PDA

View Full Version : Review Bleach Chapter 260 Review

Athena
January 30, 2007, 02:14 AM
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3852/bankaist3.jpg

Q: what is more beautiful than Ichigo and Hollow-Ichigo going Bankai at the same time?
A: Nothing!

Chapter 260 Review

Why so late? :darn

I’m really sorry about the delay but on Saturday when I started writing this review, I realized I have an unexpected company in my room: an ugly little black-gray mouse that was shamelessly staring at me with those evil-looking eyes of his. Worse came to worst when I realized he has a brother too. “What should I do?” the boy behind the computer asked himself. “Blast the house into oblivion, massacre the neighbors and surrender myself to the police? Or call for back up?” he thought within himself.
After 2 days of brutal battle between the army of darkness (being them) and army of angles (being us the humans) we finally managed to send them to heaven. Peace be upon them…

Now let’s start the review

This was the chapter we were all waiting for since 2005! The last battle Chad actually won was when he fought that weird Tatsuhusa guy In SS Arc.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5564/51323994yz0.jpg

But he lost every single fight after that,

Against Captain Shunsui Kyōraku...
and then Against Yammy :(
...and again this time Against D-Roy :s

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4173/untitledbq6.jpg

Now before we get to his new power let’s go back to chapter 224. This is what Uruhara thought about Chad’s power. In fact Uruhara knew from the beginning that Chad (Or Sado, i prefer Chad!) has hollow powers but for some reasons he didn’t say anything…what a mysterious character!

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/374/10254519ry1.jpg

And after that, in the same chapter, we suddenly see the hollow Ichigo. Kubo has told us what his true powers were long ago but I never noticed! I was always wondering what those new powers could be but I never imagined he had hollow powers inside of him. This is Chad’s release form and man, what a kick ass form! His second arm totally blew me away.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3750/tmpphp7bnwb5hk4.jpg

Time limit?

It seems unlike Ichigo who can only hold his hollow power for 9 seconds, Chad has absolute control over them in other words, there is no time limit and I am really happy about that. It’s very frustrating to see Ichigo so powerful for 9 seconds and suddenly so week that even a retired 900 years old ex-espada can kick his ass.
Now that Chad is back let him be cocky while he can, he'll eventually have to fight an espada and things won't go as smoothly. I want to see him beating the crap out of at least one espada with his arms.

Hueco Mundo can help controlling hollow powers?

According to Chad this is the first time he has experienced it.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9756/86467927uv4.jpg

Does H. Mundo help awakening someone’s 'true' power? Is that why Uruhara had no hesitation over sending them there in the first place? Or are these all preparations for Ichigo to finally get that hollow inside of him under control? Is that even possible?
I personally think he won’t be able to have absolute control over him. The hollow has to much power, having him in a fight with another espada is like having Kon fighting with Byakuya in his Bankai Form! It’s so one sided.

On the final note, his opponent’s true form is ugly as hell. Reminds me of some of those disgusting bugs in my garden! Ewwwwww….

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3554/lastgf0.jpg

This is what Chad needs: http://www.masta.biz/product-images/large/KNOCK-DOWN-INSECT-SPRAY.jpg

Rating: 5 out of 5. This chapter had everything I wanted to see therefore I also give it my “Editors' choice” :)

Credits: Uberly cool people over at M7. Also the beautiful work at the beginning of my review is from www.animepaper.net

One more thing, I used a lot of pictures from previous chapter because I believe they illustrate my point better than anything else or as you English people say “Pictures speak for themselves”. Do you guys like this style or do I have to stick with pictures only from the most recent chapter?
Let me know what you guys think!
Btw, the arc review will be done soon, as long as those pesky animals leave me alone at home!

Inana
:kkthumbs

manu
January 30, 2007, 02:27 AM
... I like the review but HM helps him since there is a lot of energy in the air, more so then Earth and SS. This is convienient for Hollows and Quincy who get their powers through the atmosphere which was described by Ishida. So yeah in HM Chad might as well be considered stronger then Ichigo. Though I do agree how Chad's composure does point out to one thing, this isn't the same weak Chad. Yammi is going to get his ass handed to him ^^

venicia777
January 30, 2007, 04:02 AM
... I like the review but HM helps him since there is a lot of energy in the air, more so then Earth and SS. This is convienient for Hollows and Quincy who get their powers through the atmosphere which was described by Ishida. So yeah in HM Chad might as well be considered stronger then Ichigo. Though I do agree how Chad's composure does point out to one thing, this isn't the same weak Chad. Yammi is going to get his ass handed to him ^^

yeah-- that was explained on their way to the HM. BUt i dont think Chad is stronger than ichigo. Maybe ichigo in shinigami mode. But in vaizard mode-- i dont think so. Otherwise that will be too much of an upgrade for Chad. Kubo hasnt dont that before.

and another thing too- vizard ichigo has a hollow component so he may even get stronger than he was in the real world while training with the vizards.

Silhouette
January 30, 2007, 05:23 AM
thank you for the review :amuse

I love how you connect current events to the old ones.

It seems unlike Ichigo who can only hold his hollow power for 9 seconds, Chad has absolute control over them

I think the facts that Ichigo fights with his spirit form and has more than one entity (i.e Ichigo and his hallow)in the same body is what's giving him trouble while on the other hand Chad fights with his physical body and he is a hollow himself is what makes it relatively easier for him

I want to see him beating the crap out of at least one espada with his arms
I want him to wipe the floor with Yammy (I am still mad from when Yammy busted the arrancar's lady's head...the one who treated him)

On the final note, his opponent’s true form is ugly as hell. Reminds me of some of those disgusting bugs in my garden! Ewwwwww….
the funniest comment I heard was he looked like an armadillo
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Armadillo.jpg/330px-Armadillo.jpg

But the ex espadas' fights weren't about action, KT didn't design them to be badass at all. Even though the ex espadas were cocky, they were shown in a way that would make you somehow feel sorry for them (Cirucci's fear from her superiors, Dorry longing to take back a position at the top, and Mosqueda's...appearance!). I guess the ex espada battles were to introduce how Ishida and Chad have improved, provide comedy and show how merciless Aizen can get...with his own underlings.

It was very enjoyable review thanks again :)

gigantor21
January 30, 2007, 08:44 AM
This review was AMAZING, okay? Just amazing.

The way you used the old panels to illustrate how Kubo's been screwing Chad over for the past few years was my favorite part. It shows how weak that Chad was made out to be before he underwent his training with Renji perfectly. I also like how you connect your views specifically to old chapters, as Silhouette said, since that made your arguments that much more convincing.

You really did a great job.

(And offer my condolences to the family of the mice.)

Goji
January 30, 2007, 10:52 AM
Just like gigantor21 said, it was a nicely done review! And yes you should keep using these pictures from former chapters, it isn't a bother at all, it helps underbuild your arguments.

I would definitely like to see Chad kick some espada ass in future chapters (especially Yami...), we'll see where his limit lies this time...

All in all; you did a great job! Keep up the good work. :thumbs

qwan3356
January 30, 2007, 11:30 AM
This review was AMAZING, okay? Just amazing.

The way you used the old panels to illustrate how Kubo's been screwing Chad over for the past few years was my favorite part. It shows how weak that Chad was made out to be before he underwent his training with Renji perfectly. I also like how you connect your views specifically to old chapters, as Silhouette said, since that made your arguments that much more convincing.

This was a great review, loved the pics from old chpts to make your point.
and i agree Chad needs to just pwn Yami the next time they meet. i totally want to see Chad just hands down defeat an espada (preferably Yami)

(And offer my condolences to the family of the mice.)

Yes may those Mice rest in peace in Mice heaven!

Athena
January 31, 2007, 01:06 AM
sorry guys but the only time i can get behind the computer is late at night when you're sleeping! so my answers are always pretty late :darn

Yammi is going to get his ass handed to him ^^

I'm SOOO looking forward to see that. if there is one espada i hate it's Yammy. he always acts immature and stupid; one of those characters that needs to die painfully and brutally :notrust

and another thing too- vizard ichigo has a hollow component so he may even get stronger than he was in the real world while training with the vizards.

I originally wanted to write it in my arc review but I’ll ask it here, Ichigo used his hollow mask for almost One second against that former Espada. Does that mean he now has 8 seconds left to fight with his mask? i don't want to be picky but even that single moment is valuable since Grimmjow is not an opponent that you can beat in 8 seconds (or even 9 seconds for that matter!)

I think the facts that Ichigo fights with his spirit form and has more than one entity (i.e Ichigo and his hallow)in the same body is what's giving him trouble while on the other hand Chad fights with his physical body and he is a hollow himself is what makes it relatively easier for him

This was a question somebody asked me about Chad in another website:

" But my question is, okay, his abuelo's spirit is supposed to be the one inhabiting his right arm to give him strength to shield/protect, so... does this mean that another spirit is inhabiting his left arm to help him attack? And if so, what is it? A hollow, maybe?

back then i doubted that but it maybe possible. However so far we haven't seen any indication of hollow existing inside him, unlike ichigo's hollow that used every opportunity to come out of Ichigo.

i also agree with you about Aizen wanting to see how powerful Ichigo's group is. we all know by now Aizen doesn't give a damn about his subordinates (poor Hinamori is the best example)

Thanks man! You’re the greatest! I’m glad you liked it :amuse
I really appreciate all the support you guys gave me!

And thanks for your condolence messages to those evil mice but I’m really hoping that was the last i ever saw them in my house! (Them or their trouble making race!!)

Silhouette
January 31, 2007, 09:29 AM
Ichigo used his hollow mask for almost One second against that former Espada. Does that mean he now has 8 seconds left to fight with his mask? i don't want to be picky but even that single moment is valuable since Grimmjow is not an opponent that you can beat in 8 seconds (or even 9 seconds for that matter!)

I think the 9 sec starts every time he pulls his mask so it will be 9 sec the next time he goes visored.
Fighting for 9 sec is certainly not enough to beat GJ but I think Ichigo will greatly benifit from fighting in HM just like Chad did.

I want to see ossan Zangetsu back more than I want to see Ichigo mastering his visored power.... after all Urahara told Ichigo that the only one who can teach him about Zangetsu is Zangetsu himself and seeing how hollow Ichgio praises Zangetsu and skillfuly use him I bet Zangetsu can do so much damage and Ichigo will come up with awesome new moves...it wouldn't hurt to do them while in visored mode though :p

Athena
February 01, 2007, 01:54 AM
I want to see ossan Zangetsu back more than I want to see Ichigo mastering his visored power.... after all Urahara told Ichigo that the only one who can teach him about Zangetsu is Zangetsu himself and seeing how hollow Ichgio praises Zangetsu and skillfuly use him I bet Zangetsu can do so much damage and Ichigo will come up with awesome new moves...it wouldn't hurt to do them while in visored mode though :p

I’m not sure if I have talked about this in any of my reviews before but I think at one point Ichigo will be able to control the hollow inside of him completely and that opens the way for his zangetsu to return to Ichigo. Now whenever that happens we don't know but it SHOULD at some points. it will make Ichigo the first vizards to do that and perhaps it makes him even stronger compare to when he had his mask on.
Having that in mind, i don't think that will happen anytime soon!! :P

gigantor21
February 01, 2007, 07:56 AM
I’m not sure if I have talked about this in any of my reviews before but I think at one point Ichigo will be able to control the hollow inside of him completely and that opens the way for his zangetsu to return to Ichigo. Now whenever that happens we don't know but it SHOULD at some points. it will make Ichigo the first vizards to do that and perhaps it makes him even stronger compare to when he had his mask on.
Having that in mind, i don't think that will happen anytime soon!! :P

Totally agree with you on this. if Ichigo can master both his Vizard powers and his Bankai, he'll have more than enough to take Aizen on.

But as you said, it probably won't be for a while, which sucks...

Athena
February 01, 2007, 09:02 PM
Totally agree with you on this. if Ichigo can master both his Vizard powers and his Bankai, he'll have more than enough to take Aizen on.

But as you said, it probably won't be for a while, which sucks...

I have a theory (but it's only a theory at this point)
I think Aizen himself has had a hollow inside of him but he took absolute control over him, something that even vizards are not capable of doing yet, and that's why he is that powerful.

Sounds incredibly retarded, I know, but it has room for development!
I’m done with the arc review but I’ll let things cool off a bit here then I’ll posts it! Now before Naruto fans come here and chop me head off (after what I wrote in Gold knight's review!) I better log out! You know, I don't want to join those mice that I sent to heaven sine they too want my head!

destinator
February 01, 2007, 09:21 PM
I have a theory (but it's only a theory at this point)
I think Aizen himself has had a hollow inside of him but he took absolute control over him, something that even vizards are not capable of doing yet, and that's why he is that powerful.

Sounds incredibly retarded, I know, but it has room for development!
I’m done with the arc review but I’ll let things cool off a bit here then I’ll posts it! Now before Naruto fans come here and chop me head off (after what I wrote in Gold knight's review!) I better log out! You know, I don't want to join those mice that I sent to heaven sine they too want my head!

I really liked your review. I loved to be reminded of the old chad fights...I even forgot 1-2 of them already so it was good to be reminded of them again.
As for the chapter I really loved it. Maybe two upgrades are a lot for 2 chapters but I really love their look. I guess this will be his first win in a long time. And thats what chad really deserves (and I am a fanboy oh him xD) for a long time now.

As a sidenote...don't think too bad about us here. We won't delete your posts just because you got a 180° different opinion than we got. And of people can't argue with you in the right way they gonna have a problem with us here =)

Just one negative? thing. How do you want to review a arc and maybe even rate it if its not finished yet? I think you were talking about this arc, werent you?

gigantor21
February 02, 2007, 09:23 AM

Haha, yeah, you totally ripped the chapter to shreds in the very first response post. I'm surprised you're still alive.

On the arc review, are you going to single out each chapter with a small comment, like your first review? Or will you only highlight your favorites?

Athena
February 02, 2007, 04:55 PM
As a sidenote...don't think too bad about us here. We won't delete your posts just because you got a 180° different opinion than we got. And of people can't argue with you in the right way they gonna have a problem with us here =)

thanks man, i really appreciate it :)

Now the answer to your question:

Just one negative? thing. How do you want to review a arc and maybe even rate it if its not finished yet? I think you were talking about this arc, werent you?

On the arc review, are you going to single out each chapter with a small comment, like your first review? Or will you only highlight your favorites?

I did the review for 5 chapters only starting from 250. I did it very similar to what I did before for my first review but one of my friends looked at it and said it's horrible! How mean T_______T

so I'm doing it again, this time I'll write a quick review for each chapter plus some relations between those chapters and some previous chapters. i'll try to add more actual reviews and less pictures this time.
I don’t think I’ll be doing the complete arc review or any review for previous chapters until this arc is finished. Besides your reviews are pretty good for the previous ones so there is no need for me to re-do them. The reason I’m doing this one is because I wanted to review the Ichigo’s chapters since he’s my favorite character :P