PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 309 Discussion

thornofcarrion
November 16, 2012, 02:27 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

hossice
November 22, 2012, 02:06 AM
If you want to read, chapter is out : http://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c309/

halfcrzy
November 22, 2012, 02:10 AM
You beat me too it! Its a good chapter this week! Im glad Natsu still looks overpowered as he should after all the training and such.

fairiehearts
November 22, 2012, 02:16 AM
Sad they didn't go back to the battle royale, but i thought it was awesome because loki is finally back. I had a feeling some of the spirits wouldn't just sit and wait. I actually thought virgo would be the one to pop out and help her hime but i think its great that loki is there instead. I mean he is the leader and freaking awesome

SerpentTailedAngel
November 22, 2012, 02:17 AM
That chapter read really fast. I was completely shocked that I got to the end so soon... I suppose this means it was a lot better than I was expecting. Now I feel dumb for whining about the executioners all last week (though I do still want to see the tournament more)

Glad Arcadios didn't die. Not becuase I like the guy, but it would have felt wrong if there was supposed to be some sort of shock value in his death.
(how is he not completely burnt up?)

halfcrzy
November 22, 2012, 02:33 AM
That chapter read really fast. I was completely shocked that I got to the end so soon... I suppose this means it was a lot better than I was expecting. Now I feel dumb for whining about the executioners all last week (though I do still want to see the tournament more)

Glad Arcadios didn't die. Not becuase I like the guy, but it would have felt wrong if there was supposed to be some sort of shock value in his death.
(how is he not completely burnt up?)

Lolol. Dont ask how he isn't burnt up. I thought about it and was like Wait.. What? Then I just accepted it at face value that clock summon has limb regrowth ability lol.

-Ken-
November 22, 2012, 03:20 AM
It's out already? So fast.

I like this chapter. It's a pretty decent paced. I hope it doesn't take more than 1 chapter each fight from now on, though. There's a lot to get done.

wooticus
November 22, 2012, 04:05 AM
I hope Natsu's opponent has some more skills than just being quick and cutting people's heads off. Otherwise that fight is already so over. Can Yukino summon two spirits at once? I don't exactly remember, but if that is the case we'll see up to 5 spirits fight at once.

Lily's fight will be interesting, because his opponent is not a melee fighter as usual and his ability might be really difficult for him to handle.

Wendy will just blow away all that paper stuff.

Mirajane.. still has Satan Soul: Sitri left to use which will probably stomp her enemy. Even if not, there is the possibility that she pulls out an even more awesome Satan Soul.

And I'm still thinking that all this is a trick arragend by Arcadios in order to gain Fairy Tail's trust. They are being tricked hard here!

Zasz
November 22, 2012, 04:42 AM
Ahahahaha, I really laughed hard at Makarov remembering about the letters of apology. XD
Anyway it was nice to have an early chapter of FT and I also enjoyed it.
I don't know what to think about Arcadios now; he seems a good guy, but mistery still surrounds him.
Next week we will see FT kicking the order's asses; at least that's the vibes that this chapter gave me (also because Mashima said clearly that the fairies counterattack has begun).
Thus I really hope that next week we will proceed with the story.

shnugin
November 22, 2012, 04:48 AM
The fact that they switch from one panel after the next showcasing the hardship of each Fairy Tail member is always that hype before they start wrecking their enemies!

Mira hasn't even used Take Over which we can all agree, that Konan wannabe is going to be shredded! :cheez

liductan
November 22, 2012, 05:42 AM
Awesome! Loki is back!!! This chapter wasn't bad, some what entertaining. I hope the fairies do not win so easily but I have a feeling that's exactly what 's going to happen.

Nintendude1997
November 22, 2012, 05:54 AM
Decent chapter of fairy tail,though i am a seriously disappointed that Arcadios didn't die.I thought Hiro had redeemed himself for the whole "Lector is alive" bullshit but i guess he just i can't bring himself to kill off even minor characters...

Jorge D. Dragon
November 22, 2012, 07:02 AM
Well, the chapter was quite good.
These guys from the Order of the howling wolves are quite good. Of course they will loose in the end, but it's Fairy Tail who are their opponents and the guys like Natsu and Mira in particular, who are monsters in their own right. Also we have Lucy who just has one of the best plot armours in manga history.:)
Anyways, I really like some abilities this Order has. Especially the Fatty-Drunkurd-guy! His Acid Magic should be quite troublesome for any opponent to handle and especially for a melee fighter like Lily. Still, I hope Lily will manage to find a way to take his opponent down.;)
Also it's great that Loki is back!:cool: He is way better and interesting than Lucy as a character (at least for me).:teehee
And Natsu seems to kick ass... Hope in the next chapter he stomps the leader of this Order, even though the leader might pull some other trick. I can't see how Natsu might be troubled with this guy after he managed to take down both Sting and Rogue at their full power.:)

marshall313
November 22, 2012, 07:19 AM
I hope Natsu's opponent has some more skills than just being quick and cutting people's heads off. Otherwise that fight is already so over. Can Yukino summon two spirits at once? I don't exactly remember, but if that is the case we'll see up to 5 spirits fight at once.

Lily's fight will be interesting, because his opponent is not a melee fighter as usual and his ability might be really difficult for him to handle.

Wendy will just blow away all that paper stuff.

Mirajane.. still has Satan Soul: Sitri left to use which will probably stomp her enemy. Even if not, there is the possibility that she pulls out an even more awesome Satan Soul.

And I'm still thinking that all this is a trick arragend by Arcadios in order to gain Fairy Tail's trust. They are being tricked hard here!

It's freaking obvious if you ask me. This is a trick created by the princess and arcadios himself.

I had a feeling that makarov needs another letter of apology when natsu and the others would going to destroy the kingdom/castle.:derp

JunKisaragi
November 22, 2012, 07:51 AM

I believe Yukino went for a Pisces and Libra combo during her fight against Kagura. :)

Although I'm thinking along the lines of a "Unison Raid" between Lucy and Yukino's spirits for this bout.

exacta
November 22, 2012, 09:10 AM
Mashima truly has no balls. Can't even have a minor character properly sacrifice himself, let alone have one die from jumping into a pool of lava for pete's sake. He SHOULD be dead too, I think the fact he even made it to Yukino and Lucy was already impossible.

Natsu's end of the chapter comment seems to mean that the Executioners are already screwed. Not that I expected them to win, but already? They are pointless, but if they lose already then now I really don't get what good reason Mashima could have for including them. On another note the "Acid Rule" on that dudes back was a Rave shout out.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Still hoping Minerva is lying and Lector is dead, which would be deliciously evil.

shnugin
November 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
I just re-read the chapter from mangastream, and I am more convinced that we shouldn't expect much of anything with these Hungry Wolves or whatever.

They are just filler fights to pro-long an important plot line which is, Arcadios good or bad? Did he really mean to sacrifice his life? Or was he that good of an actor or researcher and knew that Lucy's Horologium will come out to save him?

For me its too easy and the hype of these Wolves was too fast and rushed that they are nothing more but sparring partners for Fairy Tail.

Next Chapter should end all 5 battles and with the Princess thanking Lucy and everyone else whilst opening up the skeletons of Fiore.

Lozmaster
November 22, 2012, 10:30 AM
Mashima truly has no balls. Can't even have a minor character properly sacrifice himself, let alone have one die from jumping into a pool of lava for pete's sake. He SHOULD be dead too, I think the fact he even made it to Yukino and Lucy was already impossible

Look, either you take it as fantasy and accept that the "lava" was possible to survive in for a short period of time or you take it as realistic in which case the convection of heat and fumes from the lava would have killed everyone there, not just arcadios. Including the guy who cast the lava spell.

DIOMEDES
November 22, 2012, 12:18 PM
http://img.mangastream.com/m/3/51675459/79f1a0fe0e0b13cf1a611dc7ab2362ef.png

On the first panel, the lava's glow made Lucy's skirt look like an ass with a G-string HAHA!

EMS
November 22, 2012, 12:51 PM
holy shit the chapter 309 it's out:gwah i'll be right back:mono

okay, i finished reading the chapter and i believe if mashima let aracadeus died for the grow of lucy and yukino and that will give then a better reason to keep moving foward and more motivation to use the 12 zodiacs keys that eventually lucy will have..
i give this chapter 6..

Uriel
November 22, 2012, 01:41 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Leo looks kinda fat?

And the solely reason this chapter was good is Arcadios. Why? Because now we don't know if He's evil or not. You may say that He's evil because He talked about Zeref. What if He talked with the latter Zeref? The one who was peaceful and regretted his sins, I mean.

We just don't know. It's weird, since Acnologia issue DOES seems to be something that Zeref is concerned about. How and why Zeref is linked to it? We don't know. The Dragon spirit couldn't lie, I think, so that part may be true.

What if Zeref is the human part that Acnologia left behind??

Anyway, I don't like the lava stuff. Should have been ANY other thing. It's just unbelievable that He can walks trough Magama and rise from it without getting a single burn on his skin. I understand that He must be kept alive, but...Come on, Mashima.

fcToho
November 22, 2012, 03:17 PM
Wow Arcadios :derp

Arnie is proud of you
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/sp/image/1341/56/1341564672961.jpg*nod*http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120302062519/fairytail/images/thumb/2/2e/Arcadios.jpg/300px-Arcadios.jpg

Shame, I was looking forward to see the "holy knight" shows his skills. Other than lavawalking of course.

gaston42
November 22, 2012, 03:48 PM
It looks like some people forgot how the laws of physics work in a fantasy world :
- Lava is around 60°C
- Magic fire is not really fire, but heat which burns superficially
- Lightning has high voltage but low intensity
- The human body can lose up to 30 liters of blood before falling unconscious
- An average human can jump from up to 50 meters high without breaking any bones
(...)

EMS
November 22, 2012, 04:23 PM
What if Zeref is the human part that Acnologia left behind??.
the dragon that was summoned in the cave where all the dragon were killed by acnologia, the dragon said that this slayer dragon was turned into a dragon by ZEREF, this is why i don't think zeref is the human part of acnologia..

exacta
November 22, 2012, 04:25 PM
Look, either you take it as fantasy and accept that the "lava" was possible to survive in for a short period of time or you take it as realistic in which case the convection of heat and fumes from the lava would have killed everyone there, not just arcadios. Including the guy who cast the lava spell.

Even so, surviving sinking into lava and surviving from the fumes are miles apart in absurdity.

Uriel
November 22, 2012, 04:32 PM
the dragon that was summoned in the cave where all the dragon were killed by acnologia, the dragon said that this slayer dragon was turned into a dragon by ZEREF, this is why i don't think zeref is the human part of acnologia..
Nope.

EMS
November 22, 2012, 05:51 PM
Nope.

can you explain what your ]Nope. means?..

Uriel
November 22, 2012, 05:53 PM
can you explain what your ]Nope. means?..
Sorry, I thought it was clear. But all that chapter indicates that Zeref has nothing to do with Acnologia turning to a Dragon. Acnologia turned himself by bathing himself in Dragon Blood and evolving his Dragon Slayer powers.

hoeru
November 22, 2012, 06:26 PM
Must be very hard again for people reading manga just to wait for the author to kill off characters or stick with real world physics. Mashima just has teh ballz not to hesitate not to j-vulg.snip-f some meaningless killings just to bolster up the FT story to cover up flaws. (I'm typing this after seeing only the initial post. Not that I wouldn't respect other ones' opinions - at this point I don't care to read them as they are too easy to predict.)

Nice chapter so far, not much progress - neither on the battles nor the tournament - but still well enough for me. Just enough to go on reading. I think Mashima just deals with the new bad guys similar to like he did with Dokuro Kai (==> Ikaruga etc.). Therefore I'm eager to see a LucyXYukino unison raid fan service. :P But Loki's last fight was done in a pretty smart way, so I guess there's gonna be a big punch coming up in that battle.

EMS
November 22, 2012, 06:50 PM
Sorry, I thought it was clear. But all that chapter indicates that Zeref has nothing to do with Acnologia turning to a Dragon. Acnologia turned himself by bathing himself in Dragon Blood and evolving his Dragon Slayer powers.
i just go by what it says in this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/301/20

Leonsagara
November 22, 2012, 07:03 PM
That just means it is possible Zeref was involved in some way. No one knows for sure what happened, but we'll probably find out eventually.

JunKisaragi
November 22, 2012, 07:34 PM
I'm thinking Horologium may have gained additional healing abilities (like treating burns), similar to how he gained some during the Nirvana incident citing that due to Lucy's power being greater than before, he can pass through the gate on his own will and he can cure skin spots, among other minor ailments.

Also, magic in FT has always had different effects on people (with the exception of Zeref's magic where you really wind up dead). Maybe Arcadios just had a high level of tolerance to Lava. :teehee

Uriel
November 22, 2012, 07:52 PM
A thing is certain: Horologium deserves to be a Zodiac :P

SerpentTailedAngel
November 22, 2012, 08:57 PM
To bad he has no offensive application, but yeah, you deserve some recognition for being able to stand unharmed in a pool of lava when you're made largely out of wood.

Lozmaster
November 23, 2012, 02:48 AM
Even so, surviving sinking into lava and surviving from the fumes are miles apart in absurdity.

Doesn't even matter. The way everyone was within a couple of meters of the lava (Which goes for EVERYONE in that room, the guy casting it included). The fumes wouldn't have killed them , the convection of heat would. They literally had SECONDS before that room become an uninhabitable wasteland and they all died. Because the human body starts shutting down at temperatures of 40~45C. At 50C you're pretty much guaranteed to die.

They would have had seconds before it got to that point.

So complaining it's not behaving like real lava is stupid.

El Maco
November 23, 2012, 07:58 AM
Complaining about the lava while accepting that characters live in a steampunk society with magicians and talking dragons is not really relevant.

It was great to see Loki back! He always was a smart dresser. Outside of the context of the battle, the spirits are allowed to come to Lucy's aid.

The opponents had real killing intent and FT is not really used to that. They're used to fighting people that only want to disable them. While this concept made the chapter interesting, the fact that no one ever visibly dies and Arcadios walking lava makes this chapter less dramatic. It was a good and captivating chapter, though.

Remember there's still a day to go between the battle outside and the Eclipse project, so they still have lots to do: escaping, meeting with the princess, another Arcadios revelation, confrontation with the King.

I was disappointed with the way Lucy and Yukino got their keys back. I suppose plotwise there was no other way. Without Loki, they had to fight and escape to retrieve their keys but they needed their keys to defeat their enemy, so we got a Deus ex Machina resolution with their keys literally falling out of the sky.

THM Nindo
November 23, 2012, 09:12 AM
Guys... this is a MANGA.
Please, do not waste your time (and our time) talking about physics and science... -_-;

In any case, for a moment there, I really thought that Arcadius was dead.
And I was really happy!

Not because I don't like the guy (actually, since this chapter, I really like him!), but because this manga has seen no death so far...
And I know it's a shonen, but some people need to die, to sacrifice themselves, you know...

Otherwise, this whole thing looks like it was too easy...
And their victory isn't as great as it would have been if they had to overcome huge difficulties.

And once again, it seems like Natsu will beat the chief of the bad guy, with ease.
I'm all for Fairy Tail being strong, but I want Natsu to be the underdog for once, and, you know... use his head to win...

Chris38
November 23, 2012, 09:14 AM
Well, this chapter isn't what I excepted, but it was still pretty good.

I have to say that I'm still not convinced that Arcadios is a good guy, even if he leaves the fate of the Eclipse plan to Yukino's and Lucy's decision.

Anyway I wonder when we are going to learn what is so special about Lucy - after all, apart from Karen (although in quite different circumstances), she is the only Celestial Wizard who's spirit's take their own actions, without Lucy needing to summon them.

I think that there is some reason for that, and I hope it will be revealed near the conclusion of the current arc, which is still, judging from the current pace, a few chapters away from us.

REN KOUEN
November 23, 2012, 09:19 AM
when did loki develop cat ears?

and it was a good chapter, arcadios pretty much cemented himself as a good guy, it takes alot of courage to do what he did even if the way he was saved is a bit far fetched

exacta
November 23, 2012, 10:29 AM
Doesn't even matter. The way everyone was within a couple of meters of the lava (Which goes for EVERYONE in that room, the guy casting it included). The fumes wouldn't have killed them , the convection of heat would. They literally had SECONDS before that room become an uninhabitable wasteland and they all died. Because the human body starts shutting down at temperatures of 40~45C. At 50C you're pretty much guaranteed to die.

They would have had seconds before it got to that point.

So complaining it's not behaving like real lava is stupid.

No ,talking about physics and science when we're reading a manga is stupid. I don't expect manga authors to follow reality as closely as your talking about, because quite frankly that would be kind of anal for a fantasy story. I want Mashima to kill someone, and letting someone survive swimming in lava is ridiculous, with probably no serious wounds at that. He can ignore fumes and things like that, even falls from long heights, thats fine, but swimming in lava is a no-no. All these tears and scary "predictions" and NO ONE ever dies except Shimon and Lucy's dad. Just kill someone already, this story needs tension, something needs to legitimately go wrong for Fairy Tail, not even a kill, just an actual defeat or something. I'm not convinced any of these people that apparently will die are actually going to die. If Mashima's not going to kill anyone then I wish he'd stop pretending like he's going to, it just wastes time.

KingOfNight
November 23, 2012, 10:31 AM
No ,talking about physics and science when we're reading a manga is stupid. I don't expect manga authors to follow reality as closely as your talking about, because quite frankly that would be kind of anal for a fantasy story. I want Mashima to kill someone, and letting someone survive swimming in lava is ridiculous, with probably no serious wounds at that. He can ignore fumes and things like that, even falls from long heights, thats fine, but swimming in lava is a no-no. All these tears and scary "predictions" and NO ONE ever dies except Shimon and Lucy's dad. Just kill someone already, this story needs tension, something needs to legitimately go wrong for Fairy Tail, not even a kill, just an actual defeat or something. I'm not convinced any of these people that apparently will die are actually going to die. If Mashima's not going to kill anyone then I wish he'd stopped pretending like he's going to, it just wastes time.

Zancrow ? Hades ? Azuma ? Or do you mean that a good character should die ? Not happening, and even if it did happen, friendship will bring them back.

exacta
November 23, 2012, 10:33 AM
Zancrow ? Hades ? Azuma ? Or do you mean that a good character should die ? Not happening, and even if it did happen, friendship will bring them back.

Good guy. I'm skeptical about Hades being dead. And like I said, just a defeat or something would be nice. I know that probably will never happen, but I think Mashima should just stop pretending to kill people for the sake of drama when it doesn't actually turn out that way.

Zasz
November 23, 2012, 10:53 AM
when did loki develop cat ears?

and it was a good chapter, arcadios pretty much cemented himself as a good guy, it takes alot of courage to do what he did even if the way he was saved is a bit far fetched

So I wasn't the only one who noticed those. XD
He must have developed them recently. LOL

SerpentTailedAngel
November 23, 2012, 11:58 AM
They're just clumps or hair that stick up and get shaded like cat ears, which Mashima has been doing for some time. If you look, you can still see his regular ears too.

Good guy. I'm skeptical about Hades being dead. And like I said, just a defeat or something would be nice. I know that probably will never happen, but I think Mashima should just stop pretending to kill people for the sake of drama when it doesn't actually turn out that way.

Zeref deliberately tried to kill Hades at what he claimed was an uninhibited power, and someone else in the room stated that Hades was dead. I don't see what there is to be skeptical about.

KingOfNight
November 23, 2012, 01:29 PM

As far as i remember, Rustyrose shouted " MASTER HADES" and then Kain said " He's dead" while crying. So I'm gonna say he's dead. About the good guys getting defeated, well this is what i hate, they do get defeated but they magically and friendshiply (and thats not even a word) wake up and win the next round right after their "defeat". This happened when Zancrow defeated Natsu and when Azuma defeated Erza and I'm sure it happened more. And as for good character dying, well, Hiro is gonna have to introduce a villain that can actually kill. Instead he gives us Bluenote who when the Tenrou Tree sealed off Gildarts magic power, what does he do ? Instead of killing him just randomly keep kicking him until he wake up and win.

Morlun
November 23, 2012, 04:37 PM
I just had a very scary random thought. Nichiya becoming Laxus' cat.

*shudders*

Leonsagara
November 23, 2012, 04:51 PM
LOL, that'd be great, just for the comedic value. Erza would have permanent nightmares.

Morlun
November 23, 2012, 04:53 PM
Poor Erza. Poor Laxus.

Lozmaster
November 23, 2012, 05:44 PM
He can ignore fumes and things like that, even falls from long heights, thats fine, but swimming in lava is a no-no. .

I can't tell if you're being ignorant on purpose.

1) I didn't even mention the fumes as the way the lava would kill them. THE HEAT WOULD KILL THEM ALL BEFORE the lack of breathable air would kill them. Like I had to spend that post explaining for you to completely ignore (twice).

2)Swimming in lava is different to being DIRECTLY ABOVE the lava?
Let me quote someone else here.

http://static3.fjcdn.com/comments/Nothing...+Just+an+aneurysm+out+of+sheer+stupidity+_6408a7410cb4b5fcf1019a30b72efbc8.png

Nappa: What's wrong, Vegeta?

Vegeta: Nothing, just an aneurysm out of sheer stupidity.

There is No difference at all. Here is what you don't seem to understand. Lava IS NOT acid. (Yes,i tcan be, but that is true of any liquid,there is no reason to assume it is acidic). The heat is what kills you. Being directly above the lava is 100% exactly as deadly as being in the lava (Because heat travels faster through air than it does solids-liquid compounds that make up magma/lava). Either neither are instantly fatal, or both are.
Despite what films think, you don't get to choose one and not the other. Calling the manga out on your own mistake just makes you look foolish.

Yes, clearly his magic was creating heat because it started to burn lucy/yukinos feet. But it wasn't hot enough to instantly melt them: Therefore, there is absolutely no reason it would melt Arcadius any significant amount faster for standing in it.

No ,talking about physics and science when we're reading a manga is stupid.
My god. If you don't "talk about science" then you have to assume you have NO IDEA what lava is, else you are talking about real world science. Then you have no reason to even vaguely suggest standing in it should be even slightly fatal barring what we've seen in the manga, which shows that it isn't.

zumb1e
November 23, 2012, 07:26 PM
Just saying this but air is a heat insulator, so you are wrong saying that its the same to stand above it and to be IN it.

Sorry for the of topic btw, but it was to hard to see someone say such a wrong thing so full of reason...

SerpentTailedAngel
November 24, 2012, 12:52 AM
Guys! I have an idea.
Lets just say the lava was made by magic and therefore not as hot as real lava. And if it was real then lets say magic resistance or plot armor or something else and all argue over whether or not we're more interested in seeing Mira or Juvia fight, rather than debate how lava should work like people who have never seen lava in TV shows, comics, or video games before.

hoeru
November 24, 2012, 04:29 AM
Just saying this but air is a heat insulator, so you are wrong saying that its the same to stand above it and to be IN it.

There isn't much difference actually, as air isn't that a great heat insulator when it comes to "getting close to lava/magma". In real world, humans need to wear special heat-resistant suits to get close to magma. It's the emitted heat (=thermal radiation as magma GLOWS) already that burns flesh.

But it's great to have such rwpov conversations to pull the "Mashima is a bad author and doesn't kill characters, so Fairy Tail is a bad story!!!" mimimimi up once in a while, as people know it's forbidden to fire back at their favorite manga that don't work any different here in this forum. :rolleyes:

Morlun
November 24, 2012, 05:31 AM
I find it hilarious that in a shounen where the main character eats fire, spits fire, and pretty much just spams fire against everyone that moves and nobody gets a 1st degree burn, people are complaining now about the absense of lava and hot air burning.

If you want to go there, please complain about Gajeel, Jellal and Laxus being alive. Of course, Natsu too.

Oh, and ice and lightning burn too, so...

Uriel
November 24, 2012, 08:47 AM
LOL, still I believe that surviving lava is a bit too much.

Blame Aikanu to lead me believe that magma is stronger than fire (?)

KingOfNight
November 24, 2012, 09:13 AM
I find it hilarious that in a shounen where the main character eats fire, spits fire, and pretty much just spams fire against everyone that moves and nobody gets a 1st degree burn, people are complaining now about the absense of lava and hot air burning.

If you want to go there, please complain about Gajeel, Jellal and Laxus being alive. Of course, Natsu too.

Oh, and ice and lightning burn too, so...

You know, i always thought about that. Why doesn't Natsu's flame burn anyone ? Like really, they said that Fire dragon's flames are far more hotter than standard flame but, i don't see that ! Natsu can melt steel with his body heat but can't burn anyone ?
And strangely enough, Rufus's Karma of the burning land, burned the flesh out of Eve-kun. So...what's going on ?

Razh
November 24, 2012, 09:53 AM
You know, i always thought about that. Why doesn't Natsu's flame burn anyone ? Like really, they said that Fire dragon's flames are far more hotter than standard flame but, i don't see that ! Natsu can melt steel with his body heat but can't burn anyone ?
And strangely enough, Rufus's Karma of the burning land, burned the flesh out of Eve-kun. So...what's going on ?

Geez, you're ruining the manga. -_-;

Obviously, people in FT world, especially mages, seem to have more resistance to elements like fire, wind, ice and shit. They must be something like Barbarian from Diablo 2. If Barbarian from Diablo 2 can increase his resistance while leveling up, I don't see why Gray or Erza couldn't do the same.

That's why Rufus lost. He thought he would pwn Gray with fire, but then he didn't take Gray's fire resistance which he probably increased training with Natsu. I think Gray's fire resistance is at least 50%.

Arcadios has like 99,5% :p

KingOfNight
November 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
Geez, you're ruining the manga. -_-;

Obviously, people in FT world, especially mages, seem to have more resistance to elements like fire, wind, ice and shit. They must be something like Barbarian from Diablo 2. If Barbarian from Diablo 2 can increase his resistance while leveling up, I don't see why Gray or Erza couldn't do the same.

That's why Rufus lost. He thought he would pwn Gray with fire, but then he didn't take Gray's fire resistance which he probably increased training with Natsu. I think Gray's fire resistance is at least 50%.

Arcadios has like 99,5% :p

Tell that to the poor Grimioir Heart mages that got burned to death by Zancrow :teehee

ghostexiled
November 24, 2012, 10:26 AM
Please stop the discussion about how fire, lava and the sorts don't work the way they should.

If it means that much to you to discuss, create a new thread for it.

llamapie
November 24, 2012, 02:06 PM
So we get to see whats unlocked when all 12 keys are together. Oh yay!

Marche
November 25, 2012, 12:53 PM
I really laughed when Makarov said that had thought of a pile of apology letters to write, responding to what the leader of execturos said about the fact that Natsu would repent for his sinner.
For some reason I really liked that that armour knight aim to Natsu head, this just proves that for the first time they encounter opponents that only want to kill them.

After that we see the other battlefield.
At first Lily is in trouble, since he can’t block the acid with his sword, then Mira’s opponents attacks with green paper, that represents poison, and infact from the pieces of papers leak out poison.
While regarding the power of Cosmos just like was already clear after chapter 307, She can summons several type of plants that can do several things, for example it can suck her opponents (that in chapter 308) or make them faint, since the spread out a sleeping agent.
I really like it, since is it true that the plants are used in the pharmaceutical industry because they have several capacity (I know this because my younger brother (in the truth we are twins) graduated in pharmacy some weeks ago, and his thesis was about on the capacity of some plants that are located in the municipality of Monterenzio, a municipality near Bologna, the city where we live in Italy).

Anywyays I believe that for what we saw until now, Arcadias is not a mages, infact that squadron, the “Cherry blossom holy knight squadron” is not made of mages, and Arcadias became the chief because he is physically strong, infact he is really very muscular and he has a lot of resistence.
Arcadias has not really fully convinced me that he is really a good man, but after this chapter for the first time I believe that is more likely than he is a good man than a bad man (60% that he is a good man against 40% that he is a bad man).
Infact I think that for save Lucy and Yukino he was really ready to give up his life for it, even if in the truth there is the possibility that he could fake his death and then appear later, during the opening of the gateway of darkness.
Anyways another thing that make me believes that he is a good man is the fact that he confessed that it was him behind the kidnapping attempt.

Anyways since is a manga I really don’t care that Arcadias survived, even if in the truth his body would melt or at least if he should have died by suffocation, but at least he should be completely burned all over his body, infact Horologium saved him when he was already completely immersed in the lava (except for his hair).
Even even if it was very predictable I hoped that Loki would not come in rescue, because even if this is surely better than the case that they defeated Uosuke only by themselves, even if they could not use any type of magic, I would have preferred that others would came to rescue them, for example Crime Sorciere.
I thought this even because I believed that the keys would have been protected by someone or by something.
But perhaps none guarded them because none could imagine that Loki could open the gate thanks to his free will, and perhaps it’s for that reason that he does not came to rescue Lucy against Flare or Minerva, because otherwise the key would be guarded and Loki could not came to save them now.
Infact at the beginning of the arc I thought that Mercurius palace would have been destroyed because Loki would came back during the opening of the gateway, he would have saved Lucy and at the same time this would have destroyed the gateway of darkness, and this woud have caused the destruction of the royal palace.

I was forgettin to write that since seem that Yukino has not his 13th key with her anymore (she did not offer it to Yukino in chapter 282 and Loki did not give her it in this chapter), there is the possibilities than that key belonged to Sabertooth.
If this is the case there is the possibilities that someone will use it in the tournament, most likely Minerva, if this will be the case I really want to see Kagura’s reaction, particularly if he will know how Sabertooth treated Yukino.

P.S:Even if I wrote a long post I hope that someone will read it and will give me his/her opinions.
P.P.S: I will write about Uosuke's power in my next post, where I will write my prections for the next chapter.
For that same reason I will write even about the fact that Natsu at the end of the chapter destroyed the weapon of the leader of the executors.

EMS
November 25, 2012, 12:58 PM
i'm watting for the fairy tail team in the tournament to fight than natsu vs the executioners, they will be defeat in by 310 0r 311 and nothing for the plot and then we get more info with the princess..

Ifrit
November 27, 2012, 06:15 AM
As much as I hate waiting for a fight with a predictable results. I'm actually waiting for Natsu to kick that guy ass. Also that paper girl with lowest magic I've ever seen thinks Mira should not turn her back on her, well here come the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

-Ken-
November 27, 2012, 01:08 PM
As much as I want to see the tournament as soon as possible, in the long run, when the volume that contains this chapter came out, it's probably going to read better, when I'm reading it as a whole.

Marche
November 27, 2012, 02:26 PM
This is my prediction for the next chapters.
Since my post is long I have split it in two parts and make it under spoiler tag.
First part:At the end of this chapter Natsu is able to break the giant sword of the leader of the executors.
I was sure that this would happened, there is even the possibility that Natsu will melt his sword and will eat the incandescent fragments of it, in a similar way just like he did with Tauro’s ax at the beginning of the manga.
If the leader of the executors will have only that power he will be surely defeated, and not even with much effort (I hoped that at least Natsu would have fight seriously).
But to tell you the truth I would really like if that armour will be like the armour that Bui in Yu Yu Hasakusho had, an armour which does not serve to protect, but on the contrary it is used to suppress the strength of the user.

Anyways the next chapter title (I took that of mangastream and even mangareader) is “The place/country we are in”.
This could refers to the tournament (very unlikely), infact this could refers to the place that the Fairy Tail wizard (but even their opponents) are located
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/305/10http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/305/11, as “B4”, “F8”, “S5”.

But in the truth there is the possibility that it could refers to Uosuke power.
Infact I believe that he can manipulate the ground, the place of the various battlefield.
In this case he chosed to change the battlefield in a territory with lava.
I am not sure if he can transform the battlefield only in that territory (surely that will be the territory that he uses the most, and it’s for that reason that he is not leaving the bones of his enemies, because the bones are melted in the lava), or if he can use other battlefield, for example he could transform the battlefield in mountain, forest, lakes, seas, deserts.
For now I believe he can transform the battlefifeld in different places, not only that of Lava, infact I believe that his magic is called “terrainal effect”, but he can use various form of it, one is that to transform the ground in lava, and another and different is that of the gravity http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/51675459/15 (in a similar way his power is similar to the transformation of Mirajane, Elfman and Lisanna, infact their magic are called respectively Satan Soul, Demon Sould and Animal Soul, but they have different type of transformation, so just like them is magic is called “terrainal effect”, but he can transform the ground/place in differential thing, just like Mira and the others have different transformation).
If this will be the case I believe that in the next chapter while Yukino will summon Pisces and Libra (Libra will annul the gravity effect) Lucy will summon Gemini (perhaps even Loki will attack) and use Uranometria, but If I am right and Uosuke could change the battlefield he will create a mountain or a forest as a shield (if this happened there is the possibility that Lucy will collapse, since she used all her magic power).
Anyways I believe that even if not already in the next chapter, Uosuke at the end will be defeated, and then the group will reach the other battlefield.Second part:
I don’t know if when they will reach the other battlefield the opponents will be already defeated or if they will help in their defeat.
In the truth there is the possibility that some executors will be able to defeat her opponent, or perhaps we will have some draw.
If this will happened I believe that Wendy and Lily will be defeated, while Mira will be able to defeat the opponents, but then perhaps even her could collapse because she will feel the effect of the poison papers.
If this will be the case they will recover Wendy, and while they will defeat their enemies Wendy will heal at the beginning herself, and then even Mira and Lily.

Anyways in the next chapter all the Fairy Tail wizard will counterattack, will not be only in a defensive state, particularly Wendy will be able to evade from Cosmos attack, she will annul the effect of those spore, in a similar way as she did here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/308/13, or perhaps she will only the effect on her, but the spore will remain there.
In the truth what I wrote is only what I hope, infact in the truth I believe that only in one chapter (or at least in two chapter) all the executors will be defeated.
Infact Lily could use his chibi form and avoid the acid (infact it’s more difficult to hit the thing that are small), then he could transform again and defeat the acid guy.
Mira could transform herself in Sitri form (or perhaps even a stronger transformation that she acquired during the training camp, in fact I think this since this page http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/279/19 “as far as I know”) and defeat her opponents in a similar way as she did with Jenny.

In the end the title could refers to some speech of one of Fairy Tail wizard or something new about the country, some other secret regarding Fiore’s kingdom.
P.S: I really hope to know your opinion of what I wrote, particularly about what I wrote about the power of Uosuke, in the first part.

revas
November 29, 2012, 06:26 AM
reading last chapter i had a feeling, that Natsu is going to destroy half a city with his lightning flame roar... which is god damn powerfull.. looking at how Makarov remembered the appologies... there is one more coming - for destroying the capital. Tho i dont expect it to happen next chapter.. maybe next next week or so. i agree with the majority, that Natsu's and co. fights will not last long. And plotwise? they are there, so Natsu can go rampage... or so i wish :(

SerpentTailedAngel
November 29, 2012, 04:12 PM
That could explain how the castle was collapsing in Carla's vision.