PDA

View Full Version : Archived The Hang Out Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

karasu
June 11, 2006, 01:20 PM
[b][font=tahoma][color=green]Oohh, the Sex thread eh?

@Karasu: What an extremely sad pity. Miscarriage because of a "bad" backbone, that's something quite new to me.

uh..didn't really matter.. she did get pregnant for the second time and aborted it... real pity...
if the first one wasn't a miscarriage, the baby would still be aborted anyway... but maybe she'd be more careful and won't happen the second time..
it wasn't bad backbone i guess.. it's just that she's still too young, still going to school and do sports etc without knowing she's pregnant.. maybe that's the cause.. (she told me that her weak backbone was the problem coz some accidental injury when she was little.. no further question asked)

abdulahi
June 11, 2006, 03:35 PM
this really has turned to a sex thread hasnt it.

ok just to quickly add my view cos i wana.

as many of you said please use condoms. but i guess many people dont follow that lately, especially in england one of the worlds leading countries on teenage pregnancies, i think its second!?! and living in london the place where everything happen, i have come across many young females with children, from as little as 14. but she was lucky due an understanding family.

im a pro choice type person, but even i have limits, and i dont believe those under 16 have the maturity to even understand the fullness to sex, not just the pleasure side but the hole package.

a quick fact: there were over 180,000 legal abortions in England and Wales in 2003, a 3.2% rise from previews year. and its meant to have grown each year

more facts later

karasu
June 12, 2006, 12:10 AM
*grumbles* @ whoever started the consent age discussion...

oh it was me :darn

i really do believe that abortion is the wrong step.. they put on excuses like 'their future' and so on.. but i believe it's just their weakness and stupidity :(

Gold Knight
June 12, 2006, 12:40 AM
If this has turned into the Sex thread, we need more ladies here. All the testosterone in here isn't really my cup of tea >.<

karasu
June 12, 2006, 03:34 AM
did we scare them with our perversion?

Gold Knight
June 12, 2006, 04:32 AM
Probably!

Macan
June 12, 2006, 09:21 AM
Hmmm...Maybe they just want to hear more of our opinions I guess. :noworry

I really do believe that abortion is the wrong step.. they put on excuses like 'their future' and so on.. but i believe it's just their weakness and stupidity :(

I agree. :oh

a quick fact: there were over 180,000 legal abortions in England and Wales in 2003, a 3.2% rise from previews year. and its meant to have grown each year

My word, that's soooooo many. What's happen with UK these days?

abdulahi
June 13, 2006, 07:50 AM
did we scare them with our perversion?
scared who, im still here. :smile-big
just addind my view on abortions. i do believe its wrong but not always, in those cases where giving birth will effect the health of female, in my opinion its acceptable.

topic is slightly depressing no? feel for a new topic or is it just me :nerve

Gold Knight
June 13, 2006, 08:37 AM
Nobody can really say abortions are wrong or not. It all depends on survival, and if you're willing to live with the consequences. If the birth of a baby leads to nothing but death for that baby, and also puts the mother's life at risk in the process, then there's not really much room for discussion, is there?

Still, definitely best abortions are done way early on instead of at the last minute. I don't believe the baby becomes self-aware the moment it's been conceived.

Anyway, it's the mother's choice. She shouldn't be condemned for any decision she makes, since you never know what's going on with her whole life.

karasu
June 13, 2006, 05:34 PM
scared who, im still here. :smile-big

The FEmales :D "The Ladies" not "The Ladies

abdulahi
June 13, 2006, 06:19 PM
The FEmales :D "The Ladies" not "The Ladies
well we can give you, me and GK a sex change and presto we have females :D j/k

GK the way you put it (abortions) couldnt agree more. especially the final paragraph.

karasu
June 13, 2006, 06:28 PM
no thanks, i'll pass :D
i'm happy enough with having a dangling thing between my legs..

as a man..i don't condemn the mother side..
but the father side..
couldn't he stop her?
if he's well enough.. she wouldn't have to go through it..
my friend is quitting uni and getting a job..coz his baby was bornt last february..
i believe it's the right choice..rather than aborting it, act like nothing had happened and goes back to life as per normal..

Gold Knight
June 13, 2006, 08:21 PM
I didn't quite get all that I think, but if the father CAN take care of the baby, without the mother's help, and the mother knows he'd be a good father who would want the kid, the mother should definitely take that in consideration. Still her choice, though. She's the one who has to go thru the pain :P

karasu
June 13, 2006, 08:47 PM
i don't say "without the mother's help" though..
what i meant is that.. usually (generally speaking) women resort to abortion coz
1. the guy doesn't want a baby
2. the guy is not well enough (as in the ability to provide a living for mom and kid), i'm talking about teenage fathers without a job yet..
3. both parents still wanna go through school and other thing.. or both parents still wanna have fun..

if the daddy is capable of providing them good life.. why not?

Gold Knight
June 13, 2006, 10:34 PM
Unfortunately some guys just aren't meant to be fathers =/ I think some here who I've gotten to know would agree that they'd rather be in an orphanage than with a father who doesn't want 'em.

But anyway...

Brede
June 14, 2006, 03:10 AM
to abort or not to abort...that is the question. sometimes, its not just a matter of whether the father can provide for the family. can the girl cope being a mother? can the guy cope being a father? is the guy and girl willing and able to start a family together? of course, there are always other options apart from abortion, namely, giving up the child for adoption.

then we come to the question of quality of life over merely living. do you give birth to a child just to 'condemn' him or her to live life as an orphan or give birth in the hope that anything is better than a pre-mature death? personally, i think a life is still a life. if possible...the child should be given the chance to live. i know of a few childless couple who would/had jumped at the chance of welcoming an adopted child into their family.

the question becomes harder when the parents are 'asked' to make a choice of whether or not to keep the child, i.e. when the unborn baby is known to be crippled in some way. A family friend of ours had to make that choice when the doctor told them that the baby's brain was under-developed. The parents chose to continue with the pregnancy in the end. what would u have done? that's something I still can't bring myself to answer...

another scenario - a rape victim pregnant with the child of the rapist. I remember reading about a case like that happening in Ireland. What then? Should she be forced to bear the child?

Gold Knight
June 14, 2006, 12:29 PM
then we come to the question of quality of life over merely living. do you give birth to a child just to 'condemn' him or her to live life as an orphan or give birth in the hope that anything is better than a pre-mature death? personally, i think a life is still a life. if possible...the child should be given the chance to live. i know of a few childless couple who would/had jumped at the chance of welcoming an adopted child into their family.

I definitely can see where you're coming from there. Still, some orphanages around here are packed with kids. Another thing to consider is the quality of life, like you said (for example some of the poorest districts in Africa, the more kids you have there, the more kids that'll starve to death.) What's really more cruel, a life stopped before it starts, or a prolonged slow death with suffering? =/

the question becomes harder when the parents are 'asked' to make a choice of whether or not to keep the child, i.e. when the unborn baby is known to be crippled in some way. A family friend of ours had to make that choice when the doctor told them that the baby's brain was under-developed. The parents chose to continue with the pregnancy in the end. what would u have done? that's something I still can't bring myself to answer...

That's a pretty hard decision to make. One of my uncles was born that way too, sorta. He lived his whole life as a vegetable and died at around age 12. My dad's mother had five other boys to feed as well. Though it wasn't really a hard decision for my grandmother to make, since she was Catholic. Still, it was a tough life for her. My dad had to go to his grandparents' farm and help out there so that she had one less mouth to feed.

another scenario - a rape victim pregnant with the child of the rapist. I remember reading about a case like that happening in Ireland. What then? Should she be forced to bear the child?

In that case, whatever decision the mother makes definitely shouldn't be condemned, because I believe the rapist is totally responsible for whatever happens afterwards. The mother should have absolutely no guilt over whatever decision she goes with. Rapist's totally at blame for that one, and should also be considered a murderer as well.

karasu
June 14, 2006, 07:41 PM
yep..rapists all the way..

i mean.. to blame!! rapists to blame all the way!!
:D

if anyone did remember or ever heard of the riot in Jakarta May 1998..
where the chinese there are being attacked, slaughtered, robbed, and some were raped..
there's a lot who went pregnant and most of them abort the babies i think..
and some can't even take it and committed suicide..

Crimson
June 15, 2006, 02:15 AM
Wow, some heavy themes arising on this thread huh? Well personally, I believe that a persons view on abortion is entirely dependant on their beliefs regarding death. Being an Agnostic myself, (but yet having beliefs belonging to a myriad different religions and ways of life), I believe abortion is fine as long as the would be baby is removed before any form of consciousness is attained. After that, a fine line is drawn between life and death. IMO, there are far worse things than death and if the baby would be coming into a world of sorrow, pain, torture (i.e. like being born a vegetable), then their better off not coming at all. Then again I beieve in reincarnation, so to me, that poor soul will be back anyway, and that terminated birth changed that souls karma, to possibly allow it to be born into the physical world in a completely different situation. Seeing as how only a select few people in the world believe in reincarnation, I can see how the topic is so controversial, lol

Tanuki-dono
June 16, 2006, 06:36 PM
Wow, agreed about the subject of abortion. Heavy stuff. I don't even know where to begin, I'm so torn on different angles. It would be an interesting Thread to get going, though. But I don't even know the legal lines in this one. Morally and idealistically, I'm against it. But nothing in that black and white.

Brede
June 19, 2006, 11:42 PM
erm...time to change the subject? What's the best potato dish/food you've ever tried?

karasu
June 20, 2006, 01:21 AM
woa? potato can be eaten/cooked? i didn't know that

um...fries?

Brede
June 20, 2006, 01:31 AM
lol...yes karasu, potato can be eaten! (except maybe when it is rotten) even the skin is edible. i've heard ppl eat/use the potato skin for stomach ailments to acne. any traditional potato dishes from indonesia?

karasu
June 20, 2006, 02:38 AM
apparently i'm not a big potato fan :D
we have.. um..potato braised in sweet soy with chicken or fish..chili potato..etc..
personally, the best use of potato in indonesia is for a snack.. traditional fried chips with very hot sauce.. :D

why are we talking about potato after abortion stuff? anything about abortion remind you about potato? :D
as i told you before..my ex gf had an abortion before, so..maybe i can quote you what she said about it? the process and what gets thrown away?

Macan
June 20, 2006, 03:25 AM
why are we talking about potato after abortion stuff? anything about abortion remind you about potato? :D
as i told you before..my ex gf had an abortion before, so..maybe i can quote you what she said about it? the process and what gets thrown away?

It's because the topic is been around quite too long in the thread so it's time we need some fresh air (and some fresh topic to talk about). :grin2

Back to Brede's question. Well the best potato dish I've ever tried is none other than mashed potato. Whether it's from KFC, Kenny Rogers or my mom's cooking I love em all. Just can't resist the soft texture and the gravy that comes with it. :crying :crying :crying

abdulahi
June 20, 2006, 08:36 PM
wow come back to hang out thread to spam more on abortions to find potato discussion!!!!! odd but fair.

to stay in line with your question brede, i would say i love new baby potatos boiled with a hint of salt, add to any meal and its a winner for me. also love jersey royal potatos. and if i may say, potatos can really add extra flavour and texture to curry if USED RIGHT.

karasu
June 21, 2006, 10:56 AM
i was too tired i read dula's post as " i would say i love baby boiled with a hint of salt, add to any meal and its a winner for me"
i was a bit shocked there..

speaking of which..
i was trying to find something about death note movie in youtube..
hoping to find someone's bootleg..since it was out last saturday..
i found one video instead.. where one band guy..i forgot his name..
his bandmate was picking up beers from the fridge, when out of the blue this guy pulls a gun and shot his mate..
then he directed the camera to himself .. and shot himself in the head..
i was like..wtf? and turns out, there's a lot of suicide videos in youtube..
i for one am freaked out with this.. though i've been at times where i wanna do it myself..
but.. in front of the camera?

comments?

Ayah
June 21, 2006, 12:15 PM
First, are you sure it's an actual suicide video? Second, who could have uploaded that video and what is that person's relation to the one who commited murder AND suicide? :headscratch Third, I find it shocking and bizarre to read about this (who wouldn't). I guess the killer wanted everyone to know that he did it; out of what, I definitely don't know. Maybe taping oneself in the act beats writing a confession and suicide note to that person?

lee-nus
June 21, 2006, 12:23 PM
damn, what the hell...?!
i had no idea there are vids like that at youtube! sounds sick and gross... really can't see why anyone would want the world to see one commit suicide... did you report it or something?

Daioten
June 21, 2006, 12:25 PM
yikes... from abortion to suicide... Seems it isn't possible to get off the depressing subjects. :(

Anyway, It doesn't surprise me at all that people would put suicide videos on youtube. Suicide is often caused by a person feeling that they arent wanted and loved, and alot of times suicide is a way of desperately reaching out for attention. Most people who commit suicide really want to be helped, but too often people around them don't notice that the person is depressed and considering suicide untill it's far too late. Once the person feels that there is no way that they can recieve love and attention through normal means, they move on to their final, biggest cry for help and attention, which is their suicide. The internet just gives them a way to have their deaths get the attention of the entire world, and that attention is really all they wanted to begin with.

lee-nus
June 21, 2006, 12:33 PM
yeah, i guess there's some truth to that... but still...

Ayah
June 21, 2006, 01:16 PM
I've heard about people commiting suicide like what Daioten has already said. What caught my attention is that suppose the person commiting suicide died (as opposed to failed suicide attempts), who could have uploaded those videos to YouTube and why? If it turned out to be a failed attempt, one may assume that the person who is in the video uploaded it as a means of getting attention.

Another point that struck me with karasu's story is that what he saw also documented murder.

karasu
June 21, 2006, 05:41 PM
i dunno if it's real or not..looks real to me...

J.C. of the Cole Kane Review kills his bandmate Eddie, then turns the gun on himself.

Note: This film has been changed to black and white to lessen it's graphic nature

http://youtube.com/watch?search=death+note&v=G0cjtFRNnLg
you have to be a member to watch it though...
it's of the "inappropriate content"

rykarreolacr
June 21, 2006, 07:01 PM
That can't possibly be true!!!!!!
OMFG!!! I almost threw up.
Guys, don't watch that wideo!!!
Fuck!!!

karasu
June 21, 2006, 08:14 PM
:wtf you're making me feel like i'm spreading a virus or something :(

rykarreolacr
June 21, 2006, 09:36 PM

It's not like that...
But damn!!! Those two guys are dead!!! They used to have a life!!!

Brede
June 21, 2006, 11:13 PM
yikes... from abortion to suicide... Seems it isn't possible to get off the depressing subjects. :(

it looks that way :eyeroll

anywayz...suicide...attention seeking or glorified self-pity? if ppl are posting their suicide videos on the web...it seems to be a case of the latter. if serial killers and rapists and child molesters chooses to off themselves...so much the better. then again, such a quick death might be too good for them. but generally...when i think of the multitude of ppl that don't even have a chance to live (casualties of war, victims of famine and poverty), suicide just cannot be justified. i truly believe that each of us have a purpose in life if for nothing more than to bring a smile to 1 person. killing yourself when you have been given the chance to live...is an insult to those who don't have that luxury.

then...we wander into the grey area of mercy killing...euthanasia...

rykarreolacr
June 21, 2006, 11:42 PM
Suicide is for cowards!!! A real man (or woman) has to face his problems and deal with them. Suicide is just a cheap way to escape.

then...we wander into the grey area of mercy killing...euthanasia...

About euthanasia, I totally agree with it. Is being a vegetable being alive? C'mon, there are thousands of people around the world that die of hunger, and you just make a scandal 'coz they disconected oxigen or food to a man/woman who has been in a state of complete isolation (no seeing, no hearing, no eating, no thinking) for 20 years.
If that'd be my situation, kill me and give my organs to somebody who has the chance to actually live.

Macan
June 22, 2006, 04:48 AM
it looks that way :eyeroll

Indeed.... :amuse

killing yourself when you have been given the chance to live...is an insult to those who don't have that luxury.

Suicide is for cowards!!!

YEAH! I agree with both of you. :beer

Sometimes the excessive fear of failure also can drive someone to commit suicide. There is this girl, just finished her exam and waiting for the results. She's really afraid that she will fail the exam and the next thing you know she drank a bottle of pesticides and died. When the results came out, she actually pass the exam. Sound stupid isn't it. That is why suicides is not just a cowardly act but also it's the most stupid thing to do.

God has given us, humans, minds to think and to differentiate what is bad and what is good and yet some of us just don't use it properly and ended up wasting themselves. If they have problems, there is always appropriate solution to it and yeah, how can we know this person needs help if the person doesn't tell us? I know because I have the habit of keeping problems to myself even if it's a big ass problem but when it is unbearable anymore, it doesn't hurt to tell the problem to someone you trust. Even though it sometimes doesn't solve anything at least you feel less burden with the problem thus you'll be thinking less and less about commiting suicide.

give my organs to somebody who has the chance to actually live.

I'll do the same if I'm a vegetable for 20+++ years but I think my family wouldn't agree with that. They rather wait until I died naturally. Balls anyone? :jk

white silver
June 22, 2006, 08:21 AM
[b][font=tahoma][color=green]I don't know about you guys, but there are times where I was nearly tempted to commit suicide (standing on the balcony, holding a kitchen knife, etc). I know it's very shameful but for some reason I just thought like you and decided that life really does suck, it's really easy to say to not commit suicide, but I can tell you, if you were pushed over the edge, you'll think differently, waaaay differently, common sense is already disappeared, all you see is grey. But with a strong mind and will to live, you can overcome this tempatation. Be strong guys! :)

lee-nus
June 22, 2006, 08:30 AM

damn, that was sick! its not ur fault, though... we all chose to watch it... but man, that's some freaky shit

rykarreolacr
June 22, 2006, 05:16 PM
[b][font=tahoma][color=green]I don't know about you guys, but there are times where I was nearly tempted to commit suicide (standing on the balcony, holding a kitchen knife, etc). I know it's very shameful but for some reason I just thought like you and decided that life really does suck, it's really easy to say to not commit suicide, but I can tell you, if you were pushed over the edge, you'll think differently, waaaay differently, common sense is already disappeared, all you see is grey. But with a strong mind and will to live, you can overcome this tempatation. Be strong guys! :)

That happens to most of us, sometimes in our life, especially during teenage...
I clearly remember I once held a kitchen knife very close to my chest. Then I thought of my family, and I couldn't believe I was even thinking about doing something like that.

karasu
June 22, 2006, 07:28 PM
i had cutters..
it wasn't sharp enough :(

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
June 24, 2006, 08:20 AM
I once contemplate jumping from a cliff when i went hiking to a mountain. Good thing I didnt jump, it'll probably hurt when i land.

karasu
June 24, 2006, 09:53 PM
let's switch topic..
what were you thinking everytime you poop? :D
and don't go back to suicide again :p

one person told me when i was small that you have to enjoy every moment you poop..
he told me that when you grow up.. food you eat would determine how you feel when you poop..
maybe because of that.. i'm enjoying every time i let out good poops (yeah, like shinchan did :D)

what the hell have i been smoking?

white silver
June 25, 2006, 03:18 AM
[b][font=tahoma][color=green]Speaking of poop, my classmate once asked the teacher whether he uses tissue or water to clean his butt. Of course, the teacher didn't give a very direct answer yet my classmate continued that they current toilet tissues suck so much that when you wipe your ass with it some of the material gets stuck and it doesn't really clean it, hahaha (I was laughing to death that time and a other people was well)

He was sent to the disicipline room soon after!!

karasu
June 25, 2006, 07:10 AM
lol..
indonesians use water though..
it was a pain transition when i moved to singapore..
they all used tissue paper..
and so is australia...

my cousin has just installed water jet on our toilet..
man.. it brings back a lot of memories :D and joy :p

white silver
June 25, 2006, 07:29 AM
lol..
indonesians use water though..
it was a pain transition when i moved to singapore..
they all used tissue paper..
and so is australia...

[b][font=tahoma][color=green]I believe there are toilets that do the special cleaning for you now! A bit expensive though! HAHAHAAH What about making a poll, "How do you clean your ass, water, tissue or both!

karasu
June 25, 2006, 09:35 AM
that'd be good..
market research!! :D

business plan:
Phase1. Research toilet..
Phase2.
Phase3. Profit!

rykarreolacr
June 25, 2006, 10:57 AM
[b][font=tahoma][color=green]HAHAHAAH What about making a poll, "How do you clean your ass, water, tissue or both!

I've used toilet paper and then water for all my life. It is the only way I feel clean down there! :grin

Know whatcha mean! After I moved to Costa Rica, I've been using the shower... :tem

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
June 25, 2006, 05:40 PM
I personally prefers water over paper anyday. Taking a dump is a one of my morning rituals. It feels good when u get up in the morning and getting it all out of your system. If I can make a suggestion, I highly recommends eating fruits and vegetables, not only that they got lots of fibers, they're also good for your digestive system.

white silver
June 25, 2006, 07:42 PM
I personally prefers water over paper anyday. Taking a dump is a one of my morning rituals. It feels good when u get up in the morning and getting it all out of your system. If I can make a suggestion, I highly recommends eating fruits and vegetables, not only that they got lots of fibers, they're also good for your digestive system.

[b][font=tahoma][color=green]Good Advice, I drink lots of papaya juice to make the poop feel refreshing and easy. Diahrreah (shit I don't know how to spell it) poo is 2nd to the worst, the worst one is that you eat a lot of spicy foods and your ass burns like hell when you poop!

Brede
June 25, 2006, 10:58 PM
[b][font=tahoma][color=green]Good Advice, I drink lots of papaya juice to make the poop feel refreshing and easy.

you make it sound like a shampoo ad! must agree with ichi on the fruits and vege. another way is to drink like a litre of water first thing in the morning. its called the water therapy (*doh*) and is said to be good for a hosts of things from gastric to losing weight. Literally flushing stuff out from your insides. BUT its NOT good if you have to be somewhere far from toilets after that...

@Macan: looks like we managed to get away from the depressing topics after all :smile-big

karasu
June 25, 2006, 10:59 PM
the discussion topic i proposed was "what were you thinking during poop-time" :blink

CheckMate
June 25, 2006, 11:27 PM
the discussion topic i proposed was "what were you thinking during poop-time" :blink

haha, very obvious..

1. naruto
2. world cup
3. assignment

Brede
June 25, 2006, 11:29 PM
sorry karasu. erm...what do i think about when i poop...depends very much on where i am :toilet
if its a yucky toilet...i'll probably think about how gross the toilet is and why oh why did i have go poop then... :Haha if i'm at home, i'm probably reading a book anyway...in the office, thinking about my work...

Macan
June 26, 2006, 12:10 AM

I think about:

-Going to my favourite cyber cafe
-Playing counterstrike :guns
-Downloading manga
-Where to window shopping
-When naruto fillers will end. :mad
-Aircraft carriers. :blink

@Brede:Finally. :eyeroll

karasu
June 26, 2006, 12:16 AM
i'm always thinking of the future..somehow..
imaginary futures..
where i'm the richest young tycoon in the whole universe.. :D

rykarreolacr
June 26, 2006, 12:20 AM
I read the newspaper, do homework and think about anything.

But most of all: I think about girls.
Now, don't start thinking weird things... I'm a young and healthy man after all!!! :grin

Brede
June 26, 2006, 03:13 AM
do homework

:Haha how do you manage that? what if your paper gets :toilet ?
oh yeah...while we're on this subject...i've just found out that not everyone can squat with both feet flat on the floor. i thought it was just my freaky sister that can't...then i found another friend who (despite years of yoga) can't squat like that either...
Now what does this have to do with pooping... well, the explanation my friend gave me (an English btw) is that most Asians can squat like that because they are used to squatting toilets. Europeans, generally, do not use squatting toilets and therefore, they are not used to squatting with both feet flat on the floor. SO...how do you squat?

rykarreolacr
June 26, 2006, 03:24 AM
:Haha how do you manage that? what if your paper gets :toilet ?

That has never happened, thank God :grin

About the squatting thing: WTF? Is there another way besides having both feet flat on the floor??!!
I can't imagine!! Is your sis from another planet? :grin

Brede
June 26, 2006, 03:57 AM
About the squatting thing: WTF? Is there another way besides having both feet flat on the floor??!!
I can't imagine!! Is your sis from another planet? :grin

as in they actually squat tip-toe-ing (resting on the front/toe part of the feet)

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
June 26, 2006, 08:18 AM
When i took a dump, i'm usually still sleepy. But I like to think about what I'm gonna do today, like when's the right time to go to work (to avoid traffic), what am i gonna do after i take a shower (play games or sleep).

Squatting, eh? I personally dont have any problem sitting or squatting.

karasu
June 26, 2006, 09:01 AM
nope we don't tip toe..we're squatting with both feet flat on the surface :D
serious..no joking..
most places in indonesia uses european style toilet nowadays..
but there're still places, malls, houses, and etc.. they still use the squatting toilet..
one of my toilets at home is squatting toilet too.. :p

Macan
June 26, 2006, 11:16 PM
I'd prefer the squatting toilet over the european style toilet because everytime I take a dump using the squatting toilet, I feel some satisfaction with it. :grin2

The only problem with squatting toilet is when you squat too long you'll get leg cramps. :grin2

Brede
June 27, 2006, 02:59 AM
i don't know if we're putting off others with this topic :eyeroll but anywayz...

@karasu & Ryka: i'm serious, there are actually ppl that can't squat with both feet flat on the floor. I couldn't believe it either. At first it was just my sis. she actually topples over if both feet are flat on the floor. then this english fren of mine... :blink

on the squatting and sitting loo...makes no difference to some ppl...since they have perfected the art of SQUAtting on sitting toilets. I am not making this up. I have walked into public loo to find shoe prints on the toilet rim...how the ladies manage it with their high heels still eludes me to this day. safe to say i have not brought myself to try. why? a family fren told us how a fren of his squatted on a sitting toilet...either the loo was too old or the guy was too heavy...the loo broke and the guy fell and got stuck in the loo... :smile-big

Gold Knight
June 27, 2006, 03:06 AM
Wtf... XD

I've certainly missed something here for sure...

EDIT: From abortion to potato to suicide (yikes) to poop / toilets. WOW. Talk about a bizarre line of topics. XDDDDDD

Brede
June 27, 2006, 03:45 AM
Wtf... XD

I've certainly missed something here for sure...

join in the fun GK :kukuku so, can you squat with both feet flat on the floor?

Macan
June 27, 2006, 04:07 AM
on the squatting and sitting loo...makes no difference to some ppl...since they have perfected the art of SQUAtting on sitting toilets. I am not making this up. I have walked into public loo to find shoe prints on the toilet rim...how the ladies manage it with their high heels still eludes me to this day. safe to say i have not brought myself to try. why? a family fren told us how a fren of his squatted on a sitting toilet...either the loo was too old or the guy was too heavy...the loo broke and the guy fell and got stuck in the loo... :smile-big

Wtf? I can't believe it. Maybe they will take off their high heels first and then squat on the sitting toilet. :grin2

rykarreolacr
June 27, 2006, 05:51 AM
I finally understood what a squat toilet is!!!
I had to google it!
WTF??!! You asians are insane!!!!
Taking a dump is about relaxing!!! How can you poop like that? Seems so hard to me!!! :grin

* If one is not balanced properly, or the floor of the toilet is moist, one can easily slip and fall;
* The toilet and the floor around it can be soiled by diarrhea or simply bad aim;
* Problematic for people with osteoarthritis of the knee;
* Splatter on legs and feet;
* Inconvenient when wearing pants that don't slip off over shoes;
* One could get leg cramps;
* If toilet paper is used where there is no flushing system installed, it is easy for the inexperienced user to clog the
toilet. Those unfamiliar with the squat toilet should be sure to ask the location of the flushing bucket before
attempting use. These buckets flush the toilets manually like a tank would.

Gold Knight
June 27, 2006, 07:34 AM
LoL, I just wikipedia'ed squat toilets. Whoa. Never had to do that, thankfully.

But to answer Brede's question, yes. I did a lot of squats - IN football workouts ;)

Brede
June 27, 2006, 09:56 AM
@ ryka & GK: welcome to the world of squatting toilets :kukuku sorry, i should have explained what they were. forgot that its not commonly found in the west. its still fairly common in asia. ryka, if you think squatting toilets are hard, in some parts of rural China, the toilet is essentially 1 long drain with a low wall partition. No cubicles, no doors. The flushing is done...periodically... GK, your squatting exercises will come in handy when you visit this part of the world :grin

Wtf? I can't believe it. Maybe they will take off their high heels first and then squat on the sitting toilet. :grin2

no...don't think so. there are shoe prints on the toilet rim! the whole point of squatting on the sitting toilet is to 'avoid' having to sit on the 'dirty' toilet rim...i think...go figure...

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
June 27, 2006, 12:57 PM
LoL, I just wikipedia'ed squat toilets. Whoa. Never had to do that, thankfully.

But to answer Brede's question, yes. I did a lot of squats - IN football workouts ;)
Well, maybe you can try squatting toilets, it'll do wonders on your football skills. :D

white silver
June 27, 2006, 07:43 PM
I finally understood what a squat toilet is!!!
I had to google it!
WTF??!! You asians are insane!!!!
Taking a dump is about relaxing!!! How can you poop like that? Seems so hard to me!!! :grin

* If one is not balanced properly, or the floor of the toilet is moist, one can easily slip and fall;
* The toilet and the floor around it can be soiled by diarrhea or simply bad aim;
* Problematic for people with osteoarthritis of the knee;
* Splatter on legs and feet;
* Inconvenient when wearing pants that don't slip off over shoes;
* One could get leg cramps;
* If toilet paper is used where there is no flushing system installed, it is easy for the inexperienced user to clog the
toilet. Those unfamiliar with the squat toilet should be sure to ask the location of the flushing bucket before
attempting use. These buckets flush the toilets manually like a tank would.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]You said it Ryk! One time there was this big emergency with me and my friend to do our "Mother Nature" stuff. This squat toilet was our only option. Realizing that pooping in that position is very awkward, there are two sidebars for you to rest your arms upon when you umm.. poop. Well, very uncomfortable, since you're breaking a lot of sweat trying to do it! Hmm... new exercise regimen.

Gold Knight
June 27, 2006, 09:03 PM
Incidentally, in the West, if we have to go at, say, a gas station bathroom, some of us might cover the rim with toilet paper before sitting on it. So I guess that's our way of avoiding direct contact with it.

Tanuki-dono
June 27, 2006, 09:52 PM
Hehe. I'm a girl, so if you find it a bit odd for me to be participating in this conversation, so be it. :D When we were little and my parents were building our house, my dad set concrete blocks in the woods for us to go in. >.>

Gold Knight
June 27, 2006, 10:44 PM
Brede's a girl too! I think =O

Concrete blocks, hehe. Hopefully you had real toilet paper and didn't have to use leaves, at least...

white silver
June 27, 2006, 10:52 PM

Concrete blocks, hehe. Hopefully you had real toilet paper and didn't have to use leaves, at least...

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Leaves?? I hope they don't use the wrong leaves (poison Ivy, etc). By the way, the public toilets in H.K. are uber digusting. Not only are they dirty and stinky but there is no toilet paper so some people use "newspapers". Umm... I leave that imagination to you!

Gold Knight
June 27, 2006, 11:01 PM
Well, that puts Hong Kong off my list of places I want to visit =/

Brede
June 27, 2006, 11:02 PM

yes i am GK...and I'm proud of it :whoo go Tanuki! :occa

real toilet paper and didn't have to use leaves

what's wrong with leaves? very environmentally friendly you know :grin

Macan
June 28, 2006, 12:33 AM
no...don't think so. there are shoe prints on the toilet rim! the whole point of squatting on the sitting toilet is to 'avoid' having to sit on the 'dirty' toilet rim...i think...go figure...

High heels+squatting on a sitting toilet= A new method for girls to tone & strengthen their hips, thighs & legs. Wouldn't it be easier to clean the rims with water? ;)

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]By the way, the public toilets in H.K. are uber digusting. Not only are they dirty and stinky but there is no toilet paper so some people use "newspapers". Umm... I leave that imagination to you!

Is it a free public toilet or a paid one? But then again it couldn't be helped coz HK is a very crowded place and I think there's not enough public toilet there. :darn

what's wrong with leaves? very environmentally friendly you know :grin

Nothing wrong with that. It just that it's uncomfortable to use leaves and you'll never know when something lurks behind the leaves (worms, ants etc) :s. It's much more practical to use toilet paper or newspaper. :)

Brede
June 28, 2006, 12:44 AM
at this rate...we'll turn away a lot of would-be tourists to this part of the world :wtf
GK, there are sitting toilets here and not all of them are so disgusting...you can always run to a nearby hotel to use their loo... :grin

Gold Knight
June 28, 2006, 12:53 AM
I'll keep that in mind... ;D

What part of Malaysia do you live in, btw? Closer to Singapore or..?

Brede
June 28, 2006, 05:12 AM
i'm on the same 'island' as Eileen :knk

Gold Knight
June 28, 2006, 07:10 AM
Have you guys met?

white silver
June 28, 2006, 07:44 AM
Is it a free public toilet or a paid one? But then again it couldn't be helped coz HK is a very crowded place and I think there's not enough public toilet there. :darn

[b][font=verdana][size=1]Lol, it wouldn't be public if you had to pay with it. If I have a digital camera I'm going to take a picture of the most disgusting public toilet ever. No modern toilet bowls but an actual canal! So keep your eyes peeled for kunai's updates!

BTW, I meant to say public toilets in market areas are disgusting, don't worry [color=red]GK there's still some decent toilets here (Fast food shops, hotels, etc)

karasu
June 28, 2006, 08:12 AM
lol i remember one time my dad went to china..
he heard this rumours that the toilets are super dirty and disgusting..
so he went to the toilet..a restaurant one..
to his surprise..it was european style sitting toilet..
(with a sign.. no squatting on the toilet.. of course)
and it was clean..like untouched.. so he happily poo there..
when he finished with his business.. he just noticed that the water bucket (the place for water to wash off the butt)was full of crap...
so his deduction was that they couldn't squat on the toilet..so they pooed the bucket..

CheckMate
June 28, 2006, 08:15 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Leaves?? I hope they don't use the wrong leaves (poison Ivy, etc). By the way, the public toilets in H.K. are uber digusting. Not only are they dirty and stinky but there is no toilet paper so some people use "newspapers". Umm... I leave that imagination to you!

well, well you should have seen Indonesia's public toilets.

it's not even a toilet I would say.

it's a... prison :D

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
June 28, 2006, 09:58 AM
well, well you should have seen Indonesia's public toilets.

it's not even a toilet I would say.

it's a... prison :D
Then you should see the toilet inside the prison cell, it's worse. :smile-big

CheckMate
June 28, 2006, 10:05 AM
Then you should see the toilet inside the prison cell, it's worse. :smile-big

nah.. that's hell :p

rykarreolacr
June 28, 2006, 10:07 AM
I would have never thought that taking a dump in Asia could be such a catastrophic activity.
How do you guys manage to live trough the day?
How do you manage to squat *let's say* at 6 o clock, just waked up, when you barely manage to stay on your feet?

The Boff
June 28, 2006, 10:21 AM
I would have never thought that taking a dump in Asia could be such a catastrophic activity.

now that's a sentence you dont read every day.... LOL!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
June 28, 2006, 12:25 PM
How do you guys manage to live trough the day?
How do you manage to squat *let's say* at 6 o clock, just waked up, when you barely manage to stay on your feet?
IMO, it's a great way to start ur day, u woke up half conscious, and u go to the bathroom, take a dump, squatting, blood stop flowing to your feet, after u finish, u stand up, blood rushing to ur feet, kinda jump-starting ur blood flow (or resulting in an embarassing situation you dont want anyone to know).

white silver
June 28, 2006, 09:27 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]It seems everyone is in the impression that Asia has a lot of squat toilets. Here's the thing, there are more European style toilets than squat toilets. I think that squat Toilets are cheaper, which is why they continue to exist!

Macan
June 28, 2006, 10:57 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Lol, it wouldn't be public if you had to pay with it.

Well here, in certain places (shopping complexes, bus terminal etc) we have to pay everytime we want to go to the public toilets. Not much just MYR 0.20-0.30 per entry. The money will probably used by the building's management for maintaining the cleanliness of their building's toilet. The only place that I know which you don't need to pay for the toilet and still get a clean toilet is the KLCC and the Berjaya Times Square building. :amuse

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, KLCC also provide a so-called 5 star toilet but you need to pay MYR 2.00 for it. Crazy huh? :oh

@ryka: It's not as catastrophic as you think because some of us have got used to squat toilet ever since we know how to used the toilet properly (me included). It's a matter of personal preference actually, some have got used to sitting toilet and some have got used to the squat ones. :smile-big

From my observation, sitting toilets in the big cities and towns outnumbered the squat ones while squat toilets in small towns and rural areas outnumbered the sitting toilets. Most squat toilets I've seen have the same flush system as the sitting toilets albeit it's an old fashioned one ( the ones you see in the film godfather when Michael Corleone took a revolver from the back of the flush tank at the italian restaurant). :pwned

Brede
June 28, 2006, 11:20 PM

aaaah, ryka-san, that's why the squat toilet is the best no-fail wake-up system. and its helps to save electricity: ppl can't squat too long = ppl don't stay in toilet too long, i.e. reading, doing homework :grin = don't have to keep the toilet light switched on for too long = saves on electricity :turtle

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
June 29, 2006, 03:34 PM
@Brede: That's a great way of looking at it. Cool!

Gold Knight
July 01, 2006, 12:59 AM
When are you guys gonna talk about something other than toilets around here? :p

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
July 01, 2006, 01:16 AM
Ok, why don't we talk about breakfast. What's ur favorite breakfast? I like to have a big breakfast, rice, and everything to go with it and then coffee. It last longer than bread, so i wont get hungry until lunch time.

rykarreolacr
July 01, 2006, 01:25 AM
I drink like a liter of milk every morning. I don't think I'll ever suffer of osteoporosis... XD
I eat cookies, cereals, etc... basically anything that crosses my path!! :grin

karasu
July 01, 2006, 02:20 AM
@ichimaru:
why the sudden change from toilet to breakky?
does toilet remind you of it? :p

I like eating quick japanese takeaway for breakfast..
Gyuudon or Curry rice... or katsudon..
but the restaurant i worked before..
sometimes the chef cooked me some Spicy Miso Ramen for breakfast.. and it was super nice..
and sometimes Tendon (tempura don.. )

Leen
July 01, 2006, 02:48 AM
EGGS FTW!!!!

Gold Knight
July 01, 2006, 02:51 AM
Haha... I knew it!!! Eggs rule the world for Eileen ;D

Mine would be, uh, well, I don't really eat breakfast food - the occasional pop tart, some cereal, and so on. I guess I'd have to say hot toast with peanut butter more than anything...

white silver
July 01, 2006, 05:14 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I used to mix raw egg with milk. Now that the Bird Flu epidemic is on the rise, I stopped (but I surely missed it). I eat some bakery bread for Breakfast.

Miso
July 01, 2006, 05:20 AM
I like my eggs more liquid but well that's a problem with salmonealla I think. But I don't care.
:XD

TeamNaruto
July 01, 2006, 05:21 AM
Damn it people get back to the toilets so you can humor me! :p

destinator
July 01, 2006, 05:26 AM
I like my eggs more liquid but well that's a problem with salmonealla I think. But I don't care.
:XD

yamm <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

karasu
July 01, 2006, 09:08 AM
lol...
i like eggs too..
but..
has anyone ever think that eggs are actually mixtures of the ovum of a chicken and sperm of the rooster?
but nobody ever tried eating human's ovum? :D

sick thoughts..

destinator
July 01, 2006, 09:20 AM
lol...
i like eggs too..
but..
has anyone ever think that eggs are actually mixtures of the ovum of a chicken and sperm of the rooster?
but nobody ever tried eating human's ovum? :D

sick thoughts..

I just wanted to eat something >.< thanks.... >___<

Gold Knight
July 01, 2006, 09:37 AM
This thread is just sooooooooooooooooo weird now. :p

Brede
July 01, 2006, 09:56 AM
has anyone ever think that eggs are actually mixtures of the ovum of a chicken and sperm of the rooster? but nobody ever tried eating human's ovum?

AAAAAAAArrrrrgh! thanks a lot! :rant I'll never eat eggs again! :crying

This thread is just sooooooooooooooooo weird now. :p

Agreed! :Haha

white silver
July 01, 2006, 10:11 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]

"Cat, Dog, Monkey, Pig, Dog, Snake, Bird, Dragon" *CHANGE TOPIC NO JUTSU*

Okay, what about discussing about the new media format, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray disc. I hear they use "blue" laser instead of the red one. Oohhhh.. I wonder!

destinator
July 01, 2006, 10:14 AM
rofl kunai xD As for me I hate blue ray...stupid sony =/ we could have a ps3 for a long time and much cheaper without that...its sad they try to establish blueray with the ps3...

white silver
July 01, 2006, 10:21 AM
rofl kunai xD As for me I hate blue ray...stupid sony =/ we could have a ps3 for a long time and much cheaper without that...its sad they try to establish blueray with the ps3...

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]But the media they have to render is so much higher than the standard DVD can handle. Besides, they say it's faster and without the Blu-Ray, the playback of the games would be ummm.. slow. Besides, the reason why the PS3 is taking bloody so long is that they are trying to reinforce security on the Blu-Ray. It was suppposed to be released a few months ago. Anti-piracy, *breathes hard* AAAAIIIII!

destinator
July 01, 2006, 10:33 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]But the media they have to render is so much higher than the standard DVD can handle. Besides, they say it's faster and without the Blu-Ray, the playback of the games would be ummm.. slow. Besides, the reason why the PS3 is taking bloody so long is that they are trying to reinforce security on the Blu-Ray. It was suppposed to be released a few months ago. Anti-piracy, *breathes hard* AAAAIIIII!

Uhm but thats the wrong way for me...it wont be long until the first modchips will appear...because no system is perfect. Also paying 200-300$ extra for their "security" is too much in my opinion they should have found a better way...and the xbox 360 showed for example that normal dvds are still enough! Btw I read somewhere that the games are supposed to become even more expansive for the ps3 (60-100$?) that would be another reason for players not to buy or at least mod their ps3. For example the 360 system is already hacked and you can play backups on it around 3/4 after its release...but the future will show how much we really need these formats. Btw I guess only middle/end generation games of the 360/ps3 will really need media with more space than a dual layer disc...

white silver
July 01, 2006, 10:40 AM
Uhm but thats the wrong way for me...it wont be long until the first modchips will appear...because no system is perfect. Also paying 200-300$ extra for their "security" is too much in my opinion they should have found a better way...and the xbox 360 showed for example that normal dvds are still enough! Btw I read somewhere that the games are supposed to become even more expansive for the ps3 (60-100$?) that would be another reason for players not to buy or at least mod their ps3. For example the 360 system is already hacked and you can play backups on it around 3/4 after its release...but the future will show how much we really need these formats. Btw I guess only middle/end generation games of the 360/ps3 will really need media with more space than a dual layer disc...

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Here's the thing, the PS3 CANCELLED the use of DVD (that's right, ordinary DVD) formats for the PS3. Because of one main reason! Have you ever bought any Final Fantasy series from 7 to 9, you'll find multiple disks. And I have never heard of game in a PS2/XBox that lasts for 2 DVD's, but with the PS3, games would have to expand to 2 or even 4 DVDs. SUCKS doesn't it.

But don't worry, they won't make the Blu-Ray so expensive, since that's the real drawback. And the beautiful rendered graphics and details would also be very quick to load, so there!

destinator
July 01, 2006, 10:57 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Here's the thing, the PS3 CANCELLED the use of DVD (that's right, ordinary DVD) formats for the PS3. Because of one main reason! Have you ever bought any Final Fantasy series from 7 to 9, you'll find multiple disks. And I have never heard of game in a PS2/XBox that lasts for 2 DVD's, but with the PS3, games would have to expand to 2 or even 4 DVDs. SUCKS doesn't it.

But don't worry, they won't make the Blu-Ray so expensive, since that's the real drawback. And the beautiful rendered graphics and details would also be very quick to load, so there!

Uhm I got one or more 2 dvd games for my ps2 :P I think its one of the Xenasaga parts (I believe its Jenseits von Gut und Böse). Also the only reason there are no 2 dvd games is the dual layer disc, without that invention there would be plently of 2 dvd games(GT4,God of War 1/2, Xenosaga1-3, Midnight Racer 3 Dub Edtion Extreme...). Also the space used for games has only slightly changed from ps1 to ps2 if you look for example at the ff series. I think ffx/x-2/12 have only like 500mb more then ff9 =)
Which means if there would be another dvd version like 2x space of dual layer which would be enough for all next gen titles...I've seen no game so far which was bigger than a usual dual layer disc and that will probably dont change for at least a year or two =) but yeah I know at the end it will be good thing, its just too expansive at the moment. Also this stupid fight between the formats drives me nuts so I'll how all this will go...

ibra87
July 01, 2006, 11:03 AM
*searches for a blu-ray burner* * and cheap blu-ray discs*

destinator
July 01, 2006, 11:06 AM
*searches for a blu-ray burner* * and cheap blu-ray discs*

rofl xD? Dvd burner and duals layer discs are surely enough xD

Well is there any word on blue ray burners yet ??? *wondering*

ibra87
July 01, 2006, 11:09 AM
rofl xD? Dvd burner and duals layer discs are surely enough xD

Well is there any word on blue ray burners yet ??? *wondering*

A blu-ray is about 50 gb (wuut!!) :O However the games are about 10 gb (at least the non-bad ones) which means a double layer 8.x gb discs are not enough :(

And hopefully there will be a burner for these damn blu-freaks soon!!

Actually I don't care as long as it's there when I get the PS3 myself.

destinator
July 01, 2006, 11:13 AM
A blu-ray is about 50 gb (wuut!!) :O However the games are about 10 gb (at least the non-bad ones) which means a double layer 8.x gb discs are not enough :(

And hopefully there will be a burner for these damn blu-freaks soon!!

Actually I don't care as long as it's there when I get the PS3 myself.

Like I said...the first 1-3 generation games wont need more space that a dual disc has to offer...look at current ps2 games. I bet 50% of all normal games just need like 2-3gb ( only a few high quality games use even the full capacity ). Also we got the possibilty of downsampling sound/videos to fit on duals =) ( remembers a certain console from sega here)

I'll wait for a cheap ps3 then I might buy one prolly ~400+modchip

ibra87
July 01, 2006, 11:17 AM
I dunno where exactly I read it, but it was about that the good games with ultra good gfx (some of the other games for ps3 truly suck) will be about 10 gb. But yeah, we could make a rip :O But that would require a chip.

And bah ~~ I would buy a PS3 when it becomes about 161 $ + mod chip :). That's when I bought the ps2 :P

destinator
July 01, 2006, 11:19 AM
I dunno where exactly I read it, but it was about that the good games with ultra good gfx (some of the other games for ps3 truly suck) will be about 10 gb. But yeah, we could make a rip :O But that would require a chip.

And bah ~~ I would buy a PS3 when it becomes about 161 $ + mod chip :). That's when I bought the ps2 :P

Rofl payed like 250 for my ps2 with chip and 140 for my gc with chip =) was a good decision for playing my imports...

Btw have fun while waiting that the ps3 will cost under 200$ maybe in 4-5 years xD

Gold Knight
July 01, 2006, 12:24 PM
uhm, ibra87, I see you have yourself as a #1 Hated in MH in your signature. We don't hate you. XD

ibra87
July 01, 2006, 02:46 PM
uhm, ibra87, I see you have yourself as a #1 Hated in MH in your signature. We don't hate you. XD

I wish that I could believe you :( Here's one example of someone who hates me:

Very nice... Screw you! :grin

BTW, wtf is wrong with njt's signature? :P The frog-kun changes every time I see it.

rykarreolacr
July 01, 2006, 09:05 PM
Ohhh, trying to make me the evil guy!!!
Just look what he said about one of my pics:

I'm glad you put the first pic as spoiler..... :P

That was when I told him to screw himself...

destinator
July 02, 2006, 04:17 AM
BTW, wtf is wrong with njt's signature? :P The frog-kun changes every time I see it.

Thats a php script...thats why it changes all time :P

white silver
July 02, 2006, 09:13 AM
[b][font=verdana][size=1]Yes, [color=red]njt's signature is really quite unique. And ibra87, what makes feel so pessimistic about MH anyways, we don't hate you!

ibra87
July 02, 2006, 11:24 AM
[b][font=verdana][size=1]Yes, [color=red]njt's signature is really quite unique. And ibra87, what makes feel so pessimistic about MH anyways, we don't hate you!

Guess you're right... I think ryka deserves that title :P From now on, I am the most wicked dude in MH

rykarreolacr
July 02, 2006, 11:29 AM
Guess you're right... I think ryka deserves that title :P From now on, I am the most wicked dude in MH

You are right... Today I realized that everyone hates Italians.
In the World Cup threads they just keep bashing my team and saying everybody hates us because we are loud and stuff... I want to cry...

Adam_xx
July 02, 2006, 11:33 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]And ibra87, what makes feel so pessimistic about MH anyways, we don't hate you!

Oho!
Optimism rawks! x3

karasu
July 02, 2006, 11:37 AM
lol.. what we mean by that is we get a little annoyed by italians' "Manzare, Cantare, Amore" (did i spell it right? i got it off manga... don't blame me :D)
especially the amore part :D

anyway... everybody knows that this year's world cup was dominated by Adidas right?
everyone's jersey's from adidas with the same style, just different colours?
is it just me or only the italians have different style and different material for their jerseys?
i looked at the authentic Italian home jersey in REBEL sport in aussie (was on sale.. $99)
and the material was different compared to the others..

and if anybody remembered, the italians have a different jersey for 1998 too.. body-fit tight model.. :D

Adam_xx
July 02, 2006, 11:39 AM
Hmm? 99 bucks? That, I have to get... xP

rykarreolacr
July 02, 2006, 11:45 AM
I got mine for 60 bucks... Still, too expensive.
But Brazil's jersey was like $140!!!

lol.. what we mean by that is we get a little annoyed by italians' "Manzare, Cantare, Amore"
Mangiare, cantare, amore...
You guys watch too many movies.
Do you acvtually believe I'm like that and speak with stupid acccent when I speak in English.
I'm getting tired of people making fun of the "stereotipical" (yeah, right) Italian.

karasu
July 02, 2006, 11:48 AM
those on sale are: Germany, France, Italy...

they won't discount socceroos, Korea and Japan..i guess they are in high demand here.. (RRP 129.99)
my gf bought me japan's one..
i bought the white (away) japanese jersey (which apparently they never get to use in this world cup)..
looks original, comes with everything the original has (brand, authencity seal, country flag, country simbol), feels like the original.. but just somehow i think it's a replica.. why? coz i can't find the washing instruction :p
$60 :D was i ripped off?[br]Posted on: July 02, 2006, 11:46:36 AM_________________________________________________lol.. no i read too much manga :D i never see an actual italian speaking english in italian accent in movies.. [br]Posted on: July 02, 2006, 11:47:52 AM_________________________________________________wait.. what bucks are we talking about.. i'm talking about aus$ btw.. it's like 7:9 against US$

Adam_xx
July 02, 2006, 11:49 AM
I got mine for 60 bucks... Still, too expensive.
But Brazil's jersey was like $140!!!
Mangiare, cantare, amore...
You guys watch too many movies.
Do you acvtually believe I'm like that and speak with stupid acccent when I speak in English.
I'm getting tired of people making fun of the "stereotipical" (yeah, right) Italian.

Brazil's out so they'll go on sale for like 10 bucks now... lol

Maybe a bit old but...

You sure GK?~ xD
Stereotyping SUCKS! xD

Wtf is with me today? I'm doing SPAM... >_<

rykarreolacr
July 02, 2006, 11:50 AM
wait.. what bucks are we talking about.. i'm talking about aus$ btw.. it's like 7:9 against US$

US$ I guess I was ripped off then?

Adam_xx
July 02, 2006, 11:51 AM
Yea, guess you we're... xP

karasu
July 02, 2006, 11:55 AM
US$ I guess I was ripped off then?

nope..still cheaper than here...
7 us$ is about 9 aus$
so..
9/7 * 60 = approx $73

here..on sale.. is still $99
so, you got it cheaper..

Adam_xx
July 02, 2006, 11:56 AM
What? Im confused... :s

rykarreolacr
July 02, 2006, 11:56 AM
How much is $100 from Australia in US$?

karasu
July 02, 2006, 11:59 AM
wait..let me check the right conversion rate..

Adam_xx
July 02, 2006, 12:00 PM
http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

74.2302 USD

rykarreolacr
July 02, 2006, 12:02 PM
I guess it's cheaper here because I live in a poor country...
Costa Rica, remember?

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

74.2302 USD

Thanks for that. ;)

Adam_xx
July 02, 2006, 12:04 PM
Np, dammit it's late... 3am >.<
Nite on my side of the world...

karasu
July 02, 2006, 12:05 PM
0.7221 bank buy.. 0.7471 bank sell..

so.. aus$100 would give you US$74.71
[br]Posted on: July 02, 2006, 12:04:26 PM_________________________________________________lol i was late..[br]Posted on: July 02, 2006, 12:04:57 PM_________________________________________________hey.. it's 3 am in my place too :D i should get some sleep

Adam_xx
July 02, 2006, 12:06 PM
Lol, maybe cause we're both in Australia? Lmao..
Yea, again, g'nite...

rykarreolacr
July 02, 2006, 12:10 PM
Good night guys!

ibra87
July 02, 2006, 02:39 PM
You are right... Today I realized that everyone hates Italians.
In the World Cup threads they just keep bashing my team and saying everybody hates us because we are loud and stuff... I want to cry...

Omg, this was posted b4 that conversation :P Sorry dude, I didnt mean it ;)

rykarreolacr
July 02, 2006, 03:56 PM
Omg, this was posted b4 that conversation :P Sorry dude, I didnt mean it ;)

I'm not mad at you. :p

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
July 02, 2006, 05:04 PM
Wow u guys are so lucky to get that kind of sale after a team went out.

@ryka: I dont hate the Italian team. As a matter of facts, I'm supporting the Azzuri all the way. I hope Nesta can play in the semi and Lippi put Super Pippo in the starting lineup. Too bad Gattuso wont be playing, but Pirlo's still playing so it's still ok. Anyone see a pattern here?

rykarreolacr
July 02, 2006, 05:21 PM
Why you say Gattuso won't be playing? o_O

karasu
July 02, 2006, 08:43 PM
Wow u guys are so lucky to get that kind of sale after a team went out.

haha.. no, it's not a sale after a team went out..
the ones on sale were germany, france, italy.. they're still out there playing..
maybe it's to encourage supporters to buy them before the tournament ends..
coz i think the soccer fever in aussie would die straight away after the finals..
well.. nobody really cares about world cup down here..
they have the state of origin going on..

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
July 02, 2006, 09:43 PM
Why you say Gattuso won't be playing? o_O
Didn't he got a yellowcard against Ukraine, that would make it two yellow card, right? I hope I'm wrong...

rykarreolacr
July 02, 2006, 11:39 PM
Didn't he got a yellowcard against Ukraine, that would make it two yellow card, right? I hope I'm wrong...

Nope, Italy didn't get any yellow cards (luckily).
Still, it seems that Nesta won't be playing, and Camoranesi is recovering.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
July 03, 2006, 10:50 PM
That's too bad, ryka. He's an awesome defender, him and Canna makes a great wall protecting the goalkeeper, if he need it, Buffon was awesome against Ukraine.
Is it ok if I talk about the World Cup here?

Anyway, after talking about breakfast and football jersey sale, what will be the next topic? How about "what do you read first on the newspaper?"

rykarreolacr
July 03, 2006, 10:57 PM
Lately (for obvious reasons) I read the sport section first.
Usually, I read it in order.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
July 03, 2006, 11:57 PM
I used to read only the sports section. But now, i browse the other sections then saving the best for last, the sports section.

Brede
July 04, 2006, 01:04 AM
The COMICS of course :smile-big

Daioten
July 04, 2006, 02:03 AM
The COMICS of course smile-big

Lol.. me too. Of course, I don't really read the newspaper very often, but when I do, that's where I tend to go first.

Gold Knight
July 04, 2006, 02:54 AM
I usually read the Front News, a few of my favorite editorials, and then move on to the Sports section. Typically I want to know what people are talking about in the world, because it's a good bet I won't overhear that stuff in conversations, especially since I can't hear. XD

Afterwards, usually I look for any good photographs in the rest of the paper, due to my job.

I stopped reading the Cartoons section a while ago - it just doesn't have the same charm for me these days like it used to ( *me wants more Calvin and Hobbes! T_T* )

Macan
July 04, 2006, 08:27 PM
I usually read the sports section first, then comics, advertisement, local news, world news and front page news. :)

To GK and other Americans in MH, happy Independence Day. :)

white silver
July 04, 2006, 09:01 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I go for the comics than the Movie Reviews. But I'm more interested in "News Bites".

Gold Knight
July 05, 2006, 06:06 AM
Thanks Macan :)

Tamerlane
July 07, 2006, 07:14 PM
Although it is kind of late....thanks Macan. That was really nice of you.

^___^

You know to be honest I really dont read the paper anymore....I just get all my news offline and I check CNN almost daily. =/

Daioten
July 09, 2006, 12:03 AM
It's kind of sad, but my top sources of news at the moment are the daily show and the colbert report. :p They're just so much more entertaining than the normal news...

Gold Knight
July 09, 2006, 02:36 PM
True. News could use a little more, uhm, pizzazz to it. I also get frustrated whenever they say they're about to discuss a topic, then wait like 10-20 minutes later to actually get around to it. Most of the time they try to be a little too professional that they appear wooden. I'd rather just read the newspaper.

ibra87
July 09, 2006, 06:11 PM
True. News could use a little more, uhm, pizzazz to it. I also get frustrated whenever they say they're about to discuss a topic, then wait like 10-20 minutes later to actually get around to it. Most of the time they try to be a little too professional that they appear wooden. I'd rather just read the newspaper.

So you understand my feeling when they say the world cup's final will be one week from the current time and I have to wait one week just to watch 90 minutes? :'( Sometimes I think it's not worth it. Time is precious, after all.

Brede
July 11, 2006, 09:44 AM
I have to wait one week just to watch 90 minutes? :'( Sometimes I think it's not worth it. Time is precious, after all.

lol...now you have to wait another 4 years until next world cup final :smile-big

Rampages
July 11, 2006, 12:34 PM
So you understand my feeling when they say the world cup's final will be one week from the current time and I have to wait one week just to watch 90 minutes? :'( Sometimes I think it's not worth it. Time is precious, after all.

Welcome to my world, bro.

I wait a week for 15 minutes of Naruto reading :p

destinator
July 11, 2006, 12:40 PM
Welcome to my world, bro.

I wait a week for 15 minutes of Naruto reading :p

Lol yeah really pathetic...spending a whole week waiting for a reading/visual entertainment of ~5mins
Thats why I already started to read OP/Bleach and Dgrayman =)

Miso
July 11, 2006, 12:58 PM
I'm mostly spoiled for the next chapter. Because raw day is so busy. As soon as the new Naruto comes out I'm so occupied with arranging things here (RTS thread and so on) that I mostly cannot read the next chapter immediatly.
And then ppl are already talking to me about it so I'm spoiled often....:crying
But nevertheless: I really enjoy reading Naruto and it's definitely worth waiting for it.

glasskatana
July 11, 2006, 01:18 PM
Miso, that's...so sad. :scry Truly, no good deed goes unpunished.

Luckily, I have other addictions that keep me going throughout the Naruto week. Like the mangahelpers forums :smile-big, and FullMetal Alchemist. BTW, I think this is the first time I've posted in the hang out thread. It feels good, real good.

Gold Knight
July 11, 2006, 05:13 PM
I'm mostly spoiled for the next chapter. Because raw day is so busy. As soon as the new Naruto comes out I'm so occupied with arranging things here (RTS thread and so on) that I mostly cannot read the next chapter immediatly.
And then ppl are already talking to me about it so I'm spoiled often....:crying
But nevertheless: I really enjoy reading Naruto and it's definitely worth waiting for it.

Yeah, me too. ><
But I don't mind as much anymore. I've been spoiled so often, it's almost part of it now for me. And every now and then I'll still get to read a chapter without being spoiled.

glasskatana
July 11, 2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah, me too. ><
But I don't mind as much anymore. I've been spoiled so often, it's almost part of it now for me.

That's so sad. What you have to go through when you're an admin. But then again, you are among the first to get your hands on the RAW, even if you don't read it because you're too busy helping us, at least you have that notion of pride. *makes mental note to NEVER spoil manga for either Miso or Gold Knight* :thumbs

Gold Knight
July 11, 2006, 06:48 PM
It's not just the admins; a lot of mods get spoiled as well. Just part of the job. But we all love what we do, so no worries. :)

zerocharisma
July 11, 2006, 08:59 PM
Hey, look, a spam thread without the Sasuke alphabet games. Cool!

gold lion
July 11, 2006, 09:14 PM
hahahahaha, that is wrong, but funny

Macan
July 12, 2006, 02:22 AM
Thanks Macan :)

Although it is kind of late....thanks Macan. That was really nice of you.

^___^

............... :redface

It's not just the admins; a lot of mods get spoiled as well. Just part of the job. But we all love what we do, so no worries. :)

Yup, and thanks to you guys & gals, we all being able to read the latest chapter of our favourite naruto anyway. :beer

Back here, the manga stuck at vol 28. :scry

ibra87
July 12, 2006, 09:45 AM
For a while there, I misunderstood what you meant with "spoiled" and miso crying didn't make sense. However now I understood it :O

Talking about manga, Naruto should be out tomorrow?

yeste
July 12, 2006, 10:42 AM
Luckily, I have other addictions that keep me going throughout the Naruto week. Like the mangahelpers forums :smile-big, and FullMetal Alchemist. BTW, I think this is the first time I've posted in the hang out thread. It feels good, real good.

You’re right about Mangahelpers forum, but, Aghhhhhhh Full Metal comes out once a month!!!! Man, I even forget what was the last chapter about… So, right now, I’m on a FMA “diet” !!! Waiting to see how many months can I go without reading it… It’s been only two so far… I’ll probably get pissed when Naruto chapter comes really late and read FMA instead!!! :p

Miso
July 12, 2006, 01:01 PM
For a while there, I misunderstood what you meant with "spoiled" and miso crying didn't make sense. However now I understood it :O

lol...what did you think then?

FMA diet...uh...
I only saw the anime but Khal told me that the manga is different especially the ending.
Perhaps I'll also read the manga then.

yeste
July 12, 2006, 02:08 PM
I’m recommending it!!! Also seen the anime first, loved it, but then someone told me “the manga is soooo much better!!!” line, that I didn’t know what to think… Finally got around to check out a chapter or two, and WTF!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? What the h.. is going on here… Ok this is Ed, this is Al… But everything else…didn’t make much sense!!! So, I asked around, and people told me that anime and manga go separate ways from like chapter 15. Needless to say, I was hooked!!!

Just one more thing… Ed is lot funnier in manga (if that’s even possible? ).

Try it, if you liked the anime, you’ll love the manga!!!

BTW I doubt that you need this, but this is where I’m getting it from…
http://www.zomgfta.com/ aka Fruit Tree Alchemist!!! ( there’s a download page or something, and they require a password, but if you click on a password help link on that page, and look at the html source, you’ll see it… it’s being changed every month, but I think that for this month its: uname:fmanga pass: pineapple, but I might be wrong!!!)These two girls are doing the trans/scans, they don’t have everything ( I thing they started with chapter 40 something! ) but it’s the best FMA scanlation group that I’ve found… They also make various comments in their releases, and sometimes it’s pretty hilarious stuff!!!

ibra87
July 12, 2006, 02:59 PM
lol...what did you think then?

FMA diet...uh...
I only saw the anime but Khal told me that the manga is different especially the ending.
Perhaps I'll also read the manga then.

I was thinking about spoiled as in "spoiled kid" :P

Miso
July 18, 2006, 02:49 PM
Haha...same here.
Thus I always wanted to say "I have been spoilered" but as GK told me this is wrong.....:s

white silver
July 18, 2006, 07:29 PM
I’m recommending it!!! Also seen the anime first, loved it, but then someone told me “the manga is soooo much better!!!” line, that I didn’t know what to think… Finally got around to check out a chapter or two, and WTF!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? What the h.. is going on here… Ok this is Ed, this is Al… But everything else…didn’t make much sense!!! So, I asked around, and people told me that anime and manga go separate ways from like chapter 15. Needless to say, I was hooked!!!

Just one more thing… Ed is lot funnier in manga (if that’s even possible? ).

Try it, if you liked the anime, you’ll love the manga!!!

BTW I doubt that you need this, but this is where I’m getting it from…
http://www.zomgfta.com/ aka Fruit Tree Alchemist!!! ( there’s a download page or something, and they require a password, but if you click on a password help link on that page, and look at the html source, you’ll see it… it’s being changed every month, but I think that for this month its: uname:fmanga pass: pineapple, but I might be wrong!!!)These two girls are doing the trans/scans, they don’t have everything ( I thing they started with chapter 40 something! ) but it’s the best FMA scanlation group that I’ve found… They also make various comments in their releases, and sometimes it’s pretty hilarious stuff!!!

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Thanks for that link yeste, I've been dying to search FMA scanslations over the web. Too bad they release the manga every month!

glasskatana
July 18, 2006, 07:48 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Thanks for that link yeste, I've been dying to search FMA scanslations over the web. Too bad they release the manga every month!

yeah, that is the best site for the new releases, but they don't have all of the old ones. Just go onto a site like torrentspy.com and you can find all of the releases though. FMA is my favorite ongoing manga.

yeste
July 18, 2006, 08:22 PM

Allways want to help... besides, this is MangaHelpers!!!!

And Yeap, FMA is soooo good!!!

BTW Don't tell Umeko that I posted pass here... Could be banned!!!
(Umeko is the only scanlator there!)

white silver
July 18, 2006, 10:55 PM
yeah, that is the best site for the new releases, but they don't have all of the old ones. Just go onto a site like torrentspy.com and you can find all of the releases though. FMA is my favorite ongoing manga.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Ever since I had this lousy "proxy" internet connection, the idea of BitTorrent is thrown outside the window. For now, I can only rely on #lurk.

Gold Knight
July 19, 2006, 01:35 AM
Thanks yeste - that was indeed nice of you to do, but the problem I see with that is that site most likely wouldn't appreciate another forum encouraging their passwords to be revealed, so I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from posting them in public here from now on. Sorry!

But thanks all the same, I was able to catch up on FMA myself thanks to that link of yours. (Yep, I'm an opportunist. :p )

glasskatana
July 19, 2006, 01:49 AM
Plus the passwords aren't hard to figure out with the hints. I mean, one of the hints was "what was this a picture of?" and another was "what month is it?" I believe. So it's not really necessary to post the password here. I just re-read some of the volumes (god they're so good) thus the reason for my new avatar. On a different subject...

Gold Knight, I had no idea you read FMA! :blink Do you like it?

ibra87
July 19, 2006, 04:00 AM
What!? FMA manga has another story than the anime? I've watched the anime and liked it but disliked the ending (which ruined it all). So I guess I'll read the manga and hope that it has a good one, or else....

Anyway from which chapter should I start reading the manga? I don't care about small details, so can you please tell me the chapter where the manga takes another path? And I'm soon hoping to catch up to the berserk manga. Until now it's been one hell of a disgusting manga, but now after the trolls, it seems to be getting better, currently at volume 28.

yeste
July 19, 2006, 05:11 AM
@ Gold Knight It’s OK! I wont post them. Just wanted to give out head start to people because once I saw lots of people having problem finding pass on that site. But once you get the hang of it… you know where it’ll be next time around. :smile-big

@glasskatana Yeah, it’s easy to find it… They don’t even try to make you work for it… But still some people have had problems with it… He,he, Greed!!! Nice!!! :amuse

@ibra87 Totally different!!!! And like I said try from chapter 15 ( which you won’t find there, try glasskatana’s link ), but if you like the FMA you should read all the manga… It’s really great!!! :p

ibra87
July 19, 2006, 05:43 AM
OK thanks a lot. I'll try to find Glasskatana's post. Without his regular avatar it's really hard to find him though :(

EDIT: I failed. only found zomgfta or something liek that, same one as u posted :(

white silver
July 19, 2006, 10:14 AM
What!? FMA manga has another story than the anime? I've watched the anime and liked it but disliked the ending (which ruined it all). So I guess I'll read the manga and hope that it has a good one, or else....

Anyway from which chapter should I start reading the manga? I don't care about small details, so can you please tell me the chapter where the manga takes another path? And I'm soon hoping to catch up to the berserk manga. Until now it's been one hell of a disgusting manga, but now after the trolls, it seems to be getting better, currently at volume 28.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]If you re-read the manga chapters from the beginning, you WILL find big differences between the Anime. Like a certain person is killed by a different person (which will change the storyline you once thought)!

glasskatana
July 19, 2006, 03:13 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]If you re-read the manga chapters from the beginning, you WILL find big differences between the Anime. Like a certain person is killed by a different person (which will change the storyline you once thought)!

yup. Sorry ibra87 but to really grasp the story of the manga fully, as well as the differences between it and the anime, you have to read from the beginning. I have all the volumes/chapters on my computer. I wonder if anyone (mods or admins specifically) would have a problem with me uploading it and putting the links here. Anyway, until I get a response you can go to www.zomgfta.com for the latest chapters and go to http://torrentspy.com/torrent/635121/Manga_FullMetal_Alchemist for a torrent of all the completed volumes. (I believe it's up to 14) You can probably find them all on various torrent sites. www.Torrentscan.com is a search engine that searches other torrent sites' search engines. I've never used it but if it proves useful give it a thumbs up here on the forums. I hope that helps you out. It is a GREAT series. I hope you find it very enjoyable.

EDIT: update: zomgfta is now reportedly 86% done with chapter 61 (they were late this month because she was at camp) she should have it done by today and uploaded by tonight or next morning depending on many things. I already read the raw with the trans next to it but you can't beat reading a nice scanlation. Bye for now.

fireballer666
July 19, 2006, 03:18 PM
hehe.....Envy shows up in a crazy chapter 61, the RAW makes it look awesome.....soooo I can't wait til they realease it,....=O

ibra87
July 19, 2006, 03:22 PM
thanks a lot katana. I'm almost finished with slam dunk, can't start dling from torrents until then. But I would definitely give it a shot afterwards.

LadyHatake
July 19, 2006, 08:28 PM
I never knew that the manga for FMA had a different storyline, or that it was ongoing...hsows what I know. :)

I guess I'll have to do some torrenting later. It's all good, though.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
July 20, 2006, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone, I'm back after a brief hiatus due to an accident injury. I really miss MH!

Brede
July 20, 2006, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone, I'm back after a brief hiatus due to an accident injury.

an accident? :blink hope you're better now ichi! rest well and take it easy

white silver
July 20, 2006, 10:05 AM
Hi everyone, I'm back after a brief hiatus due to an accident injury. I really miss MH!

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Get well ichimaru_gin! Glad MH has become your source of life for the meantime.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
July 20, 2006, 04:49 PM
Thx Brede and kunai jutsu.
I'm ok now (physically since I'm never mentally ok, ok? :D).

Brede
July 20, 2006, 11:00 PM
I'm ok now (physically since I'm never mentally ok, ok? :D).

erm...ok...*slowly and cautiously moves away*

Gold Knight
July 20, 2006, 11:44 PM
@ glasskatana - yeah, FMA was actually the first online manga I tried after Naruto, surprise! But I stopped at a point where it seemed like scanlations were taking a long time to come. But yeah, I do like it, although not to the extent that I do Naruto. Though after reading the recent chapters, I have to admit it's a lot more exciting now than it used to be, now that the "Sins" guys are finally a larger part of the storyline instead of just being in the shadows.

@ yeste - I didn't actually know the password was easy to figure out for FMA fans. I guess it probably wouldn't be too bad in that case.

And @ everybody, yeah FMA's anime and manga differ so much - one of the reasons I always say that you should read the original story first (in this case, the manga). The anime went in a totally different direction.

@ ichimaru_gin_n_tonic - hope you get better! What happened, anyway?

Hermie
July 20, 2006, 11:51 PM
I also recently read FMA, and I think it's great!

...And chapter 61 is just out, so go grab!

Gold Knight
July 21, 2006, 12:14 AM
Ah, thanks Hermie ^^

white silver
July 21, 2006, 11:10 AM
...And chapter 61 is just out, so go grab!

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Alright! Hey, can we give *updates* to FMA releases I mean without giving the links of course!

*My gosh, it took me awhile to guess the password*

*hint hint: for those who don't know, it's 3 letters only*

rykarreolacr
July 21, 2006, 11:25 AM
Oh c'mon!!! The password was soooo easy (and funny).

white silver
July 21, 2006, 11:36 AM
Oh c'mon!!! The password was soooo easy (and funny).

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Really, the first thing that came to my mind is the object to what the hint was giving, I tried "toaster, microwave, etc." then it hit me.

yeste
July 21, 2006, 12:05 PM
Bleahhhh, I just look at the source code for that page… because I’m kind of illiterate in English, so even dough I know what it is, there’s a big possibility that I’ll misspell it… so :p

white silver
July 21, 2006, 12:12 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Hmmm... last time we had an easter egg hunt. What about finding the "over 100 pages topics hunt" for the next game eh?

*oooohhho hohohoohohoho 999 posts*

glasskatana
July 21, 2006, 01:18 PM
the password is quite possibly the easiest thing ever. And Hermie (I believe it was Hermie) posted a link to the chapter here (he got his chapter from the #lurk but it's most likely the same release. zomgfta is basically the only group out there who scanlates FMA now.) So perhap if an Admin could o.k. it, I'll post the RAW's and Scanlations here when they come out.

UH-OH, I better watch out, I'm nearing 1000 posts.

LadyHatake
July 21, 2006, 05:53 PM
Has anyone else ever seen the naruto parody video "Ninja in the Night" by SIFL and Olly? I love it. I watch it all the time. Thank God for YouTube. :)

Tamerlane
July 21, 2006, 07:37 PM
*jumps into the thread*

Wow I have not been in here in a looong time. o_O

Has anyone else ever seen the naruto parody video "Ninja in the Night" by SIFL and Olly? I love it. I watch it all the time. Thank God for YouTube. :)

Nope have not seen it yet but it sounds cool. *adds that to the I should watch list* XD

LadyHatake
July 21, 2006, 09:28 PM
Nope have not seen it yet but it sounds cool. *adds that to the I should watch list* XD

It's one of the few Naruto parody videos that's actually worth watching.

Here's the link if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIj4mcob9EQ&search=ninja%20in%20the%20night

It gets funnier as it goes. :)

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
July 21, 2006, 10:10 PM
@ ichimaru_gin_n_tonic - hope you get better! What happened, anyway?
I'm better now. A motorcycle almost ran me over. I was walking on the sidewalk while typing a text message and then i tripped and fell to the right - which happen to be where the traffic is.

Just then, I heard a speeding motorcycle came out of nowhere - heading straight towards me. So I instinctively tucked and roll myself to the middle of the street (dumb move, i know), but Thx God there wasnt any other vehicle, since it's 2 AM. I forgot to tucked in my left feet though, so my left shin got bumped by the wheel. And instead of counting my blessing, I thought: "If this was a movie scene, the director would be yelling at me right now for ruining that scene."
But there was nothing broken. I got away with cuts and bruises. So I'm ok now.
Thx for asking.

@Brede: It's ok. I'm not contagious and I dont bite.

Gold Knight
July 21, 2006, 10:47 PM
I bite though. So watch out!

(Universal question: which would you prefer, the bite or the bark?)

Glad you're ok Gin. I had a kinda similar experience, but I was only ten years old! XD And I think an angel must've guarded me, 'cause I somehow rolled over to the other side of the street without being hit, and there was a LOT of traffic. Either it was an angel or the drivers saw me and didn't want to wreck their cars by making roadkill of me. (As for why I tried to cross the street, I don't even remember anymore, but that was one nasty stumble I took stepping right off the curb.)

Brede
July 21, 2006, 11:05 PM
I was walking on the sidewalk while typing a text message

they should include that in the list of health hazards of a hand phone! Glad you're better now ichi and next time...sit down somewhere B4 you text msg! :)

As for why I tried to cross the street, I don't even remember anymore

to show the chickens how to? (haha i couldn't help myself, just read some "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes :smile-big)

Gold Knight
July 21, 2006, 11:09 PM
Well, if it was to teach chickens how to cross the street, I sure messed up.

white silver
July 22, 2006, 12:51 AM
Either it was an angel or the drivers saw me and didn't want to wreck their cars by making roadkill of me. (As for why I tried to cross the street, I don't even remember anymore, but that was one nasty stumble I took stepping right off the curb.)

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I guess we're the same coin on opposite sides. I got HIT by a car when I was 10 (not to serious though, he managed to break but it was stong enough to knock me a few meters)

LadyHatake
July 22, 2006, 05:30 PM
You all have no luck when it comes to pedestrain vs traffic...Glad your okay though, ichimaru_gin_n_tonic.

Luckily, I've never been hit or nearly hit by a car. Hope I never have to deal with that kind of experience. Although, while driving home recently I began to break for a red light, then it turned green, so i was getting ready to speed up but the dummy behind me hadn't slowed down a bit and came within a foot of hitting me at 50 MPH. He then proceeded to pass and cuss at me. I just happened to look in my rearview mirror a second before he swerved right to avoid and pass me. (in a no pass zone, no less...) dumb***.

That's why I hate driving. And traffic in general. I swear if driving wasn't necessary, I'd happpily give it up.

Anyways. That was completely of topic and highly unrelated. But I had to vent. :)

Again, glad your okay, ichimaru_gin_n_tonic.

<3 :kkbook

Gold Knight
July 22, 2006, 05:35 PM
I also am not all that fond of driving, but I have to admit when you got a pretty sweet looking ride, it tends to get you to want to go out a little more ( I'm really enjoying my new jeep, lol ).

destinator
July 22, 2006, 05:44 PM
I also am not all that fond of driving, but I have to admit when you got a pretty sweet looking ride, it tends to get you to want to go out a little more ( I'm really enjoying my new jeep, lol ).

jeep <333333333333 ? we want pictures ^^

Gold Knight
July 22, 2006, 05:54 PM
Here you go:

http://tinypic.com/zlpweb.jpg

destinator
July 22, 2006, 05:58 PM
Woot! Looks damn nice o.O Must be plain fun to drive something like that...(even I dont have a driver licence).

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
July 22, 2006, 10:08 PM
Wow, that's a sweet ride, GK! I got a license but I dont have a ride, so public transportation is my best friend.

Gold Knight
July 22, 2006, 11:36 PM
I didn't have a car until I was about one or two years out of high school, so I know how it goes.

white silver
July 23, 2006, 09:09 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]^Oohh, you just started the 100th page!

LadyHatake
July 23, 2006, 02:37 PM
I drive my dad's truck. I love it so much. The only problem is that it's really big, and I'm really short (5ft 2in) so it's hard to get in sometimes. My dad had to get one of those runner bars installed so that I could get in...lol.

Gold Knight
July 23, 2006, 04:38 PM
Hahaa! Yeah, my jeep is somewhat hard to get into too, but I manage 'cause I'm tall enough. It's tough for my mom though to get into, especially entering the back seats. She's like 5ft 2in too.

But a truck...! Must kinda be like trying to get on a big horse.

LadyHatake
July 23, 2006, 08:13 PM
yep. My ex used to laugh at me everytime I crawled in the truck. I feel like I'm climbing a mountain when I get in that thing. I'll post a picture sometime.

Gold Knight
July 23, 2006, 09:25 PM
Please do. XD ( A pic of LadyHayate crawling into a truck? XD )

white silver
July 23, 2006, 09:39 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Bring in the picture!

destinator
July 24, 2006, 03:21 AM
Yeah we want to see that, sounds quite funny!

LadyHatake
July 24, 2006, 10:15 AM
Well, don't have a pic of me crawling in (yet) but here's the truck:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/WolfwoodsScarf/DSC01686.jpg

It may not seem big, but I'm only about two inches taller than the side mirror....lol. And I have short legs, so without that black pipe runner as a step, I'm screwed. The floor is about the same level as the line of glare on the side of the truck.

I might have to draw all that later. (my height compared to truck, etc.....) I confused myself writing that "description" lol!

destinator
July 24, 2006, 10:19 AM
As you said doenst look big or high to me xD Just like a normal car =) but yeah fiurther descriptions please :D

ruby_06
July 24, 2006, 10:21 AM
Yeah it doesnt look THAT big, just a normal car as des said

LadyHatake
July 24, 2006, 10:25 AM
Actually, it used to be higher. My dad got the truck lowered when he gave it to me. He also had smaller tires put on. :) I'll do the drawings in a minute

Edit Here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/WolfwoodsScarf/DSC01686-1.jpg

Just in case it's too fuzzy to read:
the first line is my height
the second is the height of the floor
the third line was a mistake
the fourth thing is about where my feet would be.

Like I said, It doesn't seem big when you look at it, but when I try to get in...It's a freakin mountain!
Edit 2 If I were to try and get in without the step, it'd be like having to step onto something that's waist level. So imagine lifting your foot so it was level with your waist (lift it like you were stepping onto something)

destinator
July 24, 2006, 10:27 AM
Actually, it used to be higher. My dad got the truck lowered when he gave it to me. He also had smaller tires put on. :) I'll do the drawings in a minute

Ah well that explains something ^^ and cute pic at the picture thread =) but dont let gk see that xD he will go crazy :D

LadyHatake
July 24, 2006, 10:36 AM
I put the drawing on my last post.

Ah well that explains something ^^ and cute pic at the picture thread =) but dont let gk see that xD he will go crazy :D

Edit 50th post! yay!

destinator
July 24, 2006, 10:38 AM
Haha poor woman...it sucks to be that short =(

Well just wait and see xD ( for gk ) ^^

FHT
July 24, 2006, 10:02 PM
Well, to say something, I'm 18 years old and I don't know how to drive....
......Yeah, that sucks!

rykarreolacr
July 25, 2006, 12:27 AM

I can barely drive, but you know that. I almost got us killed last time. XD

LadyHatake
July 25, 2006, 08:45 AM
......Yeah, that sucks!

Ah, don't worry. Believe me, driving isn't all that it's cracked up to be and it's EXPENSIVE! My car insurance alone is at least $1,200 (USD) a year! And gas is at least $3.00 per gallon, usually more.

Brede
July 25, 2006, 08:47 AM
Haha poor woman...it sucks to be that short =(

waitaminute! 5'2 is 'normal' height ok :mad...at least around here :smile-big That is if I don't stand next to my bro and sis...both of them are taller than me...they call me 'Stumpy' :crying No worries LadyHatake, I'm about your height too and I'm considered 'tall' around here (my bro and sis don't count :p).

LadyHatake
July 25, 2006, 08:54 AM
No worries LadyHatake, I'm about your height too and I'm considered 'tall' around here (my bro and sis don't count :p).

You're lucky! I'm shorter than EVERYONE I know! They're all like 5'5, 5'6 (the girls, anyway) and alot of my guy friends are a foot or so taller than me! Even my ex-boyfriend was 6'1. He always used to joke on me because he had to bend down to kiss me... :(

lee-nus
July 25, 2006, 08:59 AM
well... its easier to get guys being a short girl than being a really tall girl... im saying that because... i dont know... :p

Brede
July 25, 2006, 09:03 AM
its easier to get guys being a short girl than being a really tall girl

:confused huh? do you mean 'going out' instead?

LadyHatake
July 25, 2006, 09:04 AM
well... its easier to get guys being a short girl than being a really tall girl... im saying that because... i dont know... :p

You mean being 'with'? :)

Yeah, I suppose so. But still.