PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Fairy Tail 317 Discussion/ 318 Predictions

goldb
January 25, 2013, 04:18 AM
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
*.usercash.*
*.linkbucks.*
*.tinyurl.*
*.anonym.to/*
*.xrl.us/*
*.realfiles.net*
*.sharecash.*
*.shorl.com/*
*.lix.in/*
*.pgi-shumen.info/*
*hotfile.com*
*letitbit.net*
*depositfiles.com*
*tiny.cc*
*uploading.com*
*ugotfile.com*
*depositt.blogspot.com*
*cashfiles.blog.com*
*snipurl.com*
*bit.ly*
*rayfile.com*
*storage.to*
*megaupload.com*
*share-links.biz*
*doiop.com*
*filefactory.com*
*missupload.com*
*enterupload.com*
*mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

http://img204.imagevenue.com/loc81/th_539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg (http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539054661_01_122_81lo.jpg)http://img273.imagevenue.com/loc110/th_539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg (http://img273.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055410_841810_122_110lo.jpg)
http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers (http://mangahelpers.com/)
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

sarroush
January 31, 2013, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the scans!
Though...inb4NaLufangirlsstartgoingcrazy.

/sigh.

I do hope there's a bit more development on the Erza/Minerva side but I have my doubts.

FalcoD
February 01, 2013, 12:01 AM
thanks for the spoilers,

Is the page with Rogue talking to his Shadow , the last of the Chapter ?

MAX_COLA_POWER!
February 01, 2013, 12:11 AM
Based on next week's title, Gajeel vs. Rogue, shit's gonna get real next week. I don't wanna imagine that last pic being Acnologia trying to take over Rogue's mind.

FalcoD
February 01, 2013, 12:15 AM
Yeah Gajeel vs Rogue is for next week ....
A particular Gajeel fanboy is gonna be mad :cheez

MAX_COLA_POWER!
February 01, 2013, 12:21 AM
Anybody know the small deets about the shadow talking to Rogue? It'd be fun if it was the spirit of his dead dragon dad Skyrim or whatever his name is.

kazerua
February 01, 2013, 12:30 AM
nice NaLu picture lol

Krono
February 01, 2013, 12:35 AM
Anybody know the small deets about the shadow talking to Rogue? It'd be fun if it was the spirit of his dead dragon dad Skyrim or whatever his name is.

It's Rogue's shadow talking to Rogue saying "I'm your shadow. I'll lend you the power to kill Gajeel."

kuroSaki_Ichi
February 01, 2013, 12:42 AM
If Rogue ends up beating Gajeel, I'm going to flip a table. I want to see Rogue get his ass rolled.

SerpentTailedAngel
February 01, 2013, 01:02 AM
It's Rogue's shadow talking to Rogue saying "I'm your shadow. I'll lend you the power to kill Gajeel."

I thought I saw the shadow say kill.
So Rogue's shadow is evil...
And also nakama power emotional breakdown.
Well, now I really wanna know what happens.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
February 01, 2013, 01:08 AM
If that shadow starts to laugh like, KISHISHISHISHI, I'm getting the fuck outta here :S.

Chris38
February 01, 2013, 01:20 AM
Well, from the looks of it, the chapter seems really interesting - a Natsu - future Lucy moment, some new info about, what is going to happen in the future, and a progress in the tournament fights...

I really hope that the full chapter is going to be released soon...

zerocooldx
February 01, 2013, 01:43 AM
Yeah Gajeel vs Rogue is for next week ....
A particular Gajeel fanboy is gonna be mad :cheez

Its going to be like every other "fight" we've seen thus far. Right now its all about finding out what future Lucy discloses and waiting for when that pack of Dragons arrives.

liductan
February 01, 2013, 02:30 AM
I don't know why I feel like this. I am a little anticipated for this fight now..gajeel vs rogue.Even all the others have been a let down for me.

Morlun
February 01, 2013, 04:01 AM
If that shadow starts to laugh like, KISHISHISHISHI, I'm getting the fuck outta here :S.

Hopefully it doesn't start eating stuff. And people.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
February 01, 2013, 04:22 AM
Will this be the first time Gajeel will be giving a Nakama speech, TO SOMEONE ELSE!? I hope so cause he's got a lot of ground to make up thanks to Hiro making him barely win against that chicken and....hornless....goat?, dog?, sheep?

Thuwa25
February 01, 2013, 05:11 AM
if rogue has an evil shadow does that mean sting's shadow is aligned to be a good shadow..

Marzarret
February 01, 2013, 05:17 AM
It appears that Sting has a second personality or as a part of his power as a Dragon Slayer his shadow also has a life of its own and he is always staying close to to Rogue which is the Light Dragon Slayer in order to suppress that evil lurking in his shadow.

Kuza
February 01, 2013, 05:33 AM
Only usefull info is that either Lucy is lying or she is fake, but all in all I've got only these questions:
Dafuq is this chapter about and dafuq is this shadow, new power up method?
http://www.straferight.com/forums/attachments/shooters/19690d1320798922-mw3-pc-release-jackie-chan-meme.png

Impossibility
February 01, 2013, 05:34 AM
So, to justify this battle we have some random shadow entity that is going to lend Rogue its power. How about Gajeel just stomp him, and be over with it. There doesn't have to be some closely fought battle, especially if it requires some random power up to achieve. Sting and Rogue have already been completely outclassed, so let's move on to one of the exciting battles available to us.

Beatrice
February 01, 2013, 05:38 AM
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/317/2

Chapter is out.

sarutobi_sensei
February 01, 2013, 05:39 AM
Mashima used confuse.
Its super effective.

Those are my thoughts.

Either she isnt lucy and is a fake created by Zeref, or shes possessed by Zeref.

Or there's another one out there somewhere, like 2 beings from the future.

Jellal, Meredy and Urtear all said that the presence was different from years before so maybe its someone else that came from the future.

tobeulp
February 01, 2013, 05:41 AM
Moriah is on Fairy Tail!!!.. Great plot this chapter but went downhill when Gajeel talking why talk if it isn't finish yet just finish the goddamn enemy

Kuza
February 01, 2013, 05:46 AM
Mashima used confuse.
Its super effective.

Those are my thoughts.

Either she isnt lucy and is a fake created by Zeref, or shes possessed by Zeref.

Or there's another one out there somewhere, like 2 beings from the future.

Jellal, Meredy and Urtear all said that the presence was different from years before so maybe its someone else that came from the future.

She is confused and probably ashamed of these lies, so its not "mindcontrol". Also what possible motives could make a person to go and lie to the past friends.. hostages? She could tell how to avoid a situation with hostages.. what else?
If she is really Lucy from future she must have another set of celestial keys, right? So technically they can now spam more Lucies and make an infinite number of celestial spirits - profit :D

Beatrice
February 01, 2013, 05:46 AM
My guess goes back from volume 32 where Mashima drew a sketch or draft of Lucy on the ground in front of Zeref.
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/279/9/9/the_actual_draft_by_hikeilover2022-d5gxhof.jpg

According to hikei on Deviant Art:
Zeref tells Lucy to follow the King's order.

liductan
February 01, 2013, 05:57 AM
I knew something was wrong with the future lucy..my WTF moment, rogue's shadow..Geez what a shocker, where the hell did that thing come from,, right before rogue was turning around..Next chapter looks promising.

Ifrit
February 01, 2013, 06:09 AM
It's good enough for me to know that the battle is not gonna skipped. I wonder if the shadow is a part of Rouge , or its related to Zeref. I think this future Lucy sure sent from the future, but not to change it into a good one. Now starting to think that Levy is writing the letter to past Lucy not the one came form the future. Perhaps an attempt from Levy to warn the real Lucy from whats coming.

Even with the power up, I think he will still lose to Gajeel, so far Gajeel didn't break a sweat during the fight and he already trashed Rouge.

My best scene in chapter was Natsu carrying those spears and wearing the helmet, WTF you're a dragon slayer you don't need those.

Razh
February 01, 2013, 06:44 AM
I really dislike when the plot pacing suddenly slows down like this. Way to ruin the sense of dynamic and impending disaster.

1337 haxor
February 01, 2013, 07:10 AM
Dafuq manolo?! :SOON

Seriously, this chapter pretty much mind screwed all the past revelations we had in this arc.

There is the possibility that "future Lucy" is not Lucy at all and that the whole 10000 dragon thing is just a hoax to force people to do her biding while the real catastrophe is something else.

To be real, there are things that doesn't match:

First Arcadios pops in as if working for Zeref.
Chapter 271 p.20 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/271/20)
Then he laughts madly like a religious fanatic.
Chapter 282 p.20 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/282/20)
Then we have Jellal taking "future Lucy's" for sinister and just like Zeref.
Chapter 289 p.21 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/289/21)
Then we have a mad Levy writting to a Lucy as if she was dead.
Chapter 297 p.16 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/297/16)
Then we have a dragon firmly stating how Acnologia came to be.
Cahpter 301 p.15 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/301/15)
Only for Arcadios to dismiss it and outright state their aim is to take down Acnologia and Zeref.
Chapter 301 p.20 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/301/20)
Again with this crazy date and now with an Eclipse on top of that.
Chapter 302 p.14 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/302/14)
An immense host of Dragons coming out of nowhere is supposedly the reason they need Eclipse but that contradicts Arcadios statement of facing Zeref in the past.
Chapter 316 p.20 (http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/316/20)

Cut to this chapter when it's revealed Eclipse 2 is a supposedly superior version of Etherion to blow up the dragons but that is revealed to be a lie and now enters Jellal questioning the very nature of the "Lucy" they found.

I am starting to think Eclipse has more power than they say it does and that this whole "Gate that changes the world" if more of a reality manipulator than a time machine.

Not just that, there is something fundamentaly wrong about that Lucy. Future Levy is completely broken while she is intact and there is also the fact she actually appeared 5 yeas in the past and didn't seem to have aged at all.

In my opinion there aren't 10000 dragons, just Acnologia and he is enough to tear Fiore assunder, it so happens that during the Eclypse Ingneel will bring in the remaining dragons to fight alongside the dragonslayer against the Black Dragon but apparently they all fail and die.

Lucy snaps really hard and does some crazy thing that makes her the new Zeref, she essentially loses her humanity and become some sort of magic abomination that took years to come back to her senses.

She spent years in an ethereal state before rematerializing in a completely desolated future she cannot reason with.

She decides she would rather go to the past to prevent the whole ordeal from happening but since Acnologia's origins are tied to her own as the Black Dragon caused her to become a new Zeref, she needs to force people from the past to use Eclipse again in order to defeat Acnologia without causing a paradox.

If she went to the past and prevented Acnologia from becoming godlike and creating the first Zeref, she would have erased the reason for the Gate and other stuff to happen in a way that she would have never travelled back in time to prevent it and it would revert to happening again.

The reason she is lying is because if her friends and past self undo the ascention of Acnologia, the events that lead to her using the gate would cease to exhist but the lie of 10000 dragons would still make people build the gate and allow for that altered chain of events to sustain itself.

I know it's kind of a flawed logic but it would cut it out passably.

Another possibility is that there won't be any time travel at all and the gate will be used to warp reality and force Acnologia to become vulnerable again.

Yet another possibility is that this "future Lucy" is sort of a homunculus created with Zeref's magic to retry Eclipse and make it work in the way it should.

This brings back the hypothesis that the Gate of Eclypse is the Gate of Tartarus which opens the Great Magic World.

In this case, Zeref tried to harvest the power of Eclipse and activate the Gate with Lucy to create a magic paradise on Earthland. Lucy wasn't screaming in Carla's vision, she was singing and enchantment to activate the gates.

However, something went wrong and the corrupted wish to change the world ended up destroying it yet allowed for lost magic to reach it's full potential. Lucy died on the spot with her soul sacrificed to open the gate.

After realizing what went wrong, Zeref created a clone of Lucy using his life magic and sent it into the past through Ultear's complete time arc.

The clone was filled with instructions and false memories created by Zeref based on Lucy's closest relationships and Zeref's own take on things.

Hence the clone is doing what it believes is actually true and because it doesn't entirely understands how Lucy's relationships worked (since Zeref couldn't understand FT's friendship) it doesn't believe it's own actions can reason with Lucy's guildmates.

That way, once all those misterious manipulations come to fruition, "future Lucy" will have accomplished Zeref's plan without realizing it and thinking they were for the sake of her friends.

In the end, if Zeref's gambit works, Lucy might be sacrificed again but the spell will be successful this time and the Great Magic World will be born at last.

lawlett-kun
February 01, 2013, 08:56 AM
a pretty boring chapter.Well I knew this would happen with a chap name "Frog" now Lucy is not Lucy or shes lying scumbag Lucy gawd I dont need that.Show us Erza vs Minerva pwease

Ghan
February 01, 2013, 09:15 AM
I'm more than sure that shadow is some type …of demon

Beatrice
February 01, 2013, 09:29 AM
Well, if Mashima chooses the "troll" option I'd say it's the work of Kageyama.

In serious, perhaps it got to do with Obra's Imp.

Razh
February 01, 2013, 09:58 AM
In serious, perhaps it got to do with Obra's Imp.

Yeah, I just thought of that and then read your comment. The guy is still somewhere around. It would require Obra to have telepathic ability and to be able to boost someone's power. Maybe he can also take over other people's bodies. Maybe he wants Gajeel because he betrayed Ivan.

But at this moment, I feel more like it's a(/an asspull) side effect of using shadow slaying magic.

SerpentTailedAngel
February 01, 2013, 09:59 AM
So eaither Rogue's shadow is evil of he missed taking his meds this morning.

Really pleased with the "Lucy is either lying or fake" thing though. I've been tossing around the theory that she's a fake since both present Lucy and Jellal said something felt wrong, and after last week with the whole bit about that many dragons having managed to hide, I was really hoping that the theory would pan out. Looks like there's a good chance of it panning out.

Razh
February 01, 2013, 10:03 AM
Oh shit, maybe Obra's Imp (Obra? Ivan?) took over Lucy too, but in the future! :O

Damn you, Obra's Imp!

(Since I'm in it, might as well bring up the part of how Natsu and others were captured. Perhaps they weren't even near Eclipse Gate. Perhaps Obra reduced their magic to 0.)

Not sure if I think this is possible or not...:notsure

wooticus
February 01, 2013, 10:06 AM
The thing about Rogue's shadow.. i actually think it's kind of interesting. It's something different and in comparison to Sting who's all out all the time, Rogue always was the mysterious kind of person.

But what about "future Lucy"? That really.. I don't know what that's supposed to be.
I think that person is from the future and will obviously predict the correct results for the tournament. But if it's Lucy, what's her reason for lying? How does she know about the power of "Eclipse 2" and moreover, how long has she been back? What's the reason to lie about that date anyway, she could have said the 3th, 2nd or i don'T know, if i was Natsu i would have already asked why she didn't came to FT the day she came back.

Luckily we got Jellal who isn't tricked that easily - but then, why does Lucy want them to meet Jellal? Does she actually want to prevent Eclipse from being used? I really don't know.

exacta
February 01, 2013, 10:21 AM
This is moving SO damn slow! Again no action or any progression in the tournament, just more talking about the Eclipse Plan. Mashima wastes too much time on the Eclipse Plan. I hope that this Lucy IS fake though, and that it's Zeref using magic to appear as her or something to mess with everyone. Would make sense for all of the crying scenes before meeting everyone since Zeref is the only one who cries nearly as often as Lucy. Plus, 10,000 dragons, even if they are coming from the graveyard, is absurd and complete overkill. That would be a good move on Mashima's part IMO, turning a bad idea into a really good one.

It was interesting to hear Rogue's explanation, though the explanation itself really wasn't very deep or interesting itself. Most people probably could've predicted that kind of reason if they thought about it enough I guess. I'm interested to see where Mashima's going with this shadow stuff. It's not a very original idea but it could lead to some decent action at least, and I didn't actually think Rogue would have that sort of concept despite it being used a alot with people who have shadow-esque powers. Hopefully it won't lead to too much trolling.

Chris38
February 01, 2013, 10:29 AM
Personally, I think that the reason why the future Lucy is withholding information from her friends (since, I definitely think that she isn't fake), is, most likely,caused by the fact that she's the one who is partially responsible for the catastrophe, that is going to happen on the seventh day...

Remember the vision Carla saw, it shows the palace being destroyed, with Lucy being right in the middle of it, singing something - or crying, according to the latest chapter - I think that pretty much everything related with the Eclipse plan, the reason why the future Lucy is lying, and has a Zeref like aura, and came from the future - basically, everything that has happened in this arc, that isn't related with the magic games tournament, has something to with the premonition that Carla has seen, in chapter 275...

And manga stream's version of the chapter is out: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/61255860/1

REN KOUEN
February 01, 2013, 11:08 AM
alot of info to take in this chapter

i will agree that i am not nearly as concerned with this psuedo rivalry or conflict with gajeel and rouge as i am what is going on with laxus or erza

but mashima will build those two up as the climax and just tease us with the minor conflicts for a couple of chapters, either way it was still a good chapter, i like the little moment between natsu and future lucy

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

So eaither Rogue's shadow is evil of he missed taking his meds this morning.

Really pleased with the "Lucy is either lying or fake" thing though. I've been tossing around the theory that she's a fake since both present Lucy and Jellal said something felt wrong, and after last week with the whole bit about that many dragons having managed to hide, I was really hoping that the theory would pan out. Looks like there's a good chance of it panning out.
rouges shadow is going to be related to zeref somehow, i just have a sneaky feeling of this,
no evidence it is just a hunch

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

This is moving SO damn slow! Again no action or any progression in the tournament, just more talking about the Eclipse Plan. Mashima wastes too much time on the Eclipse Plan. I hope that this Lucy IS fake though, and that it's Zeref using magic to appear as her or something to mess with everyone. Would make sense for all of the crying scenes before meeting everyone since Zeref is the only one who cries nearly as often as Lucy. Plus, 10,000 dragons, even if they are coming from the graveyard, is absurd and complete overkill. That would be a good move on Mashima's part IMO, turning a bad idea into a really good one.

It was interesting to hear Rogue's explanation, though the explanation itself really wasn't very deep or interesting itself. Most people probably could've predicted that kind of reason if they thought about it enough I guess. I'm interested to see where Mashima's going with this shadow stuff. It's not a very original idea but it could lead to some decent action at least, and I didn't actually think Rogue would have that sort of concept despite it being used a alot with people who have shadow-esque powers. Hopefully it won't lead to too much trolling.

i will agree with this post, last chapter showed some promise because we were finally getting to some action, and this chapter was a bit of a let down, still a good chapter information wise, but man i wanted to see something epic happen after mashima trolled the fuck out of us last week

R3D
February 01, 2013, 11:20 AM
if rogue has an evil shadow does that mean sting's shadow is aligned to be a good shadow..

rouge's ds magic is shadow and sting's is light so sting probably wont have evil shadow lurking around him and if anything maybe the sunlight will start talkng to him o.0

maravish
February 01, 2013, 11:41 AM
So future Lucy is lying for some reasons. Jellal and co. don't trust her. Arcadios..where the hell did he come from? I don't really care about the Eclipse project or the supposed dragons coming.

I just wanna see Laxus' fight

Rarhyx
February 01, 2013, 11:47 AM
random thought:
what if rogue's shadow is his dragon parent or something like that?

and if "future lucy" is the real lucy shouldn't she do the same things like present lucy?

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/61255860/8

llamapie
February 01, 2013, 11:55 AM
The only impending doom is the fake Lucy is after Erza's panties. Must be a future member of Blue Pegasus.

THM Nindo
February 01, 2013, 11:59 AM
A really "Meh" chapter.

Now, I wonder why Lucy is lying to them (cause, yeah, I'm 99% sure that it's the real Lucy and that she's saying the truth about the dragons).
She probably traveled way back in time, and didn't simply appear the 4th.

Although, I'm kinda disappointed that she didn't come back from later in the future.

In any case, regarding the rogue-shadow thing, it's fine.
Sting had his power-up, so it only makes sense that Rogue gets one as well.

Either way, without this power-up, the fight between him and Gajeel would have been pretty boring.
At least, with this, Gajeel will have to put up a show when he kick Rogue's ass! :tem

KingOfNight
February 01, 2013, 12:06 PM
I hope, from all my heart, that Rouge would defeat Gajeel (Killing him would be even better, but it's impossible so...). I really like Rouge. If he get trolled like what happened with Kagura and that Shadow ends up giving Gajeel a single scratch. Then...I will...do nothing at all.

But still, this better not happen. Aside from that, I think it's a very simple chapter.

THM Nindo
February 01, 2013, 12:14 PM
I hope, from all my heart, that Rouge would defeat Gajeel (Killing him would be even better, but it's impossible so...). I really like Rouge. If he get trolled like what happened with Kagura and that Shadow ends up giving Gajeel a single scratch. Then...I will...do nothing at all.

But still, this better not happen. Aside from that, I think it's a very simple chapter.

I'm sorry but Gajeel needs to win this!
Gajeel hasn't got a single solo victory since the beginning of the manga, IIRC.

So, he needs to win this.
But, it needs to be a challenge, so I'm happy that Rogue got his power-up.

But don't worry, as soon as he finishes Rogue, Gajeel will be defeated by Sting. :tem

wooticus
February 01, 2013, 12:23 PM

But don't worry, as soon as he finishes Rogue, Gajeel will be defeated by Sting. :tem

Yeah you're right. But it's also important that he wins against a really strong opponent - so Rogue needs a powerup first somehow. What would Gajeel's win be worth if he had only defeated a guy Natsu already defeated in a 1on1 situation.. with ridiculous ease regarding his opponents

KingOfNight
February 01, 2013, 12:24 PM

If he wins, okay fine. But I wish Hiro won't troll Rogue. I just want it to be a decent fight regardless of who wins (though I would love it if Rouge won.)

REN KOUEN
February 01, 2013, 12:42 PM
So future Lucy is lying for some reasons. Jellal and co. don't trust her. Arcadios..where the hell did he come from? I don't really care about the Eclipse project or the supposed dragons coming.

I just wanna see Laxus' fight

i wouldnt go as far as to say i dont care about the eclipse project or the dragons, but i definitely would rather see the fight with laxus and then with erza before too long, i just dont want it to be 3 chapters from now , after all of the tension built up from last week has died down

Kokuryuu
February 01, 2013, 12:44 PM
I think I will say too that the shadow is the shadow dragon Skyadrum, who wasn't really killed by Rogue. And obviously Sting's dragon neither did, so he probably will get a similar power-up.

Zasz
February 01, 2013, 01:30 PM
I really liked the NaLu moment. :super
Anyway I quite enjoyed this chapter and the fact that Lucy might be a fake or might be lying is interesting.
Now that also Rogue got his power-up, I wonder if Gajeel will really win this fight.

Manta33
February 01, 2013, 01:32 PM
This is a good chapter, maybe not action packed but the focus is the mystery surrounding this whole arc which I find intriguing. I think rogue is going to resist because he wants to join a guild that cares about on another, but inevitably gets possesed and I think saved by gajeel who will get shot in the back by sting. We have some good fights coming, and eclipse is going to turn out to be antithesis of lumen etoile. If skyadrum turns out to be alive after supposedly being killed then I think we will have some good insight into what zeref has been up to. And my instincts still say the imp is zerefs exceed..and you have to wonder what raven tail is up to because I foresee some relationship potential with sabertooth.

R3D
February 01, 2013, 02:00 PM
why does rouge need to win even though he might have gotten a powerup ? gajeel been a ds longer than rouge , gajeel survived against opponents who were actually trying to kill him , he survived acnologia , and all rouge was fighting was fodder up till natsu .. gajeel been training for 3 months and during that period , maybe metal started talking to him too and telling him to get stronger or watever

REN KOUEN
February 01, 2013, 02:04 PM
random thought:
what if rogue's shadow is his dragon parent or something like that?

and if "future lucy" is the real lucy shouldn't she do the same things like present lucy?

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/61255860/8

perhaps her keys were taken away when the gate was opened

Krono
February 01, 2013, 02:22 PM

I'm pretty sure he's referring to present Lucy's reaction as compared to "future" Lucy's reaction.

Present Lucy has the typical shocked Lucy reaction "What, you want to fight them?!" to Natsu's reaction. Future Lucy's very subdued, and going "wait, you actually believe me?"

If "future" Lucy is the real Lucy, you would someone expect that she'd have some reactions much closer to the present Lucy's.

gaston42
February 01, 2013, 02:47 PM
It looks like Rogue has found his pride (http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Pride) back.

Actually it would be cool if the power-up would give him similar abilities. That would give Gajeel a run from his money and make the fight interesting.

EMS
February 01, 2013, 03:47 PM
I think ravens tail guild is involved in this incident, i mean the went down against laxus so easy, really?, it was in their plan but we going to have a bigger plot going on with ravens guild..

Lost0
February 01, 2013, 04:23 PM
I think this chapter can be counted as one of the worst chapters in Fairytail :mad

llamapie
February 01, 2013, 04:31 PM
I think I will say too that the shadow is the shadow dragon Skyadrum, who wasn't really killed by Rogue. And obviously Sting's dragon neither did, so he probably will get a similar power-up.

That's a good point. Its possibly the soul form of their dragon. They may have just absorbed them not killed them.

Rarhyx
February 01, 2013, 04:34 PM

|
v

I'm pretty sure he's referring to present Lucy's reaction as compared to "future" Lucy's reaction.

Present Lucy has the typical shocked Lucy reaction "What, you want to fight them?!" to Natsu's reaction. Future Lucy's very subdued, and going "wait, you actually believe me?"

If "future" Lucy is the real Lucy, you would someone expect that she'd have some reactions much closer to the present Lucy's.

exactly what I meant.

I think this chapter can be counted as one of the worst chapters in Fairytail :mad

that's 'cause of...?

zerocooldx
February 01, 2013, 06:17 PM

The most logical explanation at this point is that Sting and Rogue received Dragon Lacrima from their Dragons when they "killed" them. But in reality Skiadrum and Weisslogia purposely lost to them and transfered their soul/power into the Lacrima that Sting and Rogue put into their bodies. However those Dragon Lacrima weren't fully awake until Sting and Rogue were psychologically pushed beyond their limits. This happened to Sting when Jiemma attacked Lector, and now its happening to Rogue because he finally just realized how powerful friendship can be when he figuring out why Gajeel joined FT. That linked with his admission of friendship towards Fro as well as his crazy infatuation with surpassing Gajeel seems to have been his Dragon Lacrima's trigger. Either that or their Dragon's are just assholes and didn't want to help them until they were faced with a serious obstacle that could really harm them. It's gotta be something along those lines.

dark angel KaRamo
February 01, 2013, 07:03 PM
This chapter got my mind all mest up big time, what i'm thinning is that when jellal was felling the presence of zeref on future Lucy that shadow was attached to her on till it found someone who uses shadow magic... Rouge... and is trying to cause future Lucy to get them to Start eclipse plan cause maybe that's were the dragon come out of, or maybe the body of the shadow guy is in it

sarutobi_sensei
February 01, 2013, 08:59 PM
Well I thought of something while I was on the subway.

So basically, we saw that imp like thing saying to FT that they would meet again. His cape somewhat resembles the one Future Lucy is using. Obra also stole Lucy's magical Power. What if, that Imp can actually copy the users body and magical power? What if the presence and the person that has told the princess of the future isn't Future Lucy but rather someone else, or maybe even future Lucy, but in reality there are 2 future lucy's. One fake, one real.

The real one might not be with them yet, and the fake one, the imp creature, be telling them some lies which Arcadios seems to know.

It might've also been the imp that met Gerard while the real future lucy watched the match between Natsu and Gajeel vs Sting and Rogue.

Another possibility is that she has been possessed by Zeref and is doing his biding or he is controlling her or blackmailing her.

chess4
February 01, 2013, 09:19 PM
I think that whoever is behind this has 2 motives.

1. I think they the magic door to be opened from the outside to let somethig out

2. To take the Dragon Slayers out

The dragons trained the dragonslayers for a reason, they where preparing them for something terrible in the future, they knew was going to happen, and i bet this arc has something to do with it.

Future Lucy is a fraud and the shadow Rogue is probably working with her as well';[

noobkiller
February 02, 2013, 02:16 AM
So I guess Zeref was Rogue's shadow all along, or was it Acnologia? Not sure if Acnologia is controlling Zeref or the other way around. I always thought Rogue looked abit like Zeref there, maybe he was just disguising himself the whole time. And for future Lucy, heck she could be under Zeref's control too, so many conspiracies going around.

Kuza
February 02, 2013, 03:47 AM
Ingeel was refering to dragons who taught Rogue and Sting, so I don't think he might be Zeref in disguise. It's more like a second personality, in other words "still waters run deep".

bighawke5
February 02, 2013, 09:59 AM
Gajeel will win this otherwise what's he got to show from his training?

Yea future lucy's personality is totally different from current lucy's. And if you want to bring up the fact that it's due to the sorrows she had to endure from her timeline, that would mean she had to endure it for a long time for it to psychologically affect her this much to change her personality 360 degrees.

But the way she's explaining it's like right after the tournament, the freaking dragon army attacked and brought hell and she hoped into the DeLorean MC-12 to get to this timeline. So not enough time for that.

KingOfNight
February 02, 2013, 11:41 AM
By the way, forgot to mention this in my first reply. If she arrived not too long ago, then what's up with her Magic power appearing every year ?

Kuza
February 02, 2013, 12:22 PM
They are building this gate for 7 years. Why did they start building it in the first place? Cause future Lucy told them about dragons or some other reason? If 1st, then she's been there for atleast 7 years.

danzouismadara
February 02, 2013, 02:20 PM
rogue is acnologia! history is repeating itself.

chess4
February 02, 2013, 04:30 PM
i bet the little guy in the pumpkin head will play a key role it what is to come

Kuza
February 02, 2013, 06:10 PM
Guys seriously? Rogue = acnologia? Evil midget? :disappoint
Rogue can technically become a dragon but not acnologia -.-

Blacksabeth
February 02, 2013, 11:11 PM
Rogues shadow talking.. my guess is that he didn't kill his dragon :O Shocker right? Not like everyones been saying that every week, anyway. He didn't kill his dragon, but his dragon didn't leave him either. Most out there prediction is this shadow talking is his dragon. Also Sting's going to have this too, I'm starting to think its going to be 2 dragon slayers vrs FT..

I can see Gajeel taking abit of an ass kick next chapter. I want to say Gajeel's going to win and I hope he does but theres a few points that lead to Rogue winning now. 10k Dragons are coming, I think Rogues dragon is talking to him, same for Sting, so are they the trigger as to why 10k dragons are about to attack?
Plus the point its an surprising victory or something.. To us readers, FT losing is a big shocker, ST should be the obvious winners for the audience in the manga.
Finally, if Lucy is lying about 10k dragons for whatever reason, I still believe atleast 2 dragons will appear. Rogue and Stings that is.

If these 2 do in fact have dragons 'in' / 'apart' of them, then it could mean the same for natsu, wendy, Gajeels dragons. We'v only seen Igneel in an isolated place so it could be, and when the fairy person spoke to Igneel i think he said it's not time yet. How would Igneel know if hes miles away? I bet he's watching Natsu from inside him. Natsu + Igneel Powerup to take out Acnologia

Morlun
February 03, 2013, 04:49 AM
Why did Lucy say X793, and nobody even blinked? Isn't this X791?

Newkerzy
February 03, 2013, 06:51 AM
My guess goes back from volume 32 where Mashima drew a sketch or draft of Lucy on the ground in front of Zeref.
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/279/9/9/the_actual_draft_by_hikeilover2022-d5gxhof.jpg

According to hikei on Deviant Art:
Zeref tells Lucy to follow the King's order.

I had always been thinking about that line and what it meant. I thought it was kind of ridiculous for such a minor/background character to suddenly have a lot of importance to the plot. But now I see what that line means. It was referring to Acnologia. So, could it be that Acnologia is forcing Lucy to do his bidding?? (with Zeref reluctantly following). I have a feeling Acnologia is threatening everyone somehow.

suraj5898
February 03, 2013, 07:32 AM
I can see Gajeel taking abit of an ass kick next chapter. I want to say Gajeel's going to win and I hope he does but theres a few points that lead to Rogue winning now. 10k Dragons are coming, I think Rogues dragon is talking to him, same for Sting, so are they the trigger as to why 10k dragons are about to attack?
Plus the point its an surprising victory or something.. To us readers, FT losing is a big shocker, ST should be the obvious winners for the audience in the manga.
Finally, if Lucy is lying about 10k dragons for whatever reason, I still believe atleast 2 dragons will appear. Rogue and Stings that is.

i think when princesses said its surprising victory she was talking for audience in the manga and not us manga readers

i dont think Zeref is behind this or that shadow is Zeref because even if Zeref's power r for killing people he dont like to kill and he was waiting on FT's island so nastu can kill him one day.he dont want to have to anything with FT world

as for 10k dragons we r forgetting that in past there r 2 dragon group
1 human eating
2 human friendly
for group 1 we have see jade dragon (dead) and for group 2 we have saw FT's dragon (Igneel and others) waiting for right time. as we saw lots of dragon coming last time they can be from group 2

REN KOUEN
February 03, 2013, 09:18 AM

yea and it came after the epicness of kagura being impailed by minerva

:facepalm

Ifrit
February 03, 2013, 10:18 AM
I don't think Lucy is fake or imposter. She might be lying, but not fake. Why would Mashima show her crying ?

I think it was when Natsu n Gajeel fought SABERTOOTH dragon slayers.

Rouge magic is shadow. I don't think Zeref or Acknologia has anything to do with that.

Most likely Zeref / Acknologia is forcing Lucy to do so. Levy and the others who survived might be captured and he will spare them if she do what he says.

wooticus
February 03, 2013, 01:56 PM
Hmm. So in Future lucys timeline they get caught again and stripped of their magic Power.. how does Future lucy even know about the results?

SerpentTailedAngel
February 03, 2013, 02:14 PM
Ah, you're right. When I saw it on mangapanda I assumed it was a typo, but mangastream's version uses it to.
Maybe it's just time travel confusion? But she made it sound like she only went back a few days...

Ninja_Pirate
February 04, 2013, 05:52 AM
I think considering the manga flow.. It is logical that the mangaka has decided to keep the story away from time travel as the same can create confusions in long run and also it gets difficult to avoid loop holes in the story..

The same thing gets clear in this chapter as the power of the gates are compared to etherion and is defined as a weapon rather than a time travelling machine.. also Lucy is fake,, I wanted to post the same in last chapter discussion but got hold up with other things..

Here the premonition of charlie

http://i3.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/275/fairy-tail-3154023.jpg

We can see how lucy looks in the premonition singing something however after hearing future Lucy's version Carla thought that she must be screaming.... Future Lucy is not in that torned up clothes as well... We can see the burning castle while in Lucy's story the castle is burning but there are dragons...

http://i23.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/316/fairy-tail-3864843.jpg

As per Igneel here : - http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/293/22 .. "The dragon festival is about to start and they have to take action..

And after hearing all out from Jade dragon, we can assume that the dragons who are on humans side and created DS (Igneel, Metallica etc) and the other dragons will not be peacefully be together... So what if actually the herd of dragon coming is actually on humans side and this is the way given by future lucy to eliminate them ... :gwah

So the castle is gonna burn .. and maybe lucy singing to awake someone or screaming for Natsu to be ok and save everyone or something on that lines...

No time travel... Manga with time skip can have time travel but still it just complicates the story..

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

By the way.. since it was Discussed a lot in previous chapter... The title for the chapter was actually FROG..... Trolled

Krono
February 04, 2013, 10:01 AM
Ah, you're right. When I saw it on mangapanda I assumed it was a typo, but mangastream's version uses it to.
Maybe it's just time travel confusion? But she made it sound like she only went back a few days...

The x793 thing? It's in the raw, and I'm pretty sure that it's a mistake on Mashima's part. He did the same thing back in chapter 284 on some banners, called it a mistake on twitter, and fixed it in the volume release.

hoeru
February 04, 2013, 11:31 AM
I don't know but as Mashima already has already taken up parallel worlds and time travel into Fairy Tail, we should be aware that there's still a possibility of an altered timeline "Mirai Lucy" comes from. I really hate to bring up a different manga as example, but it could be just like what happened in Dragonball when:

Mirai Trunks didn't recognize Artificial Humans #19 nor #20

EMS
February 04, 2013, 04:41 PM
We got so many events right now and i hope the 10,000 dragons is real and not a lie, raven tail members got something to do with all this and i hope rongue doesn't end up evil because i though for sure that him and sting will be FT members soon.

Blacksabeth
February 04, 2013, 09:30 PM
I think considering the manga flow.. It is logical that the mangaka has decided to keep the story away from time travel as the same can create confusions in long run and also it gets difficult to avoid loop holes in the story..

The same thing gets clear in this chapter as the power of the gates are compared to etherion and is defined as a weapon rather than a time travelling machine.. also Lucy is fake,, I wanted to post the same in last chapter discussion but got hold up with other things..

For Mashima's writing, it isn't logical that he'l stay away from time travel. He has done it in his previous work, and he's also made a time travelling machines/huge aircrafts turn into mass weapons before too so he could still take it either way or both. I reckon Lucy's just confused, which is misleading them all.

I don't know but as Mashima already has already taken up parallel worlds and time travel into Fairy Tail, we should be aware that there's still a possibility of an altered timeline "Mirai Lucy" comes from. I really hate to bring up a different manga as example, but it could be just like what happened in Dragonball when:

Mirai Trunks didn't recognize Artificial Humans #19 nor #20

You shouldn't compared Fairy tail to DBZ, better example is Fairy tail to Rave Master. Which is Mashima's previous work and the group go into the past and when they return nothing different has changed only what already existed but now they know what it means. I can't say too much without spoiling Rave Master. They don't change the future, they simply observe.
DBZ, trunks meddles with things, like he kills Frieza, we find out that in Trunk's time, Goku used instant transmission and kills Freiza on earth. Trunk's also gives Goku medicine to live and not die, he caused a parallel universe. I can't see Mashima doing this, infact he'l probably explain how/who Acnologia is, where Zeref comes from and who travels into the future and explain something about the dragons. They won't change the future I doubt, the only incident I can see happening is Natsu having an encounter with Zeref. Anyway what I'm trying to say is, what they do in the past won't change anything, because they've already done it, that's how it's supposed to happen.

SerpentTailedAngel
February 04, 2013, 10:17 PM
Well, considering how different the parallel world thing he had going in Rave Master ended up being compared to Edolas, I'm not sure he's going to do everything the same. Though I do agree that at this point it would be more likely for them to either observe or create a stable time loop.

ahyousoft
February 06, 2013, 08:29 AM
Hiro mashima has just tweeted that the X793 thing was an error, and that the correct date is X791.
Well, As we all excepted...

Kuza
February 06, 2013, 10:52 AM
Well he is a human, mistake is possible. For those who think that future Lucy is acting as her friends are held hostages in future - it's kinda nonsense, cause technically she can prevent the fact that they will become captive.

Also thx for Rave masters spoilers :D

hashirama mukuton
February 06, 2013, 11:50 AM
ほんとだ!これは私のミスです。失礼しました。正しくはX791です。単行本で修正します。(一応キャラ名は伏せておきます) “@ToriShey: 今日のマガジンで、****がX793と言っていましたが、X791の間違いでは?印刷ミスでしょうか…”

ok hiro made mistake even kishi made such thing like the face of minato
hiro said the next chapiter well be very owsome

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

http://www.manga-news.com/public/images/vols/fairy-tail-edition-limitee-36-kodansha.jpg

ghostexiled
February 06, 2013, 03:20 PM
I am going to open the Spoiler Thread earlier than usual due to the other major series getting released early.

Please DO NOT post in the thread unless it is either to share spoiler images, material or to discuss said released spoiler images and material.

Any agony post or other post that have nothing to do with spoilers of the next chapter will be deleted!

Thanks!

adbanginwar
February 06, 2013, 08:29 PM
i think the shadow of rougue is actually his shadow dragon. all the dragons went into hiding for some reason, and this one being a shadow dragon chose to hide in his DS shadow.

Also i think the Lucy is the real one, but she is trying to manipulate current lucy and natsu so that the world does not end up like hers. *Future Lucy = Trunks*