PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Gantz

shoked
February 26, 2006, 08:08 PM
well, i want to know how many people have seen this one...

i read it on anime-source.com but aside from that i will need to look for recent links to download it...i havent finish still a long way to go.

Miso
February 26, 2006, 08:31 PM
I have seen some episodes of the anime. It's got a really interesting story, nothing ordinary.
I mean, it's kinda hard on some parts. :p

www.stoptazmo.com as well as http://www.mangadownload.net/manga.php hosts this series perhaps you can have a look at these sites to find the recent chapters.

michael
February 26, 2006, 08:38 PM
I've not seen the Anime.

But I tell you the Manga is fantastic.

shoked
February 26, 2006, 08:46 PM
I have seen some episodes of the anime. It's got a really interesting story, nothing ordinary.
I mean, it's kinda hard on some parts. :p

www.stoptazmo.com as well as http://www.mangadownload.net/manga.php hosts this series perhaps you can have a look at these sites to find the recent chapters.

i almost got fired on my job because i was just downlaiding anime ep 1* (guess it...lol) when it finished and i was hiding from my boss to watch it it start woith....LOL

let it to your imagination.

NinjaMunki
March 09, 2006, 01:32 PM
the first few anime episodes do follow the manga pretty closely. i heard that the rest of them are crap. as of 03/09/06, there are 227 chapters out. for the last few chapters, the mangaka has had a nasty little habit of taking a week off. so recently there's only been 2 chapters each month, as opposed to his old, weekly release schedule.

walkie
March 14, 2006, 10:52 PM
i have read mang up to 224, if i remember right..this manga is surely full of blood, and sometimes some erotic parts in it..i also know some translators who are translating unwillingly because of blood-secenes :) but as general i like that manga, although there are better mangas from gantz, i believe it worths to take a look

i know nothing about anime, by the way

Gold Knight
March 16, 2006, 10:46 PM
I've read the first volume of Gantz, it's pretty different from what I'm used to - pretty sci fi. It's got nice art and I'm curious enough to move on, though I must say I'm glad Kato is there, Kei's a jerk so far. ( I know he'll probably get better as the story goes on but he's a major jerk at this point. )

The nudity is a bit too much in some parts though - I don't have a problem with nudity if it fits in with the story, but here it's pretty obvious it's just for eye candy.

walkie
March 24, 2006, 10:08 PM
The nudity is a bit too much in some parts though - I don't have a problem with nudity if it fits in with the story, but here it's pretty obvious it's just for eye candy.

yes, absolutely...but if you read volume one only, you have seen nothing yet ;)

zetman
April 03, 2006, 04:16 PM
Gantz 229 Raw LQ:

http://rapidshare.de/files/17106788/gantz229.zip.html

Translation by hisshouburaiken here http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=2581

metalanime
April 03, 2006, 04:32 PM
what chapter comes right after the end of the anime?

matriam
April 06, 2006, 05:54 PM
Sorry to say it but the anime made their own ending and do not follow the manga. The first season is pretty accurate but the second season is total nonsens and the ending in the anime is pitiful compared to the work made by the mangaka. There is also a huge diffrence between the dvd and the first tv sent version. I think in the first season alone they added enough material to the dvds to constitute 2 whole episodes so make sure you catch the dvd version.

However my suggestion would be to reread the whole manga to get accurate information if you find the anime intresting.

Rumours has it that the reason he has been so slow in releasing lately is because his assistant quit and he his currently looking for a new one... later on he will pick up his pace to weekly releases again.

siegfried
May 06, 2006, 12:03 PM
Wow I was never expecting this in the begining but I finished all the chapters in a dash(cause I dont like sci fi stories very much).character development of kei kurano is very deep and impressive.I cant stop from wondering what will happen next.first time a book or a manga or anything effected my daily life this much.I feel that I wont be the same person I used to be after reading this.

if you can see through the real story , from all that nudity,gore,blood etc. I beileve that everybody can like this as much as I liked.

ensngre
May 06, 2006, 05:10 PM
Gantz started out great, but I have to agree with the crew at Omanga: the serie turned out in a shitty way. I'm surprised I read to chapter 200 before I quit. Besides, Gantz is more shounen than Seinen, if anything.

jv2k
May 15, 2006, 08:33 PM
Yea the series is great, I just think they do a bit much with the sex scenes(especially Kei's girlfriend she looks so young). I really was surprised, at first it was just a moderatly entertaining but I got hooked.

FHT
July 03, 2006, 08:48 PM
I've seen all the anime and some of the manga, and it's the best!!!

I love at first sight.

DeathcBlood
August 06, 2006, 06:23 PM
The anime was great I loved it I own both seasons

nakor
August 09, 2006, 02:31 AM
hey guys
im just thinking that if Gantz is goign to be moved over here, hows about a heads up regarding it, whats it like, etc and possibly a link to chapters/volumes??

and if its really big, how about doing it via volumes rather than chapters
unfortunately i cant use torrents or mirc so direct downloads rock in my opinion
and if someone wants to zip and up the WHOLE bit upto date thatd rock to :P

destinator
August 09, 2006, 02:35 AM
http://www.stoptazmo.com/gantz/ as always xD

ttxdragon
August 09, 2006, 08:38 AM
or
mangadownload.net
most times they have dl-rate from at least 50 to 300 kB/s

FHT
August 09, 2006, 07:36 PM
The manga is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least, the First Fase...

Yeah, no more manga until November 19th.

The end was very shocking....
KURONO DIES!!
But, I know this isn't the end of him...

Well, see you guys in November XD

NinjaMunki
August 09, 2006, 10:58 PM
Well, I haven't seen any sort of preview related to Gantz yet, but here goes:

Gantz is a sci-fi seinen manga series revolving around the new life of a 15 year-old named Kei Kurono. Kurono is a typical teenager: cynical, selfish and apathetic towards others. He lives his life unsympathetic to those around him until he is called by an old acquaintance to help save a drunken hobo from the subway tracks he had fallen into. Unfortunately, this act of heroism costs Kurono his life. Instead of dying, Kurono is apparently transported to a room with a huge black sphere ostensibly named Gantz. Kurono and others transported to the room by Gantz are then ordered to partake in extremely dangerous missions with highly advanced weaponry and battle suits against alien lifeforms in gory battles usually costing the lives of many of the participants. As Kurono survives the onslaughts of battles against all odds and witnesses the arrival and passings of many Gantz participants, he finds that there are things worth fighting for. But unknown to Kurono lies a web of mysteries and deceit. Rumors of other Gantz teams throughout the world are being whispered on the internet. In the shadows lie a secret organization dedicated to the erradication of Kurono and the others.

Story: 8/10
Gore: 10/10
Nudity: 10/10 (mostly in the first few volumes)
Character Development: 9/10
Art: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10

rykarreolacr
September 23, 2006, 03:20 AM
Wow!!! I just finished reading this manga!!!!! It's absolutely awesome!!!!!!

Luckas
September 23, 2006, 04:07 AM
Wow!!! I just finished reading this manga!!!!! It's absolutely awesome!!!!!!
Welcome to the club.

rykarreolacr
September 23, 2006, 04:15 AM
Thanks. ^^
I watched the anime too, but the last fillerish episodes sucked!!!!

Luckas
September 23, 2006, 04:44 AM
Thanks. ^^
I watched the anime too, but the last fillerish episodes sucked!!!!
The anime was such a delusion, I almost cried. :mad

Kratos
September 23, 2006, 12:24 PM
gantz is a badass kickass manga....

The anime was great I loved it I own both seasons

i start watching the anime but they censored almost every part ..... is there a place where i can get the anime without any censore??

rykarreolacr
September 23, 2006, 12:30 PM
Try aunder.org, uncensored episodes with spanish subs.

Kratos
September 23, 2006, 12:33 PM
tnks you man... you are my hero now

rykarreolacr
September 23, 2006, 12:37 PM
Looks like it's not there anymore... they licensed it in Spain...

Try mcanime.net, check the forum.[br]Posted on: September 23, 2006, 12:36:53 PM_________________________________________________Better yet!!!
Direct downloads:
http://www.mcanime.net/index.php/downloads/animedia.htm

Kratos
September 23, 2006, 12:40 PM
much better but the episodes are not censored right? y para registrarme tengo k pagar?

rykarreolacr
September 23, 2006, 12:44 PM
No, it's for free!!! (i think, if not use megaupload links in the forum)

You just have to register, i think. They are not censored.

Kratos
September 23, 2006, 12:49 PM
nice man thnks again

Luckas
September 23, 2006, 08:18 PM
What did they censored in tha Gantz Anime?

FHT
October 01, 2006, 09:42 PM
'Cause it was too strong to show on the TV.

Lots of people in Japan tried to eliminate the anime since it was too violent and has a lot os swearing. So, the producers decided to low down the content to maintain the anime on TV.

I've read that even the fist channel that was broadcasting Gantz retired the anime because of the people complaining about it, so another channel continued the anime, but with less violence and swearing.

But, the producers made DVDs with all the strong content for the fans and those are the ones you can download in MCAnime. [br]Posted on: 01-October-2006, 09:37:56 PM_________________________________________________Well, alot of things like:

-Swearing
-Strong Violence (mutilation, head explotions, etc)
-Some nudity (like showing breasts)
-Anothers themes

Well, they censored a lot. The manga is much more strong that the anime.

Luckas
October 02, 2006, 02:04 PM
'Cause it was too strong to show on the TV.

Lots of people in Japan tried to eliminate the anime since it was too violent and has a lot os swearing. So, the producers decided to low down the content to maintain the anime on TV.

I've read that even the fist channel that was broadcasting Gantz retired the anime because of the people complaining about it, so another channel continued the anime, but with less violence and swearing.

But, the producers made DVDs with all the strong content for the fans and those are the ones you can download in MCAnime. [br]Posted on: 01-October-2006, 09:37:56 PM_________________________________________________Well, alot of things like:

-Swearing
-Strong Violence (mutilation, head explotions, etc)
-Some nudity (like showing breasts)
-Anothers themes

Well, they censored a lot. The manga is much more strong that the anime.
But didn't they changed the sense of the anime? Or did they?

FHT
October 02, 2006, 08:44 PM
Not not at all. All the scenes appear, but with shadows and other camera angles, but the story is the same between the two vesions.

There are some things that are diferent between the anime & the manga. Some characters and 'side-stories' were added in the anime and doesn't appear in the manga.
Exemple: The umbrella the Katto has when he's killed by the train doesn't exist in the manga, including the story around it (that he's brother needs it and blah, blah, blah)

Luckas
October 03, 2006, 04:00 AM
Thanks, I read the manga, I was only curious about the differences between censored and not censored version of the anime.