PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 315 Discussion/ 316 Predictions

ghostexiled
January 11, 2013, 11:49 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

kazerua
January 18, 2013, 12:34 AM
damn, plot armor, again...
i wonder why
-Kagura beat Erza up like a rag but they didnt count the points
-Kagura took 1 stab from Minevar and the points was counted right away

Krono
January 18, 2013, 12:44 AM
So Rosemary is the name of the town that Simon, and Kagura were from. And Erza.

And Erza shoved Kagura into hiding when Kagura was wandering around crying out for her brother in the middle of the slavers attack.

Giga_Gaia
January 18, 2013, 12:56 AM
It's gonna be Erza vs Minerva and Minerva won't stand a chance. She is far too weak, even weaker than the 2 dragons. She only got this far by cheating, lying and doing things like taking hostages.

Lost0
January 18, 2013, 01:07 AM
It's gonna be Erza vs Minerva and Minerva won't stand a chance. She is far too weak, even weaker than the 2 dragons. She only got this far by cheating, lying and doing things like taking hostages.

Lol you must didn't read that chapter correctly, they said she's the strongest mage in Sabertooth and that she's stronger than the two dragons

SQm3
January 18, 2013, 01:19 AM
I wonder if Sabertooth is gonna get disqualified due to Minerva being the new master.

okaneman
January 18, 2013, 01:35 AM
Hmm once again Erza beat Kagura armorless + same outfit when she beat Ikaruga (Jellal's underling).. Quite a letdown..

adbanginwar
January 18, 2013, 01:37 AM
Hmm once again Erza beat Kagura armorless + same outfit when she beat Ikaruga (Jellal's underling).. Quite a letdown..

Erza didn't beat kagura. Kagura was caught off guard by minerva. Kagura is stabbed by Erza's sword from behind.

Ninja_Pirate
January 18, 2013, 01:41 AM
Seems like Erza saved her in childhood and looking to Kagura (torn up shirt .. she was so well dressed and eloquent :( ) condition after the fight it looks like the fight wasnt finished when Minerva stabbed Kagura... That Bitch... She is sure going down.. Sabertooth is back to number 1 with +5 points and yes now pulling a win by FT is an unexpected outcome of the tournament.....

These should not continue in next chapter as well.. want to see other fights ... cmon

mstarsup5
January 18, 2013, 02:13 AM
damn, plot armor, again...
i wonder why
-Kagura beat Erza up like a rag but they didnt count the points
-Kagura took 1 stab from Minevar and the points was counted right away

Erza was on the floor because of the pillar going down, and she went to save Kagura... She did by no means get down by Kagura. Kagura only gave her a scratch on the shoulder.

SerpentTailedAngel
January 18, 2013, 02:30 AM
So... Erza knew Simon before coming to the tower?
It seems like she ought to have, if they lived in the same town.
Well, I was expecting Erza to be fine (in the not dead sense) but I wasn't expecting that flash back.

kazerua
January 18, 2013, 03:00 AM
Erza was on the floor because of the pillar going down, and she went to save Kagura... She did by no means get down by Kagura. Kagura only gave her a scratch on the shoulder.

i was talking about the previous chapter actually^^

mstarsup5
January 18, 2013, 03:02 AM
i was talking about the previous chapter actually^^

She did not get stabbed :p
Bah anyway, that's FT for you :)

kazerua
January 18, 2013, 03:17 AM
She did not get stabbed :p
Bah anyway, that's FT for you :)

true^^ should not expect any logic here

•Sasuke•
January 18, 2013, 03:38 AM
full chapter ch scan out on ishuhui

http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=47951505 lastpost

or -> http://imgbox.com/g/PB0fZ03aUy

Chris38
January 18, 2013, 03:57 AM
English scans: http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/315

eripho
January 18, 2013, 04:01 AM
Chapter 315: http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/98052_rosemary

adbanginwar
January 18, 2013, 04:09 AM
just like the prediction, minerva comes to steal the points. she plays dirty. i hope they win and then get disqualified as now she is guild master or mistress(whatever)

Krono
January 18, 2013, 04:28 AM
just like the prediction, minerva comes to steal the points. she plays dirty. i hope they win and then get disqualified as now she is guild master or mistress(whatever)

Assuming Genma died, Sabertooth is probably master less at the moment like Fairy Tail was before Macao accepted the position.

Kuza
January 18, 2013, 04:29 AM
The point was that Sting killed previous master so he's the master now or smth like this

Black Void
January 18, 2013, 04:30 AM
Chapter is out http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/315

I really dislike Minerva -.-** but all in all. chapter was good, nice little flashback.. everyone is connected xD

SerpentTailedAngel
January 18, 2013, 05:02 AM
This is the point where Erza beats Minerva too a bloody pulp.
Or it would be, except now it looks like Erza's legs are already bloody pulps.

...Well, I'm gonna hold out for Sting being the one to take her out then. Some sort of friendly fire rule that he can use to justify it. Give ST five points. Erza and Kagura were the ones who were most likely to be matched against her, but if Erza can't fight (which I suppose is an if) then he's the one who'd still have a reason to pick a fight with her.

kazerua
January 18, 2013, 05:04 AM
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/315/6
just notice that Mashima had a drawing mistake: Erza lost her right sleeve but it became the right one here
this doesnt affect anything though ^^'''

NEMO
January 18, 2013, 05:10 AM
QUICK REVIEW!

http://s1.postimage.org/9r8pvt69b/fairy_tail_3850729.jpg

I'm soo amazed to see that the clothes are that torn but her boobs are just perfectly safe. Some boobs those are xD And man, those little children in her chest are too shy to say hello to us. xD Some clothes those are. Even after they've gotten that much torn, they still hardly conceal her little babies from peepers like us xD

http://s2.postimage.org/fm9fpe0mx/image.jpg

"I cannot die until I get laid." xD...Any volunteers?

http://s8.postimage.org/4u3a6kt5x/image.jpg
Say CHEESE!
http://s9.postimage.org/5a2hmhsxb/image.jpg

"CLICK"

http://s2.postimage.org/5l4lg2njt/image.jpg

What a disappointment after waiting so long to see how strong Kagura's sword is.

http://s14.postimage.org/6awfr3dgx/image.jpg

I'd like to see a display of this sword's strength by this vicious bitch. Entertain us a little gladiators!

wooticus
January 18, 2013, 05:25 AM
Usually I don't get involved that much emotionally , but I just want to get Minerva smashed so hard. Forget Sting, I wanna see Jura go all out against her!

Marzarret
January 18, 2013, 05:40 AM
Usually I don't get involved that much emotionally , but I just want to get Minerva smashed so hard. Forget Sting, I wanna see Jura go all out against her!

I'm actually thinking that it would be Minerva vs Laxus since it is pretty obvious that Erza is down. Laxus is probably done with Orga, he might be the Lightning God Slayer but Laxus is a monster. It would be more interesting if he's the one that will go against that bitch.

JunKisaragi
January 18, 2013, 05:45 AM
Oh Minerva, you just lost your right to live with that filthy, filthy move.

Erza, please, stab her through the heart (assuming she has one).

Shinhokou
January 18, 2013, 06:26 AM
Kind of like Minerva's f'd up way of winning she really makes you feel mad and hoping someone can beat her already ( she fullfills her purpose imo , making us angry first by beating lucy so badly and now this). As for Kagura's oh so cataclysmical Sword of Archenemy destruction ... well Plot Armor is harder than Adamantine it seems...

tobeulp
January 18, 2013, 06:42 AM
As much as I love Erza to beat Minerva it is an asspul if she will fight Minerva and win that being said I will not be surprise if Erza will manage to defeat her because asspul had been done many times already in FT but still I would love to see the other fights and the conclusion to this arc because from what I see it will be huge

Ifrit
January 18, 2013, 06:42 AM
I ship Azuma n Kagura.

I loved Makarvo comment "Even I did not keep up".....wow then she must be really fast. BTW in Tower Arc, Jellal, Simon, Shou, and Millianna met Erza the first time, and was asking her for her name....Loved how he made up all the history just from no where like they all met before hehehe

1337 haxor
January 18, 2013, 06:46 AM
What a lame ending for a fight that had been shaping up so epically. I think Mashima could have come up with something far more intelligent than Erza saing "I WON'T LOSE" and just beating her enemy without explanation.

In my opinion Mashima is being lazy with with fights because he wants to rush with the plot, I know he can create far more deep tough conclusions than FT members being all determinators.

For example, if Erza had a magic absorbing armor she could have pulled a Natsu and used the energy of that massive attack to restore herself and power up.

That was my major complaint about this chapter, now let's talk about the good points.

F### YOU MINERVA!

Honestly, I haven't wanted to punch a chacter so badly since Gin Ichimaru in the SS arc of Bleach. That folks, screams "AWESOME".

She is way better than Ultear because she is an unforgivable bitch doing things for the evulz, probably Mashima is making up for giving Ul a heel face turn so rushed.

As it turns out Minerva was after Archenemy the whole time, she wanted to degrade Kagura's potential as a threat (like I predicted) but she also wanted to increase her own strenght by stealing her broken sword (which came as a surprise).

I just want for Minerva to lose badly and be left broken forever, that bitch deserves the biggest smack down in the history of this manga and I am willing to put up with the power of friendship for that to happen!

REN KOUEN
January 18, 2013, 07:20 AM
i think we all.predicted minerva to pull something dirty, so no huge surprise there

i hope erza curbstomps that bitch, but it will surely be an epic battle, maybe even spanning two chapters, because i know minerva wont be defeated easily

Zasz
January 18, 2013, 07:26 AM
Oh God! Erza just kill already this bitch unworthy of living!
Damn, seriously, stabbing someone in the back is the worst thing to do; I hope to see her in a pool of blood ASAP.
About the rest, I quite liked the chapter and also the little FB; it's nice to see more of the characters' past.
To conclude, Kagura wasn't defeated by Erza, but taken off guard, which is different; probably we will have an asspull Vs Minerva, but I suppose that we won't care about that.

Buggy
January 18, 2013, 07:50 AM
Don't recall in the history of manga that I felt such genuine hate towards a character. I'm trying, but am unable to think of a fate horrible enough for that despicable creature.

wooticus
January 18, 2013, 08:17 AM
I'm, however, really curious about this Rosemary village. It seems that there are a lot of powerful mages coming from there, maybe it will take some major role later on. Maybe it's the ground Zeref was defeated ages ago? Maybe the story will go back there for the final fight.

Sachsenhesse
January 18, 2013, 08:26 AM
Minerva. <3 I like her somehow.

Kagura was awesome, but the last pages were just meh for her. Unsheating her blade did what? A scratch on Erza and her defeat later on, thats what i call hype for nothing. Minerva on the other hand... well she gets the shit done.

Moogle Mango
January 18, 2013, 08:29 AM
Yep. Hating Minerva. But why does she keep saying "king." Is she talking about herself (which would be awkward) or is she talking about someone else?

Uriel
January 18, 2013, 08:37 AM
I love/hate Minerva. :S

abc1233
January 18, 2013, 08:53 AM
Yep. Hating Minerva. But why does she keep saying "king." Is she talking about herself (which would be awkward) or is she talking about someone else?

I think we should stop referring to her/him/it as a "she" in that case.

Terrible conclusion to an awesome fight, which seems to be the pattern with Mashima's fights recently so can't say I'm too surprised.

Laxus will probably come in and destroy Minerva, his opponent isn't on his level imo and if Erza manages to beat both Kagura and Minerva then that'll be a bit much. Jura is also a wildcard I guess.

REN KOUEN
January 18, 2013, 08:58 AM
Minerva. <3 I like her somehow.

Kagura was awesome, but the last pages were just meh for her. Unsheating her blade did what? A scratch on Erza and her defeat later on, thats what i call hype for nothing. Minerva on the other hand... well she gets the shit done.

she is certainly a quality villian, i think all arcs of any manga are better when there is a true villian that the author makes you hate or strongly dislike

so while i cant say i like minerva, i love when there is a strong villian who is really easy to hate

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

I love/hate Minerva. :S

lol this is an abreviated version of what i was trying to say

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Don't recall in the history of manga that I felt such genuine hate towards a character. I'm trying, but am unable to think of a fate horrible enough for that despicable creature.

there are a few

i hate the celestial dragons in one peice, and a few others more than minerva, she is definitely a bitch though not just for this chapter but what she did to lucy and lecter also

Marzarret
January 18, 2013, 09:16 AM
I don't really like to see another back from the dead instant kill win from the FT. Erza is definitely beyond her limit now. I hope that Mashima will be smart enough to make the Laxus vs. Minerva match up since the two of them are somehow similar. The way Minerva is acting now is the same way as Laxus in the past. Not to mention that they are both kids of the Guild Masters, Minerva being a daughter and Laxus being the grandchild.

REN KOUEN
January 18, 2013, 09:20 AM
I don't really like to see another back from the dead instant kill win from the FT. Erza is definitely beyond her limit now. I hope that Mashima will be smart enough to make the Laxus vs. Minerva match up since the two of them are somehow similar. The way Minerva is acting now is the same way as Laxus in the past. Not to mention that they are both kids of the Guild Masters, Minerva being a daughter and Laxus being the grandchild.

laxus will have his hands full with obra, now i think laxus will beat the tar our of obra, but how far away is he? will he be able to make it to erza in time to help???

honestly i dont think erza is completely spent yet, sure she is not 100%, but she can still fight in my opinion

Kuza
January 18, 2013, 09:24 AM
Guys did you notice that Minerva used Kagura's sword to stab her? It might be the key to a conclusion of this fight. Something like only "chosen" can use this sword when it's unsheathed and sword blows up or fires some energy towards its user.

NAM61
January 18, 2013, 09:33 AM

not gonna happen laxus already has his opponent minervas is erzas. erza rage is gonna make her beat minerva. also minervas tactic show she really is not that powerful she is a backstabber.

THM Nindo
January 18, 2013, 09:45 AM
Meh...

Not really satisfied with that chapter.
I was expecting more from this fight, and after the beating she got last chapter I was certainly not expecting Erza to one-shot Kagura AFTER SHE FINALLY DREW HER SWORD!!

Let me put it simply... It's lame.
I'm okay with the Fairy Tail guy being the best, but I'm not okay with them being able to One-Shot EVERYONE... -_-;

Let them be the underdog for once!
Or let them, I don't know... lose!

Honestly, I think I would have preferred if Erza really had been cut and would have lost.

Anyway, I still like the manga, and I have high hopes for what's coming next...
Plus... I can't wait to see Erza beat that bitch Minerva!! :tem

exacta
January 18, 2013, 10:04 AM
So the blood we saw last chapter was just Erza's shoulder? Why on earth did we need that to be a cliffhanger? That's terrible, there is nothing surprising or interesting about the reveal of last chapters intense cliffhanger. Erza blocked it and says she won't die or lose because she fights for her friends, that's so predictable. I was skeptical on how shocking the reveal would be, but wow Mashima didn't even do anything with it.Then she proceeded to one-shot Kagura.....right after Kagura drew her sword, which we didn't even really see her get to use.

That makes no sense, she was beating the shit out of Erza before unsheathing it. And pretty much everyone predicted Minerva playing dirty. I'm actually rooting for Minerva now. I already feel like the word bullshit doesn't do what Mashima just pulled justice, and Erza beating Minerva would be a whole other level of bullshit still. Couldn't she at least have used a different armor than the one she used the last two fights she pulled out of her ass?

Aikidoka
January 18, 2013, 10:13 AM
I know it's probably an unpopular opinion but I personally liked this chapter. Here's why (pasted from what I wrote from another site):

Not surprised with the beginning of this chapter, it's consistent with who Erza is as a character. She refused to let Gerard die to atone for his crimes (http://www.mangapanda.com/135-25375-3/fairy-tail/chapter-147.html), it would be hypocritical of her to do the same. As much as it feels like an asspull because of how many times Mashima's pulled this off in Fairy Tail, it really isn't this time.

EDIT: Also, if Minerva and Erza are both team captains (I don't think it was actually confirmed), this means we'll probably see Gajeel vs. Rogue soon, since the captains battle has to be last.

exacta
January 18, 2013, 10:24 AM
I know it's probably an unpopular opinion but I personally liked this chapter. Here's why (pasted from what I wrote from another site):

Not surprised with the beginning of this chapter, it's consistent with who Erza is as a character. She refused to let Gerard die to atone for his crimes (http://www.mangapanda.com/135-25375-3/fairy-tail/chapter-147.html), it would be hypocritical of her to do the same. As much as it feels like an asspull because of how many times Mashima's pulled this off in Fairy Tail, it really isn't this time.

It's not an asspull because Erza didn't let herself get cut(it would be backwards development after all, although I stopped expecting things to make sense awhile ago), it's an asspull because she won the fight this chapter with a one-shot before Kagura could even really use her sword, and its bullshit that Mashima pulled a cliffhanger like that when he had nothing interesting or surprising to show us. I think it might have been an even worse cliffhanger than Wendy and Hades.

EMS
January 18, 2013, 10:33 AM
rosemary being a town, all the blood that we saw last chapter was a little blood in 315 from erza shoulder while i even hate more minerva for being so dirty, because os stabbing kagura and while erza and kagura's memories get connected by old memories, erza is going to beat the hell out of minerva..

JunKisaragi
January 18, 2013, 10:54 AM
She actually didn't win from that single attack though, seeing that Kagura still managed to get up right after. It was Kagura's decision to concede from their bout when Minerva literally back-stabbed her.

Minerva should choke on her own magic and just die. -_-

stevens41
January 18, 2013, 11:17 AM
I enjoyed the chapter although I would have preferred their battle to last at least half of the pages, oh well. I was pretty certain that Erza was not going to be killed or greatly injured although I can't say I am impressed with what Kagura's sword can do. I mean, what did she do with it? She pulled it out and not only was she easily blocked but she also got smacked right after.

For all those that are complaining that Erza one-shotted Kagura, please read the issue again, Kagura got back up and seemed perfectly fine (physically) to keep fighting, she simply CHOSE to give up in order to "process" all the new information Erza had just given her (she stated that herself). This is what made her lose focus, let her guard down and Minerva being able to stab her form behind. So basically Erza "beat" her in the sense that she made Kagura back off from her furious rampage and think about things a bit more BUT it was Minerva who truly beat Kagura physically (i.e. bringing her down), which is why she got the points.

I honestly don't think Erza is in any condition to fight at the moment, her foot is crushed or at least badly injured so unless she has a "self-healing" new armor, I doubt we are going to see them fighting. I think it might just be someone else that intervenes and deals with Minerva (although I would prefer if it was Erza of course).

In the next issue I expect us to switch to either Natsu's team or maybe to Gajeel VS Rogue - Laxus VS Orga. Who knows, maybe Mashima will show us what Jura or Lyon are doing too.

Shekinah
January 18, 2013, 11:29 AM
well, everybody ( including me) thought that minerva would pull milliana into kaguras swing of the sword.... now its just the shoulder of erza. even if the cliffhanger from the last chap was so intense, while the outcome was pretty lame. there would be sure more potential in that fight. however, we were all right about that minerva is going to do something real dirty.
i dont know, since she got now the archenemy sword, that could of course be an important part. maybe this sword was her primary goal (expect the 5 points from taking kagura down). we still dont know anything about that sword, but we can say that it doesnt works so good against anyobody who isnt the archenemy. but i guess we will see about that later, at least i hope so after mashima made such a hipe on that sword.

Krono
January 18, 2013, 11:31 AM
I think it might have been an even worse cliffhanger than Wendy and Hades.

No, Wendy and Hades is definitely the worse cliffhanger. That took a serious, dramatic cliffhanger, and turned it into a gag. This just takes a dramatic cliffhanger, and expands a few panels into a full sequence that gives the full, slightly less serious context.

EMS
January 18, 2013, 12:02 PM
well, minerva still got milla to play with erza emotions but at this moment erza is furious and we know what happen when erza gets like that.........it's beating the crap out of minerva time..

exacta
January 18, 2013, 12:07 PM
For all those that are complaining that Erza one-shotted Kagura, please read the issue again, Kagura got back up and seemed perfectly fine (physically) to keep fighting, she simply CHOSE to give up in order to "process" all the new information Erza had just given her (she stated that herself). This is what made her lose focus, let her guard down and Minerva being able to stab her form behind. So basically Erza "beat" her in the sense that she made Kagura back off from her furious rampage and think about things a bit more BUT it was Minerva who truly beat Kagura physically (i.e. bringing her down), which is why she got the points.

Hey I'm a fan of Kagura she's my favorite character in this whole arc, but she got schooled. The big reveal of what Archenemy can do when it's drawn entailed mostly getting owned in a flash by Erza. She didn't look fine when she got up, however she didn't look done either, but Erza took all of her rage and defeated it in one strike after getting all that punishment(Makarov couldn't even see Erza's slash!), and wiped her clean of her resolve. Then saved her life right after. It's kind of sad to see her be reduced to that so quickly, especially after last chapter.

KingOfNight
January 18, 2013, 12:08 PM
Smh...She got trolled. My favorite female (Kagura) got trolled...

What's with Erza and comebacks ?

1- She was caught in Midnights illusion and was almost defeated. But oh shit ! Comeback, one-shot...Ha-Ha.

2- She got whooped by Azuma and then comeback one-shot...Ha-Ha.

3- This fight... and she threw the same speech as the one she gave Azuma...Ha-Ha.

It's getting annoying. It really is. I feel sorry, real sorry for Kagura. She got trolled hard. It's true this manga lacks deaths...but if she died...it's gonna be a waste.

Minerva, well, dirty is good right ! At least I see it that way. But couldn't have been Erza ?

exacta
January 18, 2013, 12:09 PM
No, Wendy and Hades is definitely the worse cliffhanger. That took a serious, dramatic cliffhanger, and turned it into a gag. This just takes a dramatic cliffhanger, and expands a few panels into a full sequence that gives the full, slightly less serious context.

I forgot that that was reduced to comedy, your right that cliffhanger was a lot worse. But I still really dislike this one.

EMS
January 18, 2013, 12:10 PM
kagura worst enemy wasn't erza but it was her anger than made her mind unstable and that was her down fall, she lost her calm and went berserk..

exacta
January 18, 2013, 12:10 PM
Smh...She got trolled. My favorite female (Kagura) got trolled...

What's with Erza and comebacks ?

1- She was caught in Midnights illusion and was almost defeated. But oh shit ! Comeback, one-shot...Ha-Ha

2- She got whooped by Azuma and then comeback one-shot...Ha-Ha

3- This fight... and she threw the same speech as the one she gave Azuma.

Don't forget Ikaruga lol. At least Minerva won't turn good later, at least I can't see that happening.

EMS
January 18, 2013, 12:18 PM
Don't forget Ikaruga lol. At least Minerva won't turn good later, at least I can't see that happening.
i rather see minerva dying than turning..

zerocooldx
January 18, 2013, 01:18 PM
Everything else aside, all of these battles have had a good deal of hype to them but are all turning out to be pretty terrible. One chapter Erza is trashed around liker a rag doll and the next, after Kagura unsheathes her sword, she gets...one shot. I have no more hope for any of these battle, it just looks like Mashima wants to gloss over the battles and get to the Eclipse and inevitable time travel as quickly as possible. At this point i wouldn't be surprised if Orga vs Laxus lasted one page.

SerpentTailedAngel
January 18, 2013, 01:38 PM
Well, at least you can look forward to all the battles starting out good, if you can't stand the endings :^_^

Oh, and Ifrit, the only ones shown meeting for the first time were Jellal, Wally, and Erza. Whether or not any off them already knew Simon, Shou, and Mili hadn't been established.

gg 1
January 18, 2013, 03:27 PM
im pissed i mean cliiffhanger irrelevant, flash back easy one to put into a story and the speeches awwww the horror :gwah in all honesty if it wasnt for minevera this whole chapter wouldnt be worth discussing :teehee

wooticus
January 18, 2013, 03:48 PM
Everything else aside, all of these battles have had a good deal of hype to them but are all turning out to be pretty terrible. One chapter Erza is trashed around liker a rag doll and the next, after Kagura unsheathes her sword, she gets...one shot. I have no more hope for any of these battle, it just looks like Mashima wants to gloss over the battles and get to the Eclipse and inevitable time travel as quickly as possible. At this point i wouldn't be surprised if Orga vs Laxus lasted one page.

Laxus not only soloed the festival #1 ranking Guild formed as an anti fairy tail guild.. he soloed them with ease. Does anybody really believe he will struggle against Orga?

liductan
January 18, 2013, 04:09 PM
Hnestly, I am sick of this patern here. The arcs will have a great begining and later on. They will slowly diminsh into rubbish. At this point, I don't feel like invested any expectations on the next fights. It's like whatever...I just hope this "eclipse" doesn't turn into ruin too.

Sollum
January 18, 2013, 04:14 PM
DAT EYEBROW!..

Man, Minerva will get some utter spanking next chapter.

REN KOUEN
January 18, 2013, 05:42 PM
i rather see minerva dying than turning..

mashima doesnt kill many characters

i dont see minerva dying

hakuthehedgehog
January 18, 2013, 05:58 PM
I loved how casually Minerva backstabbed Kagura, what was freaking awesome.

That managed to nullify the dissapopintment from the fight.

hashirama mukuton
January 18, 2013, 06:05 PM
i tink this is the worst chapiter in this ark
why always erza win ,,,???

the same as asuma batelle is repited again .

REN KOUEN
January 18, 2013, 06:30 PM
i tink this is the worst chapiter in this ark
why always erza win ,,,???

the same as asuma batelle is repited again .

erza always win becailuse erza is beast

MechR
January 18, 2013, 06:41 PM
I don't mind the outcome, but the fight itself needed more pages. Expected an epic showdown, got a one-shot comeback. Dammit Mashima, I can only lower the bar so much here! :-_-

At this point i wouldn't be surprised if Orga vs Laxus lasted one page.
I actually kinda want that to happen, otherwise Raven Tail looks even crappier. Luxus still has Jura lined up to give him a proper fight anyway.

Marzarret
January 18, 2013, 06:52 PM
laxus will have his hands full with obra, now i think laxus will beat the tar our of obra, but how far away is he? will he be able to make it to erza in time to help???

honestly i dont think erza is completely spent yet, sure she is not 100%, but she can still fight in my opinion

His fight with Orga can be off-screen, Laxus can just pop out on the next chapter while showing that Orga had been knocked out by him.

We all know that it sometimes doesn't matter if Orga has the stronger magic since this is Laxus we are talking about.

hashirama mukuton
January 18, 2013, 07:26 PM
beast ????

she always win because hiro mashirama troll
so the sword which should kille gerrard
he could do nothing to erza ????

Ifrit
January 18, 2013, 08:35 PM
Meh, as all cheering for Minerva to get trashed, I say go Minerva kick that asspull character called Erza.......

Can't wait to see a real fight from Gajeel, Laxus, or Jura those use strength not words....

Seriously a sword cut through a town and she block it ? she couldn't even block Kagura attacks without pulling the sword out...I know it's not real, but come on really ?

I don't see Gildartz even blocking that attack

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

beast ????

she always win because hiro mashirama troll
so the sword which should kille gerrard
he could do nothing to erza ????

She ain't no beast, when this Manga started I called her a beast but fight after another...I started to hate her character more n more. Even Natsu asspull fights is still not as much as Erza she is the top1 now then in 2nd place comes Natsu

I'm not feeling bad here, I expected Azuma fight to be repeated so don't let it ruin the arc for you , cool fights are coming up just let Mashima finish from showing us that Erza is the strongest female mage in Fiore

and don't ever ever ever forget MAkarov comment, the reason why Erza 1 shot Kagura that she was very fast that even Makarov did not see it, He should made Mavis support this too hehehe

KingOfNight
January 18, 2013, 11:42 PM
Meh, as all cheering for Minerva to get trashed, I say go Minerva kick that asspull character called Erza.......

Can't wait to see a real fight from Gajeel, Laxus, or Jura those use strength not words....

Seriously a sword cut through a town and she block it ? she couldn't even block Kagura attacks without pulling the sword out...I know it's not real, but come on really ?

Of course she blocked it with barely a scratch on her arm. But when rocks fall, her legs are broken and she's down.

Rocks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a slash that cut through a town, Stings Holy Nova, Sting and Rouge's Unison Raid.

And Erza is no longer a beast. Only beast in FT guild right now is Laxus-Dono

SK-Hao
January 18, 2013, 11:48 PM
Erza and Kagura both fail for falling into a trap Minerva told them was coming.

zerocooldx
January 19, 2013, 01:10 AM
I actually kinda want that to happen, otherwise Raven Tail looks even crappier. Luxus still has Jura lined up to give him a proper fight anyway.

You honestly think that A. Laxus can stand toe to toe with Jura and that B. There will be a single proper fight from here on out? I'm fairly certain that the answer to both is no.

SerpentTailedAngel
January 19, 2013, 01:41 AM

Well, they did were already fighting anyway. And there's not much they could have done. She had a mutual friend hostage and disappeared before they could think to team attack her.

I do think... I wouldn't mind Orga being off screen. We already got one GS this arc, and I don't really care about Orga anyway. He's just that big guy who likes to sing and happens to have magic similar to Laxus. Jura v Laxus does sound a lot more interesting, even if the power of friendship or caring about your life or all the other things that have been around since forever anyway affect the outcome.

Maybe I should have realized I'd be the odd one out when I didn't mind the Azuma fight. I don't see why everyone's raising such a stink over the oneshot. Erza got motivated. That's just how FT works. It's even been stated that will (at least regarding friendship) is a bigger factor than power. The fight was cool. I want Minerva to die painfully, but she's been cool too. Fingers crossed that Acnologia will swoop in and kill her in a glorious Deus ex Machina.

MechR
January 19, 2013, 01:55 AM
You honestly think that A. Laxus can stand toe to toe with Jura and that B. There will be a single proper fight from here on out? I'm fairly certain that the answer to both is no.
Jura seemed interested in the matchup, and nobody else stands a chance against him one-on-one (unless Minerva exceeds expectations). A dogpile is fine too, but that'd still probably need Luxus to get anywhere.

Not sure what Sting's up to, but I don't expect much out of Rogue and Orga's matchups. (Rogue's a tossup just because he hasn't done anything of note yet, and time's running out for him to make an impression.)

I don't see why everyone's raising such a stink over the oneshot. Erza got motivated. That's just how FT works. It's even been stated that will (at least regarding friendship) is a bigger factor than power. The fight was cool.
It really, really needed another round before the big finish. All I ever wanted was a proper fight between the two, not a one-shot comeback after a one-sided beatdown.

Lectro Volpi
January 19, 2013, 02:57 AM
I'm not very comfortable with this "Erza knew you since you were a child, remeber? same village!" as it just seems too convenient, and this is not the first time.

Minerva is turning out to be a great villain, reminds me of Urtear but unredeemable.

Morlun
January 19, 2013, 04:05 AM
It really, really needed another round before the big finish. All I ever wanted was a proper fight between the two, not a one-shot comeback after a one-sided beatdown.

Yeah. It was totally anti-climatic.

Kagura dominates with sheathed sword. Withstands Erza's strongest offense, destroys Erza's strongest defense, out-speeds Erza's fastest attacks.

Kagura unsheathes in rage. This is "Archenemy", a blade to which the bulid-up was huge.

Erza blocks easily and uses her sexy "bandaged-boobs" to one-shot Kagura.

It needed the transitions of the Dragon Slayers fight. There Natsu (and Gajeel) gradually built his (their) dominance. Here it came out of nowhere.

Or it needed the pacing of the Gray / Rufus bout. Gray was in trouble, Gray held, and then Gray explored a weakness in his opponent's power.

A few more panels of Erza being driven back, us getting to learn why Archenemy is so special (or if it is just a sword, why is Kagura wielding it so special), then Erza holding, then driving Kagura back, and then winning. And the mandatory "good feelings good, bad feelings bad" explanation, which would be totally fine, because that's how magic works in this world.

What we got was rushed and poorly plotted.

Ifrit
January 19, 2013, 06:51 AM
If we're lucky enough to see a good fight this Arc that fight gonna be Laxus Vs Jura, I really hope also that Orga fight will be off screen not interested to see another person getting one shot -_-

Jura Vs Laxus is the best match gonna be I really hope we get to see this. Doesn't matter who wins here there is no death or life just both of them testing their limits. Jura only showed interest in Laxus, so I hope their fight won't be interrupted.

He did not give us a decent finish to Jura Vs Jellal, so I really hope we get at least Jura Vs Laxus

imshiroi
January 19, 2013, 09:49 AM
"Meh, as all cheering for Minerva to get trashed, I say go Minerva kick that asspull character called Erza......."
-----> Oh it's quite ridiculous and really make me pissed off.

I think Erza didn't her real '本気' mode in prior battle. Adamantine or Tenrin is not her strongest, just one of her mormal form.
Sarashi&cherry-blossom sword妖刀・紅桜 is the one she only concentrates all her magic to one powerful sword.

yeah it's little something like plot-armor but it's the strongest and her real serious mode .. and i think no one can beat her when she gets "really serious"
and about kagura's sword, 抜刀術 is itself kinda powerful Japanese katana skill... just unsheath it doesn't mean some real destructive cataclysm or something.

Though one-shot-done was little boring..but Erza deserves win, more than that "my life is for avenge!!" thing.

Actually the most victim of Tower of Heaven was Erza
-captured instead, being slve, tortured and lost her eye, rise and make a revolt and successed but betrayed by Jellal, suffered 8 years, then fight with jellal, beat him but again betrayed, sacrificed herself and almost dead.....
but she forgave Jellal and helped him to live on.
Kagura
-lost her brother and revenge, revenge...

Erza is not asspull boring character. She deserves more than that. At least she's much better than Laxus or Kagura.

exacta
January 19, 2013, 01:21 PM

That threesome was so short-lived, kinda disappointing and pointless. It was Kagura vs Erza before the threesome, and it was Kagura vs Erza after. Minerva just bailed out of it after one chapter. She could've done the same thing she did this chapter if she didn't interfere before, in fact then it would've been more surprising and a good development of the fight instead of a predictable development(the scene was still executed very well though) that stemmed from something that was stupid, not to mention she wouldn't have had to waste any energy. But whatever, she's still a very good villainess, I just feel like I'd appreciate her much more if she was in a different manga, because quite frankly her appearing in this manga makes her Urtear 2.0.

amitnaruto
January 19, 2013, 03:12 PM
still think it was a good chapter
most people complain that erza is able to beat people so easily and with a one shot kill, but realistically this makes sense. In reality you need only one good hit to take your opponent down and that what Erza did, she came back with a one shot kill. As for not using armour, she dedicates all her power to one almighty kill and that's how the character is , shes strong, dangerous (natsu is scared of her), elegant and kind. As for the past of them being all the same, is just a way to bring some emotion to the story, remember its a "fairy tail" NOT a "gore tail", or "hentai tail" where we see useless kills, blood and decapitation, this is the wrong manga and characters. So people give it a rest, just cause she kills people with so much ease, though I do admit, the author really likes playing with erza and lucy, makes them into tight emotional and dangerous fights all the time for nothing.

Lets be honest, the sword is somewhat so overrated if your so want to argue, a double edged battle axe, halbred, trident and even a scythe or sickle could do more damage then any sword could ever hope to do, plus you'd have less damage but the sword always wins even against these. Would be nice to see Erza or a femalewith an axe, trident or even a scythe or sickle in battle rather then katana battles all the time

Laxus is nothing to worry about, he'll win and so will gajeel, now the question remains how strong is this new future lucy considering she has the aura of zeref she might also have his deathly powers, and whether she is missing a left arm or keeping it hidden (maybe its a demon arm).

MechR
January 19, 2013, 03:21 PM
Someone pointed out that Erza didn't block Kagura's attack so much as deflect it over her head. That matches the art, and makes alot more sense to me. Still wish the last leg of the fight had gone longer.

Yeah. It was totally anti-climatic.

Kagura dominates with sheathed sword. Withstands Erza's strongest offense, destroys Erza's strongest defense, out-speeds Erza's fastest attacks.One note on the last point: Kagura didn't outspeed Erza, she used some sort of damage-transferring magic. This is important because Erza defeats her with a speed attack when she's in enraged full-offense mode.

Basically, the fight now makes sense to me from a powerlevel standpoint, but the quick finish still felt anticlimactic.

That threesome was so short-lived, kinda disappointing and pointless.
The three-way was awesome while it lasted; I only wish it had continued. Even so, I think it was worth it.

danzouismadara
January 19, 2013, 05:26 PM

if we follow naruto rules then LIGHTNING>earth. Laxus is a beast. Fairy Tail rules.
Erza will win! Laxus will win! and then the world will end

Rarhyx
January 19, 2013, 06:16 PM
if we follow naruto rules then LIGHTNING>earth. Laxus is a beast. Fairy Tail rules.
Erza will win! Laxus will win! and then the world will end

and when we follow pokemon rules earth>lightning.
I don't know why but somehow this chapter was boring for me :/
hope next time we see some gazille vs rouge acion, or atleast what sting is going to do.

REN KOUEN
January 20, 2013, 12:53 AM
If we're lucky enough to see a good fight this Arc that fight gonna be Laxus Vs Jura, I really hope also that Orga fight will be off screen not interested to see another person getting one shot -_-

Jura Vs Laxus is the best match gonna be I really hope we get to see this. Doesn't matter who wins here there is no death or life just both of them testing their limits. Jura only showed interest in Laxus, so I hope their fight won't be interrupted.

He did not give us a decent finish to Jura Vs Jellal, so I really hope we get at least Jura Vs Laxus

i probably love laxus as much as anyome.short of you ifirit

but jura would.probably defeat him, honestly i.dont see anyone short of maybe minerva or zeref and maybe natsu seriously powered up defeating jura

Morlun
January 20, 2013, 03:46 AM
Someone pointed out that Erza didn't block Kagura's attack so much as deflect it over her head. That matches the art, and makes alot more sense to me. Still wish the last leg of the fight had gone longer.

One note on the last point: Kagura didn't outspeed Erza, she used some sort of damage-transferring magic. This is important because Erza defeats her with a speed attack when she's in enraged full-offense mode.

Basically, the fight now makes sense to me from a powerlevel standpoint, but the quick finish still felt anticlimactic.

The three-way was awesome while it lasted; I only wish it had continued. Even so, I think it was worth it.

Damage-transferring? I didn't get that impression, but it does make sense now. Like you say, still anti-climatic, but less of an ass-pull.

Gats
January 20, 2013, 06:54 AM
Not sure how Minerva will hope to be viewed at the strongest guild after if she truly wins the final tournament like that but I doubt Mashima will take this point into account.

Anyway, I'm not super hyped by Erza/Minerva possible fight. Their styles simply don't fit each other to be enjoyable to read, I think. I hope I'm wrong.

Ifrit
January 20, 2013, 07:40 AM
@zahnskye

I think Minerva already backed up all the theories about her being the strongest in Sabertooth, I don't know what manga you've been reading but she took both Kagura n Erza on, and hardly got hit 2 times by Kagura only.

In the end you see her admit that even if she took both of them on she might get injured from all those swords flying around. This is basically what an S-Class mage is all about if Gildartz taught us anything.

About she being a dirty fighter, oh grow up Mashima is just building hate more n more toward her character for you to act like your brilliant post calling every1 idiot and we should go die :fail

I have no idea why all Erza recent fights involve die or live options,.....just die already. I hope Acknologia nuke her soon let's see how she gonna block that attack.

kakashidad
January 20, 2013, 08:33 AM
Lol,oh is she not the most delightful bitch you've ever seen...Minevra!!! she is an excellent baddie.I can't believe some
of the comments i've read.From her ''doing'' the cat in.She was forever known as ''that bitch''.And i dare say that she's
motivated Sting to become stronger just so that she could eliminate her father ''Genma''.His words at her deceit was
along the lines of ''you bitch'' lol.

The apple does not fall to far from the tree with that one.It's all about power and winning at all cost.Abit like Lance
Armstrong...and some will forgive him.

So why is anybody suprized with what's she done here,idk.Aizen would have to watch his back pmsl.Anyways you
know Ezra is gonna near kill this bitch...she nicked her win but more importantly.She stabbed her namaka sister
thru the back.The eyes said it all for me.No amount of damage to her leg or legs will deter her.No one will
intervine.Laxus has his own battle.

And the title of ''titania'' has to be wrest from her dieing hands to paraphase a certain Charlton heston,lol.
If kagura was strong enough it would of been her.But her RESOLVE was flawed from the outset.It remains
to be seen if Minevra can accomplish the task...but i highly DOUBT it.So just be content in knowing that
her downfall will be as epic....

Someone mentioned how Hiro invented a past just for Kagura.That did make me laugh,but could it not
just be.That it was a memory buried by Ezra and only now resurfacing due to the intensity of the
battle the two just endured? If asspull is what you feel fair enough.

I couldn't vote as there was so many things i liked about this issue.Ezra killing intent at the end.Minevra
stabbing Kagura thru the back.And kagura saying ''i los'' while just barely maintaining her ''puppies'' intact
lol.

I would not be suprized to see Minevra use her switcharoo tactic when Ezra comes for her...using ''Milliana.
I've got that bad boy tune ringing in my head right now...but with girl as the subsitute...can you hear it yet

bad girl bad girl what you gonna do when Ezra comes for you...lmfao.FANTASTIC ISSUE as far as i'm concerned.

Morlun
January 20, 2013, 09:44 AM
Poster, you're a moron.

You're all fucking dumb, go drown yourselves and spare us years of headache.

Parental education level: fail.

kakashidad
January 20, 2013, 09:57 AM
I don't know why i read the comments here,i think i might as well get banned,lol.All this griping about fictional
charactors grates.We have an imagination for a reason folks.Use it.We have intelligence for a reason guys use it.
How can you seriously expect the bread and butter charactors of a main title to lose it makes no sense.The author
would be doing themselves in.

It's a shounen title they DON'T work that way.

It's funny how the age of the poster that gripe the most is not displayed...i wonder why,lol.

Kagura was a hyped charactor end of.Who said she was this fearsome person?I'll tell you.Her guild members and Leon
made reference to her been as strong as ever when they fought during the games.Did it not strike you as funny.That
that was an off panel fight to begin with?hmm strange.

For people to say Ezra is not a beast or deserving of her victories is slightly dis-ingenuious .Her strenght/power levels
are KNOWN.The crowds on all sides bared witness to this.Kagura ulitmate strenght was UNKNOWN.Her sword,which!
Her namaka's hyped and you lot fell for the hokey doke,lol.

The same pattern re emerges here.When your dissappointed by some event.You whine about it and attempt to bully.
You don't try and see where the author is going with this.It happened in the last arc and the one before that.Yet by
the end most of you come round and say it was'nt as bad as first thought.

Los,at least went away and stayed away from this title,because he could bare it no longer,i don't get the same
impression from those of you with x amount of posts...Is it a badge of honour or something.That makes your
views more correct than anyone elses?

Minevra as delightful wick as i find her WILL be beaten/defeated.And i expect her to be one panelled too.She
is not the story...accept this.

There was mention that Laxus is the only real monster in FT...Ifrit i believe.Yet he himself told gajeel ''this
is why you don't piss off MIRAJANE'' so how does that work again.He rates her she rates Ezra..oh i know
he's your favorite charactor,lol.You need to temper your disappointment along with others.Go outside and
take part in the real world...yep,i think i might have done it with that one...could i care less at this point
not really.Not really but if i get banned for this and sexist comment get a ''bye'' then the mods should
really look at themselves,lmao.

Lozmaster
January 20, 2013, 12:37 PM
. For those of you who actually think Minerva is somehow smart for doing that, go die. You're too stupid to continue wasting the human race's air. Cowardice is not a brilliant strategy, it's evil and fucking stupid. Minerva threatened the two women with something they couldn't afford to lose, waited until they are both exhausted and then stabbed someone from behind.

You obviously didn't think very hard about what you were typing did you?
Please, tell me how this is a bad strategy? It isn't, it's a brilliant one. VERY VERY EVIL, but it's pretty much the absolute best strategy see could have used. The plan essentially guaranteed her to get the ko on the leader of Mermaid Heel (It had to be kagura or millania), as well as some points from fairy tail, for using barely any magic.

But since the plan is stupid, you must have better one that involved using less magic, staying at 100%, and still guarenteeing Minerva to get both ko's on Erza and Kagura, right?

Oh, yeah, totally a worthy and strong mage.After all, everyone knows how awesome Aria was when he warpped in, sucked out Makarov's magic from his blind spot like a bitch and then bragged about defeating him.

Ugh, there have been plenty of other things showing she is a strong mage, I don't see how you could be so ignorant.
Blocking Natsus Fire - Lightning mode attack? Being able to actually fight with Erza and Kagura on even footing? We know she's pretty much the most evil person in the arc, yeah. That doesn't make her weak. She is still among the strongest mages there, accept it.

OH WAIT. Aria WASN'T awesome, and then got punked by Erza AND Makarov later on. Once again, go fucking figure. I repeat, once more, to everyone who STILL likes Saber or thinks they are strong contenders. You're all fucking dumb

Yes, for thinking one of the strongest mages in the game are one of the strongest mages, we're "fucking dumb".

go drown yourselves and spare us years of headache.

Ironic that the one giving this advice is the one that should follow it, wouldn't you say?

Also, fandumb is too much of a thing now.

You're right, fandumb is too much of a thing. With you anyway. No-one (very few anyway) was bursting into insults and telling people to go drown themselves before you did. But no, clearly you're not the retard here.

SerpentTailedAngel
January 20, 2013, 01:40 PM
Moving on.

Who does everyone want to see next?
Since my understanding is that the whole will to live thing was where Erza got that last bit of strength from, and Minerva doesn't plan to actually kill her, I don't expect her to stand on crushed legs and pull ahead, and I hope we're not about to get another chapter of Erza being kicked around.

I want to see what Rogue and Gajeel are up to. We never saw Gajeel fighting back against DF, even if it'll only be one on one for him. Plus, I'd like to get the reasons for Rogue's... ahem... interest in Gajeel.
Not really a fan of Laxus so

And I was thinking... it probably won't be the case, but it would be fun if, in the end, it looks like the games end in an ST/FT tie, only for it to turn out that Shelia and Juvia are still pulling at one another's hair.

Morlun
January 20, 2013, 02:36 PM
Moving on.

Who does everyone want to see next?
Since my understanding is that the whole will to live thing was where Erza got that last bit of strength from, and Minerva doesn't plan to actually kill her, I don't expect her to stand on crushed legs and pull ahead, and I hope we're not about to get another chapter of Erza being kicked around.

I want to see what Rogue and Gajeel are up to. We never saw Gajeel fighting back against DF, even if it'll only be one on one for him. Plus, I'd like to get the reasons for Rogue's... ahem... interest in Gajeel.
Not really a fan of Laxus so

And I was thinking... it probably won't be the case, but it would be fun if, in the end, it looks like the games end in an ST/FT tie, only for it to turn out that Shelia and Juvia are still pulling at one another's hair.

I don't have any doubt that despite the injuries, Erza will defeat Minerva.

Next, well, Gajeel will curbstomp Rogue, Orga will last a bit longer against Laxus because it's his first (possibly only) fight, and Sting will probably do something completely unexpected, like taking out Jura and leaving us all furious. :)

I dunno. Maybe Rogue will ask to join Fairy Tail? Not likely. Before Giemma got trashed, possibly, but now probably not.

Freid
January 20, 2013, 02:57 PM
Good bye Kagura, you've been reduced to the dump where powerful characters who were nerfed and inexplicably beaten like trash go. You will also find Bacchus there.

Well whatever. I just think it's pretty sad that Mashima is unable to write a well-balanced, convincing fight between two strong mages. His vision for a fight involving two powerful mages seems to be that one side must be overwhelmingly dominating the other. God forbid the fight is actually close at any given time. :gwah

Anyway as for Minerva, my dislike for her peaked when she brutally beat Lucy like she did. Now I'm just waiting for her to get what's coming to her. Her tears must taste delicious. We all know she's gonna end up throwing a psychotic, out of control bitch fit her type always end up throwing when they're losing…At that moment is when I'll taste true satisfaction.

MechR
January 20, 2013, 07:04 PM
Damage-transferring? I didn't get that impression, but it does make sense now. Like you say, still anti-climatic, but less of an ass-pull.
Sorry, on rechecking, this may just be Mangastream's translation of an ambiguous line. Kagura's clothes happen to be shredded in nearly the exact same places as Erza got cut, but she had most of those rips already except for the waist area.

OTOH, if Kagura outmatched Erza's speed armor, the fight makes even less sense than before. Siiiiigh :notrust The best you can say is Erza pulled the same speed-burst finisher on Ikaruga, but who wanted to see that upset again?

Ifrit
January 21, 2013, 06:41 AM
There was mention that Laxus is the only real monster in FT...Ifrit i believe.Yet he himself told gajeel ''this
is why you don't piss off MIRAJANE'' so how does that work again.He rates her she rates Ezra..oh i know
he's your favorite charactor,lol.You need to temper your disappointment along with others.Go outside and
take part in the real world...yep,i think i might have done it with that one...could i care less at this point
not really.Not really but if i get banned for this and sexist comment get a ''bye'' then the mods should
really look at themselves,lmao.

Mira is the most off screen hybed character in Fairy Tail name one decent fight for her other than Mira Vs Freed ,which doesn't count since I don't really see Freed this much strong character in Fairy Tail.

What a Shounen has to do with anything here? answer my questions why all Erza fight must be a live or die fight ? Since its shounen why do you go that far then ?

Thank you for your brilliant post, but I already have a life " I skipped work today, but well I think they won't get mad for this.

Until you start accepting other people theories and opinions mods should only give you access to read other people posts and not to comment. I didn't have a problem with Gray winning against Ultear..there was a good reason for that. Ultear got distracted and she got 1 shot. That fight is still way better than Erza Vs Azuma and Erza Vs Kagura, and Erza Vs Minerva...oh sorry fight still didn't happen, but guess what it will be Erza Vs Azuma # 3

and why some of you guys say Minerva can't turn good, who knows maybe in the end of the fight Erza will remember that they took history class one day, and Erza helped Minerva solving her assignment.

and finally @kakashidad you know why Laxus is a beast while Erza is not even close ?

When Laxus took a step forward to hit Raven Tail....He trashed them all, and didn't exactly got smacked around before he shot lightning bolt out of his *** and 1 shot ever1.

He told Fried that he will take on both Mystogan n Erza, and I was like this guys is really full of it, Erza will own his ***, but well I'm sure he can manage against both of them. Since he only started fightining seriously against Natsu n Gajeel only.

Since you like taking words from random chapters how about Laxus Vs HADES, and Erza saying " Laxus were you this strong?", so she had no clue about Laxus strength here.

SerpentTailedAngel
January 21, 2013, 01:58 PM
This is the point where I piss people off by saying that I thought Mira has some really impressive battles in the Key to the Starry Heavens arc.

And you're still undervaluing other characters anyway. Erza dominated the Pandemonium incident.

Marche
January 21, 2013, 03:05 PM
My prediction for the chapter 316:
The title of the next chapter is “Accelerating to a doomed future”.
In this case there is the possibility that Charle could have another vision of the future, otherwise the Lucy of the future could awake and told the others about the future.
But most likely the princess and the minister, with perhaps even Crime Sorciere could do some comment about what the future that the Lucy of the future told them (we could know some detail of it).
Anyways I believe that just all the mischievous feelings of Hades and the others summoned Acnologia and make Zereff lose the importants of life, I think that all this bad feeling that happened in this tournament will summon Acnologia again.

If Erza would not be injured I believe that she would defeat Minerva, because I believe that Minerva can use her shield only near to her gloves (even if she can teletransport object that are distant with her, as she did with Lucy).
Minerva would be able to stop all the attack near her (since the english is not my first language I don’t know if I used the right term, what I want to mean is that she could repells all the attacks similar to this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/283/14.
Anyways Erza could use the armour that make her able to launch several swords at the same time, I think that she used that against Midnight.
In that case Minerva would be able to repell those swords, but she would focus on the swords that would arrive from above, this could leave an opportunity to Erza for do direct attack, in a similar way to what happened her in the threesome fight http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/312/13.

Unfortunetely considering that Erza has a leg badly injured, I don’t this could happened, so I believe that Minerva will eliminate Erza.
In the truth there is the possibility that someone will save Erza, will stop Minerva’s attack, I believe that the one who will do this will be one between Gray or Jura (in the truth there is the possibility that even Lyon could stop the attack, but I don’t think that he will do that).

P.S: Probably if I will have enough time I will write what I believe will happened after that in the thread “Exceptions and Hope for 2013”.
Anyways I want to know if you believe that Erza would defeat Minerva anyways or if you just like me believe that Minerva will eliminate Kagura or if someone will interrupt that fight.

Morlun
January 21, 2013, 03:22 PM
Sorry, on rechecking, this may just be Mangastream's translation of an ambiguous line. Kagura's clothes happen to be shredded in nearly the exact same places as Erza got cut, but she had most of those rips already except for the waist area.

OTOH, if Kagura outmatched Erza's speed armor, the fight makes even less sense than before. Siiiiigh :notrust The best you can say is Erza pulled the same speed-burst finisher on Ikaruga, but who wanted to see that upset again?

Well, IIRC, in the Ikaruga fight at least they gave a reasoning for why Erza won. :)

Oh, well, nevermind that. It was a disappointing ending to a promising fight, but I suppose soon enough we'll get something a bit more exciting.

Megadoomer
January 21, 2013, 10:29 PM
The reaction towards this chapter may be (from what I've gathered) negative, but I'll be honest: I thought the chapter was good, mainly because even though Kagura technically lost, she didn't become completely incompetent or lose all durability to do so. Her unsheathed sword had a ridiculous amount of strength, going by the damage it caused, so it wasn't hyped up for nothing.

The fight was more even than Erza's fight with Ikaruga (during the arc where Gerard was a villain), with both fighters landing attacks before the fight ended, which made it plausible that Erza could win in the end, and Kagura was still able to stand after what appeared to be a finishing blow (seeing as the armour she used lets her put all of her magic power into offense at the cost of having no defense, Azuma and Ikaruga couldn't stand up after a blow like that, and even Gerard was ultimately undone by one of Erza's attacks in that form, it's certainly impressive) - she was still seen as Erza's equal by the end, and the only reason she surrendered was because she lost the will to continue fighting Erza, which was understandable (finding out that someone who you wanted to kill saved you from a life of slavery would do that, I assume).

Plus, we got more backstory on one of the main characters, which doesn't happen all that often in this series (we still don't know what happened to Natsu prior to finding Igneel or after Igneel's disappearance, or what Gray's life was like before Deliora destroyed his hometown). Sure, Erza growing up in the same village as Simon might be a tad contrived, but it doesn't contradict anything that we've seen before, so I'm okay with it.

Besides, as far as the ending of the fight goes, what alternatives would there be, really? We saw the blood, so it's not like Erza could have dodged it. We knew that Erza was going to win because it would make more sense to have her fight Minerva as opposed to Kagura (someone needs to avenge Lucy's loss, after all) and she's a main character, and if she took a direct blow from the sword, then she'd be dead going by the hype that it's received. However, it would be anti-climactic if Kagura was beaten before the blow landed, so Erza blocking it seems like the best option.

At the very least, they both tanked each other's strongest attacks and it allows the two to remain equals, which is better than how these fights usually work out.

MechR
January 22, 2013, 04:51 AM
The trouble is they didn't look anywhere equal in the previous chapter. Kagura demolished Erza six ways from Sunday with barely a scratch. I could've bought (actually, was looking forward to) a chapter-long comeback where Erza digs deep and puts up a better fight before executing the big finish, but an instant one-shot is just cheap. Besides exploding the BS meter, it feels like I got cheated out of a spectacular fight. And it gives critics of the character and series that much more ammunition, which pains me as a fan.

On the bright side, there's a decent chance the anime will extend things. (It'd be even nicer if Mashima extended it in the volume release, but alas, I'm not holding my breath on that count.)

Megadoomer
January 22, 2013, 09:04 AM
The trouble is they didn't look anywhere equal in the previous chapter. Kagura demolished Erza six ways from Sunday with barely a scratch. I could've bought (actually, was looking forward to) a chapter-long comeback where Erza digs deep and puts up a better fight before executing the big finish, but an instant one-shot is just cheap. Besides exploding the BS meter, it feels like I got cheated out of a spectacular fight. And it gives critics of the character and series that much more ammunition, which pains me as a fan.

On the bright side, there's a decent chance the anime will extend things. (It'd be even nicer if Mashima extended it in the volume release, but alas, I'm not holding my breath on that count.)

Sure, Kagura cut through Erza's strongest defensive armour, but we never got a comparison between the two in terms of power (given that Erza's strongest armours are her Purgatory armour, the Armadura Fairy Armour, and that last resort armour, though the last one comes at the cost of having no defensive abilities). Besides, unlike the fight with Ikaruga, Kagura actually took some damage from Erza when she seemed to have Erza on the ropes (when she used the speed armour), and the fight wasn't decided with one attack from Erza - Kagura got up immediately after that hit, and if they didn't resolve their differences and Minerva hadn't interfered, their fight could have kept going. In my eyes, it was inconclusive, closer to a draw than anything, which is better than if Kagura suddenly lost all intelligence or power to allow Erza to win. (which happened a lot in the Grimoire Heart arc)

kakashidad
January 22, 2013, 12:51 PM
Mira is the most off screen hybed character in Fairy Tail name one decent fight for her other than Mira Vs Freed ,which doesn't count since I don't really see Freed this much strong character in Fairy Tail.

What a Shounen has to do with anything here? answer my questions why all Erza fight must be a live or die fight ? Since its shounen why do you go that far then ?

Thank you for your brilliant post, but I already have a life " I skipped work today, but well I think they won't get mad for this.

Until you start accepting other people theories and opinions mods should only give you access to read other people posts and not to comment. I didn't have a problem with Gray winning against Ultear..there was a good reason for that. Ultear got distracted and she got 1 shot. That fight is still way better than Erza Vs Azuma and Erza Vs Kagura, and Erza Vs Minerva...oh sorry fight still didn't happen, but guess what it will be Erza Vs Azuma # 3

and why some of you guys say Minerva can't turn good, who knows maybe in the end of the fight Erza will remember that they took history class one day, and Erza helped Minerva solving her assignment.

and finally @kakashidad you know why Laxus is a beast while Erza is not even close ?

When Laxus took a step forward to hit Raven Tail....He trashed them all, and didn't exactly got smacked around before he shot lightning bolt out of his *** and 1 shot ever1.

He told Fried that he will take on both Mystogan n Erza, and I was like this guys is really full of it, Erza will own his ***, but well I'm sure he can manage against both of them. Since he only started fightining seriously against Natsu n Gajeel only.

Since you like taking words from random chapters how about Laxus Vs HADES, and Erza saying " Laxus were you this strong?", so she had no clue about Laxus strength here.

Lol,i might have deserved that barbed swipe.but let's see if i can satify you.With my response...probably not,but
here goes.The point in me bringing up that it's ''Shounen'' title was because.This is how they work,period!lol.It's
aimed at a particular age group and we are probably outside of that,lol.

To seriously speculate and hypothosize on the why's and whatnot is quite frankly pointless.Mashima is just gonna
do what he wants.As for Mirajane been the most ''hyped'' charactor in FT is beside the point.Your hero bigs her up.
Who's to say that she will not be developed later and so prove your ''laxus'' right?The chances are that it may not
happen because there are favorite charactors.The writer would like and what the fans vote for?I'm no expert,lol.
She may have a starring role when FT finally takes on the final ballam alliance big gun ''TARTARUS''..who knows?

As for your question regarding Ezra fights been life and death battles.How the hell should i know..seriously mate.I
just read this i don't write it,lol.Could it be to show her fortitude,her unwavering will...?We've just seen it again,no?
You may not like it,but hey.

What makes you think i don't like or appreciate LAXUS.I think he's hardcore like yourself.But he's not the same ''angry''
charactor as he was before,now is he?Come on you know he's not.He's lost that anger and learnt ''humility''.

Raven Tail for all that they were.Could of imo been ''solo'd'' by Ezra,Natsu and dare i say Gray.Lmao.(That'll send you in
a tiss) But that's not to detract from what Lazus did.His battle with ''hades'' was awesome!! and showed him to be truly
S-class.Ezra was only spoken as maybe S-class.But why did laxus go out of his way to incapaciate(spelling,i'm lol) her.
When he went to take over the guild....seeing as you like to also pick and chose what to highlight as factual evidence
from this fictious manga....

I'm not here to fight,lol.It's just abit of fun,reading this title.To see grown men losing it is hilarious.It must be the english
humor i have.Why take it so seriously.Your age is still hidden,mind,lmfao.

Gandam style..loving that...looks dubious though.

ghostexiled
January 22, 2013, 05:00 PM
Let's all just take a break and cool your heads. We are here to have engaging conversations, not to try and destroy what other people say or think.

There is a saying, "Let's agree to disagree!" :)

hoeru
January 22, 2013, 09:47 PM
Very happy with the chapter esp. the part about Elsa and Kagura's past, until Minerva showed up. My guess is that were going to see some other fights now, and then it's going to be all fairies vs. Minerva at once. Elsa's power should be pretty much depleted, while her leg being injured (I guess).

And yeah, I'm already hearing that "friendship upgrade bullshit!" coming up in Mangahelpers' Fairy Tail subforum...

Let them be the underdog for once!
Or let them, I don't know... lose!

Mashima already fulfilled that wish: Elsa lost to, well, Jose. And vs. Racer and Kobra. Every once in a while, a FT main character loses. Be it Gray, or even Natsu.

Lol,i might have deserved that barbed swipe.but let's see if i can satify you.With my response...probably not,but
here goes.The point in me bringing up that it's ''Shounen'' title was because.This is how they work,period!lol.It's

No, wrong. Shounen titles are Shounen titles because they are published in a Shounen magazine, while those magazines may have a more or less completely different target audience while still aiming for biggest popularity.

And no: None of the Top selling manga actually had well-balanced fights recently.

MechR
January 22, 2013, 10:04 PM
Sure, Kagura cut through Erza's strongest defensive armour, but we never got a comparison between the two in terms of power (given that Erza's strongest armours are her Purgatory armour, the Armadura Fairy Armour, and that last resort armour, though the last one comes at the cost of having no defensive abilities).
Erza getting bowled over in that first clash was not a good sign though.

Besides, unlike the fight with Ikaruga, Kagura actually took some damage from Erza when she seemed to have Erza on the ropes (when she used the speed armour),
The only damage Kagura took in that exchange was a new belly-hole in her shirt, compared to Erza getting slashed on all limbs and across the torso without noticing. This is fine if it was damage-transfer magic like I first thought, but it's very bad news if she simply outdueled speed-armor Erza.

and the fight wasn't decided with one attack from Erza - Kagura got up immediately after that hit, and if they didn't resolve their differences and Minerva hadn't interfered, their fight could have kept going.I'm assuming Erza purposely hit her without cutting somehow, to avoid hurting Simon's sister too badly. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense for her to not even bleed from that hit, only to get casually stabbed through the kidney a moment later.

Morlun
January 23, 2013, 03:17 AM
And yeah, I'm already hearing that "friendship upgrade bullshit!" coming up in Mangahelpers' Fairy Tail subforum...

That would be silly. It is already established that in this universe, feelings power up magic. Complaining about it is the same as watching Lord of the Rings and saying "Oh, here comes the invisibility ring again! What a cheat!"

KingOfNight
January 23, 2013, 03:20 AM
That would be silly. It is already established that in this universe, feelings power up magic. Complaining about it is the same as watching Lord of the Rings and saying "Oh, here comes the invisibility ring again! What a cheat!"

Yes, but can we please skip the speeches ?

Ifrit
January 23, 2013, 04:35 AM

To seriously speculate and hypothosize on the why's and whatnot is quite frankly pointless.Mashima is just gonna
do what he wants.As for Mirajane been the most ''hyped'' charactor in FT is beside the point.Your hero bigs her up.
Who's to say that she will not be developed later and so prove your ''laxus'' right?The chances are that it may not
happen because there are favorite charactors.The writer would like and what the fans vote for?I'm no expert,lol.
She may have a starring role when FT finally takes on the final ballam alliance big gun ''TARTARUS''..who knows?

As for your question regarding Ezra fights been life and death battles.How the hell should i know..seriously mate.I
just read this i don't write it,lol.Could it be to show her fortitude,her unwavering will...?We've just seen it again,no?
You may not like it,but hey.

What makes you think i don't like or appreciate LAXUS.I think he's hardcore like yourself.But he's not the same ''angry''
charactor as he was before,now is he?Come on you know he's not.He's lost that anger and learnt ''humility''.

Raven Tail for all that they were.Could of imo been ''solo'd'' by Ezra,Natsu and dare i say Gray.Lmao.(That'll send you in
a tiss) But that's not to detract from what Lazus did.His battle with ''hades'' was awesome!! and showed him to be truly
S-class.Ezra was only spoken as maybe S-class.But why did laxus go out of his way to incapaciate(spelling,i'm lol) her.
When he went to take over the guild....seeing as you like to also pick and chose what to highlight as factual evidence
from this fictious manga....

I'm not here to fight,lol.It's just abit of fun,reading this title.To see grown men losing it is hilarious.It must be the english
humor i have.Why take it so seriously.Your age is still hidden,mind,lmfao.

Gandam style..loving that...looks dubious though.

I'm 26 years old, so now it's not hidden for you. I'm not angry at all, I want Fairy Tail to be the top manga out there, unlike you judging from your avatar Fairy Tail is not exactly your top1 manga, however for me it's the only Manga/Anime I watched/ Read ever, so all the other works did not attract my attention. With all respect to the other Mangas, I'm not bashing any of them.

I think there is nothing new in a character saying oh look this guys is strong or this is a beast, like when Makarov said " Her attack was so fast, that even he couldn't see it" . I've always ignored those panels as they mean nothing more than trying to raise a character in the Manga. I like to wait and see when the guy put in a corner and his limit is tested, lets see how he/she fights.

Perhaps if it were Erza or Natsu to fight against Raven Tail it will still end with an ***pull, and a meaningless 1 shot blow.

Although for Gray it's different. Gray fights on a different Level from Natsu n Erza, Gray always uses his head in battles. lets go through the last two fights shall we.

Gray Vs Ultear: Uses a live form of magic to lay a strike on Ultear " He found out her weakness here"

Gray Vs Rufus: Uses a fast creation magic to prevent his opponent from memorizing all his creation, to put him in UN-balance situation before striking him with a finishing blow.

This tells me Gray is a smart character, and always look for his opponent weakness, and don't use I WANT TO LIVE SPEECHES, SO THIS IS WHY I"LL WIN.

If I would to pick who should be the winner in the S-Class Arc, I chose Gray. He is surely a S-Class mage. Now compare his wins to Erza latest wins, and you judge your self.

As for picking a character in a manga that I like the most, has nothing to do with what I post or judge, Actually looking forward for Laxus Vs Orga or Laxus Vs Jura, is really exciting:

A: He is not a leading character, there is always 50% he either wins or lose.

B: His coming fights has nothing to do with life/death, so again it's better to look forward for a fight you don't know how its gonna end, than looking forward for a disappointment that you already know its gonna happen.

ONE LAST THING: Is it just me, or how come people actually convinced that Fairy Tail is suited for kids ? Since when Bikini and big boobs are kids material, what kinda of a mess up kid you're trying to raise here ?

SerpentTailedAngel
January 23, 2013, 05:25 AM
If you can just blow through a challenge with the power of feelings and plot and sometimes actual power, you don't need strategy. In any case, its Makarov who picks S-Class, and he picked no one. Since S-Class is an arbitrary title of which the qualifications vary from guild to guild, there's no way to say who certainly qualifies anyway. And it seems a little strange that you'd talk about how interesting Laxus' battles are, considering that his last match was him one shotting five villains from a much anticipated guild that had been dominating the Grand Magic Games-including the guild master-because he likes his new family more than he does his daddy.

(P.S. If we're judging by avatars, you make yourself look like a Laxus fanboy. You do make some good points, but at the same time it does look a bit like you're just defending a favorite character.)

Ifrit
January 23, 2013, 07:33 AM
If you can just blow through a challenge with the power of feelings and plot and sometimes actual power, you don't need strategy. In any case, its Makarov who picks S-Class, and he picked no one. Since S-Class is an arbitrary title of which the qualifications vary from guild to guild, there's no way to say who certainly qualifies anyway. And it seems a little strange that you'd talk about how interesting Laxus' battles are, considering that his last match was him one shotting five villains from a much anticipated guild that had been dominating the Grand Magic Games-including the guild master-because he likes his new family more than he does his daddy.

(P.S. If we're judging by avatars, you make yourself look like a Laxus fanboy. You do make some good points, but at the same time it does look a bit like you're just defending a favorite character.)

hehe, defending it ? for what ?

They dominated who exactly ? please tell me, what their strength meter here ? here let me help you:

1- They took out Wendy ? " Is Wendy that strong ?"

2-The guy trashed Gray in a game where you have only to touch your enemy to count a hit ? " Gray would've 1 shot his ass in a 1 Vs 1 Battle"

3- Flare taking out Lucy in well....you know " You should see her face seconds before Lucy almost cast her strongest spell she almost pee her pants"

4- The snake dude Vs The annoying dog character ?

Which one of those showed that they are strong ?

You're missing one point. When a character get outmatched by strength , but then he"Natsu" / She "Erza" comes back with a new strength from a friendship speech is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different from some1 trashed his enemy before he give the speech with a finishing blow.

KingOfNight
January 23, 2013, 08:59 AM
I can more or less understand Natsu, since his magic is also known as the "Flames of Emotion", (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7134-11/fairy-tail/chapter-19.html) but Erza...she just randomly gets up (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/237/5)...after getting kicked all over the place (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7206-14/fairy-tail/chapter-91.html), say the same speech about how her life doesn't belong to her (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/315/7) and how she's always protected. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/237/15) And at the end of the day, it's the exact (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7207-5/fairy-tail/chapter-92.html)...same (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/237/17)...result (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/315/10).

alisdfd
January 23, 2013, 11:08 AM
Seems like Erza saved her in childhood and looking to Kagura (torn up shirt .. she was so well dressed and eloquent :( ) condition after the fight it looks like the fight wasnt finished when Minerva stabbed Kagura... That Bitch... She is sure going down.. Sabertooth is back to number 1 with +5 points and yes now pulling a win by FT is an unexpected outcome of the tournament.....

These should not continue in next chapter as well.. want to see other fights ... cmon

i dont understand shouldn't minerva be disqualified for killing kagura

ghostexiled
January 23, 2013, 11:27 AM
^Minerva didn't kill Kagura... I am willing to bet she just wounded her enough to no longer be a real threat in the battle.

Off topic, regarding Laxus and is owning of Raven Tail... I have a belief that they lost on purpose in order for some ability to be involved in something more menacing.

Especially when we saw that little black demon escape from the Royal Guards that took away the members of Raven Tail.

I know that this very well may not be likely... but it is just something I feel is the case with such an easy win for Laxus.

kakashidad
January 23, 2013, 12:14 PM
No, wrong. Shounen titles are Shounen titles because they are published in a Shounen magazine, while those magazines may have a more or less completely different target audience while still aiming for biggest popularity.

And no: None of the Top selling manga actually had well-balanced fights recently.[/QUOTE]

Was that the only part of my post you disagreed with then,lol.Like ghost said ''lets agree to disagree'' I'll say it again
i'm not here to fight,but i won't take bullying either.lol.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I'm 26 years old, so now it's not hidden for you. I'm not angry at all, I want Fairy Tail to be the top manga out there, unlike you judging from your avatar Fairy Tail is not exactly your top1 manga, however for me it's the only Manga/Anime I watched/ Read ever, so all the other works did not attract my attention. With all respect to the other Mangas, I'm not bashing any of them.

I think there is nothing new in a character saying oh look this guys is strong or this is a beast, like when Makarov said " Her attack was so fast, that even he couldn't see it" . I've always ignored those panels as they mean nothing more than trying to raise a character in the Manga. I like to wait and see when the guy put in a corner and his limit is tested, lets see how he/she fights.

Perhaps if it were Erza or Natsu to fight against Raven Tail it will still end with an ***pull, and a meaningless 1 shot blow.

Although for Gray it's different. Gray fights on a different Level from Natsu n Erza, Gray always uses his head in battles. lets go through the last two fights shall we.

Gray Vs Ultear: Uses a live form of magic to lay a strike on Ultear " He found out her weakness here"

Gray Vs Rufus: Uses a fast creation magic to prevent his opponent from memorizing all his creation, to put him in UN-balance situation before striking him with a finishing blow.

This tells me Gray is a smart character, and always look for his opponent weakness, and don't use I WANT TO LIVE SPEECHES, SO THIS IS WHY I"LL WIN.

If I would to pick who should be the winner in the S-Class Arc, I chose Gray. He is surely a S-Class mage. Now compare his wins to Erza latest wins, and you judge your self.

As for picking a character in a manga that I like the most, has nothing to do with what I post or judge, Actually looking forward for Laxus Vs Orga or Laxus Vs Jura, is really exciting:

A: He is not a leading character, there is always 50% he either wins or lose.

B: His coming fights has nothing to do with life/death, so again it's better to look forward for a fight you don't know how its gonna end, than looking forward for a disappointment that you already know its gonna happen.

ONE LAST THING: Is it just me, or how come people actually convinced that Fairy Tail is suited for kids ? Since when Bikini and big boobs are kids material, what kinda of a mess up kid you're trying to raise here ?

Did you not see the mod step in and ask you to cool it....i can't be bullied here or anywhere else actually.Take
criticism It'll show that your evolved.How can you really think that you can control the narrative in an online
disscussion.Why would you think that i would let my kids,if i had any.Read this type of material? look how you
mocked up the kid in your ''dreyar style.

Just let it go.

The points you made about Gray are fair comment.You like what you like,that's good.You should not look down
on another opinion just because they are not feeling the same as you.Why is it ''i win''? that's kind of strange..as
if you don't win in life in general?Just an observation....please try not to take your stress out on me.You might as
well look in the mirror and have ago at yourself.

Laxus lost against hades,,,he won't lose against Orga.Did he use the same about of brain matter as GRAY when
he took down Raven tail?I don't think so.Strenght kind of won that,and intel from his Gramps.Provided by Gajeel.
So how is that different to lets say Ezra?..or even NATSU,lol.

My Avatar should not fool you into thinking that i don't rate FAIRY TAIL as a manga Ifrit..It just so happens that i
liked the picture of Sage Naruto.I'm done now.If you've more barbed comments you'll probably get both of us
banned.Is that what you want?Win at all cost...hmm,as if.

Have a nice day,sincerly.

redhairSH
January 23, 2013, 02:01 PM
Minerva is a strong mage, the fact that the other members on her team saying that the twin dragons don't even hold a candle to her just emphasizes the point, she blocked a lightning flame dragon attack like it was nothing, but now all she does is look weak every other time she's shown. She beat up lucy, a stellar spirit mage, only after taking away her stellar spirit keys, which is a smart move, but if she is a strong as she claims she shouldn't have bothered with that because they wouldn't have made a difference. She made a decent showing in the short 3 way battle with kagura and erza, but then shoots out some bs about being a king and leaves and makes them fight, only to come back and sneak attack a defeated opponent and brag that that's how a king fights. She has had decent build up, but all she's really done is attack weakened or defenseless opponents, she fought a stellar spirit mage with no stellar spirits, and stabbed an unarmed swordsman from behind, I so wanna see erza beat her face in, at least other enemies like sting, rogue, rufus, and orga are willing to actually fight someone, minerva just goes after defenseless people and brags about her strength, she seems way overrated instead of being sabertooths number 1

Marche
January 23, 2013, 02:54 PM
I really liked this chapter.
To tell you the truth I really can’t understand why there has been so many negative comments.
Infact even is it true that Erza was outclassed by Kagura, even if She had not draw her sword, Erza damage was not too great (at least the damage of her armour, for example infact Ikagura was able to destroy completely all Erza’s armour).
I was even sure that Erza would have not allow to Kagura to kill her so easily, because thanks to her dream around chapter 100 she discovered than that would have only bring pain to the others members of Fairy Tail.
I have to admit that I thought about Erza’s death, because at the end of the chapter 314 I did not see Erza’s sword, so I believed that she could not defense herself, but now I believe that most likely her sword was covered by her clothes.

Anyways I think than the clothes that Erza is wearing at the beginning of the chapter is not a real armour, for this reason I believe that here http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/315/6 Erza had all her magic power in her sword.
But I believe the real reason that has make able that Erza would be able to defense herself from Erza’s attack is the trajectory of Kagura’s attack.
Infact here Kagura was attacking KaguraKagura was attacking from the side, from left to right, for this reason I believe that was able to change the trajectory of the attack more easily, she was able to dampen the impact force and move it to her right more easily.
At the opposite if Kagura’s attack would be similar to this http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/314/6, with the only difference that it would came from top to bottom, I don’t think that Erza would be able to defend herself so easily, I believe that infact that she would be badly injured.

Anyways several users have complained about the fact that Kagura’s undrawn sword was hyped but then it was not so great.
I must say that I don’t agree with it, because infact Kagura’s attack was able to destroy several building, she has almost cut the city in half http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/315/5 (I was sure that it would be similar to Mihawk’s attack).
Beside in their second slash http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/315/10 Erza did not defeated Kagura with power, but with speed.
Beside that other to the fact that Erza put all her power in the attack (and with it even her speed of attack increased), I must say that we must count that Kagura had lost her control, She was at the mercy of emotions, of the hatred, for this reason her movements were less effective.

Anyways Kagura was still able to continue the fight, but then after discovering that Erza was of the same village and the Erza saved her, she lost the will of fight.
Anyways after what Kagura says here http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/81404703/19 “I need time to process all this information” I believe (in the truth I already thought this) that at the end of the tournament (or in the middle if as I believe Erza will be eliminated in the middle of it), Kagura and Milliana will ask Erza more informations, more details about Shimon death, and then after knowing that in the truth Gerard did not killed him, but in the truth Shimon decided to die for Erza, and most importantly that Gerard is no longer evil, that the Gerard that killed Shimon no longer exist I believe that both Milliana and Kagura will forgive him.

EMS
January 24, 2013, 10:59 AM
it's not a surprises to me if erza got a hard time vs kagura, she is one of the strongest(female) mage in the world while erza should be the number one soon or she might be number one already.

Ifrit
January 24, 2013, 01:41 PM
I can more or less understand Natsu, since his magic is also known as the "Flames of Emotion", (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7134-11/fairy-tail/chapter-19.html) but Erza...she just randomly gets up (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/237/5)...after getting kicked all over the place (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7206-14/fairy-tail/chapter-91.html), say the same speech about how her life doesn't belong to her (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/315/7) and how she's always protected. (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/237/15) And at the end of the day, it's the exact (http://www.mangareader.net/135-7207-5/fairy-tail/chapter-92.html)...same (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/237/17)...result (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/315/10).

hehe nice summarize, I thank you for that. here is my LIKE

Next time some1 argue about that, I'll just copy paste your post.

Kuza
January 24, 2013, 02:44 PM
By the way there is a little change in Erzas' motivation that I like. It's not nakama power up this time - it's gonna be rage power up :D

adbanginwar
January 24, 2013, 08:07 PM
hehe nice summarize, I thank you for that. here is my LIKE

Next time some1 argue about that, I'll just copy paste your post.

Master said couple of times that magic is heart. It grows if someone you like/love is in trouble. if emotions can cause powerup for natsu it can do so to erza as well. though emtions will help much more to him than it will do to erza.

DR.DOOM
January 24, 2013, 11:05 PM
Minerva is a strong mage, the fact that the other members on her team saying that the twin dragons don't even hold a candle to her just emphasizes the point, she blocked a lightning flame dragon attack like it was nothing, but now all she does is look weak every other time she's shown. She beat up lucy, a stellar spirit mage, only after taking away her stellar spirit keys, which is a smart move, but if she is a strong as she claims she shouldn't have bothered with that because they wouldn't have made a difference. She made a decent showing in the short 3 way battle with kagura and erza, but then shoots out some bs about being a king and leaves and makes them fight, only to come back and sneak attack a defeated opponent and brag that that's how a king fights. She has had decent build up, but all she's really done is attack weakened or defenseless opponents, she fought a stellar spirit mage with no stellar spirits, and stabbed an unarmed swordsman from behind, I so wanna see erza beat her face in, at least other enemies like sting, rogue, rufus, and orga are willing to actually fight someone, minerva just goes after defenseless people and brags about her strength, she seems way overrated instead of being sabertooths number 1

sorry but I have to say this Erza needs a beat down of her life. She keeps coming back with daft nakama power up even though she does not have any strength or power left in her. Mashima make this happen pls. I wouldn't mind Minerva killing erza. Someone from fairy tail needs to die and I think erza would suffice.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Don't understand why minerva stabbed in the kidney and not in the heart. Still puzzled on this.

NAM61
January 24, 2013, 11:33 PM
sorry but I have to say this Erza needs a beat down of her life. She keeps coming back with daft nakama power up even though she does not have any strength or power left in her. Mashima make this happen pls. I wouldn't mind Minerva killing erza. Someone from fairy tail needs to die and I think erza would suffice.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Don't understand why minerva stabbed in the kidney and not in the heart. Still puzzled on this.

erza is not diying she is a main character it is like rukia or orihime getting kiled in bleach not happening. also it is probably against the rules to kill some one that is why kagura was not killed. also erza is gonna win minerva has her friends captured and stabbed kagura in the back. minerva is not winning this

Krono
January 24, 2013, 11:46 PM

Because Minerva's objective is to win the game, not kill Kagura. Even if the tournament lacks rules about deliberately killing (we don't know whether or not they do) we've already seen that they frown heavily upon it. Killing Kagura like that could result in the judges intervening against Sabertooth. Failing that, while the tournament might risk people's lives, deliberately killing Kagura like that could still earn Minerva a murder charge. Even if she can get away with it without any sort of official reprisal, it'd turn the public against Sabertooth. Even if they got first place, the guild would lose more or less all respect, and with it a lot of business.

adbanginwar
January 24, 2013, 11:54 PM

That will kill the plot and you don't kill someone to kill entire manga plot. well unless you are reading naruto i.e.