PDA

View Full Version : Kakashi Gaiden

Pages : [1] 2

Nodini
January 30, 2007, 04:25 PM
To extend my unhappiness to a higher point it seems that the kakashi gaiden won´t be shown in the anime... :(
After taking some crappy fillers (only one was funny, at least to me), it won´t be possible to see the Yondaime in it´s best shape "kicking some ass"... really disappointing. And for those who don´t read the manga it won´t be possible to understand completely kakashi sayings and motives... bah

Don´t you think it that the kakashi gaiden should be in the anime?

moved to the naruto theater and arcade section ~K

Renamed and stickied. Feel free to use this thread for speculation and discussion around Kakashi Gaiden till it gets animated^^ ~eni

qwan3356
January 30, 2007, 04:48 PM
Yea i wanted to see the Jounin Yondaime in action, now i will be deprived of that one pleasure not a pleased person at the moment
*Walks away throwing fist in the air cussing*

i hope it comes out as a special or something i really want to see it!

Galth
January 30, 2007, 04:54 PM
Don't worry, there's no way they won't eventually animate it. They'll insert it as a filler somewhere (as technically it already was that: a filler), or it'll be released as an OVA dvd, or maybe they'll even make it into a movie~!! Anyway, I don't think they'll let such a good story go unanimated, eventually they'll run out of manga to animate again, and they'll turn their eyes on this again.

Goji
January 31, 2007, 10:29 AM
Whaaaaaaat?! No Kakashi Gaiden! :o There has to be! It has to be there! Noooooo :( :darn :cussing

Well, then I sincerely hope like Khaludh says, they'll do it some other time... 'cause we definitely need to see Yondaime in anime action! ^^

Still can't believe it... :oh

bluegender_2k
January 31, 2007, 10:37 AM
they have to put it in other wise all the obito and tobi stuff will not make sense and if it turns out they are the same person then it would make no sense in the anime and nobody would know who obito is

Logikl
January 31, 2007, 10:42 AM
That would have been a great transition into the time skip by using those chapters to make a filler episode or two... no Yondaime Hokage in animated form... alas so so sad :(

One Eyed Sharingan
January 31, 2007, 10:43 AM
GROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no Kakashi GAIDEN?????
well if they put it in OVA... i really hope they made it in better quality

Chill0
January 31, 2007, 10:47 AM
uhm, they kinda have to show it or kakashi's eye wont make any sense. they will probably show it when he is first using it then? cause without it theirs a major plot hole in the anime.

Galth
January 31, 2007, 10:50 AM
uhm, they kinda have to show it or kakashi's eye wont make any sense. they will probably show it when he is first using it then? cause without it theirs a major plot hole in the anime.

Kakashi has been using his eye since the start of the Naruto manga, and we've all been wondering how it was possible, so postponing the explanation some more won't do much harm, actually. If you mean the Mangekyou Sharingan, then the Gaiden didn't exactly explain how he obtained that either, we've yet to find out... >.>

JoJoJO
January 31, 2007, 11:00 AM
I think Kakashi Gaiden his a back up anime just in case they run out of ideas for the anime.

I do hope they show it eventually.

razor
January 31, 2007, 11:12 AM
LOL.i reallu hope they insert it as a filler . the only thing i want to see is the forth hokage in action and talking.

venicia777
January 31, 2007, 11:48 AM
i predicted a some weeks back that this may happen but i wasnt sure about it at all.. and it surely did. This sucks to high heaven-- sheesh.

i am expecting a special.

Chill0
January 31, 2007, 12:19 PM
Kakashi has been using his eye since the start of the Naruto manga, and we've all been wondering how it was possible, so postponing the explanation some more won't do much harm, actually. If you mean the Mangekyou Sharingan, then the Gaiden didn't exactly explain how he obtained that either, we've yet to find out... >.>

having a normal sharingan is not that much of a problem. but failing to deliver the explanation for his Mangekyou Sharingan is a major fault imo. im pritty sure somewere in the manga its stated that his guilt for the death of obito made him get that eye. he goes to the memorial every day and thats why he is always late. if you feel guilty about your best friends death for that long every day its not weird to get the Mangekyou Sharingan.

just pretent they didnt show gaiden. everyone would be like what the hell?! who did he kill for that thing the last 3 years!!?! as kakashi stated vs sasuke all the people inportant to him died allready. the only logical conclusion is that the death of obito made kakashi get Mangekyou Sharingan. he sure as hell didnt kill his best friend in the last 3 years.

sure they could keep it a secret, but why do so when the manga has given a explanation. (for a reason mind you). if important background stories are not being animated you might aswell keep on making fillers. haha what about the fight naruto vs sasuke without them showing itachi killing his family. thats just as weird as this imo

sahugani
January 31, 2007, 12:28 PM
The manga says nothing about how he got the mangekyou sharingan. you can assume all you want but there is no solid proof.

as for the Kakashi Gaiden not being included it actually makes sense with the fact that the series itself is changing. the anime creators want to end the show "Naruto" with Naruto leaving to train and they want to start "Naruto Shippuden" with his return. do i wish that they put a special in between? yes. In the manga though, as fantastic as the gaiden is and as great a job it does explaining Kakashi's past, its main role was to create a buffer between parts 1 and 2 so that it actually felt like time had passed when Naruto returned. for the anime, the filler served that purpose many times over. they'll definately animate the gaiden and i hope they do it soon

venicia777
January 31, 2007, 01:08 PM
Yup-- Khalud said something similar above. that is one of the reasons why i always had a nagging inkling that they may not animate it. I really wanted to see it before Naruto returned to Konoha.

They better animate it well.

Chill0
January 31, 2007, 01:55 PM
watching anime episode 80 plus reading the kakashi gaiden can let you conclude how he got Mangekyou. without the gaiden you cant. its called character development and if they think they dont need it why dont they just animate the fights only... character development like this is what makes an anime interesting. they dont need to say the obivious you actually have to think sometimes aswell ;o . its only logical and it doesnt necisairly have to be this way still only sugesting it will be better then just ignoring an important thing.

same as showing naruto doing wind rasengan and just leaving out his previous training, cause yes you can think for yourself he had to train to get it.

sharinganLS
January 31, 2007, 07:47 PM
I dont think the anime studio intends to "not animate" KG. I think they r probably waiting for a more suitable timming to show it.

It would give a better effect if KG were interwined into the story as a flashback than have it shown as a seperate segment with no connnection. Like the way the manga and the anime showed the "Itachi's past" flashback right before Sasuke makes the decision not to folow his brother's path.  Anyways I hope u guys understand wat Im trying to say.

It is impossible for studio perriot to ignore KG. They r probably waiting for a more dramatic and emotional timming.

DarkManSharingan32
January 31, 2007, 10:04 PM
If they never show the KG it would really put a damper on the Tobi = Obito theory. Since it wouldn't create that emotion tie form Kakashi to Tobi.

Who knows, they mey wait until Kakashi is in the hospital before showing the KG as a flashback.
It's all up in the air...

But reguardless of my vested interest... i do hope we get to see it. Anime-only folks are really missing out on a good one if it never shows up.

Chill0
February 01, 2007, 12:17 PM
yes thats true. they dont have to show it right now. but not animating at all would be a sad loss.

eni
February 02, 2007, 05:01 AM
I still disagree >.>
As for me, I think they missed what the manga gave us. A break between old and new Naruto, which let us feel the timeskip for real (no Naruto, no younger generation for 4 weeks, remember?). Kishi placed the Gaiden well between Narutos leaving and return, IMHO.

And no. I don't get this feeling with or without watching the fillers. Going back in time and getting all this information about Kakashi&Co without Narutos presence at all is way different from seeing or ignoring him making a fool of himself for nearly two years.

Just my two cents, can't change it anyways :p

SiretaInDisguise
February 02, 2007, 11:04 AM
I really wanted to see Kakashi Gaiden animated. I hope they'll eventually do something with it, but to be totally honest, I was more excited about seeing Sakura and Chiyo battle it out with Sasori than I was worried about Kakashi Gaiden XD.

donkeyhigh
February 02, 2007, 07:29 PM
They can't end the fillers with another filler, it would just confuze those who only watch the anime "Is this a filler? Is this in the manga? What's going on?" and so forth, so they're probably going to make it as a flashback for Kakashi, or state it as a special episode later on.
They just want to get back to the original storyline first.

DarkManSharingan32
February 02, 2007, 08:50 PM
They can't end the fillers with another filler, it would just confuze those who only watch the anime "Is this a filler? Is this in the manga? What's going on?" and so forth, so they're probably going to make it as a flashback for Kakashi, or state it as a special episode later on.

Exactly, they have time...espcially as I said... with Kakashi bed-ridden for the latter part of Part 2. It would be easy for them to introduce it then.... coincidentally just after the first appearence of Tobi.

sharinganLS
February 02, 2007, 09:14 PM
with Kakashi bed-ridden for the latter part of Part 2. It would be easy for them to introduce it then.... coincidentally just after the first appearence of Tobi.

Yup, I think thats the best place to insert KG.

SiretaInDisguise
February 02, 2007, 09:59 PM
Yup, I think thats the best place to insert KG.

Agreed!

fremeer
February 03, 2007, 04:10 AM
Nah i think it might be a 1 hour jump festa special or something

venicia777
February 03, 2007, 04:17 AM

i love you take on it. And that will especially be the case for those who havent read the manga but have heard of Kakashi gaiden.

Nah i think it might be a 1 hour jump festa special or something

This is probable too. Although it may sseem better if was added into the anime as a flashback.

Acalia
February 03, 2007, 04:56 AM
This is probable too. Although it may sseem better if was added into the anime as a flashback.

Yeah... And Naruto makers L-O-V-E flashbacks ^^
So, IMO it will be added as a one, big, juicy flashback :)

venicia777
February 03, 2007, 07:46 AM
I remember the soo many Sasuke flashbacks. I just hope that if they do a series of flashbacks-- it wouldnt be too rushed. We need to be able to enjoy the glory of Yondai as much we can.

Maybe slow motion (jk)

e10ne
February 05, 2007, 11:42 AM
Is teasing us the onlything what the makers of naruto want to do? first 1 year of fillers and now this... (and I hope so to see yondaime so badly :crying)

But finaly the time jump is comming :D

eni
February 10, 2007, 09:49 AM
Thread renamed and stickied. Feel free to use this thread for speculation and discussion around Kakashi Gaiden till it gets animated^^

ibra87
February 10, 2007, 11:41 AM
When I think about it, even if KG is an interesting and partially important story, it does in no way contribute to the main story in anyway. It just shows us a bit about Kakashi's past and his friends and why he has become the current Kakashi. When I say that, I mean that it won't really change anything if they place it in another time. They're perhaps waiting for Chiyo to attack Kakashi and mention White Fang Of Konoha before showing KG to let anime watchers think "OOOOH! So that's what Chiyyo was talking about!" and they probably want to do more out of it than just another normal episodes that aren't really anything special (meaning not OVA or so)
You see, KG is something very important, and it will probably make all the fans go wild (hopefully girls too ;)) so if they make a movie about it, it could mean more $$ instead of (as mentioned above, god, i am repeating myself) making it air on TV right before something else that'll take all the attention away from it, Shippuden.

venicia777
February 10, 2007, 01:59 PM
When I think about it, even if KG is an interesting and partially important story, it does in no way contribute to the main story in anyway. It just shows us a bit about Kakashi's past and his friends and why he has become the current Kakashi. When I say that, I mean that it won't really change anything if they place it in another time. They're perhaps waiting for Chiyo to attack Kakashi and mention White Fang Of Konoha before showing KG to let anime watchers think "OOOOH! So that's what Chiyyo was talking about!" and they probably want to do more out of it than just another normal episodes that aren't really anything special (meaning not OVA or so)
You see, KG is something very important, and it will probably make all the fans go wild (hopefully girls too ;)) so if they make a movie about it, it could mean more $$ instead of (as mentioned above, god, i am repeating myself) making it air on TV right before something else that'll take all the attention away from it, Shippuden.

ibra-- spot on. For many that actually thought seriously about its place in the storyline-- it was more like a manga filler to smoothen the transition from part 1 to part 2. Kakashis character had already been developed at that point. it wasnt that it was going to change his lifestyle or role that much.

But it did sure show his motivation. And what more-- YOndaime -- oriaaaaaaaa!!!!
These in of themeselves makes that gaiden really worth it. what more to show how Kakashi revered yondaime and turned over a new leaf in the friendship department.

Rhan
February 12, 2007, 01:52 PM
My guess is that they asked Kishimoto if Tobi was really Obito and will use KG as flashback material during the Kakashi Obito fight. Just like the Uchiha massacre was used as flashbacks during the Sasuke Naruto fight. (and not before as in the manga)

lexx
February 20, 2007, 06:40 PM
Prediction:

Remember how they threw in Sasuke's childhood as flashbacks throughout the last arc? I wonder if Kakashi Gaiden will be shown as a series of extended flashbacks.

The Boff
February 20, 2007, 07:22 PM
ok... im a pretty calm dude. not big on hate at all. i dont like hate, hate just leads to crap. BUT!

i view movies, anime, manga and books to be like art. and you dont go around and change art! what if someone today said:
well would you look at this picture of this woman mona lisa... the smile is a little off, lets change it!

you just dont do things like that. its WRONG! and to me that is exactly what studio pierrot have done with naruto. first 2 friggin years of filler episodes, that makes the watcher want to cut his own eyes out and fall down in a fetal position and try to summon satan so he can claim your soul and take you down to hell to END your suffering... thats how much i liked the fillers. but i understand the reason they had them. and lets forget for a second that i totally hate them, and look how they SHOULD have made maybe not the last filler episode but atleast very near the end.

something like this:
naruto and the genins are going out on a boring ass mission that no one cares about, maybe saving an ostrich farm from being attacked by hidden village of planet mars shinobi which specialize in heatseaking chopstick no jutsu.
and kakashi are sending them off at the gate, naruto happens to be late this time. and when he finally arrive he tries something that Kakashi does all the time, a really lame and bad excuse. sakura hits naruto and theyre off. kakashi looks at them leaving and then say to himself: just like him.... *fade to black*
we hear heavy breathing.
we see trees moving fast and still heavy breathing is heard.
a voice: Shit! Shit! i wont make it!
ENTER KAKASHI GAIDEN!

thats how they should have fuckin done it!

4thHokage
February 21, 2007, 08:46 AM

maybe kakashi gaiden is essential to the future storyline, obito/tobi i feel are the one person, and if not, i feel that kishi is well aware that the audiance can draw the similarities together. We may not know if it contributes to the main storyline yet, what we know is that it doesnt contribute to the storyline so far but by the time the anime catches up to that point i refered to i feel that ild be in my midlife crisis.

i found the boffs idea of inserting kg in the filler episode rather amusing, still better than nothing....

alexandrosgnr
February 21, 2007, 09:01 AM
I think it would be very interesting to see KG little by little in small parts as flashbacks, when it is needed, so as the people that don't read the manga can understand the attitude of Kakashi..

dfcarolinaguy
February 21, 2007, 08:59 PM
They will show KG right before the save gaara act begins i bet :noworry

sahugani
February 21, 2007, 10:24 PM

i don't think so. the reason they skipped it at the start of Shippuden or the end of the first series was so they could quickly get back to Naruto's story. Shippuden even started with the Sasuke scene so that they could return to the original major conflict of the story (as well as start in with some action). Since the gaiden doesn't really tie in with the plot of the upcoming arc, it will likely act as a buffer between arcs similar to the manga useage. my bet would be placed on it airing after this arc as Kakashi lies in bed reflecting

sabyr
February 21, 2007, 10:32 PM

Well, it's already started in a way. Deidara and Sasori have already appeared meaning the "Save Gaara Arc"(I'm dubbing it "The Return Arc" on my computer in the folder where I am putting all the episodes since it is right after Naruto returns from training) has started. Gaara will probably START facing Deidara at the end of the next episode.

Kaku
February 22, 2007, 09:16 AM
I really want to hear Yondaime.
Maybe Gaiden is going to be a Kakashi Flashback, a special or if they extend the story even a movie? Ok, last one is really unrealistic but who knows. But they HAVE to broadcast it sooner or later.

indzn
February 23, 2007, 09:02 PM
LOL.i reallu hope they insert it as a filler . the only thing i want to see is the forth hokage in action and talking.

RaZe
February 24, 2007, 12:04 AM
My guess is that they asked Kishimoto if Tobi was really Obito and will use KG as flashback material during the Kakashi Obito fight. Just like the Uchiha massacre was used as flashbacks during the Sasuke Naruto fight. (and not before as in the manga)

wow, talk about tunnel vision.

maybe they asked him if tobi was really obito, found out he wasn't, and scrapped KG as useless filler?

If they do it, they could intro it with that old sand woman talking about the ninja wars. -_-

spactaa
February 26, 2007, 12:25 PM
In naruto you don't scrap things as useless fillers, or we would lack 50 episodes today.

dantheman0000
February 27, 2007, 04:46 PM
I also think that KG will be shown as a movie or sum sort of special episode.

Though as Ibra said Movies = Cash

Cash = Good

NRZero
March 15, 2007, 04:56 PM
I wish they would have ended the original Naruto series with the Kakashi Gaiden. That ending would have been more suitable then the crap that they played.

cno
March 21, 2007, 03:30 PM
GUYS TOBI IS NOT OBITO STOP SAYING IT, YOU'RE ALL DUMB.

Seriously if he is, this anime has turned stupid, and I shall never watch another episode, or read another Naruto manga again.

But seriously OBITO WAS CRUSHED BY ROCKS, He lost one of his eyes, and most likely any sort of use of the majority of his body due to paralyzation. The only person that could be Obito in this story is Danzou, and that isn't the case.

All of you shut up, for real.

As far the Kakashi gaiden, let's hope they release it as a movie, or save it for the next set of fillers. It really upsets me that they haven't used it yet though, and they made us sit through all of those TERRIBLE TERRIBLE fillers for so long, when they could have used the Kakashi gaiden to take up atleast some of the time with quality episodes that actually have to due with the series.

Now feel free to flame me for flaming you, and take apart my grammar mistakes for calling you all dumb.

natsu0427
March 21, 2007, 03:51 PM
Don't worry, there's no way they won't eventually animate it. They'll insert it as a filler somewhere (as technically it already was that: a filler), or it'll be released as an OVA dvd, or maybe they'll even make it into a movie~!! Anyway, I don't think they'll let such a good story go unanimated, eventually they'll run out of manga to animate again, and they'll turn their eyes on this again.

hey someone who agrees that kakashi gaiden is filler sweet

narutebayo
March 24, 2007, 12:42 AM
ATTENTION ALL FANBOYS!!!!!!!! KAKASHI GAIDEN WILL AIR ON APRIL 12TH AFTER NEXT WEEKS 1 HOUR SPECIAL! DATTEBAYO TO ALL!! YATTA!!!

rykarreolacr
March 24, 2007, 01:02 AM
ATTENTION ALL FANBOYS!!!!!!!! KAKASHI GAIDEN WILL AIR ON APRIL 12TH AFTER NEXT WEEKS 1 HOUR SPECIAL! DATTEBAYO TO ALL!! YATTA!!!

Can I ask where you got this info from? It seems highly unlikely to me.

narutebayo
March 24, 2007, 01:33 AM
i found official air dates on sayianisland gr8 source site for naruto info

Goji
March 26, 2007, 02:32 PM

Really??! That would be sweet! :smile-big
If it's true I'll be super duper happy! ^^ yay!

kyubisharingan
March 26, 2007, 05:30 PM

uhh how about not! kakashi gaiden isnt gonna show anytime soon based on the titles from leaf ninja

mugen
March 26, 2007, 05:34 PM
:rofl it's a shame but it seems no Kakshi Gaiden :scry
oh well I told you :p
and besides its still too early to tell :p

dfcarolinaguy
March 26, 2007, 06:03 PM
ohhhhhhh that a bummer because I was looking forward to watching it.

mugen
April 03, 2007, 03:36 PM
ohhhhhhh that a bummer because I was looking forward to watching it.
have hope I mean ....
there were 100 filler continuous episodes :rofl

neji1988
April 03, 2007, 03:39 PM
2007-04-12 8. Action, Kakashi Team
出撃、カカシ班
Shutsugeki, Kakashi-han
2007-04-12 9. Jinchuuriki Tears
人柱力の涙
Jinchuuriki no Namida
Episode 8-9 are an hour-long broadcast
Thats the ep on april 12 and well sadly it isnt kakashi gaiden...Sry dudes and just to make it even sure
2007-04-19 10. Sealing Technique: Illusionary Dragon Nine Consuming Seals
封印術: 幻龍九封尽
Fuuin Jutsu: Genryuu Kyuu Fuujin
2007-04-26 11. Apprentice of a Medical Ninja
Apprentice of the Medical Ninja
医療忍者の弟子
Iryou Ninja no Teishi
This are the eps after that sooo ya no kakashi gaiden

aznhotbod
April 03, 2007, 11:20 PM
spoiler: if you-know-who turned out to be the you-know-who who is related to Kakashi, then no doubt they'll show Kakashi Gaiden to draw an earlier reference. Now if that you-know-who is not the you-know-who according to many theories, then Kakashi Gaiden may not be shown any time soon, if at all.

p.s. if the spoiler isnt really a spoiler, please fill in the blanks. thanks

white silver
April 04, 2007, 01:08 PM
From what I think, Kakashi Gaiden is just another excuse to delay Naruto Part 2 at some point. I can understand that fact since it seems that Naruto would eventually catch up to the manga at some point.

I don't think that the Kakashi Gaiden would bother the story so much at this point, until of course it could clear up a few situations. May best guess is, after the fight with Sasori/Deidara and with Kakashi hospitilized again, we should be able to view the Kakashi Gaiden at that point. I mean after that, it's just straight to the bridge of no-return (K4 ORGASMS ALERT)!

Aust
April 06, 2007, 10:58 AM
I think Kakashi Gaiden might be relesed when in Shippuuden Naruto train his new jutsu. In manga we can see Yondaime and Naruto in the same position (Y. is imagined by Kakashi). When this happend we`ll see young Kakashi ^-^. I don`t say it is truth...

Rowyn
April 09, 2007, 02:47 PM
I think Kakashi Gaiden might be relesed when in Shippuuden Naruto train his new jutsu. In manga we can see Yondaime and Naruto in the same position (Y. is imagined by Kakashi). When this happend we`ll see young Kakashi ^-^. I don`t say it is truth...

Then it's quite a long time until that happends then. 'Cause if they are going to do Kakashi Gaiden then they must do it good. Really good. The animation, the combat etc. All of it.

lordHokage
April 13, 2007, 08:07 PM

I agree the release would be during a Kakashi-Naruto training session. Kakashi Gaiden would be animated in its appropriate time, so there is no need be to impatience.

2ndKurono
April 14, 2007, 03:13 PM
man i wanna see Kakashi GAiden if he had connections with Yondaime , maybe he knows something about Naruto taht we dont know.....

Rahan
April 17, 2007, 01:23 PM
Next week, (or maybe the one after), we'll have the first reference to Kakashi Gaiden (Chiyo confusing Kakashi with White Fang). Wonder how they'll handle it. Maybe they'll start KG in 2 weeks under the form of flashbacks.

2ndKurono
April 18, 2007, 04:59 AM
hey in da manga i saw Kakashi with his sensei Yondaime and two other kids,who was the one with those watter gogles on and that girl?and yeah i hope it will come out soon

Rahan
April 18, 2007, 10:25 PM
If you have seen the manga, how could you have forgotten ?
The boy is Uchiha Obito and the girl Rin.

2ndKurono
April 19, 2007, 05:40 AM
If you have seen the manga, how could you have forgotten ?
The boy is Uchiha Obito and the girl Rin.

can u tell me what chapters were there where Kakshi was with Obito and that girl

eni
April 20, 2007, 04:51 PM
Kyaaaa! They did it! :nuts

Cliffhanger at the current EP, just when Chiyo attacks him and screams "Wild Fang" - how will they explain that next week? A short glimpse on the Gaiden? I doubt that they do a Gaiden-in-the-nutshell, but at least they have to give a little explanation o________________o

Or will they merge the Gaiden into into the current arc to stretch the episodes? Maybe Kakashi having lots of flashbacks on their way to Gaara? ... hmhmhmhmhm ... never thought the anime would let me stay so curious after an EP. You think you know it all and then they do it like this >.<

//edit
@2ndKurono ... it's chapter 239-244.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakashi_Gaiden

2ndKurono
April 20, 2007, 04:56 PM
Kyaaaa! They did it! :nuts

Cliffhanger at the current EP, just when Chiyo attacks him and screams "Wild Fang" - how will they explain that next week? A short glimpse on the Gaiden? I doubt that they do a Gaiden-in-the-nutshell, but at least they have to give a little explanation o________________o

Or will they merge the Gaiden into into the current arc to stretch the episodes? Maybe Kakashi having lots of flashbacks on their way to Gaara? ... hmhmhmhmhm ... never thought the anime would let me stay so curious after an EP. You think you know it all and then they do it like this >.<

//edit
@2ndKurono ... it's chapter 239-244.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakashi_Gaiden

thank u man..u helped me alot

You're welcome^^

godofthesunn
June 14, 2007, 08:00 PM
Well that never happened gaiden thing you were talking about.. but thats fine... uhh we'll see it sometime i bet.. I wouldnt doubt if they had already made it and are just waiting until they need 3 or 4 weeks to work on the real story...

2ndKurono
June 15, 2007, 04:20 AM
^who cares u can read it in da manga dog.But i would like to see Yondaime in it.I have great expectasions that he might be the Akatsuki leader.

Hemostrat
June 15, 2007, 01:02 PM
Then you are no longer aloud to read the manga.

Mortific
June 15, 2007, 01:10 PM
I always thought they'd show Kakashi Gaiden. Not only would you realize much more about Kakashi than you normally would by watching the anime, but Obito has been mentioned numerous times, so it would be strange if they didn't follow up on that.
Obito was briefly shown when Kakashi met with Orochimaru, and Obito was mentioned when Kakashi was standing over the memorial stone in the episode with the Third's funeral.

In the coming future, we will probably find out if Tobi is Obito, and if he is, I consider Kakashi Gaiden a must.

razor
June 22, 2007, 11:08 PM
Don't worry too much.i 100% sure that they will release it someday.We just have to wait for it.no doubt about it.im pretty sure.just i does not know when.maybe 1...or maybe 2 years later.but kakashi gaiden ...i 100% confident about it.yeah.

GreenBeretBob
August 28, 2007, 11:42 PM
KG could be a special on a DVD release of some kind, but a lot of the ideas i'm hearing sound real good. Some of you should consider writing storylines for anime or live-action movies!

piscesking
September 04, 2007, 06:27 PM
well i think that KG will be on after garaa rescue arc, well wat i think is that after this Kakashi will be at hospital and he will be dreaming abt his past that will be the Kakashi Gaiden

kyubisharingan
September 04, 2007, 08:07 PM
well i think that KG will be on after garaa rescue arc, well wat i think is that after this Kakashi will be at hospital and he will be dreaming abt his past that will be the Kakashi Gaiden

hmm...good one. havent thought of that. i hope that happens

Hemostrat
September 07, 2007, 10:55 PM
Cuz I mean, the only reasons that they could not have done it before was that if they didn't know who Pein and Tobi really were and didn't want to screw up the voices for Yondi and Obito...

donkeyhigh
September 16, 2007, 09:04 PM
Well if that was the chase they couldn't possibly make Kakashi Gaiden ready for when Kakashi is in the hospital, unless they've already made the animations and are just waiting for the voice-actors to finish. Animating one Naruto episode takes around 4 months or so, I think. I heard that somewhere, so I don't know how reliable that is, but atleast, it takes long.

macherie
September 19, 2007, 05:02 AM
Yeah i'm wondering why they omitted kakashi gaiden from the anime, maybe they're working on it as we speak to fill the time between the next big event.

Az3r
September 19, 2007, 08:13 PM
Maybe they reserving it for when the anime story arc catching up to the main story in manga, so they wouldn't have to think of any crappy filler story for several episodes.

Urahara Kisuke
September 19, 2007, 08:29 PM
Animating one Naruto episode takes around 4 months or so, I think.

You think? If that was true then you'd have about 1600 people working on Naruto in about 16 teams to get one episode out per week.

Kakashi Gaiden most likely will be an OVA....sad...

Nodini 2.0
December 15, 2007, 06:32 PM
The latest news about tobi and a probable connection with obito makes me wonder when will they start with the kakashi gaiden!!!

if tobi is obito, then to understand the plot the kakashi gaiden must be on the tvshow!!

I just wanna see minato kicking some ass!!!!!

Merged from another thread.

Inkovic
December 15, 2007, 06:38 PM
You should read the Manga. I won't spoil anything for you so I won't get into detail but let's just say Tobi has a split personailty to say.

Anyway I have no idea when they will animate Kakashi Gaiden. You can't deny the physical resemblance of Tobi and Obito but revelations in the manga make the issue rather debateable.

Minato in the anime would be rather interesting. His body flicker technique is something to see

Oblivion
December 15, 2007, 06:42 PM
they havent showed it yet? arent they gonna show kyubi vs. orochimaru next week?

Inkovic
December 15, 2007, 06:45 PM
they havent showed it yet? arent they gonna show kyubi vs. orochimaru next week?

One hour special Kyuubi v Oro.

I have my popcorn and I'm psyched for it.

The Noobslayer
December 15, 2007, 06:47 PM
It's because the animators really don't know how vital Kakaishi Gaiden may or may not be to the story. At the time, because they aren't Kishimoto so they didnt really know, it just seemed like a random side-story about a supporting character.

So they logicided "Why use a good filler, that is probably vital to revealing a character later on in the manga and is just full of win, when we can create a much more crappy filler about some stupid race in the land of tea?"

So until they realize it is important for character development, we wont get it..

Oblivion
December 15, 2007, 06:48 PM
i may download this episode, i have stopped watching a long time ago. i watched one shipuuden episode and didnt reget it at all. the anime butchers the manga as the dbz anime did with the manga (the strech the episodes way too much)

Inkovic
December 15, 2007, 06:52 PM
i may download this episode, i have stopped watching a long time ago. i watched one shipuuden episode and didnt reget it at all. the anime butchers the manga as the dbz anime did with the manga (the strech the episodes way too much)

They draw the episodes out. It has been stated numerous times that what they show in 2-3 episodes of shippuden could easily fit in one episode. But the reason why they do it is so the anime doesn't catch up to the manga and don't resort to fillers.

For example it took like 30 episodes to get through the whole Gaara arc. If it takes that long to get through Hidan and Kakuzu I think i might go mental.

MegaX
December 15, 2007, 08:56 PM
It's because the animators really don't know how vital Kakaishi Gaiden may or may not be to the story. At the time, because they aren't Kishimoto so they didnt really know, it just seemed like a random side-story about a supporting character.

So they logicided "Why use a good filler, that is probably vital to revealing a character later on in the manga and is just full of win, when we can create a much more crappy filler about some stupid race in the land of tea?"

So until they realize it is important for character development, we wont get it..

If it was vital to the main plot of Naruto--not simply backstory that expands on characters and their motivations--then Kishi would have impressed upon them the need to animate it.

Inkovic
December 15, 2007, 09:20 PM
If it was vital to the main plot of Naruto--not simply backstory that expands on characters and their motivations--then Kishi would have impressed upon them the need to animate it.

Or maybe he will incorporate the Kakashi gaiden sequences into the anime once they are relative to the plot ie Kakashi having flashback here and there during shippuden. The way they dragg it out it should eat a few episodes

Oblivion
December 16, 2007, 06:37 AM
or maybe the animator just hate us?:amuse

Nodini 2.0
December 16, 2007, 05:41 PM
i´ve seen the manga, and thing is that even the animators couldn´t see that one coming, a guy with a right eye sharingan... there is some connection between tobi and obito.. and if it´s confirmed in the manga i´m pretty sure that probably kakashi will have the same fate has jiraya...

bigtymer32
December 16, 2007, 06:10 PM
i´ve seen the manga, and thing is that even the animators couldn´t see that one coming, a guy with a right eye sharingan... there is some connection between tobi and obito.. and if it´s confirmed in the manga i´m pretty sure that probably kakashi will have the same fate has jiraya...

ya i want to see when its confirmed myself.it would be crappy if kakashi died too :(

Decorus
December 16, 2007, 11:19 PM
Kakashi Gaidan is a side story providing background on Kakashi and has nothing to do with the main plot. There is no reason to animate it.

Inkovic
December 16, 2007, 11:22 PM
Kakashi Gaidan is a side story providing background on Kakashi and has nothing to do with the main plot. There is no reason to animate it.

Filler episodes provide nothing to the plot and have nothing to do with the main plot. There is no reason to animate it.

They animated it anyway.

Decorus
December 16, 2007, 11:43 PM
Fillers serve an entirely different purpose as the anime has caught up with the Manga preventing them from continuing with the main story. Without fillers the Anime would merely stop preduction and end the series.

Inkovic
December 17, 2007, 03:20 AM
They still should've animated Kakashi Gaiden. Obito has been mentioned a few times in the anime as well as the fact Minato was kakashi's teacher.

Kakashi Gaiden might fill in some gaps to those fans who have watched the anime only.

Oblivion
December 17, 2007, 05:58 AM
and the kaakshi gaiden is just sooo much better then most of the filler episodes and introduces us to minato-

Smudj
December 17, 2007, 10:40 AM
I don't mean to say that Kakashi's weak but when it's said that he became a chuunin at the age of 6!!!!!!! then I would say that he didn't fully develop his potential.
I mean, he was a chuunin before Itachi even finished the academy(Itachi was 7 when he finished)
Itachi was 10 when he became chuunin.

This has no importance for the story but I just wanted to mention it.

bean
December 17, 2007, 12:31 PM
They still should've animated Kakashi Gaiden. Obito has been mentioned a few times in the anime as well as the fact Minato was kakashi's teacher.

Kakashi Gaiden might fill in some gaps to those fans who have watched the anime only.

kakashi gaiden might still come out sometime soon. They started the post time skip with a scene that is way into part 2....not way into, but a bit in...so I think they'll show the KG sooner or later.

Inkovic
December 17, 2007, 03:07 PM
I don't mean to say that Kakashi's weak but when it's said that he became a chuunin at the age of 6!!!!!!! then I would say that he didn't fully develop his potential.
I mean, he was a chuunin before Itachi even finished the academy(Itachi was 7 when he finished)
Itachi was 10 when he became chuunin.

This has no importance for the story but I just wanted to mention it.

I think he was trained specially by his Father to be really good at his age because he graduated at age 5 from the academy.

Here's the thing that confused me about KG. It says that it happened around 10 years ago but Minato was still alive. He died 12 years before part I so I don't know what year KG happened.

The Noobslayer
December 17, 2007, 03:35 PM
I think he was trained specially by his Father to be really good at his age because he graduated at age 5 from the academy.

Here's the thing that confused me about KG. It says that it happened around 10 years ago but Minato was still alive. He died 12 years before part I so I don't know what year KG happened.

KG happened when Kakashi was 13, he was 26 in part 1. 26-13 = 13 years ago.

Alterno
December 17, 2007, 04:07 PM
Fillers serve an entirely different purpose as the anime has caught up with the Manga preventing them from continuing with the main story. Without fillers the Anime would merely stop preduction and end the series.

You are totally right there. that's what happened with Inuyasha. If you all notice, the fillers episodes didn't show big techniques at all. It mainly was for the benefit of both the producer and mangakas, that way they can keep going on their story. By the way it seems that Kishimot really cares about making his manga, anime friendly, expecially if you consider the last 3 chapters .
[hr]

You should read the Manga. I won't spoil anything for you so I won't get into detail but let's just say Tobi has a split personailty to say.

Anyway I have no idea when they will animate Kakashi Gaiden. You can't deny the physical resemblance of Tobi and Obito but revelations in the manga make the issue rather debateable.

Minato in the anime would be rather interesting. His body flicker technique is something to see

Obito is dead, unless he be another of Pain bodies, Obito is dead, period. Minato body flicker technique? I rather to see a gaiden dedicated to Itachi and see what was so special of Sishui Uchiha's body flicker technique, he was considered the best user of that technique. But if they make a minato gaiden it should show us the Ji-kuu-kan, that would be something.

Inkovic
December 17, 2007, 07:04 PM
KG happened when Kakashi was 13, he was 26 in part 1. 26-13 = 13 years ago.

Yeah I assumed he was bout 13, just the first page said it happened around 10 years ago. Of course the word around is a loose term.

Decorus
December 20, 2007, 03:14 PM
Had to be at least 13 years ago kinda hard to have happened after Naruto was a few years old. Yondaime would be a corpse.

MegaX
December 22, 2007, 09:44 PM

Exactly. Like I said, Kishi would have made sure that it was animated if there was any importance to it for the main-story.

But hey, maybe we can hope for a straight-to-video OVA?

bigtymer32
December 22, 2007, 11:14 PM
there should be some kind of special at least.minato needs to be animated.i wanna knwo how they would make his voice sound.

Neuroff
December 22, 2007, 11:19 PM
I don't get why this thread is in the theatre when Minato is said so many times, it's a major spoiler for the anime only people.

Rahan
December 22, 2007, 11:44 PM
But are there anime-only people here ? I mean, this isn't NF or AS, MH is clearly a manga site and the theatre section is not lively enough to lure anime-only people I think.

lordHokage
January 13, 2008, 12:00 PM
Yes, if Kishimoto focus on Kakashi’s life story, than Kakashi Gaiden should be anime. :D

lexx
January 22, 2008, 01:07 PM
Calling him Minato is fine.

The very fact we're talking "Kakashi Gaiden" means we're talking manga events not shown in the anime (read: spoilers). No kvitching.

whiteHanzo
June 27, 2008, 08:08 PM
maybe they'll put it eventually before kakashi dies :XD

b'coz i think kakashi gaiden shows both drama and battle scene which are very interesting and if they put it before kakashi dies then the drama part would become deeper

godofthesunn
June 27, 2008, 10:00 PM
the kakashi gaiden might never show at this rate.. Oh we can make spoilers but we got these kakashi gaiden chapters we havent covered I guess we can get to those sometime.. I mean its only worth what 10 episodes tops.. lets make up something else instead.. those fillers guys make me sick.. thats why naruto isnt as popluar as it used to be

Lelo
June 28, 2008, 05:25 PM
Will they ever take Kakashi Gaiden to the anime?

Gingitsune
June 30, 2008, 01:39 PM
I hope it will.
I don't understand why it was not placed in the almost two years of fillers. It would have given the anime's popularity a boost. Maybe they plan to put it somewhere else, maybe they know there will be another Kakashi Gaiden about Rin or Yondaime and they'll simply merge the two stories together...

Or maybe the story is just too gore for a 7:30 pm show, even by Japanese standard. I mean, a 13 years old boy who enthusiastically offer his friends to pull one of his eye out and then be left there to his death...

Al Ustad
August 16, 2008, 07:58 AM
Hey guyz do u think theyll make a kakashi gaiden anime ???

Merged threads.

neomaster121
August 16, 2008, 08:01 AM
yea i think they may do it around the kakashi arc kishi has said he'll do
that flashback was kinda sad n the kakashi arc is suposedly gonna be sad so i could see them fitting the history in there

but its not been confirmed they'll do it

PitchBlack857
August 16, 2008, 08:03 AM
Yea they'll get to it eventually, I think Kishi trying not to reveal to much info about the 4th yet in the anime.

Shaunlim
August 16, 2008, 08:28 AM
Actually it's pretty funny since the 4th's jutsu's name is used in the filler as another jutsu

SoldaT
August 16, 2008, 08:41 AM
Maybe they're doing now. They something doing now called "extra project" not another movie but some extra project. Maybe Kakashi gaiden? Who knows... But I think that this extra project will be animated school life like second ending only animated :/

Eddy01741
August 16, 2008, 11:07 AM
I dunno, they might never do it since it seems not that neccesary, sure, we get a tiny bit of Kakashi's past and knowledge about the fourth and all, but that doesn't really matter at this point, does it? I mean, according to Kakashi, all his friends are dead, meaning rin is dead, obito is most likely dead (*looks at the theory in which tobi=obito even though tobi=madara*) and the fourth is dead. It simply isn't neccesary to make. However, I'd rather have Kakashi Gaiden then fillers.

kkck
August 16, 2008, 02:32 PM
If there is a conection betwee tobi and obito, then at some point they have to do the gaiden in the anime, otherwise there would be a serious hole in the anime.

neomaster121
August 16, 2008, 02:35 PM
If there is a conection betwee tobi and obito, then at some point they have to do the gaiden in the anime, otherwise there would be a serious hole in the anime.

thing is if that were to happen and kakashi found n was like OMG then i think thats when they will put the flash back in

in i think the move around flashbacks anyways
didn't they do it with some parts of the uchia past

Eddy01741
August 16, 2008, 02:37 PM
I dunno, I don't get why they didn't do the gaiden at all, the gaiden could have been played out a little more (so it isn't just one mission) and acted as a semi-filler.

zerobelow
August 19, 2008, 02:16 AM
Gaiden Kakashi reminds me of Neji's attitude when he first appeared.

bigtymer32
August 19, 2008, 03:03 AM
Gaiden Kakashi reminds me of Neji's attitude when he first appeared.

i totally agree he might of worse with his always follow the rules junk lol

adel123456789
August 19, 2008, 10:14 AM
Hey guyz do u think theyll make a kakashi gaiden anime ???

Merged threads.

i agree but i dont think we will see it in the time been we might see it as a 5 ep flashback in a filler or as an ova

Uchiha Slayer
August 19, 2008, 10:41 AM
I would love to see Kakashi in action. To see him use a fresh chidori with his blazing speed in action I would pay to see that(not really). Also to see the 4th use that famous justu of his(forgot what is called). That'll be the best sub plot in anime history. I'm all for a Kakashi Gaiden arc anime style.

Kaijuu
August 19, 2008, 11:22 AM
They could make it a movie but well... it isn't really about Naruto.... so probably not XD
idk^^

Jspot
August 19, 2008, 04:06 PM
Well, didn't Kishi say that this year would be about Sasuke, then Kakashi and Sakura? They might have decided to just pair Kakashi Gaiden with whatever else they're focusing on him for.

AkatsukiNoTobi
August 21, 2008, 04:13 AM
Kishimoto won't put the Kakashi Gaiden back into the manga. The year's almost over and the story is still focusing on Sasuke...

...GET TO KAKASHI ALREADY!

Also, I'd like to see the Kakashi Gaiden as an OVA (not necessarily a movie, though).

Gingitsune
August 22, 2008, 09:16 AM
The year is not over yet, there's still 4 months to go, the third of the year. Once the fight between Sasuke and Hachibi will be over, Kakashi and Sakura will have some room to shine.

zmaia
August 31, 2008, 09:57 AM
Kakashi Gaiden may be a sidestory, but I'm 100% sure it will be animated! :amuse I don't know when... Maybe somewhere around Jiraiya's death, when Minato and Kushina talk about naming Naruto, who knows...

Madara07
September 22, 2008, 09:56 PM
are they ever going to animate it?

Csdabest
September 23, 2008, 12:05 AM
I dont think they are which is absolute bull shazzle.

javedkarim
November 02, 2008, 11:29 AM
please some tell me Kakashi Gaiden is ever going to be animated ....
I have a request please stop animating filler and animate this project..

raptor02_2001
November 06, 2008, 01:17 AM
possible after current manga about Kakashi .. i can't said becasue it is lot of spoiler ... that is possible current arc ... they will show flashback in current chapter .. it is prefect ...

i am so wait for long time ... i will hope to see anime of Kakashi Gaiden in future ..if not oh well

Raizen
November 07, 2008, 02:24 PM
They will probably make it into a movie special. Hopefully. I really want to see the 4th in action

studiokid
November 08, 2008, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty sure they'll probably bring it in at the current chapter(424) it fits perfect.

adel123456789
November 10, 2008, 02:44 PM
i dont they are gona animat it they didnt animat the bleach CH -15 http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/303.1/01/ about the snow dud's past eaventhough it was about the movie

studiokid
November 10, 2008, 03:36 PM
i dont they are gona animat it they didnt animat the bleach CH -15 http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/303.1/01/ about the snow dud's past eaventhough it was about the movie

In English plzz.... and if you're talking about bleach, it hasn't reached that part yet so you can't say anything yet.

Bohemia22
November 11, 2008, 02:49 PM
I'm quite sure they will animate it, but we will wait for loong time...

notBowen
November 11, 2008, 04:32 PM
Movie filler chapter =/= critical main character back story as we have with Kakshi Gaiden.

Baron Hugenstein
November 12, 2008, 12:35 AM
Hmmm, so they animated a crappy filler and they didn't animate the Gaiden?
Damnit, Hopefully they will do it soon....

wooticus
November 13, 2008, 01:27 AM
only shows how commercial naruto already is. i can tell you the one and only reason why kakashi gaiden isn't animated yet. because theirs neither naruto, nor sasuke or sakura in it. so they are afraid that it actually may be not that commercially succesful. for example they think that not that much people will pay for it if it'S made into a movie.

patedecarne
November 13, 2008, 07:09 AM
Kakashi Gaiden will be animated, soon or later;

Obito and Rin were barely mentioned in the last chapter 424, and we, readers, weren't confused because of the Gaiden;

let's just imagine when the anime catchs up that part: without the Gaiden, Obito and Rin's names would be out of context, that's why they'll animate the Gaiden ^_^

krid77
November 13, 2008, 07:24 AM
...unless they don't mention their names at that moment :eyeroll

donkeyhigh
November 13, 2008, 05:09 PM
If Kakashi dies anytime soon in the manga, I'm sure there'll be a couple of Kakashi Gaiden flashback episodes when the anime reaches the death.
Though it's gonna be a long wait :/

Alterno
November 13, 2008, 07:06 PM
If actually makes to animation, I which it be as an OAV.:amuse

ultra-lee
November 16, 2008, 04:34 PM
I was hopeing they would show the gadein between part 1 and 2 but seems like there going to make an OVA about it or just skip it because they don't think its important (that would be wrong)

Gingitsune
April 04, 2009, 11:34 PM
Kakashi Gaiden will air this summer as part of the main Shippuuden series. We don't know how it will take place in the story line yet.

http://img188.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-6702/loc965/66871_Naruto442_024_122_965lo.jpg

http://img156.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-22810/loc954/66877_01_122_954lo.jpg

AkatsukiNoTobi
April 05, 2009, 12:48 AM
Where's the proof? I see where there should be a picture or something, but it's just blank.

*edit*

You mean this? http://img188.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-31592/loc965/66871_Naruto442_024_122_965lo.jpg

thewar
April 05, 2009, 06:12 AM
is this the image?
http://img1.sunderpicture.com/_/1/66871_Naruto442_024_122_965lo-23e2d0f091c41ed3ad8f198e355a0afc.jpg

shakildwz
April 05, 2009, 06:19 AM
Bottom left corner... someone translate?
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/6e00a53baf.jpg

sarutobi_sensei
April 05, 2009, 06:53 AM
is this the image?
http://img1.sunderpicture.com/_/1/66871_Naruto442_024_122_965lo-23e2d0f091c41ed3ad8f198e355a0afc.jpg

no.

Bottom left corner... someone translate?
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/6e00a53baf.jpg
yup this one.

thanks.
[hr]
kakashi gaiden starts august 1st ^^
[hr]
according to that image, the gaiden starts august 1st wich means it's a saturday and it means, that if the series isn't suffering any schedule alternation, it'll be on par with the series ^^

Bohemia22
April 05, 2009, 11:07 AM
WTF? OMG? Does that kanji or whatever really say Kakashi Gaiden? I still don't believe...it just doesn't fit.

donkeyhigh
April 05, 2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah it's just too good to be true, I won't believe it untill I see it myself.
And if it's true I hope they don't stretch it any longer than 3-4 episodes.
The best would be a double/triple-episode, just don't make it into a filler-arc!

Gingitsune
April 05, 2009, 11:16 AM
Sorry for the images, I should have uploaded them somewhere else instead of outlinking them. ^^; It was Team Minato's production drawing and the movie's ad's bottom left corner.

Translation of the blue box:

カカシ外伝~戦場のボーイズライフ
Kakashi Gaiden - Boys' life on a battlefield
TVアニメ化決定‼
It's now decieded, there will be an TV animation version‼
若きカカシを描いたSが初アニメ化‼
The series with young Kakashi will start in anime version‼
今年の劇場版を楽しむの重要なシーンが‼
Enjoy him in a major scene of this summer's movie‼
放送日など、待て続報‼
Don't miss the regular TV broadcasts and watch out for the follow up reports [in the Jump]‼

So, we'll get the Kakashi Gaiden in the TV series and a scene with young Kakashi in the movie.

Googlez_kun
April 05, 2009, 02:21 PM
Sorry for the images, I should have uploaded them somewhere else instead of outlinking them. ^^; It was Team Minato's production drawing and the movie's ad's bottom left corner.

Translation of the blue box:

カカシ外伝~戦場のボーイズライフ
Kakashi Gaiden - Boys' life on a battlefield
TVアニメ化決定‼
It's now decieded, there will be an TV animation version‼
若きカカシを描いたSが初アニメ化‼
The series with young Kakashi will start in anime version‼
今年の劇場版を楽しむの重要なシーンが‼
Enjoy him in a major scene of this summer's movie‼
放送日など、待て続報‼
Don't miss the regular TV broadcasts and watch out for the follow up reports [in the Jump]‼

So, we'll get the Kakashi Gaiden in the TV series and a scene with young Kakashi in the movie.

thanks a lot for the infos!!:)

but the anime drawings of team minato kinda suck=/

sarutobi_sensei
April 05, 2009, 02:28 PM
those were old drawings xp.

from the time where kakashi gaiden came out in manga ^^

Googlez_kun
April 05, 2009, 02:49 PM
no way!:omg
but they suck nevertheless:sweat

roma
April 05, 2009, 08:22 PM
finally, were going to see this gaiden aired although august still seems kinda far. so probably we'll have another arc after the current one then the gaiden. i can't wait to see team minato animated... esp. THE Minato himself.

Aizen Sama
April 05, 2009, 09:35 PM
Any indication who is going to do Minato's voice?

Gingitsune
April 05, 2009, 11:07 PM
We don't know about the voice of the three new characters, we'll have to stay tuned. ¬_¬

August first is the movie's release date, the Kakashi Gaiden could start as soon as June on TV (if they lengthen it a little).

The anime drawings of team minato suck, but they always do at first, no idea why. The real deal will look better... if they get a good episode director, that is.

Wind_NiN
April 06, 2009, 02:54 PM
Darn, we'll have to wait until august.

Lelo
April 06, 2009, 03:42 PM
Soooo, finally the time had come. Kishi obviously had to do it some time. Can't wait to see Minato

weehoo107
April 06, 2009, 04:22 PM
hey people. i read on a forum about there being [finally] a Kakashi Gaiden arc in the anime this summer. i Don't now where they heard this, and it's not confirmed or un-confirmed...it's just out there. and i don't know where to look for any info...why, you ask??? cuz im a noob :[[

but if anyone knows anything about this or knows where to get the info on it....plz feeel free to comment. and if this thread isn't supposed to be here....ignore me:thumbs

The "proof" starts showing up at this post (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1300378#post1300378)

razor
April 06, 2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah,I knew it.My patiently waiting for 2 years come worthy.That is because I believed. There is always a chance if you believed.

raptor02_2001
April 06, 2009, 10:46 PM
Yeah,I knew it.My patiently waiting for 2 years come worthy.That is because I believed. There is always a chance if you believed.

me too,, ican't wait for see full of action Young Copyninja

Marq
April 07, 2009, 01:55 PM
It's about time. Part of me is concerned though. The arc was short, so I hope it doesn't get dragged out too far. In fact, I think the arc can be done in 2 to 3 episodes.

Raizen
April 08, 2009, 12:14 PM
So they are finally going to animate it. About damn time. I hope they don't fuck up the storyline and make it more corny like in the fillers

neomaster121
April 08, 2009, 12:45 PM
So they are finally going to animate it. About damn time. I hope they don't fuck up the storyline and make it more corny like in the fillers

i think its because kakashi might be dieing in the manga
so they want to give so that development a few arcs before he dies

Googlez_kun
April 08, 2009, 12:50 PM

but that's a wierd moment to give him development...in summer the anime should be...in sasuke's huge arc,though i thought they would bring it in the pain arc were he dies....

Raizen
April 08, 2009, 01:18 PM
Oh really, i didn't know that. I thought they were just doing it b/c it need to be done

ReleasedPotential-
April 08, 2009, 06:38 PM
I hope it doesn't suck like the Anime does now.

dragon2021
April 08, 2009, 11:13 PM
I am a bit confused about it. Kakshi Gaiden is real short. How are they going to make it into a t.v. series? I mean it seems more like an OVA. Even short Anime series usualy get about 12 eps. That would be to long for this. Are they adding something to it or what? I mean I have alwys wanted to see it in anime form, but, I just kinda wonder what there up to.:eyeroll

Gingitsune
April 09, 2009, 12:37 AM
Kakashi Gaiden will be an arc of the regular Shippuuden series, not an independent series, so it can take only 4 episodes if that's all they need.

kai-uchiha
April 09, 2009, 06:24 AM
me too,, ican't wait for see full of action Young Copyninja

amen to that, but even more so.i want to see the yellow flash in action!!!!
that's why i honestly wouldn't mind if they dragged it out over like 10 eps because i always wanted to see that fight against those 50 enemy hidden stone ninjas. and in the manga they didn't.
and if they decide to reserve more time to tell the story, the higher the chance of us actually seeing it.
besides, wouldn't you want to see a little more background info like for example: the young father of sasuke(he was around minatos age right?) sarutobi and others

Googlez_kun
April 09, 2009, 06:32 AM
that's why i honestly wouldn't mind if they dragged it out over like 10 eps because i always wanted to see that fight against those 50 enemy hidden stone ninjas. and in the manga they didn't.
and if they decide to reserve more time to tell the story, the higher the chance of us actually seeing it.
besides, wouldn't you want to see a little more background info like for example: the young father of sasuke(he was around minatos age right?) sarutobi and others

minato's fights are always very short!!
in the anime it would've been 1 second and the fight'd be over!seriously!
it wouldn't make any sense to show it...minato just uses his speed to cut through the throat of his enemies,so it's not very exciting if you see this on 50 ninja...

Bohemia22
April 09, 2009, 07:40 AM
it wouldn't make any sense to show it...minato just uses his speed to cut through the throat of his enemies,so it's not very exciting if you see this on 50 ninja...But it still can have some nice effects like "whoosh" or something. :amuse

kai-uchiha
April 09, 2009, 09:38 AM
it wouldn't make any sense to show it...minato just uses his speed to cut through the throat of his enemies,so it's not very exciting if you see this on 50 ninja...

no it's not just about speed, if that's how you think minato fights than you haven't caught on to the genius that is the yellow flash!!!!!

it only appears to be high speed(shunshin) for his enemy's and victims, because he(minato) wants them to think that(remember, rin was fooled by him too).
but in reality(and I'm sure you know this already, but I'm going to say it anyway so forgive me for going off topic) he's actually bound by some rules.

first of all he can only use hiraishin when his destination is marked with a "jutsu seal"(it's actually called a shiki or something)
so that means he already needs to have been to his destination before, in order to leave this "jutsu seal".

of course in battle(which generally are unpredictable and chaotic) this is useless so he's found a way around that: throwing a kunai marked with a "jutsu seal" at his desired destination, and then activating hiraishin as soon as the marked kunai fly's over/under his targeted enemy.

but using this ability in full sight for everybody to see would give away his secret/weakness to anyone who witnessed it(because essentially the direction of the thrown kunai gives away his next position). so he probably uses shunshin to give extra speed to the kunai and also to limit the reaction time of the enemy.(if they animated it, we'd know for sure)

i always imagine minato to be the kind of shinobi to wait for an enemy to blink his eyes, so he can throw the kunai over his enemy's shoulder, activate hiraishin once the kunai is about 0.5 meter behind him, and then when the enemy opens his eyes, thinking minato vanished into thin air, suddenly feeling a kunai pressed against their throat

but he can also choose to engage in close combat, and using his superior taij jutsu combined with his swiftness leave a "jutsu seal" at his enemy itself. by touching him at any place, his hand leafs a seal undetectable to the naked eye.

his enemy ,unaware of the subtle hand contact, has no chance of detecting the next attack. because with hiraishin minato can control where he teleports to, as long as its in the proximity of the seal(I reckon in most cases he'd choose to come up from behind like in the manga, but he could also decide to come in front or above or below depending on the situation)

on top of that, every move he makes, is done by using shunshin(ultra speed movement by using chakra) so his kunai are thrown with an frightening speed and his tai jutsu is executed so fast, it's impossible to guard against.

and then there's probably the biggest mystery(at least to me it is)
he activates/uses hiraishin without forming hand seals or any other detectable procedure(while fukasaku the frog uses seals to reverse summon himself, and sage naruto needed to use a scroll to pull it of).
although I've always suspected those elastic white rubbers, he wears over his sleeves, to have something to do with it.
(actually now that i think about it, it could be that he just snaps his fingers, just like he did in naruto's mind when he changed the dimension into that white void) in any case its a perfect weapon against for example the sharingan (if we get to see the young father of sasuke, although its very unlikely, so let's just leave it at that)

anyway, hiraishin in my opinion is not just one jutsu, but rather a couple of jutsu used together(shunshin, hiraishin, kunai jutsu, taijutsu and perhaps even more) to give the enemy the illusion your using magic.

and i'd love to see minato fight those enemy and see him making decisions like: I'll mark him(enemy1) with the seal and then kick him to that other guy(enemy2)(like he does in that ougi from ultimate ninja storm 3, although in the game he doesn't kick the enemy against another enemy) and then appear behind them by activating the seal with hiraishin and then take them both out with an rasengan.

or anticipating that the enemy might intercept his kunai (minato seems like the kinda guy who can tell/deduct the enemy's abilities/strength by just looking at them) because his enemy seems to have fast reflexes. and decide to throw a kunai with a shadow kunai(like sasuke did against zabuza, or like naruto did against pain, only in this case with an kunai)
so that the enemy when deflecting the first kunai realizes there's a second one coming. and just barely manages to avoid it.
but as soon as he avoids it, (the kunai now behind his back and out of his sight), minato uses hiraishin, appears behind him, and well you know the end for the enemy

in fact the number of combos is infinite, especially against 50 enemy's.
and if the director's put in some "bullet time" slow motions(you're right, in real time the fight would only last about 10 seconds). we'd be able to see some splendid moves. and i certainly wouldn't think of it as a filler, but rather as a much needed additional camera time, for probably one of the most appealing characters in the entire series.

mmmmh....okay, so I ended up writing an off-topic essay on minato/hiraishin just to try and explain to you why i wouldn't mind seeing a couple extra eps.:blink
so i just hope you read the whole thing because otherwise it would mean i wasted a lot of space for nothing:p

maybe i should just send this to pierot studio as an request :notrust

Googlez_kun
April 09, 2009, 10:07 AM
no it's not just about speed, if that's how you think minato fights than you haven't caught on to the genius that is the yellow flash!!!!!

it only appears to be high speed(shunshin) for his enemy's and victims, because he(minato) wants them to think that(remember, rin was fooled by him too).
but in reality(and I'm sure you know this already, but I'm going to say it anyway so forgive me for going off topic) he's actually bound by some rules.

first of all he can only use hiraishin when his destination is marked with a "jutsu seal"(it's actually called a shiki or something)
so that means he already needs to have been to his destination before, in order to leave this "jutsu seal".

of course in battle(which generally are unpredictable and chaotic) this is useless so he's found a way around that: throwing a kunai marked with a "jutsu seal" at his desired destination, and then activating hiraishin as soon as the marked kunai fly's over/under his targeted enemy.

but using this ability in full sight for everybody to see would give away his secret/weakness to anyone who witnessed it(because essentially the direction of the thrown kunai gives away his next position). so he probably uses shunshin to give extra speed to the kunai and also to limit the reaction time of the enemy.(if they animated it, we'd know for sure)

i always imagine minato to be the kind of shinobi to wait for an enemy to blink his eyes, so he can throw the kunai over his enemy's shoulder, activate hiraishin once the kunai is about 0.5 meter behind him, and then when the enemy opens his eyes, thinking minato vanished into thin air, suddenly feeling a kunai pressed against their throat

but he can also choose to engage in close combat, and using his superior taij jutsu combined with his swiftness leave a "jutsu seal" at his enemy itself. by touching him at any place, his hand leafs a seal undetectable to the naked eye.

his enemy ,unaware of the subtle hand contact, has no chance of detecting the next attack. because with hiraishin minato can control where he teleports to, as long as its in the proximity of the seal(I reckon in most cases he'd choose to come up from behind like in the manga, but he could also decide to come in front or above or below depending on the situation)

on top of that, every move he makes, is done by using shunshin(ultra speed movement by using chakra) so his kunai are thrown with an frightening speed and his tai jutsu is executed so fast, it's impossible to guard against.

and then there's probably the biggest mystery(at least to me it is)
he activates/uses hiraishin without forming hand seals or any other detectable procedure(while fukasaku the frog uses seals to reverse summon himself, and sage naruto needed to use a scroll to pull it of).
although I've always suspected those elastic white rubbers, he wears over his sleeves, to have something to do with it.
(actually now that i think about it, it could be that he just snaps his fingers, just like he did in naruto's mind when he changed the dimension into that white void) in any case its a perfect weapon against for example the sharingan (if we get to see the young father of sasuke, although its very unlikely, so let's just leave it at that)

anyway, hiraishin in my opinion is not just one jutsu, but rather a couple of jutsu used together(shunshin, hiraishin, kunai jutsu, taijutsu and perhaps even more) to give the enemy the illusion your using magic.

and i'd love to see minato fight those enemy and see him making decisions like: I'll mark him(enemy1) with the seal and then kick him to that other guy(enemy2)(like he does in that ougi from ultimate ninja storm 3, although in the game he doesn't kick the enemy against another enemy) and then appear behind them by activating the seal with hiraishin and then take them both out with an rasengan.

or anticipating that the enemy might intercept his kunai (minato seems like the kinda guy who can tell/deduct the enemy's abilities/strength by just looking at them) because his enemy seems to have fast reflexes. and decide to throw a kunai with a shadow kunai(like sasuke did against zabuza, or like naruto did against pain, only in this case with an kunai)
so that the enemy when deflecting the first kunai realizes there's a second one coming. and just barely manages to avoid it.
but as soon as he avoids it, (the kunai now behind his back and out of his sight), minato uses hiraishin, appears behind him, and well you know the end for the enemy

in fact the number of combos is infinite, especially against 50 enemy's.
and if the director's put in some "bullet time" slow motions(you're right, in real time the fight would only last about 10 seconds). we'd be able to see some splendid moves. and i certainly wouldn't think of it as a filler, but rather as a much needed additional camera time, for probably one of the most appealing characters in the entire series.

mmmmh....okay, so I ended up writing an off-topic essay on minato/hiraishin just to try and explain to you why i wouldn't mind seeing a couple extra eps.:blink
so i just hope you read the whole thing because otherwise it would mean i wasted a lot of space for nothing:p

maybe i should just send this to pierot studio as an request :notrust

though i agree that minato is awesome and needs more screentime i think it would be quite unnecessary showing how he defeats those 50 ninja!
look here:http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/242/04-05/
the one guy says that they mustn't even bunk if they want to see what he does,so that means minato finishes them in about 1 second!
now add the situation that they are in a world war and have to avoid every single chance to get injured and they are only 4!
minato (as the future hokage) mustn't waste any energy and any time,so he just cuts through the throats of the enemies and i don't think he thinks while flying in high-speed:"hmmm....he can i defeat this one?........:headscratch ....i think he should taste some rasengan,then he flies on this guy and they both die.....hmmm....still 48 to go...!"
that would be rather stupid!
and if kishimoto thought it was important he would've added it(some pages more are never bad^^)

it's just a wrong situation to do something like this
i hope i understood what you meant and i hope you understand what i mean:amuse

kai-uchiha
April 09, 2009, 11:15 AM
though i agree that minato is awesome and needs more screentime i think it would be quite unnecessary showing how he defeats those 50 ninja!
look here:http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/242/04-05/
the one guy says that they mustn't even bunk if they want to see what he does,so that means minato finishes them in about 1 second!
now add the situation that they are in a world war and have to avoid every single chance to get injured and they are only 4!
minato (as the future hokage) mustn't waste any energy and any time,so he just cuts through the throats of the enemies and i don't think he thinks while flying in high-speed:"hmmm....he can i defeat this one?........:headscratch ....i think he should taste some rasengan,then he flies on this guy and they both die.....hmmm....still 48 to go...!"
and if kishimoto thought it was important he would've added it(some pages more are never bad^^)

it's just a wrong situation to do something like this
i hope i understood what you meant and i hope you understand what i mean:amuse

i do understand you, and i think you also understood me.however

that's why i sugested the bullet time a.k.a slow motion. and even then you'd still have about 20 minutes to show something else.plus since they finnaly anounced that they are going to animate the gaiden, wouldn't you like them to take the opportunity to show a little more like: sandaime or the background of the war instead of just the mission???

now add the situation that they are in a world war and have to avoid every single chance to get injured

i'm pretty sure that he would try to avoid any injuries at any time, regardless if its war or peace. besides you make it sound as if his fighting style is risky, but he was as you said about to become hokage.
plus take a look at his record:

http://www.urakai.com/ndb3/162-163.png

that over 700 missions!!!, this guy was very capable of judging what the best way to defeat the enemy was

i don't think he thinks while flying in high-speed:"hmmm....he can i defeat this one?........:headscratch ....i think he should taste some rasengan,then he flies on this guy and they both die.....hmmm....still 48 to go...!"

isn't kakashi doing the exact same thing here???:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/240/06/

and here:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/240/07/

plus, minato doesn't scratch his head but decides in a split second, that's what makes him so good, and i know you know this but, minato's not flying.

if kishimoto thought it was important he would've added it(some pages more are never bad^^)

true the only purpose of gaiden is to show the relationship between kakashi and obito.
but don't you find the timing at which they decided to animate the gaiden a little suspicious???
i mean in the current chapters kakashi's fate still isn't decided, but obviously this has something to do with the current developments.

so why not add something about minato since minato''s going to have a conversation with his son in the future(only the manga readers know this ofcourse)

or something about rin(being trained bij tsunade???)or maybe a flash forward to how she died at the end of gaiden .

look i get where you're coming from, i hate mindless fillers too.
the crappy characters, the story plot you can see coming from miles away.

but gaiden isn't filler, and the characters depicted in it are actually almost all of them essential to the story. so a little extra wouldn't hurt.
at least that's what i think:D

Googlez_kun
April 10, 2009, 06:46 AM
i do understand you, and i think you also understood me.however

that's why i sugested the bullet time a.k.a slow motion. and even then you'd still have about 20 minutes to show something else.plus since they finnaly anounced that they are going to animate the gaiden, wouldn't you like them to take the opportunity to show a little more like: sandaime or the background of the war instead of just the mission???
i would like to see it animated:amuse
but i would not like to see sandaime and bg stuff,because it would be filler
only if they would ask kishi and make the bg-story together with him

i'm pretty sure that he would try to avoid any injuries at any time, regardless if its war or peace. besides you make it sound as if his fighting style is risky, but he was as you said about to become hokage.
plus take a look at his record:

http://www.urakai.com/ndb3/162-163.png

that over 700 missions!!!, this guy was very capable of judging what the best way to defeat the enemy was
what i actually meant that he has to be careful,because...let me explain it on one example:
the situation is like that:the 4 konoha ninja are sitting on an underground bomb,the enemies are about to activate this bomb,but the yellow flash beats them all with rasengan or some tricks.nevertheless 1 of them manages to survive and activates the bomb...that's what i meant with he wants to avoid any injury,cutting the throat is the easiest,fastest and safest way...

isn't kakashi doing the exact same thing here???:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/240/06/

and here:

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/240/07/

plus, minato doesn't scratch his head but decides in a split second, that's what makes him so good, and i know you know this but, minato's not flying.

actually kakashi was doing what i would do(and what yondaime should do^^):he is just taking out all the kagebunshin with the fastest and easiest method,he doesn't think how he defeats this one or another one,because it's totally unnessacary(spelling?f*** this word<.<)

true the only purpose of gaiden is to show the relationship between kakashi and obito.
what i meant is that,if kishi thought it would be nessecary(sp?<.<'')to show how minato defeats them all he would've added it,but he thought that the fans know the quite obvious:amuse

but don't you find the timing at which they decided to animate the gaiden a little suspicious???
i mean in the current chapters kakashi's fate still isn't decided, but obviously this has something to do with the current developments.

so why not add something about minato since minato''s going to have a conversation with his son in the future(only the manga readers know this ofcourse)
WHAT!?! kakashi dies and yondaime will speak with naruto????i'm just as far as the anime goes,so you totally spoiled everything for me!!!:mad

nahhh! just kidding:p

the thing is that a lot of the japanese naruto fans don't read the manga and so the gaiden placed at a time where kakashi 'dies' in the manga is quite odd in my eyes,because i thought they would put it later in the anime,so the minato argument doesn't count here:amuse

or something about rin(being trained bij tsunade???)or maybe a flash forward to how she died at the end of gaiden .

look i get where you're coming from, i hate mindless fillers too.
the crappy characters, the story plot you can see coming from miles away.

but gaiden isn't filler, and the characters depicted in it are actually almost all of them essential to the story. so a little extra wouldn't hurt.
at least that's what i think:D

i know that the gaiden isn't filler,but filler is that what they just add to it
and i wouldn't mind that,but,as i said before,they have to first ask kishimoto and maybe he will give some more informations through the anime!that'd be awesome,but if they just add some stuff i wouldn't welcome it:darn
i love every extra in the anime,only that kishi has to give it:amuse

Bohemia22
April 10, 2009, 08:24 AM
Yeah, but Kishi is like super busy.:notrust

kai-uchiha
April 10, 2009, 08:57 AM

what i actually meant that he has to be careful,because...let me explain it on one example:
the situation is like that:the 4 konoha ninja are sitting on an underground bomb,the enemies are about to activate this bomb,but the yellow flash beats them all with rasengan or some tricks.nevertheless 1 of them manages to survive and activates the bomb...that's what i meant with he wants to avoid any injury,cutting the throat is the easiest,fastest and safest way...

actually kakashi was doing what i would do(and what yondaime should do^^):he is just taking out all the kagebunshin with the fastest and easiest method,he doesn't think how he defeats this one or another one,because it's totally unnessacary(spelling?f*** this word<.<)

what i meant is that,if kishi thought it would be nessecary(sp?<.<'')to show how minato defeats them all he would've added it,but he thought that the fans know the quite obvious:amuse

WHAT!?! kakashi dies and yondaime will speak with naruto????i'm just as far as the anime goes,so you totally spoiled everything for me!!!:mad

nahhh! just kidding:p

the thing is that a lot of the japanese naruto fans don't read the manga and so the gaiden placed at a time where kakashi 'dies' in the manga is quite odd in my eyes,because i thought they would put it later in the anime,so the minato argument doesn't count here:amuse

i know that the gaiden isn't filler,but filler is that what they just add to it
and i wouldn't mind that,but,as i said before,they have to first ask kishimoto and maybe he will give some more informations through the anime!that'd be awesome,but if they just add some stuff i wouldn't welcome it:darn
i love every extra in the anime,only that kishi has to give it:amuse

yeah i do agree with you on that one, if they add something it should be done by kishi himself.
not on the episode directors order.

so i guess we came to an understanding :p

(also for a couple of seconds i actually feared i did spoil you lol)

Googlez_kun
April 10, 2009, 09:21 AM
Yeah, but Kishi is like super busy.:notrust
but Eiichiro Oda(from One Piece)also somehow manages to work on his manga and with the anime crew(and the movie makers)
so i don't see any problem with that

yeah i do agree with you on that one, if they add something it should be done by kishi himself.
not on the episode directors order.

so i guess we came to an understanding :p

(also for a couple of seconds i actually feared i did spoil you lol)

yes finally! :amuse

(haha:D)

Lelo
April 10, 2009, 03:40 PM
is there an officiall date to when they will air it.

Gingitsune
April 10, 2009, 11:50 PM
Not yet, although they said it will be airing on TV when the movie will be be released, on April 1st. So likely at the end of July KG should start.

Jye24_Nindo
April 11, 2009, 01:19 AM
Minato FTG, if done well enough, can be sweet regardless of how short the attack actually is. Imagine using some freeze frame, john woo slow mo type animation.

think: Appleseed

Raizen
April 16, 2009, 03:33 PM
Minato's fights are short b/c he just pwn anyone... lame ass uchihas included :amuse

Lelo
May 01, 2009, 05:03 PM
^Haha LOL, I wish we can see Minato woop a Uchihas ass. My dream fight would be Itachi(not blind) vs Minato. I wish they would also at least show a conversation between the 2.

THM Nindo
May 03, 2009, 12:44 PM
Kakashi Gaiden must be done at some point.
I can only see two ways :

In a separate OVA.

After Kakashi is "almost" killed by Pain, we see him think a lot of Obito and Rin and he talks with his father

Either way, we need to see some anime action of Minato.
I can't wait to see Hiraishin in anime.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/gaarakazekagesamafangirl/fourth%20hokage/hiraishin.jpg

Raizen
May 04, 2009, 01:51 PM
^Haha LOL, I wish we can see Minato woop a Uchihas ass. My dream fight would be Itachi(not blind) vs Minato. I wish they would also at least show a conversation between the 2.
I am desperately wanting to see that. Just to show that the uchihas aren't as powerful as everyone made them out to be

Newkerzy
May 05, 2009, 04:44 AM
Well, for one thing people might be expecting a bit too much from Naruto after seeing this Gaiden.... I can pretty much see people hoping Naruto will be super badass like his pops. He's got Kyuubi+Sage mode already!!! I think that's unique enough for me.... I don't exactly object him becoming the next Yellow flash but that's just wishful thinking people....

WaveBossa
May 05, 2009, 10:19 AM
I am desperately wanting to see that. Just to show that the uchihas aren't as powerful as everyone made them out to be

The problem is... they are.

And its not "everyone" that made them out to be strong, it was kishi, so dont blame us.

He's the one that gave them the hax eye that can do anything...

Googlez_kun
May 05, 2009, 10:41 AM

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/389/16-17/

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/398/18/

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/399/10-11/

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/342/17-18/

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/309/04-05/

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/342/17-18/

Raizen
May 05, 2009, 10:36 PM
The problem is... they are.

And its not "everyone" that made them out to be strong, it was kishi, so dont blame us.

He's the one that gave them the hax eye that can do anything...
I never said they aren't powerful, but they are not like OMFG... pwned...asswhoop...

I mean people are saying just b.c sasuke had the sharingan the 8-tails would be easy to beat and yet he got his ass whooped.
People also said that Itachi has surpassed everyone but that has yet to even be remotely stated.
So yes, the uchihas are way overrated

slmcknett
May 06, 2009, 12:30 AM
I never said they aren't powerful, but they are not like OMFG... pwned...asswhoop...

I mean people are saying just b.c sasuke had the sharingan the 8-tails would be easy to beat and yet he got his ass whooped.
People also said that Itachi has surpassed everyone but that has yet to even be remotely stated.

I agree with this; every time an Uchiha has fought, they've always won out of default. Sasuke's basically lost every fight he's ever been in, excluding that sound ninja from the Chunin Exam preliminaries. Same goes for Itachi and Madara, although I guess that you could say that they both won in their own ways: Itachi's plan worked out (somewhat) and Madara manages to escape the First.

But, yeah, compared to other ninja (mostly Naruto and the Hokages), the Uchiha ARE pretty overrated.

adel123456789
May 06, 2009, 01:47 AM

the uchihas are overpoerd but..... itachi is overpoerd, yet sick with tonton(the pig) flew. madara seems to only have one eye. and itachi did say that he is the shell of former self, so... no need toexplain that. as for sasuke, eventhough his ametseru is powerfull, his eyes are geting worse by everytime he uses it. in other words, kishi is overpowering with balence. pluss, sasuke won agenst the 8 tails, but was beaten up, so he isn't over powerd. if you want to know what overpowering realy means. then look at DBZ. thats overpowering. and controling kyuubi with the sharengun does make you blind.

Raizen
May 06, 2009, 01:16 PM
the uchihas are overpoerd but..... itachi is overpoerd, yet sick with tonton(the pig) flew. madara seems to only have one eye. and itachi did say that he is the shell of former self, so... no need toexplain that. as for sasuke, eventhough his ametseru is powerfull, his eyes are geting worse by everytime he uses it. in other words, kishi is overpowering with balence. pluss, sasuke won agenst the 8 tails, but was beaten up, so he isn't over powerd. if you want to know what overpowering realy means. then look at DBZ. thats overpowering. and controling kyuubi with the sharengun does make you blind.
There is a difference between overpowering and overrated. Yes kishi overpowered them with the sharingan, but in the end he still have shown that strong ninjas can beat even top uchihas, like teh 1st beat madara. Yet people still claim uchihas as undefeated 1-on-1 or that someone like itachi has surpass all b4 him, which i think is bull. This is where the fan's overestimation comes in.

ciardha1966
May 06, 2009, 11:55 PM

I want to see some scenes with Minato and Kushina added in. Some scenes with Jiraiya and Minato would be cool as well. I'm guessing Minato became Hokage right after that arc, so the whole issue of Orochimaru's rage at not being picked as Hokage and promptly deserting Konoha and joining the Akatsuki could easily be added to the ending. My guess is they might take it up to the night of the Kyuubi attack and Naruto's birth, if so it could last quite a few episodes.

Newkerzy
May 07, 2009, 02:19 AM
True, but they probably won't show Kushina... It's pretty possible that it will go up to the Kyuubi attack, so I agree with you on that....

NormL
May 07, 2009, 03:56 AM
Anyone think that Kakashi Gaiden will be made into a movie. I really think it could be. First I know all movies are filler, not based on the manga, but it would be a MONSTER hit! people would literally camp out to get tickets maybe even make fake tickets who knows. There is the basis of a script already.

Bohemia22
May 07, 2009, 08:33 AM
Anyone think that Kakashi Gaiden will be made into a movie. I really think it could be. First I know all movies are filler, not based on the manga, but it would be a MONSTER hit! people would literally camp out to get tickets maybe even make fake tickets who knows. There is the basis of a script already.I think it would be totally master badass movie. Even in the manga KG was so brilliant that it almost made me cry (the only thing in Naruto). I would definitely watch that.

Oathencrantz
May 07, 2009, 09:03 AM
Kakashi Gaiden must be done at some point.
I can only see two ways :

In a separate OVA.

After Kakashi is "almost" killed by Pain, we see him think a lot of Obito and Rin and he talks with his father

Either way, we need to see some anime action of Minato.
I can't wait to see Hiraishin in anime.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/gaarakazekagesamafangirl/fourth%20hokage/hiraishin.jpg

Dope ass picture.

Raizen
May 07, 2009, 02:42 PM
Who ever made that pic captured Minato so well. With hiraishin he seems like he is in multiple places at once. That mkaes it so that he can deliver multiple attacks in a split of a second making it impossible to counter or even dodge
Great pic by the way, who made it??

zmaia
May 07, 2009, 03:25 PM
Who ever made that pic captured Minato so well. With hiraishin he seems like he is in multiple places at once. That mkaes it so that he can deliver multiple attacks in a split of a second making it impossible to counter or even dodge
Great pic by the way, who made it??

It was kunoichi-san from dA: http://kunoichi-san.deviantart.com/art/Hiraishin-65862859 :)

Newkerzy
May 08, 2009, 10:49 AM
If u guys have the time, check out her "Yondaime Gaiden" one of the best doujins I ever read!!!!!

THM Nindo
May 08, 2009, 02:32 PM
If u guys have the time, check out her "Yondaime Gaiden" one of the best doujins I ever read!!!!!

You should be banned for trolling.:notrust

There's no official Yondaime Gaiden, Kishi only said that he would make one later on (in the Naruto 10th chronicle).

Are you talking about some un-offical non-canon doujin?

adel123456789
May 08, 2009, 02:59 PM

There's no official Yondaime Gaiden, Kishi only said that he would make one later on (in the Naruto 10th chronicle).

you mean there yondime gaiden........ then this part of naruto will be over. i mean if he does it in the middel of this arc or after it then return as if nothing happend with no time skips. then this flashback (yondaime ganden) willbe like in bleach with the 110 years ago flashback were it came out of nowere in the mettl of a battel

as for the yondime gaiden that fan was talking about is a fan made comic(doujinshi) by a person on DA and it sucks.

Googlez_kun
May 08, 2009, 03:06 PM

it's a doujinshi you can find in her profile on DA and on MH,but...
KISHI SAID THAT HE'LL MAKE A YONDI-GAIDEN???:jawdrop
are you sure?that would be awesome:spaz

THM Nindo
May 08, 2009, 03:09 PM
you mean the Naruto 10th chronicle was the yondime gaiden........

as for the yondime gaiden that fan was talking about is a fan made comic(doujinshi) by a person on DA and it sucks.

I'm not too sure about that Yondaime Gaiden stuff.
I read that Kishi said in an interview in the 10th chronicle that he was planning on writing a Minato Gaiden.

Raizen
May 08, 2009, 03:54 PM
I read that Kishi said in an interview in the 10th chronicle that he was planning on writing a Minato Gaiden.
that would be sooo cool

Newkerzy
May 12, 2009, 09:35 AM

WTH are you talking about???!!! That doujin 's was some of the best doujins I ever read & probably the best Naruto doujin!!! if you think that sucks then you have no taste for art!!! hell, that girl can really draw & it's like she's Kishi's KB or something!!! plus, it just might be what Kishi had in his mind (of course his version will be different, but the basic idea is probably similar)

Googlez_kun
May 12, 2009, 09:57 AM
WTH are you talking about???!!! That doujin 's was some of the best doujins I ever read & probably the best Naruto doujin!!! if you think that sucks then you have no taste for art!!! hell, that girl can really draw & it's like she's Kishi's KB or something!!! plus, it just might be what Kishi had in his mind (of course his version will be different, but the basic idea is probably similar)

please don't overact!i also think that she can draw pretty well,but her art has it's flaws(especially the faces,because she has a different drawing style),but it's not as she was the same level as kishimoto and the story was pretty average,in other words not as good as kishimoto would do it,in my honest opinion...
i liked it and i like some of kunoichi-san's art,but that doesn't mean the gaiden is supa-dupa-awesum and it doesn't mean you can say adel has no taste of art(,because he sure has ;)).it's his opinion about this doujin and you have yours,so no need to overact!:amuse

back on topic:

does anyone know how many episodes the gaiden will have in the anime?:headscratch

adel123456789
May 12, 2009, 10:04 AM
ouch....... that hurts. :(
i see that you only liked it because the style was simeler to kishi. i dont say that she doesnt know how to draw, but the plot for her doujin was only interesting to read only once in my openion. i was waiting for somthing to happen yet nothing actualy happen. when you begen reading it is the same as when you finish reading it. as for what kishi would do. he will make a polt in and not just show kushina, minato, and naruto in a pictuer like a famely, but he tell us if kushina is alive or not. yet all i saw in this doujin is a crazy dream of kushina's were she sees the kyuubi attack. and what about ren, she(the artest) only showed her when the fourth was conserned for her, and we never knew what happened next(she finished the doujin only at that). now, the kakashi gaiden that is written by kishi was complete. it explained some things(kakashi's sharingun), and we knew who kakashi's team were. i did like the art in this doujin but that isnt what makes a doujin good. dont judg a book by its cover :notrust. forget the art, and look at the plot. i know doujins that suck with the plot. but are good with the the art(not just this rtest but many others). i might not have a tast for art, but you need to re-read it and see what the plot was, but forget the style she is drawing. whan you end you will see how diffrent is her writng style from kishi's.
[hr]

does anyone know how many episodes the gaiden will have in the anime?:headscratch

i think 10 epesods with filler. 5 with no filler. but i do wish they put some filler(that doesnt effect the plot) in it to make it longer.

Newkerzy
May 13, 2009, 09:52 AM
While I agree with some of your points, I still believe the plot was somewhat amazing. I give it 8/10 it's true the ending sorta sucked but it was a great read nonetheless. If I were Kishi, I'd probably be using that Idea (with some changes, of course) & besides didn't I say Kishi might have something similar to it? Sorry for being off-topic just stating my opinion.... anyways since KG is going to be aired (I hope it's not OVA) I'm eagerly waiting for it after weeks of filler.

adel123456789
May 14, 2009, 02:14 AM

is there a translation to the whole 10th chronicle. i would like to read it.

harrier terror
May 16, 2009, 05:36 PM

I thought the word 'doujin' was almost synonymous with a fan made material? Isn't that what a doujinishi is by definition? A self-published manga? In Western culture it's understood to be a parody work of an existing story.

Perhaps you should read a little more closely rather than accusing someone of trolling.

check out her "Yondaime Gaiden" one of the best doujins I ever read!!!!!

Uh-huh.

On another note, I read it and while the artwork was rather good, the writing was terrible. Everyone's dialogue was extremely out of character and the story was absolutely pointless and poorly fleshed out. The ending would have been a nice sentiment if only the writing actually had some character.

adel123456789
May 17, 2009, 04:31 AM
I thought the word 'doujin' was almost synonymous with a fan made material? Isn't that what a doujinishi is by definition? A self-published manga? In Western culture it's understood to be a parody work of an existing story.

Perhaps you should read a little more closely rather than accusing someone of trolling.
check out her "Yondaime Gaiden" one of the best doujins I ever read!!!!!

Uh-huh.

On another note, I read it and while the artwork was rather good, the writing was terrible. Everyone's dialogue was extremely out of character and the story was absolutely pointless and poorly fleshed out. The ending would have been a nice sentiment if only the writing actually had some character.

saw it, and it isnt that good in my openion at least. as for doujins, they are fan made material, and this is a non canon (canon: a plot from a manga written by the original auther, and not a fan), and that's what troling is. promoting non canon works like fake spoilers, doujins, fanfictions. the reason why troling isn't liked here, becuase it gives us wrong information about the manga, and some people confuses it with canon when they discus things. thus discusing things that never happened. we already have the fillers for that.

yah it was realy sad that it was useless, she has so much potensual, but only in drwaing.

SmallTiger
May 20, 2009, 10:10 AM
Am skipping over the gazillion off-topic posts about YG, and when there might be a real YG, and what Kishi has said about a possible YG, whose YG doujin does or does not suck (Kunoichi-san's is awesome BTW, IMO), etc. etc. to go back to discussion about Kakashi Gaiden. *Points to title of thread*

Heh, I can't wait to see the part of the Gaiden where Minato is with the kids and lets go of his backpack, you see a sudden cutaway to Yondaime's eyes behind a terrified rock ninja, and then cutback to Yondaime next to his backpack as it thuds on the ground acting like nothing happened. That will just be plain ol' FUN in animated version. Don't blink...:D

THM Nindo
May 20, 2009, 10:27 PM
Am skipping over the gazillion off-topic posts about YG, and when there might be a real YG, and what Kishi has said about a possible YG, whose YG doujin does or does not suck (Kunoichi-san's is awesome BTW, IMO), etc. etc. to go back to discussion about Kakashi Gaiden. *Points to title of thread*

Heh, I can't wait to see the part of the Gaiden where Minato is with the kids and lets go of his backpack, you see a sudden cutaway to Yondaime's eyes behind a terrified rock ninja, and then cutback to Yondaime next to his backpack as it thuds on the ground acting like nothing happened. That will just be plain ol' FUN in animated version. Don't blink...:D

Lol... funny how you said that we were out of topic about talking about Minato, and you just talk about him again in your post.

But, I know what you mean, we were talking about a Yondaime Gaiden and not of Minato in Kakashi Gaiden.
I really wonder if we will ever see it. Maybe as a movie, or a filler (god, please no!!)...

M3J
May 21, 2009, 12:18 AM
I think Kakashi Gaiden will have at least 10 episodes and could be a filler when Kakashi goes against Pain and is near death or something. I'm guessing it'll happen around the time Pain attacks Konoha to when Naruto faces Nagato, if not a bit after.
if it hasn't started. I rarely watch the anime because of fillers. <_<

itachi_kun90
May 21, 2009, 06:11 AM
what you say can't be done first kakashi's gaiden is 7 chapters let me think in episodes it can be around 4 but it would be ovas and second it will air at september and then at episodes it will be near sasuke-deidara fight since at 11 june the real episodes starts again.

Akiyama
June 09, 2009, 06:06 PM
Episodes 119 and 120 are a one hour long broadcast and the title is Kakashi's Gaiden-The Battlefield of a Boys Life and will air July 30!

I messed up on the thread title it's really July, is there any way i could fix that.

merged threads

dbgohan08
June 09, 2009, 06:12 PM
its july 30

Gingitsune
June 09, 2009, 06:17 PM
Episode 119 and 120 on Tuesday June 30? We had episode 112 last week, isn't 9 episodes a month a bit too much to be real? And a double episode on Tuesday instead of Thursday, that just sound fishy.

Oh! I get it! Someone likely mistook July for June, July 30th is on Thursday, and a 119-120 special on that day would fit with the episodes' number. That would make Kakashi Gaiden fro the end of July.

Edit: dbgohan08 was faster -_-

Proxy
June 09, 2009, 06:50 PM
.......................... G........O......D.......L........Y

MattB92
June 09, 2009, 08:17 PM
SWEET! Finally!

Wrave Kurotsuchi
June 09, 2009, 08:20 PM
Well its nice to see that I will actually watch the anime again.

allendsup23
June 09, 2009, 08:43 PM
Episode 117 is about Jugo. Doesn't make sense to put Kakashi Gaiden in 119 or so. Where did we get this info?

They can actually put Gaiden in between of Arcs instead of in the Arc.

Aizen Sama
June 09, 2009, 09:01 PM
Episode 117 is about Jugo. Doesn't make sense to put Kakashi Gaiden in 119 or so. Where did we get this info?

They can actually put Gaiden in between of Arcs instead of in the Arc.

They might set it up as a flashback with Kakashi. Kinda like a really awesome filler. Plus they wanted to release it around the time of the new movie.

roma
June 09, 2009, 09:08 PM
i just hope its real and we really do get kakashi gaiden end of next month. i wanna see minato in action even if its only in a flash! :)

filippester
June 09, 2009, 09:43 PM
I wonder how much they will mess this up...

dmysta3000
June 09, 2009, 10:06 PM
Where did you find this? post a link now!

Akiyama
June 09, 2009, 10:27 PM
Where did you find this? post a link now!

Here's the Link (http://www.tv.com/Naruto/show/18558/episode.html) It makes sense that they air it the same week the 3rd shippuden movie comes out because the movie does focus on kakashi.

kakashi919
June 09, 2009, 11:38 PM
Finally! been waiting for this for so long :D

Bohemia22
June 10, 2009, 01:00 AM
So they're gonna use 6 manga chaps for a special? Too great :O. Damn it has to be great. Hope they don't mess it up too much...

apathism
June 10, 2009, 01:14 AM
Well its nice to see that I will actually watch the anime again.

Double True.

raptor02_2001
June 10, 2009, 01:35 AM
hehe mistake ... i forgive you but i am so happy to hear news Kakashi Gaiden .. mean Anime, Kakashi will call Fourth 's name or still call Sesnei?

Mugiwara_no_Jack
June 10, 2009, 01:38 AM
Yeah finally I can watch the Anime at least for two episodes ...

After waiting so long for Kakashi's Gaiden they better not mess up with it ...

raptor02_2001
June 10, 2009, 01:44 AM
i can't wait to see Rin and Obito!!!

-Ren Boy-
June 10, 2009, 04:48 AM
The most anticipated moment in Naruto anime ever since the Kakashi Gaiden manga was released :XD

matsemann08
June 10, 2009, 02:25 PM
Any info on the Seiyū for Yondaime ? ^^

1TrueSensei
June 10, 2009, 03:00 PM
Yes, this is definitely gonna be worth the wait.

P.S. Matsemann. Your signature gif. I. Must. Haves. It!!!

-Ren Boy-
June 10, 2009, 03:10 PM
:O 1TS would you consider in doing a 6 part review on the Gaiden, that would be cool :P. It will be very nostalgic and it will be creative when also the anime is going on. Well thats if you have time that is

Natoma
June 10, 2009, 03:24 PM
They need to use the team who did the Hidan/Kakuzu/Kakashi fight animation. That was sooooooo sweet.