PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

thornofcarrion
November 30, 2012, 10:16 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

SerpentTailedAngel
December 07, 2012, 12:51 AM
Epic Minerva/Kagura/Erze 3 way battle looks amazing, but I'm betting the scene with the hooded girl will cut away just as it's showing her moving to pull it down and we'll get a bit more tournament before seeing who she is.

Marche
December 07, 2012, 01:23 AM
The chapter is out http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/311/3.

dark angel KaRamo
December 07, 2012, 01:37 AM
This is what I've been waiting for, for so long but i didn't see a tree way fight between Erza, Kagura and Minerva this is getting so damn sweet come on next chapter!!!!!!!!

Kagura is looking tough to hold her own agents Erza and not even unsheathed her sword yet, but it's to be expected. And nether of them are going all out yet and then that Bitch yes cause i still hate her Minerva just teleported in a slap them down this fight is going to be epic!!!!!!!!!

-Ken-
December 07, 2012, 01:38 AM
Wow, the first prediction is wrong? Hah. Well, that makes things more interesting.

Either way, I love this. I hope Mashima will do this fight right. I truly looks forward to how it will unfold.

Uriel
December 07, 2012, 02:01 AM
I have to say this every time: I love the first <3 You're adorable, Mavis.
Next chapter should be awesome, although the usage of the word Threesomes makes me think that this battle is not the only thing that has 3 elements.

This was a good set-up chapter. A lot happened but the things to come are the real stuff.

adbanginwar
December 07, 2012, 02:14 AM
i vote epic!!!

just about to see the face of the masked woman... arghhhh...

and a three way battle between kagura, erza and minerva will not be short of epic. and to name it three some/sum...thats awesome!!!!

adbanginwar
December 07, 2012, 02:36 AM
T_T mavis don't cry! she looks cute when she does though!!

JunKisaragi
December 07, 2012, 02:57 AM
The "lava fans" must be so disappointed with Mashima's introduction of the Jade Talisman. :teehee

Anyhow, next chapter's going to be EPIC with Erza / Kagura / Minerva's three-way bout.

Also looking forward to Chelia and Juvia's little love rivalry (well, on Chelia's part anyway). Guess this is the other part of next week's chapter title as it read "threesomes". :)

Oooh, almost forgot. I do hope I get to see Minerva being curbstomped in the most demeaning way possible. :)

StarlightBreaker
December 07, 2012, 03:01 AM
Next Chapter "Threesomes" :teehee
Subtlety? What's that?

Anyway, the three-way battle looks like it'll be intense. Can't wait for next week.

On another note, we now know that the Eclipse Plan WILL fail. So, the only questions are who's the hooded figure and how will the plan fail?

Ifrit
December 07, 2012, 03:08 AM
Epic chapter. This battle is just amazing, I hope Mashima doesn't screw things up here. Erzas fights usually have a bad ending....a horrible bad ending.

Is it possible that the princess is a Lava dragon slayer ? , and the jade probably like the scarf Natsu have. Mashima must heard the cries of every1, so he found a way to explain the lava stuff.

The hooded girl finally. Also back to the competitions Mashima go easy on me this is too much cool stuff keep it up.

I think Erza in a little bit disadvantage here, those two have grudge against Erza.

BTW any thought about how many points in that field...15 points. For Mermaid sure Kagura is the leader, as for SABERTOOTH it could be Sting, and for Fairy Tail it could be Erza or Laxus

ghostexiled
December 07, 2012, 03:20 AM
Yo fellow FT'ers!

So I have a question to ask and you can answer by just "LIKING" this post rather than posting comments to answer.

Do you wish the weekly poll to be changed to be more like what the polls are like in the weekly chapter discussion threads for "Naruto" and "Bleach"?

By asking you to vote on the best "moment" from the chapter rather than just ranking it?

On topic... I hope to GOD this 3 way battle blows the pants of these ladies... and us! :cheez

Shadoguardian
December 07, 2012, 03:27 AM
I knew it! I knew we-d get a 3-way between Erza, Minerva and Kagura! This is gonna be sweet! I hope Minerva gets trashed!

Gats
December 07, 2012, 03:30 AM
*Aizen mood*

As I said before, Mavi's calculations would be hindered by Kagura, since she simply doesn't know about her motives and her link with Jellal. She couldn't predict that no matter how good she is.

Nice threesome, considering her main power, Minerva has the edge, her switching magic just fits perfectly in a 1vs2 or 1vs1vs1 situation. I guess that's why she chose to step in despite the fight.

Ifrit
December 07, 2012, 03:47 AM
I knew it! I knew we-d get a 3-way between Erza, Minerva and Kagura! This is gonna be sweet! I hope Minerva gets trashed!

I think it will be Kagura going down first, mostly in cheap way from Minerva with a little bit help from Erza to block an attack headed towards Kagura. Also we might get interference from Sting to help bringing Minerva down, because I don't see him having a fight really.+

I thought she was afraid to fight Kagura, when she said lets avoid those, but this girl jumps between Erza n Kagura she sure has something to offer.

Zasz
December 07, 2012, 04:04 AM
Did I just read right the title of the next chapter? LOL
Anyway we're finally back to the tournament and it seems that we will have a lot of epic battles.
The mexican duel between Erza, Minerva and Kagura was to be expected, unlike Juvia vs Sheila; but in either case I'm sure that FT will win.
Poor Mavis her calculations sometimes are not right, but she still remains the cutest character ever. XD
To conclude, soon we will know the misterious girl's identity; I wonder if she's really the princess or Lucy.

P.S: The lava mistery has been solved; Arcadios wear a freaking protective amulet. :teehee

fairiehearts
December 07, 2012, 04:45 AM
i was thinking it was gonna be a erza vs. kagura match. So much more awesome to get all three in the ring. What I'd wish would happen if they were smart is for kagura and erza to team up against minerva. One because it would just be awesome for those two to team up. and 2 minerva will probs fight dirty. to have a kagura vs erza battle afterward I would see it as more of an honourable match up to samurai warriors fighting til the end.

But that's my opinion.

Anyhow I love how Juvia is only being used as a distraction against chelia lol. No one has confidence in her any more do they =( especially since she botched both her challenges in silly ways. I still love juvia and her forever love triangles.

The next match ups would be Laxus vs. Orga; Gray vs. Lyon; Gajeel vs. Rogue (or Gajeel vs. sting or Gajeel vs. both). I think the major problem would be Jura unless Jura is eliminated by a Sabertooth member hmmm..

gaston42
December 07, 2012, 05:08 AM
Nice to have progression on both fronts in the same chapter.

So it's confirmed that the princess is the one pulling the strings behind the Eclipse project and that Arcadios was not acting. "That person" is very likely to be Zeref (which would explain Arcadios's words when he was introduced).

About the "if this project fails, this country will be destroyed tomorrow", I have the feeling that the "doomsday" was meant to happen even if there was no Eclipse project, and that this project was the only solution found to prevent it from happening.

Impossibility
December 07, 2012, 05:12 AM
Glad to be back at the tournament, I'm excited to see what becomes of this 3way battles. It should be pretty awesome.

kidopitz27
December 07, 2012, 05:15 AM
so the 2 projects are?

1. to appease Zeref like all of the royal line did thousand years ago
2. to kill Zeref?

so either one will happen and the result will be the same? - country destroyed?

i really think that Kagura will lose on this fight and this will be Erza vs Minerva (like when Erza use powerful attack Minerva will just teleport the attack to Kagura hehehehe)

Heriko
December 07, 2012, 05:23 AM
maybe erza and kagura go both against minerva, because for kagura, she is interrupting and for erza, she was expecting minerva and not kagura. so, both against minerva, and kagura gets the finishing blow with 5 point (if minerva is the leader and not sting or someone other) and then it is again a kagura vs erza. Or it is something like Sparrow vs Norrington vs Turner in Pirates of the Carribean. Anyway, i still think they all are the captains of their team. Maybe Jura comes in and oneshots all of them :D but i really don't think so.
Since the next chapters name is ThreesomeS, maybe Gajeel will meet Rogue and Sting or Gray will join Juvia. Or Lyon joins Sherry oO That would be really bad for Juvia.

It was so clear that after seing the hooded girl again, that the szene is cut away....

and for the eclipse plan: maybe zeref thinks acnologia will come back

About the "if this project fails, this country will be destroyed tomorrow", I have the feeling that the "doomsday" was meant to happen even if there was no Eclipse project, and that this project was the only solution found to prevent it from happening.

tobeulp
December 07, 2012, 06:03 AM
I will call it Minerva is a guy because the next chapter is Threesome :teehee... Great chapter this week I hope next chapter be epic because the expectation is too high for the next one no troll please Mashima ^^

bskbob
December 07, 2012, 06:58 AM
lol the titel for the next chapter hiro you perv^^ besides that this is the fight i was waiting for and hoody girl is back dam now we have to wait 2 weeks for the next chapter...

stevens41
December 07, 2012, 07:14 AM
I think that Mavis strategy will work to a point BUT the whole flashback showing the crying girl (can't remember her name) stating that they grossly miscalculated something, is going to play out. It is I think impossible for Mavis to know everything about every player when several of them have not even shown that much in terms of their abilities. Minerva is a wild card at this point, so if Rufus to a point, same with Jura and ESPECIALLY Kagura. We don't know what thier limits are, not even close to knowing. So I think that some of the big players are going to reveal powers or styles that are going to throw Mavis foretelling off.

I think Minerva will face Erza and Kagura at the same time, it will be more like a threesome fight, each player against the other 2. Kagura is most likely going to go for Erza due to the Jeral.

Called it back in October, I guess my predictions are better than Mavis' LOL.

Enjoyed the chapter for the most part. I wonder how Juvia is going to deal with Sheila. Minerva's entry was epic, I expect her to be a monster since her magic is difficult to deal with unless Mavis came up with a strategy.

Giga_Gaia
December 07, 2012, 08:04 AM
Can't wait for Erza to simply beat the crap out of both Minerva and Kagura.

Also, I can't wait to see Gajeel beat both Sting and Rogue like Natsu did.

liductan
December 07, 2012, 08:56 AM
This is awesome!! I have to say, why is juvia only being used for love triangle fights now? It's getting annoying. I want Minerva to go down first because I don't like her. lastly, just when we were about to find out who the mysterious girl is, we switch back to the tournament. I have a feeling we won't find out who the girl is until next year!

Sakuja
December 07, 2012, 09:04 AM
I can't see the ending of this Fight.

Kagura can't lose first or her sidestory is kinda ditched, because i dont see her and Erza have another fight outside of the tournament.

If Minerva loses fast it will be kinda anti-climatic.

Junior
December 07, 2012, 09:20 AM
I will call it Minerva is a guy because the next chapter is Threesome :teehee... Great chapter this week I hope next chapter be epic because the expectation is too high for the next one no troll please Mashima ^^

Psh, she doesn't have to be a guy for it to fit with the title..

Three females is fine with me. I have no complaints what-so-ever...

I will say that Mavis is downright adorable. I think I'm falling for her character a bit.

lionheart555
December 07, 2012, 10:21 AM
"It's okay if it's in a threeway"

Lol. That teaser was just about the highlight of this chapter.

exacta
December 07, 2012, 10:34 AM
Didn't expect a three-way fight, the way Minerva entered was really awesome. It should be a good fight, I wonder how Mashima is going to do this, it seems pretty hectic. I really like Juvia but I don't really care that much for Shelia. She's just a Lamia Scale clone of Wendy, whom I dont care for either.

On another note, we re still having comments about Arcadios surviving from the characters, now apparently he had a magic necklace protecting him? Maybe Mashima himself regrets having him jump in the lava.

SerpentTailedAngel
December 07, 2012, 10:35 AM
Hm. So we didn't actually see the girl starting to pull her hood down before they changed scenes. My prediction was off as well.

Didn't really expect Hisui to be the mastermind, but at this point I'm more curious about the jade then why the country will be destroyed. I could be wrong, but I'm more prone to believe that's some bad future that they''re going to prevent.

Battle predictions... hm... Kagura needs to stick around until her Jellal plot thread gets tied up, so her losing doesn't make much sense. Seeing Erza make short order of Minerva would be the most satisfying anti-climax fight ever, so I'd hope that Minerva gets knocked out fist, but Kagura defeats Erza and sets up a rematch down the road.

Krono
December 07, 2012, 11:20 AM
On another note, we re still having comments about Arcadios surviving from the characters, now apparently he had a magic necklace protecting him? Maybe Mashima himself regrets having him jump in the lava.

Considering that this chapter was probably just about finished at the time that chapter 309 was being printed, I kind of doubt he had regrets so much as he had it planned in advance. If he did have regrets, it was probably right after writing it. Author's aren't exactly immune to writing something, then immediately going "Hmm, I'm going to need a decent explanation for that pretty quickly."

Battle predictions... hm... Kagura needs to stick around until her Jellal plot thread gets tied up, so her losing doesn't make much sense.

Not really. I'm not sure why so many people seem to be going "Kagura can't lose here or her plot thread dies." Kagura's real quarrel is with Jellal. She can lose to Erza here without drawing her sword, have no need of a rematch, then later fight Jellal. Even if Kagura defeats Erza here, it'll do nothing to settle her plot thread, which I doubt will be settled today regardless. It's going to get resolved either evening/night of 7/6, or on 7/7. The events of the tournament won't impact it.

Chris38
December 07, 2012, 11:27 AM
manga stream's version is out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/20748357/1

liductan
December 07, 2012, 11:27 AM
She can lose to Erza here without drawing her sword

No, I hope that doesn't happen, I want to see what her sword is capable of. Other than that, she can lose.

shuha27
December 07, 2012, 11:48 AM
This chapter was amazing! I really hope Kagura and Erza play it smart and team up on Minerva if she gets too powerful for them. The whole plot is moving well. Mashima was able to put in parts of the Eclipse Plan, the hooded girl, and some fights. Can't wait for next week. Hopefully we find out who the girl is and get to see Erza, Minerva, and Kagura continue fighting.

Btw on Mangastream's Facebook page it says that they are missing a page from the chapter.

Kuzumikun
December 07, 2012, 11:57 AM
OMG! This chapter! Haven't had so much excitement in a WHILE! :twitch
Anyways, this chapter started of slow for me until that woman in the hood showed up, and i was like OOHHHH CHILD!
After having a mini heart attack, i find out the Princess is sticking up for someone?! And I don't get the second plan?
Then it's Juvia vs Sheila or whatever her name is! HOPING Juvia wins because Sheila gets on my nerves a little D:
AAAAND, if I didn't pee in my panties enough this EPIC threesome fight happens! GAH! I probably sound more excited then anyone else... it's probably cuz
it's almost all my girl crushes fighting :teehee

El Maco
December 07, 2012, 12:04 PM
Erza will likely try to convince Kagura to team up to defeat Minerva. Then, after they've both taken half-serious damage, they'll fight it out over Jellal.

People: we've been successfully trolled again. First with the amulet against the lava, but then brilliantly linking it with Princess Hisui and Eclipse 2 (!!). Then, by switching to the Erza fight just when everybody was screaming "boring!", and now we're anxious to know what the Princess is up to. Finally, the risk of a predictable fight was removed by Minerva popping out of the sky like some evil blob of ectoplasm. Mavis' powers of analysis were made to look so fantastic that everybody said that's impossible. Turns out it is :verily .

I'm still chuckling over Minerva's appearance. If she weren't so mean, I'd applaud her for it. She always puts on a great show for the audience.

Skyguardian
December 07, 2012, 12:27 PM
Mavis! :zomg
This girls is always so cute when she cries. I wonder if she was like this during her time at Fairy Tail too? XD
Anyway this fight will be gorgeous.
And we're close to know who the hooded girl is.:super

Duniak
December 07, 2012, 01:13 PM
Can't wait for Erza to simply beat the crap out of both Minerva and Kagura.

Also, I can't wait to see Gajeel beat both Sting and Rogue like Natsu did.

Yup, second threesome- Gajeel vs Sting and Rogue. Laxus vs Orga and...?

KingOfNight
December 07, 2012, 01:30 PM
Oh hell yeah !!! Threesome ! :cheez

The one i look up to the most is Kagura-Chan, been waiting for her forever !

Oh and 20 bucks says next chapter will have some serious Fanservice... of which i approve :teehee

I really don't want to see Gajeel beating both Sting & Rouge, it's not epic or funny anymore.

P.S at least it wasn't a friendship amulet, am i right ? :lulzobito

abc1233
December 07, 2012, 01:46 PM
This chapter was amazing! I really hope Kagura and Erza play it smart and team up on Minerva if she gets too powerful for them. The whole plot is moving well. Mashima was able to put in parts of the Eclipse Plan, the hooded girl, and some fights. Can't wait for next week. Hopefully we find out who the girl is and get to see Erza, Minerva, and Kagura continue fighting.

Btw on Mangastream's Facebook page it says that they are missing a page from the chapter.
Highly doubt that would happen. Mavis wouldn't have picked Erza to fight Minerva if she didn't think that she could win on her own, at the very least her chances of beating Minerva are higher than Gray's chances were of beating his opponent, otherwise Mavis would have just sent Laxus to beat Minerva since he's the strongest on the team.

lexx
December 07, 2012, 02:05 PM
My prediction: Either someone's from the future or this dragon-king festival's a regular occurance. The magic games actually have a two-part purpose: leech enough magic from the contestants to power up the Eclipse Time Gate, and draw out the nation's strongest (to send through it). The plan was most likely put in place by someone who can see the future and is trying to forestall it, the future being humanity generally wiped out by Acnologia.

Acnologia appears every 7 years (the 7 year pattern) and wipes out any threats to himself. The timing fits: 7 years before the FT story began, Natsu Gajeel and Wendy were abandoned by their dragon parents, presumably fleeing from Acnologia. 7 years later Acnologia appears and blows away the new threat, Natsu et al. 7 years later, he shows up to the "Dragon King Festival" where an overabundance of magical power & dragonslayer magic in particular is being showcased.

I haven't quite firmed up my ideas concerning Zeref & Lumen Histoire yet. With LH, my feeling is that it's the rip or fracture in time created by Eclipse activating and sending our heroes back 400 years, and with Zeref, my best guess at present is that he and Acnologia exist because of the other; either he created Acnologia or he was created as a counter TO Acnologia.

Morlun
December 07, 2012, 04:09 PM
This chapter was amazing! I really hope Kagura and Erza play it smart and team up on Minerva if she gets too powerful for them.

Too powerful? This is Erza. The other two will have to play it smart so that they aren't trampled. :) Anyway, I like it that an Erza vs. Minerva vs. Kagura three-way fight is going to happen, though with a title like "Threesomes", I'd like it more if this was a hentai manga.

As for the implication that there are going to be more three-way fights... not that excited.

Laxus vs. Orga vs. Jura is probably rushing a Laxus vs. Jura fight that would have been epic if it was stand-alone. Laxus vs. Orga we know how it's going to go. My lightning is stronger that your lightning. Blah blah. Laxus wins.

I hoped Mashima would avoid, a Gajeel vs. Rogue & Sting fight, but it seems we are headed there... and I don't see the point. Either Gajeel curbstomps them like Natsu did, which doesn't really accomplish anything other than fan-service, or Sting manages to have a nakama-power-up and holds his own or even wins, which would be awful for Gajeel.

Juvia vs. Cheila vs. Milliana (throwing the scraps together) is boring. One character I hoped would have an important fight, versus two characters I don't really care about. And Juvia ends up being the only one that didn't fight a Sabertooth.

Which leaves Gray and Lyon as wild-cards... or fighting each other. Which, again, doesn't excite me terribly.

I'd much rather see some unexpected fights. Gajeel vs. Lyon. Laxus vs. Sting and Rogue. Gajeel, Gray and Juvia vs. Jura. I dunno. Mix it up.

Buggy
December 07, 2012, 04:24 PM
Minerva needs to be curb-stomped for a satisfying conclusion. I wouldn't mind Erza losing against Kagura but only if Kagura drew her sword. It seems to be very special.

As much as I'm glad we got back to Daimatou Enbu since I'm much more interested in it, hooded girl appeared and I want to know her story. So, any way is good for me:)

shuha27
December 07, 2012, 04:33 PM
Too powerful? This is Erza. The other two will have to play it smart so that they aren't trampled. :) Anyway, I like it that an Erza vs. Minerva vs. Kagura three-way fight is going to happen, though with a title like "Threesomes", I'd like it more if this was a hentai manga.

I just want to see Minerva gone. I really hope Kagura and Erza whoop her butt. It can be together or alone I don't care I just want to see Minerva beat.

zerocooldx
December 07, 2012, 05:06 PM
I'm guessing that what the princess was talking about might have something to do with what Igneel said about the time drawing near from "them" to take action and that the Dragon King Festival will soon be upon them. I would not be surprised if the events that take place on the 7th day involve Dragons attacking the city or the castle for whatever purpose.

Zehahaha
December 07, 2012, 05:27 PM
So far we got introduced to 4 living dragons, Igneel/Metallicana/Grandine won't kill humans for sure, only Acnologia would do something like this... But it would be a bit repetitive again if Acnologia is the one who's gonna pwn and destroy the city and kill characters too

Kuza
December 07, 2012, 07:20 PM
Still wondering who's the hooded girl and yet it's not even close by epicness to a threesome that awaits us next week! :derp

zerocooldx
December 07, 2012, 10:02 PM
So far we got introduced to 4 living dragons, Igneel/Metallicana/Grandine won't kill humans for sure, only Acnologia would do something like this... But it would be a bit repetitive again if Acnologia is the one who's gonna pwn and destroy the city and kill characters too

Well we know that some number of Dragons will gather at the Dragon King Festival, and since there is only one day left it will occur on the 7th day. And judging from what we've seen with the flashbacks and visions and etc. the kingdom is going to get obliterated and by the looks of it a lot of people will die. I can't think of any one individual or group of individuals who could do all of this with the strongest mages of Fiore gathered there other then Zeref or Dragons. Also i don't think it would be repetitive if Acnologia was behind all of this because he only killed Gilmore Heart members on an isolated island. Destroying an entire city at the heart of Fiore would be much more catastrophic and impactful.

kazerua
December 08, 2012, 12:48 AM
i just hope that this Threesomes will last more than 1 chapter, at least as long as the tag battle in day 4.

Gwyn
December 08, 2012, 01:23 AM
Amazing chapter, I'm hyped up !
It can't just be a 1 chapter it's gotta be a long fight, I hope.
can't wait for Titania to kick some ass.

JunKisaragi
December 08, 2012, 02:58 AM
Hmm...so power-wise, Kagura = Jura?

I think it was last chapter that Mavis still didn't know what to do with Jura. If Mavis wasn't able to include Kagura in her calculations, then she must be that strong as well.

With Minerva though, I bet she'll throw in a few sly attacks at either of them while they attack each other, making them decide to eliminate her first. Oooh...I do hope that happens. Hate is a strong word that still falls short of describing how I feel against Minerva.

If Gajeel were to fight Sting and Rogue, I do hope he'd win. He's had a lot of tough times with fights and I personally want to see him get his "shining moment".

Juvia vs Chelia on the other hand...if it's possible for Juvia to be hurt by wind with her "Water Body" then she'd lose. Otherwise, I guess this is what Mavis meant when she said Juvia's there to "delay" Chelia.

Anyhow, awesome chapter. With all the things to look forward to, it's gonna be a rough wait 'til next week.

Thuwa25
December 08, 2012, 04:31 AM
the three way chick fight will be a good fight as a whole but i think we will not see the whole as something big might happen. And i think the hooded girl might be levy as in some of the manga chapters she leaves pieces of paper and we know levi is the only young writing mage from fairy tail. but i would like to see whats her story in all this.

ghostexiled
December 08, 2012, 05:21 AM
So how we can handle these new polls that seem to be desired for future chapter threads (examples: Bleach and Naruto current chapter threads) is you guys can PM me your thoughts on TOP 5(?) moments from the chapter to place as poll options when the chapters details are released.

If you wish you can start now and I will update the current poll (if possible).

You can PM me your thoughts (which would be faster for me to see) or you can obviously just state what you thought your top moments were in your post...

I already KNOW that the "threesome" is an obvious choice for a poll option. :derp

On topic, what exactly did Minerva do to those 2? Grab their faces and push them over? Over grab their faces and throw them each in the other direction?

abc1233
December 08, 2012, 05:46 AM
Hmm...so power-wise, Kagura = Jura?

I think it was last chapter that Mavis still didn't know what to do with Jura. If Mavis wasn't able to include Kagura in her calculations, then she must be that strong as well.

With Minerva though, I bet she'll throw in a few sly attacks at either of them while they attack each other, making them decide to eliminate her first. Oooh...I do hope that happens. Hate is a strong word that still falls short of describing how I feel against Minerva.

If Gajeel were to fight Sting and Rogue, I do hope he'd win. He's had a lot of tough times with fights and I personally want to see him get his "shining moment".

Juvia vs Chelia on the other hand...if it's possible for Juvia to be hurt by wind with her "Water Body" then she'd lose. Otherwise, I guess this is what Mavis meant when she said Juvia's there to "delay" Chelia.

Anyhow, awesome chapter. With all the things to look forward to, it's gonna be a rough wait 'til next week.

Not necessarily. Mavis didn't know about the whole Kagura/Erza/Jellal situation so she probably didn't think there was a high enough probability for Kagura to randomly attack Erza. Maybe she was intending on Kagura to fight someone else, maybe Laxus or someone from another team like Jura

Edelheld
December 08, 2012, 08:29 AM
I think Milliana will join Jubia vs. Chelia fight to get from Jubia more info on Gerard(and she's the only girl left out of fight).
I doubt there will be another twin dragon fight because straight 2 vs. 1 is not that interesting unless they are to be curbstomped by Laxus and that's even worse.
Rogue will fight Gajeel, Laxus will fight Orga(interesting fact: his name is the same as of the antagonist in Godzilla 2000 movie).
Lyon and Jura are wild cards, they can be in any fight. Sting may have an assignment to deal with one of them to get 5 points. If it's Lyon we might see Grey joining the fight(they'll deflect his laser with ice mirror and stuff).

exacta
December 08, 2012, 11:05 AM
Considering that this chapter was probably just about finished at the time that chapter 309 was being printed, I kind of doubt he had regrets so much as he had it planned in advance. If he did have regrets, it was probably right after writing it. Author's aren't exactly immune to writing something, then immediately going "Hmm, I'm going to need a decent explanation for that pretty quickly."

He probably didn't want to redraw everything. Either that or he planned to have a character survive something so absurd that it would compel other characters to waste panels commenting on it even two chapters later. You figure he would have either mentioned the pendant from the beginning or at least just stopped with the clock spirit....I bet it bugged him a bit as he kept on drawing and threw that pendant explanation in to make it seem less crazy lol. Or he thought it was a good idea....but I think even he the author must see how it was a bit over the top. Quicksand would've been a much better idea lol.

Marche
December 08, 2012, 11:46 AM
In this post I wrote what I think will happened in the next chapters, the battles that we could see.
In the truth I have not wrote about the triangle match between Minerva, Kagura and Erza, and neither what happened to Natsu group and to the princess, I will write about in later.
Anyways:
The next title chapter is “threesomes”.
Actually after reading Mangapanda/mangareader sclanlations I thought that in the next chapter we would see that even in other battlefield we would get a threesome.
I thought this even because (since the english is not my first language) I did not know what means threesomes.
But after reading Mangastream version I believe the chapter would refers to what suggest Minerva here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/20748357/22.

In the truth there is the possibilities that we would get others threesome in other battlefield.
The most likely will be Orga, Luxus and Jura, even if in the truth I don’t like it, I hope that Luxus will defeat Orga before of fighting Jura (in this will happened I would like if Orga will defeat someone before, most likely Milliana).
I would even like if Luxus and Orga will join the force for defeat Jura, even if I believe that Jura would defeat both of them.
Another possibilities would be that between Chellia, Lluvia and one between Sting or most likely Milliana (there is the possibilities that Milliana will ask about Mistgun/Gerard, then there is the possibilities that Milliana will attack her, so Lluva would fight Milliana and Chellia at the same time).
The third but even the one who is the most unlikely will be the battle between Gray, Leon and Sting (since he can eat white things).

Regarding Chelia I was unsure of what could have happened to her.
There was the chance that she would be defeated by Orga.
Infact Orga against her Orga could attack her two time, after the first time Chellia would have healed herself only partially, and with the second she would have lose counsciousness.
This would have hyped Orga, since his attack would have been compared with that of Wendy, with the fact than against Wendy’s attack Chellia was able to heal herself immediately and completely.
Anyways if in the fight between Lluvia and Chellia will not arrive even Milliana there is the possibilities that will arrive in help Gray for Lluvia and Lyon for Chellia, making it a tag team battle.
I don’t know if they will came at the same time or not (if not I bet will arrive first Lyon); or another option is that Lyon and Gray will met and will begin to fight, then if Lluvia will notice it she with an attack could send away Chellia and then fly to Gray (then obviously Chellia will follow her).
Anyways I really would like if there will be a moment of this tag team battle that Lyon and Gray will wear only their panties (or Gray could be completely naked).

Anyways I want this tag team battle because a fight 1 vs 1 between Gray and Lyon will be boring, since we have already seen this, and even if Sting will join and make a threesome the thing will not change that much.
Beside that even if the battle between Chellia and Lluvia would be quite interesting, I want to have this tag team for see the reaction between the four mages, and because I want to see some combo moves, just like that of Sting and Rogue against Natsu.
Infact Chellia’s wind could not only increase the speed of Lyon’s ice but perhaps even of Lyon himself (in a similar way to what Wendy did here http://www.mangareader.net/135-55234-2/fairy-tail/chapter-191.html), but perhaps Chellia’s wind could not only increase the speed of Lyon’s attack but it could even change the trajectory of the attack, using the air currents ascending and descending.
Beside both Lluvia’s water and Chellia’s wind could be used for repell or at least decrease the speed of the enemy’s attack.
In the truth even Lluvia’s water could make Gray’s attack stronger, and beside that it could even make partially decrease the effectiveness of Chellia’s wind, infact she could just create a gaint water sphere just like that of the fourth contest (and in the truth counting than that will be real water the opponents will not be able to breathe freely).
But to tell you the truth what I really hope that Lluvia and Gray will make an Unison Raid in a similar pose than http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/13, infact there is the possibilities that the cover page of some chapters ago (in the truth several chapter ago, the one that I have on my firma) is a indication of this.
The best thing would be if Meldy will make a link between them while they are doing this unison raid.

P.S: Even if I wrote a long post I hope that someone will comment it, even because I spent several hour for wrote it.

amitnaruto
December 08, 2012, 03:58 PM
epic chapter

excitingly erza will win single-handedly there is no need for her to team up
minerva will loose and as for the other lady she'll admit defeat she thinks she's a big shot.

all well as i say go erza go

Uriel
December 08, 2012, 04:26 PM
Hum, interesting. 43 people voted and NO ONE thought it was an average chapter. This arc is surely better than the rest so far.

Zasz
December 08, 2012, 04:58 PM
Hum, interesting. 43 people voted and NO ONE thought it was an average chapter. This arc is surely better than the rest so far.

Well it's an arc in which we have seen, and are seeing, a lot of nice fights and more than that, some nice developments of the story. :)

Morlun
December 08, 2012, 09:18 PM
He probably didn't want to redraw everything. Either that or he planned to have a character survive something so absurd that it would compel other characters to waste panels commenting on it even two chapters later. You figure he would have either mentioned the pendant from the beginning or at least just stopped with the clock spirit....I bet it bugged him a bit as he kept on drawing and threw that pendant explanation in to make it seem less crazy lol. Or he thought it was a good idea....but I think even he the author must see how it was a bit over the top. Quicksand would've been a much better idea lol.

Or maybe he wanted to introduce something like Natsu's scarf, that can save the wearer's life in an extreme situation, and show that every dragon can produce something like that. :)

Sollum
December 09, 2012, 08:02 AM
I am not sure if anyone said this ever before, but...

Minerva... DAT EYEBROW!

I am afraid that Gazellie will get powded by Sting :(

SerpentTailedAngel
December 09, 2012, 05:23 PM
Rogue might be miffed if that happens. Sting's just been saying he has to win. Rogue's the one wandering around wanting another shot at Gajeel.

Jicy
December 09, 2012, 08:25 PM
Nice chapter, Obvious from the start it would go like this though as pretty much assured we will see Laxus end up in a 3 way fight too with Orga and Jura ^^

SerpentTailedAngel
December 09, 2012, 11:08 PM
Why are we assured he'll fight Jura?
They only need to get more points than everyone else, not be the last ones standing. Technically, they could win just avoiding Jura and still pull through while Mashima gets to protect the integrity of the 10 Wizard Saints.

KingOfNight
December 10, 2012, 01:54 AM
They only need to get more points than everyone else, not be the last ones standing. Technically, they could win just avoiding Jura and still pull through while Mashima gets to protect the integrity of the 10 Wizard Saints.

Well, Jura wants to fight Laxus. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297/4) I would really be pissed if he didn't make them fight.

Jicy
December 10, 2012, 08:28 AM

well mostly because of this, http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297/4
Jura will seek laxus for sure and Laxus aim for Orga. I doubt Orga would neither be a big challenge for Laxus or Jura in a direct 1v1.

Also, yes it is like you said, they could just avoid Jura, it is a key part of Mavis strategies i believe but as for now, we know her predictions aren't 100% accurate. Mavis obviously didn't know or didn't took into account the Erza/Jellal/Kagura relationship. Im thinking that at this point all the remaining Fights wont go as planned.
Orga could be a pain if he can eat Laxus lightning like Zancrow did with Natsu flame, on the other hand we didn't see Chelia eating Wendy's wind so i dont know. What im thinking is that a fight will start between Laxus and Orga, Jura will show up but wont try anything cheesy like Minerva, Maybe like just telling Laxus he wants to fight him fair and square, then he take down Orga and after that that they engage into a massive powerhouse showdown.

I may be wrong, it might even be the complete opposite of what im thinking but im really hoping something like that, would be awesome.

SerpentTailedAngel
December 10, 2012, 02:43 PM
Ah. I forgot about Jura showing interest...
I still think I'd prefer he be the last one standing, or at least get taken down in a more 2-on-1 type battle. Maybe Orga and Laxus could focus on him before fighting one another? Orga might feel he has a score to settle from the Pandemonium event.

Morlun
December 10, 2012, 02:50 PM
protect the integrity of the 10 Wizard Saints.

Integrity? Let's see:

1 - Makarov (WS) is KO'd for an entire arc by Aria of Phantom Lord. Later Aria is one-hit-KO'ed by Erza.

2 - Makarov (WS) recovers at the end of the arc, and one-hit-KO's Jose (WS) with Fairy Law.

3 - Jellal (WS) is defeated by Natsu at Tower of Heaven.

4 - Makarov (WS) is defeated by a heart-attack during the Laxus arc.

5 - Jura (WS) is defeated by an explosion and Jellal (WS) is defeated by Zero.

6 - Makarov (WS) annihilated by Hades.

7 - Makarov (WS) is trampled by Acnologia.

The integrity of the Wizard Saints is long gone. :)

SK-Hao
December 10, 2012, 06:03 PM
I dont think this chapter was all that great, nothing happened but setting up for the next chapter which will be great.

We're still no closer to finding out the identity of the masked person; now that Natsu and others have met up with her Mashima wont get back to that until after tournament most likely.

Some Likely fights:
Gajeel vs Rogue (obvious)
Laxus vs Sting (he wants to see if he can beat 2nd gen DS)
Leon vs fatigued Gray (cause he still wants that bet for Juvia)

Morlun
December 10, 2012, 06:19 PM
Some Likely fights:
Gajeel vs Rogue (obvious)
Laxus vs Sting (he wants to see if he can beat 2nd gen DS)
Leon vs Jura or fatigued Gray (cause he still wants that bet for Juvia)

That would be something, considering they are from the same guild. :)

SK-Hao
December 11, 2012, 03:18 AM
That would be something, considering they are from the same guild. :)

doh i meant Juvia not Jura

SerpentTailedAngel
December 12, 2012, 12:08 AM
1 - Makarov (WS) is KO'd for an entire arc by Aria of Phantom Lord. Later Aria is one-hit-KO'ed by Erza.

I could say sneak attack, but I'm gonna be honest and admit that's a fair point.

2 - Makarov (WS) recovers at the end of the arc, and one-hit-KO's Jose (WS) with Fairy Law.

I think one Wizard Saint is allowed to be significantly stronger than another.

With the help of Etherion and a wound Erza gave him while he was both at half power and not taking her seriously.

Because no one over 80 ever has a heart attack and we all know magic makes you live forever.

No real defense for Jura. Jellal did have amnesia and a suicide attempt working against him though.

Who was his mentor and likely would have met saint qualifications were he not a criminal.

And heaven forbid anyone who was already injured be unable to take on a monster that could slaughter hundred of other dragons even before having become one themselves and gone on to level a continent. :-_-

Okay, so there were two valid ones in there, but I wouldn't count Laxus to be at the level of many of those either massive or composite threats. Laxus and Orga calling a short truce I'd be willing to believe, but not just Laxus.

shnugin
December 12, 2012, 01:12 AM
Integrity? Let's see:

The integrity of the Wizard Saints is long gone. :)

You forget how Angel took down Jura with Gemini :^_^

adbanginwar
December 12, 2012, 05:38 AM

wasn't that a sneak attack? gemini copied ichiya and then took out jura if i remember correctly. saint wizard or not; they are not immune to sneak attacks.

Lozmaster
December 13, 2012, 03:33 PM
Okay, so there were two valid ones in there, but I wouldn't count Laxus to be at the level of many of those either massive or composite threats. Laxus and Orga calling a short truce I'd be willing to believe, but not just Laxus.

I'm pretty sure that Laxus and Gildarts are wizard saint level mages, but that aside, the extra notes that Mashima wrote and released with one of the tankabons originally planned Laxus to fight Jura on the first day (instead of Jellal) and have them draw, so I'm certain that it will be a good fight if Laxus does fight Jura now (Which I'm sure he will).

Morlun
December 13, 2012, 05:07 PM

Yeah, I did. I actually don't remember that. :)

It was a half-in-joke post, but seriously now, the Wizard Saints have not been that relevant. When they have, it was because a), they were the main antagonist and ended up defeated (Jose, Jellal), or b), because it was the Fairy Tail master kicking ass and taking names (whenever Natsu was not supposed to save the day).

Fairy Tail trumps Wizard Saints every day, because of plot. For the same reason Natsu will beat everyone, Fairy Tail will beat everyone Natsu doesn't beat. :)

Granted, there are exceptions to the "protagonists win" rule, and Jura may be one of those, but... I think Laxus will win. :)

SerpentTailedAngel
December 13, 2012, 06:24 PM
Mmf. He probably will because of plot. I'm just hoping that Mashima will come up with a justification beyond that.

Morlun
December 13, 2012, 07:08 PM
Laxus needs no justification to kick ass. :)

ghostexiled
December 13, 2012, 08:34 PM
Remember that if you wish for a new poll (i.e. Bleach and Naruto) then PM your top 5 moments of the chapter when it is released.

llamapie
December 13, 2012, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I did. I actually don't remember that. :)

It was a half-in-joke post, but seriously now, the Wizard Saints have not been that relevant. When they have, it was because a), they were the main antagonist and ended up defeated (Jose, Jellal), or b), because it was the Fairy Tail master kicking ass and taking names (whenever Natsu was not supposed to save the day).

Fairy Tail trumps Wizard Saints every day, because of plot. For the same reason Natsu will beat everyone, Fairy Tail will beat everyone Natsu doesn't beat. :)

Granted, there are exceptions to the "protagonists win" rule, and Jura may be one of those, but... I think Laxus will win. :)

"Because of plot..." Is the same as saying a gun shoots bullets because its loaded.

I mean, the plot is the story. Its Mashima's story. This isn't some recollection of past events. So if Mashima says Natsu trumps everyone with bro-fist attack he will do so and its canon. There are plot elements I dislike in some mangas. IE Kubo (Bleach) finds it necissary to troll everything and take 10 years to explain even the smallest details. But I can't complain about the aspect of this manga that makes FT win all the time. Mashima has established feelings as truly the most powerful form of magic, and FT has no shortage of it.

If I were to complain about anything its how Natsu always manages to get power ups at the exact right time. But then again its a manga rule, especially in shonens, that reality is like an RPG. As you level up so does your opponent. When if you take this realistically Natsu would have run into someone who could have killed him instantly long ago - but they're always not quite enough. :P I would say my point is best illustrated in DBZ with power levels.

BanishingSorrow
December 13, 2012, 11:45 PM
Fairy Tail Chapter 312 will come out tomorrow?

I'm asking because of the Doble Issue containing Chapter 311.

KingOfNight
December 14, 2012, 12:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that Laxus and Gildarts are wizard saint level mages, but that aside, the extra notes that Mashima wrote and released with one of the tankabons originally planned Laxus to fight Jura on the first day (instead of Jellal) and have them draw, so I'm certain that it will be a good fight if Laxus does fight Jura now (Which I'm sure he will).

Dude, that is awesome !

Where did you read that ? :zomg

justf0rnow
December 14, 2012, 12:53 AM
Fairy Tail Chapter 312 will come out tomorrow?

I'm asking because of the Doble Issue containing Chapter 311.

Oh god, i thought the chapter will come out today. Please, no break during these 3some fights...

And yeah, laxus needs to kick jura's ass and that annoying orga.

adbanginwar
December 14, 2012, 02:24 AM
if laxus fights orga..i think laxus will win without sweat but if laxus fights jura it would be very amazing and close fight. on elemental level lighting cancels earth or earth is immune to lighting.

justf0rnow
December 14, 2012, 02:29 AM
if laxus fights orga..i think laxus will win without sweat but if laxus fights jura it would be very amazing and close fight. on elemental level lighting cancels earth or earth is immune to lighting.

But... Pokemon taught me, earth beats lightning while earth is weak against water, so maybe juvia to the rescue!

adbanginwar
December 14, 2012, 02:32 AM
But... Pokemon taught me, earth beats lightning while earth is weak against water, so maybe juvia to the rescue!

naruto teaches earth is weak against lighting! its upto manga writer.

Kuza
December 14, 2012, 03:32 AM
I think common sense and physics both hint that earth element is superior to lightning due to grounding mechanichs, though Laxus is able to use some serious "tai jutsu" :derp

adbanginwar
December 14, 2012, 03:44 AM
well thats fair and all but this is manga world; if common sense and physics were really to start working, none of the magic and heroes we see would be possible. DBZ, naruto, Bleach, FMA, FT, etc

Morlun
December 14, 2012, 03:52 AM
"Because of plot..." Is the same as saying a gun shoots bullets because its loaded.

I mean, the plot is the story. Its Mashima's story. This isn't some recollection of past events. So if Mashima says Natsu trumps everyone with bro-fist attack he will do so and its canon. There are plot elements I dislike in some mangas. IE Kubo (Bleach) finds it necissary to troll everything and take 10 years to explain even the smallest details. But I can't complain about the aspect of this manga that makes FT win all the time. Mashima has established feelings as truly the most powerful form of magic, and FT has no shortage of it.

If I were to complain about anything its how Natsu always manages to get power ups at the exact right time. But then again its a manga rule, especially in shonens, that reality is like an RPG. As you level up so does your opponent. When if you take this realistically Natsu would have run into someone who could have killed him instantly long ago - but they're always not quite enough. :P I would say my point is best illustrated in DBZ with power levels.

Hey, I'm not complaining, just saying. :)

I like FT, and I get my kicks out of seeing them beating the crap out of people. And if there's a fight, I'll put my money on FT rather than any Wizard Saint 10 times out of 10. Because it really doesn't matter how strong Mashima says they are, in the end, Fairy Tail wins. Otherwise this manga would be called Oracion Seis, Grimoire Heart, Phantom Lord, or something. :)

Ifrit
December 14, 2012, 03:53 AM
I liked Jura since he was first introduced, but Juras only advantage over Laxus is his intelligence.

When you talk about strength Laxus is as good as Jura or ever more. His power was recognized by some1 like Makarov in the early chapters, there is no doubt that if some1 will put a good fight or even make it through here against Jura it's Laxus

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7223-10/fairy-tail/chapter-108.html

and on a scale of 1 to 10 Jura is the weakest of the 10 Wizard Saints, weaker than Jose which got 1 hit KO'ed by a skill Laxus also can use. Will be useless in a friendly fight, but if some1 can cast a skill this big, and use a skill with the range of Hall of Thunder and still go 2 on 1 fight with Gajeel n Natsu and give em a hard time.

Yes he is waaaaay stronger in strength than Jura

XxKaylaMareexX
December 14, 2012, 06:47 AM
I liked this chapter :^_^ I was kinda happy with the whole Erza.vs.Kagura.vs.Minerva, I wanted to see a Erza.vs.Kagura as well as a Erza.vs.Minerva so I sort of got my wish, right?? But because he is doing a threesome... :L (Seriously, couldn't come up with a better name??) I hope some thing like this'll happen; Erza and Kagura team up and kick Minerva's ass and then they'll fight but then it'll end up a tie due to exhaustion, I reckon that'll be good. ^_^
Though I bet you for the next chapter it will be focused on the fight or another one will be brought in and we wont find out who that hooded figure is. I want to know who she is but Mashima might skip that scene and wait probably another five or so chapters later. -.-' I hope he doesn't, but I bet we wont find out who she is in the next chapter. :gwah

llamapie
December 14, 2012, 11:21 AM
I liked Jura since he was first introduced, but Juras only advantage over Laxus is his intelligence.

When you talk about strength Laxus is as good as Jura or ever more. His power was recognized by some1 like Makarov in the early chapters, there is no doubt that if some1 will put a good fight or even make it through here against Jura it's Laxus

http://www.mangareader.net/135-7223-10/fairy-tail/chapter-108.html

and on a scale of 1 to 10 Jura is the weakest of the 10 Wizard Saints, weaker than Jose which got 1 hit KO'ed by a skill Laxus also can use. Will be useless in a friendly fight, but if some1 can cast a skill this big, and use a skill with the range of Hall of Thunder and still go 2 on 1 fight with Gajeel n Natsu and give em a hard time.

Yes he is waaaaay stronger in strength than Jura

Not convinced of that yet. Have we really seen Jura in a serious fight yet? Fairy Justice is useless against people you consider friendly. And hall of thunder took a lot of preparation, it wasn't just some spell.

Ifrit
December 14, 2012, 11:43 AM
Not convinced of that yet. Have we really seen Jura in a serious fight yet? Fairy Justice is useless against people you consider friendly. And hall of thunder took a lot of preparation, it wasn't just some spell.

What ???????????

No, that was Freed rune magics. Laxus activated hall of thunder the second the hostages was free, so where did you get it from it took a lot of time ???

and what more of a serious fight you need more, than Jura kicking Brain ass without breaking a sweat ?

KingOfNight
December 14, 2012, 12:40 PM
What ???????????

No, that was Freed rune magics. Laxus activated hall of thunder the second the hostages was free, so where did you get it from it took a lot of time ???

and what more of a serious fight you need more, than Jura kicking Brain ass without breaking a sweat ?

I don't see Laxus (who is my favorite character) being WAAAAAY stronger than Jura. I consider them equals (maybe Jura slightly stronger), because if you look at the facts. Jura is considered more powerful than Laxus by Mavis, and even Laxus himself said that Jellal was unlucky to get stuck fighting Jura.

Krono
December 14, 2012, 02:13 PM
Laxus activated hall of thunder the second the hostages was free, so where did you get it from it took a lot of time ???

Unless Laxus has "Lacrima Make" as a "miscellaneous magic", he has to have purchased the lacrima he used for it beforehand. And unless he's an idiot, they'll be able to keep floating by themselves, and he'll have charged them well beforehand. Thus when it comes time to use it, he just had to haul it out of whatever storage he had it in and arm it.

So in other words, it's not the sort of thing he can use without prior preparation, and there's no guarantee he (at least at the time he used it) can charge it on the fly and still have power to fight.

Ifrit
December 14, 2012, 04:52 PM
Unless Laxus has "Lacrima Make" as a "miscellaneous magic", he has to have purchased the lacrima he used for it beforehand. And unless he's an idiot, they'll be able to keep floating by themselves, and he'll have charged them well beforehand. Thus when it comes time to use it, he just had to haul it out of whatever storage he had it in and arm it.

So in other words, it's not the sort of thing he can use without prior preparation, and there's no guarantee he (at least at the time he used it) can charge it on the fly and still have power to fight.

meh, don't just assume stuff. All I said was simply shown in Manga, if you wanna assume this n that each one can have his own scenario. Go back read the chapters where Laxus was watching the count down, because in his heart he want to stop it before it triggers. Does it sounds like something he bought, your theory is very funny since its a Thunder skill, and that is Laxus element.

Those floating things were living lachrima if I recall right, and he already has a Lachrima inside of him. I don't think he bought anything here.

Regarding what Mavis thinks....mmm...well...so ? Who elected her Mrs. I know everything ?

She thought Gray would have no chance against Rufu, and holy Crap Rufu didn't last half a chapter with Gray. And Gray won fair n square without any emotions crap like she said, he simply used his head.

His fight will probably be much better than the coming Erza fight, because all I can think of is Minereva n Kagura to be trolled like Azuma.

llamapie
December 14, 2012, 05:25 PM
What ???????????

As I understood it was simply hundreds of lightning lachrima. My point is he can't just pull it out of his ass.

KingOfNight
December 15, 2012, 02:38 AM
Just thought I'd note this...but, the King of Fiore sound just like Mato (Pumpkin dude) in the anime. So they maybe the same after all ?

Krono
December 15, 2012, 02:42 AM
meh, don't just assume stuff. All I said was simply shown in Manga, if you wanna assume this n that each one can have his own scenario. Go back read the chapters where Laxus was watching the count down, because in his heart he want to stop it before it triggers. Does it sounds like something he bought, your theory is very funny since its a Thunder skill, and that is Laxus element.

Those floating things were living lachrima if I recall right, and he already has a Lachrima inside of him. I don't think he bought anything here.

You don't recall right. Lacrima is just crystal that stores magic. It's no more alive than the Lacrima bombs mentioned here (http://www.mangapanda.com/135-7166-7/fairy-tail/chapter-51.html). Or the lacrima that Jellal made the Tower of Paradise out of, or the core of the Jupiter cannon for that matter. Where you're getting the "living" part is that it had living link magic cast onto it to reflect damage on to it's attacker.

The crystals themselves were non-living physical objects, much like Erza's armor. As such they'll either have to be made or bought beforehand like Erza's armor, or made on the spot with the appropriate Maker magic like Ice Make or Wood make. Since he has to buy the lacrima to store his magic for the spell, he'd be foolish not to buy ones that can levitate on their own with only placement needed on his part. Since he was attempt to conserve magic for a possible confrontation with Makarov, and intended to use the Thunder Palace as a back up, it would be stupid of him not to charge the lacrima ahead of time.

All the power stored in the lacrima still comes from him, it's just a spell that requires gathering material ahead of time, and for maximum effect is charged ahead of time.

Leonsagara
December 15, 2012, 06:54 PM
The only special thing about the lacrima from the hall of thunder was the feedback spell placed on them that damaged whoever destroyed one.

Morlun
December 16, 2012, 03:57 AM
And that they were 400 floating lacrima charged with lightning. That's also a bit special. :)

Ifrit
December 16, 2012, 08:12 AM
And that they were 100 floating lacrima charged with lightning. That's also a bit special. :)

mmm, 100 ? I don't think so. I believe Erza by her self took 200 at once.

Edelheld
December 16, 2012, 11:16 AM
and on a scale of 1 to 10 Jura is the weakest of the 10 Wizard Saints, weaker than Jose
One of Jura's powers is modesty. I'm sure he used that ability when he talked about being "the weakest of the 10 Wizard Saints" =)

Morlun
December 16, 2012, 11:23 AM
mmm, 100 ? I don't think so. I believe Erza by her self took 200 at once.

Yeah, 400, that's what I said. :p

KingOfNight
December 16, 2012, 01:23 PM
One of Jura's powers is modesty. I'm sure he used that ability when he talked about being "the weakest of the 10 Wizard Saints" =)

He is very humble, however, there is no doubt he is weaker than Jose. The clash between Jose and Makarov almost caused a disaster, while Jura and Jellal's battle :heh
I don't see him being humble when he said that, as he is clearly weaker than the rest.

Edelheld
December 16, 2012, 04:13 PM
He is very humble, however, there is no doubt he is weaker than Jose. The clash between Jose and Makarov almost caused a disaster, while Jura and Jellal's battle :heh
I don't see him being humble when he said that, as he is clearly weaker than the rest.
Jose/Makarov battle was for real. Jura/Gerrard fought for sport. And if Gerrard would've finished his casting - what cataclysm would've he caused? And what Jura would've done to defend from it? =)
So, Jose's domination over Jura is not so obvious to me. Thus, Laxus' total domination over Jura is doubtful too. Fights between 2 strong mages are hard to predict. Gerrard was one of the main baddies and one of the strongest 10WS, Jura claimed himself to be the weakest - was it obvious that Gerrard would curbstomp Jura?

Leonsagara
December 16, 2012, 09:12 PM

What disaster? I just remember Makarov easily owning Jose with Fairy Law. To say Jura is weaker than the other WS is a lot of speculation, since we've only seen 4 of them(Makarov, Jose, Jellal, and Jura). Jose wasn't portrayed as being very strong. Erza was able to at least hold her own for a while against him, even after taking a lot of damage. Since Erza was acknowledged as having the strength to be a WS pre-timeskip, and she's definitely weaker than Jura, it's entirely possible that there are several WS weaker than Jura.

KingOfNight
December 16, 2012, 11:46 PM
Jose/Makarov battle was for real. Jura/Gerrard fought for sport. And if Gerrard would've finished his casting - what cataclysm would've he caused? And what Jura would've done to defend from it? =)
So, Jose's domination over Jura is not so obvious to me. Thus, Laxus' total domination over Jura is doubtful too. Fights between 2 strong mages are hard to predict. Gerrard was one of the main baddies and one of the strongest 10WS, Jura claimed himself to be the weakest - was it obvious that Gerrard would curbstomp Jura?

We can't say for sure what would have happened had Jellal proceeded with the Spell. And for sports ? Really ? The GMG is anything but sport. Jose fought equally with Makarov and even the latter acknowledged his power. Makarov then just had to use FL which is impossible to survive if you're an enemy of the Guild. I'd imagine Wendy is able to beat Jura if she can use FL.

And while Jura's Magical Power impressed Gray. Jose's Magical Power not only suffocated Gray and Elfman but, Two other S-class Mages. Perhaps he was humble by stating he is weaker than Jellal but, Jose and Makarov ? Nope. They are on completely different level.

...........................................................................................

What disaster? I just remember Makarov easily owning Jose with Fairy Law. To say Jura is weaker than the other WS is a lot of speculation, since we've only seen 4 of them(Makarov, Jose, Jellal, and Jura). Jose wasn't portrayed as being very strong. Erza was able to at least hold her own for a while against him, even after taking a lot of damage. Since Erza was acknowledged as having the strength to be a WS pre-timeskip, and she's definitely weaker than Jura, it's entirely possible that there are several WS weaker than Jura.

Is that enough of a disaster for you ? (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7180-11/fairy-tail/chapter-65.html) Or that ? (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7180-15/fairy-tail/chapter-65.html)

Jose was clearly on even ground with Makarov and was even holding back ! Though, when he finally went full power he got Fairy Law'd.

But still, even Hades who was like... a zillion time stronger than Makarov, feared FL and found no way to counter it except by forcing Makarov to stop it.

Erza ? You do realize he could've killed her any second right ? He just didn't feel like it and instead played around with her until daddy came.

Morlun
December 17, 2012, 03:11 AM
I'd imagine Wendy is able to beat Jura if she can use FL.

Not necessarily. Like Cana with Fairy Glitter couldn't defeat Bluenote. Power must be related somehow too.

Also, Fairy Law destroys enemies, so I doubt any Fairy Tail mage could use it do defeat Jura.

KingOfNight
December 17, 2012, 03:13 AM
Not necessarily. Like Cana with Fairy Glitter couldn't defeat Bluenote. Power must be related somehow too.

Also, Fairy Law destroys enemies, so I doubt any Fairy Tail mage could use it do defeat Jura.

I was saying that as an example.

Morlun
December 17, 2012, 03:22 AM
Okay. But still, I'd reckon Wendy would need to have power somewhere close to Jura's level for a Fairy Law to work.

Lozmaster
December 17, 2012, 07:03 AM
He is very humble, however, there is no doubt he is weaker than Jose. The clash between Jose and Makarov almost caused a disaster

No it didn't. That was Jose using hyperbole before the fight.
It never even got close to causing a real disaster. He never stood a chance against Makarov. Jose even thought that Erza might have been a match for him at that time, if she hadn't been through so much already. That should say a lot really.

while Jura and Jellal's battle :heh

While what? They were fighting for different reasons for one, and neither of them got to launch huge spells.

Still, You can see the same "disaster" from Makarov VS jose IS about to occur when Jellal is casting star destruction, here.
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/274/17

Which is the same effect you got when makarov fought Jose here.
http://www.mangareader.net/135-7180-11/fairy-tail/chapter-65.html

Unless you mean something else by "disaster". And it hardly seems like a disaster to me.

So I don't see your point.

KingOfNight
December 17, 2012, 07:48 AM
No it didn't. That was Jose using hyperbole before the fight.
It never even got close to causing a real disaster. He never stood a chance against Makarov. Jose even thought that Erza might have been a match for him at that time, if she hadn't been through so much already. That should say a lot really.

I'm sorry, what ? Hyperbole ?

How can it be hyperbole when we saw the surrounding completely destroyed, FT members flying, the earth shaking and the sea raging just from the clash of their simplest Spells ?

while what? They were fighting for different reasons for one, and neither of them got to launch huge spells.

Come again ?:blink

How does their reason matter ? More importantly, Jellal had the strongest reason to fight he ever had. I failed to see your point with the whole "reason" thing.

Neither launched a huge spell ?

Grand Chariot which has the power of a real meteor or so he said. (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7211-16/fairy-tail/chapter-96.html)

It's probably the second strongest spell he has and was countered by a mountain that doesn't look like one at all. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/274/15)

That's about the best those two can do and all it did was send some winds in the stadium. Where did this whole notion of them not "launching any huge spells" come from ? They were clearly going all out.

Still, You can see the same "disaster" from Makarov VS jose IS about to occur when Jellal is casting star destruction, here.
http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/274/17

Yes but, is there an earthquake ? Are people flying ? Are seas raging ? Did that mountain get destroyed ? -_-; Didn't think so.

Lozmaster
December 17, 2012, 09:55 AM
I'm sorry, what ? Hyperbole ?

How can it be hyperbole when we saw the surrounding completely destroyed, FT members flying, the earth shaking and the sea raging just from the clash of their simplest Spells ?

The surroundings were already destroyed before they started fighting. It had nothing to do with Makarov/Jose fighting. Besides that, Natsus fights, even early on, caused more collateral damage than Makarov/Jose fighting did. So clearly that isn't a good measure of power.

Come again ?:blink

How does their reason matter ?
... Have you read any of Fairy tail? A persons strength depends ENTIRELY on the reason they are fighting.

More importantly, Jellal had the strongest reason to fight he ever had. I failed to see your point with the whole "reason" thing.

Nope.

Neither launched a huge spell ?

Grand Chariot which has the power of a real meteor or so he said. (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7211-16/fairy-tail/chapter-96.html)

It's probably the second strongest spell he has and was countered by a mountain that doesn't look like one at all. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/274/15)

"probably" means nothing. Prove it. And Juras Rock Mountain was put up to use as a defense against Jellals Grand Chariot. Not an attack. Why would a defensive spell cause earthquakes anyway? And why would an attacking spell deliberately waste a large amount of energy attacking the earth and not it's target?

[quote]That's about the best those two can do and all it did was send some winds in the stadium.
You have no reason to think that is the best Jura can do, and clearly the people were much further away in this case than they were in the Phantom lord arc. Natsu and Co, the ONLY people who got knocked back by the wave, had only left the room where MAkarov and Jose started fighting moments before they did.

Yes but, is there an earthquake ? Are people flying ? Are seas raging ? Did that mountain get destroyed ? -_-; Didn't think so.
What Mountain? what seas? No mountain was destroyed by Makarovs attack before, all the damage was done before by Joses moving guild and jupiter cannon, not the two wizard saints fighting.

And why does "raging seas" count as a show of power, and not wind?

KingOfNight
December 17, 2012, 10:23 AM
The surroundings were already destroyed before they started fighting. It had nothing to do with Makarov/Jose fighting. Besides that, Natsus fights, even early on, caused more collateral damage than Makarov/Jose fighting did. So clearly that isn't a good measure of power.

By surrounding i mean environment.

Instead of telling me this, bring me an actual page of a fight that caused the earth to shake, created small Tsunamis, causing weather disasters.

Nope.

You can keep your "Nope" if you don't have a proof to support it, this is not a matter of opinion.

"probably" means nothing. Prove it.

Sure... it's the second most powerful spell he showed. Prove otherwise.

And Juras Rock Mountain was put up to use as a defense against Jellals Grand Chariot. Not an attack. Why would a defensive spell cause earthquakes anyway?

Because Makarov's defensive spell caused this (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7180-15/fairy-tail/chapter-65.html)!

What Mountain? what seas? No mountain was destroyed by Makarovs attack before, all the damage was done before by Joses moving guild and jupiter cannon, not the two wizard saints fighting.

I was talking about the mountain the GMG were held on.

what seas?

These seas ! (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7180-11/fairy-tail/chapter-65.html) Don't you see them just doing what seas do when there is a disaster ?

I can send a gust of wind by waving a big fan... can i create a Tsunami by waving the same fan ? The point is, you can't make raging seas without creating storms.

Did the clash between Jellal's second most destructive spell and Jura's most powerful defensive spell cause storms, Tsunamis, shake the earth and have random lightning appear ? The answer is no.

SerpentTailedAngel
December 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
Maybe this argument should get moved to the strongest mages discussion? It doesn't have much to do with the current chapter anymore.

exacta
December 17, 2012, 10:53 PM
If Laxus beats Jura I will flip a table. Kagura is doomed, at least let one mage whose supposed to be strong not get trolled in this tournament. Mashima's statement about Bacchus is the only time I think an author was actually lying to his readers.

liductan
December 18, 2012, 05:40 PM
If Laxus beats Jura I will flip a table. Kagura is doomed, at least let one mage whose supposed to be strong not get trolled in this tournament. Mashima's statement about Bacchus is the only time I think an author was actually lying to his readers.

Well, get ready to flip the table soon. Ft always wins, it's illogical for them to lose.

Ifrit
December 19, 2012, 09:48 AM

{O.o}, and in which chapter or panel did it say that Laxus is weak to need a lame reason or power up to win ?

ever since this Manga started It was already given the ranks in Fairy Tail, where it said that Gildartz is below Makarov, and regarding which one is on top that is debatable.

and after those two we've seen Erza, Mystogan, and Laxus been declared to be on a different level than the rest. However with the story progress I say Laxus is stronger than Erza n Mystogan, and I don't want to dive into why I think he is stronger since this is not the right thread for this.

THM Nindo
December 19, 2012, 02:26 PM
{O.o}, and in which chapter or panel did it say that Laxus is weak to need a lame reason or power up to win ?

ever since this Manga started It was already given the ranks in Fairy Tail, where it said that Gildartz is below Makarov, and regarding which one is on top that is debatable.

and after those two we've seen Erza, Mystogan, and Laxus been declared to be on a different level than the rest. However with the story progress I say Laxus is stronger than Erza n Mystogan, and I don't want to dive into why I think he is stronger since this is not the right thread for this.

Stronger than Mystogan, maybe.
But stronger than Jellal? Hell no!

Ifrit
December 20, 2012, 04:32 AM
Stronger than Mystogan, maybe.
But stronger than Jellal? Hell no!

I can't say which one of those two is stronger, but I won't say Jellal got the upper hand.

Jellal Meteor speed vs Laxus Lightning speed

Jellal Star Destruction Vs Fairy Law. ??? how can we say Jellal is stronger ?

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Is there gonna be a chapter this week ?

I hope so, this one should go in history. I hope Erza uses her pure strength in this fight, she really got the power for it, hope it won't turn like Azuma fight.

Hoping Minerva get trashed really, I wanna see Kagura Vs Erza, because I want to see Kagura being pulled into a corner where she has no other option than drawing her sword.

KingOfNight
December 20, 2012, 05:50 AM
I can't say which one of those two is stronger, but I won't say Jellal got the upper hand.

Jellal Meteor speed vs Laxus Lightning speed

Jellal Star Destruction Vs Fairy Law. ??? how can we say Jellal is stronger ?

Honestly, while Laxus is my favorite character, I'd rank him far below Jellal. It's not simple meteor speed or Sema, Jellal is literally a genius in everything he does.

He is the character with the most versatility with magic so far, not to mention is the smartest character shown as well (perhaps I'm forgetting someone ?).

His Meteor is far above Laxus's lightning movements. As Natsu didn't seem to have any trouble with it, unlike meteor in which even Jellal needed a special suit in order not to get burned by it speed.

He can also use the very dangerous Darkness Magic along with all four elemental Magics. He can cast the destructive spell, Abyss Break that has the ability to destroy all of Magnolia.

Laxus maybe able to win through Fairy Law (If he sees Jellal as an enemy). But, if he win through such a way, it won't change the fact that Jellal is a stronger Mage as even Makarov could beat Hades with FL.

......................................................................................................................

I hope so, this one should go in history. I hope Erza uses her pure strength in this fight, she really got the power for it, hope it won't turn like Azuma fight.

Hoping Minerva get trashed really, I wanna see Kagura Vs Erza, because I want to see Kagura being pulled into a corner where she has no other option than drawing her sword.

My disappointment will no no bounds if it turn out like Erza VS Azuma. I'm SUPER cheering for Kagura-Chan !

nichendrix
December 20, 2012, 07:15 PM
To say Jura is weaker than the other WS is a lot of speculation, since we've only seen 4 of them(Makarov, Jose, Jellal, and Jura). Jose wasn't portrayed as being very strong.

Wasn't Ur one of them?

Okay. But still, I'd reckon Wendy would need to have power somewhere close to Jura's level for a Fairy Law to work.

I don't think so, the 3 Fairy magic are supposed to be of more or less equal strengh, though used for different purposes, each Fairy Tail S-Class receives one of the 3 as part of their S-Class Trials, so I don't think Elza or Cana as being strong as Jura as right away, maybe Elza if pushed to her limit would beat him, but Luxus, Mistgun and Gildarts were always stated to be stronger than Elza, and other than Gildarts, it's very hard to believe anyone of the rest could beat Jura without pushing over their limits.

In the end I really wish to know which Fairy magic Elza and Gildarts have received on their S-Rank Trials.

Maybe the Threeway fight push Elza so far that she'll have to use her Fairy Magic.

Giga_Gaia
December 20, 2012, 08:42 PM
Couldn't Laxus just use Fairy Laws to wipe out anyone who is still standing and not in Fairy Tail?

Also, Guildarts is probably stronger than makarov.

KingOfNight
December 20, 2012, 10:34 PM
Couldn't Laxus just use Fairy Laws to wipe out anyone who is still standing and not in Fairy Tail?

Nice one !:lmao

THM Nindo
December 20, 2012, 10:37 PM

People are forgetting that Fairy Law is not that easy to use.
You need to really feel it, otherwise it won't work.

Remember how Laxus used it against everyone in the town, and no one died.
It's not because the magic failed, it worked perfectly, it's because he couldn't lie to its "heart" and he still liked them, so they didn't die.

In the same way, when you guys are suggesting that he could use it against Jellal, I really doubt it.
By the way he's behaving right now with him, I think he actually like the guy.

So, there's no way, even in a real fight that he could just change his "heart" and use Fairy Law against him.
Unless Jellal actually goes in rampage and kill a bunch of Fairy Tail members, or something like that...