PDA

View Full Version : Question Gantz The 1000

ssjohn
January 29, 2007, 07:16 PM
While reading the latest chapters (241-242) i saw a add for Gantz 100th and i was wondering what it is? i couldnt find any info on it..

Anyways if you could give me info on what it is that would be a big help ^_^

Thanks in advance :)

xi0
January 31, 2007, 06:46 AM
It's actually called "Gantz The 1000". The first volume is called Thousand in Raptures, and the second volume is called Thousand in Despair. They're actually a repackaging of the Volumes 1-5, and Volumes 6-10, with each being around a thousand pages each I believe. They come with bonus color pages and stickers I heard. When I say volumes 1-5 and 6-10 this is a rough estimate, as the Thousand in Raptures contains chapters 1-56, and Thousand in Despair contains chapters 57-111. The Raptures volume is missing the last two chapters of volume five, 57 and 58. They are in the Despair volumes, and chapter 111 really only marks the halfway point in volume 10, before Izumi's massacre takes place, so it's a rough estimate. Apparently the page format is different, and is closer to the Young Jump Magazine. I'm not sure whether that means they are larger or smaller, but my guess is smaller since each volume is so long.

venicia777
January 31, 2007, 08:12 AM
wow- i saw that too and didnt know what it was at all. I just thought it was an ad for something else like a card game or something.

Good to know.

ssjohn
February 11, 2007, 04:43 PM
Wow... thats long >.< now i just hope the manga will get Lincneced and we mite can get those here in english >__> ok i know that we wont but a guy can dream right?

zindryr
February 11, 2007, 05:23 PM
Do any of you guys know of the actual quality of these? Are they magazine release quality? Or are they the good volume release quality? I'm thinking of purchasing them for myself, but not sure I want to do so if they're magazine paper quality.

xi0
February 11, 2007, 06:04 PM
Do any of you guys know of the actual quality of these? Are they magazine release quality? Or are they the good volume release quality? I'm thinking of purchasing them for myself, but not sure I want to do so if they're magazine paper quality.

The only thing that I can say regarding the quality, is that I heard the pages are larger and closer to YJ pages in size. I'm not sure whether that means they are YJ quality though.