PDA

View Full Version : Review Bleach 261 Review By Gigantor21

gigantor21
February 02, 2007, 09:27 PM
(Looking at the chapter again, I noticed that Chad threw "La Muerte" underhanded, but it looked like a left straight. It also lifted Ganebein up off the ground, rather than straight out. Could it be a Smash?)

261. Left Arm of The Devil

God DAMN you, Kubotite.

For one week–one beautiful, beautiful week–we were able to bask in the power and the glory of Chad’s improved abilities. All was well in the world. Everything was peaceful, and filled with hope. The fans of Chad finally saw the sun rise for the first time in years.

But it was only the reflection of Noritora’s headgear shining on us, as he laughed at our infinite naivete while polishing his oversized scythe.

The horrifying realization of the truth as Chad’s new technique, La Muerte, only made Noritora’s freakish parody of Hirako’s grin widen, sunk into the very core of my soul and shattered it completely. We finally got to see Chad own someone, and the very next chapter ends with Noritora claiming him as his little bitch.

But, while it pains me to say this, Noritora had to pimp him out.

It shows that Ichigo and Co. are still leagues behind the Espada in terms of strength, and that they still need to develop their skills much more. It puts the threat of Aizen and his forces into perspective, and makes the fact that Aizen made Grimmjow limp with his spiritual pressure alone that much more impressive. And at the same time, it makes Ichigo’s new Vaizard powers seem that much more vital, even in their fledgling state.

Having said that, while I can see how important putting the power difference on display is to the story as a whole, I’m still scared that Chad’s gonna get raped or something. Noritora seems like the type, anyway.

But, on the bright side, Chad is still on the same playing field as Ichigo and Ishida now, which offers a ray of hope. And “La Muerte” looked so, so cool when Gantebein got wrecked by it.

So it’s not all “tough love.”

Rating - 4/5

Painful as it was to read (and even more to scanlate), we needed this chapter to bring us back down to Earth. Now, what Ichigo and Co.need to bring to the Winter War has come into clearer focus.

mugen
February 02, 2007, 09:30 PM
yes you are right.
finally we get to see real BLEACH :jbya
but anyways i kinda knew eventually one of the rescuers was getting get his ass kicked :p
and it was about time :jbya

good review :thumbs

gigantor21
February 02, 2007, 09:31 PM
yes you are right.
finally we get to see real BLEACH :jbya
but anyways i kinda knew eventually one of the rescuers was getting get his ass kicked :p
and it was about time :jbya

good review :thumbs

Thanks, Mugen.

And I was expecting it, too. Just not so abruptly, that's all.

Athena
February 02, 2007, 09:44 PM
Super great, super fast comments as usual :kkthumbs

This chapter came as a surprise to me, I wasn't expecting Chad to lose that fast. I know the fight is not finished yet, however i don't think he has any chance against that espada. Why should he be always the first character to get beaten up in ichigo's group? what's with all the hate toward this poor guy? At least let him enjoy his powers for 3 minutes for gods sake.
This chapter disappointed me a little but by no account it was a bad chapter. 4 out of 5 seems pretty reasonable to me.
Btw what’s your predictions for the next chapter? do you think we'll move to other characters and leave chad as he is? poor guy :(.....

Inana

gigantor21
February 02, 2007, 09:52 PM
Super great, super fast comments as usual :kkthumbs

This chapter came as a surprise to me, I wasn't expecting Chad to lose that fast. I know the fight is not finished yet, however i don't think he has any chance against that espada. Why should he be always the first character to get beaten up in ichigo's group? what's with all the hate toward this poor guy? At least let him enjoy his powers for 3 minutes for gods sake.
This chapter disappointed me a little but by no account it was a bad chapter. 4 out of 5 seems pretty reasonable to me.
Btw what’s your predictions for the next chapter? do you think we'll move to other characters and leave chad as he is? poor guy :(.....

Inana

Yeah, I know right? Seriously...he always gains a new power, owns some random cannon fadder, then gets his ass kicked. It sucks!

As to what I think will happen next chapter, my guess is that we'll see more of the fight, along with what everyone else is doing. We know what the main part of Las Noches looks like now, so Ichigo and Ishida should be getting nearby soon. Personally, I want to see what Rukia and Chad are doing, along with more of Zaeruapollo's plot.

Then again, it could all be Chad getting his ass kicked (then violated) by Noritora. I was wrong last week, after all.

qwan3356
February 02, 2007, 10:12 PM
The horrifying realization of the truth as Chad’s new technique, La Muerte, only made Noritora’s freakish parody of Hirako’s grin widen, sunk into the very core of my soul and shattered it completely. We finally got to see Chad own someone, and the very next chapter ends with Noritora claiming him as his little bitch.

i totally felt the same way, Chad was soo cool last chapter now he is bout to be bent ova and fully taken advantage of now. its so wrong, but he still has cool powers thou. . . .

BTW Great review Gigantor21!

gigantor21
February 02, 2007, 10:23 PM

i totally felt the same way, Chad was soo cool last chapter now he is bout to be bent ova and fully taken advantage of now. its so wrong, but he still has cool powers thou. . . .

BTW Great review Gigantor21!

Thanks, Qwan. And, as Rock Lee once said, I understand your feelings so much that it hurts.

Silhouette
February 02, 2007, 10:45 PM
Thank you for the review gigantor21 :)

However, you make it sound like Chad has already lost. He got to show one move only...La Muerte and I would assume that since it's his attcking arm, it's gotta have more than just one attack unlike defensing right arm.

gigantor21
February 02, 2007, 11:08 PM
Thank you for the review gigantor21 :)

However, you make it sound like Chad has already lost. He got to show one move only...La Muerte and I would assume that since it's his attcking arm, it's gotta have more than just one attack unlike defensing right arm.

You're welcome!

And in regards to Chad, if that barely did anything to Noritora, I don't see what else would work. Chad was planning on taking the initiative with that first hit, after all, if not taking him down.

kiddo7
February 03, 2007, 12:24 AM
BLeach just has to be the very best story I have ever read in my life! You wanna know why? While reading this chapter, I could literally something like an electric charge running through my veins. I don't think I was ever this excited over anything in my life before. When I saw chad hand that three-digit-arancar's ass to him, I was just drown in emotion, I just sat there and stared at the page as something I cannot even describe swept though my body... And then Noritora had to ruin it all!
But still this was an awesome chapter and I am speechless. I hope that Chad will find someway to get away from this battle without getting defeated, a draw like with ichigo and grimjaw is the best I dare to hope for. Anything as long as he does not go down.

gigantor21
February 03, 2007, 12:32 AM
BLeach just has to be the very best story I have ever read in my life! You wanna know why? While reading this chapter, I could literally something like an electric charge running through my veins. I don't think I was ever this excited over anything in my life before. When I saw chad hand that three-digit-arancar's ass to him, I was just drown in emotion, I just sat there and stared at the page as something I cannot even describe swept though my body... And then Noritora had to ruin it all!

Trust me--your experience was probably a microcosm of how every fan of Chad reacted to the last 2 chapters. I'm sure of it.

But still this was an awesome chapter and I am speechless. I hope that Chad will find someway to get away from this battle without getting defeated, a draw like with ichigo and grimjaw is the best I dare to hope for. Anything as long as he does not go down.

Yeah, me too. Gantebein sacrificing himself to protect Chad seems like the most likely immediate course of action, since I doubt the Right Arm will be able to defend against Noritora's attacks if the Left Arm couldn't even scratch him. Maybe that will be a trigger to pull out his latent power...it's kind of a cop-out way to keep Chad alive, but I can't think of anything else if no one will come to help him, unless Noritora gets bored and lets him live or something (which isn't much better).

kiddo7
February 03, 2007, 02:13 PM
I know! Chad should blast a cero. Doubt it would be strong enough to kill Noritora but it should at least hurt him enough so that Chad can get away and keep his dignity. Then he can hone his skill and come back to finish him of and give Yammi what is coming to him.

La_Muerte
February 03, 2007, 02:23 PM
why is everybody jumping to conclusions i mean at the end they show blood splurging in the air, that doesn't necessarily mean that that it was chads, it could just mean that somebody came to save the day and take the little rescue party home cause they're obviously not gonna make it in hueco mundo, chads been beat up too much i don't think kubo will do that to him again

gigantor21
February 03, 2007, 02:45 PM
why is everybody jumping to conclusions i mean at the end they show blood splurging in the air, that doesn't necessarily mean that that it was chads, it could just mean that somebody came to save the day and take the little rescue party home cause they're obviously not gonna make it in hueco mundo, chads been beat up too much i don't think kubo will do that to him again

Oh, Kubo definitely could write Chad getting his ass kicked again into the story--I have no doubt about that. It's like a staple of the series, for fuck's sake. Read inana's review from last week, where he puts up a historical gallery of Chad getting his shit rocked whenever he fights anyone even halfway decent.

Plus, Rukia and Renji haven't done anything yet. So I doubt the arc will end in the coming weeks--I say the earliest will be, like, 2 months.

Deien
February 04, 2007, 12:58 AM
The chapter cut quickly and went right to the bone for Chad's corner of people, your review also explained that quite well. There is hope however, if the arms develop the same way, then Chad has two more progressions before it reaches its true form. Whats terrible about it....is that if Kubo keeps things the same, he's got to get his ass handed to him at least two more times. On a seperate note, I expect that we will learn more of Chad's power in this arc, the same way we learned more of Ishida's in the SS arc.

dedal_x
February 04, 2007, 07:02 AM
I was really suprised at the giant leap story has done in this chapter. For 11 chapters we had that slow pace in terms of story development, all was just to make the readers relaxed, and then - BOOM - rapid advancement. And I really hope Kubo understands, that readers won't accept any more Privaron Espada fights. After seeing Noitora's grin, it's plainly dull to watch Rukia and Renji fighting Privaron's. In this light, Kubo will have to show us the endings of those fights only. E.g. - Renji close up, and at the background a bloody body is falling; Renji: "HA! Weak!"; and Rukia walking out of a frozen-to-state-of-pure-glass wall to find herself under the same sky as Chad.

Another thing we have to put our eyes on is that Chad stopped Gantenbein's blast with his left hand. The attacking one. So, at the moment of collision, it was pure power against pure power. And the victorious one was Yasutora.

Another point is "La Muerte". As Gigantor pointed out, it's awfully hard to determine how the hell that hit is made, first it's made downwards, then it suddenly gone upwards. ... Strange? And on side note: "La Muerte" is literally "Death" afaik, from spanish.

That is all. ~~^__^~~

P.S> I should write revews too. ;)

gigantor21
February 04, 2007, 10:30 AM
The chapter cut quickly and went right to the bone for Chad's corner of people, your review also explained that quite well. There is hope however, if the arms develop the same way, then Chad has two more progressions before it reaches its true form. Whats terrible about it....is that if Kubo keeps things the same, he's got to get his ass handed to him at least two more times.

Yeah, it sucks...but you know what? I agree that Chad still has room to grow. Now that he's at the same level as Ichigo and Ishida again, even if there's a delay in the development of the Left Arm, there's no way he won't be able to take on the Espada once it becomes complete. That's what I'm looking forward to seeing.

On a seperate note, I expect that we will learn more of Chad's power in this arc, the same way we learned more of Ishida's in the SS arc.

Makes sense to me, since both he and Urahara said that Chad's powers are Hollow-like. Since that makes him the first hybrid in the series to reveal his Hollow-like powers, I'm sure he (along with us readers) can learn more while in HM. That's probably one of the only merits of this arc is, for me.

I was really suprised at the giant leap story has done in this chapter. For 11 chapters we had that slow pace in terms of story development, all was just to make the readers relaxed, and then - BOOM - rapid advancement. And I really hope Kubo understands, that readers won't accept any more Privaron Espada fights. After seeing Noitora's grin, it's plainly dull to watch Rukia and Renji fighting Privaron's. In this light, Kubo will have to show us the endings of those fights only. E.g. - Renji close up, and at the background a bloody body is falling; Renji: "HA! Weak!"; and Rukia walking out of a frozen-to-state-of-pure-glass wall to find herself under the same sky as Chad.

Exactly. I don't want another volume's worth of cannon fodder fights if we already know that they can't beat the real Espada, anyway. It's been, like, 3 months--I want something new.

Another thing we have to put our eyes on is that Chad stopped Gantenbein's blast with his left hand. The attacking one. So, at the moment of collision, it was pure power against pure power. And the victorious one was Yasutora.

Hmm...I wasn't impressed by that, to be honest. Ichigo could've beaten Doldooni without his mask, so I didn't see the Privarons as being that strong anyway. In all three Privaron fights, Ichigo and Co. held their real powers back, which is the only reason they got smacked around a bit in the beginning, after all.

Another point is "La Muerte". As Gigantor pointed out, it's awfully hard to determine how the hell that hit is made, first it's made downwards, then it suddenly gone upwards. ... Strange?

Well, I'm not sure if the hit Noritora laughed off was "La Muerte", since everyone usually says the attack names in Bleach before they use special moves. I think it was just a regular uppercut to the body.

P.S> I should write revews too. ;)

You should! It'd be awesome to have three detailed perspectives on each chapter every week. I'm sure inana wouldn't mind, either.

dedal_x
February 04, 2007, 03:51 PM
Hmm...I wasn't impressed by that, to be honest. Ichigo could've beaten Doldooni without his mask, so I didn't see the Privarons as being that strong anyway. In all three Privaron fights, Ichigo and Co. held their real powers back, which is the only reason they got smacked around a bit in the beginning, after all.
My mentioning of that fact wasn't to show Chad's strengh in comparision with Espada or anyone else. I wanted to show his growth, compared to his old self.

Well, I'm not sure if the hit Noritora laughed off was "La Muerte", since everyone usually says the attack names in Bleach before they use special moves. I think it was just a regular uppercut to the body.
I wasn't talking about hit Noitora got. I meant the pinnacle of the Yasutora vs. Gantenbein fight.

Page 8. Sado blocks Gans' punch and swings his Diablo arm pretty hard. Looking at that panel you expect a swing-like punch.
Page 9. Suddenly, the stance changes, and judging from it - it's gonna be a hard straight punch in the face.
Page 10. The Punch. Suddenly, the punch is made in lower torso, and it's a twist punch, goind upwards. So, he moved his arm far backwards, then forward, then lowered elbow to the torso, pulling arm back again, Only AFTER that he makes a twist-punch. And not to mention that all these pretty insufficient moves were made so fast that Gans' didn't have time to react.

You should! It'd be awesome to have three detailed perspectives on each chapter every week. I'm sure inana wouldn't mind, either.

I'll consider doing it. Free time decides.

gigantor21
February 04, 2007, 06:22 PM
My mentioning of that fact wasn't to show Chad's strengh in comparision with Espada or anyone else. I wanted to show his growth, compared to his old self.

Oh, okay. That totally went over my head.

I wasn't talking about hit Noitora got. I meant the pinnacle of the Yasutora vs. Gantenbein fight.

Page 8. Sado blocks Gans' punch and swings his Diablo arm pretty hard. Looking at that panel you expect a swing-like punch.
Page 9. Suddenly, the stance changes, and judging from it - it's gonna be a hard straight punch in the face.
Page 10. The Punch. Suddenly, the punch is made in lower torso, and it's a twist punch, goind upwards. So, he moved his arm far backwards, then forward, then lowered elbow to the torso, pulling arm back again, Only AFTER that he makes a twist-punch. And not to mention that all these pretty insufficient moves were made so fast that Gans' didn't have time to react.

Again, totally went over my head. I thought you were comparing the two attacks Chad made with the Left Arm, not the way he threw La Muerte.

Sorry for the confusion.

juUnior
February 05, 2007, 02:13 PM
My thoughts when i read your comments on the chapter, gigantor ^^

I dont see why Chad, after all this time to achive what was shown to us in 3 chapters about his powers and all, and in the end damn Noitora... I don;t liked that.Chad should win how he win in that battle, and go further. If he would encounter Espada, it should be more in future, not now.. ehh I really liked hos Chado deafeted Afro arrancar, but I dont like the end. On the other hand I have a thought:
Maybe the blood which was split in the last panel was Noitora's? He too a hit from left hand from Chad, and maybe looking stupid, he was only cocky, that its all.. And than he splits his blood from mouth.. I would like to see that way, not other, because if it is true, Chad will be deafeted by Noitora easly (or he has some secret, but for now i dont think so).

gigantor21
February 05, 2007, 03:28 PM
On the other hand I have a thought:
Maybe the blood which was split in the last panel was Noitora's? He too a hit from left hand from Chad, and maybe looking stupid, he was only cocky, that its all.. And than he splits his blood from mouth.. I would like to see that way, not other, because if it is true, Chad will be deafeted by Noitora easly (or he has some secret, but for now i dont think so).

That would be awesome, but I doubt it. There's never any grey tones in terms of power when two people fight in Bleach--they're either dead even, or the gap is huge. I'd love it if Chad actually did some damage, though.