PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Your Favorite FOOD? Etc.

Pages : [1] 2

Gold Knight
February 26, 2006, 06:52 PM
This is kinda inspired by shinwei's 'Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce!' thread.

What's your favorite food?

Do you like to cook?

Do you have a special recipe?

Tell us why you like them? And what just makes it so special for you ;)

Galth
February 26, 2006, 07:03 PM
Hehe, Miso looks really happy reading this...

Fav food... i'd say cheese tortellini's or spinach-lasagne ( a la fatherfoods inc :drool )

and i cannot cook ( never ever tried either )

devo
February 26, 2006, 07:06 PM
It's a tie between my Grandmother's Chicken Parmigana and the Spider Roll (fried Soft Shell Crab + Special Spicy Creamy Sauce) of a local Japanese restaurant.

I'm a pretty good cook, but I don't have any recipes to my name. I enjoy making simple meals for my friends and family.

Miso
February 26, 2006, 07:22 PM
:woot

A thread dedicated to foot! :love

My favourite food is definitely Pizza - I just lvoe it :nod

My dad can make wonderful Pizza but he won't tell me the recipe. Well, as slong as he makes the Pizza for me, I don't care. :p
In fact I really can't cook. I live to the idea that I'll learn this as soon as I move out and have to manage on my own.

.....And if you want to read some manga related to food I can recommend "Addicted To Curry" and "Yakitake Japan".....

Mental
February 26, 2006, 07:50 PM
Pe-king duck, with egg fried rice.....extra drool.

Hermie
February 26, 2006, 08:55 PM
My dad's special burgers ^_^ Anything he cooks with minced meat is really great, but the burgers are a class of its own.

Galth
February 26, 2006, 08:58 PM
A thread dedicated to foot! :love

Nope, if you want a thread dedicated to footy, go create one yourself ;) Brilliant typo :)

Predator
February 26, 2006, 10:05 PM
I like Pizza very much, especially the home made rich one. Also the dessert is good, like rice with "putukrējums" in "ķīselis" (sorry forgot the english names for those).

I like cooking very much and I'm good at it. That's it for the second question.

There are few special recipes I know. The best is the "badapankūkas" - "starvation pancakes". They need the special wuffle pan (such with five heart-shaped elements) to make them and it consumes pretty much edible resources.

Gold Knight
February 26, 2006, 11:24 PM
A thread dedicated to foot! :o

Wow, Miso has foot fetish :amazed

XDDD

Btw, pizza is my favorite too. :love

Galth
February 26, 2006, 11:36 PM
Wow, Miso has foot fetish :amazed
(...)
Btw, pizza is my favorite too.  :love

Did you not know yet? Not only foot, but other limbs too! ( why do you think she loves the character Nico Robin so much :p )

Oh, and do you two like american pizza or italian pizze better? ( they're like totally different food imo )

Gold Knight
February 27, 2006, 12:18 AM
Hmm.. I like Papa John's, I like Pizza Hut, I like Digornio's, I like Party Pizza. I guess I'm not very choosy when it comes to pizza. I don't think I've tried Italian pizza.

Galth
February 27, 2006, 09:26 AM
Fact: italian pizze > american pizza ;)

Miso
February 27, 2006, 09:30 AM
:loool
My typo ....:redface

Italian Pizza rulez all the way I must say. (and that was a rhyme...)

Leen
February 27, 2006, 12:42 PM
Do I have to say more? Favourite food : EGG!!!!!

Do I cook? No, but when I go camping, I'll cook myself.

Do I have a secret recipe? Unfortunately, no. However, my mother keeps a secret recipe for cooking chicken soup. It is fantastic and it's the best chicken soup I can ever taste in my whole life, even better than what a 5 stars hotel can offer me.

Pizza rules of course. I have only eaten twice though.

Miso
February 27, 2006, 12:46 PM
Pizza rules of course. I have only eaten twice though.

Huh? :blink
You've only eaten Pizza twice in your whole life?
I didn't know that there's such a thing. I thought Pizza is like McDonald's - it's everywhere.

Leen
February 27, 2006, 03:53 PM
Pizza is not in McDonald. :p At least not here. :crying

I've only eaten twice which is in pizza hut. I went there once with my mother and my brother and has a pizza together. That was like 4 years back. Recently, my friend came back from Australia and we went for pizza again. That's all. It's not that cheap here and not everyone can afford to eat it. It will cause a huge hole in my pocket if I eat it everyday. XD

Galth
February 27, 2006, 04:08 PM
Pizza is not in McDonald. :p At least not here. :crying

She said LIKE mcdonalds, not IN, there's a big difference ;)

And nobody* eats it everyday, that would cost to much ;) but don't you have for example frozen ready-to-eat pizza's in your local supermarket ( or how you say it in english ), just warm them up and shove 'em in thingies :D

Miso
February 27, 2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah...I meant "like McDonald's" because I got the impression that these fast food shops exist everywhere in the world.
And I thought that you can get pizza verywhere, too (but of course not at McDonald's where you only get burger and pommes and stuff.)

Here in Germany there are many pizza delivery services but only for Italian pizza. If you want to have american pizza you can go to the Pizza Hut. But those are only in the bigger cities while pizzerias are everywhere, even in the smallest towns.

Galth
February 27, 2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah...I meant "like McDonald's" because I got the impression that these fast food shops exist everywhere in the world.
And I thought that you can get pizza verywhere, too (but of course not at McDonald's where you only get burger and pommes and stuff.)
Here in Germany there are many pizza delivery services but only for Italian pizza. If you want to have american pizza you can go to the Pizza Hut. But those are only in the bigger cities while pizzerias are everywhere, even in the smallest towns.

Do there exist Domino's Pizza's in your countries? That's even bigger then Pizzahut in ours... ( i've only been to a pizzahut once in my life, and that was in england )

Oh, and in holland there are many pizza-delivering services, but mostly the american variant...

Gold Knight
February 27, 2006, 07:53 PM
Maybe I should make a Pizza thread...

Oh by the way, I've boycotted McDonalds. Hated the way they changed their chicken mcnuggets. OH - though I do LOVE chicken. Forgot to mention that. Chicken nuggets... MmmMMmmmmm.

Galth
February 27, 2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah, i loved those MnNuggets Chicken!! But i've never been to mcdonalds in the past few years... give or take a few nothing-to-do visits while waiting for something/-one... but the thing i miss most from McD is the McRib... with bbq-sauce... grilled meat... XD XD XD why the hell did they ever remove that from the list?! ( though i hear in some other countries they have a McBBQ now? )

Miso
February 27, 2006, 08:17 PM
Do there exist Domino's Pizza's in your countries? That's even bigger then Pizzahut in ours... ( i've only been to a pizzahut once in my life, and that was in england )

Oh, and in holland there are many pizza-delivering services, but mostly the american variant...

I don't know Domino's Pizza. Perhaps there are some of this in bigger towns but I have never heard of that.

And true...the chicken mcnuggets and the McChicken aren't as good as they used to be. :(

asmo
February 27, 2006, 08:20 PM
Concerning pizza: I prefer italian pizza, the one and only. However, I have to admit that those US deep-dish pizzas aren't bad either.

Favourite food.....hhhmmmm.... there are too many favourites to choose one :D
I like different kinds of food from all over the world, but right now I have developed a weakness for the Austrian cuisine. I could kill for a real Wiener Schnitzel :D

@miso: Domino's Pizza is a US-only thing. I saw several of them in D.C. and they make acceptable stuff.

The golden arches changed their chicken mc nuggets? What's different from before?
It's been a while since my last visit :D

Gold Knight
February 27, 2006, 09:23 PM
I also enjoy cottage cheese... a LOT. *Eating some*

(The following is from wikipedia.)

In November 2003, McDonald's switched to using all white meat for McNuggets instead of the traditional combination of white and dark meat. This was heavily promoted as an effort to improve the item's flavor. McDonald's state that they use mechanically recovered breast meat in the production of their McNuggets. A small amount of chicken skin is recovered with the breast meat, where it in contributes flavor and juiciness to the McNugget.

At the same time that they stopped using dark meat, McDonald's announced that they were using less salt in the preparation of the McNuggets. This was recognised as an attempt to make their products healthier. However, the sodium levels listed in McDonald's nutrition facts have actually increased: from 530mg for 6 pieces between 2000–2002, to 670mg for 2003–2005.

asmo
February 27, 2006, 09:48 PM
*thinks of the movie "supersize me" and swears to visit McDonalds never ever again*
But I know I'm weak and my longing for junk-food is stronger :D

Thx for the explanation btw.

Gold Knight
February 27, 2006, 09:57 PM
Yeah, McDonalds wasn't that great a place to go to eat routinely if you're planning to stay healthy and all that. But messing with the mcnuggets did it for me XD

Predator
February 28, 2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah, McDonalds wasn't that great a place to go to eat routinely if you're planning to stay healthy and all that. But messing with the mcnuggets did it for me XD

If there are McD related questions I've the same opinion as GK. I used to be their manager for two friggin months. I noticed one annoying thing - your hands start to smell like the whole production (I think those employees who made the burgers had it even worse). Now I laugh but they (McD) are a little bit pissed (they tought me all the details, but I go the easy way and leave) :amuse

Anyway, no matter how you look at it, pizza is the best modern fast-food in the world. Hotdog follows close to it.
Speaking of pizzerias, I can say that nowadays around my parts most new bistros are pizzerias, pancake restaurants and cafes.

asmo
February 28, 2006, 09:59 PM
I think it's also a matter of culture. Maybe the Chinese would disagree that Pizza is the best fast-food and argue that a noodle-soup is the best thing on earth. Arabs would probably vote for Falafel. Continue the list :D

Having said that I do prefer Pizza over McDonalds food any time :D

Gold Knight
February 28, 2006, 11:44 PM
(Kind of off topic and kind of not - ) where are you from, asmo?

asmo
March 01, 2006, 09:13 AM
(Kind of off topic and kind of not - ) where are you from, asmo?

I'm from Germany, a country overrun with italian pizzerias and turkish kebap-places :D

Gold Knight
March 08, 2006, 12:01 AM
Cool, another German ( that makes three Germans I've met here at MH, I didn't know a single German beforehand :) )

These italian pizzas are starting to sound good...

Anax
March 09, 2006, 07:42 AM
In Greece we have McDonald's and Wendies that I know of, and our own Greek chain, Goody's :amuse
Generally I like none, since a club sandwhich, a Green (burger) and a medium coke is 7.20 euros!! :yelling
Not only they charge insane amounts of money, you need to eat some 50 burgers to feel full =/
We also have KFC and Pizza Hut, but hey, they are overpriced as well... Well, I'll give them all this though: recognition! I once went to a tavern so high in the mountains I thought the village (if one could call it even that) would be empty, but instead it had a bunch of very old people and a kind old lady at the tavern asked if "the kid" (me, then) would rather have coke instead of wine!! :err

Anyway, all these are nice, but as of lately my eating habits have changed... moving away CAN change the way one sees food. For once I hate all that junk food I'm forced to eat when I spend a lot of time outside my house, and trust me I do. What I do love though is cheese related things, like "Kuru cheese pie", a pie with such a ridiculous name that has no meaning I'm aware of. I generally like things with "feta" (Greek white cheese) and feta itself, with olive oil, oregano and an extra olive, along with the bread my father makes... Ok, now I'm making myself REALLY hungry! :darn
As far as "serious" food goes, I love rice, which is another reason for people to say I was Asian in my past life ("he likes swords, wants to learn Japanese, eats rice... ASIAN!"). One of my all time favorites that I have even cooked once (and was generally aplauded by the testing audience) is Rice with Spinach, boiled. I tend to soak in lemon till no other human being except me can eat it :amuse Aside from that my dad's chicken soup with rice, and what we "αυγολέμονο" which translates into "egglemon" just rules the food world! I also like jajiki, but I don't know if it's Turkish or Greek =/ It's yogurt, with garlic, cucumber, olive oil, pepper, salt and a bunch of other things I'm unsure of... Generally it tastes great, though your breath does become smelly after eating it (helps keep vampires at bay though). Oh, man... I don't know how long I'll last doing this :darn Then we have the uber tasty soup they seldom make at the TEI (where we eat at ultra low prices/free twice a day), a kind of soup with mushroom, as tasty as they come, though unfortunately I have no idea as for its ingredients.
Now, let's leave the food aside before I start gnawing on the walls... Anyway, my mother has taught me how to cook 3-4 dishes and also claims I nailed them with the first try (of course even though she didn't do anything she told me what to do every step of the way). To tell you the truth, I don't enjoy cooking alone in an empty kitchen... I only cook when I'm home in Leonidion with my dad and/or mom :amuse Then cooking takes up a whole new meaning! It's just the warm atmosphere, the attention I get, and the commending I always receive. To tell you the truth, I've always liked anything I've cooked myself, so I don't think anyone has ever lied :amuse Once I even made a McDonalds sauce by analysing the taste in my mind (not that you'll see me usually doing such stuff, that's why I said it in the first place). Maybe when I'm married I'll cook when my familiy's home? :eyeroll So far I've made boiled rice with spinach, baked chicken with potates, boiled octοpus with spaggeti, Greek style fresh beans with potates, carrots and tomato juice (I love this one) and umm one or two different rice dishes (mother says rice loves me as much as I love it, since she rarely manages to prevent it from becoming like one solid mass, like mud). Ok, that's enough! :noworry

Tanuki-dono
March 09, 2006, 08:06 AM
Ehehe. Wow. I'm not sure I should even touch this one. I don't eat fast food, generally. Kills me. I'm allergic to the chemicals and preservatives they use. Makes my skin and stomach flare. Most of the time, I do a lot of shopping at organic food markets. *laughs* How's that for lame? I do love rice and chicken though. And all kinds of soups.

Anax
March 09, 2006, 10:01 AM
You aren't lame Erin! Not by a long shot :hug

You know... I wouldn't eat fast food myself (Greek stuff like "Souvlaki" and "Gyros" though pronoucned nothing like you've ever heard it, unless it was a Greek speaking :darn ), but that changed around 10th to 11th grade... that summer I overdid it. Ever since I'm kind of "weak " when it comes to fast food... If I have the same thing twice in a span of a few days (depending on how strong what I'm having is or when was the last time I had it), it's a pain for me... A real pain :darn Still, I haven't been trained in doing all the prework to cooking AND cooking alone AND eating the food alone... That's why I cook on holidays: fully equipped kitchen, warm climate and people to eat with me :amuse

asmo
March 09, 2006, 12:09 PM
@anax:
I love the Greek cuisine :D Went to your country twice and it was great (although a bit hot ;))
There was a nice restaurant in Athens our teacher took us to (and it wasn't frequented by tourists, which is very important :P). They served the biggest steaks I had ever seen.Their "meze" (is that the word?) were great as well.
Well, they had their hands full with serving a whole phalanx of Germans :P

Kusachu
March 09, 2006, 01:15 PM
My favorit food is cheese and many many wonderful things that cheese is a part of XD I am also a fan of many varieties of beef products...and udon noodles. *nods*

Miso
March 09, 2006, 02:15 PM
Most of the time, I do a lot of shopping at organic food markets. *laughs* How's that for lame? I do love rice and chicken though.  And all kinds of soups.

That's not lame! At least you don't eat that nasty unhealthy stuff. And bio products are just better and healthier.

My favorit food is cheese and many many wonderful things that cheese is a part of XD  I am also a fan of many varieties of beef products...and udon noodles.  *nods*

Cheese rocks! :D I also do love cheese - especially baked on a toast or on pizza.

Kusachu
March 09, 2006, 02:22 PM
That's not lame! At least you don't eat that nasty unhealthy stuff. And bio products are just better and healthier.

Cheese rocks! :D I also do love cheese - especially baked on a toast or on pizza.

XD yeah, i used to say that my favorite food was pizza...but then i realized that it wasn't really the pizza, it was the cheese ON the pizza. I eat waaaaaaay to much cheese than can be healthy!! XP i had colby jack and crackers earlier XD Cheese on toast with garlic sprinkle is a little piece of heaven! XD i need to stop talking about cheese before i get hungry again...

Gold Knight
March 10, 2006, 06:35 AM
I like cheese too but I far prefer pepporini pizza to cheese pizza - without the pepporini I just don't like it as much - I don't know if that's weird or not.

I also enjoy the bread crust of some pizza. I've noticed that some people don't finish their pizza slices, but I love to eat it WHOLE if it's good bread. That's some of the reason I enjoy Pizza Hut more than others, though Papa John's is good as well.

walkie
March 11, 2006, 12:57 AM
  I also like jajiki, but I don't know if it's Turkish or Greek =/ It's yogurt, with garlic, cucumber, olive oil, pepper, salt and a bunch of other things I'm unsure of... Generally it tastes great, though your breath does become smelly after eating it (helps keep vampires at bay though). Oh, man...

oohh mmyy god...you like cacik   :eyeroll cacik (it is in turkish, how we write but still missing some turkish letters)....i like that too...i was wondering if anyone understands that my favorite foods, but i just realized that i have a greek friend here :D he can understand or even know some of our/your type of food ;) cacik surely rocks...do you know ayran??  you put water and salt into yogurt and mix it and drink it..it is very good when summer because cuts your thirsty quickly..do you have something like that in greece?

i do not need to tell how much i like kebab....i think greeks are also eats kebab as much as turks?? am i right??

Kusachu
March 11, 2006, 07:10 PM
I like cheese too but I far prefer pepporini pizza to cheese pizza - without the pepporini I just don't like it as much - I don't know if that's weird or not.

I also enjoy the bread crust of some pizza.  I've noticed that some people don't finish their pizza slices, but I love to eat it WHOLE if it's good bread.  That's some of the reason I enjoy Pizza Hut more than others, though Papa John's is good as well.

gah! I LOVE pizza hut!! my favorite part is the crust...well...next to the cheese...XD I like stuffed pizza...and chicago style...mmmm...pizza...*drool*

Tanuki-dono
March 26, 2006, 04:02 AM
On the subject of bread. I love pizza so much, but I might have to give it up for a while. Nooooooo! :box God, I love bread. But I have always been kind of sensitive. And as of late, the doctors think I may have celiac disease, or gluten sensitivity, which is the flattening of the villi in the intestine. Sucks majorly. A duodenal biopsy will tell. And then....I will be banned from regular lovely bread forever! :faint At least I made my first successful bread loaf today. It wasn't all crumbly because I used xanthum gum. :whoo

Tamerlane
March 26, 2006, 05:05 AM
XD yeah, i used to say that my favorite food was pizza...but then i realized that it wasn't really the pizza, it was the cheese ON the pizza. I eat waaaaaaay to much cheese than can be healthy!! XP i had colby jack and crackers earlier XD Cheese on toast with garlic sprinkle is a little piece of heaven! XD i need to stop talking about cheese before i get hungry again...

Weee I love cheese too. That and bread or rice. :amuse

I always have to watch how much cheese and bread that I eat though, else I would end up wider than I am tall. And that would be scary. :s

In general though I like a good tasty turkey sammich or maybe just plain pasta (w/out meat). I can be really picky at times so my choices are rather limited. ^_^;

Gold Knight
March 26, 2006, 09:01 AM
On the subject of bread. I love pizza so much, but I might have to give it up for a while. Nooooooo! :box God, I love bread. But I have always been kind of sensitive. And as of late, the doctors think I may have celiac disease, or gluten sensitivity, which is the flattening of the villi in the intestine. Sucks majorly. A duodenal biopsy will tell. And then....I will be banned from regular lovely bread forever! :faint At least I made my first successful bread loaf today. It wasn't all crumbly because I used xanthum gum. :whoo

Damn, is there no end to your problems with food, Erin? =/

I always have to watch how much cheese and bread that I eat though, else I would end up wider than I am tall. And that would be scary. :s

How tall are you? XD

And I like turkey too :amuse

asmo
March 26, 2006, 10:52 AM
Ramen is one of my favourite foods :D
Not the cup-stuff, though the instant stuff tastes quite good as well. There's a Korean brand cup-ramen (with kimchi-flavour) that is hotter than hell :D

Tamerlane
March 26, 2006, 03:20 PM
How tall are you? XD

And I like turkey too :amuse

I stand at a grand total of 5'0.
So therefore if I were to be as fat as I was tall it would be quite alarming. I imgaine that I would look similiar to a beach ball. Thank goodness I am no where near that though! I really try to watch what I eat and keep myself nice and trim. I even try to be a good girl and run on the elliptical daily. :amuse

Yup turkey is some good stuff. In fact besides chicken it is the only meat that I will eat. I actually I spent a few years a while back completly vegetarian. :s

::ponders::

I also like coconut a lot! And pies > cakes anyday.

=D

Gold Knight
March 28, 2006, 01:03 AM
Awww, no Tamerlaneball games anytime soon? :darn

Hmm, I prefer cakes over pies, it's strange, but I have never really liked any pie that I've ever eaten.

Asmo, never tried ramen... and I actually never heard of it before I started reading Naruto XD

Tamerlane
March 28, 2006, 01:47 AM
Awww, no Tamerlaneball games anytime soon? :darn

Ack! No!

No kicking me around even if I got that huge....I bruise easily. o_o

I suddenly had this image of the girl from Charlie and the Chocolate factory that turned into a huge round blueberry and kind of bounced away. :darn

So who here likes blueberries?

:amuse

Hmm, I prefer cakes over pies, it's strange, but I have never really liked any pie that I've ever eaten.

::gasps::

You have never eaten one pie at all you liked? Not even apple? It is so...yummy. In fact it is kind of a tradition in my family to make homemade pies, crust from scratch and the whole nine yards. If my Mom were to ever catch me using a pie crust that was store bought it would be considered almost sacrilegious. o_o

And to bring this topic all together

Blueberry Pie = tasty!

=D

rodnylee
March 28, 2006, 02:02 AM
i must say... dumplings or miso soup is pretty good, and iron chef china or japan were pretty kikin back in a day

Gold Knight
March 28, 2006, 06:50 AM
You have never eaten one pie at all you liked? Not even apple? It is so...yummy. In fact it is kind of a tradition in my family to make homemade pies, crust from scratch and the whole nine yards. If my Mom were to ever catch me using a pie crust that was store bought it would be considered almost sacrilegious. o_o

And to bring this topic all together

Blueberry Pie = tasty!

=D

Blueberries don't go well with me at all. =/

And just don't care for apple & pumpkin.

Just the way it is with me, I guess.

Tamerlane
March 28, 2006, 04:37 PM
We all have our likes and dislikes. I know that I can not stand to eat fish but I am sure that a lot of people here love it. :amuse

Ramen is one of my favourite foods :D
Not the cup-stuff, though the instant stuff tastes quite good as well. There's a Korean brand cup-ramen (with kimchi-flavour) that is hotter than hell  :D

Ramen is pretty good. I actually was able to try some of the actual instant ramen from Japan but I do not think that I have any of it that is really hot.

Predator
March 28, 2006, 05:03 PM
So who here likes blueberries?

I like them. I hope I'm thinking of the right kind. Are the blueberries we're talking about, small berries, but coloring your tongue when you eat them. If yes, then I like them quite a lot. In summer, if I'm not too lazy, I love to go to the forest and eat them in quantities you could never imagine.

Speaking of dislikes, I don't like cabbage, especially fried. In fact, I don't like anythink similar to it, except cucumbers (they're good in salad).

asmo
March 28, 2006, 06:45 PM
I like blueberries in muffins :D

Gold Knight
March 29, 2006, 01:32 AM
We all have our likes and dislikes. I know that I can not stand to eat fish but I am sure that a lot of people here love it. :amuse

I can't stand fish either. XD

Speaking of dislikes, I don't like cabbage, especially fried. In fact, I don't like anythink similar to it, except cucumbers (they're good in salad).

I like cabbage though, and lettuce, and... I do like salads pretty much. I like Ranch for salad dressing. ( I'm just rambling now, don't mind me... XD )

ashida_kim
March 29, 2006, 07:07 AM
I love hamburgers!!!

from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hamburgers

Word History:

Because the world has eaten countless hamburgers, the origins of the name may be of interest to many. By the middle of the 19th century people in the port city of Hamburg, Germany, enjoyed a form of pounded beef called Hamburg steak. The large numbers of Germans who migrated to North America during this time probably brought the dish and its name along with them. The entrée may have appeared on an American menu as early as 1836, although the first recorded use of Hamburg steak is not found until 1884. The variant form hamburger steak, using the German adjective Hamburger meaning \\\"from Hamburg,\\\" first appears in a Walla Walla, Washington, newspaper in 1889. By 1902 we find the first description of a Hamburg steak close to our conception of the hamburger, namely a recipe calling for ground beef mixed with onion and pepper. By then the hamburger was on its way, to be followedmuch laterby the shortened form burger, used in forming cheeseburger and the names of other variations on the basic burger, as well as on its own.

asmo
April 02, 2006, 04:36 PM
A little update for those who plan to visit Germany for the Soccer World Championship.
Germany's most popular online news portal has put to together a little "Germany Survival Guide" for Soccer-fans around the globe.
This time: German fast-food :p

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,408475,00.html

Take my advice advice and skip the sausages. Instead go straight for the Schnitzel-stuff, especially if you're in Southern Germany :nuts

Arsonist
April 09, 2006, 07:09 PM
PIZZA! It's food for gods! (Ask boffenjl)

The Boff
April 09, 2006, 07:15 PM
dude, dont go telling people about my eating habits. xD

its actually on second place:
1. My mothers cod with potatoes and eggsauce. (she's a cook!)
2. pizza! (i live 10 meters from 2 pizza places and im lazy)
3. macaronies and meatballs. (the only thing i can make and it tastes good)
4. Swedish pancakes (carry the recipe in my wallet.. why? iono)
5. burgers (bought from Lidl)

Gold Knight
April 09, 2006, 07:24 PM
2. pizza! (i live 10 meters from 2 pizza places and im lazy)

Gah, talk about temptation XD

Arsonist
April 09, 2006, 07:35 PM
Me and boffen live in the same town and i'm not kidding when I say that we have like 12 pizza places here so...it's not a matter of pizza or no pizza but where to buy it :grin

The Boff
April 09, 2006, 07:38 PM
dude its not 12 its 18.... dont you know your pizzas? xD
(town=Oskarshamn Population= about 25k)

Gah, talk about temptation XD

no kidding, if I had more money I would be FAT

JanneK
April 10, 2006, 10:31 AM
This is kinda inspired by shinwei's 'Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce!' thread.

Macarony and meatballs!

Do you like to cook?
Even though I suck at it, yes, it's really fun :D

Sadly, no ;(

LadyHatake
July 23, 2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I'm going to try and liven up another dead thread!

Bagels. With either raspberrry or strawberry cream cheese.

Do you like to cook?

Yes! I love cooking. My mom cooks all the time and she is absolutely amazing!

Mom's homemade Potatoes Au Gratin. Meaning: hashed potato, cheese, sourcream, paprika, and some other stuff with butter-soaked cornflakes on top cooked in the oven. MMMMM. soo cheesy and good!

ruby_06
July 24, 2006, 10:02 AM
I'd say chinese and then egyptian food (delicious, but makes u go fat) ,some how lebanese food and then he usual like pizza and McDonald's

Lyra Belaqua
July 24, 2006, 10:13 AM
My favourite food are burrita and lasagne :drool And hotchpotch :drool As spicy as possible :drool

I really suck at cooking, and the only think I can make on my own is a sandwich. Actually that's not even a real sandwich 'cause I don't know how to spread butter on bread :notrust

LadyHatake
July 31, 2006, 09:00 AM
My favourite food are burrita and lasagne :drool And hotchpotch :drool As spicy as possible :drool

I really suck at cooking, and the only think I can make on my own is a sandwich. Actually that's not even a real sandwich 'cause I don't know how to spread butter on bread :notrust

I hate spicy food.

Make sure that the butter is soft enough for you to spread ;)

NeoShweaty
July 31, 2006, 09:02 AM
Meat. The more the better. I seem to have a hunger for it all the time. Beef is my friend... or at least to the rest of my body, the heart excluded.

juUnior
January 02, 2007, 11:32 AM
Dfinitly pizza, no matter from what bur, restaurant, but pizza ^^ The second would be my mom's special eggs with bacon ^^ The third would be fast foods hamburgers (yeah, they are really not healthy from what it looks like, but whetver ;p) xD

DemonDays
January 02, 2007, 02:25 PM
Chow Mein and Chicken Noodles....:drool
Chips and Curry...:drool
Chili Crisps...:drool
Choclolate Minstrels....:drool

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
January 02, 2007, 02:39 PM
Chow Mein and Chicken Noodles....:drool
Chips and Curry...:drool
Chili Crisps...:drool
Choclolate Minstrels....:drool
They all starts with the letter "C".:D
Great choice, DemonDays. :thumbs

DemonDays
January 02, 2007, 03:00 PM
They all starts with the letter "C".:D
Great choice, DemonDays. :thumbs

Haha i didnt even notice!!
And whats weirder is my favourite drink is Coke and Jack Daniels.

Luckas
January 02, 2007, 04:39 PM
1- Ice cream;
2- Chocolate;
3- Many italian dishes;

Tanuki-dono
January 03, 2007, 09:28 PM
Meat. The more the better. I seem to have a hunger for it all the time. Beef is my friend... or at least to the rest of my body, the heart excluded.

I like chicken. I could eat chicken for every meal. Next to that, I like turkey. I'm not fond of beef. But - oh! The best cut of meat ever is a good t-bone steak!

rhapsody blue
January 09, 2007, 06:57 PM

Ummm... I like food in general and can eat almost everything. I have a strong stomach :smile-big. My friends and I joke about how we sometimes dream about food and are surprised that we aren't obese (yet).

Do you like to cook?

Yep yep! Since I have gone to college, I would cook if I want some homemade food and when I'm sick of dorm food.
I get inspired by Food Network and I could watch it 24/7 (if it wasn't for animes and mangas).

Nope. I usually make something and forget the exact measurement of ingredients I used. :darn

worm34
January 09, 2007, 07:36 PM
1. My favorite food has got to be Spaghetti and meatballs.
2. Na, I don't like to cook, I'm too lazy to make food.
3. Well no, but I have my own snack that I give to friends, it's called the super sugary killer sandwich

qwan3356
January 09, 2007, 08:15 PM
My favorite food is also Spaghetti, Shrimp fried rice, sweet and sour chicken,
I love to cook and bake.
don't really have a recipe yet, just a bunch of family recipes.

~Lilium~
January 09, 2007, 10:46 PM
My favorite food are the beef noodle soup from chinese restaurants @ phils. (just never get tired of them)
I like to cook except when forced to. *cough* by parents *cough*
Don't have any recipes.

Xophien
January 11, 2007, 09:47 AM
Japanese Sushi are great, as are italian Carbonara Spaghetti and french Tartiflette :amuse

Do you like to cook?
Only if it doesn't take too long, but since things you cook yourself are always better than things you buy, I like to cook from time to time :amuse

Yes, my own special recipe : the Salmon Barbarian :D Raw salmon cut in dices, fried sesame seeds, you put the salmon and sesame in a big bowl of rice, then add sesame oil and soy sauce. Easy to do and delicious :amuse

ILUVATAR
January 11, 2007, 12:53 PM
hm, favorite food eh? well, almost everything i cook xD what else? if i am not the one to like what i cook with my own hands then none will like it i believe >.>
allthough i have some weird tastes mixing sweet with salty i can create some beautifull and tasty dishes ^_^ hehe

Azurel
January 13, 2007, 04:05 AM
I'm a soupy-noodle-pasta with lots of cheese-lover :)
I also like eating chicken porridge regardless of whether I'm sick XD
Oh yeah,
macaroni and cheese! or macaroni soup ^^

*drools*

I don't really like Mcdonalds.. Maybe KFC or Long John Silver.. But ever since the opening of Banquet island wide, I've stopped eating fast food whenever I go out XD

ichigo83
January 16, 2007, 06:51 PM
I love to cook! :amuse My favorite thing would probably have to be Italian food n general. I pretty much like all kinds of food except Macdonald's and fast food :noworry

clickmon
January 16, 2007, 11:04 PM
I loooooooooove KD Mac&Cheese~~ phos, shark fin soup and honeydew~~~

thegreatest08
February 09, 2007, 06:59 AM
my fav food would be PANCAKES. not the American one but the skinny one, i don't know what country that is. i think it French.

Do you like to cook?
not realy, i can if i want..... i am one of the lazy kind.

i dont think mixing different kinds of stuff is a special receipt.

rhapsody blue
February 09, 2007, 03:17 PM
my fav food would be PANCAKES. not the American one but the skinny one, i don't know what country that is. i think it French.

You mean, crepes (they are French)? They are amazing and you can get them anywhere! I went to Greece and got a nutella-banana crepe. So good :d

bakashijinsan
February 10, 2007, 02:04 AM
My fave food would be depending on the time of the day

Breakfast: Tipa's Hopia (the mongo kind)

Hopia hails from Chinese delicacies and was adopted here in our country. It is a descendant of the Bean Filled Pastry of the Chinese. Tipa's Hopia is a local Hopia producer that makes a variety of Hopia in the Philippines.

Lunch: Sinigang

Sinigang is a local dish in the Philippines that is made from boiled meat seasoned with any kind of souring agent, be it tamarind, unripe mangoes, guava, Kamias or calamansi. Tomatoes, radishes, pepper, eggplant are the common vegetables added to the dish

Mid-afternoon Snack: Turon

It is basically banana wrapped in a wheat wrapper (locally known as lumpia wrapper), deep fried in a large wok along with tons of brown sugar.

Dinner: Left Over Sinigang (need I say more?)

Dessert: Mango Float

Graham crackers layered with all purpose cream and condensed milk and over riped mangoes. Chill in freezer and voila! Instant weight gainer!

Paper
February 17, 2007, 12:07 PM
fav food: pizza (everything on it except for anchovies- i'm allergic to seafood)
cook y/n: yes, i used to work as a kitchen aid and a kitchen porter
special recipe: yep, lamb in red wine- PM me if you want the recipe! :)

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 17, 2007, 03:05 PM
special recipe: yep, lamb in red wine- PM me if you want the recipe! :)
Sounds delicious. why don't you share the recipe with us? you can post them in the Recipes Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13795.0). :D

LadyHatake
February 17, 2007, 05:07 PM
hm, i went to this resturant today called "Cheeburger Cheeburger" and they have killer grilled chicken sandwhiches <3 I had one with ranch dressing and mozerella on it, and it was love <3

Recently i've been eating alot of Laughing Cow. (it's a soft cheese, for those of you who don't know >.>) it's delicious on bread <3

thegreatest08
February 18, 2007, 06:16 AM
i hate these kinda threads, it MAKES ME WANNA EAT!!!

Azurel
February 18, 2007, 06:48 AM
i hate these kinda threads, it MAKES ME WANNA EAT!!!
:rofl

I just finished a bar of crispy & nuts chocolate. It was heavenly! :smile-big

Paper
February 18, 2007, 10:52 AM
Sounds delicious. why don't you share the recipe with us? you can post them in the Recipes Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13795.0). :D

Will do....now if i could just find the file....*searches*

starfall856
February 19, 2007, 08:18 PM
my favorite food is the tacos from taco bell.....

thegreatest08
February 23, 2007, 02:37 AM
:rofl

I just finished a bar of crispy & nuts chocolate. It was heavenly! :smile-big

Your pushing it

Azurel
February 23, 2007, 06:25 AM
Your pushing it
am i? :p I had chocolate fudge ice cream with marshmallow yesterday

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 23, 2007, 09:41 AM
and i ate a whole pizza alone today for lunch. no, not the large one. it was the regular (2-3 person) size. :D

Azurel
February 23, 2007, 11:26 AM
and i ate a whole pizza alone today for lunch. no, not the large one. it was the regular (2-3 person) size. :D
:eek The most I can eat for pizzas are 3 slices. :XD

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 23, 2007, 12:37 PM
:eek The most I can eat for pizzas are 3 slices. :XD
There was only 4 slices. I asked the pizza guy on the phone to make it 4 slices, I cant eat any more than that. :D

starfall856
February 23, 2007, 03:36 PM
randomness...

i like candy too but..
disturbingly i just ate a lollipop shaped like lips....

Athena
February 23, 2007, 03:39 PM
i'm really in the mood for sushi roght now.

Inana from Africa

delapaz13
February 24, 2007, 03:51 AM
My favorite food...as Luffy says is....MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!may it be Human or animal ( just joking)=) =)

Azurel
February 24, 2007, 04:13 AM
There was only 4 slices. I asked the pizza guy on the phone to make it 4 slices, I cant eat any more than that. :D
Even if you made it 4 slices, it's still the same pizza size. So technically you've eaten 6 normal pizza slices.. rite? :p

My favorite food...as Luffy says is....MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!may it be Human or animal would that be raw or cooked? :amuse

delapaz13
February 24, 2007, 04:22 AM
cooked of course!!!!! I don't wanna shorten my life span...

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 24, 2007, 04:27 AM
Even if you made it 4 slices, it's still the same pizza size. So technically you've eaten 6 normal pizza slices.. rite? :p
would that be raw or cooked? :amuse
Yes and it's cooked. :D
What about you, you said you can only eat 3 slices, but you didnt specify on how big those slices are. XD

Azurel
February 24, 2007, 04:41 AM
cooked of course!!!!! I don't wanna shorten my life span...
Hmm.. well technically, the reason why human cook meat is because it tasted better cooked than raw. Our ancestors ate raw meat :p

Yes and it's cooked. :D
What about you, you said you can only eat 3 slices, but you didnt specify on how big those slices are. XD
Normal size slices of course! speaking of pizzas, are there any new york pizza outlets in jakarta? there are about 3 here and I love their pizza :love

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 24, 2007, 04:55 AM
Normal size slices of course! speaking of pizzas, are there any new york pizza outlets in jakarta? there are about 3 here and I love their pizza :love
Hmm... there's only 1 that i know of (and i can afford XD). But there are about 3 italian pizza restaurant here and they all taste pretty good.

delapaz13
February 24, 2007, 08:42 AM
Well i can eat one family size pizza in one sitting...=)

Umbra037
February 24, 2007, 10:28 AM
Wow, I can get 3 slices in maybe. :p

As for me, I have always been partial to steak. Yum!

LadyHatake
February 24, 2007, 07:35 PM
Well i can eat one family size pizza in one sitting...=)

:s I can barely eat one piece :s (well, unless it's a thin crust pizza. Then I can eat two >.>)

I recently fell in love with Chicken Ceaser wraps from Chik-fil-a (american food place). They're delicious <3

delapaz13
February 25, 2007, 09:20 AM
are they like the vegetable and tofu wraps? (with meat instead of tofu with a little veggies) :eyeroll :eyeroll :eyeroll

archrnos
February 26, 2007, 02:34 PM
Oh I hate pizza with onion. I prefer pizza without toppings. The dough only, with tomato puree and cheese and oregano and tabasco. Yummy.

Azurel
February 27, 2007, 08:25 AM
Ah, my favourite pizza has to be Pepperoni Pizza~~ :love :drool

kyubisharingan
February 28, 2007, 03:28 PM
heh heh my fav food would probably be.....curry chicken or OXtail^^(these r jamaican foods)

Paper
March 01, 2007, 04:44 AM
regarding pizza, i like choosing toppings instead of picking a normal one! italian sausage, pepperoni, onions, bell peppers, sun dried tomato, mushrooms, black olives, extra cheese, and spiced meat on a thin crust! i can pack away half of a 20" pizza...a whole one if i haven't had anything for the whole day...

Natan
March 01, 2007, 04:48 AM
Tapioca with chikcen and chesse =)

kisit
March 05, 2007, 10:17 AM
I recently fell in love with Chicken Ceaser wraps from Chik-fil-a (american food place). They're delicious <3

<3 those are soooooo Yummy!!!

I have recently had an obession with cheetos...I really don't know why. :s
Normally my fav's are Bolgoi and Bim Bop (Korean dishs) and who doesn't love pizza! :amuse

sharingan_kakashi
March 06, 2007, 11:27 PM
:s I can barely eat one piece :s (well, unless it's a thin crust pizza. Then I can eat two >.>)

cool, there is a newly opened Chik-fil-a place here where i live, maybe is shud try that :D
my fave food of all time is Kare-kare. if u've never had it, get ur Filipino friend to cook it for u. hehe
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5391/karekare1lbu3.th.jpg (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=karekare1lbu3.jpg)

Paper
March 07, 2007, 12:56 AM
^i could hook you guys up with a recipe... want me to post it in the recipes thread?

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
March 07, 2007, 09:23 AM
Yes, post your recipe in the Recipes Thread, please. :D

baboysai
March 07, 2007, 09:56 AM
I'd have to say -spaghetti- hands down. So if anybody wants to please me, cook me spaghetti.

Speaking of which, cooking spaghetti got me into an "argument". I told a guy friend that he'd have to be gay if he can't cook spaghetti. Upon insisting that he was not gay, he said he'd kiss me. And me, being drunk and all, said "Bring it on..."

haha what happened afterwards can be left to your imagination. Anyway, other than spaghetti, McDonalds Chicken nuggets too- I like. It's my "happy" food.

Paper
March 07, 2007, 10:38 AM
Yes, post your recipe in the Recipes Thread, please. :D

sure thing bossman!

ginousuke
March 10, 2007, 04:08 AM
My favorite food... anything related to chicken :D
and it didn't scared me though bird flu now become an epidemic. well as long as we cook it properly, no need to worry.

I also love Palembang foods. Palembang is a city in Indonesia. Most of their traditional foods are made from mackerel; such as pempek, tekwan, model, and there's also sarikaya. Sooo delicious ^^

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
March 10, 2007, 11:12 AM
Wow, looks like our stomach speaks the same language, gin-kun. :D
I'm not from Palembang, but those food you mention are very very very good! :D

~Lilium~
March 10, 2007, 10:39 PM
My favorite foods are fish and chicken. (anything to do with them!) I also like cooking... though i burnt the bottom of the pan often... :oh

baboysai
March 10, 2007, 10:47 PM
chicken nuggets! Buffalo wings! Tenders! Chicken!

Just as long as it isn't too bony. I had a bad experience with chicken I was traumatized for almost two years not eating chicken.

Emery
March 10, 2007, 10:54 PM
My favorite food is a combination of three things.

Sesame Chicken, Lo Mein Noodles, and Fried Rice. I have to have them all together or I can't fully enjoy them.

Nami
March 11, 2007, 12:56 AM
What is Lo Mein Noodles? Sounds very asian... :)

My Favourite food is pasta, esp. squid ink pasta, & creamy pasta.
And Super Spicy Hot Pot soup! :smile-big

ginousuke
March 11, 2007, 10:26 AM
Lo Mein Noodles? I wonder if it's the same as Lo Mie (Mie = Noodles). I saw that name on several places in my country. It's Chinese food

Wow, looks like our stomach speaks the same language, gin-kun. :D
I'm not from Palembang, but those food you mention are very very very good! :D

Definitely ^^
Sumatera has so many delicious traditional foods. Palembang is my most favorite, followed by Padang. I love spicy foods also :D
I used to live in Palembang, only two years though.

Sai_the_Shaman
March 20, 2007, 02:16 AM
Katsudon is by far my favorite food to eat....no idea why, it just tastes good. I can cook and the thing I cook the most is Niku Jaga (literally meat and potatoes). I could tell you the recipe, but I would have to kill you afterwards..... Actually, I jsut don't like typing out all the instructions due to laziness....(my friend has been trying to get me to teach her how to make it so she can impress other guys lol)

NigG_NamE
March 21, 2007, 04:47 PM
LONG CHICKEN BURGER FROM BURGERKING!
And if not something like that, than a pizza with half a bottle tabasco on it.
Really...cant eat a pizza without tabasco...but couldn't live without pizza...

PaperYomiko
March 27, 2007, 07:15 AM
Pineapple pizza :XD

Also, miso soup with nori and tofu, and spanikopita (spinach and feta pastry thing)

...And, because I have a sweet tooth, dark chocolate, sweet bean paste and mochi, baklava...and ginger ice cream...

ahhh, it's too hard to decide on one, too many choices...

kkeroscenee
June 01, 2007, 10:51 AM
mashed potatoes
any kind of sushi
ceaser salad
coconut shrimp
TACO BELL

woody_green
June 02, 2007, 10:22 AM
In no particular order:

SOUP!
Filipino food, Chinese food, Japanese food, fresh food, food, food, food!!!
vegetables
chicken, fish, beef, pork
CHOCOLATE!!!
cheesecake
pasta, pizza
fruits

Yeah, I'm a pig.

I don't like:
durian
paksiw
lechon baboy (lechon manok is fine)
pork fat (but chicharon is ok)
canned goods & instant noodles (got really tired of them after dorming for almost 6 years)

kashi_n
June 03, 2007, 10:53 AM
Sweets
Sweets
Sweets
Sweets
Sweets
Cheesecakes

Hates:
Sour
Sour
Sour
Sour
Sour
Sour
Fishes

MadDog
June 09, 2007, 01:48 AM
I'm a huge BBQ fan. Ribs, brisket, pulled pork, all that stuff. Also, there's nothing better than lobsters or a clam bake. Now I'm getting hungry...

kadodo
June 09, 2007, 02:43 AM
I never knew of this thread. My favorite food is griot and du riz djonjon. It's haitian food so I wouldn't assume that you guys know it. the griot is like fried chicken or pork with sweet plantains and spicy toppings and the djonjon is like a mushroom rice.

iThePirate
June 12, 2007, 05:42 PM
My favourite food is anything I make, it's always good. :smile-big

Not to modest right? :XD

Lohnt
June 12, 2007, 08:54 PM
My favourite food is anything I make, it's always good. :smile-big

Not to modest right? :XD

I doubt that's 100% true, I mean I agree with you broadly, but even I will admit when something I make tastes badly.

Yondaime-Uzumaki
June 12, 2007, 09:32 PM
You probably dont know it But . . My favorite Foods are Binka and Pondu ya Libondo . . Its just Perfect food! ^^

iThePirate
June 13, 2007, 08:51 AM
I doubt that's 100% true, I mean I agree with you broadly, but even I will admit when something I make tastes badly.

I'm a pro (i.e. I get paid for cooking, I know what tastes good with what, even if I dont like this profession very much I'm still good at it)

MadDog
June 24, 2007, 07:22 PM
I've got to say that Empanadas have to be one of my favorite foods. I just had some beef/onion and some chorizo/potato/cheese. Those things are delicious. Not easy to find good ones where I live either.

For those not familair with Empanadas, they're small, half-moon shaped doughy things filled with different things.

LadyHatake
June 24, 2007, 09:03 PM
mmm, I love caramel-apple empanadas :3 They're more of a dessert. But man, a little bit of cinnamon and sugar in them and they're great <3

MadDog
June 24, 2007, 09:18 PM
Those sound good!

You'd love these dessert bites things I saw at a food show. They're little square cake like chunks that can be fried or baked. They just came out with a cinnamon apple that has an oatmeal type crust and a cream filling. They're fantastic. They also came out with rich chocolate brownie with a cream filling. Either of those served with some vanilla ice cream is delicious.

Edit: They're made by the same company that made the brownie bites for Domino's pizza.

SuzyR
June 25, 2007, 04:18 PM
Shrimp Tempura

yoniekai
June 29, 2007, 01:30 PM
deepfried shrimp tempura with spicy sauce.... *drool*........

geez i like a lot of food. i cant decide on a fave... even instant noodles. high metabolism makes you drool to anything that can be eaten.

bebekhappy
June 29, 2007, 02:13 PM
I also love Palembang foods. Palembang is a city in Indonesia. Most of their traditional foods are made from mackerel; such as pempek, tekwan, model, and there's also sarikaya. Sooo delicious ^^

Owh God...I miss home so much...and don't forget to eat it with the sauce (Cuka/Cuko) :smile-big

Impel Down
June 29, 2007, 06:20 PM
I <3 mexican food, but there are rules:
1. Has to be chicken. I don't roll with anything else
2. No tomatoes.
3. For optimal flavor, it has to be made by someone who's ACTUALLY hispanic. Believe me, I've been to enough places where white guys make my tacos to know how much of a difference it makes.

Azurel
June 30, 2007, 03:05 AM
I realize that I take in a lot of soya bean. :s

soya milk - a glass every morning
sweet beancurd - a bowl once a week
tofu - once a week in my soup
tempeh - once a week for lunch meal

my mum told me when she was pregnant with me, she drank soya bean milk everyday. maybe that's the connection :XD

woody_green
July 01, 2007, 10:28 AM
I love empanadas too, especially when they're from the Ilocos region. Actually I can eat almost anything, not much of a carnivore, but not really a vegetarian either, just a simple omnivore. But if I were to eat only one type of food everyday, I guess it would be soup. Anything goes. From chowder to cream of corn and mushroom to sinigang to miso soup to plain chicken broth, I'll drink them all up.

kadodo
July 03, 2007, 05:10 PM
Shrimp Tempura

Sounds good and that's my first time hearing it too. I'm a big shrimp lover and my sis can make some good shrimps. What exactly is the shrimp tempura.

yoniekai
July 04, 2007, 10:40 AM
fried seafood. fish, shrimp, oc (maybe, sounds good) with vegetables and other stuff, covered with batter, dipped in sauce, usually, in my case, spicy. shrimp tempura is the best tempura. japanese food but it's common in the phils

MadDog
July 04, 2007, 12:22 PM
Nothing beats a clambake...with lobsters, steamers (clams), clam chowder, sausage, corn on the cob and quahogs.

Jafoi
July 04, 2007, 07:36 PM
The best food in the world lasagna :D

Misury
July 05, 2007, 06:45 AM
The best food in the world lasagna :D

It's in my top five ;)

1. Spaghetti
2. Sushi
3. Tortilla
4. Corn Flakes :amuse
5. Lasagna

kadodo
July 05, 2007, 06:44 PM
Lasagna is so damn good. Thanks for the Italian people who came up with it.

I do not have top five because I eat almost anything

woody_green
July 06, 2007, 07:17 AM
I love lasagna too... especially when my mom makes me one.. I feel like I'm Garfield whenever I eat one

Misury
July 06, 2007, 02:49 PM
I feel like I'm Garfield whenever I eat one

:D yeah, me too, but not always.

krazykone12
September 13, 2007, 11:53 AM
Hmm fish and chips :D and especially lasanga

kadodo
September 13, 2007, 11:58 AM
Hmm fish and chips :D and especially lasanga

Hmm chips, I like chips too but I have no eaten it for a while. It seems that everybody is a fan of lasagna. Anybody here likes pizza?

LadyHatake
September 13, 2007, 03:24 PM
I like pizza, but only like REAL Italian pizza. Not crappy stuff :/ And I only like cheese pizza, really >.>

I've gotten really addicted to goat cheese lately <3

~Lilium~
September 14, 2007, 08:07 PM
i like almost any fish. except fish soup~ :(
and almost any kind of cream soup is good too! :XD

iThePirate
September 15, 2007, 09:12 AM
i like almost any fish. except fish soup~ :(
and almost any kind of cream soup is good too! :XD
really? fish soup is usually really good if done properly.. maybe you just havent eaten a proper one eh? :amuse

Nactu
September 17, 2007, 01:51 PM
Some form of Chicken Curry

Yum.. Indian
: P

PaperYomiko
September 18, 2007, 09:38 PM
that sounds pretty good to me ^^ ... I love rice and lentils, and I love yogurt, so why not have them all together? :drool

ChaosCloud
October 16, 2007, 03:13 AM
Noodles and japanese food
Instant noodles , ramen , Udon , Soba , Hot and Spicy Noodle , Wanton Mee especially the Hong Kong Wanton mee And many more cant name all , theres too much

kleomarlo
October 18, 2007, 05:24 AM
Pinoy foods of course:

afritada, kalderetta, adobong manok, lechon baboy, pochero, kare-kare, mechado, bulalo, kinilaw, balbacua, sinigang (all kinds), adidas (chicken intestines), balut, pansit, embutido, bam-i, palabok, pansit molo, lechon paksiw, fish paksiw.

sorry for the terms, they are all in Filipino. :amuse

radical3113
October 26, 2007, 07:55 AM
my favourite food is anything that my body can digest

jim mayniam
October 31, 2007, 09:37 AM
this changes for me all the time because i'm constantly searching for new recipes, but currently its a tie between a medium rare filet mignon (all time fave) and garlic shrimp pasta alfredo.

Punky fish
November 13, 2007, 08:03 AM
Chikeeeen :luv :woo !!!!!!!!

Yume
December 09, 2007, 04:30 PM
Spaghetti Bolognese & chinese/Japanese food http://forum.douces-illusions.net/images/smiles/211.gif

gdupninja
December 09, 2007, 04:34 PM
Chinease food, Mcdonalds, Ice Cream, Pizza, and krispy kreme donuts

Sharma
December 09, 2007, 09:12 PM
Curry.

Favourite food above all, and as spicy as possible, if it's not spicy, it ain't tasty! :D

Also a local dish we do in Middlesbrough called a Parmo, it's nice.

Hollow Kurono
December 16, 2007, 09:11 AM
I have lots of favourite foods.But mine probably is Pizza,probably most of u said the same thing.

Azurel
December 16, 2007, 09:40 AM
Pinoy foods of course:

afritada, kalderetta, adobong manok, lechon baboy, pochero, kare-kare, mechado, bulalo, kinilaw, balbacua, sinigang (all kinds), adidas (chicken intestines), balut, pansit, embutido, bam-i, palabok, pansit molo, lechon paksiw, fish paksiw.

sorry for the terms, they are all in Filipino. :amuse

Balut?! wait till all those in weird food thread hear's this. xD

yoniekai
December 16, 2007, 10:54 AM
wuh???? balut??? ah but some of my favorites are there... puchero (pork stew), sinigang (stew too but sour), palabok (fine noodles with lots of ground meat sauce. no not spaghetti, this one's just ground meat sauce)............. man my cheeks are getting puffy inside. :drool menudo too, not really filipino but very popular here, i could eat these dishes forever and not get enuf.........

godofthesunn
March 01, 2008, 10:45 PM
Doughnuts.. I just bought 50 dollars worth of doughnuts.. I'm an expert.. my favorite would be cake dougnuts though, one bakery in my town has thee most spectacular iced caked doughnuts i've ever tasted .. simply perfection .. additionally krispy creme is good depending on the doughnut

Akasunanosasori
April 05, 2008, 07:34 PM
well for me it's spaghetti and pizza XD

Chloe
April 12, 2008, 11:26 AM
Dude, I love HAM!

weixiaobao
April 23, 2008, 06:52 PM
Right now i am craving sushi... the good kind.. the one you spend like 20 bucks or more for one person meal..

EvilGenious
April 23, 2008, 10:04 PM
mmm...my favorite food is mac and cheese! i love mac and cheese!

admirenkiwi
April 23, 2008, 11:33 PM
my favorite food is spaghetti.
i dont know how to cook :scry

Baron Hugenstein
October 18, 2008, 09:05 PM
Muhahaa,
Even though i tend to eat more vegetables than cooked food(because they are more faster to make than cooked food, just wash them and eat them:D)
I would say my favorite food is Arabic food, the heavy and well cooked ones, and oriental food, such as pad thai, pad sew, Sushi, and Miso Ramen.

jukrat
December 17, 2008, 02:27 PM
adana kebab rules.. is there anyone knows this one

Luciana
December 17, 2008, 10:46 PM
my fav food is gnocchi
i just like it because is the only one i don't eat often xD

Adorien
December 18, 2008, 03:54 AM
Pizza. I don't eat it really often though. The last pizza I ate was with pineapple (my favourite fruit). The combination may sound odd, but it's sooo tasty, try if you haven't.
I also like spaghetti.

Gecko Moria
December 18, 2008, 10:15 PM
Pizza, pie, noodles, lamb chops, sushi. Heaps i guess, im not really a picky eater so anything I dont hate is my favourite :3

Sarvorva
January 05, 2009, 09:54 AM
i like japanese food... and italian food...

~Lilium~
January 06, 2009, 07:36 AM
I have a new favorite! mango pudding with cream! yum yum! :drool

Rasen-Shoe-Riken
January 09, 2009, 05:14 PM
spaghetti

filipino food...never tasted balut...

polaris
January 09, 2009, 05:28 PM
hmm, mine is turkish ravioli, dumplings boiled and covered with yoghurt and some garlic sauce..

Totinona
January 23, 2009, 07:18 PM
My favorite food is Fårikål (we have it like twice a year).:D And then chicken and taco. Homemade pizza too~

As for my cooking skills; They don't really excist.:p

roma
January 24, 2009, 08:12 AM
mexican food like taco, quesadillas, nachos, etc ... :D
cooking? hmmm... i get dizzy just looking at recipes with a long list of ingredients and instructions. :D

goldb
January 30, 2009, 08:59 AM
chinese, kebab, anything from nandos, and indian food! favourite: food from my country(DR CONGO)
cooking skills are pretty much non-existant but i can a make a really good pasta sauce :)

Triple_Platinum
January 31, 2009, 03:51 AM
Chicken curry, cup ramen, chicken kiev, beef steak.

... I need to eat more veggies.

kokoja
February 04, 2009, 09:16 AM
well i cant really decide which one is my favorite dish, but it's definitely Italian ..

and i can cook a lot of stuff (i took cooking classes for 2 years by accident)

weixiaobao
February 05, 2009, 04:46 PM
as of right now.. greasy fried onion rings...

Monte
February 11, 2009, 11:49 PM
Kinder Bueno

weixiaobao
February 12, 2009, 11:58 AM
as of right now completely fried eggs with whatever.

Lil' Froggy
February 12, 2009, 02:33 PM
Meat-meat-meat ^3^

_Strawberry_
February 16, 2009, 06:31 PM
I eat a lot of Pasta.

JustMax
February 23, 2009, 05:23 PM
Sukiyaki

Red Hood
February 24, 2009, 11:02 AM
Pasteles with Rice with Pigeon Peas (Arroz Con Gandules) , White Rice with Meatballs, Lasagna, Spicy Rice with Sausage, White Rice with Corn Beef XD. ohhh.. and who can forget chicken, i love chicken.. :P

candy rain
April 12, 2009, 09:02 PM
i like cooking very much,and i like chinese food ,it looks nice

Weapon_X
April 14, 2009, 07:43 AM
Chicken. :)

JustMax
April 14, 2009, 08:03 AM
Actually I like Yakiniku more... So Yakiniku is by far my favorite food.

vintagemistakes
April 14, 2009, 03:28 PM
shrimp = yum yum yum!

Weapon_X
April 14, 2009, 03:39 PM
What is shrimp? Is it like a squid?

iThePirate
April 14, 2009, 03:50 PM
this thread seems to be the one liner heaven. :amuse

my favourite both in preparing and eating is risotto, REAL risotto.

ive seen some stuff that people have called risotto but it reminded me more of dogfood.

bean
April 14, 2009, 04:04 PM
I'm a man of many tastes, a cultured tongue (in other words I'm fat), so it's impossible for me to say I have a favorite food. I do have favorite foods depending on certain categories. But when it comes down to it, if there's something I like in front of me, that's usually my favorite at the moment and there's nothing better.

Arrogance
June 13, 2009, 09:18 PM
Philly Cheesesteaks, so awesome. And im from New York and Im saying that!!!

Arth
June 13, 2009, 09:28 PM
Mi goreng

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Indomie_%28pack%29.jpg

Not the healthiest of foods, but they are the best thing to have when you have a hangover :D

etineski
June 14, 2009, 08:16 AM
I like cakes a lot.. especially caramel cakes.. I used to eat a lot, but its bad.. makes your triglycerides high... plus diabetes.. but i loveeeeeeee cake!

argetlam87
June 16, 2009, 09:32 AM
Well, I'm Italian...
A Pizza or pasta with a nice sauce... --> *____*

El Autor
June 16, 2009, 08:00 PM
I love Pizza!!!

stelok
June 19, 2009, 12:05 PM
My favorite food is Filipino food...lechon, pork liempo, beef tapa, chicken adobo, bangus, etc.

Yuki_Judai
June 24, 2009, 08:47 PM
hohohoho, i like fried rice, noodle, ramen, and then i love batagor!! I always eat it when i have a break at school. ^^

Nami
June 24, 2009, 09:51 PM
My favourite food now is Mussels soup!!! :D
It's just so delicious, and I love it when it's wine based with cream sauce. Totally rich and yummy!!! Cooking it in the normal wine base is easy, just need some celery, white wine, onions. The most important thing is the mussels must be washed thoroughly clean. You don't want to end up with a funny stomach yeah? :p

vintagemistakes
June 25, 2009, 06:38 PM
Is there anything better than just hanging out with your friends; sitting by a fire and chowing down on some clams, mussels, oysters, shrimp, or whatever, and drinking a couple of beers... ... thats the good life.

misterchaos
August 15, 2009, 11:25 AM
my favourite food is francesinha , a food that was created in porto, portugal very very good actually...

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp354/madog619/francesinha01.jpg

and yeah i like to cook... :p :p

Drmke
August 15, 2009, 11:39 AM
My favorite food is definitely pizza!! But Salisbury steak is a close second. Both I can eat forever.....that's why I only get small amounts at a time....lol

Belisar
August 15, 2009, 12:15 PM
Pelmeni

http://en.lotosco.ru/UserFiles/Image/ELENA/pelmeni.jpg

Pea soup

http://www.foodclub.ru/upload/iblock/986/1.jpg

Wareniki with cherry

http://www.nakormim-spb.ru/uf/Image/vareniki.jpg

Wareniki with potato

http://s60.radikal.ru/i167/0904/2d/41e86602d04f.jpg

Wareniki with junket

http://y.delfi.ua/norm/4920/124170_iiIEIU.jpeg

Rei ~♥
August 18, 2009, 04:37 AM
Pizzas!~

I love different kind of beverages too. :love

WhatWhatinthebutt
August 18, 2009, 05:40 AM
I will try anything edible and have a tendency to try new things, which changes my favorite food.

And I do cook as well, not that great, but enough to impress the ladies.

Bengfleng
August 18, 2009, 10:00 AM
i really love Asian cuisine the most overall, from Sushi to Nasi Goreng. i really love Borscht aswell (Russian)

HellooXD
August 19, 2009, 12:51 AM
my favorite food is piazza :D

eevaleena
August 19, 2009, 08:54 AM
My favorite food? Umm.. that's a bit though ^^; Coz I love everything my mom cooks, weather it's Nasi Lemak, or Nasi Goreng or.. any local cuisine ^^ But I must say I love Satay the most!

Dr.Robotnick
August 29, 2009, 10:48 AM
Ho! I love creps with chocolate and cream and japanese ramen!

Belisar
August 29, 2009, 06:19 PM
Ho! I love creps with chocolate and cream and japanese ramen!
creps with japanese ramen? it's perverse. :blink

Yuki_Judai
August 31, 2009, 12:27 AM
@Dr.Robotnick: Gosh! I never eat that!:blink

Saint Markus
August 31, 2009, 06:19 PM
Fried Chicken. (has nothing to do with the fact that i'm black)

Tesan
September 21, 2009, 03:33 PM
I love Pizza, but Pommes alot too! :D

ikuroi
September 22, 2009, 02:43 AM
I think, Pasta is my favourite, hard to just say one type of pasta though... so Pasta will do.

Siberia
September 22, 2009, 04:24 AM
I like seafood, chinese food, thai food and japanese food!
Dessert: cheesecake, chocolate n mousse cakes

soDeq05
September 24, 2009, 04:02 AM
I love ice-cream and cake!! :sweatbunny

<.Haruka.>
September 24, 2009, 05:12 AM
strawberry, french fries & baked macaroni or lasagna! :)

~Brianma~
September 30, 2009, 06:35 AM
Chicken and Pork all the way.

Anyone here likes Crackling?

pirateninjahunter
September 30, 2009, 11:09 AM
Fried Chicken. (has nothing to do with the fact that i'm black)

How are we supposed to know that you are black? lol
And why do you think that black people usually like fried chicken?

I like mango!

Yoami
October 04, 2009, 01:36 PM
Hello
International food i like spaghetti, Lassagne, pizza and hamburgers...

National, i like posole and enchiladas....

pirateninjahunter
October 07, 2009, 08:06 PM
Besides Mango, I also like japanese food a lot:
Tempura, Sushi, ...

Bugzee
October 09, 2009, 04:40 PM
I'll try any curry!!!! lol

Potatoes, fried rice, milkshakes, SUPERMALT!!!

I like Mango's, strawberries and oranges (i love them too Nami-swaan).

I'll try something new within reason (no dog no cat and other weird stuff like that!)

Anyarel
October 09, 2009, 05:07 PM
I like italian food (pasta, lasagna..), french food (poulet basquaise, boeuf bourguignon, cassoulet..), spanish food (paella!), asian food and other exotic food (couscous, tex mex..)! ^^

Saint Markus
October 13, 2009, 01:08 AM
How are we supposed to know that you are black? lol
And why do you think that black people usually like fried chicken?

I like mango!

true.

and i'm a ninja turtle who loves his peppa-rounin pizza!. hiyah!!.:D

ToxicStream
October 13, 2009, 02:14 AM
Hmm, seafood, spaghetti, chicken, chinese cuisines

Raki
October 18, 2009, 12:33 AM
Seafood, noodles, some Indian food (as long it is not super spicy) and Italian food.

CBlitz
October 18, 2009, 01:02 AM
uhh, I'll have to go with Biryani

Raki
October 18, 2009, 01:26 AM
uhh, I'll have to go with Biryani

This is my most favorite indian food :D

CBlitz
October 18, 2009, 11:26 AM
its pakistani

After_Image
October 18, 2009, 08:29 PM
Chinese, Mexican, and Italian. fettuccini alfredo ftw. :whoo

Bugzee
October 26, 2009, 08:18 PM
Chicken Chow Mein i forgot to add that in my list!

iThePirate
November 01, 2009, 02:43 AM
lets see here fav food, well ill go with the same answer as the last time but with a clarification; anything i make for myself and and that's usually a fusion..

anyways i recommend you lot watch Anthony Bourdains 'No Reservations'. lots of food i wanna try on that show..

dpsoul
November 07, 2009, 10:22 PM
hmm, i have many fave foods :)
i cook: some side dishes, err, soup, steak, noodles, uhm, that's all i think.