but I try my best to put things the way I see it. :)

Ayah
January 30, 2007, 01:30 PM
Raine! :glomp I miss your reviews. Guess I'll be making opinions on comments again :D

~One Disappointment?:~

I hope I'm not imagining things but I remember people saying "These covers look random. Can't we have a cover that has something to do with the current arc?". While I bet colorists are itching for a proper cover to work on, no cover page gives an additional page devoted to story. I don't know if 340 would have one, but I read 341 will have a colored page. Don't forget that not too long ago, we were treated with a color spread of Team Yamato. It may be colored already, but that doesn't stop cleaners to strip off the colors and redraw the lineart for those who want to make their version of the page/s.

I don't feel sorry for Hidan. He may be awesome as a character, but I think he was written for other characters to be, at least, annoyed at. Reading what Shikamaru said in 338 made me think of the Golden Rule actually (and that has its variants in other religions and cultures), and seeing the aftermath here has me thinking "Serves him right!". At least his "farewell" in this chapter is something in character - laughing like a maniac. Wait, he IS one. Anyway, Hidan shouting that Shikamaru woulde receive punishment from Jashin sounds like this won't be the last time we would see of him. However, if he ever reappears again, I think it would be right before he gets eaten by Zetsu. What use does Akatsuki have of him is he's dismembered? Kakazu must survive for Hidan to be of any purpose to their goal.

Shikamaru... he rules this arc. Okay, that's a premature declaration but this is his moment to shine. Sasuke used to have the most character development, but Shika overthrew him in that position with this arc. This part plus the latter part of 338 is his defining moment, more than Asuma's death IMO.

I was actually wondering if Ino and Chouji heard about Naruto being a jinchuuriki too. If they did, that leaves Team 8 in the dark. If they did hear it, I think questions would be asked later, after the fight. Right now, their attention is at Naruto. What could their former classmate possibly do against an Akatsuki member?

Comparing Kakuzu to a videogame boss sounds like something I should expect in whatever Naruto game that will have him in it. I wonder how hard would he be? At least we see Naruto being less reckless now. You'd think he did not change when he made his bunshins rush towards Kakuzu but surprise! Naruto was analyzing Kakuzu. That's something you don't see him do everyday.

Rasen Shuriken... I think it's big and flashy, contrary to what others think. It also looks like it could hurt a lot when hit by it. I want to see this part animated and be more amazed while watching it in action. Shuriken are a defining tool associated with ninja so it makes sense to me that a wind blade created and to be used by a ninja would look like it. A kunai is also another weapon associated with ninja, but a shuriken seems more destructive. A kunai pierces while a shuriken can slice. It also appears to me that Kishimoto likes incorporating shuriken way back in the Wave Country arc with Sasuke's fuuma shuriken. I may be stretching this one but it also brings a distinction between Naruto and Yondaime, despite the comparison in the same chapter. Yondaime is more associated with kunai :tem

I agree with all the expressions you listed except for Kakuzu's because I wasn't paying too much attention to him. I was still blown away (pun not intended) with the Yondaime-Naruto panel in the previous page. That one was really nice. Making predictions isn't something I usually do; I prefer to see for myself what the mangaka wants in his/her story. I think I would have said more had I posted here before GK's. Good job! :amuse

Raine_Joybringer
January 31, 2007, 01:19 AM
Raine! :glomp I miss your reviews. Guess I'll be making opinions on comments again :D

I hope I'm not imagining things but I remember people saying "These covers look random. Can't we have a cover that has something to do with the current arc?". While I bet colorists are itching for a proper cover to work on, no cover page gives an additional page devoted to story. I don't know if 340 would have one, but I read 341 will have a colored page. Don't forget that not too long ago, we were treated with a color spread of Team Yamato. It may be colored already, but that doesn't stop cleaners to strip off the colors and redraw the lineart for those who want to make their version of the page/s.

Yeah, an extra page is always better I suppose ^_^ And that latest colour spread was a treat regardless.

I don't feel sorry for Hidan. He may be awesome as a character, but I think he was written for other characters to be, at least, annoyed at. Reading what Shikamaru said in 338 made me think of the Golden Rule actually (and that has its variants in other religions and cultures), and seeing the aftermath here has me thinking "Serves him right!". At least his "farewell" in this chapter is something in character - laughing like a maniac. Wait, he IS one. Anyway, Hidan shouting that Shikamaru woulde receive punishment from Jashin sounds like this won't be the last time we would see of him. However, if he ever reappears again, I think it would be right before he gets eaten by Zetsu. What use does Akatsuki have of him is he's dismembered? Kakazu must survive for Hidan to be of any purpose to their goal.

Good point :) I did like Hidan because he was rather refreshing to the series, but now, if he does return with Kakuzu, it'd be pointless to keep him on. Hm... either way it's bad news for him.

Shikamaru... he rules this arc. Okay, that's a premature declaration but this is his moment to shine. Sasuke used to have the most character development, but Shika overthrew him in that position with this arc. This part plus the latter part of 338 is his defining moment, more than Asuma's death IMO.

Yeah, gotta agree with you there! :)

I was actually wondering if Ino and Chouji heard about Naruto being a jinchuuriki too. If they did, that leaves Team 8 in the dark. If they did hear it, I think questions would be asked later, after the fight. Right now, their attention is at Naruto. What could their former classmate possibly do against an Akatsuki member?

With all that's going on, they must be pretty focussed. Still, I have the slight belief that they already may have known (with Shikamaru's help, of course).

Comparing Kakuzu to a videogame boss sounds like something I should expect in whatever Naruto game that will have him in it. I wonder how hard would he be? At least we see Naruto being less reckless now. You'd think he did not change when he made his bunshins rush towards Kakuzu but surprise! Naruto was analyzing Kakuzu. That's something you don't see him do everyday.

D: Oh geez, Kakuzu in a video game! That'd be way too scary for me! And yes, I was really surprised by the change in Naruto's strategy. I hope we get to see heaps more out of him too.

Rasen Shuriken... I think it's big and flashy, contrary to what others think. It also looks like it could hurt a lot when hit by it. I want to see this part animated and be more amazed while watching it in action. Shuriken are a defining tool associated with ninja so it makes sense to me that a wind blade created and to be used by a ninja would look like it. A kunai is also another weapon associated with ninja, but a shuriken seems more destructive. A kunai pierces while a shuriken can slice. It also appears to me that Kishimoto likes incorporating shuriken way back in the Wave Country arc with Sasuke's fuuma shuriken. I may be stretching this one but it also brings a distinction between Naruto and Yondaime, despite the comparison in the same chapter. Yondaime is more associated with kunai :tem

*has a fangirl moment imagining the RasenShuriken animated* Eeee... <3 I never thought about the comparison between Naruto and Yondy there with kunai and shuriken- nice.

I agree with all the expressions you listed except for Kakuzu's because I wasn't paying too much attention to him. I was still blown away (pun not intended) with the Yondaime-Naruto panel in the previous page. That one was really nice. Making predictions isn't something I usually do; I prefer to see for myself what the mangaka wants in his/her story. I think I would have said more had I posted here before GK's. Good job! :amuse

:) I dunno why I liked that little sweatdrop on Kakuzu. I think it just shows he's more of a human being than you'd think- he seems really worried about Naruto's attack instead of shrugging it off and acting all high and mighty.

And thanks! I hope I can make more of these.

juUnior
February 01, 2007, 04:53 AM
I will only say: good thing to read :D

Actually just first, I need to say that I’ve been a little sad we haven’t had any proper front covers in a while...

I'm the person who dont mind, because Naruto has 17 pages actually,not like Bleach or OP with 19 pages. I dont know why that happend when they do from 19 p. to 17p. in 186 chapter if I think correctly. And now how I see it, it's because Kishi probably have lack of pages to show everything what he wants. That's why when is action he probably dont do covers. Buton the other hand, we have colored title pages ;p Like in 332 and 337, and in 341 it will also be :D

Yes, that’s right, Naruto created it. The form had to be thought of first before it was created. It didn’t just appear as he was going. And it is very clever. Naruto took what Asuma said to heart about wind chakra being a natural slicing tool. What better than a giant bladed edge? I hadn’t thought it would come to that, that’s for sure!

hmm I didnt saw it like that. Now If I look, it really is something which Naruto done haha xD

Raine_Joybringer
February 01, 2007, 07:27 AM
Hehe, thanks for reading, juUnior. I'm glad you don't mind the lack of front covers. I guess I don't mind myself, since I only colour when I'm in the mood =P

hmm I didnt saw it like that. Now If I look, it really is something which Naruto done haha xD

^_^ Probably one of his biggest achievements yet!

Gold Knight
February 01, 2007, 10:23 AM
Hi Raine ^^ Sorry I didn't read and comment sooner. Thanks for doing a review too <3

:woo~~Raine’s Wrap-Up 339~~:woo

[b]~Chapter 339: New Technique!~

I haven’t done one of these in a while, I have to apologise! It’s been a very busy time for me. But finally getting around to doing a Wrap-Up is great. And speaking of great things- what a chapter! Well, let’s get to it then, shall we?

[b]~One Disappointment?:~

Actually just first, I need to say that I’ve been a little sad we haven’t had any proper front covers in a while... but I suppose I shouldn’t complain. We’re being treated to an awesome story, not to mention it’s not long now until Shippuuden starts! In any case though, I wonder what will be the feature of the next cover when we finally get one? I’m sure the colourists will be happy for one at least.

I know for the fact the colorists are pretty anxious to get more covers, especially the kind that Kishimoto used to do in Part 1. Hell, as just a regular reader, I'm kind of wanting to see more covers too. But I think that Kishimoto is actually drawing them right now and he's just saving them for another arc, likely the next one, for each chapter. Hopefully.

We saw Shikamaru’s plan start to make sense last chapter when he created that hole. After all, how would you get rid of someone who is immortal? You can’t kill them, so logically the only way to stop them is by putting them in a situation they can’t get out of. In this case, Shikamaru used a hole to trap Hidan and then bury him.

Yes, but I'm actually rather surprised that Kishimoto didn't allow the readers to understand the nature of Hidan's immortality right now. He wasn't too revealing about himself at all. I guess that's the only reason I think that Hidan might come back. Unless the Databook explains it. (One thing's for sure, Databook 3 is going to be a hot-seller!)

You gotta feel sorry for Hidan I suppose. No, not that he’s been buried alive, but because he’s just had his head served on a platter (in a matter of speaking). Not only was Hidan defeated by Shikamaru, but his whole purpose of playing judge to mortals has been cut short. For once, he got a taste of his own kind of punishment with Shikamaru playing judge on him! And what a way to go; laughing all the way, just like the madman he is.

I'm not really feeling sorry for him >.> That butcher deserves an end like that. He didn't play fair, so why should Shikamaru? xD

Of course, I think that we shouldn’t exactly count Hidan out just yet. Just as falling off a cliff is never an indication of death, being buried alive is pretty ambiguous. In a way, this makes me remember the old Aladdin Disney movies, where although Jafar was defeated, he appeared once more the next movie after being dug up. So for all we know, Hidan could appear again in the future after having been dug up by someone. But hopefully that day won’t arrive.

Yeah, we'll see ^^ And yeah, that might happen. As I said, though, I think Zetsu would rather eat his body than help him though. >.>

Shikamaru... wow, what a kid! He finally got his revenge. Even when he was on the verge of chakra exhaustion, he was still a step ahead of the bunch. I think it’s really quite the possibility that he’ll end up as a world-class shinobi one day (if he already isn’t one!). He might not become Hokage because of his laziness, but I can definitely see him as being on the Konoha council someday.

I don’t know if anyone saw my comment on what is the “King” Asuma was talking about in the ‘Questions still to be answered’ topic in the Toshokan, but I have to believe that he may have meant that “The Will of Fire” is it. It would seem to make sense that a village’s determination to prosper would be what rules.

Yeah, I believe so too now. ^^ I think these were actually Asuma's last words to Shikamaru alone that we saw in the "ghostly image" the previous chapter.

Okay, back to it. Kakashi has given the scoop on Kakuzu to Yamato and Naruto. And we know that the guy still has three more spare lives up his sleeve. It’s like some kind of twisted video game, that’s for sure. And Kakuzu is one hell of a scary looking boss! Naruto is really going to have to step up to the challenge for this one!

But, I think we’re really starting to see how much he’s changed now. He’s gotten a lot more serious, and it’s obvious that his whole style of battle has evolved. Remember the first time he came face to face with Deidara and Sasori? Yup, he charged right in without thinking. This time is entirely different- he tested Kakuzu’s strength first and analysed the situation without putting himself in a needless risk (though, we do have to remember that he was also pretty emotional last time with the death of Gaara. Still, he has become a lot stricter with himself now).

Heh, you know, I’m pretty sure that I got it right once before when I said that Kakashi injured his hand testing either a Chidori or Rasengan against Naruto. And you gotta love that flashback. I think that Kakashi seeing the vision of Yondaime and his similarity with Naruto is the last step in finally acknowledging Naruto’s strength and potential. It really is possible now that he sees Naruto as a worthy (or even greater) ninja he could be proud to work alongside with, just as he did with the Fourth.

And now to the highlight of this chapter, finally seeing (well, half-seeing) the fruition of Naruto’s hard work- Fuuton; Rasen Shuriken!

I know there will probably be a few of you that are a bit disappointed with the Rasen Shuriken (either from the similarity to the Destructo Disk from DBZ or because it isn’t exactly big and flashy...), but you need to think about it a bit more because it is actually quite ingenious in terms of Naruto creating it.

Yes, that’s right, Naruto created it. The form had to be thought of first before it was created. It didn’t just appear as he was going. And it is very clever. Naruto took what Asuma said to heart about wind chakra being a natural slicing tool. What better than a giant bladed edge? I hadn’t thought it would come to that, that’s for sure! I had figured it’d be something like what we saw previously with the big tornado. Though, I don’t think I should cast that idea aside just yet either- we’ve yet to see what more the Rasen Shuriken can do apart from sit in Naruto’s hand and look pretty.

Another thing to mention here is that maybe this isn’t so dissimilar from Naruto’s first encounter with Deidara and Sasori... and perhaps Kishimoto is a lot sneakier than we think. Remember that Naruto also used a giant shuriken the first time? Now there’s something to ponder! Was Kishimoto borrowing from that idea, or had that been a clue this entire time?

Good point about Naruto tricking Zabuza like that with the help of Sasuke's Shuriken. Right now though from what we know from Chapter 340, I guess it wasn't quite the case. :< Maybe in 341?

And finally, I need to say that I love the expressions in this chapter: Shikamaru’s ‘it’s over’ look; Hidan’s face after Shikamaru said he was his god at the moment; the little sweat drop on Kakuzu’s face as he saw Naruto’s jutsu; and finally, Naruto’s look of focus and determination.

I don't really have a prediction, but we’re going to see big things next chapter, that's for sure! So I hope you’re as excited as I am! ;)
[/quote]

^^ Good wrap up Raine! :glomp

Raine_Joybringer
February 02, 2007, 06:50 AM
Thanks Phil :) Dang, but you beat me this week with your comments! I'll have to try and get them done on the weekend then while I'm going to be doing some cleaning up.