PDA

View Full Version : [Webtoon] Ability by Son Jae-ho & Lee Gwang-Su

Jammin
October 23, 2012, 10:08 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img855/8716/abilitych001p01.jpg

Genre: Action, Adventure, Shounen, Supernatural
Author:Son Jae-ho
Artist:Lee Gwang-Su
Description: Under the backdrop of a city with a mysterious killer on the loose, we are introduced to an exceptional young Cafe owner; possessing the rapidly to healing along with heightened physical abilities. When he goes out for a evening grocery run he encounters a strange looking little girl who asks to borrow his phone. He gladly obliges but, as he is appreciating the evening breeze, the girl's hat is blown off and she chases it out into traffic. He dives in front of the child and is hit by a truck. Some distance away we see a jewel crack and a shadowy figure celebrate finding "something".

What does it all mean? I guess we'll have to read to find out.

My thoughts: It definitely looks interesting. Seems like kind of an "X-Men" meets "Inuyasha" so far. Not sure if that impression is at all accurate but that's what I got from it. It's written and drawn by the same people who brought us Noblesse so it's bound to be a worthwhile read.

The fact that it's optimized for smartphones is...not ideal. For one thing that's always going to hurt image quality for PC viewers, like me; but I can understand why they'd want to try that format.

phio_chan
October 24, 2012, 11:14 PM
I still don't really get why they make this "specifically" for mobile phones. Most of online readers are still PC/laptop-user anyway. Does it mean so that the comic can still be read when you're on mobile phone or what? >.<

Either way, first chapter is an introduction as usual. A kind-hearted person with special ability. Looking forward to the complications. I also hope the art will stay as good as it is now. :mono

Jammin
October 25, 2012, 12:12 AM
I still don't really get why they make this "specifically" for mobile phones. Most of online readers are still PC/laptop-user anyway. Does it mean so that the comic can still be read when you're on mobile phone or what? >.<

Either way, first chapter is an introduction as usual. A kind-hearted person with special ability. Looking forward to the complications. I also hope the art will stay as good as it is now. :monoI don't know what's with the smartphone thing. People love their iphones and ipads, I get that, but you can always downscale artwork. You can't upscale it. Which kinda shafts those of use who use larger screens. Then again I'm old fashioned with my desktop computer and comfy computer chair.

Either way, first chapter is an introduction as usual. A kind-hearted person with special ability. Looking forward to the complications. I also hope the art will stay as good as it is now. :mono The plot seems solid but I suppose it's pretty early to judge. Whatever direction the story takes, I'm hoping for plenty of that quirky humor that Noblesse does so well.

Darjaille
November 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
Heh, waiting for a late Noblesse raw, I found some spare time to read Ability =)

I'm absolutely sure we'll get lots of good humor knowing the authors, the blondie seems to know how to reply in certain situations (I had a good laugh at "How are you feeling?" "I feel... bad" "..."). I like it so far, I'll continue to follow it.

I'm just a little worried for Noblesse, running two weekly series isn't a very good idea IMO. It might sound terrible but I'd rather hear that they had a minor accident or their graphic tablet broke or something than that they couldn't finish this week's Noblesse because of having two weeklies.

phio_chan
November 19, 2012, 06:13 AM
It's up to chapter 4 so far and I still haven't felt any "spark" with the series. I think it's pretty similar to how I started Noblesse so probably it's like that too this time? :p

The action was quite fun, although it decreased a bit since of the involved party is quickly healed from his wounds. That destroyed the balance a bit. I'm a bit curious about the bad guys and what exactly this "ability" is, so I'll stick around for more.

Jammin
November 19, 2012, 01:14 PM
It's up to chapter 4 so far and I still haven't felt any "spark" with the series. I think it's pretty similar to how I started Noblesse so probably it's like that too this time? :p

The action was quite fun, although it decreased a bit since of the involved party is quickly healed from his wounds. That destroyed the balance a bit. I'm a bit curious about the bad guys and what exactly this "ability" is, so I'll stick around for more.I'm getting the same feeling.

Though in Noblesse's case the beginning was funnier. It's not that the series is bad or anything it's just that none of the characters really distinguished themselves to me so far. The main guy seems likable, which is a fine foundation, but I feel like that's just not "enough". I'm hoping for some supporting cast to bring a little bit more to the table.

Monsterguy
December 05, 2012, 05:13 PM
Please tell me the new person with the long hair in chapter 8, is actually a girl but flat chested, please...:crying

Just look at "Ability" manhwa, chapter 8:

http://readonline.egscans.com/mangas/Ability/Chapter%20008/Ability_ch008_p17.jpg

That person's face reminds me of one of the hottest/sexy girls with perfect temparament according to my taste. Her name is Moka from "Rosario + Vampire", after she transforms into a "true vampire" !!!
But, sadly, despite the fact that the art is amaizing in "Rosario + Vampire" (I have only watched anime but dropped manga !!!), I must say that the true story is pushed behind and fan service given more priority, what I hate there. Oh and also it's similar to "Fairy tale", because good guys always(no matter how many fights they have) win against no matter who.

Now back on the subject, look at "Moka's true form" that I was referring too, and I so adore:

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/781/34858/rosario%20%20%20vampire%20-%20inner%20moka%20akashiya.jpeg

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32200000/Moka-rosario-vampire-32247890-704-396.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_apd1lWsTCrs/SaLrUKK0uzI/AAAAAAAAACA/tS5z2erYSA0/s320/MokaAkashiya.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUD5Bn8TGNyyf6fEsCa9wNIvBcCEhZ84naiwZEh_tNrQooSXCgCg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxJnafWMSm4ir3TYxg94C5q82km6IpAlo2L_0is5Kb3vlAt1h-

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcy8pcRmsL1rfblbwo1_1280.png

http://images.wikia.com/rosariovampire/images/a/aa/Rosario_01_evil_moka.jpg

And when "this", not yet sealed Moka, was still young:

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31500000/Young-Moka-rosario-vampire-fan-club-31526003-1280-720.jpg?1354742016228

To sum it all, I'm in love with "the true vampire Moka's design"...:love

PS: I'm also in love with "Erza Scarlet" from "Fary Tale", just look why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l88u27HOX0

[hr]

But although, I hate it when there are man with design that would be otherwise fit for girls, I am crossing fingers / I hope that there would be at least one person of the same/similar caliber but with boobs and a girl in this manhwa...:derp

I say: "hope is gona die last"...:cheez

So untill that happenes, I am not going to drop this series no matter what...:XD

The storyline also looks really interesting to me, so this is additional plus for me. But a strawberry on top of the cake, and what I also love in "Ability", is how well presented supernatural effects are !!!

PS: Because those are creators from Noblesse, I know they might surprise me some day, when I will expect it "the least"...:)

phio_chan
December 07, 2012, 11:41 PM
Eyes changing! :zomg

We've seen the crystal for a while now. Now it finally arises to the surface. C'mon, give me some explanatiooon~
Is the last page intended to be a joke? I thought it was going to be an attack, but does it cause healing to the monster because the boy's ability is also a healing ability? Or what? Since it feels very strange. As if I'm looking into the other side of Raizel using his power to healing instead of attacking. :|

Jammin
December 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
I'm with you in spirit Monster Guy. I'm really hoping for this character to be a girl but... I don't at all trust that this won't be "king of the bishis"

Ability is certainly not a fast developing series. When I made this thread I remember feeling tempted to write "????" under description. Eight chapters later, I don't feel like I know anything more now than I did back then.-_-;

cearon
December 16, 2012, 09:38 AM
Jammin, u became a translator to my feelings. After 8 chapters i still dont know whether i like this or not.

about the chapter, the new char do seem somewhat feminine and feels like M-21 when he got introduced in noblesse. why do i feel like this?

phio_chan
December 23, 2012, 02:53 AM
Looks like we all share one feeling about the series here. :nod

I'm not sure what I've been reading so far. I don't really mind the art, the humor is sometimes funny, but the whole plot is not yet very inviting. I think Noblesse was a bit better when it started (Noblesse was my first manhwa and first webtoon so I was probably a bit biased, but still...). But I don't think I'd give up now, I'll stick around for more, hoping that it will improve.

I believe the new character is a girl, honestly. :s

Jammin
December 23, 2012, 11:20 PM
Looks like we all share one feeling about the series here. :nod

I'm not sure what I've been reading so far. I don't really mind the art, the humor is sometimes funny, but the whole plot is not yet very inviting. I think Noblesse was a bit better when it started (Noblesse was my first manhwa and first webtoon so I was probably a bit biased, but still...). But I don't think I'd give up now, I'll stick around for more, hoping that it will improve.

I believe the new character is a girl, honestly. :s "He".."She"..I think I'lll go with "it". It is a straight up "girl's head on an effeminate man's body".:8C

My expectations for this series are steadily dropping. I don't want to be too negative here, as there is still time for the story to take a turn for the better, but my hope seems more distant. Right now the series only really has one and a half characters; the protagonist and the little girl (who is almost certainly not a little girl). That's just not enough.

In Noblesse we had Frankenstien, Raizel, and Shin Woo along with all his friends by this point. When you have characters that... fun you can get away with a weak plot(which Noblesse kinda did for a while), Ability has a decent protagonist but nothing else to keep it going; something which the "super serious transsexual" didn't help.:s

SQm3
January 16, 2013, 07:09 PM
Raws for those who want them (http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=511447&weekday=thu)

It seems to be getting better and more interesting every other week (i.e. chapter)

shaheer
January 23, 2013, 10:47 AM
BI WEELKY ? :( that s really sad i was hoping that it will be around for me after 7 days, no wi have to wait a fortnight. Darn
My opinion on this manga is its definitely interesting. Hope things gets better :). Any idea who the white haired scarlet dressed tranny is?

phio_chan
January 23, 2013, 11:35 AM
I didn't know it was bi-weekly. Was it not? :o I wonder if they decided to turn Ability into a bi-weekly series because they want to focus on Noblesse.

We're up to chapter 11 now and why am I still not very pumped at the end of each chapter? >,< It's getting quite interesting as Yu Hwa's power is starting to awaken. It seems like there's another being or consciousness inside of him, giving him power to fight and to heal as well. The fight with the monster was rather funny with all the comments and style. Indeed from Noblesse authors, lol. I'm not very pumped yet but we'll see. It's still a small universe anyway so we're waiting to see more coming from it. <3

shaheer
January 23, 2013, 01:25 PM
This is like Frank being the main character. I think the guys saw how popular frank was i mean he is a tank in terms of popularity so they decided to make a guy with similar chara be the main :)
Hec he even looks like frank n some respect.

phio_chan
January 24, 2013, 06:29 AM
This is like Frank being the main character. I think the guys saw how popular frank was i mean he is a tank in terms of popularity so they decided to make a guy with similar chara be the main :)
Hec he even looks like frank n some respect.

You mean Yu Hwa? Well, they seem to have the same humor, LOL~ Aside from that, yeah, I can see some traits similar to Frank. Mainly about how he cares about people and seem to be the good guy. I'm wondering about his background at this point, but there's no way we'll get it so fast. XD

SQm3
February 06, 2013, 07:53 PM
BI WEELKY ? :( that s really sad i was hoping that it will be around for me after 7 days, no wi have to wait a fortnight. Darn
My opinion on this manga is its definitely interesting. Hope things gets better :). Any idea who the white haired scarlet dressed tranny is?

I didn't know it was bi-weekly. Was it not? :o I wonder if they decided to turn Ability into a bi-weekly series because they want to focus on Noblesse.

Sorry. I meant to say it gets better every other week (i.e. chapter) not that the Manhwa is released every other week. I have updated my post for clarification.

---------- Post added February 06, 2013 at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was January 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM ----------

Just saw the latest raws. Looks like it's starting to REALLY pick up now. I wish the translations would come out faster.

shaheer
February 10, 2013, 09:00 AM
Chapter 13 was translated its available in mangafox, regular chit chat filled the chapter.
it seems zyu Hwa is going to be in to the investigation indirectly. Predicted that much though

Jammin
March 23, 2013, 11:20 AM
Ahh, it looks like at chapter 17 we're finally getting somewhere!

Took long enough but the cast seems to be expanding, which is good, and things are seeming a little less centric on the "It". Which is good thing for me because no matter what Ability does I don't think I'm ever going to be able to take the mega-bishi seriously. I just....can't.

0Xellos
March 23, 2013, 06:02 PM
:rofl Hell yeah, this series never fails to provide me with hilarious situations. Reminds me of the old Slayers with quotes like
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/4681/slayers.png

The "can't knock him out no matter how hard I try" is on par with that, IMO.

shaheer
April 01, 2013, 08:53 AM
I am surprised that people are not keeping up or commenting in the thread. The manga is getting very interesting with fights getting more and more common placed and interesting. Chap 21 was scanned few days back and its getting really awesome

LoS
April 01, 2013, 02:26 PM
I follow this Manhwa, but the artwork is fairly poor compared to all the other big named Manhwa's.

Jammin
April 01, 2013, 03:15 PM
I am surprised that people are not keeping up or commenting in the thread. The manga is getting very interesting with fights getting more and more common placed and interesting. Chap 21 was scanned few days back and its getting really awesomeI suspect a big reason for that is how slow the beginning was. In the first 10 chapter not a lot happens and for me the mega-bishi was nearly the coffin nail. It really took until about chapter 17 before I saw any signs of life. Now we got characters, we got humor, the plot is moving.

I follow this Manhwa, but the artwork is fairly poor compared to all the other big named Manhwa's.It's made especially for smartphones. That's why the art seems so funky at normal pc resolutions. It probably looks pretty good on an iphone.

Nast.J
April 01, 2013, 05:20 PM
I just noticed something that i didn't notice before : If you guys take a look at the anothers that just showed up and M24 at the very beggining of Noblesse, there's a huge ressemblance :

http://images.wikia.com/noblesse/images/5/5f/M-21_and_24_charging.JPG
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110110010428/noblesse/images/thumb/8/8a/C%27s.png/300px-C%27s.png

First, we had Mase who completely looked like M21 but when i saw that, i simply got shocked. The author should have tried to make Ability completely different than Noblesse artwise or at least a bit different because he seems to recycle some characters in different colors and outfits.

As for the plot going slow, i completely agree and this is one of the biggest weakness of this webtoon. I think that if i didn't know about Noblesse, i might have been even more harsh on Ability. But i still keep in mind that Son Jae-ho always keeps getting better.

Don't get me wrong, the concept of the story is original but there's something missing, something that should make me impatient to read the newest chapter every week.

scav
April 05, 2013, 01:01 PM
funny manhwa i started it today, its better than expected

strixflash
April 09, 2013, 12:06 PM
Authors have created some good plot elements in nearly 25 chapters unlike Noblesse where the real plot begain to start after 60-70 chapters. While I am not expecting anything too big, the amount of story elements shown far are impressive and promising.

We have the crystal mystery, then Sa-Ryun and the people chasing him, Hon, Salamanders and their leader, and now the new boy who has stolen something from Hon.

Any guess on what that object is? We would probably get the answer tomorrow. Maybe it's another crystal?

Also what do you guys think is the real ability of Yu-Hwa? I mean the title of series is Ability so certainly there is some meaning behind it, right?

shaheer
April 10, 2013, 10:47 AM
hmm i wonder what his deep power is really. So far he almost got killed in chap 24 but it didnt do much(by power i mean that special gauntlet thing the healing is like a passive thing for him). I like him this way without associating with HON or any other organization.
Also that cop seems to be a decent chara too

0Xellos
April 14, 2013, 05:15 PM
hmm i wonder what his deep power is really. So far he almost got killed in chap 24 but it didnt do much(by power i mean that special gauntlet thing the healing is like a passive thing for him). I like him this way without associating with HON or any other organization.
Also that cop seems to be a decent chara too

The point of his power is that there'll always be the "almost" - he won't get killed, just trashed all around the place, but then still emerges from the rubble walking like a zombie :D

shaheer
April 20, 2013, 01:08 PM
ya thats the part with seems to be certain till now. But i really wanted to see that gauntlet power last time around it kicked in when he got angry.. but i think by now if oyu need to activate it you must train for that

strixflash
July 19, 2013, 10:38 AM
Ability is back! Ability Ch. 34 HQ by EGS (http://readonline.egscans.org/Ability/Chapter_034)

Now that's what I call epic fail! :teehee

Jammin
July 19, 2013, 06:21 PM
Haha, Ability returns and goes all in with the pairing game. I like it!:verily

It's funny how both Noblesse and Ability returned with very unexpectedly themed chapters.

phio_chan
July 21, 2013, 12:59 AM
The new chapter... :eyeroll

It's true that I didn't expect this one coming, being the comeback chapter. It does bring the fun atmosphere around. Quite a good comeback, looking forward to more. I do hope we'll get to see more plot developments fast, or else it'll back to being boring. >_<

misogum
July 24, 2013, 01:45 PM
Ability chapter 35. 57 page . sa-ryun want kill yu-hwa or he is afraid of being killed ATRAN.

0Xellos
July 31, 2013, 05:02 PM
Haha, Ability returns and goes all in with the pairing game. I like it!:verily

It's funny how both Noblesse and Ability returned with very unexpectedly themed chapters.

And the pairing game continues in ch 36, although in a more... adventurous... direction :derp

Nast.J
July 31, 2013, 06:17 PM
And the pairing game continues in ch 36, although in a more... adventurous... direction :derp
If i was Yu-hwa, i would be kinda scared to live with a guy wearing red lipstick.You never know what might happen... :teehee

Jammin
July 31, 2013, 07:04 PM
And the pairing game continues in ch 36, although in a more... adventurous... direction :derpI would call it more of a "mysterious" direction.:xp

It's also absolutely crazy how long these chapters are. I mean I know the panels are spread out in that film reel style that doesn't need as many of them as most webcomics do. But 60 something pages! That's just crazy-ness.

Monsterguy
August 01, 2013, 04:33 AM
didn't comment here a long time, but I also must say I loved YE-RIN and that sene when she was blushing, too bad that YU-HWA is this dull...:fail

oh and by the way, I saw the latest chapter where
YU-HWA invites that man with white long hair to live with him, anyway...

...now what I'm curious about is:
do you think that this strong another with long white hair (I can't recall his name, sorry), would fall for YE-RIN instead ??? (:blush)

Jammin
August 01, 2013, 07:00 PM
didn't comment here a long time, but I also must say I loved YE-RIN and that sene when she was blushing, too bad that YU-HWA is this dull...:fail

oh and by the way, I saw the latest chapter where
YU-HWA invites that man with white long hair to live with him, anyway...

...now what I'm curious about is:
do you think that this strong another with long white hair (I can't recall his name, sorry), would fall for YE-RIN instead ??? (:blush)I straight up refuse to acknowledge the King of Bishi's existence. He/she is just too much for me.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8606/6z9.gif

strixflash
August 07, 2013, 01:48 PM
The new chapter is too long again! Ability's plot is moving in a good pace unlike Noblesse whose chapters are not only shorter, but the artwork is bad as well.

shaheer
August 08, 2013, 03:53 AM
its nice to see ability s going pretty strong, I only wish the scannation is faster. How far is the scannaltion away from the raws?
nd the whole blind date thing was super hilarious. No idea where the author wants to go from here but so far he is doing a good job

strixflash
August 08, 2013, 02:19 PM
^ EGS is behind by 2 chapters. They released Chapter 35 yesterday. Mangacow is upto date...But! there are translation mistakes! Thankfully they didn't skip pages in Ability unlike Noblesse where they skipped 1-2 pages many times >.<

I recommened you to read EGS releases when they are available...

phio_chan
August 09, 2013, 10:29 AM
I'm actually letting myself getting late reading the scans because I was waiting for EGS releases. :p Too bad they're behind, hopefully they can catch up soon! But if a chapter is as long as 50 pages... I guess I see why. :| XD

strixflash
August 14, 2013, 10:46 AM
The new chapter is out... EGS is kinda late in Ability releases though.

Seems like we are finally seeing some powerful Anothers. They seems strong, and their abilities seems interesting :derp Let's hope Yu-Hwa survives untill Un shows up. Sa-Ryun straightly refused his request to stay with him... Maybe he thought Yu-Hwa would do sonething strange to him as he mistook him for a hot female on their first meeting :derp

bruhmouzone
August 28, 2013, 03:03 PM
The story suffers from really poor dialogue, which was a slight problem with early Noblesse. I still have high expectations, especially for when the plot really picks up.

shaheer
August 28, 2013, 04:51 PM
These anothers are seriously strong to send the guy flying away like that. I wish the main can bring out that special power again it will be a good match nd probably since the anothers are stronger we might see him getting a power up from his gauntlet mode

strixflash
September 12, 2013, 01:21 PM
Finally Yu-Hwa kicked some a**! He defeated all of them in few seconds.

0Xellos
September 12, 2013, 02:54 PM
Finally Yu-Hwa kicked some a**! He defeated all of them in few seconds.

It's not technically him. He did mention his body moved on its own... Sa-Ryun's power comes pretty handy here.

Impossibility
September 18, 2013, 12:23 PM
It's not technically him. He did mention his body moved on its own... Sa-Ryun's power comes pretty handy here.

Unfortunately for Yu-Hwa, relying on Sa-Ryun's power is the only way he can keep up at this point. I'm wondering what Hon's counterparts for Atran's Hunters would be, if such individuals exist.

strixflash
September 18, 2013, 12:29 PM
The last three chapters of Ability has been really good. We saw a lot of potential development both in characters and plot. It was touching to see the love (read friendship) between Yu-Hwa and Un when they decided to save each other :super The real good part was how Yu-Hwa used his potential while making sure he doesn't heal his enemies... Poor them... he injured them to a point where Sa-Ryun can easily kill them :hee

shaheer
September 20, 2013, 02:44 PM
Unfortunately for Yu-Hwa, relying on Sa-Ryun's power is the only way he can keep up at this point. I'm wondering what Hon's counterparts for Atran's Hunters would be, if such individuals exist.

I think the guy who is like a butler to the young girl will be really powerful. But judging by atrans reaction to Hons name it seems Hon is not as powerful as they are though

strixflash
September 21, 2013, 08:18 AM
Atran told Reapers that they need to be concerned about Mase... so he is bound to be super strong. If Un can give a decent fight to two Reapers then I believe Ye-Rin can easily hold all of them or maybe three of them at least... I believe they look down on Hon as Hon doesn't show off its power and only protects Anothers... A peaceful organization is always considered to be weak no matter how powerful it is even in the real world.

Impossibility
September 25, 2013, 12:47 PM
It seems as though we might get to some high-level action in the next few chapters or so. We might get to see just how Ye-Rin would compare to someone of Sa-Ryun's quality.

shaheer
September 25, 2013, 03:01 PM
Things got really interesting. Now Yu-Hwa will be KIND A betrayed by Hon by using him as a bait and i really wonder what effect will it have on him, hopefully both him and sa ryun will escape and the chaps will take us to Yu Hwa learning combat more from Sa ryun in their sort of exile.

Impossibility
October 02, 2013, 01:26 PM
Well, the new arrival looks appropriately intimidating. I think it's fair to say we can expect the level of action to increase soon.

strixflash
October 23, 2013, 10:20 PM
Ability 47 (http://mngacow.com/Ability/47/?all) An excellent chapter! :^_^

Ch. 47 answered some important things about Sa-Ryun. He suffered some serious injury while killing Atran's heir. He also stole something... probably a crystal. I guess it makes sense on why Sa-Ryun is so much obessed with Yu-Hwa's healing abilities.

Impossibility
October 24, 2013, 12:14 PM
Yep, this chapter answered some important questions about Sa-Ryun. At least Yu-Hwa is proving himself useful; giving us the chance to see a real battle play out between these two.

shaheer
October 29, 2013, 05:54 PM
wht is the plan? punching sa ryun so that he heals up and kicks the other guy to hospital? Also i thought Hon was planing to aid this capture so i think the guy in the suit will come real soon, Sa ryun and Yu hwa has to hurry up with this and run for it.

strixflash
October 30, 2013, 10:37 AM
Ch 48 is out! (http://mngacow.com/Ability/48/?all) Another excellent chapter! Can't believe how good Ability is getting! <3

Finally Yu-Hwa gains another orb! I guess the orb we saw in Ch.2 was of also a dead Another... perhaps the skeleton we saw there was of that Another?

Impossibility
October 30, 2013, 11:27 AM
Solid chapter, once again. Things have been picking up recently. Looking forward to the next release.

Wowzers
October 30, 2013, 12:02 PM
Ugh. My head...
LOL!

So now he is on the same level as Sa-Ryun and Mais?

0Xellos
October 30, 2013, 12:18 PM
http://static.freepik.com/fotos-gratis/trollface_17-403125921.jpg

shinsengumi
October 30, 2013, 01:33 PM
LOL!

So now he is on the same level as Sa-Ryun and Mais?

i think he already had a power somewhat close to their levels ,the problem was that he didnt know how to use it . it will be the same ,he has more raw power now but he still doesnt know how to handle it

shaheer
October 30, 2013, 05:28 PM
he had greater raw powers than sa ryun and Mais thats for sure hinted all through the manhwa. Now who knows what will happen to him LOL this was an epic turn over. Sa ryun would be mad and Yu hwa may leave Hon for real. As for me i would really like if he was a one man army rather than some organizations lackie

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Ch 48 is out! (http://mngacow.com/Ability/48/?all) Another excellent chapter! Can't believe how good Ability is getting! <3

Finally Yu-Hwa gains another orb! I guess the orb we saw in Ch.2 was of also a dead Another... perhaps the skeleton we saw there was of that Another?

hmm my thought exactly prolly that was some seriously powerful another and thereby made Yu hwa a special kind of guy. The impressive thing is that the power that is in yu hwa keeps getting stronger faced threat, so its more than just power rather it seems more complex than that

strixflash
November 06, 2013, 10:28 AM
ZE]
hmm my thought exactly prolly that was some seriously powerful another and thereby made Yu hwa a special kind of guy. The impressive thing is that the power that is in yu hwa keeps getting stronger faced threat, so its more than just power rather it seems more complex than that

I think the Orb Yu-Hwa has is of different type. That orb has its own will as we have already seen..Maybe that orb gives him power dependng on the danger level Yu-Hwa faces.

We already saw a skeleton near the place where Yu-Hwa got his orb so there is a high possibility that the orb is the power of that dead Another... but the main part is that the orb is similar to the "Stone of Healing" we saw in last season. So there is a possibility that the orb is something similar to a special artifact rather than some dead another's power. Perhaps it's a mix of those two?

---------- Post added November 06, 2013 at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was October 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM ----------

New chapter is out:

http://mngacow.com/Ability/49/?all

Sa-Ryun seemed glad as Yu-Hwa gained a powerup... seems like he has grown fond of him. What do you all think of Pandora Box?

shaheer
November 06, 2013, 12:28 PM
Nothing much revealed about the box to be speculative yet, but regarding the chap i am a bit disappointed. I was hoping for some major plot twist to take place like say Yu hwa leaving Hon or sth rather this looks as if even though something surprising happened they are happy about it without a tad of worry, weird.
More surprisingly after absorbing such an existence all yu hwa feels is a head ache, no power up showdowns or any thing. It was a let down seriously

0Xellos
November 06, 2013, 07:30 PM
Nothing much revealed about the box to be speculative yet, but regarding the chap i am a bit disappointed. I was hoping for some major plot twist to take place like say Yu hwa leaving Hon or sth rather this looks as if even though something surprising happened they are happy about it without a tad of worry, weird.
More surprisingly after absorbing such an existence all yu hwa feels is a head ache, no power up showdowns or any thing. It was a let down seriously

Don't worry, it will show. It's quite understandable that there are no apparent signs of a powerup yet, since the battle was over already.

Yuhwa leaving Hon would be a bad plot twist. He just joined a few chapters ago, what would it all be for if he just left now. I'm sure he'll get into a conflict with Hon so major that there'll be no other choice in the future (since he never listens to what they tell him :D), but this is just too early.

strixflash
November 13, 2013, 11:02 AM
New chapter is out:
http://mngacow.com/Ability/50/?all

Going by Sa-Ryun's reaction previously on the power orb I expect it to have more than 10% of Lector's power. Well, Yu-Hwa is probably lot stronger than Maise, Sa-Ryun & others even without Lector's power... He just doesn't knows how to use it.

shaheer
November 13, 2013, 05:44 PM
i think for his case there will be a difference ie usually people get a portion of the orb power but in his case it will be a giant part of it or full. Ne way i am loving Rin and Yu hwa moments, the last interaction between them ws awesome with him mistaking her going out for a date for someone else when it was him she came to date. I hope Yu Hwa gets more trained by sa ryun though if you ask me. Some how it feels that its more effective (a gut feeling)

strixflash
November 20, 2013, 10:25 AM
New chapter is out-
http://mngacow.com/Ability/51/?all

Seems Atran has finally invaded Hon...

yellowblue
November 20, 2013, 05:03 PM
Yu hwa's current power level might already be too big that the orb does not provide any significant increase in power. The orb might contain a pail in terms of power compared to just cups from a normal another but Yu hwa might already have a bathtub of power or even the size of a small pool so adding a pail of water won't make any difference.

shaheer
November 21, 2013, 09:57 AM
ya but still gaining something should have an effect on his current level what he has is laten power, what he gained was external power so I expected something to be changed if he takes in external power. It looks like ye rin and yu hwa growing their intimacy.

Wowzers
November 27, 2013, 11:40 PM
New chapter is out. (http://mngacow.com/Ability/52/?all)

Lots of fighting... And a pleasant walk home. ;)

0Xellos
November 28, 2013, 04:03 AM
I was expecting chainsaws...

strixflash
November 28, 2013, 09:04 AM
Ye-Rin and Yu-Hwa could have had a good night if not for those Atran agents... I was praying for a date in the cafe :hee

So I guess the plot is progressing again. We will finally see what Hon has that Atran wants so much. I'm thinking it is either Stone of Healing or some other crystal. I hope Yu-Hwa would be able to use his true powers... I am looking forward for them to leave for an adventure in the search of Pandora Box.

Impossibility
November 28, 2013, 09:19 AM
Yu-Hwa seems to have progressed, although he shouldn't get ahead of himself. Seems like we're in for some heaving fighting between Hon and Atran. We should expect some reveals about the two organisations pretty soon.

shaheer
December 02, 2013, 02:45 PM
Hon seems to be seriously weak, I mean 2 agents who can fight and does the ground work 1 who is really powerful and is like a butler the rest are guys for panel filling

Impossibility
December 04, 2013, 11:59 AM
I guess we don't have to wonder too much about Mais' ability for much longer, it looks certain to be addressed pretty soon. It looks like Atran sent some of their best. Curious to see this Zed guy in action, and this monstrous fellow that made a rather big entrance.

strixflash
December 04, 2013, 12:26 PM
The new monster's early design can be seen on the artist's blog post... i think he posted this design 2-3 years ago on his Naver blog.

Seems like we are finally going to learn more about Su-Jin. Maise's fight should be good. I wonder who will protect Su-Jin as Maise and others are not there for her...

shaheer
December 04, 2013, 05:38 PM
Its finally time for Yu Hwa to release all he has got i think he will release the power he absorbed in a fight with this hulk like creature while mais will fight zed. I predict the next chap will be related to YuHwa coming and Mais' fight.

Wowzers
December 11, 2013, 09:45 AM
Raw is out! (http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=511447&no=55&weekday=thu)

shaheer
December 11, 2013, 01:37 PM
trans is out in Mangareaders too. I am actually appalled by the weakness of Hon so there are 3 people who can do anything to anothers and the rest cant even scratch them Why the hec dont they equip their agents with something like rocket launcher or something atleast that will slow the anothers if knock them out.

Impossibility
December 18, 2013, 12:03 PM
Things got particularly interesting at the end there. It looks like Yu-Hwa is going to have to step his game up.

cearon
December 18, 2013, 01:57 PM
This one swings back and forth for some time that I cant even say whether it will be bigger than Noblesse or not.....

As for the chapter at hand Yu-hwa is in a bind. The enemy from the kid's grandfather arc? is in front with a crazy looking chick....something thou tells me the little girl isnt so little.....

Wowzers
December 18, 2013, 03:22 PM
Translation is out too! (http://mngacow.com/Ability/55/?all)

The 'blue haired chick' is actually just another girly-man [/Arnold voice], unfortunately. If Hon wins this fight, their rep will definitely go up. BUT, so will the likelihood that other groups will pick fights with them hoping to improve their rep.

strixflash
December 25, 2013, 11:40 AM
The girl at the end somehow looks familiar... Maybe we saw someone of similar design in Noblesse?

So Hon have few allies but they won't help them directly. And those who can help are weak :( I hope Yu-Hwa awakens his power soon... Su-Jin would have to open the Pandora Box though.

---------- Post added December 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was December 19, 2013 at 09:56 AM ----------

The new chapter is out:
http://mngacow.com/Ability/56/?all

The girl is a boy! :gwah

shaheer
December 25, 2013, 03:26 PM
most of the chaps just went by discussing .. wished the fight to be more than the talking in this chapter. So salamander is another group I must say in the beginig when atran was mentioned i kind a thought that this guy in salamander was part of it.. rather it seems like they are mercenaries

Impossibility
December 27, 2013, 11:06 AM
Pretty good chapter. Fills in some blanks that needed to be addressed. I'm excited to Yu-Hwa in a fight that he seems unlikely to get rescued out of. Let's see where he's at.

strixflash
January 01, 2014, 10:25 AM
New chapter is out:
http://mngacow.com/Ability/57/?all

Next chapter things should get interesting!

cearon
January 01, 2014, 03:26 PM
Hopefully, Yu-Hwa can use his ability much more consistently and doesnt have to get his ass handed on him.... I also have somewhat of a ningling feeling that these 2 will for some reason join Hon against Atran. Not now maybe but before this arc ends..... I kinda also want to see the other fights..... Well all in all story is getting better and better....

Impossibility
January 08, 2014, 12:10 PM
Well, an unexpectedly abrupt and disappointing outcome. Meh.

strixflash
January 08, 2014, 12:32 PM
I rather liked the outcome. Sure Yu-Hwa could have defeated him easily has he lost his consciousness, but I believe that would be too repetitive. Istead Yu-Hwa has started learning to use his powers... And the current development gives rise to many potentially good developments. We now have Tar as his rival and soon the outcome of this fight would spread... And Jacra has always shown interest in Yu-Hwa.

0Xellos
January 08, 2014, 01:48 PM
Excellent chapter. I like that Yuhwa didn't use the unconsciousness trick, and also that he didn't curbstomp Tar suddenly after powering up - since Tar wasn't being serious before at all, it made for a nice fight after he got serious. Tar seems to be just reasonably stronger than Yuhwa, and he's still incredibly hyped, which shows that Yuhwa not actually beating him is not a proof of weakness, but of prowess in comparison to before. Plus Jacra's teacher mode and promise of further rivalry between Yuhwa and Tar, it gives me sort of a HxH vibe :super

shaheer
January 08, 2014, 03:36 PM
Good chap I think the Yu Hwa in frenzy mode might have dropped tar down but its a good thing that he started to have control over some of the potentials inside of him.
Hopefully the other 3 will be finished with their fight now

BASED Shinigami
January 13, 2014, 07:54 AM
Latest chapter is out. (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/217823/ability_ch57_by_easy-going-scans)

Yu-Hwa looks like he was able to tap into his hidden strength once again after getting his ass tossed around for several minutes. However, his facial expression looks the same as any other time he's awakened his immeasurable power. Anger filled and out of control. I doubt if he'll be able to defeat his opponent during this blind fit of rage. Anyway, the real fight starts next chapter, and I don't believe his opponent is going to pull anymore more punches. He looks heated and bewildered by Yu-Hwa's sudden increase of power. Nice chapter. Plenty of action and solid dialogue.

0Xellos
January 13, 2014, 05:10 PM
Latest chapter is out. (http://www.batoto.net/read/_/217823/ability_ch57_by_easy-going-scans)

Yu-Hwa looks like he was able to tap into his hidden strength once again after getting his ass tossed around for several minutes. However, his facial expression looks the same as any other time he's awakened his immeasurable power. Anger filled and out of control. I doubt if he'll be able to defeat his opponent during this blind fit of rage. Anyway, the real fight starts next chapter, and I don't believe his opponent is going to pull anymore more punches. He looks heated and bewildered by Yu-Hwa's sudden increase of power. Nice chapter. Plenty of action and solid dialogue.

That's not the latest chapter, EGS is just behind. We've been talking about the speedscan of the chapter after that one (so there's no need for spoilers), and Yuhwa is definitely conscious there.

BASED Shinigami
January 13, 2014, 05:21 PM
That's not the latest chapter, EGS is just behind. We've been talking about the speedscan of the chapter after that one (so there's no need for spoilers), and Yuhwa is definitely conscious there.

Thanks. I'm just now realizing that while reading the previous posts above mine. Where can I find the speedscan?

shaheer
January 13, 2014, 05:31 PM
its almost on every popular manga readers online.. you ll find it on Manga fox or mangareader.net.
when you said new chap with a spoiler tag i thought they released raw or something so i was like WHAT?!!! why now? :p

BASED Shinigami
January 14, 2014, 01:20 AM
I thought Tar was a female. That's the second time I've mistaken a male character in this webtoon for a female.

strixflash
January 14, 2014, 01:25 AM
Sa-Ryun was definitely a trap... I was 100% sure he was a female when he was first introduced (that lipstick, female nails,etc). Tarr is the second trap.

0Xellos
January 14, 2014, 10:15 AM
^ Just one thing to say:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/001/384/Atrapitis.gif

strixflash
January 15, 2014, 10:47 AM
New Chapter is out:
http://mngacow.com/Ability/59/?all

Nice ending to this battle. It's nice to see that Atrant lost... And Sa-Ryun is damn lucky! He got one prey for free!

BASED Shinigami
January 15, 2014, 11:44 AM
Why do I get the feeling that Sa-Ryun is going to eventually forget about devouring Yu-Hwa's power? At this rate, Sa-Ryun might actually become real friends with him. However, Yu-Hwa's involvement with Hon will only complicate matters. Also, Yu-Hwa just proved himself to be a invaluable asset to Hon by protecting the princess once again, so Mais should trust him more from this point onward. Anyway, the first of many battles between Hon and Atrant is over, and things will only get increasingly difficult for Yu-Hwa here on out.

shaheer
January 15, 2014, 05:24 PM
nice ending to the whole arc. Its good to see that sa ryun is finally becoming yu hwa's mentor figure. It seems we can have good expectation from this manga, so far each of the arc ws better than the previous ones

0Xellos
January 15, 2014, 05:52 PM
Why do I get the feeling that Sa-Ryun is going to eventually forget about devouring Yu-Hwa's power? At this rate, Sa-Ryun make actually become real friends with him. However, Yu-Hwa's involvement with Hon will only complicate matters. Also, Yu-Hwa just proved himself to be a invaluable asset to Hon by protecting the princess once again, so Mais should trust him more from this point onward. Anyway, the first of many battles between Hon and Atrant is over, and things will only get increasingly difficult for Yu-Hwa here on out.

Because shounen genre, that's why. Sa-Ryun hasn't been portrayed as an asshole despite all the killing he did, which makes it all the more likely.

BASED Shinigami
January 15, 2014, 10:06 PM
Because shounen genre, that's why. Sa-Ryun hasn't been portrayed as an asshole despite all the killing he did, which makes it all the more likely.

Reasonable explanation. I bet once we're like 100+ chapters into the story, Sa-Ryun will be close buddies with Yu-Hwa and he'll joke around with him about how he wanted to kill him and adsorb his power back in the day.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

nice ending to the whole arc. Its good to see that sa ryun is finally becoming yu hwa's mentor figure. It seems we can have good expectation from this manga, so far each of the arc ws better than the previous ones

I want to see more of Ye-Rin in the next arc :hee She's a total babe

shaheer
January 16, 2014, 06:35 AM
I want to see more of Ye-Rin in the next arc :hee She's a total babe

ya she is intellegent funny and had a miss step regarding relationship with Yu Hwa which was funny. Incidentally she has no idea what he is capable of.
But what about Mais being the weakest in the dangerous persons list. The toppers must be in Atran

Impossibility
January 16, 2014, 08:53 AM
So Hon isn't completely useless, even if they seem to rely entirely on three people. It seems like Atran's paid for their awful intel.

BASED Shinigami
January 17, 2014, 02:56 AM
ya she is intellegent funny and had a miss step regarding relationship with Yu Hwa which was funny. Incidentally she has no idea what he is capable of.
But what about Mais being the weakest in the dangerous persons list. The toppers must be in Atran

I liked how she kept showing concern for Yu-Hwa while she was beating his behind in the training facility. Anyway, I hope those two grow closer as the story progresses. They seem like a good fit.

Heck, I'd say we have no idea of what Yu-Hwa is capable of doing. He continues to get stronger, but what exactly is his power? Anyway, I have a feeling Hon might start preforming tests on Yu-Hwa to determine if he's really a human or not. He was able to adsorb that orb several chapters ago.

Possibly. Atran severely underestimated Hon's forces because of intel, so it's comprehensible they wouldn't send out their strongest fighters to capture the princess. However, they won't make the same mistake again after being soundly beaten and embarrassed.

strixflash
January 22, 2014, 10:31 AM
Ability is on 2 months break :(

http://mngacow.com/Ability/60/?all

The ending to this arc is nice.

Impossibility
January 22, 2014, 11:26 AM
Hon's decision to retreat is somewhat expected, they've pretty much lost their greatest assets in a pretty short space of time, and they have nothing to show for it. The two month break was much less expected and welcome. But I'm hopeful we get some excitement upon its return.

shaheer
January 22, 2014, 02:21 PM
Two months :(... things were going sooo awesome'ly'. Ne way a nice and peaceful ending indeed, the funny thing was Mais was opening up

BASED Shinigami
January 23, 2014, 08:20 PM
Well, I hope Yu-Hwa is a much improved fighter at the start of season two. Anyway, these next two months will be tough, but I'll pick up some other webtoons in the mean time to ease my boredom when I'm not busy with school work. Contemplating reading Noblesse and Magician.

shaheer
March 25, 2014, 10:19 AM
Isnt it 2 month already? When will the author grace us with the season 2? Any news?

strixflash
March 25, 2014, 12:39 PM
^Remember Noblesse is on break from last 3-4 weeks? Artist is ill so the hiatus was extended but thankfully he has nearly recovered so we can expect it very soon but no date has been given.

Wowzers
September 18, 2014, 01:18 AM
I noticed that Ability's title page wasn't on Naver's list of available series (http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/weekday.nhn) anymore.

I looked around and found it's series page though.
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=511447

Could be bad news, or maybe it got removed due to inactivity? Don't know. This author has enough trouble with Nobless at the moment though.

(and yes, I know it's on hiatus. That doesn't remove it from the list.)

strixflash
September 21, 2014, 01:44 AM
It has been moved there because of inactivity.... It has been on hiatus for more than 6 months after all. Authors said they would start Ability when they have completly recovered so I don't think it has been dropped. Plus Anility still has that hiatus logo.