PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 307 Discussion

thornofcarrion
November 01, 2012, 09:38 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

phungnana
November 09, 2012, 02:54 AM
I hate minerva now....
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail-307--The-Order-Of-The-Hungry-Wolves?id=147206

SerpentTailedAngel
November 09, 2012, 03:05 AM
I don't actually have time to post right now. I'm busy inventing a new swear word. No previously existing word is sufficient for describing either my hatred or my opinion or Minerva right now.

Zasz
November 09, 2012, 03:19 AM
Well that was a good chapter for me.
Minerva truly is a psycho bitch; taking hostage Lector in order to make Sting go all out is a foul move.
I Hope Erza (or someone else) will give her a nice beating.
Anyway it was nice to know that Genma has been expelled; serves him right. LOL
About the new characters, I like their designs and Mashima really drawn well the girls (as always if I may add. :derp)
I wonder if FT will have trouble defeating this independent unit of assassin.

dex
November 09, 2012, 03:24 AM
after seeing minerva i feel that gemma was a saint...
sting and rogue shud just own minerva and get that cat back from her...

Atobe the king
November 09, 2012, 04:05 AM
Lol Minerva is gold. The contrast between how attractive the girls are and how ugly the guys are in that new group is hilarious. Lucy's "blush" panel was cute lol.

thornofcarrion
November 09, 2012, 04:12 AM
Please, do not create Chapter's Discussion / Prediction thread on your own. If the section mod is not available, contact any global to do the needful.

Thank you.

Olho07
November 09, 2012, 08:34 AM
Wow I really liked these Hungry Wolves.
Their character design have style and they will serve for Mirajane to show all her power XD

Zasz
November 09, 2012, 10:04 AM
Lol Minerva is gold. The contrast between how attractive the girls are and how ugly the guys are in that new group is hilarious. Lucy's "blush" panel was cute lol.

Yeah Lucy blushing was cute. :hee
I wonder if Mashima will really make these two a couple. :teehee

Razh
November 09, 2012, 10:26 AM
Wow I really liked these Hungry Wolves.
Their character design have style and they will serve for Mirajane to show all her power XD

They just look like the usuall type of fodder to me. They might have some tricky abilities but I'll bet they didn't have to fight guys like Natsu or Mirajane. Then there's Lucy with her arsenal and Yukino who isn't that bad herself. Losing against a monster like Kagura doesn't make her weak.

Not much surprise on the Sabertooth part. I like how Sting has more at stake now. It adds to the drama. Just hope Mashima doesn't do something stupid and make him multiply stronger now that he "feels" something.

-Ken-
November 09, 2012, 10:26 AM
It's good set up chapter for Natsu fight. With 5 opponents, I highly doubt we won't see Mirajane fight. I've been waiting for her good fight since... forever.

Uriel
November 09, 2012, 10:37 AM
Well, I always love new asses to be kicked. These ones looks interesting.

What I actually wonder if Arcadios is completely lying or he's the victim here. I don't know anymore! :O

Heriko
November 09, 2012, 11:19 AM
Natsu's gonna oneshot them all :D

They just look like the usuall type of fodder to me. They might have some tricky abilities but I'll bet they didn't have to fight guys like Natsu or Mirajane. Then there's Lucy with her arsenal and Yukino who isn't that bad herself. Losing against a monster like Kagura doesn't make her weak.
well said!
seriously, i think natsu & co will defeat them with or without big problems. It is a must-win-situation, Fairy Tail can't lose, because right now the Garou Knights have the order to execute them. Because of that, i don't think, that the HGarou Knights have an appearance later in this arc (as part of the final villains of the arc).

What I actually wonder if Arcadios is completely lying or he's the victim here.
I'm wondering, too. Also the princess, i don't think she is evil. she made such a sad face :/ maybe because she had to throw them down there.

Chris38
November 09, 2012, 11:41 AM
mangastream's translation is out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/32161125/1

On the topic of the actual chapter. Well, it seems that all of the pieces of Carla's prophecy have been assembled.

Don't know what to think about those "new enemies" that pretty much appeared out of nowhere, but I hope that they will keep the "Lucy rescue team" busy till the 7th day occurs. After all, I wouldn't want more and more "new" characters to be introduced, just to keep the "unofficial rescue team", busy - while the tournament is going on.

Regarding Sting and Lector, along with Minerva - I already suspected that Lector wouldn't die, so this revelation isn't such a huge surprise for me, although I'm kind of interested in Minerva's "real" intentions - I mean, I doubt that winning the tournament is so important to her - I kind of suspect that she has some, at the current point, unknown intentions, that might be related with the Eclipse gate subplot, of the current arc.

El Maco
November 09, 2012, 11:47 AM
Just hope Mashima doesn't do something stupid and make him multiply stronger now that he "feels" something.

Why do you deny the inevitable? :derp

As most people here suspected, Lector and Gemma are alive. Minerva is capable of analysing why they lost to Natsu, but then in her typical way gives it a nasty twist: "They use feelings to be strong, then so will we. Zap, there goes your cat! How do you feel now? Get out there and win."

shnugin
November 09, 2012, 12:59 PM
I want Mirajane to be like "Wait Natsu, I got this" Then BOOYAH!! ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!

Side note: One of the Hungry Wolves reminded me of Konan, all that paper :)

Ifrit
November 09, 2012, 01:03 PM
oh my..The Power of Feelings disease reached the bad guys too :fail

I'm kinda confused, Sting was fighting for Lector sake when he got trashed by Natsu, so this should make us excited now ?

Just beat her like you did to her old man, and get Lector back you faggot. I like Rouge, but Sting stay with Sabertooth, or better both of you go join Raven Tail to get trashed more.

WTH, are these hotties doing with those weirdos . Those girls should definitely join Fairy Tail.

I hope we get to see Mirajane shine this time. Let this be her fight take em all on at once !!!

exacta
November 09, 2012, 01:04 PM
Just hope Mashima doesn't do something stupid and make him multiply stronger now that he "feels" something.

You just don't get it do you? Fairy Tail takes place in the fourth dimension, where peoples powers are determined by feelings.

Someone actually said that something like that and meant it on some Youtube video. I know this manga is all about "feelings", but christ not only do the characters actually acknowledge it we even have the antagonists scheming on how to obtain the power of feelings. It just a ridiculous notion.....if I got into a boxing match with Mike Tyson, crying tears for my friends wouldn't help me win. If anything, it'd just make Mike Tyson kick my ass more.

Those wolves are the fodderiest fodder I've seen. They don't really seem necessary....I hope Mirajane just takes all of them on. That'd be sweet. The guy with the weird axes does look cool though. Genma being beaten like that is still lame....there might be a chance Minerva is lying and Lector really did get blown away. That would really be messed up. I don't know if Mashima has the balls for it though.

kkck
November 09, 2012, 01:20 PM
So... sting got stronger? That is kind of a strange development, I wonder if it really is the case. I wonder if this also applies to rogue. Anyways, the development itself makes sense. Living with your heart on your fist makes you stronger so swallowing up you emotions and acting in a way you believe to be genuinely wrong is definitely going to cause some trouble. Of course if sting did get stronger then that means that natsu will perhaps need at least his lightning flame to win next time. I guess we still have to consider that enma was not necessarily prepared here, perhaps it was a one time thing.

Not sure if minerva is more or less of a bitch now. I wonder if she herself aims for the title of master, she seems to have surpassed enma.

RedCer
November 09, 2012, 01:20 PM
I never usually post...but I will break my own norm this week (I am more of an avid reader of other users´opinions):

-Due to the way Minerva has been described this week (with her own personal, twisted interpretations of the power of emotions), I totally agree that she is now doomed to be utterly defeated by Erza´s exemplary usage of a well-understood "power of bonds/emotions". Also, the more this arc advances, the more I think Sting and Rogue will end up as friends (or even members) of FT. True, they are cocky and prideful, but they also have been shown to care for others.
-Mirajane´s comment about the resemblance between her sister and Yukino has made me think about the possibility of Mirajane dying protecting Yukino (kind of similar to what she did during the previous arc). Let´s see how all this unfolds.
-By the way, no matter what, I don´t trust the Arcadios/Yukino combo.

exacta
November 09, 2012, 01:27 PM
I don't take Charle's predictions seriously at all, I can't after how "horrible" Fairy Tail did on Tenroujima. But Arcadios is definitely evil. Also, Sting getting more powerful through feelings is bull, but him losing so badly to Natsu was bull in the first place. He and Natsu need to actually fight like rivals are supposed to.

Uriel
November 09, 2012, 01:30 PM
Of course He's evil. He has a an evil beard. :cookiestare

Kuzumikun
November 09, 2012, 02:08 PM
Ohhhh more fighting! I love it when Lucy fights more! And Mira too! I feel like if they can't defeat those guys that the princess will let them go, because she looked sad in the beginning. Other than that Erza or someone PLEASE beat the shizz out of Minerva, beyotch be TRIPPIN' and needs to get reassured that she ain't all that and a bag of chips!
Might I add Lucy blushing cause of what Happy said about Natsu :) aheehee

dark angel KaRamo
November 09, 2012, 02:55 PM
Lucy blushing was so cute

After seeing the chapter my hatred for Minerva just reached the maximum level what a psychopathic bitch, and then to say Sting can beat Natsu now is just pushing it to far now hahaha that's a laugh. But i feel bad for Sting i know this is how Natsu would have reacted if some hurt Happy.

I can see Rogue is still aiming for Gajeel can't wait to see that.

As for the Garou Knights (Why does new characters look so cool when there first introduce) Only if Natsu hasn't got back to full power yet because that Time machine thing drained him of his magic will this be a hard fight but if it's back then it's all good, time for Mirajane to show us a good fight Lucy and Yukino doesn't have they keys so set this out Wendy may fight if Natsu and Mirajane want her to.

But i'm seeing a win for Fairy tail in the pitfall cave i mean come on the Garou Knights sentence them to death ain't gonna happen. Can't wait

Zasz
November 09, 2012, 04:36 PM
WTH, are these hotties doing with those weirdos . Those girls should definitely join Fairy Tail.

Those hotties joining FT?
Sounds good to me, after all they've got big boobs interesting powers. :cheez

gaston42
November 09, 2012, 05:08 PM
I've been thinking about Minerva and i'm not sure that she deserves all that hate. Her speech with Sting may sound harsh or manipulative, but it is too soon to come to a conclusion (whether she's telling him the truth, whether she'll return him Lector, ...). If Lector is alive and if she's willing to keep her promise, I see nothing wrong with putting a little pressure in order to win (cannot be worse than calling guildmates trash anyway).

Most of the 'Minerva is a sadist/psychopath/...' comes from what she did to Lucy during the 4th day competition portion. She went overboard, but do not forget that she was trying to get revenge against Fairy Tail after what Natsu did (which, even if the reasons differ, was not far from what Gajeel did at the beginning of the Phantom Lord arc). Fairy Tail shot first, it was payback time, too bad it was Lucy who paid the price.

I'm not trying to say that Minerva is a saint (no pun intended). I just think that she's a capable leader who takes pride in her guild, perhaps a bit too much.

SerpentTailedAngel
November 09, 2012, 06:27 PM
Natsu's attacking Sabertooth wasn't the same as Gajeel going after Fairy Tail. Gajeel was deliberately trying to piss them off so they'd go to war and they could nab Lucy in the confusion. Natsu was mad for Yunkino's sake and just wanted to pound some sense into the people who booted her out unfairly. That being said, with Minerva having been gone during the Yukino incident than even if she would have cared she had no reason to see Natsu's attack as anything but an attack, so I can sort of see your point...

On the other hand she more or less threatens to harm Lector if Sting doesn't do what she wants. That's not putting on a little pressure. That's taking a hostage. That's taking a hostage who's largely an innocent bystander and threatening someone who's emotionally unsound due to having just believed moments before that their best friend was killed.

Draco1988
November 09, 2012, 07:46 PM
Somehow I think that Minerva was just bluffing and knowing not where Lector currently is.
But she was just taking advantage of that no one know either for her bigger scheme (and to make Sting obey her).

DEATHBOTT
November 09, 2012, 07:58 PM
so yukino is perhaps the edolas lisanna? im kind of annoyed by this interuption to the tournerment i was really looking forward to all the fights that are left :c

SerpentTailedAngel
November 09, 2012, 08:58 PM
If Yukino were from Edolas she wouldn't be able to use magic. She just mentioned she lost an older sister and now someone says they look like her younger sister. It's setting up for some heart wrenching bond moment where one protects the other over sisterhood-or something like that.

Freid
November 09, 2012, 09:53 PM
The power of feelings really deserves its own class of magic. Apparently you can now equip it for battle. Anyway on another note, these wolf dudes might be interesting opponents, though the only one that looks like he's worth a shit is the dude in the hood who looks like Amon from The Legend of Korra. The dude beside him just looks like a doped up Barney Gumble so I can't say I expect much from him........ But I'll give these guys 2 chapters to remain relevant. 3 maximum.

Ifrit
November 09, 2012, 11:21 PM
If Yukino were from Edolas she wouldn't be able to use magic. She just mentioned she lost an older sister and now someone says they look like her younger sister. It's setting up for some heart wrenching bond moment where one protects the other over sisterhood-or something like that.

I agree with you, I don't think Yukino is Edolas Lisanna, but not because she can use magic her name is Yukino...this is enough for me :P ( I think her sister is Kagura, and Kagura hold Jellal responsible for getting them separated in somehow).

Lucy was the only one who can use magic in Edolas world, so Yukino should be ok too, she also uses stellar spirit. Another thing is The magic was drained from Edolas word, not form Earth land, she shouldn't have any trouble using magic in Earth Land since there is no limit.

Monti
November 09, 2012, 11:37 PM
I'm wondering if we've met that girl on the far left of the Garou Knights before? The one that pops out of the plant. Almost tempted to think its Michelle from the anime. Has to be someone we know what with the way the face is being hidden. But no one but Michelle jump to mind.

KingOfNight
November 10, 2012, 12:02 AM
So what if the "special place" Minerva mentioned is actually down there in the pitfall were Natsu and the others are ? Natsu would probably rescue him and all will be fine.

SerpentTailedAngel
November 10, 2012, 01:08 AM
I like that idea. Sting's pretty much doomed to failure, since his pulling through means Fairy Tail not winning. But if Lector's really out there he's gotta get him back somehow.

Aranilas
November 10, 2012, 07:01 AM
I agree with you, I don't think Yukino is Edolas Lisanna, but not because she can use magic her name is Yukino...this is enough for me :P ( I think her sister is Kagura, and Kagura hold Jellal responsible for getting them separated in somehow).

Lucy was the only one who can use magic in Edolas world, so Yukino should be ok too, she also uses stellar spirit. Another thing is The magic was drained from Edolas word, not form Earth land, she shouldn't have any trouble using magic in Earth Land since there is no limit.

No - Lucy could use magic in Edolas, because Mystogan gave her these red pill. You remember - she was also the person he gave the bottle of pills to, so that Lucy gave them to the other Fairy Tail members.
But IF Yukino would be the Edolas-Lisanna, there is no point, why she shouldn't be able to use magic ... Mystogan (the Edolas Jellal) was also able to use magic.

By the way - I enjoyed the chapter. Minerva is more evil than I thought. I could also imagine, that she really killed Lector, so she lies to Sting, that he is still alive.
I am also excited how Rouge will fight. I thing his fight with Gajeel will be more interesting than the battle with Natsu. I appraise him in a way Kagura is - if he fight HIS opponent, he will give all of him and can be really strong.

And I cant't wait to see Mira, beating those "wolfs". =D

joshua019
November 10, 2012, 08:05 AM
minerva is such an ass, why do they care about the number 1 guild title anyway, it is pretty much an empty title evidently from ST recent loses, even tenma can easily beat them with jura and mermaid heel can also beat them considering how much they want to avoid kagura. If i remember correctly in the past tournaments tenma and mermaid heel became number 1, this cud have never happen with FT.

Leonsagara
November 10, 2012, 09:04 AM
Yukino can't be the Edolas Lisanna. Edolas Lisanna was the one who died, making Mirajane and Elfman think their Lisanna was dead.

SerpentTailedAngel
November 10, 2012, 10:40 AM
joshua, having one overpowered member doesn't make the guild as a whole better. Without Jura or Kagura their guilds wouldn't stand a chance against the Sabertooth members as a whole. That's why they can get away with avoiding two people while taking out everyone else. (also, I think Tenma is Blue Pegasus. Jura is in Lamia Scale.)

But IF Yukino would be the Edolas-Lisanna, there is no point, why she shouldn't be able to use magic ... Mystogan (the Edolas Jellal) was also able to use magic.
Mystogan's magic came from his staves, remember? But Lucy's magic came from inside her, even if she uses a tool to cast it. That's why she needed to take that pill. Yukino isn't using a tool that we know of that stores magic for her to use, so her magic ought to be coming from herself.

KingOfNight
November 10, 2012, 01:33 PM
joshua, having one overpowered member doesn't make the guild as a whole better. Without Jura or Kagura their guilds wouldn't stand a chance against the Sabertooth members as a whole. That's why they can get away with avoiding two people while taking out everyone else. (also, I think Tenma is Blue Pegasus. Jura is in Lamia Scale.)

Completely agree. Lamia Scale would pretty much be nothing without Jura, in fact, them getting the second place every year without Jura or Lyon makes no sense at all, as without Jura they're Quatro cerberous level or less. The same goes for Mermaid heel without Kagura.

EMS
November 10, 2012, 01:38 PM
i'm new in fairy tail manga but this manga is pretty good, hopefully i will get cut up with you'll soon...

joshua019
November 10, 2012, 06:57 PM
i'm new in fairy tail manga but this manga is pretty good, hopefully i will get cut up with you'll soon...

hope u did not get spoiled when u came to this thread.

@kingofthenight
that is wat i am trying to say, in the past tourney jura and lyon did not participate, so how can ST claim that they are the strongest guild in the 1st place. ST is obsessively trying to keep the title, which other guild could not care less about.

amitnaruto
November 10, 2012, 08:44 PM
hey

so in my opinion not a bad chapter. Lector and Sting are not going to win against gajeel remember Gajeel is natsu's split double with more violence and agressive behaviour so those two are bound to loose again and laxus is too powereful to loose as well. Remember this arc is simply to bring the guild of fairy tail back into number 1 and prove is overpowering strength. rembember that natsu isn't the strongest member of the guild he is strong but there are stronger people then him.

As for minerva don't worry psycho bitch is going down thanks to sexy erza scarlet she's going after her and she's not gonna stand up to her and i don't think lector is alive, that cat is as good as dead to the coffin it's simply to manupilate lector and the rest of the guild that's it

zerocooldx
November 11, 2012, 02:36 AM
The "power of emotions" thing make very little sense that was it was presented in this case. We clearly saw that against Natsu Sting was fighting for Lector because of how everyone bullied and laughed at him. But now his power has increased because he is using the emotions that he has towards Lector...yet Minerva is forcing him to do so? If anything Sting is fighting out of hatred and anger towards Minerva rather then out of legitimate friendship towards Lector. This just sounds like some shitty excuse for Sting to get a power up based off of a concept that for his situation makes no sense. And those Garou Knights are probably going to give Natsu and co. something to do while the tournament wraps up so they aren't just sitting in the cave doing nothing the entire time.

Marche
November 11, 2012, 08:32 AM
Right now I will write only about what has happened to Natsu group.
Since this is a long post I split my post in two parts.
In the first part I wrote my comment of this chapter, while in the second part I wrote my speculation about the fight between the group of Natsu and the Garou Knight.
My comments: I really believe that the princess is not an enemy, she is a good person, I already thought this after the second chapter that she appears, because I (as almost everyone) noticed her sad face, now that this has been highlighted by Mashima in the 1st page I am sure of it.

I don’t like Lucy, I think she is a boring character, but I must admit that I was surprised when I read her comment after that Happy said that Natsu wanted to save her no matter what, even if Natsu would have say that even if instead of Lucy would be everyone.
Anyways I must say that I hope that Yukino will not join Fairy Tail, I think that she would join MH if Kagura will remain there (later in my next post I will explain why I am not so sure that Kagura will remain in MH), or perhaps she will join Crime Sorciere (even of this I will explain it later).

Anyways after that Charle found a passage, and after they met Arcadias that is in a bad shape, probably because he was beated up by the new enemies.
I must admit that now I am not so sure that Arcadia is really a bad guy, at least not sure as I was before of this chapter.
Now I will write of what will happened in this fight:
Yukino and Lucy since they have not their key, they cannot fight, so they will not fight, they will stay back, even if in the truth there is the possibility that they will be kidnapped and taken as hostages.
I don’t know what Wendy will do, she could fight as a support (just like against Hades she will increase the power of the other fighters), but she could even stay back, she could protect Lucy, Yukino and Arcadia, or she could heal Arcadia, if this will happen one between Mira and Lily will stay with her as a bodyguard.

I don’t think that this new fighters will be humiliated, at least not in one chapter, because for that would be enough to use real wolves.
Infact even if they will lose this will happen in few chapter, because so at least we will be able to see their power a little bit.
Perhaps two fighter wil be defeated in the next chapter.
I believe the one who could lose will be the men who uses the acid and the one who has a mohawk hairdo, the two men that showed their magic for first.

There is the possibilities that the men that uses the acid could be the acid’s dragonslayer, while the one who has a mohawk hairdo I believe that he can use the gravity, he is able to decrease the force of gravity, but I think that he just like Bluenote or the stellar spirit of the scales he can even increase it.
If my speculation will be correct I believe that the mohawk hairdo could be defeated by one between Mira and Lily, infact since they could fly they will not be affected by his power, or at least less affected.
The acid’s guy will be defeated by one between Mira and Natsu, even if I believe he will be able to damage them, even if I don’t think too much.

In the truth I would like if the acid’s men before of lose against one between Mira or Natsu will be able to defeat Lily.
Or otherwise Lily could be defeated from the boss, from the knight in armour, if Natsu will fight at first the acid’s men or if he will stay to protect Wendy and the others (that is very unlikely).
I would like this since the leader seem to use some weapons just like Lily, and beside even Lily was a knight in Edolas world.

Anyways I hope that Natsu’s group will defeat only two opponents, while the others I hope that will defeated from Crime Sorciere.
Infact I really hope to see them fight, they will fight the two remaining girls and their leader, I hope this because otherwise their appearance to the tournament would be useless.
I think than that would be good because both of the two team have reasons for fight the other team.
Infact the Garou Knight sentence to death the criminals, and Gerard, Meldy and Urtear are infact wanted criminals, while Crime Sorciere goal is to erase all the darkness, and these Garou Knight are the darkness in Fiore’s kingdom.

If this will happened while we would have this fight Natsu’s group will be able to escape.
In this scenario Gerard will surely fight the leader, while I am not too sure about Meldy and Urtear.
Infact I think that Meldy will fight the woman that appeared from the flower, while Urtear will fight the woman that uses the papers.
In this fight I think that at the beginning Urtear will seem is danger, since I don’t think that with her crystal ball she will be able to change the time of all the piece of paper (and beside if she will turn them back in trees her visual field will decrease, since the trees will hide both the piece of papers and her opponents), but then she will use her Ice magic and will froze all the piece of papers at once, just like Gray did with Lluvia’s water.

In the truth there is the possibilities that Meldy will fight the one that uses the papers (that would be good because that woman is very similar to Urtear), if it so she will be able to pierce all the piece of paper with her swords.
In this case Urtear will fight the woman with the flower, in this case she could change the time of the flower, but I would like if there will be a battle between real flower and Ice flower (just like the first spell that Urtear uses against Gray http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/240/19).
In the truth I think that there is the possibilities that the flower of that woman will sprinkle some perfume, some essence that will make faint the enemies, just Ichiya’s perfume with Jura at the beginning of “Oracion 6 arc”.

Jorge D. Dragon
November 12, 2012, 06:27 AM
Well, people you tend to forget that not only power of feelings is ridiculous thing, but also it doesn't work for everyone. It only works for Fairy Tail.:) That's why it's even more ridiculous.
If in this manga you should just like your friends so much, that no matter what you will still win, then in this final round FT should have put Romeo against the entire Sabertooth and Jura at the same time.;) If you care about your friends, you will still win.:)
Without this crazy illogical thing Fairy Tail manga would be one of the best out there.

About new guys... well, they look stylish and may even make Resque Team beasy for several minutes.:) The only thing is, when the Power of Feelings will be turned on... Because at that moment either Natsu or Mira will one-shot all of them.;)

About Arcadios... No matter what he seems a bad guy to me.:) He seems to be one of those Zeref's zealots...

kidopitz27
November 12, 2012, 08:33 AM
those new enemies that was in the dungeon are sent by either the princess or the beard dude/wounded guy to make Lucy summon her spirits

i think that the door that natsu and co. saw (the door that absorbed natsu's magic power) needed the stellar spirits to open them and not Lucy

Lucy can summon multiple stellar spirits so maybe she can use all of them at ones :)

nitin
November 13, 2012, 04:17 AM
yukino being the edolas lisanna is nice assumption expect for the fact that they cannot use magic on their own.
future macth ups erza vs kagura , juvia vs minerva , laxus vs orga , jura vs sting and rougue, lyon vs gray that leaves gajeel fighting with other remaining memebers. i mostly think fairy tail and lamia scale to be in the first two places than sabertooth who have nothing but those 5 guys to rely on .and all other guys from st are nothing but weak as we saw yukino and their master is one guy obssesed with power.in these seven years they only raised to the top guild only because of these games which require exactly five guys to compete.
i really want to see kagura going all out and how powerful she is and now that she knows jellal is in FT erza being close to jellal this time she will unsheathe her sword and fight seriously. and i donot really want the sting and rogue fighting FT as they are already defeated by them its time to show jura power and their guild strength . how the battles end are for only guesses as mostly they are matched perferct with there magic.
do u think battle between the knights and natsu ,mira will collapse the palace????

THM Nindo
November 13, 2012, 11:26 AM
Well, people you tend to forget that not only power of feelings is ridiculous thing, but also it doesn't work for everyone. It only works for Fairy Tail.:) That's why it's even more ridiculous.

Uh... have you read last chapter?

This is basically Minerva's point.
It's not only working for Fairy Tail, it worked for Sting as well.

Jorge D. Dragon
November 13, 2012, 02:43 PM
THM Nindo
Well, Sting was also fighting for Lector's sake, when he fought against Natsu in the Tournament, but still couldn't win. It actually shows that this power only works in FT's favour.;)
Also I can't agree that Sting was stronger than Genma. It was just the fact that Genma wasn't cautious and clearly understimated Sting, while he managed to use a surprise attack. The same way even Gray can take Makarov or Gildats...

SerpentTailedAngel
November 13, 2012, 10:12 PM
Maybe the idea is that even if he was fighting for Lector's sake it was still mostly a matter of proving he was strong while Natsu was fighting with... the fury of seeing his friend being harmed? And now that Lector is at risk of being harmed... yeah. idk. By this point I kinda think Lector's dead, and Minerva just said a ton of BS to keep Sting in the guild and motivated until the tournament let up.

Though this being Fairy Tail I'm probably wrong -.-

Ifrit
November 14, 2012, 02:39 AM
I don't think Sting will fight any1, Sting will turn on Minerva I'm sure of it. This leaves Gajeel & Rouge have their own show, however it will be a very lame show and not enough to give Gajeel what he deserve.

An encounter between Laxus + Jura + Orga sure is going to happen, same with Erza + Kagura + Minerva ( With a little bit scene between Minerva n Sting )

KingOfNight
November 14, 2012, 11:59 AM
I don't think Sting will fight any1, Sting will turn on Minerva I'm sure of it. This leaves Gajeel & Rouge have their own show, however it will be a very lame show and not enough to give Gajeel what he deserve.

An encounter between Laxus + Jura + Orga sure is going to happen, same with Erza + Kagura + Minerva ( With a little bit scene between Minerva n Sting )

Don't know why you overrate Gajeel so much. Ever since his fight with Natsu he was a pretty much a nobody.

Getting thrashed like nothing by Laxus TWICE.

getting a run for his money by a freaking CAT.

Getting completely thrashed by two unbelievably random members of GH. While natsu and the others defeated people at least 70 times stronger than these two.

Why do you expect so much from him is beyond me.

Ifrit
November 14, 2012, 01:56 PM
Don't know why you overrate Gajeel so much. Ever since his fight with Natsu he was a pretty much a nobody.

Getting thrashed like nothing by Laxus TWICE.

getting a run for his money by a freaking CAT.

Getting completely thrashed by two unbelievably random members of GH. While natsu and the others defeated people at least 70 times stronger than these two.

Why do you expect so much from him is beyond me.

He gave a good match against Natsu, but in the end he fell for what known as "No 1 ever ever ever will beat Natsu in a serious fight not even Gildartz"

I'm pretty sure he did not want to hit Laxus back, so they can acknowledge him as a member of the guild, why else would he protect Levy ?

Lily is the most awesome cat among all the other joke presented in this manga and its Gajeel cat. Lily was overwhelmed by Gajeel strength in the fight.

As for the fight against GH, believe it or not...his fight was way much better than Erza fight against Azuma, or Gray vs Ultear....

SerpentTailedAngel
November 15, 2012, 12:47 AM
Gray lucked out, but Erza beat Azuma. Gajeel got downed by mooks. It's like being beaten by a Team Rocket grunt then saying "so and so only beat Giovani because his Persian hit itself when it was confused." I'm with KingOfNight. He's a strong character, if day 4 was any indication he will cream Rogue, but your giving him too much credit.

KingOfNight
November 15, 2012, 02:05 AM
He gave a good match against Natsu, but in the end he fell for what known as "No 1 ever ever ever will beat Natsu in a serious fight not even Gildartz"

I'm pretty sure he did not want to hit Laxus back, so they can acknowledge him as a member of the guild, why else would he protect Levy ?

Lily is the most awesome cat among all the other joke presented in this manga and its Gajeel cat. Lily was overwhelmed by Gajeel strength in the fight.

As for the fight against GH, believe it or not...his fight was way much better than Erza fight against Azuma, or Gray vs Ultear....

Really now, Lily maybe the strongest cats but thats because he is the only FIGHTING cat you saw how his attacks did nothing at all to Azuma not even scratch him.
Don't misunderstand me, i know Gajeel is strong and all but not that strong. I just don't understand why you expect so much from him. His fight against the goat and chicken may have been pretty epic but his opponents where literally a nobodies, so nobodie-sh that they were made into a goat and a chicken. Even i was surprised he was thrashed by them (yes i consider this their victory because they were pretty fine after the fight while he was out cold for the rest of the arc, had Erza not been there, they could have killed him 20 times over). While i'm sure he will own Rouge, thats as much as i see him doing nothing more really.
And BTW he lost to Natsu because Natsu was genuinely stronger than him.

Jorge D. Dragon
November 15, 2012, 02:56 AM
Well, no matter how you look at it Gajeel is way stronger than Gray, who is just a fan-favourite and has a very strong plot-armour, thus he barely looses even if his opponents outclass him like Ultear or Rufus.
Well, Elza against Azuma... it was beyond any logical reason. Elza's victory was one of the biggest asspulls in the manga history. Azuma literaly had the entire power of Tenrojima and the power of entire Fairy Tail (including Makarov and Gildartz) and Elza managed to take him down? That's just "a power of friendship", that's normally called asspull in a dictionary no matter how we look in it...

Also, Gajeel powered-up considerably after timeskip during his training. I doubt that it would be an easy match for him, when he fights agasinst Rogue, but still he should win this one. And I doubt it would be as much of an asspull as it was on Gray's part.

KingOfNight
November 15, 2012, 03:05 AM
Well, no matter how you look at it Gajeel is way stronger than Gray, who is just a fan-favourite and has a very strong plot-armour, thus he barely looses even if his opponents outclass him like Ultear or Rufus.
Well, Elza against Azuma... it was beyond any logical reason. Elza's victory was one of the biggest asspulls in the manga history. Azuma literaly had the entire power of Tenrojima and the power of entire Fairy Tail (including Makarov and Gildartz) and Elza managed to take him down? That's just "a power of friendship", that's normally called asspull in a dictionary no matter how we look in it...

Also, Gajeel powered-up considerably after timeskip during his training. I doubt that it would be an easy match for him, when he fights agasinst Rogue, but still he should win this one. And I doubt it would be as much of an asspull as it was on Gray's part.

I highly doubt him to be stronger than Gray, the latter fought people who before the timeskip Gajeel wouldn't even put a scratch on. It's not about fan-favorite it's that Hiro showed how different the gap between Gray and Gajeel was, hell, before that darn timeskip Gray was even stronger than Natsu but this is Hiro and he can make one character stronger than it's previous superior in one chapter.

adbanginwar
November 15, 2012, 04:27 AM
I highly doubt him to be stronger than Gray, the latter fought people who before the timeskip Gajeel wouldn't even put a scratch on. It's not about fan-favorite it's that Hiro showed how different the gap between Gray and Gajeel was, hell, before that darn timeskip Gray was even stronger than Natsu but this is Hiro and he can make one character stronger than it's previous superior in one chapter.

Gray stronger than Natsu? where did you get that idea?

SerpentTailedAngel
November 15, 2012, 05:21 AM
Obviously, it's because kid Gray won that skirmish in the OVA.
Not sure where I'd place Gray relative to Gajeel. He gets more screen/panel time, but I think they'd come out pretty evenly matched, based on how other fights have gone. If Rogue tries Dragon Force again I may change my mind, but as of now that's how I see it.

As for Gray being stronger than Natsu... No. Erza is stronger unless the situation says otherwise, and Gildartz and Laxus have both proven that they're stronger, but Gray has most certainly not demonstrated that he's stronger.
That being said, I think Gray had the best shot at becoming S-Class. Cana and Lucy didn't seem capable of taking on him and Loke, and Natsu wouldn't have found the grave.

KingOfNight
November 15, 2012, 05:58 AM
Gray stronger than Natsu? where did you get that idea?

Based on what I've seen. When Racer thrashed Natsu, Gray equaled him temporarily and defeated him with Lyon. In fact Natsu couldn't Match anyone from OS
Without some random power up (Zero) or a stupid victory (Cobra).
Same when that Owl dude whooped Natsu and then Gray smashed him.
And when Ultear thrashed Natsu, Gray fought her evenly (And she was supposedly the leader of 7KOP though i'm sure Azuma is stronger than her) and then defeated her.

While Natsu couldn't defeat anyone important without some cheap power up. Gray has on several occasion proved that he is strong on his own.
Oh and he won that little skirmish in the OVA:teehee

adbanginwar
November 15, 2012, 06:35 AM
Based on what I've seen. When Racer thrashed Natsu, Gray equaled him temporarily and defeated him with Lyon. In fact Natsu couldn't Match anyone from OS
Without some random power up (Zero) or a stupid victory (Cobra).
Same when that Owl dude whooped Natsu and then Gray smashed him.
And when Ultear thrashed Natsu, Gray fought her evenly (And she was supposedly the leader of 7KOP though i'm sure Azuma is stronger than her) and then defeated her.

While Natsu couldn't defeat anyone important without some cheap power up. Gray has on several occasion proved that he is strong on his own.
Oh and he won that little skirmish in the OVA:teehee

natsu defeated master zero not someone push over, cobra was second generation dragon slayer like Laxus. He defeated him as well. what is so stupid about it.
Gray didnot defeat racer, technically it was Lyon's plan and Gray just delivered last blow (maybe a cheap shot).

Gray vs Ultear; clearly Ultear lost when she was engrossed in flashback. it was not even fight when other stands still and keeps dreaming.

Cheap power up?? Natsu eats fire that is not powerup. i do not agree Gray being stronger than Natsu in anyway.

btw gray was defeated by Raijinshu's member while Natsu defeated Laxus. in your logic then Gray is stronger than Laxus. lol

Jorge D. Dragon
November 15, 2012, 06:42 AM
Well, as for Elza being stronger than current Natsu... I seriously doubt it. Especially since Natsu managed to take down both Sting and Rogue, when they were using Dragon Forse, while he wasn't even using his full power as he didn't use his Fire-Lightning DS Mode... So I believe only Makarov, Gildatz and Luxus are currently stronger than Natsu.

KingOfNight
November 15, 2012, 06:54 AM
natsu defeated master zero not someone push over, cobra was second generation dragon slayer like Laxus. He defeated him as well. what is so stupid about it.
Gray didnot defeat racer, technically it was Lyon's plan and Gray just delivered last blow (maybe a cheap shot).

Gray vs Ultear; clearly Ultear lost when she was engrossed in flashback. it was not even fight when other stands still and keeps dreaming.

Cheap power up?? Natsu eats fire that is not powerup. i do not agree Gray being stronger than Natsu in anyway.

btw gray was defeated by Raijinshu's member while Natsu defeated Laxus. in your logic then Gray is stronger than Laxus. lol

He defeated master Zero because he ate Jellal full magic power, thats the full magic power of a potent Wizard Saint one of the strongest 10 mages in the world, thats not a cheap power up ? He was humiliated completely by Cobra and won because he screamed, thats not stupid ? Thats the same Cobra that Defeated ( in a way he did) Erza.
I didn't say he defeated Racer alone, i said he equaled him while natsu was unable to even touch him.
Natsu defeated Laxus ? So you're trying to say Natsu is stronger than Laxus ? It's not like Gajeel was there at all, nope. It was also a completely fair fight and not an asspull victory.

wooticus
November 15, 2012, 07:58 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, maybe somebody already stated something similar:

Arcadios still is the bad guy here obviously. This whole thing that happens in the palace at the moment just looks like a insidious plan to bond Fairy Tail with Arcadios. I have the feeling Arcadios wants FT to think that the King & Palace are the bad guys, so he put himself down there and ordered that executioner squad to engage him and Fairy Tail and lose the fight after he himselfs steps in to help Fairy Tail. All this just happens so that Arcadios can gain FT's trust and then he will trick them into helping him with Eclipse plan.

As for the fight: We got super-powerful Natsu and Mira, supported by Wendy's improved magic. Well, those opponents might be decent, but they'll shine through cheap tricks & teamwork while Natsu will force them straightforward. At the current state of the manga you have to be 10 Wizard Saint level or above to defeat Natsu, and I'm totally sure that not a single person of that team is on that level.

Lozmaster
November 15, 2012, 07:59 AM

Natsu didn't even beat cobra. Natsu and Happy were unable to move after Natsu used his "roar" because of Cobras poison, while cobra was still standing, in his dragon force mode, about to kill them both, until Master Zero attacked Cobra.

Jorge D. Dragon
November 15, 2012, 08:01 AM
KingOfNight
Well, there is no indication that the Flame of Rebuke that Gerar gave to Natsu was his entire power... thus I can't agree with you on this. And about a cheap power-up... Well, you might be right or might be that we are wrong. The thing is, that Natsu's power is to eat different types of flames and thus to get stronger with it. So him getting stronger with it is more or less logical, but other power-ups of any other character that just gets stronger, because he likes his friends or because he or she can hear their voices is at least illogical.:) Don't you agree?:)

And about the way he defeated Cobra... Well, it wasn't splendid, it wasn't flawless, but it was really Cobra's double-edged sword as he had an overwhelming sense of hearing, thus it would be his vice, when he hears too loud voices.

kkck
November 15, 2012, 08:03 AM
How is it possible to argue nakama powerup does not work outside fairy tail? That is exactly the point minerva made. And it makes sense nakama powerup would not work when sting fought natsu. Sting wanted to fulfill some dumb promise which is ultimately irrelevant to lector's overall safety and even shortly before that sting had acted precisely the way he felt was wrong with yukino. I still do wonder who will become saber's new master though.

Anyhow, is there a chance of kagura being yukino's sister and they simply failed to recognize each other?

Lozmaster
November 15, 2012, 08:16 AM
Anyhow, is there a chance of kagura being yukino's sister and they simply failed to recognize each other?

Sure, there is a "chance". It's not a good one though, nor would it make sense.

I think her sister is more likely Meredy. It makes slightly more sense. The only things we really know is that her sister was taken during an attack by a "Cult of Zeref" (Grimore Heart) that killed their parents, which matches Meredys backstory.

KingOfNight
November 15, 2012, 08:38 AM
KingOfNight
Well, there is no indication that the Flame of Rebuke that Gerar gave to Natsu was his entire power... thus I can't agree with you on this. And about a cheap power-up... Well, you might be right or might be that we are wrong. The thing is, that Natsu's power is to eat different types of flames and thus to get stronger with it. So him getting stronger with it is more or less logical, but other power-ups of any other character that just gets stronger, because he likes his friends or because he or she can hear their voices is at least illogical.:) Don't you agree?:)

And about the way he defeated Cobra... Well, it wasn't splendid, it wasn't flawless, but it was really Cobra's double-edged sword as he had an overwhelming sense of hearing, thus it would be his vice, when he hears too loud voices.

There is actually, at the start of chapter 295 Jellal said "Even against Zero he was able to activate it (DF) only after eating my FULL MAGIC power".
I guess we all can agree thats hell huge amount of magical power it's not even funny. It's logical that he eats flames and get stronger but be honest and ask yourself this:
When was the last time he actually ate a normal flames and said "i'm all revived up" ? Funny huh ? Lately he's been eating everything here and there, Eitherion, Flames of rebuke, Lightning and god flames, the heck is up with that ? This is obviously a cheap power-up. About the other power-ups, i completely agree but Gray unlike most of the others didn't do that not one time i ever remember. Now a days his fighting with just pure rage.

adbanginwar
November 15, 2012, 09:55 AM
He defeated master Zero because he ate Jellal full magic power, thats the full magic power of a potent Wizard Saint one of the strongest 10 mages in the world, thats not a cheap power up ? He was humiliated completely by Cobra and won because he screamed, thats not stupid ? Thats the same Cobra that Defeated ( in a way he did) Erza.
I didn't say he defeated Racer alone, i said he equaled him while natsu was unable to even touch him.
Natsu defeated Laxus ? So you're trying to say Natsu is stronger than Laxus ? It's not like Gajeel was there at all, nope. It was also a completely fair fight and not an asspull victory.

Natsu didnot eat full power of Jelal. Jelal was not full power when he gave his power to Natsu. He has been fighting midnight, prior to that he was dead, then tried killing himself with destruction seal.

Gajeel and Natsu defeated Laxus. AND GRAY did not defeat racer. infact only thing that landed was his last shot and nothing else. Laxus is stronger to Natsu even after timeskip.

Again Gray is not stronger than Natsu.

KingOfNight
November 15, 2012, 10:21 AM
Natsu didnot eat full power of Jelal. Jelal was not full power when he gave his power to Natsu. He has been fighting midnight, prior to that he was dead, then tried killing himself with destruction seal.

Gajeel and Natsu defeated Laxus. AND GRAY did not defeat racer. infact only thing that landed was his last shot and nothing else. Laxus is stronger to Natsu even after timeskip.

Tell that to Jellal who stated he gave him his full magical power. No that was not the only hit and even if it was, that just mean he one-shot an OS member.

Please don't don't state your opinion as if it's some fact.

Jorge D. Dragon
November 15, 2012, 10:22 AM
KingOfNight
Well, he wasn't actually given anything close to Gerar's full power. As it was already stated by adbanginwar, Gerar was worn out and thus he gave what was left to Natsu. Also Flame of Rebuke is a flame, so why are you argueing? Well, I agree that Etherion or Lightning were a bit of an asspull. Still, at least Lightning was explained as it seems that it was given from Luxus and now is also part of Natsu's power, but with this you still can understand how a character powered-up, but Elza or Gray mostly have something illogical, so this can't be a power-up, but an asspull, also called "nakama power".

kkck
Well, no matter how we look at it, the promise Sting made to Lector should be the same for him as for Natsu to win the Tournament or to not loose to Sting, but in this case we've seen as well that nakama power-up might work only for Fairy Tail. We haven't seen anyone in this manga apart from FT using it.
Also, Sting defeated Genma not because of nakama power-up, but because Genma wasn't cautious and was too arrogant, thinking that noone from his Guild would fight back, when he does what he wants.
And about Saber's Master? Well, I think Sting should be the one, since he defeated Genma and also was reffered by Minerva as one?:)

KingOfNight
November 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
KingOfNight
Well, he wasn't actually given anything close to Gerar's full power. As it was already stated by adbanginwar, Gerar was worn out and thus he gave what was left to Natsu. Also Flame of Rebuke is a flame, so why are you argueing? Well, I agree that Etherion or Lightning were a bit of an asspull. Still, at least Lightning was explained as it seems that it was given from Luxus and now is also part of Natsu's power, but with this you still can understand how a character powered-up, but Elza or Gray mostly have something illogical, so this can't be a power-up, but an asspull, also called "nakama power".

Hey, that's what Jellal said, he gave him his full magical power and even if its not, it's still a cheap power (but it is his full magical power). Even if it was flames Natsu described it as more like Etherion when he ate it and it gave him too much power, what i'm arguing about is that he gets a cheap power-up in every battle regardless of what form that power-up is. Gray never really had any Nakama power ups or asspulls, as for Erza...well what happened with Azuma is far more than just Nakama power-up or asspull, it was something else entirely.

dex
November 15, 2012, 10:49 AM

natsu wins against every strong enemy coz of plot no jutsu or nakama powerups...

against laxus it was a stupid fight...got help from gajeel...laxus went crazy coz his gramps was sick and his fairy law didnt work...he just beat a confused guy who almost lost his will to fight...

against cobra he won coz of accident(him shouting)...otherwise cobra took his case...

against zero he won coz of dragon force which is final form of DS magic...and help form jellal..

you says gray defeated racer with help from lyon...racer was the type of enemy which could not be defeated alone...do you think natsu could have defeated racer 1 on 1 ?

ultear was head of 7 kins...not even natsu could have defeated her....gray cornered her...he found a solution to her magic and countered it magnificiently...after being hit by meldy's magic...in a bad condition...what happened next was just to end the fight...ultear lost the moment grey countered her main magic...i dont expect natsu to do it ever...

even though natsu has been continuously focused on again and again but still grey has his moments...his quick thinking and intelligence always makes him find a solution to the problems...he is not fire which rages he is ice which has altogether different properties...he might not be stronger than natsu but i won't say that he is weaker than him...

adbanginwar
November 15, 2012, 11:10 AM
Hey, that's what Jellal said, he gave him his full magical power and even if its not, it's still a cheap power (but it is his full magical power). Even if it was flames Natsu described it as more like Etherion when he ate it and it gave him too much power, what i'm arguing about is that he gets a cheap power-up in every battle regardless of what form that power-up is. Gray never really had any Nakama power ups or asspulls, as for Erza...well what happened with Azuma is far more than just Nakama power-up or asspull, it was something else entirely.

Jellal got hit by Zero http://www.mangareader.net/135-39430-11/fairy-tail/chapter-159.html

Bottom right hand corner panel "I'm worn out" that is before handing over the power. http://www.mangareader.net/135-39430-12/fairy-tail/chapter-159.html

I hope you agree that it was not full power but his left over.

SerpentTailedAngel
November 15, 2012, 11:22 AM
The fact that Natsu has the capacity for Dragon Force alone should count for something, and in theory he could reach it by consuming enough regular flame. He just happened to be handed a condensed version. Natsu also might have needed another person's help to defeat Racer, but that wasn't the point being made about him. The point was that Lyon had a significantly larger hand in Racer's defeat. Gray was just tripping Racer here and there or trying to keep up with him. Lyon was the one who figured out how to defeat him and set everything up for that. Lyon's also the one who saved Gray when Racer got back up after being beaten and attempted a kamikaze attack, kind of like that thing people point out where Cobra got back up after the fight with Natsu.

But looking at more recent battles, even if Natsu hadn't indicated that he could beat Ultear himself, he probably could have too if he'd been the one there when she got distracted by flashbacks. He may have taken more of a beating in that time, but that's never stopped him before. Gray beat his opponent there because he was lucky. And if you want to talk about Gray being resourceful with the blood ice than give Natsu some credit for taking down Hikaru with the voodoo doll.

adbanginwar
November 15, 2012, 11:22 AM
natsu wins against every strong enemy coz of plot no jutsu or nakama powerups...
not against the wind guy in intial arc. and yes many times its because of plot
against laxus it was a stupid fight...got help from gajeel...laxus went crazy coz his gramps was sick and his fairy law didnt work...he just beat a confused guy who almost lost his will to fight...Not just gajeel, it was first mystogan's fight then erza's and then both of them. Though i do not think it was stupid fight. It showed laxus' power. before than there was no plot/scene where laxus' strength was showcased

against cobra he won coz of accident(him shouting)...otherwise cobra took his case...http://www.mangareader.net/135-30482-19/fairy-tail/chapter-150.html Natsu says he planned it and happy says otherwise.

against zero he won coz of dragon force which is final form of DS magic...and help form jellal..are you complaining because he is using his power? DF is DS magic and you want him to not use it.

you says gray defeated racer with help from lyon...racer was the type of enemy which could not be defeated alone...do you think natsu could have defeated racer 1 on 1 ?who said that? It was answer to King of night where he said Gray defeated and natsu didnt. you need to read related posts before you comment.

ultear was head of 7 kins...not even natsu could have defeated her....gray cornered her...he found a solution to her magic and countered it magnificiently...after being hit by meldy's magic...in a bad condition...what happened next was just to end the fight...ultear lost the moment grey countered her main magic...i dont expect natsu to do it ever...Why? Ultear's ice magic could not have affected natsu as he used fire type magic. Only magic which she could hit him with was time arc and we did see natsu punching her just before ultear leaving.

even though natsu has been continuously focused on again and again but still grey has his moments...his quick thinking and intelligence always makes him find a solution to the problems...he is not fire which rages he is ice which has altogether different properties...he might not be stronger than natsu but i won't say that he is weaker than him...No body is saying Gray is weak but he is not stronger than Natsu.

Natsu has superior element magic. he can replenish is magic by eating fire. He is not affected by fire however Gray is hurt with ice magic as seen in Ultear's fight.

KingOfNight
November 15, 2012, 11:33 AM
Jellal got hit by Zero http://www.mangareader.net/135-39430-11/fairy-tail/chapter-159.html

Bottom right hand corner panel "I'm worn out" that is before handing over the power. http://www.mangareader.net/135-39430-12/fairy-tail/chapter-159.html

I hope you agree that it was not full power but his left over.

Then you might want to explain to me what he said here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/295/4 .

dex
November 15, 2012, 11:34 AM
The fact that Natsu has the capacity for Dragon Force alone should count for something, and in theory he could reach it by consuming enough regular flame. He just happened to be handed a condensed version. Natsu also might have needed another person's help to defeat Racer, but that wasn't the point being made about him. The point was that Lyon had a significantly larger hand in Racer's defeat. Gray was just tripping Racer here and there or trying to keep up with him. Lyon was the one who figured out how to defeat him and set everything up for that. Lyon's also the one who saved Gray when Racer got back up after being beaten and attempted a kamikaze attack, kind of like that thing people point out where Cobra got back up after the fight with Natsu.

But looking at more recent battles, even if Natsu hadn't indicated that he could beat Ultear himself, he probably could have too if he'd been the one there when she got distracted by flashbacks. He may have taken more of a beating in that time, but that's never stopped him before. Gray beat his opponent there because he was lucky. And if you want to talk about Gray being resourceful with the blood ice than give Natsu some credit for taking down Hikaru with the voodoo doll.

their is no capacity for DF..its a power which every DS has ...
about racer fight all im saying is that even natsu could not have defeated him alone... its not about what the fight was implying...its just the opponent was too good to be handled alone by natsu or grey or lyon...
about ultear...all i was pointing out that grey did too good compared to his conditon against her...
agreed on the way natsu handled voodoo doll...

the point here is that people underestimate grey a lot...you can come up with many reasons to support natsu...and you will get coz he is the main character...he gets lucky,or help or some powerups everytime... in none of your point have you proved that grey is inferior to natsu...and that was my whole point to begin with

Natsu has superior element magic. he can replenish is magic by eating fire. He is not affected by fire however Gray is hurt with ice magic as seen in Ultear's fight.

the way you edit is annoying...could have just replied normally...

adbanginwar
November 15, 2012, 11:45 AM
their is no capacity for DF..its a power which every DS has ...
about racer fight all im saying is that even natsu could not have defeated him alone... its not about what the fight was implying...its just the opponent was too good to be handled alone by natsu or grey or lyon...
about ultear...all i was pointing out that grey did too good compared to his conditon against her...
agreed on the way natsu handled voodoo doll...

the point here is that people underestimate grey a lot...you can come up with many reasons to support natsu...and you will get coz he is the main character...he gets lucky,or help or some powerups everytime... in none of your point have you proved that grey is inferior to natsu...and that was my whole point to begin with

the way you edit is annoying...could have just replied normally...

DF is DS magic. it is not unfair in anycase. People may not underestimate Gray it just he is third power in the group after Erza and Natsu. You can bet Gray got loads of help in his fight too. He had help in deliora arc where his story was revealed. granted he has gotten tremendously stronger and was able to fight Ultear evenly after using iced blood.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Then you might want to explain to me what he said here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/295/4 .
its a mistranslation perhaps...not the first time it has happened however you are free to speculate. But it should be evident that it cannot be full power fire when he has couple of fighting and taking that green ray headon in the boss battle.

SerpentTailedAngel
November 15, 2012, 11:53 AM
their is no capacity for DF..its a power which every DS hasSo every DS has the ability to go super saiyan then. They still learned the magic that gave them that ability, making it part of their power, meaning it should by no means be counted against them when they use it.

I was mostly trying to argue your points, not come up with more of my own. In any case, I'm not trying to say Gray is weak. He did a good job against Rufus, whatever some people thought of that battle. I'm here arguing because the idea was thrown out that Gray was stronger than Natsu.

KingOfNight
November 15, 2012, 12:00 PM
DF is DS magic. it is not unfair in anycase. People may not underestimate Gray it just he is third power in the group after Erza and Natsu. You can bet Gray got loads of help in his fight too. He had help in deliora arc where his story was revealed. granted he has gotten tremendously stronger and was able to fight Ultear evenly after using iced blood.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

its a mistranslation perhaps...not the first time it has happened however you are free to speculate. But it should be evident that it cannot be full power fire when he has couple of fighting and taking that green ray headon in the boss battle.

It's not a translation even MS version said so as well as the wiki. He said "i'm worn out" not i'm out of Magical power. If only a small portion of his Magical power equals Etherion then you trying to tell me his full magical power is at least ten times Etherion ?
And again he is not second to Natsu, to Erza yeah but not to Natsu. You still didn't reply to many things. Gray may have not defeated Racer but put up a fight while Natsu couldn't even touch the latter. And again the thing with the Owl where he owned Natsu but got owned By Gray, even Natsu was angry saying that Gray will hold to this one and brag about it.

SerpentTailedAngel

Just because Ultear got distracted for moments by the flashbacks doesn't mean thats the only reason Gray won. With Natsu's IQ and his magic, i can't see him doing this at all. Beside we already saw how he fair against the former two times and he just got thrashed, hell he was almost defeated by Kain Hikaru whom is weaker than Ultear and much more stupid, this only shows that without his Nakama power-ups and other power-ups he is as good as lucy.

SerpentTailedAngel
November 15, 2012, 12:07 PM
I hate to break it to you, but the wiki isn't done by anyone involved in the production of Fairy Tail. It's put together by people who read the same online translations that you do. They just try to keep things looking as fact based as possible.

(by the way, the official translation of the worn out line while the fight with Brain is going on is is "I'm already torn to shreds" but also has Erza saying before she starts fighting Midnight "He's exhausted his reserves of magic" from using the destruction spell on himself.)

dex
November 15, 2012, 12:21 PM
So every DS has the ability to go super saiyan then. They still learned the magic that gave them that ability, making it part of their power, meaning it should by no means be counted against them when they use it.
that is highest level of DS magic...if they are powerful enough to activate it then they can use it...so every DS if powerful enough or has lacrima can activate DF...natsu that time was not powerful enough to go DF by himself ...but he ate those golden flames and went DF...learning some magic and using it is different...(any FT member can learn fairy glitter but using it is not just that anyone can do...remember what mavis said about cana being able to use it coz her latent magic power is high) to use DF there should be some condition which needs to be satisfied...and when am i counting it against natsu ?? i was just putting points as facts...

I was mostly trying to argue your points, not come up with more of my own. In any case, I'm not trying to say Gray is weak. He did a good job against Rufus, whatever some people thought of that battle. I'm here arguing because the idea was thrown out that Gray was stronger than Natsu.

did i belittle natsu in any way ? apart from stating facts all i said was that grey cannot be underestimated...i never said that he is stronger than natsu...did i ? :)

KingOfNight
November 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
SerpentTailedAngel

...I know what the wiki is :-_-

SerpentTailedAngel
November 15, 2012, 01:47 PM
did i belittle natsu in any way ? apart from stating facts all i said was that grey cannot be underestimated...i never said that he is stronger than natsu...did i ? :)

It was thrown out there, even if you weren't the one who said it, and you made an argument earlier that devalued a lot of Natsu's fights while talking up Gray's. I said I got all involved because someone said it, not because you did

Ifrit
November 15, 2012, 03:18 PM
hahaha, you guys are amazing. When some1 wins with power up or nakama power up we complained. When Laxus kicked Raven Tail ass with no power up or anything. Just pure strength we also did not like that.

I don't wanna go into who is stronger discussion there is already a thread for that. We should atleast agree with each other that all the "5 main team" uses the nakama power up. However I agree that Natsu lean more on his friends n outside help to win his fights, and Grey actually uses his head in battle.

Also agree that up until now, for me Grey only good fight was the recent one against Rufus, you should not give him credit or say that he actually defeated Ultear or Recer Sorry but he didn't.

Racer was gonna kill Grey after his final blow " which was Lyon idea anyway", and Ultear lost the will to fight she was confused with all the flashback coming to her, and let us not forget that Ultear can always go back and user Arc of time to take out Grey ice.

Just think about it he only used his blood to attack her the first time, I doubt he has enough blood to keep freezing n use it against some1....and even if he did that she can use Ice magic to defend against it....

As for Grey being stronger than Gajeel...well...:fail

KingOfNight
November 15, 2012, 11:44 PM
hahaha, you guys are amazing. When some1 wins with power up or nakama power up we complained. When Laxus kicked Raven Tail ass with no power up or anything. Just pure strength we also did not like that.

I don't wanna go into who is stronger discussion there is already a thread for that. We should atleast agree with each other that all the "5 main team" uses the nakama power up. However I agree that Natsu lean more on his friends n outside help to win his fights, and Grey actually uses his head in battle.

Also agree that up until now, for me Grey only good fight was the recent one against Rufus, you should not give him credit or say that he actually defeated Ultear or Recer Sorry but he didn't.

Racer was gonna kill Grey after his final blow " which was Lyon idea anyway", and Ultear lost the will to fight she was confused with all the flashback coming to her, and let us not forget that Ultear can always go back and user Arc of time to take out Grey ice.

Just think about it he only used his blood to attack her the first time, I doubt he has enough blood to keep freezing n use it against some1....and even if he did that she can use Ice magic to defend against it....

As for Grey being stronger than Gajeel...well...:fail

Your post highly implies that Gray is equal to Natsu, so are you saying Gajeel is stronger than Natsu and Gray ? :epicfacepalm

ghostexiled
November 15, 2012, 11:56 PM
Guys please take the discussion of "Who is stronger than who?" to the proper thread. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/60238-Strongest-Mages')

Please keep on track with the thread topic.

adbanginwar
November 16, 2012, 01:26 AM
I think we would have amazing next few chapters where we would see side by side matches of main event and natsu and team fighting those new fighters.

if a captain for knights had trouble with fighting mages they should be really something.